NATION

PASSWORD

The 56th WHF- Sterblichengokai, Tödlichebujoku- Draft Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Togonistan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 08, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:46 pm

XX. Togonistan
"New World" - Audiorhythm

Language(s): English
Lyrics: Ray Carter, Nang Tae-Young, Alyn Tuvalu
Music: Ray Carter, Sailo Ausage
Tune: Pentatonix & Lindsey Stirling - ''Radioactive''

A musical project Audiorhythm is representing Togonistan in the 56th World Hit Festival.

For the 56th World Hit Festival, Togonistani broadcaster Lucky 7 made a change to their application format and contacted various musicians throughout the nation in order to form a special group to send to the orchestral edition. After long talks with multiple singers and songwriters, Lucky 7 eventually came to an agreement with five musicians who agreed to participate in the project. The group, named Audiorhythm, was formed solely with the contest in mind and worked closely with the broadcaster to make an entry which would comply with the ruleset of the orchestral edition.

Audiorhythm consists of five musicians who have established themselves a name in the local music industry:

Ray Carter started out as a solo artist 10 years ago. Despite being a niche artist, he gained a fair amount of international recognition following his performance at the 55th Worlf Hit Festival in Brahmokerto, where he represented Togonistan with his band The Gatherers. Ray contributed heavily by writing the music for the song and is providing backing vocals for the performance.

Pita Fanene is a Togonistani musician who rose to fame during his participation in the third season of The Voice: Togonistan, where he finished as a runner-up. So far, he has released two solo albums and participated in the 39th World Hit Festival, representing Mercedini as part of a group called CONGRUENCE. Pita is one of the lead singers of the group during WHF 56.

Sailo Ausage is a rap and RnB artist, known for mixing elements of beatboxing into his songs. Jokingly called a human drum machine, it is his first time in World Hit Festival and he will showcase his beatboxing skills to accompany the tune.

Nang Tae-Young is a well known singer and TV host. With a long music career behind her, she is most prominently known to the international audience for hosting the 61st WorldVision Song Contest in Hwoarang alongside Alyn Tuvalu.

Alyn Tuvalu is a signer and songwriter known for performing a wide variety of songs from various genres. For the international audience, he is most prominently known as the winner of the 59th WorldVision Song Contest in Thatcher City as well as one of the host of the 61st WorldVision Song Contest in Hwoarang.

Performance:

Members of Audiorhythm are standing on the stairs on the stage, spread out in a loose formation. The stage is dark enough to cover the faces of the group members in darkness, yet lit up enough so that it is possible to see their silhouettes. Screens around the arena display a desert wasteland during night, with cold wind moving various particles around. As the music progresses, a spotlight lands on Pita, who starts singing the first verse. He is dressed all in black, wearing a long coat open in the front, revealing a dark sweater underneath. In addition, he wears black slim jeans accompanied by military boots.

I'm waking up to the windy cold,
Can't see the sun and the grass is gone,
I look around, can't see much around.
The world we built, all is gone, massive houses all torn down by storm.
This is it, the final dawn, whoa.

As the chorus starts, another spotlight lands on Nang Tae-Young, who joins in with the singing. Just like Pita, she is also dressed in full black, wearing a baggy off-shoulder top with a belt around her wist, accompanied by leather leggings and fur boots. Nang and Pita look at each other from time to time while singing the chorus,

I'm rising up, I feel it in my soul
Filling this void with hope
Starting the new era, it's the new era.
Whoa, whoa, we build a new world, we build a new world.

Lights in the arena start flashing, with spotlights lighting up every member of the group standing on the stairs, one at a time, just for split second. Every member can be seen standing and looking into nothingness with a calm expression on their face, with an exception of Nang who is doing the backing vocals and Sailo, who is busy doing beatboxing vocals during the break.

As the song progresses into the second verse, Alyn is lit up by the spotlight and starts singing. He is wearing a black leather jacket that is open from the front, revealing a black T-shirt underneath. In addition, he wears black jeans and hiking boots. Alyn sings the second verse.

We're settling in, sharpening tools,
New structures rise from the ashes and dust.
This is it, the new era, whoa.

As the chorus starts again, spotlights land on Nang and Pita, who start singing the chorus. They both move themselves to the rhythm of the music while singing, interchangeably looking at each other as well as at the audience.

I'm rising up, I feel it in my soul

Group members start walking down the stairs as Pita sings the next verse. Stage starts lighting up and screens start displaying a sun slowly rising up.

World is shaping up, sun rises again.
Birds start to sing, humankind survives.

Group members slowly make their way down the stairs and stand next to each other on the stage. Nang puts her microphone to the mouth and sings the long note, as other group members provide backing vocals.

I'm rising up
(Brothers and sisters, it's the new world, welcome to the new era)
I'm rising up

Group members start swinging their body to the rhythm of the music as they sing the final chorus with smiles on their faces. Ray and Alyn start clapping their hands above their heads as the chorus progresses to the final two lines.

I feel it in my soul

Audience on the arena starts cheering as Auidorhythm members bow to them once the song ends. ''Thank you Sterblichengokai! Pita shouts out before the group leaves the stage.
Last edited by Togonistan on Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joija
Envoy

Founded: Jun 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Joija » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:30 pm

XX. Joija
"Stars" - House of the Devil ft. Lania Walsh

Language(s): English
Lyrics: The Eliminator (Nate Nakamura), 5G (Marcelo Lopez), Lania Walsh
Music: The Eliminator, 5G and Travis Hunt
Tune: Unfinished Sympathy - Massive Attack

Artist Background

House of the Devil
House of the Devil was founded in 1998 in the city of Roos Bay, Victoria by childhood friends Nate "The Eliminator" Nakamura (b. 1983), Marcelo "5G" Lopez (b. 1981) and Martinus "Machine" Kessler (b. 1981). The band is well-known for featuring female singers in their songs. Their first hit, "Ammunition Round", released in 2001, featured Australian singer Mia and helped propel the band into the mainstream. Other hit songs include "Hologram", "Unneeded", "Sutures", "My Love" and "Don't Tell Me". They have 8 albums as of 2021, including "House of the Devil", "Ammunition Round", "Telephonic", "Wooded Spirit" and "Silentia". In 2003, Machine left the band, citing creative differences and a desire to raise a family with his wife. Female singers that have worked alongside House of the Devil include Mia, Luisa Raé (Cinema Novo), Cat Feiner, Lilith Falk-Minerva (Funeral Express), Arielle de Jesús and Saf Mapoyo.

Lania Walsh
Lania Walsh-Ali is a British singer, songwriter and activist. She was born October 15, 1997 to a Welsh-Dutch father and a Guyanese mother in Newport, Wales, and was raised in both Cardiff and Utrecht. She has worked with multiple bands before, including British indie pop band Miss Mania. She reached #1 on the charts in Ireland, The Netherlands and Joija with the song "Let Me Go", catching the attention of House of the Devil member 5G.

Stars
Stars was the composition brainchild of 5G. After experimenting with idiophonic instruments, he came up with a backing percussion (that has an almost 'twinkly' sound to it when heard in the song). The Eliminator overheard this, and started making another backing percussion track, this time with a drum machine. He also contributed to keyboards, and 5G did the scratching heard in the original track, but the live version does not use this. When 5G heard that Walsh was going to be touring in Joija, he went to a concert in Olpa Leeuw, and asked if Walsh would like to contribute to the track. She agreed immediately. The song was recorded in Blue Moon Studios, Olpa Leeuw (with the exception of the string section). The string section was composed by Travis Hunt, a famed Joijan classical crossover composer and close friend of The Eliminator, who has worked for the likes of the Othonese and Kalistrian Philharmonic Orchestras. The string section was done at Joija Radio Broadcasting Studios in St. Tristian by the 87-piece St. Tristian Symphony Orchestra.

Stars is a song about unrequited love.

Lyrics and staging:

Walsh will be the only one clearly visible on stage, with the spotlight being aimed at her even when she moves. This is the outfit as seen backstage, a tribute to her West African roots, designed by Rachelle Abara.

Walsh walks on stage under a dark blue spotlight. Eliminator, who is behind, starts tapping the hi hat. Conductor Travis Hunt gives the indication to start. 5G starts playing the keyboard once the instrumental starts.

[Instrumental]

Walsh starts to approach the microphone. The light becomes less dim, giving a clearer view of Walsh as she starts to sing.

(Ooh ooh ooh ooh... ooh ooh ooh ooh)
(Ooh ooh ooh ooh... ooh)

[Verse]:
I know I've let my heart lead me before
Imagining life with you
Kinda hurts me, maybe
Really hurts me, maybe
How I can't have a day without my night
Why can't your heart just open?
And now I've been left so torn

Walsh grabs the microphone and steps away from the mic stand, walking around to the front centre part of the stage. She interacts with the audience and the main spotlight follows her and changes to a light red colour as she moves.

Walsh, still standing front centre, stands up from crouching. A close-up of her face is shown on the screen on stage, which gradually pans out to a half-body shot as she moves around the front of the stage. She smiles at an audience member.

[Verse 2]:
Your affection's what I'm gonna miss
Please stop my mind and body aching
Kinda hurts me, maybe
Really hurts me, maybe
How I can't have a day without my night
Why can't your heart just open?
And now I've been left so torn

Walsh walks back to the main section of the stage, waving at audience members as she goes by. The spotlights go to a dark red as she stands at the main stage, putting the microphone back onto the stand. She starts to sing again.

[Chorus]:
Like a bird without its song
A canvas without art
A moon without its stars
Ai-ai-ai ai-i-i

As Walsh gently dances along to the music, smiling to the audience through the rear screen, 5G starts to play a small part on the keyboard.

[Instrumental]

She approaches the microphone again, the spotlights becoming a medium hue of green. She starts to sing, tearing up slightly towards the last chorus.

[Chorus]:
Ay-ay-ay, ai-i-i
A canvas without art
A moon without its stars

A canvas without art
A moon without its stars

A canvas without art
A moon without its stars

Walsh steps back from the microphone, wiping tears from her face. The spotlight then emphasises the orchestra as the music intensifies.

[Instrumental]

End.
Last edited by Joija on Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Hey guys. It's me, a dummy that runs a Mediterranean-climate island nation of 78 million idiots. Check us out, we're kinda warm and kinda cool. Sweeeeeet.

Funderland Helsberg suffers first fatal accident in 14 years / 2.1m Joijans test positive for COVID / Man arrested for looking at more people 'menacingly'

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:09 am

Alright everyone, you all have the grace period until 11:59 pm 3am CST to have all your RP written out!
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Previous

Return to NationStates