NATION

PASSWORD

Royals Life (Meillur Only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 26, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:04 pm

Philippa’s smile lost a bit of its sadness at Sebastian’s words. She placed a hand on his chest. A intimate gesture, but also one let her decide how close he got to her.

“Thank you. I shall keep that in mind. As queen, I have nothing more to say on this matter.” She took a deep breath and dabbed at her eyes carefully. “As your wife, I regret causing offense. Now, I wish to tend to matters of our realm, and our people.”
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature

Colfico
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Colfico » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:31 pm

Sebastian held her hand to his chest with his, with a look that said he was not fooled, and he was determined to resolve the issue immediately. He did however, reach into his uniform, and pull out a handkerchief, similar to the one he had use earlier, but not the same one. He carefully dabbed her eyes, for the second time today. His face showed a hint of concern, but also a hint of regret.

"You are the most important matter of the realm, the meeting can wait, you, however, can not, please, do not shut down on me, you are my wife, I want you to be as open with me as possible. I can tell you are upset, it does not do you any good to bottle it up, there are no cameras, and no audience here, so please, don't shut yourself down."

He gently held her chin in his hand for a moment, before speaking again.

"It may be practice where you come from to act a certain way, but you don't have to do that here, you are free to pursue your own path."

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:40 pm

Philippa took in a deep breath. She felt shivers run though her body. She took a step forward and thought of how well the morning had begun. Before breakfast, before the ennoblement of the duchess. “And if I were to draw in, to bury my thoughts deep within myself? Will you pull the words from my tongue?”
_[' ]_

Colfico
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Colfico » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:50 pm

he looked into her eyes as he spoke, his attention fully, and unwaveringly, focused on her, nd of note, was the fact that he had not once raised his voice at her.

"No, but i would prefer that you did not, as your husband, i would rather that you were honest with me, no matter how much we may argue or be angry with each other, you can, and always will have my full attention, and I will never attempt to silence or punish you for it, to do so would make me no better than the people that I fought to topple years ago."

he placed his hands on her waist, and gently attempted to pull her to him, though not with enough force to force her to do so if she did not wish it.

"We are husband and wife, the only way we will prosper is with trust and love for each other, and that includes speaking with each other openly when we don't agree with each other."

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:07 pm

Philippa let Sebastian pull her closer. She hadn’t meant for this. She had meant to pull away, to go to the meeting. But now she found herself pulled in towards him, and she found no voice to protest. She had no reason to. They were husband and wife. These were the actions that were meant to be taken. Her grip tighten on his chest, her fingers bunching up the front of his uniform in a fist. She looked elsewhere however.

“Then I must be allowed to have some say in our home. I meant what I said when I said I didn’t mean to offend. But I am alone here. I have nothing but what I build, even with you, Sebastian. So I must be allowed to have power to do so.”
_[' ]_

Colfico
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Colfico » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:21 pm

He gave he a smile, and kissed her on top of her head, and held her close, he felt a sense of relief as she opened up to him, even if only in a restrained manner. He could accept this, it was a step in the right direction. He ran his hand up and down her back in a figure eight pattern, meant to be a calming message.

"You are not alone, as long as I live, and as long as I am your husband, you will never be alone." he then thought for a moment, before speaking again. "As for building something of your own, and having the power to do so, you already do, you do not have to wait for my approval to try something, or to do something, although I would certainly like to stay informed as much as possible."

He knew they would likely be late for the meeting, but at the moment, he did not care, she was his priority, and he would not divert his attention from her.

:You can bring your culinary ideas forward if you wish, and I will support you in it."

He then gently turned her head so that he was looking into her eyes again, before speaking again. "But i must request that you dont lock me out like this again, please, it achieves nothing, and ultimately hurts both of us."

He then kissed her lips lightly, before speaking again.

"You are not your grandmother or your ancestors, you are Philippa of Colfico, you are not obliged to follow in their footsteps, you have your own legacy to build now."

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:38 pm

Philippa’s fingers relaxed as they uncurled from a fist. It was reassuring to know that she did not need to have his permission to do things. She would be sure to wield that power with confidence and often as she settled in to her life this, her kingdom. A blush spread across her dark skin as he kissed her. She responded by sliding her hand up his chest till her small dainty hand cupped his cheek.

“You are right. I do not wish to lock you out. I wish for us to united in all things, even if we do not always agree. I wish this to be a marriage of love. And… I wish for us to have a child.”
_[' ]_

Colfico
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Colfico » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:48 pm

He leaned his head forward, so that their foreheads were touching in an intimate gesture, as he listened to his wife speaking, letting not one word go unheard. He was hung up, but only for a moment, by her request for a child, and his response came without hesitation.

"Of course my love, it is a right that you, and you alone are entitled to, and a request that I will fulfil whenever you wish of it." his eyes met hers, as his hands moved down to her hips. For a time he simply enjoyed being with his wife, feeling the touch of her hand on his cheek, and the feeling of her in his hands. Even for his own defenses, it was almost too much, but he resisted, even if only barely, the temptation that gnawed at him. His eyes wandered over her skin, enjoying its brown hue, exotic to the Nikoan Tribesman.

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:03 am

A giddy smile spread across her lips. Philippa had never particularly dreamed of having children, though it was something unspoken that had always been expected of her. Childbearing was important to many in Genes, especially outside of the urban centers were many were needed to work on plantations of cocoa, coffee and orchards of bananas, plantains and various other fruits. Contraceptives were frowned upon, and priests spoke of the need to repopulate after the death of so many millions during the great collapse.

But when she had been chosen to be Colfico’s first queen, Philippa had seen it in a vision from Gid that she was to be the mother of a ruling dynasty. She was to create a glorious, no, an illustrious generation of princes and princesses, who would rule over a golden age. A child would be the first step to that. The first step to crafting her own legacy.

“Thank you.” Philippa said softly as she traced her thumb across his cheek and down over his scar, his pale skin strange and exotic to her. Genes was a warm country where everyone was a shade of brown or black. There had once been paler people, but it was best not concern oneself with the fate of those people. “Soon then. We shall try for one soon then.”
_[' ]_

Colfico
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Colfico » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:20 am

Sebastian gave a smile as he felt her thumb moving across his skin, he enjoyed the feeling of being close to his wife, and of being in such an intimate embrace with her. The thought of the beginning of a family, of her holding a child in her arms, with him by he side, only made his smile grow.

"When you are ready, I will be waiting."

He lost himself for a moment as he let himself enjoy the intimate moment with his wife, which he knew would end all too soon, there was much to do, and they had not even really begun yet.

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:07 pm

Philippa nodded. It seems that she had finally convinced him if something. And part of her relished that victory. But a larger part of her was tired. The ghosts of Genoise queens before her whispered in her ear to do as they did. To be quiet and to be a woman of action. And though Sebastian’s words were kind and seemed genuine, what she had said earlier still range true. Silence would yield her nothing. But then again, she was not convinced words would either. Only action would.

“Good. Now. We have our meeting with the construction groups to attend to.”
_[' ]_

Colfico
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Colfico » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:33 pm

Sebastian nodded, before he moved to the door, and held it open for her, he knew that there was more, however he also knew that he was not likely to get anything else out of her for the time being, so he would have to be patient. However, there was still plenty on his mind, including the many matters regarding Amelie, it was a difficult situation to deal with, and his available options were limited, or at least, the readily obvious and available ones were, there were...alternative options, however they could not be attained immediately, and would likely be damaging to his own reputation on the international scale if he did indeed find himself having to resort to them. However, he was no where near the point where those options were tempting, so it could wait, or at least he thought that they could wait.

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:42 pm

Philippa silently thanked Sebastian as he held the door open for her. She was eager to get the meeting over with so that she could take to the streets, and on to the sites that Sebastian has mentioned. She wished to be out of this villa with its tight walls and unwelcome guest residents. She wanted to be out in the open air, where she could move and walk. And if she was made to suffer through a meeting some more, best to do so quickly.
_[' ]_

Colfico
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Colfico » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:07 pm

Sebastian led her down the halls, before finally coming to the door that led to the Villas conference room, the solid, durable oak door swinging open as Sebastian pushed it open. He walked inside, and already there were several people in regular business clothing. Whom, while they stood, did not bow, not that Sebastian seemed to notice, or even care.

"Apologies for being late, let us begin at once."

"yes your majesty" One of the buisnessmen said, before laying out a map, with lines representing planned roads marked on it between various towns and cities. "This is our current plans for the immediate future, with plans to focus priority on roads of economic and strategic importance, and work our way out as resources and time allow."

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:32 pm

Philippa was silent as she stepped into the conference room and looked over at the map as the men spoke. She mentally traced the marked lines. It naturally made since that great valley that ran through the center of the country would be the most developed as it was the heart, as far as she could find, of the country. She also recalled that Amelie’s Duchy was in the north west, which meant for Philippa it was thus the least important part of the country to have their attention.

“A pair of chief perpendicular roads could serve as the main arteries of the network. One running north and south along the Great Colfico River, and another along the coast and southwards towards the border with the Celestial Empire at Oran, with a pair ups near the mouth of the river and one in the geographic center of the country. After all strategically and economically speaking, the south is the nation’s gateway to both international markets as well as our Hyrukian rivals.”

She decided not to mention the north, where she noted mountains rose. Best not to even bring them mention.
_[' ]_

Colfico
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Colfico » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:22 pm

Sebastian nodded as he listened to Philippa, he agreed, especially on the coast, where being able to move resources and troops quickly was essential to defensive strategy.

"An effort should also be made to connect the north western mountains, they contain rich deposits of iron and coal which serve as the nations primary source of materials used to make steel. Keeping those mines well connected is vital to the economy. However roads are not the only means that can be utilized, perhaps we can also look into a series of canals, after all, most citizens who live along the river own a watercraft of some sort."

One of the businessmen nodded, before speaking.

"We thought of that, and there is also a movement to increase the number of airfields and airports present in Colfico, and helicopter pads to help facilitate the new rotary wing aircraft that are being developed, they could prove very useful, especially in the mountainous and more remote areas."

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:08 pm

Philippa considered the words of the construction company representatives and of Sebastian. She was annoyed to find out that there was anything of value in the northwestern mountains.

“Canals are perhaps a project left to smaller municipalities along and between waterways, as the river acts as a superhighway of its own. As for the matter of mines, a simple single industrial road connecting the mines to port would be the most efficient use of the resources available since Our main focus should be in the strategic areas of the south and the populace centers of the valley.”
_[' ]_

Colfico
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Colfico » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:37 pm

Sebastian considered it for a moment, before shaking his head and pointing to several points on the map, and beginning to speak again.

"In theory, however in reality these resources are needed at the places where they will be utilized to produce good quality steel, which is used in many of the products, both military and otherwise, built in Colficoan factories, and focusing all of our industrial power on the coast would make it exceptionally easy for an attacker to cripple the nation in a swift blow from the sea or from the air, not to mention that several steel mills are already present at these points."

Two of them where centrally located on the river to the north, however two more were located closer to the northwest.

"More importantly there are two major production centers here." He pointed to a city on the northern stretch of the river before continuing. "A direct link between those mines, the steel mills, and that center is essential, especially since a major aviation company builds its aircraft at a plant there, including a branch that is currently manufacturing CF-10 Stalkers, and it would be highly detrimental to the strategic situation to continue to have those aircraft produced at the rate that they are now."

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:36 am

Philippa bit her tongue as she followed Sebastian’s fingers. As she did so, she further more cursed the Duchess of Hyrea. When he finished she was quickly formulating a response. She had no desire to draw more attention to her dislike and disinterest of developing the northwest. So she turned to try and appeal to the practical side of things.

“It will cost much. If it is necessary, then it must be built. But such a line will be difficult and costly to maintain in the long run. A more connected and developed south may seem easier to attack, which is all the more reason why it requires more infrastructure to aid in the defense if such an operation were ever to be attempted.”
_[' ]_

Colfico
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Colfico » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:30 pm

He nodded as he listened to his wife's assessment, y was true, and Colfico relied more on skill and speed for it's defense.

"You are right, what is the prefered material that the companies will be using?."

"Asphalt, it is quicker and easier to lay without compromising too much. In less important areas gravel could be utilized instead, but they would not last as long despite being much cheaper. In areas of great importance, concrete and cement could be used, but it would be expensive and take longer to build, and there will be times where bridges will be a necessity."

Sebastian nodded before speaking again. "Then they shall be built it they are necessary."

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:03 am

Philippa nodded her head in agreement. She felt like she had climbed a mountain just to get Sebastian to say that she was right about something. God truly tested her resolve and her strength on this day. The young queen, though adept at observing and understanding maps, as all good royals should be, for geopolitics was the name of the game, she had no clue what the difference was between asphalt, cement or concrete. So she declined to speak on the matter and simply nodded her head with her husband.
_[' ]_

Colfico
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Colfico » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:44 am

"Concrete would certainly be more durable, so I agree, it should be used in vital areas where high traffic would be expected, and thus put greater wear on the road in that area, spare no expense, and use it as much as you can in important areas, the immediate cost will be greater, however the long term benefits would be greater as well. Try to avoid using gravel roads as much as possible, however you may use it wherever it is necessary, or where asphalt would be too difficult and costly to be worth while, as for bridges, they are a necessary part of our infrastructure, the river system makes that a necessary evil for travel by road to be practical at all."

He turned to Philippa, before speaking, asking a question and seeking her input rather than simply making a statement.

"What would your input be on railroads? There has never been a particularly effective rail system in place in Colfico, however the ability to move large quantities of goods and people long distances quickly over land would in my opinion make the cost of establishing one worthwhile."

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:23 pm

Philippa considered the question posed to her. There was no grand railway system in Genes, unless on counted the metropolitan subway and the freight lines that connected the interior to the coast. But Colfico was not Genes, and this was hardly the land tightly compact skyscrapers. This kingdom, at least compared to Genes, was vast.

“I think that a railway is required. If I am not mistaken, there was talk of one between us and the Celestial Empire. I say why shouldn’t we expand on that? A railroad that could take anyone from one end of the country to the other.”
_[' ]_

Colfico
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Colfico » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:44 pm

Sebastian nodded, before thinking of something, before speaking again, again directed towards philippa.

"The nation does have some coal deposits, we could exploit that as a fuel source for the locomotives that will be traveling the line, and in time we could look into an electrical system, however I believe freight should still be left to coal or diesel powered options rather than electrical ones."

He looked back to the buisnessmen before speaking again "It will be something that we will wok on as we can, we may need to outsource to foreign companies early on, but hopefully it will not be too long before Colficoan companies can take over the job entirely."

One of them seemed to perk up, before speaking again.

"Actually, I believe there is a domestic company that can do it, and if they were to collaborate with local steel mills, it could be an entirely domestic effort, even if it would be somewhat slower for now, it would provide a boost to buisness that would help them to bring in more revenue and boost their own abilities, and help the economy as a whole in the long run."

Sebastian thought for a moment, before looking to Philippa and speaking "I agree, it may be worthwhile to take the slower route on the matter."

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:07 am

Philippa again nodded in agreement with Sebastian.she continued to listen, interested by not finding herself diverging from Sebastian in this. It seemed that they were perhaps much more on the same page when it came over to policy and discussion as oppose to when it came to their domestic affairs and their unwelcome guests. Well at least half-unwelcome.

“Slow and steady wins the race they say. And with a more paced approaches, that will give us to adapt and advance as time moves forward to make sure that the most efficient and effective routes are prioritized.”

Philippa did however turn her attention towards the official who had spoken about the domestic company.

“Which company were you thinking of? I have quite a large dowry at my disposal and I see no reason as not to invest in such a project. And perhaps once the people see that the Crown is supporting domestic business growth, they will be encouraged to do the same. The little so like to mimic us,” Philippa said, “so we must be good examples.” It would also aid in her plans to make independent profits for her family.
_[' ]_

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates