NATION

PASSWORD

BVC | 6th Mehlodhivestoile 2021 | Britonish National Final

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Malta Comino Gozo
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Malta Comino Gozo » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:10 am

VHA MEHLODHIVESTOILE 2021: SEMI-FINAL TWO
Nation Name: Malta Comino Gozo

Main vote:
[9] 1st - Unhinged Renegades - RATATATA
[9] 2nd - TOULOUSE - Pointe-Ouiser
[9] 3rd - Antonio Ambrose - Keep on Dancing
[9] 4th - Zoe Wikinson - Leap of Faith
[7] 5th - Mello Cinde - Sticks and Stones
[7] 6th - Xavier Benchek - Demons
[6] 7th - ELLA - Facile
[5] 8th - Samuel Garrison - Riptide

My overall televote score is between 20-64: [61] Yes

---

Please can you rate Lukas' song out of 10. This score will not be added to the total above as it is completely separate.

Rank automatic qualifier:
Score Lukas' "Let Me Go" out of 10: [6]/10
Last edited by Malta Comino Gozo on Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malta Comino Gozo WV Committee member. International Broadcast Alliance founding member. Member of the WMCAverse, Waisnor/Malta Comino Gozo/Carrelie/Alezian Union Achaean_Republic

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:55 pm

Nation Name: Elejamie

Main vote:
[8] 1st - Samuel Garrison - Riptide
[8] 2nd - Toulouse - Pointe-Ousier
[7] 3rd - Zoe Wilkinson - Leap of Faith
[7] 4th - Xavier Benchik - Demons
[7] 5th - Ella - Facile
[6] 6th - Mello Cinde - Sticks and Stones
[6] 7th - Antonio Ambrose - Keep On Dancing
[5] 8th - Unhinged Renegades - RATATATA

My overall televote score is between 20-64: [x] Yes (54)

---

Please can you rate Lukas' song out of 10. This score will not be added to the total above as it is completely separate.

Score Lukas' "Let Me Go" out of 10: [8]/10
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Scotatrova
Senator

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scotatrova » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:56 pm

Nation Name: Scotatrova

Main vote:
[9] 1st - Zoe Wikinson - Leap of Faith
[8] 2nd - ELLA - Facile
[7] 3rd - TOULOUSE - Pointe-Ouiser
[6] 4th - Xavier Benchek - Demons
[6] 5th - Samuel Garrison - Riptide
[4] 6th - Antonio Ambrose - Keep on Dancing
[3] 7th - Mello Cinde - Sticks and Stones
[3] 8th - Unhinged Renegades - RATATATA

My overall televote score is between 20-64: [x] Yes

---

Score Lukas' "Let Me Go" out of 10: [5]/10
Last edited by Scotatrova on Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Scotatrovian People's Republic
La Repuvlia eh’Oneix Scotatrofina

Official Factbook

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Standby!

Postby Britonisea » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:59 pm

STANDBY
The eight voting spots have been filled. Please complete your votes no later than Friday!

Britonisea
Powerbroker

BVC | Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021 | The Results

Postby Britonisea » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:30 am

Coverage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021. LIVE from Boscombard, Britonisea with your hosts Lucie Dagenham and Jordan Bassett, with Matt Evans in the Greenroom.

A chat had happened with the second qualifier from the International Stage (Maveria) and Matt Evans in the Greenroom after it was confirmed that she would go to the Battle Stage. There was a huge round of applause as people started thinking in their head out of the pair (Maveria and Lukas Guérin) who would qualify to the Waisnorian Battle and therefore on to the Grand Final. Regardless, we were now joined on the main stage where Jordan and Lucie Dagenham stood with bright smiles waiting for their cue.

Lucie Dagenham: That was Maviera everybody speaking to our very own Matt. We wish you luck at the upcoming Battle Stage...which is only two weeks away! It's so close!

Jordan Bassett: It's kinda scary! All of this is happening so quickly, isn't it? Vha Mehlodhivestoile is drawing to an end soon!

Lucie Dagenham : But before we get to the end of the contest, we need to find out the results of the 2nd Semi-Final, don't we? There's only one man who can tell us all about the voting for this Semi-Final and that's Lewis Schmit - the executive producer! Hello my dear!

Lewis Schmit: The executive producer of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021

Jordan Bassett: Mr Lewis Schmit - would you be able to give us some cheeky little exclusives about what happened this Semi-Final?

Lewis Schmit: Firstly I would like to say well done to you two and Matt for being such great hosts - you guys are absolutely fantastic.

There was a resounding applause of approval as Lewis Schmit said that with the man himself clapping along with the audience. The pair of hosts smiled to one another before looking back up to Lewis, waiting for some exclusives.
Lewis Schmit: Eight nations voted in the Semi-Final; Elejamie and Scotatrova who both voted in Semi-Final One. 6 nations voted for the first time this year this Semi-Final...Plangainer, Polkopia, Todlichebujoku, Kalosia, Carrelie, Malta Comino Gozo.

Lucie Dagenham: A nice mix of nations voting across the two Semi-Finals! What impact did this have on the results?

Lewis Schmit: Well it's been quite a remarkable Semi-Final, I'll tell you that. There wasn't a clear favourite this edition - that's because all of the songs were rather fantastic. The top 6 was separated by 8 points. That's usually the gap between 1st place and 2nd place so to have the top 6 so congested...it's crazy.

Jordan Bassett: Wow!

Lewis Schmit: There was also a tie which decides who goes to the final and who doesn't! In this case, we used the results of the Britonish televote to decide who would qualify.

Jordan Bassett: Well that is major!

Lucie Dagenham: So...Lewis can you confirm you have the results ready and have sent them over to us?

Lewis Schmit: Yes, the votes are sent over. Good luck to everyone!

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:40 am

Coverage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021. LIVE from Boscombard, Britonisea with your hosts Lucie Dagenham and Jordan Bassett, with Matt Evans in the Greenroom.

Lucie Dagennham: A total of 1,769,600 unique voters this edition! A slight increase from last semi-final. 13 and a half million Britonish votes have come through today and these are the results from the vote.

Jordan Bassett: This is how we will do it. I will announce the first song that has qualified for the Grand Final. They will then perform a reprise of the song and then we move on to the two Battle Stage qualifiers. After that, we will announce the final Grand Finalist from the 5 songs left to be called out. Lucie will announce that one.

Lucie Dagenham: I'm excited! Let's get on with it!

There was a cheer in the audience as the eight acts of Semi-Final one lined up on the stage ready to be called out. It was time for Jordan to announce the first qualifier to the Grand Final.

Jordan Bassett: The first qualifier of the Grand Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile is…

Jordan Bassett: About to be revealed now…

There was a huge sigh as people thought that Jordan was going to give it away much quicker than Britonish hosts like to do usually.
Jordan Bassett: The act performing on the 24th April 2021…

Jordan Bassett: will be...

GRAND FINALIST #1

"LEAP OF FAITH"
BY ZOE WILKINSON

Jordan Bassett: Mehlodhi numéro eoghv, "Leap of Faith" schantués Zoe Wilkinson

GRAND FINALIST
Zoe Wikinson - Leap of Faith
Tune: Nova Miller - Turn Up The Fire
Language: English
Music: Jake Apollo, Georgie Allans, Geraldine Foster
Lyrics: Tisha Fiona, Zoe Wilkinson, Geraldine Foster, Kristiana Totem
Starting at 01:37
Skin-to-skin, hairs standing on end,
Hearts aligned, syncopated in beats, hey!
(Take the leap of faith)

Come dance in the ring of fire with me,
(Take the leap of faith)
It’s just you and I, under the starlit sky.
(Take the leap of faith)
No time to sleep, there ain’t no time for doubt,
(Take the leap of faith)
The night’s still young, no, you can’t leave now,
Take the leap of faith.

Performance Summary: The performance had Zoe Wilkinson standing on the in a flowy, almost tribal costume. She was standing in a ring of fire, just like what she sings about in her song. The fire would gain intensity each time we went into the song. The stage fans were adding to the fun and madness with the women dancing to the song around the circle. During the final chorus, Zoe stepped out of the ring of fire and started singing with force at the edge of the stage with the girls coming to flank her. The women all stook strong poses as they finished the performance at the end.

At the end of the song, Zoe blew kisses out to the audience. This was Zoe Wilkinson's second qualification directly to the Grand Final of the contest. The hosts appeared onto the stage once again to continue announcing.

Jordan Bassett: CONGRATULATIONS ZOE WILKINSON!

Lucie Dagenham: Great! Wonderful performance, Zoe! It's now time to announce the first Battle Stager! Okay here we go. The first song that has qualified to the Battle Stage and could face TR3SANGULIS or Elias Deichmann in the Grand Final is…

There was another silence in the arena as we waited for the results from Lucie Dagenham.

Lucie Dagenham: it is…

BATTLE STAGER #1

"RIPTIDE"
BY SAMUEL GARRISON

Samuel Garrison
Riptide
Music: Shaugna Yates, Paula Banks, Samuel Garrison
Lyrics: Ayden Amsterdam, Henry Ghost, Manley Hamilton, Yves St Piers

Mako - Parable

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:45 am

It was unclear as to who was going to qualify to the next stage as Britonish people thought that the song quality this edition was rather high amongst most of the songs (instead of half of them or a couple). Who would take up the last two spots? We will find out now. Jordan Bassett begins…

Jordan Bassett: The next qualifier to the Battle Stage…

Jordan Bassett: The act joining Samuel Garrison in the Arçonne on the 10th April is…

BATTLE STAGER #2

"STICKS AND STONES"
BY MELLO CINDE

There was some shock in the arena as Mello Cinde was announced as the battle stage qualifier with many people thinking that should qualify to the Grand Final directly. The camera focused on Mello who smiled - somewhat falsely and slightly pressed. At least she was still in the game.

Mello Cinde
Sticks and Stones
Music: James Embankment, T:Rodden, Viktor Nelson, Susanne Barker
Lyrics: Mini Surrey North, Julie Smith, Mello Cinde

KHS & Andie Case - CHAMPIONS

It was finally time to announce the final qualifier. With Mello Cinde out of the way, the game was wide open. TOULOUSE was in the game last edition but went through the Battle Stage. Could they have finally done it? The handsome Xavier Benchek might have stolen the hearts of Britons, but was that enough to qualify? ELLA performed in spot #6 - Tobias Noah's lucky spot. The song gained a lot of attention but was this enough? Antonio Ambrose wanted to come back with a fighting chance and hoped to have done it this edition. Unhinged Renegades put on a show-stopping performance but was that enough?

Lucie Dagenham: The Grand Finalist of VM2021 who will perform a reprise of their song is…

There was excitement in the air as Lucie Dagenham stared into the audience…

GRAND FINALIST #2

"DEMONS"
BY XAVIER BENCHEK

Xavier started celebrating with a grand and elaborate way. He didn't expect to qualify at all - nevermind directly to the Grand Final. He had other competitors that had participated more times than he has and thought they would pip him to the point. His youth and exuberance was shown as hugged his team and ran towards the stage to the misfortune of the team behind the scenes who were left running after him.

GRAND FINALIST
Xavier Benchek - Demons
Tune: Emilio - Panik
Music: Xavier Benchek, Leon Christopher, Samantha Parkson
Lyrics: Xavier Benchek, Leon Christopher, Samantha Parkson
Starting at 00:50
The fire deep inside is burning with passion,
Nothing you can do can stop or extinguish it.
My mind’s drowning in thoughts trying to drag me down,
I won’t let my past demons in.

[So] when the demons begin,
I won’t let them in, I won’t let them win
Won’t let my past demons in.
Won’t let my past demons-

Won’t let my past demons in.
Won’t let my past demons-

Performance Summary: The song was one that the Britonish audience were definitely fans off and so for the choreographer, they had to make sure they staged this right. The performance didn't have the fireworks as the last, but this was one rather simple, with Xavier (being the skilled dancer he is) dancing alongside his 4 male dancers who flanked him. Through the use of on-screen graphics and VR, they managed to have cool effects coming off of Benchek (similar to the MV) and his dancers as they dancers which added a unique flair to his performance. The colours were quite dark to match the vibes of the music.

*Interviewing the qualifiers*

During the interview, we spoke to Zoe Wilkinson who qualified for the second time to the Vha Mehlodhivestoile final. She comes back after placing 5th in Semi-Final 1. We also speak to Xavier Benchek and how excited he was about qualifying directly to the Grand Final when he didn't think that he would. He mentioned that someone compared him to Tobias Noah and how he took that as a massive compliment.

Lucie Dagenham: And that's it from us tonight! Congratulations to Zoe and Xavier for qualifying to the Grand Final!

Jordan Bassett: We will see Mello Cinde and Samuel Garrison in the Battle Stage just two weeks before at the Battle Stage.

Lucie Dagenham: Next week we will have eight more competitive songs vying for qualification to the next round of Vha Mehlodhivestoile!

Jordan Bassett: And it'll be my last week! How sad! So you all better be there. We will hear Tobias' Grand Final song too and an exclusive first listen to the Britonish entry to the 57th World Hit Festival in Normandy and Picardy!

Lucie Dagenham: Can't wait! See you all there! Bye for now!

As the cameras zoomed out, we saw Lucie and Jordan go over to Zoe and Xavier who were still celebrating...
Last edited by Britonisea on Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

BVC | Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021 | Semi-Final Three

Postby Britonisea » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:00 pm

Live Coverage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021. LIVE from Jyske, Britonisea with your hosts Lucie Dagenham and Jordan Bassett, with Matt Evans in the Greenroom

The 2nd Semi-Final was a hotly contested Semi-Final with margins so close we haven't seen something close to it for a couple of episodes. There was a considerable audience for the Second Semi-Final with a total of 47.5% of households watching Vha Mehlodhivestoile at the time, which is an audience of 11.97 million - a rise of 50,000 households compared to the first Semi-Final. How many people would be watching the upcoming Semi-Final? That was something that BVC officials would be watching as the contest debuted in Jyske. Jyske is one of the largest cities in Britonisea but hasn't received nearly as much attention as other cities such as Doportedas, Telm or Kyvivre. Jyske is considered to be one of those places in the country where a lot of people coincidentally seem to be living there at the same time but BVC is hoping to provide more opportunity to forgotten cities such as Jyske. Semi-Final 3 would see the final eight competitive songs perform. Who would win Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021? We are getting much closer to the result…

As it hit 20:00 hours, the official theme tune for Vha Mehlodhivestoile started to play…

Opening Act
Skylar Grayson - Until The End
Tune: UNSECRET - Time To Say Goodbye

Face your fears, young child,
As you drift away.
I'll be on the other side.

Float amongst the stars,
Explore the unknown,
Let the journey take you home.

No reason to fear,
Close your eyes and fly.

Let your spirit soar,
Make your dreams come true,
Enjoy it until the end.

Lucie Dagenham: Bienvenue Brityunik! Welcome to the 3rd Semi-Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile live from the city of Jyske. My name is Lucie Dagenham…

Matt Evans: I'm Matt Evans…

Jordan Bassett: And I'm Jordan Bassett and we will be taking you through tonight's proceedings. That was a fantastic performance by our upcoming entrant to the 58th World Hit Festival that will be held in Normandy and Picardy again.

Matt Evans: We wish her good luck! Now Jyske has never ever hosted Vha Mehlodhivestoile - what have you guys been waiting for?

There was a huge cheer in the arena as Matt asks the audience a question...

The hosts of tonight's show: Jordan and Lucie are in the arena, while Matt will speak to the artists live from the Greenroom.

Lucie Dagenham: Jyske has been an incredible host, we've certainly enjoyed the Vha Mehlodhivestoile enthusiasm! Tonight will be just as tense as the last two Semi-Finals. Eight acts will perform competitively…

Jordan Bassett: And only four of them will qualify to the Grand Final - that's the top two going through to the Grand Final while two go to the Battle Stage. The other four will be taking the bus back home.

Matt Evans: In addition to this, we will hear Tobias Noah perform his Grand Final song tonight - the final song we haven't seen on the stage PLUS we find out the final qualifier of the International Submission stage!

Jordan Bassett: Oh yes, I cannot wait for that!

Lucie Dagenham: Not too long after this, on our social media channels, we will reveal the official battles for Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021 - which I'm sure Matt will be able to tell you all about!

Lucie placed a hand on Matt Evans and turned to him with the man smiling and nodding. He rubbed his hands together before continuing.

Matt Evans: So make sure to follow @mehves on instagram, twitter and snapchat for more of the latest gossip from our brilliant social media team! But also FOLLOW ME ON EVERYTHING TOO for backstage exclusives. You'll love it!

Jordan Bassett: Absolutely. So as previously mentioned, the top 2 of each Semi-Final has qualified to the Grand Final - we have Rochelle, Josh, Xavier and Zoe...oh and of course Tobias too. Two more will join them to make...7?

Lucie Dagenham: Plus the international qualifier - eight. And the Battle Stage next week will add two more to make 12!

Matt Evans: The running order for the Grand Final will be released very soon after the show next week.

The Acts of VM2021: The third row is the acts participating in tonight's Semi-Final!

Lucie Dagenham: Similarly to last year, in the Semi-Finals, the Britonish influence will be 50% to the international influence. For the Britonish side, the juries will make up 50% while you at home make up the other 50%. Now, while you have 25% of the actual vote, you guys can make a big difference as we have seen in the past few years.

Jordan Bassett: Everything will be translated into points and you'll know at the end of the show the successful two artists who qualify straight to the Grand Final in Aloquirbe City and which two acts (third and fourth) will make a quick stop in Arconne for the Battle Stage. If you aren't aware as well, the number is displayed on the bottom left-hand corner along with the name of the artist and the song.

Matt Evans: And the scores are remarkably close! This year, there will be a star next to the name and information with the star getting brighter depending on how popular the song is... here is an example of how it is will look like using the winning song from last year...

Jordan Bassett: You can vote via the Mehlodhivestoile 2021 app, or you can vote by calling 0141 2340 22 and the number of when your act is performing. You can also vote by texting "WIN" by texting 623 22 and then the number of your favourite act. For example, if you wanted to vote for act 1, it's 0141 2340 2201. Calls cost 20p but that might vary based on your provider.

Lucie Dagenham: Each vote we get through text or phone call will result in that being equal to four app votes. You will gain 12 free votes. 1 telephone or text vote though costs 4 app votes and you can telephone...or text... as many times as you want!

Jordan Bassett: It's time for some music. Song number one will be performed by a familiar face - Petre Lemetre! Lemetre will be singing "Rebellion" written by Vhe Qi, Daley Orion and Petre Lemetre himself. Let's see how he prepared for Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021 shall we?

The camera panned out as we went to the first postcard of the evening.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

BVC | Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021 | The Acts

Postby Britonisea » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:01 pm

Petre Lemetre - Rebellion
Tune: Meduza - Paradise
Music: Vhe Qi, Daley Orion
Lyrics: Vhe Qi, Daley Orion, Petre Lemetre
Starting at 00:40
Rebellion, go against the world
No apologies.
Rebellion, fighting for our lives,
You and I versus the rest.

Rebellion, go against the world
No apologies.
Rebellion, fighting for our lives,

Rebellion (Rebellion)
Rebellion (Rebellion)
Rebellion (Rebellion)
Fighting for our lives,

Performance Summary: It was quite dark staging for Petre this edition with him standing on the stage alone. He was wearing similar dark clothes, just a T shirt and dark trousers. The LED was mostly black except the middle of the screen which was slightly brighter - a greyish colour that looks fuzzy. This would also react with the song, with the fuzzy exploding during major changes in the song (for example the transition between verse to chorus).

Laila Phiona - Second Chances
Tune: Davina Michelle - Liar
Music: Raya Nicholls, Ryanne Hill
Lyrics: Holly Gilles, Kelly Brookes, Laila Phiona
Starting at 00:54
Ooo-oo-ooh, there’s no second chances,
You had one and you blew it.
There’s no coming back from this,
This is where we draw the line.

No there aren’t no second chances,
I’m not one to be deceived,
Look what you have done to me,
Finally I’m free...

Performance Summary: It was a classic ballad by a young artist who was known for singing them. At the start of the song, Laila was all alone on the stage with not much happening on the stage. Laila was hoping that her fantastic vocals would gain her points alone with the camera angles making it even more tense. During the final chorus, water from the rigs fell down onto Laila as she sang in the rain.

Jason Reid - Truth
Tune: NF - The Search
Music: Jason Reid
Lyrics: Jason Reid
Starting at 01:25
I’m lost in my mind,
Descending into the rabbit hole.
Hold your lullabies, they ain’t real, no
I’m just realising what reality is.
In the end we all are nothing,
Told you the truth, now you’re bugging
Close your eyes, do you see the darkness?
Get used to it, ‘cuz that’s our future.

Tell me my past is broken, unfixable,
Tell me my past is what led -
me to all these thoughts that I have.
Tell me I can’t escape the monsters -
That’s eating me alive.
Tell me I’m acting crazy, tell me I’m overreacting.

Performance Summary: This performance had one of the most amount of camera with the camera angles being mostly uncomfortable and sharp. Despite being the darkest song so far, it had a lot of light to it - the opposite of the two previous performances. Jason wore a dark hoodie, which contrasted with the white LED behind him which, during the chorus, was quickly change to other colours along the grey scale.

Mya Richardson - Wild and Free
Tune: Yonaka - Seize the Power
Music: Bella Short, Jemma Berger, Leona Smith
Lyrics: Bella Short, Jemma Berger, Leona Smith
Starting at 01:26
Sorry (sorry), but I'm back (I'm back)
I won't stand down, never will I stop coming for more.
Eventhough I look older,
My soul will always remain young,
Yeah, always wild and free.

Always wild and free,
My soul will always remain young,
Yeah, always wild and free.
Come challenge me, see who wins
Wild and free.

Performance Summary: For the first song with rock elements this evening, the stage was floodlit with a deep rouge colour all building up to the explosive final chorus. Mya Richardson's leather tight-fitting outfit worked well with the type of song that she was going for, with there being moments where Mya was on the floor and interacting with the cameras below her. There was heavy use of strobes and lasers in the final chorus.

Aaliyah Banques - Promise Me
Tune: Dotter - Little Tot
Music: Xavier Neon, Jamie Byns
Lyrics: Aaliyah Banques, Kelsey Banques
Starting at 01:28
Promise me, when I’m long gone,
You’ll let no one - tell you you’re not good enough.
Promise me,
You’ll always fight - for what is right,
Let no one stand in your way.

(Promise, promise, promise)
Promise me you won’t back down.
Promise me, you’ll stand your ground!
Promise me, you’ll always fight,
Everything will be alright.

Performance Summary: Aaliyah Banques returns to the stage after her sister won last year. The performance saw Aaliyah on the stage with four other dancers - two males and two females who followed her around as she sang through the song. During the first chorus, there was a section in which Aaliyah was posing along with her dancers with purple and red flashing on them - two colours that were a theme in the song.

Alex and Riyah - Do You Love Me?
Tune: James Morrison - My Love Goes On ft Joss Stone
Music: Alexander Nicholas, Riyah Price, James Embankment, Maria Torres
Lyrics: Alexander Nicholls, Riyah Price, Maria Torres
Starting at 01:42
[RIYAH]
You seem quiet, you’re different,
What is going on inside your head?
[ALEX]
Do I lie or tell the truth?
No, I do not want to hurt you.
[BOTH]
Why do I feel so guilty,
Don’t want to poke, don’t wanna pry.
I know you’re reaching out to me,
[But] I can’t put this into words.
[BOTH]
Do you love me?
‘Cuz I know I feel for you.
Yeah, we are written in the stars,
We’re meant to be!
It’s a truth which you can’t see,
No, you just choose to ignore me,
Do you love me?

Performance Summary: Alex and Riyah were both on the stage, standing in these prison-like bars which separated the pair of them. The LED screen behind them makes it look as though they weren't the only ones who were trapped with the perspective making it seem as though they were in an endless corridor of a prison. The camera would cut between the pair of them, but sometimes you would be able to see the pair of them side by side on the screen. Occasionally they would be singing to one another. At the end, the pair of them escape the prison and end up on the vast stage together alone with a single strobe in between them shining.

Jordan Baker - Give In
Tune: Joji - Run
Music: James Embankment, Chester Smith
Lyrics: James Embankment, Chester Smith
Starting at 01:48
You tugged on my heartstrings, had me hypnotised,
So that I couldn’t see past all your lies,
You made me give in.

Tried to be the man you want me to be,
This is how you decide to repay me?
Now I’m reeling.

Performance Summary: This song is probably one of the slowest songs of the competition but has some impressive staging. Using some augmented reality and on-screen graphics, it looked as though this performance was slightly "cartoonised" - but quite a crude and dark cartoon rather than your average kids show. Jordan ran to the furthest point away from the stage during the section at the end before the song ended.

Zoey Stratis - Where Am I?
Tune: GALXARA - Loving Nobody
Music: Mark Walling, Christopher Gycon, T:Rodden, Nivida Smith
Lyrics: Zoey Stratis
Starting at 00:00
Spent too many years,
Looking for someone, looking for a way out.
After all these years,
Despite all the pain, I am still standing here.
But where am I?
Stranded in space with no clear path to guide me

Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh
Where is the path?
Oh-oh (Show me the way)
Oh-oh (Show me the way)
Oh-oh where am I?

Performance Summary: Projections were mainly used for this performance - with a lot of different colours being used to make the performance look as though it was performance ready. Similarly to the MV there is a fire effect at the large note at the end of the song with pyrotechnics adding to this to make it seem much more exciting and dramatic.

Due to the recent introduction of the televoting and jury split the edition after the last VM winner was sent, Vha Mehlodhivestoile has had to adapt to this. Thus, the way we vote in Vha Mehlodhivestoile will change. The votes will be added to a Britonish Jury and Televote. Please read the information below to make sure that you are voting correctly.

While we cannot tell you in what way you should vote, we recommend using the televote to judge the song and the jury for the lyrics and staging summary.

There are 8 (eight) songs competing in Semi-Final Three of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021.

There are now two ways that you must vote in Vha Mehlodhivestoile. You must provide a Jury vote and Televote using the form below.
  • Jury Vote: Please place the entry that you like the most in 1st position, your 2nd favourite entry in 2nd position and so on so forth until you get to your last entry. The scores will be converted into 12-10-7-5-3-2-1-0 and the percentage will make up the Jury score.
  • Televote: The televote is your score out of 10 for each entry. Your overall score cannot exceed 64 or be lower than 20. This means that you cannot give every entry 10/10 as that would equal 80 points or give everyone 1/10 as that would equal 8.

You must also give a score out of 10 to Tobias Noah's "Round and Round". This score will not be added to the total that you've given to competing Semi-Final songs (ie if you've given 62 points to the eight competing songs, you can still give 10 to Tobias as her points will not affect the Semi-Final points distribution). Below, you can find out all the information and a code to make it easy for you to vote.

QUICK INFORMATION
A user is allowed to vote up to 1 (one) time in the Pre-Qualifiers for Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021.
While the deadline to vote is 9th April 22:00 GMT, but the host has the right to close the lines earlier or if 8 nations have voted.

The form is below...

This is the form you need to complete. Please post your votes on this thread, below the interval act.

Please do not post a reserve without explicit permission from me.

Code: Select all
[b][u]VHA MEHLODHIVESTOILE 2021: SEMI-FINAL THREE[/u][/b]
[b]Nation Name:[/b]

[PLEASE DELETE]A quick summary of the form: In between the [X] brackets, please put your televote score out of 10. The overall televote score between all 10 entries must be between 30 and 64. In between the [Entry] brackets, please put the name or number of the song you are voting for![/DELETE]

[i]Main vote:[/i]
[X] [b]1st -[/b] [Entry]
[X] [b]2nd -[/b] [Entry]
[X] [b]3rd -[/b] [Entry]
[X] [b]4th -[/b] [Entry]
[X] [b]5th -[/b] [Entry]
[X] [b]6th -[/b] [Entry]
[X] [b]7th -[/b] [Entry]
[X] [b]8th -[/b] [Entry]

[b]My overall televote score is between 20-64:[/b] [] Yes

---

Please can you rate Tobias' song out of 10. This score will not be added to the total above as it is completely separate.

[i]Rank automatic qualifier:[/i]
Score Tobias Noah's "Round and Round" out of 10: [X]/10

Please post your votes below, underneath the interval act!

Britonisea
Powerbroker

BVC | Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021 | The Interval WIP

Postby Britonisea » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:03 pm

Continued coverage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021. LIVE from Jyske, Britonisea with your hosts Lucie Dagenham and Jordan Bassett, with Matt Evans in the Greenroom

Speaking

Speaking interview 1

Speaking interview 2

Speaking introducing Tobias

Automatic Finalist

Tobias Noah - Round and Round
Tune: Elias Kaskinen - Beibe
Music: Jourdain Carter, Jamie Banks, Tobias Noah
Lyrics: Tiara Parks, Tobias Noah
In my thoughts 24/7
You got me right off track,
Now, there ain’t going back. (24/7)
Show me, show me what it is you want
One minute you’re green for go
Then when we’re close, you’re red (24/7)

You got my head spinning round and round
You got my head spinning round and round
Show me, show me what it is you want
One minute you’re green for go
Then when we’re close, you’re red

Plangainer
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 07, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Plangainer » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:56 pm

VHA MEHLODHIVESTOILE 2021: SEMI-FINAL THREE
Nation Name: Plangainer

Main vote:
[9/10] 1st - Laila Phiona - Second Chances
[8/10] 2nd - Jason Reid - Truth
[7/10] 3rd - Petre Lemetre - Rebellion
[7/10] 4th - Aaliyah Banques - Promise Me
[7/10] 5th - Alex and Riyah - Do You Love Me?
[6/10] 6th - Jordan Baker - Give In
[6/10] 7th - Zoey Stratis - Where Am I?
[5/10] 8th - Mya Richardson - Wild and Free

My overall televote score is between 20-64: [55 - ✓] Yes

---

Please can you rate Tobias' song out of 10. This score will not be added to the total above as it is completely separate.

Score Tobias Noah's "Round and Round" out of 10: [5]/10
Last edited by Plangainer on Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WV98: Achieved 15th Place
WV99: Achieved 9th Place (Top 10)
WV103: Achieved 6th Place (Top 10)
WV104: Achieved 3rd Place (Podium)
WV106: Achieved 4th Place (Top 5)
WV108: Achieved 10th Place (Top 10)
WV111: Achieved 4th Place (Top 5)

Scotatrova
Senator

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scotatrova » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:51 pm

Nation Name: Scotatrova

Main vote:
[9] 1st - Aaliyah Banques - Promise Me
[8] 2nd - Laila Phiona - Second Chances
[8] 3rd - Jordan Baker - Give In
[7] 4th - Zoey Stratis - Where Am I?
[6] 5th - Petre Lemetre - Rebellion
[4] 6th - Alex and Riyah - Do You Love Me?
[3] 7th - Mya Richardson - Wild and Free
[2] 8th - Jason Reid - Truth

My overall televote score is between 20-64: [X] Yes

---

Score Tobias Noah's "Round and Round" out of 10: [6]/10
Last edited by Scotatrova on Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Scotatrovian People's Republic
La Repuvlia eh’Oneix Scotatrofina

Official Factbook

Beepee
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 20, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Beepee » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:59 pm

Nation Name: Beepee

Main vote:
[8] 1st - [06 Alex and Riyah - Do You Love Me?]
[7] 2nd - [01 Petre Lemetre - Rebellion]
[8] 3rd - [05 Aaliyah Banques - Promise Me]
[7] 4th - [ 08 Zoey Stratis - Where Am I?]
[7] 5th - [07 Jordan Baker - Give In]
[6] 6th - [02 Laila Phiona - Second Chances]
[3] 7th - [04 Mya Richardson - Wild and Free]
[3] 8th - [03 Jason Reid - Truth]

My overall televote score is between 20-64: [49] Yes

---

Score Tobias Noah's "Round and Round" out of 10: [7]/10

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:20 pm

Nation Name: Elejamie

Main vote:
[9] 1st - Jordan Baker - Run
[8] 2nd - Petre Lemetre - Rebellion
[8] 3rd - Alex & Riyah - Do You Love Me
[6] 4th - Aaliyah Banques - Promise Me
[7] 5th - Jason Reid - Truth
[5] 6th - Laila Phiona - Second Chances
[4] 7th - Zoey Stratis - Where Am I?
[3] 8th - Mya Richardson - Wild and Free

My overall televote score is between 20-64: [x] Yes (50)

---

Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:03 pm

Nation Name: Normandy and Picardy

Main vote:
[9] 1st - Laila Phiona - Second Chances
[7] 2nd - Jason Reid - The Truth
[7] 3rd - Alex and Riyah - Do You Love Me?
[6] 4th - Jordan Baker - Give In
[6] 5th - Zoey Stratis - Where Am I?
[5] 6th - Peter Lemetre - Rebellion
[5] 7th - Aaliyah Banks - Promise Me
[4] 8th - Mya Richardson - Wild and Free

My overall televote score is between 20-64: [X] Yes (49)

---

Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Carrelie
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 21, 2018

Postby Carrelie » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:08 pm

Nation Name: Carrelie

Main vote:
[7] 1st - Aaliyah Banques - Promise Me
[7] 2nd - Zoey Stratis - Where Am I?
[6] 3rd - Alex and Riyah - Do You Love Me?
[7] 4th - Laila Phiona - Second Chances
[1] 5th - Mya Richardson - Wild and Free
[4] 6th - Petre Lemetre - Rebellion
[4] 7th - Jordan Baker - Give In
[1] 8th - Jason Reid - Truth

My overall televote score is between 20-64: [X] Yes (37)

---

Last edited by Carrelie on Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✿ Carrelian Confederation ✿
NS Stats not canon

Member of WMCA
WaisnorMalta Comino GozoCarrelieAlezian UnionAchaean RepublicUthossia
Caribou Island (Moorland) & Aenglide are also there.
Ignore literally every vaguely political post I made pre-2022 my views and understandings have changed significantly :)

Belgaam
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Belgaam » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:10 pm

Nation Name: Belgaam

Main vote:
[10] 1st - [Entry] Aaliyah Banques - Promise Me
[8] 2nd - [Entry] Laila Phiona - Second Chances
[7] 3rd - [Entry] Zoey Stratis - Where Am I?
[6] 4th - [Entry] Alex & Riyah - Do You Love Me?
[3] 5th - [Entry] Mya Richardson - Wild & Free
[2] 6th - [Entry] Petre Lemetre - Rebellion
[2] 7th - [Entry] Jordan Baker - Give In
[1] 8th - [Entry] Jason Reid - Truth

My overall televote score is between 20-64: [X] Yes

---

Score Tobias Noah's "Round and Round" out of 10: [2]/10
71: 17/25
72: 9/18
73: 19/26
74: Withdrew
75: Did not participate
76: Did not participate
77: Did not participate
78: Did not participate
79: Did not participate
80: Did not participate
81: 16/35
82: Withdrew
83: Did not participate
84: Did not participate
85: Did not participate
86: Did not participate
87: 20/38

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:14 pm

Nation Name: Tödlichebujoku

Main vote:
[10] 1st - Truth
[8] 2nd - Promise Me
[7] 3rd - Rebellion
[5] 4th - Where Am I?
[5] 5th - Give In
[3] 6th - Wild and Free
[2] 7th - Do You Love Me?
[2] 8th - Second Chances

My overall televote score is between 20-64: [x] Yes

---

Score Tobias Noah's "Round and Round" out of 10: [9]/10
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Thank you for your votes!

Postby Britonisea » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:19 pm

STANDBY
The eight voting spots have been filled. Please complete your votes no later than Friday! Let's make that as soon as possible haha

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:36 pm

Coverage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021. LIVE from Jyske, Britonisea with your hosts Lucie Dagenham and Jordan Bassett, with Matt Evans in the Greenroom.

A chat had happened with the Tobias Noah who qualifies directly to the Grand Final with Matt Evans in the Greenroom, there was a huge round of applause. We were now joined on the main stage where Jordan and Lucie Dagenham stood with bright smiles waiting for their cue.

Lucie Dagenham: Thank you so much to Tobias Noah! It's your second time in the Grand Final - how exciting. See you on the 24th April!

Jordan Bassett: Indeed, it's now time to find out the results of the third Semi-Final. Who do we need to speak to first? It's Lewis Schmit - the executive producer of Vha Mehlodhivestoile! Hello there Me Schmit - how are you doing?

Lewis Schmit: The executive producer of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021

Lewis Schmit: I am doing great, thank you for asking!!

Jordan Bassett: Lewis, before you send us the result, could you tell us some facts about the voting this round?

Lewis Schmit: Yes, of course I can!

There was a resounding applause of approval as Lewis Schmit said that with the man himself clapping along with the audience. The pair of hosts smiled to one another before looking back up to Lewis, waiting for some exclusives.
Lewis Schmit: Eight nations voted in the Semi-Final. Plangainer, Scotatrova, Beepee, Elejamie, Normandy and Picardy, Carrelie, Belgaam and Todlichebujoku all voted this time. Quite exciting.

Lucie Dagenham: A couple of new nations in the mix there.

Lewis Schmit: Yes, and that's had some impact on the scoreboard! There was one 100+ scoring act this time around, but only just. The songs that came 2nd - 4th only had 2 points separating them all so it was very close.

Jordan Bassett: oof! Who made it through???

Lewis Schmit: Well that is information that I will send over right about now! Have you received it?

Jordan Bassett: Yep we just did!

Lucie Dagenham: Oooh interesting results!

Lewis Schmit: Good luck everybody!

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:54 pm

Coverage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021. LIVE from Jyske, Britonisea with your hosts Lucie Dagenham and Jordan Bassett, with Matt Evans in the Greenroom.

Lucie Dagennham: A total of 1,638,972 unique voters this Semi-Final. A slight decrease from last semi-final. There's been a total of 12,821,763 votes tonight.

Jordan Bassett: This is how we will do it. I will announce the first song that has qualified for the Grand Final. They will then perform a reprise of the song and then we move on to the two Battle Stage qualifiers. After that, we will announce the final Grand Finalist from the 5 songs left to be called out. Lucie will announce that one.

Lucie Dagenham: I'm excited! Let's get on with it!

There was a cheer in the audience as the eight acts of Semi-Final one lined up on the stage ready to be called out. It was time for Jordan to announce the first qualifier to the Grand Final.

Jordan Bassett: The first qualifier of the Grand Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile is…

Jordan Bassett: About to be revealed now…

There was a huge sigh as people thought that Jordan was going to give it away much quicker than Britonish hosts like to do usually.
Jordan Bassett: The act performing on the 24th April 2021…

Jordan Bassett: will be...

GRAND FINALIST #1

"PROMISE ME"
BY AALIYAH BANQUES

GRAND FINALIST
Aaliyah Banques - Promise Me
Tune: Dotter - Little Tot
Music: Xavier Neon, Jamie Byns
Lyrics: Aaliyah Banques, Kelsey Banques
Starting at 01:28
Promise me, when I’m long gone,
You’ll let no one - tell you you’re not good enough.
Promise me,
You’ll always fight - for what is right,
Let no one stand in your way.

Promise me you won’t back down.
Promise me, you’ll stand your ground!
Promise me, you’ll always fight,
Everything will be alright.

Performance Summary: Aaliyah Banques returns to the stage after her sister won last year. The performance saw Aaliyah on the stage with four other dancers - two males and two females who followed her around as she sang through the song. During the first chorus, there was a section in which Aaliyah was posing along with her dancers with purple and red flashing on them - two colours that were a theme in the song.

At the end of the song, Aaliyah Banques blew kisses out to the audience. Would she go on to replicate her sister's success at the contest?

Jordan Bassett: CONGRATULATIONS Aaliyah!

Lucie Dagenham: It's now time to announce the first Battle Stager! Okay here we go…

There was another silence in the arena as we waited for the results from Lucie Dagenham.

Lucie Dagenham: it is…

BATTLE STAGER #1

"DO YOU LOVE ME?"
BY ALEX AND RIYAH

Last edited by Britonisea on Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:57 pm

Who would take up the last two spots? We will find out now. Jordan Bassett begins…

Jordan Bassett: The next qualifier to the Battle Stage…

Jordan Bassett: The act joining Alex and Riyah in the Arçonne on the 10th April is…

BATTLE STAGER #2

"WHERE AM I?"
BY ZOE STRATIS

There was a polite applause in the audience.

Lucie Dagenham: The Grand Finalist of VM2021 who will perform a reprise of their song is…

There was excitement in the air as Lucie Dagenham stared into the audience…

GRAND FINALIST #2

"SECOND CHANCES"
BY LAILA PHIONA

Laila Phiona - Second Chances
Tune: Davina Michelle - Liar
Music: Raya Nicholls, Ryanne Hill
Lyrics: Holly Gilles, Kelly Brookes, Laila Phiona
Starting at 00:54
Ooo-oo-ooh, there’s no second chances,
You had one and you blew it.
There’s no coming back from this,
This is where we draw the line.

No there aren’t no second chances,
I’m not one to be deceived,
Look what you have done to me,
Finally I’m free...

Performance Summary: It was a classic ballad by a young artist who was known for singing them. At the start of the song, Laila was all alone on the stage with not much happening on the stage. Laila was hoping that her fantastic vocals would gain her points alone with the camera angles making it even more tense. During the final chorus, water from the rigs fell down onto Laila as she sang in the rain.

*Interviewing the qualifiers*

Lucie Dagenham: And that's it from us tonight! Congratulations to Laila and Aaliyah for qualifying to the Grand Final!

Jordan Bassett: It's goodbye from me!

Lucie Dagenham: Thank you Jordan and Matt so much, we will miss you dearly! Next week I'm joined by Emmanuel Taylor and the winner of the 63rd WorldVision Song Contest, Frida Grover!

Matt Evans: I can't wait to put my feet up and watch you guys on the television! It'll be a welcome break!

Jordan Bassett: Yes!

Lucie Dagenham: I need a break! See you all in Arçonnw for the Battle Stage! Goodbye all!

As the cameras zoomed out, we saw Lucie, Matt and Jordan go over to the winners of the Semi; Laila and Aaliyah.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

BVC | Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021 | Battle Stage

Postby Britonisea » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:29 am

Coverage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021. LIVE from Arçonne, Britonisea with your hosts Lucie Dagenham and Emmanuel Taylor, with Frida Grover in the Greenroom.

The three Semi-Finals of Vha Mehlodhivestoile were finally completed, providing some rather shocking results for the Britonish fans. Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021 has been hailed the most unpredictable year with many people having different opinions on who should win the contest - with no clear favourites as of yet. The contest has had 11.73 million households watching last week which were the lowest of the three Semi-Finals, but still a very good viewing figure nevertheless. For the Battle Stage this week, it is expected that over 7 million people which watch the battle stage with the numbers being slightly lower than normal due to the WorldVision Song Contest 89 in which Britonisea is performing rather early on in the running order. Nevertheless, if BVC managed to win the percentage tonight, it will be a major win for them. Tonight we will see five or so pairs performing for their shot in the Grand Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021. Unlike in previous years where there would be an opening act for the Battle Stage, this time around, there needed to be an extra segment added into the show with no extra running order time so alas, that had to be cut. Promptly at 20:00 the official Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021 opening titles began!.

The three hosts of the Battle Stage walked on to the sound of applause. It was still Lucie Dagenham but this time she was joined by Emmanuel Taylor and Frida Grover! Emmanuel and Frida will present with her the final two shows of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021.

Lucie Dagenham: Bonjour tout le monde! I hope you are all alright! Welcome to the Battle Stage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021. This is going to be a fantastic night full of non-stop drama, I can certainly promise you that. I am your co-host Lucie Dagenham.

Emmanuel Taylor: I'm Emmanuel Taylor - very nice to meet you all and I'm so happy to finally join the team! I was watching the other two men with jealousy!

Frida Grover: My name is Frida Grover and I will be the Greenroom host for the next two shows! Seeing everybody here fighting for a spot in the WorldVision Song Contest - or the World Hit Festival - it's just so great to see. It brings back memories!

Lucie Dagenham: Doesn't it just? Tonight important decisions must be made. Later in the show, the ten Battle Stage acts will perform one after each other. We will break between each of the songs. There will be an assigned national jury for each of the shows. The four national juries this edition are Natanya,Beepee, Ertzei Kishim and Waisnor.

Emmanuel Taylor: Right, I understand...but currently there are 12 acts here tonight ready to perform. How can we have 12 acts but five groups of two, I don't understand?

Frida Grover: And that's where you at home come in! What is going to happen is we are going to show you 4 performances - two international acts and two automatic qualifying acts that performed during the Semi-Final. We will show you the performance from the second verse straight through to the end. You will have when we say the voting lines are open all the way until the end of the third Battle.

Lucie Dagenham: At the end of the third Battle, we will announce the two winners of the domestic vote and then the two winners will perform live against each other. Waisnor's jury will then decide who will go to the Grand Final!

Emmanuel Taylor: How very exciting! Whilst Natanya, Beepee and Ertzei Kishim tell us their decision, Waisnor will be finalising their points and we will come to them at the end of the show. Right, there's only one thing to do then isn't it?

Lucie Dagenhm: Indeed!

ALL: Britonisea! Start VOTING NOW!

Vote between the four: Britons get to choose which two of these four can go through to the Battle Stage where they will be judged by Waisnor's Jury...

As they told Britonisea to start voting, we were then treated to four performances competing in this round. Aria Cohen and Lukas Guerin will be versing Darlington from Ertzei Kishim and Maveria from Belgaam. Each performance had the second verse to the end of the performance played (ball park of 1.5 minute - 3 minutes).

Britonisea
Powerbroker

BVC | Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021 | Battle Stage

Postby Britonisea » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:20 am

Coverage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021. LIVE from Arçonne, Britonisea with your hosts Lucie Dagenham and Emmanuel Taylor, with Frida Grover in the Greenroom.

After that was shown, hundreds of thousands of people started voting on the Vha Mehlodhivestoile app or submitted votes using text messages - which was just as popular as app votes. It was now time for the Battles which would take up a large portion of the contest tonight. Emmanuel and Lucie were standing on the stage together with Frida gone to the Greenroom - we would hear from her a bit later on in the show. Emmanuel started speaking...

Emmanuel Taylor: Remember, you have got until the end of tonight's third battle to vote so keep on voting! If you've finished submitting votes to this, if you have the app, you can also vote for your favourite song of each of the bands. It will be very interesting to compare what the Britonish thinks and the actual results of each of the Juries. Lucie, do you want to explain what's going to happen right now?

Lucie Dagenham: Of course! We will now see the performances of those who are in each of the battles. First up we will go for Battle 1 which will be judged by Ertzei Kishim, then Battle 2 by Beepee and finally Battle 3 by Natanya. The two acts will perform one after the other, only separated by a simple 1 minute VT. At the bottom of the screen, as usual, you will see a bar which will give you an approvals ranking of the Britonish. The bar will be there from the start and so whoever performs first might have the most, but as the second song starts, the approval ranking might go down.

Emmanuel Taylor: The approval ranking does not affect the score and the Jurors won't be able to see the rankings on their private feed. They will discuss who they think should go through before submitting a private ballot. The spokesperson, or the Jury leader, will count them up and announce them. Who each person voted for will be revealed after the Grand Final on the 24th April 2021.

Lucie Dagenham: Right! Let's get straight to it then, shall we? First up is the battle which will be judged by the Ertzei Kishimis! It's Mello Cinde with her song, "Sticks and Stones" versus Alex and Riyah "Do You Love Me?" Both songs received some good receptions from the media and the audience - who will get through? it's anybody's game! The first of the two is Mello...

BATTLE ONE - ERTZEI KISHIM

Sticks and Stones vs. Do You Love Me?: Which act does Britonisea prefer? Will it agree with the decision of the Ertzei Kishim jury?

Emmanuel Taylor: Æstareux iñez on Battle One, Mello Cinde avecieme "Sticks and Stones"

Mello Cinde - Sticks and Stones
Tune: Kurt Hugo Schneider & Andie Case - CHAMPIONS
Music: James Embankment, T:Rodden, Viktor Nelson, Susanne Barker
Lyrics: Mini Surrey North, Julie Smith, Mello Cinde
Starting at 01:30
Call me whatever you want, spread your lies to the masses.
It won't affect me, your words will go unheard.

I'll strike with a vengeance,
My heart's encrusted with diamonds, ready for any war.
I'll come out braver,
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but
Your words, they'll never hurt.

Performance Summary: There was a lot of things going on with this entry, which made this more of a theatrical performance. For the first two verses and choruses, Mello Cinde stands in front of these X-crossed poles with flickers amongst the dark background of the stage. As we went through the second chorus, the on-stage vocalists were appearing in the background - their silhouettes only. There was a huge white sheet that fell behind Mello Cinde as the backing vocalists came closer to the sheet, with some cool effects to make them seem larger and scarier than they actually were.

Emmanuel Taylor: Æstareux segunwize on Battle One, Alex œ Riyah avecieme "Do You Love Me?"

Alex and Riyah - Do You Love Me?
Tune: James Morrison - My Love Goes On ft Joss Stone
Music: Alexander Nicholas, Riyah Price, James Embankment, Maria Torres
Lyrics: Alexander Nicholls, Riyah Price, Maria Torres
Starting at 01:42
[RIYAH]
You seem quiet, you’re different,
What is going on inside your head?
[ALEX]
Do I lie or tell the truth?
No, I do not want to hurt you.
[BOTH]
Why do I feel so guilty,
Don’t want to poke, don’t wanna pry.
I know you’re reaching out to me,
[But] I can’t put this into words.
[BOTH]
Do you love me?
‘Cuz I know I feel for you.
Yeah, we are written in the stars,
We’re meant to be!
It’s a truth which you can’t see,
No, you just choose to ignore me,
Do you love me?

Performance Summary: Alex and Riyah were both on the stage, standing in these prison-like bars which separated the pair of them. The LED screen behind them makes it look as though they weren't the only ones who were trapped with the perspective making it seem as though they were in an endless corridor of a prison. The camera would cut between the pair of them, but sometimes you would be able to see the pair of them side by side on the screen. Occasionally they would be singing to one another. At the end, the pair of them escape the prison and end up on the vast stage together alone with a single strobe in between them shining.

There are some pictures of the Ertzei Kishim jury clapping after Alex and Riyah performed and then turning to one another where they started to speak. The feed was cut off for them but they were told that they would be filmed.

Lucie Dagenham: And that is the Ertzei Kishimi jury who are starting their discussion, deciding who will qualify out of Mello Cinde and Alex & Riyah. Shelly Yakovitch is the Head Juror and we will chat with her at the end.

Emmanuel Taylor: In the meantime, let's have a look at the Britonish opinion after that battle...

Lucie Dagenham: Wow! So as we can see, Mello Cinde is the act Britonisea think should qualify, receiving 62% of the Britonish votes. Though, it is not up to the Britons - it's up to the jury of Ertzei Kishim who might decide to swing the other way!

Emmanuel Taylor: Up next is Battle Two, judged by the Beepeean Jury! Battle Two will have TR3SANGULIS versus Zoey Stratis.

Lucie Dagenham: Both songs were brilliant and so this won't be an easy job for Beepee. Let's see how they get on!

BATTLE TWO - BEEPEE

Ethereal versus Where Am I?: Which of these two songs will qualify for the Grand Final on the 24th April 2021?

Emmanuel Taylor: Æstareux iñez on Battle Two, TR3SANGULIS avecieme "Ethereal"

TR3SANGULIS - Ethereal
Tune: KEiiNO - MONUMENT
Language: English, Britonish
Music: Karjohan Allard, Georgina Allard, Reis Allard
Lyrics: Karjohan Allard, Georgina Allard, Reis Allard
Starting at 01:27
Our bond is long-lasting, it can withstand all,
It’s larger than our greatest mountains.
Stronger than the most ruthless of oceans,
It’s truly ethereal.

Woah-oh-oh ethereal
Stronger than the most ruthless of oceans,
It’s truly ethereal.

Performance Summary: The three of them wanted to create something truly ethereal on the stage with there being landscapes of mountains and starscapes behind them. There was use of fog at the start which blended in very well with the flashing lights at the beginning. As the song went on, the "geysers" were used more shooting fog into the air.

Emmanuel Taylor: Æstareux segunwize on Battle Two, Zoey Statris avecieme "Where Am I?"

Zoey Stratis - Where Am I?
Tune: GALXARA - Loving Nobody
Music: Mark Walling, Christopher Gycon, T:Rodden, Nivida Smith
Lyrics: Zoey Stratis
Spent too many years,
Looking for someone, looking for a way out.
After all these years,
Despite all the pain, I am still standing here.
But where am I?
Stranded in space with no clear path to guide me

Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh
Where is the path?
Oh-oh (Show me the way)
Oh-oh (Show me the way)
Oh-oh where am I?

Performance Summary: Projections were mainly used for this performance - with a lot of different colours being used to make the performance look as though it was performance ready. Similarly to the MV there is a fire effect at the large note at the end of the song with pyrotechnics adding to this to make it seem much more exciting and dramatic.

At the end of the song, there were a few shots of the crowd before we went live to the room in which the Beepeean Jury was. We could see that they were already discussing who should qualify...

Emmanuel Taylor: Good luck to the Beepeean Jury - I would not want to be them right now!

Lucie Dagenham: Not me! I think that they've got a very tough decision to make, haven't they? Should we have a look at the Britonish opinion?

Emmanuel Taylor: 57% goes to the trio TR3SANGULIS but the margins between the two songs are really close! Will TR3SANGULIS win the duel? We will find out at the end!

Lucie Dagenham: We can move on to the next Battle. Battle 3! Battle 3 is between the two boys - it's Samuel Garrison versus Elias Deichman!

Emmanuel Taylor: I actually love both these songs, so it'll be sad to see one of them go! Let's get on with it!

BATTLE THREE - NATANYA

Survive vs Riptide: The battle of the male soloists see Elias and Samuel take on each other. Who will qualify?

Æstareux iñez on Battle Three, Elias Deichman avecieme "Survive"

Elias Deichmann - Survive
Tune: Hurts - Voices
Music: James Embankment, T:Rodden, Raya Nicholls
Lyrics: Elias Eachann, James Davies, Raya Nicholls
Starting at 01:26
Are we gonna survive until daybreak?
Think about the risks we’re gonna have to take,
Watch every single step, every move you make.

No end in sight (oh),
Have I got you right by my side, tonight?
The darkness got me - the dark, cold void,
Inside me, it thrives - I’m paranoid,
No, I won’t survive.

Performance Summary: This was another dark performance that Britonisea was in general known for doing quite well. On a platform behind him, silhouetted were his backing singers with Elias standing in front. The camera angles created an uncomfortable viewing experience (on purpose), with the backing people looking much larger than they actually were. There was the use of canted angles and minimal use of vanity strobe effects. A concept that would be developed if the song gets to the final, with some very specific staging Elias would have to remember step by step.

Emmanuel Taylor: Æstareux segunwize on Battle Three, Samuel Garrison avecieme "Riptide"

Samuel Garrison - Riptide
Tune: Mako - Parable
Language: English, Scotatrovan
Music: Shaugna Yates, Paula Banks, Samuel Garrison
Lyrics: Ayden Amsterdam, Henry Ghost, Manley Hamilton, Yves St Piers
Starting at 01:43
Swimming towards the light,
A moving post, it’s false hope.
Losing against the force of the riptide.
I can’t breathe, but I... I must keep going,
‘Cuz I know you’re waiting.

How do I, how do I know,
I’m heading where you are?
I can’t control the tide.
How do I, how do I know,
That I have reached your shore?
How can, how can I be sure?

Performance Summary: Similarly to a few of the performances tonight, this song was mellow and the staging would be quite dark. Samuel starts off backstage with dancers trying to pull him back as he starts. Finally, as we move into the second half of the first verse, he manages to break free and runs onto the next stage. The scenery is pretty much black with a single streetlamp shining a light on where he was. Other dancers were passing him wearing dark cloaks/coats (compared to his white attire), with the chorus being a time when they would run and circle around him with a motion blur effect being used on the cameras to make the scenery a lot more dramatic and chaotic.

Emmanuel Taylor: Well done to the pair of you! You've put in a fantastic show!

Lucie Dagenham: Should we have a sneaky look at the Britonish votes? Who do you think should qualify, Brityunik?

Lucie Dagenham: Oh noooo! 49-51! This is getting really close - Elias has 49% approval, but the vote has slightly gone in Samuel's favour with 51%.

Emmanuel Taylor: Now, it is time to find out who will perform in Battle 4 which is decided by Waisnor. The votes by Britonisea have closed and we're now going to show you on the screen the top 2 songs. Ready...

BATTLE FOUR - WAISNOR

Emmanuel Taylor: Performing in Battle Four will be...

Emmanuel Taylor: DARLINGTON AND MAVERIA! Congratulations to you both! Commiserations to Lukas and Aria!

Lucie Dagenham: Could you make your way to the stage, Darlington? Darlington will perform first!

Emmanuel Taylor: Æstareux segunwize on Battle Four, Darlington avecieme "Lockdown"

Darlington - Lockdown
Tune: Majestic - Me & U
Music: Naomi Ayoub, Raz Bachta, Orel Dgani
Lyrics: Naomi Ayoub, Jake Apollo
Starting at 00:36
Just let me breathe, now
Heard the rumour?
Don’t need the lights to see, now
You think you’re rude, well I’m ruder
Silver in my drink, now
Call it Bombay
Can’t tell me nothing tonight, now
Catch me going til’ the Monday
Just let me breathe, now
Heard the rumour?
Don’t need the lights to see, now
You think you’re rude, well I’m ruder
Silver in my drink, now
Call it Bombay
Can’t tell me nothing tonight, now
We’ll be back on the Friday

We are going til lockdown, we are going til lockdown
We are going til lockdown, we are going
So you think that you can get it?
We are going til lockdown, we are going til lockdown
We are going til lockdown, we are going
So you think that you can get it?

Performance Summary: The performance was a lively one that had Darlington dancing along with those with her. Adding to the urban feel, she was wearing a white sleeveless gym shirt along with red trackies which the other dancers on the stage were wearing too.

Emmanuel Taylor: Æstareux segunwize on Battle Four, Maveria avecieme "Never The End"

Maveria - Never The End
Tune: Vanessa Amorosi- Hello Me
Music: Maveria Tyażon, Lartíżia Murażdö, Prażita Mironż
Lyrics: George Ingebritsen, Gail Hutton
Starting at 00:36
If you want to get up and leave without goodbyes,
And ignore my tears caused by all the lies you told,
Know that the pain I feel isn't irreparable,
This won't end, no, it's never the end

(ooooooh) Not the end
(ooooooh, ooooh) Not the end
(ooooooh) Can't let go 'cuz I know...

No matter how hard I try to forget you, I want you... more!

Performance Summary: Maveria was sitting in a crystalised dome which glistened amongst the strobe lights on the stage. She starts off in the dome, sitting down, slowly getting up and walking free from the dome as the song goes on.

Emmanuel Taylor: ....And that is it! All the acts of the Battle Stage have performed! Let's have a look at the Britonish approval rating!

Emmanuel Taylor: Neck on neck! Both acts have received 50% - who is going to qualify out of these two? Your guess is as good as mine!

Lucie Dagenham: Let's have a recap of all the performances tonight before we go to the Greenroom and chat to some of the starts of the show! We will then find out who will qualify for the Grand Final! Good luck to all!

*VT - Recap of the Battle Stage (4m15)*

Britonisea
Powerbroker

BVC | Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021 | Battle Stage Results

Postby Britonisea » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:00 pm

After Frida Grover had a chat with all of the acts, it was time to reveal the winners of each of the duels. They started to speak...

Emmanuel Taylor: Right, so it's nearly the end of the show! But first, we must find out who has qualified from each of the Battles. First up, it's Ertzei Kishim!

BATTLE ONE - ERTZEI KISHIM

There was huge applause for Ertzei Kishim. They were the nation that did the best at the WorldVision Song Contest over the past decade and so was a fitting choice to have come on the show.

Lucie Dagenham: Hello Shelly Yakovitch in Ertzei Kishim.

Shelly Yakovitch: Good evening Britonisea, Erev Tov from Ertzei Kishim. I’m sure you’re wanting to know who the Kishraeli jurors wanted to see in the final!

Emmanuel Taylor: We sure are! What are those results looking like...

Shelly Yakovitch: Well, wait no more, here are the Kishraeli results:

ALEX AND RIYAH
DO YOU LOVE ME?

Emmanuel Taylor: Congratulations to Alex and Riyah! You have one the duel 6-3. Sorry to you Mello Cinde. Well done Alex and Riyah once again!

BATTLE TWO - BEEPEE

Lucie Dagenham: Hiya Amina Pickle - and you sure are! Could you tell us how you voted?

Amina Pickle: Thank you for letting me help on the duels.

Emmanuel Taylor: The Beepeean Jury had a difficult time separating the two entrants. But... by a vote of 6 to 3 the Beepeean Jurors chose the song...

TR3SANGULIS
ETHEREAL

Amina Pickle: ...as their preferred candidate!

Emmanuel Taylor: Great, thank you so much! Well done to TR3SANGULIS and commiserations to Zoey Stratis.

BATTLE THREE - NATANYA

Lucie Dagenham: And hello Luther Lynx! Boy have I missed seeing you on my screen! Can we have the votes of the Natanyan Jury?

Luther Lynx: Hello, these are the votes of the Natanyan Jury...

ELIAS DEICHMANN
SURVIVE

Lucie Dagenham: Thank you Luther and have a brilliant day! Well done to Elias Deichman who has qualified for the Grand Final! Commiserations to you, Samuel! Hope to see you next year!

BATTLE FOUR - WAISNOR

Emmanuel Taylor: Right so finally the final Battle! Hello to you in Waisnor, Virgin Marina!

Virgin Marina: Hello there, these are the votes of Waisnor!

DARLINGTON
LOCKDOWN

Emmanuel Taylor: Thank you for giving us our final Grand Finalist!

After this, there were then interviews and whatnot. At the end the pair of them closed the show...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates