NATION

PASSWORD

[TWI-Only] [Semi-Open] [OOC] The Rains

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ainslie
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 15, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ainslie » Tue May 04, 2021 2:03 pm

The Tsunterlands wrote:I have a news post article detailing the aid I'm sending ready to go. Just need to design a banner but it should go out today or tomorrow.

Would it be ok if a state agent were to travel with my foreign workers to basically try a set up worker cooperatives (gotta spread that ideology) and other pro tsunter/cooperatist political organisations?

Good to hear. As long as you at least thinly veil the agent as being there for a purpose that’s benevolent, he should be fine. All the rest is okay.
The Unified Electorates of Ainslie
Discord gdayer, weather alarm man and Officer for Communications and Engagement in The Western Isles.
If you're in The Western Isles, take a look at this to get involved with my nation IC
"Aprosia and Townside: hey, let's do history and culture, things that affect many aspects of our nations
ainslie: hehe alarm go brrrrr"

- Aprosia, 2021

"Ains had a panic attack. His centrism was in danger"
- Domanania, 2019

"Ahnslen gitmo - instead of waterboarding, they torture inmates by making them read scholalry works on political centrism
- Orsandia, 2018

"Factbooks are never finished, as Ains would say"
- Torom, 2018

Martenyika
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 26, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby Martenyika » Tue May 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Ainslie wrote:Especially Martenyika - i've noticed that you set up the potential for aid but haven't actually sent it as per se. Of course, you don't need to necessarily write an IC post about it but if you are it'd be really good to know before the storyline begins to catch up with the modern day more quickly.

I see my next IC post(s) for Serval, and especially Martenyika's official aid effort, taking place a few more days to a week or so later than where we're at now, so we could probably advance the time some.

That would be when more tangible aid and personnel arrive, so there's more for me to work with. I decided that the Martenyikan military will send a small task force along similar lines to Domanania, to provide extra manpower and muscle for search and rescue, aid distribution, and whatever else. A major focus would be on bolstering teams from other WIDA nations, as well as distributing some of their own aid materials. That said, obviously they wouldn't be limited to just working alongside WIDA nation efforts, it's just the primary way Martenyika is going to frame its response.
”Keep the change, ya filthy animal.”

Ioudaia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 13, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Ioudaia » Tue May 04, 2021 4:34 pm

Ainslie wrote:2. That brings me to a question about pacing - as for those that are aiding Norregan and Sud, have all of you posted the immediate IC stuff you wanted to write to bring your people into those islands?

Essentially. You may assume a team similar to the one I posted has landed/will land in each state. I can tack that on to my current post if you'd like, but I thought I'd focus on a smaller group for character-scale RPing.

Ainslie wrote:In a week probably, my aim is to get us up to the real life day with posts but of course I'm happy to allow backdated posts and stuff like that.

So, how will we advance the story? Roughly real time? 'cause I don't actually know much about disaster recovery and how much can be done how quickly.

The Tsunterlands
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 23, 2021
Anarchy

Postby The Tsunterlands » Wed May 05, 2021 10:48 am

Ainslie wrote:Good to hear. As long as you at least thinly veil the agent as being there for a purpose that’s benevolent, he should be fine. All the rest is okay.

Ok, thanks. Posted in news about the aid being sent to the Wake Isles.
The Tsunterlands is a colloquial name. The formal name is the
Cooperative Tsunter Republic (CTR)

Historically a pirate utopia. We have beautiful coasts, mountains, jungles and less beautiful feuding clans.

Weinam
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 23, 2018

Postby Weinam » Fri May 07, 2021 9:10 am

Weinam would like to offer RP (Help, Assistance) to this.
共產黨國家
Western Isles asian nation

Ainslie
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 15, 2016

Postby Ainslie » Fri May 07, 2021 7:32 pm

Ioudaia wrote:Essentially. You may assume a team similar to the one I posted has landed/will land in each state. I can tack that on to my current post if you'd like, but I thought I'd focus on a smaller group for character-scale RPing.

Nah, that's fine - although a post on TWItter may be nice just to make sure that context is occuring

Ioudaia wrote:So, how will we advance the story? Roughly real time? 'cause I don't actually know much about disaster recovery and how much can be done how quickly.

My idea is that the passage of time can be indicated through the posts keverai uploads - i'll include a date and all that every time I post from keverai. Definitely not real time, and that's partially why I'll be asking a few times who's got stuff to upload at certain points, since the speed at which we go can be quite flexible.

That aside, I do hope in the next couple weeks we can get through all the posts about the first week or so of the disaster and then flash forward to the deeper arcs we want to have (and come closer to IRL time) - like the missionaries, the mercenaries, the agents and that kind of thing... obviously, the recovery is going to be quite slow (as in it'll take more time than a usual first world nation would take) so we have some liberty as to how recovered we want wake to be.

Weinam wrote:Weinam would like to offer RP (Help, Assistance) to this.

Is there a specific nation you would support?
The Unified Electorates of Ainslie
Discord gdayer, weather alarm man and Officer for Communications and Engagement in The Western Isles.
If you're in The Western Isles, take a look at this to get involved with my nation IC
"Aprosia and Townside: hey, let's do history and culture, things that affect many aspects of our nations
ainslie: hehe alarm go brrrrr"

- Aprosia, 2021

"Ains had a panic attack. His centrism was in danger"
- Domanania, 2019

"Ahnslen gitmo - instead of waterboarding, they torture inmates by making them read scholalry works on political centrism
- Orsandia, 2018

"Factbooks are never finished, as Ains would say"
- Torom, 2018

Domanania
Envoy

Founded: May 06, 2012

Postby Domanania » Mon May 10, 2021 3:45 am

Well my planning has gone to hell. It may take me longer to get introduced. But i don't want it to slow down anyone else. So don't wait on me to continue posting.
Proud member of The Western Isles

Solaryia
Secretary

Founded: Jan 08, 2020

Postby Solaryia » Mon May 10, 2021 5:12 am

Going to throw a Solaryi doctor working in a field hospital in Sud if that’s alright, Ainslie is going to bring in a badly wounded emergency worker and a local coming in for him to treat I believe.
❅ The Winter Republic ❅
"It looks like the flag a disney princess would have if they became a fascist"
-Eurania 2021

Member of the Western Isles

Ioudaia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 13, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Ioudaia » Wed May 12, 2021 3:12 pm

Ainslie wrote:My idea is that the passage of time can be indicated through the posts keverai uploads - i'll include a date and all that every time I post from keverai. Definitely not real time, and that's partially why I'll be asking a few times who's got stuff to upload at certain points, since the speed at which we go can be quite flexible.

Alrighty. Since my next posts were going to involve Atolla, and their governent has indicated other nations should hold off on aid for the moment, I'm done for the moment.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates