NATION

PASSWORD

BVC | 5th Mehlodhivestoile 2020 | Britonish National Final

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

BVC | VM2020 | The Grand Final - Alshkan, Britonisea

Postby Britonisea » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:00 pm

Live Coverage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020. LIVE from Alshkan, Britonisea with your host Mini Surrey North and Cole Heiman, with Theodore Faucheux online...

APRIL 4TH, 2020

There's no point in crying as tonight is a celebration, but the crew of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020 were definitely saddened that this was their last show together. A mixture of the essential crew, who travel to all of the five Vha Mehlodhivestoile cities per year, and local crew got on really well this year, and even though some crew never mingled with one another (for example the local crew from Quickenden never knew who did their jobs in the other four cities), it really was a family at Vha Mehlodhivestoile and for the hundreds that are a part of the making of the biggest edition of the truly international national final were sad this is the end. Across the six weeks, they've had rehearsals all week long, a family show, a jury final and of course the live shows. Tonight, we're in the border city of Alshkan that recently hosted the 49th World Hit Festival in what was a joint effort between BVC and RVC. We're back in the same arena, the Halvenhavlve Arena, where over 20,000 people are jam-packed in, ready for the show to start.

A total of 10.58 million households tuned in for the Battle Stage of VM2020 which was a new record. Almost 680,000 more households watched the Battle Stage compared to the year before as five battles happened. There were some surprises, such as Rigas Jengiz not making it to the Grand Final to be beaten by Nightomese singer Krysten Phearson. The Grand Final this year is an interesting one. Some people might think that there's a clear winner but comparing results from multiple different polls around Britonisea shows that the Britons really don't know who to vote for and it'll come down to tonight's show only. Record-breaking totals were met during the Semi-Final stage, which I am sure everyone is willing to find out at the end of the show, but people were more focused on what would happen today...Who's destiny will be fulfilled? Who will become the fifth winner of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020?

A ticket to the WorldVision Song Contest or the World Hit Festival isn't the only prize the winner gets. The runner-up of the competition gets the ticket an upcoming World Hit Festival, but also gains £50,000 BPS to pocket, to help their career. A prize-winner is participating again, KAYLEY, hoping that this time she'd score lucky with the bigger prize. £150,000 BPS will be given to the winner of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020 which will go leaps and boundaries. There's much more to play for that just a title; money, recognition, fame but most importantly, influencing the nation to listen to more of your music. All of the acts get on very well with one another, but they're all competitors and are here for one thing - the trophy of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020. Who is going to get it? Should we find out together?

The tune of Vha Mehlodhivestoile played on the screens at home, T-Minus 2 minutes and 58 seconds until we go live. The audience in the Halvenhavlve Arena took their seats and looked on as the Opening Act got ready on the stage. Standing audience members held each other closely, even if they didn't know one another, as the rousing, euphoric, tune of Vha Mehlodhivestoile reached its climax. Members of the audience held back the tears as they knew this would be the last time they'd hear this tune play for a year. Vha Mehlodhivestoile, for those who aren't Britonish, may not understand the importance of the National Final to Britons. The fans from the old longer format of Mehlodhifehstivalhen poured over to what was a better, bigger celebration of Britonish culture, Britonish music, Britonish quirks and much more. The national final, similarly to the National Day, was a time when the country could come together and be proud of the country they're from. That's the success of the National Final.

THE OPENING ACT
Alyxhia Willis - "Want You Home"
Tune : Aly Ryan- "Wear Your Love (Official Video)"
Music: Alyxhia Willis James Embankmnent, Tasha Louise, Abigail Steyn, Jayden Christopher Lyrics: Alyxhia Willis, James Embankment

Alyxhia Willis, the winner of VM2019: Alyxhia Willis returns to stage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile to perform her winning song, "Want You Home" as she prepares to hand the trophy to her successor.

While it was less than a year since the win of Alyxhia Willis, it was time for her to hand her Vha Mehlodhivestoile trophy to the next winner of Vha Mehlodhivestoile. Who would it be? She didn't know. Though, as per tradition, the winner from the year before - who was indeed Alyxhia - would return to the stage the next year to perform in the Opening Act of the succeeding edition. Alyxhia didn't win either the Televote or the International Jury Vote, but she managed to clench the winner from AUTUMN by only one point - 168 points to 167 points. Many fans have been wondering whether we will see a win like that at the 5th edition of Vha Mehlodhivestoile or whether the winner will have a run-away victory. She became after Mini Surrey North's 2016 VM winner, "Centre of Attraction", the 2nd most successful Briton with her song, "Want You Home", placing 1st at WorldVision with a total of 132 points. Will the winner of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020 score big? As the tune of VM finished, we dove into the arena as the audience cheered loudly. We were live in the Halvenhavlve Arena. It was time to say hello to Alyxhia Willis once again...

There was a period of silence before the expensive, explosive horn sounds sounded through the arena in Alshkan, with the horns being joined by a huge cheer from the audience. The triangle behind her lit up a bright white with a blue tint. There was slight low lying fog at the bottom of the stage making the stage much more ominous... As the horns played through the first part of the song, she stood in one strong pose which the women on either side of her were mimicking. She'd perform this exact routine on live TV four times last year at Vha Mehlodhivestoile and twice at the WorldVision Song Contest, making this routine number 7. She knew exactly what to do - it was second nature to her...

I have waited too long,
Boy, have you disowned me?
You got me chained - locked up.
You've thrown away the key...

At the start of the verse, there was a shot that had a mid shot of her body, with her looking directly in to the camera with a straight face. The camera slowly moved backwards to expose the triangle that was behind her along with the two other women by her side. At the higher pitch drum sound (11s and 19s), the LED flashed a white light down the centre of the of the stage. From the audience's perspective, it looked as though this white light was going down the middle of the triangle and straight down Alyxhia Willis who was standing right in the middle of the stage. At each of those sounds, Alyxhia had moved her body in a very rigid way, twisting her body in each direction - making it as dramatic as she could. The two women on either side of her followed suit. She wasn't looking at the camera as she turned.

As she sang "You've thrown away the key", she turned back to the audience with a facial expression of sorrow and hurt. She rested her hand on her hip as a camera from further away in the Havlvenhavlve zoomed in, getting faster as we reached closer to her face (23s). As she started to sing the next part of the song, the camera focused down on her fingers, that were placed by her hip, snapping. The shot kept on changing to the other women that were on the stage at each click of the finger...

I miss your laughter that fills up a room...
I miss your body, do you miss mine too?
Got me all nervous, I’m hoping you would…
Just walk right through that door
I'm not asking for more...

During the section above, red lights from the back of the stage starting lighting up and so in and amongst the smoke, you could see a redness simmering. The triangle that was behind Alyxhia changed colours at each click that the women on the stage did, changing from white to green to pink and purple but by the end of it all, the colour that the triangle landed on was red. The audience started clicking their fingers along with Alyxhia Willis and the women on the stage.

As the drums came in for the last bit of the pre-chorus at "right through that door", the shot changed to the furthest one away in the arena before quickly zooming straight towards Alyxhia Willis on the stage. Lights from the front of the stage pointing towards Alyxhia flashed on and off in an array of different colours as the wind machines were turned on maximum. Her hair flowed in the wind as the camera raced towards her, adoring her goddess-like stage appearance...

Don’t hate me for wanting you home (Want you home)
Under the duvets, on our own. (Want you home)
Without you, I can’t sleep at night
Oh yeah I want you home
Oh yeah I want you home
Oh yeah you must come home
Dream of me in your sleep, dream of me 'till you come home
Don't stop, don't stop, dream of me in your sleep.
Oh yeah I want you home!

As the chorus reached, she was swaying her body along to the song as the camera captured her from every angle. Alyxhia slightly walked forwards from her position, with the women ascending up on the platform.behind where Alyxhia was placed. The lights on the side of the platform that she was on lit up in a red and the fog started to disappear. Alyxhia looked down at the floor before looking up to meet the glare of the camera. She slightly smiled, but at the same time, she looked desperate to find whoever she needed to find. At the end of the chorus, the harsh horns were reflected in the staging as the red lights at the bottom of the stage flashing on and off in time with the music. As she sang "'till you come home" the stage turned dark with the red triangle being the only thing light was coming from. Alyxhia held her strong pose before the lights came back for the last line of the chorus.

For the second verse section, the lights were stripped back and so was the quickness of the changing of shots. The camera trailed it's way up Alyxhia's body and every few beats, the camera would fade to black. In the back, you could hear a few members of the audience cheering and whistling for Alyxhia as she continued to sing. Her ring glistened in the lights. As she sang "your queen and you are my king" she put her hand to her heart, with another shot zooming out from the wrong on her finger to expose Alyxhia standing on the middle of the platform and the women holding her by the shoulder on each side. The triangle had turned back to blue at the start of the second verse.

You're my protector I, I need your comforting
You made me feel like your queen and you are my king
I miss your laughter that fills up a room...
I miss your body, do you miss mine too?
Got me all nervous, I’m hoping you would…
Just walk right through that door
I'm not asking for more…

The pre-chorus for the song came fast this time. Similarly to the first time, when the clicking part came, the triangle in the back changed colours though this time, the colours were not distinct, with most of them being a blend of multiple different colours. The women were clicking their fingers in a similar fashion to how they were clicking their fingers the first time, but the camera did not close up on them clicking their fingers. Instead a camera on a wire in front of the stage zoomed past, turning on its Axis as it flew past the wonderful Alyxhia. She didn't look at the camera, rather looking out straight towards the audience.

As the drums came in, the wind machine was definitely in full effect once again with the lights flashing on Alyxhia's face along with the women who were very close behind her. the camera zoomed in from a different side of the arena, panning around as it moved closer and closer to Alyxhia. The three women were swaying along to the tune of the music as they sung the chorus once again... The triangle turned red at this point.

Without me, you can’t sleep at night
Oh yeah I want you home
Oh yeah I want you home

However this time, the chorus finished a tiny bit earlier as we went to the bridge of the song rather early. As the mood changes, the red intensified, with it appearing that those watching on television are almost watching her through a red filter due to the intensity of the lights. Alyxhia got on the floor and as she did a Steadicam came on the stage floor and 'walked' to where Alyxhia was with the two singer-dancers who had also gotten down on the floor with her. They all seemed to be curled up in a ball, very compact to each other. Alyxhia looked at the camera as it passed her. The Steadicam moved on and off the stage pretty quickly.

She then got back up to meet the eyeline of the camera that was waiting for her. The triangle behind her was glowing loads of random different colours behind her with a plethora of different projections being shone onto her and those behind her.

I want you home!
I want you home!
Want You Home!

As she started to sing the "I want you home" sections, the camera showed a wide angle of the whole arena with people waving their Britonish flags. The LED was used properly for the first time during the performance as the return of the white line came back but this time, each time it appeared it filled up the whole length of the stage before it turned to black once again. It happened three times before the LED screen in the back had an almost chess board design with the black and white design being flashed on the screen for a split moment. As this moment happened, the camera quickly zoomed for the furthest point emphasise the increase in... everything going into the last chorus of the song.

Without me, you can’t sleep at night
Oh yeah I want you home
Oh yeah I want you home

The camera quickly moved from one side of the stage to the other side of the stage as the backing turned to a different colour which contrasted the colour that was coming from the triangle. The LED would be intense before decreasing in intensity...before becoming intense once again very quickly. She looked out to the audience, ignoring the camera that was high up in the air. As she finished the section above, she flung her head back with the microphone still in her hand in the same position - the camera quickly zoomed in her face as she did this. She then moved her body strongly to face one side of the stage with the women behind her following suit. She changed the direction that she was looking in every two lines...

Oh yeah I want you home!
Oh yeah I want you home!

Because I want you home.

At the end of the song, Alyxhia held a strong pose as everything faded out. Her hair, you could see until everything faded to black, still flowing in the wind created by the wind machine. Britonish flags fell from the rigs behind her with a shot of the arena from afar being used as we saw the whole stage draped in red, white, blue and orange. The audience cheered continuously as Alyxhia Willis held the pose for fifteen seconds. Soon after she bought the microphone back to her mouth, with the audience expecting that she'd thank them. However, that wasn't the case…

"PLEASE WELCOME THE HOSTS AND ACTS OF VHA MEHLODHIVESTOILE TWENTY-TWENTY!"

THE PARADE OF ACTS
Hosts of VM2020 - "The 12 Acts of VM2020"
Tune : Rednex - "Cotton Eye Joe"

There was a huge cheer as Alyxhia announced that the hosts and the acts of Vha Mehlodhivestoile would be on the stage in just a bit. Suddenly, in the middle of the arena where there was an island in the middle of the arena, Theodore Faucheux stood in the middle of the island stage wearing nothing but farm overalls, with one of the straps down by his side very similarly to this picture of a man that looks very similar to him. He wore a hat as well, like the one in the image with the cigarette. He was joined on the stage with male dancer, Jordan Younes-Smith and Georgina Forest both of whom you’ll find present in many of the performances tonight. They wore something similar to Theo, but a lot less sexual than the young male presenter. He started singing into the microphone to his face. He looked into the microphone and the two dancers danced behind him.

If we turned back a long time ago,
Twenty-nine acts, and three Semi shows
Six to the final and four sent home
For the two left, a flight to the North

So here we are in good ol'Alshkan
The top twelve and they're waiting for you
Should we all meet them and say "Hello"?
Come on producers, oh let 'em go

As he sang the line “oh let ‘em go”, Theo stood in the middle of the island with a strong pose as the dancers Jordan and Georgina turned to touch Theo on the sides that they were on, before tilting their heads as though they were infatuated by him. We moved out from the island stage that was at and moved over the main stage which had been transformed into what looked like a farmyard. Appearing from behind a haystack was the other male host, Cole Heiman wearing something a lot more traditional compared to the likes of Theo. As Cole Heiman started to sing, in front of him walked Martina Hacer with the camera focusing on her as she blew a kiss to the audience.

It's Act One, ready to "Bailando"?
Martina Hacer got you covered
Whether it's fast or even lento
She'll get you moving, she'll make you glow

The camera shot was then focused on Jun-iči and Ekkehard who were sitting next to the dancer and now butter-churner, Lukas Reece-Nicholls, who will also be present in songs coming up soon. Jordan was wearing something similar to Theo earlier, revealing quite a lot of skin. The pair were watching as Luke pressed the churned the butter in, gritting his teeth as he did it. The pair eventually looked up at the camera and mimicked the movements Lukas was doing before gritting their teeth in a hyperbolic way making many members of the audience giggle….

Act number two, it is "Exorcist"
It is Jun-iči and Ekkeheard
Both got the looks and both got the charm
But will they have any of your votes?

The beautiful Mini Surrey North stood in the middle of the upper deck of the stage wearing similar to this here as the camera took her from a lower angle. As she started singing, she put on a faux damsel in distress accent as she introduced Katie Reece-Boyst on the stage. She pointed in front of her as Katie walked past her. Katie got down with it when the camera was on her, dancing and piercing her lips during her time on camera...

Act number three, it is Katie Reece Boyst!
So who's gonna win? I'd love "Clarity"
Lucie featuring AY:KO is number four
But can they change the "Paradigm", oh they think so!

Lucie Dagenham and Ayden Koberg were the next to come onto the stage which they did and stood in the middle where Katie Reece Boyst was. Lucie and AY:KO stopped before looking at each other and then looking out to the audience. It was now time to introduce group TOULOUSE onto the stage, with it being time for Theo to be back on the screen. We saw TOULOUSE sitting on a haystack on different levels before Theo popped up from behind the stack, doing a little shoulder bop and shoulder sway as TOULOUSE danced along with him...

Fifth of the stage, it's "Secroussué"
Britonish song from the group TOULOUSE
Will they win your points? Will they succeed?
Or will you make them all get angry?

We kept on the same still as we did before, but this time, Krysten Phearson popped up from behind the haystack as well, now standing in front of Theo. With the pair now dancing with each other, moving from side to side in the opposite direction, though when Theo said “the top three”, Krysten looked shocked and gave him an up-and-down look.

Number six, she's "Not Giving In", no
Knocked out a-Rigas, this is your show.
You made the final, now here's the tea
Will you make it near to the top three?

We then move to Mini Surrey North who was standing with dancer, Sebastien Lumley-Sydenham at a makeshift bar alongside dancer Pauliana Shrewburry with the camera focusing on Mini who was the only one turned to face it. The camera moved to the side of the bar as Petre Lemetre came in shot, Mini turned around to receive the drink from Petre. Coming from the other side of the bar was Justs Prazeres, who handed Mini a packet of crisps. Mini smiled before turning back around. A camera picked her up with Justs and Petre on either side of her, as she finished off her sentence… she ran forwards out shot.

Now the second half, opened by Petre Lemetre
He wants to take us "Higher", oh boy, I say yes!
He's followed by Justs Prazeres, what a treat
His "Poison" got him poised to snatch the vict'ry

It was time for Cole to take the wheel once again as he introduced Kelsey Banques to the stage. Cole Heiman was standing next to a “horse” and as the camera panned up we saw Kelsey Banques mounted on the top of the “horse” who waved as though she was royalty. There was a shot of the whole stage as bright colours came from the stage. It was quite the scene from afar.

Stand back she is "Indestructible"
Kelsey is number nine on the show
The Britons love her, and I do too
But will she "Fall" to somebody new?

On the other side of the horse was Tobias who was on the floor by the hoof of the “horse” cleaning it off. Tobias looked up at the camera before smiling but after a while, he did an action to the camera as he wanted it to go away so he could continue cleaning the horses hoof.

And that could my boy Tobias!
Act ten and he's feeling much "Stronger"
You're all the lambs, he's the slaughterer
Watch out for him, don't vote another

During the break section here, all of the acts that we have seen including all of the dancers made their way to the main section of the stage. The dancers and hosts took centre stage as the nine dancers and hosts started line dancing together. The lights went crazy behind them as you could see the background being only blue with beams of lights coming from the back non-stop. You could hear the ten acts of Vha Mehlodhivestoile that were already announced shouting “Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!” as they watched the nine line dancing in a Semi-circle around them…

They all made way for KAYLEY as she comes walking on to the stage in the middle of the semi-circle. She danced with Petre Lemetre who was in the middle of the semi-circle before KAYLEY blew a kiss to the camera. Theo made his way to the middle and continued singing...

Act eleven, I am not done yet!
It's KAYLEY with her song "Beautiful"
Will she win this time? Oh, will she shine?
Or, again, will she get the 50?1

1 In reference to the 50k you win for being runner up, which she has already won.

There was then a wide angle shot of the whole arena as we saw two members of Shards of Diamonds running from either side of the sections that came out to the audience with the other member running down the middle. They all met in the middle of where they all linked arms, line dancing with one another. The other acts of Vha Mehlodhivestoile started shouting “Hey! Hey! Hey!” once again as there was another dance break.

Last but not least it's Shards of Diamonds
Girl group bigger than The Serpentents!
They got the moolah, (at) least in their show
Well, "Full of Surprises" is their song

So here we are in good ol'Alshkan
The top twelve and they're waiting for you
Who’s gonna win and be successful?
That’s up to you, it’s your time to vote!

Cole Heiman sang the song as the lights in the arena went down, with a large spotlight of all of the acts behind the hosts. The dancers split, with the three female dancers moving to one end of the semi-circle and the males on the right handside of the circle. After a while the song finished which caused a huge cheer in the arena. That most certainly was the most explosive opening to a Vha Mehlodhivestoile Grand Final ever witnessed. The hosts took a deep breath in as they all linked arms in the middle. Together they said;

"GOOD EVENING BRITONISEA, GOOD EVENING WORLD...

WELCOME TO THE GRAND FINAL OF VHA MEHLODHIVESTOILE 2020!!"
Last edited by Britonisea on Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

BVC | Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020 | The Grand Final

Postby Britonisea » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:10 pm

The Three Hosts of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020: Mini (centre) and Cole (right) will be the main hosts tonight, while Theo (left) will be down in the Greenroom, hosting online for those wanting behind the scenes gossip but for this first section, they were both all on the stage.

The audience were excitable after what was a long but upbeat opening to Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020. The three hosts stood in the middle of the stage as the dancers walked off leaving only the twelve acts behind the hosts. The hosts were still in their farm clothes that they wore for the Opening Act, with Cole and Mini helping Theo bring the strap of his farmer overalls up to stop exposing his chest on TV. After the audience started to laugh, the three hosts quickly buttoned Theo up before turning to the camera, all smiling to the eager audience waiting for them to start the usual proceedings.
Mini Surrey-North: You just can't keep it hidden in there, can you Theo?

Mini prods at Theo's chest as Theo starts to giggle as he is ticklish. The three hosts all laugh before Cole Heiman begins actually a bit more like how a host should act live on television.
Cole Heiman: Good Evening Britonisea once again and welcome to the Grand Final of the 5th edition of Vha Mehlodhivestoile. I'm Cole Heiman...

Mini Surrey North: I am Mini Surrey-North...

Theodore Faucheux: I am Theodore Faucheux, your online host...

Cole Heiman: And together we will be working as a team to get you through the evening of Britonish entertainment. The show is a humongous two and a half hours long and it is our mission to make sure that you're enjoying every second of it.

Mini Surrey-North: I am very sure they will Cole! 12 acts will be performing for their chance to win Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020 to become the 5th winner of the prestige Vha Mehlodhivestoile trophy and earn a place at the WorldVision Song Contest 81.

Theodore Faucheux: And for the act that comes second, they'll be sent to the World Hit Festival which is basically the same prize as the first prize, to be honest.

Cole Heiman: But there's a difference Theo as the winner will take home a huge sum of £150,000 BPS to help their career while second place will get £50,000. It's a huge sum and they all want it.

Mini Surrey North: All of the 12 participants have had a different experience getting here to the Vha Mehlodhivestoile stage. Some of them qualified directly to the Grand Final...

Cole Heiman: Some of them qualified to the Battle Stage and some of them were already pre-qualified to Ghiez...

Theodore Faucheux: And some other excelled in the year before and had a first class ticket straight to the finals of Vha Mehlodhivestoile.

The camera pointed at the Jun-iči Hoch & Ekkehard Liinamaa, the act who placed 3rd at last edition's Vha Mehlodhivestoile and therefore made their way straight to the Grand Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020. The camera switched back to the hosts of VM2020.
Cole Heiman: I think what we should do is have a quick look back at how all of the acts got to where they are...

We then went to a VT which showed all of the acts of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020 and their own individual journies to Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020...

THE TWELVE ACTS OF THE GRAND FINAL OF VM2020
Tune : Grooving Gecko - "Movie Trailer"

00:02 - As the music started, we saw images of Jun-iči Hoch & Ekkehard Liinamaa from last year performing their song on the WorldVision Song Contest stage in Polkopia back in '74 with the text showing beneath that, "Third Place 2019 - Direct Grand Finalists".

00:15 - As the song started to pick up, we saw a shot of the three arenas of the Semi-Finals. We were then taken into the arena of the first host city of Boschke that has bid to host the 81st WorldVision Song Contest. There, we saw KAYLEY and Justs Prazeres' performance and then them holding flowers at the end when they performed their winning songs.

00:24 - We then saw the same thing once again but this time we were in Doportedas for the second Semi-Final of the competition where Lucie Dagenham featuring AY:KO qualified alongside Tobias Noah. There was a shot of the three of them holding flowers at the end of the show too.

00:33 - It was time to show the footage from Semi-Final 3 in Quickenden, the birthplace of WorldVision in Britonisea. The winners from this Semi-Final was shown here; Kelsey Banques and Martina Hacer before showing them holding the flowers at the end of the show, clutching one another happily.

00:39 - As the music picked up speed, we then saw the last show to have happened - the Battle Stage - with all the qualifying acts being shown performing at every sound of the horns at th end. We then saw Krysten's face fade into black before logo for the Grand Final showed on the screen...

The audience cheered as we had reached the end of the clip. No longer on the stage was Theodore Faucheux who had started doing a livestream on Instagram where thousands of people watched him dancing around there. For fans of Vha Mehlodhivestoile from the countries that don't broadcast Vha Mehlodhivestoile, this was their outlet.
Mini Surrey-North: It's just you and me now, Cole! And for all of you wondering where Theo is, why don't you check out the official Vha Mehlodhivestoile instagram handle? He's providing the latest from there, speaking to all of the acts during the show especially when we aren't! So have this on the main, get him on the laptop and have your phone in your hand!

Cole Heiman: And you're going to need them in just a second as...

BOTH: THE VOTING LINES FOR VHA MEHLODHIVESTOILE 2020: THE GRAND FINAL ARE NOW OPEN!
There was a huge cheer in the audience as for those watching the TV at home, they were taken to the page where they'd all of the acts of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020 - The Grand Final and the voting information too...

Twelve acts in the Grand Final: Who is going to Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020? It's up to the International Juries and Britonish Televote and they don't usually ever agree...
Mini Surrey-North: You can vote via the Mehlodhivestoile 2020 app, or you can vote by calling 0141 2340 22 and the number of when your act is performing. You can also vote by texting "WIN" by texting 623 22 and then the number of your favourite act. For example, if you wanted to vote for act 1, it's 0141 2340 2201. Calls and texts cost 20p plus a service charge which is dependent on your provider.

Cole Heiman: Each call and text vote is equivalent to 4 app votes. You can vote an unlimited amount of times via call/text. Please ask the billpayer’s permission. Any votes after the closing of lines won’t count but you may still be charged. T&Cs can be found at http://www.bvc.com/mehves. You can vote via the free VM2020 app. You have a maximum of 12 free votes in total.

Mini Surrey-North: You will have until the end of all performances, a recap, and the international votes to vote for your favourite Vha Mehlodhivestoile song. You can decide to wait until the end or you can vote during. As with always, if you look at the number on the bottom of the screen, the brighter and lighter it gets, the more votes it's currently receiving!

Cole Heiman: Right, so we're 15 minutes into this shebang and I think it's time for the first act of the evening!

Mini Surrey-North: I most certainly agree with you there, Cole!

Cole Heiman: First up we have Martina Hacer with her song, "Bailando!" So...Mini...are you ready?

Mini Surrey-North: Let me compose myself....okay, yes...

BOTH: LET VHA MEHLODHIVESTOILE 2020 BEGIN!
The camera quickly moved outwards as we went to Martina Hacer who was standing backstage ready. We went to her postcard as she rushed onto the stage floor...

Britonisea
Powerbroker

01 | VM2020 | Martina Hacer - Bailando

Postby Britonisea » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:20 pm

Martina Hacer

"Bailando"
Tune: Eva Simons - Guaya (Radio Edit)
Necessary Information:
Composers: Abigail Steyn, Nivida Smith, Bella Short
Lyricists: Martina Hacer, Xalia Bates
Duration: 03:24

Martina Hacer, 24, performs for the first time ever in a Vha Mehlodhivestoile Grand Final after qualifying Direct to the Final from the 3rd Semi. She performs her song, "Bailando" written by an all-female team of Abigail Steyn, Nivida Smith, Bella Short, Xalia Bates and herself. When she last participated at Vha Mehlodhivestoile, back in 2017, Martina failed to qualify for either the Battle Stage or the Grand Final, so the fact that she did this time is a huge relief for her. The song has done relatively well in Britonisea as well as it made its way into the Official Britonish Top 40. After winning in Quickenden, she immediately took a plane to the Esto-Britonish city of Alshkan to start rehearsals to perform in front of a packed Alshkanite audience. She is looking forward to wowing the audience with her new and improved performance. In her Semi-Final, Martina received 12 points from two nations; Achaean Republic and Todlichebujoku and with both nations expected to vote in the Grand Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020, will she still receive their support with her new and improved performance? It's time to find out...

At the start of the song, there is absolute darkness as the lights waiting for the audience to calm down. As the audience gets the hint to be quiet, the figure of Martina Hacer walks from the upstage centre with fog rising from beneath her. There are purple lasers around her which brings out the effect even as she walked. At around eight seconds into the song, dancers started to run onto the stage as flashing lights is flickered from the front, with Martina's face being shown amongst the flickering of the light. As Martina starts to sing properly, she starts to dance in unison with the dancers which flank each side of her. Similarly to her own costume, she is wearing something loose and colourful. The staging throughout the performance is quite simplistic with the LED projecting solid colours into the arena, with the lights mimicking the colours from the LED throughout. Near to the end of the performance, Martina is raised into the air by the dancers that were once dancing around her, with her looking up at an aerial camera which was pointed at her. If she were to make it to either the WorldVision Song Contest or the World Hit Festival, she said the performance would be much bigger and a feast for the eyes...

Main Vocalist 1: Martina Hacer
Female Vocalist 1: Rigas Jengiz
Male Dancer 1: Sebastien Lumley-Sydenham
Male Dancer 2: Jordan Younes-Smith
Male Dancer 3: Lukas Reece-Nicholls
Female Dancer 1: Louisa Johnson-Paul
Female Dancer 2: Pauliana Shrewburry
Female Dancer 3: Georgina Forest

Lyrics from 01:57 to END:
Chico, you’ve got my attention
Sí, work your magic ‘pon my dance floor

Bailando (Bailando)
Bailando (Bailando)
Don’t stop, give me
Give me some more

Dance, Dance, Dance (Bailando)
Dance, Dance, Dance (wo-oh-oah)

You got me so hooked,
I'm begging for more.
Don't keep me waiting,
Baby, time waits for no man

What have you got planned?
Where are you going to me next-
You've got me 'till the morning,
Then after that, we're nothing

Chico, you’ve got my attention
Sí, work your magic ‘pon my dance floor

Bailando (Bailando)
Bailando (Bailando)
Don’t stop, give me
Give me some more

Dance, Dance, Dance (Bailando)
Dance, Dance, Dance (wo-oh-oah)

At the end of the performance, she flung her hands into the air with the sound of the audience cheering loudly. She blew a kiss out to the audience before thanking them, "Thank you so very much, everyone! Vote for song #1". She then followed everybody off the stage as the next act of the evening took place. The next act of the evening is Jun-iči Hoch & Ekkehard Liinamaa with their song, "Exorcist"

Britonisea
Powerbroker

02 | VM2020 | Jun-iči Hoch & Ekkehard Liinamaa - Exorcist

Postby Britonisea » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:25 pm

Jun-iči Hoch & Ekkehard Liinamaa

"Exorcist"
Tune: Breathe Carolina - Like This (Official Music Video)
Necessary Information:
Composers: Ekkehard Liinamaa, Mottekano Fujisava
Lyricists: Ekkehard Liinamaa, Mottekano Fujisava
Duration: 02:35

Jun-iči Hoch, 34 and Ekkehard Liinamaa, 29 are this year's Vha Mehlodhivestoile returning act, this time with their song, "Exorcist" which was the last song to be revealed. This year, they'll be performing in position #2 which is the slot reserved for returning artists in the Grand Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile, but unlike the past performances of returning Vha Mehlodhivestoile Grand Finalists, Jun-iči Hoch and Ekkehard Liinamaa are hoping that they'll have another shot at representing Britonisea at the upcoming WorldVision Song Contest, to repeat or maybe even better their silver placing at the 74th WorldVision Song Contest when they represented Britonisea there. For them, things have been different compared to the last time that they participated in Vha Mehlodhivestoile and different from the 28 other artists that have competed in the competition this year. While, by no means, they have been relaxing, they have not had to worry about qualifying to the Grand Final of the competition. In the case for Jun-iči Hoch & Ekkehard Liinamaa last year, they qualified for the Battle Stage in Semi-Final 1 which was a very difficult Semi. At the Battle Stage, as ruthless as it is, their fate was in the hands of ten jury members - but luckily for them, their song penetrated and they made it to the Grand Final. Interestingly, Jun-iči Hoch & Ekkehard Liinamaa won the Jury Vote in the Grand Final of VM2020 with 12 points clear of eventual winner Alyxhia Willis. Their win was looking more and more likely, but as the Britonish votes came in, their lead started to fade and by the time the last region voted, the pair was down in third. But it's fine as they've had this chance to go at it again with the intention to receive a much better reception from the Britonish public...

This would be only the second time the Britonish would have watched Jun-iči Hoch & Ekkehard Liinamaa performing on the stage, with all acts already having performed twice in front of a live audience. This would be the first time this year that the pair would be performing live in a competitive way and so in terms of the staging, the pair were really going for it. The Brito-Todlichebujoki, Jun-iči Hoch was the singer and was present on the stage. As the song started, the camera was focused was facing down towards the LED floors, before tracing its way up the legs and body of Jun-iči. Eventually, there was a mid-shot of the man looking into the cameras. The colours of Britonish red and Todlichebujoki blue pulsated between one another as the camera slowly moved outwards revealing the more of the scene as we got to the first chorus of the song as we saw the figure of Jun-iči in chains wrapped around his body with his clothes looking ripped and worn out. An intense row of strobe lights appeared from either side of Jun-iči's body (losely similar to Mariette in 2020, but brighter, more piercing, narrower lights were used) as the camera revealed the whole scene happening on the stage. At 00:46 seconds, along with the pitter-pattering of the drumsticks, the row of strobe lights flashed on and off in a random order with Jun-iči chained up in the middle of the light show that was happening on either side of him, bathed in white light. As he repeats the lines, "Send me a sign from an exorcist", large shadows appeared behind him with the camera moving itself to hover over him, making the shadows appear larger. At 01:57, as we reached the calmer part of the song, the camera moved outwards of the audience as Jun-iči became smaller and smaller on the stage, still tied up in chains...

Duration: 02:42
Main Vocalist: Jun-iči Hoch

Lyrics from 01:49 to END:
Breathing fire from a red-eyed kiss
Chasing shadows in a midnight mist
Tell me a lie to repent from this
Fled from on high claiming holiness
Send me a sign from an exorcist

Night after night in infernal bliss
Break me apart in a cruel twist
Tricked me again to desire this
Diamond hard chains round my feeble fist
Give me a cure from an exorcist

The audience came in with a huge cheer for Jun-iči Hoch & Ekkehard Liinamaa, an act Britonisea grew to love especially after their 2nd place in Polkopia at the 74th WorldVision Song Contest. The pair thanked the audience, urging them to vote for Song #2 - could they represent Britonisea at the WorldVision Song Contest again? Up next is performance number three, Katie Reece-Boyst performing "Clarity"...

Britonisea
Powerbroker

03 | VM2020 | Katie Reece-Boyst - Clarity

Postby Britonisea » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:30 pm

Katie Reece-Boyst

"Clarity"
Tune: Marina Kaye - The Whole 9 (Official Music Video)
Necessary Information:
Composers: Katie Reece-Boyst, George Basset, Zeke Quincey, Gina Salah
Lyricists: Katie Reece-Boyst, Dean Boyst
Duration: 03:25

Katie Reece-Boyst, 21, is the first of the international acts that had to go through the Battle Stage to perform tonight. Katie Reece-Boyst is participating with her song "Clarity" that was co-written by George Basset, Zeke Quincey, Gina Salah and her husband, Dean Boyst. Her and Dean married young as they thought that they were soulmates with one another and so he put a ring on it as soon as possible. Dean has had good success with Vha Mehlodhivestoile and went on to win the 37th World Hit Festival with his Vha Mehlodhivestoile song and he is hoping that for this song that he wrote with Katie, he could win this contest before going on to win the WorldVision Song Contest. Katie is new to performing in front of an audience as big as this one. It is expected that 17 million households (some 36 million people) in Britonisea alone, discounting the millions of people that watch from countries all around the Multiverse. Katie Reece-Boyst had her first glimpse of the immense pressure that comes from performing in front of an audience during the Battle Stage, but she said that she felt much calmer performing because she wasn't receiving votes from the public and felt less pressured. For her upcoming performance at the Grand Final, however, her performance she will do tonight will make or break her career in the country. The Scotatrovan Jury voted in favour for this song to be sent over Britonish favourite Tyler Wagner. Will she gain points from the Britons? Time will tell!

At the start of the song, the camera was facing the LED screen which had a large metronome on it. As the metronome went from left to right, the camera moved slowly backwards, not revealing much of what was on the stage. The fog started to fill the bottom of the stage as another shot of Katie Reece-Boyst was next on the list. She stood there wearing a long black veil-like dress. There were four dancers on the stage, all-male, who stood in front of her and behind her in a trapezoid with her in the centre. A steadicam started to circle around the trapezoid of people. The men weren't wearing shirts, but wearing trousers. They looked as though the clay or chalk was rubbed all over them. They stood in one position, statue-like as only Katie reacted with the camera. The screens and general lighting in the arena was crazy and smokey. As we moved to the chorus, the dancers jumped into the air before doing a series of movements in canon from each other. As we finished the first chorus, there was a shot of the whole stage as all of the dancers stopped immediately. The stage went dark as the LED turned into flames behind her. Under a spotlight, she started to sing to the audience. The spotlight wasn't constantly on and by the end of the verse, the spotlight changed colour as we had a far shot of the whole stage with mirror panels facing Katie on either side. There was a shot of Katie looking into the mirrors, with her body being repeated as the mirror reflects the other one behind her. The dancers danced around her looking at her in the mirror as they began to dance more frantically.

Main Vocalist: Katie Reece-Boyst
Female Vocalist 1: Sarah Pingett
Male Dancer 4: Edward Holland

Lyrics from 01:36 to END:
You're undefined, you're a mystery
Please tell me what you're hiding
Oh I need some clarity
I’m in shock, disbelief.
I’ve read you from start to end
And yet I still need clarity

Why is it difficult?
Let me in, let me explore
Do not shut me out, do not leave me behind (oh no)
I wanna know what you're thinking
Wanna know where your head is
Because I need to know where I stand with you

Do not turn your back on me boy,
Let me help you, come, tell me more
Tell me why's it so difficult...

You're undefined, you're a mystery
Please tell me what you're hiding
Oh I need some clarity
I’m in shock, disbelief.
I’ve read you from start to end
And yet I still need clarity

Why is it difficult?
Let me in, let me explore
Do not shut me out, do not leave me behind (oh no)
I wanna know what you're thinking
Wanna know where your head is
Because I need to know where I stand with you

Once the song was complete, she stood in the middle of the stage as the four men were around her standing strong in position. She let out a small smirk as the camera tracked further and further away from the audience. The audience came in with a cheer, "Thank you, Britonisea!" Up next is the fourth act of the evening from Lucie Dagenham featuring AY:KO, "Paradigm"!

Britonisea
Powerbroker

04 | VM2020 | Lucie Dagenham ft AY:KO - Paradigm

Postby Britonisea » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:30 pm

Lucie Dagenham ft AY:KO

"Paradigm"
Tune: KEiiNO - Dancing in the smoke (official music video)
Necessary Information:
Composers: Sandra Nicholls, Geraldine Crossways, AY:KO
Lyricists: Tallulah Cross, Lucie Dagenham, Ciara Willis
Duration: 03:15

Lucie Dagenham, 29 will be singing the song "Paradigm" featuring AY:KO who is also present on the track. Initially, it was only supposed to be Lucie Dagenham on the track but she felt as though a male voice was needed and so with that, she brought AY:KO to help fill the track out a lot more, making the performance a lot more dynamic. Lucie Dagenham, however, has had experience on the WorldVision Song Contest stage. Like a few of the other participants of Vha Mehlodhivestoile this year, she has already represented her country and she did very well, coming 4th place with 124 points which is one of Britonisea's largest points haul. Lucie Dagenham was initially supposed to represent Britonisea at the 66th WorldVision Song Contest but due to family issues, her participating was held back until the 68th edition where she still performed very well. Lucie Dagenham and AY:KO performed last in the 2nd Semi-Final, qualifying directly to the Grand Final where she received twelve points from Scotatrova. The question now is whether they will receive any more 12 points in the Grand Final?

Lucie Dagenham ft AY:KO were performing 4th in the Grand Final which meant that they were immediately before a break, giving stage personnel some more time to move stage equipment off and on the stage. At the start of the song, there were poles of lights that were lowered from the rigs at the top. They all shone brightly, glowing in the darkness as Lucie Dangenham made her way to the stage. She started singing the song, with a shaky camera making its way to her. There was then a few seconds on a female dancer at the end of the left catwalk, dancing an contemporary dance style. The camera tilted on its axis as we watched her dance. We then focused on Lucie as AY:KO made an appearance with him being blurry until he met Lucie centre stage. The pair swayed together as the camera bounced back and forwards between the pair and the contemporary dancer. During the chorus, there was a wide shot of the arena as loads of colours exploded onto the stage. As we moved into the next verse of the song, we moved to the other catwalk as another female dancer was dancing in contemporary fashion as well. Similarly to what happened in the first verse, they came moved between Lucie and AY:KO and the dancer as we moved closer to the second chorus, the camera shot flickered between them. The glow sticks that were dangling from the top of the arena glowed in different colours throughout the whole performance...

Main Female Vocalist: Katie Reece-Boyst
Main Male Vocalist: AY:KO

Female Dancer 1: Louisa Johnson-Paul
Female Dancer 2: Georgina Forest

Lyrics from 01:39 to END:

Why are people telling me how I should act, oh?
They all should worry ‘bout themselves
I am just being myself, myself

We have got to break the paradigm, I
Do not know how but we will
If we all put our heads together, we will
Succeed, I know
I know we will make a change

(Breakeions vhe paradigm fi helpeiese'et ydohater
Breakeions vhe paradigm fi helpeiese'et
Fi helpeiese'et ydohater
Fi helpeiese'et ydohater
Breakeions vhe paradigm fi helpeiese'et)

I...got a lot of hope our generation
I...got hope for all of us, yeah,
Got hope for everyone!

We have got to break the paradigm, I
Do not know how but we will
If we all put our heads together, we will
Succeed, I know
I know we will make a change

(Breakeions vhe paradigm fi helpeiese'et ydohater
Breakeions vhe paradigm fi helpeiese'et
Fi helpeiese'et ydohater
Fi helpeiese'et ydohater
Breakeions vhe paradigm fi helpeiese'et)

We will break the paradigm, if you help me fight
We will break the paradigm if you help me
If you help me fight
if you help me fight
We will break the paradigm if you help me

At the end of the song, Lucie and AY:KO stood as AY:Ko wrapped his arms around Lucie. The pair of them jumped in the air and celebrated their performance together, "Thank you all!" they said one after each other, "Vote song number four!" they shouted as we moved to the Greenroom fora break.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

BVC | Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020 | Intermission 1

Postby Britonisea » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:55 pm

As Lucie Dagenham ft AY:KO finished performing, the audience carried on cheering as the ident of VM2020 showed on the screen. We then went over to the Greenroom where all of the acts were at the moment. Standing in the Greenroom were Mini Surrey-North and Cole Heiman, sitting in between Martina Hacer's delegation and Jun-iči Hoch & Ekkehard Liinamaa who sat with Mottekano Fujisava.
Cole Heiman: Wow! Thank you very much to Lucie Dangeham featuring AY:KO in that banger of a track, "Paradigm". So far four acts have performed their songs. They may never perform their songs again in a competitive way.

Mini Surrey-North: Though despite this, we have listened to four songs ALL within a chance of winning the 5th edition of Vha Mehlodhivestoile and I am so, so very excited to find out who will win the competition.

Cole Heiman: Now do not forget to download the app of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020 where you will have 12 free votes, I repeat, 12 free votes! You can vote now, you can vote after all the acts have performed, or even last minute right after the International Jury votes come in!

Mini Surrey-North: Exactly. So far we have received millions of votes, and not just for the four that have already performed!
The audience made an "oooo" sound with the camera gliding over the packed Halvenhavlve Arena. The two hosts laughed before they continued speaking.
Cole Heiman: Right...Mini, I wonder why our friend Theo is? Should we have a look for him?

Mini Surrey-North: Absolutely, we will go and search for him. In the meantime, everyone, enjoy four more performances of the twelve songs of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020.

We saw the ident for Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020 once again before we went to the postcard of Act #5 for TOULOUSE!

Britonisea
Powerbroker

05 | VM2020 | TOULOUSE - Secroussué

Postby Britonisea » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:55 pm

TOULOUSE

"Secroussué"
Tune: SHANGUY - Toukassé (Official Video)
Necessary Information:
Composers: James Patel, Scott Williamson
Lyricists: James Patel, Aaliyah Aatkani, Scott Williamson
Duration: 03:26

James Patel (left of image), 26, Aaliyah Aatkani (middle), 27 and Scott Williamson (right of image), 28 make up the group TOULOUSE who will be singing the Brito-English song, "Secroussué" at the Grand Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile. Their song represents the third year in a row where a song that has a Britonish title made the Grand Final of the competition, but there journey wasn't as straight forward as others who have competed. TOULOUSE were in a difficult Semi-Final as they had to compete against the likes of Etela Tomac, Lucie Dagenham and Rigas Jengiz though, they were given 4th position in the running order which is seen to be a sign of good luck. TOULOUSE was up against Axuvian Cyrus Yi in the Battle Stage with the Mercedinians responsible for choosing whether TOULOUSE or Cyrus Yi would make it through to the Grand Final. While both songs were like by the wider public and by the Jury, it seemed as though the Mercedinians have no issue with picking TOULOUSE as the winner of the Battle Stage against Cyrus and so they made it through to the next round - the Grand Final. The song received two sets of 12 points from the International Jury in the Semi-Finals from Polkopia and Togonistan. Will either nation sort to give TOULOUSE their 12 points once again? We will see...

The song was quite a popular song in Britonisea, especially in the North. The group thought that if they improved the staging from what they already had, they could try and get the South to like the song much more. The scene at the start of the song was something similar to this in terms of setting and costume. She was in a box (a la Malta 2019) as the lights in the arena turned to a deep pink colour with similar poles to what was used in the song before this one. The roses were also present too. At the start of the song, the camera slowly zoomed into the scene, never being too far away to ruin the audience's experience of being inside of a room. The audience didn't know that the box was split in three different ways, with the main section facing Aaliyah, but the other sections facing the sides and back. The large room like boxes were placed at the end of the middle catwalk so that all members of TOULOUSE had a crowd to perform to (if they used the main stage, the men would be performing to the LED screen). As we moved to the pre-chorus, there was a shot from the top of the box as we saw how it was split three ways between James, Aaliyah and Scott. As Aaliyah sang the lyrics "for me", all members of the group looked up towards the camera that was pointing down at them. Moving on to the chorus, the camera would go from Aaliyah to the other men frequently with the cameras jittering from side to side and with on screen graphics too, similar to the ones used in this music video. The speed in which the video cuts from one scene to another mirrors what is happening during the performance. In the section before the next verse, the camera moves downwards to darkness as we move upwards to James Patel's side of the box. He winks at the camera as he starts hitting the desk in front of him. As Aaliyah starts to sing once again, the shot of James minimised with Aaliyah and James now sharing a split-screen. At around 02:20 in the song, The splitscreen between Aaliyah and James has minimised again as Scott now enters the image, taking up 50% of the screen. He is dancing with a trumpet in his hand and as the trumpet solo came in, the shot was 100% of him. As we moved to the bridge section, the camera moved up from box to the lights at the top of the arena which, during the time, gave the men time to run and join Aaliyah in the main box. The three of them danced together as the camera came back to them...

Main Female Vocalist: Aaliyah Aatkani
Male Male Vocalist: Scott Williamson

I didn’t want to cause a scene
Didn’t want you to feel sorry... for me
Come on, can’t we just make amends?
Oh what happened to forgive and ..forget

Crusé v’airde secrousser, secrousser, secrousser
Creé vhe gens crier, gens crivé, gens crivé
Creé vhis desordre, desordre, desordre
Crusé vhe dusche wokar,
Forgive me, s’il vous plait, yeah?
Secroussué, Secroussué

You underestimate me (Secroussué)
And you that think I won't bite back (Secroussué)
I guess that is more fool you (Secroussué)
If you turn away, don't come back

Crusé v’airde secrousser, secrousser, secrousser
Creé vhe gens crier, gens crivé, gens crivé
Creé vhis desordre, desordre, desordre
Crusé vhe dusche wokar,
Forgive me, s’il vous plait, yeah?
Secroussué, Secroussué

I caused the ground to shake, to shake, to shake
I made the people cry, people cried, people cried
I made this mess, mess, mess
I caused the death to awaken,
Forgive me please, yeah?
Earthquake, Earthquake

The lights went down as the audience came in with a huge cheer at the end. Aaliyah smiled before thanking the audience on behalf of the group, "Thank you all so very much! Thank you!"

Britonisea
Powerbroker

06 | VM2020 | Krysten Phearson - Not Giving In

Postby Britonisea » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:00 pm

Krysten Phearson

"Not Giving In"
Tune: Alanis Morissette - Reasons I Drink
Necessary Information:
Composers: Kirsty Chairman, William Forest, Jayden Holland, Erika Yule
Lyricists: Krysten Phearson, Erika Yule, Sarah-Anne Baker
Duration: 03:29

Krysten Phearson, 36, is the oldest participant of Vha Mehlodhivestoile tonight and she will be singing her song, "Not Giving In". She originally comes from Nightom, who isn't that well known for its music scene. Unlike many nations though, Nightom managed to win the WorldVision Song Contest at the 55th edition which is forgotten by many. Krysten applied to participate in Vha Mehlodhivestoile due to its popularity around ABEN and how the song contest was getting much larger. Krysten didn't think she'd get accepted, but in the end, she did and off to Ghiez she went. Ghiez is located on Ghiezland which is Britonisea's most Eastern point, sitting about Nightom and so Krysten didn't have far to travel. There she met Rigas Jengiz in the Battle Stage - a very famous Briton that she thought in her mind she stood no chance against. The Estogian Jury voted, though, to keep her in over Rigas Jengiz. The likes of Olah Ruah and Zala Marelli voted in favour of Krysten. There is uncertainty of how well Krysten will do in the Grand Final as her song has yet to face the International Juries and Britonish Televote. Will she be able to pull another shocker and win the whole thing?

Krysten Phearson was about to perform on the stage of VM2020 for the second time ever live on television and she was absolutely terrified. She didn't know the public would respond to her after she kicked Rigas Jengiz out of the competition. She made her way to the stage standing behind a microphone stand - the first we've seen tonight. Most acts tend to go for holding the microphone in their hands. But not Krysten. For people who liked the song, they liked the older theme, a more mature theme in the song that wasn't present in much of the others. At the start of the song, you could see Krysten singing into the microphone, wearing something similar to this. The camera was right in front of her as she sang into it. Unlike the songs before and after her, the song didn't have any special effects - it was a straightforward performance which...amongst the craziness of Vha Mehlodhivestoile is a breath of fresh air. As she came to the chorus, hues of purple flashed up on the stage as she flicked her hair back, belting the line, "Oh I Cry". She held the microphone stand as she moved her head back slightly. She took a deep breath as she continued singing the rest of the chorus. As she sang the "wooo" bit during the end of the chorus, she got everyone to clap along with her. She then moved into the next verse, with the LED screen in the back showing images of her when she was younger. There was a wide shot of the stage, with the purple mixing with the pictures of her when she was younger. The performance was quite the emotional one. As we approached the chorus again, the same thing happened as the last time. There was another shot as white light was introduced with the purple to make the stage seem brighter. During the bridge section, there was a lonesome spotlight just on her. A steadicam was rushed on the stage as Krysten leaned up against the microphone stand as she intimately sang the bridge, closing her eyes as she did. As the steadicam left the stage, we went into the final chorus with the backing singers all joining her on the stage. They all stood next to one another, looking at each other as they sang. They bopped from side to side together as well as a golden shower fell from behind them.

Duration: 03:36
Main Vocalist: Krysten Phearson
Female Vocalist 1: Jessica Feline
Female Vocalist 2: Perri-Anne Drews
Female Vocalist 3: Alanis Moretti
Male Vocalist 1: Barry Waistmain

Lyrics from 01:47 to END:
What should I do?
Trying my best,
There’s no manual on how to live.

Oh I cry,
Every night before I sleep, I’ve have told no one (ooh oh oh no)
No I’m not giving in,
I won’t give my haters the leverage they want.

Woahhh-ohhhh!
Woahhh-ohhhh!

I used to blame myself, I thought I made myself so sad
It took a long time to see that wasn't the case
I used to sit in the rain all by myself, getting all sick
Who knew I that I was only
Hurting myself beyond repair

Oh I cry,
Every night before I sleep, I have told no one (ooh oh oh no)
No I’m not giving in,
I won’t give my haters the leverage they want.

Woahhh-ohhhh!
Woahhh-ohhhh!

At the end of the song, Krysten clutched the microphone and smiled. She bowed her head before saying, "Thank you all, I am not giving in. Don't give in" before she walked off the stage. It was now time for the performance from Petre...

Britonisea
Powerbroker

07 | VM2020 | Petre Lemetre - Higher

Postby Britonisea » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:00 pm

Petre Lemetre

"Higher"
Tune: Jaagup Tuisk - Legendid Oma Loos
Necessary Information:
Composers: T:Rodden, Jayden Christopher, Georgina Ashes, Ciara Hillingdon-Wales
Lyricists: Petre Lemetre, Klara Fiona
Duration: 04:11

Petre Lemetre, 23, is the person - alongside Mya Richardson, to have made the most appearances at Vha Mehlodhivestoile, participating four times out of the last five editions that have happened. Petre has performed on the stage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile a total of seven times before, with this Grand Final performance that he's about to do being performance number eight. That makes him the person to have performed the most on the stage ever at the contest and so for him, while he still gets nervous before he reaches the stage, he is very used to the process behind Vha Mehlodhivestoile. He is confident with his performance, even adding a touch of Britonish during the bridge hoping to appeal to a wider audience in Britonisea as he tries to gain Britonish support to finally make his way to the WorldVision Song Contest or World Hit Festival. He has said that he will not stop participating at Vha Mehlodhivestoile until he places in the top 2 in the Grand Final. For Petre, the journey hasn't been easy. In 2016, Petre failed to qualify to either the Battle Stage or Grand Final, but since, in 2017 he made it to the Battle Stage (where he was knocked out), then the Grand Final in 2018. With it seeming as though there's an upward trajectory for the 23-year-old, he's hoping that the 2020 edition of Vha Mehlodhivestoile will be much more fruitful than the past editions he's been in. Achaean Republic was the Jury that decided Petre should go through to the Grand Final, as seven out of nine members (78%) thought that his song was better than Leo Marshall-Hunte's, "You've Got Me". Will Petre be "Higher" than the rest of his competitors at the VM Grand Final? Let's see...

Petre's performance was by far the longest performance of the 12 Grand Finalists and so for Petre, it was about keeping the viewers entertained for the four minutes that he was on the stage. He thought that the song was entertaining enough, but he wanted to make sure that the staging was just as good. As the audience was ready for the song, the pumping sounds of the drums woke the stage up - and the audience, with a huge roaring sound being heard. A camera that was pointed on some drums that were being drummed (a la Hungary 2016) before panning downwards slightly, to someone else playing the instrument that you could hear before Petre started singing. The camera moved over to Petre was wearing jeans and a dark green shirt. Slightly bending his knees and with the microphone blocking his mouth, looking deep into the camera with his hands slightly out towards it, he was singing directly to those sitting at home. In the back, on the screens, it looked as though they were in the middle of a forest of some sort. As the camera moved away from the stage in the run-up to the first chorus, we could see more of the stage with the whole set up being almost jungle-like. The camera in the middle of the arena on the track moved from the left-hand side to the right of the arena as we saw him with the two other people on the stage. Whenever Petre sang the words "Let me take you higher", there would be a close-up of him which slowly moved into his face which had a wide smile plastered over it. As we moved into the second chorus, suddenly you could hear a lot more voices singing, which made the song feel much more wholesome. There was a shot of the drummer hitting against the cymbals as they became a prominent feature in the second chorus. Upon the sounds of brass instruments came in at around 02:35, people started to descend onto the stage with smoke coming from behind them, similarly to the album cover of the RL song. With him standing in the middle, suddenly all of these people started to run around him, with there being many aerial shots to watch this happening. The lights were flickering as this was happening. Nearer the end of the bridge section, they all stood in position, clapping as practised creating a polyphonic rhythm with their hands. We then went into the final chorus of the song....

Duration: 02:42
Main Vocalist: Jun-iči Hoch

Lyrics from 02:06 to END:
I look back at how far I have come
I wanna keep on going, I won’t stop
And I insist you join my journey
Just you and me - the way it should be
Let me take you higher!

I know you're ready,
I see it in your eyes, you’re eager
Take a leap of faith, you will see
The whole world and all of its beauty

(Ohhhh-ohhhhh) Let me take you higher!

Tandemme!
Conmre aveçieme'et endaus, hey! (Ohhhh-ohhhhh)
You've got, you've got one chance
Conmre aveçieme'et endaus, hey! (Ohhhh-ohhhhh)
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah

I look back at how far I have come (Conmre aveçieme'et endaus, hey!)
I wanna keep on going, I won’t stop (Ohhhh-ohhhhh)
And I insist you join my journey (Conmre aveçieme'et endaus, hey!)
Us - hand-in-hand, the way it should be (Ohhhh-ohhhhh!)

Let me take you higher!
I know you're ready,
I see it in your eyes, you’re eager
Take a leap of faith, you will see
The whole world and all of its beauty
Let me take you higher!

(Ohhhh-ohhhhh) Let me take you higher! (Let me take you higher!)
Tandemme = Finally
Conmre aveçieme'et endaus, hey! = Come with me today, hey!

At the end of the song, all of the dancers stood in close proximity all around Petre Lemetre, all with their hands in the air as they swayed from side-to-side as the finished singing the last two "Let me take you higher"s. At the end of the song, Petre Lemetre belted the last "higher" before the lights turned golden. The audience cheered robustly for the Vha Mehlodhivestoile veteran. He smiled widely as he finished the song with a strong ending. He was happier than he had ever been before. He jumped in the air before being pulled down by his team who pulled him in for a hug, "Thank you all, thank you so much!!!" he screamed into the microphone, "Vote Higher!"

Britonisea
Powerbroker

08 | VM2020 | Justs Prazeres - Poison

Postby Britonisea » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:05 pm

Justs Prazeres

"Poison"
Tune: Isaac Dunbar - isaac's insects
Necessary Information:
Composers: Jayden Christopher, Paula Banks, William Cross
Lyricists: Jacob Enterprise, Zeke Simmons, Atekon Shipton
Duration: 03:35

Justs Prazeres, 26, is hoping that he will represent Britonisea for the second time at the WorldVision Song Contest after a break of 32 editions at the contest. Justs Prazeres, if he were to go to the WorldVision Song Contest, will not be the only returning act to the contest either with the likes of Kalosia sending a veteran to the competition too. Justs Prazeres came 6th with 96 points at the 49th WorldVision Song Contest which took place in Prescott, Electrum. At the time, Justs scored the best result for a male who represented Britonisea and held that record for 15 editions until Taron Woods won the 64th WorldVision Song Contest. As Taron Woods enters the 17th edition as the best-scoring Britonish male, Justs Prazeres wants to put an end to that by representing the nation at the 81st WorldVision Song Contest. Justs Prazeres has a reputable team behind him at the 5th Vha Mehlodhivestoile and most notably on his time is Jayden Christopher who won Vha Mehlodhivestoile last year and has led to many top 2 results for the nation at the WorldVision Song Contest. A song written by Jayden Christopher is bound to be a top-scorer. Compared to his song at the 49th WorldVision Song Contest, "Poison" is a darker song which, he says, is like "Marmite, you either love it or you hate it" but he is hoping that many nations will love his contribution. In the Semi-Final, Justs Prazeres received twelve points from Achaean Republic. Will Achaean Republic reward him with the 12 again? Let's find out together...

His performance was one of the darkest of the stagings of the night and definitely one of the most intricate. His song started almost immediately with there being only three seconds of introduction before he started to sing. He wore mostly back, loose clothing as there was a medium close-up on him. The camera moved slowly outwards as he got more into the song. Between the breaks in which he didn't sing, holographic figures appeared behind him with the camera blinking into focus and out of focus. As we moved into the choruses, more happened on the stage as these figures were more visible and frequent. Justs stood where he was as the fog beneath him grew thicker and thicker throughout the song. During the "bridge section" (01:48) as someone else spoke over Justs' performance, he turned around with his back facing the audience. In front of him (behind Justs now for the audience), there seemed to be a door made from the LEDs which was white - almost symbolic of the door to heaven. Smoke billowed from the "door" but as he took a few steps towards it (02:06), these holographic figures started to appear behind him with the camera shot becoming more and more distorted. At 02:30, Justs turned around as he felt with of the holograms touching him, and took a deep breath in. He stomped his feet on the ground as the camera quickly zoomed outwards, jumping from all angles of the arena being - with all these camera shots merging into one another representing the confusion of his mind. As further-away shots were shown, you could see white material being flung from the rigs in the arena behind him as fans blew from in front of Justs along with blindingly white light in what was a stark difference from the two-thirds of the song...

Duration: 03:35
Main Vocalist: Justs Prazeres
Male Vocalist 1: Jordan Johansen

Tell me, did you love him or was it fake?
Do you feel any guilt or are you relieved?
Why did you not love him? He is perfect...

His heart, it’s liquorice black
Clogged with your poison, death awaits
He's relieved to leave this life behind,
Forget what you helped destroy.
He can’t wait, can’t wait
End it all now for him
Pray for him, Pray for him

I wish I was happier,
I wish I wasn’t hurt this much, yeah
I wish I knew how love felt
I wish that I was normal

How could you be so heartless?
You didn't care, left me for dead (I)
Was topped up with your poison

No, No....

Tell me, did you love him or was it fake?
Do you feel any guilt or are you relieved?
Why did you not love him? He was perfect...

As the song finished, he took a large breath and stretched his arms outwards, looking up at the roof of the arena. As the audience came in with a huge roar, he smiled and looked down towards the audience. He put his hands together and bowed while saying, "Merci Brityunik! Thank you! Vote number eight! Vote!"

Britonisea
Powerbroker

BVC | Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020 | Intermission 2

Postby Britonisea » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:25 pm

The audience loved Justs Prazeres very much and so gave Justs a very large and long applause as the VM2020 ident was shown on the screen. It was time for another intermission and this time we were located in the Fan Zone where third host, Theodore Faucheux was located. There was a camera that followed Cole and Mini from behind them as they made their way to the Fan Zone....

Cole Heiman: So what we are going to do now is go and surprise Theo. He knows that we will come and surprise him during the show at some point but he has absolutely no idea when we are going to... I mean come on, it's a 2 and a half-hour show...

Mini Surrey-North: We know now that he is in the Fan Zone but we're unsure as to where in the Fan Zone he is located...

The Fan Zone is a large hall which is located nearby to the arena - a stone throw away. Inside the Fan Zone are two huge LED to show the contest for people who couldn't get tickets to the Grand Final or prefer this scene. There are lights which react to the music playing as well to add to the atmosphere. Unlike in the arena where you're not allowed to bring hot drinks and snacks, and only certain types of equipment, the Fan Zone (similarly to the Junterapten Pre-Party) has food stalls around the side of the Zone where you can grab a hot dog if you're feeling peckish or a hot drink as we go later into the night. It's a large space. As Mini said that last line, Cole Heiman went off to ask some fans in the Fan Zone where Theo was, with them pointing to the main stage.

Cole Heiman: (*off camera*) Oh right, okay, yep. Great. (*to Mini and the viewers at home*) Okay, he's on the Main Stage...watching us...searching for him, I just realised!

Both Cole and Mini look into the camera before waving at it. As the pair turned to wave at the screens, the tall figure of Theodore Faucheux came up right behind them, tapping them both on the back with his phone in one hand and a huge hot dog in the other. The pair of them jumped before realising it was Theo.
Mini Surrey-North: Oh Theo! Why did you scare us like that! Anyway, we missed you in the main Arena and wanted to know the latest goss from here in the Fan Zone!
Theodore held out his phone, with him, Cole and Mini all in the frame for the thousands of people watching the Instagram Livestream. Theo started speaking;
Theodore Faucheux: (*to Instagram Livestream*) And there's are the two main hosts, Cole and Mini! (*to hosts and the viewers at home*) It has been fantastic in the Fan Zone, I'm having so much fun! There's free food, there's amazing sound quality and everyone is so friendly! Honestly, for the viewers in the arena, try and get tickets to the Fan Zone - it's great!

Mini Surrey-North: Oh wow! Hey, Cole, I think we should stay here for a little while...maybe during the next song...?

Cole Heiman: I am all for it! Viewers at home, enjoy song number 9, Kelsey Banques with her song, "Indestructible"! Give us a bite, Theo!
As Theo held the hot dog up to the mouth of Cole Heiman, Cole took a huge bite of the hot dog. We then saw the ident for VM2020 before going to the postcard of Kelsey Banques...

Britonisea
Powerbroker

09 | VM2020 | Kelsey Banques - Indestructible

Postby Britonisea » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:30 pm

Kelsey Banques

"Indestructible"
Tune: Dotter - Bulletproof (Official Audio)
Necessary Information:
Composers: Aaliyah Banques, Martia Sampson, Delia Fox-Smith, Susanne Barker
Lyricists: Beatrice Williamson, Zara Holland
Duration: 03:06

Kelsey Banques, 20, along with Tobias, are the youngest solo acts of the night but that doesn't stop Kelsey from being one of the favourites to win Vha Mehlodhivestoile. For the past few years, Kelsey has made a name for herself in Britonisea which was certainly helped by her performance at Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018 when she placed 3rd. She decided not to participate last year at Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019 even though she had received the Automatic Grand Finalist card. Instead, she went on to represent Britonisea at the 66th WorldVision Song Contest in Telm City where she came 2nd place with 129 points behind eventual winners, Todlichebujoku. Kelsey Banques loved representing her country and never thought that her song, "Run" would touch as many people as it actually did. She felt as though she needed to come back to Vha Mehlodhivestoile as she believed that she had unfinished business with the National Final. Kelsey Banques qualified directly to the Grand Final for the 2nd time after performing eighth in the final Semi-Final. Ahead of the Grand Final, she stated that she was very nervous for the performance as she wanted it to go right and she wanted people to like the staging that she had improved since her Semi-Final performance. Kelsey Banques received 12 points from Izmedu, Scotatrova and Besen in the Semi-Final and with these nations voting in the Grand Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile, will Kelsey stand "Indestructible" to her 11 other competitors?

As soon as the song started, it was time for Kelsey to start singing. Kelsey was given the slot after the break to give the stage personnel more time to prepare the staging for her. She, similarly to the performance that had just gone from Justs, had quite an intricate stage too. Behind her was this curved wall which had hundred of misshapen pieces of glass stuck to it. Due to the dark staging, the curved wall wasn't visible but would be instrumental later on in the song. Kelsey stood centre stage in front of the curved wall wearing a suit which seemed to be only in one light colour. A projector shone images on her (similar to Estonia 2018/Wiktoria - Save Me) as she followed the camera with her eyes during the first verse. As we moved to the first chorus, Kelsey dipped her head forward at the sound of the drumbeat (a la Dotter) as her locks followed the motion of her hair. Kelsey moved her hair out of the way of her face by making a circular motion of her left hand over her head, tucking her hair to her left side over her shoulder. During the second verse, red lasers started pointing at her, making its way across her body, filling her suit up with red ink as though someone was colouring it. At the start of the second verse, she dipped her head once more as the lights suddenly turned white as she did this. When she stood back up, the lasers were pointed towards the misshapen glass wall behind her, as she took a step back into the curved wall. The lasers moved its way across her body and along the curved glass wall, creating a spectacular prism effect from afar. Lens blur on the cameras emphasised the lighting effect that was being used in Kelsey's performance, but the camera directions were rather calm compared to the two performances which sandwiched Kelsey's performance...

Duration: 03:06
Main Vocalist: Kelsey Banques
Female Vocalist 1: Aaliyah Banques
Female Vocalist 2: Frida Grover

I’m unbreakable, Indestructible (hoo-hoo)
Do your worst, try and tear me down at my strongest
I’ve climbed all hills and mountains,
I’ve reached the top on my own,
No one can tell me I can't cope alone.

I dare you, come and take me on if you are brave
I’ve swum through strong tsunamis
Reached the shore all in one piece

Whatever you have got planned, I am ready

Yes, sometimes I do feel lonely,
And feel like time's moving slowly.
There's one person I can trust,
And it's me, just me, I'm the only...person and
Never have I ever felt like...the whole world is on my side
I’ve reached the top all on my own,
No one can tell me I can't cope.

I dare you, come and take me on if you are brave
No longer do I feel pain,
I've been hurting all my life
The life I lead before's my sacrifice

I’m invincible, Indestructible (hoo-hoo)
Do your worst, try and tear me down at my strongest
I’ve climbed all hills and mountains,
I’ve reached the top on my own,

No one can tell me I can't cope alone.

At the end of the song, Kelsey was so overwhelmed with the emotions that came to her after completing her song. This could be the last time that she performs her song in front of a crowd so huge like this. Kelsey placed her hands over her mouth and she tries to hold back the tears. The audience cheer even loud for her as she managed to let out a simple, "Thank you all" as her voice broke. It was then time to move onto the next act of the evening...

Britonisea
Powerbroker

10 | VM2020 | Tobias Noah - Stronger

Postby Britonisea » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:35 pm

Tobias Noah

"Stronger"
Tune: KHAYAT - OSOKA (official video)
Necessary Information:
Composers: Jourdain Carter, Jamie Banks
Lyricists: Tobias Noah
Duration: 03:14

Tobias Noah, 20, is the youngest solo act of the qualified Grand Finalists but despite his young age, he has a huge crowd following him. On his first try at Vha Mehlodhivestoile, he managed to qualify directly to the Grand Final from the death spot, 6th in Semi-Final 2, where no artist had once qualified from. After his impressive feat, many newspapers in Britonisea billed him as "the boy to look out for", and his odds soared, making him one of the favourites to win Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020. He is of course much younger than the former winners of Vha Mehlodhivestoile, but he said that he would love to be the youngest winner ever and he wants to rise to the challenge. On his team are well-known Jamie Banks and Jourdain Carter. Jourdain tried to represent Britonisea at either the WorldVision Song Contest or the World Hit Festival at the previous Vha Mehlodhivestoile in 2019, but he didn't qualify from his Semi-Final, which was the same one in which Tobias was in. Jourdain said that he was "proud of Tobias" as he managed to get much further than Jourdain did in his effort at the contest. Jourdain is hoping that Tobias goes on to win as he believes that the song is different from what Britonisea would usually send and when Britonisea sends something out there, the nation usually pushes even harder for the win. In the Semi-Finals, Tobias received 12 points from two nations; Besen and Beepee. With both nations expected to vote in the Grand Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020, it'll be interesting to see whether Tobias will be able to pick up even more 12 points than his Semi-Final performance...

At the start of the performance, both the LED wall, lights and floor was plastered in a deep blue colour which seemed as though it was moving - very ominous yet intriguing. Tobias was kneeling down on the floor wearing a flowy traditional white outfit which can be seen in the image linked in the next sentence. The camera was slightly above him, with two female dancers laying their hands in his palms which he held out in front of him. The camera, however, wasn't straight on him, rather being at an angle. During the 17 second introduction, the camera made its way closer and closer to the alluring man as he looked out to the audience. The audience cheered as his eyes moved up to the camera as he started singing the song. Throughout the verses and choruses, the camera work was very jittery, dancing between him moving from side to side and the women which eventually moved from the lying position that they were in at the start of the song. As the key changed, the camera work became even crazier as the blue colour on the LED screens and floors/lights dipped into a deep rouge colour with flashing strobe effects behind him. The women and Tobias were all very close to each other, dancing and moving sultry in between one another. During this time, Tobias made frequent eye contact with the camera whether the camera was...

Main Vocalist: Tobias Noah
Female Vocalist 1: Flo Ryder
Female Dancer 1: Park Shin-hye
Female Dancer 2: Pauliana Shrewburry

Lyrics from 01:54 to END:
I know that I’m stronger, immune from your torture
Hold me down no longer, the restriction over
Look at your face, sombre, not as brave as you were,
Unveiling the poseur,
You're nothing, you’re no-more

Now I know I’m stronger, I am coming for you
Don’t run - don’t you bother, all areas covered
Victims - you’re another. Begging for the slaughter,
Bow your head down lower,
You're nothing, you’re no one.

Don't you lie, don't you lie, you know that I'm stronger,
Tell me why, tell me why you're not surrendering...
You're wasting time, wasting time, no, I won't change my mind
Close your eyes, close your eyes, time for you is now over

(I'm stronger, I'm stronger, I'm stronger)
(I'm stronger, I'm stronger, I'm stronger)

Don't you lie, don't you lie, you know that I'm stronger,
Tell me why, tell me why you're not surrendering...
Wasting time, wasting time, no, I won't change my mind
Close your eyes, close your eyes, time for you is now over

At the end of the song, there was a quick camera shot which exploded outwards as all of the lights in the arena went white. The audience came in with one of the loudest cheers of the evening. Tobias bowed his head and smiled as a transitioning camera was pointed on him, "Thank you, everyone! Thank you all!"

Britonisea
Powerbroker

11 | VM2020 | KAYLEY - Beautiful

Postby Britonisea » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:40 pm

KAYLEY

"Beautiful"
Tune: MARINA - True [Official Audio]
Necessary Information:
Composers: Xavier Boal, Reece Young
Lyricists: James Embankment, Tisha Fiona
Duration: 03:29

KAYLEY, 35, is the penultimate act of the evening. KAYLEY has had a lot of experience when it comes to performing on the big stage. Of course, this is KAYLEY's third experience at Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020 and so she is familiar with the processes of the contest. This will be her seventh performance on the stage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile and so she's got a wealth of experience. Not only that, by she also performed at the 39th World Hit Festival which took place in Darkmania. Amongst a field of 24 nations, Britonisea came 6th with the song, "Junterapten" which became a hit in many nations. To this day, it remains as one of the most memorable Britonish entries ever sent to the World Hit Festival. For this upcoming performance, she will be sending the song "Beautiful", hoping that she will go to the WorldVision Song Contes this time...and she could do it. On her team are Xavier Boal, Reece Young, Tishka Fiona - who have all sent songs to Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020 but also James Embankment. James is one of the most successful Britonish songwriters in international competitions. James won the most recent edition of the World Hit Festival as a part of Meghan Jorgensen's team, and also the 73rd WorldVision Song Contest as a part of Alyxhia's winning Vha Mehlodhivestoile team. In addition to this, James has also placed 2nd at the WorldVision Song Contest twice and with his writing skills and KAYLEY's talent, they're hoping that "Beautiful" can go above and beyond expectations. KAYLEY received 12 points from Besen in the 1st Semi-Final. Will KAYLEY receive more in the Grand Final?

KAYLEY walked onto the happy and relieved. She had waited a long time, more than an hour, to get onto the stage and she felt like it was better now than ever. KAYLEY was wearing a pure white dress embezzled with diamonds. On her haid she wore a diamond crown made with the shape of leaves around it. She sat in what could only be described as a large clam like you see in the movies. She didn't sit there alone, sitting with two other female dancers on either side of her. She sat with her legs to the side, slightly leaning on one of her hands as she got comfortable. Soft white lights were shone on the setting as the song started to play. At the start, the camera every three seconds or so focused on one member on the stage before fading to black, then the next, before focusing on KAYLEY and then the whole stage. During this time, the three women stood still, not looking at the camera, statued - as though they were Athenian Goddesses. As KAYLEY started singing, she held the microphone up with her head looking up facing the lighting rigs. Her face was bathed in white light as the camera had an effect to make the scene look softer and more beautiful that in normally would. During the first verse, the camera bounced from each of the women as they made slow movements each time the camera was positioned on them. As we moved to the first chorus, the fog started to build up which was being blown towards the three women as the fans were also turned on. The camera moved outwards as lights at the top of the LED stage twinkled on and off and as the camera moved, for those watching at home, they could see the sheer beauty of the stage; simple but elegant was the focus on KAYLEY's delegation here at Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020. As we move into the second chorus, lights started circling around the stage creating a much more mysterious look that the scene before. As we built up for the second chorus, there was an extreme close up of KAYLEY with her microphone before the camera quickly moved outwards. As both the dancers and women backstage start to sing together (02:29), the lights in the arena starting twinkling with a lot of, with flashing from the front being rather intense, similar to what happens here for a few seconds but for a longer amount of time. There was a wide shot as we saw the whole of the arena watching the beautiful masterpiece take place on the VM stage...

Main Vocalist: KAYLEY
Female Vocalist 1: Mello Cinde
Female Vocalist 2: Perri-Anne Drews
Female Dancer 1/Vocalist 3: Louisa Johnson-Paul
Female Dancer 2/Vocalist 4: Pauliana Shrewburry

Lyrics from 01:57 to END:
Every woman, hear my voice now
We’re all beautiful, all so beautiful
Just as long as,
You know this fact.
Deep in your heart,
You are a star

I know how hard it can be to
Believe that you’re not, you’re not beautiful
Just know deep down,
You are a star
Nobody can
Top your beauty...

(Ahhhhh Ah Ah oh Ah oh Ah oh Ahhhhhh)

You are all beautiful

Every woman, hear my voice now
We’re all beautiful, all so beautiful
Just as long as,
You know this fact.
Deep in your heart,
You are a star

I know how hard it can be to
Believe that you’re not, you’re not beautiful
Just know deep down,
You are a star
Nobody can
Top your beauty...

KAYLEY lowered her head as the song finished. The audience came in with massive applause for the singer. KAYLEY looked up and blew a kiss out to the audience. It was now time for the final one of the potentials...

Britonisea
Powerbroker

12 | VM2020 | Shards of Diamonds - Full of Surprises

Postby Britonisea » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:45 pm

Shards of Diamonds

"Full of Surprises"
Tune: The Saturdays - Not Giving Up (Official Video)
Necessary Information:
Composers: Kasandra Louise, Filomena West, Daya Smith, Abi Harrods, Sam Pickett, Désirée Blanche, Kenya Ash
Lyricists: Kasandra Louise, Filomena West, Daya Smith, Abi Harrods, Sam Pickett
Duration: 03:20

From left to the right of image, Sam Pickett,19, Kasandra Louise, 18, Filomena West, 20, Abi Harrods, 18, and Daya Smith, 20 together make up the girl group Shards of Diamonds who will be singing the song, "Full of Surprises" at the Grand Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020. Before the 80th WorldVision Song Contest, Britonisea hadn't sent a group to the WorldVision Song Contest since the Serpentents. The Serpentents had mixed success, coming 5th in the 35th edition before falling to 31st in the 36th WorldVision Song Contest. At the most recent edition of the WorldVision Song Contest, Britonisea sent their first group coming 8th place with 77 points which was a relatively average score for the nation. Shards of Diamonds are hoping to change the fortune of groups in Britonisea, to become the first group not only to win Vha Mehlodhivestoile, but to win the WorldVision Song Contest too. Shards of Diamonds opened Vha Mehlodhivestoile this year, performing 1st in the 1st Semi-Final and will end the competitive performances of this year too as they perform last in the running order of the Grand Final. They've said that because of this, they want their performance to be memorable and fun to get everyone up out of their seats and dancing. In the Semi-Final, Shards of Diamonds won three sets of 12 points from the nations, Polkopia, Izmedu and Ertzei Kishim. Will those nations reward Shards of Diamonds? Or will the voting be "Full of Surprises"?

BVC/BITC producers thought that this was the perfect end to the competitive performances of the night. The reason why the producers chose this to open the show during the Semi-Final was that it was high impact and fun and the same reason was used to justify having them perform last. It was time for Shards of Diamonds to perform their song as the last act was fully packed away. Stage personnel ran onto the stage to lay down four luminous mats in which the five women all laid down on holding a pole in their hands, exactly like this. All of the women wore clothes such as the ones in that picture too, all with high heels on. At the start of the song, there was an aerial image of all of the girls saying down on the stage floor. As the first member of the group started to sing, their glow stick started to shine brighter than the rest. As the song picked up speed and more members of the group started to join in and speak, they all made their way up into a standing position. Poles from the rigs, which had been used in previous performances, was used again here in this performance with them being lowered during the performance of "Full of Surprises". As they reached the chorus of the song, all of the women do a series of movements, moving with the pole in a systematic, canon way which looked like a feast for the eyes as each of the poles changed colours with one another. The strobe lights complemented what was happening on the stage, as stage lights strobed with full effect. As we moved to the second verse, the member who started singing started making their way down the centre catwalk whereas the other girls split to take the left and right catwalk. A Steadicam followed the singer down the whole course of the catwalk before we reached the end. The other members of the groups joined the main singer as we reached the pre-chorus. Once again, we had reached the high-energy chorus. The lights went crazy before they with the girls doing the same movements as they were doing before. By the time they reached the end of the chorus (before it started to get distorted - 02:14) , five male dancers joined the women on the stage standing behind them all. As they sang the "oh-ah-oh" parts, the men and each band member interacted with each other, with the male dancer taking the light stick away from each of the singers. As they moved into the last chorus, the dancers moved off of the stage as the five women turned their bodies so their backs are facing the audience as a camera was pointed at them from their front.

Duration: 03:20
Main Vocalist 1: Kasandra Louise
Main Vocalist 2: Filomena West
Main Vocalist 3: Daya Smith
Main Vocalist 4: Abi Harrods
Main Vocalist 5: Sam Pickett
Male Dancer 4: Edward Holland
Male Dancer 5: Tom Norton

Lyrics from 01:36 to END:
Boy you never fail to impress
Awestruck - you are the best.
You are, you are, you’re full of surprises
And for me, you are always there
Non-stop - you always care.

Don’t want you stop, no - keep on going
Never stop your love, we’re going strong, oh
Keep on being full of surprises, woah

The apple of my eye,
You're always by my side
Boy, you got me tongue-tied, oh my
You are forever mine
Our bond will transcend time
So never keep surprising me

Oh-ah-oh!, Oh-ah-oh!, Oh-ah-oh!,
Oh-ah-oh!,Oh-ah-oh!,Oh-ah-oh!

Boy you never fail to impress
Awestruck - you are the best.
And for me, you are always there
Non-stop - you always care.

At the end of the song, all of the girls hugged each other before thanking the audience. That was it, everyone. The 12 Grand Finalists of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020. Who will win? It's up to you!

Britonisea
Powerbroker

The Recap and Interval Act 1

Postby Britonisea » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:50 pm

After the twelfth performance from the girl-group Shards of Diamonds, it was now time for a recap as we moved on to the next half of the show - loads of interval acts and votes as we get closer and closer to the end, finding out who is the winner of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020. The camera zoomed over to Cole Heiman and Mini Surrey North who were on the island in the middle of the arena.
Cole Heiman: Thank you, thank you! That was brilliant, Shards of Diamonds - what a fantastic way to end the night of competitive songs.

Mini Surrey-North: For most of them, that'll be the last time that they perform their song on a stage like this one. One act, only one, will perform on this very stage one more time before they're jetted off to wherever the WorldVision Song Contest will be held. Second place will be going to whoever hosts the next World Hit Festival.

Cole Heiman: Right, I think that it's time for a recap, don't you think Mini?

Mini Surrey-North: Take it away!

**RECAP: The Twelve Songs of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020**
01 Martina Hacer
02 Jun-iči Hoch & Ekkehard Liinamaa
03 Katie Reece-Boyst
04 Lucie Dagenham ft AY:KO
05 TOULOUSE
06 Krysten Phearson
07 Petre Lemetre
08 Justs Prazeres
09 Kelsey Banques
10 Tobias Noah
11 KAYLEY
12 Shards of Diamonds

At the end of the recap, we joined Cole Heiman and Mini Surrey North on the island once again. It was time for some more music.
Mini Surrey-North: You've still got some time to vote, don't worry! But it's time to start making those final decisions as we haven't got all night!

Cole Heiman: What we will do is give you some more music whilst you contemplate on who's getting 2 app votes, and who's getting three. We have someone special here to perform for us tonight...

Mini Surrey-North: Yes we do. This woman tried to represent us at the 73rd WorldVision Song Contest last year when she participated in Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020 with her song, "Summerlights"...

Cole Heiman: While she didn't win, she did make it to the big stage once again, representing her nation - Togonistan - at the most recent edition of the World Hit Festival with her song "Graceful Widow".

Mini Surrey-North: And Stacy Lekker...she's here to perform that very song on this stage. So without ado, let's put our hands together for Stacy Lekker with "Graceful Widow"!

THE FIRST INTERVAL ACT
Stacy Lekker - "Graceful Widow"
Tune : Within Temptation - "Mercy Mirror"
Music: Michael Funafuti Lyrics: Stacy Lekker

Stacy Lekker returns to Vha Mehlodhivestoile!: Stacy will perform her hit song, "Graceful Widow" at Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020 after placing 4th place at the 50th World Hit Festival in Vodiznad, Izmedu...

It was time for the performance from Stacy Lekker. For her this represented the fourth time that she performed on the stage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile, having previously done it twice at the 2nd Semi-Final live and then once again in the Grand Final. She was back after the BITC/BVC team recognised how well she performed at the 50th World Hit Festival, where she placed 4th. Her popularity in Britonisea has spiked since her Direct to Final qualification last year and at least for this edition, her performance at the National Final is one where she's not fighting against 9 other competitors. She could take this performance within her stride. A round of applause can be heard in the Halvenhavlve Arena as Stacy was welcomed to the stage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile once again. The only sources of light are the spotlights behind the main stage as well as around the audience pits, all providing warm light to the stage accompanied by a thin goldish line surrounding the stage borders. Stacy is standing in the middle of the front stage, wearing a semi-long grey dress without any sort of footwear. She puts his hands on the microphone attached to a stand in front of her and looks into the camera as it approaches her from the left and starts slowly rotating around her.

We were united as one since you said my name
Playing the game until fate led us astray
Feeling empty for the time I gave you
Back to back through the storm we carried on
Now it's the time, I'll move on

The camera zooms out on the stage as it lights up more, with background screen displaying graphics of some golden lines forming up. The lines start from the bottom and start to branch out through the chorus, eventually forming an image of a golden heart. Throughout the chorus, Stacy is doing some hand movements as she sings. Camera angles show both the stage from afar, followed up by some closer shots of Stacy singing on the stage. Halfway through the chorus, the golden heart on the background starts beating.

So I will be a graceful widow
It is time for the final show
Now I'm ready to let you go
No more games, no more games
I am ready to let you go
I am ready to let you go
I am ready to let you go

As the chorus ends, the heart on the background can be seen shattering into pieces before the stage lighting tones down again. People in the audience pit start slowly waving golden light sticks above their heads as Stacy clings to the microphone. Camera angles take a close-up shot of Stacy as she is singing the verse, along with an effect of one camera angle fading into another. Halfway through the verse, people in the audience pit will be shown with the camera moving up on them, before raiding above their heads and showing a sea of golden light sticks from the above.

My heart will recuperate from the scars
Your deeds all gone under the radar
No more words, the silence reaches
The storm you started evaporates
The calmness reaches my soul

The broadcast fades into another view on the stage from afar, as the stage lights up and background graphics start forming the heart again. This time, the image starts forming from the either side of the screen and it happens much faster. Halfway through the chorus, the heart gets formed up once again. Stacy is singing and does various hand gestures at the same time.

I am ready to let you go
I am ready to let you go

As the song reaches to the bridge, a wind machine starts blowing from the front, making Stacy's hair and her dress wave in the wind. The camera takes a close-up shot of her face, moving from left to right.

It took time to realise
Let the memories fade away
No turning around, I wear my gown
What we had was nothing but a compromise
It felt so out of place, out of space

Reaching to the final chorus, Stacy puts her arms wide open as the stage graphics show a bunch of golden aurora-like graphics reflecting on the stage floor, rapidly moving towards the beating heart on the background. As the chorus progresses, the heart on the background grows bigger as it consumes the golden light sliding across the screens into itself. The whole thing looks like Stacy is standing in the middle of this light storm, with the wind blowing in the same direction as the lights go.

I am ready to let you go
I am ready to let you go

I am ready to let you go

Eventually, the lights fade out and the stage goes black, except for the golden heart that can still be seen on the background screen, this time without any lights surrounding it. The heart starts beating once again and does it three times with an audible sound accompanied, before eventually fading out and ending the performance. A round of applause can be heard on the arena as Stacy puts both of her hands in front of her mouth and send a huge blow kiss to the audience. ''Thank you Britonisea! Thank you everyone! Afetai!" At the end of the song, the presenters appeared on the stage with cue cards, embracing Stacy as they met her on the stage...
Cole Heiman: Thank you for that wonderful performance of "Graceful Widow", it's such a poignant song - it really is. I have a question for you! It touched a lot of people in the World Hit Festival as well, you came fourth out of 31 nations! Could you tell us about your journey to the World Hit Festival and how the experience was like?

Stacy Lekker: Being a part of World Hit Festival was truly a magnificent experience, especially considering what a special edition it was. The excitement about the golden 50th anniversary, the atmosphere in Vodiznad... the whole city was celebrating and it is really hard to put the whole experience into words. It was truly a fantastic experience and I'm really happy that the broadcaster chose me to represent Togonistan and gave me a chance to be part of it.

Mini Surrey-North: Now while you were known before Vha Mehlodhivestoile in Britonisea, your performance at VM2019 was most certainly your break here in our country. We're always open and waiting for more music from you - do you have anything lined up for us? New songs...new album...? (*Cheekily*) a new Vha Mehlodhivestoile song for next year, perhaps?

A few members of the audience cheered and whistled after Mini asked Stacy that question with many waiting for a response.
Stacy Lekker: (*Smiles*) Well, I do, in fact I have a new album coming out really soon, it will be released the next week to be honest. It's titled Eternal and will be available on the store shelves as well as all the major online music stores. As for Mehlodivestoile, well... I still have time to think about it. I do have to say I loved participating in 2019 and if I'd be given a chance, I definitely would do it again.

Cole Heiman: Well thank you once again for participating and we hope to see you soon. Stacy, everyone!

Stacy waved and excited the stage with the hosts giving her a round of applause as she walked off the stage. They smiled widely.
Mini Surrey-North: I think it's time for another recap!
**RECAP: The Twelve Songs of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020**
01 Martina Hacer
02 Jun-iči Hoch & Ekkehard Liinamaa
03 Katie Reece-Boyst
04 Lucie Dagenham ft AY:KO
05 TOULOUSE
06 Krysten Phearson
07 Petre Lemetre
08 Justs Prazeres
09 Kelsey Banques
10 Tobias Noah
11 KAYLEY
12 Shards of Diamonds

What was going to happen now? The audience eagerly waited for what would happen next but the main hosts appeared in the Greenroom sitting in between the delegations of Kelsey Banques and Tobias Noah. They both watched what was happening between them...
Cole Heiman: I really, really miss Theodore! Should we go over and find out what he's doing in the fan zone outside?

Mini Surrey-North: Yes, of course! Theodore, honey, are you there?!

We then cut live to a large hall in which Theodore was in, surrounded by hundreds of fans that weren't fortunate enough to get tickets in the main arena...or if they wanted much more of a party.
Theodore Faucheux: Hey there guys! Awww Cole, you miss me! You're adorable, you know that? Anyway, I am here in the Fan Zone just outside the arena in a large purpose-built hall. There are so many people here and we're really enjoying the show. Just to speak to a few people...hey there!

Theodore pulled up next to a group of fans from all around the world, they held up different national flags; the Izmeduan flag, the Besenian flag, Axuvian flag and Scotatrovan flags. They looked like megafans of Vha Mehlodhivestoile though. They all smiled as the handsome presenter got all up in their grill...
Theodore Faucheux: So are you all enjoying the show? Have you guys got any favourites so far? Who's going to win Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020?

Man with Izmeduan Flag: Oh my gosh! I am crying at how good all of these songs are!! I don't even have a favourite because they're all my favourite and I cannot choose which one I like the most...

Man with Scotatrovan Flag: Giiiiirl, I am going to have to agree with you there! I do think some acts have that edge over some others, but Imma keep it sealed as I don't wanna jinx it for anyone haha.

Theodore Faucheux: (*Flirts*) Yeah, you keep those luscious lips of yours sealed up baby! (*Turns to the other two*) What about you two, how has it been being in the Fan Zone, here in Alshkan!?

Woman with Axuvian Flag: It's fun exploring both Estogium and Britonisea. What I am wondering is where Cyrus Yi is? Quickly...Rapidly....Godspeed! I wish he qualified because he would've done so well! I am not forgiving Mercedini for that one!

Theodore Faucheux: Oh, I agree with you there honey, but of course not at the expense of...TOULOUSE! I wish everyone was in the Grand Final. We could've done this WorldVision style, to be honest. One big Grand Final hah!

Woman with Besenian Flag: El-Oh-El! That would've been absolute jokes! I have a couple of favourites tonight too and I've already voted for them. A certain Vha Mehlodhivestoile returnee but that's all I am going to say!

Theodore Faucheux: (*looks at camera*) How intriguing. Thank you for your responses, everyone. Back to you in the Halvenhavlve Arena!

We then went back over to Cole Heiman and Mini Surrey North who were both sitting in between two different acts - now between Katie Reece-Boyst's delegation, which had Dean Boyst sitting there and Lucie Dagenham ft AY:KO sitting on the other side.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Recap + Interval Act 2 + Introduction to Phase 1

Postby Britonisea » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:55 pm

Cole Heiman and Mini Surrey-North looked at one another and giggled as the cameras came back on them as they listened to the next things to say on their earpiece.
Cole Heiman: Hello everybody and welcome back to the arena! It's now time for some more music.

Mini Surrey-North: Indeed it is. Now, let's flashback to the 80th WorldVision Song Contest that was hosted by NTR, the broadcaster for Nekoni at the WorldVision Song Contest. We sent Concordium and eventually came 8th place...which is good!

Cole Heiman: But the song by Concordium isn't the highest-charting 80th WorldVision Song Contest, however. That goes to the song which Britonisea gave its 12 points to.

Mini Surrey-North: The song that finished in second place, Alex Ford's "I'm Alive" and he is here to perform his song here on the stage once again!

Cole Heiman: And straight after..we find out the results of the International Juries of Vha Mehlodhivestoile! It's time to get down to business!

THE SECOND INTERVAL ACT
Alex Ford - "I'm Alive"
Tune : Sigma ft. Take That - "Cry"
Music: Michael Funafuti Lyrics: Stacy Lekker

Alex Ford on the stage of VM2020: With his song "I'm Alive", Alex managed to get a Britonish Top 10 in the Official Charts. This represents the first time an artist from Nekoni has reached the Top 10 in the Britonish Charts since Spice Club feat. Eliana Mitrecey with their song, "My Side Of The City" which represented Nekoni at the 46th WorldVision Song Contest.

There's a single white light illuminating him, and the background screens around him show a cloudy grey sky, and to get the atmosphere just right, the stage is swarmed with smoke as well. The back of the stage has four backing singers, two on each side, a man and a woman each, all dressed in either black shirt and slacks or a long black gown. Alex himself is wearing a black leather jacket, unzipped to reveal a white tank underneath. The leather jacket has some decoration; a thin yellow stripe horizontally around the breast area. He is also wearing darkened jeans, a little baggy, with stylish blue and white sneakers underneath.

As the song begins the camera descends from high down to the stage level. He stands at the center of the stage, holding the microphone stand with one hand, and gesturing with the other. The backing singers are not visible at this point, as everything outside of the single spotlight is pitch black.

At the second part of the verse, the camera pans from the right of the stage to the left, which is the first time one can see the backing singers, their silhouettes visible amongst the cloudy background.

I hear thunder in the distance, the wind chills my soul
Clouds are heavy and it's freezing, and I'm miles from home
There's no light on the horizon, darkness takes control
But nothing's gonna stop me running, 'til I reach my goal

As the drum loop fades in, the lights slowly expand, from just being on Alex to gradually bathing the entire stage in white, so the light finally reaches the back row with the singers at the point of their entrance at the third line. The background shows a silhouette of an anime-styled Alex (basically him with slightly more erratic hair), side on, showing his face and shoulders, in front of the clouds. It is completely black and textureless, save for his eyes, which are a single white line to show they are close. The background screens slowly close in on the eyes, and just on the beat drop, they open.

When I find you again, maybe then I can lay to rest,
Maybe then I will lay to rest, but
'Til then I will not stop running

The chorus begins, as does the lightshow. The smoke has dissipated, and we can see that the stage floor is now a barren landscape, with the ground broken up. To fit the speed of the song, it is scrolling upwards at a quick rate. Alex has unhooked the microphone and is more mobile now he's not restricted to the mic stand. The wind machine (of course!) has begun its magic, and the front view is of the wind ruffling Alex's hair as the arena intermittently flashes white, as if a lightning storm is happening in the arena itself.

The background image has the animated character running, still side on, as the clouds get worse, and lightning strikes (think Run Boy Run, except zoomed in to the point where the entire screen height is the size of his body).

At the end of the chorus where they repeat the song title, the backing singers all have their arms up and outstretched.

I can't fall down tonight, though I've been running all my life,
I'll break down every border line
And through it all, I know, I won't lose my smile
Walking the line, until I end up by your side
And I can't get off of this ride
Until I know, I know, you'll hear me screaming
"I'm alive, I'm alive, I'm alive"
I'll run, I'll run, until you hear me

Second verse time, and the camera zooms in to Alex now, as the lights go out again around him. The floor appears to turn to ice and freeze, turning white in the process. Upon the line "I'll tear it down", he stamps his foot, shattering the ice.

The power is coursing through my veins, there's no turning back now
They can build their wall to stop me, I'll tear it down

As the build to the chorus comes, the 'ice' continues to shatter and extend out from him, and when it reaches the back of the stage floor, it extends upwards along the back LED wall. The lines caused by the shattering glow golden, as if something's about to explode through it.

When I find you again, maybe then I can lay to rest,
Maybe then I will lay to rest, but
'Til then I will not stop running

The chorus hits, and something is indeed breaking through the ice, and it appears to be lava. The stage graphics appear to show a volcano's pyroclastic flow course through the ice shards, and the shards transform into black volcanic rock. As the flow appears to drag the rocks that Alex is standing on, his movements across the stage form new ones that appear to support him from a (digitally at least) fiery grave.

Alex's movements are a bit more active, and there's almost a bit of a bounce in him when he sings the post-chorus, as he makes his way to the left side of the stage.

During the bridge, Alex runs down the left catwalk of the stage, as the backing singers get louder and louder. Along the catwalk there are panes of sugar glass, that are rigged to explode just before he runs into them, as if the full force of him running breaks through them without him even flinching. The camera is positioned at the very end of the line facing forward to give the impression of him running into the screen. He manages to make it to the central podium at the front, and his momentum causes him to lean into the audience as he sings the last line leading into the final chorus.

Keep running, keep running, keep running, keep running, keep running
I won't stop running

As the chorus hits the podium he's on begins to raise to a good six or so metres off the floor, reaching the top when the drums break in. For those having a health and safety nightmare, there is additionally a support bar at the back that a stage hand dressed all in black stealthily has clipped him to by a tether to his belt.

During the closing moments, the front podium's other use is revealed, as the twenty or so lights surrounding it all illumate at him. Additionally, there is a steady rainfall from above at that spot, and as Alex's movements get a bit more erratic (but not quite at the level of dancing), you can see the light reflecting off the rainwater bouncing off of his body. There appears to be a small plastic divider behind the podium to stop the rain interfering with the electrics of the orchestra. There has been no such restraint with the other side of the platform, so the front row of the audience has gotten a little damp off of the splashback. It was probably getting hot down there, so they're welcome.

The final note of the song has the camera dead set on Alex's face, and he's staring back at it, with a smile, unaffected by the water dripping down off his face.

I'll run, I'll run, I'll run, 'cause I'm alive

As the song ends, the audience goes wild. Alex air-fistbumps the crowd, yells "Thank you!" and we cut to what is to happen next which is a long shot of the whole arenas as the hosts make it to the stage, standing on a different level. The lights were dim as we started to hear dramatic music in the background. Both Mini Surrey-North and Cole Heiman were now dressed in their best clothes, formal and sophisticated as we were ready to introduce ourselves to the nations that will vote in Vha Mehlodhivestoile. They tune would continue playing throughout this section...
Mini Surrey-North: Thank you very much for that performance Alex, we certainly loved it!

Cole Heiman: Indeed. Now it's time for business. It is time to reveal the International Jury votes for the Grand Final of the 5th Vha Mehlodhivestoile. But before we do, we must make sure that all is well with the Executive Producer of the contest, Mr Lewis Schmit.

Mini Surrey-North: Mr Lewis Schmit! Hello once again! Do you have the Jury Votes for us?

Lewis Schmit: Hello Mini, hello Cole! What a fantastic show you've put on for us. Well done! I can reveal that we have all the votes from International Jury and we're ready to go live to all of Vha Mehlodhivestoile's voting nations.

Cole Heiman: Great! Thank you Lewis.

Mini Surrey-North: What will happen now is Phase 1. We will be going around to XX nations that are voting in Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020. They will reveal their top 10 favourite acts in WorldVision Song Contest format; 12 points, 10 points, 8 all the way down to zero. Two songs will receive zero points.

Cole Heiman: At the end of the Jury votes, Britons will have the chance to vote for around 5 minutes longer. You're still able to vote even now. Even though the Jury will make up to 60% of the decision, the final movements of acts is up to you at home.

Mini Surrey-North: If you feel like your winner is being underestimated...now is your chance to vote. Okay, it's time to head off to the first nation to vote in Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020. Are you ready, Cole?

Cole Heiman: I am ready, Mini...

WATCH THE ANIMATED SCOREBOARD HERE
For the result reveal on the 4th April 2020, the scoreboard will be animated and made into gifs to be posted here!

Britonisea
Powerbroker

HOW TO VOTE - VOTING OPEN UNTIL 3 APRIL 2020!

Postby Britonisea » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:26 pm

There are 12 (twelve) songs competing in Grand Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020.
In order to vote for your favourite song, you have to give them the top mark of 12 (twelve) points, while your second favourite gets 10 (ten) points all the way down to 1 point. Two songs will not receive any points.
Below, you can find out all the information and a code to make it easy for you to vote.

QUICK INFORMATION
A user is allowed to vote up to 1 (one) time in the Grand Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020.
While the deadline to vote is 3rd April 2020, 20:00 UK Time, but the host has the right to close the lines earlier.

SCORING SYSTEM
The voting system will follow that of the WorldVision Song Contest/Eurovision Song Contest.
12 points - Favourite Entry
10 points - 2nd Favourite Entry
8 points - 3rd Favourite Entry
7 points - 4th Favourite Entry
6 points - 5th Favourite Entry
5 points - 6th Favourite Entry
4 points - 7th Favourite Entry
3 points - 8th Favourite Entry
2 points - 9th Favourite Entry
1 point - 10th Favourite Entry
0 point - 11th Favourite Entry (you do not need to announce this)
0 point - Least Favourite Entry (you do not need to announce this)

Post your results on this thread in a reply. The voting code is different to the Semi-Finals. You can find an example of what it should look like in the spoiler below, using VM2018's songs!

Feel free to customise the below in keeping with the basic outline;
Code: Select all
[box][align=center][size=200][b]XX - [Your voting number goes here][/b]
VM2020: GRAND FINAL VOTES[/size]
[size=150]NATION NAME HERE[/size][/align][hr][/hr]

[align=center][b][INSERT SPOKESPERSON NAME HERE][/b]
[i]"[INSERT DIALOGUE HERE]"[/i][/align]

1 point:
2 points:
3 points:
4 points:
5 points:
6 points:
7 points:

[align=center][i]"And now for the top three songs..."[/i][/align]

[b]8 points to:[/b]

[b]10 points to:[/b]

[b]12 points to: [/b][/box]

VM2020: GRAND FINAL VOTES

ESTOGIUM

TIM ARMSTRONG
"Hello Britonisea - I hope you're all having a fantastic evening! These are the votes from the Estogian Jury for Vha Mehlodhivestoile's Grand Final!"

1 point: Zoe Wilkinson - Mirame
2 points: Rochelle Fox - Paradise
3 points: Luxury Ladies - Me, Myself and I
4 points: Arvin Dalir - Walking
5 points: Liam Jishak - Fauteur de Troubles
6 points: Reuben Lonsdale - Perilous
7 points: Giselles - The Evil

"And now for the top three songs..."

8 points to: MINI SURREY NORTH AND "CENTRE OF ATTRACTION!"

10 points to: Alyxhia Willis with the song "Want You Home"!

12 points to: TARON WOOOODS!!! Congratulations!

I understand that by asking you to vote in Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020, it's a lot due there being 12 songs in the Grand Final. I've decided that there will be a listenalong which will play all competing 12 songs, plus opening and interval acts. It'll be great fun so please come along!

THE OFFICIAL GRAND FINAL OF VHA MEHLODHIVESTOILE 2020 LISTEN-ALONG IS SATURDAY, 28TH APRIL 2020 AT 21:00 UK TIME!

Please come along and enjoy!

NATIONS, PLEASE POST YOUR GRAND FINAL VOTES BELOW...

Ertzei Kishim
Envoy

Founded: Aug 12, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ertzei Kishim » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:52 pm

ERTZEI KISHIM

Dan Tumanbeg
"Shalom, Merhaba from Tiferet! Wow, Britonisea well done on your fantastic show tonight, you really raise the bar every year. Anyway, here the votes of the Kishraeli jury"

1 point: "Higher"
2 points: "Bailando"
3 points: "Stronger"
4 points: "Secroussué"
5 points: "Indestructible"
6 points: "Exorcist"
7 points: "Beautiful"

8 points to:"Paradigm"

10 points to:"Not Giving In"

"And our final, big 12... they sound a lot like what we have in Ertzei Kishim... they go to..."

12 points to: "Full of Surprises"

Waisnor
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 03, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Waisnor » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:14 am

WAISNOR

Kirill Vasyutin
"Hello, Britonisea! I'm calling from Grodno, capital of Waisnor, which will debut at WorldVision 81. Well, it's time to announce our votes."

1 point: Beautiful
2 points: Higher
3 points: Bailando
4 points: Full of Surprises
5 points: Stronger
6 points: Secroussué
7 points: Clarity

8 points to: Not Giving In

10 points to: Paradigm

12 points to: Indestructible
81 = 18th/34
82 = 22nd/31
83 = 27th/41
84 = 15th/27
85 = 20th/28
86 = 14th/32
87 = 14th/36
88 = 24th/32
89 = 16th/37
90 = 8th/35
91 = 9th/30
92 = 8th/29
93 = 4th/25
94 = 14th/28
95 = 15th/27
96 = 8th/34
97 = 6th/25
98 = 23rd/31
99 = 6th/38
100 = 12th/51
101 = 24th/32
102 = 10th/30
103 = 2nd/26
104 = 11th/26
105 = 6th/31
106 = 5th/25
107 = 21st/37
108 = 9th/32
109 = 11th/21
110 = 14th/27
111 = 5th/29
112 = 7th/25

51 = 10th/20
52 = 19th/24
53 = 11th in the semifinal/33

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:37 pm

POLKOPIA

SERGEY BORISČEV
"Good evening Britonisea! I think we can all agree that it was a fantastic show tonight! But I know you're not finished yet, so let's keep this party going! Let's see how Polkopia voted, shall we?"

1 point: "Beautiful"
3 points: "Clarity"
4 points: "Stronger"
5 points: "Not Giving In"
6 points: "Exorcist"
7 points: "Poison"

"And now for our top three..."

8 points to: "Secroussué"

10 points to: "Full of Surprises"

12 points to: "Indestructible"
Last edited by Polkopia on Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Titaniumland
Diplomat

Founded: May 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Titaniumland » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:43 am

TITANIUMLAND

BILAL, Titan representative in Worldvision 74
"Greetings to our lovely Britonisea! Fantastic entries and performances, and here we go, here are the Titan votes."

1 point: "Secroussué"
4 points: "Higher"
5 points: "Beautiful"
6 points: "Paradigm"
7 points: "Poison"

8 points to: "Stronger"

10 points to: "Full of Surprises"

12 points to: "Indestructible"!

Togonistan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 08, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:51 am

TOGONISTAN

GUS CANNON
"Good evening Alshkan! Ma name os Gus oe eistam vhe champignon grande! (Translation: My name is Gus and I'm a big mushroom!) ...I think I got it right, I downloaded this lingo app and have been polishing my britonish language skills recently. Anyways, I have the results of Togonistani voting and points from one to seven are here."

1 point: "Bailando"
2 points: "Higher"
3 points: "Beautiful"
4 points: "Full of Surprises"
5 points: "Clarity"
6 points: "Stronger"
7 points: "Not Giving In"

"And here is our top three..."

8 points to:"Indestructible"

10 points to:"Paradigm"

12 points to: "Secroussué"

Besen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Besen » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:09 pm

Besen

Emiliano Irenas
"Another excellent production, Britonisea! I'm 100% sure you have a potential Worldvision winner in the midst of these 12 banging songs! Let's see who the Besenian jury thought that was..."

1 point: "Stronger"
2 points: "Secroussué"
4 points: "Bailando"
5 points: "Not Giving In"
6 points: "Poison"
7 points: "Full of Surprises"

8 points to: "Paradigm"

10 points to: "Beautiful"

12 points to: "Indestructible"

PreviousNext