NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision Song Contest 86 IC - Oreo City, Antahbrantahstan

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Antahbrantahstan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 29, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Antahbrantahstan » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:43 am

Margaret: "And 77 points, are going to..."

Elejamie!

"Congratulations, darling."

Harashta Haifa Zahra | TBA | Sophie Kirana | Ketut Permata Juliastrid Sari | Melati Tedja | TBA

Antahbrantahstan
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Antahbrantahstan » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:49 am

Margaret: "And now ladies, gentlemen, and in-between, we now have 10 nations still waiting for their televote to be announced, which is: Beepee, Todlichebujoku, Ethane, Pemecutan, Britonisea, North Alezia, Malta Comino Gozo, Antahbrantahstan, Polkopia, and finally, Scotatrova. Each and every one of you, i wish you good luck. Here we go."

"Placing 10th in the televote, with 79 points, it is.."

Beepee!

"Congratulations, love!"

Harashta Haifa Zahra | TBA | Sophie Kirana | Ketut Permata Juliastrid Sari | Melati Tedja | TBA

Antahbrantahstan
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Antahbrantahstan » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:55 am

Margaret: "Placing 9th in the televote, also with 79 points, it is.."

Ethane!

"Congratulations, love!"

Antahbrantahstan
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Antahbrantahstan » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:59 am

Margaret: "8th in the televote, with 80 points! What a coincidence, goes to.."

Pemecutan!

"Congratulations!"

Antahbrantahstan
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Antahbrantahstan » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:02 am

Margaret: "And now, 7th in the televote, with 81 points, goes to.."

North Alezia!

"Congratulations to you!"

Antahbrantahstan
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Antahbrantahstan » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:10 am

Margaret: "And now, 6th in the televote, with a whopping 83 points, it goes to.."

Malta Comino Gozo!!

"Congratulations, my love! You did great!"

Antahbrantahstan
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Antahbrantahstan » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:18 am

Margaret: Now, there are 5 nations left, which is Todlichebujoku, Britonisea, Antahbrantahstan, Polkopia, and Scotatrova, again, good luck to all five of you. The country that receives the 5th highest score with 84 points, it is..."

Polkopia!

"Congratulations, honey! Very well done!"

Antahbrantahstan
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Antahbrantahstan » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:22 am

Margaret: "From five, it goes down to four, and the country that receives the 4th highest televote points with 86 points, it is..."

Todlichebujoku!!

"You did it!! Congratulations!!"

Antahbrantahstan
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Antahbrantahstan » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:27 am

Margaret: "And then, there were three, and now, i'm going to announce the country, which receives the 3rd highest televote score with 90 points, it is..."

Britonisea!

"Congratulations to you all! And now we finally have the two last standing!"

Antahbrantahstan
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Antahbrantahstan » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:42 am

Margaret: "Now, ladies, inbetweens, and gentleman, now we have the two last standing. Will the winner be Scotatrova, or will the winner be Antahbrantahstan?"

The lights then dimmed out, with spotlights shining on Margaret, the host, kinda like this image.

"I can confirm, that the winner gets 117 points from the public vote, whereas the runner-up gets 99 points from the public vote, enough to ensure a win."

"Without further ado, the winner, of the 86th WorldVision Song Contest, held in Oreo City, joining the winner's hall of fame, is..."

SCOTATROVA!!!!!

The lights then lit up again, with pyros all around the stage, signifying that another winner is born, the camera now looks at the winning representative, who is crying and hugging her other delegate friends in the green room, realizing that they have made another history, accompanied by the winning soundtrack.

Margaret: "Now i'm letting the winner take the stage for a reprise, and meanwhile, thank you so much to everyone who have been watching this show, and to all Indonesian speakers: Terima Kasih Telah Menyaksikan Acara Ini, and now, i bid you all Good Night! From the beautiful Oreo City!"

Scotatrova
Senator

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

REPRISE

Postby Scotatrova » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:32 am

Ximena sat with her group in the green room as the results came in. She was shocked seeing Scotatrova soar to first place in the jury scores, something that has never happened before. She grabbed the hands of her two male back up dancers, who sat on either sides of her. They too were probably the most nervous besides Ximena. With the conclusion of the jury votes, it was time for the televote. As more and more nation's points were called, Ximena grew more and more anxious. Eventually it dwindled down to the top 10 and Scotatrova still hadn't been called. Then, it was the top five, and soon after the top three. With just Britonisea, Antahbrantahstan and Scotatrova left to be called, Ximena slouched back in her seat and held the Scotatrovian flag they all were holding up just below her eyes. Britonisea was called as the nation with the third highest televoting score, narrowing it down between Scotatrova and the host, Antahbrantahstan. In that moment, Ximena felt her heart flutter. She couldn't believe that this was happening. Then, it was revealed that Scotatrova won the televote by over 100 points, and thereby solidfying her win. The crowd and the green room erupted into cheers. For Ximena, it was like the world started to slow down. She sat there in such shock at seeing her name displayed as the winner on the screens in the green room and pretty soon she found herself being helped up by her dancers. Them and her team were celebrating by jumping around and hugging one another, each of them hugging her as well. Once the realization of what happened processed for her, she covered her mouth with her hand as tears started streaming down her face. When she took her hand from her face she was smiling, and was overwhelmed with tears of joy. She then made her way onto the stage with her dancers who held each of her hands to greet the host Margaret Rumkorem. After a small exchange of words, Margaret asked Ximena the question. "So, do you feel like performing your winning song for us. Ximena smiled and wiped a tear from her cheek. "Of course!" Her and the dancers made their way onto the stage as the tone was set for the reprise performance.

With the commencement of the song, Ximena sits atop a rectangular platform in the middle ring of the stage. The stage flashes in a flurry of red lights in sync with the song. Ximena is dressed in a fully red robe that covers her from head to toe as she sits on the platform. Her legs are crossed over one another and she holds the microphone in her right hand, with her left being used to prop her up as she leans to the side. On the outer ring of the stage, there are two male dancers, each of them to the left and right of Ximena respectively. To display her better, a white stagelight is shined down upon her. This makes it clearer for the audience to see Ximena, while still leaving the rest of the stage bathed in deep red.

Give me distractions
So that I can forget you
And so that I can move past it
I'll write my music
And turn up the melody
That you can no longer interrupt now

While she starts singing, she tilts her head back. The hood of the robe falls back and her hair slowly comes undone, being held in place by the robe. The two male dancers begin to dance in conjunction with the beat. Ximena brings her head back up to look towards the camera as it pans in closer to her. As it does, it moves in a circular motion, moving around her. Her eyes follow the camera, and just as she cuts gaze to look forward, she gives a smirk. When she sings "I'll write my music" she lays down on her back on the platform. The camera angle then switches to one directly over her. She lays on her arm while she does so, and her robe covers the platform in lacy red. She keeps eye contact with the camera as she ends the verse and sits up.

Whoo!

Ooo la la la la la la la la la
La la la la la la la la

With the bass drop, the stage lights begin to move back and forth. This time they rapidly strobe in a series of red and white. The male dancers on the outer ring of the stage halt their dancing, and stand in place, each looking out toward the audience. Ximena, now sitting up on her platform, claps with one hand on her lap as she swings her hair back and forth. She raises her arms above, still clapping and looks up to the ceiling.

I do better alone
With no more burdens
Because that’s all you were to me
Hate to say it aloud
But baby its true
I'm not one to watch my tongue

Give me distractions
So that I can forget you
And so that I can move past it
I'll write my music
And turn up the melody
That you can no longer interrupt now

After the verse ends, Ximena starts loosening up her robe as the two male dancers make their way to her. As they get to her, each of them grabs her by one arm and lifts her up off the platform onto the main inner stage. The robe then falls seamlessly off of her shoulders, falling to the floor. Hidden underneath the robe, Ximena has on a red velour bodysuit One of the dancers make his way off the stage while the other stays with Ximena. He gets down on his knees and looks up at her. She keeps the microphone steady in one hand as she uses the other to caress his cheek. The dancer glares up at her as if he's done something shameful and now seeks forgiveness. Ximena still holds onto his cheek with one hand and then uses it to grab him gently by the chin, which signals him to stand up. From there she slightly pushes him away, not needing him anymore.

Whoo!

La la la la la la la la

The second dancer that left earlier in the performance comes back with a chair in hand. He places it down in front of Ximena, and she straddles it facing backwards. She leans on both of her elbows as she sits in the chair, and again starts shaking her hair back and forth. She claps her hands to the rythm as before, this time with the male dancers beside her. The lights then start to strobe in a blood orange and white sequence. The camera pans close to Ximena, and she gives the camera an adoring gaze enjoying herself on stage. She then leans back out of the chair, to the point where her hair drapes down to the floor before shooting right back up.

I need distractions
To keep you away from me
Maybe I need to spell it out
Whatever you think
That this is I can promise
It will be ugly for just one of us

Whoo!

La la la la la la la la

Ximena gets up from her chair and places one knee on it. Both men come up to Ximena, and start to slowly cozy up to her. Ximena continues to look straight ahead, seemingly ignoring the men's advances. She keeps focus on camera while this happens, unaffected by the situation. Then during the last few moments of the song, she begins to entertain their advances. She smiles as she again pushes past in front of them and continues with the song. Once the song ends, the stage lights up in a steady white light. Ximena bends over in relief and moves her hair out of her face when she comes back up to thank the crowd. "Thank you!' She wraps both arms around the male dancers as they make their way off stage, basking in the glory of their victory.
The Scotatrovian People's Republic
La Repuvlia eh’Oneix Scotatrofina

Official Factbook

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates