NATION

PASSWORD

A Debut For a Princess (IC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vanipapel
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanipapel » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:10 pm

Yorichii walked, chin up and head high to assert and compensate for his rather short stature compared to both male and female within the area. He had arrived fashionably late due to a delay and minor accident happening to his carriage as it was apparently caught inbetween some snow and rough terrain. One could stop to question how but individuals as complicated and cantankerous as the Imperial Family weren't to be asked such questions about their shortcomings. He walked in with a thick, dark overcoat accompanied with a winter scarf and alabaster gloved which fiddled around with his rather stiff bow upon his chest. The prince quickly removed his tophat resting on his person and placing them on the arms of a personal advisor of his right behind him, a person of the age of 60 and himself wearing an outfit similar to his imperial highness. The clothing they wore were assimiliated to be rather old-fashion, commonly worn among the late 19th century and early 20th century. It is necessary to understand that the nation of Vanipapel, despite having such a high amount of foriegn spending, has a high sense of isolationism among its citizens and political unions.

His dark, almost voidless hair was slickly combed with the utmost management and high attention to detail one can respectively give to his own hair, yet the prince's locks were tainted by the greyness of stress and sickness. Despite his young age and person, he seemed to have a sense of dignity and pride; a demeanor equivalent to an elderly man whom have never seen a phone before. He had a brash opinion on just about anything, a sense of judgement of that of the people around him and he'd rather have options limited to which only he is able to control. This sense of personality can be due to the fact that Yorichii, despite coming from such an astute family, never understood the warmth of family bonding, nor has he ever experienced or embraced it. Many would say he's cold hearted to even the most graceful smile humanity could offer to him.

Yorichii glanced around the room from the corner of the door, scanning ever crevice within the castle chamber, not ignoring any slight detail that may or may not concern his being.

"What kind of event is this? Even my late great-grandfather didn't have to succumb to anything like this," he grumbled. "Perhaps why the old foreign policy ended."

Once more, he looked over to those accompaning the lady of the topic, Princess Peri whom he did not grow a slight interest in her at all due to the lack of information anyone has informed him of her. Rather, he was put into a box with a few old men, shipped across the sea and into this act of diplomacy in order to reopen foreign policy. Seeing as how many had brought the debute gifts, Yorichii quickly grew perturbed by this sight, quickly turning to his advisor.

"They brought gifts," he quietly exclaimed to his advisor in a small fit of rage. "You of all people could have at least informed me of such a thing!"

"My apologies, your Highness but you must understand that the invitation discussed no such thing of gifts." The prince, attempting to atone to his stress, scoffed in dismay into the direction of the corner, trying to fixate on his thoughts along with a now uncalm mindset.

Kyrenaia
Senator

Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:27 pm

Abetton wrote:The good Prince did give the gentle kiss to her hand which was most appreciated.

"Indeed they are a treasure, Sara really is always on top of things from getting me dressed for tonight to every other little detail"

"All in your service, Your Highness." Sara bowed her head in thanks as she shuffled back a little more to stand behind. "Gifts indeed, I honestly didn't ask for any but I will accept them because people chose to be so generous to me. This necklace is a beautiful work of art that I would like to wear now. Sara if you'll please."

"Certainly, Milady." Sara just as quickly shuffled back to help Peri get the necklace on. "Relay my thanks to your father as well for helping in picking a gift that is so lovely. You both have great thanks from me." She giggled hiding her mouth behind her white glove "I suppose picking gifts for special young women is a task that evades most young men of our age groups does it not? I'm certain even my dear brother would have his issues." The orchestra struck up an easy waltz. "Milord, might you accompany me in this dance?"

[...]

Princess Siham bint-Idris.
Mahmut smiled as his gift found a lot of liking and was even put on directly, bowing his head lightly. He would make sure to tell our Father of that, that his gift had been well-received.
I hoped, that my and Aischa's gifts would find the same lovely home.
And that was, when the orchestra struck up an easy waltz.
And Peri asked Mahmut for the dance.
The young man smiled and bowed his head. "It would be my pleasure.", he said and offered his hand.
I knew, what would happen, she would take the hand, be led to the dance floor and would have a blast dancing with Mahmut. He was an excellent dancer and he was not afraid of showing that. He would be charming and smiling and would only have eyes for her and he would do his very best to not step on her toes (and he would avoid so as if her toes were landmines).
Of course, I could also be wrong.
She could, say, interpret his closeness during the dance as a bit too up-front and sink her knee into his crown jewels or something. Which, while hilarious, would knock my brother out cold.
I still smiled and moved away slightly.
Mahmut was certainly a lucky lad.
RPing in MT and PT.

Abetton
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 05, 2021
Father Knows Best State

Postby Abetton » Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:26 pm

Vanipapel wrote:Yorichii walked, chin up and head high to assert and compensate for his rather short stature compared to both male and female within the area. He had arrived fashionably late due to a delay and minor accident happening to his carriage as it was apparently caught inbetween some snow and rough terrain. One could stop to question how but individuals as complicated and cantankerous as the Imperial Family weren't to be asked such questions about their shortcomings. He walked in with a thick, dark overcoat accompanied with a winter scarf and alabaster gloved which fiddled around with his rather stiff bow upon his chest. The prince quickly removed his tophat resting on his person and placing them on the arms of a personal advisor of his right behind him, a person of the age of 60 and himself wearing an outfit similar to his imperial highness. The clothing they wore were assimiliated to be rather old-fashion, commonly worn among the late 19th century and early 20th century. It is necessary to understand that the nation of Vanipapel, despite having such a high amount of foriegn spending, has a high sense of isolationism among its citizens and political unions.

His dark, almost voidless hair was slickly combed with the utmost management and high attention to detail one can respectively give to his own hair, yet the prince's locks were tainted by the greyness of stress and sickness. Despite his young age and person, he seemed to have a sense of dignity and pride; a demeanor equivalent to an elderly man whom have never seen a phone before. He had a brash opinion on just about anything, a sense of judgement of that of the people around him and he'd rather have options limited to which only he is able to control. This sense of personality can be due to the fact that Yorichii, despite coming from such an astute family, never understood the warmth of family bonding, nor has he ever experienced or embraced it. Many would say he's cold hearted to even the most graceful smile humanity could offer to him.

Yorichii glanced around the room from the corner of the door, scanning ever crevice within the castle chamber, not ignoring any slight detail that may or may not concern his being.

"What kind of event is this? Even my late great-grandfather didn't have to succumb to anything like this," he grumbled. "Perhaps why the old foreign policy ended."

Once more, he looked over to those accompanying the lady of the topic, Princess Peri whom he did not grow a slight interest in her at all due to the lack of information anyone has informed him of her. Rather, he was put into a box with a few old men, shipped across the sea and into this act of diplomacy in order to reopen foreign policy. Seeing as how many had brought the debute gifts, Yorichii quickly grew perturbed by this sight, quickly turning to his advisor.

"They brought gifts," he quietly exclaimed to his advisor in a small fit of rage. "You of all people could have at least informed me of such a thing!"

"My apologies, your Highness but you must understand that the invitation discussed no such thing of gifts." The prince, attempting to atone to his stress, scoffed in dismay into the direction of the corner, trying to fixate on his thoughts along with a now uncalm mindset.

Even if late, it was always welcome to have more guests to celebrate Peri's big evening. A bit of a lull in the evening but still plenty of fun to be had, only bad part about being late was you don't know when your guest of honor might be tied up, which Peri was at the moment with her dance with the young lad from Kyrenaia. But still, plenty of people were around, many fine young ladies, including other members of the royal family. Young Chrysanthe whom had been wandering the floor most of the evening mostly eavesdropping just seeing if she could but in somewhere. Not much luck but oh well, finishing her umpteenth pastry treat she took notice when another guest arrived, with his own entourage like a fair few of the others. She shuffled her way over, a new face, someone else to try her material on. Material? Well whatever, she was just excited to see a new face.

"Good evening." She greeted him with a big smile her her face. "Here to see my sister? Wait of course you are, it's her debut after all!" Silly but a good way to break the ice. "Who might you be? I'm Chrysanthe. I'm her little sister. My big brother is also around here somewhere but eh I seem to lost track of him. Guess it happens when you're little like me."

Kyrenaia wrote:Princess Siham bint-Idris.
Mahmut smiled as his gift found a lot of liking and was even put on directly, bowing his head lightly. He would make sure to tell our Father of that, that his gift had been well-received.
I hoped, that my and Aischa's gifts would find the same lovely home.
And that was, when the orchestra struck up an easy waltz.
And Peri asked Mahmut for the dance.
The young man smiled and bowed his head. "It would be my pleasure.", he said and offered his hand.
I knew, what would happen, she would take the hand, be led to the dance floor and would have a blast dancing with Mahmut. He was an excellent dancer and he was not afraid of showing that. He would be charming and smiling and would only have eyes for her and he would do his very best to not step on her toes (and he would avoid so as if her toes were landmines).
Of course, I could also be wrong.
She could, say, interpret his closeness during the dance as a bit too up-front and sink her knee into his crown jewels or something. Which, while hilarious, would knock my brother out cold.
I still smiled and moved away slightly.
Mahmut was certainly a lucky lad.

"Delightful." She took his hand and would lead out to the ballroom floor. She gave the dance curtsy to her partner and took his hands begining the steps. "This one is my particular favorite, Milord. Waves of Juna it's called. Juna being the Goddess of the Seas. A woman of great voluptuous beauty and certainly an equally noticeable temper when you make her mad. Of course I know you fine folks are quite the mariners yourselves, so not as though I need to tell you the nature of the seas. Written in 1859 admittedly because, well never mind, this is a party not a history class." she giggled. "Nevertheless, it's still a favorite dance number of mine. I'm glad my first dance of the evening is to a song I love and with a strapping man as yourself."

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:01 am

Abetton wrote:[...]

"Delightful." She took his hand and would lead out to the ballroom floor. She gave the dance curtsy to her partner and took his hands begining the steps. "This one is my particular favorite, Milord. Waves of Juna it's called. Juna being the Goddess of the Seas. A woman of great voluptuous beauty and certainly an equally noticeable temper when you make her mad. Of course I know you fine folks are quite the mariners yourselves, so not as though I need to tell you the nature of the seas. Written in 1859 admittedly because, well never mind, this is a party not a history class." she giggled. "Nevertheless, it's still a favorite dance number of mine. I'm glad my first dance of the evening is to a song I love and with a strapping man as yourself."

Prince Mahmut ibn-Idris.
I think, for the dance at least, we should look through my eyes at Peri... and what a beautiful sight they had.
One could guess, that the orchestra would play the favourites of the belle of the ball, though - after all, it was her night and her big debut.
I smiled at her compliment. "And how honoured I am to have your first dance tonight... not to mention, that I find you more beautiful then any goddess could ever be.", I returned in kind, "I would not mind being lectured about history by you either, or being told about the temper of the seas - for one, I am more inclined towards the mountains then towards the ocean, for the other, your voice is like gentle silver bells."
I let a beat pass.
"I could spend hours listening to you.", I said, then got a rogueish smile: "Though, if I retain something is another question..."
RPing in MT and PT.

Abetton
Chargé d'Affaires

Father Knows Best State

Postby Abetton » Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:23 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:Prince Mahmut ibn-Idris.
I think, for the dance at least, we should look through my eyes at Peri... and what a beautiful sight they had.
One could guess, that the orchestra would play the favourites of the belle of the ball, though - after all, it was her night and her big debut.
I smiled at her compliment. "And how honoured I am to have your first dance tonight... not to mention, that I find you more beautiful then any goddess could ever be.", I returned in kind, "I would not mind being lectured about history by you either, or being told about the temper of the seas - for one, I am more inclined towards the mountains then towards the ocean, for the other, your voice is like gentle silver bells."
I let a beat pass.
"I could spend hours listening to you.", I said, then got a rogueish smile: "Though, if I retain something is another question..."

She blushed a little and chuckled "Oh my, Milord you do flatter me but surely I'm not interesting to be listened to for endless hours on end! But I do appreciate the sentiment, it is nice to have someone who wants to listen. You have a question you say? I'm all ears to answer if I can."

The United Anime Kingdoms
Secretary

Founded: Feb 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Anime Kingdoms » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:51 pm

Abetton wrote:"Milords, all of you, it's go great you could make it. I'm delighted to make your acquaintances too, have you been enjoying yourselves this evening?" It seemed the line thinned for a moment which was good, she could take a few extra minutes to speak to the Princes and Dukes before. "I'm eager to learn more about your Empire, maybe even visit in the near future. It will be summer holiday for us soon enough, means I'll have a little spare time as will many classmates of mine."

“Oh, it’s been a fantastic night so far. Like some of our own soirees home. We have been enjoying all of these balls recently. It is the hope of Emperor Edward that alliances can be forged and lineage secured for the empire. Isn’t that right my boy”. Prince Naofumi sighed apathetically.

“Yes, indeed father”.

“Anyway, we are excited that you want to learn more of our vast great empire, as well as visit us. We will be sure that one of our members of our household give you and your classmates a tour someday. If you want to learn more now, perhaps we can talk over some punch?”

Abetton
Chargé d'Affaires

Father Knows Best State

Postby Abetton » Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:30 pm

The United Anime Kingdoms wrote:“Oh, it’s been a fantastic night so far. Like some of our own soirees home. We have been enjoying all of these balls recently. It is the hope of Emperor Edward that alliances can be forged and lineage secured for the empire. Isn’t that right my boy”. Prince Naofumi sighed apathetically.

“Yes, indeed father”.

“Anyway, we are excited that you want to learn more of our vast great empire, as well as visit us. We will be sure that one of our members of our household give you and your classmates a tour someday. If you want to learn more now, perhaps we can talk over some punch?”

"I'd like that, especially later if I get to share a dance too. Come come, let's talk. We also have many delightful home baked sweets prepared by our wonderful kitchen staff! All my picks, well a few of my little sister's too. Even Linely picked a few though he's not quite the glutton us to sisters are when it comes to little cakes and mainlines and the likes. "

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:30 pm

Abetton wrote:She blushed a little and chuckled "Oh my, Milord you do flatter me but surely I'm not interesting to be listened to for endless hours on end! But I do appreciate the sentiment, it is nice to have someone who wants to listen. You have a question you say? I'm all ears to answer if I can."

Prince Mahmut ibn-Idris.
I smiled slightly.
I indeed had a question, but I actually had planned to afe that one for later.
"Word has reached me, that you are apparently an adept horsewoman.", I told her, "I know quite a few ladies, who are also quite fond of equines, most famously of course Princess Aurelia."
If someone can hit a target from the back of a gallopping horse at fourhundred metres it tends to be something, which people are known for... and Aurelia had never been shy to speak of her love for horses, one of her first interviews as a Princess actually being with a horse magazine aimed at young women. But that was neither here nor there.
It would, presumably, be better to not mention Soraya Geal here, though...
"I am also a rider, though no where near Aurelia's level... or presumably yours. But I could not, for the life of me, find out, what breed of horse you are riding and what you are riding him or her for.", I added, "Or even your horse's name. So... my question would be more of a request... please tell me a bit about that mare or stallion and about what you like to do while in the saddle."
RPing in MT and PT.

Sale-Rabat
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 04, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Sale-Rabat » Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:55 pm

The president of the Republic of Sale-Rabat, Don Musa Alkarlus, dressed in an impecable white suit personally tailored for him with gold buttons, descended from the carriage that had brought him and his daughter, Doña Isabel María de Malabo y del Salé, with a small jump, remembering his youth days at school when he did the same after the classes ended, and extended his hand to his daughter.

Isabel looked dashingly beautiful, not only due to her natural beauty but due to the fact that his father had permitted her, for this special ocasion, to dress without the hijab and to temporarily forget modesty.

-My dearest, tomorrow you will not be controlled by religious rules, because this is a public gathering, honouring a young princess making her debut into society, and you know what? There will be a lot of young men looking for a future wife. Naturally, you can't still marry anyone, because you are only 16 years old and only when you are of age (18) you will be authorized to do so. So just shine like the diamond you are.-said Don Musa Al Karlus.

And shine she did, dressed also in white, to combine this colour with the black one of her body, head almost totally shaved, with almost no hair, having that unique beauty that only African women can have when having their hair done in such a way. From her ears, very big, round earrings were hanging, with the pure gold of which they were made shining at the light of the moon and the diamonds with which they were topped holding gold laces with pure pearls on it. The dress had cleavage both at the front and in the back, and a cut left one of her firm, sporty legs to the view of anyone who would look at her.

Taking the arm of his father, the president, she did put on her best smile on her big, red lips, and slowly walked, enjoying how the heads of every male and female in the party turned to her.

When both of them arrived at the ballroom, they were greeted by the maids, and after that, Musa told her: Wait here. I am going to greet the young princess Peri, it is her day after all.

The president went to the stairs were the princess was greeting her guests, and, after bowing to her, he said:

-Milady, you look dashing today, accept my greetings and the ones of my whole nation and let me wish you success in each and everyone of your endeavours. Now, your Highness, would you be so kind to let me kiss your hand?

Meanwhile, Isabel María started to dance, and lots of young boys started to get closer to her. However, none of them seemed to have the valour to ask her for a dance. She had an hypnotic power for seduction, but at the same time it seemed like if all of them feared a NO reply from her.

Phibeta
Envoy

Founded: Nov 02, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Phibeta » Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:51 pm

As the Prince-Consort and the Crown-Princess of The Grand-Kingdom of Phibeta were galavanting in another kingdom, an invitation appeared on Her Majesty’s desk. It would seem that the Abetton princess was going to have her debut. Ah, what great times lie ahead for Princess Peri. Queen Diane certainly remembered having her own debutante ball when she turned 16, and of course, celebrating her own daughter’s debut not so long ago. Of course, it was a perfect time too, to bolster relations with Abetton. Almost two centuries have passed since the scuffle between Phibeta, her empire, and her allies, and Abetton, her empire, and her allies, over Katase sovereignty, of which Phibeta was victorious, humiliating Abetton with reparation costs, decreasing their military and relinquishing territorial claims in the Kirin Mountains. Time has passed and things change. Phibeta no longer controls a large empire, nor the island of Greater Phitannia. The greatest change of all, Phibeta is now friends with Abetton (still friends with Katase though).

Unfortunately, Queen Diane is rather busy with her silver jubilee coming up. But fortunately, she had family members to represent the royal court that is the House of Brisdor and Phibeta. The Queen’s brother, His Highness, Prince Harold William Terrance Brisdor (or just Prince Harold), Duke of Durmstien, has agreed to represent Phibeta and the Court of Queen Diane II at this royal engagement. He brought along his wife, the Duchess of Ilisworth and Viscountess of Shoolmeister, Princess Kathrine von Shoolmeister Brisdor (or Princess Kathrine). Among them was the son, Duke of Cartsburough, Prince Nicholas Alfred Oscar Brisdor, (or Prince Nicholas). They are of the second branch of the main lineage of the House of Brisdor. They are not in line to succeed the throne unless Princess Olivia upon her death as queen or any other unfortunate death with no other heir, they are instated in as the main lineage. However, they still have their role to play within the royal family, as great ambassadors of the House of Phibeta at home and abroad. Sometimes, the grown-up children of the royal family would often go to other kingdoms and marry into the line of succession of a foreign kingdom, securing not only a great future but a step towards even friendlier relations with the foreign kingdom. Prince Nicholas is at the age where he can marry into any household he wishes since the current adult age is 16 years of age.

The royal family arrives in Sauville on their private jet, and after getting their luggage sent to the hotel they would be staying at, they got into their private vehicle heading straight to Castle Liek. Harold was making sure that Kathrine was doing alright. It was just announced that she was 1 month pregnant. There were also rumors too that Queen Diane was preganant.

“Katherine, are you alright?” Harold asked. She simply nodded yes.

“Father, do you know what the royal family of Abetton is like?” Nicholas asks.

“Not that much Nicholas. Sorry” he replies. “But I can tell you now that they aren’t like the ones that ruled Abetton back in the 1860s”.

“What do you mean?”

“Our great great grandfather served as a colonel in the army during the Penensuila Wars of 1861. He had mentioned of how barbaric Queen Beatrix was. But that is probably exaggeration. As far as I’m concern, that is all in the past. Tonight, we continue our friendship with the kingdom”. They continue on their way, eventually arriving at the castle. All dressed out in military dress uniform (Kathrine in a grand ball gown), they make their way inside the castle, the maids greeting them on their arrival, as well as the head butler.
Queen Diane II
Prime Minister Douglas Sousa
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Robert Bishop
The Grand Kingdom of Phibeta
Conquérants Du Monde
National Anthem: Land of Hope and Glory
Capitol: Weston
Headlines: Her Majesty, Queen Diane II Gives Birth | Phibetan Parliament Discuss Current Crisis In Northumbria | Mueseum of Phibetan History Opens New Exhibit On Dark Colonial Past

Sale-Rabat
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sale-Rabat » Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:38 pm

Phibeta wrote:As the Prince-Consort and the Crown-Princess of The Grand-Kingdom of Phibeta were galavanting in another kingdom, an invitation appeared on Her Majesty’s desk. It would seem that the Abetton princess was going to have her debut. Ah, what great times lie ahead for Princess Peri. Queen Diane certainly remembered having her own debutante ball when she turned 16, and of course, celebrating her own daughter’s debut not so long ago. Of course, it was a perfect time too, to bolster relations with Abetton. Almost two centuries have passed since the scuffle between Phibeta, her empire, and her allies, and Abetton, her empire, and her allies, over Katase sovereignty, of which Phibeta was victorious, humiliating Abetton with reparation costs, decreasing their military and relinquishing territorial claims in the Kirin Mountains. Time has passed and things change. Phibeta no longer controls a large empire, nor the island of Greater Phitannia. The greatest change of all, Phibeta is now friends with Abetton (still friends with Katase though).

Unfortunately, Queen Diane is rather busy with her silver jubilee coming up. But fortunately, she had family members to represent the royal court that is the House of Brisdor and Phibeta. The Queen’s brother, His Highness, Prince Harold William Terrance Brisdor (or just Prince Harold), Duke of Durmstien, has agreed to represent Phibeta and the Court of Queen Diane II at this royal engagement. He brought along his wife, the Duchess of Ilisworth and Viscountess of Shoolmeister, Princess Kathrine von Shoolmeister Brisdor (or Princess Kathrine). Among them was the son, Duke of Cartsburough, Prince Nicholas Alfred Oscar Brisdor, (or Prince Nicholas). They are of the second branch of the main lineage of the House of Brisdor. They are not in line to succeed the throne unless Princess Olivia upon her death as queen or any other unfortunate death with no other heir, they are instated in as the main lineage. However, they still have their role to play within the royal family, as great ambassadors of the House of Phibeta at home and abroad. Sometimes, the grown-up children of the royal family would often go to other kingdoms and marry into the line of succession of a foreign kingdom, securing not only a great future but a step towards even friendlier relations with the foreign kingdom. Prince Nicholas is at the age where he can marry into any household he wishes since the current adult age is 16 years of age.

The royal family arrives in Sauville on their private jet, and after getting their luggage sent to the hotel they would be staying at, they got into their private vehicle heading straight to Castle Liek. Harold was making sure that Kathrine was doing alright. It was just announced that she was 1 month pregnant. There were also rumors too that Queen Diane was preganant.

“Not that much Nicholas. Sorry” he replies. “But I can tell you now that they aren’t like the ones that ruled Abetton back in the 1860s”.

“What do you mean?”

“Our great great grandfather served as a colonel in the army during the Penensuila Wars of 1861. He had mentioned of how barbaric Queen Beatrix was. But that is probably exaggeration. As far as I’m concern, that is all in the past. Tonight, we continue our friendship with the kingdom”. They continue on their way, eventually arriving at the castle. All dressed out in military dress uniform (Kathrine in a grand ball gown), they make their way inside the castle, the maids greeting them on their arrival, as well as the head butler.

As they go to the ballroom, suddenly Isabel María stops dancing and fixes her black eyes into the young royal of Phibeta, prince Nicholas.

Abetton
Chargé d'Affaires

Father Knows Best State

Postby Abetton » Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:17 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:
Prince Mahmut ibn-Idris.
I smiled slightly.
I indeed had a question, but I actually had planned to afe that one for later.
"Word has reached me, that you are apparently an adept horsewoman.", I told her, "I know quite a few ladies, who are also quite fond of equines, most famously of course Princess Aurelia."
If someone can hit a target from the back of a gallopping horse at fourhundred metres it tends to be something, which people are known for... and Aurelia had never been shy to speak of her love for horses, one of her first interviews as a Princess actually being with a horse magazine aimed at young women. But that was neither here nor there.
It would, presumably, be better to not mention Soraya Geal here, though...
"I am also a rider, though no where near Aurelia's level... or presumably yours. But I could not, for the life of me, find out, what breed of horse you are riding and what you are riding him or her for.", I added, "Or even your horse's name. So... my question would be more of a request... please tell me a bit about that mare or stallion and about what you like to do while in the saddle."

"I have heard of the Princess Aurelia, indeed and of her talents with horses. My darling companion is a Lipizzan which are usually but not always, a grey-white color. She is indeed that color though and her name is Snowy because of her beautiful white coat. I ride her just about every day, most of the time I'm doing a gentle stroll about the castle grounds, other times I'm working on equestrian sporting activities, your usual what you see, running, jumping and dressage. When I have time away from school and other Princessly things, I get to go out to the open plains and just do a full gallop, or I do the foxhunts up in the nearby mountains. I don't do the more wild tricks, like vaulting, though my mother did when she was my age and my cousin Charlotte does as well. My teachers say I still need more practice and instruction before I try that. I imagine if this were the middle ages, I'd probably try jousting, I'm adventurous like that."

Sale-Rabat wrote:The president of the Republic of Sale-Rabat, Don Musa Alkarlus, dressed in an impecable white suit personally tailored for him with gold buttons, descended from the carriage that had brought him and his daughter, Doña Isabel María de Malabo y del Salé, with a small jump, remembering his youth days at school when he did the same after the classes ended, and extended his hand to his daughter.

Isabel looked dashingly beautiful, not only due to her natural beauty but due to the fact that his father had permitted her, for this special ocasion, to dress without the hijab and to temporarily forget modesty.

-My dearest, tomorrow you will not be controlled by religious rules, because this is a public gathering, honouring a young princess making her debut into society, and you know what? There will be a lot of young men looking for a future wife. Naturally, you can't still marry anyone, because you are only 16 years old and only when you are of age (18) you will be authorized to do so. So just shine like the diamond you are.-said Don Musa Al Karlus.

And shine she did, dressed also in white, to combine this colour with the black one of her body, head almost totally shaved, with almost no hair, having that unique beauty that only African women can have when having their hair done in such a way. From her ears, very big, round earrings were hanging, with the pure gold of which they were made shining at the light of the moon and the diamonds with which they were topped holding gold laces with pure pearls on it. The dress had cleavage both at the front and in the back, and a cut left one of her firm, sporty legs to the view of anyone who would look at her.

Taking the arm of his father, the president, she did put on her best smile on her big, red lips, and slowly walked, enjoying how the heads of every male and female in the party turned to her.

When both of them arrived at the ballroom, they were greeted by the maids, and after that, Musa told her: Wait here. I am going to greet the young princess Peri, it is her day after all.

The president went to the stairs were the princess was greeting her guests, and, after bowing to her, he said:

-Milady, you look dashing today, accept my greetings and the ones of my whole nation and let me wish you success in each and everyone of your endeavours. Now, your Highness, would you be so kind to let me kiss your hand?

Meanwhile, Isabel María started to dance, and lots of young boys started to get closer to her. However, none of them seemed to have the valour to ask her for a dance. She had an hypnotic power for seduction, but at the same time it seemed like if all of them feared a NO reply from her.

Every moment Peri felt like her time standing was coming to an end it seemed more guests kept arriving, well oh well, part of the gig here. Next up to come and greet her, The President of a nation Abetton didn't have familiar ties with, yet, that could always change in the future. Peri offered out her hand "Thank you for coming, and your compliments are very flattering, Your Excellency."

Phibeta wrote:The royal family arrives in Sauville on their private jet, and after getting their luggage sent to the hotel they would be staying at, they got into their private vehicle heading straight to Castle Liek. Harold was making sure that Kathrine was doing alright. It was just announced that she was 1 month pregnant. There were also rumors too that Queen Diane was preganant.

“What do you mean?”

Phibeta, two centuries ago these nations were enemies on the battlefields of imperial ambition. Abetton still practiced slavery then and had set its sights on its neighbor Katase to continue to expand its kingdom, hopes it would dominate the southern continent of Greater Dienstad. But now, Abetton was pacified, slavery ended, segregation ended and all was right in the world. The current Royal Family descended from various splits in the bloodline of the notorious Queen Beatrix so their relations were pretty distant now. In fact, this wasn't even the same castle that the negotiations to prevent war and eventually surrender tookplace. That was Castle Sauville, now a tourist attraction in the heart of Sauville City. Times change and sure, some may still long for the glory days of Abetton's "glory" but most were pretty apathetic about it now. "Good evening" The Butler greeted, "Her Royal Highness has just arrived, make your greetings if you will."

"Milady, Prince-Consort and the Crown-Princess of The Grand-Kingdom of Phibeta " her maid whispered into her ear. Her Maid had been a lifesaver so many times tonight, so much to keep up with, so many nations and heads of state and government. "Your Royal Highness's." Peri greeted, "Good evening to you, and welcome to my Debut. I'm so delighted you could make it." She curtsied a little, fellow Monarchs should be able to stand equal but still respectful, royal etiquette deemed never a full bow but a polite curtsy for a girl and a half-bow for a boy.

Polish Prussian Commonwealth
Senator

Founded: Oct 30, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Polish Prussian Commonwealth » Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:37 pm

Sale-Rabat wrote:Taking the arm of his father, the president, she did put on her best smile on her big, red lips, and slowly walked, enjoying how the heads of every male and female in the party turned to her.

Kyrenaia wrote:Ida Findehoof.
I saw, that the topic of Afghanistan was hurting him - if it were in my power, I would glass the entire place for hurting him, but as it was not in my power...
"Thank you.", I said at the compliment about my Polish, "I actually already got the idea out, but... my first assignment, I was told, would be the Free Lands. The Consulate in Ironcastle." I gave a sad shrug. "With me being a Half-Selkie and knowing the country, it is only logical, but... I would love to go to Poland, if not as an Ambassador, then as your friend."

Berengar
They were in the garden, well away from the newcomers, but even if Ida's head turned, Berengar's never would have.
Before him was a lady -- not a whore, nor some gold-digger, but a young woman, keen of mind, sharp of tongue, and soft of heart, worthy of every accolade in the world, and certainly of a higher caliber than some Eastern harlot with an inordinate -- perhaps, even criminal -- interest in young boys.

"My family and I would be glad to have you over, Ida." Berengar replied. "I think Pap would like you especially."

Mariana and Sophia
Mariana and Sophia's faces turned, sure, but neither were particularly impressed by what they saw.
"Hoy, Sophia, you see that tart?" Mariana grunted as she pulled out a box of chocolate cigarettes. "Wonder how much that old fuck's paid for her."

"Oh, don't say that!" Sophia replied. "You never know what she could be going through. Choccy cigarette?"

"You got it, pal." Mariana flipped open the box and tossed Sophia one. "Enjoy."

"Grazie." Sophia began to chew on the cigar, humming as she did so. "Mmh. Good stuff."

"Aye, aye. Say, though -- you didn't say I was wrong." Mariana smiled.

"I did not." Sophia replied, as she finished off her chocolate cigarette. She gave Mariana a smile of her own and a wink.
"Then I take it that we are agreed?" Mariana replied, offering her arm. "And, shall we greet our host?"
"Perhaps, perhaps not!" Sophia chortled, linking her arm with her "cousin"'s. "And yes, we shall."

With that the two teenagers approached the Princess Peri -- smack dab behind a certain President. No matter; they didn't give a toss for him, his rank, or his trophy-escort nonce of a daughter. They had seen far, far worse in their time.
Last edited by Polish Prussian Commonwealth on Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Furthermore, I submit that Carthage NSG must be destroyed." t. Marcus Porcius Cato

IC name is "Blauveldt-Ryszana".

A traumatized, but recovering, MT-Early PMT/FanT constitutional monarchy consisting of a personal and constitutional union of two Realms. Features: near-universal gun ownership, governmental dysfunction, terrified Christinaslander Air National Guard personnel counting down the days until they rotate back home, and an eternal standoff with the last of it's former oppressors.

Phibeta
Envoy

Founded: Nov 02, 2021

Postby Phibeta » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:55 pm

Sale-Rabat wrote:
As they go to the ballroom, suddenly Isabel María stops dancing and fixes her black eyes into the young royal of Phibeta, prince Nicholas.

As they entered the castle, Prince Nicholas eyed himself towards the ballroom, watching the dancing from afar. It would seem a young lady from The Republic of Sale-Rabat has gotten the young prince’s eye. He looks back, waving a polite hello. He might speak with the young lady later, but in the meantime…

Abetton wrote:Phibeta, two centuries ago these nations were enemies on the battlefields of imperial ambition. Abetton still practiced slavery then and had set its sights on its neighbor Katase to continue to expand its kingdom, hopes it would dominate the southern continent of Greater Dienstad. But now, Abetton was pacified, slavery ended, segregation ended and all was right in the world. The current Royal Family descended from various splits in the bloodline of the notorious Queen Beatrix so their relations were pretty distant now. In fact, this wasn't even the same castle that the negotiations to prevent war and eventually surrender tookplace. That was Castle Sauville, now a tourist attraction in the heart of Sauville City. Times change and sure, some may still long for the glory days of Abetton's "glory" but most were pretty apathetic about it now. "Good evening" The Butler greeted, "Her Royal Highness has just arrived, make your greetings if you will."

"Milady, Prince-Consort and the Crown-Princess of The Grand-Kingdom of Phibeta " her maid whispered into her ear. Her Maid had been a lifesaver so many times tonight, so much to keep up with, so many nations and heads of state and government. "Your Royal Highness's." Peri greeted, "Good evening to you, and welcome to my Debut. I'm so delighted you could make it." She curtsied a little, fellow Monarchs should be able to stand equal but still respectful, royal etiquette deemed never a full bow but a polite curtsy for a girl and a half-bow for a boy.

The royal family from Phibeta half-bowed (in Kathrine’s case, a curtesy) in return. Fellow royals being respectful after all. One of the last remnants of constitutional monarchy in the region when many have adopted republics and dictatorships.

“Greetings Your Royal Highness. I am Prince Harold. Duke of Durmstien, and younger brother of Her Majesty, Queen Diane. This here is my wife, Princess Katherine, Duchess of Ilisworth” The princess nodded and waved hello. “And this young gentleman here is my son. Prince Nicholas, the Duke of Cartsburough”.

“Hello, it is very nice to meet you. Thank you for inviting us to your kingdom”.
Queen Diane II
Prime Minister Douglas Sousa
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Robert Bishop
The Grand Kingdom of Phibeta
Conquérants Du Monde
National Anthem: Land of Hope and Glory
Capitol: Weston
Headlines: Her Majesty, Queen Diane II Gives Birth | Phibetan Parliament Discuss Current Crisis In Northumbria | Mueseum of Phibetan History Opens New Exhibit On Dark Colonial Past

Sale-Rabat
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sale-Rabat » Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:28 am

Phibeta wrote:
Sale-Rabat wrote:

As they entered the castle, Prince Nicholas eyed himself towards the ballroom, watching the dancing from afar. It would seem a young lady from The Republic of Sale-Rabat has gotten the young prince’s eye. He looks back, waving a polite hello. He might speak with the young lady later, but in the meantime…

Abetton wrote:Phibeta, two centuries ago these nations were enemies on the battlefields of imperial ambition. Abetton still practiced slavery then and had set its sights on its neighbor Katase to continue to expand its kingdom, hopes it would dominate the southern continent of Greater Dienstad. But now, Abetton was pacified, slavery ended, segregation ended and all was right in the world. The current Royal Family descended from various splits in the bloodline of the notorious Queen Beatrix so their relations were pretty distant now. In fact, this wasn't even the same castle that the negotiations to prevent war and eventually surrender tookplace. That was Castle Sauville, now a tourist attraction in the heart of Sauville City. Times change and sure, some may still long for the glory days of Abetton's "glory" but most were pretty apathetic about it now. "Good evening" The Butler greeted, "Her Royal Highness has just arrived, make your greetings if you will."

The royal family from Phibeta half-bowed (in Kathrine’s case, a curtesy) in return. Fellow royals being respectful after all. One of the last remnants of constitutional monarchy in the region when many have adopted republics and dictatorships.

“Greetings Your Royal Highness. I am Prince Harold. Duke of Durmstien, and younger brother of Her Majesty, Queen Diane. This here is my wife, Princess Katherine, Duchess of Ilisworth” The princess nodded and waved hello. “And this young gentleman here is my son. Prince Nicholas, the Duke of Cartsburough”.

“Hello, it is very nice to meet you. Thank you for inviting us to your kingdom”.

Seeing that she finally had got the eye of the young prince, she approached him, and, saying sorry, said: -Uh, maybe I was getting too much attention, like, this is a formal event, I promise to behave myself better and not do certain things, I mean, to be more formal. But enough about me, she said, let's sit on a table and tell me about you. However, after we do that, will you please offer your hand for this lady to dance with you? Said Isabel María. Meanwhile, the president, asks her highness princess Peri where he could discuss the establishment of diplomatic relationships and mutual embassies, or better said, with who. -Shall I discuss it with you, milady? Should I talk with your ministers? Your father?
Last edited by Sale-Rabat on Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:48 am

Sale-Rabat wrote:The president of the Republic of Sale-Rabat, Don Musa Alkarlus, dressed in an impecable white suit personally tailored for him with gold buttons, descended from the carriage that had brought him and his daughter, Doña Isabel María de Malabo y del Salé, with a small jump, remembering his youth days at school when he did the same after the classes ended, and extended his hand to his daughter.

Eyk, Waldburgmann zu Lattenzaun.
I was in pleasant conversation with Princess Aischa, about music and forests and animals, when Aischa, right in the middle of my sentence, giggled. I stopped as I had explained something about a piano sonata by a Kyrenaian composer, which I knew by heart, and looked at her.
"Don't worry, it's not about you.", she said, "Try to act natural as you look in the direction of your... seven o'clock."
I nodded and joined her side, as if to show her a special finger loosening exercise, she picking up my ruse as I glanced up from where her hands (these beautiful, silken hands with the beautifully long fingers) were imitating my moves.
Whoever that guy was, he seemed to be quite happy to go on walkies with... his daughter, I'd guess. She looked nice, admittedly, a bit too exotic for my tastes, but however nice she looked, her father made it all for naught. He looked, simply put, stupid. Like a donkey dressed up and sent down into the fray.
She, while some might call her a tart or worse, could not be held accountable for her father's shortcomings. She had her own, after all, especially when such things as personal tastes came into consideration (for starters, I liked women with long hair more then the ones with clean shaves).
"She looks a bit as if she is not used to dressing so lavishly.", Aischa whispered to me with a grin, "At least to me."
I shrugged, then refocussed onto her hands, took one of them. I smiled at the Kyrenaian Princess, a bit shakily, admittedly.
"Would you grant me the honour of a Dance, Princess Aischa?", I asked.
She paused for a moment, then linked her arm with mine. "It would be my pleasure. And after that, we can see, if we can't get a piano somewhere."
I smiled.

Abetton wrote:"I have heard of the Princess Aurelia, indeed and of her talents with horses. My darling companion is a Lipizzan which are usually but not always, a grey-white color. She is indeed that color though and her name is Snowy because of her beautiful white coat. I ride her just about every day, most of the time I'm doing a gentle stroll about the castle grounds, other times I'm working on equestrian sporting activities, your usual what you see, running, jumping and dressage. When I have time away from school and other Princessly things, I get to go out to the open plains and just do a full gallop, or I do the foxhunts up in the nearby mountains. I don't do the more wild tricks, like vaulting, though my mother did when she was my age and my cousin Charlotte does as well. My teachers say I still need more practice and instruction before I try that. I imagine if this were the middle ages, I'd probably try jousting, I'm adventurous like that."

[...]

Prince Mahmut ibn-Idris.
I smiled - deaf people have heard of Princess Aurelia's skills in the saddle.
A grey-white Lipizzan named Snowy - Peri seemed to love that horse very dearly, by how she enthusiastically talked about how she spent time with him, what she did, what she would love to do... admittedly, my understanding of horse breeds was limited to Kyrenaian and some Selkie breeds, but it sounded, as if Snowy was a bit of an all-rounder.
"It sounds like you love spending time in the saddle.", I said with a grin, "You remind me a bit of my sister Siham... before she got acquainted with the Lasite Terror, that is."
I smiled at that particular memory.
I did not notice Isabel or her father, I was far too much captivated by the beautiful Princess I was dancing with to notice any other woman.

Polish Prussian Commonwealth wrote:
Sale-Rabat wrote:Taking the arm of his father, the president, she did put on her best smile on her big, red lips, and slowly walked, enjoying how the heads of every male and female in the party turned to her.

I saw, that the topic of Afghanistan was hurting him - if it were in my power, I would glass the entire place for hurting him, but as it was not in my power...
"Thank you.", I said at the compliment about my Polish, "I actually already got the idea out, but... my first assignment, I was told, would be the Free Lands. The Consulate in Ironcastle." I gave a sad shrug. "With me being a Half-Selkie and knowing the country, it is only logical, but... I would love to go to Poland, if not as an Ambassador, then as your friend."

Berengar
They were in the garden, well away from the newcomers, but even if Ida's head turned, Berengar's never would have.
Before him was a lady -- not a whore, nor some gold-digger, but a young woman, keen of mind, sharp of tongue, and soft of heart, worthy of every accolade in the world, and certainly of a higher caliber than some Eastern harlot with an inordinate -- perhaps, even criminal -- interest in young boys.

"My family and I would be glad to have you over, Ida." Berengar replied. "I think Pap would like you especially."

[...]

Ida Findehoof.
My head didn't turn either, Berengar held all my attention, as it should be - even if we would have been in the ballroom and not in the gardens, that would not have been changed.
For one thing, Isabel was one of those forgetable wannabes, which bolstered the attendance numbers of second-rate balls in Teressien, vain, vapid in her spirit and empty in her soul, only out to spread her legs for someone of higher station in the hopes of him siring some gremlin inside of her so that she might have some blackmail against him.
Such creatures weren't even considered to attend the really important events, which I frequented in Hochheyde and elsewhere. And that was not even mentioning her father...
The other reason, the by far more important reason, was Berengar.
He was my I-do-not-know-what-he-is-but-he-is-very-dear-to-me - some might also say, that he was my boyfriend. There. Thought it.
In any case, I smiled at his words.
"I would love to meet him.", I said, "I heard much about him... a strict and wise man, a soldier, not really one for ceremonies, but a man with a good heart..." I smiled at Berengar, a bit of a tease in my eyes: "I am sure, that I would grow to love him, too - not in the same way as I love another man, who would be fitting that description, but then again, for that kind of love, there is only space in my heart for one."
My hand softly squeezing his hand would not leave any doubt, that Berengar was the one I meant, who occupied that space in my heart.
Last edited by Kyrenaia on Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
RPing in MT and PT.

Sale-Rabat
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sale-Rabat » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:33 am

Kyrenaia wrote:

I was in pleasant conversation with Princess Aischa, about music and forests and animals, when Aischa, right in the middle of my sentence, giggled. I stopped as I had explained something about a piano sonata by a Kyrenaian composer, which I knew by heart, and looked at her.
"Don't worry, it's not about you.", she said, "Try to act natural as you look in the direction of your... seven o'clock."
I nodded and joined her side, as if to show her a special finger loosening exercise, she picking up my ruse as I glanced up from where her hands (these beautiful, silken hands with the beautifully long fingers) were imitating my moves.
Whoever that guy was, he seemed to be quite happy to go on walkies with... his daughter, I'd guess. She looked nice, admittedly, a bit too exotic for my tastes, but however nice she looked, her father made it all for naught. He looked, simply put, stupid. Like a donkey dressed up and sent down into the fray.
She, while some might call her a tart or worse, could not be held accountable for her father's shortcomings. She had her own, after all, especially when such things as personal tastes came into consideration (for starters, I liked women with long hair more then the ones with clean shaves).
"She looks a bit as if she is not used to dressing so lavishly.", Aischa whispered to me with a grin, "At least to me."
I shrugged, then refocussed onto her hands, took one of them. I smiled at the Kyrenaian Princess, a bit shakily, admittedly.
"Would you grant me the honour of a Dance, Princess Aischa?", I asked.
She paused for a moment, then linked her arm with mine. "It would be my pleasure. And after that, we can see, if we can't get a piano somewhere."
I smiled.

Abetton wrote:"I have heard of the Princess Aurelia, indeed and of her talents with horses. My darling companion is a Lipizzan which are usually but not always, a grey-white color. She is indeed that color though and her name is Snowy because of her beautiful white coat. I ride her just about every day, most of the time I'm doing a gentle stroll about the castle grounds, other times I'm working on equestrian sporting activities, your usual what you see, running, jumping and dressage. When I have time away from school and other Princessly things, I get to go out to the open plains and just do a full gallop, or I do the foxhunts up in the nearby mountains. I don't do the more wild tricks, like vaulting, though my mother did when she was my age and my cousin Charlotte does as well. My teachers say I still need more practice and instruction before I try that. I imagine if this were the middle ages, I'd probably try jousting, I'm adventurous like that."

[...]

Prince Mahmut ibn-Idris.
A grey-white Lipizzan named Snowy - Peri seemed to love that horse very dearly, by how she enthusiastically talked about how she spent time with him, what she did, what she would love to do... admittedly, my understanding of horse breeds was limited to Kyrenaian and some Selkie breeds, but it sounded, as if Snowy was a bit of an all-rounder.
"It sounds like you love spending time in the saddle.", I said with a grin, "You remind me a bit of my sister Siham... before she got acquainted with the Lasite Terror, that is."
I did not notice Isabel or her father, I was far too much captivated by the beautiful Princess I was dancing with to notice any other woman.

Polish Prussian Commonwealth wrote:

Berengar

[...]

Ida Findehoof.
My head didn't turn either, Berengar held all my attention, as it should be - even if we would have been in the ballroom and not in the gardens, that would not have been changed.
For one thing, Isabel was one of those forgetable wannabes, which bolstered the attendance numbers of second-rate balls in Teressien, vain, vapid in her spirit and empty in her soul, only out to spread her legs for someone of higher station in the hopes of him siring some gremlin inside of her so that she might have some blackmail against him.
Such creatures weren't even considered to attend the really important events, which I frequented in Hochheyde and elsewhere. And that was not even mentioning her father...
He was my I-do-not-know-what-he-is-but-he-is-very-dear-to-me - some might also say, that he was my boyfriend. There. Thought it.
"I would love to meet him.", I said, "I heard much about him... a strict and wise man, a soldier, not really one for ceremonies, but a man with a good heart..." I smiled at Berengar, a bit of a tease in my eyes: "I am sure, that I would grow to love him, too - not in the same way as I love another man, who would be fitting that description, but then again, for that kind of love, there is only space in my heart for one."
My hand softly squeezing his hand would not leave any doubt, that Berengar was the one I meant, who occupied that space in my heart.

The president was admiring the impressive palace where the debut of the young princess was taking place, and noticed a group of people talking about something which seemed to be quite interesting, because they seemed to be interested at him.

-Hello, I see you are from Kyrenaia, right? I would love to visit your country, said Musa, did you want something from me? I saw you were pointing at me and wondered if I could help at anything, said the president bowing lightly.
Last edited by Sale-Rabat on Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Polish Prussian Commonwealth » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:19 am

Berengar blushed as he tried to process her words.

She loved him. She said the words -- granted, not in the straightforward way that could put his nerves to rest, but still.
"T-thank you." He replied, his mind screeching to a halt as he tried to formulate a proper response. In the end, however, he gave up, and merely held on to Ida's hand, squeezing it tightly, but not so much as to crush it.

A brief silence passed between the two before he spoke up again. "So. Erm. What exactly does being a diplomat entail?"

New Visayan Islands wrote:"Shall we dance?" he then asked.

Blazes smiled, and took Victor's arm. "It's been a long time since I was last asked to, but I'd be glad to, Mister Cui. Let me know if I step on your toes."
"Furthermore, I submit that Carthage NSG must be destroyed." t. Marcus Porcius Cato

A traumatized, but recovering, MT-Early PMT/FanT constitutional monarchy consisting of a personal and constitutional union of two Realms. Features: near-universal gun ownership, governmental dysfunction, terrified Christinaslander Air National Guard personnel counting down the days until they rotate back home, and an eternal standoff with the last of it's former oppressors.

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:25 am

Polish Prussian Commonwealth wrote:Berengar blushed as he tried to process her words.

She loved him. She said the words -- granted, not in the straightforward way that could put his nerves to rest, but still.
"T-thank you." He replied, his mind screeching to a halt as he tried to formulate a proper response. In the end, however, he gave up, and merely held on to Ida's hand, squeezing it tightly, but not so much as to crush it.

A brief silence passed between the two before he spoke up again. "So. Erm. What exactly does being a diplomat entail?"

Ida Findehoof.
I smiled at his response, him squeezing my hand - it was as if only the two of us existed.
His thank you was... honestly more then I had expected. Of course, every girl dreams of the great and dramatic declaration of love and a bouquet of roses being pulled out of the sleeve (literally, mind you), but... Berengar was not such a man.
And I had phrased it like that on purpose, too: I wanted him to know, how I feel, but at the same time, I did not want him to feel pressured into committing, pressured into declaring what he felt for me.
His hand squeezing mine said more then the three words anyway.
We were silent for a bit - minutes, seconds, decades, it did not matter.
He broke the silence: "So. Erm. What exactly does being a diplomat entail?"
I almost burst out laughing, but I was smiling, when I replied: "First and foremost, paperwork. Lots and lots of paperwork." I leaned over to snuggled into his shoulder. "And a lot of talking... sometimes useful, oftentimes, not so much."
RPing in MT and PT.

Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Polish Prussian Commonwealth » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:47 am

I smiled at his response, him squeezing my hand - it was as if only the two of us existed.
His thank you was... honestly more then I had expected. Of course, every girl dreams of the great and dramatic declaration of love and a bouquet of roses being pulled out of the sleeve (literally, mind you), but... Berengar was not such a man.
And I had phrased it like that on purpose, too: I wanted him to know, how I feel, but at the same time, I did not want him to feel pressured into committing, pressured into declaring what he felt for me.
His hand squeezing mine said more then the three words anyway.
We were silent for a bit - minutes, seconds, decades, it did not matter.
He broke the silence: "So. Erm. What exactly does being a diplomat entail?"
I almost burst out laughing, but I was smiling, when I replied: "First and foremost, paperwork. Lots and lots of paperwork." I leaned over to snuggled into his shoulder. "And a lot of talking... sometimes useful, oftentimes, not so much."

Between her smile and her response, some of the tension visibly left Berengar's body. He put an arm around Ida's shoulder, pulling her in a little more, as he replied; "Not too different from what I did, then. Lots of bullshit paperwork, lots of talking, almost all of which was also bullshit...A lot more walking though, presumably, and every now and then if you were lucky you'd get to fire off a few shots."
Last edited by Polish Prussian Commonwealth on Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:22 am

Sale-Rabat wrote:The president was admiring the impressive palace where the debut of the young princess was taking place, and noticed a group of people talking about something which seemed to be quite interesting, because they seemed to be interested at him.

-Hello, I see you are from Kyrenaia, right? I would love to visit your country, said Musa, did you want something from me? I saw you were pointing at me and wondered if I could help at anything, said the president bowing lightly.

It was around the time Aischa and I made our way to the dance floor, when the idiot intercepted us, claiming, that we might be interested in him. He got Aischa's nationality right, though, but not mine.
As such, I let her take the lead.
"My apologies, Sir.", she said in a sweet tone, which booked no argument, "You must be mistaken. Mister von Lattenzaun..." She got the pronounciation right. "...was pointing out a piece of artwork behind you." She let a beat pass. "If you would please excuse us? The gentleman..." With a soft tug, she indicated, that she meant myself. "...asked for a dance. Have a good evening."
And with that, she allowed me to lead her further to the dance floor, where I proceeded to get into the right position with her. She smiled, radiant as the sun, as we began to move in tune to the music, vanishing in but a moment in the crowd...
...and leaving the president behind.
I did not mind. I was dancing with a beautiful woman, who was a year younger then myself, and who was a good dancer and had a sense for music. What more could I ask for?

Polish Prussian Commonwealth wrote:Between her smile and her response, some of the tension visibly left Berengar's body. He put an arm around Ida's shoulder, pulling her in a little more, as he replied; "Not too different from what I did, then. Lots of bullshit paperwork, lots of talking, almost all of which was also bullshit...A lot more walking though, presumably, and every now and then if you were lucky you'd get to fire off a few shots."

Ida Findehoof.
I thought for a moment.
"I admit, sometimes, I wondered, if shooting paperwads at people would solve some problems, but..." I shrugged. "That'd only be more work for the cleaning lady."
My position in his arms was comfortable, calm, warm... what else could I hope for?
"I don't walk that much, though.", I admitted, then poked my stomach. "At this case, I'll be fat and round." I was sure, that he would still love me if I weighted as much as a tank, but still... "I need more exercise."
This was not a possibility, it was a fact. Especially if I want to continue modelling.
RPing in MT and PT.

Sale-Rabat
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sale-Rabat » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:45 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:
Sale-Rabat wrote:The president was admiring the impressive palace where the debut of the young princess was taking place, and noticed a group of people talking about something which seemed to be quite interesting, because they seemed to be interested at him.

It was around the time Aischa and I made our way to the dance floor, when the idiot intercepted us, claiming, that we might be interested in him. He got Aischa's nationality right, though, but not mine.
As such, I let her take the lead.
"My apologies, Sir.", she said in a sweet tone, which booked no argument, "You must be mistaken. Mister von Lattenzaun..." She got the pronounciation right. "...was pointing out a piece of artwork behind you." She let a beat pass. "If you would please excuse us? The gentleman..." With a soft tug, she indicated, that she meant myself. "...asked for a dance. Have a good evening."
And with that, she allowed me to lead her further to the dance floor, where I proceeded to get into the right position with her. She smiled, radiant as the sun, as we began to move in tune to the music, vanishing in but a moment in the crowd...
...and leaving the president behind.
I did not mind. I was dancing with a beautiful woman, who was a year younger then myself, and who was a good dancer and had a sense for music. What more could I ask for?

Polish Prussian Commonwealth wrote:Between her smile and her response, some of the tension visibly left Berengar's body. He put an arm around Ida's shoulder, pulling her in a little more, as he replied; "Not too different from what I did, then. Lots of bullshit paperwork, lots of talking, almost all of which was also bullshit...A lot more walking though, presumably, and every now and then if you were lucky you'd get to fire off a few shots."

Ida Findehoof.
I thought for a moment.
"I admit, sometimes, I wondered, if shooting paperwads at people would solve some problems, but..." I shrugged. "That'd only be more work for the cleaning lady."
My position in his arms was comfortable, calm, warm... what else could I hope for?
"I don't walk that much, though.", I admitted, then poked my stomach. "At this case, I'll be fat and round." I was sure, that he would still love me if I weighted as much as a tank, but still... "I need more exercise."
This was not a possibility, it was a fact. Especially if I want to continue modelling.

The president wonders what he has done for being treated like that, specially after having been invited to the debut by the host nation. Meanwhile, his daughter just, as seeing the young prince is too shy, grabs his hand and brings him to the dance floor.

Abetton
Chargé d'Affaires

Father Knows Best State

Postby Abetton » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:54 pm

Sale-Rabat wrote:Seeing that she finally had got the eye of the young prince, she approached him, and, saying sorry, said: -Uh, maybe I was getting too much attention, like, this is a formal event, I promise to behave myself better and not do certain things, I mean, to be more formal. But enough about me, she said, let's sit on a table and tell me about you. However, after we do that, will you please offer your hand for this lady to dance with you? Said Isabel María. Meanwhile, the president, asks her highness princess Peri where he could discuss the establishment of diplomatic relationships and mutual embassies, or better said, with who. -Shall I discuss it with you, milady? Should I talk with your ministers? Your father?

"I'm sure father would be delighted to hear of your nation desiring relations with us. Tonight will not be the night, however, I would advise you to have your foreign ministry contact our own to begin that process. I'm not in anyway able to discuss these matters, only my father's Ministers can. Please, enjoy the party, sir, I'll be on the floor later."

"Indeed I do, I feel very at home on horseback, have since I was a child. Oh a sister, older or younger? I have a sister myself, younger than me, you've probably seen her roaming about tonight, she's usually helping herself to the sweets." She giggled "But what's this about a Lasite Terror? Sounds a bit frightening I must say. But I may be overreacting some on that end."

Sale-Rabat
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sale-Rabat » Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:40 am

Abetton wrote:
Sale-Rabat wrote:Seeing that she finally had got the eye of the young prince, she approached him, and, saying sorry, said: -Uh, maybe I was getting too much attention, like, this is a formal event, I promise to behave myself better and not do certain things, I mean, to be more formal. But enough about me, she said, let's sit on a table and tell me about you. However, after we do that, will you please offer your hand for this lady to dance with you? Said Isabel María. Meanwhile, the president, asks her highness princess Peri where he could discuss the establishment of diplomatic relationships and mutual embassies, or better said, with who. -Shall I discuss it with you, milady? Should I talk with your ministers? Your father?

"I'm sure father would be delighted to hear of your nation desiring relations with us. Tonight will not be the night, however, I would advise you to have your foreign ministry contact our own to begin that process. I'm not in anyway able to discuss these matters, only my father's Ministers can. Please, enjoy the party, sir, I'll be on the floor later."

"Indeed I do, I feel very at home on horseback, have since I was a child. Oh a sister, older or younger? I have a sister myself, younger than me, you've probably seen her roaming about tonight, she's usually helping herself to the sweets." She giggled "But what's this about a Lasite Terror? Sounds a bit frightening I must say. But I may be overreacting some on that end."

Thank you, my lady, my minister shall be in contact with you as when your debut ends-says the Sultan (not anymore a president, he has changed the constitution) may I offer a toast to you to all of those who are present here?

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017

Postby New Visayan Islands » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:32 am

Victor Cui
Castle Liek

"I will," Victor replied.
And so they danced, the engineer who happened to be the son of the former President of the New Visayan Islands best known from opening the Confederation up to the greater world around her and the Court Bard of the Prussian-Polish Commonwealth. There was something about the dance that Victor just couldn't quite understand...
...it felt as if all time had stopped around them. Victor wondered if there was something to this dance and Blazes. Perhaps I ought to find a way to get in touch with this woman before the night is done... Victor Cui found an interesting person in Maria "Blazes" Błyskawica, and getting to know her even more was something he couldn't help but consider as the dance continued.
Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates