NATION

PASSWORD

Gala of the Forgotten Soldiers (Meillur Only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 26, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:49 pm

Queen Philippa stepped into the villa with a pearly smile on her face. The Queen had watched with silent dissatisfaction as her husband had signed away his, and to a lesser extent her, power to the National Assembly. Philippa had been ready to rage and fight bloody tooth and bloody nail against it, but at the last minute, as the tides turned and the way the wind blew changed, her mother had convinced her to stay silent. The only advice that she'd gotten from her grandmother was that it was better to have a crown with limited power than no crown at all. Her grandfather had been prepared to intervene in the situation, but any plans he may have had died along with him, and her Aunt Louise was far less interested in the affairs of Colfico and the trouble of its queen.

So Philippa had decided to tackle the issue from an oblique angle. Which meant smiling and currying favor. If the people wanted democracy so badly, she would use that to her own advantage. She entered in a white tulle off-the-shoulders ball gown that ended in a wide skirt just past her knees. A three string pearl necklace looped around her throat, pale against her dark skin. More pearls were studded on her ears and circled her wrists. She wore her thick curly hair in a top bun high on her head, while her feet were adorned in white low heels. She walked with a clutch purse. She intended to indulge in the holy virtue of being charitable on this day.
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature

Colfico
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Colfico » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:09 pm

Sebastian walked besides his wife, the two being at odds was an understatement, she had become what was currently the largest obstacle to his plans for the future of Colfico, plans which were now beginning to take shape, although there was still plenty more work to be done, work that would likely continue well beyond his own lifetime, which was why he had decided to raise any successor of his personally, to ensure that the ideals if the new Constitutional Monarchy were passed on to it's next ruler. Even if that meant he would adopt a child to prevent influence from other monarchs, specifically those with an interest in preventing the National Assembly from taking root and growing healthily.

Like any man however, he prefered that such a step would not become a necessary action, and so he had made it a focus now to try and influence his wife, and help her see why he was doing what he had.

He wore a traditional Colficoan formal wear, with a red sash running across it. A departure from the formal uniform that he had worn in the past, what was meant to be a symbol of a new era.

Kingdom of Derita
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kingdom of Derita » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:25 pm

Adriana tilted her head, thinking over the commander’s words. “A city high on a hill is often propped up by the bones of innocents, it’s white marble walls held together by the blood of the oppressed and its hymns of liberty drowning out the cries of the neglected,” said Adriana, picking her words carefully as she formed the short poem.

“The universe requires balance, my dear commander, and it does not ignore nor appreciate short cuts. I am of the kind that the ends do not justify the means, and positive results by deceitful actions will lead to a corruption of those results. The worst of tyrants do not reach their thrones carving a path of blood and death. They arrive on a wave of popular support and to the sound of thunderous applause.”

Adriana waved a hand. “The river of blood often comes later. It is why I watch this new National Assembly so closely. I am curious to see what comes next.”

Colfico
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Colfico » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:13 pm

"It is true, it is why the Order is not overly trusting yet itself, we have seen government's come and go like sand in the wind, the same as many nations, so we shall see how it plays out. I will simply do what I can to help prevent such a possibility."

He then smiled and said "It is why I refuse to compromise on the ideals gifted by the order, they are ideals that have allowed the order to persist in relative peace for millennia, it may not be the most prosperous, or the most expansive, but it has persisted longer than empires with either of those two claims." He then said "So when the river of blood does come, the Temple will be there to protect those that it can."

He then said "Perhaps it would be better if we watched together, rather than as individuals."

Kingdom of Derita
Senator

Postby Kingdom of Derita » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:29 pm

A smile tugged at Adriana’s lips. “Four eyes are better two. Though I warn you, while you are prepared to defend those who need it on the battlefield, I am prepared to do so in courtrooms and the halls of politics, and I dare say that my theatre is the far more treacherous of the two.” Adriana let out a small laugh, indicating that she was joking.

“Your order,” she said, more seriously, “sounds to be an admirable and upright organization. And you represent them well. They are lucky to have you, and to see you hold steady fast to your ideals and try to instill them elsewhere for the greater good, especially for these veterans. I hope that your nobility will move more than just hearts today, so that the charity’s goal can be reached.”

Colfico
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Colfico » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:52 pm

He shook his head "You call it nobility, it is simply the normal way of acting within the order, it is more than likely the reason why the order has retained its small size, to expand would only invite those that are not genuine in their belief of the temples teachings, and simply come for their own benefit."

"It is not merely the battlefield that I protect the innocent, I make a stand wherever I must, a peacekeeper must be able to perform their duty through means both peaceful, and, if need be, violent if it should come to pass."

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:12 am

Philippa smiled as Sebastian walked at her side, though her focus was on the other guests, who she greeted with more smiles and polite handshakes. Philippa had found that she and her husband were… not on ideal sides of a divide in opinion. A situation that was intolerable to Philippa. She and her mother had been working hard at rectifying that situation. But Philippa was just as stubborn as her husband, and she refused to bend on her opinions, at least not truthfully. She had decided after the formation of the National Assembly that she could lie easily. If it meant she held on to what mattered most.

And the best lies were mixed in a murky estuary of the truth. And her chosen silence was golden. She didn’t say she opposed the National Assembly, but she never voiced approval of it either. She dismissed all statements and papers saying she was a great obstacle as mere xenophobic propaganda. After all, Philippa was never slow to mention, it was the protesters for democracy who’d sent the Duchess of Hyrea fleeing in terror.

True, Philippa had been delighted at the duchess’ departure, but she found that her dear enemy was quite useful in her absence. It provided an angle along which Philippa could play at the cords of people’s opinions in the origins of their oh so precious new era. But the queen had been coached by her mother to not show all her cards at once.

“Our soldiers are so brave, and have served their country so well. I more than anyone shall see to it that they do not remain forgotten. All Colficoans should know of the people who protect their very livelihoods. It is sad to see the failings of the government towards them, but I am determined to see that our veterans be rewarded as they should be when they return home.”
_[' ]_

Colfico
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Colfico » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:35 pm

Sebastian nodded before saying "I am sure the National Assembly will get to it once they can, it is a young organization with much foundation work to do before it can really start getting things done, I am keeping tabs on its progress personally."

He then said "It says plenty that they have taken this step as early as they have."

He then focused his attention on Philippa and said "We should enjoy this night, it is the first of it's type we have attended together after all."

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:01 pm

“If only it did not take the meddling and murky interests of dozens, hundreds of officials as opposed to one to get things done.” Philippa said with a playful laugh. “But I suppose no legislative has ever been efficient. Whatever they be willing, or even more of interest, capable of doing will take time, but I have every intention to act now.”

Philippa grinned as she looked around, even as she caught Sebastian focusing on her. “It is the duty of monarchs to be servants of the state, my love, event at a party.”
_[' ]_

Colfico
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Colfico » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:14 pm

"Yes it is, however that does not mean we cannot take the time to enjoy ourselves. That inefficiency is where we come in, we do after all have to watch over and nurture the nation, but my main concern right now, is nurturing what we have between us."

He then said "Let yourself relax a little bit, this is one of the few times we are able to do so in public."

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:25 pm

Philippa focused on something far on the other side of the room, not looking at her husband. She dropped her voice to a low whisper that slipped through her smile. “I am not the one who has failed in trying to nurture what is between us Sebastian. It is you who neglected your duties and your promises. Do not think to put the blame on us as if we are both at fault.”

She let out another small laugh. It was strange to her, how ready he was to dictate in the confines of their marriage but not within the borders of their realm. “If we relax and indulge my love, all the while the National Assembly struggled to crawl out of the primordial muck of ex-protesters , there will always be those that question what use we have. And it not my fault that they have the platform and all the more reason to think like that.”

Philippa stopped her whispering to shake hands with a passing guest, her eyes shining with delight. She turned back to her husband as they passed. She knew that they had very different ideas on how royals should act. And she knew that he had quite a view on how Genoise royals acted. But she felt that his view was one flawed by only seeing half a portrait. “This may shock you, but dedicating my time to my royal duties, as God intended, is one of the things I enjoy.”
_[' ]_

Colfico
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Colfico » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:23 pm

Sebastian gave a mental sigh, he had already had his doubts as to the probability of survival of their marriage, and every day, it seemed d that he had more reason to believe that was true, and it was not helped by her constant resistance to his attempt to build the future for Colfico. He did not voice his opinion, instead simply smiling and greeting guests as they passed, however, there was something in his eye that said he was ever so slowly running low on patience, the same look that he had when he was thinking of doing something that was unpleasant to him.

"My Duty to Colfico has been upheld, power is not more important to me than the success and prosperity of the nation, holding absolute power was a necessary evil, that necessity has passed. Suggesting that I place duty before my personal feelings is not a suggestion that will work out in your favor."

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:11 pm

Philippa froze. She felt as if ice crawled up her spine. His words for the most part were things that she’d heard before. But the last bit struck a cord in her that made her snap to attention. Her fingers tightened on her purse as she straightened and held her head high. “Work out in favor?” Philippa asked, her Genoise accent returning as she was caught off guard by the warning from her husband. “Is that a threat my love?”
_[' ]_

Colfico
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Colfico » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:24 pm

He shook his head and said "No, it is a warning, holding the crown is not more important to me than the future of the nation. I will destroy it myself if it becomes an issue."

His time was serious, and left little doubt as to wether he meant what he said or not.

"I have been a Colficoan before I have been king, and that duty as a Colficoan comes before any crown."

He then said "I have no problems laying it down and going home If I must."

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:34 pm

Philippa felt a cruel smile tugged at her lips as she listened to Sebastian. It fell away, back into a hard line as Philippa turned to face her husband. “That may be who you are Sebastian. But I know my destiny, given to me by the grace of God. You may be willing to abandon your duties to the crown you wear, but I am not. I will die a Queen.”

Philippa took a step closer to her husband, looking up at him, craning her head to look him in the eyes. “Remember that next time you wish to give me… a warning.”
_[' ]_

Colfico
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Colfico » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:57 pm

"I am sure that you would, however, I'm afraid that you will not die as Colficos Queen. You have no claim to rulership here, and you seem to misunderstand what I mean by destroying the crown. I do mean it quite literally."

He did not flinch, or even seem affected by her stance. "If you believe that I am afraid of your grandmother, remember that I am the one that gave you your crown, and I can just as easily take it from you." His voice did not raise even the slightest but, showing nothing but calm determination.

"Or should I have her less than legal establishments her in Colfico raised to the ground?'

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:15 pm

Philippa was unfazed by Sebastian’s words.

“I will die a Queen, my love. I did not misunderstood you. Nor do I think my grandmother very fearsome, at least not enough to keep you in check for my sake. Though if you wish to cross her, I imagine her responses are very different in regards to her own interests. No. You need only concern yourself with me, my love.”

The young queen smoothed the sash cross Sebastian’s chest with a smile.

“I think you forget that it was not just you who I married. I married Colfico. I love this nation. And U wish for what is best for it. It is my home. You, yourself said it. And as it was proclaimed before earth and heaven no man shall ever tear that asunder.”
_[' ]_

Colfico
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Colfico » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:34 pm

Sebastian was somewhat surprised, although he did not show it, however he did have to admire her determination, maybe there was something there that could be worked with.

"I did indeed say that."

He held her waist and said "That is why I made the decision that I did." He then said "but I wish o make it not just your home, or my home, but the home of our children and grandchildren, and a home where they will be able to grow up enjoying prosperity and peace."

His eyes showed no hate or even dislike for Philippa, and even showed a hint of genuine affection.

"And I've done it so you can chase your own dreams as well, because you are still young." He kissed her forehead before saying "Go to university, create your own company, or even work to help shape the National Assembly for the better. I have given you the opportunity to make changes and triumphs of your own. "

He held her hand in his and said "That is why I support the National Assembly, because I want to see you prosper as more than just a queen."

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:47 pm

Philippa eyes filled with emotion as she looked into her husband’s eyes, felt his hands on her, felt the kiss on her forehead. Perhaps this was why they had lasted as long as they had. For despite their different views, there did seem, at least to Philippa to be true affection for one another. It was everything else that got in the way. She liked Sebastian, as a person she truly did. It was as a king that she saw all his failings. But perhaps that was because Sebastian saw those as two separate things, himself and the king. Philippa however saw herself and the queen as one and the same.

“I too want this to be gone for our children, and for our grandchildren my love. I wish to shape this beautiful nation of ours. But the only future I see with that, is as it’s queen. With our children being the first of a dynasty that shall lead this country into glory. That is my dream and I will fight for it.”
_[' ]_

Kingdom of Derita
Senator

Postby Kingdom of Derita » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:55 pm

“A somewhat bitter truth,” said Adriana, considering Feliks’ words on the needed actions of a true peacekeeper. Violence was sometimes necessary and even justified. That didn’t make it any more enjoyable though.

“So as a peacekeeper, do you think Colfico should directly intervene in Imarati? Don’t think I didn’t notice that you never gave your actual opinion on the topic, merely mentioned the muttering as of others. Is your voice amongst those mutterings?”

Colfico
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Colfico » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:22 pm

He smiled and said "That dream is anything but gone with the National Assembly around, you still have more than enough power to accomplish that dream."

He pulled her close into a gentle embrace, before saying "What can you not do now that you could do before the National Assembly came into existence?"

Colfico
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Colfico » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:32 pm

Felicks Though for a moment before giving his answers with no sign of being dishonest or tryin to give a false opinion.

"It depends, as of this moment, I do not believe it needed, however let's say a faction starts rounding up and executing innocents, ten that is different and more understandable."

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:42 pm

“All the more reason that it should be away with. Like an extra finger. We can serve Colfico best without another body in the government.”

Philippa’s words were softly spoken. Barely more than a whisper. She knew what he was trying to do, but placating her would not work. His words may say one thing, but his actions and the course that had been taken was clear as day to Philippa and it all lead to disaster as far as she was concerned.
_[' ]_

Colfico
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Colfico » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:57 pm

Sebastian smiled and said "Give it a chance, you are dismissing it without actually seeing the benefits it can give."

He then decided to try and bring her to a compromise, and said, in a low whisper "Besides, it's more of a formality than anything else, we still have ultimate control, after all, the National Assembly cannot pass a law that does not have our signatures on it."

He then said "I will give you your dynasty, I just ask that you at least give this a chance." He kissed her forehead again and said "If it does not make a positive difference, I will disolve it."

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:40 pm

“How is it that I am to trust you when you swing from threats of destroying the monarchy all together, or stealing my crown from me in one moment to assuring me of our ultimate authority in the next. Where and when am I to believe that is your truth my love? It seems you will go where ever way the wind will blow without regard for the tides and currents that linger beneath the waves of truth. I want to believe you, and I have stay quiet on matters of the National Assembly in public precisely because I understand that there are nations were monarchs remain the executives of their kingdoms. But with every other word you say I am assured that disaster of a most unholy nature is imminent.”

Philippa pulled away from Sebastian. “I am young, and I am naive, but I am not wholly a fool. Do not treat me as such.”
_[' ]_

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates