NATION

PASSWORD

Red String of Fate (OOC) (OPEN) (Courting)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shall we continue?

Yes
100%
Yes (skip to day 2)
No votes
No (Have Frozen resolve existing plot-points in lore)
No votes
Remain Postponed
No votes

Total votes : 7

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:11 am

Kyrenaia wrote:SNIP

That'd be correct, I gave the go-ahead for HSE to go ahead and bring in a family member prior to their post. While I might not mind under other circumstances having more than one space-faring nation involved, I gotta say no to the Trossach-Confederation for now.

Scornerse wrote:I didn't really want to say it, but I feel I have to at this point. Using space technology and massive space empires as a crutch is more than a little lame to be quite honest.

The entire back and forth interaction right now with the court photographer is predicated on Eleanore having access to whatever anyone is saying anywhere at will, through Leopold, which really puts a damper on pretty much any plotting.

I mean at least IC Sartana knows something is up from the fact that Leopold immediately knew to go to the court photographer and can guess at spying but basically everyone else can only limit what they say in response to this through OOC decision making.

I can see why you feel this way, given the inherent advantages of Future Tech and how it could be exploitable. I'll see to it that this concern is addressed properly and can't be used to an unnecessary advantage.
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

Kyrenaia
Senator

Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:18 am

The Frozen Forest wrote:
Kyrenaia wrote:SNIP

That'd be correct, I gave the go-ahead for HSE to go ahead and bring in a family member prior to their post. While I might not mind under other circumstances having more than one space-faring nation involved, I gotta say no to the Trossach-Confederation for now.

[...]

No problem, wasn't planning on applying with them anyways - as said, the Confederation is not a monarchy and is mostly interested in their own neck of the woods (read, not earth).
RPing in MT and PT.

Scornerse
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Scornerse » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:05 am

I'd also say that I don't really think the issue with a space empire is worsened by having another one, if anything, it's improved. Because IC it's been said that literally the only thing that stopped an invasion was the offer to join the ball.

Which from a character angle makes sense, but it also makes the situation woefully imbalanced, it's a de facto threat to accept a marriage, or else. At the very least if you have one other space empire that isn't interested in marriage you have a more credible balance of power situation, otherwise the only reason that an invasion wouldn't happen is pretty much entirely OOC.

Another option is just having in-universe deus ex machina aliens that intervene against inter dimensional threats.

The Holy Solar Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Solar Empire » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:25 am

Scornerse wrote:Well, good thing Sartana's stated assumptions about how the Holy Solar Empire views The Frosterians is more or less accurate.

To be fair, the Holy Solar Empire views anyone not in the Empire as barbarians, but they kinda shift around the idea of "Noble barbarians" and so on. One of the critical things that makes a barbarian in their eye sis that they are not participating in the government, because in their eyes, they are the universal empire and all states are already de jure under their administration. Being a primitive carries it's own different set of connotations, but nothing inherently negative by itself.

So in the eyes of the Empire Ivan is a primitive barbarian King, but he could still be respected and treated well, the fact that he is a human and thus one of the chosen people only helps. Eleanore truly loves the King, but she isn't blind to the greater idea that for him to elevate his realm they need to be a part of the system and start using modern technology, its a way of thinking I am hoping to go in on more because it is interesting thing that I rarely get to touch on.

Scornerse wrote:I didn't really want to say it, but I feel I have to at this point. Using space technology and massive space empires as a crutch is more than a little lame to be quite honest.

I mean, I did make an application first, I kinda think it would be nonsensical for Eleanore to not have anything available to her that she likely would have.

Scornerse wrote:The entire back and forth interaction right now with the court photographer is predicated on Eleanore having access to whatever anyone is saying anywhere at will, through Leopold, which really puts a damper on pretty much any plotting.

Well to be fair Leopold himself is now busy, but to be clear he has really good hearing, just not the ability to hear everything. If Leopold truly could hear everything then I think there would have at least been a few other people having an issue by now, I apologize if that hasn't been made clear enough.

Scornerse wrote:I mean at least IC Sartana knows something is up from the fact that Leopold immediately knew to go to the court photographer and can guess at spying but basically everyone else can only limit what they say in response to this through OOC decision making.

Leopold didn't know to go to the court photographer, he just went to ask for her services, it was just that we both got into that plot line and I added your stuff later when it came time to posting.

As I mentioned in the RP, the idea of a court photographer by the pov of an Imperial is someone who will take pictures for the guest, instead of letting the guest do so themselves. I came up with this because I was thinking "What is stopping from someone just taking pictures all willy nilly, and they aren't in the hands of the host?" As far as Leopold was concerned Sartana did something completely legitimate, and any skepticism was drawn barely on the earlier hearing of her first interaction with Asha.

Scornerse wrote:I'd also say that I don't really think the issue with a space empire is worsened by having another one, if anything, it's improved. Because IC it's been said that literally the only thing that stopped an invasion was the offer to join the ball.

Technically it was a suggestion to the Archduke to simply invade the planet, and he was nearly gonna do it when he first mistook the Forestian invitation as an insult.

That said I am all for another FT nations coming along, but I feel that would require a little bit coordination between us before they post. Nova got through early on a small ufo iirc, but another FT player will deal with an unofficial occupation of the system (Which to be fair in my point of view, isn't a big deal because no one else can really do much with it.)

Scornerse wrote:Which from a character angle makes sense, but it also makes the situation woefully imbalanced, it's a de facto threat to accept a marriage, or else. At the very least if you have one other space empire that isn't interested in marriage you have a more credible balance of power situation, otherwise the only reason that an invasion wouldn't happen is pretty much entirely OOC.

Ah, the Archduke has no intention of invading now, that was a suggestion that he has done away with now. The only thing that would make him invade now is if the Frozen Forest or another country did something to make him invade. But he knows his daughter is a big girl and can accept not being married.

Scornerse wrote:Another option is just having in-universe deus ex machina aliens that intervene against inter dimensional threats.

I mean, with how you phrased that it seems like that would kinda change the focus of the RP and take Eleanore out of the story completely, I mean what do you mean by intervene against threats?

If I am to be honest, I think this is a nothing burger really, we just got into a plot point that to be honest I wanna eager to move from after Seraria departed. Which is why I was asking Forest if I could add a new character to spice things up for a new plot line and had Leopold get into a drinking contest.

To be honest, it was the length of this plot line alone that had me ask Forest for inspiration of what Eleanore could do because I didn't wanna get entangled in another suitor related plot line so soon.

Nothing serious, it was just a long response and I didn't wanna make it be seen as intimidating or anything. It's all nothing to big imo, can't wait to read the RP.
Last edited by The Holy Solar Empire on Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
✟ The Holy Solar Empire: A christian majority empire, primarily inspired by the HRE, Rome, and Imperial China ✟ Hello from the 100th Century ✟ Factbook RepositoryThe Holy Solar Empire Overview
✟ I have absolutely no idea how to make a good sig, some of yall crazy. ✟

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:44 pm

holy shit sorry guys but i've had soooo much college work recently and i've just not been able to post

i'll try get something out on the weekend i promise
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL
" We will not bow to your dictation. We are free. We bled to be free.
Who are you to tell us what we may and may not do? We stopped being your slaves an era ago. "
South Reinkalistan is a massive, ecologically-diverse nation notable for its roving student militias and widespread hatred for the elderly.
In the midst of a room-temperature cultural revolution that's lost its momentum, the Party carefully plans its next move.
As the brittle bones of fragile empires begin to crack beneath their own weight, history's symphony reaches crescendo pitch. The future is all but certain.

The Holy Solar Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Solar Empire » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:18 pm

The Frozen Forest wrote:I can see why you feel this way, given the inherent advantages of Future Tech and how it could be exploitable. I'll see to it that this concern is addressed properly and can't be used to an unnecessary advantage.

Just noticed this.

I understand where Scorn's concerns are coming from, but the way I see it to switch things down a tech. Would something like a modern smart phone be too much if everyone else hadn't even discovered the telegraph, I feel that would be up to the OP to decide. Either way I try to justify everything I have and just not leave it there without anything to contextualize it, and I am not trying to "win" anything.

Personally when I came into the RP, I already had a pretty concrete idea for where I wanted to take Eleanore in the story and I think some of the stuff that happened would likely have already occurred, obviously this isn't my story alone to tell so some things I couldn't plan on, but Eleanore likely would still have looked for Seraria, Seraria thus would still get a the device, Leopold might still have met the Admiral it was up in the air who I had him talk to.

But what happens by the end of the story for Eleanore is dependent on what Ivan does IC and Forest does OOC, and what I'm planning could work whether she gets married or not.

South Reinkalistan wrote:holy shit sorry guys but i've had soooo much college work recently and i've just not been able to post

i'll try get something out on the weekend i promise

I don't see any reason to worry personally, life sometimes gets in the way but nothing has moved along to much I think, like with Amenria, take care of yourself first :)
Last edited by The Holy Solar Empire on Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✟ The Holy Solar Empire: A christian majority empire, primarily inspired by the HRE, Rome, and Imperial China ✟ Hello from the 100th Century ✟ Factbook RepositoryThe Holy Solar Empire Overview

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:03 am

Post will be incoming very soon (likely in the next couple hours)
Last edited by The Frozen Forest on Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Biskoth
Civilian

Founded: Feb 27, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Biskoth » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:05 am

Can someone explain this RP

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:13 am

Biskoth wrote:Can someone explain this RP

It's a courting RP, with foreign suitors coming to The Frozen Forest to seek the hand of the King (or just enjoy a ball).

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:43 pm

Post is up! Quite a bit shorter than usual, so I might add a supplementary post tonight for other characters.

Brettenwald
Senator

Founded: May 03, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Brettenwald » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:04 pm

I'm fine with Nova, but I'mma completely ignore the alien cockroach thing if that's okay with you, HSE.
BRETTENWALD
Factbook completion will occur when hell freezes over and this nation is basically what happens at 3 AM when I overdose on Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Game of Thrones. Trans rights or you're getting kneecapped.
Center-right largely-absolute monarchy populated by the majority-pagan descendants of a mix of Vikings, Iron Age German rednecks and the odd shipwreck survivor coming into its own on the world stage during the final stages of a 32-year watershed moment under the watchful eye of an emperor who was never supposed to be one. Strict MT, current year though lore posts are generally asynchronous. Brettain is a catchall demonym, flag waifu by Polish Prussian Commonwealth, NS stats not canon.

The Holy Solar Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Solar Empire » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:07 pm

Brettenwald wrote:I'm fine with Nova, but I'mma completely ignore the alien cockroach thing if that's okay with you, HSE.

Alien cockroach?

Brettenwald
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Brettenwald » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:09 pm

The Holy Solar Empire wrote:
Brettenwald wrote:I'm fine with Nova, but I'mma completely ignore the alien cockroach thing if that's okay with you, HSE.

Alien cockroach?

Blue dude, whatever he is. Muhrir. The guy you dragged in with Eleonore's brother.
BRETTENWALD
Factbook completion will occur when hell freezes over and this nation is basically what happens at 3 AM when I overdose on Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Game of Thrones. Trans rights or you're getting kneecapped.
Center-right largely-absolute monarchy populated by the majority-pagan descendants of a mix of Vikings, Iron Age German rednecks and the odd shipwreck survivor coming into its own on the world stage during the final stages of a 32-year watershed moment under the watchful eye of an emperor who was never supposed to be one. Strict MT, current year though lore posts are generally asynchronous. Brettain is a catchall demonym, flag waifu by Polish Prussian Commonwealth, NS stats not canon.

The Holy Solar Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Solar Empire » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:14 pm

Brettenwald wrote:
The Holy Solar Empire wrote:Alien cockroach?

Blue dude, whatever he is. Muhrir. The guy you dragged in with Eleonore's brother.

How dare you compare him to a cockroach!

His biology is more reminiscent of a mollusk thank you.
Last edited by The Holy Solar Empire on Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Holy Solar Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Solar Empire » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:31 pm

Seems like I'm having some headaches recently, I'm still looking forward to a chance that Eleanore and Sartana can meet properly within a post or two, but my own post in general might be take a bit longer than usual.

Brettenwald
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Brettenwald » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:16 am

Should have a post up tomorrow.
BRETTENWALD

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:20 am

Brettenwald wrote:Should have a post up tomorrow.

Bet, looking forwards to it!

Brettenwald
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Brettenwald » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:05 am

Sorry it's been taking so long, college has just been... aaaaaaaaasaddsfsfgjkpahdnnqwefjmv kill me, basically.
BRETTENWALD

The Saucer Pilots
Attaché

Founded: Aug 15, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Saucer Pilots » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:12 pm

Eh, she's basically human. Just fun-sized to eat less and to fit inside cramped living spaces. But hoo boy! Aliens and magic. I really should've thought of the wackiness that all Tech levels entails when I signed up, it's a real trip. Not complaining though, it's been fun. If I'd have known things would get this crazy, I'd have signed up with a Ranma-chan expy from the start.

I'll get a post up soon, but I'm a little stumped over how to describe the fortress' exterior. How much of that is necessary Frozen Forest?
The Great Air Domain
Not-Fully-Automated So-So Bi Space "Communism", the nation. Also, responsible for the half-truths around 1950s UFO sightings.
Basics / Nova: Earth's Nanny / Nova's VIPs / Military (?) / Weather Balloon: A Story/ The Men in Black/The Majestic 12: America's real govt.
This nation started as a semi-comical attempt as to reason why supposedly advanced aliens do a lot of convoluted, redundant and outright dumb things in Ufology.

The Holy Solar Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Solar Empire » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:13 pm

Just posted a big one, I am sure I did enough to make everything neat and compact, I am sure it could do with a few more drafts, it went a bit sharp into offense, but I think it's serviceable. Everything said was built up with what came before, and I think this plot line has gotten really interesting.

I gotta say I love your character work Scorn, this has been the most engaging RP I ever had thank you :)

I do think we should wait a tad so Forest can catch up however.

Scornerse
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Scornerse » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:07 am

hmm, Eleanore's guess is based entirely around hearing Melanie say 'it is done" and Sartana mentioning Arissa as a potential target of Eleanore to Seraria. That's a lot to get out of so little.

One could just as easily assume that this was Eleanore's plot and being caught in it, is attempting to pin it on Sartana. After all, Sartana's been generally overt, she's not the one planting recording devices.

The Holy Solar Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Solar Empire » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:20 am

Scornerse wrote:hmm, Eleanore's guess is based entirely around hearing Melanie say 'it is done" and Sartana mentioning Arissa as a potential target of Eleanore to Seraria. That's a lot to get out of so little.

One could just as easily assume that this was Eleanore's plot and being caught in it, is attempting to pin it on Sartana. After all, Sartana's been generally overt, she's not the one planting recording devices.

I mean, when I called it a baby monitor that was kinda accurate, but that would be an interesting road, it depends on how it is spinned and how Forest decides to react to it as well as the rational too, but then again give the heated moment between Asha and Sartana I think it would be interesting nonetheless.

As for how Eleanore came to her conclusion, I think i did pretty well to go into the rational, as well I think I can be proud in at least having established early on that she is an extremely intelligent person, such as when she was reading out the Lunar King and then Ari in their conversations.

I hope Forest is okay, looking forward to their next post :)

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:10 am

Hey all! So I’ve been absent for a couple days. Had some serious offline issues that I had to resolve, relating to Covid. Things are fine now, but I apologize for the unannounced disappearance. I’ll be reading the IC and making a post later today. From what I’ve seen, everyone is writing some fantastic stuff and I’m really excited to get responses going.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:11 pm

My brain has now recovered enough from exams that I can write...probably. Post should be up later today.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

The Holy Solar Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Solar Empire » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:15 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:My brain has now recovered enough from exams that I can write...probably. Post should be up later today.

Yay!

Whoop whoop!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates