NATION

PASSWORD

St. Peadrus MacCallion Exchange Program REBOOTED (IC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Diahon
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:26 am

Lux Pulchrae wrote:"Scusa!" she called out to him but to no avail. She then walked up to him and tapped him on the shoulder "Scusa boy. What were you doing in that room?" ignorant of him being a student. Maybe he's just one of the guest's kids.

"Uwa?" Ajay turned around to see who was tapping his shoulder, taking care to remove an earbud, and saw a quite small girl dressed in what must have been the school uniform, judging from the fabric -- not wiry thin, not really Goldilocks right either, yet somehow fìtting given her height -- looking inquiringly at him, as if the last few words he caught upon ("... doing in that room?") weren't clue enough.

Behind her was another girl emerging out of the room next to theirs, dressed in the same outfit and looking at him with the same intensity.

"Uwa! So you must be one of the exchange students!" Ajay finally let out, all breathless pearly-white smiles. "Ajay Nath Thakur, from Moscareinas. Or Dahon -- long story, but in short, I'm a dual citizen -- also an exchange student, like you and the girl behind you. Just arrived, actually, with a friend; we're to occupy Room 306, but our roommate must be elsewhere right now, but still which must mean you and your roommate --" -- he gestured to the girl he was talking to, his voice raising a pitch as he did so -- "-- and us are neighbors!"

"So," Ajay continued, managing to just about contain his giddiness even as he extended a hand towards the girl, "let's get off to a good start and be friends! You must be...?"
Last edited by Diahon on Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:23 am

Diahon wrote:
"Uwa?" Ajay turned around to see who was tapping his shoulder, taking care to remove an earbud, and saw a quite small girl dressed in what must have been the school uniform, judging from the fabric -- not wiry thin, not really Goldilocks right either, yet somehow fìtting given her height -- looking inquiringly at him, as if the last few words he caught upon ("... doing in that room?") weren't clue enough.

Behind her was another girl emerging out of the room next to theirs, dressed in the same outfit and looking at him with the same intensity.

"Uwa! So you must be one of the exchange students!" Ajay finally let out, all breathless pearly-white smiles. "Ajay Nath Thakur, from Moscareinas. Or Dahon -- long story, but in short, I'm a dual citizen -- also an exchange student, like you and the girl behind you. Just arrived, actually, with a friend; we're to occupy Room 306, but our roommate must be elsewhere right now, but still which must mean you and your roommate --" -- he gestured to the girl he was talking to, his voice raising a pitch as he did so -- "-- and us are neighbors!"

"So," Ajay continued, managing to just about contain his giddiness even as he extended a hand towards the girl, "let's get off to a good start and be friends! You must be...?"

"Ludoviga Arditi...from Lux Pulchrae. And that's Siobhán." she responded, though reluctant to do so. This boy was so eager, it was almost worrying, she wasn't used to someone like this. Seeing his extended hand, she would rather wave "Maybe press the brakes on that friendship a bit Mosca. Although it's a pleasure and I'm sure you're a nice person, but I just wanted to tell you to be careful in that room. My brother is there as well, I'm sure he will be..glad to know he has roommates." Ludoviga started to smile at the last bit, waving the boy goodbye as she headed downstairs.

Diahon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:53 pm

Lux Pulchrae wrote:
Diahon wrote:

"Ludoviga Arditi...from Lux Pulchrae. And that's Siobhán." she responded, though reluctant to do so. This boy was so eager, it was almost worrying, she wasn't used to someone like this. Seeing his extended hand, she would rather wave "Maybe press the brakes on that friendship a bit Mosca. Although it's a pleasure and I'm sure you're a nice person, but I just wanted to tell you to be careful in that room. My brother is there as well, I'm sure he will be..glad to know he has roommates." Ludoviga started to smile at the last bit, waving the boy goodbye as she headed downstairs.

Seeing Ludoviga's and... Chévannne's? he was sure he got that wrong, but... forms slowly retreat only served to raise Ajay's internal enthusiasm, not curb it at all, despite everything the girl said.

"Wait!" Ajay yelped, running, almost bounding towards them. "You're going where the other students are, right?! Let me join you! We can chat along the way!"

Trumpisslavia
Envoy

Founded: Feb 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Trumpisslavia » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:18 pm

Diahon wrote:Seeing Ludoviga's and... Chévannne's? he was sure he got that wrong, but... forms slowly retreat only served to raise Ajay's internal enthusiasm, not curb it at all, despite everything the girl said.

"Wait!" Ajay yelped, running, almost bounding towards them. "You're going where the other students are, right?! Let me join you! We can chat along the way!"

"Skin off my back," Stephen said to no one in particular as he got up from his crouch, next to the slightly opened door of their room. He had been listening intently the whole time, in part curious as to how other roommates would handle Ajay's seemingly boundless exuberance. He pitied the girl who called herself Ludoviga, in particular: from what he could see and hear from their conversation, she looked like a deer in the headlights before Ajay.

Not surprising, to him: he felt much like that, himself, at first, and it took a bit of mental gymnastics to convince himself that the four-eyed Moscan was not a hostile.

Not that he wasn't curious to know who his other schoolmates were, in particular the brother Ludoviga warned Ajay about; if nothing else, he wanted to see whether he lived up to his sister's hype, and if he did -- and he had the feeling Ajay will know the hype himself sooner than latter -- the better to be correct around him.

But there were three things he needed to do first: 1) freshen up himself; 2) unload his things and put them in the appropriate places around the room; and 3) force his head to stop doing... that... again.

Especially now that it has moved up a name.

... Siobhán, feminine of Seán, earlier Sibán, all Irish adaptations of Anglo-Norman Jehanne or more rarely Jehane, a variation of Middle French Jehan, from Latin Iohannes, itself an alternative of Iōannēs, from ancient Greek Ἰωάννης, a contraction of Aramaic and ultimately biblical Hebrew יוחנן...

... annoying, really fucking annoying, but once set off, it was hard to stop.

Would a truly gracious God, his dad's God, perhaps have thought of giving him a better coping mechanism than this... mental memento mori.
Last edited by Trumpisslavia on Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Donald D. Dwarf. Roy Joseph Moore. Miller Dwarf.
Maggie Simpson.
All dead.
Long live the United States
however short its life will be.

Call this nation the "United States". Not "America". not "Trumpisslavia". Just "United States".

Folaisia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Folaisia » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:22 am

7:35 AM
Gallagher-Blair Hostel

"Alright, looks like we're done here," Saoirse indicated, "Let's head outside and see if the bus has arrived yet."

Saoirse, Alpin and Ciorstan ambled through the lobby, and opening the door, the bus was nowhere to be sighted at first. Free time being palpable, they relaxed their postures and talked to themselves.

"Well, here comes the first day," Alpin said with a discomforted chuckle.

"You said it. With this batch of exchange students, the school's gonna get as wild as my university graduation party. I could still picture my fluggered1 friends fighting with my more sober and radged friends whenever I think of them," Saorise sighed and trembled.

"Oh, yeah. That was bad. Well, we can only hope that the students don't cause a riot because of them," Ciorstan replied, "And we better pray that Mr. MacIntosh doesn't blow another thousand veins over them."

"God, I'd hate to be there to witness that," Alpin acknowledged.

7:45 AM

A bus painted in black and white arrived on the front driveway, illuminating the logo and name of the school in pristine condition. With an assuring deep breath, Saorise insisted to Alpin that he call out students that are not present in the lobby to head down.

After the exchange students took their seats, the bus hissed upwards and the doors closed. Soon after, the view of the hostel gradually faded from their eyes.

7:51 AM
Front Gate, St. Peadrus MacCallion High School

Stopping at a sidewalk from a block (OOC: left block in above picture; also the sky is clear) of suburban houses across the school, the bus hissed downwards and the doors swung opened. After the chaperones headed out, the students crossed the threshold into a new air and environment.

The school possesses a well-mixed style of modern buildings placed in front of those as old as the 19th century. Certainly, this has gotten the appeal of students whether eager or unwilling to attend to school; even more so, tourists, who would stop by to take numerous pictures. St. Peadrus retains a unique and mollifying charm from its aesthetics, and it never stops to induce admiration and amazement at an ordinary passer-by at first glance.

8:00 AM
Shinty Field

(OOC: Just pretend there are white folding chairs arranged here)

The shinty field was decorated in rows of white chairs. With how they're arranged, it seems, from above, that a gloomy and dark rainbow had formed in a clear sky. Sounds of conversation resonated throughout, the vibe of leisure and vacation still tangible to their minds.

At the center stairwell of the bleachers facing the old MacNeil-Duncan-Bardon Hall, Ludovic presented himself in a formal manner with his school uniform mixed in with a highland dress displaying his clan tartan. Behind him was Catherine Lewis, of whom played the snare drum that gave the song a sort of military march. Along with her hair tied to a bun to fit in with the highland attire, her tartan presented itself as green, black and yellow, signifying her home clan of Clephane of Talochlain. As he stood with a stern visage, he held his bagpipe and waited for the cue to play. With the call of "let's go, laddie" from Father Alexander MacCullough and a wink from Catherine, Ludovic clicked and raised his instrument, and from a drone came the tune of the song Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing that reverberated throughout the field.

After the short procession, Father Alexander faced the crowd, already standing.

"In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit," he then pronounced as he did the Catholic signatory gesture, to which every one followed, "The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all."

"And with your spirit," the crowd responded.

8:50 AM
Gymnasium

After Mass was said and done at 8:45 AM, the students dispersed, with freshman required to pick up their chairs. Aware of first period being Physical Education, the exchange students along with several regulars went over to the locker rooms of their respective genders and changed into their required class uniforms. After they were done, the walked inside the basketball court where two teachers await their assembly.

1. Folaisian slang word for "Drunk"
Last edited by Folaisia on Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.
The Scottish kingdom in North America.

Other Nations: Avraland | Belesta | Joyonghea | Quen Minh

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:30 pm

Diahon wrote:Seeing Ludoviga's and... Chévannne's? he was sure he got that wrong, but... forms slowly retreat only served to raise Ajay's internal enthusiasm, not curb it at all, despite everything the girl said.

"I'm not in the chatting mood, sorry. As early as it is, it has been a long day for me." Ludoviga said, internally face-palming. She didn't want to be rude or seen as mean, especially to someone she had just met, but what she said was true. It was too early and she was not ready to handle this boy's energy. And if she couldn't, she knows Rocco definitely wouldn't.

Descending to the lobby, the students were finally being called to board the buses to school. "Finally. she thought. Excusing herself from Ajay and Siobhán, Ludoviga went to where Rocco was seated where he was keeping an eye on her bag. Walking up behind him, she put her arm around his neck and shouted "Assalto!

Ever calm, Rocco simply let her have her fun "What do you want?"

Smiling, Ludoviga leaned into his ear "You have a roommate."

Removing his sister's arm, he looked back at her "No fucking way. Who?"

Not saying a word, she took her bag and left to go back into the lobby. Rocco groaned and sat for an extra minute or two before starting to walk to the buses.

Folaisia wrote:7:35 AM
Gallagher-Blair Hostel

8:00 AM
Shinty Field

(Image)
(OOC: Just pretend there are white folding chairs arranged here)

The shinty field was decorated in rows of white chairs. With how they're arranged, it seems, from above, that a gloomy and dark rainbow had formed in a clear sky. Sounds of conversation resonated throughout, the vibe of leisure and vacation still tangible to their minds.

At the center stairwell of the bleachers facing the old MacNeil-Duncan-Bardon Hall, Ludovic presented himself in a formal manner with his school uniform mixed in with a highland dress displaying his clan tartan. Behind him was Catherine Lewis, of whom played the snare drum that gave the song a sort of military march. Along with her hair tied to a bun to fit in with the highland attire, her tartan presented itself as green, black and yellow, signifying her home clan of Clephane of Talochlain. As he stood with a stern visage, he held his bagpipe and waited for the cue to play. With the call of "let's go, laddie" from Father Alexander MacCullough and a wink from Catherine, Ludovic clicked and raised his instrument, and from a drone came the tune of the song Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing that reverberated throughout the field.

"In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit," he then pronounced as he did the Catholic signatory gesture, to which every one followed, "The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all."

8:50 AM
Gymnasium

After Mass was said and done at 8:45 AM, the students dispersed, with freshman required to pick up their chairs. Aware of first period being Physical Education, the exchange students along with several regulars went over to the locker rooms of their respective genders and changed into their required class uniforms. After they were done, the walked inside the basketball court where two teachers await their assembly.

1. Folaisian slang word for "Drunk"

8:00
Around 8, the students were led to a field with chairs. Ludoviga and Rocco took seats next to each other. Thinking about where they were supposed to be, and where they are now, Rocco came to a realization, putting on a stoic face. Leaning to his sister, who was fetching something in her bag, he whispered "Don't tell me mass is going to be on some rinky-dink field on party chairs."

"Why yes it is, that is why I am getting this." finally getting what she was looking for, her veil, putting it on. "Remember, we're not home. Maybe they do things differently here."

Hearing the completely foreign instruments, Rocco leaned to his sister once more "Yeah, maybe." he said in a sarcastic tone. Although Ludoviga was more aware of liturgical differences abroad to her reading, she had never experienced it back home. Most if not all dioceses in Lux Pulchrae adhered to Latin rites according to rubrics of 1965 or even older. But Rocco was more uncomfortable, a mass in a language he did not understand with customs not known to him, he kept quiet and did what he was familiar with quietly.

8:50
Done with the mass and off to change into their athletic uniforms. Wanting to inform the teachers of her condition, Ludoviga went to the first one she could find "Excuse me, I don't know if I would need a medical note but I cannot participate in physical activities. I have haemolacria, and if I participate in this, it could cause me to bleed from my eyes, and I wouldn't want to be a burden with that kind of problem."

Diahon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:02 pm

Descending to the lobby, the students were finally being called to board the buses to school. "Finally. she thought. Excusing herself from Ajay and Siobhán, Ludoviga went to where Rocco was seated where he was keeping an eye on her bag. Walking up behind him, she put her arm around his neck and shouted "Assalto!"

That must be her brother, their roommate, huh.

Looking ahead at the direction Ludoviga had gone off to, Ajay could see at some distance from where he and... Cheyenne? no, that was definitely a "v" sound, not a "y"... were standing, a slouching gaunt-faced boy who was looking ahead at the milling crowd of students. Nothing more definite, for he -- they -- were too far away, and besides, there was the bus. Priorities.

But first.

"Hey," Ajay now said to the brunette standing beside him, "I'd like to ask you more about stuff, starting with your name, but we gotta prepare, don't we? Guess I'll do that later! Till later!"

He then ran upstairs and into the direction of Room 306, reaching it in what seemed like mere moments. Such was his energy upon reaching it and turning the doorknob on that the door itself practically exploded before him...

... to reveal a topless Stephen Daldry, reaching for his undershirt, his uniform still neatly folded in the bunk bed, within easy reach.

His expression was still just warmed-over from earlier, but at least it wasn't... whatever that was that overtook his face after that call.

He grinned at the sight -- especially the sight of Stephen's well-toned abs.

So chiseled, in fact, that Ajay could not help but say something in admiration.

Ajay was not exactly a stranger to Catholic masses; even with its original Portuguese settler population much diminished by age, emigration, and below-replacement birthrates, it was still the center of Moscan Catholicism in some of the same ways the Comoros were overwhelmingly Muslim.

But he had only ever heard snippets of a Catholic mass before, during Sundays or on special days, and despite his own religious sympathies (and due to the novelty of a mass being held in an open field -- AND WITH BAGPIPES!!!), he was ever curious to see a Folaisian Catholic mass unfold.

So for the time being, he held back on telling a teacher or some other the facts of his situation.

For now, absorb everything, he resolved.

Ajay was by habit an extremely quick dresser -- he had to be, for he had places to go to and people to see all the time, especially this time -- and admire as he might the sculpted figures of some of the boys in their various states of nakedness (Steppie not included, having made it to the locker room before him), as he tended to do in occasion, there still was the matter of PE coming up. He hustled his way out of one uniform and into another, this one very similar to the PE outfit he wore back in Reuniaõ, only instead of the Moscan tricolor fringing the shoulders and streaming down both arms, a single navy blue line sufficed. (There was the slight inconvenience of wearing shorts that were a little too snug around the groin, even with repeated discreet adjustments, but telling someone else would take too much time, time better spent taking on everything this first day had to offer him.)

Thus done, he raced forth out of the locker room and into the gym the students were earlier told to congregate for PE, a subject he was average in.

Save in one sport.

Volleyball. Hopefully they have that.
Last edited by Diahon on Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Trumpisslavia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Trumpisslavia » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:07 am

He then ran upstairs and into the direction of Room 306, reaching it in what seemed like mere moments. Such was his energy upon reaching it and turning the doorknob on that the door itself practically exploded before him...

... to reveal a topless Stephen Daldry, reaching for his undershirt, his uniform still neatly folded in the bunk bed, within easy reach.

His expression was still just warmed-over from earlier, but at least it wasn't... whatever that was that overtook his face after that call.

He grinned at the sight -- especially the sight of Stephen's well-toned abs.

So chiseled, in fact, that Ajay could not help but say something in admiration.

"Nice abs, Steppie!"

"..."

"?"

"Oh."

Just like that.

An awkward silence ensued.

Still the worst, Stephen thought to himself, the still small voice in his mind churning out etymologies like no one's business, just to really rub it in.

He did not remember what else his roommate said. He did remember the next thing he said: not a figure of expression, not an explanation for his... abs, but a complete sentence, apropos of nothing. It was...

For the first time since arriving in Grangemouth, Stephen Daldry was at peace, both with himself and with the wider world.

But not due to the solemn proceedings being held before the student body of St. Peadrus MacCallion, himself included, irreligious though he was. Not due to some ditty about the divine, something he did not really care for. Not because Ajay beside him had calmed down; the poor kid still seemed barely able to contain his excitement. Not even because that certain part of his brain decided to lay off for now.

Then the old tragedy
Is in store:
New start with new prentice
Just as before.

Thus spake Balstrode, safely nestled deep within his earlobes.

Basketball. Of course it had to be basketball.

Stephen Daldry excelled in many fields, more than he could invest more than he could give a damn about. Basketball was not one of them.

It was not that he was unskilled at the basics -- he knew how to dribble, shoot, pass the ball, basically everything a basketball player was supposed to do.

Only two things really kept him from excelling. One was a matter of height -- he was four feet eight inches with shoes and socks on, shorter than all the girl students he'd seen so far, shorter even than Ajay... who was elsewhere on the court, grinning like an idiot.

The other was that he never really was that much of a team player, a liability in a team sport, a fatal flaw with a boy as short as him.

Stephen simply shrugged his shoulders.

Guess I should talk to a teacher about this, or maybe I should wait? Or...

He scanned around for a familiar face, or failing that, an adult. Not Ajay; he needed an adult to handle that combustible, too.
Last edited by Trumpisslavia on Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Maggie Simpson.
All dead.

Call this nation the "United States". Not "America". not "Trumpisslavia". Just "United States".

Normudria
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Normudria » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:32 am

Diahon wrote:
Descending to the lobby, the students were finally being called to board the buses to school. "Finally. she thought. Excusing herself from Ajay and Siobhán, Ludoviga went to where Rocco was seated where he was keeping an eye on her bag. Walking up behind him, she put her arm around his neck and shouted "Assalto!"

That must be her brother, their roommate, huh.

Looking ahead at the direction Ludoviga had gone off to, Ajay could see at some distance from where he and... Cheyenne? no, that was definitely a "v" sound, not a "y"... were standing, a slouching gaunt-faced boy who was looking ahead at the milling crowd of students. Nothing more definite, for he -- they -- were too far away, and besides, there was the bus. Priorities.

But first.

"Hey," Ajay now said to the brunette standing beside him, "I'd like to ask you more about stuff, starting with your name, but we gotta prepare, don't we? Guess I'll do that later! Till later!"

Siobhán felt strange, having just attended mass in a field. For one, she hadn't even been to a Mass since last Christmas, and it felt very odd to have to pretend that she knew what to say and was the kind of person who went to these things often. In addition, having it in a field was even more uncomfortable. She was used to Mass being in stuffy, grand old churches filled to the brim with people. Those Masses had a sort of warm, cozy atmosphere and a smell like old books that was enough to lull someone like Siobhán to sleep sometimes. Instead, she was outside in the cold morning, sitting in a folding chair, listening to the preacher from far away. What a joke! In her mind, it wasn't the best start to the day, but she hoped things could pick up soon.

And they would, provided first period went as well as promised. Siobhán loved sports, and though she was best at sports that they probably didn't play here, she got excited anyways. The Phys Ed uniform looked a lot similar to her old one at Lorcán Ua Tuathail Academy, just less flashy. Her old P.E. clothes had the Normudric flag on the sleeve instead of bootleg Adidas striping, and the school's crest emblazoned on the chest. Embroidered P.E. shirts—that's how you knew a school had serious old money. After changing, Siobhán left the locker room and walked over to where everyone was lining up and sought out that kid who introduced himself to her as "Ajay." This guy seemed very energetic and happy—something she could use for a change, compared to how everyone else she was associating with had acted this morning. Normally, she'd be a bit put off by the level of bubbly attitude this kid had, but she felt her tired self gaining a bit more energy by some sort of spiritual osmosis just from being around this kid. When she finally found him, she walked up to him and smiled.
"Hey there. Sorry I didn't have a chance to introduce myself earlier. Very rude of me. You're Ajay, right? I'm Siobhán, and I'd love to learn more about you as well."

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:18 pm

((Joint post with Holy Marsh))

Tarin knew that Suuen wasn't always on board with how others chose to handle him, but he was just happy she wasn't making a fight of it. As the pair approached where they had been told to drop him off, he gave her a smile. "So, what sort of day one activity do you think they'll have for you? A ten mile run?" He asked with a wink, easing her into the day as best he could.

"At least I'm good at that," Suuentliok laughed, "Looking at the rest of them...I so hope it's basketball, somehow I think I'll get picked if it is."

"Now talk about a competitive advantage!"

"I'm still surprised you're actually happy with this," she put in, "Has my mother been telling you to act more pet like or something while we're here?"

"I'm just doing as they said to do. It'll be fine. What class do you have after physical?"

"I'll have to check...It's one of the weird ones, music appreciation or creative writing or something like that."

"You can really show the Velstranian creativity," he said as they approached where they were told to be. "I think we're there. Is that one of the administrators?"

"Don't know what it is," she responded, "Looks bureaucratic though so I guess it might be. Want to go say hi?"

Tarin wracked his brain. He hadn't memorized every face and name but he was sure that was school staff, and that he had seen her face in the pamphlet. Rather than have Suuen do it, he reckoned he'd do her the favor of doing it himself. "I will. And you, have fun in class today, okay?" He said as he leaped up and licked her face happily, then landed and started making his way to the school official.
Walking back to join the rest of the students on the field, she hoped and prayed that the school would treat Tarin right, partly because she genuinely wasn't sure if she could control herself should any abuse happen. It was strange: Tarin, who had seemingly no temper had lost his citizenship...she was more than aware however that out of the two of them she was the one who was far more prone to murderous rages: 'murderous' was sadly no exaggeration. Praying such a thing would not be necessary, she headed out to the field for the barbarian religious service.

Velsturmen were quiet about the religion that ruled their lives almost completely, Velstur required no praying or singing or mass gatherings from his faithful followers, following in his example was enough. To move with grace. To oppose tyranny. To hold loyalty to your family and friends. To fight when fighting was required. To create children to swell the ranks for the crusades to come. To play your part in the unending war that Velstrania must always maintain against the dark forces that threatened their freedom.
Almost all Velsturmen were devoted and religious, but Suuentliok was something different. She had been labelled fanatical; so much so that her mother had had to quietly convince her that joining any number of ill-feighted 'crusades' was a bad idea. Knowing that causing a scene was a bad idea however, she kept her peace and spoke when she needed to at the barbarian religious service.

One thing she would point out tomorrow though was the female kit she had been given for PE: she was not however about to change in the female changing room whatever she'd been given. Suuentliok entered the male changing room and, without any sense that she might be causing alarm, got changed both quickly and efficiently before walking to the basketball court they had all been told to meet at.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Les Etats Connuriste
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 31, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Les Etats Connuriste » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:11 am

Mass was not a thing that Emmanuelle liked, not even in the best of circumstances where it was conducted inside, quickly and quietly. No, it just had to be a long and drawn out service, accompanied with the hateful sound of bagpipes, and being outside and bored out of her mind, she very much struggled with the temptation of wanting a cigarette just to pass the time. She understood that it was important to respect people's religions, but that didn't mean that she wanted to subjected to them. Yes, she was a 'Catholic' herself - a term that when applied to Emmanuelle was certainly interpreted loosely - but she felt that one's relationship with God (if any) was something to be done individually rather than as a collective. Of course, if he was supposed to be everywhere and know everything, then she didn't have to say anything aloud for him to know what she thought of him, let alone attend services in groups and listen to songs and stories. In fact, she supposed the only benefit of the service was that because she wished she could be somewhere else doing something else, it would put her in the right frame of mind to give whatever sport they were going to play in first period some actual effort.

Getting changed quickly into the P.E kit, she made her way onto the basketball court. It was hardly her favourite sport, but at least she knew how it worked, and she supposed she was relatively tall, at least. Nowhere near as tall as Suuentliok, who wore the same girls kit as Emmanuelle did but hadn't got changed in there with the rest of the girls. Perhaps if Sueentliok was actually a man who had changed into a girl that would make some sense, but regardless of whatever gender they actually belonged to, they were ridiculously tall, Emmanuelle aware that she was almost staring but still doing it unashamedly. She decided that Sueen had to be about a whole foot taller than she was herself, and immediately hoped that she wouldn't have to play against them.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:41 am

Les Etats Connuriste wrote:Mass was not a thing that Emmanuelle liked, not even in the best of circumstances where it was conducted inside, quickly and quietly. No, it just had to be a long and drawn out service, accompanied with the hateful sound of bagpipes, and being outside and bored out of her mind, she very much struggled with the temptation of wanting a cigarette just to pass the time. She understood that it was important to respect people's religions, but that didn't mean that she wanted to subjected to them. Yes, she was a 'Catholic' herself - a term that when applied to Emmanuelle was certainly interpreted loosely - but she felt that one's relationship with God (if any) was something to be done individually rather than as a collective. Of course, if he was supposed to be everywhere and know everything, then she didn't have to say anything aloud for him to know what she thought of him, let alone attend services in groups and listen to songs and stories. In fact, she supposed the only benefit of the service was that because she wished she could be somewhere else doing something else, it would put her in the right frame of mind to give whatever sport they were going to play in first period some actual effort.

Getting changed quickly into the P.E kit, she made her way onto the basketball court. It was hardly her favourite sport, but at least she knew how it worked, and she supposed she was relatively tall, at least. Nowhere near as tall as Suuentliok, who wore the same girls kit as Emmanuelle did but hadn't got changed in there with the rest of the girls. Perhaps if Sueentliok was actually a man who had changed into a girl that would make some sense, but regardless of whatever gender they actually belonged to, they were ridiculously tall, Emmanuelle aware that she was almost staring but still doing it unashamedly. She decided that Sueen had to be about a whole foot taller than she was herself, and immediately hoped that she wouldn't have to play against them.

Suuentliok

Suuentliok stood, waiting for...something to happen. Though she assumed that something would happen, and she'd not been dragged several thousand miles around the world to look at a basketball court, she was impatient for it to actually start. Looking amongst the faces, she couldn't help but notice someone looking intently at her, evidently trying to measure her with her eyes; being a kind and generous person, she decided to help.
"7 feet 1 inch and a half," she informed Emanuelle, "Or at any rate that's what they told me in the army. Yeah...my whole family is pretty runty, I get it. Were you expecting me to be taller?"
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Les Etats Connuriste
Diplomat

Anarchy

Postby Les Etats Connuriste » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:45 am

A half smile crossed Emmanuelle's face, though her eyes still remained locked on Suuentliok. It was good that she seemed to have a sense of humour with her clear sarcasm about it rather than take offense, because Emmanuelle certainly stood little chance in any kind of confrontation or if Suuen decided to make a target of her in the game. She had barely seen anyone before that was over six and a half feet, let alone over seven. The fact that person happened to be a student of similar age to herself just added to the craziness of it. It was in fact, so mental that it took Emmanuelle quite a few seconds to catch on that Suuentliok had even mentioned the army, which again seemed odd. National service was strongly encouraged in her home country, but it normally wasn't undertaken until the conclusion of one's education.

"Next you're going to tell me that you're still growing." Emmanuelle responded incredulously, with a disarming little laugh that she hoped would betray the fact that she wasn't trying to be mean or anything, just surprised and curious. "I bet you're quite happy with basketball then?"

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:48 am

Suuentliok

"I'm still growing," Suuentliok laughed, a grin spreading across her face, "Or I think I am. Don't know though, because where I'm from my mother is a midget...only 6 10! So I guess short genes are in the family?"
She checked her watch and tapped her foot impatiently. "To tell you the truth I'd be happy with moving," she told Emmanuelle, "I don't know why we're still stood here. I'm fast enough for basketball and strong enough for it, but like I said back home I'm a bit of a runt so it was always the taller guys who ended up on basketball teams...not really had the chance to practise. Velsturman hoops are a lot higher off the ground though, I could probably chuck the ball in these without jumping."

Les Etats Connuriste
Diplomat

Anarchy

Postby Les Etats Connuriste » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:10 am

Either Suuentliok was being persistent with what Emmanuelle had initially classified as sarcasm, or she wasn't being sarcastic at all, and whatever obscure corner of the world they came from was filled with people half a foot taller or more than her. Emmanuelle decided she'd rather comment on something else and research whatever 'Velsturmen' were on her phone once the class had ended. She didn't want to look like an idiot.

"I wouldn't mind getting on with it either. That mass had me bored out of my mind, everyone else seems to be taking their time getting changed." replied Emmanuelle, immediately having an idea to try and find out more about what precisely was going on here.

"You know, I actually didn't see you in our changing rooms, what's up with that?"

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:43 am

"Essentially," Suuentliok responded, wondering whether Emmanuelle was about to claim she was fucked in the head, "I'm...intersex. Sometimes I identify as male, sometimes female. Because I come with tits everybody thinks I'm female, so I get female uniforms and the like, I'll raise it with the school later though because being the only person in the boys changing room in womens kit probably looks a bit weird. So does being over 7 feet tall, but can't really help that."

Les Etats Connuriste
Diplomat

Anarchy

Postby Les Etats Connuriste » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:05 pm

Emmanuelle nodded at the explanation, essentially coming to the conclusion that whatever suited Suuentliok best was whatever they decided to identify as on any given day. Whilst she couldn't relate to that frame of mind, she wasn't one of those people that thought it was somehow wrong, as far as Emmanuelle was concerned she felt like people should be free to do as they please. She wondered briefly about the pronouns to use, but given that sometimes they were one and sometimes the other, it was better to learn a name. Emmanuelle would have asked which side they were going to play on if they were separated into boys and girls games, but figured that if they were using the boys changing room that her question was already answered.

"So what's your name, then?" she asked.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:19 pm

Sophomore, Lechle "Detlef" Capelle
St. PMC. High School - Grangemouth, Dalmashiel, Folaisia.
/ / / / /
(XX/03/2020) - Morning
Les Etats Connuriste wrote:"I wouldn't mind getting on with it either. That mass had me bored out of my mind, everyone else seems to be taking their time getting changed."

Exiting from the changeroom having sufficiently taken as long as possible to fruitlessly postpone the inevitability of physical exertion, Lechle was increasingly more attentive. He couldn't recall the last time he actually participated in state-mandated physical activities. Though not cripplingly unfit by any means, Lechle simply wasn't particularly enthusiastic about getting pushed around by Seniors and bodied by students with the physique of grown men. Lechle took a reassuring breath to convince himself that the teachers would be impressed by his less-then-complete lack of enthusiasm before placing a plastic water bottle he brought from the Canteen on a nearby bench, then approaching the forming crowd on the Basketball Court with his hands in his uniform's pockets.

Diahon wrote:Thus done, he raced forth out of the locker room and into the gym the students were earlier told to congregate for PE, a subject he was average in.
Trumpisslavia wrote:He scanned around for a familiar face, or failing that, an adult. Not Ajay; he needed an adult to handle that combustible, too.
Les Etats Connuriste wrote:Emmanuelle nodded at the explanation, essentially coming to the conclusion that whatever suited Suuentliok best was whatever they decided to identify as on any given day. [...] "So what's your name, then?" she asked.

Interestingly, Lechle recognised the faces of the various individuals he had interacted in the past day (or month irl) but they were also complimented by unrecognisable faces that he only first saw this period. Though not saying much, it was a testament of their characters to not cause dilemma in the changerooms before class had even begun. Nevertheless, having started off the morning significantly on edge with less then ideal interactions, Lechle was fairly fed up with meeting new faces. He set aside a moment of thought, however, to ponder how Emmanuelle's day was so far, aimlessly staring in her direction as the teachers began greeting the accumulating students.

Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Trumpisslavia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Trumpisslavia » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:45 pm

Normudria wrote:After changing, Siobhán left the locker room and walked over to where everyone was lining up and sought out that kid who introduced himself to her as "Ajay." This guy seemed very energetic and happy—something she could use for a change, compared to how everyone else she was associating with had acted this morning. Normally, she'd be a bit put off by the level of bubbly attitude this kid had, but she felt her tired self gaining a bit more energy by some sort of spiritual osmosis just from being around this kid. When she finally found him, she walked up to him and smiled.
"Hey there. Sorry I didn't have a chance to introduce myself earlier. Very rude of me. You're Ajay, right? I'm Siobhán, and I'd love to learn more about you as well."

Stephen patiently kept on looking for someone, anyone of authority in the court, even as his eyes inevitably circled their way back to Ajay, who was smiling at his direction... and a girl? A girl, brown-haired, walking towards and now talking at him.

Oh, right, that girl, he told himself, the friend of that Lux Pulchrae chick. He tried not to think about their names once more; the last thing he needed was to have that cruel joke of a coping mechanism rev up again.

Nevertheless, having started off the morning significantly on edge with less than ideal interactions, Lechle was fairly fed up with meeting new faces. He set aside a moment of thought, however, to ponder how Emmanuelle's day was so far, aimlessly staring in her direction as the teachers began greeted the accumulating students.

At length -- finally -- Stephen saw from a distance someone who looked a great deal like a teacher, and so he ran towards him, dodging students as he did, paying attention to...

... who's that kid and why is he staring at me --

"OOF!"

He collided with something hard -- not stone, but flesh, yet hard -- and was sent sprawling to the floor, such was the momentum of his run.

Blinking hard, he thought immediately of the person he collided with, and sprung up immediately, aware of his fault and willing to help them up --

-- but there was no need to. For she was not only still standing, she was the tallest girl -- girl? she looked every inch a grown woman -- he had ever seen.

Holy shit, she's HUGE.
Maggie Simpson.
All dead.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:20 pm

Seeing his sister off to the side, Rocco joined the others. Spotting some odd characters here and there, one of the twin towers over there. and then he saw him, good little Detlef.

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
/ / / / /
(XX/03/2020) - Morning

Interestingly, Lechle recognised the faces of the various individuals he had interacted in the past day (or month irl) but they were also complimented by unrecognisable faces that he only first saw this period. Though not saying much, it was a testament of their characters to not cause dilemma in the changerooms before class had even begun. Nevertheless, having started off the morning significantly on edge with less then ideal interactions, Lechle was fairly fed up with meeting new faces. He set aside a moment of thought, however, to ponder how Emmanuelle's day was so far, aimlessly staring in her direction as the teachers began greeted the accumulating students.

With his usual nonchalant expression, Rocco walked up behind his French friend and placed a more-or-less friendly hand on his shoulder "Bonjour Moniseur Detlef." he smiled, his French wasn't good, nor did he want it to be. With his family's town being so close to the Lexo-French province of San Denise, he had enough of them already "Fine morning it 'as been no?I see you staring into space, what got your attention mon ami." as he teased him, Rocco looked around at the others. Basketball wasn't a popular sport back home, if you couldn't knock someone out, most of the guys didn't bother with it. Soccer has a pretty strong fanbase though. He could count on his hand the number of times he's played basketball.

Diahon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:36 pm

Normudria wrote:When she finally found him, she walked up to him and smiled.

Ajay turned around and saw the brunette from earlier talk to him, and remembered what he said to her earlier. "No, don't call yourself that, or I'd have been very rude myself! We were all preparing to leave, so leaving things hanging that way wasn't rude at all!"

He would've extended his hand to her in friendship, but saw Steppie's darting eyes scanning the crowd for... for something. So instead he pointed towards him and said to her, "That blond guy right over there's my roommate! The really short one! His name's Step-- I mean Stephen. We all have our pet names, hahaha! So... Shévanne?... your name seems mighty Irish, I don't know how to pronounce it. Don't know how to spell it either. I'll call you... hm..."

Ajay could now see Stephen running into the crowd of students.

"... well, wait, what would you like me to call you? I'm stumped, no disres--"

"OOF!"

"Uwaaaaaaaaaaa --"

For what must have the umpteenth time of his first day in Folaisia, Ajay Nath Thakur stared in slack-jawed awe, too stupefied to do anything else.

It wasn't that Ajay did not see his newfound friend collide with that tower of a student (she must be a student, look at her uniform); he saw it, but it barely registered in his mind.

What did register in his mind was that student's sheer physical dimensions -- she was huge. Like, no, not like at all --

"Āmākē cuduna, she's bigger than Bigtree!"

It was an exclamation in the form of a whisper.

Ajay still had that much self-control left in him, even if she indeed was several inches taller than the fabled Moscan parliamentarian.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:55 pm

/ / / / /
(XX/03/2020) - Morning
Trumpisslavia wrote:He collided with something hard -- not stone, but flesh, yet hard -- and was sent sprawling to the floor, such was the momentum of his run.

Lechle wasn't sure how comical an all-expenses paid exchange student experience could be, but it looks like the specific batch of students on program with him came out of a clown car. The Cartoon Network-tier of a situation snapped him back to reality, as he felt a firm impact on his shoulder.

Lux Pulchrae wrote:"Bonjour Moniseur Detlef. Fine morning it 'as been no? I see you staring into space, what got your attention mon ami."

This guy again? What ever happened to the common English courtesy of simply keeping your head down and your hands to yourself? Things must be really terrible if people are already so desperate to fight social withdrawal that the guy you told off is the only source of conversation for the first day of class. His eyes slowly drifted from the girl to an eyeroll, and to the Italian over his shoulder. He replied in a hushed-up tone;

"Look 'Moniseur', I thought I was supposed to come to you if I was interested in your 'deal'. Interestingly enough, I don't want your 'contraband'."

Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:18 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
/ / / / /
(XX/03/2020) - Morning

This guy again? What ever happened to the common English courtesy of simply keeping your head down and your hands to yourself? Things must be really terrible if people are already so desperate to fight social withdrawal that the guy you told off is the only source of conversation for the first day of class. His eyes slowly drifted from the girl to an eyeroll, and to the Italian over his shoulder. He replied in a hushed-up tone;

"Look 'Moniseur', I thought I was supposed to come to you if I was interested in your 'deal'. Interestingly enough, I don't want your 'contraband'."

"Eh? Shut the 'ell up I don't even care about that no more, find your own pack. I just came 'ere as a fellow classmate. You still stiff about earlier?" Rocc took his hand off, and stretched his arms with a groan while also trying to see what Detlef was so entranced by when he came through, tracing the line of sight back to a girl unknown to him as Emmanuelle "Is that 'er Francese? That girl with the uhh...brunetta 'air."

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:32 pm

/ / / / /
(XX/03/2020) - Morning
Lux Pulchrae wrote:"Eh? Shut the 'ell up I don't even care about that no more, find your own pack. I just came 'ere as a fellow classmate. You still stiff about earlier?"

Lechle was taken aback by the sudden vulgarity but thought nothing more of it when accompanied by the dense Italian accent. An informal reminder of how difficult it will be to take this man seriously so long as he speaks. He pondered techniques on self-composure which will be necessary should Arditi find himself giving a class presentation.

Lux Pulchrae wrote:Rocc took his hand off, and stretched his arms with a groan while also trying to see what Detlef was so entranced by when he came through, tracing the line of sight back to a girl unknown to him as Emmanuelle "Is that 'er Francese? That girl with the uhh...brunetta 'air."

Lechle blankly stared at the girl, taking note as to not rudely point.

"Who? Emmanuelle?"

Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:42 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
/ / / / /
(XX/03/2020) - Morning

"Emmanuelle. Great" he thought to himself sarcastically, when he heard the name he was less excited, returning to Detlef in response "No, basketball superstar Shaquille O'Nel over there." he joked, hinting at the tall girl. "Yes, Emmanuelle. So you know 'er. That's good. You like her? You were a zombie before a brought you back just now."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates