NATION

PASSWORD

A Hunting Lodge Soiree (MT, OOC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Teressien
Envoy

Founded: Mar 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Teressien » Fri May 15, 2020 5:45 am

Diahon wrote:
Teressien wrote:
It indeed has been a while. ; )
I am afraid, though, that I have to major concerns: To my understanding, the four kami are the shared heads of state of the Queendom. I would like to avoid a parade of Heads of State, for one thing because while Malte is a Herzog, he is not the Head of State or Government (that would be Fürst/Prince Alrich III.) and you haven't exactly given me a good reason as to why she should be there - if they are the shared heads of state, that is. If not, tell me and we will ignore this point.
Two, the RP-sample. I'm afraid, that Rule 5 gives me rather little in the ways of wiggling room...

Very well I can pull out samples from Minh's RP out of my hat, even if shaking off rust hardly makes for appealing posts, but you're right per the second RP you raised. Basically, Kiako wants to be elsewhere to convalesce, let off steam, and maybe possibly hunt or watch other people hunt as her health and the Herzog allows (she's both a gun collector and game hunter, both of which she picked up abroad and are frowned upon in the queendom). Extremely personal, and at odds with the image the kami as a whole want to impress on their subjects.

So, I guess backing out is the only option I have.

Sorry, mate. It would have been fun!
Maybe next time?

Brettenwald
Senator

Founded: May 03, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Brettenwald » Fri May 15, 2020 7:21 am

Minor correction, Teressien, but Teissëdre Enterprises is actually real freaking big. Like,this big.
BRETTENWALD
Factbook completion will occur when hell freezes over and this nation is basically what happens at 3 AM when I overdose on Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Game of Thrones. Trans rights or you're getting kneecapped.
Center-right largely-absolute monarchy populated by the majority-pagan descendants of a mix of Vikings, Iron Age German rednecks and the odd shipwreck survivor coming into its own on the world stage during the final stages of a 32-year watershed moment under the watchful eye of an emperor who was never supposed to be one. Strict MT, current year though lore posts are generally asynchronous. Brettain is a catchall demonym, flag waifu by Polish Prussian Commonwealth, NS stats not canon.

Teressien
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Teressien » Fri May 15, 2020 7:24 am

Brettenwald wrote:Minor correction, Teressien, but Teissëdre Enterprises is actually real freaking big. Like,this big.

So... it's about the size of Northrop-Grumman?

Brettenwald
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Brettenwald » Fri May 15, 2020 8:22 am

Teressien wrote:
Brettenwald wrote:Minor correction, Teressien, but Teissëdre Enterprises is actually real freaking big. Like,this big.

As an IRL reference/equivalent, yeah.
BRETTENWALD
Factbook completion will occur when hell freezes over and this nation is basically what happens at 3 AM when I overdose on Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Game of Thrones. Trans rights or you're getting kneecapped.
Center-right largely-absolute monarchy populated by the majority-pagan descendants of a mix of Vikings, Iron Age German rednecks and the odd shipwreck survivor coming into its own on the world stage during the final stages of a 32-year watershed moment under the watchful eye of an emperor who was never supposed to be one. Strict MT, current year though lore posts are generally asynchronous. Brettain is a catchall demonym, flag waifu by Polish Prussian Commonwealth, NS stats not canon.

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Fri May 15, 2020 8:32 am

Teressien wrote:
New Visayan Islands wrote:
Répondez s'il vous plaît

Name of attendee (including titles and similar): Atty. Elizabeth Marie C. Ahn, CPA, LlM
Country of Origin: Confederation of the New Visayan Islands
Appearance: (Image)
Justice Ahn's official PiffleNet profile picture, taken during the 2015 Wong case, where the SC upheld 7-6 (2 abstaining) Horatio Wong's assertion that the Negros Provincial Government had no right to censor content deemed offensive merely because of its offensiveness. Ahn wrote the concurring opinion.
Culinary Concerns: None.
Medical Concerns: As a recovered COVID-19 patient, Justice Ahn will observe all relevant social distancing procedures as needed.
Notes: N/A

---------------

OOC-Section
Have you read and understood the rules? Yeah, now let's kill Bambi!
RP-Sample: You remember me, don't you?

Quote modified by removal of spoiler-tags.

Gladly accepted - welcome aboard, NVI! An interesting choice to send to such a party, but yes, I do remember you. ; )

I'm assuming it's because she's a recovered coronavirus patient, not because she's an Associate Justice of the Visayan Supreme Court?

This may or may not be a rhetorical question; it operates on my assumptions.

Anyway, I might add another person soon, Junior and I have been put on quarantine for 2 weeks because he's got pneumonia and I'll be taking care of him while we're isolated as part of COVID procedure--full disclosure: my place in Metro Manila is a coronavirus hotspot.
Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

Menassa
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Fri May 15, 2020 8:32 am

Teressien wrote:
Menassa wrote:
Répondez s'il vous plaît

Name of attendee (including titles and similar): Judas Hyrcanus, Sar HaMilchamah
Country of Origin: Menassa
Culinary Concerns: He's probably not going to eat your food.
Medical Concerns: None
Notes: None

---------------

OOC-Section
Have you read and understood the rules? Sure.
RP-Sample: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=215002

Note: Quote modified by removal of spoiler-tags.

Looks promising so far, but could you please read the rules again? I think, that you didn't quite catch something.
That aside, out of interest, why isn't he going to eat?

Ah, my image size was too large, I understand. Can I apologize by Killing Bambi?

Menassans are very knew to eating the food of foreigners, some do, some don't most do with caution.
Remember what Amalek did to you on your journey --- Do not Forget!
Their hollow inheritance.
This is my god and I shall exalt him
Jewish Discussion Thread בְּ
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"God said: you must teach, as I taught, without a fee."
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

Teressien
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Teressien » Fri May 15, 2020 8:44 am

Brettenwald wrote:
Teressien wrote:

As an IRL reference/equivalent, yeah.

I see. Interesting conversations will be had, I'm sure of that.

New Visayan Islands wrote:I'm assuming it's because she's a recovered coronavirus patient, not because she's an Associate Justice of the Visayan Supreme Court?

Anyway, I might add another person soon, Junior and I have been put on quarantine for 2 weeks because he's got pneumonia and I'll be taking care of him while we're isolated as part of COVID procedure--full disclosure: my place in Metro Manila is a coronavirus hotspot.

It's actually both, but let's not go too deep into the how, why and why not. I assume, that she had a mild corona-infection?
And yes, if you want to add further characters, go right ahead. The more the merrier! ; )

Stay healthy.

Menassa wrote:Ah, my image size was too large, I understand. Can I apologize by Killing Bambi?

Menassans are very knew to eating the food of foreigners, some do, some don't most do with caution.

You can edit your original app, yes.
Interesting. Why is that?

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri May 15, 2020 8:49 am

Kept you waiting...probably. Most likely not.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Fri May 15, 2020 8:53 am

Teressien wrote:
Menassa wrote:Ah, my image size was too large, I understand. Can I apologize by Killing Bambi?

You can edit your original app, yes.
Interesting. Why is that?

Done!

Religious dietary preferences.
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

Teressien
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Teressien » Fri May 15, 2020 9:01 am

Danceria wrote:Kept you waiting...probably. Most likely not.

I was not waiting for you, Danceria. I was expecting you. ; )
Good to see you.

Menassa wrote:Done!

Religious dietary preferences.

Interesting.
In any case, without further ado:

Menassa wrote:
Répondez s'il vous plaît

Name of attendee (including titles and similar): Judas Hyrcanus, Sar HaMilchamah
Country of Origin: Menassa
Appearance:(Image)
Culinary Concerns: He's probably not going to eat your food.
Medical Concerns: None
Notes: None

---------------

OOC-Section
Have you read and understood the rules? "Let's kill Bambi!"
RP-Sample: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=215002

Note: Quote modified by removal of spoiler tag.

Accepted! Welcome aboard!
Though, if he were to kill Bambi while in Teressien, would he then be allowed to eat it?
Last edited by Teressien on Fri May 15, 2020 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Fri May 15, 2020 9:05 am

Teressien wrote: Accepted! Welcome aboard!
Though, if he were to kill Bambi while in Teressien, would he then be allowed to eat it?

Yea if he killed it appropriately which is unlikely during hunting.

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Fri May 15, 2020 9:19 am

Teressien wrote:
New Visayan Islands wrote:I'm assuming it's because she's a recovered coronavirus patient, not because she's an Associate Justice of the Visayan Supreme Court?

It's actually both, but let's not go too deep into the how, why and why not. I assume, that she had a mild corona-infection?
And yes, if you want to add further characters, go right ahead. The more the merrier! ; )

Stay healthy.

She did.

And thanks, Selks...or would you prefer Terry since you're using Teressien ATM?
Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri May 15, 2020 9:33 am

Répondez s'il vous plaît

Name of attendee (including titles and similar): His Lordship, Vayne Carudas Solidor
Country of Origin: Danceria, United Kingdoms of
Appearance: Lord Vayne is a tall, twenty-something year old man from the rather Hellenized Archades region of Danceria. Possessing dark brown hair and blue eyes, he carries himself with a fulfilling legacy of aristocracy, with reserves of strength and charisma to apply gently. But even someone devoted to the machinations of politics desires a bit of R&R...
Medical Concerns: That everyone practices proper weapon safety, aside from that, no.

---------------

OOC-Section
Have you read and understood the rules? Killing Bambi is illegal, and his mom. But itchy trigger fingers is as they do.
RP-Sample: I’ve been busy
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Teressien
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Teressien » Fri May 15, 2020 10:01 am

Menassa wrote:
Teressien wrote: Accepted! Welcome aboard!

Yea if he killed it appropriately which is unlikely during hunting.

Yeah, that tends to be difficult...

New Visayan Islands wrote:She did.

And thanks, Selks...or would you prefer Terry since you're using Teressien ATM?

Okay. In the light of this new information, I retract my comment.

Terry sounds nice, but whichever you prefer.

Danceria wrote:
Répondez s'il vous plaît

Name of attendee (including titles and similar): His Lordship, Vayne Carudas Solidor
Country of Origin: Danceria, United Kingdoms of
Appearance: Lord Vayne is a tall, twenty-something year old man from the rather Hellenized Archades region of Danceria. Possessing dark brown hair and blue eyes, he carries himself with a fulfilling legacy of aristocracy, with reserves of strength and charisma to apply gently. But even someone devoted to the machinations of politics desires a bit of R&R...
Medical Concerns: That everyone practices proper weapon safety, aside from that, no.

---------------

OOC-Section
Have you read and understood the rules? Killing Bambi is illegal, and his mom. But itchy trigger fingers is as they do.
RP-Sample: I’ve been busy

Accepted, welcome aboard!
So, a Dancerian Lord - he find more intrigue around as he might have expected. ; )

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Fri May 15, 2020 10:18 am

Teressien wrote:
Menassa wrote:Yea if he killed it appropriately which is unlikely during hunting.

I guess theoretically if the animal is wounded in a non-lethal way he could walk up to it, but again unlikely.

Brettenwald
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Brettenwald » Fri May 15, 2020 10:23 am

A bunch of wealthy industrialists, a judge, several members of royalty and a hyper-Orthodox Jew walk into a hunting lodge. The guest list sounds like the setup for a joke, not gonna lie, but I'm really excited for the start of IC events.
BRETTENWALD

Teressien
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Teressien » Fri May 15, 2020 11:18 am

Menassa wrote:
Teressien wrote:

I guess theoretically if the animal is wounded in a non-lethal way he could walk up to it, but again unlikely.

Indeed. But he does take a water or a tea or something, right?

Brettenwald wrote:A bunch of wealthy industrialists, a judge, several members of royalty and a hyper-Orthodox Jew walk into a hunting lodge. The guest list sounds like the setup for a joke, not gonna lie, but I'm really excited for the start of IC events.

Me, too. Especially since there are also a bunch of artists of various descriptions (and skill levels) around. ; )

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Fri May 15, 2020 11:26 am

Teressien wrote:
Menassa wrote:I guess theoretically if the animal is wounded in a non-lethal way he could walk up to it, but again unlikely.

Indeed. But he does take a water or a tea or something, right?

Sure, if he's not feeling skittish. They usually travel with a small water skin and wine skin.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Fri May 15, 2020 12:10 pm

Répondez s'il vous plaît

Name of attendee (including titles and similar): Sir James Lewitt
Occupation: Globetrotting socialite, and part-time ambassador to the WA
Country of Origin: Kenmoria
Appearance:
Since the render doesn’t show colour, James has pale skin, dark brown hair, and blue eyes.
Culinary Concerns: He’s a pescatarian.
Medical Concerns: N/A
Notes: The ambassadorship to the WA isn’t common knowledge, and only a select few in Kenmoria know that James has this position.

---------------

OOC-Section
Have you read and understood the rules? Yes, but Bambi hasn’t. Let’s kill Bambi!
RP-Sample: This roleplay,
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Teressien
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Teressien » Fri May 15, 2020 12:21 pm

Kenmoria wrote:
Répondez s'il vous plaît

Name of attendee (including titles and similar): Sir James Lewitt
Occupation: Globetrotting socialite, and part-time ambassador to the WA
Country of Origin: Kenmoria
Since the render doesn’t show colour, James has pale skin, dark brown hair, and blue eyes.
Culinary Concerns: He’s a pescatarian.
Medical Concerns: N/A
Notes: The ambassadorship to the WA isn’t common knowledge, and only a select few in Kenmoria know that James has this position.

---------------

OOC-Section
Have you read and understood the rules? Yes, but Bambi hasn’t. Let’s kill Bambi!
RP-Sample: This roleplay,

Note: Quote modified by removal of spoiler tags.

Gladly accepted, welcome aboard!
So, a globetrotter, who sometimes plays ambassador... interesting. Especially since none of my nations are members of the WA for a variety of reasons.

Teressien
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Teressien » Sat May 16, 2020 12:25 pm

Good evening, everyone!
My apologies for the double-post, but I made a slight rule change, which you all should be aware of: Instead of starting in the inner courtyard, everyone will start on the terrace. The majority of the party will be there and in the adjacent rooms (and in the rooms below) and the beer corpses can be deposited in the guest rooms far more easily from there as well. ; )
Thank you for your attention and have a nice Sunday!

mfg,
Teressien/Selks

Brettenwald
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Brettenwald » Sat May 16, 2020 1:28 pm

Selks, am I imagining things or did you post a layout of the Jagdschloss and then remove it? I'd swear I saw one in this thread, but maybe it's a caffeine/stress-induced hallucination and it was on your wiki instead.
BRETTENWALD

Teressien
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Teressien » Sat May 16, 2020 1:31 pm

Brettenwald wrote:Selks, am I imagining things or did you post a layout of the Jagdschloss and then remove it? I'd swear I saw one in this thread, but maybe it's a caffeine/stress-induced hallucination and it was on your wiki instead.

It is on the Wikia. I'm currently working on it, especially on the rooms adjacent to the terrace (for some reason) and I do have some nice ideas for them.

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Sat May 16, 2020 1:42 pm

Répondez s'il vous plaît

Name of attendee (including titles and similar): Mr George Fenwick II
Occupation: Socialite, businessman, "media personality", and singer
Country of Origin: Munkchester
Appearance: George Fenwick II
Culinary Concerns: Fenwick has no dietary issues.
Medical Concerns: Fenwick has no medical issues.
Notes: Fenwick is the son of Lord President George Fenwick. He has been accused of personal involvement in the slave trade, but he denies all such claims.

---------------

OOC-Section
Have you read and understood the rules?: Let's kill Bambi!
RP-Sample: here
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC
FORTITERDEFENDITTRIUMPHANS

formerly Munkchester — formerly Munkcestrian Republic — he/him/his
Pro-Slavery Alliance

Teressien
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Teressien » Sat May 16, 2020 1:57 pm

Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:
Répondez s'il vous plaît

Name of attendee (including titles and similar): Mr George Fenwick II
Occupation: Socialite, businessman, "media personality", and singer
Country of Origin: Munkchester
Appearance: George Fenwick II
Culinary Concerns: Fenwick has no dietary issues.
Medical Concerns: Fenwick has no medical issues.
Notes: Fenwick is the son of Lord President George Fenwick. He has been accused of personal involvement in the slave trade, but he denies all such claims.

---------------

OOC-Section
Have you read and understood the rules?: Let's kill Bambi!
RP-Sample: here

This application is denied on the following reasons: One, the RP-sample has to be from the account you are applying with. No exception means no exception. Two, even if you would correct that, I am aware of your... dubious track record.
Not accepted.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates