NATION

PASSWORD

ICDN Security Council (ICDN SC Members Only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Imperium Germaniae
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperium Germaniae » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:06 pm

Now, I will say we need an election for Security Council President. Arvan Irawer is the only one who has expressed interest. Are there any others? If not it will default to Arvan Irawer.
A world where Germany took a democratic path after winning the Great War. This does not represent my political views and is simply a simulation of a nation.
Overview Parliament Makeup Embassy Program

Co-Founder of the International Consortium of Democratic Nations

Trenaka
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Trenaka » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:52 pm

“Trenaka would like to express it’s interest in running for Security Council President.”
The Kingdom of Trenaka
Königreich Trenaka

A unitary constitutional monarchy in Central Europe.
Anthem
Trenakan National News: Trenaka withdraws from the GENA, joins the IFC -:- King Frederick II dissolves Parliament, calls new election on Chancellor Friedel’s request.

Bisexual atheist and social democrat.

South Americanastan
Minister

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby South Americanastan » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:06 pm

"South Americanastan would also like to run for president of the security council"
Last edited by South Americanastan on Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid"
My Embassy Program
Proud “Effie”
HOME OF THE BEST BASEBALL TEAM IN THE GREY WARDENS

Imperium Germaniae
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperium Germaniae » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:49 pm

"Alright. We will now give time for the three candidates to express why they should be ICDN Security Council President."
The Candidates:
Arvan Irawer
Trenaka
South Americanastan

"Questions may also be asked for these candidates. Once questioning and speaking has stopped, there will be a vote."
A world where Germany took a democratic path after winning the Great War. This does not represent my political views and is simply a simulation of a nation.

Arvan Irawer
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Arvan Irawer » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:18 am

Ioseph Del Olmo, Arvan Irawer's Security Council representative, stands and proceeds to make this speech on why Arvan Irawer would make a good Security Council President:

Members of the ICDN Security Council,

Arvan Irawer would first like to congratulate all members on being elected to a Security Council position. As you know we are currently electing a president for this Council. Arvan Irawer believes it would be an excellent option for said position.

One reason for this is because, Arvan Irawer has been in the ICDN for a while, being the tenth nation to apply and be accepted into the ICDN. This means that Arvan Irawer has experience within the ICDN and knows about many nations. Also, Arvan Irawer has always taken a stand in matters sometimes even helping other members to decide on a course of action. Furthermore, Arvan Irawer's candidate for the ICDN Peacekeeping head was in the final vote and actively participates in decisions concerning ICDN deployments. This means Arvan Irawer will be in close contact with other bodies of the ICDN, creating assurance that we are acting in the best interest of the ICDN.

Arvan Irawer has many plans on what it would do if it was elected. Plans such as, creating a vice-president of the security council who will assist in the duties. Creating a special committee to oversee the security council, and possibly even the ICDN as a whole, to make sure that the security council is acting in the best interest of the ICDN. The committee would consist of four members and would not include the president or vice-president to establish impartiality. Another action Arvan Irawer would take is, to establish aid forces, similar to the peacekeeping forces, that would assist a nation in any way necessary. There are other plans but I will refrain from speaking of them at this moment.

Arvan Irawer hopes that nations will vote for us, and wishes the best of luck to other Candidates.

I will now accept questions.

Ioseph Del Olmo, sits back down and reviews his notes.
A 75.9 highly developed nation, according to this index
Former Member of ICDN(defunct)

National News:

This nation does not represent my views, Some NS stats are cannon, Most NS policies are cannon

Corrington
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Corrington » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:15 am

Arvan Irawer wrote:Arvan Irawer has many plans on what it would do if it was elected. Plans such as, creating a vice-president of the security council who will assist in the duties. Creating a special committee to oversee the security council, and possibly even the ICDN as a whole, to make sure that the security council is acting in the best interest of the ICDN. The committee would consist of four members and would not include the president or vice-president to establish impartiality. Another action Arvan Irawer would take is, to establish aid forces, similar to the peacekeeping forces, that would assist a nation in any way necessary. There are other plans but I will refrain from speaking of them at this moment.

Arvan Irawer hopes that nations will vote for us, and wishes the best of luck to other Candidates.

I will now accept questions.

Question for Ioseph Del Olmo:
“You mentioned that as Security Council President, you would create a special committee to oversee the security council. How would this committee’s members be established, and what suggests that this council is in need of additional oversight?”

Corrington will ask questions of other candidates once they have given their introductory speech.
Last edited by Corrington on Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
I.C.D.N. Security Council President, Founder of S.E.T.Z.A.

Arvan Irawer
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Arvan Irawer » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:00 pm

Corrington wrote:
Question for Ioseph Del Olmo:
“You mentioned that as Security Council President, you would create a special committee to oversee the security council. How would this committee’s members be established, and what suggests that this council is in need of additional oversight?”

Corrington will ask questions of other candidates once they have given their introductory speech.

"Thank you for your question. The members would be established on a rotating basis. It would consist of two security council members and two non security council members. The rotations would go in order of acceptance into the ICDN, i.e. nations that have been members the longest would go first, slowly working down the line, then repeating. Time on the council would last for two months*.

Arvan Irawer believes that such a committee is necessary due to the power that comes with a security council position that can easily be abused. Furthermore, if the committee was expanded to oversee all of the ICDN it would incorporate another level of assurance that we are part of a democratic organisation. I would like to point out that this committee would have no legislative powers and if they do find something to not be in the best interest of the ICDN they can give a recommendation on what to do, they cannot just veto."

*(OOC:) I would expect that to be about four weeks irl time, but if anyone has a better idea I would be open to consider it.

National News:

This nation does not represent my views, Some NS stats are cannon, Most NS policies are cannon

South Americanastan
Minister

Postby South Americanastan » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:18 pm

After announcing that South Americanastan will run for president of the security council, South Americanastanian candidate Micheal Walsh gives his introductory speech.

To my colleagues in the ICDN Security Council,

We are honored to have been elected to the first ICDN Security council and would like to congratulate the other members of the Security Council on accomplishing this feat. I believe that South Americanastan would be the right country for this position. This is due to South Americanastan's history in international diplomatic relations, most notably authoring the Treaty of Addis Ababa that ended the Alcotan-Ethiopia conflict. We have also being in the ICDN for a relatively long time, being the 12th nation to join the ICDN. Furthermore, South Americanastan has been active in International conflict and diplomacy ever since it's founding.

If we are elected as the President of the ICDN Security Council, we will ensure the Council is run efficiently and smoothly. We share Arvan Irwar's belief that there should be a Vice President of the Security Council to assist the President in decision making. We also believe that terms should be limited to 3 months [3 OOC Months, as most nations operate on a 1 IC= 1 OOC time basis], with emergency elections taking place in the event a Security Council member resigns or leaves the ICDN. The Security Council should be used to pass emergency legislation ONLY, with non-emergency legislation being up to all members of ICDN.

I thank all of you for your time, and wish good luck to the other candidates.
My Embassy Program
Proud “Effie”

Corrington
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Corrington » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:29 am

South Americanastan wrote:After announcing that South Americanastan will run for president of the security council, South Americanastanian candidate Micheal Walsh gives his introductory speech.

To my colleagues in the ICDN Security Council,

We are honored to have been elected to the first ICDN Security council and would like to congratulate the other members of the Security Council on accomplishing this feat. I believe that South Americanastan would be the right country for this position. This is due to South Americanastan's history in international diplomatic relations, most notably authoring the Treaty of Addis Ababa that ended the Alcotan-Ethiopia conflict. We have also being in the ICDN for a relatively long time, being the 12th nation to join the ICDN. Furthermore, South Americanastan has been active in International conflict and diplomacy ever since it's founding.

If we are elected as the President of the ICDN Security Council, we will ensure the Council is run efficiently and smoothly. We share Arvan Irwar's belief that there should be a Vice President of the Security Council to assist the President in decision making. We also believe that terms should be limited to 3 months [3 OOC Months, as most nations operate on a 1 IC= 1 OOC time basis], with emergency elections taking place in the event a Security Council member resigns or leaves the ICDN. The Security Council should be used to pass emergency legislation ONLY, with non-emergency legislation being up to all members of ICDN.

I thank all of you for your time, and wish good luck to the other candidates.

“Though Corrington’s initial proposal had year-long terms, we wouldn’t be averse to 3 month terms for democratic purposes, so that more nations than an elite few are able to have a say in this body. It also seems that a Vice President position is a popular plan among our three candidates. Would Vice President be selected by the President, or elected/appointed in some other fashion?”
I.C.D.N. Security Council President, Founder of S.E.T.Z.A.

Trenaka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Trenaka » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:09 am

"I would like to congratulate all other members of this Council on ascending to this body. I believe that Trenaka will be an excellent option for Security Council President. Trenaka is a new nation to the ICDN, and therefore has not becomed accustomed to the politics of this organization. We will be non-partisan, working for the common good of all member states.

In regards to the propositions that the other members have made, we also believe that this Council should have a Vice President, acting as an advisor to the President on major decisions. We believe that this Vice President should be elected in a separate election than the Presidential one, and that the President and Vice President cannot be from the same nation, to avoid one nation having too much power.

We also believe that this Council should not concern itself with small legislative actions, and should instead vote on more militarily based actions, such as aiding a member nation in the case of a war, or judicial actions, such as a nation not following the legislation created by the General Assembly. Finally, we believe in shorter term limits for Security Council members.
The Kingdom of Trenaka
Königreich Trenaka

Anthem
Trenakan National News: Trenaka withdraws from the GENA, joins the IFC -:- King Frederick II dissolves Parliament, calls new election on Chancellor Friedel’s request.

South Americanastan
Minister

Postby South Americanastan » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:09 pm

Corrington wrote:“Though Corrington’s initial proposal had year-long terms, we wouldn’t be averse to 3 month terms for democratic purposes, so that more nations than an elite few are able to have a say in this body. It also seems that a Vice President position is a popular plan among our three candidates. Would Vice President be selected by the President, or elected/appointed in some other fashion?”

"Under our plan, the Vice President would be the appointed by the president, to ensure an adequate level of cohesiveness in the administration of the ICDN security council, And by 3 month terms we mean 3 month presidential terms, membership of the SC is still for one year."
My Embassy Program
Proud “Effie”

Trenaka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Trenaka » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:27 am

"I call for a temporary suspension of this debate to vote on an ultimatum towards the Traditional Military Alliance to halt the invasion of Gadalland and Aspern."
The Kingdom of Trenaka
Königreich Trenaka

Anthem

Arvan Irawer
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Arvan Irawer » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:49 am

Trenaka wrote:"I call for a temporary suspension of this debate to vote on an ultimatum towards the Traditional Military Alliance to halt the invasion of Gadalland and Aspern."

Yes, I agree. An ultimatum should be drafted, then we should vote on it and, if it passes, then we should send it to the Traditional Military Alliance.
Last edited by Arvan Irawer on Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

National News:

Imperium Germaniae
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperium Germaniae » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:58 am

Trenaka wrote:"I call for a temporary suspension of this debate to vote on an ultimatum towards the Traditional Military Alliance to halt the invasion of Gadalland and Aspern."

I second this. Trenaka, would you like to draft this proposal?

Dalmannia
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Dalmannia » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:13 am

“Dalmannia seconds the delegate from Trenaka’s call for a suspension of debate. And will vote in favor of delivering an ultimatum.”

Union of Australia and South Africa
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 16, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Australia and South Africa » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:19 am

Dalmannia wrote:

“Dalmannia seconds the delegate from Trenaka’s call for a suspension of debate. And will vote in favor of delivering an ultimatum.”

The UASA also votes in favor of delivering an ultimatum because it has already attacked the TMA headquarters for its declaration of war against Sharfistan
Successor State to the United Australasian Commonwealth
Member of IPDA , and the Federation of Australasian States , Observer of the ICDN

Trenaka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Trenaka » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:33 am

ICDN Security Council Resolution #1: "Ultimatum to the Traditional Military Alliance"
The Security Council,
Regarding the invasion of Gadalland and Aspern as an international issue,
Realizing that the invasion of a democratic country without provocation cannot be tolerated,
Hereby:
- Gives the Traditional Military Alliance 48 hours to cease all offensives against Gadalland and Aspern,
- Requires that their forces be completely evacuated within a week,
Failure to comply with this ultimatum will result in a declaration of war.
The Kingdom of Trenaka
Königreich Trenaka

Anthem

South Americanastan
Minister

Postby South Americanastan » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:39 am

Trenaka wrote:
ICDN Security Council Resolution #1: "Ultimatum to the Traditional Military Alliance"
The Security Council,
Realizing that the invasion of a democratic country without provocation cannot be tolerated,
Hereby:
- Gives the Traditional Military Alliance 48 hours to cease all offensives against Gadalland and Aspern,

“South Americanastan votes aye”
Last edited by South Americanastan on Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Embassy Program
Proud “Effie”

Trenaka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Trenaka » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:42 am

Trenaka wrote:
The Security Council,
Hereby:

"I, of course, vote aye."
The Kingdom of Trenaka
Königreich Trenaka

Anthem

Dalmannia
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Dalmannia » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:53 am

Trenaka wrote:
The Security Council,
Hereby:

Dalmannia votes aye.

Arvan Irawer
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Arvan Irawer » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:05 pm

Trenaka wrote:
The Security Council,
Hereby:

Arvan Irawer VOTES AYE.

National News:

Hopal
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hopal » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:05 pm

Trenaka wrote:
The Security Council,
Hereby:

Hopal votes Aye hoping that the Traditionalist Alliance accept the ultimatum as Hopal had fought with many members of the Traditionalist Alliance during the Shairifstani Civil War, and if the ICDN declared war Hopal would need to make a tough political decision.
A Nation in South America, comprised of indigenous tribes, immigrants, French and Portuguese settlers, and European Socialists.
Representative Greg Shields (D-CA-28) [Twilight's Last Gleaming]

Union of Australia and South Africa
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 16, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Australia and South Africa » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:23 pm

Trenaka wrote:
The Security Council,
Hereby:

UASA votes aye and sends more spies to the TMA building

we have more intel on the bases

it appears one Insaanistani Base has been set up in the Outback without the Knowledge of the UASA
Last edited by Union of Australia and South Africa on Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Successor State to the United Australasian Commonwealth
Member of IPDA , and the Federation of Australasian States , Observer of the ICDN

Trenaka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Trenaka » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:51 pm

(OOC: We may need to give some time to the TMA to let them reorganize after their founder got CTE’d.)
The Kingdom of Trenaka
Königreich Trenaka

Anthem

South Americanastan
Minister

Postby South Americanastan » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:54 pm

OOC: They've already reorganised, apparently Sharifistan knew the potentially offensive content he was posting and appointed Insaanistan his successor."
My Embassy Program
Proud “Effie”

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates