NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision Song Contest 80 | Marina Point, Nekoni

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nekoni
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nekoni » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:03 am

SONG 23: NEKONI
I'm Alive - Alex Ford
Based on Cry by Sigma ft. Take That

After the last few contests have seen Nekoni send what one may call comedic entries, there have been talks that perhaps Nekoni had stopped taking the contest seriously, calls that had sent some local fans of WorldVision into uproar. Despite the positions of these entries not being necessarily terrible, there was a feeling from some of the more vocals of the group that the NTR selection had become arrogant, and almost complacent about selecting their entries, a complacency that was almost certainly misguided, considering how long it had been since the country even graced the Top 5. This was compounded even further when it was announced that NTR had not only bid for, but also won the right to host the 80th running of the contest. "They'll turn it into a parody contest!", shouted the voices, and despite threatening to boycott the event until there were signs of the broadcaster going back to serious entries, of course the tickets sold out in record time.

However, NTR were indeed listening to these überfans. Opting for an internal selection again, they asked the two main NTR radio stations to invite up-and-coming artists to submit their entries, with an emphasis of pushing new genres that the country had never sent before. Enter Alex Ford. A singer/songwriter from the host location of Marina Point itself, the 22 year old was a fairly unknown entity outside of the university circuit, with most of his work only available live-mixed at student bars or self-published through online music sharing sites. The genre of drum and bass has never really been explored in any depth at WorldVision, so it was easy to see why the NTR bosses figured it was a niche that needed filling. With this anthemic track, Nekoni appear to be finally taking the contest seriously again...but have they sacrificed their international support for a few hundred fanboys on social media?

The crowd have been buzzing all night, and after over 20 songs, we finally have hit the one that most of the crowd have been waiting for. The noise levels noticeably increase when the postcard appears, and again as the lights drop to indicate the start of the performance. There's a single white light illuminating him, and the background screens around him show a cloudy grey sky, and to get the atmosphere just right, the stage is swarmed with smoke as well. The back of the stage has four backing singers, two on each side, a man and a woman each, all dressed in either black shirt and slacks or a long black gown. Alex himself is wearing a black leather jacket, unzipped to reveal a white tank underneath. The leather jacket has some decoration; a thin yellow stripe horizontally around the breast area. He is also wearing darkened jeans, a little baggy, with stylish blue and white sneakers underneath.

As the song begins, the strings in the orchestra pit play, as the camera descends from high down to the stage level. He stands at the center of the stage, holding the microphone stand with one hand, and gesturing with the other. The backing singers are not visible at this point, as everything outside of the single spotlight is pitch black.

At the second part of the verse, the camera pans from the right of the stage to the left, which is the first time one can see the backing singers, their silhouettes visible amongst the cloudy background.

I hear thunder in the distance, the wind chills my soul
Clouds are heavy and it's freezing, and I'm miles from home
There's no light on the horizon, darkness takes control
But nothing's gonna stop me running, 'til I reach my goal

As the drum loop fades in, the lights slowly expand, from just being on Alex to gradually bathing the entire stage in white, so the light finally reaches the back row with the singers at the point of their entrance at the third line. The background shows a silhouette of an anime-styled Alex (basically him with slightly more erratic hair), side on, showing his face and shoulders, in front of the clouds. It is completely black and textureless, save for his eyes, which are a single white line to show they are close. The background screens slowly close in on the eyes, and just on the beat drop, they open.

When I find you again, maybe then I can lay to rest,
Maybe then I will lay to rest, but
'Til then I will not stop running

The chorus begins, as does the lightshow. The smoke has dissipated, and we can see that the stage floor is now a barren landscape, with the ground broken up. To fit the speed of the song, it is scrolling upwards at a quick rate. Alex has unhooked the microphone and is more mobile now he's not restricted to the mic stand. The wind machine (of course!) has begun its magic, and the front view is of the wind ruffling Alex's hair as the arena intermittently flashes white, as if a lightning storm is happening in the arena itself.

The background image has the animated character running, still side on, as the clouds get worse, and lightning strikes (think Run Boy Run, except zoomed in to the point where the entire screen height is the size of his body).

At the end of the chorus where they repeat the song title, the backing singers all have their arms up and outstretched.

I can't fall down tonight, though I've been running all my life,
I'll break down every border line
And through it all, I know, I won't lose my smile
Walking the line, until I end up by your side
And I can't get off of this ride
Until I know, I know, you'll hear me screaming
"I'm alive, I'm alive, I'm alive"
I'll run, I'll run, until you hear me

Second verse time, and the camera zooms in to Alex now, as the lights go out again around him. The floor appears to turn to ice and freeze, turning white in the process. Upon the line "I'll tear it down", he stamps his foot, shattering the ice.

The power is coursing through my veins, there's no turning back now
They can build their wall to stop me, I'll tear it down

As the build to the chorus comes, the 'ice' continues to shatter and extend out from him, and when it reaches the back of the stage floor, it extends upwards along the back LED wall. The lines caused by the shattering glow golden, as if something's about to explode through it.

When I find you again, maybe then I can lay to rest,
Maybe then I will lay to rest, but
'Til then I will not stop running

The chorus hits, and something is indeed breaking through the ice, and it appears to be lava. The stage graphics appear to show a volcano's pyroclastic flow course through the ice shards, and the shards transform into black volcanic rock. As the flow appears to drag the rocks that Alex is standing on, his movements across the stage form new ones that appear to support him from a (digitally at least) fiery grave.

Alex's movements are a bit more active, and there's almost a bit of a bounce in him when he sings the post-chorus, as he makes his way to the left side of the stage.

During the bridge, Alex runs down the left catwalk of the stage, as the backing singers get louder and louder. Along the catwalk there are panes of sugar glass, that are rigged to explode just before he runs into them, as if the full force of him running breaks through them without him even flinching. The camera is positioned at the very end of the line facing forward to give the impression of him running into the screen. He manages to make it to the central podium at the front, and his momentum causes him to lean into the audience as he sings the last line leading into the final chorus.

Keep running, keep running, keep running, keep running, keep running
I won't stop running

As the chorus hits the podium he's on begins to raise to a good six or so metres off the floor, reaching the top when the drums break in. For those having a health and safety nightmare, there is additionally a support bar at the back that a stage hand dressed all in black stealthily has clipped him to by a tether to his belt.

During the closing moments, the front podium's other use is revealed, as the twenty or so lights surrounding it all illumate at him. Additionally, there is a steady rainfall from above at that spot, and as Alex's movements get a bit more erratic (but not quite at the level of dancing), you can see the light reflecting off the rainwater bouncing off of his body. There appears to be a small plastic divider behind the podium to stop the rain interfering with the electrics of the orchestra. There has been no such restraint with the other side of the platform, so the front row of the audience has gotten a little damp off of the splashback. It was probably getting hot down there, so they're welcome.

The final note of the song has the camera dead set on Alex's face, and he's staring back at it, with a smile, unaffected by the water dripping down off his face.

I'll run, I'll run, I'll run, 'cause I'm alive

As the song ends, the audience goes wild. Alex air-fistbumps the crowd, yells "Thank you!" and we cut to the next postcard, giving enough time for the podium to reset itself and for some stagehand to remove the protective layer off the floor to stop it from being a slipping hazard. He exits to find the nearest hot towel to the pop of the crowd, and it's pretty much confirmed: Nekoni are taking the damn contest seriously again. However, will this be to the benefit or the detriment of their results?
Last edited by Nekoni on Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:47 am, edited 5 times in total.
Eurovision apologist, International Broadcast Alliance founding member

Debuted in 26, currently entered 29 times

Wins: 2 (70, 92)
Podiums: 3 (70, 80, 92)
Top 10s: 12 (46, 63, 64, 70, 71, 73, 75, 78, 80, 90, 92, 94)
Hostings: 3 (64, 80, 94)

Former Scuderia Fuoco e Ghiacchi, now Polaris Racing Team
WGPC 13 Drivers & Constructors Champion
7-time Grand Prix Host
Renowned* Track Designer

*by himself

Antahbrantahstan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 29, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Antahbrantahstan » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:01 am

24. ANTAHBRANTAHSTAN

Mariska Tulang-Heroes Never Cry

m & l: Pramono Suwito, Sarah Strauss

After several editions of not participating, Vega TV relinquished the Anturian WorldVision franchise, this, in turn caused an intense bidding war between broadcasters to gain the rights to broadcast WorldVision itself, mostly thought as a huge rating boost for a broadcaster, after a while, the streaming platform and Netflix franchisee lemon.tv gained the rights to broadcast the show, not wanting to waste an opportunity, the platform created a huge advertising campaign and an NF to raise awareness about the show, the NF, in turn, proved to be a success, achieving a peak of 500.000 people streaming the show live, after a cut-throat voting involving professional juries and four televoting regions, Mariska, The Voice Anta winner and university student, emerged as the winner, winning by a very tight 4-point margin against the first runner-up, popular singer Aline Lora.

"Heroes Never Cry" is written by Pramono Suwito and Sarah Strauss after going through an intensive songwriting camp with Mariska, it was inspired by a relative of Mariska's: Her grandfather was a war veteran and would tell Mariska stories about how he, as a medic, has to treat soldiers in the battlefield, "The sight" Mariska recalls, "It was very horrifying, My grandpa wanted to cry everytime he had to treat these soldiers because, um, he actually cannot stand the sight of blood, and you know what happens when someone is forced to face their fears, they might want to cry, but my grandpa cannot, and, uhh, one of the soldiers who got treated told my grandpa that he is a hero, and it is important for heroes to never cry" Mariska sighs, "I feel like it is a nice topic to be put into a song, a song that mourns the victims of war, because at the end of the day, war brings nothing but misery for all." Mariska concludes.

The stage is dimly lit, and all of a sudden, a single spotlight shines, revealing Mariska onstage, wearing a simplistic black dress alongside a black hair fascinator and a white corsage on left hand, singing, and judging from her expression, it was clear that Mariska is expressing her feelings of loneliness, accompanying her is the LED screen, which is showing a dark, cloudy sky, something that people see before the rain. Mariska would then walk into the center of the stage, setting the scene for the next part of the song.
White lilies
Accompanies them
At least they're at peace
While i make these sacrifices

More lights would shine on Mariska, where she is now singing, albeit a bit more powerful than before, she clenched her fist and hit her chest several times, expressing feelings of pain and loneliness, it is as if Mariska's sacrifices are useless and not needed.
I want to shout
And let out
All my sorrows
I can't cause heroes, heroes must never cry

After expressing her feelings, Mariska's fist opened up, and she pointed some of her left hand fingers into the audience, afterwards, holograms of blood began to seep from her left index finger, as the "blood" dropped to the ground, a "red rose" began to bloom on the place where the blood dropped. Mariska doesn't seem to care, however, focusing towards singing, and letting her sadness known to the audience.
The fires and smokes
Have carved all these wounds
But i must help them
Bodies fallen to the ground
Oh, I told you
That i am fine
But my heartaches grew
"Oh, why can't i save them all?"

Suddenly, scores of blossoming "red roses" are now engulfing the stage floor, with the lights changing colour into a deep, cherry-coloured red with the LED screen also showing the sky turning the same shade of red, accompanied by thunders appearing on it, in the meanwhile, Mariska continued to sing, not seeming to notice that her dress is slowly changing colour into a more red shade, it's as if she has accepted that her sacrifice is actually needed, and the red roses appearing might be the reincarnations of the people she cannot save.
I want to shout
And let out
All my sorrows

Now the instrumental is in full swing, Mariska is singing with her outmost strength, with her every uttered phrases covered with tingle of an unknown emotion, which is either happiness or acceptance. The red roses would suddenly be ablaze, covering the stage and Mariska with fire, achieved with a combination of holograms and pyrotechnics, near the end of the song, Mariska began to kneel, and as she slowly covered her eyes, the roses and fires fades away, and, as the camera zooms in on her face, she then wipes of "the tears" that she may have cried when performing, although it might just be Mariska trying to convey her emotions and feelings, realizing that she is now feeling only one thing.

Acceptance.

I want to shout (I want to shout)
And let out (And let out)
All my sorrows
I can't cause heroes, heroes must never cry (Must never cry)
Must never cry, oh woah

Mariska then stood up, and screamed into the microphone, "THANK YOU NEKONI! I LOVE YOU ALL!" and she runs off backstage happily.
Last edited by Antahbrantahstan on Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Farhana Nariswari Wisandana | Audrey Vanessa Susilo | Yasinta Aurellia | Lulu Zaharani Krisna Widodo | Ritassya Wellgreat Waynands

Talvezout
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:38 pm

Melody is Caroline Polachek - "Door"

After several delays and financing issues, TRT finally was able to put on Worldvision 79. What had started off as a nightmare transformed into a great experience - Talvezout got a strong 3rd, Todlichebujoku won, and the show went off without a hitch. The Talvezian populace loved it too - the ratings were some of the highest TRT had, with 92% of Talvezout tuning into the contest. Riding on a high, Talvezout went on a advertising binge for WV80, boosting the competition up and sending one of Talvezout's biggest stars - Isobella Bachelor - to fly the flag for the island nation.

Come Worldvision 80, in Marina Point, Nekoni, Isobella was ready to give it her all.

A small green and rocky hill would be onstage, surrounded by several spotlights. Isobella would be standing on the center of the hill, with a gorgeous and flowing red gown about her. She would be wearing a veil that would cover her hair, reaching down to her chest. A spotlight would be shining behind her, illuminating her in a silhouette As she would start singing, the spotlight would slowly fade out before illuminating her from the front.

Back in the city
We’re just losers lost in the weather
Forever yearning
Always learning how to make it through

Took days to finally find it
Only to see that it wasn’t
And when the wind blows hard against you
When you’re just fighting through it

Waiting for the storm to strike me
Some kind of judgement
Always waiting for the bad news lately
Some horrifying statement

Bachelor would slowly stretch her arms out towards the camera, as if she was seemingly reaching out to the viewer. As she was singing the pre-chorus, the screens behind her would change to show multiple scenes from romance movies, showing the titular lovers at the finale. As she would sing the "What do you do"... the screens would all black, with a single lonely spotlight shining on her. Bachelor would wrap her arms around herself, appearing to be lost in the sea of fabric of her dress.

Back in the city
Forever yearning
Lovers at the finale
Will they or won’t they, yeah
Sometimes I don't know how I’m living too
What do you do when you
When you feel so lonely?

All of the spotlights encircling the hill would turn on and focus into the space above Bachelor, trapping her into a cage made of lights. Several colored lights behind her would shine, as the screens behind her would turn into a Droste image of her, repeating endlessly. Bachelor would sway her arms and her body to the music, seemingly enjoying her self amidst the color and sound.

You say the word
Just say the word, just say the word
And I’ll come running to you
You say the word
And I’ll come running, for you

The lights would all cut out once more, with the colored spotlights returning back onto Bachelor. She would outstretch her arms as she would start singing, before slowly bringing them to herself. As she would lower the arms, she would slowly take off part of he gown, revealing a silverly slim dress underneath. She would slowly lean and sway side to side, as the camera would circle around her. It would stop firmly in front of her, as she would offer her hand to the camera once more.

And when you wake up all dizzy
From a century of suffering
Feels like the bullets barely miss me
World feels drab and ugly

Back in the city
Back in the city
I’m wondering if I can run away too

The silvery gown, with the help of some editing magic, would reveal another Droste image of Isobella Bachelor. It would be her singing, and the camera would go through the "portal" on the dress, showing her singing and performing the song live on stage in Nekoni, with the camera rotating back into Bachelor to repeat the sequence. As it would go to the bridge of the song, the camera would change to circling around Isobella once more, as she would sway her arms and the spotlights would encircle her once more.

You say the word
You say the word
Just say the word, just sing the word
Just say the word, just yell the word

Running, running, running, running, for you
Running, running, running, running, to you

The lights would go out once more to reveal Bachelor in a silhouette once more, with her arms outstretched and her head tilted up the ceiling. As she would start singing the bridge, the camera would slowly rotate as it zoomed down onto Bachelor, with the spotlights around the hills turning on and circling around her once more. The camera would cut to showing Bachelor at her profile, with her starting to sing again. Lights would slowly grow around Bachelor, before "exploding" into the final chorus.

Back in the city
Forever yearning
Lovers at the finale
Will they or won’t they, yeah
Sometimes I don't know how I’m living too
What do you do when you
When you feel so lonely?

You say the word

The lights would shine brightly behind Bachelor as she would rip off the red coat on her, transforming it into an ethereal and flowing cape. As the wind machines picked up speed, Bachelor's cape and her long jet-black hair would flow in the wind, illuminated by lights. All in all, Bachelor would appear to be surrounded by a halo-like outline of lights, which would change colors to go with the song. Bachelor herself would be giving it her all during the final chrous, slowly waving her arms above her, as if she was an ancient sorcerer.

You say the word

Running, running, running, running, running

Fans and sprays of sparks would go off around Bachelor, to the joy of the audience. A giant curtain of sparks would appear behind her, with pinwheel fireworks going off as well. Her arms would be outstretched and she would throw her head back, getting very much into the crooning of the song. The spotlights encircling the hill would flash multiple colors as they would slowly fly over the audience, before returning to their original positions around her. As her crooning (and the song) ended, one final burst of sparks would appear around Bachelor. When the burst ended, she would have a beautiful singular white rose in her hand, with her seemingly offering it to the viewer at home.

Oh, oh, oh, woah
Oh, oh, oh, yeah
Ooh, ah
Ooh, ah
Ooh, oh
Coming, running, running, running for you
Coming, running, running, running for you

"Muchas gracias Nekoni! Thank you so much everyone!" she would yell at the top of her lungs, before descending the artificial hill with the help of an event tech as the stage was reset for the exact act. Even if Talvezout didn't do as well as they did in Worldvision 79, Bachelor still felt proud. She had given a great performance in Marina Point, and she could rest easily knowing she had given it her all.
Last edited by Talvezout on Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
talveziobiblio.org.tz

Malta Comino Gozo
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Malta Comino Gozo » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:16 pm

26. Malta Comino Gozo
Song Title: Love of my Life
Singer: Pistols and Tulips
Tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeLaiL9tk68

Pistols and Tulips is an Alternative/Indie rock band from Malta Comino Gozo. The group is made up of Joe Roscoe (voice and guitar ), Peter Borg (guitars), Jonas Delicata (keyboard), Ivan Borg (bass and backing vocals), and Raphael Tona (drums). With Roscoe's soaring vocals and the band's intuitive writing, these guys have amassed a score of awards, including: National Malta Comino Gozo Music Awards for Best Song, Best Band, and Best New Artist. With three full albums under their belts, these guys sound the furthest from tired, and their latest single for WV which has already debuted at #2 in the North Pacific charts is proof of their resilience and ability to resonate time and time again.

The stage is steeped in darkness as the postcard ends. The camera rises to a shot suspended above the crowd showing the entire stage, to reveal the band. A dim spotlight then lights up the stage.Joe is standing in the centre with a dark brown wooden guitar around his neck on a slightly raised platform, He is wearing a black fedora and a tatty black shirt and a slightly worn out black motorbike jacket that still catches the light with its sheen.(See above picture) He is stood behind a stand up mic the rest of the band are evenly spread out around him towards the back on the main stage they all have stand up mics. Without a seconds notice the arena roof lights flare into an dark ocean blue literally flooding the arena in aquatic light,while fire engine red and white spotlights light up the stage, The led wall behind the band is made of medium sized bouncy squares of the same colours which float out and fade into their respective colours. The squares continue to resonate from the LED screens. Joe strums away energetically, a broad smile beaming across his face. A white spotlight shines upon him showing of his splendid outfit as he begins to sing, he looks to the camera.

The audience can already be heard clapping away to the beat

Come on closer, let me say
Baby you're the love of my life
The love of my life
Plucking up the courage to say
You're the love of my life
The sculpture of true beauty
And I’m taking one step closer too forever today.
One step closer till I hear you say.
The words that I’ve been longing so much just to hear

The blue lights dim around the crowd and the LED screen turns into a mixture of a red and white as the squares stop, before lighting back again to a mixture of red and white again swirling away around the arena bathing them in a sea of red and white. Jo bops around the microphone stand energetically along to the song, swaying his body as he sings. The band vigorously plays their instruments in the background. The camera zooms away from the stage upwards before cutting to close up of Joe, moving along in front of him before smoothly switching to a suspended camera that gets the whole stage in shot as well as some of the lucky few audience members stood at the front of the arena.

Just open, just open up your heart
Just feel it, feel it in your heart
Cus baby, your love heals all the scars
Gazing at the stars that appeared in the night.
Thinking about how you are the love of my life
Just open, just open your heart

The LED screens turns black with red and white squares again which float around playfully on the main LED screen
Red and white spotlights make their way around the arena. The chorus of the song then commenced, Joe points passionately towards the audience,a huge smile across his face, showing off his bright white teeth, whilst tapping his feet to the beat the camera rotates with him in a stationary circle.

The love of my life
The love of my life
The love of my life
The love of my life

The LED calm back down to a see of red and white fog mixing slowly into each other like mist on the screens.As the verse commences, Joe's fiance appears on the LED out of nowhere to an eruption of cheers from the arena. He almost stumbles on his words but keeps composed as his beloved is portrayed in her beauty on the main screen. The camera cuts to a close up body shot of Joe as he turns to the LED background. The view is taken solely by the LED with Joe on the far right. Her eyes were sapphire blue that you were effortlessly mesmerised by, with long skinny eyelashes that she flicked almost constantly. Her skin was slightly lighter than Ivory, with a metallic rose coloured tint to her cheeks. Her faultless champagne blonde hair fell loosely over her shoulders. Joe the turns back to face the cameras before the chorus. The LED fade back into red and white squares the move slowly

I don't even need to change the world
Perfection is the description of you
So much beauty and elegance too
Have we got all the same feelings?
So much in common, scars for healing
You are the one I want to be with

The guitar still around his neck, Joe stops playing momentarily and stretches his arms out as if he is opening up his heart, he sways slightly as he does so before going back to playing the guitar halfway through the pre chorus. He is lit up in a faded pink glow as the rest of stage is bathed in a faded blue.

A huge flash of white overcomes the whole stage as the stage screen explodes white like a supernova. The camera angle circling the stage.
Joe walks along the catwalk, strumming his guitar as he confidently strolls along, girls scream with delight, The Camera cuts to a wide angle of the stage. The rest of the band members can be clearly seen, playing their respective instruments, beads of sweat appearing on their foreheads. We then cut to a frontal shot of Ivan, singing away the backing vocals, hes looking off camera but turns and grins at the camera. The camera then wide angles circling half the stage around the back of the front audience members heads, their heads silhouetting the camera shot as it circles left to right, before going back this time right to left.

The love of my life
The love of my life
The love of my life
The love of my life

Camera transitions to to a wide angle shot of Joe who has now reached the middle raised stage. He plants his mic into the open microphone holder. The emotion goes from a pleasant bubbly one to one of slight exasperated pain as the lyrics describe the pain the love has on him for the woman he cant live without. He strums quicker, with a more pained expression on his face for the first two lines of the pre chorus, the camera now just of centre, he peers directly into it before it switches to a frontal shot. A spotlight lights Joe up as the rest of the arena goes dark the LED fading into a dark blue and red The whole band joins in the vocals for rest of the song.

My heart is on fire, and I don’t want to put that fire out.
Right now all I want to do is scream and shout, I love you

Straight away red and white lights race around again and the LED is back to large bouncy red and white squares on a black backdrop as Joe grabs the mic out of the stand again and confidently runs back to the main stage, his guitar hitting his hip as he strides the camera swoops outwards as he makes his journey back to the main stage, he continues to look into the camera as it pulls out showing most of the crowd at the front of the arena, mobile phone lights are dotted around the audience. He arrives back at the main stage, quickly plants his mic back into the stand as the pre chorus kicks in and jumps excitedly once, as he lands sparkler flares shoots out around the edge of the stage perfectly in time with the landing. The stage is bathed in red and white lights. Now with a more excited emotion he carries on strumming his guitar a huge cheeky grin on his face, The camera wide angles circling half the stage around the back of the front audience members heads, their heads silhouetting the camera shot as it circles left to right. Half way through it cuts dramatically to a drum shot before switching back to the camera again circling the stage this right right to left through the excited audience before cutting to a onstage camera solely on Joe, he follows it along playfully. Joe flicks his head back knocking his hat to the floor showing of his brown messy locks.

Red and white and blue spotlights whirl around the arena. The camera transitions to the back of the arena showing the entire arena before it cuts and drifts forwards towards the main stage. We then cut to a stage view. Joe strums away eagerly as the song comes to an end, moving his body to the beat slightly the band members copying. The last line Joe points towards the closeup camera directly into the lenses.

The love of my life
The love of my life
The love of my life
So will you marry me?
The love of my life

The arena lights come back on and Joe can be seen breaking down into a euphoric feeling of pure happiness. His hands briefly on his face. He and his band feeling a massive sense of pride. The band step away from their instruments and yell thank you into their mic's, Joe politely bows before saying in a breathless voice " Thank you so much, you are the love of my life, we love you" The view is now of the arena clapping a cheering, various flags including Malta Comino Gozo flags can be seen in the crowd. "MCG" chants can be heard from the hundred or more strong MCG fans who made the journey to the contest. The band walks off stage as the next country got ready.
Last edited by Malta Comino Gozo on Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:21 am, edited 23 times in total.
Malta Comino Gozo WV Committee member. International Broadcast Alliance founding member. Member of the WMCAverse, Waisnor/Malta Comino Gozo/Carrelie/Alezian Union Achaean_Republic

The Hlhata States
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hlhata States » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:21 am

27 | The Hlhata States
Keep On Fighting
- Jerome Brown
Music - Jurgen Stratenstiel, Oleg Magnahausen, Mariam Daschunbraussen, Selia Graice
Lyrics - Jurgen Stratenstiel, Oleg Magnahausen, Mariam Daschunbraussen, Selia Graice
Julia Samoylova - Flame Is Burning

Jerome Brown is a WorldVision superstar from Missus X, whom of which represented The Hlhata States in WV67 and came 25th. She is a wheel bound goddess and is excited to strut her stuff on the stage of WorldVision once again.

She sings in her wheelchair with minimalistic lighting and a whole trunk of backup singers to support her weak voice.

Oh how I wish I could still be breathin'
Suffocating under all these reasons
I've forgotten the feeling
The feeling of air to breath

Touching the distant heavens seem so distant
My legs so weak I cannot find the power
The power of my clit
To reach my impossible dream I wish for

I want to fly, fly above the sunset
Don't want to cry, cry until my eyes are red
Ohh

I don't want to fight
Fight the light
But I have no strength to keep on and on
I'm not gonna fight
I don't want to fight
Fight the light
But I may have to keep on fighting
Keep on fighting

Oh how I wish I could still be breathin'
Suffocating under all these reasons
I've forgotten the feeling
The feeling of air to breath

I want to fly, fly above the sunset
Don't want to cry, cry until my eyes are red

I don't want to fight
Fight the light
I'm not gonna fight
I don't want to fight
Fight the light
Keep on fighting

I fear my shadow
It haunts me night to night to night
So I keep on fighting 'till I fly

I don't want to fight
Fight the light
I'm not gonna fight
I don't want to fight
Fight the light
Keep on fighting
Keep on fighting

Don't cheer it was crap
Last edited by The Hlhata States on Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
puppet of llalta ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ
    67 = 25/31
    78 = 28/29
    79 = 21/23
    80 = 26/26
    81 = 33/34
    100 = 27/51
    101 = 17/32
    41 = 17/20
    42 = 19/20
    53 = 19/33
    5 = 13/15

Kalosia
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kalosia » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:20 am

Kalosia
Words — Carladini
performed in English to the tune of Icy — Kim Petras

Carladini is the stage name of Karla Rodini. She is a Kalosian singer. Rumour has it that she was originally selected for the 79th WorldVision Song Contest in Talvezout but was ultimately unable to make it, deferring her participation to the 80th contest.

The song, Words, is the first single from her new album, I, Cardinal. The album is to be released the week after the contest, although an acoustic version of the album has been distributed to press members and fans in Marina Point during the week leading up to the contest.

For the big night, Karla was wearing this lovely look designed by a domestically famous Kalosian designer.
As the song began, Karla slowly walked on stage and a spotlight shone on her as the camera panned towards her slowly.
Friend of mine, gentle like a bird
Told me something that she heard
That you blurted out a few words

Now the camera moves to an angle that pans around her.
Friday evening at the party
Looking back now I regret it
Didn’t know that we would split

The camera changed to a few more angles but at this point we get a better idea of what the stage surrounding Karla looked like. Although the screens were largely black, there were a lot of lines, kinda like this.
How could you just betray me, baby?
I’ve wasted all this time

Karla begins to walk towards the front of the main stage, with the emotions she intended to convey in this song beginning to manifest in her every gesture.
Now you gotta show your face
Can’t believe it that I let you in my sweet embrace
Gotta cut it to the chase and come to make your case
The secrets between us you told her
Bet you realized it when you sobered
Now all I’m gonna say is it’s over

The camera really quickly shows audience members enjoying the show. Goes back to her once she starts singing again. In this next part, she begins to walk the outline of the stage, making her way to one of the catwalks.
Walked away, I need a breather
Need to think about it deeper
Put yourself into this trouble

Cause of you I’m sick and tired
This was not what I desired
But now in my heart there’s fire

She gestures towards a camera she's facing, whose angle is from the side of the stage, and then in the second line of the next part quickly changes to the next angle, which is from the front (in terms of stage direction). Right in front of the catwalk.
You turned me into a strong lady
I’m standing tall as time

Now Karla starts making her way down the catwalk. She's confident as ever, and the crowd appreciates her for this.
Now you gotta show your face

Just as Karla is about to reach the edge of the catwalk, the lights dim and the camera focuses on the screen, which shows the scenes described throughout the song. These scenes, also used in the music videos, are portrayed as montages/memories.
Once that's over, the cameras return to Karla, who is now sporting a new outfit — a revenge dress, if you will — and as a shower of white pyrotechnics falls upon the main stage, Karla is singing confidently as possible on the satellite stage, to the cheers of the audience.
Yeah, now you gotta show your face

Carladini was singing confidently as ever.

The camera pans across the audience towards her as she vocalizes and then sings the next part.

As the lights dim, the camera zooms in on Karla as she delivers the final word.
Over

The camera stops zooming in just as the song stops. After a few seconds, Karla lets go of the serious face and puts on a more happy expression, relieved that she managed to absolutely deliver the song and present not only herself but her nation on the international stage. She gets all excited and it's kinda cute. "Thank you, Gražia Nekoni!" she proclaims before leaving the stage.
Last edited by Kalosia on Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:11 pm

ETV1 presents WorldVision 80 - English language commentary by Cerin Erali and Flynn Taggart

CE: Welcome to WorldVision 80! Bienvenido a WorldVision 80! Yalcom WorldVision 80! Live from Marina Point in Nekoni.
FT: At least that was easy.
CE: Helps when it's English and when the Iyilim for the country isn't that far off from the English. Anyways, I'm Cerin Erali...
FT: ... And I'm Flynn Taggart.
CE: And we are your English language commentators for this evening. For a Spanish commentary, Iyilim language commentary or to sing-along to each entry, please press the red button. Thank you. Para Español, Iyilim o karaoke, pulse botón rojo por favor. Gracias. Aspenol, Iyilim o cereoc - Ancelis o Aspenol, ne Iyilim - plaes toc rad boton. Fenci.
FT: Voting works the same way it always does. You either dial the number, text SONG, S-O-N-G in all caps, followed by the entry number to the other number, you click the button on the app.
CE: But you can't vote for entry #12. For that is our entry. Mason and his song may be good but sadly we can't vote for it.
FT: And you can't do it yet, you'll have to wait until the voting lines are open. Do it too early, it won't count. Do it too late, it won't count either.
CE: Anything else?
FT: Not for the minute; besides we can talk them through it when it's the right time.
CE: Alright, let's get on with this thing!

Opening Act

CE: So after that scene in a diner, we get Nekoni through the ages. From the 70s to the 80s with the futuristic-by-their-standards looking theme and the skaters.
FT: Makes me nostalgic again.
CE: And then came the 90s, with breakdancing and some guy messing it up. But don't worry, we get to '99 with the new millennium and everyone looking forward to it...
FT: ... Only to be greeted with two decades of nothing much, which is why they glossed over it and skipped to the present day.
CE: True, but at least the music and visuals were nice.
FT: That they were. Hard to complain about it, really.
CE: So we get to the hosts. They're cute, they're bubbly, they're pretty much what you'd expect from a place like this. But I don't mean it in a bad way! I mean it in a "they get the job perfectly done" way.
FT: Which warms us up for the inevitable song.
CE: Which is also brilliant. It's funky, it's retro, it's kind of catchy really. It really fits the mood of the contest. Should get you pumped up for it too.
FT: So a brilliant start then?
CE: A brilliant start. Let's move onto the first entry, which is Highly Ranked.
FT: There's a joke there but I don't really care enough to say it and Cerin would probably mess it up.

01 - Highly Ranked

FT: Despite the country's name, this'll be somewhere around the bottom of the table.
CE: So not a good start then.
FT: No.

02 - Fauntenheddo

WITHDRAWN

03 - Main Nation Ministry

CE: This is pretty decent. Might get some points from us. Which makes me wonder why we never give them points in the first place, they're a pretty overlooked nation.
FT: I don't know either. Don't imagine it'd get more than three, though.

04 - Placely Placington

CE: At least it could've been worse.
FT: How?
CE: I don't know but it can be. At least the song itself is catchy.

05 - Ertzei Kishim

CE: Ertzrael Kishsim. Istzei Kishrael. One of those. Yes.
FT: Ertzei Kishim.
FT: Fenci, Fleen. Anyway, club dance track as you'd expect from them. And, as always, they come in three different flavours: OK, good, very good. And this is OK. It's not memorable but it is good enough to score high and it's dancey enough for the club.

06 - Britonisea

CE: I'm going to be honest here. This song. It's... dah, erh, neh, mmm...
FT: How do you spell those?
CE: Let me get this as best as I can. They're going all out but the song they've sent is just a mess. The singing's OK, but the music just feels like a little bit like a chore to listen to. It feels so loose and strewn about yet so compact and organised, like a brick wall with a couple of loose bricks. Personally I'd have this near the bottom or even a possible nul points if I had to be really, really mean - which I never like doing so I won't - but knowing the WorldVision and how it works from commentating it so many times it'd finish top ten or even win.
FT: So you don't like it then?
CE: Not really, no. But I'm obliged to wish it well, so that's what I'm going to do. Plus the staging was good, so I have to give it some props.

07 - Mister X

FT: Is this more to your liking, Cerin?
CE: Same thing with Kishrael but an improvement over the last song. Just a fun club song that'll show up on the radio. What's not to like?

08 - Besen

CE: Welcome back, Besen! You've been gone but you haven't been forgotten about. And you came back with this good song. It's not the best but it's sure to do well tonight, I can guarantee.

09 - Imperial Joseon

FT: I have no idea what half of this song means.
CE: At least the music's nice? Could score a couple of points from us.

10 - Proluvia

CE: The bits that weren't them messing around with Placely Placington's entry's keyboard were good. The bits that were weren't as good. I have no idea what the staging was about and at this point I'm too afraid to ask.

11 - Polkopia

CE: This was a great song and all from the multiple time winners, as you'd probably expect, but that ending is just...
FT: There are no words, apparently.
CE: Right. It just ruins the song. But everything before that was great and this would definitely get points from us. At least I hope the people at home give it points.

12 - Elejamie

CE: There's Mason, our entry. Song's good, vocals are good, a good enough stage presence. We're all hoping that it'll do well tonight.

13 - Izmedu

CE: Shall we just declare Izmedu the winner? I'm going to declare them the winner.
FT: It is a good song.

14 - Missus X

FT: (with obvious snark in his voice, more than usual) Poetry. Really brings a lump to your throat.

15 - Beepee

CE: After their disappointing finish last time, which really was a disappointment because it was actually quite a good song, Beepee has returned! And with a song that's just as good, if not even better!
FT: Sounds like a song from the early 90s. For nostalgia's sake I'd put this high on my list.
CE: Wow, Fleen, you're starting to sound happy. I'm getting a little surprised.
FT: Something will come along to disappoint me.

16 - Indo States

TBA

17 - Axuva

CE: This one is OK. Standard radio stuff. But it does the job and does it well. It's a good song that'll score a good amount of points.

18 - Spiritual Republic of Caryton

CE: Wow, something not about loving God?
FT: They do mention that dog they worship at one point.
CE: Like the Bronze Bull?
FT: (Flynn pauses for a few seconds wondering if he should correct his co-commentator before deciding against it) Yes, that.
CE: Anyway, religion stuff aside even if it refers to a very, very good dog for a brief moment, let's get to the song. It's good, sounds overly polished and like it should be out of a movie musical. But it is good and it should do well for the Carytonians. Not top ten but it'd just miss out on it.

19 - Zamboodle

FT: Right on time with the disappointment I mentioned earlier.
CE: I'm neutral on this. Again, not the best song of the night but it's not going to finish dead last. It'll finish mid-table methinks.

20 - Micronation of Oceanland

WITHDRAWN

21 - Amuaplye

CE: So here's the Amuaplyean entry, We Will Come Together. Or, as it appears to be in their native language, Buh Bunumuk Kupm Mapaham.
FT: That's probably not how you say it but then again I've gotten used to you mispronouncing everything over the years so whatever, let's hear your views.
CE: And I must say it's a good bit of electric folk. It sounds like something out of a 90s movie, even. And like their last attempt, this'll sound pleasing to the ear but go down in the rankings like a lead balloon because it's not pop. The WHF crowd might like it and I do too -
FT: And I think it's decent.
CE: - But I sadly don't have much hope. Please prove me wrong!

22 - Achaean Republic

FT: Here's Acaya sending generic club banger #43.
CE: I wouldn't go that far, Fleen. It's still a good little song that'll still do well. As it should. It's sleek, it's smooth, it's the sort of thing when you've got that drop in the club. I like it, I think it'll get a few points from the folks back home.

23 - Nekoni

FT: Our gracious hosts.
CE: It's not bad. It's not as good as their last couple of songs but I'm still positive about it. Could do well, I hope.

24 - Antahbrantahstan

CE: Not much to say here. It's a good song and it'll also do well, maybe high-middle?

25 - Talvezout

FT: I think it's going to be hard to top their last entry.
CE: It is. This, however, could do just as well. Again, not a potential winner but I still see a possible top ten spot.

26 - Malta Comino Gozo

CE: Another brilliant tune with some good staging. I reckon this will carry on their top ten streak. Probably not a winner but I wouldn't be surprised if they do take it.
FT: I bet you're waiting for the day they send a dud.
CE: Not really and I'm not ruling it out either, I'm just enjoying what I'm being given.

27 - The Hlhata States

FT: At least it's better than their last two entries.
CE: Decent enough but I reckon their past couple of songs would've soured anything positive going towards this. It's not bad but I don't see it doing well. Sorry.

28 - Kalosia

CE: OK, this'll probably win it for them again, for sure. Seriously, brilliant tune, excellent vocals, some good staging, what's not to like.

29 - Todlichebujoku

CE: So let me finish off this contest with a fun fact: Fleen and I were part of the jury on Sinun Valintasi. We go into more detail on the episode of my podcast that we did before the compeition, along with Mason who wasn't there but had a chat with him anyway.
FT: And this song won. Alcas.
CE: Yes it did!
FT: It's not very good. Very generic dance song.
CE: Maybe but it's still well-done, well-crafted, a good song in my opinion. A possible winner, in fact. After all, it's from Toad-litch-boo-jockey -
FT: Todlichebujoku.
CE: Yes, them. It's from there, so you know it's a sure sign you're going to get some quality tunes. A good way to end the contest.
Last edited by Elejamie on Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:43 pm

29. _Tödlichebujoku_

Alcas
Rasiña

ACT I - ORIGIN | Svêto Alancars, Dívs Osta

Rasa Eglítis took a seat in the dusty tram that wafted over the cobblestones through the hazy heat of the city. Wispy acacia trees spread in vain to shade the sunbaked streets and cramped stone and stucco apartments, while stately palm trees framed the old Nevetayan colonial temple at the head of the central plaza. A flash and a chime interrupted her reverie as her well-worn crystal lit up with a message from her aunt, an old sweet face that was really a second mother to her. Rasa smiled warmly as she held her crystal to the afternoon light.

"Ah my Rasiña, could you go pick up some maizes augllus and bolos augllus for tomorrow's dinner after you are done with singing tonight? Vírenis Calniñss's shop is still open late, and he told me he wanted to chat with you after you sing, he said he knows someone apparently!"

"Oh, mora, of course I-"

"Asó, darling, make them clap for you! Give the apcártnei something to talk about for the next week! I know you'll do amazing, I'd come watch but you know how the babies are. And I know I'll be listening to your sweet voice when you clean the dishes tomorrow, ha ha!"

"Mora Ina! When Mamma finds out you've been working me like a slave..."

"She'll work you harder! Ah, yes I know you'll do well my little songbird, now go make the family proud. I wi- DOMANTS AUSTÉIA EGLÍTIS"

"Oh, paldies, mo-"

Rasa glanced at the crystal with a bemused smile as her aunt Ina went offline, most likely to give her cousin Domants a devastating tongue-lashing for some special variety of misbehavior. A sharp creaking cut through her thoughts as the tram slowed to a stop near the music hall she was heading to. The former rum distillery stood out from the other buildings only by a few feet of extra space on either side, a bright pastel yellow betraying its renovation in a recent urban renewal scheme. The budding singer hopped out of the tram door and into the full force of the tropical sun, hurrying into the cooler shade within the cavernous hall. She took a deep breath in the faintly musty air. It was time to practice.

ACT II - ASCENT | Sterblichengokai, Tödlichebujoku

The air was still and dead silent with heavy tension as all eyes were focused on Kiraya, who stood elegantly in the spotlight as she unfolded a matte black cardstock envelope. Her eyes flicked over the gilded contents and she grinned as she raised her head back toward the audience.

"And the award for Best New Plataino Act goes to... RASIÑA!!! Congratulations!"

Rasa gaped for some moments from her seat in the audience as the audience broke into a roaring applause and her neighbors clapped her the back, urging her to rise from her seat and head over to receive the talisman. She stiffly got out from her aisle and carefully stepped over to the main stage, utterly unprepared to have won anything, especially outside of the Plataino music industry. To gain recognition from the mainstream Tödlichebujoki industry was something she simply didn't expect as a possibility when she entered the doors for the National Records Awards. Feeling almost blinded by the spotlights, Rasa accepted the talisman and the balsam bouquet from Kiraya, who nodded at her encouragingly. The newly-awarded singer turned to the resonator to deliver a very hastily thought-out acceptance speech, pausing every once in a while to gather her thoughts.

"Oh powers, I.. Thank you all so much for this, I never thought this would happen. I... I'd like to thank, first of all, my family, you all mean so much to me, every one of you. Thank you to all of my producers, my agent, but most of all... thank you to the fans!! You made all of this possible, so a huge thanks to you all!"

That seemed about right. Rasa popped a quick nod to Kiraya before absconding with her coveted prizes, marveling at the sea of faces applauding and smiling, even if only politely. As she settled back into the soft cushion of her seat, Rasa realized just how much she had been clenching her prize package, and just how much she had been in a cold sweat. Almost as quickly as she entered the spotlight on center stage, the show moved on to another fortunate artist, and Rasa was left applauding, wondering if she really did win, wondering if the talisman and bouquet on her lap was just a cruel trick of the gods. But no. The hectic barrage of interviews and photographs after the show cemented the reality of the the surreal situation, yet it only really began to sink in by the next morning, the strengthening light cutting through the haze from the night's whirlwind celebration.

ACT III - STARFALL | Kaltekasai, Tödlichebujoku

Rasa took a breath in the bracing rush of air pouring from the backstage ventilation as she prepared to perform in the COLLISION final of Sinun Valintasi: Starfall. Steady, one, two, three, she reminded herself as she faced the challenge ahead. As one of the MAGMA pre-qualifiers, she had the handicap of not having familiarity among the international and domestic voters in comparison to the PULSAR and ECLIPSE qualifiers, and so she really had to execute a knockout performance in order to compete favorably, even if the MAGMA qualifiers as a whole were better vetted through industry professionals and thus had favorable odds of winning the national final. In addition, her running order placement was right in between two favorites- "Feel Alive" by Noravas ft. Álvrüttá Matsuvoka and the Izmeduan-Tödlichebujoki duo Letenje and MIDBARA with "Missing You", which were received quite favorably both among the Tödlichebujoki public and the international jurists. Rasa had to close her eyes and center herself, and after a prayer to Fortune, returned to the present and stepped ahead just as the tech nodded for her to move ahead.

Lights. Crystalcast. Action.

Before she knew it, it was over. She was sweating, breathless, as the lights returned to normal. "Kiitos kaikille, lloti paldies!" she shouted above the applause of the arena audience. Just like a tour performance, she rationalized to herself, hoping to relax her barely suppressed nerves, just enjoy the moment. Rasa headed back to decompress as well as she could before returning to her seat, hoping to enjoy the relative bliss of simply watching her fellow acts perform before the ultimate stress of voting rose like a storm tide upon her.
-
The first 15 of the night goes to.. MISSING YOU by Letenje and MIDBARA!
-
Elejamie gives top points to KIMIVA!
-
Beepee gives top points to ALCAS by Rasiña!
-
Polkopia stacks on another 15 for Mittori's KIMIVA!
-
Britonisea gives top points to FEEL ALIVE!
-
Ertzei Kishim ... gives 15 to FEEL ALIVE as well!
-
Achaea gives top points to KIMIVA!
-
Kalosia gives the first top points to TERRIBLE TRUTH!
-
Besen gives the first top points to UGÓS!
-
Axuva gives top points to TERRIBLE TRUTH!
-
Tödlichebujoku ... gives top points to... MISSING YOU!

At this point, Rasa was gripping the hands of her companions- only one top vote? Sure, she was coasting along on 2nd and 3rd place rankings, but what would that spell in the televote section? How could that lead be even sustainable? Crystalcasters arced in on her corner of the world as she stressed, barely remembering to look pretty for the audience as they entered her view. This couldn't continue like this on to the end. Impossible. Noravas & Álvrüttá or Mittori were sure capture the televote lead, being the first choice of so many juries. Rasa could only stare in disbelief as the televotes began to roll in.

RESULTS AFTER INTERNATIONAL TELEVOTE
Kimiva, 147 points.
Feel Alive, 153 points.
Alcas, 169 points, 1st place.

RESULTS AFTER DOMESTIC TELEVOTE
Missing You, 154 points, 3rd place.
Feel Alive, 182 points, 2nd place.
Alcas, 183 points, 1st place.

Rasa stared in shock. It was real? The scoreboard was real. The crowd around her shouting and applauding was real, the volume roaring all around her. She rose to her feet looking around as if this was all somehow a mistake. But it wasn't. Congratulatory nods and cheers greeted her every gaze, and she slowly made her way to the stage, attended to by a squad of crystalcasters recording her every move. It was something she'd have to get used to, but for the moment the imperative was to receive the customary wreath and bouquet, and then appear as graceful and photogenic as possible amidst the bright lights and barrage of attention from all directions.

"You will be performing in WorldVision, then, right? How do you think you'll do?"

"Is there anything you'd like to say to your fellow performers? Anything to Noravas and Álvrüttá?"

"What did you think about this contest format? Did TÖBUK and Estegoa100 do a good job?"

"How do you think you compare to the likes of Britonisea and Polkopia?"

"Hello, Miss Eglítis, I'm Jura Badbić from Izmedu, you may have heard of me. So, I noticed your lyrics encapsulate a number of intriguing themes regarding desire, insufficiency, and spirituality, and I would like to hear more about how your life experience has contributed emotionally and traumatically to your personal interpretation of the vocal and visual performance rendition of 'Alcas'. Now for a start I would like to consider your second line in your first stanza where I understand a potentially subconscious implication..."

It was quite a lot to deal with, but after the press storm, Rasa had just a bit of time to recuperate for the inevitable flurry of WorldVision-related events engulfed her. She snuggled in her hotel bed, reading a few chapters of a favorite novel, before putting it aside and gazing up at the ceiling, thinking of Marina Point and soon thinking about getting some goddamn sleep at last.

Rasiña stands upon a wide pedestal on the front center stage, wrapped in a slim black dress composed of strong diagonal forms from shoulder to waist, studded with black rhinestones, lit harshly by a single spotlight from above. Three dancers clad entirely in black clothing lie at her feet, reaching upwards to her. She starts off looking down at them with an icy countenance, before raising her head to the light, then back toward the audience. Her features are gaunt and her gaze detached, as if her heart had been torn out from her long, long ago. Mist surrounds her on the stage floor, and is simulated behind and around via hologram amidst skeletal holographic trees, giving her the appearance of a seductive fairy tale witch rising from the forest mist

Tu, rápo liz mano conã
You, crawl toward my body

Tu meclé údeni savã sirç avotã
You seek water for the spring of your heart

Bet viss, tu atradísi, ir sausums tumsá
But all you will find is drought in the darkness

Y mílestíba aizbéx orvazá
And love will escape in a phantom

She has turned to the side, head tilted back, an arm raised up and out in an elegant posture, eyes closed until the end of the stanza where she turns abruptly to face the audience at the same time as a flash of light, similar to that of a lightning strike. With this flash of light, the rhinestones erupt into a momentary dazzle of brilliance, whereupon the dancers disappear beneath the mist, leaving only Rasiña standing on her pedestal in a statuesque pose. As the chorus begins, dark red lights flicker around the sides of the stage and arena, a portent of danger in and beyond the mist. The dancers become visible once more as they crawl above the mist and circle around the pedestal in a rolling, writhing fashion

Mano Dievai, mano Dievai
My Gods, my Gods

To yútu tagad
I feel it now

Mano Dievai, mano Dievai
My Gods, my Gods

Tu to garsso gaisá?
Do you taste it in the air?

Mano Dievai, mano Dievai
My Gods, my Gods

Cá pelni y vélme
Like ash and desire

Mano Dievai, mano Dievai
My Gods, my Gods

Tas alcas mús nogalinás
This hunger will kill us

Mano Dievai, mano Dievai
My Gods, my Gods

Mano Dievai, mano Dievai
My Gods, my Gods

Mano Dievai, mano Dievai
My Gods, my Gods

Mano Dievai, mano Dievai
My Gods, my Gods

Tas Alcas Mús Nogalinás
This hunger will kill us

In the moment after she belts out the final line of the chorus Rasiña is engulfed in a blitz of light, reflecting off the rhinestones to dazzle in every direction, before a twisted cylinder composed of diagonally oriented spotlights forms around her, flashing to the beat as the spotlights flash on and off in a rotating fashion so that it appears as if the cylinder of light is itself turning in a circle around her. She spins around on her pedestal in a rapid fashion, hair tossed out and wrapping right back around her neck before falling back down, her movements and gaze being aggressive and uncompromising. Around her, her dancers stomp and beat drums in a tribal fashion, facing outward from the pedestal as they stomp, gyrate, and beat, the mist beneath them glowing a deep blood red, the holographic mist around being a bit dissipated to focus attention on the center stage. Around the interior of the arena, the lights are a similar deep blood red that pulsates and warps like a heartbeat

Mano Dievai, mano Dievai
My Gods, my Gods

Mano Dievai, mano Dievai
My Gods, my Gods

Mano Dievai, mano Dievai
My Gods, my Gods

Mano Dievai, mano Dievai
My Gods, my Gods

With the end of the dance break, the spotlights consisting of the twisted cylinder switch to red lasers that cut through hazy air. The dancers around Rasiña put their drums away and ascend the pedestal, rising up to reach up along Rasiña's body, caressing her curves, almost climbing on one another to reach higher and higher. The camera view arcs upwards and diagonally along the breaks in the twisted cylinder of light, starting from the pedestal level, up along the rising bodies of the dancers, to the torso and head of Rasiña, who has her head knocked back and tilted to the side slightly, her eyes closed perhaps from ecstasy due to the caresses through the rest of the next stanza. The camera view briefly cuts to a close in shot of her head from another angle, cutting across the laser light horizontally before a background of deep red holographic mist, before moving on

Plauxas visá silto ádo
Hands all over warm skin

Turamies catro çeríbas atmiño
We cling to every memory of hope

Yúti, ca mani pirxi slíd atveré
You feel my fingers slip into an opening

Satvert zívei taiá pazemé
To grasp for life in this hell

Pinpoint streaks of white light begin to permeate the red lasers, pulsing and flashiing with the beat, slowly growing more and more dominant over the red. Around the stage, the holographic mist now shifts to a moody gray along with the real mist on the stage floor. Rasiña's eyes open seductively, and she extends an arm out to beckon the camera closer with a finger, a slight smile forming, hinting at something greater. The camera view just barely captures fingers touching at her upper torso, before it cuts to one rotating around the cylinder of light, focused on Rasiña as she reaches both arms out, raising them up as if summoning some great power, and letting go

Tu rápo liz mano conã
You crawl toward my body

Tu meclé údeni savã sirç avotã
You seek water for the spring of your heart

Es ribo zirxeles, es ribo sayústo
I want sparks, yes I want feeling

Cuati tec çendros copéçhó
Colors seep into grayscale

The red fades entirely as all becomes shades of white and black- mist, holograms, lighting. The lighting beyond the cylinder cuts down to darkness, so that the focus is entirely on Rasiña, who is turning to the camera as it tracks around her, bars of light crossing her visage as it circles around the pedestal. Once again, the light within the cylinder is rather harsh, highlighting the contours of her face and upper body, and creating a dazzling effect with the rhinestones in her dress, the camera effect highlighting the sparkling reflections in almost a dreamlike quality, as if Rasiña were appearing to the television audience in a divine vision

Ooh...
To yútu tagad
I feel it now

Tu...
You...

Tu to garsso gaisá?

Cá pelni y vélme
Like ash and desire

Tas alcas mús nogalinás
This hunger will kill us

The twisted cylinder of light begins to rotate slowly and smoothly around Rasiña, her dancers sinking back down to pedestal level just as slowly, jerking and writhing to the beat in practiced motion as they collapse down and off the pedestal. At this point, Rasiña is arched backwards, arms outstretched, eyes closed, as if summoning the powers above to bring answers to her heart, and salvation from suffering. Once again, the camera rotates around her at shoulder level, focused on her head as it arcs around outside the rotating cylinder of light, spotlights stark against her skin and shining off her rhinestones, before the extraneous lighting beyond the cylinder dims down and diverts all attention to the center

Mano Dievai, mano Dievai
My Gods, my Gods

To yútu tagad
I feel it now

Mano Dievai, mano Dievai
My Gods, my Gods

Tu to garsso gaisá?

Mano Dievai, mano Dievai
My Gods, my Gods

Cá pelni y vélme
Like ash and desire

Mano Dievai, mano Dievai
My Gods, my Gods

Tas alcas mús nogalinás
This hunger will kill us

The cylinder itself is simply a skeletal collection of pinpoint white light that flashes to the beat, in a rotating motion around Rasiña, who has adopted a statuesque and absolutely still posture, frozen in time and space, only the lights moving around her as the camera view captures the scene from a further distance, and then closer in, panning vertically from head level down to pedestal level, capturing Rasiña as if she were a display model in a luxury department store display window, wisps of fog rising and falling against the edge of the pedestal and the dancers clustered along the edge

Mano Dievai, mano Dievai
My Gods, my Gods

Mano Dievai, mano Dievai
My Gods, my Gods

Mano Dievai, mano Dievai
My Gods, my Gods

Mano Dievai, mano Dievai
My Gods, my Gods

Tas Alcas Mús Nogalinás
This hunger will kill us

With massive blast of white sparks and white flame all along the stage edge, the dance break cuts back in with a renewed blitz of light and energy, the holographic mist organized just so that it provides a glowing backdrop for the light show occuring in and along Rasiña's cylinder without impeding the camera view. Blasts of white smoke add to the thickened ambiance, the dancers dark around the pedestal as they beat their drums, but at this point they are but a side prop in the greater light and smoke show, as an array of white laserlights flit and flicker across the stage and around the flashing and rotating cylinder of light around Rasiña. She herself is hit in the upper chest with a brilliant single beam of light before breaking into an aggressive tribal dance in time with her dancers below, as if a dance to the death, a last hurrah before a final cessation of life and energy

Mano Dievai, mano Dievai
My Gods, my Gods

Mano Dievai, mano Dievai
My Gods, my Gods

Mano Dievai, mano Dievai
My Gods, my Gods

Mano Dievai, mano Dievai
My Gods, my Gods

And so it is a death, an ending, a cessation of life and energy, as the music fades and the lights cut out bit by bit, a single spotlight shining on Rasiña from directly above being the final source of illumination before the end of the performance. Her dancing is no longer aggressive, but slows down considerably, once again a soft and slow sensual, before pausing to a rigid and almost catatonic state for a second before her final spotlight cuts out. And thereafter is darkness, empty as it once was before

"Lloti Paldies! Kiitos Marina Point!" she shouts and then bows, exiting the stage soon after. She pulled a few more stops out in between Sinun Valintasi and WorldVision, and she did hope dearly that the choices would pay off. Sliding into a secluded area backstage, she held up her current, much more sleek crystal, and made a well-worn connection. The familiar face appeared on the facet, though aged by the years and swaddled in a bed with medical equipment. Nonetheless, Rasa grinned tearfully as she spoke.

"I've performed it, mora Ina, did you get to see it? Internationally broadcast!"

"Ah, my sweet... I could never have imagined such things... But I knew there was something about you... It was like seeing a young goddess there, you were..."

A nurse popped into the viewframe before she realized what was going on, then swiftly backed off and turned to face Rasa quite apologetically, looking toward aunt Ina every so often.

"Oh I'm so sorry Rasa! It's past lunchtime, Ina, you really must eat now, I can't leave you on an empty stomach for this long, and you know that. Sorry about the interruption, we can get back to you after lunch, good luck on WorldVision, Rasa!"

"Oh, no I understand, paldies, mora, love you!"

Rasa waved quickly before the connection ended, choking back a new tear, then turned back out toward the main corridors. The rest of her family and her friends were waiting, and it would not be too long before the voting results would roll in. While aunt Ina might be bedridden, everyone else was here, and she was determined to make the most of it.
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Nekoni
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nekoni » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:00 pm

As the final strains of the last song of the evening played out, and the performers had all performed, it was time for the most important part of the show to begin.

Alice: "That's it! All twenty-six countries tonight have performed, and there's only one thing left to do!"
Miki: "That's right, it's time for the votes! Remember, you only have a window of ten minutes to vote for your favourite! Use the numbers at the bottom provided, and always ask for the bill-payers permission. Now, shall we get it started?"
Alice: "Sounds like a plan! For the eightieth time in history...world..."
Both: "START VOTING!"

The arena awashed with a bright flicker of light and flames from the stage, as a giant count down in the background screen began counting down from 10:00. The audience at home got their first list of all 26 valid entries in order, cut between the standard 10 seconds of song performance with a quick cut to the artists in the green room, waving flags, gesturing to vote and generally hollering at the camera.

As we return, our hosts are back on the front podium.

Miki: "Alright, now, Alice, it's our second time hosting this, so I figured it's time for a quick pop quiz. We should know everything about this contest, right?"
Alice: "I wasn't aware there was gonna be a test, but fine!"
Miki: "I saw you leafing through the Wiki article before the show, love. You knew this was gonna happen! So, the history of Nekoni in this contest was, of course..."
Alice (without hesitation): "We entered in 26, and spent the next twenty contests lounging in mediocrity until we magically had a spark from somewhere, and magically somehow that built us to a win in 70!"
Miki: "Good, good! And that spark came in..."
Alice: "46?"
Miki: "Double good, very well! Now, who WAS it that performed for us that night?"
Alice: "I don't know...can you help us?" She points out to the audience as they shout out the answer.
Miki: "You're cheating!"
Alice: "Alright, alright...I knew anyway. The entrant for WV46 was...her!"

OPENING SONG: "My Side Of The City" by Eliana Mitrecey
Based on Friday Night Gurus by Studio Killers

The crowd goes wild for the sight of a returning face to the WVSC family, as Eliana Mitrecey appears for the first time in over thirty editions dressed just as she did for her performance way back then. Despite it being so long, she hasn't aged a day. The other three in the group with her are Spice Club, the same act she collaborated with that night, however as with pop music, it was never really about them, was it?

The back of the stage contains a long, dark granite table, upon which the three members of Spice Club are stood, with their mixing decks and synthesizers, dressed as they are in the promo photo above. In front of them, both to the left and right, are two more tables at which two bartenders are placed. They are dressed in contemporary style, half-buttoned plain black shirts and black jeans. All the LED backgrounds are platinum white, with neon 'lines' connecting them together in shades of green, cyan and purple.

The floor of the stage is a neon dancefloor pattern on a platform, made of multiple diamonds in a checkerboard formation of faded pastel colours. As we'll see, these are hydraulically mobile vertically, to mimic the stage of Oreo City. Eliana enters from the back, and moves to end up taking her place at the front of the platform.

As the song starts and builds, the white of the stage 'pulses' with shades of blue. The 'lines' of the background flow down the stage onto the checkerboard floor.

When it gets hard, and life has got you down
There's a place for you on the old side of the town

As the first verse commences, the diamonds of the floor start to shift upwards, revealing over the course of the verse to be a set of stairs. As they form, Eliana stands up, currently on the top step.

Unspoiled by
The rowdy crowds, they don't stop by here
It's a secret, come down the steps and see

As she sings the rest of the verse, Eliana steps down the staircase. As she descends, each level of step she goes down changes colour to white and sinks into the next level, in such a way that she finishes singing as she hits the bottom step, with the floor being completely flat and white.

On the three beats before the chorus, the entire stage pulses between black and white.

On the chorus hit, the studio and lights change to a hot pink and dark purple setup, displaying a city silhouette. The lights flash in time, and the floor flutters colours, changing rapidly.

Come round my side of the city when your body's lost its soul
We will make you move just like we do
In the land of gold and blue

The bartenders to the side of the stage jump on top of their respective tables and perform an elaborate routine, flipping drink bottles, passing them over their shoulders and catching them behind them. Throughout the chorus, they actually manage to make a cocktail - a Cosmopolitan, with the wrong proportions, but these aren't meant to be drank, so nobody's counting.

As the rain falls down outside stay where the music's solid gold
Where the scene's your perfect fantasy
The beat will fuel your dreams
You'll be in nirvana

At the start of the chorus, Eliana throws off her gown to reveal the salmon pink dress she wears in the promo shot. She walks forward to the front of the stage, down one of the two 'side gantries' to get close to the audience. She makes it back to the centre of the dancefloor by the end of the chorus. Upon singing the word 'nirvana', she raises her hand. From the point she stands spreading outwards, the floor changes colour to platinum white again, spreading to the back LED screens, the arena becoming completely white at the start of the second verse.

As the second verse continues, the screens displays black wireframes of various sized cubes. They rotate and spin into each other, creating throughout the verse a wireframe version of a club, with dance floor, walls, and DJ booth. The floor changes from a dance floor to a circular design, resembling a vinyl record. Behind it, across the whole of the floor, is a large dark purple 'soundwave' visualisation of the song.

Take my hand, down here, I know the score
We'll show you how euphoria breathes on the dancefloor
Time will slow down
As you're lost in the beats, speeds in the one-twenties
Love lives tonight, and we are all Aphrodites

Eliana during the verse is in the centre of the record on the floor as it 'spins'. As she sings, a semi-transparent black 'cloud' hologram appears around the circumference of the record, extending upwards to surround Eliana. As she sings "speeds in the one-twenties", she outstretches her arm across the hologram, which displays a BPM slider with the number on the right moving upwards from 60 as her arm moves, stopping at 127, the speed of the song. The number flashes, and then the hologram fades into a light pink haze.

Upon the start of the second chorus, the bartenders front flip off their respective counters. They make their way to the centre with Eliana, performing a complicated street dance routine around her, incorporating flips, handplants, and slides. The lights and graphics of the stage are the same as the first chorus.

Yeah, the scene's your perfect fantasy
You'll be in nirvana

As the chorus finishes, the stage turns dark purple. Through the bridge, Eliana seductively grabs both of the bartenders by the back of the head, pulling them close to her. As she sings, she runs her hands down to their lower backs, and by the line 'all that's left are memories', pushes their backs, causing them to flip sideways, landing with both their hands on the floor, which they use to jump back up to their feet.

You'll lose yourself, deep within the neon lights
Stealing a kiss from the masters of the night
Lead by the hand, go explore extremities
Day break arrives, all that's left are memories

The stage turns back to the same colour scheme used in the choruses again. The bartenders-slash-dancers repeat their routine, but by the end of the chorus, they lift Eliana on their shoulders.

Oh, the scene's your perfect fantasy
You'll be in nirvana

Eliana sings the final line in the middle of the dance floor, lifted on the shoulders of the two bartenders.

You'll be in nirvana

Eliana is lowered onto her feet to greet the roaring crowd and the hosts, who look like they enjoyed every moment of it.

Miki: "Oh my! It's like you never left, judging by this crowd here! How does it feel coming back after all this time!?"
Eliana (quite clearly taken back by the crowd): "I love it! Oh my God, the feeling was electric when I did it back in Antahbrantahstan, and it's, like, double now I'm doing it in front of a home crowd! I have so much love for everyone behind that stage tonight!"
Alice: "And, of course, you helped Nekoni get its first ever Top 5 placing back then! Do you think our lad Alex this time can repeat the feat?"
Eliana: "I don't know, every contest it gets harder and harder to stand out, and I don't know how it keeps on coming! I love Alex Ford, I love his song, and I really hope it wins for us, but anybody that does well tonight will have earned it! I love you WorldVision!"

Eliana walks off stage waving with her arms raised, as the clock ticks down the final 30 seconds. The final 10 are accentuated by the entire audience shouting them down, with a lovely loud gong at the end to emphasise the time running out.

Miki: "That is it! Your time has ran out! Please do not call, as the lines are now closed!"
Alice: "My friends, this is the moment of truth. You've done all you can. The artists have done all they can. Now, it comes down to who's got the most votes. Of course, we'll be visting each nation at random, and they will be offering 1 to 12 points for their favourite entry. Whoever has the most points after we've heard from all 26 nations will win the contest! It's as simple as that."
Miki: "Right you are! And I've being told that our first nation is ready! We are heading to Malta Comino Gozo first! Malta, bon soir!"
Last edited by Nekoni on Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

7-time Grand Prix Host
Renowned* Track Designer

*by himself

Malta Comino Gozo
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Malta Comino Gozo » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:11 pm

Good Evening Marina Point! Good Evening World! Ira here from Valletta!

Thank you so much for such a fantastic show. Pistols and Tulips I love you! Malta Comino Gozo has voted and here are our first points.

7 Antahbrantahstan
6 Ertzei Kishim
5 Mister X
4 Imperial Joseon
3 Besen
2 Beepee
1 Proluvia

And I know you want to hear out top scores.. so we start with

8 points they are going to
Polkopia!
Well done!

and 10 points and lots of love go to
Elejamie!

And finally, our 12 points. Our 12 points... they are going too ...
Achaean Republic!

Thanks! Good luck everybody!
Last edited by Malta Comino Gozo on Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:18 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Malta Comino Gozo WV Committee member. International Broadcast Alliance founding member. Member of the WMCAverse, Waisnor/Malta Comino Gozo/Carrelie/Alezian Union Achaean_Republic

The Hlhata States
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hlhata States » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:19 pm

12 - Caryton
10 - Antahbrantahstantahsan
8 - Nekoni
7 - Polkopia
6 - Talvezout
5 - Axuva
4 - Izmedu
3 - Britonisea
2 - Besen
1 - Todlichebujoku

omg didnt realise we were doing wv69 again :lol2:
puppet of llalta ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ
    67 = 25/31
    78 = 28/29
    79 = 21/23
    80 = 26/26
    81 = 33/34
    100 = 27/51
    101 = 17/32
    41 = 17/20
    42 = 19/20
    53 = 19/33
    5 = 13/15

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:24 pm

Good evening, Marina Point! Buenas noches, Punto-slash-Punta de Marina! This is Coventry calling with me, Nick J. Holland, and I've returned once more to give you people back home the results of the Elejamian people. Good competiton, plenty of brilliant tracks but, sadly, there can only be one winner. But before we give you our winner, let's get through the ones to sevens. Unos a sietes. Bring them up!

Nicholas Holland, better known by his stage name Nick J. Holland*, television personality and singer best known for co-hosting the late night LGBT-themed variety show Saturgay Night from 1997 to its cancellation in 2001 and from its resurrection in 2017 onwards. He's also been the Elejamian spokesperson for WorldVisions 74 and 78 and will be their spokesperson from WV80-90 (unless I host at some point during that period).

* Much like the real life actor Michael J. Fox, the "J." in his name doesn't stand for anything, though in this case not only does he not have a middle name altogether but also he chose it because he thought the name "Nick J. Holland" had a nice ring to it.

1. Kalosia
  2. Placely Placington
  3. Amuaplye
  4. Todlichebujoku
  5. Main Nation Ministry
  6. Mister X
  7. Achaean Republic

Now we've gotten that done and out of the way, let's get onto the eight points. And they're going straight to you, Malta Comino Gozo!

Ten points. Ten points. Izmedu gets the ten points.

And, finally, our big, big, BIG doce puntos. Are you ready for them? Because I'm not ready for them and I don't think our winner would be ready for them. But here we go anyway. Beepee with the douze points!
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Highly Ranked
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Highly Ranked » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:16 pm

THE ONLY TV CHANNEL HERE'S REPORT

The camera fades into a video of a suited man, holding a piece of paper. The quality is extremely bad, with there being no color, it being extremely fuzzy, and either the audio or the video (and even sometimes both) cutting out at times. It's not like there was any audio to begin with, as the audio's volume is extremely low, and the extremely thick accent of the man didn't help it. As for video quality, the film scratches and dust obscure most of it, along with the brightness changing every few seconds.

From what people can make out, the transcript sounds like this:

MAN:
Hello! Welcome to the only TV channel in this fine land! You may notice that this is in black and white. This is normal and the result of- ...than yours.

Anyway, we are ready to produce our votes for this contest. Our wonderful entry is doing so well- ...voting so far! We are, in fact, at the time of this broadcast, in- ...points!

Anyway, onto our glorious results, selected by our Dear Leader and his great allies!

1 point shall go to the Main Nation Ministry, with their song... uh... erm... I think it was... Ah, yes! It was Afternoon of Love by Fred Walker and Princess Keller Harrington.

2 points shall go to Malta Comino Gozo, with their song Love of My Life by Pistols and Tulips.

3 shall go to Zamboodle, with their song SPOOKY CARY HELL TIME by the Zamboodle Supah Soldahs and the-

4 shall go to the Achaean Republic, with their song Santo Deber by Metta-Noia.

5 shall go to Missus X, with X My Legs by Rick Leg, the only resident of the country.

...shall go to Proluv- ...with Nothing With- ...Beautiful People.

7- ...Talvezout with The Word by Iso- ...chelor.

8 shall go to- ...Kishim- ...with Red-

10 shall go to Axuva with N- ...onica.

12- ...Rasina. (OOC Note: I'm referring to Todlichebujoku)

Tha(video freezes, audio repeats itself)- ...night, Highly Ranked. May we see each other tomorr-

Antahbrantahstan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 29, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Antahbrantahstan » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:20 am

Roberto Weier, singer

"Sup, gals, dudes, and non-binaries, it is such an honor for me to read the Anturian votes to y'all, and, oh, by the way, i would like to give my gal Mariska a shout-out for being blessed with melanin! I am totally not jealous."

"Anyways, let's bring the Anturian votes up."
7-Kalosia
6-Tödlichebujoku
5-Zamboodle
4-Elejamie
3-Proluvia
2-Mister X
1-Izmedu

"The Anturian 8 points goes to..."
Polkopia, congrats, mate!

"10 points goes to...."
That dancing song, Ert- um, Ertzei Kishim!

"And our big 12 points goes to...."
The fantastic host, Nekoni!

"Congratulations to you all! Thank you, and selamat malam, lads."
Farhana Nariswari Wisandana | Audrey Vanessa Susilo | Yasinta Aurellia | Lulu Zaharani Krisna Widodo | Ritassya Wellgreat Waynands

Imperial Joseon
Minister

Founded: Dec 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Joseon » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:46 am

1 - Polkopia
2 - Britonisea
3 - Besen
4 - Zamboodle
5 - Nekoni
6 - Talvezout
7 - Missus X
8 - Highly Ranked
10 - Mister X
12 - Ertzei Kishim
Champions - Sporting World Cup 10 (U-18),

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:28 pm

1 point: Achaean Republic
2 points: Antahbrantahstan
3 points: Besen
4 points: Elejamie
5 points: Nekoni
6 points: Malta Comino Gozo
7 points: Mister X
8 points: Tödlichebujoku
10 points: Kalosia
12 points: Ertzei Kishim
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Besen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Besen » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:36 pm

7/26
BESEN
Jenine Blauch

"Hi World! I can't believe I'm here presenting Besen's points at Worldvision! This is crazy! Anyways, I'm sure you don't want to hear anymore rambling so let's continue..."

TALVEZOUT

ERTZEI KISHRIM

AXUVA

Achaean Republic
Diplomat

Founded: May 26, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Achaean Republic » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:18 pm

Good evening, Multiverse! My name is Kiara Lee Oquendo, and you may remember me from AS1’s hit show, Jakob & Michaela. This is Corola calling, and I’m glad to say I have enjoyed this wonderful show from Nekoni. Thank you so much!

And now we have to announce the Achaean Republic’s points…

1 point: Izmedu
2 points: Antahbrantahstan
3 points: Talvezout
4 points: Kalosia
5 points: Malta Comino Gozo
6 points: Nekoni
7 points: Britonisea

And now come the good points:

8 points go to… Polkopia!

10 points go to…Ertzei Kishim!

And finally, our 12 points go to…Elejamie!

Thank you so much! Muchas gracias, and have a great night!

Beepee
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 20, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Beepee » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:43 pm

Good evening Marina Point.... This is Beepee Calling.

We are delighted to take part in this 80th Edition and we would like to congratulate you on a wonderful show.

And now what you've been waiting for our scores...

1 point to Britonisea
2 points to Talvezout
3 points to Kalosia
4 points to Ertzei Kishim
5 points to, you our wonderful hosts, Nekoni
6 points to Malta Conmigo Gozo
7 Points to Izmedu

And now...

8 points go to Besen

10 points go to ... Polkopia

And finally our twelve points from Beepee go to....

Elejamie

Thank you and good night.

Placely Placington
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 03, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Placely Placington » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:52 am

11/26 - Placely Placington votes!

All credit goes to tibigrecu over on DeviantArt.

Television Director, government communications guy and owner of Wait, We Have A Broadcaster?. As you'd expect, he has a television on his head, which causes him immense pain due to all the headaches he keeps getting. He was also hired simply because of his name; in reality, he's just a fisherman who collects the only thing that really shows up in Placely Placington's incredibly polluted waters: discarded shopping trolleys.

Hello, it is me! Television Director! I am giving you my points!

All of our points go to Placely Placington! *inaudible whispering* Turns out you can't actually give points to yourself. In that case, all of our points go to Elejamie! *more inaudible whispering* It turns out you can't give all 58 points to a single nation regardless of how good it is. Fine, we'll get it 5. Unfortunately I don't know what to give each nation now, so give me a second. *Television grabs a piece of paper and writes down a list of nations along with how many points he's giving each one. Once he's done with that, he holds it right in front of the camera until it cuts right to the lucky nation who are probably happy receiving their 12 points.*

1 - Polkopia
    2 - Ertzei Kishim
    3 - Zamboodle
    4 - Axuva
    5 - Elejamie
    6 - Caryton
    7 - Proluvia
    8 - Nekoni
    10 - Talvezout
    12 - Main Nation Ministry
Obligatory wacky and "so random" puppet that you all know and are probably sick and tired of, brought to you by Elejamie.

Nekoni
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nekoni » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:43 am

As expected, it was time for the twelfth entry to give their votes, and it was, of course, Nekoni.

Miki: "We're going just down the road, now, to the beach!"
Alice: "Good evening, Elitsa! Do you have the results of the Nekoni vote?"

The camera changes to the live feed at La Grande Plage. Again, 2,000 slightly drunk people scream as they realise they're on live TV.

Elitsa: "Bonsoir, mes amis! We have indeed the results of the voting for Nekoni. Here we go!"

7-time Grand Prix Host
Renowned* Track Designer

*by himself

Proluvia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proluvia » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:48 am

And, after the cheering of the Polkopian crowd in the audience, the thirteenth set of votes came in.

Miki: "And we go back to an old friendly rival over at Nova Truare!"
Alice: "Proluvia! Welcome back! And welcome back Kai!"

The feed changes to the Nova Truare National Sports Stadium in Proluvia, to the spokesman for the last time Nekoni hosted in WVSC64.

Kai: "Buonasera girls! It's been a long, long time, and we all love you in Proluvia! The contest has been as good as ever, and I can't wait to show you the results of the Proluvian vote! Let's go!"

Nekoni's bit on the side.

Nekoni
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nekoni » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:03 pm

Alice: "Friends, we have reached the halfway stage of the voting!"
Miki: "Thirteen countries have given us their votes, and so, the battle is heating up."
Alice: "Let's take a look at who's currently leading the pack!"

The scoreboard reveals the current standings so far, as the clips of the top 5 entries play over the top.

Miki: "So, Ertzei Kishim is pulling out quite a lead, but there's still so much of the contest left to go!"
Alice: "Right you are, it's not over until it's over! May we have the fourteenth country please?"

7-time Grand Prix Host
Renowned* Track Designer

*by himself

Ertzei Kishim
Envoy

Founded: Aug 12, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ertzei Kishim » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:29 pm

הצבעות מארצי קישים | تصويتات من أراضي الكيش

1 point: Talvezout
2 points: Kalosia
3 points: Polkopia
4 points: Britonisea
5 points: Nekoni
6 points: Besen
7 points: Achaean Republic

8 points: Elejamie
10 points: Mister X
12 points: Todlichebujoku

Spiritual Republic of Caryton
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Spiritual Republic of Caryton » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:18 pm

1 point: Zamboodle
2 points: Achaean Rep.
3 points: Polkopia
4 points: Britonisea
5 points: Mister X
6 points: Besen
7 points: Talvezout
8 points: Kalosia
10 points: Nekoni
12 points: Elejamie
The Spiritual Republic of Caryton
(CARYTON VIDEO)
A serene & puritan 80s-90s tech agrarian Christian fundamentalist nation with no separation between church and state. Wide prairies, fertile plains, archaic clothing, clean skies, lack of modern influence, universal prohibition, kind societies, and simple austere lives forge the Carytonic identity.
Music of Caryton: [8-29-22] Classic Carytonic Sing-Along Hymns

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates