NATION

PASSWORD

SLAVES MASSACRED; Munkchester election results in

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

SLAVES MASSACRED; Munkchester election results in

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:45 pm

10 pm
9 September

For the first time in generations, Munkcestrians gathered to watch the election night coverage. After cycle upon cycle of National Unionist landslides to little opposition, the past weeks had seen an actual threat arise to their rule: the Liberals, perpetual party of opposition, and their unexpectedly popular antithesis-of-George-Fenwick leader Ozzie Cuthbertson.

"And as the old cathedral bells strike ten, we can reveal the results of our exit poll..." and then nothing but a map of Munkchester painted almost entirely yellow. "We are predicting that the Liberals will win a landslide, almost 60% of the vote, 79 of the 100 seats in the Rede. If - this is only an exit poll - this is correct, this will be the first government not formed by the National Unionists or one of their predecessors since political parties came into existence."

Early morning
10 September

"I WON THIS ELECTION, BY A LOT!" insisted George Fenwick as all the RP guides insisting that no world leaders don't act like that found themselves at odds with reality. "Fortunately, I had already prepared for this eventuality," he said, sitting in his quarters on the eponymous George Fenwick superyacht. "We have transferred the entire national treasury aboard, and the Fenwick Brigade is currently searching the city for slaves..."

Meanwhile, the Fenwick Brigade was indeed searching the city for slaves. It had already descended upon the city's slave quarters, to which it gave no quarter, massacring all slaves they found without exception or hesitation. The meticulous list of slaves and slaveowners that Fenwick had long denied his government had was now in the brigade's possession, and a death sentence.

"We know you have 10-year-old twins and three child-slaves! Hand the slaves over to us or we'll come in and kill all who look the age!" shouted one, absent-mindedly twirling his moustache and reading from a tablet as he did. This was, of course, completely unnecessary - the records were detailed enough that the Fenwick Brigade wouldn't actually be killing any Munkcestrian citizens this night - but Fenwick had decided to give the people who had voted him out one last scare, a traumatic moral dilemma to haunt them for years to come.

Only when the sun rose did the Fenwick Brigade finally leave.
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC
FORTITERDEFENDITTRIUMPHANS

formerly Munkchester — formerly Munkcestrian Republic — he/him/his
Pro-Slavery Alliance

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:35 am

The Munkcestrian Republic today suffered a devastating and cowardly attack at the hands of the criminal George Fenwick and his associates. As a nation, we are determined to bring him and his accomplices to justice. However, there is a slight issue with which we would appreciate the assistance of the international community: there is no money left. Ex-Lord President George Fenwick made off with the entire treasury as he left office and the country.

I have called the newly-elected Rede into immediate session to formally abolish slavery, although preliminary estimates indicate that upwards of 85% of Munkchester's slave population was killed by the Fenwick Brigade. The owners of those left alive will, of course, require compensation: compensation that, as explained, the Munkcestrian government cannot give.

We are requesting not just monetary assistance but whatever assistance other governments can provide in this time of great need.

We seek to establish a $100 billion slave compensation fund, to be paid to slave-owners for the cost of their slave(s) and any inconvenience caused by emancipation. We also need to evacuate the freed population from Munkchester as soon as possible, and would appreciate any governments offering to resettle them or make arrangements for their transport home if they so wish.

Ozzie Cuthbertson
Lord President
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC

Pro-Slavery Alliance

Aenglea
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 08, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Aenglea » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:26 am

Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:

The Munkcestrian Republic today suffered a devastating and cowardly attack at the hands of the criminal George Fenwick and his associates. As a nation, we are determined to bring him and his accomplices to justice. However, there is a slight issue with which we would appreciate the assistance of the international community: there is no money left. Ex-Lord President George Fenwick made off with the entire treasury as he left office and the country.

I have called the newly-elected Rede into immediate session to formally abolish slavery, although preliminary estimates indicate that upwards of 85% of Munkchester's slave population was killed by the Fenwick Brigade. The owners of those left alive will, of course, require compensation: compensation that, as explained, the Munkcestrian government cannot give.

We are requesting not just monetary assistance but whatever assistance other governments can provide in this time of great need.

We seek to establish a $100 billion slave compensation fund, to be paid to slave-owners for the cost of their slave(s) and any inconvenience caused by emancipation. We also need to evacuate the freed population from Munkchester as soon as possible, and would appreciate any governments offering to resettle them or make arrangements for their transport home if they so wish.

Ozzie Cuthbertson
Lord President

Prime Minister Lupus Johnson of England offers money on the condition that Munkcestrian military officers involved in the murders of the Khan and Smith families and of Joe North are extradited to stand trial in the Central Criminal Court in London.

To avoid bias, jurors will be selected from outside of London.

OOC: Munkchester signed the First Geneva Convention in between abolishing it and reinstituting it in 2018, right?
Last edited by Aenglea on Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
An English nationstates nation that does not represent my views.

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:28 am

Aenglea wrote:

Ozzie Cuthbertson
Lord President

Prime Minister Lupus Johnson offers money on the condition that Munkcestrian military officers involved in the murders of the Khan and Smith families and of Joe North are extradited to stand trial in the Central Criminal Court in London.

OOC: Munkchester signed the First Geneva Convention in between abolishing it and reinstituting it in 2018, right?

OOC: Azad I do not recognise this latest puppet of yours which you will end up abandoning anyway.
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC

Pro-Slavery Alliance

Aenglea
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Aenglea » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:29 am

Aenglea wrote:Prime Minister Lupus Johnson offers money on the condition that Munkcestrian military officers involved in the murders of the Khan and Smith families and of Joe North are extradited to stand trial in the Central Criminal Court in London.

OOC: Azad I do not recognise this latest puppet of yours which you will end up abandoning anyway.

OOC: Why not? my mother is English. And you already recognised characters from Anglia. Please recognise it.

And I won’t abandon it as it’s a fascinating exploration of the country in which I currently live.
Last edited by Aenglea on Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:34 am

Aenglea wrote:
Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:OOC: Azad I do not recognise this latest puppet of yours which you will end up abandoning anyway.

OOC: Why not? my mother is English. And you already recognised characters from Anglia. Please recognise it.

And I won’t abandon it as it’s a fascinating exploration of the country in which I currently live.

OOC: I recognised characters from some sort of England, not 'Aenglea'.
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC

Pro-Slavery Alliance

Antonder
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 03, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Antonder » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:35 am

Antonder congratulates George Fenwick
King: Edward Johnson II
Prime Minister: Allan James

Definitely NOT The King Isle

Aenglea
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Aenglea » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:39 am

Aenglea wrote:OOC: Why not? my mother is English. And you already recognised characters from Anglia. Please recognise it.

OOC: I recognised characters from some sort of England, not 'Aenglea'.

OOC:
It’s IC name official name is Anglia, another name for England. (https://www.dictionary.com/browse/anglia)

How about it’s regular name as England and it’s ordinary indigenous citizens identify as English but it’s legal name is Anglia (which the elites and some immigrants identify with)?
Last edited by Aenglea on Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:40 am

Antonder wrote:Antonder congratulates George Fenwick

The Antonderese government is reminded that the Fenwick Brigade nuked its major ports just the other day.

Aenglea wrote:
Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:OOC: I recognised characters from some sort of England, not 'Aenglea'.

OOC:
It’s IC name official name is Anglia, another name for England. (https://www.dictionary.com/browse/anglia)

How about it’s regular name as England and it’s ordinary indigenous citizens identify as English but it’s legal name is Anglia (which the elites and some immigrants identify with)?

OOC: Put forward a history timeline in which this could realistically happen thanks
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC

Pro-Slavery Alliance

Aenglea
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Aenglea » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:41 am

The Antonderese government is reminded that the Fenwick Brigade nuked its major ports just the other day.

Aenglea wrote:OOC:

OOC: Put forward a history timeline in which this could realistically happen thanks

OOC: ok. fine, since you have no issue with using real countries anymore it’s just called England.

Couldn’t use that name OOCly though because it will be already taken.
Last edited by Aenglea on Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Antonder
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Antonder » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:41 am

Aenglea wrote:OOC:

OOC: can we not be enemies?

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:43 am

Antonder wrote:
Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:The Antonderese government is reminded that the Fenwick Brigade nuked its major ports just the other day.

OOC: can we not be enemies?

OOC: There is no reason why the new Munkcestrian government would have to be enemies with a nation with which it has a common enemy, that being the Fenwick Brigade. However Antonder supporting the Fenwick Brigade against Munkchester despite the brigade nuking Antonder is rather outlandish.
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC

Pro-Slavery Alliance

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:45 am

Aenglea wrote:
Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:The Antonderese government is reminded that the Fenwick Brigade nuked its major ports just the other day.

OOC: ok. fine, since you have no issue with using real countries anymore it’s just called England.

OOC: No issue with real countries has always been my policy I just assume international waters/fractal Earths theory to account for the fact there are a thousand of each.
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC

Pro-Slavery Alliance

The Stockholm Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 11, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Stockholm Republic » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:46 am

Aenglea wrote:

OOC: is that ok, England existing instead of Anglia?

Antonder
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Antonder » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:46 am

Antonder wrote:OOC: can we not be enemies?

OOC: There is no reason why the new Munkcestrian government would have to be enemies with a nation with which it has a common enemy, that being the Fenwick Brigade. However Antonder supporting the Fenwick Brigade against Munkchester despite the brigade nuking Antonder is rather outlandish.

OOC: we forgive you but can we be allies? If you invade Antapondi you can have a piece of it

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:47 am

Antonder wrote:
Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:OOC: There is no reason why the new Munkcestrian government would have to be enemies with a nation with which it has a common enemy, that being the Fenwick Brigade. However Antonder supporting the Fenwick Brigade against Munkchester despite the brigade nuking Antonder is rather outlandish.

OOC: we forgive you but can we be allies? If you invade Antapondi you can have a piece of it

OOC: Forgive who?
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC

Pro-Slavery Alliance

Aenglea
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Aenglea » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:48 am

Aenglea wrote:

Ozzie Cuthbertson
Lord President

Prime Minister Lupus Johnson of England offers money on the condition that Munkcestrian military officers involved in the murders of the Khan and Smith families and of Joe North are extradited to stand trial in the Central Criminal Court in London.

OOC: do they accept the offer?

IC: President Lupus Johnson of England asks to negotiate an extradition treaty at Collingwood House.

Antonder
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Antonder » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:49 am

Antonder wrote:OOC: we forgive you but can we be allies? If you invade Antapondi you can have a piece of it

OOC: Forgive who?

OOC: are you against the Fenwick Brigade?

Antonder
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Antonder » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:52 am

OOC: just saying this but Munkcestrian Republic you are welcome to join the Glorious Communist Empire whenever. It's cool if you don't want to though
Last edited by Antonder on Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:10 am

Aenglea wrote:
Aenglea wrote:Prime Minister Lupus Johnson of England offers money on the condition that Munkcestrian military officers involved in the murders of the Khan and Smith families and of Joe North are extradited to stand trial in the Central Criminal Court in London.

OOC: do they accept the offer?

IC: President Lupus Johnson of England asks to negotiate an extradition treaty at Collingwood House.

Munkchester currently has more pressing concerns, also I don't even remember the murders.
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC

Pro-Slavery Alliance

Aenglea
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Aenglea » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:53 am

Aenglea wrote:OOC: do they accept the offer?

Munkchester currently has more pressing concerns, also I don't even remember the murders.

“I have offered to help with these supposedly more pressing concerns, in exchange for signing an extradition treaty.” says Lupus Johnson.

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:59 pm

Antonder wrote:
Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:OOC: Forgive who?

OOC: are you against the Fenwick Brigade?

OOC: (The new government of) Munkchester is, yes.
Last edited by Munkcestrian RepubIic on Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC

Pro-Slavery Alliance

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:52 am

The newly-inaugurated Munkcestrian cabinet sat down around the table, chaired by the first Lord President not to come from the National Unionist Party or an era where political identifications were more about personal allegiances in history.

"Our boffins have been hard at work all night deciphering this note that George Fenwick left in the treasury," said Lord President Ozzie Cuthbertson as he waved the coded message that had been found in the treasury. "It turns out that it reads 'Dear lord president, I'm afraid there is no money. I took it all. Kind regards – and good luck! George.' which is of course a reference to- well, nevermind. More to the point, as you already know, we don't have any money. And more importantly, nobody's offering any."

He continued. "So I've had the treasury come up with a plan. We're going to sell resettlement rights of the emancipated slaves to foreign governments, and use the proceeds to compensate slaveowners."
Last edited by Munkcestrian RepubIic on Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC

Pro-Slavery Alliance

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:07 am

MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC

Pro-Slavery Alliance

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:47 am

The Munkcestrian government wishes to reiterate to the international community that full amnesty has been offered to Munkcestrian citizens who have renounced all ties to the Fenwicks and declared their loyalty to the new cabinet; we will not be extraditing officers who punished drug dealers in a perfectly reasonable manner in defence of the state.

Ozzie Cuthbertson
Lord President
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC

Pro-Slavery Alliance

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates