NATION

PASSWORD

A Meeting under Moon and Stars (Closed)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kyrenaia
Senator

Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:47 pm

Astares Amauricanum wrote:When Aurelia takes Adrean and Anna's hands, the Imperial Couple do not take her words as an insult.
"We'll see. Bring it on." simply replies the Keisaerina with a raised eyebrow and a small smirk of his own.

And so, for the time that the Kyrenaians disarm and align their weapons on the carpet, Adrean, Anna, Pavel and Alicia watch with interest the arsenal laid out before them. While the Kyrenaians seem to prefer in some cases non-metallic blades, the Astarian usually prefer handcrafted daggers and such, forged in ancient ways.
However, when Razia takes out her small grenade and puts it on the carpet, the four Astarians raise their eyebrows, their right hands immediatly grabbing their handguns in their thigh holsters for a second or two, before relaxing once they see the thing does not pose a threat, especially when it is revealed to be a lighter.

"Indeed, our hands are too small." says Adrean after a few seconds, but with a large smile. "But this really pleases me. That's what I call a proper security equipment!" he exclaims with a very excited tone. "Enough gear to turn a platoon's worth of enemies into mincemeat, Voilà! Now we're talking!" he adds as he extends his arms towards the assembled weapons.

After a few seconds pass in silence, during which Pavel and Alicia start to take photos with their forearm computers and check the pistols serial numbers, Adrean, with a neutral expression, takes a few steps towards Sarina, before squatting right in front of her.
Without a word, he raises his right index finger... and starts poking repeatedly the Handmaiden in her left shoulder.
"What are you doing?" asks his wife with a raised eyebrow, a small smile showing her amusement.
"Poking a weapon to see if it is safe or not." he replies with a serious voice, his gaze not leaving Sarina. The Kyrenaians could see that the Astarians too, when faced with trolling, could answer with even more trolling...

Princess Aurelia bint-Damir.
I knew, that Sarina took his poking in good humour - it was not as if he slapped her on the rear or something.
So, as he commented, "Poking a weapon to see if it is safe or not."
She answered: "Phew... I was already wondering if you were getting to second base before hitting first or if you were just happy to see me..."
I burst out laughing and I was not alone.
"I am glad, that you like, what you see from us.", I told Adrean once we all calmed down, "Needless to say, that when you come to Kyrenaia, we expect you to announce which weapons you bring along beforehand and to not wear them openly." I raised a hand to forestall any argument about their pacifiers. "That is the custom and security procedure. Besides, the only two exceptions are Selkie-Marcach and the Khana of Las... though both are more meant in spite then as an honour." I shrugged. "Long story."
"You might want to record the rifling profile, too, while you are at it.", Dad recommended to Pavel and Alicia, "It's like a fingerprint. Though we'd need to fire from these guns for that... and in here, that might cause unnecessary complications."
"You're going to fire a few rounds as part of the recertification.", Tara reminded him, earning a nod.
"Well, there we'll get them from.", Dad said with a nod.
Last edited by Kyrenaia on Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RPing in MT and PT.

Astares Amauricanum
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 30, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Astares Amauricanum » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:41 pm

The four Astarians laugh a bit too with the Kyrenaians, before trying to be serious again.
"Do not worry Miss Sarina." replies Adrean to the Handmaiden as he gets back up, "if I was trying to get to second base with you, my balls would be no more, shot off by my dear wife."
"Best sniper of the year for you." replies the Keisaerina to her husband with a wink.

"Do not worry Prince, we'll record everything there is to be about your guns." replies Pavel with a nod as he looks to Aurelia's AC-3 "You may have seen this during your time in the police, but in the Palace armory, my colleagues and I have a shooting tunnel, a large tube mounted on a pendulum stuffed with cotton, meant to recover the bullets of a gun to check them and the rifling marks on it. So we'll have each one of you fire a bullet in it, that'll help us a lot."

"Do not worry Aurelia." says Adrean to the Princess, as they switch back to the subject of the return visit. "I know the customs, and I don't intend to cause an incident. What I would like to bring, if possible, would just be the compact version of this." he adds as he lightly taps his Masada 35 in his holster, "two additional mags and my dagger or combat knife. I'll have my staff get in touch with Captain al-Tabar when the times comes.
Now, since you are talking about the return, visit, I would like to make one thing clear, and it concerns you." continues the Keisaer as his tone turns a bit somber. "If we hear someone insulting you, especially with the famous word in four letters that starts with R, do not expect us to hold back. Neither Anna nor I do not intend to take part in your Hyena Game. But on this particular point, we have chosen our side. You've been through a lot, and we will support you. Simple as that."
As his wife and friends nod at his sentence, Anna looks to Damir with an eyebrow raised, her eyes saying I hope you don't mind us supporting your daughter.
Embassy Program
I don't use NS stats
Change rate: 1 Imperial Covin = 1.86 NSD

Member of: GFTC, IPDA, WHO
A 15.833 civilization, according to this index.
A 1.1428 civilization, according to this one
Nation ranked 8/10 according to this scale

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:19 am

Astares Amauricanum wrote:The four Astarians laugh a bit too with the Kyrenaians, before trying to be serious again.
"Do not worry Miss Sarina." replies Adrean to the Handmaiden as he gets back up, "if I was trying to get to second base with you, my balls would be no more, shot off by my dear wife."
"Best sniper of the year for you." replies the Keisaerina to her husband with a wink.

"Do not worry Prince, we'll record everything there is to be about your guns." replies Pavel with a nod as he looks to Aurelia's AC-3 "You may have seen this during your time in the police, but in the Palace armory, my colleagues and I have a shooting tunnel, a large tube mounted on a pendulum stuffed with cotton, meant to recover the bullets of a gun to check them and the rifling marks on it. So we'll have each one of you fire a bullet in it, that'll help us a lot."

"Do not worry Aurelia." says Adrean to the Princess, as they switch back to the subject of the return visit. "I know the customs, and I don't intend to cause an incident. What I would like to bring, if possible, would just be the compact version of this." he adds as he lightly taps his Masada 35 in his holster, "two additional mags and my dagger or combat knife. I'll have my staff get in touch with Captain al-Tabar when the times comes.
Now, since you are talking about the return, visit, I would like to make one thing clear, and it concerns you." continues the Keisaer as his tone turns a bit somber. "If we hear someone insulting you, especially with the famous word in four letters that starts with R, do not expect us to hold back. Neither Anna nor I do not intend to take part in your Hyena Game. But on this particular point, we have chosen our side. You've been through a lot, and we will support you. Simple as that."
As his wife and friends nod at his sentence, Anna looks to Damir with an eyebrow raised, her eyes saying I hope you don't mind us supporting your daughter.

I chuckled - sure, best Astarian sniper of the year. If she beat other snipers at that game, though... well, that was not my ego.
In any case, Dad replied to Pavel, that he knew, what he meant, but that he knew those blocks to be made out of gelatin, incidentally a material, which was similar in consistency to human tissue, which was always fun to clean, if someone did a bit of ballistics research, but that was another story.
Regardless...
...when the Astarians spoke about the return visit, I was silent for a moment, while Dad returned Anna's look with an expression, which read: Ask her, not me - she's a Big Girl, after all. Daddy's only job is to ferry her around these days...
"Please make sure, that your people indeed get in touch with Captain al-Tabar. As you can surely imagine, they are a bit allergic when it comes to people bringing weapons into their territory. And please make sure, that there is a papertrail.", I responded to the first part, then added: "If you actively participate in the Hyena's Game or not is of course your decision, but if you don't want to, stick to your decision. I know, what you mean and I appreciate the sentiment, but if you don't want to be a player in the Eternal Game, then you won't be able to support anyone." I let a beat pass. "That being said, if someone insults me in your presence, then you will keep your mouths shut and your hands by yourselves - especially if it is someone using the term 'runt'. Chances are, that it is someone, who is actually allowed to call me that and uses it as a term of endearment. Princess Dschamilla, for example."
I let a beat pass to let that sink in.
Yes, I had been the Selkie Runt for the longest time, but I had fought my way through the thick of things with that monicker instead of giving up and stretching all paws from me. That she still used the term from time to time was Dschamilla's way of acknowledging my strength and her underestimating me.
Then, my eyes got a dangerous glint: "If it is someone else or something else, you will tell me about that. I am to stand above such things, but I do have my ways of taking revenge in a manner, that is undeniably mine and can not be traced back to me regardless. As you do not want to participate in the Hyena's Game, it would be better, if someone, who actually knows, what she is doing, does that."
Dad smiled slightly at Anna: See? Big Girl. My Big Girl.
RPing in MT and PT.

Astares Amauricanum
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Astares Amauricanum » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:21 pm

"Runt as a term of endearment? The fuck?" asks Pavel to his friends in Astarian with a raised eyebrow and a surprised look
"Meh, don't give it too much thought." simply replies his wife, shrugging

"If your people are allergic, then I'll prescribe them some antihistamines, simple as that" replies Adrean with a small laugh, his wife and friends laughing a bit too. "Joke aside, duly noted Captain, there will be a papertrail and everything needed. And regarding your case, we will keep our mouths shut." he adds, referring to Aurelia by her TBA Horseman rank.

As some beats pass in silence, the atmosphere in the room seems to get a bit more cold (in the figurative sense), and a bit more tense, almost dreadful. Adrean and Anna look at each other with a neutral look, before simply nodding.
"You have three seconds to get your face out before we come and get you!" suddenly exclaims loudly the Keisaerina while looking back over her shoulder toward the throne.

For a few seconds, nothing happens. Then, appearing from behind the throne stage, the man responsible for Adrean and Anna's training/torment to this day, the Ghost Killer, Colonel Gabriel T. Rorke. Wearing the eversame bandana, he is dressed in drak gray cargo pants, a black combat shirt with an opened leather vest over it, and combat boots. On his thigh, a Masada 357 Revolver.
With slow steps, he approaches the group.

"What, no weapons drawn on me this time?" he asks with his deep voice in Astarian.
"The last thing we need is to get our guests in our Bodark quarrels. Besides, it's been ten years already. If we can't evolve past this, we won't get anywhere." replies Adrean with a very serious tone. In answer, his former instructor just nods, before turning his head towards Pavel and Alicia, nodding to them too, a gesture the Morozovs return.

"You'll surely have recognized him from the video we showed you." says Anna to the Kyrenaians. "Colonel Rorke, the one who made us in what we are today. And by coincidence, someone who was in Utica on that fateful day of June 2019 for the Al'Arz attack, in close proximity.
"Got myself some schrapnel in my back, the scars still itch." continues Gabriel with a semi-joking tone, before looking at the Kyrenaians more seriously, especially at Aurelia. "Your Highnesses, Commander, Ma'am, welcome. As you've seen already, if these two make some mishaps, I'm most likely responsible for it.
As for you Princess Aurelia, I just want to offer my condolences for your comrades and the other people who lost their lives that day. I sincerily hope that you will give hell to those who did this, and that the Law for the Change of Marriage will pass quickly."
Embassy Program
I don't use NS stats

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:20 pm

Astares Amauricanum wrote:"Runt as a term of endearment? The fuck?" asks Pavel to his friends in Astarian with a raised eyebrow and a surprised look
"Meh, don't give it too much thought." simply replies his wife, shrugging

"If your people are allergic, then I'll prescribe them some antihistamines, simple as that" replies Adrean with a small laugh, his wife and friends laughing a bit too. "Joke aside, duly noted Captain, there will be a papertrail and everything needed. And regarding your case, we will keep our mouths shut." he adds, referring to Aurelia by her TBA Horseman rank.

As some beats pass in silence, the atmosphere in the room seems to get a bit more cold (in the figurative sense), and a bit more tense, almost dreadful. Adrean and Anna look at each other with a neutral look, before simply nodding.
"You have three seconds to get your face out before we come and get you!" suddenly exclaims loudly the Keisaerina while looking back over her shoulder toward the throne.

For a few seconds, nothing happens. Then, appearing from behind the throne stage, the man responsible for Adrean and Anna's training/torment to this day, the Ghost Killer, Colonel Gabriel T. Rorke. Wearing the eversame bandana, he is dressed in drak gray cargo pants, a black combat shirt with an opened leather vest over it, and combat boots. On his thigh, a Masada 357 Revolver.
With slow steps, he approaches the group.

"What, no weapons drawn on me this time?" he asks with his deep voice in Astarian.
"The last thing we need is to get our guests in our Bodark quarrels. Besides, it's been ten years already. If we can't evolve past this, we won't get anywhere." replies Adrean with a very serious tone. In answer, his former instructor just nods, before turning his head towards Pavel and Alicia, nodding to them too, a gesture the Morozovs return.

"You'll surely have recognized him from the video we showed you." says Anna to the Kyrenaians. "Colonel Rorke, the one who made us in what we are today. And by coincidence, someone who was in Utica on that fateful day of June 2019 for the Al'Arz attack, in close proximity.
"Got myself some schrapnel in my back, the scars still itch." continues Gabriel with a semi-joking tone, before looking at the Kyrenaians more seriously, especially at Aurelia. "Your Highnesses, Commander, Ma'am, welcome. As you've seen already, if these two make some mishaps, I'm most likely responsible for it.
As for you Princess Aurelia, I just want to offer my condolences for your comrades and the other people who lost their lives that day. I sincerily hope that you will give hell to those who did this, and that the Law for the Change of Marriage will pass quickly."

When Pavel and his wife were exchanging their words in Astarian, I did not understand a word, but I had a rough idea. By their own admission, they were not willing to play the Game so it was reasonable to assume, that they had no idea about how to play the Game.
No need to get miffed if someone pointed that out and told them to shut up and to leave the experts to it.
When Adrean called me Captain, though, I was confused - yes, I had been Captain of the TBA Horseman Team and I was Captain of the Harira, but... eh? I did not go by either title, not even for the Full Official Title. They would find me more appreciative of mixing things up with the appelation if they called me 'Miss Taistealaí' (still grossly incorrect to the point of insulting, but at least I could understand that).
And then Rorke made his appearance.
This trick was getting old, people popping out of unexpected places.
Sure, the Handmaidens did that all the time, but that was part of their job description. And before there begins an argument about whether or not that was also the job of Extra Special Forces, like the Astarian Regiment of Nepotism, I don't care. If that person was not invited to this gathering, which he apparently wasn't, judging by the reactions, then he should not be here.
Everything else was a failure on part of whoever was in charge of security.
I nodded to Sarina, slightly, almost imperceivably - the reaction was very much perceiveable. The Handmaidens packed up their gear and with a moment of hesitation, so did the rest of the Delegation. I gave Dad my handbag for my stuff.
"Thank you for your well wishes, Colonel.", I replied diplomatically, bowing my head lightly, "And I hope, that your wounds will heal in time. As will the wounds left by that dastardly attack." I let a beat pass. "So, if you are responsible for any of their mishaps, I will send you the medical bills for any toes they stepped on during their state ball during the return visit."
That was a joke.
RPing in MT and PT.

Astares Amauricanum
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Astares Amauricanum » Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:08 pm

Rorke simply nods and chuckles a bit at Aurelia's joke, before his face turns serious again and he turns to Adrean and Anna.
"The fire has been extinguished. The first analyzesreported that the explosives involved were PETN" he says in Astarian. In answer, the Keisaer and Keisaerina look at each other with a raised eyebrow, a mix of fear and guilt in their eyes, although way more of the latter than the former. They then look down at their feet for a fex seconds, like kids who were scolded.

Meanwhile, Pavel and Alicia have been observing the situation with a small, smug smirk pulling the edge of their lips.
The male Morozov then turns to Aurelia.
"Long story short, those two just did a bad thing and put themselves in danger. In times like this, we issue a small punishment among ourselves. Just to ask Princess, what would be a Kyrenaian punishment in such a situation? It would be interesting to give them a foreign taste on the matter."
Embassy Program
I don't use NS stats

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:55 pm

Astares Amauricanum wrote:Rorke simply nods and chuckles a bit at Aurelia's joke, before his face turns serious again and he turns to Adrean and Anna.
"The fire has been extinguished. The first analyzesreported that the explosives involved were PETN" he says in Astarian. In answer, the Keisaer and Keisaerina look at each other with a raised eyebrow, a mix of fear and guilt in their eyes, although way more of the latter than the former. They then look down at their feet for a fex seconds, like kids who were scolded.

Meanwhile, Pavel and Alicia have been observing the situation with a small, smug smirk pulling the edge of their lips.
The male Morozov then turns to Aurelia.
"Long story short, those two just did a bad thing and put themselves in danger. In times like this, we issue a small punishment among ourselves. Just to ask Princess, what would be a Kyrenaian punishment in such a situation? It would be interesting to give them a foreign taste on the matter."

While Rorke reported (at least it sounded like a report), Sarina gave me back my handbag, which I took with a grateful nod. We had packed up again.
Morozov's question led to me looking to him, then to Rorke and the Imperial Couple.
"Depending on the severity of the danger one was in, usually measured in how much the Personal Handmaiden was worried, we receive a stern talking to and a more personalized punishment. For example, I usually have to put on my old Maid Uniform and serve the Palace Staff of whereever I am at the moment for the next day.", I replied and shrugged, "If nothing else, it is an interesting change of perspective. Anyway..." I let a beat pass, looking over to Adrean. "...no offense against the Emperor, I would think of something else. I don't think, that he'd look good as a maid."
I let a beat pass.
"Though, both in order to get this show further down the road, to give the good Colonel time to think and to avoid anyone else popping out of nowhere..." I shrugged, looking at Adrean. "...who knows, maybe your nursery school teacher is hiding in the rafters, I would propose, that this punishment is administered later. To my understanding, we still have a few things to do before midday."
RPing in MT and PT.

Astares Amauricanum
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Astares Amauricanum » Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:10 pm

Adrean, Anna, Pavel and Alicia nod at Aurelia's words. Although compared to the Kyrenaians, the Imperial Couple was more often (if not always due to their other job) in danger, what they did before was unecesarily risky.
"I agree, him as a maid would not be good, both for him and for ourselves in the team. We're not into this type of fantasy, it creeps us a bit." replies Pavel as he looks too to Adrean.
"Yeah yeah, we'll see later. I agree Princess, let's move out." says the Keisaer, before looking back to Rorke.
"Follow the investigation, and try to see if the explosives could come from a military source."
"The investigation is already underway, Barrera ordered it a minute ago. I'll handle the thing for the KC."
"Good, the last thing I want is to learn it came with complicity from our pack. If you find out this is the case, deal with it with extrem prejudice."

In answer, Rorke simply clacks his heels and salutes, before walking towards the front doors of the throne room, and getting out.
"Any questions before we move on?" asks Anna to the guests.
Embassy Program
I don't use NS stats

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Sat May 14, 2022 4:56 am

Astares Amauricanum wrote:Adrean, Anna, Pavel and Alicia nod at Aurelia's words. Although compared to the Kyrenaians, the Imperial Couple was more often (if not always due to their other job) in danger, what they did before was unecesarily risky.
"I agree, him as a maid would not be good, both for him and for ourselves in the team. We're not into this type of fantasy, it creeps us a bit." replies Pavel as he looks too to Adrean.
"Yeah yeah, we'll see later. I agree Princess, let's move out." says the Keisaer, before looking back to Rorke.
"Follow the investigation, and try to see if the explosives could come from a military source."
"The investigation is already underway, Barrera ordered it a minute ago. I'll handle the thing for the KC."
"Good, the last thing I want is to learn it came with complicity from our pack. If you find out this is the case, deal with it with extrem prejudice."

In answer, Rorke simply clacks his heels and salutes, before walking towards the front doors of the throne room, and getting out.
"Any questions before we move on?" asks Anna to the guests.

I politely nodded to Rorke as he departed and when Adrean asked, if there were any more questions, it was Elian, who raised a hand.
He looked a bit like a school boy, the twinkle in his eyes telling anyone, that he had one of those stupid, stupid questions only mischief-markers could ask. I nodded to him.
"Can your nursery school teacher hide in the rafters?"
There was a round of giggles and amused snorts before I nodded.
"Let's get going. We can hear the answer to that while we walk.", I said and motioned for Adrean to lead the way. "Needless to say, rafter-climbing seems to be mandatory for Middle School Teachers in Kyrenaia at least."
"...Really?", Dad asked, eyebrow raised.
"If Miss Eawari is any indication..." I shrugged and, upon his puzzled expression, added: "Kyrenaian Literature and Geography."
"Ah..."
"Let's get going."
RPing in MT and PT.

Astares Amauricanum
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Astares Amauricanum » Sat May 14, 2022 1:53 pm

When they hear Elian's question, Adrean, Anna, Pavel and Alicia raise their eyebrows and look at each other with a questioning gaze. Afetr a few seconds, Anna just shrugs and sighs, before looking to the Kyrenaian Prince.

"I will say Elian, your joke with the gel earlier in the helicopter was funnier, while this one, meh." says the Keisaerina as she moves her left hand left and right to indicate it's not good or average. "Next time, make sure your audience gets the reference." she adds with a neutral, almost dismissive tone.

"Before we go, take a look at this." continues her husband as he points to the ceiling, inviting the guests to look upwards. "You may have missed these woods mosaics, but just so you know they are an important part of what makes the Silver Palace."

"These mosaics are a thousand and ten years old, crafteed between 1009 and 1011 AD." explains the Keisaer with a smile. Judging by his tone, the Kyrenaians might guess he really enjoys telling people about their history.
"Originally, they were displayed in the first Imperial Palace, but when the Europeans invaded our lands, the Palace was destroyed, but we managed to preserve them. And in the 17h century, when the plans for the actual Silver Palace were made, the Throne Room where we stand now was specifically designed to welcome them.
Also, every little piece composing them is carefully noted down in a registered and numbered. And every ten to fifteen years, we dissassemble the mosaics, so that each piece is carefully varnished with an ancient ointment and polished. The ointment preserves the wood, and also has some fire retardant properties. This is how to this day, these mosaics appear to us in nearly the same state as they were a millenia ago." finishes the Keisaer with a smile.
Embassy Program
I don't use NS stats

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Sat May 14, 2022 2:14 pm

Astares Amauricanum wrote:When they hear Elian's question, Adrean, Anna, Pavel and Alicia raise their eyebrows and look at each other with a questioning gaze. Afetr a few seconds, Anna just shrugs and sighs, before looking to the Kyrenaian Prince.

"I will say Elian, your joke with the gel earlier in the helicopter was funnier, while this one, meh." says the Keisaerina as she moves her left hand left and right to indicate it's not good or average. "Next time, make sure your audience gets the reference." she adds with a neutral, almost dismissive tone.

"Before we go, take a look at this." continues her husband as he points to the ceiling, inviting the guests to look upwards. "You may have missed these woods mosaics, but just so you know they are an important part of what makes the Silver Palace."

"These mosaics are a thousand and ten years old, crafteed between 1009 and 1011 AD." explains the Keisaer with a smile. Judging by his tone, the Kyrenaians might guess he really enjoys telling people about their history.
"Originally, they were displayed in the first Imperial Palace, but when the Europeans invaded our lands, the Palace was destroyed, but we managed to preserve them. And in the 17h century, when the plans for the actual Silver Palace were made, the Throne Room where we stand now was specifically designed to welcome them.
Also, every little piece composing them is carefully noted down in a registered and numbered. And every ten to fifteen years, we dissassemble the mosaics, so that each piece is carefully varnished with an ancient ointment and polished. The ointment preserves the wood, and also has some fire retardant properties. This is how to this day, these mosaics appear to us in nearly the same state as they were a millenia ago." finishes the Keisaer with a smile.

While Elian grumbled something about everyone being a critic these days, Adrean pointed out the ceiling mosaics to us and explained a bit of the history.
"Interesting.", I said in a slightly interested tone. I did not gawk, I was not a tourist, after all. I glanced over to Dad, who smiled slightly. To be honest, I followed his philosophy on art: Let others notice the art, let others ask. Don't thrust their noses in like it was a steaming bowl of soup. But it was clear from Adrean's tone, that he liked talking about this ceiling mosaic, so I decided to entertain his fascination. "I am sure, that Okan would love to see them in person... and to see the preservation efforts."
I motioned for him to again lead the way.
"They do remind me a bit of the ceiling frescoes in the Azure Hall, though... and any other Kyrenaian Palace, for that matter.", I added, "Please, do tell us about the meaning of these images to you."
I will freely admit, I wanted to get the troop review over with.
Last edited by Kyrenaia on Sun May 15, 2022 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
RPing in MT and PT.

Astares Amauricanum
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Astares Amauricanum » Sun May 15, 2022 9:59 am

"But of course." replies Adrean as he finally puts the group in motion, raising his arm with his hand flat and gesturing forward for his group to move, in the same way a squad leader would do.

"When Anna and I were little, "starts the Keisaer, "these mosaics represented two things: pretty art to look at, and a sort of ideal of what we wanted to be when we would grow up. And knowing their age, I always felt like a privileged kid to know this was in my house."

As the group exist the throne room, Adrean stops for a few seconds, and makes a series of rapid and complex handsigns to the rest of the 1st Regiment of Nepotism gathered in the rotunda.
With nods, the whole group quickly disperses, each squad going in a separate direction.
With only Pavel and Alicia remaining, the Keisaer nods to them, before the male Morozov leads the group to the right, down a gallery where large windows to their right offer a view of the Palace Gardens covered in snow. On the wall to their left, other wood mosaics depicting various scenes, some ancient, other modern.
Positioned at regular intervals, Keiserlig Custos guards stand in their medieval armor, their Langasta held in their right hand, their rifles strapped to their chests, their swords to their backs and their pistols to their thighs.

"But as we were growing up, with the Civil War where we fought, our training, the hunt of criminals around the world, and the whole mess that was the start of our reign, the meaning of these mosaics changed. They mostly became a vision of comfort, a sight we would always long to see first when we were coming home from a particularly difficult assignment.
But most importantly, they made us realize that no matter who we are, we are not perfect, and we can not reach or have them all to the fullest. We can maybe try to reach to the top in a few, but that's about it. Then again, it's not an exam or anything. But to be honest with you, in our line of work, honor is for example a thing we overlooked many times. The Mafia Purge is a good example." simply says the Keisaer with a sigh, not wanting to go in the specifics yet.

"And today, when we look at them, we look back on what we did so far, and wonder what our ancestors who created them would think of our achievements." finishes Adrean with a smile.

"So far, the general feeling we have about it is pretty good." adds Anna with a happier tone, as she grabs her husband's hand.
Embassy Program
I don't use NS stats

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:45 am

Astares Amauricanum wrote:"But of course." replies Adrean as he finally puts the group in motion, raising his arm with his hand flat and gesturing forward for his group to move, in the same way a squad leader would do.

"When Anna and I were little, "starts the Keisaer, "these mosaics represented two things: pretty art to look at, and a sort of ideal of what we wanted to be when we would grow up. And knowing their age, I always felt like a privileged kid to know this was in my house."

As the group exist the throne room, Adrean stops for a few seconds, and makes a series of rapid and complex handsigns to the rest of the 1st Regiment of Nepotism gathered in the rotunda.
With nods, the whole group quickly disperses, each squad going in a separate direction.
With only Pavel and Alicia remaining, the Keisaer nods to them, before the male Morozov leads the group to the right, down a gallery where large windows to their right offer a view of the Palace Gardens covered in snow. On the wall to their left, other wood mosaics depicting various scenes, some ancient, other modern.
Positioned at regular intervals, Keiserlig Custos guards stand in their medieval armor, their Langasta held in their right hand, their rifles strapped to their chests, their swords to their backs and their pistols to their thighs.

"But as we were growing up, with the Civil War where we fought, our training, the hunt of criminals around the world, and the whole mess that was the start of our reign, the meaning of these mosaics changed. They mostly became a vision of comfort, a sight we would always long to see first when we were coming home from a particularly difficult assignment.
But most importantly, they made us realize that no matter who we are, we are not perfect, and we can not reach or have them all to the fullest. We can maybe try to reach to the top in a few, but that's about it. Then again, it's not an exam or anything. But to be honest with you, in our line of work, honor is for example a thing we overlooked many times. The Mafia Purge is a good example." simply says the Keisaer with a sigh, not wanting to go in the specifics yet.

"And today, when we look at them, we look back on what we did so far, and wonder what our ancestors who created them would think of our achievements." finishes Adrean with a smile.

"So far, the general feeling we have about it is pretty good." adds Anna with a happier tone, as she grabs her husband's hand.

OOC: Half a year - I hope, that this doesn't qualify as gravedigging. And if it does, my apologies.

I nodded along as we walked and they talked.
The snow didn't impress me much, I was a Selkie after all. I was used to more. The other parts of the delegation were not that lucky, but we were all dressed for the weather, so it evened out. The soldiers reminded me a bit of the Tabardariyya... safe for the rifles. They carried their axes and they had a few tricks up their sleeves.
In any case, as Anna grabbed Adrean's hand, I exhaled, let a few beats pass.
"One of my Grandmother's great predecessors, Ellaha-Sultana, once said, that as a ruler, it is a good achievement, if the people are not starving, the cities are not burning and the nobility is not rebelling, while the trade flows, the neighbours are at peace and the craftsmen are creating art.", I told them, "Mind you, that was after the Fenchu-Rebellion, more towards the end of her life, when all that was true, so she knew, what she was going on about." I smiled. "So, if your ancestors think similarly, then I think, that they'd be quite positive."
Of course, both cultures I stemmed from had different opinions of the ancestor cults, but both agreed on one thing: The beloved dead did not smile upon their children. They were neither frowning. Death was only a step into a different world, for the Selkie, that was the Arallfyd, removed from this world, leaving the body an empty husk.
There was a reason both cultures practiced cremation.
I did not say either.
RPing in MT and PT.

Astares Amauricanum
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Astares Amauricanum » Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:12 pm

The Imperial Couple walking hand in hand now, they listen attentively to Aurelia.

"The points you list are the same we strive to achieve. Continuing to take care of our subjects like the ones who came before us." says the Keisaerina with a nod to the Princess's words.

"Although for the part about the nobility rebelling," continues her husband with a small smirk, "that's precisely what they are tasked to prevent." he adds as he points his chin left and right to designate the various Custos they pass. "Ain't that right Custos?" he asks with a louder tone.

"YUP YUP!" answer the few guards present with an approving tone.

"Just kidding of course." he says with a small chuckle, before turning serious again.
"Now, regarding the troops we're going to review. They are made of the following: the Honor Guards of the Astarian Air Force and Navy, the Ceremonial Guard of the Astarian Coast Guard; Alpha Company, Second Marine Regiment; and a company from the Army's Second Infantry Regiment. The latter twos perform various ceremonial and drill duties in the capital.

On the Keiserlig Custos side, you will have two infantry companies from the 36th and 37th Infantry Regiments, Palace Division; and a Squadron of the 1st Cavalry Regiment, Palace Division, for the horsemen."

"Aside from those core units," chimes in Pavel from the side, "we add other units at our discretion. This time, you will witness a group of the 67th Artillery Brigade, one of the units that are reactivated following an increase in budget and manpower."

"Questions?" asks Anna with a smile
Last edited by Astares Amauricanum on Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Embassy Program
I don't use NS stats

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:04 pm

Astares Amauricanum wrote:The Imperial Couple walking hand in hand now, they listen attentively to Aurelia.

"The points you list are the same we strive to achieve. Continuing to take care of our subjects like the ones who came before us." says the Keisaerina with a nod to the Princess's words.

"Although for the part about the nobility rebelling," continues her husband with a small smirk, "that's precisely what they are tasked to prevent." he adds as he points his chin left and right to designate the various Custos they pass. "Ain't that right Custos?" he asks with a louder tone.

"YUP YUP!" answer the few guards present with an approving tone.

"Just kidding of course." he says with a small chuckle, before turning serious again.
"Now, regarding the troops we're going to review. They are made of the following: the Honor Guards of the Astarian Air Force and Navy, the Ceremonial Guard of the Astarian Coast Guard; Alpha Company, Second Marine Regiment; and a company from the Army's Second Infantry Regiment. The latter twos perform various ceremonial and drill duties in the capital.

On the Keiserlig Custos side, you will have two infantry companies from the 36th and 37th Infantry Regiments, Palace Division; and a Squadron of the 1st Cavalry Regiment, Palace Division, for the horsemen."

"Aside from those core units," chimes in Pavel from the side, "we add other units at our discretion. This time, you will witness a group of the 67th Artillery Brigade, one of the units that are reactivated following an increase in budget and manpower."

"Questions?" asks Anna with a smile

Blimey, they were putting up quite a few soldiers for this reception - three honour guards of undetermined size, four companies, a horseman squadron, plus a group of an undetermined size from an artillery brigade...
...when an official state visit arrives at the Palace of the Azure Hall, it's merely four platoons, these days (Tabardariyya, Utica Desert Division, Utica Coastal Area Command of the RKCG and Fleet Ground Forces, for those interested). That is not counting in the mounted escorts of the TBA and HGA, though.
In any case, I nodded.
"One, pertaining the protocol.", I said, "How will this go down? Will we walk past them or will they march past us or... how?"
No matter which mode would be chosen, only Dad and I would be in the foreground. The rest of the delegation would either remain inside or would stand in the rear guard. That was not meant as an offense, but more protocol.
RPing in MT and PT.

Astares Amauricanum
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Astares Amauricanum » Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:14 pm

"A pertinent question Princess Aurelia, that's for sure." replies Anna with a nod of approval.

"The protocol is pretty simple. We all stand on a stage, and the different formations will come from our right to our left, and stop in front of us. Then, left turn to face us. One of the horsemen will come in front of the stage and say that we are presented with the honors of the formations in front of us, they will also name said formations.

And finally, we will get down the stage and review the troops, starting from our left and going to the right. And I have a question too, which one of you will review with us? It does not matter if everyone does it, including the Handmaidens. In fact, every guest and their delegations are invited to do so, it shows that we do not leave anyone behind. But if you prefer to do things differently, we understand. So, what will it be?" asks the Keisaerina to Aurelia.
Embassy Program
I don't use NS stats

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:29 am

Astares Amauricanum wrote:"A pertinent question Princess Aurelia, that's for sure." replies Anna with a nod of approval.

"The protocol is pretty simple. We all stand on a stage, and the different formations will come from our right to our left, and stop in front of us. Then, left turn to face us. One of the horsemen will come in front of the stage and say that we are presented with the honors of the formations in front of us, they will also name said formations.

And finally, we will get down the stage and review the troops, starting from our left and going to the right. And I have a question too, which one of you will review with us? It does not matter if everyone does it, including the Handmaidens. In fact, every guest and their delegations are invited to do so, it shows that we do not leave anyone behind. But if you prefer to do things differently, we understand. So, what will it be?" asks the Keisaerina to Aurelia.

I nodded. Sounded simple enough.
"Only Dad and I will take the salute.", I explained, then turned to the rest. "No offense."
"Of course not.", Fara said with a grin, "Abbas and I would only find that one speck of dust in the completely immaticulate formation." She threw a grin, making it clear, that it was a joke. Of course they would, but they would not care. "You and Damir have fun."
"Plus, Horseys.", Razia added with a grin.
We chuckled.
"One day, I'll take you two along to a visit to the Free Lands. All the horseys you could ever want.", Dad told her with a smile, "See you all in a bit."
"See ya!", I agreed and nodded to Adrean: "Lead the way, please."
RPing in MT and PT.

Astares Amauricanum
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Astares Amauricanum » Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:54 pm

"Yup Yup." replies Adrean to Aurelia, as the group continues on their way, arriving in front of a set of double doors a minute later.

"We'll step outside now, the Parade Grounds will be further down the path we'll take." explains the Keisaerina, before nodding to the Keiserlig Custos standing next to the door. With a nod back, he opens the right door, and the Imperial Couple steps outside, followed by the Kyrenaian guests, Pavel and Alicia closing up the rear.

Outside, the group nw find themselves on a paved path, cleared of any snow, although the grass around, and everywhere else, is still covered by it. While the temperature is still close to zero, there is fortunately no wind at this time.

"That's the Keiserlig Custos Headquarters over here." says Adrean as he points to a large, classical building to the left, four stories high, built in the same kind of marble as the Silver Palace, with a roof of black tiles.
"And over there, the apartment buildings of the staff, as well as the hospital and other buildings." he continues as he points to the right, beyond the gardens.
Indeed, in the background, various buildings can be seen.

Finally, the group arrives to a small stage, covered in a red carpet. In front of them, cleared of any snow, a large, square area.
Around the stage, some photographers, as well as some Custos, both men and women.

"So, ready?" asks the Keisaer to his guests with a smile, once everyone is standing on the stage.
Embassy Program
I don't use NS stats

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:53 am

Astares Amauricanum wrote:"Yup Yup." replies Adrean to Aurelia, as the group continues on their way, arriving in front of a set of double doors a minute later.

"We'll step outside now, the Parade Grounds will be further down the path we'll take." explains the Keisaerina, before nodding to the Keiserlig Custos standing next to the door. With a nod back, he opens the right door, and the Imperial Couple steps outside, followed by the Kyrenaian guests, Pavel and Alicia closing up the rear.

Outside, the group nw find themselves on a paved path, cleared of any snow, although the grass around, and everywhere else, is still covered by it. While the temperature is still close to zero, there is fortunately no wind at this time.

"That's the Keiserlig Custos Headquarters over here." says Adrean as he points to a large, classical building to the left, four stories high, built in the same kind of marble as the Silver Palace, with a roof of black tiles.
"And over there, the apartment buildings of the staff, as well as the hospital and other buildings." he continues as he points to the right, beyond the gardens.
Indeed, in the background, various buildings can be seen.

Finally, the group arrives to a small stage, covered in a red carpet. In front of them, cleared of any snow, a large, square area.
Around the stage, some photographers, as well as some Custos, both men and women.

"So, ready?" asks the Keisaer to his guests with a smile, once everyone is standing on the stage.

Dad and I followed the lead and nodded as the buildings were introduced. The Silver Palace had a massive expanse, which allowed it to have a lot of buildings - it reminded me a bit of the Baed Palace in Oea, although it did not have such utility buildings as a hospital.
Oea General was good enough for our purposes.
In any case, on the stage, I nodded, my face schooled into a neutral expression.
"Please, go ahead.", I said.
The neutrality on my face was not meant as an insult.
RPing in MT and PT.

Astares Amauricanum
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Astares Amauricanum » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:17 pm

"Very well." simply replies Adrean, as the clicking of cameras can be heard around.
"Let the troop review begin!" he exclaims powerfully in Astarian.

For a few seconds, nothing. And then, coming from far away, and approaching, a fanfare can be heard. After a minute, to the right of the group, said fanfare enters the Parade Grounds. The men and women, wearing warm trench coats over their black Dress Uniforms, show that they belong to the Keiserlig Custos.

Behind them, walking in formation with well-oiled precision, various military formations enter the Parade Grounds, their different uniforms showing their belonging to the various branches of the Astarian Armed Forces.

First, in their deep blue uniforms, the Imperial Air Force Honor Guard, 75 men strong, with the Air Force flag being escorted by six airmen.

Second behind them, in their bright white Dress Uniforms, the Imperial Navy Honor Guard, also 75 men strong, with the Navy flag flanked by four sailors.

Thirdly, in a navy blue uniform with a white cap and belt, the Imperial Coast Guard Honor Guard, 73 men strong.

Fourthly, Alpha Company of the Second Marine Regiment, in their Dress Blue Uniforms.
Following them, another company, this one being the 3rd Company, 2nd Battalion, 2nd Infantry Regiment of the Imperial Army.

Coming behind them, clad in their grey and dark green armor, with warm leather and fur capes enveloping them, their Langastas held high, with their rifles strapped across their chests and their swords in their sheaths behind their backs, the two companies of the Keiserlig Custos 36th and 37th Infantry Regiments.
Behind them, clad in the same attire, but riding on their horses, with their rifles and swords strapped to their saddles, and some of their Langastas having some color banners attached to the tip, the 2nd Squadron, 1st Cavalry Regiment of the Keiserlig Custos, Palace Division.

And finally, bringing up the rear, a company-size group of the reactivated 67th Artillery Brigade, Astarian Army. Led by their Brigade commander and followed by their flag flanked by five men, the group is made of elements of the Headquarter Company, and two of its Artillery Battalions.
(Adrean and Anna explain this briefly to their guests)

As they all slow down as they arrive on the Parade Grounds, they all stop at once. Then, the commanding officers of the different formations shout "Left, Face!" in Astarian, before all the soldiers turn on their left heel and face the stage. "Present Arms!" is then heard again in Astarian, causing the soldiers to assume the correct position, all as one person.

As a few beats pass in silence, during which Adrean and Anna once again, take some time to appreciate the movements displayed by the troops, one of the cavalry men approaches the stage, stopping in front of it a few seconds later.

"Your Highness Princess Aurelia bint-Damir, Your Highness Prince Damir ibn-Razia, the formation before you is made of the Imperial Air Force Honor Guard, the Imperial Navy Honor Guard, the Imperial Coast Guard Honor Guard, Alpha Company of the Second Marine Regiment, Third Company, Second Battalion of the Imperial Army Second Infantry Regiment, Second Squadron of the First Custos Cavalry Regiment, Third and Sixth Companies of the Thirty-sixth and Thirty seventh Custos Infantry Regiments, as well as elements of the 67th Artillery Brigade of the Astarian Army.

In the name of the Armed Forces of the Federalis Imperium and the Keiserlig Custos, we welcome you to our lands. Now, if you please, we await your review." says the horseman in English.

With a statisfied nod in answer to the soldier, Adrean and Anna now turn to their guests, awaiting their reaction and their readiness to proceed with the review.
Embassy Program
I don't use NS stats

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates