NATION

PASSWORD

The Festival of Holy Light IV (IC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Sky Reavers
Envoy
 
Posts: 276
Founded: Nov 18, 2020
Anarchy

Postby Sky Reavers » Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:52 pm

AHSCA wrote:"Indeed not, probably the simplest of any religion, at least all the ones I know of. It's certainly possible thoughts and ideas have seeped into our values as well. We've had periods of being occupied or trading with neighbors over the centuries so there's always that. I certainly believe revelation isn't always a direct message from the Divine herself but from the Divine's work around us. We see it always in the weather around us, the beauty of our environment, the will of all people around us. We've been willed to work together and live in harmony with one another despite some differences among every island. Just call me a wide eyed optimist perhaps."

Riding up on a simple bicycle now was her younger sister "Sis, I'm back, they were all out of the cinnamon I'm afraid but still enough sugar. Oh hello! You're a new face."


"Divine probably inspires ya' with beauty of nature and spirit. There ain't nothin' bad in optimism, we are also idealists by nature, who belive in creation of the future free from oppression. Idealism gives us such an important unity. There are some similarities between your religion and our ideology in fact. You belive, that you have been willed to live in harmony despite all differences of islands. And we... after the revolution, we have formed a confederation of different factions, united by one creed.

Your religion would definitely fit in the Chillax Dudes faction back home. It's one of our four strongest factions. The other three are Cowboy Republic, SKT/FAE, and Neoners."-Liam sees matron's young sister on a bicycle and greets her.

-"Howdy there, nice to see ya' too! What do ya' cook? Whatever it is, I belive it might taste well without cinnamon too if ya' add a lil' bit more sugar. Still, cinnamon is nice, I tried some booze with it recently, it gives some nice aftertaste to it."
Sky Reavers are retconned Skyhooked. A bunch of crazy, wild everpartying anarchists, who are resistant to cold, heat and diseases, can can proccess booze like hell. MT/PMT tech. Wanna know more or have a request? It's here: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=505973

User avatar
The Selkie
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14620
Founded: Sep 17, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Selkie » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:29 am

AHSCA wrote:[...]

Kochi

"Why yes of course, come let's give them a peak, shall we?" She slid open the curtian to show "May I present Nia."

The girls all cooed "Ooh wow you look great in it!" Hina said

"100, no 1000%" Yurika shared the sentiment

"Cute and beautiful, Nia. Kaguya, what do you think?"

"I think she's already got it down pat. I'll need to make an adjustment or two but otherwise, if she wants it, consider it sold."

"What do you think, Nia?" Hina asked her walking over to give it a close look "You like the way it feels, the way it looks?"




"I can't begin to imagine what's that like. I suppose everyone wishes to have a thousand lifetimes but wishing and experiencing are different things. I suppose mankind is always doomed to wreak havoc on one another from now until we're all dust and this little blue marble disappears. For now, let this place be somewhere where you do find peace. Have this one on me." Pulling out a glass bottle of some kind of alcoholic beverage she offered it up to her wayward traveling friend here.




Port Aya

"Aww that's so sweet," Saturno agreed "It's good thing then!"

"I'm glad you have such a niiice big broother like that. It's only me and mama!" Plutona explained still with her spacey smile.

"And it's the same with me. Except for Georgie here. Isn't that right Georgie?"

Again she nodded with the puppet.

Aurora

Maybe it was the hot water but he felt his face flush just a bit as Siana drew closer, still he kept his cool demeanor. "Okay, Siana it is then. And yeah likewise...I mean likewise to call us by name."

"Yeah, we don't mind. AHSCA isn't big on honorifics or the family name first, but we are a polite people. It's good to meet you, Siana. So you're in the Navy it sounds like?"

[...]


Nia Gwyalen, of Cefnffordd Descent.
Kochi, Hoshino.

I blushed at the praises and pulled my head in slightly - Cel and Kay and Fi and all the others were always so self-confident, when they got praised, why couldn't I be like that?
"...thank you...", I got out, then took a deep breath. I looked to Hina and said, "It looks cute, but would you mind, if I were to do a few steps in the shop?"




Blodwen Canatol, of Cefnffordd Descent.
Kochi, Hoshino.

I took the bottle and bowed my head lightly.
"Thank you."
Opening it, the smell of alcohol assaulted my nose. The rest of the smell was unknown to me... sesshu, maybe? No, this was a Shiko-thing, not Islander. Hm...
"Not to look a gift horse into the mouth...", I decided and looked at the stall owner, "...but what is that?"




Celina Riar of the Tribe of Monaghan.
Port Aya, Hoshino.

I smiled and pulled out my wallet.
Opening it quickly, I found a photograph, a year old. I stood there in a cheeky white bikini, but next to me stood a young man, two years older then I and about twenty centimeters taller. He was a good-looking, blonde and blue eyed hunk of a man, trained, with strong arms and a finely cut face. He was explaining something to me, while a horse was sniffing his hair, much to my bemusement.
"That's my brother Aonghus.", I said as I showed the image to the two girls.




Siana Gualla of the Tribe of Cork.
Port Aurora, Aurora.

He blushed - maybe it was the water, maybe it wasn't... who'd know? I knew, what I bet on.
I hummed in agreement at his sister's question. "Yes, I am a Leading Ensign at the Naval School of the SDF-Navy.", I explained. "In a few years, I'll be a Lieutenant and will hopefully be transferred to the Flight School." I smiled at Arashi. "Make an educated guess as to what I'll do there."
I smiled, a small bit of a tease.
I play PT, MT and a bit FT. I am into character-RPs.
My people are called the Selkie, the nation is usually called the Free Lands in MT-settings. Thanks.

Silverport Dockyards Ltd.: Storefront - Catalogue

User avatar
Astares Amauricanum
Diplomat
 
Posts: 765
Founded: Jan 30, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Astares Amauricanum » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:35 pm

Nigeria bit her lip a little, "Mmm if you say so, Mr. Joel but I think I should still ask our Priestesses to see how they feel just to check that. Well you still seem like a good guy and good for our dear Sunny here so please just take care of her okay?"

"I think that's a good way to look at it. The Divine wants us to be us, not be their chained slaves after all we have free will to believe or not believe."

Nigeria sighed a bit "I'm sorry, call me old fashioned if you must but I fear tempting the Dark Goddess is just a bad idea right now...Mmm so Joel..." She shifted to change the subject "It's great you've come back to Corona, any other special plans while here? After all so much to see during the festival."


Joel Miller
Kino, Korona


"Okay, going to the Temple to ask the Priestesses is a good idea." I reply to Nigeria. "I think I'll go with you if I can, say Hi to the Matron who was so nice to me and my family last year." I add with a smile.

"As for what I plan to do while I'm here, honestly Nigeria, I don't know." Ii reply to Sunplena's friend. "After the hectic year we had in the Malditas, with all the alerts and readiness we had to maintain, I just want to enjoy a quiet vacation with my love here, enjoy the Festival, but mostly have a good rest." I say with a sigh, before looking back to Sunplena with loving eyes.
Embassy Program
I don't use NS stats
Change rate: 1 Imperial Covin = 1.86 NSD

Member of: GFTC, IPDA, WHO
A 15.833 civilization, according to this index.
A 1.1428 civilization, according to this one
Nation ranked 8/10 according to this scale

User avatar
Cartoonia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1356
Founded: Jul 22, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cartoonia » Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:46 pm

AHSCA wrote:
Cartoonia wrote:“My camera runs on film” Yukari replies, “I carry lots of film in my bag, just in case I need to reload” she continues, showing the child inside her bag of film. “This particular camera was produced in Cartoonia, not having been produced by other nations in years. I like using cameras like this because it feels more authentic, and more astheticly pleasing for readers of our newspapers”. She continues showing him the camera while Alphonse continues to jot down what Miku was saying.

“Oh no, it’s quite alright” he smiles. “I think its nice to hear everything to get a nice perspective on things I believe. Now, last question. How important is this festival to you and your family life, especially in these crazy times of uncertainty?”


"wow! Film, that's so cool! Hey is it true it has silver in it? And it sounds like just like us, papa says we do things the old way because sometimes old ways are best ways! Hey can I please look through the little window and see through it?"

Finishing up the interview it sounds like, it was pretty fun but certainly they'd probably want to talk to many others. "This festival is super important. I was born during the festival which was right after the war. My parents said me being born felt like the sun poking out from the dark storm clouds. Now I'm grown and married, have been for the past eight years, and blessed with my little son over there. This year has been a little unusual but having the festival now seems like just a bit of tradition that's needed to keep us remembering how blessed we are. Hehe I used blessed a lot I know but that's another part of the festival is to show our faith."


“In a way, yes. There is a bit of silver combined with some other minerals that silver halide crystals which determine the sensitivity, contrast, and resolution of the film. Really brings out the color and life of the picture. We too like some of the old ways too, mostly because to me, it is aesthetically pleasing. Anyway, you can look through the viewfinder”. She holds her camera in a way to let the young lad look through the hole that is the viewfinder. “See if you can find something you think is perfect for a picture”.

“Oh, it’s fine. It helps me get a more clear picture of the whole reason for this festival” Alphonse replies as he finishes writing down all that she has said. “Once again, thank you very much for your time Mrs. Nakano. I really do appreciate it. And it would seem your son has taken a liking to Miss Akiyama’s camera hasn’t he?”
Supreme Leader Jimmy Kudo
Chancellor Nigel Uno
Attorney General Conan Edogawa
Secretary of Foreign Affairs Raphtalia
Gran-General of the Army Eric Cartman
Gran-Admiral of the Navy Kagura Mikazuchi

The desk of the Democratic Republic of Cartoonia Department of Foreign Affairs.
Capitol: Gallagher
Current Civil State: Prosperous
Current Military Status: At Peace
Cartoonian-Dillydale Stock Exchange…...JWC -10.0%........CIS +1.1%......CEP +2.1%......SSA -6.1%......POC -5.1%......WDC -1.2%......ABC +2.4%......RMC -1.2%......MRE +1.7%......SSC +3.1%......FSC +2.0%......KTC -0.5%......SBC -4.2%......KKF -5.3%

User avatar
AHSCA
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5496
Founded: Mar 08, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby AHSCA » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:54 pm

Sky Reavers wrote:"Divine probably inspires ya' with beauty of nature and spirit. There ain't nothin' bad in optimism, we are also idealists by nature, who belive in creation of the future free from oppression. Idealism gives us such an important unity. There are some similarities between your religion and our ideology in fact. You belive, that you have been willed to live in harmony despite all differences of islands. And we... after the revolution, we have formed a confederation of different factions, united by one creed.

Your religion would definitely fit in the Chillax Dudes faction back home. It's one of our four strongest factions. The other three are Cowboy Republic, SKT/FAE, and Neoners."-Liam sees matron's young sister on a bicycle and greets her.

-"Howdy there, nice to see ya' too! What do ya' cook? Whatever it is, I belive it might taste well without cinnamon too if ya' add a lil' bit more sugar. Still, cinnamon is nice, I tried some booze with it recently, it gives some nice aftertaste to it."


"Though we just met, think we'll get along just great, sounds like our people think a lot along the same wave lengths. Welcome back Komaru, we'll make due."

"Good to meet you too" Komaru responded "I was planning on baking cinnamon cookies for the little children here but as I said, the market was out so we'll make due with sugar cookies! If you're going to be around long enough, I promise you can have a few!"

"Well it'd be mighty nice to have you stay a while if you wish but we also understand there's much to do and see during the festival. But the kitchen staff knows their way around baking."


The Selkie wrote:Nia Gwyalen, of Cefnffordd Descent.
Kochi, Hoshino.
I blushed at the praises and pulled my head in slightly - Cel and Kay and Fi and all the others were always so self-confident, when they got praised, why couldn't I be like that?
"...thank you...", I got out, then took a deep breath. I looked to Hina and said, "It looks cute, but would you mind, if I were to do a few steps in the shop?"



Blodwen Canatol, of Cefnffordd Descent.
Kochi, Hoshino.
I took the bottle and bowed my head lightly.
"Thank you."
Opening it, the smell of alcohol assaulted my nose. The rest of the smell was unknown to me... sesshu, maybe? No, this was a Shiko-thing, not Islander. Hm...
"Not to look a gift horse into the mouth...", I decided and looked at the stall owner, "...but what is that?"



Celina Riar of the Tribe of Monaghan.
Port Aya, Hoshino.
I smiled and pulled out my wallet.
Opening it quickly, I found a photograph, a year old. I stood there in a cheeky white bikini, but next to me stood a young man, two years older then I and about twenty centimeters taller. He was a good-looking, blonde and blue eyed hunk of a man, trained, with strong arms and a finely cut face. He was explaining something to me, while a horse was sniffing his hair, much to my bemusement.
"That's my brother Aonghus.", I said as I showed the image to the two girls.



Siana Gualla of the Tribe of Cork.
Port Aurora, Aurora.
He blushed - maybe it was the water, maybe it wasn't... who'd know? I knew, what I bet on.
I hummed in agreement at his sister's question. "Yes, I am a Leading Ensign at the Naval School of the SDF-Navy.", I explained. "In a few years, I'll be a Lieutenant and will hopefully be transferred to the Flight School." I smiled at Arashi. "Make an educated guess as to what I'll do there."
I smiled, a small bit of a tease.
'

Kochi

"Why yes of course, feel free to walk and get a good feel for it. I wouldn't do any running until you're used to it but it shouldn't take you long to get a good balance in walking." Kaguya stepped aside but still at arms length for when she'd be needed again allowing her to walk about and get a feel for it "How does it feel, okay in the leg area? Again I'm happy to make any adjustments you need."

"You're already getting it, you're a real native!" Hina praised




"Hehe a bit strong for you? I'm not really sure of everything myself, just a bit of this and that, rum for certain, probably a splash of tequila and vodka. Sugarcane, fermented rice. A wartime drink by the guys and gals in the trenches."




Port Aya


"Woooow!" they both said with stars in their eyes "He's so handsome!" Kaori said

"He's cuuute!" Plutona agreed as much with Kaori. "And you're plenty cuuute tooo in your swimsuit there! You must be a model or something!"




Aurora

"Incredible! You and your family must be quite proud of your accomplishments. I served Army myself, my sister was a Priestess."

"My goofy glasses, I'd be spotted a mile away, military didn't seem ideal for me."

"So going into flight school, sounds like you'll be a navy pilot. Or is it commercial aviation you're looking to? Maybe if not combat, search & rescue. You'd get plenty of work around here that's for sure" he chuckled "Sorry sorry dumb joke. So how warm or cold am I?"

Astares Amauricanum wrote:Joel Miller
Kino, Korona

"Okay, going to the Temple to ask the Priestesses is a good idea." I reply to Nigeria. "I think I'll go with you if I can, say Hi to the Matron who was so nice to me and my family last year." I add with a smile.

"As for what I plan to do while I'm here, honestly Nigeria, I don't know." Ii reply to Sunplena's friend. "After the hectic year we had in the Malditas, with all the alerts and readiness we had to maintain, I just want to enjoy a quiet vacation with my love here, enjoy the Festival, but mostly have a good rest." I say with a sigh, before looking back to Sunplena with loving eyes.


"I'm sure she'll be delighted to see you again!" Sunplena agreed "You know her, she loves everybody!"

"Well a good rest is what you've earned, I'm certain" Nigeria nodded "You come to a good place for that, little old Corona she plenty small and she's plenty tranquil."

Cartoonia wrote:“In a way, yes. There is a bit of silver combined with some other minerals that silver halide crystals which determine the sensitivity, contrast, and resolution of the film. Really brings out the color and life of the picture. We too like some of the old ways too, mostly because to me, it is aesthetically pleasing. Anyway, you can look through the viewfinder”. She holds her camera in a way to let the young lad look through the hole that is the viewfinder. “See if you can find something you think is perfect for a picture”.

“Oh, it’s fine. It helps me get a more clear picture of the whole reason for this festival” Alphonse replies as he finishes writing down all that she has said. “Once again, thank you very much for your time Mrs. Nakano. I really do appreciate it. And it would seem your son has taken a liking to Miss Akiyama’s camera hasn’t he?”


"Wow you can see a lot in this, this is pretty neat!" He looked closely "Mmmm yeah can I take a picture of mama?"

"I'm so delighted you chose to speak with me, I hope I was of help for your article and I hope I get to read it."

User avatar
Cartoonia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1356
Founded: Jul 22, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cartoonia » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:42 am

AHSCA wrote:
Cartoonia wrote:“In a way, yes. There is a bit of silver combined with some other minerals that silver halide crystals which determine the sensitivity, contrast, and resolution of the film. Really brings out the color and life of the picture. We too like some of the old ways too, mostly because to me, it is aesthetically pleasing. Anyway, you can look through the viewfinder”. She holds her camera in a way to let the young lad look through the hole that is the viewfinder. “See if you can find something you think is perfect for a picture”.

“Oh, it’s fine. It helps me get a more clear picture of the whole reason for this festival” Alphonse replies as he finishes writing down all that she has said. “Once again, thank you very much for your time Mrs. Nakano. I really do appreciate it. And it would seem your son has taken a liking to Miss Akiyama’s camera hasn’t he?”


"Wow you can see a lot in this, this is pretty neat!" He looked closely "Mmmm yeah can I take a picture of mama?"

"I'm so delighted you chose to speak with me, I hope I was of help for your article and I hope I get to read it."


“Yeah, the viewfinder gives a good sight of everything, doesn’t it? By all means, you can take a picture of your mom. Just get the camera pointing towards her, and in a couple of seconds, the photo will appear”.

“Oh, it was a pleasure to speak with you” Alphonse smiles. “It really does help, and I’m sure you’ll be able to read it, most of our major newspaper companies have their papers published within Cartoon embassies, or other places these companies have deals with”. Alphonse looks around and sees Yukari with the young boy, it seems that she has given him the camera, which was pointing at Miku.

“It seems that Miss Akiyama has allowed your son to take a picture, of you no less” he says smiling and pointing at the camera. “Look to your left and smile”.
Supreme Leader Jimmy Kudo
Chancellor Nigel Uno
Attorney General Conan Edogawa
Secretary of Foreign Affairs Raphtalia
Gran-General of the Army Eric Cartman
Gran-Admiral of the Navy Kagura Mikazuchi

The desk of the Democratic Republic of Cartoonia Department of Foreign Affairs.
Capitol: Gallagher
Current Civil State: Prosperous
Current Military Status: At Peace
Cartoonian-Dillydale Stock Exchange…...JWC -10.0%........CIS +1.1%......CEP +2.1%......SSA -6.1%......POC -5.1%......WDC -1.2%......ABC +2.4%......RMC -1.2%......MRE +1.7%......SSC +3.1%......FSC +2.0%......KTC -0.5%......SBC -4.2%......KKF -5.3%

User avatar
Astares Amauricanum
Diplomat
 
Posts: 765
Founded: Jan 30, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Astares Amauricanum » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:58 am

"I'm sure she'll be delighted to see you again!" Sunplena agreed "You know her, she loves everybody!"

"Well a good rest is what you've earned, I'm certain" Nigeria nodded "You come to a good place for that, little old Corona she plenty small and she's plenty tranquil."


Joel Miller
Kino, Corona


"Indeed, that's why I'm glad to have chosen this Island for my vacation last year." I reply to Sunplena before kissing her, then reporting my attention back to Nigeria.

"So, what are you three gonna do for the Festival?" I ask to Nigeria, Filipinia and Amika.
Embassy Program
I don't use NS stats
Change rate: 1 Imperial Covin = 1.86 NSD

Member of: GFTC, IPDA, WHO
A 15.833 civilization, according to this index.
A 1.1428 civilization, according to this one
Nation ranked 8/10 according to this scale

User avatar
Mervay
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1631
Founded: Jan 05, 2018
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Mervay » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:03 am

AHSCA wrote:Port Aurora

With the nice breeze it meant a lot of pleasant scents of food could be carried around. "Mmmmm" Raia got the scent almost like a dog "Something smells yummy"

"How can you possibly be hungry?" Asahi had to question given the choppy little voyage they just had.

"Sorry sis, my brain says chop but my tummy says tasty foods."

"Oh all right. Here" Reaching in she handed over 10 Credits for each, still paper money even with a coming push towards a coin based system. "I think I see a stand right there, let's go get you both something."

"Yay!"

The stand in question was a baked pretzel stand, it was ran by locals who of course adopted a tasty treat from time overseas "Oooh something foreign and exotic, sounds fun!"

"A bit of a line, you sure this is what you want?" Asahi asked them and they both nodded "Oh all right." Well she had to expect this taking her younger sister along. It might be a bit of a wait but well it would be a fine treat, even Asahi was getting over the rough and tumbled ride to get a little hungry herself, yeah this would be good.



Port Schala
"Why yes, of course, let me look." The wind rather forcefully closed the door behind them which gave the poor girl a little jolt. "Eer 'scuse me 'bout that, windy day sometimes makes it h-hard to keep the door open properly. N-now let me look f-for you!" She said with a big smile on her face "Let's see, yes yes we do have a room open for you! I can check you in immediately!"

The door flung open again letting the rather strong breeze in, along with another girl, clearly another worker given the way she was dressed, standing taller than her other worker. "Oh heaven's me!" any attempt to prop the door open or keep it shut seemed futile at this point "Guess just gonna have to deal with it. Oh a guest, Orgia, you got this?"

"Y-yes I've got it, Zenna, thank you!"

"You sure? I can help you with anything you know."

"I promise, I got it." she smiled and nodded

"Okay. Salutations madam." Zenna greeted "And welcome to the Lighthouse in, yada yada yada, I'm sure Orgia gave you the spiel already." Origa giggled as Zenna's sort of nonchalant take as the co-worker patted her on her shoulder and disappeared into the room behind the counter.

"Oh and 'scuse me for forgetting to say Salutations. That-that's how we're supposed to greet our customers. Ehe, please f-follow me if you would?" Down a long hallway "B-boy it's quite windy today as you've n-noticed madam!" Origa doing her best. "Matron Zabina s-says this will be the year of the Dark Goddess for sure." taking a key out she opened the door to the nice little room it lacked a window sadly but it was otherwise quite cozy a little bed, a desk for stationary needs and an oil lamp that Origa lit. "If this is to y-your liking? I can always show you another room if you don't like this one. I can also answer questions you may have. W-well if you want. You can tell I'm not good at t-talking I'm sorry. But all us gals here are able to h-help. Oh communal bath is at the other end of the hall here as are public facilities. This building is qu-quite old but she's really held up through the years at least according to Miss Tyre. I can also summon her if you need, she's the owner and manager here."

Harriet and Athena Freezis
Their route to the Kitan had them get near a kind of a large line for a stand of food, it seemed, exotic and interesting at first glance to the two women, until they noticed how little by little, bits of global culture came to the islands and in this case, in the form of... Pretzels.
They both glanced at each other and giggled as they noticed it, reminding them of those stands in Hoffnung Park back in Sudentor or in Crescend Park in Directus.

"Think we should ask them for the Kitan while we wait for the Pretzels?" Athena asked as she straightened her luggage with her. Her mother doing the same while smiling happily.

"Can't see why not!" Harriet was entirely on board with the idea, after all, pretzels were pretzels. And so they joined the line and while waiting, they decided to talk about life. "So. How are things between Leo and you dear?" And Athena's love life...

"Sweet! I had been spending quite a while talking with him through letters and video calls after I left the Free Lands back a last month an entire month there." She smiled warmly as a slight blush appeared on her face, signalling she did made well use her time there. After returning to work, she got entirely busy in the business and corporate affairs, this being an surprise vacation as she hasn't spent a long time alone with her mother away of the country.

Her mother could only smile and chuckle at her daughter's reaction.

"I'm sure you two will see each other soon, after all, christmas isn't that far off..." The slight smirk of the dark violet haired woman was met with the blushing mess of one of Mervay's most powerful women. Making her laugh at that before Athena gave her a pout, trust evident in their teasing and mannerisms before it died off with a surprise question from the black haired woman.

"You know, I'm surprised that people is still willing to come here after Duchess Villa kind of shoot herself in the foot by kicking the Sultana and almost making everyone fear a war would happen, yet worse being that she broke up with the Princess and gave this show an worse standing..." She groaned slightly at that before sighing. "That scandal was by all means, an complete mess that could been evaded should those two talked before it all went down or broke up, rather than having made themselves gain a bad reputation." She stopped there before looking at her mother nodding at her thoughts, the entire relationship crisis caused more damage than it was expected of an young adult's relationship and of who was dating who or marrying who.

"We can only assume that from what we know, it all came out of sudden and Duchess Villa didn't came witha anything else after almost showing herself as a diplomatic pariah with what she did." Her Mother answered, a slight and angry frown was on her face as she thought of it more before sighing, that blasted letter was the cherry at the top from Marcella Villa before her appearance with the Astarians in London; one ally replaced by another, diplomacy at it's best if seen cynically, even if it was perfectly pragmatic. She should better ask about the hotel before she forgets.

"Ehh my apologies, but by curiosity, does any of you know the way to the Kitan??"

Viveka Aralia Adler
The door closed behind her forcefully again thanks to the wind, the young journalist feared the maid had seen a ghost the moment door closed with such force.
Aralia could only give her an reassuring smile while she looked for rooms, and to her charming luck, there's a free room! She nodded happily at the mention of that, but before she could even answer... The door was forcefully opened again.

"Für die Liebe..." She muttered annoyingly in German before continuing in her head, dear god they should fix that dammed door! The orange eyed young woman turned to see another maid, surely worker of the place that was also annoyed by the door and resigned to get used to it, which made Viveka really think on that at least as a customer she should tell them to fix it.

Of course then it came the greetings and such before the maid went to that other room, not giving her the chance to even respond, at much, she could only nod and smile.

"It's fine, there's nothing to worry about and if you can please do so..." And as such, she followed the maid down the hallway to where her room was, hearing the rumours that this year would be their dark goddess, which to be fair; knowing how it all ended, there's a certain possibility it will be that way.

The moment they got to her room, she looked at it and found that it was quite cozy and comfortable, though it didn't had an window, which was her slight problem, but she will do. Setting her luggage aside, she looked at Origa with an smile and curious look.

"Actually yes, should I sign something confirming I'm booked here or that will be when I leave the hotel, since I plan on staying two weeks here."

User avatar
AHSCA
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5496
Founded: Mar 08, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby AHSCA » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:33 pm

Cartoonia wrote:“Yeah, the viewfinder gives a good sight of everything, doesn’t it? By all means, you can take a picture of your mom. Just get the camera pointing towards her, and in a couple of seconds, the photo will appear”.

“Oh, it was a pleasure to speak with you” Alphonse smiles. “It really does help, and I’m sure you’ll be able to read it, most of our major newspaper companies have their papers published within Cartoon embassies, or other places these companies have deals with”. Alphonse looks around and sees Yukari with the young boy, it seems that she has given him the camera, which was pointing at Miku.

“It seems that Miss Akiyama has allowed your son to take a picture, of you no less” he says smiling and pointing at the camera. “Look to your left and smile”.


"I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled then."

"Hey mama, time to get your picture taken!" Her son called out

"Oh well, okay son if you insist. Thank you Miss." She also thanked the photographer for indulging him on this well she managed a smile, first shy but growing more confident as a few photos were snapped of her. "Now if you please, get one of my son and me together." She beckoned her son to come over which he promptly did he had his fun to snap the pictures now was time to get the two of them together. A few pictures later and they were set to take a look. "Wow they look great!" Miku was a bit surprised "Didn't know I was so photogenic"

"That's so awesome."

Astares Amauricanum wrote:
Joel Miller
Kino, Corona

"Indeed, that's why I'm glad to have chosen this Island for my vacation last year." I reply to Sunplena before kissing her, then reporting my attention back to Nigeria.

"So, what are you three gonna do for the Festival?" I ask to Nigeria, Filipinia and Amika.



"Oh..." Nigeria thought a moment "Let me think about it some...Well I do love wandering the immediate area to see everything I can. If the weather is good I might go on over to the next island. I went over to Aurora last year which is where I got this cute pink yukata from."

"Spend it with my darling girlfriend of course" Amika hugged to Filipina who giggled "Hopefully spend time toegher but also with mama here. We were planning to go over to Stillestando today but the weather doesn't seem to be wanting us."

"Well not that I don't want you to have fun going over" Sunplena added "But I am kind of glad by the sudden rain, it's good to have good company here with the three of you. Plus getting to meet Joel here just extra special."

Mervay wrote:Harriet and Athena Freezis
Their route to the Kitan had them get near a kind of a large line for a stand of food, it seemed, exotic and interesting at first glance to the two women, until they noticed how little by little, bits of global culture came to the islands and in this case, in the form of... Pretzels.
They both glanced at each other and giggled as they noticed it, reminding them of those stands in Hoffnung Park back in Sudentor or in Crescend Park in Directus.

"Think we should ask them for the Kitan while we wait for the Pretzels?" Athena asked as she straightened her luggage with her. Her mother doing the same while smiling happily.

"Can't see why not!" Harriet was entirely on board with the idea, after all, pretzels were pretzels. And so they joined the line and while waiting, they decided to talk about life. "So. How are things between Leo and you dear?" And Athena's love life...

"Sweet! I had been spending quite a while talking with him through letters and video calls after I left the Free Lands back a last month an entire month there." She smiled warmly as a slight blush appeared on her face, signalling she did made well use her time there. After returning to work, she got entirely busy in the business and corporate affairs, this being an surprise vacation as she hasn't spent a long time alone with her mother away of the country.

Her mother could only smile and chuckle at her daughter's reaction.

"I'm sure you two will see each other soon, after all, christmas isn't that far off..." The slight smirk of the dark violet haired woman was met with the blushing mess of one of Mervay's most powerful women. Making her laugh at that before Athena gave her a pout, trust evident in their teasing and mannerisms before it died off with a surprise question from the black haired woman.

"You know, I'm surprised that people is still willing to come here after Duchess Villa kind of shoot herself in the foot by kicking the Sultana and almost making everyone fear a war would happen, yet worse being that she broke up with the Princess and gave this show an worse standing..." She groaned slightly at that before sighing. "That scandal was by all means, an complete mess that could been evaded should those two talked before it all went down or broke up, rather than having made themselves gain a bad reputation." She stopped there before looking at her mother nodding at her thoughts, the entire relationship crisis caused more damage than it was expected of an young adult's relationship and of who was dating who or marrying who.

"We can only assume that from what we know, it all came out of sudden and Duchess Villa didn't came witha anything else after almost showing herself as a diplomatic pariah with what she did." Her Mother answered, a slight and angry frown was on her face as she thought of it more before sighing, that blasted letter was the cherry at the top from Marcella Villa before her appearance with the Astarians in London; one ally replaced by another, diplomacy at it's best if seen cynically, even if it was perfectly pragmatic. She should better ask about the hotel before she forgets.

"Ehh my apologies, but by curiosity, does any of you know the way to the Kitan??"

Viveka Aralia Adler
The door closed behind her forcefully again thanks to the wind, the young journalist feared the maid had seen a ghost the moment door closed with such force.
Aralia could only give her an reassuring smile while she looked for rooms, and to her charming luck, there's a free room! She nodded happily at the mention of that, but before she could even answer... The door was forcefully opened again.

"Für die Liebe..." She muttered annoyingly in German before continuing in her head, dear god they should fix that dammed door! The orange eyed young woman turned to see another maid, surely worker of the place that was also annoyed by the door and resigned to get used to it, which made Viveka really think on that at least as a customer she should tell them to fix it.

Of course then it came the greetings and such before the maid went to that other room, not giving her the chance to even respond, at much, she could only nod and smile.

"It's fine, there's nothing to worry about and if you can please do so..." And as such, she followed the maid down the hallway to where her room was, hearing the rumours that this year would be their dark goddess, which to be fair; knowing how it all ended, there's a certain possibility it will be that way.

The moment they got to her room, she looked at it and found that it was quite cozy and comfortable, though it didn't had an window, which was her slight problem, but she will do. Setting her luggage aside, she looked at Origa with an smile and curious look.

"Actually yes, should I sign something confirming I'm booked here or that will be when I leave the hotel, since I plan on staying two weeks here."


Aurora

A decent long line allowed people to que up and wait but thankfully didn't seem to be taking long. With Asahi, Raiha and Ouran eagerly awaiting their turn at the salty doughy confectionery known as a pretzel and plenty others too behind them lined up a couple of tourists from where she honestly didn't know but she did overhear them, first mundanity of every day conversation, talking about a romantic love life....ooh now she was jealous Asahi hadn't yet found her special someone...Rats....Anyway Raiha and Ouran were talking amongst each other about school while Asahi continued eavesdropping, okay now the conversation turned to recent events, because well of course they did but the conversation left a sour taste because well it was pretty critical. You know that feeling you get when you kind of agree but also hate the argument simultaneously? She was feeling that right about now, it's not that she didn't feel it could have been handled better, again Asahi's village was in the shadow of the smoldering remains of the Kyrenaian station and would probably face some setbacks unless someone else moved in, BUT her love of her homeland and still a general respect of the Duchess made an argument between the two. She was nearly building to a simmering rage ready to burst like a storm cloud letting it's wrath out on a tiny boat on the sea but suddenly she was asked something and well her best face went on instead. "Ooh the Kitan huh?" Almost like there was an angel and devil on her shoulder right now, arguing to tell them off or be polite, well with her little sister nearby it was best be polite.

"It's not far from here actually, hope you made your reservation because they usually are booked solid, unless you get lucky. Anyway, it's just down the road here a ways further beyond that crossroads, you really can't miss it. I'd be glad to show you too if you like."

"For a fee! 20 Credits" Raiha butted in with a demand

"Raiha, shush! Don't mind her, she's a goofy little kid, no fee is needed, just me being a good samaritan. Just if you don't mind, my little sis here and friend have their hearts set on a pretzel, hate to lose our spot if you can hold out a bit longer I'll be glad to walk you there."

"Mhm, I was just kidding about the fee, my sis will show you."

Port Schala

"Y-yes ma'am, sign the ledger right here." Origa had the big reservation book under arm with her so Miss Adler could sign it right away. "Delightful and a pleasure do-doing-I mean having you as a g-guest here. Anything more I can do, anything further before I leave you to unpack? Remember we are the Maids of the Lighthouse. Which now that I think about it, it's pretty odd themeing but what do I really know?" She giggled, but yeah who would call their inn lighthouse and have it staffed by young women in French lacy maid outfits? "Origa" Another young lady poked her head in with a fresh batch of clean sheets and blankets "Oh good afternoon and salutations, Ma'am. Fresh blankets from the wash for you. Origa when you're done with your customer, help me with the beds in 15?"

"Yes, I'll be right there."

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads