NATION

PASSWORD

The 51st WHF - Sinnlichšukai, Tödlichebujoku - Draft Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun May 03, 2020 2:03 pm

XX. Tödlichebujoku
"Feel Alive" - Noravas ft. Álvrüttá Matsuvoka

Language(s): English
Lyrics: Álvrüttá Matsuvoka
Music: Artteman Vanhanen, Álvrüttá Matsuvoka, Armo Mori
Tune:Gryffin, ZOHARA - Remember

Artteman Vanhanen, better known as Noravas, and Álvrüttá Matsuvoka first met on the matrix shard for one of Noravas's early songs. The two connected quickly over their love of the electronic genre, but the pace of their lives and simple distance prevented them from collaborating for years. It was only during a festival in Eisikke-ka that the east coast producer and the west coast singer were able to meet in person and actually come up with any plans at all for a proper collaboration. Their concept was still in the early stages when TÖBUK and Estegoa100 scouted them out based on their previous work for a potential spot in the largest edition of Sinun Valintasi yet- SV Starfall. Intrigued by the idea, and having been previously been inspired by previous Tödlichebujoki WorldVision and World Hit Festival acts, the two agreed to participate in the national selection, and were eventually placed in the PULSAR semi-final. The pair quickly gained favor with international juries, sailing through their semi before placing second in the cutthroat COLLISION final against a variety of competitive acts, holding their own against the MAGMA pre-qualifiers that ended up dominating the top of the final standings. The two certainly did not originally enter to win, but with their growing traction, they realized that the path was open and that they were really in for the long haul. With Starfall winner Rasiña managing 6th place in WorldVision 80, Álvrüttá and Artteman realized that they would really have to push hard in order to do Tödlichebujoku's prior entrant and 2nd placer VELUNA any justice at all. The pressure was on.

The stage slowly begins to glow with a deep blue haze, which morphs in an iridescent manner to a deep red that pulsates with the beat. A bright white spotlight shines down upon the backside of Álvrüttá, who is dressed in a slim, shimmering white gown that trails down behind her. At first she is facing away from the audience, eventually turning her head back to face them, before ultimately turning back and hanging her head in internal turmoil, taking a moment to take a breath and steady her nerves. In the mist of the soft haze, she appears to glow in the white light, ethereal and otherworldly like a fever dream

Each night we're focused on fighting
Though there's no passion igniting
Maybe it's not worth this denying
Oh there never was enough
There never was enough

Álvrüttá whirls around, arcing her head around just so in a comfortable fashion, letting her hair follow her movement and wrap over to her front in an elegant motion, thus breaking the façade of an illusion and shifting back into sharp reality. She raises her head upwards to the light, as if pleading for answers from the gods above, before sinking her weary gaze back down toward the audience before her, eyes drained of hope and desperate. Around her wraps an oppressive darkness, virtually a physical presence despite the pulsating haze below and the spotlight above, a faint crackle of electric light occasionally visible in the dark mist around her

Found me searching for answers
Why we're in a disaster, zone
I feel I'm swimming through darkness
Won't ever find enough
Won't ever find it

With the transition to the chorus, the ambient pulsing and lights dissipate, leaving Álvrüttá alone glowing in a cloud of crackling darkness that blends into the darkness throughout the arena. She strikes an arm outward, pushing away the darkness, which crackles angrily upon contact. She continues pushing at it with both arms as she continues, stepping forward, such that the crackling darkness begins to recede behind her and become a background, instead of a danger and obstacle. Upon singing "Gotta close this door in our lives," she steps fully clear of the darkness and shines with all her glory

Can't keep pretending
That all our heartbeats tremble for something
That we both know we won't wait for nothing
Gotta close this door in our lives
And let's feel alive

The darkness fades away, melding into the rest of the unlit expanse of the arena, as pure beams of light pierce across the stage and interior, lingering for a moment like brilliant lightning bolts, before dissipating and giving way to a new beam of light elsewhere in the arena. Álvrüttá slowly whirls around, the camera view tracking her face from an angle above, the beams of light visible as they pierce diagonally in different directions around her as she clutches at herself, her eyes closed as the occasional gleam of light bounces off her and reflects into the camera view

Oh, baby, let me go
Oh, baby, let me go
Oh, baby, let me go
Let me, let me

Oh, baby, let me go
Oh, baby, let me go
Oh, baby, let me go
I gotta feel alive, I gotta feel

Álvrüttá leans and transitions into an elegant dance, grooving to the music, arms over her head and down her body, as bolts of light hit her from random directions, and vertical lights blink down over the audience, slowly slanting diagonally away from the stage. Flanking her, on the side portions of the stage floor, are visions of two feminine-looking figures on each side, one silver and one charcoal black, performing a combative yet also avoidant dance, dueling in close quarters and then separating to be yards apart, mirroring one another's moves as they circle one another, eventually turning away, with the silver figure mirroring Álvrüttá's moves

Can't keep pretending
And let's feel alive

The figures fade away as the focus returns to Álvrüttá, however shots of light still flash across the air to the beat as she stops dancing and returns her attention to the audience before and around her. She strides to the edge of the stage gazing straight toward the audience, and straight into the camera view as it passes near her, determined, direct, and unwavering. A faint breeze shifts her hair ever so slightly as she turns away in disappointment and weariness at the last two lines

You don't believe its deceiving
I know you see what I'm seeing
I'm dreaming of freedom
And this just isn't love
No it just isn't love

A low rim of fire rises along the edge of the stage, as a camera shot along its length captures prophetic visions within the myriad dancing flames that shift colors beyond the ordinary range of white to red. Soon after, another shot at about waist height pans by Álvrüttá, facing upward toward the wavering, star-like lights far above her, the occasional diagonal beam of light flashing by, before being replaced by a more traditional shot of her, with a distant gaze, first in the direction of the fire, then in the direction of the stars. She then turns back to the audience with a sweeping, disappointed glance

I look to the fire that's breathing
I turn to the stars for their meaning
But they answer the same, oh
This never was enough
It never was enough

A large number of spotlights concentrate around Álvrüttá, strobing around her in a conical pattern as she raises her arms out in front of her, as if pleading. The strobing spotlights transition to several sets of spotlights that flash in different configurations around her in time to the beat. Putting all of her power in her voice, Álvrüttá feels as if her world is bounded by the array of spotlights flashing around her, making a conscious effort to look beyond toward the audience, and toward the broadcast crystals hovering around her, to smoothly transition between the two points of focus

Can't keep pretending
And let's feel alive

Oh, baby, let me go
Oh, baby, let me go
Oh, baby, let me go
Let me, let me

Oh, baby, let me go
Oh, baby, let me go
Oh, baby, let me go
I gotta feel alive, I gotta feel

A gust of wind blasts upon her, so that the fire along the stage edge billows into a huge blast of flame, whereupon Álvrüttá's gown burns off and dissolves into smoke, leaving her with a skintight shimmering golden jumpsuit, her skin and hair unsinged, her appearance otherwise untouched. She spins around, the light reflecting off her suit in a dazzle, before leaning forward, into the song, with all her energy

Can't keep pretending
And let's feel alive

The lighting dies down, the fire ceases, as Álvrüttá transitions to a calmer, more fluid dance that is only visible during the occasional, sporadic flash of light amidst the utter darkness, her outfit radiant with every flash, and every flash coming in faster and faster as the song builds back up to the final chorus

I gotta feel alive
I gotta feel alive
I gotta feel alive
I gotta feel alive
I gotta feel alive
I gotta feel alive
This never was enough
What will it take now?

As the lighting intensifies, Artteman makes an appearance clad all in black, with a black jacket on top. Surrounded by bursts of sparks, the two re-enact the dance performed by the figures earlier on in the performance, starting with an intimate, yet combative choreography that transitions to a distant circling with mirrored moves. Álvrüttá's dancing grows more euphoric and liberated as the chorus goes on

Can't keep pretending
And let's feel alive

The lights cut out bit by bit, as the two fall to the floor, reaching for one another, before turning away, the camera capturing the two from above as they form a symmetrical pattern on the stage floor

I gotta feel alive
I gotta feel alive
I gotta feel alive
I gotta feel alive
Something, I gotta feel it

The light lingers on Álvrüttá before blinking out

"Kiitos kaikille, Sinnlichšukai!" shouted Álvrüttá after getting back on her feet. Next to her, Artteman nods, tossing out a quick "Rauha, suk" with a quick salute before the two executed a quick bow and exited the stage.
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Mon May 04, 2020 10:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Lagoa
Lobbyist

Founded: May 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Lagoa » Sun May 03, 2020 2:08 pm

XX. Lagoa
"Sim" - Saição Novômem

Title Translation: Yes
Language(s): Language(s) of the lyrics of the song
Lyrics: Reeta Appe, Saição Novômem
Music: Biasgju Akula, Donato Funar, Saição Novômem, Aulo Carreira
Tune: James Newman - My Last Breath

Though Saição Novômem placed third in the talent show "A Voz Dourada", he captured the hearts of the Lagoan audience and also caught the eyes and ears of the broadcaster MTL, which provided him with a number of opportunities to advance his music career. Though he came from the academic city of Boivau, Saição had always found himself attracted to the stage, taking the risk of avoiding higher education to focus on building relationships and skill in the cosmopolitan city of Estegoa where he eventually made it to the bright lights of the nationally broadcasted shows and eventually the good graces of MTL. This led to his participation in WorldVision 81, where he represented the historical nation, placing 21st out of 34 and avoiding the bottom ten despite unforeseen problems with staging. Now, hoping to redeem his result, Saição and MTL have agreed for him to compete in the 51st World Hit Festival much closer to home in Sinnlichšukai, on the other coast of Tödlichebujoku.

The lights throb faintly as Saição stands in center stage, head down, nodding to the beat before raising his head and bringing the resonator to his lips, and begins to sing

Vós se virasteis
Eu não portava de novo, não
Faz muito tempo agora
Olho para trás, e prisimino

You turned away
I couldn't bear it again, no
It's been too long now
I look back, and reminisce

The camera view swoops in on him from a distance as he gazes up towards it

Não fujais do passado
Eu sei cue é dôroso

Don't run away from the past
I know it's painful

The lights sweep out, a golden aura suffusing the stage, Saição putting his all into his voice, gazing benevolently into the camera view, a warm expression as he nods towards it

Sabei cue eu inhoço
E se vós voltardes a mim
Vós tereis certeza
Eu sempre direi... sim
Eu sempre direi... sim

Know that I forgive
And if you return to me
You'll be sure
I will always say... yes
I will always say... yes

There is nothing but understanding in his expression as he returns to the verse, stepping back from the unbridled positivity of the chorus to shift toward a more serious, sympathetic tone, his voice cracking ever so slightly as he reminisces upon his own darkest moments

Um rosto no brinâis
Perdido no erdue, tão sozinho
Sei cue dói pra caramba
Eu estive lá e vivi isso, como vos

A face in the mirror
Lost in space, so alone
I know it hurts like hell
I've been there and lived that, like you

The lights sweep out once more as Saição belts out the chorus once more, smiling at the camera view

Sabei cue eu inhoço
E se vós voltardes a mim
Vós tereis certeza
Eu sempre direi... sim
Eu sempre direi... sim

Know that I forgive
And if you return to me
You'll be sure
I will always say... yes
I will always say... yes

The lighting effects tone down as the camera view consists primarily of close ups, intimate angles of Saição, who gestures toward it

Não fujais do passado
Eu sei cue é dôroso

Don't run away from the past
I know it's painful

An arc of golden pyros rains down behind him as the golden glow invades the stage once more, all is warm and inviting as Saição reaches outwards, nodding ever so slightly whenever he says, "Sim"

Sabei cue eu inhoço
E se vós voltardes a mim
Vós tereis certeza
Eu sempre direi... sim
Eu sempre direi... sim

Know that I forgive
And if you return to me
You'll be sure
I will always say... yes
I will always say... yes

He executes one last nod

Eu sempre direi... sim

I will always say... yes

With a warm smile, he fades away as the light cuts out

"Obrigado Sinnlichšukai!" he shouts, before very quickly and demurely bowing and then stepping off the stage.
Last edited by Lagoa on Tue May 05, 2020 3:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Teesdexxia
Attaché

Founded: Apr 13, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Teesdexxia » Sun May 03, 2020 8:58 pm

XX. Teesdexxia
"what would I even say?" - Jeany Aylan

Lyrics:
Music:
Tune:Billie Eilish - when the party's over

Jeany in a promotional picture

Jeany Aylan is a 19-year-old Teesdexxian singer from the suburbs of Stockton. Born on the 13th November 2000 into a well-connected family of Teesdexxian musicians, music was something that has always been present in her life from a young age, with her enrolling in classes from the age of 5 and making music with her older brother for as long as she can remember. A rising star, Jeany’s career is still in its infancy, so the opportunity to represent the nation at an international competition is an opportunity Jeany could not afford to miss. “I just couldn’t believe it, it was surreal” Jeany is noted with saying about the call she got about WHF, “I was just in total shock that they’d ask me, such shock I forgot to even answer at first, I just stood there like an idiot. Obviously when I came to my senses I said yes, yes, a thousand times yes!”.

News of her choosing, or of Teesdexxia’s return for the 51st edition in general did not come until fairly late, and due to this the song in which she will sing at the contest has been kept fairly under wraps, with the only official information released before the contest being that it was a personal ballad, and that it would be called “What Would I Even Say?”, stylised in all lowercase. For the creation of the song, Jeany knew she needed to do something personal and real to her. This would be a big opportunity for exposure, so she knew she had to put her best and most genuine on display. She enlisted the help of her usual collaborator, her older brother Fionn, and they got to work on a personal and emotive ballad. Jeany has said that the lyrics aren’t so much that of a typical break-up song, but are instead meant to reflect more of a complicated situation in love, where you’re stuck in confusion of your position and where you are going, and where the other person in the situation isn’t giving off many clues to help you know either.

Jeany arrived in Sinnlichšukai 3 weeks early. This was mainly so she could sightsee a little around the beautiful city before she had to focus all of her energy on the competition. Enjoying her time in the city very much, when the time came for rehearsals, Jeany and her team had exactly what they wanted all already figured out, and after a couple of attempts to get everything just as planned, their staging was ready for the big night.

When the night itself came, so did the nerves creeping over Jeany’s back. She tried to ward them off, but there was no way she could with how important this show, especially to her personally. The weight of a nation’s expectations, and her own, were on her shoulders. Alas, her time had come, her name was called, and her nation’s postcard had begun to play. It was now or never, so she took a deep breath, got a hug from Fionn, and ran onto the stage, ready to give it her all and present her song the best she could to the millions watching.

The song begins with the camera zoomed out with a full view of the stage. The arena is darkened, with alone the edges of the stages and the screens lit in bright white light and around 6 spotlights criss-crossed from one side of the arena, over the top of the stage on onto the other side, with 3 on each side. The stage itself is covered in a thick layer of fog and stood within this fog is Jeany herself. As the vocals begin the camera slowly moves towards the stage, with Jeany herself not moving and just singing towards to the crowd. Once the camera meets her, it pans around her.

Ice cold air cutting on my skin,
Lonesome late night walks, patience wears thin,
My mind is filling up with doubt,
My heart wants nothing but to shout out.

When the song transitions into the chorus, the camera focuses on Jeany from a full body view, she now sings to the camera directly. From within the fog at the backend of the stage, light emanates, pulsating in time with the bass in the chorus. Similarly, the crossed spotlights move in their opposite pairs across the stage in the second line, and then back to their original positions in the third.

Mixed signals and a torn heart, but I'm still alone,
In my mind, thoughts just play me like that, play me like that,
In my mind, thoughts just play me like that, play me like that.

As the second verse starts, red synthetic blood starts dripping down from what would be the position of Jeany’s heart, staining her white shirt in the process, the flow of blood drips down her entire body. Jeany starts to walk forward, wiping some of the blood with her hand. During the jarring “Call for me” line, she staggeringly rubs her hand on her face and her hair, in turn wiping the blood on there. During this verse, the camera just seemingly floats in front of Jeany, keeping the same amount of distance from her as she begins to walk. However, the camera stops in the last line, letting Jeany get closer until only her chest and above is in view. On the last lyric, the camera momentarily fades to black.

Underwhelm or Overbearing?
All I want, I need is some caring,
Hear my name but too far away, (Call for me)
And if I called, what would I even say?

The staging effects in this chorus are much like the first, however instead of being static, Jeany moves while singing, emotively swaying and doing arm movements like she’s trying, and struggling, to comprehend something, mirroring the themes of the lyrics.

Into the bridge, Jeany again walks towards the front of the stage, while the camera pans around her. During the bridge it begins to rain on the stage, slowly washing the “blood” off and leaving a reddish trail.

But do I just tell myself lies,
4AM and muffled cries,
Should I just move on,
Can I even move on?

For the final repeat of the chorus, Jeany sits on the front edge of the stage, singing out into the audience. Slowly, the few bits of light behind her fade out one-by-one, and as the camera slowly pans to a shot of her face, the camera itself fades into darkness for the final words.

After the lights come back on within the arena, Jeany jumps back up and waves towards the audience, quickly she says “Thank you for having me Sinnlichšukai, thank you!” before turning to run off stage.
Last edited by Teesdexxia on Tue May 05, 2020 5:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Natanya
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 15, 2011
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Natanya » Sun May 03, 2020 9:35 pm

XX. Natanya
"Jackalope" - The Tears of Wrath

Lyrics:
Music:
Tune: Of Monsters And Men - Alligator

The Tears of Wrath

The Tears of Wrath are a band with members from all over Natanya, formed at a folk festival meet-up some 50 miles out from Nightton. The band usually performs Folk and Folk-Rock music, occasionally deviating into other genres. Rising stars in the Natanyan folk scene, they were chosen to represent Natanya at the 51st World Hit Festival in a shock late announcement, and will be taking their more rock inspired song "Jackalope" to the stage in Todlichebujoku. The band is reported excited for the night, and hope to be able to themselves and their nation proud. When asked about expectations, Hanna, the band's female lead, said they didn't really have many and instead were just hoping to have some fun and maybe pick up some points along the way.

Before the song begins, the band take up their positions on the centre of the stage, spaced a couple metres from each other as to take up space around the centre part of the stage. As the music begins to play, most of the stage is in darkness, with a thin border of light around the backing LEDs flashing. During this period, the camera pans through the audience, changing angles a couple times. When the vocals start with the first Ha!, pyrotechnics shoot up from the sides of the stage, leaving smoke lingering in the air, along with this, the backing LED springs to life, with waves of neon colours emanating from the centre of the screen. More pyrotechnics fire up for the second “ha!”. As the lyrics properly start, the camera focus’s on Hanna with an upper body shot, she sings straight to the camera, being expressive with her arm movements. This continues for the second line, however the camera moves to a side shot. For the third line, the camera quickly pans out, before changing to a shot of Hanna with her arm extended. For the short mid-verse intermission, the camera changes to a shot from within the audience and the LED background briefly flashes multiple block colours. The final two lines play much like the first, but with more zoomed out shots.

(Ha! Ha!)
In my senses I have drowned,
Bring me colours, bring me sound,
Can you dance with me tonight?
Times are changing and time is ticking,
Feel the heat in you, let the heat in you.

In the chorus the camera pans round the band members and the stage until the line “let it go”, in which the camera zooms out in time with the lyric “go”, with spotlights pointing from the ceiling to the back of the stage flashings quickly in the short instrumental after the 4th line. The second half follows the same pattern, but instead with the camera zooming in from a far shot on the lyric “go”. In the instrumental after the chorus, the backing LED displays multiple fluid shapes and shadows crashing into each other, but these constantly flash different colours, similarly, the spotlights are focused across the arena flashing very quickly. In this section, the camera also cuts from shot to shot in quick succession, only resting when the guitar in the instrumental also briefly rests.

Shout it out,
I must be dreaming,
And when I let it go,
I must be dreaming,
Hear me now,
And my heart is screaming,
And now you let it go,
I must be dreaming (I must be dreaming)

During the first line the camera turns so the stage is upside down, the camera then lifts so that only the LED background is visible, which is displaying a neon blue coloured sky scattered with pink stars. The camera continues to move through the sky before descending back onto the band, now the right way up despite there being seemingly no change with the camera while focusing on the sky scene

Oh so bright when our eyes started to gleam
In the neon sky, flashing way up high,
Visions of hope and of love swiftly run by,
Oh I,

The staging for the first chorus repeats here, however towards the end each stop of the guitar is met with a burst of pyrotechnics.

Shout it out,
I must be dreaming,
And when I let it go,
I must be dreaming,
Hear me now,
And my heart is screaming,
And now you let it go,
I must be dreaming (I must be dreaming)

After the song ends the band, with Hanna front and centre, stays posed for a couple seconds, before bowing while Hanna shouts “Thank you” into the mic. As the camera pans away for the next performance, they band get ready to exit the stage.
Last edited by Natanya on Tue May 05, 2020 5:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
GENERATION 33: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation.

WV21 - Savnic - The Japanese Girl - 22nd - 25 points,
WV31 - Kaylileenástkadeenada Ñadiakimadoradaþínkaðerren - You Can't Make Me Cry - 16th - 37 points,
WV32 - Tuo Su and Yao Su - Internal Fire - 19th - 42 Points,
WV34 - CNLD,
WV38 - CNLD.

Antenovaria
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 11, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Antenovaria » Mon May 04, 2020 1:47 am

XX. Antenovaria
"Meu Amor é Seu" - Caio Pereira da Silva

Title Translation: (My Love Is Yours)
Language(s): Language(s) English, Portuguese
Lyrics: Caio Perira da Silva, Matheus
Music: Matheus
Tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNWfz5mn5G4

[Intro]
Ai sim, Ai sim, Ai sim, Ai sim

[Verse 1]
We’ll keep dancing through the night, Oh, oh (oh la la la la la)
Keep looking into your eyes, oh (oh la la la la la)
Take me to heaven, that’s what you do to me
You are my treasure
Baby you’re all mine (oh la la la la la)
Just keep the pace, don’t go slow don’t go fast
Just keep calling out my name
No one else will be the same, yeah

[Chorus]
Meu amor é seu, your love is like a potion
Theres something in you that makes you so special
Just you and me forever, you’re my pleasure, you are

[Verse 2]
Vem cá meu amor
You make me feel so weak, oh
(I love your taste, I love your taste)
Baby do you need more
(Keep it between us, between us)
Just come kick it with me, oh
(Theres no time for space, no time for space)
Just keep the pace, don’t go slow don’t go fast
Just keep calling out my name
No one else will be the same, yeah

[Chorus]
There’s something in you that makes you so special

Ai sim

[Bridge]
You are, you know, baby you’re so special me dê mais de você ,me dê mais de você
(ai sim, ai sim)
You are, you know, baby you’re so special me dê mais de você ,me dê mais de você
(ai sim, ai sim)

[Chorus]
[Chorus]

[Chorus]