NATION

PASSWORD

Royals Life (Meillur Only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Colfico
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Colfico » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:29 pm

"The steel mill in question is Valkian Steel, and the company in question isn't a rail company per day, however they do have experience laying down tracks for local trolleys, it would be a big project for them, but they are good at their job, and with a bit of work, and support they could retool fairly easily, their called Minian Transportation. The locomotives could be produced by Kevin Motors, they have extensive experience with vehicles, including heavy ones such as armored cars and tanks."

Sebastian nodded, before speaking. "I'm familiar with KM, they have been producing armored vehicles for the military for some time now."

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 26, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:48 pm

“Oh, well that is good to know,” said Philippa as she mentally memorized the names of the three companies or interest in the conversation. Steel was a natural choice for the usage of construction and was thus most likely to be quite profitable in the future and for a steady amount, especially if they were given more work in the future. Motor vehicles as well were likely a good investment, as the world was destined to run on them, though she hoped they’d stick to locomotives and military vehicles as opposed to civilian ones if individual models.

“That does remind me. While we may be in agreement in where these roads shall go, and of what make they will be, I do believe it is best we discuss what kind of traffic we wish for them to transport. For long stretches of road between place to place, I of course expect it will primarily be focused on goods transport, but for when those roads are crisscrossing in place, whether it be town or village or city, I do think it be wise to ensure they prioritize human traffic. We want a healthy populace, and walking and biking should be encouraged over driving where can be.”
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature

Colfico
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Colfico » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:23 pm

He nodded, it was a nice thought, however, in reality, enforcing it was neither practical nor efficient, the nation was simply too large to require it.

"Perhaps, although there is a limit to how much it can be encouraged, especially since motor vehicles are by no means the only method of travel used by Colficoans, the majority of citizens who live along the river use it for travel, where boats are the most common method of common travel. Plus in some areas, in the far northern mountains and in certain parts of the river, travel on foot is almost impossible over long distances, or very difficult for those not familiar with those areas, the latter is especially true in the north, the mountains there are particularly treacherous, although fortunately, those that live there are very familiar with the area, as those tribes have been there for centuries, if not millennia."

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:35 pm

Philippa shrugged her shoulders at Sebastian’s comment, finding it small in its consideration. However large a nation, it could be, with the correct management, be well connected on a human scale.

“That is what bikeways and paths are for my dear. If we may cut roads and rails through mountains and over rivers, there is no reason as to why we might not as well creature forms of transportation that are better for our citizens, local businesses and the over all environment.”
_[' ]_

Colfico
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Colfico » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:47 pm

"We can give it the attempt, however I am not exaggerating when I say that those areas are treacherous, I grew up in those mountains, it is almost impossible to get a vehicle, especially heavy construction equipment, up those slopes. That is why the people in that area almost exclusively travel either by foot or on horseback, although that has almost as much to do with their chosen lifestyle as it does the situation of the place where they have chosen to live to begin with."

He had absentmindedly mentioned his tribal origins, however he did not feel any need to conceal it, feeling that perhaps it would be overlooked as the memory that it was, and instead identified as him simply having grown up around them.

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:53 pm

“Mountain horseback riding sounds quite the delight,” Philippa said. “There are few mountains in Genes, a scattered few on the southern border before the vast wastelands. I’ve never been myself, but I have enjoyed the many bike paths that cross through the capital city.” Philippa waved a hand towards the representatives. “If it so difficult to construct such paths in the mountains, best not to waste the time or effort. Better to keep them to the southern coast and flatlands where they will be put to good use.”
_[' ]_

Colfico
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Colfico » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:03 pm

He nodded, before speaking. "It is, however it is not as easy as it sounds, especially on an animal that can be spooked, the paths there can be treacherous, and deadly if not trekked carefully. I know of at least one or two individuals who have fallen to their deaths trying to make the trip unprepared for the danger. I agree, resources should be shifted elsewhere, building there would only damage relations with those tribes, and while they may be more primitive, they should not be underestimated, and they play an important role in helping to secure our northwestern border, their rough riders make up our primary border patrols in that area, and they supply us with an invaluable source of trainers for our mountaineers."

He watched her wave her hand, and thought for a moment before speaking again. "However some work could be done to introduce a few bush planes to the area, their ability to take off and land on short runways would be invaluable in the area."

One of the buisnessmen nodded, before seeming to think for a moment before speaking again.

"There is a model of aircraft that would be well suited to the job, although it is not the prettiest nor the fanciest of aircraft to have ever existed."

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:15 pm

Philippa scoffed. The Genoise, that is the Genoise that Philippa was descended from had never been particularly interesting in preserving the affairs of tribal or indigenous peoples. Her forebears had rid Genes of its original inhabitants, or those who remained were languishing in the rotten remains of the underworld, still scorned by fire and brimstone, left forever in their under class.

“Invaluable…” Philippa waved a hand dismissively. She dropped the topic and turned instead to that of planes. “If we must, I suppose.”
_[' ]_

Colfico
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Colfico » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:23 pm

He narrowed his eyes at the dismissal, however he lessened it somewhat, and managing to hold back the reaction to the offense. He instead gave a calmer response to the one that he was originally going to give her. He was glad that he did, especially in front of the buisnessmen, it would have been very bad indeed.

"Those tribes are more important than you give them credit for, you would be very surprised by how much of a role they have played in bringing Colfico to where it is today, especially when it comes to the military. They have earned the respect and position that they hold now, and with good reason, after all, they have produced some of the most important military figures in Colficoan history."

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:37 am

Philippa smiled and felt a cord strike within her as she looked up at Sebastian. “My dear, we are here to discuss roads and the betterment of the country through infrastructure projects, not to recount the history of the northern tribes.”

The young Queen turn to the businessmen. “Unless of course you all would prefer to discuss that as opposed to your businesses?”
_[' ]_

Colfico
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Colfico » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:34 am

Sebastian nodded, and decided that perhaps revealing his origins to her would likely be a mistake, although one that would likely have to be made eventually...or would it. However there were other matters at the forefront, and his....dislike....for her disrespect of his tribe could wait, at least for now. However the look that that flashed through his eyes was unmistakable, as if Philippa had struck at something very sensitive and deep, as if she had struck something that he cared for very deeply. The look was gone almost immediately, as he returned his focus to the businessmen in front of him, who were likely more aware of his true origin than she was.

"Of course, please continue." However he turned his so that his right arm was facing directly away from her, and so that she could not see the pupils of his eyes, a sign of disrespect and disapproval within the tribe, as it showed a complete disregard for the standing and status of the targeted individual.

One of the businessmen noticed this, being more familiar with the tribal culture than the others, and visibly grimaced for a moment, understanding the insult full and well. However, another one quickly picked up the slack, and continued.

"Foot and horse paths would be better in those areas." He then laid a chart out on the table, before speaking again. "We do have plans for a few motorcycle paths in more important mining areas to allow easy travel there via smaller motorized vehicles."

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:48 pm

Philippa felt a surge of satisfaction at finally having won what felt like a battle with Sebastian, only for that feeling to be snatched away when she noticed the look on the face of one of the businessmen. She wasn’t sure what it was but she could sense that something had happened. What exactly she couldn’t exactly figure. So she dismissed it for a moment and focused instead on the chart of motorcycle paths

“Interesting…” was all the young queen said.
_[' ]_

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates