NATION

PASSWORD

AVON 90|EJM (WorldVision Song Contest 90)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Tue May 25, 2021 3:25 pm

The same thing happened with Jade Cadwaladr showing her appreciation towards the crowd. Sure it wasn't enough for a lead but it's wasn't a bad score overall. Yoni clapped his hands together and the applause died down, ready for the next load of votes. "Wow, things are starting to get very tight there!"

"You can say that again, Yoni." Andrea said, laughing a little bit.

Yoni chucked as well before he carried on with his bit. "Anyway, 67 points now. And they are going to..."

NATANYA - 067 - 113
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Tue May 25, 2021 3:30 pm

Same post as last time, except replace the artist name with Nah-ah and get rid of the pre-point banter. The cameras now concentrated on Nick, flashing a small cheesy smile as he prepared himself for the next batch of points. "A bit of a disparity between points now. This next nation got a good amount of them in the juries. Here, not as much. With 68 points, please put your hands together for..."

ALEZIAN UNION - 068 - 158
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Tue May 25, 2021 3:35 pm

A huge amount of cheers erupted for Quarter Again. After all, their nation had a successful reunion and now they had a good result to get things off to a good start. Maybe this could be the start of something beautiful. The three hosts chipped in with their own claps before they stopped when the applause did as well. Andrea looked up at the camera and smiled into it, not wanting to waste any time or even say what it was. "And now with that number of points, we have..."

ADAB - 069 - 141
Last edited by Elejamie on Tue May 25, 2021 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Tue May 25, 2021 3:42 pm

Despite there being no Adabian fans in the Riverside Arena due to their government not allowing them to make the trek over, Alina Shawqi still received a warm round of applause just to make sure that she still got even more love. When they stopped, which took a little bit longer than normal as evidenced by Yoni pacing awkwardly, he finally spoke. "Now we're jumping up a bit. And this nation was loved more by you guys than our juries. With 73 points..."

KALOSIA - 073 - 118

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Tue May 25, 2021 3:50 pm

Katrinë Malto showed her appreciation as she got a round of applause from the crowd. The animation played and then we returned to our hosts, waiting for the applause to die down before they could speak again. "And RTVK, good luck with Festival dëla Kanzju Kalosianë." Nick said in his dry style before moving to the next one. "And this is a massive surprise for the little nation that could. With a 76 points to add on to their already impressive total, please show some love for..."

WAISNOR - 076 - 163

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Tue May 25, 2021 3:55 pm

There was another round of applause for Vitaly Chudetsky, as loud and emphatic as it was for the Alezian Union. He had secured his nation's best effort so far with a respectable placing and scoreline to boot so naturally he had to receive something of that calibre. The hosts slowly clapped as well to join in before Andrea looked down at her podium. She then looked back up and smiled at the cameras once again. "Same amount of points total but a different televote score. With 79 televotes it's..."

ACHAEAN REPUBLIC - 079 - 163
Last edited by Elejamie on Tue May 25, 2021 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Tue May 25, 2021 4:04 pm

Awkwamarine received a huge round of applause. The song may not have been generally popular with the home crowd but the small amounts who liked it, coupled with the foreign fans who definitely enjoyed it, were enough to make sure they felt some love. We even heard a faint "¡Felicidades, República Acayana!" from Andrea buried underneath all the applause, just so there can be a bit of love from the Hispano-Elejamian host.

Once the applause died down, it was now Yoni's turn to reveal. "And now a three way tie with this next score. Two of these nations have similar names as well, which might've caused confusion in the past. With 82 points..."

ELJIDA - 082 - 149

BEEPEE - 082 - 152

ELEJAMIE - 082 - 163

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Tue May 25, 2021 4:13 pm

A huge round of applause, the biggest one yet, broke out as a result. Two absolutely brilliant songs and the host's effort which also received a bit of love. They all reacted, with Manoy giving a simple shrug and a small clap that was more for the people he tied with, before we return to the hosts. "An absolutely brilliant effort there, Manoy." Nick said. "And absolutely brilliant efforts from Mary Zaho and Hatima Nazerova as well."

"Absolutely." Yoni said, chiming in with a quick word.

"Anyways, our next batch of televotes and then our top five." Nick said, carrying on his train of thought. With 83 points. It's a returning nation. It's..."

MISTER X - 083 - 167

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Tue May 25, 2021 4:26 pm

Lauren received a huge round of applause, although it wasn't as big as the three that preceded her. Still, it appeared to be Mister X's best result in a long time so naturally she should receive a bit of love for it. The applause died down and now it was time for the hosts to speak. "The top five now." Nick said. "I can't believe we've reached this point already."

"I know, it's like this night should never end." Andrea said. "But I'm afraid it'll have to. Our 5th place in the televotes now. With 88 points and the lead, sorry Manoy, it's..."

LLALTA - 088 - 190
Last edited by Elejamie on Tue May 25, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Tue May 25, 2021 4:32 pm

Lacey received a warm round of applause and reacted accordingly, as well as reacted to her placing. After all, she was now the new leader and, even though it could slip, it was still a good place to be. Especially with the whole drama surrounding the originally planned entrants. Yoni nodded and then spoke up. "Fourth place now. The last nation to get more votes from you, the viewers at home, than our juries here. With 89 points, please give a well-deserved round of applause for our other returnee. It's... "

NEKONI - 089 - 167

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Tue May 25, 2021 4:37 pm

Red/Black received a huge round of applause as well. Sure, it may not have been enough to displace Lacey from the top of the leaderboard but it was still a commendable effort from a returning nation. Again, whether or not the next few Nekonian performances would live up to this will be anyone's guess but let's not worry about it for now. The applause died down and the music got more tense. Yoni then placed his hands down on his podium, not loud enough to be considered a slam but loud enough for it to be picked up. "Our top three. And all three nations have received over 100 televote points. You all must've really loved them. Our third place, with 103 televote points, is..."

PEMECUTAN - 103 - 211

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Tue May 25, 2021 4:46 pm

The duo of Baladewa and Ayu Laksmi celebrated as they moved to the top of the leaderboard as a result of their excellent score. And, depending on the next two sets of scores, it might even be their first podium spot at the competition. Either way, the audience went absolutely wild for their score and in all honesty no one could blame them. This seemed to be a competition full of surprises. "Two countries left now." Nick said as we got a split screen of the last two performers and their respective entourages. "Anything can happen and the points could go anywhere." The camereas zoomed in on one of the remaining competitors before cutting to a different camera doing the same thing to her counterpart. Nick remained silent for a few more seconds. "In second place, with 104 televote points. We have..." He remained silent for a few more seconds to let the tension play out before announcing it.

BRITONISEA - 104 - 228

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Tue May 25, 2021 5:00 pm

Aaliyah Banques and her entourage celebrated. While it was still a jubilant display to see them regain their lead, it was also cautious. There was still one set of votes left and they could make or break it. Just as long as it was 106 or fewer points then she could have a reason to celebrate massively. You could hear a pin drop underneath the tense music once the audience's cheering died down. Nick looked into the camera and smiled into it. "So one country left?" He asked.

"Yes, it appears so." Andrea replied.

"So, who's going to announce this one? Because it's a very big one." Yoni chimed in.

"I've an idea. How about we just say nothing and let it play?" Nick proposed.

"I like that idea." Andrea nodded as she heard his suggestion.

"Same." Yoni said before he looked up at the scoreboard. "Roll VT." The three of them waited in absolute silence before the very last televoting triangle appeared on the screen and made the animation happen, causing one group of people to celebrate wildly and the other to feel a bit disheartened about coming so close but still being proud they made it this far.

MALTA COMINO GOZO - 121 - 242

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Tue May 25, 2021 5:07 pm

As always, click on the picture above to see a bigger version.

1. Malta Comino Gozo (242)
  2. Britonisea (228)
  3. Pemecutan (211)
  4. Llalta (190)
  5. Elejamie (173)
  6. Mister X (167)
  7. Nekoni (167)
  8. Waisnor (163)
  9. Achaean Republic (163)
  10. Alezian Union (158)
  11. Beepee (152)
  12. Eljida (149)
  13. Adab (141)
  14. Teesdexxia (132)
  15. New Douria (126)
  16. Crustyland (124)
  17. Kalosia (118)
  18. Natanya (113)
  19. Northern Beepee (102)
  20. Caryton (96)
  21. Not Auphelia (96)
  22. Scotatrova (92)
  23. Faraby (90)
  24. Axuva (82)
  25. Tödlichebujoku (81)
  26. Hafamarimët (81)
  27. Norrp (80)
  28. Volstranistania (73)
  29. Saviera (70)
  30. Syrche (63)
  31. GKJR (42)
  32. Placely Placington (19)
  33. Auphelia (12)
  34. Vartugia (6)
  35. Antenovaria (0; DSQ)
Last edited by Elejamie on Wed May 26, 2021 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Malta Comino Gozo
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Malta Comino Gozo » Tue May 25, 2021 5:21 pm

The nervous MCG team sat there biting their lips and holding hands. They had led all the way through until the last jury. Could they regain the top position again? Just like before country after country was announced. Her heart pounded, and her hands began to feel clammy against her bouncing knee. We were down to the top 10, then top 5! Malta Comino Gozo was yet to be announced. Suddenly Britonisea who was first received their televote score in second pushing them to first. The Cameras split between the 2 nations as both sat there anxiously. It was one of them. Then the hosts cruelly played out the animation of Malta Comino Gozo's televoting score in silence as the audience cheered the two nations on and roared with screams impatiently waiting to see who would win! They watched and saw MCG's name move to the top of the board! Brooke couldn't look away. Her eyes are unable to comprehend what was happening on the screen above her. And the winner is... with 242 points, MALTA COMINO GOZO! She burst with excitement, audible loud cheers erupt from the crowd and the greenroom as Brooke burst into tears her delegation bouncing around climbing on the sofas. Brooke is mobbed by a group of dancers before she shouts with joy! After some huge celebrations, Brooke carrying her large MCG flag makes her way to the stage to collect her trophy from last years winners, 5ive! There is a shot of the audience before we cut to a stage view. The MCG delegation is now on the stage. Brooke breaks down into tears again being presented her trophy by her actual friends from back home. The crowd goes wild and the stage is full of the MCG delegation waving flags and taking videos. The hosts approach Brooke. "How does it feel?" they ask. "I can't believe it!!! "Brooke gasps for air and wfats her face with excitement. "YESSSS! Thank you all so much!! Thank you! Grazzi!" The crowd erupts again. Malta Comino Gozo had another victory!

A retro introduction with jazzy music is played on screen for the viewers at home, whilst the viewers in the Riverside Arena had the same opening display and jazzy music on the LED's. The opening was like the opening to a silent film. The words "Brooke Galea Presents" and "Don't Come Close were portrayed to all the viewers on a snazzy gold and black background. Brook would be accompanied on stage by"The Jazz House Swing" A 16 strong professional Jazz Swing Dance group from MCG. The words fade for the viewers at home onto a gramophone playing centre stage on an old fashioned wooden dining table as the song intro starts. The camera effect is black and white and gritty. The dining table which is situated right at the back of the stage on the top right which is elevated above the main part of the stage. is adorned with melted candles and cold plates of food to signify Brooke has been waiting some time for her "lover" to get back home. The camera zooms out slightly as a well-dressed man walks over and stops the Gramophone abruptly and places a big speaker in front of it before turning it on. As he turns it on the beginning bars of the song begin to play and he walks off stage. The camera then zooms out from the gramophone before it fades into colour with no effects as Brooke sings. The camera turns to an angled close up from Brooke's right of Brooke who is sitting at the head of the table behind the Gramophone. She is wearing a headpiece microphone. Her skin is the hue of English oak in spring rains, and she was this beautiful from the first rays of dawn to the serenade of every starlit night. She is wearing a sparkly black sequin dress that covers one arm adorned with pink shapes. Her hair is in a ponytail and two beautiful gold earrings hang down from her ears. Brooke wanted some glamorous earrings as they speak to her of feminine energy, of grace and beauty, the kind that brings real strength to the soul. She is drumming her fingers on the table and her face is slumped down, her right hand's supporting her head up, by her elbow resting on the table. She is looking exasperated and genuinely annoyed at her "lover" being late home once again. As she sings "For you to get back home" she looks down at her phone on the table to check the time and rolls her eyes. After she sings "Now I am feeling blurred" she sighs and slumps her shoulder down again. As the first verse finishes, and the backing singers sing "You better choose your battles right" she suddenly stands up, kicking her chair background so it slides backwards from the dining table, as she comes to her senses. The crowd cheers loudly. A renewed sense of freedom is on her face, and she smirks slightly. We hear the 4 female backing singers who are off-stage sing "You better choose your battles right"

All alone waiting
So finished
With hanging fire
For you to get back home
Been waiting, frustrating for such a long time
Now I am feeling blurred
(You better choose your battles right)

Brooke makes her way around the table to stand in front of it. The spotlight follows her. She wiggles her finger at the camera as she sings "Is it safe to say that you weren't the person.. " as if she is telling her "Lover" off.

Is it safe to say that you weren't the person
Who was intended to save me?
When all that I had was turning out badly
You'll never be the one..

As Brooke sings "Not in this life", the camera whooshes off to the left in fine transition tothe group of dancers, 0:58 centre stage. The dancers are all lit up in glowing spotlights, though the background remains black. The crowd cheers. At the front is her "Lover" wearing a black hat white shirt and black waistcoat and tie. He has been out all night partying and he and his 15 string dance troupe show off their moves to the camera.

To transform me
Not in this life
Proceeding onward
I'm changing my ways
I should be so strong
Despite the fact that we get along
So baby
Don't come close!

The dancers move like water transformed by music, flowing in graceful arcs, limbs in constant motion, painting a picture sound alone can never achieve. They bring a wordless interpretation of the beats, of the soft brass, in a way the audience can understand no matter what language they speak. In that way, their dance isn't simply movement, but the most honest form of communication we know. Brooke is off-screen singing. The camera floats around just above the stage floor capturing the whole dance act in motion head-on, it sways gently from left to right as the group dances.

Ha!
Don't come close!
I'm better off without you
(Don't come close!)
Don't come close!
Don't come close!
I'm better off without you!

The camera fades out to Brooke standing on the far left of the stage ( the audiences right). she has made her way down the steps onto the main stage. Her dress glittering in the spotlights. She has a cheeky smirk on her face. The scene has changed from the dining room of her house to a moonlit sky with a skyline, 1:32 that is moving on the background LED. The wireframe lights shine fluorescent orange and pink. The camera cuts to a near stage shot side-on, as Brooke walk's on the spot the moving background gives the impression she is actually walking. A ballroom door appears on the left-hand side of the LED and moves towards Brooke. The camera magic makes it look like she steps through it as the camera cuts to an indoor shot of the ballroom. The LED once again turns black as the verse finishes.

Oh, what you see ..is what you get!
And you ain't seen.. nothing yet!
They say that I broke a man down
For not giving me .. the respect that I deserve
(You better choose your battles right)

The spotlights once again light up the main stage in golden yellow and in snow white as the camera quickly cuts to the onstage camera of a group of dancers, 1:46dancing in the centre of the stage. The camera floats between them as they part to let it through towards Brooke on the right side of the stage again, who has now been accompanied by 7 dancers, she is stood on the right. (circled in red in the video) They begin to dance in what looks like a dance battle as she has arrived at the ballroom where her "Lover" has been spending the night, instead of with her. The dancers could never be captured by a simple photograph, any snapshot in time could never be enough to capture what their moving forms conveyed. They were joy and laughter, love and grace, emotions are given a physical form.

Is it safe to say that you weren't the person
Who was intended to save me?
When all that I had was turning out badly
You'll never be the one..

Brooke carries on dancing and singing, the onstage camera capturing their moves as they dance energetically. The camera starts closing in on Brooke, she is smiling proudly and as Brooke sings "I should be so strong" the camera sweeps left to a group of dancers, 2:02 on the left of the stage. Her "lover" is on the far left of the dancers wearing a black hat, engaging in this dance battle.

To transform me
Not in this life
Proceeding onward
I'm changing my ways
I should be so strong
So boy yeah
Don't come close!

He jumps to the middle, 2:12 as the pre-chorus finishes. The camera pans closer before it slides right towards Brooke's dancers again, one of the dancers is miming the words to the frontal onstage camera. Brooke can be seen singing and making her way to the back of the dancers ready for the next verse. The ladies followed by several other dancers make their way across the stage the camera following to the left as they carry on dancing together.

Ha!
Don't come close!
(Don't come close!)
Don't come close!
Don't Don't come close!

Brooke has made her way to the back of the centre stage and the camera cuts between the middle of the two dance groups where she is stood elegantly a dazzling white spotlight lighting her up. Her powerhouse of a voice fills the arena. Her voice is soulful. Her voice conveys a connection between heart and voice. It's highly emotive and is often capable of executing the riffs, runs and fioritura of the song, especially during this pre-chorus. Her arms are spread out and she swings them upwards dramatically as she sings. We can hear the backing singers accompanying her singing the parts between Brooke's lines. The lights flash dramatically to the bass as the bass kick in towards the end of the verse. Brooke holds the note perfectly and ends her lines with an excited woo! The camerapans out to a group of dancers, 2:50 who have gathered in the centre of the stage. We can still see Brooke behind as she joins in the speaking part of the verse she is moving to the beat, running her hand down her thigh and posing to the beat, almost trying to seduce the audience. She winks as the camera swoops left to four mixed couples dancing joyfully.

So boy don't stand too close to me.. to me ..to meee...
Don't be, don't be another tragedy
Another tragedy
I've burned everybody who had a hand.. to lend....
(I'm better off without you)
WOO!
Don't come close!
I'm better better
Have you got the message?

Firework streams shoot out around the stage edge. The onstage camera which is close to the floor then begins to pan around the dancers clockwise. The whole stage is lit up now in glowing yellow light. The LED's remain black. Confetti rains down onto the stage. Brooke spreads her arms out bathing in the confetti. The couples split up and are then joined by more dancers We now have a view from the back of the stage looking at the dancers with the excited flag-waving jumping crowd in the background. Spotlights are racing around the arena as the dancers spin perform their fantastic choreographed routine. The camera carries on rotating around them before it ends on a female dancer, 3:11 who looks down the camera lens before walking off to the right beckoning Brooke with her hand. Brooke swaggers in from the left and her "Lover" walks in from the right and they meet in the middle. They face each other so we have a side-on view of them both. She waves her finger around in his face before flicking his shoulder, he walks off rejected, she turns to the camera to sing "I'm better off without you" She ends the song smiling proudly with a huge cheeky grin on her face. She jumps up and down shaking her fists with excitement! Malta Comino Gozo had done it again!!!

Yeah you'll never be the one
Proceeding onward
I'm changing my ways
I should be so strong
So boy yeah
Don't come close!
Don't don't come close!

The lights of the arena come on again as the crowd erupts into deafening applause and cheers. The Confetti continues to rain before it slowly halts. Dozens of flags can be seen waving as the camera cuts to one from halfway out into the crowd showing the whole stage. "MCG!" Chants can be heard echoing through the arena. The camera cuts back to an emotional and overwhelmed but still smiling proudly Brooke on stage. We have a facial shot. Her dancers gather around her as she bellows out to the audience, OH MY DAYS!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!" She screams at the top of her lungs! "I love you all! Thank you soooo much!!" The crowd cheers loudly!
Last edited by Malta Comino Gozo on Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Malta Comino Gozo WV Committee member. International Broadcast Alliance founding member. Member of the WMCAverse, Waisnor/Malta Comino Gozo/Carrelie/Alezian Union Achaean_Republic

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates