NATION

PASSWORD

The Golden King (AMW)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
The Kingdom of Apilonia
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

The Golden King (AMW)

Postby The Kingdom of Apilonia » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:54 pm

Theodore J. Roosevelt, Earl of Albany
Roosevelt House, Albany
The Duchy of New York, Kingdom of Apilonia
Sunday 23rd February 2020

“Teddy! Are you ready?”

Theodore J. Roosevelt, eldest son of the Duke of New York, rolled his eyes as he examined his reflection in the mirror in his bedroom, seeing no particular need to respond as it wasn’t like they were on a clock and he wanted to look his best. As the eldest son of a Duke, Theodore would one day succeed his father and, as such, held a courtesy title, specifically that of Early of Albany, the highest of his father’s subsidiary titles. As such, he was not simply another member of the nobility but a key member who would rise to prominence in the future, which mean that there was a certain standard that Theodore was expected to meet; even in 2020 the Kingdom placed a great deal of stock on the image that the nobility presented to the public. It had been the importance of this public image that his father, the Duke, had emphasised to him most during their talks during his teenage years, and it was a lesson that Theodore had taken on board; the nobility still held significant power and influence in the Kingdom and it was only the higher standard that the nobility held themselves to that ‘justified’ this position within the Kingdom.

It was for this reason that the nobility, as a whole, tended to close ranks against those individuals within it that did not meet this high standard; even a Duke’s son would be blacklisted by the rest of the nobility if he did something stupid.

There had been a dirty little scandal a few years previously when the son and heir of the Duke of Alabama had been accused of raping a Royal Navy sailor stationed at HM Naval Station Pascagoula. Not only had the Duke of Alabama co-operated fully with the investigation, but when his son had been found guilty of the crime he had immediately disowned him, disinherited him and endorsed the sentence passed down by the Crown Court. The rest of the nobility had also blacklisted the disgraced son, meaning that when he eventually left prison he would be a mere commoner. It was perhaps ruthless, but everyone knew that all the power and influence that the nobility enjoyed could be torn down all too quickly if they weren’t careful. It wasn’t to say that there wasn’t a great deal of patronage and the like behind the scenes, and even scandals would be brushed under the carpet where possible, but the moment it came out in the open, the institutional response was immediate and decisive. Indeed, had the Duke of Alabama not disowned his son he would have found his own business interests evaporating and his political influence non-existent. A child’s foolish mistake could bring down even the mightiest Duke.

As a result of both his father’s lessons, and the news coverage on the Pascagoula Affair, Theodore was already a firm believer in living to the required standard even at eighteen… especially given the circumstances.

Theodore and his family were due to travel to the Royal District of Washington to take part in the week-long celebrations for the King’s Golden Jubilee which would commence with a ball at the White Palace this evening and culminate in a public event on the National Mall on 1 March, the anniversary-to-the-day of the King’s accession to the throne. In addition to the vast quantity of members of the public expected to attend, nobility from all over the Kingdom would be attending, including the Duke of New York and his family, along with invited guests from all over the world. As Theodore had recently turned eighteen, this would be his first national public appearance as an adult, and as such he wanted to make sure he absolutely looked the part; after all the Duchy of New York was arguably the single most powerful and influential of the Kingdom’s constituent regions… something that his father had been at pains to emphasise to his son. He therefore doubted that his father would mind him taking a few extra minutes to make sure he looked the part, as there were doubtless at least a few photographers outside waiting to catch the Roosevelts starting their trip to Washington.

Of course, to hear his mother you would think that they were at risk of missing the entire thing. Theodore smiled to himself as he smoothed out a few minute creases in his dinner jacket; he adored his mother, as did pretty much everyone who met her, but she did have a tendency to be something of a mother-hen and insisted on being at least an hour early for pretty much everything. The fact that, in the vast majority of cases, whatever was going on would wait for them was lost upon here.

“You’re going to your mother an aneurysm, Teddy,” Richard, Duke of New York, commented quietly as he leant against the door frame.

Theodore smiled wryly as he glanced over at his father, who was himself immaculately turned-out in the mess dress uniform of the Royal Army (with the unique unit patches of the New York Ducal Guard), as was the style for those members of the nobility who had served on active-duty; those Dukes that had never served in uniform, save for serving as the commander-in-chief of their Ducal Guard, by convention did not wear military uniform except when serving in that capacity. The Duke had served ten years in the Royal Army, prior to taking the mantle of Duke upon the death of his father, rising to the rank of Major.

“She’s survived the last forty years running around like a headless chicken, father,” Theodore replied. “I’m sure she’ll survive leaving a few minutes later.”

“Perhaps,” The Duke conceded with a smile of his own. “But I’ve found it best not to argue with her.”

“I’ll bow to your superior experience in that area,” Theodore grinned.

“You’ll learn that when you get your own wife, it’s best not to argue in almost all cases, at least in private” The Duke shook his head wryly, before examining his son. “You do look very smart, but we do need to get going, it won’t do for a family of our standing to be late.”

“I’m ready, father,” Theodore nodded.

“Good, I’ll send Sebastian up to take your luggage down to the cars,” The Duke nodded. “In the meantime, can you go and get William and Elizabeth?”

Theodore nodded and made his way down the hall to the two smaller bedrooms belonging to his younger brother and sister; Lord Richard Thomas Roosevelt, who was fourteen, and Lady Elizabeth Jane Roosevelt who was twelve. Both were dressed smartly, as they were going out in public, but they weren’t exactly ‘dolled up’ for a formal dinner, due to the fact that all underage children of the nobility were not invited. They, like their counterparts, would attend a variety of other events over the next week to celebrate the King’s jubilee but the decision had been made to spare them, and everyone else around them, from having to sit through a lengthy dinner. Richard, clearly couldn’t be happier, but Elizabeth, despite being all of twelve, took her responsibilities as the daughter of a noble house very seriously and had been moaning about not being invited to everyone who would listen for most of the last two weeks.

“Are you two ready?” Theodore asked as he glanced through the two open doors.

“Are you and our parents ready to let me come tonight,” Elizabeth replied, launching a last-ditch attempt to attend the dinner.

“Are you suddenly of age, Lizzie?” Theodore smirked. “Then no, but you better get your ass in gear or you’ll be left here and miss the rest of the festivities.”

“I’m telling Mom,” Elizabeth scowled, referring to his cursing, as she handed her suitcase to one of their domestic servants.

“Tell here what you like, it won’t change anything,” Theodore shook his head. “Richard! Waiting on you.”

“I’m coming,” Richard replied with a huff as he appeared from his room. “Unlike our sister, I’m glad to not have to sit around for hours making small talk.”

“See, your brother has sense,” Theodore grinned. “Enjoy being able to avoid these sort of things for as long as you can Lizzie, you’ll get fed up of them soon enough.”

“Doubtful,” Elizabeth replied simply over her shoulder as she made her way back along the hall to the main staircase.

“Nutcase, that one,” Richard shook his head at his older brother.

His Royal Highness The Prince William of Washington
The White Palace
The Royal District of Washington, Kingdom of Apilonia

“I’m supposed to be aboard ship,” The Prince William of Washington grumbled as he stood with his parents awaiting the first visitors.

The Prince was less than impressed with having been informed in no uncertain terms that his attendance at the Jubilee Dinner was not only expected but required; having fully expected to be able to get out of it by being at sea by now, following his commissioning a few days previously. The fact that his brand-new mess dress uniform, in the style of a full naval officer rather than that of a mere Academy Midshipman, was stiff and uncomfortable hardly helped matters either.

“Happily, your ship is stationed at the Royal Washington Naval Yard, and won’t be putting to sea until tomorrow evening,” The Prince of Washington, his father, replied with obvious amusement. “And it just so happens that your invitation tonight also secured your Captain a highly sort after invitation as well.”

William scowled; he liked Commander Mike Holmes, Commanding Officer of HMS Providence, by both reputation and from their limited interaction he seemed like a good man with a solid head on his shoulders, but he ought to have guessed that the man wasn’t above throwing him under the bus to get such a prestigious invitation. Not that William could really hold it against him; after all as a commoner it was important for officers to network and make connections, as they could not rely on their family name and patronage to secure their advancement, instead progressing on merit. Of course, progress on merit was the lifeblood of the Navy, given that those that progressed solely on patronage could be shunted off to ‘safe’ postings where they could do little damage, allowing those who had what it took, both commoners and those hailing from the peerage, to get the actual work of the Navy done. Which was probably why William liked Commander Holmes; he had worked his way up on his own merit and that was something that William respected greatly.

“Betrayal,” William sniffed as he adjusted his uniform once more.

“What a pity,” His father commented dryly.

“I do hope you don’t plan to keep me here all night,” William said warningly. “Unlike Sarah, I can’t stand this nonsense.”

“We’ll see.”

It was only a few more minutes before the first guests began to arrive in what was a carefully choreographed affair. Those members of the Royal Family who were not resident at the White Palace would arrive first, followed shortly after by the Apilonian nobility and then the Diplomatic Corps and other foreign dignitaries, followed by other invitees of lesser status. The first to arrive where the Duke and Duchess of the Potomac, the younger son of the King and his wife, along with a very reluctant looking Prince Andrew of the Potomac, who had the misfortune of turning eighteen a few weeks previously and thus being old enough to merit an invitation. William greeted his cousin warmly, who detached from his parents to keep him company. The Princess Royal, the only daughter of the King and William’s aunt, arrived shortly after accompanied by her husband, Commander Sir George T. Lestrade of the Royal Navy. The last member of the ‘core’ Royal Family to arrive where the Duke and Duchess of the Shenandoah, the King’s brother (and William’s great uncle) along with their son, Prince James of the Shenandoah.

It was only once the first members of the nobility began to arrive that William saw his opportunity to escape. Amongst the first to arrive were the Duke and Duchess of New York, along with their son, Theodore, Earl of Albany. Given that the Duke of New York was a key political ally of the Crown, William and Theodore had developed a fast friendship during their youth, although they had not seen each other properly in some months due largely to William’s attendance of the Naval Academy.

“Teddy,” William said formally, albeit with a broad smile, as the two young men exchanged a handshake.

“Your Royal Highness,” Theodore grinned. “It is good to see you again, and in uniform no less.”

“You wouldn’t be saying that if you’d been roped into this damn thing without a chance to break it in before-hand,” William grumbled, again adjusting his uniform. “I was supposed to be at sea, but I suspect my father bribed my Captain with an invitation.”

“Guilty,” The Prince of Washington grinned, then relented. “Alright, why don’t you, Andrew and Teddy go and start working the room in there, I’m sure there’ll be plenty of other heirs in their less than pleased to be stuck here all night.”

William smiled broadly and stepped back gratefully from the receiving line and together with Andrew and Theodore made their way into the State Dining Room which was starting to fill with guests. All three of them knew that the important work would begin once the Diplomatic Corps started to arrive, after all they interacted with the nobility on a far more frequent basis, although William at least would really need to exchange pleasantries with all the Dukes present as a matter of course. At least for the moment, however, the three friends could spend some time catching up.

“Are you still planning on West Point?”

“That’s the intention,” Theodore replied with a nod. “I meet the requirements, and have obviously got my father’s nomination, so just waiting on confirmation… although I’ve also applied to the Naval Academy’s marine officer programme.”

William nodded thoughtfully; although patronage had its place across the entirety of the Apilonian Military, for good or ill, the Royal Military Academy at West Point was the most popular destination for scions of the nobility. Although the Royal Navy was, without a doubt, the more prestigious service it was also the one what required more of its officers and enlisted sailors; frequently being posted away from home for long periods. By contrast the Royal Army, in peacetime at least, was largely garrison-based, save for training exercises, and as such for most nobles it was the service of choice; military service was military service, after all, and many young nobles were more than happy to choose the easier option.

“You should consider Annapolis.”

“A totally unbiased opinion, of course,” Theodore grinned.

“Well, I guess then you need to ask yourself whether you would rather actually work for a living and see the world,” William commented with a grin of his own. “Or prance around on a parade ground at every opportunity.”

“Spoken like a true naval officer,” The Duke of Shenandoah commented as he approached the younger group. “Apologies for interrupting, but I wanted to congratulate you personally, William, I’m sorry I couldn’t attend your commissioning ceremony.”

“Thank you, Grand Uncle,” William smiled; as a younger son of King George IV the Duke had enjoyed a full naval career, retiring the previous year after serving as Flag Officer, Submarines. “You can’t blame me for trying to lure my dear friend away from the dark side.”

“Of course not, and I’m sure the Admiralty will appreciate your recruitment efforts on their behalf,” The Duke replied with a shake of his head, turning to Theodore. “Get yourself to sea, Lad, your name sake might have won his combat spurs in the Army, but he built a career at the Admiralty.”

“I’ll bear that in mind, Sir,” Theodore smiled.

“Good man,” The Duke nodded, turning back to William. “Come find me later on before you leave, I have something I want to give you.”

“I will, Grand Uncle,” William nodded, more than a little intrigued.

“Good, now more of our guests are starting to arrive, so we really ought to start working the room,” The Duke commented dryly, as the four of them watched the first new guests enter the room. “Do try and look like you’re enjoying yourself, you might just find yourself actually doing so!”
The Kingdom of Apilonia
An Earth II Member

Iansisle
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Iansisle » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:33 am

The Shieldian Embassy to the King of Apilonia had been under the same ambassador for the past thirteen years, an unmatched tenure enabled by the crassest of political pragmatism. His Excellency the Viscount of Haldsborough had been appointed by the last High King of the Shield. When the revolution came, Haldsborough saw earlier than most any other aristocrat where the winds were blowing. He traveled to Jameston Place to pay tribute to Charles Bradsworth, arriving on the Shield as the Viscount Haldsborough and returning to Apilonia as Citizen Talbott.

The newly minted Citizen Talbott then watched the deadlock of the directoral system with a growing sense of unease. Although he continued to serve the moderate diplomatic service, Talbott started to cultivate more friends in radical circles. When Madders made his move against Bradsworth, the ambassador to Apolonia was well placed to avoid the purges that fell on most other diplomatic missions.

As a former aristocrat, Talbott would never have been completely above suspicion. Even with his friends in the Justice Directory, the Commission on the Common Welfare still sent a political officer to Washington to keep an eye on their mission there. Reports back showed Talbott becoming more and more cosy with the naval attache, who was no doubt known to the Apilonian security services to be an intelligence operative. This relationship made the Commission nervous, as many in the Justice Directorate were becoming leery of their military counterparts.

Once again, Talbott’s instincts proved prescient. The Naval Intelligence Office, molded by Captain Clayburgh into the premier secret service on the Shield, fell strongly in line behind Ranalte following his coup. The Apilonians may not have been thrilled with the manner of Ranalte’s ascension, nor entirely trusting of the legitimacy of his subsequent election to the office of president (running unopposed with more than 95% of the vote), but Talbott had been a calming influence through the tumultuous years of revolution, revolt, and counter-revolution, and he followed the winds blowing from Ianapalis.

The other great recommendation for Eugene Talbott was his accumulation of a diversified portfolio of extra-Shieldian stocks and his love of throwing elaborate parties for the rich and powerful. Loud, friendly, and affable, the pot-bellied Talbott and Maureen, his plump rosy-cheeked wife, were fixtures of the Washington social scene. They had been looking forward to the Golden Jubilee for months and swept in behind their announcements with waves to friends and allies from across the capital.

Marimaia
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Marimaia » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:56 pm

23 February 2020
The White Palace

The relationship between the Caribbean Confederation and the Kingdom of Apilonia had always been regarded as incredibly significant by the member states of CariCon, both before and after the formation of their regional organisation. Apilonia was a major trading partner of every Caribbean nation due to their geographical proximity and highly developed economy, and so the CariCon members traditionally did their utmost to remain within the Kingdom's good graces, especially as the Caribbean tourism industry recognised Apilonian visitors as one of their major sources of income. There was also a great deal of history shared between Apilonia and the smaller states to their south as the Kingdom had been a welcome friend to several of them during the decolonisation of the Caribbean, in particular the Republic of Cuba. In a somewhat natural evolution of this friendly relationship, many CariCon members purchased their military equipment from Apilonia; the organisation as a whole often informally referred to the Kingdom as 'Big Brother North', recognising that the relationship with Apilonia was not only beneficial in economic terms but also military terms. If CariCon ever faced a military threat to their sovereignty then the Kingdom of Apilonia was their best bet for positive intervention. For these reasons media outlets throughout the Caribbean had been covering events leading up to the Golden Jubilee and CariCon had dispatched their most senior representative to Washington to offer their congratulations and demonstrate their respect; while the twelve members could have sent their individual ambassadors, it had been decided that sending one representative was a far better idea. Secretary-General Felix Elizondo was a gregarious and insightful forty-one year old who had previously served as Minister of Foreign Affairs for the Republic of Colombia, and his appointment by the Conference of Presidents had proved to be an excellent choice for CariCon. His diplomatic experience and natural friendliness had been assets in his drive for greater cooperation between the twelve member nations, and he had established warm relationships with every President within the Confederation.

Felix had not travelled to Washington alone as he was accompanied by his wife of twelve years, Carmen. A mere four months older than Felix, Carmen was an experienced corporate lawyer who always cut a stylish figure by her husband's side when they attended various high-profile events. They arrived at the White Palace in a black luxury sedan provided by the Colombian embassy, Felix in traditional black-tie attire while Carmen wore a stylish black dress with embroidered lace sleeves and a matching black handbag. While the pair's primary goal was to represent CariCon and pass on the organisation's best wishes to the King of Apilonia, they would not be averse to discussing business with any interested parties who were also in attendance.

The Kingdom of Apilonia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kingdom of Apilonia » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:21 pm

The White Palace

It had not gone unnoticed that there was a small court gathering around Prince William; but then it was to be expected that a future King would build relationships with the men (and women) who would those who would be in positions of influence and authority when the time came; the heirs of the current nobility. The existing group had been joined by Jack, Earl of Columbus, who had detached himself from his parents; the Duke and Duchess of Ohio. Jack was a year older than the Prince, and wore the uniform of a First Lieutenant in the Royal Army, which had of course earned him more than a few good-natured insults from the naval officer Prince. Although the Prince was committed to building good working relationships with all the Heirs, he was closest with those who shared his political leanings; which like his father was with the Centrists, being a strong believer in moderation above all else. As such the group that was gathering around him, plus Andrew, Earl of Trenton, and Thomas, Earl of Harrisburg, who were due later, constituted his ‘inner circle’ and everyone from the Kingdom was watching to see who would else would be admitted.

Although the Prince would not be King for some years, given that his grandfather was still going strong at eighty and his father would accede before him, he would be King one day and people wanted to start building a relationship now.

It wasn’t just the Heirs that were ingratiating themselves with the future King. Given that the Prince would soon be undergoing basic and primary flight training at two naval air stations in the Florida, followed by advanced flight training in Mississippi, he had already been approached by both the Duke of Florida and the Duke of Mississippi inviting him to various events and meals during the time he was due to be stationed in their Duchy. It was perhaps hardly surprising that William was gathering a lot of attention, with his father out on the receiving line and the King the guest of honour, and thus not here yet, William was the highest ranking royal in the room. Truthfully, William and his inner circle would much prefer to be able to keep to themselves, but they all knew the benefit to being involved in these sorts of conversations, even if only as a silent observer.

“Now who do we have here?” Jack asked with a wry smile as the Shieldian Ambassador was announced and entered the room. “He looks like a character.”

“That’s the Shieldian Ambassador, the Viscount of Haldsborough, or Citizen Talbott, or whatever other name and title he’s going by this year, suffice it to say the man is a survivor,” William explained, of the small group he had the most exposure to the diplomatic corps, and even after his years at Annapolis he knew Talbott was a regular fixture on the district’s social scene. “He’s been the Ambassador from the Shield for some thirteen years now, somehow managed to survive every regime change that’s hit the Shield in that time.”

Andrew, Jack and Theodore nodded their understanding; they all knew the history. The Kingdom had watched with dismay that the King of the Shield had been deposed, then replaced by steadily worsening regimes as time had passed. As a general rule, Apilonia favoured other monarchies over any other forms of governments, given its emphasis on tradition and its long history as a Kingdom. The Shield was within an area that was identified by the Ministry of Defence as being ‘of interest’, mainly because it was within striking range of the Straits of Gibraltar, a key maritime choke-point, and as such the Kingdom’s diplomatic relationship with it was important. The deteriorating situation in the Shield over recent years was concerning for many in Government, at least as far as William was kept in the loop by his father and grandfather, and as experienced as Ambassador Talbott was in representing his nation in Apilonia, there were concerns in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs that he was too concerned with his own survival to truly serve as an intermediary if relations deteriorated. That being said, he was gregarious and affable and was well liked in the district.

“And him?” Jack gestured at the latest arrival.

“Jesus, I see West Point doesn’t do a class on recognizing international dignitaries,” William teased gently.

“Lay off, Annapolis,” Jack grinned. “Who is he?”

“Felix Elizondo, Secretary-General of the Caribbean Confederation,” William replied smoothly. “And his wife, Carmen.”

“How do you know this stuff, Will?” Theodore frowned. “I recognized Elizondo, of course, but his wife…”

“They give me cheat sheet,” William admitted with a smirk. “I don’t get away with not knowing without it becoming a diplomatic incident.”

The others nodded their understanding; although their positions would require them to have some understanding of diplomatic niceties it was only a member of the Royal Family whose actions (or misactions) would have diplomatic consequences. Of course, the Kingdom’s relationship with the Caribbean Confederation, either collectively or individually, was not really in doubt, as there were plenty of connections stretching back well over a hundred years. Indeed, it had been Theodore’s namesake that had helped to win Cuba it’s independence back in the day.

“We should probably go say hello, Teddy,” William commented to Theodore, who nodded. “We’ll hook back up with you both later.”

Andrew and Jack nodded and began their own rounds around the room as William and Theodore approached Elizondo.

“Secretary-General, Elizondo, a pleasure to finally meet you, I’ve heard a lot about you from the my geopolitics briefings my grandfather insisted I get to start learning the ropes,” William said by means of greeting, offering a hand for the older man to shake, knowing that he didn’t exactly need to identify himself, not in this room and not to this man in any case. “If I may introduce you, and your lovely wife, to my friend; Theodore J. Roosevelt, Earl of Albany, and heir to the Duchy of New York.”
The Kingdom of Apilonia
An Earth II Member

Marimaia
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Marimaia » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:30 pm

The Kingdom of Apilonia wrote:Andrew and Jack nodded and began their own rounds around the room as William and Theodore approached Elizondo.

“Secretary-General, Elizondo, a pleasure to finally meet you, I’ve heard a lot about you from the my geopolitics briefings my grandfather insisted I get to start learning the ropes,” William said by means of greeting, offering a hand for the older man to shake, knowing that he didn’t exactly need to identify himself, not in this room and not to this man in any case. “If I may introduce you, and your lovely wife, to my friend; Theodore J. Roosevelt, Earl of Albany, and heir to the Duchy of New York.”

Felix beamed happily as he shook Prince William's hand. "An honour to finally meet you in person, Your Royal Highness. I must say that I'm flattered to have been the subject of royal briefings, regardless of how mundane they might have been." He chuckled as he turned to Theodore. "A pleasure to meet you, Lord Albany. If I may introduce my wife Carmen, I hope that you've heard good things about her otherwise I'm in trouble when we get home."

Carmen rolled her eyes in a joking manner. "He makes that same joke every time."

Felix shrugged with a mischievous smirk before addressing Prince William. "I'm glad to be the bearer of best wishes to your grandfather from the entire Caribbean Confederation on this glorious occasion, Your Royal Highness. Our motley little family of nations has always enjoyed a good relationship with your kingdom and we hope that our good relationship will continue for decades to come. Have either of you visited any CariCon member state recently on vacation, might I ask? If so then I'd love to hear some unofficial feedback that I could unofficially relay to the relevant people."

The Kingdom of Apilonia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kingdom of Apilonia » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:46 am

The White Palace

“Regretfully not myself, although once I make it back to my ship I believe HMS Providence is due to make a goodwill tour of the Caribbean Confederation for my Initial Fleet Time, close to home but plenty of opportunities for pilotages and other navigational evolutions,” William replied with a wry smile. “Although whether being run ragged by the ship’s Captain and training officer count as a vacation is doubtful at best, but we’ll get more than a few chances for a decent run ashore I would have thought, so I’ll have to record my thoughts for you.”

William smiled slightly and glanced at Theodore.

“Teddy, didn’t you go to Cuba a few months ago?”

“It’s becoming something of a family tradition for the eldest son to visit the San Juan Heights outside of Santiago de Cuba, do pay our respects to our namesakes, Colonel Theodore Roosevelt, who commanded the Rough Riders during the Cuban War of Independence,” Theodore explained with a nod. “Of course, we go with some of our friends and use the opportunity to visit the sights of Santiago and Havana, amongst other places, but it wasn’t what you would call an extensive visit to the Confederation.”
The Kingdom of Apilonia
An Earth II Member

Return to NationStates