NATION

PASSWORD

GCN Global Senate (GCN GS Members Only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 21, 2021
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:57 am

Islamic Holy Sites wrote:
Southeast Marajarbia wrote:
George Collins: “No, it wouldn’t. It would actually help the massive empire that the GCN is develop itself even further to become more democratic and improve the democratic system in others like it. This is according to the negotiations that the Marajarbian and Meretican Governments had with one another about this very topic.”

“If different groups separate themselves from the others, wouldn’t that encourage separation from the alliance?”

George Collins: “Of course not. The establishment of alliance political parties would not mean separation, nor would it encourage it. If it did encourage it, separation from the GCN is going to be very hard. Possible, but very hard.”
Just a regular old II Superpower nation, and large scale trading empire that likes to have fun! You (the reader) can find me all over II nowadays, so I suggest having a chat.

Some NS stats are not canon. Nation represents some (not all) of my RL views

Join I&II (An NS news thread open to everybody and anybody) here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525784

Islamic Holy Sites
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 20, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Holy Sites » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:09 am

Islamic Holy Sites wrote:“If different groups separate themselves from the others, wouldn’t that encourage separation from the alliance?”

George Collins: “Of course not. The establishment of alliance political parties would not mean separation, nor would it encourage it. If it did encourage it, separation from the GCN is going to be very hard. Possible, but very hard.”

“What is the point of having people with similar political views together? Couldn’t they manage do that by themselves?”
#FreeNSGRojava!
FREEDOM, DEMOCRACY, ISLAM
FREE PALESTINE
STAND WITH THE UKRAINIAN PEOPLE
Call me Muqaddasia.
Proud member of the GCN. Host nation of SETZA. Founder/Co-founder of the (now defunct) IDSF Founder/Co-founder and first in command of the (now defunct) UCA. Founder of the (now defunct) ICRD.
BREAKING NEWS: Galapagos war 4 might be coming | “Aursi among best Muqaddasi allies,”, says government official | Muqaddasi weapon industry expanding WIP

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:15 am

“What is the point of having people with similar political views together? Couldn’t they manage do that by themselves?”

George Collins: “We can’t exactly spread true democracy or improve the democratic process without making the necessary reforms, or can we?”
Just a regular old II Superpower nation, and large scale trading empire that likes to have fun! You (the reader) can find me all over II nowadays, so I suggest having a chat.

Join I&II (An NS news thread open to everybody and anybody) here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525784

Islamic Holy Sites
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Holy Sites » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:17 am

Islamic Holy Sites wrote:“What is the point of having people with similar political views together? Couldn’t they manage do that by themselves?”

George Collins: “We can’t exactly spread true democracy or improve the democratic process without making the necessary reforms, or can we?”

“The purpose of political parties is to get elected. If it is impossible for them to get elected, then there is no point of having them.”
#FreeNSGRojava!
FREE PALESTINE
Call me Muqaddasia.
Proud member of the GCN. Host nation of SETZA. Founder/Co-founder of the (now defunct) IDSF Founder/Co-founder and first in command of the (now defunct) UCA. Founder of the (now defunct) ICRD.
BREAKING NEWS: Galapagos war 4 might be coming | “Aursi among best Muqaddasi allies,”, says government official | Muqaddasi weapon industry expanding WIP

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:21 am

“The purpose of political parties is to get elected. If it is impossible for them to get elected, then there is no point of having them.”

George Collins: “That’s only one purpose, though. Another purpose is to prevent infighting. The democracy we’ve all seen in the past was almost all infighting. There was no opposition, there were no similar ideals or interests, and there was no competition. Political parties could improve that.”

Islamic Holy Sites
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Holy Sites » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:24 am

Islamic Holy Sites wrote:“The purpose of political parties is to get elected. If it is impossible for them to get elected, then there is no point of having them.”

George Collins: “That’s only one purpose, though. Another purpose is to prevent infighting. The democracy we’ve all seen in the past was almost all infighting. There was no opposition, there were no similar ideals or interests, and there was no competition. Political parties could improve that.”

“That would probably increase the tension and lead to the organisation splintering. As far as I can see, everything is going fine, even if several members are not active in the GCN.”
#FreeNSGRojava!
FREE PALESTINE
Call me Muqaddasia.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:28 am

“That would probably increase the tension and lead to the organisation splintering. As far as I can see, everything is going fine, even if several members are not active in the GCN.”

George Collins: “Ah, but it would not. I’m more than certain that many might have conflicting interests within the GCN already, and to be fair, competition would be the best possible way to enforce that. It would also be more democratic as well. The democratic process as we know it needs to improve to work better, as without it, many countries will not have much to survive. Without a two wing system made up of many national political parties to form a massive international one, the world could develop further.”

Islamic Holy Sites
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Holy Sites » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:31 am

Islamic Holy Sites wrote:“That would probably increase the tension and lead to the organisation splintering. As far as I can see, everything is going fine, even if several members are not active in the GCN.”

George Collins: “Ah, but it would not. I’m more than certain that many might have conflicting interests within the GCN already, and to be fair, competition would be the best possible way to enforce that. It would also be more democratic as well. The democratic process as we know it needs to improve to work better, as without it, many countries will not have much to survive. Without a two wing system made up of many national political parties to form a massive international one, the world could develop further.”

“That is assuming every single person in the world has their country’s best interests at heart. Any corrupt leader would be able to encourage resentment and de facto split from the GCN.”
#FreeNSGRojava!
FREE PALESTINE
Call me Muqaddasia.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:41 am

“That is assuming every single person in the world has their country’s best interests at heart. Any corrupt leader would be able to encourage resentment and de facto split from the GCN.”

George Collins: “Ah, but I wasn’t referring to individual countries. I was referring to developing political parties so that democracy can be more improved. Think about it, more than half of all the democratic alliances that we’ve encountered over the years were all dedicated to spreading and improving democracy. ICDN was the only alliance that ever got close to actually improving the democratic process, and now that ICDN is part of the GCN (as well as one of the few big alliances that actually increased the power and influence of the GCN), and now that the GCN is fully set up and capable of making its goals come to fruition, it is up to us to finish what ICDN started, and ensure that democracy can improve. It is also with this that I believe alliance political parties could set a much needed example for any and all alliances out there.”

Islamic Holy Sites
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Holy Sites » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:26 am

Islamic Holy Sites wrote:“That is assuming every single person in the world has their country’s best interests at heart. Any corrupt leader would be able to encourage resentment and de facto split from the GCN.”

George Collins: “Ah, but I wasn’t referring to individual countries. I was referring to developing political parties so that democracy can be more improved. Think about it, more than half of all the democratic alliances that we’ve encountered over the years were all dedicated to spreading and improving democracy. ICDN was the only alliance that ever got close to actually improving the democratic process, and now that ICDN is part of the GCN (as well as one of the few big alliances that actually increased the power and influence of the GCN), and now that the GCN is fully set up and capable of making its goals come to fruition, it is up to us to finish what ICDN started, and ensure that democracy can improve. It is also with this that I believe alliance political parties could set a much needed example for any and all alliances out there.”

“I still do not see how it could do anything except divide the alliance.”
#FreeNSGRojava!
FREE PALESTINE
Call me Muqaddasia.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:45 am

“I still do not see how it could do anything except divide the alliance.”

George Collins: “It could help improve democracy, and help set an example and lay the foundations for any future alliance that has GCN heritage.”

Islamic Holy Sites
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Holy Sites » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:26 am

Islamic Holy Sites wrote:“I still do not see how it could do anything except divide the alliance.”

George Collins: “It could help improve democracy, and help set an example and lay the foundations for any future alliance that has GCN heritage.”

“How would it ‘improve democracy’? What would it change?”
#FreeNSGRojava!
FREE PALESTINE
Call me Muqaddasia.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:38 am

“How would it ‘improve democracy’? What would it change?”

George Collins: “It would improve democracy by allowing and facilitating opposing ideals to clash, allowing for a prevention of infighting while also allowing friendly debate to take place. It’s things like that which have never been focused on by any democratic alliance any of us have ever encountered in the past.”

Islamic Holy Sites
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Holy Sites » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:48 am

Islamic Holy Sites wrote:“How would it ‘improve democracy’? What would it change?”

George Collins: “It would improve democracy by allowing and facilitating opposing ideals to clash, allowing for a prevention of infighting while also allowing friendly debate to take place. It’s things like that which have never been focused on by any democratic alliance any of us have ever encountered in the past.”

“We believe factions like this should either have a lot of power or nearly none. A very weak part would group up these nations and facilitate contact but wouldn’t allow them to revolt.”
#FreeNSGRojava!
FREE PALESTINE
Call me Muqaddasia.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:55 am

“We believe factions like this should either have a lot of power or nearly none. A very weak part would group up these nations and facilitate contact but wouldn’t allow them to revolt.”

George Collins: “I would give the political parties at least some power if I could, and at least in the World Parliament or Global Senate.”

Islamic Holy Sites
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Holy Sites » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:59 am

Islamic Holy Sites wrote:“We believe factions like this should either have a lot of power or nearly none. A very weak part would group up these nations and facilitate contact but wouldn’t allow them to revolt.”

George Collins: “I would give the political parties at least some power if I could, and at least in the World Parliament or Global Senate.”

“Perhaps easier access, trade and spreading ideas to each other, but I would advise against that. The furthest I would go is to give them a separate chamber, where if they decide for/against a legislation, which would give them at the highest extreme three extra votes.”
#FreeNSGRojava!
FREE PALESTINE
Call me Muqaddasia.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:49 pm

“Perhaps easier access, trade and spreading ideas to each other, but I would advise against that. The furthest I would go is to give them a separate chamber, where if they decide for/against a legislation, which would give them at the highest extreme three extra votes.”

George Collins: “No, the main purpose of the political parties would be to set an example for other alliances and compete with one another for political power. A separate chamber is considerable, but too far. The political parties should be limited to elections only, in my opinions, with differing ideals and opinions on economic, political, or military issues and how GCN will play a role in that.”

Arvaronia
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 27, 2022
Ex-Nation

May I join?

Postby Arvaronia » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:23 pm

Telegram from the Arvaronian foreign minister: Hello everyone, this country that I represent would like to join this alliance. How do I join and what are the terms? Arvaronia is a country with incredible civil rights and freedom, there is no prison, just community service. There are also main battle tanks that are roaming Arvaronia's forest in search of axolotls as through the peculiar law of "inflicting as little pain as possible on animals, instead, hunters must use "insta-kill methods". So don't put any of your diplomats in the forests unless you want to quickly dispose of them.

Best regards, Arvaronian foreign minister.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:25 pm

Arvaronia wrote:Telegram from the Arvaronian foreign minister: Hello everyone, this country that I represent would like to join this alliance. How do I join and what are the terms? Arvaronia is a country with incredible civil rights and freedom, there is no prison, just community service. There are also main battle tanks that are roaming Arvaronia's forest in search of axolotls as through the peculiar law of "inflicting as little pain as possible on animals, instead, hunters must use "insta-kill methods". So don't put any of your diplomats in the forests unless you want to quickly dispose of them.

Best regards, Arvaronian foreign minister.

OOC: This is not the thread for this, but since you asked, here you go: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=514297

Islamic Holy Sites
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Holy Sites » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:45 am

Islamic Holy Sites wrote:“Perhaps easier access, trade and spreading ideas to each other, but I would advise against that. The furthest I would go is to give them a separate chamber, where if they decide for/against a legislation, which would give them at the highest extreme three extra votes.”

George Collins: “No, the main purpose of the political parties would be to set an example for other alliances and compete with one another for political power. A separate chamber is considerable, but too far. The political parties should be limited to elections only, in my opinions, with differing ideals and opinions on economic, political, or military issues and how GCN will play a role in that.”

“So, different factions who give their opinion?”
#FreeNSGRojava!
FREE PALESTINE
Call me Muqaddasia.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:24 pm

“So, different factions who give their opinion?”

George Collins: “Different factions that not only give their opinion and compete through each party of each wing having different strategic interests, but also align with and participate in, say, Senatorial elections.”

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:21 pm

George Collins: “So, other than everything else that has been discussed and heavily debated, such as the alliance political parties, what else should be added onto the new constitution?”

South Olpen
Senator

Founded: Jan 23, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby South Olpen » Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:32 pm

Southeast Marajarbia wrote:George Collins: “So, other than everything else that has been discussed and heavily debated, such as the alliance political parties, what else should be added onto the new constitution?”

Mack Dufour (Zonks replacement, he's at the conference)"I suppose we could add the 30th Amendment Global Sen. Zonks proposed."
The Scezonian Telegram Dep. of Defense Announces Anti-Ballistic Missile Research | Election 2028; Opinions of Candidates | War Between Galapagos and Aursi... Again

Male (he/him), American, liberal, represents a slightly exaggerated version of my views, we want mod transparency, greatest wishes to Greatest States of America.

The Blaatschapen wrote:They could serve as a distraction.

Of course, in modern combat, that's what the French are for.

American Legionaries wrote:Baseball fans are liars, bitching about politics is the real American pass time.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:12 am

George Collins: "Everyone, it is time to discuss the ongoing situation in ZN! For a long time now, the monarchs of ZN have converted from mere monarchs to pure fascists, and they've proven to be an extremely serious threat. We must contain them, and decide on a plan of action. Does anybody have any ideas?"

Islamic Holy Sites
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Holy Sites » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:36 am

Southeast Marajarbia wrote:George Collins: "Everyone, it is time to discuss the ongoing situation in ZN! For a long time now, the monarchs of ZN have converted from mere monarchs to pure fascists, and they've proven to be an extremely serious threat. We must contain them, and decide on a plan of action. Does anybody have any ideas?"

“Negotiation? Economic sanctions?”
#FreeNSGRojava!
FREE PALESTINE
Call me Muqaddasia.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates