NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision Song Contest 83 | OOC | SIGNUPS CLOSED

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:16 pm

Scotatrova wrote:If a majority of the participants are content with it and there are only one or two dissenters, that idea shouldn't be thrown out the window because of only those two.

I feel this really underestimates the strength of feeling given on certain topics and overplays it on others. There are some issues where the dissenting voices are extremely concerned and passionately against something that it risks alienating them from the entire competition. For me, making what I perceive to be an unnecessary fundamental change to the way that WorldVision works (and a negative one) does generate a fire under my bottom on this.

I get what you’re saying, but I think you’re not taking into account my strength of feeling on this.
MISTER X
WV29: 19th, debut
WV30: 10th, first top 10
WV31: 8th, new PB
WV33: 3rd, new PB
WV34: 6th, first hosting
WVYF: 11th, last place
WV52: 2nd, new PB
WV59: 7th, second hosting
WV62: 1st, first victory

Besen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Besen » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:32 pm

NATIONAL FINALS

Wow! We've had some exciting results coming from nations all across the world as they have decided amongst themselves who shall be the best representative for their country at the 83rd contest which is coming up very soon. As always, they have to keep in mind that Worldvision has been and is a very tough competition, and you should always have an idea about which direction you want to go in artistically. Of course, some do this effortlessly, dominating the scoreboards at most contests, whilst having their own identity and shining through with excellent stage performances alongside an amazing experience sonically.

In Polkopia, after 10 songs were presented, only one has prevailed. In Landa vy Polkopiya we had some nice variety of songs, and many which could have made an impact at the upcoming contest. The winner, however, is Kasia Vipčak with her song, "Restless". We at BAEN have been loving this track, and to be honest, odds are tightening that this could be one of the ones that pushes for the win in the end. It's not surprising though, the song is an excellent mix of strong vocals and a pop soundscape that pleases the ear wonderfully. It could be said that this isn't the most ground-breaking entry that Polkopia has sent in the past - but disregarding that, this was one of the clear choices in the crowd of songs that were there. We cannot wait to see how this one pans out.

Over to Ertzei Kishim, and WOW! There were so many pure bangers in this national final. Kdam-WorldVision had a lot of variety though, and we've really noticed that even though most of the songs were upbeat, there was many songs that cut-through as more than just a fun dance song. It's clear that the team over at HARESHET know exactly what they are doing. In the end, Sandi Santini has won, after ranking in the top 3 of every juror apart from two. Her song, "Hashmal! (Electricity)", surely will light a fire at the contest, and we're really excited about it to be honest. It could actually prove to be quite divisive however. When comparing it to their last winner, "Red" by Lika Dia, this is a more pure dance feel-good tune, and could really allow them to have MASSIVE fans of the song, whilst others may completely dismiss it. Hopefully for HARESHET, this will cut through as one of the favourites.

Our friends Izmedu have completed their national final, Izmepisma. The selection format has proved to be extremely successful for them in the past, and once again, it's highly doubtable that this winner won't do the same. Grupa Pisma-Ptisera and their song, "A Wild Heart Runs Free is actually a pretty cool change from the huge, powerful ballads and softer songs. It allows into the more urban side of the Izmeduan music scene, and it's great to see. It's not unlike something that would come out of a semi final from Vha Meh in Britonisea, which is not a bad thing at all - look at how they've been dominating lately, alongside Izmedu of course. Their song won by a big margin, and this will surely be a good kickstart and confidence boost for RTI, who can go into Worldvision 83 with a sure mandate. I'm so excited to see how this one is staged! We could definitely see this walking straight into the top 5 or maybe... even win?

Another national final is Alezimania, which comes from North Alezia. They're newcomers but have been making a splash lately in both the WVSC and World Hit Festival as well. Their song that has won is one of BAEN's favourites coming into the contest. "My Life Fells Apart Before Me" by Samara and Izdar is going to be a good opportunity for this nation to showcase what they've got and in our opinion, this all comes down to how they stage this. Songs like this often do well at the contest, and I can see, if things go the right way for them, that they could get into the top 5 for the first time ever. What a great thing that would be for ABA.

Elejamie have announced that their winner will be the cool, vibey track "2AM". Songs like this can normally bore a lot of viewers, but I see national juries going for this definitely. If they stage this right, we reckon that there could be a special moment for this nation on the stage. We'll see very soon...

Ongoing national finals include Beepee's song festival and also the veteran nation Syrche are holding the Sunlight Song Festival once again - which we cannot wait to see who wins out of there.

HOST BIDS

With a crowded field like this, we could be going anywhere for the Worldvision 83... Even though it can be tough to figure out who to vote for, it has been extremely great to see this many nations expressing interest in hosting the competition. Whoever it may be, rest assured it's going to be a great show. The bids are:

- Damansara, Antahbrantahstan
Antahbrantahstan have thrown their hat into the ring a few times now as of recently, and this slick, graphically sleek bid could get them across the finish line without a doubt. It's clear that they are ready to put on a show for the world, and one that everyone can enjoy. Damansara would be an excellent city for our delegation to explore.

- Zafizamarrah, North Alezia
North Alezia are once again in the spotlight, with their unity driven bid, where they want the world to be "All Together Now". Their graphic design is clearly well thought out and I'm sure that if we went to Zafizamarrah in 83 we would come out of it feeling amazing. It's lovely seeing a new nation come up with a beautiful bid like this. Good luck North Alezia!

- Carnise, Ekoz
If I were any of the bidders coming up against Carnise for the win, I would be quite scared. Their proven history in the contest has been one where now many of our veteran participants KNOW that Ekoz can put on a show and they know that their broadcaster are planning it excellently. This bid is a clear visual bid, where we are invited into a real experience, and are encouraged to "Choose Carnise" to host in 83. The community just might choose it, you know.

- Slightly Rusty And Leaning To The Side, Merecendi
We think that this bid might have just been thrown in for the sake of participating in the crowded process, haha.

- Bridgeson, Caryton | Singing In The Rain!
What a lovely invitation into Bridgeson from Caryton here. I'm certain that there will be some die-hard fans of this bid, who really want to explore the city and experience the hospitality of this nation. BAEN's only critique for this bid is that we wish there was some visual incentive to vote for it. Good luck!

- Valletta, Malta Comino Gozo
Could we be going back to MGC for 83? Who knows, but they've decided to bid once again, coming out of their recent hosting of the 78th contest, in which they had a good time and showed the world what they can do. This bid is very encouraging in that it has a strict vision for how it wants the contest to be held, it invites delegations into the city perfectly, showcasing the beauty of the city, with lovely photographs of its best views and experiences. The graphics are just about on par with some of our heavyweights in the contest - BAEN is sure that this will do very will, if not actually win the vote.

- St Christopher, Llalta | Wish Upon a Star!
Llalta have decided that after Ester Winterbourne has won the 82nd WVSC in Tifferet, that they will now bid to host the successive competition. This bid is beautiful - it showcases everything it needs to in great detail, and invites every delegation into St. Christopher with elegance and poise. Many might look at this bid to host and actually feel that Llalta has a mandate to now host the next one, and we have to agree, but nations should cast their vote for this bid not for that reason, but for the fact that it's carefully thought out, and gives a sense that they will host in a way that surely pleases every nation that participates. Personally, our delegation just want to have a good time on the coast, maybe with a few drinks...

INTERNAL SELECTIONS

Although there have been 8 national finals for this edition of the contest, that doesn't mean that the winner will come from there... it could absolutely be one of the exciting new internal selections that have been announced as of recent, and these are some of the hottest ones that are lighting our fire:

Scotatrova are back and have chosen to select Lucas Arboleda this time, with a song that maybe you wouldn't associate with this nation. BAEN are very very excited to see how this is carried onto the Worldvision stage, and we think that this has so much potential to make waves, especially since it is without a doubt left-field and it doesn't seem like any other nation is sending anything similar to this.

And they are once again back, Ekoz are going to send Aleks Färam with "Not The One" for Worldvision 83. This is a great step for the nation, and depending on how this comes to life on stage, their reputation will definitely remain intact as one of the most successful nations at the competition.

Axuva are sending their best song yet. BAEN cannot believe their ears when they listen to this song. Hopefully, this one can connect on stage a way that TPNB-X have been slowly getting used to. This nations improvement in the contest has been glorious to see, and we only wish the best. This could without a doubt be the breakthrough moment for Axuva.

What a surprise this was. Achaean Republic are now sending one of their best entries ever. "Dilema" is a big difference from the big upbeat numbers that they are known for in Worldvision - it goes in a direction that we are completely on board with. This nation has been making a splash for a while now and for AS1, they can surely bring this with pride.

Finally, Besen have announced that ANAIE is going to Worldvision 83, with "Spericolata", meaning Reckless. We at BAEN have been wanting to send this artist for a while now, and now that we have reign over the rights to the contest here in our nation, we can carry out our vision. We're praying that this song gets received well, not only because of the immense promotion that we've exposed it too, haha, but also because it's going to be one of our biggest stage shows yet.

Thank you so much for having a look at the latest news from the Worldvision bubble, and please please please make your voice known and vote for your favourite host bid here. You can also make your voice heard about the televote introduction there as well. Goodbye!

Syrche
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 05, 2011

Postby Syrche » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:23 am

The Sunlight Song Contest 2020 had officially drawn to a close.
Two nations took part in the international selection, (Izmedu, Elejamie) which was absent a National Jury that had been included in prior editions of the Song Contest.

M.L.E. Cleary had come to a decisive victory over 2nd place Neza, who also had leap-frogged the rest of the field.

Syrche Entry: M.L.E. Cleary
Title: In My Life
Tune: Niamh Kavanagh - In Your Eyes

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:52 pm

WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Peoples Republic of Joyea
Ambassador

Founded: May 04, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Peoples Republic of Joyea » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:49 pm

Nation Name: Peoples Republic of Joyea
Official Broadcaster: Mikhail Andreyev of the Joyean State News Service
Song Title: The Joyean Army is the strongest
Artist(s) Name(s): The Peoples Revolutionary Army Choir

Tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j8ZE4p9WmA
Last edited by Peoples Republic of Joyea on Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I adhere to some NS stats not all
Incumbent General Secretary: Wann Khaoma
Incumbent Party Chairman: Nguyễn Nam Sơn
Incumbent Parliament Speaker: Chen Reasmey
Incumbent Chief Justice of the Peoples Superior Court: Tống Duy Hải

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:15 pm

Ethane will be sending a currently-unnamed song to WorldVision 83 to the tune of 'Can You Hold Me' by NF ft. Britt Nicole.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q6GJ-MkFsg
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

La Montevideo
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 29, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby La Montevideo » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:51 pm

bwoah
La Unido Kingdoma de La Montevideo
We Base Our Nation Off Of Stats
Our Current PM Sucks
Basic National Info
A Class 1.142 Civilization according to this index.
Generation 40, the first time you see this copy and paste it to your sig and add 1 to the generation

Teesdexxia
Attaché

Founded: Apr 13, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Teesdexxia » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:19 am

Hello,
we might be in
natanyan puppet

Amuaplye
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:25 pm

Nation Name: Amuaplye
Official Broadcaster: MEL10 Melbourne (Part of AITV's network)
Song Title: (OOC Note: I don't have one yet. I'll put one here when I can think of one)
Artist(s) Name(s): Jenson Karaiyev
Tune: IDKHow - Modern Day Cain
I'm a dude.
Also, call me Amuaplye, not Amuapyle, or Amu.

Electrum on Discord wrote:Please do not ping me a list of body parts.

Proluvia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proluvia » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:00 am

In. Nekoni told me to.
Nekoni's bit on the side.

Nekoni
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nekoni » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:01 am

Proluvia wrote:In. Nekoni told me to.

Yeah
Eurovision apologist, International Broadcast Alliance founding member

Debuted in 26, currently entered 29 times

Wins: 2 (70, 92)
Podiums: 3 (70, 80, 92)
Top 10s: 12 (46, 63, 64, 70, 71, 73, 75, 78, 80, 90, 92, 94)
Hostings: 3 (64, 80, 94)

Former Scuderia Fuoco e Ghiacchi, now Polaris Racing Team
WGPC 13 Drivers & Constructors Champion
7-time Grand Prix Host
Renowned* Track Designer

*by himself

South Batoko
Envoy

Founded: Jun 29, 2018

Postby South Batoko » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:46 am

South Batoko has released the song it intends to compete with.

Nation Name: South Batoko
Official Broadcaster: SBTV1
Song Title: I S S U E S
Artist(s) Name(s): Mariam Nurjun

Tune: Gabbie Hanna - Monster (until 2:55)
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

South Batoko is a country in Novapax, that competes in WV.
A 19.2 civilization, according to this index.

Weather station in Baxtaqaś (Dürlüśćüm) collapses, outages at weather services reported

WorldVision Committee
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 26, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby WorldVision Committee » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:10 pm

Committee Announcement - Results of the Televote Proposal

Firstly, thank you to all who voted in the Televote Proposal, we appreciate everybody's vote. We are pleased to announce that the proposal has been accepted by the community, with the following breakdown:

Should the proposed "televote" be an inalienable part of the WorldVision voting system?
Yes: 69% / No: 31%

Thus, from this edition forward the televote will be a part of the WorldVision voting system, and all hosts must consider this when making their bids. Thank you!

~Kish
WorldVision Song Contest Committee
"Uniting the Multiverse through Music"

Run by Carrelie, Elejamie, Malta Comino Gozo, South Batoko, and Ugunnustan

WorldVision Committee
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 26, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby WorldVision Committee » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:20 pm

HOST VOTING RESULTS

After we've had 7 bids come in from all over the world, the committee can confirm... there is a winner.

Slightly Rusty and Leaning to the Side, Merecendi - 0
Bridgeson, Caryton - 0
Valetta, Malta Comino Gozo - 2
Damansara, Antahbrantahstan - 4
Carnise, Ekoz - 4

This means that there are two bids left that recieved the most votes...

ST CHRISTOPHER, LLALTA with 5 votes

Zafizamarrah, North Alezia also recieved 5 votes but due to the rules regarding a tie, the committee has chosen Llalta to host the 83rd contest.

We're also happy to announce the return of ranked host voting, which has passed in the committee 5-0. This will return for the 84th contest.
WorldVision Song Contest Committee
"Uniting the Multiverse through Music"

Run by Carrelie, Elejamie, Malta Comino Gozo, South Batoko, and Ugunnustan

Free Ravensburg
Senator

Founded: Jun 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ravensburg » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:01 pm

Nation Name: Free Ravensburg
Official Broadcaster: RCC
Song Title: SMOOTH ZOOMER
Artist(s) Name(s): Viktor Holmstag, Viktoria Heimstoff, and Mikhail Strauff

Tune: Smooth Criminal - Micheal Jackson
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA Times
INT:| Canada "Gives Up" on Hiding Aliens and UFOs/ NAT:| Ravenian Astronauts That Went on the EELOO Mission Report Seeing a Mass of "Squidlike Handlike Starships"
Borb with an NS account and a crippling addiction passion to JoJo that Lives in the F7 Servers | TG’s are not for JoJo Stuff | Current Global Mood: I-is that a… | NSStats Accused of Treason to the Republic | Copper Plasma > Lasers

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013

Postby Mister X » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:06 pm

Oh you’re kidding me
MISTER X
WV29: 19th, debut
WV30: 10th, first top 10
WV31: 8th, new PB
WV33: 3rd, new PB
WV34: 6th, first hosting
WVYF: 11th, last place
WV52: 2nd, new PB
WV59: 7th, second hosting
WV62: 1st, first victory

Llalta
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 09, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Llalta » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:07 pm

~*✧*~
どんなに怖くたって目お逸らさないよ
全ての終わりに愛があるなら
~*✧*~

Natanya
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 15, 2011
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Natanya » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:37 pm

Teesdexxia wrote:Hello,
we might be in
natanyan puppet

yeah, it me
GENERATION 33: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation.

WV21 - Savnic - The Japanese Girl - 22nd - 25 points,
WV31 - Kaylileenástkadeenada Ñadiakimadoradaþínkaðerren - You Can't Make Me Cry - 16th - 37 points,
WV32 - Tuo Su and Yao Su - Internal Fire - 19th - 42 Points,
WV34 - CNLD,
WV38 - CNLD.

Axuva
Envoy

Founded: Feb 22, 2018
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Axuva » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:38 pm

i am antenovaria
Axuva Today Network [ATN] Today we announce that the Axuvian Government now recognizes The Russian Language as an Official Language, Korean and English were spoken in the beginning, but there were Russians too, russians were forgotten and their language were not recognized due to the things they did in the past, but now their language is a official language of Axuva, and there will now be 3 official languages instead of two.

Amuaplye
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:09 pm

I'm withdrawing both my main and Highly Ranked due to the fact that... well... I don't have any ideas about what to do this edition.
I'm a dude.
Also, call me Amuaplye, not Amuapyle, or Amu.

Electrum on Discord wrote:Please do not ping me a list of body parts.

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:58 pm

I'm also going to withdraw Placely Placington, something I technically did about a week or so ago but I never really got around to announcing until now. Expect me to make up for it in the next contest. My main nation, however, will still participate in the competition as normal.

Amuaplye wrote:I'm withdrawing both my main and Highly Ranked due to the fact that... well... I don't have any ideas about what to do this edition.

Sorry to hear about that, mate. Hopefully you'll be able to get some ideas soon, whether it be for this contest or for the next one.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Lovisa
Bureaucrat

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Lovisa » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:48 pm

demn im too late to sign up :(

Antahbrantahstan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 29, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Antahbrantahstan » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:47 am

Lovisa wrote:demn im too late to sign up :(

well hello senior :bow: there's always WV84 though :lol:
Farhana Nariswari Wisandana | Audrey Vanessa Susilo | Yasinta Aurellia | Lulu Zaharani Krisna Widodo | Ritassya Wellgreat Waynands

Syrche
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 05, 2011

Postby Syrche » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:20 pm

Performance details coming soon ..... as in a couple days from now.... when I can get on my laptop.....I just tried to knock it out on my phone..... SOOOO not practical!! Lol

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:01 pm

Syrche wrote:Performance details coming soon ..... as in a couple days from now.... when I can get on my laptop.....I just tried to knock it out on my phone..... SOOOO not practical!! Lol

Don't have to rush. There's still about a week left to go before the deadline so there should be plenty of time.

Antahbrantahstan wrote:
Lovisa wrote:demn im too late to sign up :(

well hello senior :bow: there's always WV84 though :lol:

Pretty much this. And it's not even a long wait, only roughly two weeks from now until sign-ups for WV84 are open.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates