NATION

PASSWORD

World Hit Festival 53 - Bovingdon, Britonisea (DISCUSSION)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

World Hit Festival 53 - Bovingdon, Britonisea (DISCUSSION)

Postby Britonisea » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:00 pm

DRAFT THREAD - IC THREAD - NSWIKI PAGE - WHF NETWORK
Draft Thread 26th July
Closure of Draft 9th August, 22:00 BST
Voting Deadline 16th August, 22:00 BST
Winner Known By 23rd August

Welcome to Britonisea!

Hello everybody and welcome back to Britonisea for the 53rd World Hit Festival! I must say, before I go on, well done to the Britonish team for winning for the seventh time, the fourth time in Kalosia. Britonisea won with 38 points as ELIANA wowed the audience with her heartfelt tune, "Tongue-Tied". Seeing Britonisea place at the top had me truly "Tongue-Tied" and I wondered whether Britonisea would host their seventh title. As you can see, Bovingdon was eventually chosen at the town that would host the 53rd World Hit Festival. The nation will be hosting the World Hit with a twist, aiming to bring out the Festival in World Hit Festival. More information is outlined in the Welcome Pack. I certainly look forward to going back to Britonisea!

I can announce that the 56th World Hit Festival will be a themed edition like it was for the 46th World Hit Festival. More information regarding the 56th World Hit Festival will be announced next edition. The 56th World Hit Festival will also be in conjunction with the upcoming 8th edition of the Junior World Hit Festival - with more information about that coming next edition too.

So many exciting projects coming ahead for the World Hit Festival, but for now, enjoy the show in Bovingdon!

Guy Autriche
World Hit Festival Overseer

What is the World Hit Festival?
The World Hit Festival (WHF) is a multiversal song competition. Each nation shall enter 1 song and 1 artist, and it shall be 'performed' via roleplay. Most nations tend to use a real-life tune as a musical backing, but every entry submitted to the World Hit Festival is required to have original lyrics (ie. if you submit a tune, you must re-write the lyrics), so this does mean that instrumental entries are blocked from entering the contest.

WHF operates with three threads, the OOC, Draft, and IC threads. The one you are seeing now is the OOC/Sign-ups thread, the main place for you to discuss the contest, reveal your entrant, etc. All OOC chatter goes here. The Draft Thread, opened by the host, is the second thread opened up during a WHF contest, and this draft thread is where nations will post and work on their entries until a deadline determined by the host. The IC thread, also opened by the host is the third and final thread attached to a WHF, and it is where the host will transfer your entries.

The World Hit Festival has had a very long history in NationStates, and a thread by the second overseer (Euskirribakondara) has been created to compile this long history. Click here for a thread with links to every OOC and IC thread of all World Hit Festivals so far. Click this for a statistical database of all WHF participants. For winners, click here to see a full list of all WHF winners with links to their entries.

Participating
If you would like to participate at the World Hit Festival, please complete the form below.
Code: Select all
[box][b]Nation:[/b]
[b]Broadcaster:[/b]

[b]Song Title:[/b]
[b]Artist:[/b]
[b]Language(s):[/b]
[b]Title Transcription (if required):[/b]
[b]Title Translation (if required):[/b]
[b]Tune:[/b]
___
[i]Host Requirement - feel free to delete extra description[/i]
[b]All spots are filled here - [url=https://www.nationstates.net/nation=britonisea/detail=factbook/id=1403663]this list[/url]:[/b] [i]YOU WILL BE ENTERED INTO POSTCARD DRAW INSTEAD[/i]
[b]PICTURE of Landmark where road/path is visible[/b] [i](delete this with your photo - please make it a large image (HD) - a road/path needs to be visible due to the postcard theme, please read the Welcome Pack for more info)[/i]
[b]Name & Location of above landmark:[/b] [Name of Landmark], [City/Town]
___
[i]Other Requirements[/i]
[b]HD unrippled version of flag:[/b] While this is not needed (I will use whatever you have as your flag now, but it might not be clear/or it might be rippled), I would really prefer if you could provide a nice, clean copy of your flag! Thanks!
[b]Head of Delegation:[/b] If not already provided, though please confirm HoD so the Overseer can update [url=http://nswiki.org/index.php?title=Heads_of_Delegations_at_the_World_Hit_Festival]this link[/url] for the 53rd World Hit Festival!
[/box]

For WHF veterans, this sign-up form will look very familiar as it is the same sign-up form for the past 35 or so editions. However, for debutantes, I have provided a sample application using WHF32's winning entry in a spoiler, with explanations in brackets.

Nation: Euskirribakondara (name of your nation goes here)
Broadcaster: EUSK1 (name of your broadcaster goes here, and this is usually your national broadcaster that would broadcast the WHF. For a real-life comparison, think of the BBC in the UK.)

Song Title: "По, Дај Ми Любавте" (name of your song)
Artist: Nadija Djokanović (the name of the artist that will 'perform' the song in your roleplay.)
Language(s): Sirbadian, Euskal, Hinga (the language(s) that your lyrics will be performed in)
Title Transcription (if required): "Po, Daj Mi Ljubavte" (if your song's language utilizes another script such as Cyrillic, you would put the romanization of that title here. In this example, По, Дај Ми Любавте is Po, Daj Mi Ljubavte. Otherwise, this part can be omitted.)
Title Translation (if required): Come On, Give Me Your Love (the translation of your song's title to English. If your song is in English already, this part can also be omitted.)
Tune: Here (most WHF tunes will have tunes attached to them, such as this entry using Poli Genova's If Love Was a Crime. If you are using a tune, do provide a link of the tune in this form. However, there are cases in which users do not submit a tune and use self-penned songs, in which case, filling out this part is not required.

Head of Delegation: (The Head of Delegation is the person who is in charge of your delegation at the 53rd World Hit Festival. If you have already provided information about this, you do not have to fill this part of the form out)

Host Requirement - feel free to delete extra description
Choose a free number (1-7) from this list: 1
PICTURE of Landmark where road/path is visible Picture of JED Mall
Name & Location of above landmark: JED Mall, Harrikes, Euskirribakondara
___
Other Requirements
HD unrippled version of flag: Image The flag of Euskirribakondara...obviously!
Head of Delegation: Name McName this link for the 53rd World Hit Festival!

World Hit Festival 53: Decide Your Fate (pick between 1-7)

Provisional Sign-Ups (45)
Updated 2nd August, 23:55 BST
  1. Achaean Republic [AS1] The Intermissión - Quédate
  2. Antahbrantahstan [RR] Wintergreen - Youth (Give It Back)
  3. Antenovaria [ATN] Caio Pereira Da Silva & Bianca Santos
  4. Axuva [WEN] Reyanna Min - Dance Away
  5. Beepee [BONC/BBC] Britney C - Sing Along With Me
  6. Besen [BAEN] Raiven Sarael - Kingdom
  7. Britonisea [BVC - HOST] Andres Cesare - Rewind
  8. Darkmania [DaTV] GLEN - TBA
  9. Ekoz [3TV] Anton Volsoek - Going Under
  10. Electrum [ENN] Carla Price - Adapt
  11. Electrum Diplomatic Offices [ENN] Gertrude Pullman - Hide and Seek
  12. Eraman [RTE1] Sutri Dara - Eraman
  13. Estana & Thaos [SEB] Élea - Meaning of Life
  14. Estogium [RVC] Adelene Rayas - Pantomime
  15. Ethane
  16. Ertzei Kishim [HARESHET]
  17. Fromulya [TVRF] Diah Ayu Permatasari - Selamanya
  18. Izmedu [RTI] Eva Sutalo - Acceptance
  19. Kalosia [RTVK] Roberta Rikardi - Komë molti ani fa
  20. Llalta [LBN]
  21. Malta Comino Gozo [MCG1] Sindria Borg - Liqourice
  22. Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguillese [MonaeroTV] The Philippics - Exposition On A Pointless Concept
  23. Nahlcomo [TRT-NB] Slaine Etritch - Al matí o a la nit, sempre hi seré
  24. Natanya Aylexa - Blénken
  25. Nightom Charlie Brookes - In or Out
  26. Normandy & Picardy Yves de Beauvais - Chez Les Chtis
  27. Northern Beepee [KNoB] Jarli - Nguringgadhi
  28. North Alezia Adela Al-Maltiyyah - مجنون
  29. North Batoko Marijn Bergkamp
  30. Nova Kartago i.d.c - La fina venk
  31. Pemecutan [UBC] Trisna Arya - Mengapa Kau Pergi?
  32. Scotatrova (SSTR) Carina Maroto - Ezotréna
  33. Skanden E.U.R.O.P.A - Not About You (F**k Off!)
  34. South Alezia [WTF] Vasarao - Berjalan
  35. South Batoko [SBTV] Мајка Лаязнака - Өтирик
  36. Syrche [AIT] Marlinda Hargrave - Haunt Me
  37. Talvezout [TRT] Isadora Bachelor - Balyem
  38. Teesdexxia [TBA] Gino D'Elettronico & Marcus Claxon - Cras
  39. The Hlhata States [THSPB] Kimmy Thick
  40. Tödlichebujoku
  41. Togonistan [Lucky7] Daniel Makala - Talk
  42. Ukraeina [UPB] TIO - Ти мій наркотик
  43. Vartugia Shitty Band-name - Vartugia
  44. Waisnor [FNC] The Smorgon Wives - Обмани, но останься

Tunes
La Oreja de Van Gogh – Abrázame (Achaean Republic)
Rocket Girls 101 - Calorie (Antahbrantahstan)
Col3trane - Rendezvous (Antenovaria)
Dawn Richard - Renegades (Axuva)
LIDIJA BAČIĆ - TEK JE POČELO (Beepee)
Molly Sanden - Husavik (Besen)
Lord Huron - The Night We Met (Britonisea)
Sonja Aldén - Sluta Aldrig Gå (Darkmania)
Tell Me About It - Øystein Hegvik (Ekoz)
H3h3 productions - Peep and Creep (EDO)
Thelma Plum - Better in Blak (Electrum)
Sheila Majid - Sinaran (Eraman)
Emma - Circle of Light (Estana and Thaos)
SKAAR - Five Times (Estogium)
Sarah McLachlan - When She Loved Me (Fromulya)
Jessie J - Who You Are (Izmedu)
Lady — Yubin (Kalosia)
Hailee Steinfeld, Grey - Starving ft. Zedd (Official Video) (Malta Comino Gozo)
Molchat Doma - Sudno (Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguillese)
Simone de Olivera (ft. Camané) - Sol de Inverno (Nahlcomo)
Alexe - Éclat (Natanya)
Darin - Astronaut (Nightom)
Irama - Mediterranea (Normandy and Picardy)
Mitch Tambo - Love (Northern Beepee)
Deborah Lemoine - Solo (North Alezia)
NETTA - Cuckoo (Official Studio Version) (North Batoko)
Du homoj - Persone (Nova Kartago)
Gaho - Stay Here (Pemecutan)
India Martinez - La Gitana (Scotatrova)
Haiku Hands - Not About You (Skanden)
Gita Gutawa - Parasit (South Alezia)
Jemini - Cry Baby (South Batoko)
Betamaxx ft. Primo the Alien - Watch Me (Syrche)
Los Hermanos Rosario - La Candelosa (Talvezout)
Gigi D'Agostino - The Riddle (Teesdexxia)
Kwabs - Walk (Togonistan)
KHAYAT - Call For Love (Ukraeina)
Van Halen - Panama (Vartugia)
VIA GRA - Obmani, no ostan'sya (Waisnor)

Rules and Procedures
Contest
  1. A nation is allowed to submit 2 puppets maximum to the contest, meaning that a user can be controlled at most 3 nations in the contest.
  2. Nations must send a full ranking of all nations on the IC Thread to the host of the competition when the voting opens.
  3. The nation ranked first will receive 5 points, the nation ranked second will receive 4 points etc. Nations ranked 6th or below will not receive any points.
  4. Users are allowed to receive 8 points maximum from their puppets. Meaning, a user with three nations can use Nation B and C (with B and C giving 4 points each) to give Nation A 8 points total, but nothing more.
  5. If there is a draw the countback system goes as follows: Amount of nations - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 - 6th places, 7th places etc.
  6. A nation is also expected to send their full ranking to the Host. The host will make up your votes in the event that they do not have your votes. Nations are expected not to reveal whether they have voted or not. Only the Host (and the Overseer if needs be) should know who has voted and who hasn't.
  7. All or at least most of the written lyrics must be original. Should any user spot any concerns, don't hesitate to let the overseer or current host know.
  8. In order for Semi Finals to be initiated, there must be enough nations for there to be 13 nations per Semi Final. The number of participants before Semi Finals are initiated will be dependent on circumstances.
  9. The maximum amount of nations that can participate without more than one automatic qualifier (ie the host) is 18 nations per Semi-Final. Once this number has been broken, the top 6 (including the host) will automatically qualify to reduce 18 nations to 15 in each Semi.*1
  10. The host is within their rights to question whether an entry is good enough to be transferred/puts the Festival into disrepute.
Hosting
  1. The winner of the competition will automatically be given the right to host the competition. The winner will have 72 hours (maximum) to announce their interest in hosting the Festival to the Overseer.
  2. The host must not reveal their acceptance of hosting until the Overseer has announced it on the WHF Network.
  3. If within the first 72 hours, the host either doesn't announce their interest in hosting the proceeding contest or declines hosting rights, the nation who came 2nd will be asked. If declined five times, the World Hit Overseer has to host the World Hit Festival.
  4. If the host abandons their host duties, the World Hit Overseer will be responsible for what left needs to be done.
  5. We would like to ensure all World Hit Festival hosts can host the competition to the best of their ability. If you have any concerns about hosting if given the opportunity to, don't hesitate to speak to the World Hit Overseer.
1 This rule was clarified here, you can find what it read before the Draft Thread opened. Essentially if there are 36 entries on the Draft Thread (not including the host), regardless of whether the host has posted, this will be the highest amount for Semis without more than one qualifier. If one more non-host nation posts, then the top 6 will be offered a spot in the final - though they don't have to take this offer if they don't want to. Though if everyone accepts this invitations, this will leave 30 nations to go through the Semi-Final process.

Last edited by Britonisea on Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:21 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

World Hit Festival 52: Throwback & Rule Change

THE WORLD HIT FESTIVAL 52 THREADS: OOC THREAD | DRAFT THREAD | IC THREAD

The Outcome

38 Britonisea
37 Normandy & Picardy
36 Estogium
35 Izmedu
25 Kalosia
24 North Alezia
22 Besen
20 Ertzei Kishim
17 Achaean Republic (6 voters)
17 Mercedini (4 voters)
16 Titaniumland
13 Estana & Thaos
11 Mister X (5 voters)
11 Beepee (4 voters)
10 Malta Comino Gozo
07 Skanden
06 Fromulya
05 Togonistan
04 Waisnor (3 voters)
04 Axuva (2 voters)
01 Lons (performed earlier in the running order)
01 Northwest Kalactin
00 Lushansk (performed earlier in the running order)
00 Caryton

FULL RANKINGS OF THE 52ND WORLD HIT FESTIVAL

Above, you can find out the full rankings of all nations at the 52nd World Hit Festival in Kalosia. To round up some of the statistics, the winner of the Festival, Britonisea, placed in the top 10 of all nations that voted, except for one (Skanden - 13th). Conversely, Lushansk (who performed right before Britonisea) placed in the bottom five for all those who voted, with Normandy & Picardy ranking Lushansk highest. Speaking of Normandy & Picardy, they had the most divisive entry along with Estana & Thaos and Achaean Republic, using Standard Deviation. Normandyy & Picardy scooped up a few first places but was ranked 20th by North Alezia. ABEN, Titaniumland and Normandy & Picardy enjoyed the entry from Achaean Republic, giving them top-four placements, though Fromulya wasn't feeling it with the nation placing Achaean Republic 22nd. Estana & Thaos was ranked as the best in Titaniumland, but received its lowest placement from the eventual winners, who placed them 20th.

I wonder which nations will be the most talked-about this edition?

Rule Change (starting at WHF53)

From this edition, to break absolute ties, we will be looking at how nations have done beyond 5th place. Thanks to the rankings being put together, counting how well nations did beyond 5th place is much easier. While it would avoid situations such as WHF26, I just think it's fairer. I've spoken to a couple former WHF Overseers as well about it. We have absolute ties more than you think - with WHF52 being a prime example of us having two. Lons & Northwest Kalactin and Lushansk & Caryton were in absolute ties. Looking at the data and using one of those pairs as an examlpe, Lons would place higher because while both nations received one eighth-place (no sixth or seventh), Lons received a 9th place from Malta Comino Gozo, thus placing above Northwest Kalactin. This is why it is essential to provide a full ranking. I know it can be long, but to make it easier for you, there will be a playlist and I urge you to join the Listenalong (where we listen to all of the songs together over Discord in show format; the songs fly by!). If there's issues with this, please TG me. Thank you!

Now let's get on with the show! Below are the host details...

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Welcome to Bovingdon! (Draft: 26th July - 9th August)

HOST INFORMATION: WORLD HIT FESTIVAL 53 IN BOVINGDON, BRITONISEA

IC Information
Welcome to Britonisea! Please click the image below to find out about the 53rd World Hit Festival. This will send you to a Google Drive PDF (which I think is public - DM me if it isn't!) where you will be able to see;
  1. Information about Bovingdon
  2. The Stage for the 53rd World Hit Festival
  3. RP-able events for the 53rd World Hit Festival (we will go into more detail in the OOC information section)
  4. The Postcard Design for the 53rd World Hit Festival (including other exclusive graphics such as scoreboard and headers)
  5. The Hosts of the 53rd World Hit Festival
  6. BVC's promise to you!
So please yes, have a read and then head to the OOC section [it will make more sense once you've flicked through the IC section]

If the link doesn't work, I can send you a download link on Discord (Brityuniksreich#9201)

OOC Information
  1. Required Information (Postcards): Upon reading the IC information, you'd know what the theme for the 53rd World Hit Festival will be and how the postcards will be played out. For the first time since the 47th World Hit Festival, I will be typing out what happens in each postcard, with some sort of orchestral backing music a la Eurovision. In order for you to get a complete postcard, you MUST give me your chosen number; please choose it from this list here. You will also need to provide a picture of a landmark that has roadways near it/traffic. How the postcards will look is on the IC information. This is going to be really fun so do get involved.
  2. RP-able Events: Just like my recent hosting of the WV81 in Boschke, I plan to have an RP (or two) of one of the events that I have outlined in the Welcome Pack. I was thinking that we could RP The World Hit Actual Festival with a group of our acts going around the different attractions and having some fun! The Britonish are usually quite tame so don't expect to be perpetually interrupted whilst out! If this does go ahead, I would be happy to do this during the voting week (Friday 14th August - Sunday 16th August). I think the event ICly happens around then anyway. For those who like to do chunky RPs, feel free to use any of the events in your Background Information (you could have a question that was asked in the World Hit Q&A for example).
  3. Voting at the 53rd World Hit Festival: Now as you can see from the edition before, the full results of the 52nd World Hit Festival was put together and shown in a large document. I intend to do this going forward and so I will be asking for your full ranking. Please label clearing who your 5 points is, down to 1 and then 6th onwards. A new change has meant that we will be counting 6th place if there's an ultimate tiebreak; so I would really like you guys to follow through with this. It is absolutely essential to provide a full ranking if there are Semi-Finals.
  4. Voting Reveal & Spokespeople: I will be reverting back to Phase One being the 4-1 points but this time spokespeople will be giving out the Phase One points (4-1) instead of their five points. In the RP, of course, you can say the normal "Hello this is (city) calling", but if you'd like to RP your spokesperson giving out each of the points, that'd be really nice. (ie...our one point goes to...Nation A! I wonder who's going two points...well, that will be...Nation B!). I'll give you a standard one if not. If you do not give me a spokesperson, you'll be allocated a random person in the city you've put in your postcard. Also, the final schedule of the voting reveal will come about when we know for sure how many nations will be participating.
  5. Live Draw: As said below, the Live Draw will happen on the 9th August 2020 at 23:00 BST (that's United Kingdom time). This means that the deadline for the bare minimum for entries will be on 9th August 2020 at 22:00 BST as this will give me time to prepare for the Live Draw. Whether this be a Semi-Finals or Grand Final draw, we will find out on the 9th where I can provide more information there. But yes, on our Discord Channel #worldhitfestival, there will indeed be a live draw so be there or be square! Evangeline Hope and Ryan Holkar will be presenting it!
  6. Bonus Points from me: I will be using my normal system of ranking for Britonisea and Estogium, with Nightom's list mentioning nations that missed/deserves some points from ABEN. You will get extra RP bonuses from me if you mention things on the Welcome Pack in your entry (you could go for some of the camera cues? Maybe mention what you did whilst you were in Bovingdon? Mention things about the stage?)
  7. Listenalongs: The Official Dates of Listenalongs will be announced here on this OOC thread, so keep those eyes peeled. It's very likely that the Listen along will go ahead on Tuesday 11th August 2020 at 9 pm BST.

If you have any other questions about Bovingdon 53, please make sure to ask them below. Thank you! I'm really looking forward to the Festival and I hope you are too! It's going to be fantastic.

WORLD! START SIGNING UP NOW!
Last edited by Britonisea on Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kalosia
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kalosia » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:06 pm

Kalosia signs up!

Pre-confirming Fromulya and Skanden.
Mediterranea > Mediterra > Kalosia
/kə'loʊʒɑː/ (english) /kɑː'lɒsiːɑː/ (kalosian)
Factbook | Official Website

WorldVision Song Contest results
World Hit Festival results (incomplete)

Natanya
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 15, 2011
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Natanya » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:06 pm

We return!

Oh yeah, TDX will return too lol
Last edited by Natanya on Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GENERATION 33: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation.

WV21 - Savnic - The Japanese Girl - 22nd - 25 points,
WV31 - Kaylileenástkadeenada Ñadiakimadoradaþínkaðerren - You Can't Make Me Cry - 16th - 37 points,
WV32 - Tuo Su and Yao Su - Internal Fire - 19th - 42 Points,
WV34 - CNLD,
WV38 - CNLD.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:06 pm

We're in of course, more details to come later
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

South Batoko
Envoy

Founded: Jun 29, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby South Batoko » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:08 pm

South Batoko confirms its participation, as well as the debut of North Batoko.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

South Batoko is a country in Novapax, that competes in WV.
A 19.2 civilization, according to this index.

Weather station in Baxtaqaś (Dürlüśćüm) collapses, outages at weather services reported

Llalta
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 09, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Llalta » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:11 pm

sig ns up ahahhs
~*✧*~
どんなに怖くたって目お逸らさないよ
全ての終わりに愛があるなら
~*✧*~

North Batoko
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby North Batoko » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:19 pm

South Batoko wrote:South Batoko confirms its participation, as well as the debut of North Batoko.

Yup, we're here! Might need to get used to this new adventure, but we'll try.

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:23 pm

Ethane returns
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Fromulya
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fromulya » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:25 pm

Fromulya confirms

Skanden
Attaché

Founded: Nov 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Skanden » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:25 pm

Skanden confirms

Achaean Republic
Diplomat

Founded: May 26, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Achaean Republic » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:44 pm

Nation: Achaean Republic
Broadcaster: AS1

Song Title: Quédate
Artist: The Intermissión
Language(s): Spanish
Title Translation (if required): Stay
Tune: La Oreja de Van Gogh – Abrázame
___
Choose a free number (1-7) from this list: 4
PICTURE of Landmark where road/path is visible https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ce/Barrio_Zanja%2C_caminito_hacia_Abra_Honda_-_Camuy%2C_Puerto_Rico_-_panoramio.jpg
Name & Location of above landmark: La Cañada, Corola, Achaean Republic
___
Other Requirements
HD unrippled version of flag: http://i.imgur.com/Z2kvQDV.png
Head of Delegation: Tamar de Andrade
Last edited by Achaean Republic on Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

South Batoko
Envoy

Founded: Jun 29, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby South Batoko » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:00 pm

Nation: South Batoko
Broadcaster: SBTV

Song Title: Өтирик
Artist: Мајка Лаязнака (Mayka Layaznaka)
Language(s): English, Batoko
Title Transcription (if required): Ötirik
Title Translation (if required): Lie
Tune: Jemini - Crybaby (just pretend that they sing in tune and that's it just the girl singing)
___
Choose a free number (1-7) from this list: 5
PICTURE of Landmark where road/path is visible:
Name & Location of above landmark: St. Adam's Cathedral, Buaka
___
Other Requirements
HD unrippled version of flag: https://www.nationstates.net/images/flags/uploads/south_batoko__366213.png
Head of Delegation: Adam Śtarin

Pic of representative:
Last edited by South Batoko on Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

South Batoko is a country in Novapax, that competes in WV.
A 19.2 civilization, according to this index.

Weather station in Baxtaqaś (Dürlüśćüm) collapses, outages at weather services reported

Darkmania
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 18, 2015

Postby Darkmania » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:06 pm

Will do my best and actually get an entry done.

Hopefully without my dad cutting the internet of again.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

DATV NEWS - [NEWS] • [SPORT]

Izmedu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:09 pm

Nation: Izmedu
Broadcaster: RTI

Song Title: Acceptance
Artist: Eva Sutalo
Language(s): English
Title Transcription (if required):
Title Translation (if required):
Tune: Jessie J - Who You Are
___
Choose a free number (1-7) from this list: 5
PICTURE of Landmark where road/path is visible https://i.imgur.com/Ka0rEgQ.jpg
Name & Location of above landmark: La varaja magistrala, Mousiki (Translation: The Varajic Highway, Mousiki)
___
Other Requirements
HD unrippled version of flag: https://www.nationstates.net/images/flags/uploads/izmedu__346347.png
Head of Delegation: Marija Janjic
Last edited by Izmedu on Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF IZMEDU
WorldVision Song Contest - World Hit Festival

Besen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Besen » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:10 pm

A new start...

It's official.
The winner of the Voice Besenia will represent Besen at the 53rd World Hit Festival, in Bovingdon!

BAEN announced this news earlier this morning, with great excitement for the nation's prospects at the upcoming Britonish hosting of the 53rd World Hit Festival. Hopefully, this will give a new opportunity to break through at the contest, something that they had failed to do in Kalosia with FAITH, finishing 7th with 22 points. The broadcaster believes that the three contestants remaining in The Voice have what it takes to go all the way, bringing the trophy to Besen for the first time ever.

One of these contestants will fly the flag in Bovingdon...

- Raiven Sarael, 17, from Lipa

- Dante Infernó, 24, from Rimei

- Lila Esposito, 19, from Milano

The final will take place on July 17th, the winner will be known that night! The song that the winner shall sing will be released shortly after.

Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguillese
Secretary

Founded: Feb 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguillese » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:28 pm

We're back, I guess

Nation: Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguillese
Broadcaster: MonaeroTV

Song Title: Exposition On A Pointless Concept
Artist: The Philippics
Language(s): English
Tune: Molchat Doma - Sudno
___
Choose a free number (1-7) from this list: 2
PICTURE of Landmark where road/path is visible The Big Road, Aeroglisseurville
___
Other Requirements
HD unrippled version of flag: It's just the flag of the Balaeric Islands
Head of Delegation: Mssr. O. Verseer
Last edited by Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguillese on Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:29 pm

Confirming the above
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Nightom
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Nightom returns to the World Hit Festival!

Postby Nightom » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:12 pm

Nightom to participate with Charlie Brookes representing the country at the 53rd World Hit Festival.

Can confirm I am the host.

Estogium
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

RVC to participate!

Postby Estogium » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:19 pm

Estogium will also participate at the upcoming World Hit Festival too, this time with a female entry! How wonderful.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Accepted Entries: 12 July 2020

Postby Britonisea » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:40 pm

Confirming Estogium and Britonisea - we got to 20 posts really quickly! Let's keep this energy up!

Just to let you all know, even if you haven't completed your full sign up sheet, please feel free to claim a number by posting it on the Sign-Up thread (after this post) and I can upload it for you. There are only two places left for Winner #5's postcard scenario, and Ach has taken one of Winner 4's postcard scenario.

Provisional Sign-Ups
  1. Achaean Republic [AS1] The Intermissión - Quédate
  2. Besen Full Reveal 17th July 2020
  3. Britonisea [BVC - HOST]
  4. Darkmania [DaTV]
  5. Estogium [RVC] Full Reveal 25th July 2020
  6. Ethane
  7. Fromulya
  8. Izmedu [RTI] Eva Sutalo - Acceptance
  9. Kalosia [RTVK]
  10. Llalta [LBN]
  11. Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguillese [MonaeroTV] The Philippics - Exposition On A Pointless Concept
  12. Natanya
  13. Nightom Charlie Brookes - Reveal: 19th July 2020
  14. Normandy & Picardy
  15. North Batoko
  16. Skanden
  17. South Batoko [SBTV] Мајка Лаязнака - Өтирик

Tunes
La Oreja de Van Gogh – Abrázame (Achaean Republic)
Jessie J - Who You Are (Izmedu)
Jemini - Cry Baby (South Batoko)

Continue below my lovelies!

North Alezia
Spokesperson

Founded: May 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby North Alezia » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:42 pm

ABA confirms North Alezian return to the 53rd World Hit Festival!
This time, we decided to use Internal Selection again!

Nation: North Alezia
Broadcaster: ABA (Alezian Broadcasting Authority)

Song Title: مجنون
Artist: Adela Al-Maltiyyah
Language(s): English, Arabic
Title Transcription (if required): Majnun
Title Translation (if required): Crazy
Tune:Deborah Lemoine-Solo
___
Choose a free number (1-7) from this list: 7
PICTURE of Landmark where road/path is visible
Name & Location of above landmark: [Triplets of Zafi], [Zafizamarrah]
___
Other Requirements
HD unrippled version of flag: (The current flag that I use is the cleanest. Thank you)
Head of Delegation: Hayaz Hamaruddin

pre confirming South Alezia and maybe another puppet if I have the time.
Last edited by North Alezia on Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
FEDERATION OF NORTH ALEZIA

Member of the Alezian Union

Besen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Besen » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:46 pm

I think Besen is loving the number six!
Last edited by Besen on Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

South Alezia
Secretary

Founded: Jun 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby South Alezia » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:26 pm

(one day in South's house, South is sleeping very dumbly although peacefully)
North: *opens door*
South: Hello North! Do you want to do public nudity?
North: AH! Hello, South! See, did you have your-
South: Medication? SKREEEE! GET THAT AWAY GITATAWAY GITATAWAY!!!
North: You won't like it if you never tasted it! OPEN YOUR MOUTH aaaaaaa...
South: Gulp. IWIUNBAWSGVOSWFVIJASFNSDVJNKASVNCAONC *pop*
North: So?
South: (now a smart*ss) You only did that so my brain system stabilize for a mere hours so that I can actually think in a proper way, right? Well, according to my calculations.....
North: Well now he can do whatever he wants to do without shaming himself! Although the medication will wore off next month.
South: I want to sign up for WHF.
North: Well... (We'll be Right Back)

Nation: South Alezia
Broadcaster: WTF (What is a Telefisyen?)

Song Title: Berjalan
Artist: Tulsi Vasarao
Language(s): Indonesian, English
Title Transcription (if required): -none-
Title Translation (if required):Walking
Tune:Gita Gutawa- Parasit
___
Choose a free number (1-7) from this list: 2
[b]PICTURE of Landmark where road/path is visible
Name & Location of above landmark: [House of Pannerique (funded by North Alezia], [Baerpark]
___
Other Requirements
[b]HD unrippled version of flag:Image
[b]Head of Delegation: Tolki Mara'ah

PUPPET OF NORTH ALEZIA :D
Last edited by South Alezia on Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
puppet of north alezia :D

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates