NATION

PASSWORD

Red String of Fate (OOC) (OPEN) (Courting)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Shall we continue?

Yes
100%
Yes (skip to day 2)
No votes
No (Have Frozen resolve existing plot-points in lore)
No votes
Remain Postponed
No votes

Total votes : 7

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Red String of Fate (OOC) (OPEN) (Courting)

Postby The Frozen Forest » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:31 am

⭕ Red String of Fate ⭕
IC
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are a Monarch, or a Dictator, a President or a Prime Minister. A lowly Noble or the child of a pedigreed line of Kings. It doesn't matter, irregardless of your rank and status you have received a peculiar letter. At first glance it isn't much, just a regular piece of mail apart from a important looking seal and a small inscription with your name on it. Still it was brought to you with some haste, perhaps now would be a good time to read it?

Addressing all Foreign Heads of State, Nobility or otherwise Interesting Individuals. Presuming you are the named recipient of this particular letter you have been chosen as someone of great importance in their respective homeland and of some interest to the Kingdom of The Frozen Forest. I write to you on behalf of my government and His Majesty, King Ivan of the House Bjork. Our monarchy has existed for more than a thousand years and throughout the centuries we have endured many distasteful situations. The subject of this letter is born of such a distasteful situation as was the death of His Majesty King Alvor of the House Bjork some time ago. When King Alvor died he left his son Ivan to take the throne and while Ivan has proven a capable and adept King, he is still unmarried and without issue, as is his brother the Crown Prince Ari. Such a situation is intolerable and must be remedied.

The Kingdom of The Frozen Forest will be having a ball in order for suitors to court King Ivan. The ball will take place in The Royal Palace in the capital city of Truvaria and all important government officials and nobility will be in attendance. Food will be prepared by some of the finest culinary chefs in the nation and will include both international dishes and local cuisine. Court musicians will perform a number of songs throughout the ball, including dances from various international sources as well as local dances.

Following the conclusion of the ball will be the formal introduction of all foreign debutantes to the court and King. Debutantes will have the opportunity to meet with the most powerful men and women in the country who will in turn likely share their concerns and compliments with the King. Following the end of introductions will be a grand tournament with various events including but not limited to jousting, archery, fencing, dueling, singing, dancing, falconry, marksmanship, martial arts and weightlifting.

While some may find these events disinteresting, I assure you that the ramifications of this event will echo through the world and have many benefits for the family and nation of birth of our future Queen. Ivan will choose a suitor and should they accept, the marriage ceremony will be conducted in The Frozen Forest at a later date. We will cover all costs and will also conduct the ceremony according to Frozen Forestrian customs. If you should happen to have sisters or daughters with which you would like to find a honorable husband, or you want to secure an alliance with our nation, take this as an opportunity. I hope to speak with you or your relatives soon, here in The Frozen Forest.

Cordially
Foreign Minister Igor Rorikson

So! This is my second attempt at finding a spouse for the King of my nation, Ivan Bjork. The first attempt went well but didn't end as conclusively as I hoped. Whether this will be the singular thread for this event or whether it will be broken up for each major "section" (Ball and then Tournament) I haven't decided yet. Regardless everything that happens in this thread will be considered canon lore for The Frozen Forest, as To Pierce a Steel Heart was so long ago.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

King Ivan Bjork

Ivan was born on March 3rd, 1990 in The Royal Palace within the capital city of Truvaria. He is thirty years old and heterosexual, though unmarried. He is the firstborn son of King Alvor Bjork and Queen Charlotte Bjork and is the reigning King of The Frozen Forest. His pedigree is extensive and can be traced back almost seven hundred years, following every King from the founding of the Kingdom to the current day. He is the older brother to Prince Ari and Queen Freja Krueger of Camelone. He is the uncle of Prince Ludwig and Princess Ailish of Camelone.

He is a non-practicing Roman Catholic since birth. Ivan is a military veteran, having served in The Frozen Forestrian Navy and Army between the years of 2007 and 2012 and saw some action in the colonies before his commission ended. He is an egalitarianist and believes that both males and females should have equal opportunity in The Frozen Forest and abroad to do well in their jobs. Additionally he is a Monarchist and believes in the concept of the Divine Right of Kings. He has been a strong enemy of The Frozen Forestrian Communist Party since the age of eight.

When he was younger he was involved in horseback riding, dueling and mountain climbing. He has competed in two horse races unofficially and did well in both. He has been fencing from a young age and is a protege of the late Bernoli Carzett, one of the most talented duelists in The Frozen Forest. Fencing has proven a stable hobby even with his duties as King keeping him busy.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Application

Code: Select all
[box][floatright][img]Appearance Goes Here[/img][/floatright]
[u]Name[/u]:
[u]Title(s)[/u]:
[u]Nationality[/u]:
[u]House/Family[/u]:
[u]Family Crest[/u]:
[u]Place of Birth[/u]:

[u]Age[/u]:
[u]Religion[/u]:
[u]Languages Spoken[/u]:
[u]Travel of Note[/u]:
[u]Personality[/u]:
[u]Likes[/u]:
[u]Dislikes[/u]:
[u]Fears[/u]:
[u]Bio[/u]:

[u]What will you be bringing with you[/u]: (Weapons are forbidden)
[u]What gift will you be presenting to the King[/u]: (While a gift isn't required it is recommended as a way of demonstrating prestige or wealth)
[u]Miscellaneous Information[/u]: [/box]

Guest List

Rules:
>The OP's word is Law
>Humanoids Only (All techs are acceptable)
>Anime Styled Pictures (Anime, Manga, Paintings or drawings can be used for "Appearance." I'm going to say no to actual photographs of people, simply because it looks strange compared to Ivan's photo. Descriptions are acceptable though not preferable)
>At least one paragraphs per post (five lines)
>Grammar is important.
>You may apply with several characters
>Common NS Rules Apply
Last edited by The Frozen Forest on Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:30 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

Kyrenaia
Senator

Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:39 am

Good afternoon, TFF!
With your permission, I would like to jump aboard again - this time with someone younger then Rasha... ; )
Considering, that Ivan is 31 himself, I have someone in mind as well... ; )

Name:
Title:
    Amina bint-Karim, Khana of Sheliak, Beyeha of Sahalla, Juraffa and Hahalla, Flower of Las, Mother to the Orphans.
Nationality:
    Kyrenaians.
House/Family:
    Muaqab House.
Family Crest:
    N/A
Place of Birth:
    Muaqab Palace, Oea, Khanate of Sheliak, Ilkhanate of Utica, Sultanate of Kyrenaia.

Religion:
    Kyrenaian Polytheism.
Languages Spoken:
    Kyrenaian, English, Selkie, Lutetiian, Teressian, can curse in around two dozen more.
Travel of Note:
    Regularly visits the Free Lands of the Selkie.
    2019 Ball at Schloss Zyng.
    2020 Winter Ball in Kaloris, Kuronami.
Personality:
    - While on the job, hard and strict, but a bit more relaxed in private.
    - calm and patient.
    - very proud.
    - harsh, but fair critic
    - swimming, wearing and designing fashion.
    - her ward.
    - meeting new people.
Dislikes:
    - idiots.
    - being called a giantess (to be fair, she is 2.16 m and sometimes wears heels).
Fears:
    - diappointing people.
    - a cage.
Bio:
    Amina was born in 1984 as the oldest daughter of Khan Karim ibn-Tarek and his wife, Khana Amana bint-Fara, a sister of Khana Tiana bint-Fara, the Khana of Las at the time, making her the cousin of Aynur, Ilkhana of Megido and Khana Dilara bint-Samira, the current Khana of Las. From her father's side, she is the Granddaughter of a brother of Tariqa bint-Ilia, thus related to Razia-Sultana. Amina has two younger sisters, Princess Daria bint-Karim and Princess Tiana bint-Amana.
    In 1990, she started her school education, switching to the HGA in 1997. Although Crown Prince Ilia ibn-Razia, at the time 20, considered Amina for the Tribute, she was not chosen ultimately, giving her time to join the Fashion Club and the Swimmer Team, the latter in the Reserve. She graduated in 2003, then did her Service with the 39th Helicopter Brigade, becoming an Air Cavalry Woman and designated markswoman (and a very good shot with the KGS-22 Carbine).
    After that, in 2005, she began her studies in Politics, making her Bachelor in 2009, with side-studies in fashion and fashion design as well. She joined the administration of the Khanate of Sheliak in the same year, convincing her father to search investors to use the natural beauty of Sheliak as a tourist destination, not to mention other avenues of business coming along with it. She had understood, that her home was not a place for classic industry, so she searched for alternative ventures - tourism was but the beginning.
    The plan worked and by 2011, Sheliak was experiencing a rise in economic activity. In 2012, Amina opened the Computer Park, a complex dedicated to teaching young minds how to program and to stimulate older minds in new applications and developments, making Sheliak into a hotbed for digital innovations.
    In 2013, her Father died of a sudden heart attack, Amina ascending to the throne. That year was also the premiere of the Oea Air Race, a large air race held in the city as a tourist attraction, initiated by Karim-Khan due to his love for that sport - the pilots surprised both Amina and the audience by flying in tayar aljanah almafqud, the Kyrenaian Version of the Missing Man Formation. Since then, Amina opens the air race every year.
    In 2015, a competitor of hers and a friend died with his wife in an accident, leaving their daughter, Marla Ribín of the Tribe of Cork, orphaned. Amina took the child in and adopted her - despite a few rough starts, the two could connect and became a good team. It also solved another problem for Amina: The quest for an heir.
    Since 2017, Amina models for Bicíní Industries, a part of the proceeds of every sale made with clothes worn or designed by her going to charity. In 2019, that was for a new children's ward at the Ulu General Hospital in the Khanate of Jazirat Alshahwa, which was in dire need of an upgrade.
    In June 2020, she attended the 2020 Winter Ball in Caloris, Kuronami in search for investors.
What will you be bringing with you:
    Aside from the usual travelling supplies, Amina will attend the ball with her ward Princess Marla bint-Amina (vintage 2009, aged 12) in tow. Marla will attend some of the events, especially the tournament, and will go to bed early on the evening of the ball. In addition to her ward (and said ward's Personal Handmaiden Dilara Turi), Amina will also be accompanied by her Personal Handmaiden Aynur Naem.
What gift will you be presenting to the King:
Miscellaneous Information:
    Amina has a ward in Princess Marla bint-Amina since 2015, who she raises like her own child. Theories as to why Amina so quickly jumped on adopting Marla are plenty, but nothing has been confirmed. Asking her would be considered to be extremely rude (read, I am not sure yet myself).
Last edited by Kyrenaia on Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
RPing in MT and PT.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:14 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:Good afternoon, TFF!
With your permission, I would like to jump aboard again - this time with someone younger then Rasha... ; )
SNIP[/spoiler]

Well it wouldn't be much fun without you along for the ride. It's great to see you again Kyrenaia, Accepted!

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:08 am

Hooray, this is finally rebooted! Not sure if I should send Yali again or someone different this time.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:39 am

The Frozen Forest wrote:
Kyrenaia wrote:Good afternoon, TFF!
SNIP[/spoiler]

Well it wouldn't be much fun without you along for the ride. It's great to see you again Kyrenaia, Accepted!

Thank you, glad to be on board again! : D
Question, the first iteration is uncanonical, right?
RPing in MT and PT.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:42 am

A m e n r i a wrote:Hooray, this is finally rebooted! Not sure if I should send Yali again or someone different this time.

I really should have rebooted this earlier, it's been two years since the last thread so it's pretty overdue. You could app as Yali if you wanted but since much of the original "cast" no longer exists (CTE'd) Yali would likely be one of the only ones from Warm Hearts.
Kyrenaia wrote:
The Frozen Forest wrote:

Yes and no. Technically speaking This was the first iteration, but it died in it's infancy (and it considered uncanonical). The last Iteration is considered semi-canon because it does set up Red String of Fate slightly. There are certain details that I'm striking from lore (Changing Ivan's military service from being in the Middle East to the Frozen Forestrian Colonies for example) but most of it is considered cannon.

One of the big events in Warm Hearts that occurred near the end and was mainly in the background was the overthrow of the Communist government. That still happened and I'll probably keep it cannon, albeit the situation is canonically more complex than it was portrayed in Warm Hearts.

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:09 am

The Frozen Forest wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:Hooray, this is finally rebooted! Not sure if I should send Yali again or someone different this time.

I really should have rebooted this earlier, it's been two years since the last thread so it's pretty overdue. You could app as Yali if you wanted but since much of the original "cast" no longer exists (CTE'd) Yali would likely be one of the only ones from Warm Hearts.
Kyrenaia wrote:

Yes and no. Technically speaking This was the first iteration, but it died in it's infancy (and it considered uncanonical). The last Iteration is considered semi-canon because it does set up Red String of Fate slightly. There are certain details that I'm striking from lore (Changing Ivan's military service from being in the Middle East to the Frozen Forestrian Colonies for example) but most of it is considered cannon.

One of the big events in Warm Hearts that occurred near the end and was mainly in the background was the overthrow of the Communist government. That still happened and I'll probably keep it cannon, albeit the situation is canonically more complex than it was portrayed in Warm Hearts.

I meant Warm Hearts. ; )
So, Amina will follow in the footsteps of two other Kyrenaian Princesses, one of them the Sultana's daughter, who is actually only four years older. But, Amina does have her charmes, as does Oea.
RPing in MT and PT.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:52 am

Kyrenaia wrote:
The Frozen Forest wrote:I really should have rebooted this earlier, it's been two years since the last thread so it's pretty overdue. You could app as Yali if you wanted but since much of the original "cast" no longer exists (CTE'd) Yali would likely be one of the only ones from Warm Hearts.

I meant Warm Hearts. ; )
So, Amina will follow in the footsteps of two other Kyrenaian Princesses, one of them the Sultana's daughter, who is actually only four years older. But, Amina does have her charms, as does Oea.

I've actually been giving your wiki a lookover out of curiosity to what happened with Rasha and Amana post-Warm Hearts. It's interesting to see how Rasha turned out, but what happened with Amana?

Here's an interesting situation I noticed while reading. Amina legally adopted Marla Ribín of the Tribe of Cork. Amina is rumored to be infertile which if true will mean that her and Ivan wouldn't be able to produce children. If Ivan and Amina married then Ivan would be pressured to adopt Marla by the Forestrian Catholic Church. If Marla was willing to accept the adoption she would become the legal and recognized heir to the throne of TFF unless Amina were to become pregnant and produce a male heir. However Kyrenaian law prevents the uniting of crowns by an individual (not sure if that applies internationally but I assume it does?).

Not saying that is how everything would go down but theoretically speaking there is a legal and viable path that could lead to Marla becoming Queen of The Frozen Forest and bringing down an almost 1,000 year old dynasty, if that's something she desired and luck played to her advantage (and of course assuming Amana succeeded in charming Ivan).

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:12 am

The Frozen Forest wrote:
Kyrenaia wrote:

I meant Warm Hearts. ; )
So, Amina will follow in the footsteps of two other Kyrenaian Princesses, one of them the Sultana's daughter, who is actually only four years older. But, Amina does have her charms, as does Oea.

I've actually been giving your wiki a lookover out of curiosity to what happened with Rasha and Amana post-Warm Hearts. It's interesting to see how Rasha turned out, but what happened with Amana?

Here's an interesting situation I noticed while reading. Amina legally adopted Marla Ribín of the Tribe of Cork. Amina is rumored to be infertile which if true will mean that her and Ivan wouldn't be able to produce children. If Ivan and Amina married then Ivan would be pressured to adopt Marla by the Forestrian Catholic Church. If Marla was willing to accept the adoption she would become the legal and recognized heir to the throne of TFF unless Amina were to become pregnant and produce a male heir. However Kyrenaian law prevents the uniting of crowns by an individual (not sure if that applies internationally but I assume it does?).

Not saying that is how everything would go down but theoretically speaking there is a legal and viable path that could lead to Marla becoming Queen of The Frozen Forest and bringing down an almost 1,000 year old dynasty, if that's something she desired and luck played to her advantage (and of course assuming Amana succeeded in charming Ivan).

Amana basically became the Minister of Education of her Father's Khanate and is currently being groomed to be his heiress. She is currently still single, so... ; )

As for the entire legal situation you lined out, first of all, allow me to tell you in OOC, that Amina is not infertile. She just has bad luck with men (being a 2.16 m tall giantess certainly didn't help).
Neither Marla nor Amina desire to bring down the currently reigning dynasty in whichever form, but if it would come to pass, that Marla is adopted by Ivan and that she remains the only child of the couple, she would still not be allowed to unite the crowns of the Khana of Sheliak and Queen of the Frozen Forest - she would, most likely, become Queen, while the Khanate goes to one of her cousins (the law also goes internationally, simply to avoid conflicts of interest as much as possible). The question now is, is the line counted by direct descent and adoption doesn't count or is there a loophole?
As for charming Ivan, we will indeed see how that goes... ; )
RPing in MT and PT.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:45 am

The Frozen Forest wrote:

Kyrenaia wrote:

Which do you think would be funnier? A tomboyish noble with little care for formalities, or a clumsy noble that's kind of airheaded but is genuinely nice?
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.

Polish Prussian Commonwealth
Senator

Founded: Oct 30, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Polish Prussian Commonwealth » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:48 am

oh god oh fuck

HERE WE GO.

Would you prefer the funny war crime pilot aristocrat or the actually insane anger issues aristocrat?
Last edited by Polish Prussian Commonwealth on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Furthermore, I submit that Carthage NSG must be destroyed." t. Marcus Porcius Cato

IC name is "Blauveldt-Ryszana".

A traumatized, but recovering, MT-Early PMT/FanT constitutional monarchy consisting of a personal and constitutional union of two Realms. Features: near-universal gun ownership, governmental dysfunction, terrified Christinaslander Air National Guard personnel counting down the days until they rotate back home, and an eternal standoff with the last of it's former oppressors.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:25 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:
The Frozen Forest wrote:I really should have rebooted this earlier, it's been two years since the last thread so it's pretty overdue. You could app as Yali if you wanted but since much of the original "cast" no longer exists (CTE'd) Yali would likely be one of the only ones from Warm Hearts.

Which do you think would be funnier? A tomboyish noble with little care for formalities, or a clumsy noble that's kind of airheaded but is genuinely nice?

Both are pretty funny but I could see the tomboy being more out of place (and funnier).

Polish Prussian Commonwealth wrote:oh god oh fuck

HERE WE GO.

Would you prefer the funny war crime pilot aristocrat or the actually insane anger issues aristocrat?

The insane anger issues aristocrat seems like they'd be fun.

Kyrenaia wrote:
The Frozen Forest wrote:I've actually been giving your wiki a lookover out of curiosity to what happened with Rasha and Amana post-Warm Hearts. It's interesting to see how Rasha turned out, but what happened with Amana?

Amana basically became the Minister of Education of her Father's Khanate and is currently being groomed to be his heiress. She is currently still single, so... ; )

As for the entire legal situation you lined out, first of all, allow me to tell you in OOC, that Amina is not infertile. She just has bad luck with men (being a 2.16 m tall giantess certainly didn't help).
Neither Marla nor Amina desire to bring down the currently reigning dynasty in whichever form, but if it would come to pass, that Marla is adopted by Ivan and that she remains the only child of the couple, she would still not be allowed to unite the crowns of the Khana of Sheliak and Queen of the Frozen Forest - she would, most likely, become Queen, while the Khanate goes to one of her cousins (the law also goes internationally, simply to avoid conflicts of interest as much as possible). The question now is, is the line counted by direct descent and adoption doesn't count or is there a loophole?
As for charming Ivan, we will indeed see how that goes... ; )

Something to keep in mind perhaps? Regarding succession rules TFF falls under Agnatic-Cognatic Primogeniture. Essentially the Monarchs oldest son should inherit but if they have no sons for whatever reason then the oldest daughter would inherit. Adopted children are viewed as more legitimate than a cousin or uncle but less so than other non-adopted children. In the past situations like this would have been dealt with by the King producing either a different heir or producing a bastard (who could then be legitimized, making them more legitimate than the adopted child).

Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Polish Prussian Commonwealth » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:31 pm

Name: Adelheid von Hohenzollern-Jagiellon
Title(s): Princess of Prussia and Poland
Nationality: Prussian-Polish
House/Family: Hohenzollern-Jagiellon
Family Crest: N/A at the moment, sadly.
Place of Birth: Warsaw

Age: By my reckoning, I'd say ~23; I've forgotten her original birthdate.
Religion: Practicing Roman Catholic.
Languages Spoken: German, Polish, English, curses in French.
Travel of Note: A few visits to the Free Lands with friends. Besides that, no travel of note.
Personality: A far less restrained person than her brother, Berengar. Gregarious and cheerful, but given to coarse language and crass behavior due to picking up American social habits while cross-training with them.
Likes: Adelheid's primary interest is aviation; most of her other interests, including aerospace engineering and military history, stem from aviation. She also enjoys track and fencing, and has an addiction to soda. Generally she can be found on the weekends drinking a glass bottle of pop with a few colleagues or friends, both Prussian-Polish and American.
Dislikes: Adelheid chafes when meeting foreign nobility; there is a general Prussian-Polish bias against foreign nobles due to Prussia-Poland's unique system of nobility, where titles of nobility are more akin to military decorations and are earned for either combat or battlefield brilliance, or for some unusual service to the Prussian-Polish nation(this almost always means scientific discoveries).
Fears: Being forced to stand down or cease flying would not be a pleasant experience for her or anyone close to her, no matter the cause.
Bio: Adelheid had an entirely standard upbringing for Prussian-Polish children during the early 2000s; that is to say, extremely spartan. The House of Hohenzollern-Jagiellon was never known for it's wealth, and during this time, her father, Crassus, often sold off assets to maintain the solvency of the government and fund the professionalization and westernization of the military. Despite this, her childhood was on the whole, happy, and she was both socially active and an excellent student. Her interest in aviation was sparked when she accompanied her father on a visit to an Su-25 squadron in East Prussia at the age of 10, and subsequently restructured her education to ensure she would be able to join the Air Force. This included pursuing a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, and paid off with her eventual entry into the Air Force as a pilot of the Su-25 Grach close-air support aircraft.

What will you be bringing with you: A friend, by the name of Irene von Wittelsbach(application to arrive soon).
What gift will you be presenting to the King: A sword-bayonet forged from the medals of a captured Communist officer during the civil war.
Miscellaneous Information: As noted before in telegrams, Adelheid is not actually here to court the King, but instead to establish friendly personal relations between the House of Hohenzollern-Jagiellon and the House of Bjork.

insane anger issues aristocratic tank gunner will come tmrw
Last edited by Polish Prussian Commonwealth on Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Furthermore, I submit that Carthage NSG must be destroyed." t. Marcus Porcius Cato

A traumatized, but recovering, MT-Early PMT/FanT constitutional monarchy consisting of a personal and constitutional union of two Realms. Features: near-universal gun ownership, governmental dysfunction, terrified Christinaslander Air National Guard personnel counting down the days until they rotate back home, and an eternal standoff with the last of it's former oppressors.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:28 pm

Polish Prussian Commonwealth wrote:

Name: Adelheid von Hohenzollern-Jagiellon
Title(s): Princess of Prussia and Poland
House/Family: Hohenzollern-Jagiellon
Family Crest: N/A at the moment, sadly.
Place of Birth: Warsaw

Age: By my reckoning, I'd say ~23; I've forgotten her original birthdate.
Languages Spoken: German, Polish, English, curses in French.
Travel of Note: A few visits to the Free Lands with friends. Besides that, no travel of note.
Personality: A far less restrained person than her brother, Berengar. Gregarious and cheerful, but given to coarse language and crass behavior due to picking up American social habits while cross-training with them.
Likes: Adelheid's primary interest is aviation; most of her other interests, including aerospace engineering and military history, stem from aviation. She also enjoys track and fencing.
Dislikes: Adelheid chafes when meeting foreign nobility; there is a general Prussian-Polish bias against foreign nobles due to Prussia-Poland's unique system of nobility, where titles of nobility are more akin to military decorations and are earned for either combat or battlefield brilliance, or for some unusual service to the Prussian-Polish nation(this almost always means scientific discoveries).
Fears: Being forced to stand down or cease flying would not be a pleasant experience for her or anyone close to her, no matter the cause.
Bio: Adelheid had an entirely standard upbringing for Prussian-Polish children during the early 2000s; that is to say, extremely spartan. The House of Hohenzollern-Jagiellon was never known for it's wealth, and during this time, her father, Crassus, often sold off assets to maintain the solvency of the government and fund the professionalization and westernization of the military. Despite this, her childhood was on the whole, happy, and she was both socially active and an excellent student. Her interest in aviation was sparked when she accompanied her father on a visit to an Su-25 squadron in East Prussia at the age of 10, and subsequently restructured her education to ensure she would be able to join the Air Force. This included pursuing a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, and paid off with her eventual entry into the Air Force as a pilot of the Su-25 Grach close-air support aircraft.

What will you be bringing with you: A friend, by the name of Irene von Wittelsbach(application to arrive soon).
What gift will you be presenting to the King: A sword-bayonet forged from the medals of a captured Communist officer during the civil war.
Miscellaneous Information: As noted before in telegrams, Adelheid is not actually here to court the King, but instead to establish friendly personal relations between the House of Hohenzollern-Jagiellon and the House of Bjork.

insane anger issues aristocratic tank gunner will come tmrw

Ivan is sure to love the gift, Accepted! Looking forwards to Irene's App.

Brettenwald
Senator

Founded: May 03, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Brettenwald » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:16 am

Tag, since I could use a chill thread for a change (and can hopefully finally interact with you IC without either being cringey or the thread dying, Selks : P)
BRETTENWALD
Factbook completion will occur when hell freezes over and this nation is basically what happens at 3 AM when I overdose on Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Game of Thrones. Trans rights or you're getting kneecapped.
Center-right largely-absolute monarchy populated by the majority-pagan descendants of a mix of Vikings, Iron Age German rednecks and the odd shipwreck survivor coming into its own on the world stage during the final stages of a 32-year watershed moment under the watchful eye of an emperor who was never supposed to be one. Strict MT, current year though lore posts are generally asynchronous. Brettain is a catchall demonym, flag waifu by Polish Prussian Commonwealth, NS stats not canon.

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:03 am

The Frozen Forest wrote:[...]
Something to keep in mind perhaps? Regarding succession rules TFF falls under Agnatic-Cognatic Primogeniture. Essentially the Monarchs oldest son should inherit but if they have no sons for whatever reason then the oldest daughter would inherit. Adopted children are viewed as more legitimate than a cousin or uncle but less so than other non-adopted children. In the past situations like this would have been dealt with by the King producing either a different heir or producing a bastard (who could then be legitimized, making them more legitimate than the adopted child).

We'll definately keep it in mind. As for the succession, that sounds like Amina will have quite the hand full to do, if she marries the King. Though, presuming his future wife being infertile and Ivan having a bastard, would artificial insemination count or would he have to have a tumble through the hay?
But then again, who said, that she goes for the King? ; )

Also, a quick note, I am going to move house next week. I am not sure in howfar I will be offline during that week, but please do not be surprised to not hear of me in that week.

Brettenwald wrote:Tag, since I could use a chill thread for a change (and can hopefully finally interact with you IC without either being cringey or the thread dying, Selks : P)

Technically you would be interacting with Kyrenaia, but I know, what you mean - and I look forward to it, too! : D
RPing in MT and PT.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:14 am

Kyrenaia wrote:SNIP

Both producing a bastard and artificial insemination would probably be last resorts. As to whether kids born from those acts would count in succession the answer is yes.
Last edited by The Frozen Forest on Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Polish Prussian Commonwealth » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:05 am

Name: Irene von Wittelsbach
Title(s): Free Knight of Prussia-Poland;
House/Family: Wittelsbachs(Silesian branch)
Family Crest: Didn't make one for her.
Place of Birth: Rural Silesia.

Languages Spoken: Polish, German, English.
Travel of Note: Occasional travels to the Free Lands.
Personality: An often-choleric and easily offended, but conscientious young woman.
Likes: Irene's chief interests revolve around...well, tanks. She also enjoys fist-fighting and academic fencing, and was known for being an especially fearsome duelist during her time at the Warsaw Royal School for Artillery. She also lifts weights and did a little rowing in school.
Dislikes: Irene loathes aristocratic protocol to a degree unusual even for Prussian-Poles. Sitting through a formal, multi-course dinner is an effective form of torture against her.
Fears: Being forced to marry a foreign aristocrat, due to the pageantry and formalities that would entail.
Bio: Starszy kapral Irene von Wittelsbach comes from the Silesian Branch* of the House of Wittelsbach, which currently resides in Prussia-Poland. As a member of the House of Wittelsbach, Irene is related to the Kings of Bavaria, and as the eldest daughter of the current head of the Silesian Branch, is in line for the (now defunct) throne of King of Bavaria. The Silesian Branch is primarily known for it's tradition of military service and it's loyalty to the reigning family of the Kingdoms of Prussia and Poland, the Hohenzollern-Jagiellons, as well as for it's pro-forma fief in Upper Silesia, although in practice, the Silesian branch is scattered to several apartments and farmhouses across Prussia-Poland.

There is some level of communication and exchange between the senior Palatinate branch and the junior Silesian Branch. As part of this, Irene was sent briefly to be educated, at the urging of an aunt in the Palatinate branch, at the Institut Villa Pierrefeu, in Switzerland, where she immediately racked up a reputation for being combative and delinquent and was eventually expelled after starting(and winning) a fist-fight with several other pupils and members of staff. She was declared a persona non grata in Switzerland soon after, and subsequently enrolled at the Warsaw Royal School for Artillery, where she soon distinguished herself socially and academically, and served as Co-Captain of the school's mechanized warfare team as well as Captain it's academic fencing team. She subsequently joined the Reichswehr after graduating, and currently is a gunner in the 2nd Tank Battalion of the Guards Cuirassiers Regimental Combat Team.

*NOTE: The Silesian Branch is ENTIRELY FICTIONAL. There is no IRL Branch in the House of Wittelsbach called the Silesian branch, to my knowledge.

What will you be bringing with you: Spare uniform, including the helmet.
What gift will you be presenting to the King: A good, sturdy backsword.
Miscellaneous Information: Irene is solely here to drag out/slap sense into Adelheid on the off chance that she actually falls for the King. In other words, not actually here to court the King.
Last edited by Polish Prussian Commonwealth on Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:58 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Polish Prussian Commonwealth » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:17 am

unrelated but >adelheid.mp4

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:06 am

The Frozen Forest wrote:
Kyrenaia wrote:SNIP

Both producing a bastard and artificial insemination would probably be last resorts. As to whether kids born from those acts would count in succession the answer is yes.

Once legitimized, of course. But, as Amina isn't infertile, those are just strategies for the worst case.
On a different note, can you tell us something about Crown Prince Ari?
RPing in MT and PT.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:22 pm

The return of Yali it is, with a few changes.

Name: Yali (雅理)
Title(s): Baroness, Lord of Steel Gauntlet (formerly)
Nationality: Amenrian
House/Family: Ramadhan Family
Family Crest: Image
Place of Birth: Imperial Harem, South Asia, Empore of Amenria

Religion: Sunni Islam
Languages Spoken: Chinese (native), English (fluent), Indonesian (fluent), Korean (basic)
Travel of Note:
  • A central African jungle formerly part of Congolese territory
  • Another universe's Italy
Personality: Contrary to her name, Yali is an impulsive, hot-blooded tomboy. She's also a mood booster and is excellent at raising morale.
Dislikes: Staying still, cowards
Fears: Bugs, especially the ones that fly.
Bio: Daughter of Heavenly Emperor Cheonsa and a human concubine from Guangdong, born in 2026. Since high school, Yali has shown proficiency with her fists and trained to sharpen her talents, before entering the Lord of Steel Gauntlet tournament in Japan when it was still part of Amenria. As a superhero, she is a member of the Starchild Sorority with twelve of her siblings. In particular, she's often teamed up with Jewel and Superstar, because Jewel can direct Yali's muscle well and the collateral damage Superstar could cause wouldn't be lethal to Yali.

What will you be bringing with you: Phone, clothes, toiletries, training gloves, Family pin
What gift will you be presenting to the King: A black gem of mysterious origin
Miscellaneous Information: This universe is 28 years older than OTL, hence her age.
Last edited by A m e n r i a on Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Polish Prussian Commonwealth » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:26 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:[...] an impulsive, hot-blooded tomboy.

this is getting out of hand

now there are three of them
Last edited by Polish Prussian Commonwealth on Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:39 pm

Polish Prussian Commonwealth wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:[...] an impulsive, hot-blooded tomboy.

this is getting out of hand

now there are three of them

Hilarity ensues

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:25 am

A m e n r i a wrote:APP Snip

Glad to see the return of Yali! Accepted!

Polish Prussian Commonwealth wrote:Irene APP Snip

She's bringing her pickelhaube? Accepted!

Kyrenaia wrote:
The Frozen Forest wrote:Both producing a bastard and artificial insemination would probably be last resorts. As to whether kids born from those acts would count in succession the answer is yes.

Once legitimized, of course. But, as Amina isn't infertile, those are just strategies for the worst case.
On a different note, can you tell us something about Crown Prince Ari?

Crown Prince Ari is the younger brother of King Ivan and Queen Freja of Camelone as well as the uncle of Prince Ludwig Ui-Krieger of Camelone and Princess Ailish Ui-Krieger Camelone. He has many supporters throughout the country which see him as a better alternative to Ivan. This has made him the second most powerful man in the country despite being only 22. He is very well traveled and has a particular dislike for beaches and Selkie (a sizable minority in TFF). He is unmarried and not in a relationship and will also be in attendance during the events.

The Holy Solar Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Solar Empire » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:30 am

This looks a little interesting, I remember (I think) partaking in one of these type of threads during my first run on NS.

And this feels like something particularly fitting for me to partake in.
✟ The Holy Solar Empire: A christian majority empire, primarily inspired by the HRE, Rome, and Imperial China ✟ Hello from the 100th Century ✟ Factbook RepositoryThe Holy Solar Empire Overview
✟ I have absolutely no idea how to make a good sig, some of yall crazy. ✟

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates