NATION

PASSWORD

Into the Unknown (IC/Light FanT/OPEN)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Romextly
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Corporate Police State

Into the Unknown (IC/Light FanT/OPEN)

Postby Romextly » Mon May 17, 2021 7:44 pm

The planes flew into Dragon International Airport all day and night to arrive on time for the ceremony. The Empire of Romextly had offered many of it's allies and possible allies a once in a lifetime concession: Cut trade tariffs with Romextly, get vaccines to a certain virus. The nations sent the leaders or delegates with their families, to receive the vaccine. And with great pomp, it was done. On television broadcasted to many nations, each leader or delegate with their family got a dose of vaccination, with cheers all around.

Once the public ceremony had been completed, the Emperor invited them to talk politics. As such families were sent to locations. Spouses in one area of the Summer Palace, 0-11 sent to another area and the teens of 12-17 sent to another area with plenty of entertaining games such as Super Smash Bros, etc. The first years at the South Point had been allowed to join, and thus is where the story begins, with the trio and a strange shaped container...

OOC

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Mon May 17, 2021 8:15 pm

Aquila
Aquila had been flipping the sword quite casually in the air at the time. His buddy, Ayman, was next to him with his friendly grin on. They were waiting in the lobby of where the teens had been told to go. He had seen them pass, none of them attracting attention, except for the two in uniform. There had been some others, but none really to need any further attention to. Of course, his friend Ayman had dragged him here, after practically begging their superior officer to interact with them, basing his argument on cultural interaction. Ultimately, the officer relented and let them come, along with their friend Dimitri.

He would have rather been practicing his sword fighting skills, renowned in the academy, but not much use in modern combat. It was mostly a release of the pent up emotions still stuck within him when he was bullied after his father had mental damage after a brutal car crash. His friend Dimitri was good at sword fighting, but was mostly for his brute power, though had had surprising agility. Speaking of Dimitri, where was he? He turned to Ayman who was looking at the kids walking in.

"Hey Ayman, where's Dimitri?"

"You haven't seen him? I think he went back to the buffet." Ayman replied without looking away.

"Well, I guess I'll have to announce it without him." He said resignedly.

"Yeah, pretty face." Ayman said jokingly. Aquila rolled his eyes. He knew females looked at him, but being quite the heartless monster (Dimitri's words, not his), he generally brushed it aside. If anyone, it would be Ayman that would get a girlfriend before them. He was the most sociable one of them there.

"Listen up everyone. I'm Aquila. This is Ayman. We'll be in charge of here. Do whatever you want, I don't really care. Just don't break anything." He said at the group in his commanding voice. He was internally snug. He was the leader here.

Ayman
Ayman had been looking at the group, casually leaning on a hundred dollar table. His left hand was on the hilt of his sabre, his eyes roving. His smile was large as he hadn't really interacted with people outside of Romextly, and had argued successfully with his commander to allow them here. He had then dragged Aquila and Dimitri to this (which in the cadets considered impossible and even bet on it). Of course he let Aquila assume leadership, as what he really wanted to do was talk.

He secretly assumed Dimitri was off, leaving him and Aquila, but he place some trust in him. After Aquila had made his announcement, he had approached some of them in cadet uniform.

"Good morning to you. What are your names?" he asked to them both.

Dimitri
Dimitri had in fact been thinking of leaving them off after eating the cinnamon rolls, but decided against it. He instead strolled through the massive garden, having thoughts on the next time he would wake up at 7, when an object hit his neck. Looking back, he saw a small golden cylinder with two knobs on the ends of it on the ground. Curious, he lifted it up. He decided against twisting it, and instead opted to return to his friends and account what had just happened. Then he would twist the knobs. He then ventured forth towards the room.

Mosarat
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 17, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mosarat » Tue May 18, 2021 5:20 am

Farrah Hashem the young daughter to the Sultan and Sultana of Mosarat departed from Tasir alone. The nations of Gaia promised to help the nations of Earth with coronavirus. A virus that ravaged that planet. Gaia had been lucky. The affect of the pandemic was small however still people died. Gaia created a vaccine to prevent something like this from happening again. By now the pandemic on Gaia was over but Earth was still going through it. Farrah realized for the good of Earth that she must get the vaccine for Mosarat so the country can help out Earth. She arrived in Romextly.

Kandex
Spokesperson

Founded: May 09, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Kandex » Tue May 18, 2021 7:00 am

Early in the pandemic, Kandex was quick to close it's borders to travel. This meant the relatively few cases early on could be contact traced relatively easily, with the appropriate people quarantined, eliminating the need for large scale lockdown, though the economy still suffered significantly due to an increased burden on trade due to the need for rigorous testing and quarantining. It also had the effect of pushing Kandex over the fence on the question of public welfare, leading to a full commitment to guaranteeing needs. However Kandex more or less made no effort to protect bailout small businesses, further increasing the gap between the rich and everyone else, even ahs impoverishment was virtually eliminated.

One side effect of this was that nobody blinked an eye when the government turned to it's wealthy citizens to act as delegates to try the Romextly Vaccine. This included Honorine Aveline's parents. Honorine wasn't extremely thrilled, but brightened up a lot when she was amde aware that she'd get to meet with other young people. Arriving at with the other teens in a lobby, she spotted two boys in military garb, recognizing them as local cadets. Soon both of them spoke up, and Honorine gave them both a confident and somewhat mischievous smirk, propping a hand on her hip and leaning to the side to subtly show herself off a bit. While she wasn't here to get into a relationship, it didn't hurt to be seen as attractive.

"Don't break anything, huh? How about breaking anyone?" Honorine smiled. The joke intended to get across she was a fighter rather than simply an athlete. "I'm joking, mostly. My name's Honorine." said the tall hazel haired girl.
Last edited by Kandex on Tue May 18, 2021 7:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Earth Allies
Ambassador

Founded: May 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Allies » Tue May 18, 2021 12:01 pm

It had been a while since Covid his. Apollo has been really annoyed by it as he is traveling to the airport while he calls HRM on the phone, Hayden just said, ¨Don't worry, Covid is going to be ending soon. And I forgot I have my doppelganger which I forgot¨ Apollo thinks about it as his cousin because of Earth Allies´ president, HRM´s doppelganger but it's really confusing so ya...as he is on with his tech watch Hayden gave him as he arrives in Dragon Airport. Alone without Hayden´s help, he could not feel like it at the time. He goes down to find a taxi while finding to place. Summer Palace it said. So he found a taxi and said,

¨Summer Palace please.¨ He takes a look at Hayden´s Notebook and found date logs HRM left on it. He started writing on it, saying,

Log 1, 2021, May.

As I now continue my cousin's adventure by going to Terra. Well, Romextly is really a nice place that
He stop because he arrived at Summer Palace. He takes a look inside and just continues writing the log...

it looks like a fantasy here, but right now, I´m seeing two boys with what Hayden would say, ¨ very confidently girl¨ with them. Her name, hmmm her first name was Honorine, sounds familiar with something as I look at those three. Well, I also see some other kids doing their things like playing Super Smash Bros, Zelda, or Minecraft which my cousin would say, ¨Its how kids are these days.¨ Well, I want to know really more about anything so ok. This is Apollo on his first log, and out.

¨Dang, that was freaking nice log¨
Last edited by Earth Allies on Tue May 18, 2021 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
World Health Organization
Part of the ICDN
Earth-1: HRM is head of Starfleet
Earth-NS: NS Forum, HRM is President of Earth Allies

Chads Bizarre Adventure wrote:You always make the best RPs 8)

To boldly..[Insert something here]

Lacienia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Lacienia » Tue May 18, 2021 7:20 pm

The Lacienian Naval Academy, in a clear bid to simultaneously create propaganda and encourage good performance, allowed the two highest scoring students there to accompany the High Consul and his delegation to Romextly. Henry Tanner and Catherine Rogers were the two lucky students who were selected. Neither of them offered a word of complaint and they were soon on a flight to Romextly.

Upon a rather nice introduction to Romextly, both were told to make their way to the room of teens. Again, neither disobeyed and did as told almost immediately. Catherine was the first to enter the room and when she entered, she was greeted with the sight of three people in their late teens. Two of whom appeared to have be Romextlian Cadets. The other was a muscular looking girl. Catherine, upon realizing that she might be the youngest, began scanning the room for any novels that might be worth a read. Henry also began scanning the room, this time to look over the people. Both were interrupted when one of the two cadets from Romextly approached and asked, “Good morning to you. What are your names?”
The response from Henry came near immediately, “Good morning to you too. I am Henry Tanner. Nice to meet you.” Catherine’s response, though slightly more delayed, also came fast, “I too, wish you a good morning. My name is Catherine Rogers. Pleasure to meet you.” Henry, believing that the giving of names was needed, asked, “And now may I ask your name?"
Last edited by Lacienia on Wed May 19, 2021 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My nation does, with the exception of random policies, represent my OOC views.
Founder of CUSP | Join CUSP Today!
Breaking News: High Consul Andrews shot. Condition uncertain.

A small mountainous island at roughly 60.4 N latitude (Iceland). We are an MT-PMT colonial nation. Our leader is chosen for their merits and has near-absolute power as long as the constitution is upheld.
I have done a lot of worldbuilding. I am bringing it in very slowly.

Lacienia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lacienia » Thu May 20, 2021 8:17 pm

/bump

A small mountainous island at roughly 60.4 N latitude (Iceland). We are an MT-PMT colonial nation. Our leader is chosen for their merits and has near-absolute power as long as the constitution is upheld.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Fri May 21, 2021 7:06 pm

Kandex wrote:Early in the pandemic, Kandex was quick to close it's borders to travel. This meant the relatively few cases early on could be contact traced relatively easily, with the appropriate people quarantined, eliminating the need for large scale lockdown, though the economy still suffered significantly due to an increased burden on trade due to the need for rigorous testing and quarantining. It also had the effect of pushing Kandex over the fence on the question of public welfare, leading to a full commitment to guaranteeing needs. However Kandex more or less made no effort to protect bailout small businesses, further increasing the gap between the rich and everyone else, even ahs impoverishment was virtually eliminated.

One side effect of this was that nobody blinked an eye when the government turned to it's wealthy citizens to act as delegates to try the Romextly Vaccine. This included Honorine Aveline's parents. Honorine wasn't extremely thrilled, but brightened up a lot when she was amde aware that she'd get to meet with other young people. Arriving at with the other teens in a lobby, she spotted two boys in military garb, recognizing them as local cadets. Soon both of them spoke up, and Honorine gave them both a confident and somewhat mischievous smirk, propping a hand on her hip and leaning to the side to subtly show herself off a bit. While she wasn't here to get into a relationship, it didn't hurt to be seen as attractive.

"Don't break anything, huh? How about breaking anyone?" Honorine smiled. The joke intended to get across she was a fighter rather than simply an athlete. "I'm joking, mostly. My name's Honorine." said the tall hazel haired girl.

Ayman looked over her, calmly. He offered his own grin in return and nodding his head.
"Well, I certainly wouldn't want to be broken. How would I get to my fun Trigonometry class with my totally young and fun teacher. I'm beggin you please break me. Where are you from?" He always kept his hand on his sword hilt, due to the shouting of the Cadet Officer shouting at him (Oh Aquila). He found her quite interesting, though he did keep his eyes out for Dimitri. He combed through his black hair with his gloved left hand. and waited for the reply, leaning against a table and breaking a porcelain vase. Eyes everywhere, he casually swept it under the table saying.
"That is what not to do. Please don't do it." to everyone calmly

Lacienia wrote:The Lacienian Naval Academy, in a clear bid to simultaneously create propaganda and encourage good performance, allowed the two highest scoring students there to accompany the High Consul and his delegation to Romextly. Henry Tanner and Catherine Rogers were the two lucky students who were selected. Neither of them offered a word of complaint and they were soon on a flight to Romextly.

Upon a rather nice introduction to Romextly, both were told to make their way to the room of teens. Again, neither disobeyed and did as told almost immediately. Catherine was the first to enter the room and when she entered, she was greeted with the sight of three people in their late teens. Two of whom appeared to have be Romextlian Cadets. The other was a muscular looking girl. Catherine, upon realizing that she might be the youngest, began scanning the room for any novels that might be worth a read. Henry also began scanning the room, this time to look over the people. Both were interrupted when one of the two cadets from Romextly approached and asked, “Good morning to you. What are your names?”
The response from Henry came near immediately, “Good morning to you too. I am Henry Tanner. Nice to meet you.” Catherine’s response, though slightly more delayed, also came fast, “I too, wish you a good morning. My name is Catherine Rogers. Pleasure to meet you.” Henry, believing that the giving of names was needed, asked, “And now may I ask your name?"

Aquila nodded an gave his reply.
"Cadet Aquila Scorpius, Honorary Count of Lucua. My friend," he said turning around and noticing that Ayman was talking to the other girl " is Cadet Ayman Dagher. There should be another here, a Cadet Dimitri Stepanovic- Ah, here he is"

Dimitri
Dimitri had moved along and opened the door to the room and saw a group of teens in different places. He had hid the object under his jacket as he leaned over to Aquila as he said something to two cadets.
"Hello you two. Aquila, we have to talk." Without giving him a chance, he pulled him away and showed him the object.

"What the hell was that fo- What is that?" Aquila asked, his brow furrowed.

"I have no idea. I was walking over here when I just found this on the floor. How much is this worth?" He said, his eyes shining.

"I have no idea. Look, let's go into that room. We don't want the others to see. Let me get Ayman." He ran over to Ayman

"Hey Ayman. We found something." He said while Ayman was talking. "Sorry, but he has to leave. Say goodbye to your girlfriend." He said griningly, finally able to turn the tables on him.

"Hey, she's not my girlfriend- you know I can't date- I'm sorry, this is all him!" He directed the last part to Honorine as he was dragged by Aquila. Aquila meanwhile just prayed no one would notice him. He had a clue as to what it might be, but he wasn't sure and didn't want to seem like an idiot in front of strangers.

"Just don't break anything. We'll be back soon. Don't follow us." He shouted at the kids.

"That's going to ensure they follow us." Ayman said, now walking on his own. "What was all that about?"

"Dimitri found something and I think I know what it is."

Garsias
Lobbyist

Founded: May 01, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Garsias » Sat May 22, 2021 7:33 pm

Sebastiano Marcello XI
Romextlyian Royal Academy

Marcello could not believe his new predicament. A day ago, he was an enemy of the state, with almost every SIG (Serviçia Inteligençida Governmental) slowly connecting the dots and linking him to the murders of the private detective and his mother. Today, he is the representative of his country in a foreign country called, Romextly.

Despite this, the only comfort he had was his uniform, or specifically, the Traditional Garsian Army Uniform. This was the uniform once worn by Garsian Army personnel from the 17th to 19th centuries, and once the most advanced and efficient uniform of their time until the start of the 20th century. Though the Garsian Marines wore the uniform as well, this was only in ceremonial or formal situations.

With a peaked cap to complete the uniform, the skull title cuffs and '1' shoulder ranks signified his affiliation to Garsia's most elite marines, the 1st Marine Regiment. Though he only had the silver 'V', his rank of private didn't matter in this country, as he contributed no official military service to his country. Nonetheless, it was enough to show that he was a serviceman, and if anyone dared, he has the training and professionalism to prove it.

So when he walked into the lobby, he held neither authority or fear in his straight and fearless stature. Instinctively, his detective vision activated the moment he entered the room, immediately counting nine individuals (six boys and three girls). Three of the boys were in consistent royal uniforms, another wore a black and white keffiyeh, one other in sporty clothes, and the last one was in a late Victorian era naval uniform; however, the girls attracted half of his attention.

The first was a tan skinned, 175cm tall Arabian girl with black hair, brown eyes, a blue dress and hairband. Judging from her jawline and clean complexion, she was between 13 to 16 years old, as she had no signs of acne ... not yet at least. There was a golden charm bracelet on her left wrist, which was clearly well-preserved, since a faint and clean glint can be seen off it. If there was no reflection, that would have meant that it was dirty, cheap, or made from brass. As far as Marcello cared, that bracelet slashed any chances of concealment - she would have nowhere to hide as long as there was light.

The second was a Caucasian female around his height with dark red hair, turquoise eyes, some freckles, and, most importantly, like her partner, a late 19th century military uniform. Everything from the coat, trousers, dress shoes, insignias, and saber screamed 'navy' to Marcello; being a marine means having a foot in the army and navy. Quite frankly, Marcello was somewhat annoyed, as women from his country served in auxiliary roles, such as law enforcement, intelligence, logistics, and medical. Why would this woman be bearing a male naval uniform of her country? Not that Marcello was sexist, but from what he could gather, her country was either liberal or desperate, very likely a war in the case of the latter.

The last girl was another Caucasian, retaining a 180cm height, brown hair, teal eyes, and a Prussian blue athletic dress with laced combat boots. She stuck out like a metaphorical sore thumb, as she was not only the tallest, but she was the most muscular and boisterous female among the group. She towered him by 15cm, and had a muscle to fat ratio equivalent to some of the skinnier Garsian marines; however, subtlety was clearly not in her vocabulary. The way how she was propping her hand on her hip and forming that impish smirk was completely unsettling; she easily attracts attention. It didn't help that she had an explosive tongue, as the first words that came out of her mouth suggested inflecting bodily harm to something, and though she constituted as a 'joke', it wasn't funny to someone like Marcello, who actually MURDERED people.

"That's quite a triplet." The raven-haired marine-in-training murmured internally, promptly diverting his attention to the boys, "Speaking of such..."

The other three of a kind in question were the three Romextlyian boys, bearing the same uniforms with sabers hanging from their left hips. Two of them were Caucasian, with the other with an olive complexion similar to Marcello himself, though Marcello's half-Japanese facial structure somewhat masked his own by comparison. The leftmost boy was a 172cm tall, green eyed, black haired boy with high cheekbones and an unimposing mesomorph body shape. According to SINE (Serviçia Inteligençida Externa), this was Aquila Scorpius, one of the sons of the Romextlyian royal family. He is no killer unlike Marcello, but SINE confirms that he has excellent swordsmanship, complimented by extraordinary calmness and steadfastness; however, the same Garsian psychologists that confirmed those facts also confirmed that he is somewhat ... irresolute. Marcello can clearly see such emotional weakness via Aquila's precipitous change of pace mid-sentences and his clinginess with the two other boys in question.

Romextly wrote:"Just don't break anything. We'll be back soon. Don't follow us." He shouted at the kids.

"That's going to ensure they follow us." Ayman said, now walking on his own. "What was all that about?"

Indeed, Aquila's little announcement was a pure invitation for curiosity. If either three were to be assassins or undercover operatives, all three would be dead in a matter of minutes or hours, as they essentially announced themselves out in the open. Then again, everyone, including Marcello himself, are teenagers, and as with most others at their age, they are ego personified. It takes more than a miracle for some to mentally become true adults at this age - something which Marcello learned and experienced all together since he was a toddler. When a child has to spy and sellout their family, a child is no longer innocent, never mind trusting and faithful to anyone.

Marcello was instantly suspicious of this development, prompted to walk over and keep himself in range of Aquila. Unfortunately, his aura oozed 'uneasiness' in those who heard or saw him. The skull title cuffs and dominant black color of his uniform didn't help either, which to those none the wiser, would seem that Marcello was a Gestapo or SS official. Nonetheless, that didn't stop him from strolling behind Aquila and his friends, maintaining a watchful eye around and behind him...
Last edited by Garsias on Sat May 22, 2021 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lacienia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lacienia » Sun May 23, 2021 9:36 pm

Catherine and Henry, upon seeing the three cadets leave followed by a teen who looked to be wearing a Garsian Marine Uniform, knew that the Garsian boy was attempting to listen in to Aquila, Ayman, and Dimitri. As such Henry gestured for Catherine to follow him out of the room. After exiting, he proceeded to state, “That Garsian, with his firm expression and the foreboding air around him, seemed to have malicious intent. Perhaps we should intervene and maintain the trust of our hosts.”
“I see that as a fitting way to aid them. We are, after all, in their nation.” Replied Catherine in a firm deviation her usual soft and quiet tone.
Henry, not bothering to take the discussion further set out after the three Romextlians and their shadow. Catherine followed after. With hands on their saber’s hilts, they stepped into the hallway and began walking down it until they could see the young marine.
Last edited by Lacienia on Mon May 24, 2021 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lacienia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lacienia » Wed May 26, 2021 9:03 am

/bump

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Wed May 26, 2021 8:35 pm

Ayman was dragged to the well furbished room, where there was a small table with elegantly colored and designed chairs for use beside it. In one of these sat Dimitri, with the cylindrical device in hand. Ayman finally was able to release his collar from the grip of Aquila and stagger away. Aquila meanwhile moves towards an empty seats, pulls it out slowly and sits in it. Realizing something interesting might happen in the room, Ayman followed suit.

Dimitri looked over to Aquila. "You said you knew something about this?"

Aquila looked at the door and edged himself towards it. "Yes, I believe I might know what it is. Though, word of caution one of the kids in a black uniform was following us. Be on guard in case. On the object. May you pass it?" He extended his arm out.

Dimitri dutifully handed him the cylindrical object saying "Of course, it's no trouble."

Aquila then began to examine the object, writing occasional notes down on a ripped piece of paper. Meanwhile, he tried to fully explain all he knew. "Have you heard of the Legionnaires of Sol?" They both shook their heads. "Seriously? The ones in the mystic costumes, over in Albentor in the Colony of Enomia? They had to move there after the high risk of the people finding to much information on them?"

Dimitri looked at him. "Aquila, most of us don't read more than we have to. I'm trying to improve my physical health while Ayman here tries to get girls."

Ayman looked shocked "I am not chasing girls Dimitri! You know very well there are very few girls I can chase. Stop with the bull crap let Aquila speak."

Aquila rubbed his eyes, as if tired of the bickering and decided to just continue on. "The Legionnaires were formed around 400 A.D. Formed by a man who I can't remember his name, they were formed with the blessing of the King to operate. At the time, there were strange creatures, a few recognizable from roman mythology. These men found that these creatures came from a realm connected to this world. They were released by evil men, who seeked an unknown goal. The Legionnaires quietly killed off the creatures and men. In the habitat of the men, they found artifacts to transport to this realm. The Legionnaires sent brave men to explore and few came back. With those we gained much knowledge that led us to be this advanced. I'm missing much, but I haven't read of them for at least 5 years."

"...And that has to do with this why?" Ayman asked tentively.

"Numbnuts. Even I know. Aquila thinks it might be a relic!" Dimitri stated.

"If this isn't fake, this could be groundbreaking." Aquila said with an excitement not usually expressed by him.

"Woah, woah mates. It's one thing to hear these fairy tale, and another to think they're real. Isn't that from a series?" Ayman said as he spread his arms wide.

"Yes. But the facts are true. I overheard the Duke of Mexicali say that the Legionnaires moved to the new colony. " Aquila said while tapping the side of his head. He then looked up to see a glimpse of a black uniform. "We can see you. No point in hiding."

Garsias
Lobbyist

Founded: May 01, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Garsias » Thu May 27, 2021 3:39 am

Lacienia wrote:Catherine and Henry, upon seeing the three cadets leave followed by a teen who looked to be wearing a Garsian Marine Uniform, knew that the Garsian boy was attempting to listen in to Aquila, Ayman, and Dimitri. As such Henry gestured for Catherine to follow him out of the room. After exiting, he proceeded to state, “That Garsian, with his firm expression and the foreboding air around him, seemed to have malicious intent. Perhaps we should intervene and maintain the trust of our hosts.”
“I see that as a fitting way to aid them. We are, after all, in their nation.” Replied Catherine in a firm deviation her usual soft and quiet tone.
Henry, not bothering to take the discussion further set out after the three Romextlians and their shadow. Catherine followed after. With hands on their saber’s hilts, they stepped into the hallway and began walking down it until they could see the young marine. The private, with his back turned, seemed focused on the Romextlian cadets. As such, he didn’t seem to register that he himself was being followed until the two Lacienian midshipmen were standing behind him at the other end of the room.

"Madre Maria Sangrienta, seems like I'm always being followed." Marcello murmured internally, scrunching a gruff, albeit subtle, scowl on his face as he trailed behind Aquila and his associates. For a few long moments, the only footsteps he heard was of himself and his three objectives in question. His sniper training under his father's guidance was a treacherous ordeal, not because of the computations and disciplines required in becoming a sniper, but the fact that Garsia possesses one of the creepiest places on Earth. It's name? Aokigahara, aka 'Bosque Suiçida'.

According to the indigenous colonial populaces of the Garsian Islas Iaponesas territory, Aokigahara is home to yuurei, or Japanese fantasmas; however, there is a strong reason why Garsias takes this particular place seriously. Hundreds of people, both native and outsiders, commit suicide in Aokigahara, as the forest itself is not only secluded, but there are countless crevices and cliffs easily concealed by rampant vines, foliage, and poor lighting. One can easily be forgotten once he/she has hung, drugged, or flung themselves - accidentally or intentionally - to their death; however, the forest's treacherous geography and seclusion were perfect training grounds for Garsian snipers of every service branch alike. Aside from civilians, cadets easily found themselves lost in a place like Aokigahara, as they are provided no maps, compasses, GPSs, or any other navigational devices - conditions that either induced insanity, anxiety, hallucinations, panic attacks, and/or a combination of everything for those unfit.

So when Marcello ventured down the hallway, he easily can tell that somebody was following him. If this was an urban or forestland environment, he wouldn't have noticed someone else's presence so easily - the former being noisy and populated while the latter is vast and rugged. He didn't need to turn his head to know that a pair of extra footsteps other than his own or Aquila (plus friends) were trailing behind him; however, he mustn't let the third party know that he hears him. For now, he remained 'oblivious', keeping half of his mind focused on the objective in front of him.

Romextly wrote:Ayman was dragged to the well furbished room, where there was a small table with elegantly colored and designed chairs for use beside it. In one of these sat Dimitri, with the cylindrical device in hand. Ayman finally was able to release his collar from the grip of Aquila and stagger away. Aquila meanwhile moves towards an empty seats, pulls it out slowly and sits in it. Realizing something interesting might happen in the room, Ayman followed suit.

Dimitri looked over to Aquila. "You said you knew something about this?"

Aquila looked at the door and edged himself towards it. "Yes, I believe I might know what it is. Though, word of caution one of the kids in a black uniform was following us. Be on guard in case. On the object. May you pass it?" He extended his arm out.

Dimitri dutifully handed him the cylindrical object saying "Of course, it's no trouble."

Aquila then began to examine the object, writing occasional notes down on a ripped piece of paper. Meanwhile, he tried to fully explain all he knew. "Have you heard of the Legionnaires of Sol?" They both shook their heads. "Seriously? The ones in the mystic costumes, over in Albentor in the Colony of Enomia? They had to move there after the high risk of the people finding to much information on them?"

Dimitri looked at him. "Aquila, most of us don't read more than we have to. I'm trying to improve my physical health while Ayman here tries to get girls."

Ayman looked shocked "I am not chasing girls Dimitri! You know very well there are very few girls I can chase. Stop with the bull crap let Aquila speak."

Aquila rubbed his eyes, as if tired of the bickering and decided to just continue on. "The Legionnaires were formed around 400 A.D. Formed by a man who I can't remember his name, they were formed with the blessing of the King to operate. At the time, there were strange creatures, a few recognizable from roman mythology. These men found that these creatures came from a realm connected to this world. They were released by evil men, who seeked an unknown goal. The Legionnaires quietly killed off the creatures and men. In the habitat of the men, they found artifacts to transport to this realm. The Legionnaires sent brave men to explore and few came back. With those we gained much knowledge that led us to be this advanced. I'm missing much, but I haven't read of them for at least 5 years."

"...And that has to do with this why?" Ayman asked tentively.

"Numbnuts. Even I know. Aquila thinks it might be a relic!" Dimitri stated.

"If this isn't fake, this could be groundbreaking." Aquila said with an excitement not usually expressed by him.

"Woah, woah mates. It's one thing to hear these fairy tale, and another to think they're real. Isn't that from a series?" Ayman said as he spread his arms wide.

"Yes. But the facts are true. I overheard the Duke of Mexicali say that the Legionnaires moved to the new colony. " Aquila said while tapping the side of his head. He then looked up to see a glimpse of a black uniform. "We can see you. No point in hiding."

Unfortunately, the trio in question entered a secluded office area, closing and locking the door upon entering. If Marcello was an assassin, the mission was over - he failed to kill his targets before they got to safety. Fortunately, his was the mission was the complete opposite; he needed to PROTECT Aquila and his friends from any potential rogue elements or third parties, such as, the duo that was trailing Marcello.

Speaking of which, there was no point in staring at the door, yet the duo was standing not far from him. Realizing that he was the only thing separating them from the door, he humbly turned around and, like a palace guard, stood at attention with his hands at his side and head staring straight ahead. His gloved hands dared not to touch the ceremonial bayonet-sword on his left hip, as he quickly noticed the duo resting their hands on their sabers.

From a distance, he appeared to look ordinary, standing guard in front of the door to repel any intruders; however, this was a mere smokescreen, allowing him to eavesdrop on the conversation on the other side of the door. Despite the door, he can almost barely hear the trio's muffled voices through the crevices under and beside the door. But Marcello narrowly frowned upon hearing what was being discussed on the other side.

"Legionarios Sol?" The 15-year-old marine-in-training muttered internally, listening and deciphering the information, "400 AD? That's ten years before Rome was sacked by the Visigoths - internal instability and weak emperors had much to with that. To form another legion in that time in history was phenomenal; there was too much chaos and disorder to effectively train and mobilize armies. Either this was a secret society, or a special task force, one which Honorius created in desperation."

Wait ... strange creatures?

"Ah merda..." Marcello cursed in his thoughts, hearing Aquila denounce the Garsian's presence on the other side of the door, "He finally noticed."

But he was more concern about the Lacienians in front of him than the Romextlyians. Nonetheless, he needed to respond to Aquila, knowing it was futile to remain quiet, especially since he and his friends' little announcement had attracted unwanted attention. Quietly clearing his throat, or more like a composed gulp to be exact, Marcello discretely manuevered his left hand behind him and began knocking on the door.

".. / .-- --- ..- .-.. -.. / ... ..- --. --. . ... - / -.-- --- ..- / ... . - / ... .- .. .-.. / .- ... .- .--. -.-.-. / - .... . / .-- .- .-.. .-.. ... / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .... .- ...- . / . .- .-. ... / .. -. / .- / ..-. . .-- / -- --- -- . -. - ..." He cryptically knocked, hopefully if Aquilia and his friends can understand the particular knocking...
Last edited by Garsias on Thu May 27, 2021 3:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kandex
Spokesperson

Founded: May 09, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Kandex » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:24 am

Obviously Honorine was going to follow the cadets wherever they were heading. It wasn't as if she actually took their 'demands' seriously. Not breaking things when you were visiting someone else went without saying after all. So when to the cadets told her and the others not to follow them, she couldn't care less. This didn't mean that she'd follow immediately behind them, she'd wait for others to do the obvious first. The first to do so was a Asian kid who appeared to take himself way too seriously and had been staring at her and others in the group without making the slightest effort to introduce himself, followed by a boy and girl pair in military attire that had stuck together.

With them ahead, Honorine begun following them.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates