NATION

PASSWORD

A dinner at the shogun's (MT/OPEN)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Qassadia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 13, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Qassadia » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:16 pm

"Is that what they taught you?" Hinata laughed "someone never taught you how this world works. I have Kojiro-san here to take care of it. True, he is a bit old-fashioned and can be annoying when he complains about me... how he calls it? Excesses? But he at least is a good friend who doesn't use to his advantage. Besides, who with sane senses would be interested in how high the budget is this year?"

For the woman formerly named "Hinata", the only thing sane people did was party. Kojiro wasn't sane; he was idealistic, old-fashioned... yet many times in her life it was this "old-fashioned" man who proven to be the most supportive one.

"Please, even such an idealist as Kojiro-kun is aware of how it works" Hinata continued to laugh. In truth, her opinion of Cassadian princess dropped with every second. She considered her foolish and naive, unsuited to be part of the elite clique known as royals "Religion exists only so that masses would be satisfied. Do you think anyone except Kojiro-san and his couple of friends here takes religion seriously? Even Kojiro-san is aware that rules have to be bent at times. And of course, I am too noble to be made a concubine. That is for women of lower rank.

Hinata sighed:

"[b]Even I knew that when I am born, my duty will be to one day marry.
" Xander wasn't the worst choice around. He was handsome and polite, but there was no real love in this marriage. Of course, thoughts of cheating on him visited Hinata's head multiple times, but she couldn't do it - not under Kojiro's watch "Can you imagine how it is to live in a marriage without love?"

[/b]"

Nunnally shook her head at the words that the Empress had just uttered. It seemed to her that the woman she was speaking to was not the serene, graceful Nifonese Empress that she had heard of, from the stories she had read about the Oriental monarch. Only at that moment, did the Cassadian Princess felt as if her world around her had stopped, her mind pondering over the real meaning under every sentence that was so freely and nonchalantly expressed by a woman whom Nunnally had perceived to be Royalty.

Not anymore.

How can someone be of Royal stock and have such a reprehensibly haughty disposition of her station? The Von Peacekraft queried to herself, at her conscience as she tried to make sense of what Hinata had expressed in her remarks which the young and almost gullible-looking girl found to be most distasteful.

Then it was as if a spark had been stirred within her.

The realization in that fleeting blink of a pause caused her to have an epiphany, one that shook her to the very bottom of her soul and almost shake her worldview, had it not been for the revelations that Lukov let her on from time to time when the subject of Faith, politics and their place in society was raised, one that often included the topic of her place within that very hierarchical framework - the essence of Cassadia's structure that weaved the fabric of Cassadia together, by the metaphysical power of the Orthodox Christian Faith and that of the Monarch who was divinely proclaimed by the Lord to rule over the domain of the Holy Kingdom with the power of the Crown's absolute authority from which all earthly powers derived their authority from, having been delegated with much of the Crown's legal, executive and judicial functions into such institution of governance, from administration to law and order that made Cassadia the country that it was today.

A velvet glove wrapped around the silvery hand of an iron fist.

Nunnally's mind recollected those moments past of Lukov; of hearing his occasional sermons about the meaning of believing in something and all the struggles that it entailed, against one's temporal desires and conscience or the diametrically opposing ideas coming from the principalities and powers of this World. It was the observance and adherence to this compartmentalized belief system, to the Church, the Crown, the moral commandments passed down by the Scripture which the Legatus extolled the eternal struggles against oneself and the secular and unholy forces that the world had to offer - all of which was Satan's domain. Her Bate Lukov, after all, was unimpeachable in his ironclad adherence to the values and ideals of the Legion, was he not?

Was it not in his speeches that Nunnally never really bothered to pay attention to really delve into its subtle commandments that beamed the refrain that those who engage in hypocrisy against the righteousness of the traditional values and moral commandments and worldview upon which the UCNL hedged its very existence upon, did not deserve to retain any role within the religious-monarchist organization in any capacity - ''for the UCNL would deserve to be torn asunder'' if either Lukov or the Central Command Council or the provincial and local lieutenants of the Legion that commanded the admiration and zeal of faithful Legion members, were to become negligent to tolerate those who overlooked and neglected their obligations which the tenements of the organization's holy tenants commanded them to submit without compromise or dissent.

For a Legionnaire was to be humble, honorable, an exemplary paragon of moral obedience to the UCNL's principles and those that were handed down by the Christian faith.

The UCNL over the last decade since the rise of Baron Punchev Lukov as Legatus Augusti of the UCNL would see this politico-paramilitary organization reformed into its current form which was almost unrecognizable from the bloated clay giant of Maidanov's days. A time of stagnation, of malaise that sucked the very life of the Legion by scores of grifters and opportunists that plagued the medium and low ranks of the Legion. Yet that time of easy living, double lives that went against the principles of the Legion would see the end of their careers, upon many of whom would befall a fate that had them eliminated outright, expelled in disgrace, or made to submit their honorable resignation.

It was all part of Lukov's ''ground-up'' overhaul of the Legion through a series of much-needed changes; A few of many of the Baron's reforms to the monarchist organization's structures was swift, even if heavy-handed, in regards to the restructuring of its membership rooster by a standardized formal membership process through which one was to join the UCNL as a Legionnaire by successively climbing through the ranks a three-tier membership system based on merit, skills, and loyalty to the values of the Legion.

Another radical change from the Baron was decentralizing the control of local and provincial UCNL chapters to even with the grassroots support base they cultivated instead of awaiting instructions from above. But what was most glaring was the monetary pie that was the allocation of sums to budgets to the Provincial Commands and Municipal Sections. Previously a black hole that hemorrhaged the Lukov family's multi-billion dollar fortune, private donation money, and membership fees alike. The result of petty graft and embezzlement schemes would prove to be short-lived, however, as the rise of Baron Punchev Lukov as Legatus Augusti put stop to the profligating time of easy days of those who indulged themselves on defrauding the Legion, oftentimes meeting a grizzly end for the crime to which such miscreants had been guilty.

In addition to strengthening mechanisms controlling access to the organization's funds, the only exception to the rule being that it preserved direct financing for budgets of local chapters, with many caveats such as only dispensing funds by the organization's central treasury authority pertaining only for the expenses of full-member salaries and building upkeep and maintenance costs, all the while setting up a grassroots-level oversight on whose only purpose to closely monitor the behavior of fellow Legionnaire members.

Nunnally was but a small child at the time, barely entering puberty. But even then, she remembered the fuss all around her; of Bate Lukov seizing control of the Union of Cassadian Legions after the tragic and dastardly death of his father. Yet, it was in that short time on the heels of this event when curiosity piqued her interest as she watched on TV on the news of the public humiliations of former high-ranking Legion members in high-standing, stripped of all rank and honor, their persons shouted down an angry mob often by their fellow Legionnaires who so often used to be under their command, thrown into trash containers, or absorbing some of what she heard from the muffled discussion by servant staff and in the Imperial Court, talk of ''cultish' honorable resignations.

''... If not. Then, what good is our religion, our morals, our values which hold the very fabric of our motherland together - the same principles can and must be applied for the Legion. For our organization was founded to defend those very same fundamental principles with all its might - if we cannot put our conviction to genuinely keep them close to our heart and observe them with the authenticity and reverence that they deserve. Then verily, our failure shall be as good as assured, for it would stem from these rotten and nefarious practices. Those of hypocrisy that has had so many supposed honorable men from among our ranks to actively go and sin against that which we claim to profess, often with a clear but also equally mindless conscience, that is those misdemeanors, crimes and moral transgressions for which will bring about the death knelt to our holy organization if we continue to refuse to change from these wicked ways and follow the straight and narrow path of righteousness, duty, and humility to our moral commandments, ideology and the Crown that lean upon the teachings of our unblemished Orthodox Church of Christ. This is what we have sworn to preserve not only to the best of our abilities but also with our wealth, lives, and very souls.''

It was admirable. Nunnally lauded the dedication of the man whom he saw not only as a big brother figure but also almost like that of a father.

She was conflicted, yet the guilt in her conscious weighed her down if she was not to express that in which she deeply ascribed great credence to, which the Nifonese Empress had defaced with her stray words and poisonous confession of unbelief.

''I am afraid I have no recourse but to rebuke you on this point, Ren-sama.'' Nunnally declared, in a plain almost neutrally monotonous voice. The once bubbly and talkative girl had etched into a more serious disposition, her tone stern and cold as the World Ocean itself.

''Without faith, our societies would be spiritually and morally impure. They would be hallowed out husks for which the people shall suffer the flames of hellfire if they don't submit to the Word of God.'' Nunnally sonorously said, with a grave tone and expression having stiffened into her disposition,'' In the end, the Lord shall hold us to account to which we all shall answer for, and get our dues accordingly. God knows Ren-sama, the word is wicked evil, and I must confess that I have remained ignorant of it, until recently. But alas, the World is of the Devil to rule and control through the temporal sway of wicked desires through the powers of moral and demonic principalities that control men to do evil — as has been inscribed in Scripture and the written works of the Saints.''

Nunnally continued,'' The World of Man is separate from God and has been so since Adam and Eve were banished from the Lord's Kingdom. But what men who discern to be in the world and choose to harness its power to control the minds and passions of the people and to control entire countries — what they can do; Is baptize them into the Faith and convert them over to the Lord's ways of His teachings. One that can open for the way for the nation to be closer to His Kingdom and attain salvation, even if it is at the cost of their own personal salvation.''

The Cassadian Princess tensed, gulping at the grievous gravity of what her own self was uttering in the way of the Nifonese Royal.

Was it her having a spiritual awakening? Was it because of the realization that even in the world's supposed most upstanding and moral nations who subscribed to one or another denomination of Christianity, were as authentic and genuine in their Christianity as the pagan people of Yulmata? The young girl felt mentally boxed-in at the notion, her conflict with her scrupulous conscience that screamed for the sheltered ignorance in which the princess had sequestered herself from the real world, was beginning to see making dents and cracks in the walls as a more pious voice began to emerge. One whose presence she could only feel at the palace's chapel and her receiving communion and the Eucharist.

Oh, how she was on edge of letting out her emotions and let sorrowful tears cascade her high, soft, and delicate cheeks which Bate Lukov and her older sisters alike loved to pinch when she was but a wee little lady, much to her frustrating pouty protests.

Only now did she understand the wickedly hallow personas that people placed in front of themselves for other people, the same way how one of public standing would make themselves out to be with a deceiving aura of respectability as examples of a moral paragon, a false image, be it as a front one played in front of friends or in the case of Ren-sama, in front of an entire nation - like masks of those in the plays in Ancient Greek and Yulmatan classics.

''Our stations in society which the Lord has blessed or cursed us depending on your perspective - carry heavy responsibilities and duties indeed. We have been raised in luxury all our lives, yet we are deprived of simple incremental freedoms that commoner girls and women have, unlike ourselves who are of Royal stock. I might not have been raised to be a ruler, but my sestrichka once said to me that in order for my country to advance, one has to engage in the unholy profession of intrigue, treachery that is politics.'' The princess paused, picking her next words carefully. Bate Lukov is of the same opinion. The profession of ruling and to dabble into the world of politics is to taint oneself almost irreparably with sin. But if sinning is inevitable, then it at least it should be committed with the intention to protect the country from enemies from within and without, to keep our Christian faith and identity.'' Nunnally said, further adding,'' But that doesn't mean that the Lord grant us a license to philander and sin to our heart's content because our duties deny us the happiness that commoners enjoy simply because of our duties to the nation, to be given in marriage to a person we may never really grow close to or truly love the way a wife would give herself to her husband, and he in kind to his wife.''

As she uttered her words an unending stream of conflicting thoughts played her mind, like she was at war with her own essence as a person, with her young and ignorant self who screamed to be kept in the gleaming ivory tower surrounded by tapestries of beautiful things and naively good people with good standing, even though she knew for a long while from Bate Lukov that there were many wicked people who reviled her because of what she was and represented, the Christian faith, the moral and nominally traditionalist society who kept Faith's teaching and values to truly reflect the society it portrayed itself to the world.

Nunnally stood up from her seat, on which she happened to have been seated right next to the Empress.

''Now if you excuse me Ren-sama. I have a certain matter of emergency that I need to attend to.'' Nunnally said, giving a convenient excuse for a way to be free from the company of this so-called Empress who had been introduced to, much to her displeasure, the Cassadian princess now personally unearthed for herself in her interactions with this vapid woman. Just like that, Nunnally beat tail as she hurried further away from Hinata for good, hopefully for the rest of the evening.

And as she made her way to the Shogun, there was one thought that haggled her mind like a reverberating echo that repeated itself on a loop in the inner sanctum of her mind.

What am I thinking! How could this be - am I becoming like my sister!?

Snip

''That indeed has been true as always Your Highness. It is a shame that there are rulers who are none the more naive or dare I insinuate, are even secretly contemptuous of their country's system, values, or even the significance of faith in society or in decreeing criminalization of innumerable immoralities for which society has proven itself to be so inclined to indulge itself to an unimaginable degree, especially with the excesses that our modern industrial society has made possible -- '' Lukov cut himself, knowing that it would be better to move from the topic he was steering down this conversation,'' Forgive me, Your Highness. In regards to the last part of my statement, it is something that I recalled from this book by Ted Kazinsky that I recently read, but I doubt that a most exalted august person such as yourself would be interested to read. I hope you can excuse this needless gaffe of mine. '' The Baron remarked with a dissuading tone toward the Aureumterran prince.

The Baron looked over his shoulder, towards Kojiro who had already started conversing with other guests that had chosen to show up for the dinner gala.

''I am sure I'll see you around Your Highness. But for now, I think it would be better if you introduce yourself to the Shogun.'' Lukov said to the Aureumterran Prince before rendering a light bow to the Royal and excusing himself from the Royal before setting forth across the choppy sea of people toward the table seat that had been reserved for him. With a slow walk, he swiveled around the groups, pretending to look uninterested as he honed his hearing to overhear what conversations and the topics involved were the others discussing.
Last edited by Qassadia on Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“All men are NOT created equal! Some are born smarter, or more beautiful, or with parents of greater status. Some, by contrast, are born of weak body or mind, or with few, if any, talents. All men are different! Yes, the very existence of man is discriminatory. That’s why there are wars, violence, and unrest.”Emperor Charles (VII) Von Peacecraft

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:44 am

Dorian Corona
Shirokagi Castle

"I understand," Dorian said in reply to Sophia. "To be honest, from the looks of things I suppose it is time to acquaint ourselves with our hosts," he added. "By your leave, I shall follow you and your husband." He noticed the Kangs moving to do the same; he estimated that the old couple would rejoin him in a few moments.
Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:03 pm

{ OOC: I am a friend of Nifon on the official Bell Verse Discord chat room, where he and his clique (myself included) gather. I was given personal permission, by OP, to post this late in the game. }

"I don't know about this, Judgemaster."

Tsar Maven Ottacountry sat on the Throne of TurtleShroom, one of three, with all four of his limbs drawn into his shell. His long, thin neck lifted his beady head and allowed his friend and statesman, Judgemaster Zadok Law, to have a direct view of his doll-like black eyes; their animistic appearance was only betrayed by a bright "spark" of consciousness, the same as any man.

"My Tsar, the Nifonese Empire of New Aeyariss is a natural ally of TurtleShroom, far more than the Teikoku* was. Nifon is a country with Japanese culture who found Christ and drove out sexual depravity literall by fire.. They united and Westernized centuries before others like them and avoided much of the rot that led to the unfortunate Shintoist perils of World War II. That a liberal administration was driven out by a real life equivalent to a Christianized 'Samurai Jack' is icing on the cake."

"Yes, I know these things, and I've heard the rumors about half of this holy, honor-bound warrior's government going to town with the the Oh-rans* in the Red Paper Lantern Districts of Edo. All of them.. At the same time."

"Can you name one government without corruption? When has that stopped us?"

"No, that's not the thing. The Shogun is clearly a great man, and there's no doubt that the Empress is pure and presented like the chrysanthemum her throne is named after. It's what they think of you, sire."

"I know, I know. Abominations. Onis. Demons. The Missionaries of old were unique in their approach to us, an exception, not a rule. There's no doubt that their dealings with chimeras, especially Kitsunes and Nekomimis, are as probably as sickening as ours. If you formed your opinions on all non-humans based on hand lickers**, you'd hate them too."

"Just be safe, okay? Sakamoto's Japanese himself, he'll help you through any niceties. Just be glad we aren't sending General Tecumseh! Do you think radical Christians would be into any secular animes?"

Both laughed uproariously.

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:
The first was Judgemaster Zadok Law. Zadok was one of TurtleShroomer's brightest and wisest legal minds. A well-learned scholar, he was famous for his perfectly calm temperment and his level-headed, slow to anger personality.

TurtleShroom wrote:His High Honor, Zadok Law, was the Judgemaster of TurtleShroom, and he had been for over forty years. Appointed in 1971 to head the Supreme General Court and Congress, he was always considered totally neutral with few exceptions and revered as a centrist politician that never jumped into the fray. (Bias did show in his opinions on the Haizite Sad Days' War, but everyone slips now and then.)
Jurists and scholars overwhelmingly approved of how he carried his branch-spanning job, and indeed, he was considered the model for his office.

He had served for so long that most people never addressed him by name. Most simply called him "Judgemaster". He and the office were one, and those who paid attention to the upper judiciaries had trouble imagining his sobering, level-headed demeanor against the often fiery (and duly elected by the people) colleagues on both the Supreme Court and the Congress.

He was in his sixties now, having grown from a short, plucky young adult to a wizened statesman. As was required of him, Zadok was always wearing his black robe, trimmed in gold at the bottom seams and the sleeves, with its white sash draped over him from his left shoulder to his right hip. An ornate, multi-jewelled, golden pectoral cross hung just below his chest on a heavy, equally golden chain. The cross dated to the 1850s and was considered a very special relic to the judiciary, although Judgemasters throughout the years compared it to wearing a cow around their neck.

In appearance, Zadok was less absurd and more wizened than many of his people. He was shorter than many, at seven foot two, and he had long since become bald, with a silver horseshoe of hair encircling his scalp. His ears were bigger than most TurtleShroomers, and this was a routine joke in political cartoons. He had a center-aligned buck tooth, but it wasn't nearly as bad as many of his people, barely jutting out of his lip. Zadok had long learned that, in international summits, sucking in his lip and obscuring that tooth was very efficient at increasing the respect other world powers saw him as.

He was famously broad-shouldered (think Dick Cheney), but also very scrawny, as was customary of his people. His crimson red eyes were obscured by thick, heavy, and black coke-bottle glasses, without which he was completely blind. The outer edges of the glasses and the temple pieces were embroidered with a fine line of gold, and they rested on his small, pointed nose. He had a curly, handlebar mustache.
Since must every TurtleShroomer needed such extreme spectacles, it was no real difference.

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:{ OOC: Slightly dated. This was from several years ago. }

{ OOC: The Barrister Sober's responsibility is to act as prosecution for drug crimes in front of the Grand Alcoholic Tribunal, as well as to defend the government before the Grand Alcoholic Tribunal when the definition of a drug, constitutionality, etc. are considered. His is one of the only examples of a judicial office where one must actually be a lawyer. }

Lastly was the Barrister Sober, Sakamoto Atshushi. With the February death of the previous occupant, a mushroom, Sakamoto received the position due to his brilliant understanding of and adaptation to TurtleShroomer law. The position of Barrister Sober is actually elected, but the crisis in TS demanded an appointment until an election could be scheduled.

He was the son of immigrants, arriving in TurtleShroom in 2011 AD. Having been placed in law school by the Greater Imperial Japanese Dystopian government from an early age, he graduated shortly before his family escaped the collapsing nation and entered TS.
Sakamoto converted to Christianity in 2012 AD and used his previous expertise in laws concerning banning and cracking down on things undesirable to the regime to benefit TS. Having grown up used to strongmen and merciless dictators, Sakamoto was aggressive in all matters concerning his office, advocating for stiff penalties and even capital punishment for most drug dealers. He was a zealous soldier of the Prohibition and a foremost scholar in both Eastern and Western morality and thought. He was also known for not tolerating laziness or entitlement of any kind, and was one of General Long II's most zealous supporters.

Sakamoto, as his name suggests, was ethnic Japanese Dystopian, hailing from the conquered GEIJD-Chinese coast. Being of mixed Sino-Japanese-GEIJD Vietnamese ancestry, he was fairly dark-skinned, with narrow, slanted eyes and a thick head of black hair, which he preferred to style similarly to Ronald Reagan. Standing about five foot eight, he was the shortest of the group. He had somewhat large ears and a long nose, and spoke with an extremely thick GEIJD accent.

[...]

As was expected of his office, Sakamoto wore the ancient robes of the Barrister Sober, which predated TurtleShroom as a nation and was directly influenced in style by Imperial Russia.

The flight on the small, Air Korena government charter jet was uneventful. Judgemaster Law was focused on that discussion. He took a deep breath and stood up once the plain was parked.

A sexy Korenanese flight attendant, boasting very high heels and a very tight uniform- conforming to TS standards of modesty by not showing cleavage and the skirt covering the whole buttocks -opened the door to where the staircase was. They stepped down and onto Nifonese soil, eager to arrive at the event.

Judgemaster Law and Sober Atsushi, both in their respective regalia, were guided down the halls of the great castle.

Their entry was announced quickly and with little more fanfare than a shout.

"Announcing His High Honor, Judgemaster Zadok Law, Judgemaster of the Congressional Duma Guided By Will of the Lord Jesus,and Judgemaster, Chief Justice of the Imperial Supreme General Court of the Great Bountiful Empire of the United Turtles, Mushrooms, and Men of TurtleShroom."

"Announcing His Temperance, Sober Sakamoto Atshushi, Barrister Sober of the Grand Alcoholic Tribunal, He Who Upholds Teetotalism."

His own Japonic culture influencing him Sakamoto bowed in Eastern custom while Zadok in the TurtleShroomian, Western fashion. That would be followed by a handshake in conversation, but that was not the case here.

"Gentlemen, noble Shogun, Heavenly Sovereign. I am honored to meet y'alls' acquaintance. Ten thousand years!****"

Sakamoto nodded.

{ OOC: I understand basic Japanese honorifics, but this stuff is complex so I tried Google. If I fail OOC-wise in transcribing the manners of address, Sakamoto did not. Going forward, all text spoken in Japanese shall be in pink. }

"Anata No Kotei Heika, Josei Tenno. Oyakata-sama.*** Banzai!****"

Sakamoto's speech was definitely Japanese, but nothing like the Japanese spoken by his hosts. His sounded like the Court Japanese spoken by the Emperors of old mashed into Traditional Chinese, sharing words and grammar between the two. This Frankenstein tongue sounded like two ancient languages, his own and probably China's Tang Dynasty, mixed for a thousand years.

That's because it was exactly what it was. The People's Huangdiist Teikoku of the Sino-Japanese Union, better known as the Greater Imperial Japanese Dystopia, was one insane place. It made this Kirishitan Japan descendant sane in comparison.

Judgemaster Law surveyed the men around him. Most of the people were unrecognizable to him, except.... that little girl with the eyepatch?

Her innocent face was on the cover of every magazine in TurtleShroom during the fiasco of an escaped slave on their way to freedom. Her story was harrowing and gripped the radio waves and televisions around his country. He knew she had been freed, but why was she here?

None of that mattered. The Judgemaster had wanted to meet her for as long as he knew her name. He knelt down his seven-foot two frame and, after resting both knees, he outstretched his monstrous wingspan.

"...Bell?" the Judgemaster spoke as an increasingly large smile spread across his face. "Bell, I never thought I'd see you here! I've always wanted to meet you, little one! Please, come here!"

The Barrister Sober's reaction was the exact opposite of Zadok's excitement. His look was one of fear. At first, it was of a sense of pride in a fellow Oriental culture, as he saw the beautiful Heavenly Sovereign of Nifon in her finest robes. As would be expected of a Japanese-cultured monarch, she was delicate and serene in a well-cultured posture. The fear came when he cast his eyes downward, not to look at the Empress'... vestments, but at a very tiny man who happened to be in the room. A man that looked... way too much like Justin Timberlake. -but it wasn't a celebrity.

At five-foot eight, Sakamoto was still taller than him, but not as much as the giant Judgemaster. The man's depravity was known to any TurtleShroomer in foreign diplomacy, and he had been briefed on him mere days before his assignment. As TurtleShroomers coliqueally referred to the nation of Qassadia as "Satan", no Prince of Darkness was present without his demons, and what ranking demon exceeds Beezulbub. A chill ran down Sakamoto's spine, obscured by his robes, as he whispered one word to himself, confirming the identity of the fun-sized monster in his presence.

Lukov.

* = That is, Oiran, the upper class' trick turner of choice in old Japan.

** = Slur for a Nekomimi, extended to Kitsunes and other chimeras

*** = Google tells me that, respectively, that means "Your Imperial Majesty", "Empress", and the manner of address for the Shogun.

**** = Banzai. Imported from the GEIJD, TurtleShroomers use the phrase "ten thousand years" to mean the same thing for their Tsars and for the exiled Emperor of GEIJD.
Last edited by TURTLESHROOM II on Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jesus loves you and died for you!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
"NOOKULAR" STOCKPILE: 701,033 fission and dropping, 7 fusion.
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

Proctopeo wrote:anarcho-von habsburgism

Lillorainen wrote:"Tengri's balls, [do] boys really never grow up?!"
Nuroblav wrote:On the contrary! Seize the means of ROBOT ARMS!
News ticker (updated 4/6/2024 AD):

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

New Aeyariss
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Aeyariss » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:32 am

OOC: Just to clarify my policy. It is OK in this rp to mention a country having non-humans, but I am asking them to be kept at home, and avoiding mentioning them if possible.
Last edited by New Aeyariss on Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rping in MT (2023) and PT/FanT (1564)

Inyourfaceistan wrote:You didn't know that Cusc is actually a 4-armed cyborg genius commander and skillful warrior created in secret by a cabal of rich capitalist financiers built to lead and army of drones and other renegades against and overbearing socialist regime?
Psalms 144:1 wrote:Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Also known as El Cuscatlan, Jesus will offer you eternal life if you believe in him!

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:12 am

New Aeyariss wrote:OOC: Just to clarify my policy. It is OK in this rp to mention a country having non-humans, but I am asking them to be kept at home, and avoiding mentioning them if possible.

{ OOC: Don't worry! I made sure that no non-humans are present! As I mentioned in my own post, the TurtleShroomers understand Nifon's reluctance to accept non-humans, given their only real experiences with them are the same shared enemy as TurtleShroom: Nekomimis and Kitsunes. This is not the time or the place for culture shock. }
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

The Islamic Caliphate of the Balkans
Envoy

Founded: Jun 04, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Islamic Caliphate of the Balkans » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:53 am

Gonswanza wrote:"Oh, good! Well, first off, what are you offering? As we are hoping to offer AR-416s, rechambered for 7.62x39mm or 7.62x54mmR, being referred to as the AR-739 and AR-754 respectively. Precise, reliable rifles that can hold their own in a shootout with no recoil and a high rate of fire, even if it's limited to semi-auto. But honestly, it's a precision rifle that can hold it's own. Then there's the AR-05 which uses 5x55mm rounds that are capable of defeating conventional body armor out to 10 meters! A strange little thing, but the Gonswanzan industrial complex enables one to receive proper, reliable shipments of both weapons.

Now, on the topic of cars, we can offer the GRS-111, a reliable heavy-duty truck with a rugged chassis and suspension that has impressed even the Americans. Of course, we'd ship them in parts, enabling your country to assemble them and sell them to the local market for a reduced price, over straight-up importing them for a high price that few people would want to pay. Aside from that, they can be used with the military, given one can mount a variety of systems to the chassis and modify the chassis to act as troop transport or dedicated artillery tractors."

There wasn't much to say for minerals, short of the obvious: iron, copper, and zinc ore deposits were rich in Gonswanza, hence, they can export these ores for processing and use overseas at a lower price than the possible competition. Luckily, there were still more guns to go over, but the President had to first get a hint on what the Sultan wanted first. Arms? Ore? Cars? All three? All up for grabs...

I will like to buy a shipment of those cars, for now I am only interesting in buying. Our army needs to renew its motorized fleet. Also, I was wondering if you could do one of them personalized for me.

Gonswanza
Senator

Founded: Aug 13, 2021
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gonswanza » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:06 pm

The Islamic Caliphate of the Balkans wrote:
Gonswanza wrote:"Oh, good! Well, first off, what are you offering? As we are hoping to offer AR-416s, rechambered for 7.62x39mm or 7.62x54mmR, being referred to as the AR-739 and AR-754 respectively. Precise, reliable rifles that can hold their own in a shootout with no recoil and a high rate of fire, even if it's limited to semi-auto. But honestly, it's a precision rifle that can hold it's own. Then there's the AR-05 which uses 5x55mm rounds that are capable of defeating conventional body armor out to 10 meters! A strange little thing, but the Gonswanzan industrial complex enables one to receive proper, reliable shipments of both weapons.

Now, on the topic of cars, we can offer the GRS-111, a reliable heavy-duty truck with a rugged chassis and suspension that has impressed even the Americans. Of course, we'd ship them in parts, enabling your country to assemble them and sell them to the local market for a reduced price, over straight-up importing them for a high price that few people would want to pay. Aside from that, they can be used with the military, given one can mount a variety of systems to the chassis and modify the chassis to act as troop transport or dedicated artillery tractors."

There wasn't much to say for minerals, short of the obvious: iron, copper, and zinc ore deposits were rich in Gonswanza, hence, they can export these ores for processing and use overseas at a lower price than the possible competition. Luckily, there were still more guns to go over, but the President had to first get a hint on what the Sultan wanted first. Arms? Ore? Cars? All three? All up for grabs...

I will like to buy a shipment of those cars, for now I am only interesting in buying. Our army needs to renew its motorized fleet. Also, I was wondering if you could do one of them personalized for me.

A deal as sound as any, even if the smile upon his face was questionable. But like any good salesman, he extends his right hand, tapping away with his left on his phone to sort the export order out. Of course, he was willing to offer a higher class vehicle for the Sultan. It was, after all, an honor to be in his presence.

"For the personal vehicle, may I offer instead an entirely custom, unique model of car? As only one of them exists in the world, being my own. The GLS-01, a luxury car with all the comoddities necessary for business and comfort on the go. Complete with a survivability package, it ensures that any such attack against you and fellow passengers is futile, should it come to that. Leather seats, Gonswanzan gold trim and the finest silk money can buy... Built with you in mind! For all I care, you could even ask for it to have a glass case for guns and our engineers will find a way to get it in there, at no extra cost to you! So, how's that? Consider it as a gift, paired to our trade deal."

Smooth, like a lawyer. No wonder he rose through the ranks to win over the presidency. Cool as a cucumber, never missing a beat.
Praise our glorious leader Laura Ortiz!
Yea, I sell things. Lots of things. KTO Member!
[GNN] Check [hyperlink blocked] for further instructions or [frequency blocked]. /// Finland holds off Russian advance, Baltic sea turned into a "bathtub from hell". /// Strange signals from space, likely a dysfunctional probe /// New body armor rolling off the line, onto Gonswanzan soldiers /// Canada declares war against the US after a bloody coup. /// Japan deploys infantry to Korea, post-unification.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Islamic Caliphate of the Balkans » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:47 pm

Gonswanza wrote:

A deal as sound as any, even if the smile upon his face was questionable. But like any good salesman, he extends his right hand, tapping away with his left on his phone to sort the export order out. Of course, he was willing to offer a higher class vehicle for the Sultan. It was, after all, an honor to be in his presence.

"For the personal vehicle, may I offer instead an entirely custom, unique model of car? As only one of them exists in the world, being my own. The GLS-01, a luxury car with all the comoddities necessary for business and comfort on the go. Complete with a survivability package, it ensures that any such attack against you and fellow passengers is futile, should it come to that. Leather seats, Gonswanzan gold trim and the finest silk money can buy... Built with you in mind! For all I care, you could even ask for it to have a glass case for guns and our engineers will find a way to get it in there, at no extra cost to you! So, how's that? Consider it as a gift, paired to our trade deal."

Smooth, like a lawyer. No wonder he rose through the ranks to win over the presidency. Cool as a cucumber, never missing a beat.

I accept the deal. How much should I pay? I take that only the guns case is a gift.

Gonswanza
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gonswanza » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:06 pm

"Oh no, the vehicle itself, with all the extras as you so wish is the gift, sir! Beyond that, it should be an equivalent of ~$750,000 in total for the vehicles, with an added $15,000 for the mild hassle of shipping. A low price, just to appease our friends overseas. Granted, it can be paid off in any form, but cash or gold is acceptable as a form of payment as well."

A close call for Mawar, but again, he keeps his hand out, offering some closure to the deal. If he can get it sealed, it was as good as gold. Even if it meant Gonswanzans would be running around the factories trying to get the order set in time, with the custom car being an exotic model in itself, exclusive to the caliphate. The trucks would have to be shipped in pieces, to cut back on costs and time, even if they had to be assembled and driven off the docks into the country for sale or use with the military. A small deal, but one that Mawar was willing to sign off on, almost eagerly.
[GNN] Check [hyperlink blocked] for further instructions or [frequency blocked]. /// Finland holds off Russian advance, Baltic sea turned into a "bathtub from hell". /// Strange signals from space, likely a dysfunctional probe /// New body armor rolling off the line, onto Gonswanzan soldiers /// Canada declares war against the US after a bloody coup. /// Japan deploys infantry to Korea, post-unification.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Islamic Caliphate of the Balkans » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:52 am

Gonswanza wrote:"Oh no, the vehicle itself, with all the extras as you so wish is the gift, sir! Beyond that, it should be an equivalent of ~$750,000 in total for the vehicles, with an added $15,000 for the mild hassle of shipping. A low price, just to appease our friends overseas. Granted, it can be paid off in any form, but cash or gold is acceptable as a form of payment as well."

A close call for Mawar, but again, he keeps his hand out, offering some closure to the deal. If he can get it sealed, it was as good as gold. Even if it meant Gonswanzans would be running around the factories trying to get the order set in time, with the custom car being an exotic model in itself, exclusive to the caliphate. The trucks would have to be shipped in pieces, to cut back on costs and time, even if they had to be assembled and driven off the docks into the country for sale or use with the military. A small deal, but one that Mawar was willing to sign off on, almost eagerly.

Everything pleases me. I accept the deal -proceeds to pay.

Gonswanza
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gonswanza » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:00 am

Gonswanza wrote:"Oh no, the vehicle itself, with all the extras as you so wish is the gift, sir! Beyond that, it should be an equivalent of ~$750,000 in total for the vehicles, with an added $15,000 for the mild hassle of shipping. A low price, just to appease our friends overseas. Granted, it can be paid off in any form, but cash or gold is acceptable as a form of payment as well."

With a shake of the hand and a payment wired up, the order was pushed into place. That being said, it seems that Gonswanza was already winning a mild favor, even with an unsteady economic forecast in the future. But it won't hinder the pace of such a deal, as he backs off and allows for others to interact with him. Not once does he question a fellow leader, since it would be plain rude to do so. However, he did wonder what would come of his country should he pile up too many deals to deliver on in a timely manner, with debt building up to threaten his country. But that thought was cast aside by the thought of money and trade building up alliances that can be used to try to push American and Chinese influence out of the Pacific once and for all. Something to put them on a more level playing field with their more immediate neighbor.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Islamic Caliphate of the Balkans » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:10 am

Magnecia wrote:
Here you might have noticed that I've used the word 'you' a lot. Well, it doesn't refers to any particular guest, but to everyone who is reading this :p .

Shirokagi Castle, Ishikawa

A tall handsome man, wearing black formals and an equally black formal sunglass walked into the castle. Oh boy! Doesn't this dude looks too hot to be the President of a country of 300 million inhabitants. After all, look at him man, his athletic figure, his symmetrical beautiful face, his slicked back black hair which are short in the sides. Man, he looks like as if James Bond himself has come out of the silver screens. What comes to your mind when you think of politicians? The picture that comes to our mind is of those drab, senile old dudes with their bald heads and walking sticks and a cunning smile which hide several bitter truths. Yeah, you were right. This guy is too hot to be the President. He isn't the President. This became evident when he takes out a walkie talkie from the left pocket of his pants and whispers something into it. An inaudible replied something from the other side of the walkie talkie, to which the man nodded his head and carefully looked both sides, before replying something back. Now, so unfortunate for you that this guy is just a security personnel. So sad, I am sure you were thinking about flirting with him, had you not known this fact earlier. Heck, you can still try and flirt with him now, but he may not be receptive. It's time for the President to arrive, isn't it? The drab bald old man, with a humped back, walking with a cane which is barely supporting him. No it isn't. No, wait, I mean it is. Well, the thing that I meant is it is indeed the time for the President to arrive, but not for the drab old man. Because the President is even hotter than the security personnel. You are one lucky bitch, aren't you?

A handsome guy, wearing a black formal buttoned up suit and formal pants, entered the palace. He had a small pin of the Magnecian national flag attached to his coat, which indicated who he was. The President of the United Republic of Magnecia. Being the youngest President of the country, he was a man in his early 40s, a handsome man with a stylish brown beard and a smartly done deep brown hair. He was even more handsome than the security personnel whose job was to ensure the complete security of the Head of State of Magnecia. President Rio is a busy man, the second phase of his international tours have just begun and after this visit to Ishikawa, he has to visit Jamesia. He had a lot on his plates and thus if he had to make any progress, like making deals and signing treaties, he has to be smart and fast. Behind President Rio, walked in a young lady. She was Alexandria, the Chief translator for the White House, who knew about 35 languages. After her walked in an old man, Boris Rio, the Chief Advisor to the President, who also happened to be his uncle. After Boris Rio, came another security personnel with a walkie talkie in his hand. Now coming back to you. Look the President is contemplating with whom should he begin the conversation. This might just be your chance. Ah, no, wait. The President is looking at someone. Who can that be? Oh well, it looks she is the wife of the Sultan Caliph of Islamic Balkan States. So sad, you might have missed your chance. But hey he is staying here for sometime, and there's always tomorrow. So you can always try after he has finished.

The President entered at the very moment when the servants announced about the entry of the Sultan. Although he despised the Muslims(yes he is an unashamed racist and white supremacist and is a patron of the rising far-right groups in Magnecia), he had no other option but to engage with the Muslim states. This was because, the Muslim states were located in some of the best geographical areas in the planet, and have everything in their countries from oil to precious minerals and forest products, and Magnecia needed all these products. True, war is an option, and Magnecia can flex it's military might and invade a Muslim state after creating a false WMD scare and forcefully take control of these resources. But then, nowadays the tree hugging hippies and the long haired socialist punks have become a real pain in the ass, especially when a war is declared. So frequent warfare is no longer an option, and stupid and irrelevant things like diplomacy have to be taken into consideration now. President Rio heard the servants announcing the Sultan's entry and also saw Maria introducing the President of Gonswanza to the Sultan of the Islamic Balkan States. He needed to forge a deal with the Sultan about the important minerals from the Balkans, and was also contemplating about signing some sort of deal with Gonswanza regarding iron ore. So this was his best chance. After he noticed Maria stepping aside to give some room to the two Muslim leaders, he walked up to her and smiled before saying: "Hello there madam, it's a pleasure to meet you." partly because he wanted to meet the leaders of Gonswanza and the Islamic Balkan States and partly because Maria was damn hot.

The Sultan Caliph of the Balkans overheard the president of Magnecia and saw that he was talking with his oldest wife. After arriving to the place where both were staying, he just says OUT! to his wife, to which she bows and dissapears from the place.

-First of all, Mr. President, nobody authorized you to look at my wife, she's mine, not yours, she belongs to me, and she wear a veil precisely so that no other male looks at her with desire as you have done. Second, if you did not knew, the Balkans is a region in Europe, and my country is mostly white and slavic, but muslim, so I guess no problem with you being a white supremacist or a far-right person. You despise your religion? Oh, yeah, I also despise yours, but busniess is busniess. Third, I heard you are interested in our minerals, aren't you? Well, it is against the laws of Islam, but being me has its advantages, as I am an absolute monarch, and no one can discuss what I do except Allah (the most powerful, the most compassionate). We can strike a deal with the mineral things but... there are conditions, and not about money. See, I see you really want to...experience my wife, don't you? Well, she can stay with you the nights that we both stay here, BUT, as a condition, I have also noticed Alexandra.... and she is really damn hot too. I want her, permanently, as a slave. If you accept that, we can start to talk about the minerals.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Islamic Caliphate of the Balkans » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:12 am

Gonswanza wrote:

With a shake of the hand and a payment wired up, the order was pushed into place. That being said, it seems that Gonswanza was already winning a mild favor, even with an unsteady economic forecast in the future. But it won't hinder the pace of such a deal, as he backs off and allows for others to interact with him. Not once does he question a fellow leader, since it would be plain rude to do so. However, he did wonder what would come of his country should he pile up too many deals to deliver on in a timely manner, with debt building up to threaten his country. But that thought was cast aside by the thought of money and trade building up alliances that can be used to try to push American and Chinese influence out of the Pacific once and for all. Something to put them on a more level playing field with their more immediate neighbor.

The Sultan smiles and shakes his hand back, and wonders, while talking to Mawar, if both of them can proceed to the opening of embassies.

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:56 pm

Magnecia wrote:So sad, I am sure you were thinking about flirting with him, had you not known this fact earlier. Heck, you can still try and flirt with him now, but he may not be receptive. It's time for the President to arrive, isn't it? The drab bald old man, with a humped back, walking with a cane which is barely supporting him. No it isn't. No, wait, I mean it is. Well, the thing that I meant is it is indeed the time for the President to arrive, but not for the drab old man. Because the President is even hotter than the security personnel. You are one lucky dog, aren't you?

{ OOC: Dude, your writing style is one of the most hilarious I have ever seen on "Nationstates". It may be projecting, it may be ego worship, it may be some sort of fetish, or it may just be pure cheesy fun, but I love your over-the-top self-worship and ego-stroking of your President and your President as the third-person unreliable narrator. Every time I see you talk about your Brad Pitt Presidium, I smile and have a good laugh. Don't stop. Keep it up. }

{ OOC: It makes me with I sent a woman. I can't wait until he hits on the Nifoneese Empress. }
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Islamic Caliphate of the Balkans » Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:08 pm

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:
Magnecia wrote:So sad, I am sure you were thinking about flirting with him, had you not known this fact earlier. Heck, you can still try and flirt with him now, but he may not be receptive. It's time for the President to arrive, isn't it? The drab bald old man, with a humped back, walking with a cane which is barely supporting him. No it isn't. No, wait, I mean it is. Well, the thing that I meant is it is indeed the time for the President to arrive, but not for the drab old man. Because the President is even hotter than the security personnel. You are one lucky dog, aren't you?

{ OOC: Dude, your writing style is one of the most hilarious I have ever seen on "Nationstates". It may be projecting, it may be ego worship, it may be some sort of fetish, or it may just be pure cheesy fun, but I love your over-the-top self-worship and ego-stroking of your President and your President as the third-person unreliable narrator. Every time I see you talk about your Brad Pitt Presidium, I smile and have a good laugh. Don't stop. Keep it up. }

{ OOC: It makes me with I sent a woman. I can't wait until he hits on the Nifoneese Empress. }

The Sultan Caliph asks Turtleshroom if by any chance has seen the president of Magnecia strolling around, because he has to discuse things with him and does not locate him.

Magnecia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 12, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Magnecia » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:40 am

The Islamic Caliphate of the Balkans wrote:The Sultan Caliph of the Balkans overheard the president of Magnecia and saw that he was talking with his oldest wife. After arriving to the place where both were staying, he just says OUT! to his wife, to which she bows and dissapears from the place.

-First of all, Mr. President, nobody authorized you to look at my wife, she's mine, not yours, she belongs to me, and she wear a veil precisely so that no other male looks at her with desire as you have done. Second, if you did not knew, the Balkans is a region in Europe, and my country is mostly white and slavic, but muslim, so I guess no problem with you being a white supremacist or a far-right person. You despise your religion? Oh, yeah, I also despise yours, but busniess is busniess. Third, I heard you are interested in our minerals, aren't you? Well, it is against the laws of Islam, but being me has its advantages, as I am an absolute monarch, and no one can discuss what I do except Allah (the most powerful, the most compassionate). We can strike a deal with the mineral things but... there are conditions, and not about money. See, I see you really want to...experience my wife, don't you? Well, she can stay with you the nights that we both stay here, BUT, as a condition, I have also noticed Alexandra.... and she is really damn hot too. I want her, permanently, as a slave. If you accept that, we can start to talk about the minerals.

President Rio had a plethora of expressions, as the Sultan kept talking in one breath and without stopping. At first he felt a bit insulted because, although it was true that his ultimate intention was to seduce the Sultan's wife, yet the fact can not be denied that he hadn't yet made his move and was just talking with her. Secondly, his expression was one of an amusement, because clearly he could see that the people standing in front of him were white skinned, and he had never for once mentioned anything about them being non-white, so he felt either the Sultan is very drunk or he is genuinely a bit on the crazy side.

But when the Sultan said he can enjoy his wife, the President suddenly had a small surge of excitement. It was a bit hard for him to believe that he had gotten his job done, without spending his energy and time on convincing the women(although he rarely had to spend much energy, women are naturally drawn towards him.). But then when he heard the next demand put forward by the Sultan, he appeared a bit shocked. He had earlier sent away Alexandra when he was trying to flirt with Maria, as it would be super-stupid if he used a translator to flirt with her. No one uses a translator when flirting with someone. I hope even you know this universal fact. But judging by your facial expression, I highly doubt you do, so I would just like to give you a friendly advice. Do not use the bloody translator to express your feelings, when you will be trying to make a move on the President of Magnecia. Nevertheless, when the Sultan began speaking to him in English, he felt no need to call back Alexandra. But now after hearing his remarks, he glanced for one minute towards Alexandra, and then towards the Sultan. Now after the head of state of Islamic Balkan State had finally finished his talking, President Rio remained silent for a moment. He couldn't actually believe that the Sultan would offer him such a weird deal, so after pondering for sometime he finally decided to speak out.

"I wont say that the deal is bad." said President Rio "But you know, Magnecia, unlike your country, is a democracy and I, unlike you, am a democratically elected leader. I just can not take decisions based on my whims and wishes and expect people to not notice. Besides the girl you see there, Alexandra Martins, she is a federal employee. She isn't forced to listen to everything I say, and she has the right to refuse to obey my orders if she can provide logical reasons. In this case, this would be a more than enough. I can not even go towards her and tell her this offer, because if she refuses and somehow leaks that I made such a highly indecent proposal to her and coerced her to become a slave for her lifetime just to fulfil my desires, the media will go on a full scale assault. I'll be impeached and my promising political career will come to an abrupt end." Rio paused for a moment, carefully deciding his next words, before blurting out "It's true that I wish to experience your wife and it is also true that I need the minerals. I highly appreciate your cooperating spirit, but I'm afraid to say that asking Alexandra to become your slave will be a much too high price to pay. I can only request you to come with a more, you know, reasonable proposal. You can enjoy Alexandra, but you need to stay within the limits man. This is way too much."

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:

(OOC: Thanks a lot man, this comment really did made my day. :) Yeah, I wanted to make my post appear cheesy and this was why I made it over- the-top, just to add a tinge of humor to it. Also, it is just a matter of time until the President hits on the Nifoneese Empress, specifically after he has finished negotiating with the Sultan. Cant wait to actually RP with you.)
Last edited by Magnecia on Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
A country inhabited by about 350 million people covering the major part of the continent of Alesdia. A permanent member of UN Security Council. A military superpower with the largest military budget in the world. Member of ICDN.

BREAKING NEWS: Michael Murphy's tweet goes viral. The Magnecian delegation to the Olympics arrive in Electrum. The Magnecian Army expresses it's interest to participate in the joint military excercise of ICDN nations.

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:33 am

The Islamic Caliphate of the Balkans wrote:See, I see you really want to...experience my wife, don't you? Well, she can stay with you the nights that we both stay here, BUT, as a condition, I have also noticed Alexandra.... and she is really hot too. I want her, permanently, as a slave. If you accept that, we can start to talk about the minerals.

{ OOC: The TurtleShroomers entered shortly after President Sex Machine did, so I am under the assumption that, because the TurtleShroomers were at the threshold of the door in the room with the Balkan Sultan, that they overheard the Balkan Sultan's hideous remarks. }

Judgemaster Zadok Law was considered the face of neutrality and statesmanship to the point that people addressed him as "Judgemaster" more than his own name. The poker face and cool demeanor were the tools of his job, but the Balkan Sultan's upper lipped visibly twitched in an innate and involuntary reaction of pure, unrestrained disgust. The handlebar mustache on his lips swayed for a moment as his nose wrinkled. He was glad that Sakamoto didn't hear any of this, or that a TurtleShroomer with less restraint eavesdropped on it.

The Islamic Caliphate of the Balkans wrote:[The Balkan Sultan asked the TurtleShroomers if they had] seen the president of Magnecia strolling around, because he has to discuse things with him and does not locate him.

Struggling to hide his disgust, he turned to face the Balkan Sultan who had spoken to him, his broad-shouldered, skinny, seven-foot frame towered over the normal sized pervert in front of him. He instinctively gripped the heavy pectoral cross of his office with his left hand.

"In all my years as a politician," he hissed, keeping his voice low and not wanting to lose his temper, "I haven't heard anything so dishonorable, so brazenly unbecoming of a ruler, and so... for lack of a better word, Islamic as that dribbling diarhrea that has been deposited out of your avaricious lips, Your Majesty. This is why the only Islam where I come from is the esoteric Ibadi Sufism over in Dare-roo-say-lum. I cannot imagine the torment your sex slaves experience, nor the lusts that have corrupted your soul, and I don't care to do so."

He crossed his arms, raising his eyebrows.

"What I can do, though, is this."

The Judgemaster smirked as a man whose lapel pin clearly denoted his rank in a country of which he had never heard had just finished speaking to the Balkan Sultan. He turned his back to the Sultan to face the Magnecianite head of state.

"Sir-"

Holy crap that man is handsome.

Judgemaster Law, an ethnic TurtleShroomer White, was simply not sexy. Except for his mustache. That mustache was a chick magnet, according to his wife. TurtleShroomer Whites came equally from Anglo-Slavic (specifically Russian) stock, mixed with some of the old aristocrats and landlords of the former Confederate States of America. Anthropologically considered a Slav, he had more in common with the Balkan Sultan's appearance than this man's stunning looks.

He immediately eased his nerves by adjusting his thick cokebottle glasses, a habit he was accustomed to in the many awkward situations that a nation as zany as his homeland brought him.

This was not to mention, unlike the degenerate Sultan h0e had just encountered, this man was almost as tall as him. A few inches separated the seven foot tall Judgemaster from the male model in front of him. Judgemaster Law rubbed the back of his head with his hand, suddenly being all too conscious of the fact that his scalp was bald, save the horseshoe of grey hair on the sides, back, and temples of his head.

Law's reactions were very quick; unless the Fornicator In Chief was really trained in human behavior and body language, none of these quick thoughts, other than rubbing his head and adjusting his glasses, reflected on his poker face. The Judgemaster was a master of concealing his emotions. the Balkan Sultan's grotesque comments were a rare situation where the mask fell off.

"Your Excellency," the Judgemaster opened, discretely noticing both his pin and other elements of his garb. This was a ruler of a country called Magnecia, based on what the palace staff had told him of the guests. Performing the TS custom of a Western bow followed by extending a firm handshake, which was reciprocated however Magnecianite gentleman greeted others.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, sir. I am His High Honor, Judgemaster Zadok Law of the Great Bountiful Empire of the United Turtles, Mushrooms, and Men of TrutleShroom. I am honored to see y'all representing your nation on this fine Oriental evening. Please don't mind the degenerate that just disgraced your wife, savages are as savages are."

"I didn't hear your conversation, sir, but y'all said something about minerals, is that right? You are clearly hear to talk business more than build friendships, and though I was here to make friends and snuggle the Nifonese of Aeyariss, I am authorized to draft proposals and treaties for consideration back home."

"Obviously, I would have to know more about your homeland. Telling the truth about your people's homeland and humoring my requests about national visions and morality will be beneficial to our mutual causes, given that we'll find them out when we take even the most cursory look at your great realm."

"Why this interest, you ask? To be frank, to spite the Balkan Sultan. On the record, for business and international trade."

He winked behind his glasses.

"TurtleShroom has an overabundance of uranium, is a petro-state soaked in bubbling crude- oil, that is, black gold -and boasts a splendid selection of copper, tin, sapphires, and other metals and minerals for your consideration. Our freedom from oppressive burdens on our Captains of Industry and Marxist union thuggery, which we fought and died to preserve until just two years before this year, makes us the ultimate destination for outsourcing, contracting, commercial agriculture, and manufacturing. We can offer you, if you are worthy, nuclear proliferation, a fissile nuclear bomb, and access to the secrets of both the Peaceful Atom and the nuclear secrets of war."

"That's just a sampling of my great homeland's offers. As gentlemen, all I ask, in return, is that you forsake the Balkan Sultan, who dared defame both your wife and the young lady with you today, assuming she's an assistant. He is not worthy of trading with Magnecia."

"Indeed, Your Excellency, would you be interested in discussing this manner in another room over a Coca-Cola and whatever it is you like drinking?"
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter

Gonswanza
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gonswanza » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:42 am

President Mawar just hangs back, watching the show as he is handed a glass of gin and tonic by an aide. Clearly, he was almost amused by the sudden and mild conflict. Yet, as he indulges his thirst, he checks his phone again, almost spitting his drink. It seems China had sent several armed fishing vessels against Gonswanza, only for the navy to intervene and capture them. The servicemen on board, disguised as civilians, were arrested and later cast away into a Gonswanzan prison without bond. But rather than see to their appeals, he just sent back a message that they should instead be set up on death row, for attempting to incite an incursion against Gonswanza. And should China even care for them, they should be free to act directly to extract them.

Playing with the dragon, yes, but then again it wasn't likely that China would be willing to send over commandos to try to save some prisoners who had effectively defected to Gonswanza unless they were intending to assassinate them themselves.
Last edited by Gonswanza on Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Islamic Caliphate of the Balkans » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:03 pm

Magnecia wrote:
The Islamic Caliphate of the Balkans wrote:The Sultan Caliph of the Balkans overheard the president of Magnecia and saw that he was talking with his oldest wife. After arriving to the place where both were staying, he just says OUT! to his wife, to which she bows and dissapears from the place.

President Rio had a plethora of expressions, as the Sultan kept talking in one breath and without stopping. At first he felt a bit insulted because, although it was true that his ultimate intention was to seduce the Sultan's wife, yet the fact can not be denied that he hadn't yet made his move and was just talking with her. Secondly, his expression was one of an amusement, because clearly he could see that the people standing in front of him were white skinned, and he had never for once mentioned anything about them being non-white, so he felt either the Sultan is very drunk or he is genuinely a bit on the crazy side.

But when the Sultan said he can enjoy his wife, the President suddenly had a small surge of excitement. It was a bit hard for him to believe that he had gotten his job done, without spending his energy and time on convincing the women(although he rarely had to spend much energy, women are naturally drawn towards him.). But then when he heard the next demand put forward by the Sultan, he appeared a bit shocked. He had earlier sent away Alexandra when he was trying to flirt with Maria, as it would be super-stupid if he used a translator to flirt with her. No one uses a translator when flirting with someone. I hope even you know this universal fact. But judging by your facial expression, I highly doubt you do, so I would just like to give you a friendly advice. Do not use the bloody translator to express your feelings, when you will be trying to make a move on the President of Magnecia. Nevertheless, when the Sultan began speaking to him in English, he felt no need to call back Alexandra. But now after hearing his remarks, he glanced for one minute towards Alexandra, and then towards the Sultan. Now after the head of state of Islamic Balkan State had finally finished his talking, President Rio remained silent for a moment. He couldn't actually believe that the Sultan would offer him such a weird deal, so after pondering for sometime he finally decided to speak out.

"I wont say that the deal is bad." said President Rio "But you know, Magnecia, unlike your country, is a democracy and I, unlike you, am a democratically elected leader. I just can not take decisions based on my whims and wishes and expect people to not notice. Besides the girl you see there, Alexandra Martins, she is a federal employee. She isn't forced to listen to everything I say, and she has the right to refuse to obey my orders if she can provide logical reasons. In this case, this would be a more than enough. I can not even go towards her and tell her this offer, because if she refuses and somehow leaks that I made such a highly indecent proposal to her and coerced her to become a slave for her lifetime just to fulfil my desires, the media will go on a full scale assault. I'll be impeached and my promising political career will come to an abrupt end." Rio paused for a moment, carefully deciding his next words, before blurting out "It's true that I wish to experience your wife and it is also true that I need the minerals. I highly appreciate your cooperating spirit, but I'm afraid to say that asking Alexandra to become your slave will be a much too high price to pay. I can only request you to come with a more, you know, reasonable proposal. You can enjoy Alexandra, but you need to stay within the limits man. This is way too much."

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:

(OOC: Thanks a lot man, this comment really did made my day. :) Yeah, I wanted to make my post appear cheesy and this was why I made it over- the-top, just to add a tinge of humor to it. Also, it is just a matter of time until the President hits on the Nifoneese Empress, specifically after he has finished negotiating with the Sultan. Cant wait to actually RP with you.)

The Sultan listens to Rio, president of Magnecia, talking, and after he has finished, he informs the President about temporary marriage, which is perfectly allowed in Islam and allows a man to take a temporary wife for the time they both decide, so he proposes the president to give alexandra to him in temporary marriage and discuss the minerals.

He also notifies Maria that she will have to please the president of Magnecia for the time he decides. For one, I will like to have Alexandria for one year, is it OK?

New Aeyariss
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Aeyariss » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:21 pm

Of course, Shogun. Many outside of Europe consider Lauzanne to be quiet and out of the way. Perhaps for the better." Leonid replied, keeping a respectful tone throughout. No doubt sizing me up. Either he knows or he's cottoning on.
"Perhaps you would be interested in the 40th anniversary Independence Day parade? The President would be honoured to have you as a guest."

Leonid had heard someone running towards him, turning at the last moment to see a familiar face running at high speed. He braced for impact, being slightly shifted from his position by the beaming Bell. Leonid smiled ever so slightly as he returned the embrace, before letting her go. Lagunova was watching the whole event with amusement. She had heard rumours the unflappable and mysterious spy had a weakpoint, but to see it with her own eyes...

"I would gladly be" Kojiro smiled "I would be interested to see the newest Lauzanian hardware. Back in my times, we had to relay on Tenrais, Arakawas and Sorins. I still have fond memories of Type 1979. I sunk mine in the mood, and it kept shooting..."

It wasn't any secret that the Nifonese shogun was an special forces officer before his fateful coup against Kazushi's government. In fact, it was a daring rescue of Nifonese hostages in faraway Africa that gave him the public recognition.

And it were those instincts that instantly alarmed the Nifonese shogun of a quickly incoming object. Maki Kojiro spent years living in - one has to admit justified - fear of assasination. Without thinking, he quickly lunged backwards, standing up and extended his hands forward, ready to intercept the incoming attacker. He was about to call the security when the object - which turned to be a young girl set to speak before the Imperial Diet in days - rammed into the person he was talking about.

"My apologies, Lord Kojiro, may I take my leave now?"

The Nifonese shogun calmed down.

"Of course, hope you enjoy the party."

Löndin raised an eyebrow, "We have our own fair share of them too… heretics who accuse the Empire of idolatry, they call themselves the "True Faith Movement." Thankfully we don’t tolerate such attacks on the natural order, either from within or outside our Empire."

He knew of recent events that had brought this movement to the forefront of internal politics, but for him, his only duty was focusing on representing his Emperor here, court shenanigans were best left to aristocrats and others in Potens.

"Heretics..." Kojiro continued. This question was an extremely sensitive one. His faith told him to stand up for his brethern; persecuted under unfair regime which posed as Christian... though his own state wasn't that different.

"May I ask what have those heretics done to disrupt the natural order of Areumterra?" he continued "In greater Nifon, the rule of the party is so absolute that reigious discussions are kept in the churches. Sometimes leaving a group alone means it causes less trouble."

He paused. Nifonese shogun, contrary to what many perceived, wasn't a man without idealism. He had his own believes he was willing to die for. However, he all too well realized that he was not his master. In his eyes, it would never be worth to sacrafice millions of Nifonese soldiers to rescue a small number of his co believers.

"Of course it is not my place to tell how areumterran government conducts it's foreign policy. I am merely voicing my opinion, as Maki Kojiro, not as the Shogun."

He signed in his head. There was little more he could do than voice his opinion. The lord of heaven gave him a task to care for Nifon, not make the world a better place.

His own Japonic culture influencing him Sakamoto bowed in Eastern custom while Zadok in the TurtleShroomian, Western fashion. That would be followed by a handshake in conversation, but that was not the case here.

"Gentlemen, noble Shogun, Heavenly Sovereign. I am honored to meet y'alls' acquaintance. Ten thousand years!****"

Sakamoto nodded.

"Banzai to your excellencies too..." Maki Kojiro raise a glass of... alcoholic beverage.

Kogyokism and western Christianity were... different, despite borrowing from the same source. For Kojiro and his bishop, it was normal that people drank alcohol or went to theatre, which historically was a tool of evangelisation for the poor, too uneducated to read the complex Soji characters.

"I have prepared proper non-alcholic drinks for your excellencies to enjoy. We in Nifon can't exist without sake, but I respect convictions of others."

''Our stations in society which the Lord has blessed or cursed us depending on your perspective - carry heavy responsibilities and duties indeed. We have been raised in luxury all our lives, yet we are deprived of simple incremental freedoms that commoner girls and women have, unlike ourselves who are of Royal stock. I might not have been raised to be a ruler, but my sestrichka once said to me that in order for my country to advance, one has to engage in the unholy profession of intrigue, treachery that is politics.'' The princess paused, picking her next words carefully. Bate Lukov is of the same opinion. The profession of ruling and to dabble into the world of politics is to taint oneself almost irreparably with sin. But if sinning is inevitable, then it at least it should be committed with the intention to protect the country from enemies from within and without, to keep our Christian faith and identity.'' Nunnally said, further adding,'' But that doesn't mean that the Lord grant us a license to philander and sin to our heart's content because our duties deny us the happiness that commoners enjoy simply because of our duties to the nation, to be given in marriage to a person we may never really grow close to or truly love the way a wife would give herself to her husband, and he in kind to his wife.''

As she uttered her words an unending stream of conflicting thoughts played her mind, like she was at war with her own essence as a person, with her young and ignorant self who screamed to be kept in the gleaming ivory tower surrounded by tapestries of beautiful things and naively good people with good standing, even though she knew for a long while from Bate Lukov that there were many wicked people who reviled her because of what she was and represented, the Christian faith, the moral and nominally traditionalist society who kept Faith's teaching and values to truly reflect the society it portrayed itself to the world.

Nunnally stood up from her seat, on which she happened to have been seated right next to the Empress.

''Now if you excuse me Ren-sama. I have a certain matter of emergency that I need to attend to.'' Nunnally said, giving a convenient excuse for a way to be free from the company of this so-called Empress who had been introduced to, much to her displeasure, the Cassadian princess now personally unearthed for herself in her interactions with this vapid woman. Just like that, Nunnally beat tail as she hurried further away from Hinata for good, hopefully for the rest of the evening.

Hinata wasn't a woman to take criticism from anyone but Kojiro-sama lightly.

For all his flaws, boredom and old fashioned morals which he sought to impose on the society, Maki Kojiro was to her like an elder brother. She remembered how a cabal of bankers and corrupt politicians assassinated her uncle and mother, blackmailed her father and kept her in terror through her entire childhood. It was only during the last restoration and when PM Kazushi's head was impaled on the millenium tower that she could finally rest in peace. Kojiro, to her was flawed, but loyal; and he was the only one who got to criticize her.

The empress spent her entire life pampered. Everything was on her command; if she was denied or criticized, she exploded into rage. Keeping this attitude into the adulthood resulted in a monster which proven to be a nightmare to tame.

"AND WHO ARE YOU!?" the empress exploded "THAT YOU DARE TO REBUKE ME! ARE YOU VIRGIN OF ORLEANS?"

The empress continued to fume:

"YOU OBVIOUSLY KNOW NOTHING OF LIFE, WITH ALL DUE RESPECT YOU KNOW EVEN LESS ABOUT THE WORLD! YOU SPEW SUCH DRIVEL WHILE YOUR COUNTRY IS RAN BY PEDOPHILES, AND YOUR OWN SISTER W...."

The empress was about to claim around that Cassadian empress "whores around with her bodyguards", but then a massive arm clamped her shoulder. The man standing behind her was tall and wore a decorated military uniform, with short greying hair.

"Tenno Denka, it is not worth to be so angry" he spoke, calmly.

"BUT SHE INSULTED ME..." screeched the Nifonese empress.

"Tenno Heika I insit..." the man became more form. Finally, not wanting to confront Kojiro's right hand, she let go.

Meanwhile, Andre sat approached the table and introduced himself to the Nifonese Empress, "Good evening, your majesty. I am Andre Åltasson, Imperial Prince of Aureumterra" He gave a deep bow of respect as he had been instructed to do so, and sat himself down at the front of the table. "My big brother sends his regards." He added, referring to the Emperor.

Andre could hear the entire argument and observed Nunally walking away. He then sat next to the Empress and the officer, who now kept her under watch. He and Kojiro eyed themselves from time to time, almost as if they communicated. One could catch strange blinking patterns.

"Good evening to your majesty too, Andre-Oji!" the empress was still trying to lift herself out of the rage "It is a pity your brother couldn't visit us today."
Rping in MT (2023) and PT/FanT (1564)

Inyourfaceistan wrote:You didn't know that Cusc is actually a 4-armed cyborg genius commander and skillful warrior created in secret by a cabal of rich capitalist financiers built to lead and army of drones and other renegades against and overbearing socialist regime?
Psalms 144:1 wrote:Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Also known as El Cuscatlan, Jesus will offer you eternal life if you believe in him!

Gonswanza
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gonswanza » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:35 pm

Watching the empress explode only drove Mawar to laughter, it seems he was enjoying himself, watching the others make fools of themselves while he was a safe distance away. Yet, he half-instinctively holds a hand over his weapon, before letting it go. Perhaps he felt something in the air, or possibly in his drink... But alas, he was safe. Waving off an aide attempting to offer another drink, he instead walks off, musing to himself about other business inquiries. After all, he had a country to run. Or rather, more specifically, a military. Indeed, Gonswanza's military complex was massive, swallowing up vast amounts of funds to keep everything ticking, as weapons were constantly tuned as aircraft scramble almost daily to keep pilots trained and on their toes. In a world where tensions can boil over and lead to the death of man, every second wasted in leisure is a second that could be spent staying alert and prepared for any kind of attack.

"While the show is amusing, I must say... I'd rather be talking business. A shame that it seems only one such country was willing to walk to me for business, that being for cars... Yet, it is, as they'd say, a fine show to see politicians revert back to schoolchildren."

This was directed to nobody in particular, though it sounded more like he was talking to an aide, who then responds in turn.

"Well, sir, I suppose the guests can be quite amusing. But perhaps that could be the drinks talking, rather than themselves."

At least she didn't bother with insults, even as Mawar smugly grinned while reveling in the tense atmosphere. Ah, just like home...

Yegla Islands
Envoy

Founded: Oct 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Yegla Islands » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:49 am

Stojam wrote:Wasn't this just odd? This oligarch coming out of nowhere and behaving like it's a night club instead of a respectable place.

Branimir Milovanovij was a man that had virtually no tact whatsoever, he didn't know how to behave even if the rules of chivarly bit him in his behind.
What was he really trying to achieve with that little opening? Was he trying to get into this noble woman's pants? Was he trying to do some business?
Lord knows what goes on in that twisted mind of his.

He didn't even know himself what was he trying to do... He knew exactly that he won't ever get hooked up with all of these stuck up rich kids around here. But he was bored out of his mind!
No alcohol to his taste, that he was too lazy to try and find, no fitting music, no nothing.
Just... Boredom! He was a thrill seeker at nature, especially around "fun" events. So he had to do at least something to cure that boredom of his, even if it's completely pointless and thankless.
He was acting really reckless for a man who's supposed to be respectable and powerful in his own realm.
But then again... He was used to being untouchable, as evident by the bruisers standing a bit further from him.

He's his own man. He's not a reputable diplomat of any country, he's not a minister of any sort, he's no nobility, he's just a man who took advantage of the capitalist system. Whatever happens here? Only HE takes the blame for it. No one else.
And besides, even if he did... He's used to being able to throw away money at any possible problem. That's how he solved things, and it worked for the most part, especially in his home country, Stojam.
So you can tell this man thought that he was able to get away with everything he does.

"I'm glad you're flattered. It's nice to meet you." Branimir smoothly replied as he heard Anabelle introduce herself.

"I'm Branimir Milovanovij. CEO of Utes Group. I'm glad to make your acquaintance, Miss Liebowitz." Branimir again tried to smooth-talk his way through, trying to sound more mannered than he really is... Just a moment ago he was acting totally different, what was up with this guy?
He also did a sort of half-assed bow, he almost stumbled back but managed to not do so at the last moment. It's amusing to witness how adaptive this fellow is.

"So uhhh.... You managed to do any 'business' so far? Plenty of noble rogues and petty diplomats to go around with. Not you, of course. But you know...." Branimir asked the taller woman as he took a glass of champagne for himself from the table, it seemed to have plenty of those.
Seems like this CEO didn't have a high regard for nobility and politicians, at least by his manner of speech.
Certainly this would be a fun night... A foreign minister and a country bumpkin of a CEO.

Annabelle cocked her head fractionally at his question. Of course, there was a lot to unpack here - the peculiarities of her own situation would have warranted a novel in and of themselves. She gave a mental shrug, and settled for an answer that would at least keep the conversation going; monologuing the man's ear off wasn't going to get her anywhere.

"Not quite yet. I'm afraid I'm just testing the waters - there's only so much information impartial research will give you on any given setting. And I've not had cause to visit or give in-depth appraisal to this particular corner of the world before; nor has the Bureaucracy at large, really."

There was truth to that. The great, lumbering automaton that was "the Bureaucracy at large" cared little as to what was going on here - in line with its rather peculiar lenses on foreign interaction, Nifon and its close neighbors could be quite safely classed as a geopolitical hinterland. Branimir had no way of knowing the specifics, of course - for him to have heard of Annabelle's homeland at all would prove a miracle unto itself. Nevermind considerations of distance - matters of space beyond space, and time beyond time, tangible only to the mad and the... differently-adjusted. All that existed feasibly before him was Annabelle herself, and the words she chose to give him - the duty of painting a suitable image was hers alone. Oh, the woes of the diplomat's craft.

"I was honored by the invitation, of course, but there isn't yet much of anything built up between the nation I represent and... well, any other part in attendance today, I'd wager. Tonight is an opportunity to start changing that."

Honor. A topical word - their hosts certainly seemed to value it. But it was a cultural staple, a concept ingrained in the societal mesh; she knew such things were rarely truly universal. Certainly, they would have their adherents, but positions of power were inevitably taken by innovators. And honor seemed like the prime, binding agent to slowly eat away at. She wondered idly just how many of Nifon's courtiers well and truly believed in what they were preaching. How many greased palms, how many slavering tongues, poised to trample on this holiest of honors at the presentation of a suitable opportunity. The man before her certainly knew nothing of honor, except possibly as a thing to feign. And it had to be said that with Branimir, anyone to fall for that particular ruse would have to be rather fundamentally stupid. But this was mere exploratory mind-fuzz, idle chatter upon the mental canvas. It elucidated, it made for introspectiveness, but it did not lead anywhere. And so it had to be shelved, for the moment.

Within the immaculate, near-neurotically-arranged mindscape that lay behind the soft-spoken words and the delicate face, another gear fell into position. A change in tone, a shift in stance, to more honeyed presentation and a sense of polite curiosity so impeccably faked that it might as well have been real even to Annabelle herself.

"Sadly, my affairs are rather dull, on the whole. So please, do tell me of your Utes group - I'm afraid I know little beyond numbers and dry descriptions. I'm sure you yourself have a far more interesting spin on the matter."
Last edited by Yegla Islands on Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dictator-backed dedication to absolute civil freedoms, ultrabureaucratic pseudo-socialism and heavily-armed neutrality.
Fueled by PMT*/FanT nanopunk schizotech, eldritch red tape and snazzy neo-cold war aesthetics on a broken continent.

✯ Factbooks are currently in the middle of a Big™ Rewrite™, almost everything's out of date and ugly. Don't read them. ✯
This nation uses NS stats. Sort of. In a general kind of way.
*Definitions of "Post", "Modern" and "Technology" may vary

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Islamic Caliphate of the Balkans » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:37 am

Yegla Islands wrote:
Stojam wrote:Wasn't this just odd? This oligarch coming out of nowhere and behaving like it's a night club instead of a respectable place.

Branimir Milovanovij was a man that had virtually no tact whatsoever, he didn't know how to behave even if the rules of chivarly bit him in his behind.
What was he really trying to achieve with that little opening? Was he trying to get into this noble woman's pants? Was he trying to do some business?
Lord knows what goes on in that twisted mind of his.

He didn't even know himself what was he trying to do... He knew exactly that he won't ever get hooked up with all of these stuck up rich kids around here. But he was bored out of his mind!
No alcohol to his taste, that he was too lazy to try and find, no fitting music, no nothing.
Just... Boredom! He was a thrill seeker at nature, especially around "fun" events. So he had to do at least something to cure that boredom of his, even if it's completely pointless and thankless.
He was acting really reckless for a man who's supposed to be respectable and powerful in his own realm.
But then again... He was used to being untouchable, as evident by the bruisers standing a bit further from him.

He's his own man. He's not a reputable diplomat of any country, he's not a minister of any sort, he's no nobility, he's just a man who took advantage of the capitalist system. Whatever happens here? Only HE takes the blame for it. No one else.
And besides, even if he did... He's used to being able to throw away money at any possible problem. That's how he solved things, and it worked for the most part, especially in his home country, Stojam.
So you can tell this man thought that he was able to get away with everything he does.

"I'm glad you're flattered. It's nice to meet you." Branimir smoothly replied as he heard Anabelle introduce herself.

"I'm Branimir Milovanovij. CEO of Utes Group. I'm glad to make your acquaintance, Miss Liebowitz." Branimir again tried to smooth-talk his way through, trying to sound more mannered than he really is... Just a moment ago he was acting totally different, what was up with this guy?
He also did a sort of half-assed bow, he almost stumbled back but managed to not do so at the last moment. It's amusing to witness how adaptive this fellow is.

"So uhhh.... You managed to do any 'business' so far? Plenty of noble rogues and petty diplomats to go around with. Not you, of course. But you know...." Branimir asked the taller woman as he took a glass of champagne for himself from the table, it seemed to have plenty of those.
Seems like this CEO didn't have a high regard for nobility and politicians, at least by his manner of speech.
Certainly this would be a fun night... A foreign minister and a country bumpkin of a CEO.

Annabelle cocked her head fractionally at his question. Of course, there was a lot to unpack here - the peculiarities of her own situation would have warranted a novel in and of themselves. She gave a mental shrug, and settled for an answer that would at least keep the conversation going; monologuing the man's ear off wasn't going to get her anywhere.

"Not quite yet. I'm afraid I'm just testing the waters - there's only so much information impartial research will give you on any given setting. And I've not had cause to visit or give in-depth appraisal to this particular corner of the world before; nor has the Bureaucracy at large, really."

There was truth to that. The great, lumbering automaton that was "the Bureaucracy at large" cared little as to what was going on here - in line with its rather peculiar lenses on foreign interaction, Nifon and its close neighbors could be quite safely classed as a geopolitical hinterland. Branimir had no way of knowing the specifics, of course - for him to have heard of Annabelle's homeland at all would prove a miracle unto itself. Nevermind considerations of distance - matters of space beyond space, and time beyond time, tangible only to the mad and the... differently-adjusted. All that existed feasibly before him was Annabelle herself, and the words she chose to give him - the duty of painting a suitable image was hers alone. Oh, the woes of the diplomat's craft.

"I was honored by the invitation, of course, but there isn't yet much of anything built up between the nation I represent and... well, any other part in attendance today, I'd wager. Tonight is an opportunity to start changing that."

Honor. A topical word - their hosts certainly seemed to value it. But it was a cultural staple, a concept ingrained in the societal mesh; she knew such things were rarely truly universal. Certainly, they would have their adherents, but positions of power were inevitably taken by innovators. And honor seemed like the prime, binding agent to slowly eat away at. She wondered idly just how many of Nifon's courtiers well and truly believed in what they were preaching. How many greased palms, how many slavering tongues, poised to trample on this holiest of honors at the presentation of a suitable opportunity. The man before her certainly knew nothing of honor, except possibly as a thing to feign. And it had to be said that with Branimir, anyone to fall for that particular ruse would have to be rather fundamentally stupid. But this was mere exploratory mind-fuzz, idle chatter upon the mental canvas. It elucidated, it made for introspectiveness, but it did not lead anywhere. And so it had to be shelved, for the moment.

Within the immaculate, near-neurotically-arranged mindscape that lay behind the soft-spoken words and the delicate face, another gear fell into position. A change in tone, a shift in stance, to more honeyed presentation and a sense of polite curiosity so impeccably faked that it might as well have been real even to Annabelle herself.

"Sadly, my affairs are rather dull, on the whole. So please, do tell me of your Utes group - I'm afraid I know little beyond numbers and dry descriptions. I'm sure you yourself have a far more interesting spin on the matter."

Who is Annabelle?

Magnecia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 12, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Magnecia » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:30 am

The Islamic Caliphate of the Balkans wrote:The Sultan listens to Rio, president of Magnecia, talking, and after he has finished, he informs the President about temporary marriage, which is perfectly allowed in Islam and allows a man to take a temporary wife for the time they both decide, so he proposes the president to give alexandra to him in temporary marriage and discuss the minerals.

He also notifies Maria that she will have to please the president of Magnecia for the time he decides. For one, I will like to have Alexandria for one year, is it OK?

Hearing this, President Rio smiled and nodded. His plans were coming true and out of a sudden surge of excitement, he looked at the Sultan's wife and smirked at her, before turning around and walking towards Alexandria. He had a lot to say to her, and he knew that he will have to phrase his speech correctly. He should have the perfect mix of coercion and request in his words. A full on effort to coerce her will make it a high chance of the news leaking to the media, while a full on requesting approach will inevitably lead Alexandria to outright refuse the order. He was thinking all of these when he suddenly noticed his translator turning her back towards him. He closed his eyes for a moment to concentrate and properly arranged the words in his mind. Then he opened his eyes, muttered something to himself and walked up towards her. "Ahem. Alexandria?" he politely said after coming close to her.

"Oh! Y-Yes Your Excellency" she said turning towards her. "I was just having this conversation with this very nice gentleman here and while doing so, I forgot what my duty is, as the President's official translator." Her face had a very innocent and warm smile which stunned the President momentarily.

He forgot what he was about to say, and in stead blurted out: "Why are you smiling Alexandria?"

"That's because this very nice gentleman here, who introduces himself as one of the assistants of a foreign delegate, has been entertaining me for quiet sometime. I must say he is one of the funniest man I've met in a long time. I'm sorry sir for laughing and squandering away my precious time like that instead of helping you." Although she was apologising, her face still looked like a bumbling, young and excited child.

Now this was when President Rio felt a tinge of guilt. Her smiling face reminded him of his very own sister, Katherine's face when she was a young child. He was reminded of his and her childhood days, and he could now realise how terribly selfish he has been. Just for his own enjoyment, he wanted to coerce this young, talented girl into spending time with the drab old man. He was sure that she would be repulsed the very moment she would see the Sultan. President Rio understood that inspite of knowing this very well, he was abusing his power and forcing an young lady into doing something which she was definitely not supposed to, just so he can philander and enjoy himself. Rio was ashamed of himself and was extremely guilt ridden. He understood that if he indeed went ahead with what he was doing, God would never forgive him for his sins.

President Rio's was lost in thoughts, when suddenly Alexandria's voice brought him back to his senses. She said, a bit confused: "Excuse me sir, you still haven't told me how can I help you."

President Rio looked at her, remained awkwardly silent for a few moments, before shaking his head and saying: "Oh no, it's nothing Alexandria. I just came here to check whether everything's fine or not." Saying this he gave her a quick nod, and before she could reply, he turned around and started walking back towards the Sultan. He was determined now to do what's right, refuse that Sultan the deal that he has just agreed earlier. Maria can go to hell, minerals can go to hell. He was ready to sacrifice his lust, but not with sacrificing a young, talented woman for his lust.

As he reached the Sultan, he saw him being engaged in some heated arguments with a tall, bald man. He was a bit amused, because sometime earlier, the Sultan was excited to marry Alexandria and was teaching Maria several things and now the tall man was exchanging heated words with him. Although the President is unaware of what happened, I am definetely sure you do. What I fail to understand is why suddenly the Muslim ruler began asking guests about the whereabouts of the President of Magnecia. Maybe his Ottomanesque libido began kicking in, and he could no longer wait for the President to bring Alexandria with him. Maybe, he himself wanted to directly meet Alexandria and marry her as soon as possible and thus he began strolling around in search of the President. God knows why he did that. But those rude words from the old gentleman might server as his punishment. Nevertheless, now coming back to the story.

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:snip"

As he reached close to the Sultan, he waited for their conversation to end, out of respect for the old man if not the Sultan. But before he could actually talk to the Sultan, the bald man turned around to face him and gave him a smile. "Oh! Looks like this man's related to the pervert Sultan. They do have some similarities in appearance" wondered President Rio, before the man extended his hand. President Rio gladly accepted it and gave it a firm shake and waited for the man to introduce himself. All his misconceptions about the man being related to the ruler of the Balkan States would clearly be rectified as their conversation progressed.

When the man introduced himself and the country he is representing, President Rio tried very hard to suppress a smile. The name of the country, Turtleshroom, not only appeared weird to him, but on hearing it an image of a turtle somehow eating a mushroom formed in his mind which lead to the laughter. But being the professional he was, President suppressed his smile, hoping that the man didn't noticed it, before replying: "No sir, the pleasure's all mine. I am President Rio of Magnecia, and it's an absolute pleasure to meet you." When Judgemaster Law referred to the Sultan as a 'savage', Rio couldn't help but feel very satisfied. He had been holding the same opinion about the Sultan, but he couldn't say or express it to the pervert ruler, purely because of the fact that he was temporarily smitten by the Sultan's wife. He felt an instant connection with Law, because they shared almost the same views. "Oh no, my dear sir, he wasn't actually insulting my wife, but yeah, I do agree with you. These people are an inferior race." he replied.

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:"I didn't hear your conversation, sir, but y'all said something about minerals, is that right? You are clearly hear to talk business more than build friendships, and though I was here to make friends and snuggle the Nifonese of Aeyariss, I am authorized to draft proposals and treaties for consideration back home."

President Rio smiled; "Indeed, it's business that I mean. Being the leader of a country is a bad and tiring job. You've got to be business minded every time and everywhere. But hey, still this is a long festival and it wont hurt to get to know some people, is it. But before that, wouldn't it be nice if we can, you know, learn a bit 'bout our respective countries?"

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:"Obviously, I would have to know more about your homeland. Telling the truth about your people's homeland and humoring my requests about national visions and morality will be beneficial to our mutual causes, given that we'll find them out when we take even the most cursory look at your great realm."

"That is so true, Your Honor. It's really beneficial to know a bit about each other's culture and increase our knowledge about the world we are living in." President Rio, suddenly contemplated something, paused for a moment, before saying slowly something that he had wanted to know since the time he met the bald Judegmaster. He was also careful to speak in a fashion that didn't hurt or offended the man. He said: "It's so nice to meet you and talk business and stuff. But Your Honour, if I maybe so rude as to ask, why it is that you are suddenly so interested in knowing 'bout my country in particular. Don't get it wrong, it's really nice to get to know others and make friends and business deals. I was just asking this out of plain curiosity."

The Judgemaster's reply made him smile. He then patiently listened to everything he said about his country; the mineral deposits they have and how liberal their business policies are, etc. Finally, after hearing the entirety of it, President Rio was convinced that Turtleshroom would be the ideal country to do business with. He knew that a shiny brand new business deal will do wonders for his re-election coming up in 2023. Whatever doubts he had completely vanished when he heard the word 'oil'. That was enough to convince him. He gave a quick smirk towards his advisor-uncle Benedict, who winked back at him, on hearing that Turtleshroom had abundant of oil. He once again barely repressed his laughter when they boasted about nuclear weapons, as he realised that they were unaware of the fact that Magnecia had one of the largest number of nuclear warheads in the world. But he didn't wanted to actually boast about it and rudely interrupt him. After all, oil is at stake here.

Finally he said: "Yeah sure, let's talk 'bout business separately. I've lot to know and confirm and I'm sure you too feel the same way. by the way, I'm not drinking any soft-drinks. I'll have an alcoholic beverage, if that's okay with you.
Last edited by Magnecia on Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
A country inhabited by about 350 million people covering the major part of the continent of Alesdia. A permanent member of UN Security Council. A military superpower with the largest military budget in the world. Member of ICDN.

BREAKING NEWS: Michael Murphy's tweet goes viral. The Magnecian delegation to the Olympics arrive in Electrum. The Magnecian Army expresses it's interest to participate in the joint military excercise of ICDN nations.

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 17, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Selkie » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:22 am

Nolwenn Gluaisrothar of the Tribe of Wexford.
Well, considering that I was not wearing Geansai, it did surprise me a little, that the guy in front of me recognized me as a Selkie right away, but he was at least nice enough to not ask as to why I wasn't wearing Geansai. On the contrary, he introduced himself politely.
I did not know, that Dahoni diplomats were supposed to know the greeting customs of any culture they might encounter and I certainly did not hold it against him. Quite on the contrary, I shook his offered hand.
“Nolwenn Gluaisrothar of the Tribe of Wexford.”, I introduced myself, “But please, Nolly is fine. I represent Gabha Motorworks tonight – saw the huge SUV outside?” I let a beat pass. “Yeah, that's one of ours, a G 23 Starrcailann. Went into serial production this year.”
I gave him a wink.
“If you want, we can certainly arrange for a short spin?”, I offered.

Mona Colaícht of the Tribe of Sligo.
I was silent at Val and the Princess conversed, having waved the comment of a dumb question off – no question was dumb, some answers might be, but that was a different question.
And then the Nifonese Empress lost her bloody shit.
The screeching was audible even for us, the girl, who had caused her to explode was just as visible as the guy, who calmed the woman down with a hand. Poor lass... Qassadian, sure, but getting screeched at was not a nice experience.
I looked at Val and the Princess, and gave a small smile.
“Ladies, I think I'll take a look around the gardens... or the dance hall. Depending on where I end up.” I gave a small shrug. “Anyone want to tag along?”
I really hoped for Val – celebrity admiration was an interesting thing.
I play PT, MT and a bit FT. I am into character-RPs.
My people are called the Selkie, the nation is usually called the Free Lands in MT-settings. Thanks.

Silverport Dockyards Ltd.: Storefront - Catalogue

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates