NATION

PASSWORD

The Winter Ball (IC - FULL)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Gristolian Imperium
Attaché

Founded: Nov 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Gristolian Imperium » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:00 pm

Kuronami wrote:A small lull in the crowd again managed to let the two women at center stage take a moment to drink a little water and collect themselves. "So many people, Milady. You really do know how to throw a party don't you?"

"I do try." The next guest arrived. Bianca whispered into her ear again of whom she was addressing "Your Majesty, welcome." Fine greeted The Empress Queen. "I'm glad you're finding the city lovely. I also can agree that I wish to have many more meetings between us. I'm sure we'll encounter each other quite a bit this evening as soon as I'm finished welcoming the arrivals. So please help yourself to any food if you wish, mingle with anyone you wish. Remember that our staff is on hand if you need anything."

Bianca gestured for the good lady to make her exit to the right which like anyone else would lead her quickly in the vacinity of the buffet table. Maids were laying out fresh trays of new food from the kitchen and pouring drinks of water, alcohol and non-alcoholic beverages for anyone's taste and desires.

Bianca heard in her ear peace "Take another moment, Milady. You have another 5-10."

"Thank you, Bianca."

Walking off stage to the right, Emily stopped by the the refreshments to grab a glass of champagne. She did not drink often, except on special occasions like these. Glancing over the crowd, she noticed the various delegations interacting with each other. Though not prone to run over and start a conversation with anyone, the Empress-Queen reflected on what lack of credit she gave to the importance of these events. While wars certainly won land, high society events surely secured a nations place in the world. In the backrooms of the palace, friends would be made and unsuspecting allies forged. These parties were never her forte, but she still enjoyed the break away from Dunwall. Who knows, she thought, maybe she herself would also make some friends tonight.

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:13 am

Allison Sanchez
Royal Palace

"The party is quite charming, to be honest. I cannot speak for the Astarian royals, though," Allison replied. "Shame I couldn't take my husband and two children with me," she added. Marvin Sanchez was General Counsel for the fashion company Nabong, Ramirez, and Tan, having held the position since Winston de la Vega's death in October 2019, and while its corporate office weathered an entire month under the District of Humabon quarantine, whether or not the company was getting back on track was something no one could say for sure even after two months.
"Now as for the measures taken to mitigate the economic impact of COVID-19, as a libertarian, it was admittedly difficult to concede to the fact that subsidies were needed to keep the Visayan economy under control; President Cui thought otherwise, hence the signing of the Coronavirus Mitigation Package Act on April 13th, the day before quarantine was lifted for the District of Humabon. It wasn't until the end of April that we got to see how COMPACT managed to stabilize the Visayan economy." Allison chuckled at the last sentence. "It worked. How didn't matter at that point."
She then turned to Esperanta: "As I understand it, the pandemic didn't reach Kuronami; how did you manage to avert that bullet?"
Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

Kuronami
Minister

Founded: Nov 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:43 am

Kyrenaia wrote:Khana Amina bint-Karim.
I smiled.
"I can imagine. It is a nice festivity... and I do hope, that there are enough gentlemen, who do not let size stand in the way of a good dance.", said the woman of 2.16 meters. I let a beat pass. "Though, the formal style of address would be Amina-Khana, but just call me Amina, Milady. I do not often stand on ceremony. And speaking of which..." I motioned to my conversation partners from Shikonjima. "...we were just talking about our hobbies. If I may ask, what do you like to do in your spare time?"

Princess Aurelia bint-Damir.
I bowed my head.
I was indeed the one and I knew, what Carpathia had wanted to say - I hoped so, too, even if it would be only metaphorical kicks in proverbial backsides.
"Thank you very much, from the bottom of my heart... and from the rest of the Movement.", I said and rose again. "It is a difficult struggle and discussion, but ever since that midday at the Al'Arz, the tone used became less aggressive and... it seems as if the attack brought people back to their senses." I let a beat pass. "If anything, that is something positive."
Clearing my throat, I added: "But for something happier, if I may ask, do you have anyone in your lives?"

Magdalen and Carpathia

They gave a somber nod to the events that shook that country and its people to a core. But Aurelia just as quickly segwayed to another topic, their own love lives. "Ah well I'm searching but nobody for me yet." Carpathia responded.

"Well I was...It's a bit complicated and a long story. Well it's done and over with now so I'm single. That said I've been in the running for at least a couple of foreign courts. One out of The Frozen Forest. As such things are what they are, So oh well right? What about you?"

"She's with the UIS Duchess, Maggie." Carpathia had to remind her

"Ah good grief, that's right!"

" Last I heard all the Duchess could talk about when she visited Fine was about you, so you are a lucky woman."

Astares Amauricanum wrote:Adrean and Anna Blachkor
"Good evening to you as well, Princess Gisella, replies Anna with a smile. I see that the press outlets concerning you didn't lie, you are indeed as cute as a button, adds the Empress with a smile even warmer.
-Indeed, continues the Emperor. Anyway Duchess, he continues as he turns back towards Marcella, I would like to know if you have had any problems with us occupying the Islas Malditas since last October. Moreover, I would like to tell you that by the end of the year, many facilities and amenities will be completed around the Islas, and among them a vast hospital facility. In this hospital facility, we plan to not only be able to heal our own citizens who will be posted there, but your citizens as well, especially for serious conditions and illnesses, like the recent COVID19 outbreak that swept across the world. In order to do so, we plan to have a fleet of helicopters be ready 24/7. We hope that it's not too much of an offer."

Gisella giggled at being flattered "Yes, she is adorable." Marcella agreed "That would be very appreciated. We thankfully haven't had any illness yet but I'd rather get ahead of the game just in case. If you are willing, I know that's a lot of resources just for little old us, But yes, thank you very much."

The Gristolian Imperium wrote:Walking off stage to the right, Emily stopped by the the refreshments to grab a glass of champagne. She did not drink often, except on special occasions like these. Glancing over the crowd, she noticed the various delegations interacting with each other. Though not prone to run over and start a conversation with anyone, the Empress-Queen reflected on what lack of credit she gave to the importance of these events. While wars certainly won land, high society events surely secured a nations place in the world. In the backrooms of the palace, friends would be made and unsuspecting allies forged. These parties were never her forte, but she still enjoyed the break away from Dunwall. Who knows, she thought, maybe she herself would also make some friends tonight.

Hyeon-Mi Il daughter of Joon-Silk Il. Hang-Gang Domain, the smaller of Kuronami's provinces she found herself at the table too noticing another lady by her with a glass of champagne, well to be expected it was good stuff but she had another idea. "Hey, try the sweet buns. I don't know they do it here, but they really know how to make them very good." She gestured right at the various sweets that sat on the table

New Visayan Islands wrote:"The party is quite charming, to be honest. I cannot speak for the Astarian royals, though," Allison replied. "Shame I couldn't take my husband and two children with me," she added. Marvin Sanchez was General Counsel for the fashion company Nabong, Ramirez, and Tan, having held the position since Winston de la Vega's death in October 2019, and while its corporate office weathered an entire month under the District of Humabon quarantine, whether or not the company was getting back on track was something no one could say for sure even after two months.
"Now as for the measures taken to mitigate the economic impact of COVID-19, as a libertarian, it was admittedly difficult to concede to the fact that subsidies were needed to keep the Visayan economy under control; President Cui thought otherwise, hence the signing of the Coronavirus Mitigation Package Act on April 13th, the day before quarantine was lifted for the District of Humabon. It wasn't until the end of April that we got to see how COMPACT managed to stabilize the Visayan economy." Allison chuckled at the last sentence. "It worked. How didn't matter at that point."
She then turned to Esperanta: "As I understand it, the pandemic didn't reach Kuronami; how did you manage to avert that bullet?"

"Well so far so good but even Her Grace feels we're on borrowed time as we get deeper into winter. We're trying to stay ahead of that but likely a matter of time before it finally does slip in. Until then we just have to be prepared. I'm sure you folks can give us some advice later on about what to do if it does hit us but until then we're able to help you out if needed. I can't speak on behalf of the Government at large but Kuronami is generous."

Astares Amauricanum
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 30, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Astares Amauricanum » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:00 am

Allison Sanchez
Royal Palace

"The party is quite charming, to be honest. I cannot speak for the Astarian royals, though," Allison replied. "Shame I couldn't take my husband and two children with me," she added. Marvin Sanchez was General Counsel for the fashion company Nabong, Ramirez, and Tan, having held the position since Winston de la Vega's death in October 2019, and while its corporate office weathered an entire month under the District of Humabon quarantine, whether or not the company was getting back on track was something no one could say for sure even after two months.

"Well so far so good but even Her Grace feels we're on borrowed time as we get deeper into winter. We're trying to stay ahead of that but likely a matter of time before it finally does slip in. Until then we just have to be prepared. I'm sure you folks can give us some advice later on about what to do if it does hit us but until then we're able to help you out if needed. I can't speak on behalf of the Government at large but Kuronami is generous."

Gisella giggled at being flattered "Yes, she is adorable." Marcella agreed "That would be very appreciated. We thankfully haven't had any illness yet but I'd rather get ahead of the game just in case. If you are willing, I know that's a lot of resources just for little old us, But yes, thank you very much."

Regis and Shiho Blachkor
"One thing I can already tell you to do that can help with the economical side, says Regis to Esperanta, is that you should start preparing measures for companies with partial unemployment, since many people will have to stay at home. Check your internet networks, so that teleworking doesn't make the whole system crash.
-And on the side of health, continues Shiho, don't hesitate to use health students, like physicians, pharmacists, etc. It's a good way to make them see wha they're job will be like, while elping reinforcing medical workers who might get oveloaded."

Adrean and Anna
"Then consider it done!" says Adrean with a smile. He then leans towards Marcella and speak with a hushed tone: "The Empire does not want anything in exchange for that, we do this because we want to help. However, I fear that this sudden offer might not please some people, among them the Sultana of Kyrenaia, since they're already friends with you, and I've heard rumors in any diplomatic circles that they do not like too much having us around. So, if you could please try to allievate that tension on your side, we would be really appreciative."
He then rises back up, with the same smile as before.
"Aside from that," continues Anna with a smile, "how are the UIS going Duchess? By the way, you may have heard that our country conducted a black operation to capture a criminal on your soil back in 2009, fortunately without casualties. In the name of my husband and I, as well as our country, please accept our sincerest apologies." finishes the Empress as her husband and her bow their heads in apology.
Embassy Program
I don't use NS stats
Change rate: 1 Imperial Covin = 1.86 NSD

Member of: GFTC, IPDA, WHO
A 15.833 civilization, according to this index.
A 1.1428 civilization, according to this one
Nation ranked 8/10 according to this scale

Kyrenaia
Senator

Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:31 am

Kuronami wrote:Magdalen and Carpathia

They gave a somber nod to the events that shook that country and its people to a core. But Aurelia just as quickly segwayed to another topic, their own love lives. "Ah well I'm searching but nobody for me yet." Carpathia responded.

"Well I was...It's a bit complicated and a long story. Well it's done and over with now so I'm single. That said I've been in the running for at least a couple of foreign courts. One out of The Frozen Forest. As such things are what they are, So oh well right? What about you?"

"She's with the UIS Duchess, Maggie." Carpathia had to remind her

"Ah good grief, that's right!"

" Last I heard all the Duchess could talk about when she visited Fine was about you, so you are a lucky woman."

[...]

I smiled.
"Indeed I am... Marcella is..." I struggled to find a word, then gave up. "...mere words can't describe her."
"She has to be a woman of awesomeness if you brave the very seas aboard the Harira once every year to go to the Festival of Holy Light to meet her.", Yasmin said from the side with a smile, then looked to Dad. "I know that feeling... though, everything alright, Damir?"
"Yes, I think so...", he said, then looked at Magdalena, "If you do not mind me prying, but were you, by any chance, one of the suitors of Crown Prince Ivan of the Frozen Forest?"
I raised an eyebrow and looked from one to the other. "You mean that guy, where Auntie Rasha accepted the invitation for fun?", I asked.
"Exactly that one.", Dad confirmed, smiled, "She did say, that she met a young woman from Kuronami there and she did not spare said woman with praises."
RPing in MT and PT.

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Postby New Visayan Islands » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:36 am

Allison Sanchez
Royal Palace

"I do not blame Her Grace," Allison replied. "The coronavirus, after all, first surfaced in the winter of 2019, hence 'Coronavirus disease 2019.' It was in the months that have passed that the spread proved to be horrifically wide--proving to be more infectious than the flu even. Social distancing measures and quarantines go a long way to containing the spread of this specific strain of the SARS-related coronavirus, but there are other no less important fronts that one can pursue in the fight against COVID-19.
"In the case of the Confederation, we're undergoing vaccine trials to protect those who have yet to be infected and using what's called convalescent serum--blood plasma from recovered patients--to stabilize severe cases and treat less severe ones; as a matter of fact, I've been donating plasma as soon as I could. In addition, we've tested favipiravir--admittedly the nuclear option accounting for its teratogenic potential--galidesivir, and remdesivir, along with other antivirals."

Kuronami
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:54 am

Astares Amauricanum wrote:Regis and Shiho Blachkor
"One thing I can already tell you to do that can help with the economical side, says Regis to Esperanta, is that you should start preparing measures for companies with partial unemployment, since many people will have to stay at home. Check your internet networks, so that teleworking doesn't make the whole system crash.
-And on the side of health, continues Shiho, don't hesitate to use health students, like physicians, pharmacists, etc. It's a good way to make them see wha they're job will be like, while elping reinforcing medical workers who might get oveloaded."

Adrean and Anna
"Then consider it done!" says Adrean with a smile. He then leans towards Marcella and speak with a hushed tone: "The Empire does not want anything in exchange for that, we do this because we want to help. However, I fear that this sudden offer might not please some people, among them the Sultana of Kyrenaia, since they're already friends with you, and I've heard rumors in any diplomatic circles that they do not like too much having us around. So, if you could please try to allievate that tension on your side, we would be really appreciative."
He then rises back up, with the same smile as before.
"Aside from that," continues Anna with a smile, "how are the UIS going Duchess? By the way, you may have heard that our country conducted a black operation to capture a criminal on your soil back in 2009, fortunately without casualties. In the name of my husband and I, as well as our country, please accept our sincerest apologies." finishes the Empress as her husband and her bow their heads in apology.

New Visayan Islands wrote:Allison Sanchez
Royal Palace

"I do not blame Her Grace," Allison replied. "The coronavirus, after all, first surfaced in the winter of 2019, hence 'Coronavirus disease 2019.' It was in the months that have passed that the spread proved to be horrifically wide--proving to be more infectious than the flu even. Social distancing measures and quarantines go a long way to containing the spread of this specific strain of the SARS-related coronavirus, but there are other no less important fronts that one can pursue in the fight against COVID-19.
"In the case of the Confederation, we're undergoing vaccine trials to protect those who have yet to be infected and using what's called convalescent serum--blood plasma from recovered patients--to stabilize severe cases and treat less severe ones; as a matter of fact, I've been donating plasma as soon as I could. In addition, we've tested favipiravir--admittedly the nuclear option accounting for its teratogenic potential--galidesivir, and remdesivir, along with other antivirals."

Esperanta nodded then realized oh yeah there were two more in their group! "Oh my goodness where are my manners?" She turned to address REgis and Shiho Blaachkor I'm sorry I haven't intorduced myself to you properly. I'm Esperanta Putino I'm Governor General of the Mazomba Islands. Well maybe you heard me already, ah I guess I'm a little on the spaced side. Hehe. No wonder my little one is such a spacey dreamer, always her head in the clouds. "I have a picture of her, would you all like to see her?" she offered to all as she pulled out her phone to scroll to one (of many) pictures of her daughter. "She's also been on Piffle a few times. But I make sure she balances that with everything else like her school and getting outside to play."

Marcella and Gisella

"Things have been very well back home, thanks for asking! Oh yes, I'm well aware of that." She nodded "It was during my mother's reign so really if anyone should be apologized to, it's her but I do accept your apology and understand why you did what you did. And maybe to Gisella she did have a few nightmares after that whole thing."

"oh sis." She hid her embarrassed eyes behind her hair and looked away with her face glowing red.

Kyrenaia wrote:Princess Aurelia bint-Damir.
I smiled.
"Indeed I am... Marcella is..." I struggled to find a word, then gave up. "...mere words can't describe her."
"She has to be a woman of awesomeness if you brave the very seas aboard the Harira once every year to go to the Festival of Holy Light to meet her.", Yasmin said from the side with a smile, then looked to Dad. "I know that feeling... though, everything alright, Damir?"
"Yes, I think so...", he said, then looked at Magdalena, "If you do not mind me prying, but were you, by any chance, one of the suitors of Crown Prince Ivan of the Frozen Forest?"
I raised an eyebrow and looked from one to the other. "You mean that guy, where Auntie Rasha accepted the invitation for fun?", I asked.
"Exactly that one.", Dad confirmed, smiled, "She did say, that she met a young woman from Kuronami there and she did not spare said woman with praises."

Mag nodded when Aurelia was right on the money. "As a matter of fact it was Prince Ivan. Oooh glad to know I at least left one positive impression on someone." She smiled and blushed a little "Hehe. But yes Ivan too was nice I mean everyone there was pretty good."
Last edited by Kuronami on Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:09 pm

Kuronami wrote:[...]

Mag nodded when Aurelia was right on the money. "As a matter of fact it was Prince Ivan. Oooh glad to know I at least left one positive impression on someone." She smiled and blushed a little "Hehe. But yes Ivan too was nice I mean everyone there was pretty good."

"Yes, my sister is something.", Dad said, smiled, "And she is a good judge of character, too."
"I am sure, that Aunt Rasha would appreciate hearing from you again, too.", I added with a small smile, "If you want, I can give you her address, the real one, not the one, where all the fanmail goes to, and you can write her a letter?"
Dad nodded.
It was a good and sound idea.
RPing in MT and PT.

Polish Prussian Commonwealth
Senator

Founded: Oct 30, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Polish Prussian Commonwealth » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:35 pm

OOC: If you saw my previous post, please ignore it. It was a horrific case of 'wrong thread'.
"Furthermore, I submit that Carthage NSG must be destroyed." t. Marcus Porcius Cato

IC name is "Blauveldt-Ryszana".

A traumatized, but recovering, MT-Early PMT/FanT constitutional monarchy consisting of a personal and constitutional union of two Realms. Features: near-universal gun ownership, governmental dysfunction, terrified Christinaslander Air National Guard personnel counting down the days until they rotate back home, and an eternal standoff with the last of it's former oppressors.

Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Polish Prussian Commonwealth » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:12 pm

Lance Corporal von Hohenzollern-Jagiellon, Prince of Prussia-Poland
Erika, Thane of Fife, Baronetess of Lindsey-on-Sea

"...and remember, you piece of shit, always account for variable change. You hear me, Princeling?"
A young lad in the grey military uniform and spit-shined boots of the Prussian-Polish Reichswehr stood at attention, eyes fixed ahead, as a young, blonde girl in the standard blazer, buttoned shirt, tie, and knee-length skirt of some nameless boarding boarding school harangued him.
"Yes, ma'am." he evenly replied.

"And zip up your fly."
The young lad's face flushed slightly, and he did so.

"Right." continued the lass. "Are the rules of engagement clear?"
"Crystal." he replied.
"Good. If you need me to start shit, rub your ear three times and jerk. And if I catch you chasing tail, I'm telling your father."
"As if. And if I catch you beating the shit out of anyone, I'll tell your father."
"Good, we're agreed then. Knock 'em out, Prince von Hohenzollern-Jagiellon."
"Roger that, Princess Elurion-Byrnes."
"O-Oi!" she replied, blushing furiously. "Don't call me that!"
"Then stop calling me Prince."
"Oh, shut the fuck up!"
Berengar wheezed, and bit back a laugh. "Right, I presume that we can head in now?"
Erika nodded, and the two linked arms, before entering.

Caloris
Two new people entered, a few minutes late, perhaps-Erika Elurion-Byrnes, Princess of Danceria, and Berengar von Hohenzollern-Jagiellon, her adoptive cousin-and currently, half of her impulse control.

After responding to the Empress with a firm nod from Erika, and a brief "A good evening to you as well" from Berengar, they both parted ways for now, with both retreating into opposite corners of the ballroom.
"Furthermore, I submit that Carthage NSG must be destroyed." t. Marcus Porcius Cato

A traumatized, but recovering, MT-Early PMT/FanT constitutional monarchy consisting of a personal and constitutional union of two Realms. Features: near-universal gun ownership, governmental dysfunction, terrified Christinaslander Air National Guard personnel counting down the days until they rotate back home, and an eternal standoff with the last of it's former oppressors.

Kingdom of Damascus
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Damascus » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:11 am

Damascene Guests
The three would show up slightly late, no thanks to bad traffic back in Damascus itself and no thanks to a flight delay. Damascus had been busy on this day. But nonetheless, the three guests would arrive. Achilleas, Nasser and Alexandros. Achilleas and Nasser would arrive dressed in their formal military uniforms- a black uniform, with red trim and gold lining. A very early 2000s look, dating to around the Great Eastern War between the United Kingdoms and their Muslim neighbors. Achilleas had made a name for himself during that war, having been overseeing the invasion, occupation and pacification of the Hejaz region. Nasser as well had fought in the war alongside Achilleas. The war had forged a lifelong friendship between the two. Alexandros however would come dressed completely differently. Although he too served, he never fought in the Great Eastern War let alone served for any long duration of time. He merely fulfilled his 4 years of military service, and wasn't much of a military man to begin with. He'd come dressed plainly and simply in his tuxedo.

After gaining entry, the three would stop for a moment, talking amongst themselves. The conversation would be rather abruptly started by Alexandros, "You know, you'd think that Damascus would be a lot less busy." Nasser would reply, "What do you mean? It's a Monday, and people are going to and from work. Of course the roads are going to be busy." Achilleas would interject, in an annoyed tone, "That's why I wanted us to get here - yesterday. Now we're late. We'd probably be one of the first people here had we taken the flight yesterday." Alexandros would simply shrug, "Well, I don't know what to say. I just didn't think Damascus would be nearly as busy as it was." Achilleas would exhale; dropping his annoyance with his younger brother, and conclude the conversation, "Well, we're here now. Let's just be thankful that we got our foot in the door." The three would continue to join the party.

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Postby New Visayan Islands » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:56 am

Allison Sanchez
Royal Palace

"I've two children myself," Allison added. "Son and daughter, seventeen and fourteen, respectively." She took her own phone out to show pictures of her two children; they were wearing the uniforms of students associated with the District of Humabon Science High School System. Leon was Grade 11 while Samantha was Grade 8.
What Allison didn't say was that Esperanta's admission to absentmindedness was what explained away why she didn't quite recognize the Astarian royals after the good Secretary introduced both parties...but then again, it didn't quite matter; if either royal took any offense she didn't see any signs of the same.

Astares Amauricanum
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Astares Amauricanum » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:23 am

Allison Sanchez
Royal Palace

"I've two children myself," Allison added. "Son and daughter, seventeen and fourteen, respectively." She took her own phone out to show pictures of her two children; they were wearing the uniforms of students associated with the District of Humabon Science High School System. Leon was Grade 11 while Samantha was Grade 8.
What Allison didn't say was that Esperanta's admission to absentmindedness was what explained away why she didn't quite recognize the Astarian royals after the good Secretary introduced both parties...but then again, it didn't quite matter; if either royal took any offense she didn't see any signs of the same.

Esperanta nodded then realized oh yeah there were two more in their group! "Oh my goodness where are my manners?" She turned to address REgis and Shiho Blaachkor I'm sorry I haven't intorduced myself to you properly. I'm Esperanta Putino I'm Governor General of the Mazomba Islands. Well maybe you heard me already, ah I guess I'm a little on the spaced side. Hehe. No wonder my little one is such a spacey dreamer, always her head in the clouds. "I have a picture of her, would you all like to see her?" she offered to all as she pulled out her phone to scroll to one (of many) pictures of her daughter. "She's also been on Piffle a few times. But I make sure she balances that with everything else like her school and getting outside to play."

Marcella and Gisella

"Things have been very well back home, thanks for asking! Oh yes, I'm well aware of that." She nodded "It was during my mother's reign so really if anyone should be apologized to, it's her but I do accept your apology and understand why you did what you did. And maybe to Gisella she did have a few nightmares after that whole thing."

"oh sis." She hid her embarrassed eyes behind her hair and looked away with her face glowing red.

Regis and Shiho Blachkor
"They're nice and cute, says Shiho with a smile as she looks at the photos of Esperanta and Allison's children. As for us, we have two daughters, Maho and Miho, she continues as her husband takes out his phone and shows the image of two girls, the taller one with dark brown hair and brown eyes, the smaller one with ash blonde hair and green eyes.
-Here, you see them in their school uniforms during their teenage years in Japan, explains Regis. But nowadays, Maho is 23 and is currently studying Business Law and Economics at the Columbia University, while Miho is in her second year of mandatory military service in the Empire.
Although the two Astarians could have been offended by Esperanta only noticing them after a while, their past experience had taught them that it was a waste of energy to angry oneself over such a small problem.

Adrean and Anna Blachkor
"Well shit, mutters the Emperor and Empress in Astarian, before switching back to English.
-Don't be ashamed by that Princess, says Anna, it's us who should be ashamed for haivng giving you nightmares.
-But with all due respect, continues Adrean with a dark look in his eyes, if you had seen what this man we captured had done back in the Empire, your nightmares would have been far worse.
But enough of somber topics! exclaims the Emperor with a smile back on his face as he claps in his hands. Princess Gisella, we've heard that you are a Priestess in training. If I may ask, from which Godess? Madoka or Homuka?"
Embassy Program
I don't use NS stats

Kuronami
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:37 am

"Yes, my sister is something.", Dad said, smiled, "And she is a good judge of character, too."
"I am sure, that Aunt Rasha would appreciate hearing from you again, too.", I added with a small smile, "If you want, I can give you her address, the real one, not the one, where all the fanmail goes to, and you can write her a letter?"
Dad nodded.
It was a good and sound idea.

Carpathia and Magdalene

"Wow really? Yeah I'd love that, thank you!"

"Uuuh please excuse me a moment" Carpathia curtsied and excused herself leaving just Maggie. Carpathia was on a mission at this moment time to put the love birds together she went off to find the Duchess.

Amaterasu Daidouji

"Oh hobbies huh? Yes I do enjoy a few things in my spare time. Mostly swords. My father and grandfather, I take after them the most you see, they taught me everything from fighting to forging. Well I'll admit I never got the forging down but my fighting isn't bad. I also have amassed a collection of various types from around the world but mostly from the early history of our domain. I also have taken up flower arrangement, a skill my mother taught me. Many would think I'm far to intense for something like that but I find it relaxing."

Polish Prussian Commonwealth wrote:
Caloris
Two new people entered, a few minutes late, perhaps-Erika Elurion-Byrnes, Princess of Danceria, and Berengar von Hohenzollern-Jagiellon, her adoptive cousin-and currently, half of her impulse control.

After responding to the Empress with a firm nod from Erika, and a brief "A good evening to you as well" from Berengar, they both parted ways for now, with both retreating into opposite corners of the ballroom.

"Strange. They seemed kind of tense." Izetta noticed.

"Mmm maybe." Fine responded just as curious but oh well nothing too out of the ordinary seemed there.

With the two on different sides of the ballroom now. The Lord of Clarines Izana couldn't help but notice the strange bunch and well being closest to Erika he approached her. "Milady, good evening." He bid to her. A married man but always cordial with the ladies.

The Prince meanwhile on the other side of the room was also approached not by one of the nobles of the domain but an aristocrat nonetheless. Sirin Canno a blonde vixen wealthy heiress to a major textiles manufacturing company in Kuronami. At the mere age of 25 she was given the keys to the company. Well she didn't really run the day to day as much that was what the board of directors was for but she did get to reap the benefits. This was a party for high society after all. "Oh, evenin' to you, sir." She said to him. "I don't suppose you're also trying to keep out of the crowds as well. I don't know why I often come to these parties, I just never like this many people crammed into one little place."

Kingdom of Damascus wrote:Damascene Guests
The three would show up slightly late, no thanks to bad traffic back in Damascus itself and no thanks to a flight delay. Damascus had been busy on this day. But nonetheless, the three guests would arrive. Achilleas, Nasser and Alexandros. Achilleas and Nasser would arrive dressed in their formal military uniforms- a black uniform, with red trim and gold lining. A very early 2000s look, dating to around the Great Eastern War between the United Kingdoms and their Muslim neighbors. Achilleas had made a name for himself during that war, having been overseeing the invasion, occupation and pacification of the Hejaz region. Nasser as well had fought in the war alongside Achilleas. The war had forged a lifelong friendship between the two. Alexandros however would come dressed completely differently. Although he too served, he never fought in the Great Eastern War let alone served for any long duration of time. He merely fulfilled his 4 years of military service, and wasn't much of a military man to begin with. He'd come dressed plainly and simply in his tuxedo.

After gaining entry, the three would stop for a moment, talking amongst themselves. The conversation would be rather abruptly started by Alexandros, "You know, you'd think that Damascus would be a lot less busy." Nasser would reply, "What do you mean? It's a Monday, and people are going to and from work. Of course the roads are going to be busy." Achilleas would interject, in an annoyed tone, "That's why I wanted us to get here - yesterday. Now we're late. We'd probably be one of the first people here had we taken the flight yesterday." Alexandros would simply shrug, "Well, I don't know what to say. I just didn't think Damascus would be nearly as busy as it was." Achilleas would exhale; dropping his annoyance with his younger brother, and conclude the conversation, "Well, we're here now. Let's just be thankful that we got our foot in the door." The three would continue to join the party.

Next up the guests from Damascus and so far the last ones to arrive, it seemed it was winding down for a while though there were still a few on RSVP who had yet to show but oh well they'd come when they come. But this meant she'd have a bit more time to talk to them and say hello and not have to rush them along as much. Fine greeted the latest arrivals "Good evening, welcome to Kuronami and welcome to the party."

"Good evening." Izetta wished as well.

New Visayan Islands wrote:Allison Sanchez
Royal Palace

"They're nice and cute, says Shiho with a smile as she looks at the photos of Esperanta and Allison's children. As for us, we have two daughters, Maho and Miho, she continues as her husband takes out his phone and shows the image of two girls, the taller one with dark brown hair and brown eyes, the smaller one with ash blonde hair and green eyes.
-Here, you see them in their school uniforms during their teenage years in Japan, explains Regis. But nowadays, Maho is 23 and is currently studying Business Law and Economics at the Columbia University, while Miho is in her second year of mandatory military service in the Empire.
Although the two Astarians could have been offended by Esperanta only noticing them after a while, their past experience had taught them that it was a waste of energy to angry oneself over such a small problem.

Adrean and Anna Blachkor
"Well shit, mutters the Emperor and Empress in Astarian, before switching back to English.
-Don't be ashamed by that Princess, says Anna, it's us who should be ashamed for haivng giving you nightmares.
-But with all due respect, continues Adrean with a dark look in his eyes, if you had seen what this man we captured had done back in the Empire, your nightmares would have been far worse.
But enough of somber topics! exclaims the Emperor with a smile back on his face as he claps in his hands. Princess Gisella, we've heard that you are a Priestess in training. If I may ask, from which Godess? Madoka or Homuka?

Esperanta Putino

"Oh look at that, all grown and onto bigger and brighter things!" Esperanta admired the photos. "They do grow very fast, don't they? So Maho looking to go into business, so what about Miho, she going to stay in the military long term or she has plans for when she's finished with her conscription? I served in the military myself for my conscription for the Empire, I really did think about staying in the navy long term until I met my husband until I got pregnant with my daughter then I decided I had my fill and went into Government instead."

Marcella and Gisella Villa

"Oh, it's okay, I was just a little kid so the stories that went around just got to me is all. Well so did Marcella's teasing."

"Hehe even I have a bit of a wicked side to me."

Gisella just giggled that away. "Oh yes I am studying for the role of a Priestess but not only that sis is looking to install me as the next Duchess of Aurora. You see right now Sis holds both titles, Duchess of the UIS and of Aurora but she thinks I'd make a good fit and I could do both being a ranking Priestess. I worship both Goddesses equally, balances of day and night are important so I feel the Goddess of Light and Dark matter. Sis is balanced too, our mother is more of the light so she's more Madokami. Now our great-great-great Grandmother Tamura The Great well she was a bit more embracing of Houmkami the Darkness which given her wicked violent streak I guess it's no surprise."

"Gisella, easy does it, don't overload them with so much information so quickly." Marcella gently reminded

"Oh, yes sis."
Last edited by Kuronami on Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Polish Prussian Commonwealth » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:45 pm

Kuronami wrote:
"Strange. They seemed kind of tense." Izetta noticed.

"Mmm maybe." Fine responded just as curious but oh well nothing too out of the ordinary seemed there.

With the two on different sides of the ballroom now. The Lord of Clarines Izana couldn't help but notice the strange bunch and well being closest to Erika he approached her. "Milady, good evening." He bid to her. A married man but always cordial with the ladies.

The Prince meanwhile on the other side of the room was also approached not by one of the nobles of the domain but an aristocrat nonetheless. Sirin Canno a blonde vixen wealthy heiress to a major textiles manufacturing company in Kuronami. At the mere age of 25 she was given the keys to the company. Well she didn't really run the day to day as much that was what the board of directors was for but she did get to reap the benefits. This was a party for high society after all. "Oh, evenin' to you, sir." She said to him. "I don't suppose you're also trying to keep out of the crowds as well. I don't know why I often come to these parties, I just never like this many people crammed into one little place."

Erika
Erika visibly cringed when Izana said 'Mi'lady'.
"Don't feckin' call me that, please." she replied, before offering her hand for a handshake. "The name's Erika. Good t'ah meet you, Sir...?"

Berengar
Berengar nodded. "Evenin', miss." he replied, tipping his Rogatywka as he replied. "I've seen worse, to be honest."
He shuddered as he recalled the old MRAP. It was a tight, crammed thing, with barely enough room for an 8-man squad and prone to rollovers as well. But it could survive a mine blast, which made it far superior to the old Humvees he was originally assigned to.
He shook his head, as if shaking off these thoughts. "Excuse me miss, what's your name?"
Last edited by Polish Prussian Commonwealth on Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:42 pm

Kuronami wrote:Carpathia and Magdalene

"Wow really? Yeah I'd love that, thank you!"

"Uuuh please excuse me a moment" Carpathia curtsied and excused herself leaving just Maggie. Carpathia was on a mission at this moment time to put the love birds together she went off to find the Duchess.

Amaterasu Daidouji

"Oh hobbies huh? Yes I do enjoy a few things in my spare time. Mostly swords. My father and grandfather, I take after them the most you see, they taught me everything from fighting to forging. Well I'll admit I never got the forging down but my fighting isn't bad. I also have amassed a collection of various types from around the world but mostly from the early history of our domain. I also have taken up flower arrangement, a skill my mother taught me. Many would think I'm far to intense for something like that but I find it relaxing."

[...]

I nodded in Carpathia's direction as she vanished. "See ya."
Then I turned back to Magdalene, smiling - unaware of what Maggie was up to.
"Then I only need a piece and...", I began as a hand held a small notepad and a pencil next to me. The hand belonged to my grinning father. I took it with a small bow. "One disadvantage of dresses when compared to a Geansai is, that I have no excuse to wear a utility belt."
With a smile, I wrote down an address, which looked as if it did not belong to a Princess of the Ilkhanate of Utica at all. Or to another royal.
In fact, the person it was sent to was a Rashid Tumih, living in Utica, yes, but at a house and street, which could not be associated with Kyrenaian Royalty.
"Trust me. It's her.", I said, as I gave Magdalene the piece.

Khana Amina bint-Karim.
I nodded.
"Swords... I must admit, that my experience with them is rather limited.", I said a bit sheepish, but I did file that one for future reference - one never knew, when one had to give a gift and a sword from a Kyrenaian Blacksmith was not something everyone owned. "But flower arrangement, gardening and the language of flowers in particular is something very fun. And varies from culture to culture." I let a beat pass. "Sometimes drastically."
I smiled at a particular memory.
RPing in MT and PT.

Astares Amauricanum
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Astares Amauricanum » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:30 am

Esperanta Putino

"Oh look at that, all grown and onto bigger and brighter things!" Esperanta admired the photos. "They do grow very fast, don't they? So Maho looking to go into business, so what about Miho, she going to stay in the military long term or she has plans for when she's finished with her conscription? I served in the military myself for my conscription for the Empire, I really did think about staying in the navy long term until I met my husband until I got pregnant with my daughter then I decided I had my fill and went into Government instead."

"Oh, it's okay, I was just a little kid so the stories that went around just got to me is all. Well so did Marcella's teasing."

"Hehe even I have a bit of a wicked side to me."

Gisella just giggled that away. "Oh yes I am studying for the role of a Priestess but not only that sis is looking to install me as the next Duchess of Aurora. You see right now Sis holds both titles, Duchess of the UIS and of Aurora but she thinks I'd make a good fit and I could do both being a ranking Priestess. I worship both Goddesses equally, balances of day and night are important so I feel the Goddess of Light and Dark matter. Sis is balanced too, our mother is more of the light so she's more Madokami. Now our great-great-great Grandmother Tamura The Great well she was a bit more embracing of Houmkami the Darkness which given her wicked violent streak I guess it's no surprise."

"Gisella, easy does it, don't overload them with so much information so quickly." Marcella gently reminded

"Oh, yes sis."

Regis and Shiho Blachkor
"Indeed, they grow pretty fast, replies Shiho with a wide smile, and a look of nostalgia in her eyes. I'm glad my husband and I didn't miss any important moments with them. Their first steps, their first birthdays...
-As for Miho, she does not know what she wants to do so far with her future. She has a sensible side, so we think she could make a perfect doctor, but we'll let her choose when she ends her service."

Adrean and Anna Blachkor

Like Gisella, Anna giggles a bit as well at the Duchess's joke.
"So, both a Priestess and Duchess of Aurora? asks the Empress with a smile. That is a good idea Duchess, she adds to Marcella, it might get some work off your back, I can imagine.
-Before I forget Duchess, continues her husband, since we can be considered "neighors" of sorts, we would like to invite you for a state visit, so thtat we know to learn about each other better. Would you accept that?"
Embassy Program
I don't use NS stats

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Postby New Visayan Islands » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:58 am

Allison Sanchez
Royal Palace

"Leon's a STEM-oriented student; he's starting Grade 12 on July 6th, but he's been going to school since May, taking up the CAT Officer Cadet Course. By the 26th, I'll know how he progressed," Allison said. The military aspect of CAT--Citizenship Advancement Training--was available to students from Grade 11; student cadets who entered at Grade 11 were eligible for the six-week Officer Cadet Course, which in all but one campus under the DHSHSS was overseen by the Army (DHSHSS Lapu-Lapu's CAT program was overseen by the Navy; the campus was home to the Maritime Strand of the system). "He wants to become a doctor after graduating from high school. Samantha, on the other hand, starts Grade 9 on July 6th, and she's taken quite the interest in accounting; my husband, Marvin, keeps joking about Sammy following my example as an accountant.
"Anyway, you're right when you say that the children grow quite fast, Your Imperial Astarian Highness. My two children were very lively as kids, and Marvin and I made it a point for at least one of us to accompany them during their checkups."

The Gristolian Imperium
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Gristolian Imperium » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:55 am

Kuronami wrote:Hyeon-Mi Il daughter of Joon-Silk Il. Hang-Gang Domain, the smaller of Kuronami's provinces she found herself at the table too noticing another lady by her with a glass of champagne, well to be expected it was good stuff but she had another idea. "Hey, try the sweet buns. I don't know they do it here, but they really know how to make them very good." She gestured right at the various sweets that sat on the table

"Hm," Emily responded, caught off guard by the women's suggestion. "Oh, well I guess they do look good." Grabbing one of the bite-sized sweet buns, she took a bite. While definitively soft and chewy, the Empress was never a big fan of sweet foods. While her cousins would fight over chocolates and truffles when she was younger, she preferred to eat salads or fresh fruit.

Regardless, trying to not come off rude, she commented, "They are good. Thank you for the recommendation. Though, from what you said, do they make sweet buns better from where you are from?"

Kuronami
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:23 am

Polish Prussian Commonwealth wrote:Erika
Erika visibly cringed when Izana said 'Mi'lady'.
"Don't feckin' call me that, please." she replied, before offering her hand for a handshake. "The name's Erika. Good t'ah meet you, Sir...?"

Berengar
Berengar nodded. "Evenin', miss." he replied, tipping his Rogatywka as he replied. "I've seen worse, to be honest."
He shuddered as he recalled the old MRAP. It was a tight, crammed thing, with barely enough room for an 8-man squad and prone to rollovers as well. But it could survive a mine blast, which made it far superior to the old Humvees he was originally assigned to.
He shook his head, as if shaking off these thoughts. "Excuse me miss, what's your name?"

Izana Wisteria

"Aha begging your pardon then, Erika." He course corrected and taking the lady's hand in for an easy shake. "Izana Wisteria. Good to meet you, Erika. You came with someone but seems you two are apart? Well I guess it's not my place to but in, I just wanted to make sure everything was okay. "

Sirin Canno

"Sirin Canno is my name. Good to meet you," she paused to get his name. "A fine pleasure."

I nodded in Carpathia's direction as she vanished. "See ya."
Then I turned back to Magdalene, smiling - unaware of what Maggie was up to.
"Then I only need a piece and...", I began as a hand held a small notepad and a pencil next to me. The hand belonged to my grinning father. I took it with a small bow. "One disadvantage of dresses when compared to a Geansai is, that I have no excuse to wear a utility belt."
With a smile, I wrote down an address, which looked as if it did not belong to a Princess of the Ilkhanate of Utica at all. Or to another royal.
In fact, the person it was sent to was a Rashid Tumih, living in Utica, yes, but at a house and street, which could not be associated with Kyrenaian Royalty.
"Trust me. It's her.", I said, as I gave Magdalene the piece.

Khana Amina bint-Karim.
I nodded.
"Swords... I must admit, that my experience with them is rather limited.", I said a bit sheepish, but I did file that one for future reference - one never knew, when one had to give a gift and a sword from a Kyrenaian Blacksmith was not something everyone owned. "But flower arrangement, gardening and the language of flowers in particular is something very fun. And varies from culture to culture." I let a beat pass. "Sometimes drastically."

Magdalene

"Oh I know the feeling about lack of pockets or belts when it's needed. Thanks so much for this. I don't think I have any way to repay this favor here, I really owe you big time!"

Amaterasu Daidouji

"It's fine, the art of swords is an old world practice as my father described it. Not as many folks have a need for it in this day and age but I find it rigorous, disciplined and rewarding at the same time. But it does sound you too know about the art of floral arrangement. I agree it's fun and fun to see how every person arranges their little work of art."

"Indeed, they grow pretty fast, replies Shiho with a wide smile, and a look of nostalgia in her eyes. I'm glad my husband and I didn't miss any important moments with them. Their first steps, their first birthdays...
-As for Miho, she does not know what she wants to do so far with her future. She has a sensible side, so we think she could make a perfect doctor, but we'll let her choose when she ends her service."

Adrean and Anna Blachkor
Like Gisella, Anna giggles a bit as well at the Duchess's joke.
"So, both a Priestess and Duchess of Aurora? asks the Empress with a smile. That is a good idea Duchess, she adds to Marcella, it might get some work off your back, I can imagine.
-Before I forget Duchess, continues her husband, since we can be considered "neighors" of sorts, we would like to invite you for a state visit, so thtat we know to learn about each other better. Would you accept that?"

New Visayan Islands wrote:"Leon's a STEM-oriented student; he's starting Grade 12 on July 6th, but he's been going to school since May, taking up the CAT Officer Cadet Course. By the 26th, I'll know how he progressed," Allison said. The military aspect of CAT--Citizenship Advancement Training--was available to students from Grade 11; student cadets who entered at Grade 11 were eligible for the six-week Officer Cadet Course, which in all but one campus under the DHSHSS was overseen by the Army (DHSHSS Lapu-Lapu's CAT program was overseen by the Navy; the campus was home to the Maritime Strand of the system). "He wants to become a doctor after graduating from high school. Samantha, on the other hand, starts Grade 9 on July 6th, and she's taken quite the interest in accounting; my husband, Marvin, keeps joking about Sammy following my example as an accountant.
"Anyway, you're right when you say that the children grow quite fast, Your Imperial Astarian Highness. My two children were very lively as kids, and Marvin and I made it a point for at least one of us to accompany them during their checkups."

Esperanta Putino

"Oh a doctor huh? Good profession to go into, I don't doubt. Accounting sounds like a solid route to take but there's time enough to decided. I feel the same when it comes to my little one." She nodded "I was offered a chance to The National Assembly but I didn't want to leave Mazomba and my daughter behind or other members of my family. I mean Caloris is a fine city but the cold is not something I like. Staying behind just felt like the best idea and it payed off now I'm Governor."

"I agree. I don't know how my ancestors did it before me. Well my ancestors didn't have to manage as many islands this is true but mama had to. Of course with the population growing since the end of the war it's become more. And Gisella has strong aptitude. Even if she's a little goofy."

"Aah sis" Gisella took cube of fruit to nosh on. Always teasing. "But that's exactly right!"

"Yes, I'd really love to do a State Visit." Before Marcella could set anything else up, Carpathia interrupted. "Begging your pardon, Duchess, would you mind coming with me just a moment?"

"Oh well, sure. Uuh Gisella can wait here?"

"She'll be fine, I just need you."

"Okay. Uuh yes. Anyway state visit, if I don't get it set tonight get in touch with Noir she'll get it arranged." Before too long Carpathia had her dragged by the arm lead across the floor over to The Princess Aurelia. A gentle tap to her shoulder to get her to turn around and she'd see the love of her life, Marcella standing behind her.

The Gristolian Imperium wrote:"Hm," Emily responded, caught off guard by the women's suggestion. "Oh, well I guess they do look good." Grabbing one of the bite-sized sweet buns, she took a bite. While definitively soft and chewy, the Empress was never a big fan of sweet foods. While her cousins would fight over chocolates and truffles when she was younger, she preferred to eat salads or fresh fruit.

Regardless, trying to not come off rude, she commented, "They are good. Thank you for the recommendation. Though, from what you said, do they make sweet buns better from where you are from?"

"You're welcome. Well as I said, I don't know the kitchen staff here do it but they do it. But they do pick out the best produce as well. Well everything's good I just need to not make a pig of myself tonight."
Last edited by Kuronami on Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Astares Amauricanum
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Astares Amauricanum » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:04 am

Esperanta Putino

"Oh a doctor huh? Good profession to go into, I don't doubt. Accounting sounds like a solid route to take but there's time enough to decided. I feel the same when it comes to my little one." She nodded "I was offered a chance to The National Assembly but I didn't want to leave Mazomba and my daughter behind or other members of my family. I mean Caloris is a fine city but the cold is not something I like. Staying behind just felt like the best idea and it payed off now I'm Governor."

"I agree. I don't know how my ancestors did it before me. Well my ancestors didn't have to manage as many islands this is true but mama had to. Of course with the population growing since the end of the war it's become more. And Gisella has strong aptitude. Even if she's a little goofy."

"Aah sis" Gisella took cube of fruit to nosh on. Always teasing. "But that's exactly right!"

"Yes, I'd really love to do a State Visit." Before Marcella could set anything else up, Carpathia interrupted. "Begging your pardon, Duchess, would you mind coming with me just a moment?"

"Okay. Uuh yes. Anyway state visit, if I don't get it set tonight get in touch with Noir she'll get it arranged." Before too long Carpathia had her dragged by the arm lead across the floor over to The Princess Aurelia. A gentle tap to her shoulder to get her to turn around and she'd see the love of her life, Marcella standing behind her.

Allison Sanchez
Royal Palace

"Leon's a STEM-oriented student; he's starting Grade 12 on July 6th, but he's been going to school since May, taking up the CAT Officer Cadet Course. By the 26th, I'll know how he progressed," Allison said. The military aspect of CAT--Citizenship Advancement Training--was available to students from Grade 11; student cadets who entered at Grade 11 were eligible for the six-week Officer Cadet Course, which in all but one campus under the DHSHSS was overseen by the Army (DHSHSS Lapu-Lapu's CAT program was overseen by the Navy; the campus was home to the Maritime Strand of the system). "He wants to become a doctor after graduating from high school. Samantha, on the other hand, starts Grade 9 on July 6th, and she's taken quite the interest in accounting; my husband, Marvin, keeps joking about Sammy following my example as an accountant.

Regis and Shiho Blachkor
"Well, glad to know we all had lively kids, replies Regis to Esperanta and Allison. Although Miss Sanchez, pardon my surprise, but in the Empire we're not used to have children starting career studies that early. Nor in Japan where we live. But you're right, being there for your kids is a key factor of being a good parent. I wonder myself whe my nephew will have a little bugger, adds the Prince with a small chuckle.

Adrean and Anna Blachkor
The Emperor and Empress can't help but chuckle at Marcella's constant teasing about her sister. They are so cute together, thinks the Imperial Couple.
However, before they can continue the conversation, they are interrupted by a woman who they recognize as one of Empres Ortifne's sisters.
"We shall do that then, have a good evening Duchess, says Adrean to Marcella as she is dragged away.
-Who do you think she's going to see? asks the Empress with a raised eyebrow.
-Aurelia most likely, remember she's here as well, replies the Emperor, before turning back to Gisella. Anyway Princess, he continues as he leans closer, speaking in a hushed tone, since you have experience with your nations religious beliefs, I would like to ask you about something a bit special. To put it lightly, my wife ans I, aside from being monarchs, are also involved in... shaddy operations so to speak, to protect the Empire. During these,I committed what some people may deem cruel deeds. I would like to know how it would be considered in your religion. Do doing bad deeds myself, even for the security of my country, makes me something akin to a Witch? Or is it something that can be considered forgivable by Madoka's light?"
As he asks that, Anna has gotten away for a minute, soon coming back with three chairs, offering one for Gisella to sit on.
Embassy Program
I don't use NS stats

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:41 am

Kuronami wrote:[...]

Magdalene

"Oh I know the feeling about lack of pockets or belts when it's needed. Thanks so much for this. I don't think I have any way to repay this favor here, I really owe you big time!"

Amaterasu Daidouji

"It's fine, the art of swords is an old world practice as my father described it. Not as many folks have a need for it in this day and age but I find it rigorous, disciplined and rewarding at the same time. But it does sound you too know about the art of floral arrangement. I agree it's fun and fun to see how every person arranges their little work of art."

[...]

[...]

I waved a hand.
"Oh, it's no problem.", I said - very sure, that Magdalene would use the address with responsibility and diligence and not sent it to the next yellow press news paper. Happened before, didn't need to happen again... I was still sure, that Magdalene wouldn't do such a thing. "You owe me nothing for..."
That was, when someone gently tapped my shoulder.
I could hear Dad's grin as I turned around and came face to face with Marcella and... by the Gods, hers and mine, she was just as beautiful, if not more beautiful, then I remembered her.
And I remembered her well.
My mouth was slightly agape, no sound coming out as it moved - and then I decided to fuck it all, wrapped my arms around her neck and pulled her close, bringing my lips softly onto hers.
They say, that gestures say more then words... well, this gesture would certainly say a lot. It would say, how much I loved Marcella, how much I missed her, how happy I was to see her again...
Dimly, almost drowned out by the sound of my own blood rushing through my veins, and by my heart pounding like a jackhammer, I heard Dad say: "Hello, Marcella."

Khana Amina bint-Karim.
"Indeed, I do have a bit of experience in that.", I said, "Flower-Arrangment on Garden-Scale is a bit difficult in Oea, so we developed a few interesting techniques along the way, especially when it comes to efficient watering." And there we were back at the climate. "An old Kyrenaian proverb says, that a beautiful rose garden is the crowning adornment of any palace - I certainly believe, that mine is beautiful, even if it is a bit small."

Ida Findehoof.
Okay, where to start?
I'm Ida. 26 Springs, 1.93 meters tall, a Teressian woman from a good house, raised in the Free Lands. My blonde hair was bound into a braid, which hung down my back, my grey-blue eyes shining as I surveyed the surroundings. True to Teressian Form, I wore Tracht, the traditional costume of my people, with the apron's knot on the right - those, who knew this subtle language knew, that this meant, that I was not a single anymore, had a boyfriend.
His name was Berengar.
I met him during a ball last year, by coincidence, and we hit off well.
The man, who I had arms linked with, was not Berengar.
He was Adalrich von Ehrenback, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Teressien and my Dad's boss - and, the Gods willing, mine, too. He was actually married to Oda von Ehrenback, a woman I knew as Tante Oda, but Tante Oda had broken her ankle a week ago. She would survive, but she could not participate in any balls any time soon.
So, Onkel Adalrich had asked around, if anyone had interest in attending the Winter Ball with him, a tall, sixty year old and very serious man, who was dressed in a dark Drachtenanzug, the male traditional costume. Since I had recently graduated in Philosophy at the UoF and since I waited for my course in being a diplomat to begin, I had volunteered and here I was, linked to him and expected to dance at least one dance.
And despite calling them aunt and uncle, I was not related to either of them.
I knew them since I was a child.
I did not know the third person in our group for nearly as long: Baronin Wilrun von Port Monee, a beautiful, blonde woman with blue eyes, who wore a red dress with an open back and very long gloves, was a Baroness of Teressien, and despite being the ruler of a rather small territory, she was a powerful woman. And she had a liking for what was known as Soireediplomatie, diplomacy done at evening gatherings, and was generally a social butterfly.
Albeit a few minutes late from the start, we were still fashionably late and not simply late, and with Adalrich in the middle, my arm linked to his loosely, and Wilrun to my far side, we entered.
RPing in MT and PT.

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Postby New Visayan Islands » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:04 am

Allison Sanchez
Royal Palace

"I understand the surprise," Allison said. "The education reforms of 1995, often referred to as the Ramos-Sy reforms, saw drastic changes to how secondary education was carried out in the Confederation. For starters, we shifted from a K-10 to a K-12 curriculum, with high school split into two grades: Junior High School, which spans Grades 7 to 10; and Senior High School, which covers Grades 11 and 12. I had barely missed out on the reforms--High School '95 under the old system, which made me part of the last batch of the pre-reform year.
"Pity I couldn't come with other Visayan dignitaries; at the time the Confederation received the invite, we were still facing the quarantine." Allison added. Turning to Esperanta, she continued: "Providence does provide, if I may say so. To think that your desire not to leave your family for a stint at the National Assembly ultimately led you to becoming Governor-General." Here Allison smiled.

The Gristolian Imperium
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Gristolian Imperium » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:24 pm

Kuronami wrote:"You're welcome. Well as I said, I don't know the kitchen staff here do it but they do it. But they do pick out the best produce as well. Well everything's good I just need to not make a pig of myself tonight."

"My father always joked that he feared a buffet table at a Ball more than an assassin's blade." A grin appeared on the face of the Empress as she thought of her father. He was always saying funny one-liners and, when she was a kid, she assumed that was just to make her laugh. Little did she know, all these years later, that he was slowly preparing her for public life. Returning from her reflection, she continued, "But, where are my manners?" Turning towards the stranger and giving a slight bow, Emily announced, "I am Emily the Second, Empress of the Gristolian Imperium and Queen of Gristol. Who do I have the pleasure of speaking with today?"

Rivienland
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rivienland » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:14 pm

Willem-Constantijn, Hereditary Grand Duke of Rivienland
Royal Palace of Caloris, Kuronami

An Excerpt from His Royal Highness' Journal
20 June 2020

As I grown nearer to Caloris, my heart swells in sorrow for the homeland I miss. My homeland. My family, who for generations, have shepherded our people into a time of peace, piety and prosperity. I find it such a tragedy that, though the world is filled with such wonders and adventures, that one must venture so far from the nest. It is during times like these I wonder how different I am, because, unlike my cousins who are ready to run across the world to other countries, I never have had any feelings of wanderlust. I love my family, my home and my people. Though, at the behest of my father, I understand I must travel now before it is too late. The Empire of Kuronami, as I have heard by family and friends, is a place of beauty and culture. While I know I must keep faith that my journey here will be valuable and fruitful, I pray to be home sooner than later.

As he entered the large ballroom, he noticed it filled to the brim with all sort of figures from high society, surely from Kuronami and abroad. While the young man was in no opposition to the social scene, appearing in foreign courts always made him nervous. Immediately, Willy had memories of when he visited his grandmother and grandfather, while he was King of some distant country, and the other young boys made fun of him for his accent. "A foreign court can be just as bad as a pit of vipers," my mother always said. There was no doubt, coming from a different country, she did not face many difficulties: the language, the food, the customs, etc. Still, as my father always like to counter, my mother eventually adapted, and the appearance in a foreign court can also become a wonderful opportunity.

Focusing on the situation in front of him, Willy noticed he was now approaching the Empress, who was now welcoming guests. Notcing the Empress in her military uniform, he himself was also styled in military dress, specifically his 19th century-styled cavalry dress uniform. In contrast to the gold and naval blue design, Willy's slick back, brown hair and medium-length brown beard stood out. Standing before the Empress of Kuronami and her entourage, he bowed and said, "Your Imperial Majesty, may I say, on behalf of my family, the House of Van Riviendorp, and all of Rivienland, that it is an honor and a pleasure to be invited to your annual Winter Ball. We wish you, your family and subjects a healthy and joyous Winter Season."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates