NATION

PASSWORD

Red String of Fate (OOC) (OPEN) (Courting)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shall we continue?

Yes
100%
Yes (skip to day 2)
No votes
No (Have Frozen resolve existing plot-points in lore)
No votes
Remain Postponed
No votes

Total votes : 7

The Holy Solar Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Solar Empire » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:25 pm

Scornerse wrote:I regret using the phrase Mary sue as it appears to have caused some blanking out on everything in the post that preceded it.

My concern was that Eleanore has no discernable shortcomings relative to every other character.

I think it's been addressed.

She has her short comings, I'm just willing to admit I haven't presented them all consistently.
✟ The Holy Solar Empire: A christian majority empire, primarily inspired by the HRE, Rome, and Imperial China ✟ Hello from the 100th Century ✟ Factbook RepositoryThe Holy Solar Empire Overview
✟ I have absolutely no idea how to make a good sig, some of yall crazy. ✟

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:32 pm

So I spent some time reflecting on what was said and quite frankly I'm not sure how to address much of it, or rather most of it. I've written out a response probably three times now, and I've just decided to admit that I don't know how to address it and instead deal with it in a general way. I'm not going to address most of the points made just due to how much was written, I don't even know where I would start with that.

1) This is directed at everyone: If for some reason you aren't happy with how the plot is progressing for your character, telegram me. What I mean by that is that I'd like y'all to be able to voice concerns to me without worrying, so if you feel things are progressing too slowly or too quickly, or if you'd like more breathing room for your characters to interact with say, another suitor or what have you, then that should be able to happen. My primary goal is and has been to tell a good but believable story. With that said...

2) I do stand behind the novel concept of having butterfly-effect styled consequences, which I think y'all have seen up till now especially in the form of the poisoning subplot. Whatever your characters do, no matter how little or small there should be benefits and consequences of some kind which might not become apparent until later on. Sometimes these consequences have nothing to do with you and are entirely the work of another character, and I think that's important because it breaths life into the RP. It also works to demonstrate that a characters actions do matter, especially since all events in RSOF will be considered Canon after the fact.

3) RSOF is a hybrid RP, neither fully sandbox nor railroaded. I've been on NS for about 9 years now and in that time I've seen hundreds of RP's die because players aren't able to engage with the world's they find themselves in. I've seen many, many OP's craft beautiful settings and then release their players onto them and expect them to make up a story all by themselves. When I first thought about doing RSOF I decided to take lessons that I'd picked up over the years and apply them here, experimenting as I went along to fine tune a system that could handle multiple plotlines simultaneously while also engaging players, developing the world, working towards a central goal and be sustainable for myself (the OP). I decided that it would be smarter to take on a role more akin to a Dungeon Master in DnD, and mixing that role with the traditional methods of RP here on Nationstates.

With that said, I feel RSOF is definitely unique from other RP's of it's type and caliber, and I fully consider the experiment that is RSOF to be a success given it's been a whole year and we're still at it (that's not to mention the great storytelling that has happened so far, or the detail put into so many posts over time). Despite that however, It's important to acknowledge that because of the system's at play as well as spiraling consequences, that this has evolved from just a simple Romance RP to encompassing many more themes simultaneously, from horror to romance to thriller depending on which character you happen to be reading at that moment. I also understand this could be frustrating for anyone who wasn't prepared for this more complex type of RP, especially since it wasn't indicated before hand that this was what RSOF would become.

4) I don't have a favorite character, and I won't play favorites with any particular player. I feel this should be obvious since every character has been part of one complex sub-plot or another but I want to reaffirm it. In regards to FT generally, I have to maintain some level of regulation over what sort of technology is allowed to be used within RSOF so that things remain fair for everyone, and I would crack down if tech was misused as a Deus-Ex-Machina. With that said, I am also aware of what Scornerse brought up regarding the possibility of using multiple characters to juggle responsibilities or solve problems in an unfair way.

In regards to that, I will intervene if I feel a player is utilizing their characters unfairly. I don't have any issues with multiple characters so long as the characters act within their own independent goals and personalities, with say bodyguards/servants being the exception.

5. RSOF is approaching it's climax for day one, and day two won't be as long as day one, especially depending on when Ivan falls for/decides upon a suitor. I mentioned it briefly before, but after RSOF is finished I'm hoping to have a short break and then proceed into a follow on RP of some kind, set somewhere in-between the end of RSOF (which would be April 23rd, 2021 at the latest) and the current day. With that in mind I'd like to reach the conclusion of RSOF on a good note with y'all.

___

Next post will be up this weekend, apologies for the wait!
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

The Holy Solar Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Solar Empire » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:53 am

Can't wait for the next post, ngl lie but this has been giving my inspiration to do my own courting RP, these seem to be fun.
✟ The Holy Solar Empire: A christian majority empire, primarily inspired by the HRE, Rome, and Imperial China ✟ Hello from the 100th Century ✟ Factbook RepositoryThe Holy Solar Empire Overview

The Holy Solar Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Solar Empire » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:11 am

Man, thank god the IC hasn't been updated yet.

Elden Ring has taken up my entire life so far, lol.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:18 pm

The Holy Solar Empire wrote:Man, thank god the IC hasn't been updated yet.

Elden Ring has taken up my entire life so far, lol.

Aight see you next year.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Scornerse
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Scornerse » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:43 am

Sorry If I caused things to die down again, was really looking forward to Sartana's confrontation with Eleanore, even if I seemed kind of annoyed.

Nevermind all the other interactions to be had.

The Holy Solar Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Solar Empire » Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:45 am

I'm actually a bit thankful that things have stalled again, I've had a couple bad weeks being sick and was a bit worried of being left behind again.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:09 am

Been a while, but I posted :lol:
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:33 pm

So it's been another month and we've had another hiatus, still I'd like to resolve RSOF if y'all are still with me. I've set up a poll and I'll let it run for two or three days so that I can get a feel for what y'all want to do moving forwards.

Brettenwald
Senator

Founded: May 03, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Brettenwald » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:34 pm

I'm dying mentally but this semester's gonna be over in like three weeks and then maybe I'll have the energy to actually write seriously. I want to keep going, but right now NS isn't something I can prioritize.
BRETTENWALD
Factbook completion will occur when hell freezes over and this nation is basically what happens at 3 AM when I overdose on Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Game of Thrones. Trans rights or you're getting kneecapped.
Center-right largely-absolute monarchy populated by the majority-pagan descendants of a mix of Vikings, Iron Age German rednecks and the odd shipwreck survivor coming into its own on the world stage during the final stages of a 32-year watershed moment under the watchful eye of an emperor who was never supposed to be one. Strict MT, current year though lore posts are generally asynchronous. Brettain is a catchall demonym, flag waifu by Polish Prussian Commonwealth, NS stats not canon.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:51 pm

Brettenwald wrote:I'm dying mentally but this semester's gonna be over in like three weeks and then maybe I'll have the energy to actually write seriously. I want to keep going, but right now NS isn't something I can prioritize.

Real life should always take priority so don't sweat it, let's RP together again when things settle down.

For those of you curious about the various important groups that need to be captured. There are of course a good number of sub-factions within each of these groups, so consider it an oversimplification. These are the pillars by which the monarchy is able to maintain it's power. In regards to Nobility "young" refers to the pedigree of the family not of the individual members. A "young unlanded" refers to a noble family which has no notable lands nor an old pedigree, so called young nobility or minor nobility. The Old Guard consists of both unlanded and landed families who existed prior to the year 1910.

So far each suitor has managed to gain influence over any one or many pieces of these pillars of power which can be considered their allies, who act in their interest without intervention. On day two those factions who are undecided will choose one suitor or another based on actions which happened in day one as well as the personalities and histories of the suitors.

Naturally though feelings oftentimes trump logic, so Ivan can still end up with any suitor depending on what happens in day one and two. Despite this these pillars to power will still affect the The Frozen Forest regardless, so Ivan taking on a suitor who most of the pillars oppose will have consequences for the new couple.

Anyways I just wanted to graph it for y'all in case we continue and y'all are curious about what groups exist.

The Holy Solar Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Solar Empire » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:19 pm

I'm still open to continuing, I might not be proud of my earlier rust, but I still enjoy it.

Anyways I'm also in a slow burn RP that I need to get a post up for this weekend, just putting it out there.

Also I like your current "flag" Forest :)

Kyrenaia
Senator

Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Sat May 14, 2022 4:46 am

So... this is a note both for me and for you all.
In my post/s in conversation with Ivan, I plan for Amina to pull herself out of the race. She'll request of him to not take it out on Leon or to hold it against Kyrenaia or the Sultanate's people, but she has decided that by her own free will. Her reasons are, among others...
...that she literally knows Ivan for a few hours, has spoken even less with him, and if she marries, she has the luxury among Royalty to be able to marry out of love, not for politics. She likes him, but she is not sure, if she loves him, and she fears, that neither of them has the time to find out, if they do love each other.
...that Marla needs a Father, who loves her, if she would ever receive one, and not to be seen as something like a piece of furniture Amina wants to bring into the marriage. Seeing that the two spoke even less with each other then Ivan and Amina, she can not guarantee her child's happiness.
...that Amina wants to know her lands in good hands until Marla can take them over. Much like Ivan, she is responsible for her people and she does and continues to want to do her best for them, not for herself.
...that, OOC-wise, I need her elsewhere and unmarried. ; )

All this will lead to her telling Ivan, that she'll pull out and that he should consider very carefully, who he chooses. A pretty face and a nice pair of tits might make for a few fun nights, but a Ruler's Consort has to have a bit more going for her (and she'll tell him that in those words).

If there are questions, please feel free to ask.
RPing in MT and PT.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sat May 14, 2022 5:21 am

The Frozen Forest wrote:
Brettenwald wrote:I'm dying mentally but this semester's gonna be over in like three weeks and then maybe I'll have the energy to actually write seriously. I want to keep going, but right now NS isn't something I can prioritize.

Real life should always take priority so don't sweat it, let's RP together again when things settle down.

For those of you curious about the various important groups that need to be captured. There are of course a good number of sub-factions within each of these groups, so consider it an oversimplification. These are the pillars by which the monarchy is able to maintain it's power. In regards to Nobility "young" refers to the pedigree of the family not of the individual members. A "young unlanded" refers to a noble family which has no notable lands nor an old pedigree, so called young nobility or minor nobility. The Old Guard consists of both unlanded and landed families who existed prior to the year 1910.

So far each suitor has managed to gain influence over any one or many pieces of these pillars of power which can be considered their allies, who act in their interest without intervention. On day two those factions who are undecided will choose one suitor or another based on actions which happened in day one as well as the personalities and histories of the suitors.

Naturally though feelings oftentimes trump logic, so Ivan can still end up with any suitor depending on what happens in day one and two. Despite this these pillars to power will still affect the The Frozen Forest regardless, so Ivan taking on a suitor who most of the pillars oppose will have consequences for the new couple.

Anyways I just wanted to graph it for y'all in case we continue and y'all are curious about what groups exist.

I figure Yali could try to win over both the people and the religious figures. Maybe the military too, but that's less certain.

Scornerse
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Scornerse » Sat May 14, 2022 1:08 pm

The Frozen Forest wrote:

I guess Sartana's got the Torgeirists and will probably get left wing parties and the working class. After that she has some ideas about who's she's winning/can win, but that's a surprise. Rest of day one will probably be spent trying to find Ivan and maybe a little opportunistic tangling.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sun May 15, 2022 8:59 pm

Scornerse wrote:
The Frozen Forest wrote:Real life should always take priority so don't sweat it, let's RP together again when things settle down.

I guess Sartana's got the Torgeirists and will probably get left wing parties and the working class. After that she has some ideas about who's she's winning/can win, but that's a surprise. Rest of day one will probably be spent trying to find Ivan and maybe a little opportunistic tangling.

Sarta and Yali out trolling each other when?

Scornerse
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Scornerse » Mon May 16, 2022 6:13 am

A m e n r i a wrote:
Scornerse wrote:

Sarta and Yali out trolling each other when?

Probably not. Sartana doesn't like gossiping or verbal insults that much. If Sartana gets in a verbal confrontation with someone, its usually because she thinks she can win a physical altercation. Even if she cant do anything at the moment, she wants her targets to constantly watch their back when by themselves.

I'm assuming she'd be aware if Yali's strength is beyond anything she can handle, if so, Sartana simple wont be hostile toward her at all. Even if treated with hostility she'll just respond with kindness.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Mon May 16, 2022 6:18 am

best friends arc when?

Scornerse
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Scornerse » Mon May 16, 2022 6:44 am

A m e n r i a wrote:best friends arc when?

Sartana would love to have someone to bully manage the royal court with. With the winner of King Ivan's heart between them helping the other marry Prince Ari.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:54 pm

So! I've made the decision to bring this iteration of RSOF to an end after consulting with various players and getting their opinions. I will be considering RSOF (generally speaking) a success since y'all seemed to have enjoyed it for the most part. As promised before the events of RSOF will be canonized in TFF lore. I'll be working on a follow up RP very, very soon so keep your eyes opened for that if you enjoyed RSOF.

Please feel free to post a resolution post if you'd like - As I said though there will be a follow up soon so do keep that in mind. It's been a pleasure and I look forwards to working with y'all in the future.

Scornerse
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Scornerse » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:03 am

The Frozen Forest wrote:So! I've made the decision to bring this iteration of RSOF to an end after consulting with various players and getting their opinions. I will be considering RSOF (generally speaking) a success since y'all seemed to have enjoyed it for the most part. As promised before the events of RSOF will be canonized in TFF lore. I'll be working on a follow up RP very, very soon so keep your eyes opened for that if you enjoyed RSOF.

Please feel free to post a resolution post if you'd like - As I said though there will be a follow up soon so do keep that in mind. It's been a pleasure and I look forwards to working with y'all in the future.

Well would you look at that, Sartana's schemeing help set off a major governmental crisis and get leadership of both the royal guards and the navy exiled. The rank and file of the Royal Guards still have somewhat a liking of her I think, Ivan needs a queen now more than ever and I imagine the royal guard is embarassed by King's prestige being tarnised and are eager to find a way to make it right.

I suppose as far as Sartana is concerned this isn't a terrible result for her purposes, Ivan's still open and if Elenanore or anyone else had an advantage that's been put on hold for a bit.

Sartana's still more than a little disappointed that she won't be able carry through with Louis' suggestion in order to make sure that being poisioned only counted as the imperial princess' second most painful experience in the Frozen Forest. ;)

Anyway, I'd gladly participate in a follow up if there's space for Sartana.

Awesome Imperium
Minister

Founded: Feb 04, 2021
Democratic Socialists

Postby Awesome Imperium » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:49 am

[img]Appearance%20Goes%20Here[/img]

Name: Julia Ivsilla
Title(s): Emperess of Imperium, Princeps, Praetor Imperials, Queen of Australia, Queen of the Philipines, First consul of Rome, and Rex of Athenea
Nationality: Imperian
House/Family: Julio-Caludiun (extended family from Rome) and House of Venus (current)
Family Crest:n/a
Place of Birth: Palace of Venus (Aphrodite)

Religion: Amerionic Hellenism
Languages Spoken: Latin, Greek, English, French, Hindi, Filipino, Afrikaans.
Travel of Note: Air, Private jet.
Personality: Kind, Sometimes shy but will speak up if needed to, Intelligent, Will be strategic and ruthless if most necessarily needed to but refrains from and tries not to.
Likes: Wildlife, Nature, Animals, Books, Traveling, helping people (that are not snarky a and shrewd advisors)
Dislikes: Governing, shopping, Snarky, and shrewd advsiors, talking to nobility.
Fears: Spiders, the Dark, Knifes, Fire.
Bio: Princess Corona, Julia Ivsilla was born in 1994 in the Palace of Venus Vitrix of Aphrodite Vitrix and was the eldest child of Prince Solace and Princess Asteria. She had her education from Elementary to high school in the Imperial Academy of Pallas Parthenos. While In school Juli won the International history and geography exam as well as the biology and zoology tournaments. She also learned French, Latin, and greek as well as took classes on melee fighting, fencing, and Art. Julia attended College at the University of Sydney, the University of Amitopia, And the Imperial Praetoria Academy where she got a degree in Political Sciences, and Biology and also attained the highest military training in the Empire. After graduating she shadowed presidents Luna Imperivia and Alex Cooper and assumed her position as the Heir Apparent to the Empire at age 21, She founded multiple charities such as BroSheild, Charity of Fortuna, and the Imperial charity for Marine animals. She has also served as Governor of the Philipines, Ambassador to the Hellenic Republic of Greece, and served as Ambassador to Rome. She also led the 24rth Legion of Virgo (Our Legions are named after constellations) and has led a successful campaign in Afrika. When returning home a fire went Blaze in the palace with 100 people perishing including Julia's parents. After this, Her, Brother Austin Became Prince Corona, and Julia became Princeps Imperator Caesarina and Empress of the Imperium. After a Car accident, her brother Austin was hospitalized and in fear that another accident may happen, she instructed the Praetors that in case of a tragedy an heir of the bloodline must remain and has ordered trustworthy ambassadors to search for a possible union which could preserve the bloodline of the Empire.

What will you be bringing with you: (Weapons are forbidden) Un armed Praetors of the praetorian guard, Prince Austin Ivsilla, and her Trusted advisor (best freind) Diana Karlson
What gift will you be presenting to the King: (While a gift isn't required it is recommended as a way of demonstrating prestige or wealth) The King shall receive an honorary cloak and armour forged of golded encrusted with the most rarest of jewels, a laural crown, and a set of ceremonal swords from each province in the empire.
Miscellaneous Information:

The Holy Solar Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Solar Empire » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:29 am

Scornerse wrote:Sartana's still more than a little disappointed that she won't be able carry through with Louis' suggestion in order to make sure that being poisioned only counted as the imperial princess' second most painful experience in the Frozen Forest. ;)

I don't think Sartana would enjoy any second of what would happen tbh.
Last edited by The Holy Solar Empire on Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scornerse
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Scornerse » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:32 pm

The Holy Solar Empire wrote:
Scornerse wrote:Sartana's still more than a little disappointed that she won't be able carry through with Louis' suggestion in order to make sure that being poisioned only counted as the imperial princess' second most painful experience in the Frozen Forest. ;)

I don't think Sartana would enjoy any second of what would happen tbh.

Eh, I remember their verbal confrontation. Eleanore herself figured that just because she's stronger doesn't mean she'd beat Sartana as there's a considerable skill gap. Eleanore doesn't see herself as a fighter and didn't really pick up fighting skills. It makes sense, a powerlifter or bodybuilder can pretty easily lose a fight to a trained martial artist.

Being capable of winning implies that Saratana could tolerate enough of what Eleanore dishes out to get Eleanore to her breaking point first. Presuambly reaching that point would be pretty painful as well, Sartana can tolerate pain in victory and enjoys knowing she's hurt her foe.

In any case, its unlikely that Sartana and Eleanore will ever come to blows, barring another event like this or Eleanore wanting to fight for some reason.
Last edited by Scornerse on Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kyrenaia
Senator

Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:56 pm

The Frozen Forest wrote:So! I've made the decision to bring this iteration of RSOF to an end after consulting with various players and getting their opinions. I will be considering RSOF (generally speaking) a success since y'all seemed to have enjoyed it for the most part. As promised before the events of RSOF will be canonized in TFF lore. I'll be working on a follow up RP very, very soon so keep your eyes opened for that if you enjoyed RSOF.

An interesting resolution.
I certainly plan to write a resolution post, but please give me a few days. Need to collect ideas. : D
This luckily and sadly also spares me from writing a very difficult conversation or at least my parts of it. It leaves Amina without the resolution of telling Ivan, what she maybe needed to tell him, both for him, but also for herself. Maybe she'll take a page out of Sigrud's book and write a letter? I don't know yet.
Still, I have plans for her. One of them involves her starting to wear rimless eyewear for cosmetic reasons.
That being said, if you ever decide to set up a continuation, throw me a TG - I'd be up for it, maybe even send someone a bit younger along with Amina and Marla, too. ; )
RPing in MT and PT.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates