NATION

PASSWORD

BVC | 5th Mehlodhivestoile 2020 | Britonish National Final

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

BVC | 5th Mehlodhivestoile 2020 | Britonish National Final

Postby Britonisea » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:00 pm

WE ARE INTERNATIONAL
Website Thread
Information - Schedule
Semi Final 1 - Semi Final 2 - Semi Final 3 - Battle Stage - Grand Final

Welcome to Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020, the fifth instalment of one of the biggest WorldVision and World Hit Festival National Finals. On this page, you will be able to find all of the IC content of each of the shows, including the results of them. You can also vote - regardless of whether you participate in WorldVision, World Hit or neither. We look forward to welcoming you to Boschke, Doportedas, Quickenden, Ghiez and finally, Alshkan!

Past Editions
2016 - 2017 - 2018 - 2019

The Format

BVC made little changes to the voting system for the 2020 edition and how the votes are revealed during each live show. The voting split remains the same as it was for the past four years (25:25:50) with the Britonish Jury having a say making up 25% of the vote, the BritonishTelevotes will make up 25% of the votes while the international juries will make up the remainder of the votes. Nations across the multiverse have taken a keen interesting in participating in Vha Mehlodhivestoile with several of them broadcasting live in their own countries. BVC has stated that a maximum of eight international juries will be allowed to vote during the Semi-Finals of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020. BVC thought that the ranges between the international juries were very small compared to that of the Britonish Juries’ because the Britonish Juries’ votes are distributed in a different way to that of the televotes and the international votes. BVC will keep its 2019 way of collecting votes [12, 10, 7, 5, 3, 2, 1, 0] which separates first place and last place more than it did in 2018 (three points larger gap) while also making 1st and 2nd place more grouped together along with 3rd and 4th together and 5th and below.

In the Grand Final, all twelve acts must perform their songs live. Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020 viewers will be able to vote for their favourite act from the start of the show until the lines close minutes after the International Jury votes come through. BVC was fairly happy that 11 international juries participated in Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018 and the 13 that participated in 2019. In Phase 1, the International Jury will vote for their ten favourite songs using the WorldVision Song Contest scoring system [12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1], with their 11th and 12th favourite songs receiving 0 points. This year, there will also be the inclusion of the ABEN Jury, which is a mixture of professionals from Aloquirbe and Britonisea (who didn’t make up the Jury before), Estogium and Nightom. After all the International Juries have voted, in Phase 2, we will then travel around Britonisea to find out the results of the Televote. Britonisea’s televotes will be split based on how many nations have voted - with Britonisea making up a minimum of 40% of the total vote [((number of nations voting) - 40%) Rounded to the nearest whole number]. Vha Mehlodhivestoile has predetermined the voting areas.

OOC: Users can only vote once per round, including the Grand Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020. However, users are able to vote with different accounts in different rounds. This rule has been left unchanged since 2019.

OOC: A maximum of eight nations can vote in Semi-Finals. Votes after the eighth nation will not be counted.

WORLD, ARE YOU READY?
Last edited by Britonisea on Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:19 am, edited 11 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Schedule

Postby Britonisea » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:15 pm

THE SCHEDULE
Cut-off Time: 8PM GMT

Semi Final 1 (IC Date: 29th February 2020)
  • Vote Opens: Saturday 29th February 2020
  • Vote Closes: Friday 6th March 2020
    Semi Final 2 (IC Date: 7th March 2020)
  • Vote Opens: Saturday 7th March 2020
  • Vote Closes: Friday 13th March 2020
    Semi Final 3 (IC Date: 14th March 2020)
  • Vote Opens: Saturday 14th March 2020
  • Vote Closes: Friday 20th March 2020
    Battle Stage (IC Date: 21st March 2020)
  • Vote Date: (For jurors only) Friday 20th March 2020 - Monday 23rd March 2020
  • Battle Stage Results: Tuesday 24th March 2020 (Part A), Wednesday 25th March 2020 (Part B)
    Grand Final (IC Date: 4th April 2020)
  • Vote Opens: Friday 27th March 2020
  • Vote Closes: Saturday 4th April 2020

OPENING AND INTERVAL ACTS

Semi Final 1 Boschke - Newbury Park Arena
  • Opening Act: Meghan Jorgensen - Waiting For You (WHF50 Television Debut!)
  • Interval Act: Cyrus Yi - Be With Me, Katie Reece-Boyst - Clarity
Semi Final 2 Doportedas - The Grand Hall
  • Opening Act: TBA - 2nd March 2020
  • Interval Act: Pietro Quesada - Mulde moiç agia, Krysten Phearson - Not Giving In
Semi Final 3 Quickenden - The Meggatude Arena
  • Opening Act: The Hosts of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020
  • Interval Act: Wildcard: Jun-iči Hoch & Ekkehard Liinamaa (Song Reveal - 10th March)
Battle Stage Ghiez - Ghiez Maine Arena
  • Opening Act: The Hosts of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020
Grand Final Alshkan - The Halvenhavlve Arena
  • Opening Act: Alyxhia Willis - Want You Home
  • Interval Act 1 (Before International Vote):
  • Interval Act 2 (After International Vote):
Last edited by Britonisea on Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

The Hosts of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020!

Postby Britonisea » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:20 pm

For the upcoming Vha Mehlodhivestoile, Theodore Faucheux, Mini Surrey-North and Cole Heiman will be the hosts of the 5-week competition.

Tonight, it has been revealed that Theo, Mini and Cole will be the hosts for the 5th edition of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020. The three hosts will be present in all the shows, unlike last year. In each of the Semi-Finals, they will switch around from being the main hosts to the Greenroom hosts, then in the Battle Stage, Theodore Faucheux will be the one who is hosting the main show while Mini and Cole are in the Greenroom with it being changed around for the Grand Final where Theo will be in the Greenroom while Cole and Mini host the main show.

For those who are unaware, Cole Heiman is known in the WorldVision Song Contest circuit for being the spokesperson for Britonisea for a few times, while also being the commentator on BITC. Cole Heiman hosted the 66th WorldVision Song Contest, the last WorldVision Britonisea hosted in Telm City. Mini Surrey-North won the WorldVision Song Contest 47 with 139 points - Britonisea's best score to date. Mini Surrey-North had participated in the 1st Vha Mehlodhivestoile before going on to win with her WorldVision winning song. Mini Surrey North also hosted Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2017 - she is the first host to host VM more than once. Theodore Faucheux is a relatively new face to the WorldVision game. Theo is a popular Britonish YouTuber from Eaux City with him being popular with the younger generation for his tips to survive being a teenager and an adolescent, while also humouring them with his whitty banter. With over 2 million followers on Twitter alone, we thought he would be perfect for this role. He is rather popular, and can sing and dance.
Last edited by Britonisea on Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

The Participants of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020!

Postby Britonisea » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:30 pm

Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020: The Class of 2020 is comprimised of 43 artists in 29 acts. 43 artists equal the record set in 2016.

Check out all information of our official NSWIKI.org page!

- The Participants and their songs
- The Songwriters (Composers & Lyricists)
- Information about who has qualified and who hasn't

Semi-Final 1 - Boschke
  • Song Reveal
  • The Lastest Odds & Press Poll
  • Link to Semi-Final 1
  • Link to How To Vote
  • The Results of Semi-Final 1

Semi-Final 2 - Doportedas
  • Song Reveal
  • The Lastest Odds & Press Poll
  • Link to Semi-Final 2
  • Link to How To Vote
  • The Results of Semi-Final 1
Last edited by Britonisea on Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

BVC | #VM2020 | Semi Final 1 - Boschke, Britonisea

Postby Britonisea » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:00 pm

Live Coverage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020. LIVE from Boschke, Britonisea with your hosts Mini Surrey North and Cole Heiman, with Theodore Faucheux in the Greenroom.

Back on schedule with Vha Mehlodhivestoile we held in 2018, we’re back on television during the original week Vha Mehlodhivestoile started two years ago. For what is now the 5th edition of WorldVision’s and World Hit’s most anticipated annual National Final, it is expected that more international fans than ever will be tuning in to watch Vha Mehlodhivestoile kick off in Boschke’s Newbury Park Arena. This edition, a grand total of 29 participants will be involved in the contest. This semi-final - in 2nd position (which coincidentally is the winning position from last year) will mark the 100th song to be performed at Vha Mehlodhivestoile. It’s a highly exciting and record-breaking Vha Mehlodhivestoile that will unfold marvellous before your eyes over the next six weeks. The traditional Opening Titles to Vha Mehlodhivestoile begun to play as people recognised that it was finally the beginning of what has been promised to be the best edition of Vha Mehlodhivestoile so far…

After the Opening Titles were played, you might have expected that a montage would be shown in a similar fashion to that of last year. This isn't the case for this year. BVC and BITC officials wanted to get on with the action especially because there will be two performances for the interval act instead of the usual one. For the Opening Act of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020 will be Meghan Jorgensen who is set to represent Britonisea at the 50th World Hit Festival in Vodiznad, Izmedu with her song, "Waiting For You". Meghan decided to take a quick trip back to Britonisea, to Boschke, for this performance. She thought, alongside BITC, that this would give her a last-minute boost in promotion especially because of how many people will be tuning in internationally.

"Waiting For You" did not hesitate to start playing out loud as we saw the figure of Meghan Jorgensen walk from the rear end of the stage to smoke…

The lights behind them started flashing on and off to the beat of the heart in the back. The pair began to walk closer and closer together with the camera shakily switching between the pair; tracing its way up both of their athletic bodies. The fog started to fill up the stage floor as there was a shot of them walking closer to each other side on (what the audience could see). The camera was a lot more focused during this section and we slowly zoomed in towards the action. At 34 seconds in, the lights quick went to black before coming back on. In this time, the male dancer had disappeared with the camera now in a medium-close-up of her looking into the camera. Her face was left of screen, with the camera showing the LED screens and light flashing to the right of her alongside the fog which was slowly making its way up her body.

Our eyes met on the dancefloor
From your gaze, I could tell you wanted more
Yeah, I could feel
Sexual appeal

For you, I'm there for the taking
But you're gonna have to work hard for it
So come meet me...
Come and take me

If you really want me, you'll find your way to me

During that last section, the camera did mixtures of close-ups and further away shot of Meghan singing towards the camera under the mood lighting. She moved closer and closer to the middle of the circular platform with the camera following her as she did. As she got to the line, "So come meet me", the camera slowly moved outwards to the point where you could see standing on the circular platform on her lonesome in the middle. You could see the man that we saw earlier and three other men moving around the circular platform as though they were ballroom dancing by themselves - holding someone that just wasn't there. As the camera moved out, you could see that Meghan's focus wasn't on any of the men that were dancing around her but the camera.

As we came closer to the chorus, there was an extreme close up of her mouth as she said the line, "If you really want me, you'll find your way to me" before there was an establishing shot of the whole arena as the disco balls turned on and golden and red shone through the arena. As she started singing the chorus begun, the four men stopped at each corner of the circle and jumped onto the stage with her, bobbing strongly to the side of the song along with Meghan who sexily trailed her finger on the side of her body. The men were all facing inwards, looking at Meghan only. While they were all bathed in light, the light that was on Meghan was much stronger. There was a shot zooming into Meghan with the lens flare of her dress and the disco ball filling up most of the screen...

Come here - I will dance with you,
The music's a-blaring,
Get's me into the groove.
I won't bite, boy, come!
Show me...
Your best disco move!

Red, green, yellow and blue
Dancing under disco lights,
It's time to get close.
I won't bite, boy, come!
Get me...
I'm waiting for you

At the end of the chorus, there was on a track which moved from one side of the arena to the other side of the arena as the men stepped down from the platform and started moving circularly around it. During this, Meghan slowly moved forward, taking a breath before going straight into the next verse. Capturing her before she started was a camera shot which focused mainly on her face. The fog was now dying down and the LED's behind her were now being used in full force, shifting from red, green, yellow and blue - the four colours that were mentioned in the song. The audience cheered as Meghan started singing once again. She smiled cheekily into the camera as she sings about how she "can see you advancing"...

Now I can see you advancing
Look at that smile, it's naughty but beaming
The mystery
Too much for me

Oh, It feels so good to feel wanted
I've waited a long time
Taking advantage...

You have something for me, so come find your way to me

During the verse that had just gone, Meghan was doing pretty much the same things that she was doing before - singing to the cameras and audience with the lights around her flashing on and off in a disco-theme. Meghan was bobbing along to the song, looking happy and in her element as she got closer and closer to the end. As she sang the last part of the verse, "Taking advantage...", the lights in the arena muted, with a single bright, white light beaming behind her as that last line was said. Suddenly, as we went into the chorus, the colours came back as though it was an explosion.

Come here - I will dance with you,
The music's a-blaring,
Get's me into the groove.
I won't bite, boy, come!
Show me...
Your best disco move!

It's time to get close.
I won't bite, boy, come!
Get me...
I'm waiting for you

As we came to the bridge of the song, the more emotional part of the song, the male dancers were back on the stage, still circling the podium that Meghan was in. A steadicam then joined, running around Meghan as she sang the bridge section. As the steadicam moved around, Meghan moved along with it, looking directly into the lens and she sang. Every few seconds, one of the male dancers would pass in front of her, making it look as though Meghan was turning in circles in a busy club like what is described in the lyrics of the song.

Boy, come!
Pull me in by the waist…
Hold me, come on!
Hold me like this is the last time -
That you'll ever see me.
I'm waiting for you

I'm scared
That I will fall for you
But now...I feel...
Stronger than I've felt for so long
And it's all thanks to you
I'm waiting for you

After the bridge section, she belted out the last line with the camera zooming out from her mouth over the audience before losing focus so all you could see on the screen was lights beaming. As Meghan was about to go into the next section of the song, she looked into the camera that was focused on her before introducing the hosts of Vha Mehlodhivestoile to the stage...

At this point, the disco ball was still turning and the music was still a-blaring.

"WELCOME THE HOSTS OF VM!
YES - THERE IS THREE OF THEM,
ITS TIME YOU'RE INTRODUCED!
THEODORE!
MINI!
AND COLE!!!!!
MEET YOUR VM HOSTS!"

It's time to get close.
I won't bite, boy, come!
Get me...
I'm waiting for you
I'm waiting for you
Yes, I'll wait
I'm waiting for you
Come on, yes, yes, yes, I will wait.

A huge applause in the arena erupted as the song for the 50th World Hit Festival had finished. It was a nice touch for the song to be slightly changed in order to introduce the three hosts of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020 to the stage. As the hosts met in the middle, there was a camera of Meghan Jorgensen who had her hands over her mouth, slightly chuckling. She said into the microphone "Thank you everyone, wish me luck!" Before she ran off the stage very sweetly. The camera angle changed as we saw the three hosts of the competition standing side by side to one another. To the left of screen was a tall figure - the YouTube Personality of Theodore Faucheux. Standing beside him is new-mum and WorldVision Song Contest champion Mini Surrey North, alongside usual Britonish commentator and TV host Cole Heiman. They all had beaming smiles as the camera came close to them, ready to begin the proceedings to the largest National Final in modern times.
Mini Surrey-North: Good Evening Britonisea and to the rest of the World. Welcome to Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020 - here in the legendary Newbury Park Arena in Boschke!

Cole Heiman: Indeed! Vha Mehlodhivestoile is finally back on the screens of Britons and those watching abroad for the fifth year running. Our successful format keeps on getting bigger as 29 participants will grace Vha Mehlodhivestoile's stage, all vying to become the 5th Victor and to go on to represent their country at either the WorldVision Song Contest or World Hit Festival.

Theodore Faucheaux: But it won't be an easy ride whatsoever. There will be three Semi-Finals of eight participants each, with only two acts automatically making it through to the Grand Final while 3rd and 4th place will go to the nerve-wracking and intense Battle Stage, but we will speak about this when we open the votes for the night!

The audience applaud as the three hosts turn around to face the camera to the side of them. The audience was now behind and around the three hosts of the evening as they walked a different side of the arena.
Mini Surrey-North: Just in case you aren't sure of our faces, I am Mini-Surrey North!

Cole Heiman: And I am Cole Heiman! Us two will be hosting the Semi-Finals over the next three weeks.

Theodore Faucheaux: But don't worry, you won't be getting rid of my pretty face anytime soon! During the Semi-Finals, I'll be sitting down alongside the acts in the Greenroom so follow @mehves on Instagram and add us on Snapchat too for the latest updates from me! I'll also hosting the Battle Stage all by myself on 21st March and I'm absolutely bricking it!

Mini Surrey North: Aw, Theo hunny! You'll be absolutely fine - it's honestly a breeze to host. The audience, our Britonish audience, are the best audience to present to...honestly! They'll carry you through!

The audience applaud at the compliments that were coming their way. Theo gets his phone out and points it in the air before starting his livestream on Instagram...
Theodore Faucheaux: Right! I've got the livestream set up on Insta - it's now time to head over into the Greenroom and get chatting to the Artists shall we?

Cole Heiman: Yeah mate! We will see you soon and please Theo, watch where you're going. We don't want to have another tripping accident happening again, do we?!

The audience cheer as Theo shots a glance over at Cole before smirking alongside him. Theo walks off the stage leaving Mini Surrey North and Cole Heiman looking at one another before turning to the camera once again. The lighting slightly changed, it may have been gradual and so undercover that people didn't notice but it was darker and more serious…
Mini Surrey-North: As previously explained by Theo, tonight there will be eight participants that will be competing tonight - with the names of the competing eight being shown on your screen right about now.

Who will qualify?: On paper this is a very strong Semi-Final; a WorldVision winner, three past Direct Finalists and a WV/WHF veteran...The votes open soon...

Cole Heiman: Similarly to last year, in the Semi-Finals, the Britonish influence will be 50% to the international influence. For the Britonish side, the juries will make up 50% while you at home make up the other 50%. Now, while you have 25% of the actual vote, you guys can make a big difference as we have seen in the past few years.

Mini Surrey North: Everything will be translated into points and you'll know at the end of the show the successful two artists who qualify straight to the Grand Final in Alshkan and which two acts (third and fourth) will make a quick stop in Ghiez for the Battle Stage. If you aren't aware as well, the number is displayed on the bottom left hand corner along with the name of the artist and the song.

Cole Heiman: And in true Vha Mehlodhivestoile fashion, the brighter, the whiter the number on the screen, the more you're voting for it. I think it's time to open up those all important voting lines though…

The pair look at each other before they both opened the lines together…
BOTH: THE VOTING LINES ARE NOW OPEN!!

Mini Surrey-North: You can vote via the Mehlodhivestoile 2019 app, or you can vote by calling 0141 2340 22 and the number of when your act is performing. You can also vote by texting "WIN" by texting 623 22 and then the number of your favourite act. For example, if you wanted to vote for act 1, it's 0141 2340 2201. Calls cost 20p but that might vary based on your provider.

Cole Heiman: Each vote we get through text or phone call will result in that being equal to four app votes. If you don't got the money, you can vote via the app which you can download in the Playstore. You will gain 12 free votes.

Mini Surrey-North: Right...it's now time for the first act of the evening. I love my girl-groups, as you all know...WorldVision 35! It's time to see how good Shards of Diamonds are…

Britonisea
Powerbroker

BVC | VM2020 | Semi Final One - The Songs

Postby Britonisea » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:00 pm

PLAYLIST - VHA MEHLODHIVESTOILE 2020 SEMI FINAL ONE (BOSCHKE)
(Playlist begins at Song #1)

Below are the eight songs that make up the first Semi-Final, here in Telm City! We look forward to seeing all of your votes, the acts have worked hard to get here!

SHARDS OF DIAMONDS - "FULL OF SURPRISES"
Tune: The Saturdays - Not Giving Up [Official Video] (00:36 - 01:06)
Boy you never fail to impress
Awestruck - you are the best.
You are, you are, you’re full of surprises
And for me, you are always there
Non-stop - you always care.
You are, you are, you’re full of surprises

Don’t want you stop, no - keep on going, oh
Never stop your love, we’re going strong, oh
Keep on being full of surprises, woah
Don’t want you stop, no - keep on going, oh
Never stop your love, we’re going strong, oh
Keep on being full of surprises, woah

LEO MARSHALL-HUNTE - "YOU'VE GOT ME"
Tune: Dalton Harris - Cry [Official Video] (00:39 - 01:05)
You want me as much as I want

You - baby,
I cannot hold back.
‘Cuz when we’re together it’s ecstasy,
You have a hold over me

You - baby,
Why you gotta hurt me so bad
Can’t spend a day not thinking about you
You’ve got me where you want me

ZOE WILKINSON - "WAR"
Tune: ILIRA - PAY ME BACK! (00:33 - 01:05)
Yes, I know!
The war’s begun, it’s time to have some fun
Oh, I know!
Don’t be scared, you brought this upon yourself
Now, I know!
We can see your true colours, oh they glow...
Wish way back when, you’d said no?

Now boy, I know!
Yeah
(Yes, I know)
Wish way back when, you’d said no?
Cuz boy I...

After that jumpy performance from Zoe Wilkinson, the audience cheered for the direct Grand Finalist from last year. Would she make it another year straight to the Grand Final? We would find out by the end of the show. We were joined by Theo in the Greenroom, who managed to pull the first of our Battle Stage qualifiers, Cyrus Yi who will be later performing his song, "Be With Me" during the interval act.

Theodore Faucheux: Hello everybody, I hope you are enjoying the show so far. If you didn't know already, two of the four Battle Stage prequalifiers will be performing during the interval tonight - exciting times! I've managed to pull Cyrus Yi, from Axuva, from the changing rooms to get his thoughts and feelings ahead of his first performance of Vha Mehlodhivestoile.

The audience cheered loudly as Cyrus Yi walks into shot. Theodore places his hand behind Cyrus' shoulder before he starts to ask him questions about his performance.
Theodore Faucheux:Hello Cyrus! Now you're not the first international act to grace the stage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile, but I would like to know why you in particular wanted to come to Britonisea to participate? Are you a fan? Were you recommended?

Cyrus Yi: Hey... Um, I wanted to come to Britonisea because I felt like it would be a really good opportunity for me to show off what I can do to the world. Especially if I reach the ened of the contest. And this is no downplay to Axuva, I just decided that going to Britonisea to do this project would be something different and it will show that talent from Axuva can stretch beyond Axuva and go far and wide in the world and that it is possible to start somewhere else other than Axuva.

Theodore Fauchaux: You will be performing your song later tonight during the interval act where fans can catch a glimpse of how your performance would be...if you were to go to WorldVision or World Hit Festival. How are you feeling about this prospect? Are you excited?

Cyrus Yi: If I were to make it to Worldvision or World Hit Festival, I'd be really excited because this is what this entire thing is about. I came here to win. I love to sing, I love music, period. It would mean a lot to me and the moment I've been hoping for will finally happen and it would just mean a lot.

Theodore Fauchaux: How has your time in Britonisea been, especially in Boschke! Boschke is a wonderful city - in the short amount of time that you've been here have you done much exploring?

Cyrus Yi: It's been good. I love going outside and just going to different places. I'm really adventurous and I just love to look at different things. That was the first thing I planned to do when first getting to Boschke. And so far I've been enjoying everything here so, yeah.

Theodore Fauchaux: Thank you very much Cyrus, I cannot wait to see your performance during the interval.

Cyrus Yi: My pleasure, Thank you.

Theodore Fauchaux: He's represented us once back at the 49th WorldVision Song Contest and he'd like to do it again. With his song, "Poison", it's Justs Prazeres...

JUSTS PRAZERES - "POISON"
Tune: Isaac Dunbar - isaac's insects [Official Audio] (00:44 - 01:20)
My heart, it’s licorice black
Clogged with your poison, death awaits
I’m relieved to leave this life behind,
Forget what you helped destroy.
I can’t wait, can’t wait
End it all now for me
Forgive my impatience

I wish I was happier,
I wish I wasn’t hurt as much
It’s all your fault
(Your fault)(Your fault)
(Your fault)(Your fault)
(Your fault)(Your fault)

ANTON CORKE - "SEVEN SEAS"
Tune: Robin Bengtsson - Take A Chance (00:38 - 01:10)
(I’m) alone all the time,
You’re the missing key

Would you sail away with me?
Trav’ling 'round the seven seas,
Just imagine all the possibilities.
Would you sail away with me?
Go somewhere so heavenly
Yeah, we can lose ourselves in serenity
The way it should be.

The fifth performance of the night was from a man who has made some leaps in the odds - but do the odds predict his success? Semi-Final 1 is a hard Semi this year. As the audience applauds after Anton, we are joined by the Greenroom host, Theo, once again. This time, he's pulled Katie Reece-Boyst for a chat on the daybeds sofas in the Greenroom.
Theodore Faucheux: Hey, everyone - yep it's me again interrupting the music. While I am sure you'd love to hear from Mya Richardson, I've been told that I have to interrupt you all. But for good reason! Remember the automatic qualifiers that I was speaking about earlier? Well, not one but TWO automatic Battle Stage qualifiers will be singing tonight. We are really treating you all at home. I am joined by Katie Reece-Boyst alongside boyfriend Dean Boyst...

There was a huge cheer in the audience for Dean Boyst as the camera zoomed out to include him in the picture. For those who didn't know, Dean Boyst participated in Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2017, where he came 3rd overall. His song was sent to the World Hit Festival 37, where he won Britonisea's 2nd World Hit Festival trophy.
Theodore Faucheux: Now we don't have long and there's two of you. I'll speak to you first Katie, since you're the performer haha! Tell us how nervous or excited you are to be performing on Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020 stage?

Katie Reece-Boyst: I am actually so excited to perform tonight in front of millions of people who will be watching at home and the thousands in the arena. I am very nervous to perform at the Battle Stage as I guess, that'll be Judgement day for me. But for tonight, I cannot wait to get my teeth stuck into the Vha Mehlodhivestoile hype!

Theodore Faucheux: And your song, "Clarity", could you tell us in a few words what that song means to you?

Katie Reece-Boyst: You know, I feel as though the title of the song is quite self-explanatory. I don't understand a certain situation, and I am singing about needing more clarity. One might argue that I am in denial about something. That's for your own interpretation, though!

Theodore Faucheux: And Dean Boyst...

The Britonish audience cheers loudly again for Dean Boyst as the camera slowly turns around to focus on Dean. Katie puts her hand on Dean's lap as Theo asks Dean a quick question...
Theodore Faucheux: And finally from you, Dean. It's been three years and 1 week since you performed your song "I'm Hurting Too" in position #5 in Semi-Final 1. What advice do you have for the acts of Semi-Final 1 and all the acts in Vha Mehlodhivestoile?

Dean Boyst: Wow! Has it really been three years and a week? It doesn't feel like it. Um, I don't know because I was a nervous wreck but I won the Semi, so I suppose all I have to say is have faith in your song and you'll truly succeed!

Theodore Faucheux: Katie and Dean Boyst everybody!

The audience cheer as the pair waved at the camera. Theo got up and started walking away from them. It was now time for the last three competitive performances of the night.
Theodore Faucheux: Yes! Thank you everyone. We now have three performances to round off the night. All of these acts have qualified straight to the Grand Final before so....good luck to them this time! Mya Richardson is next on the stage...
We then head to the VT of Mya Richardson...

MYA RICHARDSON - "FOREVER MINE"
Tune: TAMTA - Don't Kiss Goodbye [Official Audio] (00:43 - 01:13)
When you touch my body,
The way that I feel is indescribable,
I just love it.
Come and hold me once more
And never let go.
Forever in my heart -
You are forever mine.

Forever mine

[Chorus Instrumental]

ARVIN DALIR - "HOWEVER LONG IT TAKES"
Tune: Julian Lamadrid - Mess [Official Video] (01:16 - 01:46)
I am standing here all alone,
Just waiting in the rain for you.
However long it takes,
However long it takes.

And there's no pressure,
'Cuz girl, I will wait
However long it takes,
However long it takes.

KAYLEY - "BEAUTIFUL"
Tune: MARINA - True [Official Audio] (00:36 - 01:06)

Every woman, hear my voice now
We’re all beautiful, all so beautiful
Just as long as,
You know this fact.
Deep in your heart
You are a star

I know how hard it can be to
Believe that you’re not, you’re not beautiful
Just know deep down,
You are a star
Nobody can
Top your beauty...

It was the end of all performances now. We were joined by the main hosts who would introduce the next part of the proceedings...
Last edited by Britonisea on Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

BVC | VM2020 | Semi Final 1 - The Interval Act

Postby Britonisea » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:10 pm

Continued Coverage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020. LIVE from Boschke, Britonisea with your hosts Mini Surrey North and Cole Heiman, with Theodore Faucheux in the Greenroom.

The camera zoomed over the audience as they applauded the eight acts in the recap. However, it was time to announce that the voting deadline is closed. Unlike in previous years where the voting lines closed straight after the recap after the seventh song, the voting lines would be open for a bit longer - at the end of the first of the interval acts tonight, which Mini and Cole were about to announce…

Cole Heiman: As I am sure you are aware by now, this year at Vha Mehlodhivestoile, there are four acts that have already pre-qualified to the Battle Stage, which is set to happen in Ghiez in three weeks time. As per tradition, before you get to the Battle Stage, you perform on the main stage during the Semis.

Mini Surrey-North: And who are we to break tradition?! For the first time in Vha Mehlodhivestoile Semi-Final history, we’re going to cram two performances in during the interval act, with the first one being from Cyrus Yi from Axuva who successfully gained a qualification spot in the Battle Stage.

Cole Heiman: And just in case you’re wondering, you’re still able to vote for your favourite Vha Mehlodhivestoile Semi-Final 1 act until the recap after Cyrus’ performance!

Mini Surrey-North: And so without futher ado, please welcome Cyrus Yi to the stage with his VM2020 song, “Be With You”!

Interval Act - Automatic Battle Stage Qualifier 1
Cyrus Yi - Be With Me
Tune:Matt Simons - Open Up
So let me prove myself,
Just give me a chance.
I wanna show you how large my heart’s for you.
And yes this is because
You’re the only one
That I can see, and I want to hold you

The audience cheered for the Axuvian who performed on Britonish television for the firs time. We then saw our two main hosts standing off to the side...
Cole Heiman: That was a really good performance, Cyrus. I certainly enjoyed that tune! Definitely on my list of Vha Mehlodhivestoile bangers!

Mini Surrey-North: I have to agree with you there, Cole! I cannot wait to see you, Cyrus, on the stage in Ghiez for the Battle Stage, and hopefully, we can have a little chat during the show as well.

Cole Heiman: Welcome to Britonisea and we hope you enjoy your journey at Vha Mehlodhivestoile!

There are cheers from the audience as Cyrus is directed off the stage by Britonish personnel. The acts turn to the camera and wait for the audience to die down before moving on. Their faces were a lot more serious than they were before and lighting slightly changed as they looked more serious.

**RECAP: The Eight Songs of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020**
01 Shards of Diamonds
02 Leo Marshall-Hunte
03 Zoe Wilkinson
04 Justs Prazeres
05 Anton Corke
06 Mya Richardson
07 Arvin Dalir
08 KAYLEY

Cole Heiman: Britonisea, you have had just over 50 minutes to vote for your favourite act and now it is time to stop. There’s 15 seconds on the clock…

The audience go wild as the clock starts to count down from 15 seconds. Amongst the cacophony of cheering, one could start to hear the counting of numbers before the audience started counting down together by the time they reached “8”
Mini Surrey-North: They’ve tried their best, they’ve worked hard and for four of them, their journey ends right now...by you. 5...4...3...2...1….Britonisea, stop voting now!

Pyro shot into the sky as the first Semi-Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile’s votes were all in. People at home who were trying to finish their 12 free votes were locked from the voting page on the VM2020 page. Apparently tens of thousands of free votes were left unspent but that doesn’t matter, the votes that were used count. It was now time for the hosts to announce the second performance.
Mini Surrey-North: Wow! Now, while the brainy bunch collect the scores from Britonisea and put them with the Britonish Jury votes from yesterday and the International Televotes and Jury votes, we are going to listen to the second of the four songs that pre-qualified to the Battle Stage in Ghiez.

Cole Heiman: Up next we have Katie Reece-Boyst, the wife of the one and only Dean Boyst, performing her song, “Clarity”!

Interval Act - Automatic Battle Stage Qualifier 2
Katie Reece-Boyst - Clarity
Tune: Marina Kaye - The Whole 9
It’s undefined,
I don’t understand you
No, I cannot comprehend
Oh I need some clarity

I’m in shock, disbelief.
I’ve read it from start to end
Oh I need some clarity

Mini Surrey-North: Thank you very much for that wonderful performance!

Cole Heiman: Give us some mood music, it's now time to find out whether all the votes of Vha Mehlodhivestoile have been registered. We will go over to the Executive Producer of Vha Mehlodhivestoile to find out...

The audience cheer loudly as we move into the gallery in the back to find the exective producer to ask if the votes are ready to be revealed.

Find out what happens on Friday 6 March 2020 at 8pm! For now, here's how to vote in Semi-Final 1!

Britonisea
Powerbroker

HOW TO VOTE!

Postby Britonisea » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:11 pm

HOW TO VOTE
Below, you can find out the details of how you vote;

There are 8 (eight) songs competing in this Semi-Final. You can find them here: Semi Final 1 - Boschke - The Songs
In order to vote for your favourite song, you have to give them the top mark of 12 (twelve) points, while your second favourite gets 10 (ten) points.
Below, you can find out all the information and a code to make it easy for you to vote.

QUICK INFORMATION
A user is allowed to vote up to 1 (one) time per Semi-Final.
A maximum of 8 (eight) nations can vote per Semi-Final. Any votes after the maximum or after the "STANDBY" will be discredited.
Nations can use either Jury Vote, Jury + Televote or Televote for VM2020. If your nation isn't broadcasting VM2020, you will not be able to use Televote.
If you'd like to broadcast VM2020 and have not yet been added, please provide your broadcaster info underneath your votes.

SCORING SYSTEM
12 - Favourite entry of the eight.
10 - Second favourite entry of the eight.
7 - Third favourite entry of the eight.
5 - Fourth favourite entry of the eight.
3 - Fifth favourite entry of the eight.
2 - Sixth favourite entry of the eight.
1 - Seventh favourite entry of the eight.
0 - Least favourite entry of the eight.

Post your results on this thread in a reply.

Code: Select all
[b][u]VOTING IN VHA MEHLODHIVESTOILE 2020 - SEMI FINAL 1 - BOSCHKE[/u][/b]

[b]Full Nation Name:[/b]
[b]Voting Method:[/b] [] Jury Vote [] Televote [] Jury+Televote
[Tab=20][size=85](Nations that do not broadcast VM2020 cannot use televote - delete this line upon posting)[/size][/Tab]
[b]Voting #:[/b] XX/08
[Tab=20][size=85](Only eight nations can vote in each Semi-Final. Delete this line upon posting)[/size][/Tab]

[b]The Scores:[/b]
12-
10-
7-
5-
3-
2-
1-
0-

Feel free to join us in the WV/WHF Discord Channel for a Vha Mehlodhivestoile SF1 Listen-Along to help you rank all the entries at 9PM GMT on Sunday 1st March 2020!

Achaean Republic
Diplomat

Founded: May 26, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Achaean Republic » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:58 pm

VOTING IN VHA MEHLODHIVESTOILE 2020 - SEMI FINAL 1 - BOSCHKE

Full Nation Name: Achaean Republic
Voting Method: [] Jury Vote [X] Televote [] Jury+Televote
Voting #: 01/08

The Scores:
12-JUSTS PRAZERES - "POISON"
10-LEO MARSHALL-HUNTE - "YOU'VE GOT ME"
7-KAYLEY - "BEAUTIFUL"
5-SHARDS OF DIAMONDS - "FULL OF SURPRISES"
3-MYA RICHARDSON - "FOREVER MINE"
2-ARVIN DALIR - "HOWEVER LONG IT TAKES"
1-ZOE WILKINSON - "WAR"
0-ANTON CORKE - "SEVEN SEAS"

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:23 am

Full Nation Name: The Allied States of Polkopia
Voting Method: [] Jury Vote [] Televote [X] Jury+Televote
Voting #: 02/08

The Scores:
12- SHARDS OF DIAMONDS - "FULL OF SURPRISES"
10- LEO MARSHALL-HUNTE - "YOU'VE GOT ME"
7- ARVIN DALIR - "HOWEVER LONG IT TAKES"
5- ZOE WILKINSON - "WAR"
3- KAYLEY - "BEAUTIFUL"
2- JUSTS PRAZERES - "POISON"
1- MYA RICHARDSON - "FOREVER MINE"
0- ANTON CORKE - "SEVEN SEAS"
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Izmedu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:50 am

Full Nation Name: Izmedu
Voting Method: [] Jury Vote [] Televote [X] Jury+Televote
Voting #: 03/08

The Scores:
12-SHARDS OF DIAMONDS - "FULL OF SURPRISES"
10-KAYLEY - "BEAUTIFUL"
7-ZOE WILKINSON - "WAR"
5-LEO MARSHALL-HUNTE - "YOU'VE GOT ME"
3-JUSTS PRAZERES - "POISON"
2-MYA RICHARDSON - "FOREVER MINE"
1-ANTON CORKE - "SEVEN SEAS"
0-ARVIN DALIR - "HOWEVER LONG IT TAKES"
Last edited by Izmedu on Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF IZMEDU
WorldVision Song Contest - World Hit Festival

Besen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Besen » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:58 pm

Full Nation Name: United Kingdom of Besen
Voting Method: [x] Jury Vote [] Televote [] Jury+Televote
Voting #: 04/08

The Scores:
12- KAYLEY - "BEAUTIFUL"
10- ANTON CORKE - "SEVEN SEAS"
7- ZOE WILKINSON - "WAR"
5- SHARDS OF DIAMONDS - "FULL OF SURPRISES"
3- MYA RICHARDSON - "FOREVER MINE"
2- ARVIN DALIR - "HOWEVER LONG IT TAKES"
1- JUSTS PRAZERES - "POISON"
0- LEO MARSHALL-HUNTE - "YOU'VE GOT ME"

Llalta
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 09, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Llalta » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:02 pm

Full Nation Name: Llalta
Voting #: 05/08

The Scores:
12-LEO MARSHALL-HUNTE "YOU'VE GOT ME"
10-SHARDS OF DIAMONDS - "FULL OF SURPRISES"
7-ARVIN DALIR - "HOWEVER LONG IT TAKES"
5-MYA RICHARDSON - "FOREVER MINE"
3-ANTON CORKE - "SEVEN SEAS"
2-ZOE WILKINSON - "WAR"
1-KAYLEY - "BEAUTIFUL"
0-JUSTS PRAZERES - "POISON"
~*✧*~
どんなに怖くたって目お逸らさないよ
全ての終わりに愛があるなら
~*✧*~

Togonistan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 08, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:06 pm

Full Nation Name: Republic of Togonistan
Voting #: 06/08

The Scores:
12- ANTON CORKE - "SEVEN SEAS"
10- MYA RICHARDSON - "FOREVER MINE"
7- SHARDS OF DIAMONDS - "FULL OF SURPRISES"
5- ZOE WILKINSON - "WAR"
3- KAYLEY - "BEAUTIFUL"
2- ARVIN DALIR - "HOWEVER LONG IT TAKES"
1- LEO MARSHALL-HUNTE - "YOU'VE GOT ME"
0- JUSTS PRAZERES - "POISON"

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:23 pm

Full Nation Name: Normandy and Picardy
Voting Method: [X] Jury Vote [] Televote [] Jury+Televote
Voting #: 07/08

The Scores:
12- ANTON CORKE - "SEVEN SEAS"
10- KAYLEY - "BEAUTIFUL"
7- MYA RICHARDSON - "FOREVER MINE"
5- SHARDS OF DIAMONDS - "FULL OF SURPRISES"
3- JUSTS PRAZERES - "POISON"
2- ZOE WILKINSON - "WAR"
1- LEO MARSHALL-HUNTE - "YOU'VE GOT ME"
0- ARVIN DALIR - "HOWEVER LONG IT TAKES"
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Ertzei Kishim
Envoy

Founded: Aug 12, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ertzei Kishim » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:44 pm

Full Nation Name: Ertzei Kishim
Voting Method: [X] Jury Vote [] Televote [] Jury+Televote
Voting #: 08/08

The Scores:
12- SHARDS OF DIAMONDS - "FULL OF SURPRISES"
10- KAYLEY - "BEAUTIFUL"
7- ANTON CORKE - "SEVEN SEAS"
5- ZOE WILKINSON - "WAR"
3- MYA RICHARDSON - "FOREVER MINE"
2- LEO MARSHALL-HUNTE - "YOU'VE GOT ME"
1- JUSTS PRAZERES - "POISON"
0- ARVIN DALIR - "HOWEVER LONG IT TAKES"

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Voting has closed.

Postby Britonisea » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:06 pm

STANDBY
Voting in Semi-Final 1 has now closed.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Finding out our qualifiers!

Postby Britonisea » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:30 am

Continued Coverage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020. LIVE from Boschke, Britonisea with your hosts Mini Surrey North and Cole Heiman, with Theodore Faucheux in the Greenroom.

The camera zooms over to the Executive Producer for Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020, Lewis Schmit, who is smiling, looking up as the camera meets him at the top of the arena. He sits amongst a panel of four others, with him being in the middle of them all. Lewis is holding a microphone to his face as he readies himself to start speaking by clearing his throat.

Lewis Schmit: Thank you Cole and Mini for that little introduction. Tonight in Britonisea, we have received 8,773,505 votes, with around 79% of total votes being counted for coming from our app. Download the app if you haven't already!

Mini Surrey North: Thanks Lewis! Could you tell us more about the international juries?

Lewis Schmit: Yes, of course, I can. Eight nations voted in this Semi-Final making it the joint largest Vha Mehlodhivestoile Semi-Final ever. This year, a total of 21 nations are showing Vha Mehlodhivestoile on television, and we gave the nations broadcasting Vha Mehlodhivestoile an opportunity to have their own televote.

Cole Heiman: How very interesting!

Lewis Schmit: Achaean Republic, Togonistan and Llalta decided to use a 100% televote to come up with their results with Polkopia and Izmedu using a mixture of both Jury vote and Televote. Normandy & Picardy, Ertzei Kishim and Besen all decided to go for the 100% Jury vote. So we really have a mixed bag this Semi-Final and so seeing all the votes coming in from all the nations, especially the first five I mentioned, was a treat and a huge step in Vha Mehlodhivestoile, the truly international national final.

The audience cheered as Lewis smiled into the camera. There was a shot of the whole arena before the cameras focused back on Lewis. Cole started speaking as the camera was trained on Lewis...
Cole Heiman: So, would you be able to tell us whether all the votes are ready and can you send them over to us?

Lewis Schmit: Yes! I can confirm that all of the votes have been counted for and I am sending them over to you now. Thank you all and enjoy the results - there are definitely some surprises!

The audience throws a loud "oooo" sound as the camera turns back to Mini Surrey North and Cole Heiman who react to the scores that they had just received. The look at each other wide-eyed before looking back at the camera. This shows up on the screen as Mini Surrey North can be shown on the side.

2 Grand Finalists, 2 Battle Stagers: Only four of the eight acts above will remain in Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020.

Mini and Cole had only one job to do and that was to announce the winners Grand Finalists and Battle Stagers, but this was after they explained the procedures...

Britonisea
Powerbroker

The first Battle Stage + Grand Final qualifier REVEALED!

Postby Britonisea » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:00 pm

Mini Surrey North begins to speak...
Mini Surrey North: Right so this is how we are going to do it. All of the scores have been added together from the International votes and the Britonish votes. If you don't remember, the Britonish televote makes up 50% of the Britonish vote and the Britonish Jury makes up for the other half. Huge changes can happen on the scoreboard in the meantime. We will release all of the votes at the end of Vha Mehlodhivestoile on the 4th April 2020. For now, we will be revealing a Battle Stage qualifier before revealing a Grand Finalist. The Grand Finalist will get to perform their song once more. We will then do this process again with the last Grand Finalist singing us out.

Cole Heiman: You will be able to find out the rankings of the four that missed out on qualifying on our official wikipedia page along with the scores given out by the international votes. Are you ready to find out the first qualifier? Well, I can tell you that....

The first act qualifying to the Battle Stage on the 21st March 2020 in Ghiez is...

LEO MARSHALL HUNTE
"You've Got Me"

The audience applaud as the camera focused on Leo Marshall-Hunte as he jumped into the air. His brother last year also went to the Battle Stage. Would he do better than his brother and go to the Grand Final?

Mini Surrey North: It's now time to find out who is going to qualify straight to the Grand Final in Alshkan! Who do you guys think it is?

The audience started shouting some random names...
Cole Heiman: Well we can confirm that the first Grand Final qualifier of 2020 is...

KAYLEY
"Beautiful"

KAYLEY - "BEAUTIFUL"
Tune: MARINA - True [Official Audio] (00:36 - 01:06)

Every woman, hear my voice now
We’re all beautiful, all so beautiful
Just as long as,
You know this fact.
Deep in your heart
You are a star

I know how hard it can be to
Believe that you’re not, you’re not beautiful
Just know deep down,
You are a star
Nobody can
Top your beauty...

KAYLEY goes direct to the Grand Final for the second time in her career which is equalling a record set by Mello Cinde. KAYLEY performs her song once again before we go back to the two hosts...
Last edited by Britonisea on Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

The last Battle Stage + Grand Final qualifier REVEALED!

Postby Britonisea » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:30 pm

As the audience calms down and KAYLEY leaves the stage, the hosts appear on the stage once again with smiling faces...
Cole Heiman: Congratulations to KAYLEY for getting through to the Grand Final of Vha Mehlohdivestoile for the second time. I wonder who else will qualify to the next stage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile. Mini, do you think that you could provide us with some assistance?

Mini Surrey North: Oh course I can. Just to tell you all at home, you will be able to find out the official scores from Vha Mehlodhivestoile's Juries on our official wikipedia page. I think it's time to find out who is our second qualifier to the Battle Stage.

The last act qualifying to the Battle Stage on the 21st March 2020 in Ghiez is...

it is....

it's...

SHARDS OF DIAMONDS
"Full of Surprises"

The audience applauds as the five girls stay in the competition. They all hug one another before walking off the stage. There stood five more acts. Zoe Wilkinson had been a favourite to win the competition, especially after the song was revealed. Mya Richardson had been in this situation before, and if she weren't to make it through this time, it would mean that this would be her third non-qualifier. Justs Prazeres was also in the line-up. His song was very popular in Britonisea and so would be a shame for the song not to qualify as well. Arvin Dalir, who was the known underdog from 2018 was also in the line-up and the question was whether he would be able to create another shock for Britons and qualify...

Cole Heiman: Right, everyone! We are going to find out who the second qualifier of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020 is! This is very exciting, isn't it? Right...

Who is going to join KAYLEY in the Grand Final? Mini do you want to take it away?

The audience started shouting some random names and the camera focused on Mini who looked at the camera very sternly.
Cole Heiman: Well we can confirm that the last Grand Final qualifier of 2020 is...

JUSTS PRAZERES
"Poison"

The audience respond well as Justs Prazeres is called out as the second Grand Finalist qualifier. This means that Mini Surrey North, Zoe Wilkinson and Arvin Dalir (all previous Direct finalists) have been knocked out of the competition alongside Anton Corke. Justs Prazeres walked over to the main stage to sing his song...

Mini Surrey-North: Congratulations to Justs Prazeres and KAYLEY! We will see you both in the Grand Final on the 4th April in Alshkan!

Cole Heiman: Indeed! Congratulations to Shards of Diamonds and Leo Marshall-Hunte as well, we will see you in Ghiez on the 21st March 2020 for the Battle Stage. What a great show it has been!

Mini Surrey-North: It's been absolutely fantastic hasn't it? Next we the same thing will happen - eight songs will compete to qualify to the Grand Final. We will also have performances from our WorldVision entry and the last two automatic Battle Stage qualifiers.

Cole Heiman: WE RETURN AT 6:30PM NEXT WEEK! This is due to the World Hit Festival 50 starting earlier. Good luck to you Meghan for Tuesday! I cannot wait. For now, though...

BOTH: HAVE A GOOD EVENING!

JUSTS PRAZERES - "POISON"
Tune: Isaac Dunbar - isaac's insects [Official Audio] (00:44 - 01:20)
My heart, it’s licorice black
Clogged with your poison, death awaits
I’m relieved to leave this life behind,
Forget what you helped destroy.
I can’t wait, can’t wait
End it all now for me
Forgive my impatience

I wish I was happier,
I wish I wasn’t hurt as much
It’s all your fault
(Your fault)(Your fault)
(Your fault)(Your fault)
(Your fault)(Your fault)

The camera faded to black to the sounds of cheering and celebration as KAYLEY and Justs Prazeres held their flowers and faced the press...

VHA MEHLODHIVESTOILE SEMI FINAL TWO BEGINS ON SATURDAY 7 MARCH 2020, 6:30 PM GMT.
Last edited by Britonisea on Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

BVC | #VM2020 | Semi Final 2 - Doportedas, Britonisea

Postby Britonisea » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:30 am

Live Coverage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020. LIVE from Boschke, Britonisea with your hosts Cole Heiman and Theodore Faucheux, with Mini Surrey-North in the Greenroom.

A grand total of 8 nations voted in the 1st Semi-Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile, hitting the maximum amount of nations that would be invited to any one of the Semis. 11.82 million tuned in to the 1st Semi-Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile last Saturday, which represents the second highest viewing for the opening show of the competition. The competition saw Justs Prazeres and KAYLEY go direct to the Grand Final to be held in Alshkan while Shards of Diamonds and Leo Marshall-Hunte make a stop at Ghiez for the Battle Stage. Tonight, the same process happens again. Eight Britonish acts will fight to enter the top 4 and go to the next rounds of Vha Mehlodhivestoile in the capital of the country, Doportedas in The Grand Hall. Everyone was told to take their seats. This evening, the show was starting an hour and a half ahead of schedule (the time was currently 6:29pm) due to the upcoming World Hit Festival 50 Grand Final starting at 8pm. BVC knew many nations, including Izmedu - the hosts - would be simulcasting VM2020 Semi-Final 2 and so tonight’s show would be slightly shorter to avoid any clashes. The clock hit 6:30pm, it was time for Semi-Final 2 to begin. The titles of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020 started to play.

It was time for the performance from the upcoming WorldVision Song Contest entry. For the third year in a row, the Vha Mehlodhivestoile Semi-Final 2 opening act was dedicated to Britonisea’s upcoming WV entry with it providing success in the past. The first time this was done, back in 2018, Frida Grover performed in Alshkan during the Second Semi-Final before going on to win the 63rd WorldVision Song Contest, an edition before Taron Woods won it again for the nation in ‘64. For the 2019 edition, Eva Almast performed in the 2nd Semi-Final before placing 6th in the Grand Final at the 72nd WorldVision Song Contest. This edition, Concordium will be representing Britonisea at the 80th WorldVision Song Contest and therefore, they were invited to perform in the capital. Concordium is the first “group” to represent Britonisea in 44 editions when The Serpentents represented Britonisea in Todlichebujoku, scoring a dismal 18 points in 36th place. The nation is hoping for a much more successful entry this time around….

The tune started to play...

The lighting was lowkey, and so was the colour of the camera shots too, with a sepia look being used for the opening here. As the strong drums came in, the camera slowly panned down to the four of them as they stood on each of their podiums. The camera wasn't in focus, with the audience only being able to make out for bodies standing fiercely amongst what seemed to look like a dystopian scenery behind them. As that scream was heard, another shot from further away in the arena was used and zoomed in quickly to the four of them. Red started being shone on the four of them, flashing and blinking, creating the sense of urgency. White flashes were also seen as multiple different camera angles before the first person sang.

There was a flash of darkness (quite the oxymoron there), and as we came from the darkness, the camera was poised on the first singer of the night, Alyssia....

You've made your choice, gather your men.
Prepare them for the war, your decision's final.
No turning back, willingly you have crossed the Rubicon
And so

Ignore your fears, they'll hold you down
Have no regrets - you're a warrior now
So, on we march...

For most of the verse when Alyssia was singing, the camera was focused on her only. Very quickly, the camera would flick quick images of the other three members of Concordium. They all looked at the camera, with faces of readiness for war, readiness for their section of the songs to come. It was time for Reynold and Grace to sing during the pre-chorus of the song, with the pair of them bringing the microphones to their face - both with a slight smirk on their faces. They turned to look at one another as they sang the pre-chorus. During the pre-chorus of the song, the camera had the image of Reynold on the left and Grace on the right, moving in, over the image of Alyssia before Alyssia was out of the shot. Alyssia held the microphone down by her side, looking forward and keeping her poker face on. The pair currently sang together before George shouted the lyrics, "So, on we march!" with the lights coming together to George as he bent his knees to force those lyrics out of his body. The camera was quick to focus on George as he sang this.

We had then moved on to the chorus of the song, with the four of them pounding their feet against the cinder blocks that they all stood on. There was a camera shot which zoomed from one side of the arena to the other side, with the audience watching at home gaining the scope on the setting that they had missed out.

We are entering hell on Earth,
I hear the screams, pleading for our help.
What now, since we cannot slow down?
Through the flames,
Through the fire,
Through the blaze,
Don't matter - we march on

So, on we march!

As the group said the phrases, "Through the.." each of the time they did, the camera zoomed in from afar to one member of Concordium, with them going from Alyssia, Reynold, Grace before going to George who shouted the "Don't matter - we march on" with his eyes clenched closed and he belted out that line, raising his hand in the air. They continued singing the chorus by repeating the pre-chorus once again. It was now time for George to sing much more than just the "On We March" sections. The lights in the arena was not as fierce as they once were as we head closer and closer to George as he sang his part of the song, his verse. There was a bright white light on George as he looked deep into the beckoning lens. He didn't want to mess up his chance to shine during the performance, but his heart was beating rapidly as he knew the millions of eyes watching him. George quickly pulled his head back up with the lights brightly flickering a single light, changing camera shot to once slightly higher than him, with his eyes moving from left to right along with the movement of the camera.

You're not alone,
War's not for the faint-hearted, but I'm here,
A shoulder to cry on.
Think of what could-
What could come of this,
A new life for you and I

So, on we march!

Once again it was time for Grace, but now with the addition of Alyssia to sing their parts of the song and following the same movements as the last time, the pair turned to face one another as they lead the song from the verse to the chorus. Similarly to what happened to the first pre-chorus, the shots of Grace and Alyssia moved in from the left and the right of the screen as the strong figure of George was covered by the two of them. Fire combusted in the scenery in the LED. There was another shot of the whole of the stage as all of the members sang strongly into their microphones during this chorus, yet still remaining in sync with one another in terms of movements.

We are entering hell on Earth,
I hear the screams, pleading for our help.
What now, since we cannot slow down?
Through the flames,
Through the fire,
Through the blaze,
Don't matter - we march on!

In what was a short version of the chorus, George shouted the lyrics once again as the storm seemed to disperse as we moved into Grace's bridge section. George and Alyssia, who were out of shot, got off their cinder blocks as the camera focused on Grace singing this section.

From dawn to dusk,
Through all the hate
We'll fight and fight until we've won,
Until we're glorious, yeah!
And, no, nothing will stand in my way but death and I-
I am not scared

Everything seemed to suddenly calm down all of a sudden. There was a shot of far away as Reynold and Grace moved down from the cinder blocks to join Alyssia and George who were already down on the stage floor. As Alyssia began to sing the "ignore your fears..." section, the camera focused on her, with the fan machines blowing delicately on her face. She moved the strands of hair which were blocking her vision. Before she knew it, all members of her group had joined her down on the stage floor. The camera slowly moved out as they all started to sing the song with her, with Grace coming in first before the men came in too. The lights were spotlights with fire being burnt behind them on the LEDs alone. Suddenly, flashes of white flickered through the whole of the arena behind them the audience being heard over the group. It was time for the instrumental of the song, with the lasers that we saw on the stage earlier now pointing at them.

[INSTRUMENTAL]

So, on we march!
So, on we march!

So, on we march!

Right at the end of the performance, the shot quickly zoomed in on the four of them as they held their hands out above them. They all were breathing heavily as the audience applauded after them. They all hugged before shouting their thank-yous to the microphone. They all felt great after that performance - they felt as though it was worth it. They knew they did their country proud no matter the result.

Cole Heiman: Hekki Brityunik! Welcome back to Vha Mehlodhivestoile for what is the second show of 2020 in the capital city of Doportedas! We’re your hosts for tonight, I’m Cole Heiman…

Theodore Faucheux: And my name is Theodore Faucheux and we’ll be hearing eight Britonish performances as you vote for the two songs you’d like to join both KAYLEY and Justs Prazeres directly in the Grand Final. Alternatively, you might want to give two more songs a second chance in the Battle Stage alongside Shards of Diamonds and Leo Marshall-Hunte.

Cole Heiman: Indeed! We have listened to 108 Vha Mehlodhivestoile songs so far over the past five editions and tonight we’re going to add 10 more to this list. We can announce to you now that…

BOTH: THE VOTING LINES FOR SEMI-FINAL 2 ARE NOW OPEN!

Another tough Semi-Final: There’s been a lot of hype for Semi-Final 2 since the song reveal. Who will qualify from the second Semi-Final? No one is sure…

Theodore Faucheux: We’re going to read out to you the stuff we read out every week, but please do pay attention! The Britonish influence will be 50% to the international influence. For the Britonish side, the juries will make up 50% while you at home make up the other 50%. Now, while you have 25% of the actual vote, you can still make a dramatic difference.

Cole Heiman: Everything will be translated into points and you'll know at the end of the show the successful two artists who qualify straight to the Grand Final in Alshkan and which two acts (third and fourth) will make a quick stop in Ghiez for the Battle Stage. If you aren't aware as well, the number is displayed on the bottom left hand corner along with the name of the artist and the song which gets brighter based on how popular the song is based on the app votes. But the app votes are only a side of the tale…

Theodore Faucheux: You can vote via the Mehlodhivestoile 2019 app, or you can vote by calling 0141 2340 22 and the number of when your act is performing. You can also vote by texting "WIN" by texting 623 22 and then the number of your favourite act. For example, if you wanted to vote for act 1, it's 0141 2340 2201. Calls cost 20p but that might vary based on your provider. Any votes after lines have closed won’t count but you may still be charged!

Cole Heiman: I think that’s all the information! Right, before we go to the first act of the evening, we’re going to head over to Mini Surrey-North who’s handling the Greenroom! Hey, Mini - is everything alright down there?

The camera pans over from where the two men were to Mini Surrey North wearing a glittery dress standing at the edge of the Greenroom in the audience.
Mini Surrey-North: Yes, everything is perfectly fine, my dear! While you won’t see much of me tonight on the television, I’ll be on the official Vha Mehlodhivestoile social media pages, mostly on Instagram and Twitter. During the show, I’ll be giving interviews with these two brilliant people…

Mini walks over to Pietro Quesada and Krysten Phearson, the two Battle Stage pre-qualifiers, placing hersrelf between them…
Mini Surrey North: Krysten and Pietro, interviewing them and getting the lowdown before their first live performances tonight during the Interval Act. Anyway, I think it’s time to get on with the show, isn’t it boys?

The camera flicked back to Cole Heiman and Theo Faucheux who smiled and waved as Mini Surrey-North disappeared.
Theodore Faucheux: Yes - you’re right! First up we have Etela Tomac performing. Etela came 2nd overall in Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2017. Can she do better this year with her song, “Bez žaljenja” or No Regrets for you and me.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

BVC | #VM2020 | Semi Final Two - The Songs

Postby Britonisea » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:40 am

PLAYLIST - VHA MEHLODHIVESTOILE 2020 SEMI FINAL TWO (DOPORTEDAS)
(Playlist begins at Song #1)

Below are the eight songs that make up the second Semi-Final, here in Doportedas! We look forward to seeing all of your votes, the acts have worked hard to get here!

ETELA TOMAC - "BEZ ŽALJENJA (NO REGRETS)"
Tune: Giada - Bastava Poco (00:36 - 01:06)
Tako mi cre je slomjen
Mui, neću se vratiti
Ah bez žaljenja

Tvoja sina me ne plaši
Ići ću sam bez tvaja
Slobodan sam creupti se
Ah bez žaljenja
Tvoja sina me ne plaši
Ići ću sam bez tvaja
Slobodan sam virovati

…So my heart’s been broken
But I’m not looking back anymore
I got no regrets

Your shadow doesn’t scare me
I’ll go on my own without you
I’m free to let go
I got no regrets
Your shadow doesn’t scare me
I’ll go on my own without you
I’m free to trust again

JACOB LEWENDEN - "ADDICTED"
Tune: Besomorph & Drama B - Stature (00:34 - 01:04)
When I was down, I wanted to stay down
You believed in me and I had to shut that down so
I didn’t care if you were hurt by the things I said
I came first, you came next. Being selfish?
My biggest mistake…

‘Cuz I’m addicted, addicted, I cannot stop, no
Come on now I dare you, I dare you to stop me, oh
I can only see red,
So get out of my way, ay
Run away from the danger oh!

RIGAS JENGIZ - "HOURGLASS"
Tune: Mimoza - Love For Days (Official Video) (00:39 - 01:10)
Boy for us time’s running out,
I cannot wait no more.
Eyes on the hourglass
It is now make or break

I have grown tired; restless,
It is time for a change
Eyes on the hourglass
Cuz you’ve not got..
Eternity…

Eyes on the hourglass
Cuz you’ve not got...

As Rigas Jengiz took to the stage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile for the third time since the first edition back in 2016 and completed her performance, the audience cheered her off the stage. The camera then went straight to Mini Surrey North who was located in the Greenroom.

Mini Surrey North: Thank you very much for that brilliant performance Rigas! You go girl! Right, tonight we are having another two performances from the automatic qualifiers of the Battle Stage and I am joined on the stage by one of them now - say hello to Krysten Phearson everyone!

The audience cheered as Krysten appeared in the shot and sat down next to Mini Surrey North. Mini waited for the audience to die down, complimenting what Krysten was wearing in the meantime.
Mini Surrey North: So, Krysten! You are from Nightom originally but have travelled not too far to come to Britonisea for our National Final, why did you come to Britonisea?

Krysten Phearson: Well, I just love the people haha! Really, though, I do love Britonisea and I thought that coming here would be a great opportunity to advertise my music still in the ABEN bubble if you know what I am saying. Also, many different nations broadcast Vha Mehlodhivestoile as well so it's great to get myself out there.

Mini Surrey North: Of course - that's a very good reason. And your song, "Not Giving In", tell me in a couple of sentences what does it mean to you?

Krysten Phearson: Well, Mini, I am hardly the spring chicken of the contest and I've been through a lot of...stuff...in the past and I wanted to put that into a song, explaining how I won't be giving in now, giving my haters the satisfaction since I've come so far already.

The audience applauded her response. Krysten smiles before giving herself a little clap.
Mini Surrey-North: And one more question. How do you feel about performing tonight here in Doportedas?!

Krysten Phearson: Wow! I am well excited about performing on this stage! I love the people in Doportedas and I just wanna get out there and sing!

Mini Surrey North: Thanks Krysten! Now it's time for the performance from TOULOUSE which features Britonish - we love!

There was another cheer from the audience as we moved over to the VT for TOULOUSE.

TOULOUSE - "SECROUSSUÉ (THE GROUND SHOOK)"
Tune: SHANGUY - Toukassé (Official Video) (00:44 - 01:20)
I didn’t want to cause a scene
Didn’t want you to feel sorry... for me
Come on, can’t we just make amends?
Oh what happened to forgive and ..forget

Crusé v’airde secrousser, secrousser, secrousser
Creé vhe gens crier, gens crivé, gens crivé
Creé vhis desordre, desordre, desordre
Crusé vhe dusche wokar,
Forgive me, s’il vous plait
Yeah?

I didn’t want to cause a scene
Didn’t want you to feel sorry... for me
Come on, can’t we just make amends?
Oh what happened to forgive and ..forget

I caused the ground to shake, to shake, to shake
I made the people cry, people cried, people cried
I made this mess, mess, mess
I caused the death to awaken,
Forgive me please,
Yeah?

JARED ZAYNE - "KISS AND MAKE UP"
Tune: UNSECRET X CHUCK ADAMS - SOMETIMES LOVE [OFFICIAL AUDIO] (00:43 - 01:10)
Cuz everytime time I wake up,
You are my first thought.
And oh my heart it aches when I think of our first kiss
When did it go wrong, tell me
I forgot
Why can’t we just kiss and make up...
Today?

After the performance from the rather well known 4th place Junior World Hit Festival participant, Jared Zayne, there was a huge round of applause as we went to the Greenroom, joining Mini Surrey North who was about to interview Pietro Quesada from Scotatrova.

Mini Surrey North: Firstly, welcome to Britonisea - thank you for joining us here. We are looking very much forward to hearing you perform on Vha Mehlodhivestoile stage. Many people are wondering about the process of joining Vha Mehlodhivestoile for an international artist. Could you speak about the process before you submitted the song and then after?

Pietro Quesada: It's been interesting. Firstly, I wasn't expecting to even be apart of this wonderful contest, so as soon as we got the news we were confirmed, the process began right away. Me and my good friend Bella Costa worked on the song together, and she's been such an integral part as to how the song has turned out and we are both happy with what we've accomplished with it. Now hopefully the rest of Britonisea will be happy with it as well.

Mini Surrey North: Every edition that we've had Vha Mehlodhivestoile, more and more langauges have debut at the contest. For the first time we have the Scotatrovan language here and I'm sure we'd love to have the Scotatrovan language in future editions. What does it mean for you as a Scotatrovan to come to Britonisea and perform in your language?

Pietro Quesada: Well it means everything to me. I find that while Scotatrovian is such a wonderful and unique language, you don't really see it that much elsewhere in terms of media and entertainment. So for me I find myself honored to be singing in my language here in Britonisea.

Mini Surrey North: Why Britonisea particularly? There are many nations out there that you could have travelled to - was it the nation itself? The national final? In your honest words, what acted as...the pull for you to come? -

Pietro Quesada: To be honest, it was the national final. Vha Mehlodhivestoile is already aired in Scotatrova, so I figured it would be good exposure not just for me here in Britonisea to display Scotatrovian language and culture but to show the people back home that you can make it elsewhere. Our success doesn't just have to be confined to our national borders, we can reach out and go far beyond.

The audience cheered as he said that with Mini giving a little smirk to the camera.
Mini Surrey North: Lovely little reference to your song there as well go you! Now you are currently in the capital of the country, Doportedas and in a couple of weeks you'll be participating in the Battle Stage in Ghiez on the other side of the country - it's quite the journey. How have you found travelling around Britonisea so far?

Pietro Quesada: I've found it to be quite the culture shock. It is so different from back home, I can tell you that much. That's the fun thing for me though, getting to digest and witness the nation's deep and rich culture head-on. It's been quite the experience.

Mini Surrey North: Thank you for chatting with us, we will see you perform your song later on during the interval act!

Pietro Quesada: Yes, I am very excited for the performance later on tonight, see you there.

Mini Surrey North: It's now time to get back to the music! Next up we have Tobias Noah with the song "Stronger".

We then zoomed out from the Greenroom before the picture faded to the postcard for Tobias.

TOBIAS NOAH - "STRONGER
Tune: KHAYAT - OSOKA (official video) (00:43 - 00:57)
I know that I’m stronger, immune from your torture
Hold me down no longer, the restriction over
Look at your face, sombre, not as brave as you were,
Unveiling the poseur,
Your nothing, you’re no-more

Now I know I’m stronger, I am coming for you
Don’t run - don’t you bother, all areas covered
Victims - you’re another. Begging for the slaughter,
Bow your head down lower,
Your nothing, you’re no one.

MIDNIGHT DAWN - "CRAZY FOR YOU"
Tune: Kodaline - Ready to Change [Official Audio] (00:46 - 01:25)
I stand on mountain tops
Shouting that “I am crazy for you”
“Crazy for you”
I can’t help my feelings,
I can’t keep ‘em in any longer
Any longer

Ahhhhh, Ahhhhhh, ooooo ahhh! Woah!
Ahhhhh, Ahhhhhh, ooooo ahhh! Woah!

LUCIE DAGENHAM ft AY:KO - "PARADIGM"
Tune: KEiiNO - Dancing in the smoke (official music video) (00:24 - 00:54)

Why are people telling me how I should act, oh?
They all should worry ‘bout themselves
I am just being myself, myself

We have got to break the paradigm, I
Do not know how but we will
If we all put our heads together, we will
Succeed, I know
I know we will make a change

It was the end of all performances now. We were joined by the main hosts who would introduce the next part of the proceedings...
Last edited by Britonisea on Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

BVC | VM2020 | Semi Final 2 - The Interval Act + HOW TO VOTE

Postby Britonisea » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:40 am

Continued Coverage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020. LIVE from Boschke, Britonisea with your hosts Cole Heiman and Theodore Faucheux, with Mini Surrey-North in the Greenroom.

The camera zoomed over the audience as they applauded the eight acts in the recap. However, it was time to announce that the voting deadline is closed. Unlike in previous years where the voting lines closed straight after the recap after the seventh song, the voting lines would be open for a bit longer - at the end of the first of the interval acts tonight, which Theo and Cole were about to announce…

Theodore Faucheux: I am very much looking forward to seeing the results of this Semi-Final, all of the songs are just so good - aren’t they Cole?

Cole Heiman: I think so, Theo, it’s definitely a bloodbath of a Semi-Final! And those at home, if you guys haven’t made up your mind yet, the lines will close in around 5 minutes so I’d start making your final decisions right now. Remember, you can vote up to 12 times using the app and you can vote an unlimited amount of times using SMS or phone, which costs around 20p per vote, it’s cheap so get voting! Here is your official recap.

**RECAP: The Eight Songs of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020 - Semi Final 2**
01 Etela Tomac
02 Jacob Lewenden
03 Rigas Jengiz
04 TOULOUSE
05 Jacob Zayne
06 Tobias Noah
07 MIDNIGHT DAWN
08 Lucie Dagenham ft AY:KO

Theodore Faucheux: It’s time for some more music as you make your final decisions on who should qualify to go to the Grand Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020. As with what happened last week, two of our pre-qualifiers for the Battle Stage performed their songs live for the first time. This week is no different. Tonight, we have Krysten and Pietro performing and first up it’s Krysten!

Interval Act - Automatic Battle Stage Qualifier 3
Krysten Phearson - Not Giving In
Tune: Alanis Morissette - Reasons I Drink

What should I do?
Trying my best,
There’s no manual on how to live.

Oh I cry,
Every night before I sleep, I’ve told no one (ooh oh oh no)
No I’m not giving in,
I won’t give my haters the leverage they want.

Woahhh-ohhhh!

Theodore Faucheux: Thank you for that performance, I certainly will be giving in after that performance. Very uplifting.

Krysten thanked the audience before she started to walk off of the stage. The camera now focused on Theo and Cole who were standing side by side.
Cole Heiman: Indeed, thank you Krysten - we will see you in Ghiez for the Battle Stage! Right it’s time to move on to more serious matters…

Theodore Faucheux: All of the competing acts of Semi-Final 2 have performed and all of you at home have voted. Unfortunately, their fates are sealed as the voting lines have now closed.

Pyro shot into the sky as the second Semi-Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile’s votes were all in. People at home who were trying to finish their 12 free votes were locked from the voting page on the VM2020 page. Apparently tens of thousands of free votes were left unspent but that doesn’t matter, the votes that were used count. It was now time for the hosts to announce the second performance. The show was running a few minutes ahead of the Semi-Final 1 schedule which was perfect for BVC.
Cole Heiman: Exciting! While we verify all of the votes of the Second Semi-Final, it’s time for some more music, because why not? Flying all the way from Scotatrova to participate in Vha Mehlodhivestoile here in Britonisea, we have Pietro Quesada. He will be competing in the Battle Stage with Krysten who we saw earlier, Cyrus and Katie from last week and now also Shards of Diamonds plus Leo Marshall-Hunte. The Battle Stage is certainly filling up isn’t it!

Theodore Faucheux: Without further ado….it’s Pietro

Interval Act - Automatic Battle Stage Qualifier 4
Pietro Quesada - Mulde moiç agia
Tune: Panic! At The Disco - Into the Unknown
Toth ll’emor
Rett axte gotigo athór
Nel qüerá piedre axo
Sol siopha que no vo

Poíx tenre le munde si axo ei quoth qüerás
Ie luatrá que tú ía ie serió alegthe
Ía ie vui longue, athór ei güe ie so
Mur qüerá prendre toth míes sonios gotigo
Mulde moiç agia, Mulde moiç agia
Mulde moiç agia

All the love
Is here with you now
I don’t want to lose that
Just know that I’m not going

You can have the world if that’s what you want
I promise you and I will be happy
And I’ve gone far, now it’s who I am
But I want to take all my dreams with you
Far beyond, Far Beyond
Far Beyond

HOW TO VOTE
Below, you can find out the details of how you vote;

There are 8 (eight) songs competing in this Semi-Final. You can find them here: Semi Final 2 - Doportedas - The Songs
In order to vote for your favourite song, you have to give them the top mark of 12 (twelve) points, while your second favourite gets 10 (ten) points.
Below, you can find out all the information and a code to make it easy for you to vote.

QUICK INFORMATION
A user is allowed to vote up to 1 (one) time per Semi-Final.
A maximum of 8 (eight) nations can vote per Semi-Final. Any votes after the maximum or after the "STANDBY" will be discredited.
Nations can use either Jury Vote, Jury + Televote or Televote for VM2020. If your nation isn't broadcasting VM2020, you will not be able to use Televote.
If you'd like to broadcast VM2020 and have not yet been added, please provide your broadcaster info underneath your votes.

SCORING SYSTEM
12 - Favourite entry of the eight.
10 - Second favourite entry of the eight.
7 - Third favourite entry of the eight.
5 - Fourth favourite entry of the eight.
3 - Fifth favourite entry of the eight.
2 - Sixth favourite entry of the eight.
1 - Seventh favourite entry of the eight.
0 - Least favourite entry of the eight.

Post your results on this thread in a reply.

Code: Select all
[b][u]VOTING IN VHA MEHLODHIVESTOILE 2020 - SEMI FINAL 2 - DOPORTEDAS[/u][/b]

[b]Full Nation Name:[/b]
[b]Voting Method:[/b] [] Jury Vote [] Televote [] Jury+Televote
[Tab=20][size=85](Nations that do not broadcast VM2020 cannot use televote - delete this line upon posting)[/size][/Tab]
[b]Voting #:[/b] XX/08
[Tab=20][size=85](Only eight nations can vote in each Semi-Final. Delete this line upon posting)[/size][/Tab]

[b]The Scores:[/b]
12-
10-
7-
5-
3-
2-
1-
0-

Feel free to join us in the WV/WHF Discord Channel for a Vha Mehlodhivestoile SF2 Listen-Along to help you rank all the entries at 10PM GMT on Sunday 8th March 2020, after the WHF50 Semi Final reveal!

Scotatrova
Senator

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scotatrova » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:20 pm

VOTING IN VHA MEHLODHIVESTOILE 2020 - SEMI FINAL 2 - DOPORTEDAS

Full Nation Name: Scotatrovian People's Republic
Voting Method: [] Jury Vote [] Televote [x] Jury+Televote
Voting #: 01/08

The Scores:
12- LUCIE DAGENHAM ft AY:KO - "PARADIGM"
10- TOBIAS NOAH - "STRONGER