NATION

PASSWORD

Caliland Election

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

President of Caliland (choose one)

Poll ended at Wed May 05, 2021 7:24 am

Luke Williams
17%
John Baker
50%
Charles D. Goode
No votes
Gregory Reque
17%
Dean Carter
17%
Donald Gibson
No votes
Joey Mitchell
No votes

Total votes : 6

Caliland
Envoy

Founded: Apr 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Caliland Election

Postby Caliland » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:24 am

Today, the first Calilandian National Election kicks off. Candidate registration is open for anyone in the country. The candidates so far are: Luke Williams, a young lawyer in the capital, Wilsonville. John Baker, a farmer turned mail clerk turned cab driver turned pizza delivery guy, lives in the small town of Elk Cove. Finally there is Dr. Charles D. Goode, a physician who took an early retirement and moved to Wilsonville, volunteers at a local clinic on some days. More candidates are expected to join the race, but these three are considered the top favorites to win. Candidate registration is now closed.
Here are the candidate's basic stances on some isssues:

Luke Williams: pro-gun (only handguns, no concealed carry), pro- environment (popular with those who want to run an experimental eco-utopia), minimal bureaucracy, proponent of a national ferry line, expand business opportunities, invest in sports and gyms.

John Baker: anti-gun (except hunting rifles, must be locked up), wants to invest in public transport options, increase local government powers, green energy, expand jury system, avoid becoming an off-shore tax haven, no planned HOA communities.

Charles Goode: no guns (except hunting rifles, must be registered and locked up), experiment with welfare or Universal Basic Income, some taxes, supports extradition of criminals back to US, national police force, pollution regulations, possible addition of representative legislative chamber.

Dean Carter: some guns (only handguns and hunting rifles, must be registered), invest in local industries, lifting of fishing regulations, invest in innovators and science and education, supports extradition, supports SNAP or EBT-style system, more local jurisdiction, wants to invest in parks and green spaces.

Joey Mitchell: no guns (except Nerf and water guns), reduce teacher salaries, reduce school hours and increase vacation days, subsidize video game industry, remove "junk food tax", invest in roads and public utilities, jail time for not picking up your pet's droppings, anti-litter program, expand recycling, minimize traffic congestion, ban corporal or capital punishment.

The international community is invited to show their support for whichever candidate they like.
Last edited by Caliland on Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:05 am, edited 8 times in total.
A direct democracy on islands off the coast of California, where government affairs are filmed for a reality TV show and social media is the only way to vote. Member of UAN & ICDN

Check out my political satire RP

Not a joke nation, just heavy-handed with the humor, but can and will be serious if needed.

Islands Of Ventro
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Islands Of Ventro » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:29 am

Name of candidate: Gregory Reque
City or Island of residence: Twin Cloves
Last edited by Islands Of Ventro on Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Last edited by Islands Of Ventro on Sat April 20th, 1982, edited 69,419 times in total.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⠿⠟⠛⠻⣿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣆⣀⣀⠀⣿⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠻⣿⣿⣿⠅⠛⠋⠈⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢼⣿⣿⣿⣃⠠⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣟⡿⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣛⣛⣫⡄⠀⢸⣦⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⣴⣾⡆⠸⣿⣿⣿⡷⠂⠨⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣦⣤⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⢀⣿⡿⠋⠁⢀⡶⠪⣉⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⢸⣿⣷⣿⣿⣷⣦⡙⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣦⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇

Caliland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Caliland » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:32 am

Islands Of Ventro wrote:Name of candidate: Gregory Reque
City or Island of residence: Islands of Ventro City

I'm afraid it has to be one of the islands shown is the form
A direct democracy on islands off the coast of California, where government affairs are filmed for a reality TV show and social media is the only way to vote. Member of UAN & ICDN

Not a joke nation, just heavy-handed with the humor, but can and will be serious if needed.

Islands Of Ventro
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Islands Of Ventro » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:55 am

The thing you put was confusing, like it was asking me who I want, I wanted him

I fixed mine
Last edited by Islands Of Ventro on Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Islands Of Ventro on Sat April 20th, 1982, edited 69,419 times in total.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⠿⠟⠛⠻⣿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣆⣀⣀⠀⣿⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠻⣿⣿⣿⠅⠛⠋⠈⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢼⣿⣿⣿⣃⠠⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣟⡿⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣛⣛⣫⡄⠀⢸⣦⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⣴⣾⡆⠸⣿⣿⣿⡷⠂⠨⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣦⣤⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⢀⣿⡿⠋⠁⢀⡶⠪⣉⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⢸⣿⣷⣿⣿⣷⣦⡙⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣦⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇

Caliland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Caliland » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:14 am

Three new candidates have entered the race: Gregory Reque, a communist party leader from Twin Coves. Dean Carter, a fisherman from Apolonia, and Joey Mitchell a 5th grade student from Wilsonville.

Caliland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Caliland » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:08 am

I will be setting up a Town Hall thread for anyone to ask a question, and the candidates to answer, and give a better idea of their policies.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:21 am

Name of candidate: Donald Gibson
City or Island of residence: (choose one)
-Wilsonville

Caliland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Caliland » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:59 am

Here is the town hall link: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=503866

Caliland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Election Update

Postby Caliland » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:17 am

Currently there is a four-way tie between Luke Williams, John Baker, Gregory Reque and Dean Carter. In addition, a debate has been scheduled for tomorrow, with all candidates expected to participate.

Caliland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

John Baker wins election

Postby Caliland » Wed May 05, 2021 6:17 am

After tallying the votes all night long, at 3:40 AM, the race was called for John Baker. This morning, his former opponents congratulated him on his win. Here is a portion of his victory speech:
"Ladies and gentlemen, I am truly honored and humbled to be chosen by you to lead this nation. I never thought I would be here. I would like to thank my family, my supporters, and all of the citizens of this great nation!" President-Elect Baker will be inaugurated on Friday, May 7, 2021.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates