NATION

PASSWORD

The Prince, The Proposal and The Poppy (Closed)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aellyria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aellyria » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:14 pm

Lady Ynessis smiled, the girl struggled but she would do well with the training she would receive from the White Lotus. She gave the girl a smile and stood back up. "I am glad to meet your acquaintance as well Countess, you will also be a fine addition to the White Lotus and a faithful companion to Marie I trust" she said with a smile. She had been apprehensive for an adult woman to accompany the child into the White Lotus, however exceptions had to be made.

Captain Irn smiled, "Oh yes, a lovely day for a flight indeed, I only wish I was the one flying" he said with a chuckle. He used to fly back in the day, however now he barely ever got to unfortunately. He sighed, "Of course they rarely let us older officers do anything anymore, have to let the younger gentlemen have all the fun." he joked. "Can't say I'm not happy to be heading home though, I miss the clan of course and I need to get home to resume my duties with the Imperial family."

As the plane loaded up, Lady Ynessis relaxed, they would be arriving in Aellyria soon and landing at the White Lotus' private air strip so that Marie could be taken directly to the White Lotus, from there she would begin acclimation in earnest. The White Lotus was indeed the best place for her, as it had been for Lady Ynessis when she was a girl. She hardly remembered her birth family now, minor nobles that had to many daughters for their own good, she didn't really pay them any heed now of course and why should she, she had the White Lotus.

Austrysia
Secretary

Founded: May 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Austrysia » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:48 pm

The Countess nodded as Lady Ynessis spoke. She seemed quite out of the ordinary within Austrysia, but, Anastázie humored, these were the people she would soon have to integrate with. Once that plane left the tarmac, Marie and herself would become the foreigners in a foreign land.

The Archduke chuckled. "Cannot say I have ever flown a plane, but I have always preferred the ground." It was true. The Archduke did not have a fear of planes, but the ground simply made him feel more rooted. In the air, the sense of direction is much more complicated with all the other factors of flying. On the ground, there is simply the land and what is in front of you. He dismissing waived as he continued, "And, I would not say all the younger gentlemen have all the fun. There is surely some benefits being our age."

On that note, the Archduke, noticing the plane was loaded, turned his attention away from the Captain, to his daughter. Kneeling down in front of Marie, he began, "I dare say it is time, my Little Princess. What lays before you will be the greatest struggle and adventure of your life. What awaits you will forge you into the women you one day will become. Though we say goodbye today, I want you to know that your mother and father are never far behind. One day, in the near future, we will see each other again. This arrangement is not only for the good of the House of Talmburg, but for the good of the Empire. You have already done more good for Our People than any politician or general." The Archduke gave the Ambassador the side-eye. "We love you, Marie. Never forget that, and go with courage."

Standing up, the Archduke approached the Countess and Lady Ynessis, and remarked, "By God's Graces, she is now in your hands. Raise her well." Saying nothing more, he returned to the Captain to shake his hand one last time. "I am sad to see you go, friend. Let us hope that time moves quickly, and that we can once again drink and smoke cigars."

On that last note, the Archduke departed for his SUV without another word. His heart could not bare this affair anymore.

Previous

Return to NationStates