NATION

PASSWORD

The Montreal Winter Ball [IC|OPEN|ALL TECH]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:28 am

South Reinkalistan wrote:Morning - December 6th

The motorcade pulls up. Sarkos steps out, dressed in a long overcoat. He shivers lightly, and reaches inside his pocket, looking around for some money. His driver smiles. "It's cold, m'liege, isn't it?"

"Indeed it is." Sarkos says bluntly. He pulls out a thin wad of cash, and hands it to the driver, whose eyes light up. Sarkos nods. "Your tip." His three Rekkutomel guards gather behind him, holding their weapons. He watches the car head off, then he enters the building. He glances at the numerous catholic relics with a look of recognisable disgust on his face. Turning to the receptionist, Sarkos tries his best to be friendly. He beams and begins speaking in a rather cheerful voice (and very bad French). "Why, hello there! I am Sarkos Tunchix IV. I am here to attend... the ball." His Reinkalistani accent is very thick and noticeable. "I am looking for... a room?"

The young female receptionist looked down at a guest list, back up again, and forced a smile.

"Good morning your Esteemed and Glorious Majesty, and welcome to Quebec. I just need to see your RSVP letter and I can give you the keys to your room."
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:29 am

/newpage
On the bulletin board by the Receptionist's Desk, two new notices have appeared.

Weather Forecast

Weather Forecasters in Montreal predict a two-day light snow blizzard lasting from December 7th ending December 9th. Winds will only pick up slightly. Forecasters suggest that today is a great time for lovers of the snow to get out in the parks and enjoy the extra inches. Businesses and schools will remain open.

New Event

Bipartisan Rally
On December 9th through December 11th, the citizens of Montreal will undergo a peaceful picket rally outside of City Hall premises on Gosford road, just North of the Housing and Ballroom. The demonstrators have gathered from various political factions to protest the foreign presence in Quebec, the disruption of the peace, and the reckless endangerment risk created by foreign representatives. City authorities have jurisdiction over National authorities in this field of decision-making, and the rally was given the go-ahead by the Mayor. The Montreal Police Service has agreed to cooperate with Royal Police authorities to contain the demonstration to the one street and maintain the safety of the international guests. The event is expected to be attended by 200 to 300 demonstrators at a height due to the cold weather. The road will be closed off for the duration of the protest, and the Groupe Tactique d'intervention (Tactical Intervention Squad) will be on-site.

Guards of guests and guests themselves are asked to not intervene in the demonstrations and to leave the situation in the hands of State Police. Furthermore, guests are asked to not enter the protest zone.

Who: City Locals
When: December 9 - December 11 [All-Day, Eastern Standard Time]
Where: Rue Gosford, Montreal
What: Peaceful Demonstration
Dress: No Requirement
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:36 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
The young female receptionist looked down at a guest list, back up again, and forced a smile.

"Good morning your Esteemed and Glorious Majesty, and welcome to Quebec. I just need to see your RSVP letter and I can give you the keys to your room."

Sarkos grimaces. "Ah, yes, of... course." He fumbles in his pocket, and pulls out his RSVP letter. He hands it to her. "Does this... eh... suffice?"
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL
" We will not bow to your dictation. We are free. We bled to be free.
Who are you to tell us what we may and may not do? We stopped being your slaves an era ago. "
South Reinkalistan is a massive, ecologically-diverse nation notable for its roving student militias and widespread hatred for the elderly.
In the midst of a room-temperature cultural revolution that's lost its momentum, the Party carefully plans its next move.
As the brittle bones of fragile empires begin to crack beneath their own weight, history's symphony reaches crescendo pitch. The future is all but certain.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:39 am

South Reinkalistan wrote:Sarkos grimaces. "Ah, yes, of... course." He fumbles in his pocket, and pulls out his RSVP letter. He hands it to her. "Does this... eh... suffice?"

The receptionist adjusted her glasses and quickly scanned the letter, before striking out a name on a notepad and returning it to Sarkos.

"Room 455 on the fourth floor. Elevators are just down the hall, front and centre. If any problems arise, feel free to see me again."

She dangled a keychain with two keys attached to it in-front of the man.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Imperivm Romanvm Sacrvm
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperivm Romanvm Sacrvm » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:42 am

Image CHARLES IX

MONTRÉAL AIRPORT, QUEBEC
DECEMBER 5TH, 2019 AD - Around Midday

The Emperor and his entourage were soon met by their designated chauffeur, a mustachioed Quebécois man sharply dressed in a dark-blue uniform.

”You are the Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire, His Holiness Charles IX?” he inquired, his eyes flickering from the Emperor and his entourage to the Siegfried behind them.

”Yes, indeed.” nodded the Emperor. ”I assume you have been assigned to take us to the City Hall?”

”Of course, monsieur.” said the driver, gesturing to the limousine behind him, the vehicle topped with a miniature imperial flag so as to ensure that all observers would recognise the nature of its occupants. ”Please, come with me.”

Charles and his four guards entered the limousine, and the car began to set off for the City Hall, passing through the streets of Montreal and allowing its occupants to admire the grand architecture of the city and its eclectic mix of old and new. Despite the comparative youth of the city compared to the ancient metropolises that could be found back in the Empire, the presence of Catholic stylings and the occasional piece of Gothic architecture proved oddly reminiscent of home.

The ride passed mostly in silence, the Emperor largely content to merely observe, although he would occasionally question the driver for details on Montreal’s monuments as they passed by. Eventually the vehicle pulled up outside City Hall without incident, a far cry for the rather more dramatic entrances of some of the other dignitaries present. The driver disembarked first, opening the door for his passengers as they stepped out of the limousine and approached the grand building.
Last edited by Imperivm Romanvm Sacrvm on Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skyhooked
Senator

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:08 am

December 6th. Shawn Bjornson

Before responding, Shawn took a few seconds to admire the artwork and wondered, how would one of those paintings look in the Fullhouse, the capitol of Skyhooked. One of them quickly caught his eye, a painting, which was probably saved at the very last moment from fire. There was even a slight trace of burn on it. He felt a slight desire to snatch it, and silently promised to himself, that he might do that later. With this decided, he finally responded, feeling slightly awkward.

-"Is that so? Perhaps I have gotten ahead of myself. While he handles important state matters, may I ask about the story behind this painting?"- He nods at a painting, that had caught his eye. -"It looks, as if it's style is slightly odd from the other ones. It's like it's similar in style, but somehow... it's different. I am no art expert, so I can only take several wild guesses."
Last edited by Skyhooked on Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skyhooked is MT/PMT with a few FT elements. Military is factbook only. NS stats are mostly non canon.
If you wanna know more about this haven of sin: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=418281&start=1

Our country offers: Alcohol, guns, cigars, weed, gambling, beaches and tons of souvenirs. And our current special: PL-74 Plasma rifle 25% discount!

Refreshing News:
Skyhooked is at war with Octavia, still holding agaisnt endless hordes of robots, vampires and traitors of humanity!/Global Defense Council was formed to help Earth hold agaisnt invasion./Luckily, we survived long enough and forces of Mandate of Humanity have arrived. (https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=484352)

Hanoverian Great Britain
Envoy

Founded: Nov 20, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hanoverian Great Britain » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:31 am

Alexandra stood stiff, as her mind, in all of a sudden began to think about the cold weather there. As she pondered about her options, she finally came to a quick solution. "Well I thank you for your concern but I'll accommodate myself to the cold weather with my white satin gloves. Forgive me but I do not wish for such hassle to be made", said the queen politely.

Upon remembering of what the pair of guards said earlier, her mind quickly paced the next steps she should take in her visit to Montreal, that is to head to the ballroom.
United Kingdom of Great Britain, Hanover, and Northern Ireland
"By God and By the People"
HM ALEXANDRA

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:34 am

Skyhooked wrote:December 6th. Shawn Bjornson

Before responding, Shawn took a few seconds to admire the artwork and wondered, how would one of those paintings look in the Fullhouse, the capitol of Skyhooked. One of them quickly caught his eye, a painting, which was probably saved at the very last moment from fire. There was even a slight trace of burn on it. He felt a slight desire to snatch it, and silently promised to himself, that he might do that later. With this decided, he finally responded, feeling slightly awkward.

-"Is that so? Perhaps I have gotten ahead of myself. While he handles important state matters, may I ask about the story behind this painting?"- He nods at a painting, that had caught his eye. -"It looks, as if it's style is slightly odd from the other ones. It's like it's similar in style, but somehow... it's different. I am no art expert, so I can only take several wild guesses."

Romalov's Event

Chief Conductor of the National Orchestra, Romalov Landre

The Montreal Winter Festival - Romalov's Event | Theme
Royal Ballroom, Village Hotel, Montreal
December 6, 2019 - Afternoon

Romalov dismissed Rose, and slid over to Shawn's side. He immediately recognised the painting, and orated,

"That, my good friend, is one of the older paintings we have in stock. Painted in 1916, by Charles W. Jefferys, It depicts the Battle of Quebec of 1775 in which we successfully defended our capital Fortress from the renowned American armies who thought they'd push their luck venturing this far north."

The painting, though bordered by burn marks, was still clearly identifiable.

"In the Blizzard, we shot Montgomery, leaving him face down in the snow, and shot Benedict Arnold, giving him a scar that would never fade."

Landre, in pride and gallant, made clear the case of Quebecois violence and retaliation against big American names. He re-adjusted his dress and gave another glance around at his guests, double-checking to see if there were any Americans among them.

"The fighting spirit lives on today, though we never had problems with the Americans in the future."

Landre returned his glance to the Skyhookedian Khan.

"I'm glad it has sparked your interest, but unfortunately I must inform that it is not up for bidding."

Lux Pulchrae wrote:"Ready." she stood up from the bed, wearing a long grey skirt and matching jacket. Cleone took her arm in his and they headed to the Royal Ballroom. When they entered the ballroom, they looked on at the entire room, in as much awe as when they first saw the city. "Mon Dieu. Look at the size of this." Cecile said, staring gold outlines and enormous ceiling painting. Cleone wasn't super impressed but he surely admired the work and look of it. He'd seen a dozen of these rooms if not hundreds, his own palace had a similar grandiose aesthetic.

Hanoverian Great Britain wrote:Upon remembering of what the pair of guards said earlier, her mind quickly paced the next steps she should take in her visit to Montreal, that is to head to the ballroom.

"Welcome, my dearest King and Queens. Please enjoy the spectacular view! Should any questions or requests arise, your Conductor is at your service."
Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Skyhooked
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:39 am

December 6th, Shawn Bjornson is still in the Royal Ballroom

While listening to the story of the painting, Shawn felt, that snatching this one would be a dishonorable thing to do for a warrior, as it commemorated one of the decisive battles. He decided to switch to a less significant painting and started looking for one, as he continued his talk. -"Yes, it felt more... vivid to me. A clash of the strong men from both sides, where people of Quebec, resilient and hardened with freezing colds and snow blizzards, stood against the feared American army. It's one of the crowning moment of Quebecoise glory, frozen for eternity on this canvas by a talented artist. I almost wish I been there... Now, I understand, why you don't wish to sell it. It would be like selling off one's glory."-It's on Shawn's face, that painting resonated with a part of his soul.

Still trying to decide, which artworks is to be snatched, he decided to ask some other question.-"I've heared, that those pieces of art were saved from fire not once, but where there cases when one or several of them were stolen? I've heared of many heists, which led to tragical loss of unique art."
Skyhooked is MT/PMT with a few FT elements. Military is factbook only. NS stats are mostly non canon.
If you wanna know more about this haven of sin: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=418281&start=1

Our country offers: Alcohol, guns, cigars, weed, gambling, beaches and tons of souvenirs. And our current special: PL-74 Plasma rifle 25% discount!

Refreshing News:
Skyhooked is at war with Octavia, still holding agaisnt endless hordes of robots, vampires and traitors of humanity!/Global Defense Council was formed to help Earth hold agaisnt invasion./Luckily, we survived long enough and forces of Mandate of Humanity have arrived. (https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=484352)

Hanoverian Great Britain
Envoy

Postby Hanoverian Great Britain » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:44 am

After separating herself away from the City Hall, she soon found herself in the Royal Ballroom, with the inside of the building filled with various foreign guests fit of royalty. "Un cadeau spectaculaire est un spectacle pour toujours ", muttered Alexandra in a low tone. Upon fitting her pair of white satin gloves, she took her private time walking around, admiring the feast of artwork laid down upon for its viewers. However, she was instantly cut short of her leisurely walk when a painting, which seemed to her a portrait of a British general caught her eye.

For the young queen, she had vaguely remembered being told or had seen the portrait at one point during her classes at Sandhurst Royal Military Academy, but sadly, her mind does not seem to be able to capture that moment. However, as she got closer, a small sized inscription on the below right corner that read "Brigadier-General A.Maclean" finally calmed her uncertainty. Subsequently, her memory came rushing back like magic, and she snapped her fingers in excitement. "Ah yes, Battle of Quebec, General Maclean, Montgomery, American Revolutionary War, I knew it!". Before her voice could get any louder, she managed to contain herself, hoping that her unexpected behaviour could be excused.
HM ALEXANDRA

The Gristolian Imperium
Attaché

Founded: Nov 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Gristolian Imperium » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:28 am

The Emerald Earl, December 6th, Early Afternoon
Old Montréal District, Montréal, New Québec
Hôtel de Ville, Room #349

Checking himself once more in the mirror, the young Lord admired his newly bought blazer. One of his dear friends, Bernard, recommended Alfonso's in Drapers Ward, and the craftsmanship was exquisite. The light gray plaid pattern contrasted his skin perfectly and, Ed reflected, more blazers would have to be ordered.

He was finally excited to begin this trip in earnest and the Romalov's Event sounded perfect. A casual introduction to a few high profile locals and visitors would definitely spice the day up. Though, Lord Ed still hoped his lower position within the social strata would not prevent any social connections from being forged with the royalty in attendance.

A few moment later, Ed walked through the grand doors of the Royal ballroom and immediately was in awe of the beauty that surrounded him. Admiring the ceiling of the ballroom, which depicted the great historic military victories of the Quebecian military, he could not help picture how spectacular the night of the Ball would be. Furthermore, the pictures taken would out dazzle any other influencer back in the Isles. Approaching the group of high profile guests in the ballroom, Ed could help but hear a comment from a young lady accompanying a older, but well-dressed man.

Lux Pulchrae wrote:Noon, December 6th. Hotel de Ville

When they entered the ballroom, they looked on at the entire room, in as much awe as when they first saw the city. "Mon Dieu. Look at the size of this." Cecile said, staring gold outlines and enormous ceiling painting. Cleone wasn't super impressed but he surely admired the work and look of it. He'd seen a dozen of these rooms if not hundreds, his own palace had a similar grandiose aesthetic.

Stepping next to the couple, Lord Ed responded, "It always surprises me at not only the beautiful spaces great men have created in the span of our existence, but at what grand scale they have been built. Montréal surely has many gems." Reminding himself of who he could be talking to, either a head of state or government, he moved to face the couple and gave a slight bow.

"But, where are my manners! I am the 12th Earl of Hollington from the Gristolian Imperium, but my friends simply call me Lord Ed. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:36 pm

Hanoverian Great Britain wrote:For the young queen, she had vaguely remembered being told or had seen the portrait at one point during her classes at Sandhurst Royal Military Academy, but sadly, her mind does not seem to be able to capture that moment. However, as she got closer, a small sized inscription on the below right corner that read "Brigadier-General A.Maclean" finally calmed her uncertainty. Subsequently, her memory came rushing back like magic, and she snapped her fingers in excitement. "Ah yes, Battle of Quebec, General Maclean, Montgomery, American Revolutionary War, I knew it!". Before her voice could get any louder, she managed to contain herself, hoping that her unexpected behaviour could be excused.

Romalov's Event

December 6, 2019 - Evening

"Oh yes, my dear, oh yes, our most gallant victory of all victories won. One of, at least. For Sir Montgomery a night to never forget, ahaha!"

Romalov let himself release a chuckle, before returning to Skyhookedian woes,

Skyhooked wrote:December 6th, Shawn Bjornson is still in the Royal Ballroom
Still trying to decide, which artworks is to be snatched, he decided to ask some other question.-"I've heared, that those pieces of art were saved from fire not once, but where there cases when one or several of them were stolen? I've heared of many heists, which led to tragical loss of unique art."

"Aha, I do undoubtedly believe you are referring to the grandiose 'Skylight Caper'?"

Romalov closed his eyes and raised his hand, seemingly conjuring a flashback,

"In 1972, three men, whom the Royal Police still have not caught to this day, rappelled through the skylight of the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, tied up three of Quebec's best policemen, and made off with QL$20 Million Quebec Livres worth of historical paintings, artefacts, and national honour. I dare you all to come up with a greater heist known to man!"

He, as a master of emotion, told the story with great passion.

"Three times before, petty thieves, gangsters, and even mafia have tried to best Quebec Police, but all have failed. But these three men of unknown origin made off not only with the loot, but on foot as well! To this day Department Commandant Lagare has no answer to this riddle."

He shook his head.

"A shobby show from Quebec's finest, no doubt. But one must appreciate great art, and this heist was a work of art in it's own. Premier Lésage is still contemplating a Royal Pardon for these exuberant thieves for their sheer expertise."

He returned to the painting after a dramatic dance and placed his hand upon the artworks hung in galley.

"Among the works stolen, original paintings by the likes of Jean-François Millet, and Eugène Delacroix. But no more! Surely the Royal Guard has learned their lesson. A mistake bound to not be repeated. 'Did I mention that City Hall doesn't permit the use of security cameras because of their technological and anti-traditionalist implications?'"

Romalov, walking away laughing and waving a hand, said in a joking tone,

"Of course, pardon my humour. You trusted guests of our Premier surely wouldn't dare to disrespect the country that has opened it's doors to you."
Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Skyhooked
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:08 pm

December 6th, Royal Ballroom. Shawn Bjornson.

Shawn realized, that asking about precautions and security would only raise suspicion, but he also needs more information of his plan is to be put in motion. He decided to ask something different this time, still important to the heist, with a portion of compliments, that would probably make Romalov more relaxed.

-"Well, that's quite an interesting story. You are not only an expert musician, but also show expertise in art and storytelling, as some people say, a talented man is talented at everything. I also assume, that your artists are not only masterful, but also productive. And that this grandiose exposition is but a small fraction of all finest art, Quebec artists have ever created. I wonder, if you change it occassionally, so guests over the course of multiple visits will see different artworks?

And in case you don't mind, I will take some photos of some of those artworks, so they would remind me of this pleasant visit." Perhaps, when I decide to marry and create a family, I shall demonstrate those photos to my child, so he could see, what to aspire to and if God wills, this might be an inspiration for him to become an artist. -Shawn says in a calm and suave manner.
Last edited by Skyhooked on Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Refreshing News:

Eritei
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 22, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Eritei » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:15 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Romalov's Event

December 6, 2019 - Noon

Romalov lifted his head to his two newcomer guests, taking a break from harassing the English King. He said, in a seemingly faked French accent,

"Mon sincerest apologies! Premier Cédric is unable to attend his own tour for his own ballroom for his own event. Paperwork or something. No Cédric today! Only me!"

His two colleagues shared a glance from behind him.

"Welcome to the grand room where all the magic happens. This very building was erected in 1878 at the eclipse of our provincial strength, only to have been set alight in 1906 and having to be rebuilt again, to then be set alight once more 1957. Only black and white pictures remain of the now extinct original golden sparkle prior to, but I do firmly believe this is a close second... or third."

Romalov ran up to Rose and smoothly placed a hand on the artwork that she was admiring. He stated, in a dramatic tone,

"This beautiful painting was recused from the fire- in fact, most of the artwork apart from the one stuck to the ceiling was rescued from both fires. If you close your eyes, you can still see the ashes falling from the nightly winter sky!"

He took a pause for dramatic effect.

"And that is why the police station next to City Hall also has a small fire brigade attached to it."

He laughed at himself hoping the guests would value his wit, but his colleagues remained silent.

Hanoverian Great Britain wrote:After separating herself away from the City Hall, she soon found herself in the Royal Ballroom, with the inside of the building filled with various foreign guests fit of royalty. "Un cadeau spectaculaire est un spectacle pour toujours ", muttered Alexandra in a low tone. Upon fitting her pair of white satin gloves, she took her private time walking around, admiring the feast of artwork laid down upon for its viewers. However, she was instantly cut short of her leisurely walk when a painting, which seemed to her a portrait of a British general caught her eye.

For the young queen, she had vaguely remembered being told or had seen the portrait at one point during her classes at Sandhurst Royal Military Academy, but sadly, her mind does not seem to be able to capture that moment. However, as she got closer, a small sized inscription on the below right corner that read "Brigadier-General A.Maclean" finally calmed her uncertainty. Subsequently, her memory came rushing back like magic, and she snapped her fingers in excitement. "Ah yes, Battle of Quebec, General Maclean, Montgomery, American Revolutionary War, I knew it!". Before her voice could get any louder, she managed to contain herself, hoping that her unexpected behaviour could be excused.

December 6, 2019 - Noon

Rose was noticeably interested in what the conductor had to say, but before she could ask him more, he scuttled away to talk to other guests who appeared after her.
She continued to look at the artwork for a little, until she noticed a woman standing beside a painting of Brigadier-General MacLean, who the conductor was quick to talk to about the late general. She couldn't contain herself, and instead of trying to catch the energetic conductor, she headed over to the woman, Manuel and the Royal Guards following shortly after.

"I can't quite understand how people forget this man," she said, her London-English accent carrying her soft voice through the ballroom.

"Though I only personally learned of him in University, they never taught foreign history in Eritei." She paused, feeling as if she was forgetting something. Then suddenly, it clicked in her head.

"Oh! Pardon my manners. Rose, Empress of Eritei. He might tell you otherwise, but just call me Rose," Rose says, motioning to the sharply dressed Captain who was just arriving.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:27 pm

Skyhooked wrote:December 6th, Royal Ballroom. Shawn Bjornson.
-"Well, that's quite an interesting story. You are not only an expert musician, but also show expertise in art and storytelling, as some people say, a talented man is talented at everything. I also assume, that your artists are not only masterful, but also productive. And that this grandiose exposition is but a small fraction of all finest art, Quebec artists have ever created. I wonder, if you change it occassionally, so guests over the course of multiple visits will see different artworks?

And in case you don't mind, I will take some photos of some of those artworks, so they would remind me of this pleasant visit." Perhaps, when I decide to marry and create a family, I shall demonstrate those photos to my child, so he could see, what to aspire to and if God wills, this might be an inspiration for him to become an artist. -Shawn says in a calm and suave manner.

Romalov's Event

December 6, 2019 - Evening

Romalov acknowledged the compliment and pondered for a minute.

"Hm. Around midnight every Tuesday and Friday, two trucks, one black and one white, pull into the rear entrance by the North-West end to unload and load art, jewellery, and other rare artefacts hosted in City Hall, not just the paintings you see here. I'm not sure which trucks bring in or bring out the prized possessions, but I know that one of, if not both trucks, transport them to the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts for safe-keeping."

Romalov nicked the Skyhookedian in the shoulder.

"You'd think after hosting the greatest heist in Canadian history that the fat-cats in City Hall would've learned their lesson, but no."

"Now that I've thought about it, the streets surrounding the exit have always been populated with police cars, of both the marked and unmarked variety."

Romalov shrugged his shoulders and gave a dismissive expression.

"I've never been up late enough and sober enough to know or care what exactly what they do there."

Romalov shook his head and raised his hand at the painting.

"Everyone, feel free to take photos but no flash photography! Got that? No flash!"
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Confederate American SU
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 29, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Confederate American SU » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:33 pm

December 6th, Casey F. Pickett
Pickett hummed to a variety of Civil War and patriotic tunes in the car, much to the chargin of the chauffeur. "Something wrong?" Pickett asked in French, to the chauffeur's surprise. After all, in Pickett's original universe, the RCAS did include Quebec as a state. This was a secret he wanted to keep from the Quebecois authorities. Of course, Quebec was given a lot of autonomy, and even Pickett himself was surprised when they voted to join the Confederacy after the war against the Kingdom of Ronto. "I guess you can hum your own patriotic tunes or show me around the city," 'she' said with a smile.

I had an eternity to learn French. It was damn hard to. Though, the dialect might be off...

The chauffeur had the faintest blush as he showed Pickett around Montreal as well as playing patriotic Quebecois songs from a public radio station. However, they were mixed with church hymns, which Pickett didn't like. "Honestly, church hymns don't really rile the national spirit like a good march does," 'she' sighs.

"Uhm, you...almost sound like a man with how aggressive you are," the driver noted, a bit angered at the seeming lack of respect Pickett has for the religious hymns. "A-And, I noticed you speak French weirdly." It was obvious that Pickett was NOT a native speaker. But, the French he was speaking seemed...off. Like it was a different dialect from the one the chauffeur spoke. Obviously, French developed a little bit differently in Pickett's timeline compared to

"I do?! I mean, I guess I'm just learning." Pickett gasped, covering 'her' mouth in surprise. "I was just saying the truth, wasn't I?"

"I...guess you're right," he shrugged, "So, here's City Hall, Madam Pickett." The vehicle approached the City Hall but really stopped before the housing building.

"Thank you, Monsieur Gauthier," Pickett said as 'she' left the vehicle, allowing the chauffeur to take out 'her' small luggage.

"You're welcome, Madam Pickett," the chauffeur bowed, "You want me to carry your luggage inside?"

"Go ahead," 'she' chirped with a friendly smile, being led inside by him to 'her' room.
Last edited by Confederate American SU on Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
★★========★★
==★★====★★==
====
★★★★====
==
★★====★★==
★★========★★

★No, it is not the South. SU stands for 'States and Unions'. The right acronym is RCAS. Please read the Factbook.★

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:41 pm

The Gristolian Imperium wrote:The Emerald Earl, December 6th, Early Afternoon
Hôtel de Ville, Room #349

Checking himself once more in the mirror, the young Lord admired his newly bought blazer. One of his dear friends, Bernard, recommended Alfonso's in Drapers Ward, and the craftsmanship was exquisite. The light gray plaid pattern contrasted his skin perfectly and, Ed reflected, more blazers would have to be ordered.

He was finally excited to begin this trip in earnest and the Romalov's Event sounded perfect. A casual introduction to a few high profile locals and visitors would definitely spice the day up. Though, Lord Ed still hoped his lower position within the social strata would not prevent any social connections from being forged with the royalty in attendance.

A few moment later, Ed walked through the grand doors of the Royal ballroom and immediately was in awe of the beauty that surrounded him. Admiring the ceiling of the ballroom, which depicted the great historic military victories of the Quebecian military, he could not help picture how spectacular the night of the Ball would be. Furthermore, the pictures taken would out dazzle any other influencer back in the Isles. Approaching the group of high profile guests in the ballroom, Ed could help but hear a comment from a young lady accompanying a older, but well-dressed man.

Stepping next to the couple, Lord Ed responded, "It always surprises me at not only the beautiful spaces great men have created in the span of our existence, but at what grand scale they have been built. Montréal surely has many gems." Reminding himself of who he could be talking to, either a head of state or government, he moved to face the couple and gave a slight bow.

"But, where are my manners! I am the 12th Earl of Hollington from the Gristolian Imperium, but my friends simply call me Lord Ed. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Royal Ballroom, Hotel de Ville

As they looked at the artwork a man soon approached them, introducing himself as the 12th Earl of Hollington from some nation called the Gristolian Imperium, or Lord Ed. "Yes, you are right, if the French are good for anything it is their architecture." Cleone chuckled, his fiance nudging him for his humoring slight. Cleone shook the lord's hand "Bona sera Lord Ed, pleasure to meet you. I am Cleone d'Angeli, King of Lux Pulchrae. This here is my future queen, Cecile Marie." he motioned to the increasingly blushing woman.

"Bonsoir Monsieur Ed. Good...noon." Cecile tried in her best English but the learning of languages in the French Quarter was probably as strict as Montreal's, even for nobility. Even in Italian, the national language, many either did not know or know it but choose not to speak it.

Cleone continued "It's quite a room for sure, but I've seen many in my almost thirty years. You being a lord yourself I am sure you understand. May I ask Lord Ed, what brings you here?"
Last edited by Lux Pulchrae on Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Munkcestrian Republic
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:16 pm

George Fenwick & George Fenwick II
Somewhere above Montreal

"Cars, cars, cars, airships, diving out of planes- ah, we've been beaten to it. Guess we'll have to cancel the skydiving, then, that would just make us look unoriginal," said the older Fenwick.

"What a shame," said his son.

"Yeah, I know, right?" the Lord President 'asked'. "So we'll just land at Cucked By Fidel Castr- - oops, I mean Pierre Trudeau - International Airport."

Soon enough the plane landed at the airport, and the Fenwicks prepared to meet with their escort.
if you like my posts please make sure to downvote my factbooks.
DON'T CLICK
"lmao child you come into MY region"
no, this nation does not represent my
views. i cannot believe i have to clarify this

for RPers
my views explained

Hanoverian Great Britain
Envoy

Postby Hanoverian Great Britain » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:26 pm

As she saw the conductor heading away, she was then approached by a group of guests, headed by an aged looking woman, who seemingly introduced herself as Rose, Empress of Eritei. Though Alexandra was a bit off that her observation was interrupted, she nevertheless extended an open friendly hand. "Ah, its a pleasure to meet you, madam Rose, I am Alexandra Hanover of Great Britain", though what she said might have been contradictory to the former's request, Alexandra was quick to notice her new friend's older-looking character, leading her to use the suitable form of address. Regardless, Alexandra seemed keen on bonding with her new acquaintance. "If my guesses are right, we haven't met before, haven't we?" Forgive me for being so hasty but would you like to take a walk around?", invited the queen before lowering her tone a little. "I'm sure your husband wouldn't mind?", inquired her with much interest.
HM ALEXANDRA

Bruneian Malaya
Attaché

Founded: May 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruneian Malaya » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:03 am

4:03 PM, December 8th, Montreal, New Quebec
Eleven mighty Arabian Horses rode through the streets, mounted upon them Sultan Haji Farid Bolkiah, nine royal guards, and a translator. Each one of the guards wore some armor(pictured below) over their black uniforms. They carried with them standard issue rifles with bayonets and standard issue sidearms, while the Sultan carried with him a royal Keris(also pictured below), alongside a golden revolver similarly encrusted with a number of colorful gems.

As soon as their mounts were stabled and their weapons taken save for the Sultan's royal arms, the eleven men would soon join the rest of the attendees within the ball.
>/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/♚.♛\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\<
> |☪︎| KESULTANAN BESAR MALAYA BRUNEI |☪︎|
<
>
May Allah bless our Sultan's rule with wisdom<
Capital: Kota Batu | Sultan: Haji Farid Bolkiah | Religion: Islam | Government: Sultanate | Location: Oceania and Southeast Asia
Anthem: Purih Bangsa | Current RP: WIP
NEWS: WIP

Unironic Bangsamoro Separatist.

Hanvaria
Attaché

Founded: Dec 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanvaria » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:24 am

9:45 P.M, December 8th. Montreal, New Quebec

Having exited the Chief Officer Airbus A-340 boarded the helicopter and on his way to the hotel's helipad, Ipa felt the cold air resonate through the helicopter. he saw everything blanketed by snow. This was the first time in his life he had ever seen snow. The coldest place in Hanvaria was only 8 degrees Celsius.

"This place is colder than I thought," Ipa told his favorite bodyguard, Yale Kalanza.

"Certainly, sir. It is currently -3 degrees celsius," Yale responded with a shiver.

"It never got this cold back home,"

"You sure? It sure felt colder in the Capital," Ipa asked.

"No, that was because of the centennial cold front from the North. Last time that happened was in 1919," Yale responded. The hotel came into view. The helicopter landed on a helipad. Ipa and his ten bodyguards exited the helicopter and walked down the steps. A hotel worker met Ipa.

"May I take your bag, sir?" The worker asked.

"Yes, but do not open it, or you will wish would have never been born," Ipa replied to the worker.

"Ok, here is your room key. And here's the key to the bodyguard quarters. You said that every night, two out of the 10 bodyguards will sleep in the rooms adjacent to yours, connected by two doors. To throw off attackers, we have reserved this floor with 3 rooms, Room 1301, 1302, and 1303. You will sleep in room 1302. Your bodyguards will sleep in room 1301 and 1303. Each day, the door labels of the bodyguards will be alternated. Your room has a sophisticated security system. There are 45 came-" He was cut off by Ipa.

"Just stop talking." Ipa abruptly said.

The next day was to come.
Last edited by Hanvaria on Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:07 pm

Romalov's Event

December 6, 2019 - Night

Romalov clasped his hands together. He took a gander at the room, then spoke;

"Everyone, I'd like to thank you all for attending. However, I must be making my way home. Though I'll have to wrap of this event, feel free to loiter and explore the ballroom further. It has been a pleasure meeting you all, and I hope to see you all again in the future."

Romalov waved in two Royal Policemen who walked in and stood by the entrance. He raised his hand to bid farewell.

"If you happen to have anymore questions or song requests, I'll be here all week. Just ask the nice receptionist lady to appoint me. Thank you."

Romalov turned to leave the hall, leaving the two policemen to watch.
Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

The Gristolian Imperium
Attaché

Founded: Nov 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Gristolian Imperium » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:18 pm

Lux Pulchrae wrote:Royal Ballroom, Hotel de Ville

As they looked at the artwork a man soon approached them, introducing himself as the 12th Earl of Hollington from some nation called the Gristolian Imperium, or Lord Ed. "Yes, you are right, if the French are good for anything it is their architecture." Cleone chuckled, his fiance nudging him for his humoring slight. Cleone shook the lord's hand "Bona sera Lord Ed, pleasure to meet you. I am Cleone d'Angeli, King of Lux Pulchrae. This here is my future queen, Cecile Marie." he motioned to the increasingly blushing woman.

"Bonsoir Monsieur Ed. Good...noon." Cecile tried in her best English but the learning of languages in the French Quarter was probably as strict as Montreal's, even for nobility. Even in Italian, the national language, many either did not know or know it but choose not to speak it.

Cleone continued "It's quite a room for sure, but I've seen many in my almost thirty years. You being a lord yourself I am sure you understand. May I ask Lord Ed, what brings you here?"

The Emerald Earl, December 6th
Hôtel de Ville, Royal Ballroom

Lord Ed slowly nodded as the royal couple introduced themselves. Hoping not to give away his confusion, as the young lord could not remember where he had heard of Lux Pulchrae before, he listened to the King's question.

"Ah, well that is a good question, your Majesty. In all honestly I was looking more for a vacation away from the Isles this winter, and this seemed like a perfect opportunity! Dining and dancing in a charming city like Montréal with such fine foreigners seems too good to pass up. Also, as I am sure we can both agree, it never hurts to make friends abroad."

The Earl, glancing at Queen Cecile, flashed her a friendly smile as he paused for a moment. Ed admired her as she seemed quite elegant and polite, even though her English was subpar at best. At that moment, he finally remembered where he had heard of Lux Pulchrae! During one of Ed's trips in Europe, about three years ago, a tour guide in Italy gave a brief background on the neighboring kingdom. Though, he could not conger up any other thoughts on the country.

"So, what brings you both to Montréal? Surely more than the free food," Ed remarked as he chuckled.

Eritei
Spokesperson

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Eritei » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:01 pm

Hanoverian Great Britain wrote:As she saw the conductor heading away, she was then approached by a group of guests, headed by an aged looking woman, who seemingly introduced herself as Rose, Empress of Eritei. Though Alexandra was a bit off that her observation was interrupted, she nevertheless extended an open friendly hand. "Ah, its a pleasure to meet you, madam Rose, I am Alexandra Hanover of Great Britain", though what she said might have been contradictory to the former's request, Alexandra was quick to notice her new friend's older-looking character, leading her to use the suitable form of address. Regardless, Alexandra seemed keen on bonding with her new acquaintance. "If my guesses are right, we haven't met before, haven't we?" Forgive me for being so hasty but would you like to take a walk around?", invited the queen before lowering her tone a little. "I'm sure your husband wouldn't mind?", inquired her with much interest.

Rose nodded to Alexandra's request, looking behind to see her husband was already indulged in the picture of what looked to be a general.

"I don't see why not. Captain, please do leave us be," Rose said, looking at the Captain behind her, who nodded in response, before looking back at Alexandra, motioning her hand towards the empty ballroom in front of them. "Shall we walk?"

Rose then remembered the first thing Alexandra said to her, and quickly responded. "No, I don't think we ever met, unless you went to the University of London almost 23 years ago," she said, looking to be reminiscent of the past.

"But either way, I can't remember us ever meeting, unless you came during part of the first half of my reign," Rose said, looking to Alexandra.

Eritei
Spokesperson

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Eritei » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:21 pm

November 30th

To Reverend Cédric Lésage, 24th Premier of Quebec,

As you may know, Her Imperial and Royal Majesty Empress Rose I will be attending the ball that you have graciously opened up to the world. As Her Imperial and Royal Majesty will be attending quite early on in the month of December, and will be staying up until the 23rd, we request that you allow her to meet with you during said month, preferable on the 14th of December.

Please do inform us if this date may not work, as Her Imperial and Royal Majesty's schedule that month is flexible.

We look forward to your response.

God Speed to All,
All Hail and Long Live Her Imperial and Royal Majesty,
Lord-Minister of International Affairs, Knight Jarilo Perpodic
&
Lord-Minister of the Imperial and Royal Family's Affairs, Knighted Guard Reidina Tinavieich

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates