NATION

PASSWORD

What’s the best way to become Capitalizt?

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Lukahils2
Civilian

Founded: Sep 28, 2020
Ex-Nation

What’s the best way to become Capitalizt?

Postby Lukahils2 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:23 am

I’ve decided to set the goal of becoming a Capitalizt government type. Traditionally I’ve been Civil Rights Lovefest but have been Left Leaning College state for a while. However I noticed it’s been difficult to add to my Economic freedom’s score without compromising my civil rights (and vise versa), especially when it counts the lgbt issues... thoughts?

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:29 am

First, this should probably go to Gameplay.

Second, the only way you could be capitalist is by answering issues and choosing options that lean towards more economic freedom. If your goal is to chiefly be capitalist then I'd say sacrifice some of the political freedom or civil rights. If you want a compromise(high economic and political freedom, and a lot of civil rights), then I'd say prioritise economy first, but when economy doesn't involve then maybe boost some civil rights or political freedom.

Just my two cents
johnathan

Lillorainen
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lillorainen » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:59 am

Oii,
Capitalizt here. ^^ Since this nation type is assigned to nations with high personal and economic, as well as mediocre political freedom (not too high, or you'll end up classified as 'Anarchy'), you indeed do need to boost your economic freedom - which, however, in my experience, is well possible without damaging Civil Rights in most cases. As a general rule, try to be as friendly to the market and, in particular, enterprises as possible - this will almost certainly increase your economic freedom (which, in my nation, is at a value of 74.9 as we speak). As for Civil Rights, it is a bit more complicated, for things like free speech and press will usually have an impact on both personal and political freedom. Try to adopt liberal policies on alcohol, drugs, immigration, freedom of movement, LGBT rights, things like that, which will increase your personal, but not necessarily political freedom. I can only speak from my own experience - it's a long way to get there and requires a lot of micro-management, but depending on where you started (logically, for everything you did at this point has an influence on in how far future decisions change stats), it's well within the realm of possibility.
I hope, that this helps a bit. ^^
(And indeed, it should be in the Gameplay subforum ...)

Regards,
Lillo
Since Lillorainen's geography is currently being overhauled a 'tiny' bit, most information on it posted before December 12, 2018, is not entirely reliable anymore. Until there's a new, proper factfile, everything you might need to know can be found here. Thank you. #RetconOfDoom (Very late update, 2020/08/30 - it's still going on ...)

Return to NationStates