NATION

PASSWORD

The Montreal Winter Ball [IC|OPEN|ALL TECH]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

A l b i o n
Secretary

Founded: Nov 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby A l b i o n » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:24 am

Saturday 21st December
Grande Ballroom, City Hall, Montréal, Québec
Imperātrix Aatoria,
& Her Guards

The Gristolian Imperium wrote:The Emerald Earl, December 21st
Quartier des Spectacles, Montréal, New Québec
Grande Ballroom, Montréal City Hall

A l b i o n wrote:Finally, Artoria sat down and rested her free hand on Caledfwlch’s pommel, listening to the orchestra and speaking in Brittonic with her Celtic guard on a few matters. Otherwise she was watching the arrival of the other VIPs, taking note of their country of origin, dress and mannerisms.

Giving the lady a brief bow, and several minor nods of acknowledgement to her other companions, Lord Ed spoke: "Good evening, m'lady. Forgive me, as I did not mean to interrupt your conversation, but I just wanted to compliment you on the beauty of that sword you have. The craftsmanship is impeccable." Staring at it for a moment more, the Earl suddenly remembered the importance of introductions. "Though I was just announced, I am the Earl of Hollington, but please call me Lord Ed. I hail from the Gristolian Imperium."

Artoria looked away from her guardsman and turned her attention to the Earl when she saw him approaching her. After he introduced himself, the Imperātrix stood to her full 1.77 metres height, speaking as she bowed politely though briefly to Lord Ed. "Tis a pleasure to make thy acquaintance, Lord Ed. Her Most Augustness, Artoria the Just, Empress and Autocrat of All the Romans and Celts, Imperātrix of Albion stands before thee," she introduced herself to him in English, speaking in an almost Welsh accent with Latin influences. "Thou hast paid thine eyes upon Caledfwlch. Tis a sword of ceremony, handed down for generations by my predecessors. It is a symbol of royalty and legitimacy for the crown." Artoria explained to Lord Ed, moving Caledfwlch in its sheath slightly to make it more visible. "It is very old from what I know, and was first in the possession of the first King of Albion Arcturus."
| Great Kingdom of Albion / British EmpireOur Sun Shan’t Yet Set
Our skies, once clouded by ash and smoke, clear now to reveal the sunrise, a new dawn - of peace and brotherhood. Let our songs of fraternity now fill our hearts, with no room for hatred.

21 July AD 1921
| The Herald :

Skyhooked
Senator

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:52 pm

After going to the wine stand for "Refuel", Shawn found local wines to be pretty delicious. Of course he barely can distinguish them, but he found them to be good tasting. Seven wine glasses later, a beautiful weapon, Caledfwlch sword caught his eye, after all, weapons and alcohol are two things, all Skyhookers love. He decided to have a small talk with it's owner and get to know her better.

-"Good evening, m'lady... Your Most Augustness, Artoria the Just, if I ain't wrong. I am Shawn Bjornson, Great Khan of Skyhooked, or ya' may call me just Shawn, lil' Bjorn or just dude. Tis indeed one of the most magnificent ceremonial arms, I've ever seen. Too bad, I can't show ya' the "First Rifle", our own leader's ceremonial weapon, which was created and used by Seth, our first leader, who led the revolt agianst our oppressors. It's metallic parts were created from melted handcuffs and chains. Regretfully, the police of Nouevau Quebecois made it clear, that they won't allow it on this event."

Then, he decides to finally meet face to face with Prince Henri, someone, who represents the Empire of Alpes a Septnetrionalis, a great nation, he read about, but never encountered. Thankfully, prince was pretty close, so it there would be no need to stop the current interaction. Now, it is time to make diplomatic ties or even several trade agreements, or fail horribly in most humiliating manner. If he only could remember all those damned titles... He made a head bow and started addressing, trying to recall proper etiquette.

-"Good evening, your royal highness, Prince of Alpes a Septnetrionalis, Duke of Angouleme and Count of Artois. I am Shawn Bjornson, Great Khan of Commonwealth of Skyhooked. So many guests... but I know many of them, it feels, as if our world is bigger and smaller than I thought, at the same time. This ball is not only a showcase of cultural achievements, but also a fine hour to make diplomatic ties and trade deals, isn't it? Skyhooked has many things to offer, and I wish to know more about your empire. Perhaps your culture and traditions. After all, a right offering from our side would go a long way in establishing and improving our mutual relations."
Last edited by Skyhooked on Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skyhooked is MT/PMT with a few FT elements. Military is factbook only. NS stats are mostly non canon.
If you wanna know more about this haven of sin: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=418281&start=1

Our country offers: Alcohol, guns, cigars, weed, gambling, beaches and tons of souvenirs. And our current special: PL-74 Plasma rifle 25% discount!

Refreshing News:
Skyhooked is at war with Octavia, still holding agaisnt endless hordes of robots, vampires and traitors of humanity!/Global Defense Council was formed to help Earth hold agaisnt invasion./Luckily, we survived long enough and forces of Mandate of Humanity have arrived. (https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=484352)

Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium
Envoy

Founded: Jan 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:44 pm

Skyhooked wrote:After going to the wine stand for "Refuel", Shawn found local wines to be pretty delicious. Of course he barely can distinguish them, but he found them to be good tasting. Seven wine glasses later, a beautiful weapon, Caledfwlch sword caught his eye, after all, weapons and alcohol are two things, all Skyhookers love. He decided to have a small talk with it's owner and get to know her better.

-"Good evening, m'lady... Your Most Augustness, Artoria the Just, if I ain't wrong. I am Shawn Bjornson, Great Khan of Skyhooked, or ya' may call me just Shawn, lil' Bjorn or just dude. Tis indeed one of the most magnificent ceremonial arms, I've ever seen. Too bad, I can't show ya' the "First Rifle", our own leader's ceremonial weapon, which was created and used by Seth, our first leader, who led the revolt agianst our oppressors. It's metallic parts were created from melted handcuffs and chains. Regretfully, the police of Nouevau Quebecois made it clear, that they won't allow it on this event."

Then, he decides to finally meet face to face with Prince Henri, someone, who represents the Empire of Alpes a Septnetrionalis, a great nation, he read about, but never encountered. Thankfully, prince was pretty close, so it there would be no need to stop the current interaction. Now, it is time to make diplomatic ties or even several trade agreements, or fail horribly in most humiliating manner. If he only could remember all those damned titles... He made a head bow and started addressing, trying to recall proper etiquette.

-"Good evening, your royal highness, Prince of Alpes a Septnetrionalis, Duke of Angouleme and Count of Artois. I am Shawn Bjornson, Great Khan of Commonwealth of Skyhooked. So many guests... but I know many of them, it feels, as if our world is bigger and smaller than I thought, at the same time. This ball is not only a showcase of cultural achievements, but also a fine hour to make diplomatic ties and trade deals, isn't it? Skyhooked has many things to offer, and I wish to know more about your empire. Perhaps your culture and traditions. After all, a right offering from our side would go a long way in establishing and improving our mutual relations."

The Prince who had himself just went to have a glass of wine is met face to face with honestly someone he wouldn't expect in a ball like this. But since he had intorduced himself and given a reason for doing so the Prince would happily answer his questions. That and try to figure out why had never really heard of the Great Khan.

"Bonsoir Shawn Bjornson, Great Khan of the Commonwealth of Skyhooked. Well, I wish I had the same thoughts as you about this ball, I barely know anyone here. Anyhow, Skyhooked, Where is that again? I feel like I've heard of it, was a more anarchist nation? Well, I'm getting off-topic by a bit, so would you mind following me to take a seat for a moment. " the Prince ends his words with leading Shawn to a thing of chairs at one of the corners of the ballroom.

"This spot will be much more conformable to explain the Empire to you, than standing the whole time. So, then. You wish to learn more about Empire, yes?" the Prince says waiting for approval. "Well then, first the Empire of Alpes a Septnetrionalis is a rather large empire, mostly centered in Western Europe but with colonies all around the world. But you probably knew that, that and that the empire is extremely rich. We also speak French or variants and closely related languages to it mainly in the Empire, I even believe that there's an academy to dictate it's evolution and survival. We also still do speak some Latin, this being an influence of Rome and the church. Religion is highly important to us Alpeians, with a holiday such as Christmas being celebrated in a more religious rather than gift-giving manner. We also highly value our monarchy, with it being the central part of our society and nation. We also divide society into different classes based on societal importance and rank, which I can explain later. The Empire also quite values the arts and culture, we have even government departments to encourage and preserve it. There is more to if you wish to learn more about it, but I want to learn more about your nation now." The Prince says hoping for Shawn to start explaining to him the mysterious land of Skyhooked, a place only a few in the Empire have ever seen.
Last edited by Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium on Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Many factbooks are in a constant state of WIP or being considered for entire rework or deletion

Welcome to The Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium, a nation where I brutalize and adapt Latin and French History to my needs to get my Ultraroyalist Absolutist French Monarchy with a vaguely French-sounding fictional royal family to work.

Don't ask about the flag, it has something to do with RMB RP that I'm involved with.
Leader * Overview[Perpetual WIP] * Military * Ask me questitons

The Gristolian Imperium
Attaché

Founded: Nov 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Gristolian Imperium » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:08 pm

The Emerald Earl, December 21st
Old Montréal, Montréal, New Québec
Grande Ballroom

A l b i o n wrote:AArtoria looked away from her guardsman and turned her attention to the Earl when she saw him approaching her. After he introduced himself, the Imperātrix stood to her full 1.77 metres height, speaking as she bowed politely though briefly to Lord Ed. "Tis a pleasure to make thy acquaintance, Lord Ed. Her Most Augustness, Artoria the Just, Empress and Autocrat of All the Romans and Celts, Imperātrix of Albion stands before thee," she introduced herself to him in English, speaking in an almost Welsh accent with Latin influences. "Thou hast paid thine eyes upon Caledfwlch. Tis a sword of ceremony, handed down for generations by my predecessors. It is a symbol of royalty and legitimacy for the crown." Artoria explained to Lord Ed, moving Caledfwlch in its sheath slightly to make it more visible. "It is very old from what I know, and was first in the possession of the first King of Albion Arcturus."

"The pleasure is all mine, Your Imperial Majesty," the Earl responded as he observed the Empress further. He found it weird an empress would be wearing a white collared button-up shirt with a white tie. It would certainly be a reason for gossip back in the Imperial Court, but Albion must be a different place. Though, Artoria's white fur cloak was beautiful and reminded him to purchase more furs in the coming weeks since the Winter Season was in full swing.

Even at this very moment, the rich and influential were preparing for the annual Boyle Masquerade Ball. While the young lord would surely miss it, as many knew within Dunwall, Lord Ed would not receive an invitation. While far from his ear but not from his mind, a type of social duel was taking place between the Earl and Lady Josephine Boyle, a socialite of equal public standing. Keeping in mind what company the young lord was socializing with that night, Lord Ed took solace that he had certainly pursued the better option.

"I must say, and maybe you will agree, it can be sometimes indescribable holding and using such objects that are quite older than ourselves. The Cale-d-fwlch," Lord Ed said with bad pronunciation, "has probably seen so much. Though, I now must ask of curiosity, what can you tell me of Albion? It is a nation I have surely not crossed paths with thus far."

A l b i o n
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby A l b i o n » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:30 am

Saturday 21st December
Imperātrix Aatoria,
& Her Guards

Skyhooked wrote:After going to the wine stand for "Refuel", Shawn found local wines to be pretty delicious. Of course he barely can distinguish them, but he found them to be good tasting. Seven wine glasses later, a beautiful weapon, Caledfwlch sword caught his eye, after all, weapons and alcohol are two things, all Skyhookers love. He decided to have a small talk with it's owner and get to know her better.

Artoria hid her dismay at the sight of Shawn approaching her. She had heard of this man’s... less than virtuous character and the place that is Skyhooked before, so she wasn’t particularly keen on meeting any of its representatives. "Shawn... what a, hm, pleasant surprise to meet thee here. I am most pleased to hear thy praises of Caledfwlch; Tis a most esteemed weapon, thus it receives much praise from foreigners. I am sure this ‘First Rifle’ is a very astounding creation," Artoria spoke with dignity, being patient with Shawn and hiding her distaste for him. Artoria blinked in surprise but said nothing when Shawn walked off to talk with the other guests.

Grande Ballroom

"The pleasure is all mine, Your Imperial Majesty," the Earl responded as he observed the Empress further. He found it weird an empress would be wearing a white collared button-up shirt with a white tie. It would certainly be a reason for gossip back in the Imperial Court, but Albion must be a different place. Though, Artoria's white fur cloak was beautiful and reminded him to purchase more furs in the coming weeks since the Winter Season was in full swing.

Even at this very moment, the rich and influential were preparing for the annual Boyle Masquerade Ball. While the young lord would surely miss it, as many knew within Dunwall, Lord Ed would not receive an invitation. While far from his ear but not from his mind, a type of social duel was taking place between the Earl and Lady Josephine Boyle, a socialite of equal public standing. Keeping in mind what company the young lord was socializing with that night, Lord Ed took solace that he had certainly pursued the better option.

"I must say, and maybe you will agree, it can be sometimes indescribable holding and using such objects that are quite older than ourselves. The Cale-d-fwlch," Lord Ed said with bad pronunciation, "has probably seen so much. Though, I now must ask of curiosity, what can you tell me of Albion? It is a nation I have surely not crossed paths with thus far."

Artoria audibly chuckled upon witnessing Lord Ed’s poor pronunciation of Caledfwlch’s name, finding it rather... amusing. "Our homeland lays to the east, across the Oceanum Atlanticum, northwest of Europa. We carry on the Roman name under the title of Third Rome, blessed under the mighty god Sol Invictus to bring glory to His name and our people. I as Imperātrix hail from a long line that includes Latins, Celts and Anglo-Saxons - including the great King Arthur, whom was the first to wield Caledfwlch. Our culture, one would say, is a fusion of Latin Roman and Celtic cultures, though since the days of our empire we have integrated and assimilated many of our former colonial subjects’ cultures. The languages of Albion are Latin, Ænglisc, Brittonic, Cornubian, Caledonian Gaelic and Hibernian Gaelic. Aside from our state pagan religion, a fair number of Rhufeinwyr adhere to their Celtic or Germanic pagan faiths, whilst others follow Christ or a denomination of Sol Invictus. If thou wished the best comparison with Albion I would look to Rome during the Pax Romānā." Artoria spoke of Albion with great love in her voice, smiling with almost every word. She sat back down and invited him to the take seat opposite her.
Our skies, once clouded by ash and smoke, clear now to reveal the sunrise, a new dawn - of peace and brotherhood. Let our songs of fraternity now fill our hearts, with no room for hatred.

21 July AD 1921
| The Herald :

Skyhooked
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:40 am

Alpes a Septentrionali imperium wrote:The Prince who had himself just went to have a glass of wine is met face to face with honestly someone he wouldn't expect in a ball like this. But since he had intorduced himself and given a reason for doing so the Prince would happily answer his questions. That and try to figure out why had never really heard of the Great Khan.

"Bonsoir Shawn Bjornson, Great Khan of the Commonwealth of Skyhooked. Well, I wish I had the same thoughts as you about this ball, I barely know anyone here. Anyhow, Skyhooked, Where is that again? I feel like I've heard of it, was a more anarchist nation? Well, I'm getting off-topic by a bit, so would you mind following me to take a seat for a moment. " the Prince ends his words with leading Shawn to a thing of chairs at one of the corners of the ballroom.

"This spot will be much more conformable to explain the Empire to you, than standing the whole time. So, then. You wish to learn more about Empire, yes?" the Prince says waiting for approval. "Well then, first the Empire of Alpes a Septnetrionalis is a rather large empire, mostly centered in Western Europe but with colonies all around the world. But you probably knew that, that and that the empire is extremely rich. We also speak French or variants and closely related languages to it mainly in the Empire, I even believe that there's an academy to dictate it's evolution and survival. We also still do speak some Latin, this being an influence of Rome and the church. Religion is highly important to us Alpeians, with a holiday such as Christmas being celebrated in a more religious rather than gift-giving manner. We also highly value our monarchy, with it being the central part of our society and nation. We also divide society into different classes based on societal importance and rank, which I can explain later. The Empire also quite values the arts and culture, we have even government departments to encourage and preserve it. There is more to if you wish to learn more about it, but I want to learn more about your nation now." The Prince says hoping for Shawn to start explaining to him the mysterious land of Skyhooked, a place only a few in the Empire have ever seen.

Shawn got slightly surprised, and responed: "Hardly heared of it? When I come back, I am gonna increase the budget of Marketing department and expand promotional campaign, so the word spreads. Anyway, first things first - Skyhooked is a pretty hot country in the Caribbeans, with it's capital, Skyhooked city on Enthorean island, right now, we are basically a semi-anarchist confederacy of cities, villages, syndicates, tribes and such, united by common ideology and mentality. We have two state languages, English and Spanish, however, there are many people in Skyhooked, who speak French, various Scandinavian languages, and Russian. It's our people, who define language evolution, not academy.

Our culture is based on mutual aid, laid back attitude, search for pleasure, freedom, equality, inclusiveness and battle. We are basically hedonist warriors, who respect and value science and culture. Many our aspects will be a shock for your people, as we don't regard religion as something important (but we still celebrate all the holidays, although for recretional reasons rather than spiritual), and belive in classless society. It may appear strange to you, but we are extremely rich too. Thanks to many tourists, and our cutting edge technology in many areas, that make our industry and agriculture extremely efficient. You may be surprised, but we don't regard monarchy as something evil and when we deal with monarchs, we use case-by-case approach. After all, a competent and talented ruler on the throne can lead his nation into the golden age. If you have more questions, ask freely.

Oh, and I wonder, how does it feel to be a prince? I guess, training and education regime is pretty rigorous."
Skyhooked is MT/PMT with a few FT elements. Military is factbook only. NS stats are mostly non canon.
If you wanna know more about this haven of sin: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=418281&start=1

Our country offers: Alcohol, guns, cigars, weed, gambling, beaches and tons of souvenirs. And our current special: PL-74 Plasma rifle 25% discount!

Refreshing News:
Skyhooked is at war with Octavia, still holding agaisnt endless hordes of robots, vampires and traitors of humanity!/Global Defense Council was formed to help Earth hold agaisnt invasion./Luckily, we survived long enough and forces of Mandate of Humanity have arrived. (https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=484352)

The Gristolian Imperium
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Gristolian Imperium » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:19 am

Grande Ballroom

A l b i o n wrote:Artoria audibly chuckled upon witnessing Lord Ed’s poor pronunciation of Caledfwlch’s name, finding it rather... amusing. "Our homeland lays to the east, across the Oceanum Atlanticum, northwest of Europa. We carry on the Roman name under the title of Third Rome, blessed under the mighty god Sol Invictus to bring glory to His name and our people. I as Imperātrix hail from a long line that includes Latins, Celts and Anglo-Saxons - including the great King Arthur, whom was the first to wield Caledfwlch. Our culture, one would say, is a fusion of Latin Roman and Celtic cultures, though since the days of our empire we have integrated and assimilated many of our former colonial subjects’ cultures. The languages of Albion are Latin, Ænglisc, Brittonic, Cornubian, Caledonian Gaelic and Hibernian Gaelic. Aside from our state pagan religion, a fair number of Rhufeinwyr adhere to their Celtic or Germanic pagan faiths, whilst others follow Christ or a denomination of Sol Invictus. If thou wished the best comparison with Albion I would look to Rome during the Pax Romānā." Artoria spoke of Albion with great love in her voice, smiling with almost every word. She sat back down and invited him to the take seat opposite her.

Accepting the Empresses offer, the young lord sat opposite of her. "I must say, Albion seems like quite a diverse society. I can see some parallels with my own homeland. The Gristolian Imperium was also once a region of many diverse languages which have now slowly yielded, after nearly four centuries, to Gristish, a linguistic cousin of English. Still, the Isles culturally are just as varied as during the times before the War of Four Crowns. Of course," the Earl grinned, "I would still argue my homeland of Gristol has the most complex and rich cultural legacy in all of the Isles. From the artistic works of the Old Masters, like Sir Jonathan Brant, to the gastronomic pleasures the finest chefs in the Isle have to offer, we are truly second to none."

Even at the thought of the food back in Gristol, Lord Ed's stomach began to growl. Venison-in-Broth, Blood Ox pie, lobster boiled and Callens in Cream. The Earl was sure he would need to throw a feast on his arrival home.

"Now, I will not go as far as to say the rest of the Isles does not also boast some worthwhile cultures, but I think you understand what I mean. On the topic of religion, the Gristolian Imperium cannot speak to be so diverse. The Abbey of the Everyman has been the prominent religious authority for centuries and, only in recent years, has the Abbey decided to allow the presence of other beliefs in the region."

Confederate American SU
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 29, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Confederate American SU » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:38 am

Grande Ballroom, December 21st

Pickett's ears count wind of the word 'Confederacy'. Finally, a conversation that interested him! Those aristocrats were so boring! Really, it would've been more fun if he simply massacred them. But, this time he had to be a good guest to the nation. Pouting a little, he approached the two conversing lead-

"Holy crap, it's Grognak the Barbarian!" Pickett exclaimed before having a look of disappointment on his face, "Oh wait, it's someone who looks like him." He then shrugged. Grognak is a shitty character anyways. Fuck him and his fuck off muscles.

The 'woman' then smirked slyly, "So, did someone say 'Confederacy'?" A part of him wished he dressed in military attire. And, kept his beard. Because, the prince next to Shawn was rocking a better goatee and mustache than him. "Oh, I forgot my introduction. I'm Casey Flannery Pickett. The g-" He paused for a moment. "Girl who had America's anthem playing. The American 'representative', if you can call me that." Really, he was representing the WRONG America. The America where Reagan ran as a Democrat and lost the 1980 election. That America. "I apologize for being a bit shy throughout the event." It was hard for Pickett to converse outside of his revolutionary racist persona he crafted. The 'young girl' persona was a bit rusty for him. Still, he gave both the prince and Shawn an awkward smile. How do I even interact with these people? This the first time I've interacted with heads of state without brutally executing them afterwards. I haven't prepared for this at all.

(Italics is his thoughts, added purely for entertainment.)
★★========★★
==★★====★★==
====
★★★★====
==
★★====★★==
★★========★★

★No, it is not the South. SU stands for 'States and Unions'. The right acronym is RCAS. Please read the Factbook.★

A l b i o n
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby A l b i o n » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:44 am

Saturday 21st December
Imperātrix Aatoria,
& Her Guards

Grande Ballroom

Accepting the Empresses offer, the young lord sat opposite of her. "I must say, Albion seems like quite a diverse society. I can see some parallels with my own homeland. The Gristolian Imperium was also once a region of many diverse languages which have now slowly yielded, after nearly four centuries, to Gristish, a linguistic cousin of English. Still, the Isles culturally are just as varied as during the times before the War of Four Crowns. Of course," the Earl grinned, "I would still argue my homeland of Gristol has the most complex and rich cultural legacy in all of the Isles. From the artistic works of the Old Masters, like Sir Jonathan Brant, to the gastronomic pleasures the finest chefs in the Isle have to offer, we are truly second to none."

Even at the thought of the food back in Gristol, Lord Ed's stomach began to growl. Venison-in-Broth, Blood Ox pie, lobster boiled and Callens in Cream. The Earl was sure he would need to throw a feast on his arrival home.

"Now, I will not go as far as to say the rest of the Isles does not also boast some worthwhile cultures, but I think you understand what I mean. On the topic of religion, the Gristolian Imperium cannot speak to be so diverse. The Abbey of the Everyman has been the prominent religious authority for centuries and, only in recent years, has the Abbey decided to allow the presence of other beliefs in the region."

The Rhufeiniad woman humoured Lord Ed with a pleasant smile, listening to him speak the whole while. "Gristol must soon be placed on my list, I am certain I would find some time there to be enjoyable. I can imagine there are some similarities between thy homeland and the Anglo-Saxon realms; Kent, Sussex, Essex, and Norsex being examples. Much of Britannia, however, is more culturally tied to their Brittonic and Cornubian ancestors such as the Icenii or Brigantii. Since the 1600s, however, the Rhufeiniad culture has been predominant," Her Most Augustness spoke of homeland with joy in her voice. No doubt she has been missing it greatly during her time in Montréal.

Artoria turned her gaze to the other guests, such as Skyhookedian and the Alpeian guests, studying them for a moment before turning to her conversation. "In addition to our native peoples," Artoria began, "many Roman citizens are migrants from our former colonial territories or descendants of migrants, slaves or trophies captured during our many wars of conquest and subjugation. There are others, as well, whom hail from Europa or other places, bringing their cultures with them and being assimilated into the Rhufeiniad identity. Londinium is perhaps the most cosmopolitan of these cities, with Iudeans, Hellenes, Siamese, Iaponese, Cherokee and many, many more. Some of our citizens decry this cosmopolitanism, but this is simply a side effect of having an imperial legacy, is it not?" Artoria rhetorically questioned.

21 July AD 1921
| The Herald :

Skyhooked
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:11 pm

Confederate American SU wrote:Grande Ballroom, December 21st

Pickett's ears count wind of the word 'Confederacy'. Finally, a conversation that interested him! Those aristocrats were so boring! Really, it would've been more fun if he simply massacred them. But, this time he had to be a good guest to the nation. Pouting a little, he approached the two conversing lead-

"Holy crap, it's Grognak the Barbarian!" Pickett exclaimed before having a look of disappointment on his face, "Oh wait, it's someone who looks like him." He then shrugged. Grognak is a shitty character anyways. Fuck him and his fuck off muscles.

The 'woman' then smirked slyly, "So, did someone say 'Confederacy'?" A part of him wished he dressed in military attire. And, kept his beard. Because, the prince next to Shawn was rocking a better goatee and mustache than him. "Oh, I forgot my introduction. I'm Casey Flannery Pickett. The g-" He paused for a moment. "Girl who had America's anthem playing. The American 'representative', if you can call me that." Really, he was representing the WRONG America. The America where Reagan ran as a Democrat and lost the 1980 election. That America. "I apologize for being a bit shy throughout the event." It was hard for Pickett to converse outside of his revolutionary racist persona he crafted. The 'young girl' persona was a bit rusty for him. Still, he gave both the prince and Shawn an awkward smile. How do I even interact with these people? This the first time I've interacted with heads of state without brutally executing them afterwards. I haven't prepared for this at all.

(Italics is his thoughts, added purely for entertainment.)

As Shawn had a meaningful talk with Prince of Alpes a Septentrionali empire, he was distracted by some small young girl, or at least someone, who looks like one.

-"There ain't no Grognak dude in this ballroom. I am actually Shawn the Barbarian, or at least some foreign leaders call me that, but I ain't offended. Perhaps you have heared power metal, played by local orchestra during my announcement. And are you a daught... oh, wait... it's you Casey. I barely recognized you in this disguise. Either way, it's nice to have a talk with other leaders, especially when they are unusual. Now, would ya' like some wine? Or maybe some stronger stuff?"
Last edited by Skyhooked on Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Refreshing News:

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:18 pm

December 21st, 6pm. Grande Ballroom.

The big day finally came. After the show the two went back home the next day, coming back just in time for the ball. At the top of the steps they waited with everyone else, seeing familiar faces going down and names being called out. Cleone would internally roll his eyes at some of the titles, especially the one about "Autocrat of all Romans", but his was probably as pretentious as many others here.

Their attires wouldn't be that much of a change from the formal attire worn at the show, Cleone wore a simple black suit with matching vest and tie and underneath was a white shirt. As always, his medal of the Order of the Sacred Heart was pinned on his chest. Cecile on the other hand wore a white ball gown, being from Lux Pulchrae it was a rather conservative one with shoulders and chest covered. She also wore white evening gloves, although these only covered up to her wrist. Her brunette hair was straightened, going a little bit past her shoulders. On her head she wore a silver tiara adorned with diamonds, a gift from the Queen Mother herself.

As they were about to go down, they greeted Cross at the top of the steps. Going down, the national anthem Passo Romano played, and his title was announced "Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome His Royal Highness by the Grace of God, King of Lux Pulchrae and Amaglione, Supreme General of the Grand Lux Army and Admiral of the Navy, Defender of the Church, Cleone d'Angeli IV. And Her Ladyship, Cecile Marie de Elise-Bourbon." the two walked with arms locked, Cecile smiled as her name was called. She was just happy to be there, it was nice to be at a ball, but also a bit nervous at the high-profile event. Cleone was not nervous though, as he'd been to these many times. But nonetheless both were here to enjoy the night.

The Gristolian Imperium
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Gristolian Imperium » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:01 pm

Grande Ballroom

A l b i o n wrote:The Rhufeiniad woman humoured Lord Ed with a pleasant smile, listening to him speak the whole while. "Gristol must soon be placed on my list, I am certain I would find some time there to be enjoyable. I can imagine there are some similarities between thy homeland and the Anglo-Saxon realms; Kent, Sussex, Essex, and Norsex being examples.

"I am sure that my homeland would welcome you with open arms! Though, I would note the important decision of choosing when to visiting. Known as the Winter and Summer Season, both social seasons hold different values and types of engagements. During the Winter Season, for example, you would find it easier to meet all of the upper class at a few select parties. The weather is not as agreeable, but, as I am sure you can agree, us more well-off class of society can find interesting ways of making it enjoyable. As for the Summer Season, most of the aristocrats and politicians retreat from the cities to the countryside making it harder meet them all at one party. But, the country estates in Gristol are unique and fun in so many ways," the Earl said with a grin on his face. Taking a moment to breath, the young lord realized he still had not had any wine. Hopefully a waiter would pass by soon.
A l b i o n wrote:Artoria turned her gaze to the other guests, such as Skyhookedian and the Alpeian guests, studying them for a moment before turning to her conversation. "In addition to our native peoples," Artoria began, "many Roman citizens are migrants from our former colonial territories or descendants of migrants, slaves or trophies captured during our many wars of conquest and subjugation. There are others, as well, whom hail from Europa or other places, bringing their cultures with them and being assimilated into the Rhufeiniad identity. Londinium is perhaps the most cosmopolitan of these cities, with Iudeans, Hellenes, Siamese, Iaponese, Cherokee and many, many more. Some of our citizens decry this cosmopolitanism, but this is simply a side effect of having an imperial legacy, is it not?" Artoria rhetorically questioned.

"Ah, I see," Lord Ed remarked. "Please interject if you disagree, Your Imperial Majesty, but I feel like many times it is those classes who have yet to experience the wonders of city life, often the poorer, rural types, who fail to understand the vital importance of the cosmopolitan spirit. Without it, I dare say, any nation would not fair well in our globalized age." Pausing for a few moments, he continued, "Please, as now you have peaked my interest, does Albion retain a sizable colonial holdings?"

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:07 pm

The Montreal Winter Ball

Commandant of the Royal Police, Vince D. Lagare

The Montreal Winter Festival
Grande Ballroom, Montreal
December 21, 2019 - 6:30 PM

As he sipped a fine wine of which name he couldn't pronounce, Lagare's eyes darted across the room. On a stakeout with two other officers, the trio stood out in a crimson-clad dress uniform, but not as exuberantly as the other guests. Good news for them.

"Camme toé. Tu avoir les shakes."

As if on a stakeout, Lagare hoped to find his person of interested inter-mingled in the crowd. Preliminary reports stated that the night was set to go just as peacefully as any other night in the city of still lights and gas lamps, but as Cédric is, Lagare was a man of caution, and so would be his adjutants.

"Le voilà. Il est la."

Lagare, in a way that would refrain from attracting unwanted attention, subtly pointed to his two officers a modestly paired couple that had just entered the ballroom with an account of a black suit and white gown. Unlike the rest of the guests, they blended in and merged perfectly with the other Frenchmen in dance, presenting a greater challenge for the cops.

"Ils sont à nous."

"Alors, eh... parlons-leur."

"No, no, no, -nous allons leur faire peur. J’ai les cannes blanches. Avec grâce, attendre que le curé se mouche. Aha? Come. We'll occupy ourselves with the other guests for now."

Lagare pulled his officers closed and took a windowed gaze at the rest of the international guests. He explained to them his plan.

"Yes- yes- yes, c'est ça. The man with the scars will have plenty of stories to tell. He'll do. Remove your bicornes and hold them over your holsters. The other guests already know we're armed but our persons of interest don't. Let's keep them calm for as long as possible."

Lagare's detail adjusted their uniforms and removed their Napoleonic Hats, holding them over their service pistols in an attempt to at least partially conceal them from view. They were the only armed Frenchmen at the ceremony and that made them attractive to begin with. Lagare sipped his tasteless wine once more and the trio walked over to intercept Shawn Bjornson and his accompany. He smiled at the rugged man in an out of place formal and his conversation with a notable young lady, then spoke:

"Allô, allô, mon amis. Ah, Monsieur Bjornson, j’aime le way qu’à hang. Very... er... what is the word, 'expressive'. Pardon my intrusion, if you would so mind, but I see that you're all well-immersed in conversation. I take it that is a sign of enjoyment."

Lagare gave his best attempt at a charming young smile while his adjutants gave a respectful nod before quickly breaking off to intermingle with other nobles of Quebec.
Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

A l b i o n
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby A l b i o n » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:30 pm

Saturday 21st December
Imperātrix Aatoria,
& Her Guards

The Gristolian Imperium wrote:"I am sure that my homeland would welcome you with open arms! Though, I would note the important decision of choosing when to visiting. Known as the Winter and Summer Season, both social seasons hold different values and types of engagements. During the Winter Season, for example, you would find it easier to meet all of the upper class at a few select parties. The weather is not as agreeable, but, as I am sure you can agree, us more well-off class of society can find interesting ways of making it enjoyable. As for the Summer Season, most of the aristocrats and politicians retreat from the cities to the countryside making it harder meet them all at one party. But, the country estates in Gristol are unique and fun in so many ways," the Earl said with a grin on his face. Taking a moment to breath, the young lord realized he still had not had any wine. Hopefully a waiter would pass by soon.

Artoria carefully listened to the young lord, her eyes watching him and occasionally flickering to the guests that were nearest to them. "I am personally more for summer time and country gatherings rather than the usual high class balls one would assume a woman such as myself enjoys. Though I understand their importance, the styles of these sorts of events more remind me of continental Europae practices than anything of our society. Furthermore, carousing is not necessarily my ‘strong suit’ as the common folk say, thus further discouraging my appearance at most balls," the Imperātrix spoke before taking a sip of wine. Noticing his lack of drink, Artoria plainly ordered her guardsman to fetch the lord some wine, speaking to him in their native Brittonic (Welsh). He left after confirming the order she had given him, leaving the two to their conversation.

The Gristolian Imperium wrote:"Ah, I see," Lord Ed remarked. "Please interject if you disagree, Your Imperial Majesty, but I feel like many times it is those classes who have yet to experience the wonders of city life, often the poorer, rural types, who fail to understand the vital importance of the cosmopolitan spirit. Without it, I dare say, any nation would not fair well in our globalized age." Pausing for a few moments, he continued, "Please, as now you have peaked my interest, does Albion retain a sizable colonial holdings?"

"I rather agree. Though I admittedly prefer the company of my fellow Romans, I am in line with the idea that one must have a cosmopolitan mind in order to see their realm survive and flourish in this day and age. Seldom can I justify isolation, tis a policy that enables stagnation and the castrates a country’s ability to project its own power," Artoria concurred with Lord Ed, finding their similarities in opinion thus far rather pleasing. "Unfortunately," she spoke with much sorrow, "what remains of our empire is merely island holdings and a petty number of vassals. Tis a most saddening thing to admit, and certainly not favourable to our prestige. However, times change and this can always be... rectified, so to speak," were her words. Not long after, both of her guardsmen returned, one with a glass of wine for the Earl. Immediately she and Æþelred, the Englishman, began to speak in Latin to each other, perhaps sharing observations or chitchat, one couldn’t easily tell.

21 July AD 1921
| The Herald :

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:48 pm

A l b i o n wrote:"I rather agree. Though I admittedly prefer the company of my fellow Romans, I am in line with the idea that one must have a cosmopolitan mind in order to see their realm survive and flourish in this day and age. Seldom can I justify isolation, tis a policy that enables stagnation and the castrates a country’s ability to project its own power," Artoria concurred with Lord Ed, finding their similarities in opinion thus far rather pleasing. "Unfortunately," she spoke with much sorrow, "what remains of our empire is merely island holdings and a petty number of vassals. Tis a most saddening thing to admit, and certainly not favourable to our prestige. However, times change and this can always be... rectified, so to speak," were her words. Not long after, both of her guardsmen returned, one with a glass of wine for the Earl. Immediately she and Æþelred, the Englishman, began to speak in Latin to each other, perhaps sharing observations or chitchat, one couldn’t easily tell.

The Gristolian Imperium wrote:"I am sure that my homeland would welcome you with open arms! Though, I would note the important decision of choosing when to visiting. Known as the Winter and Summer Season, both social seasons hold different values and types of engagements. During the Winter Season, for example, you would find it easier to meet all of the upper class at a few select parties. The weather is not as agreeable, but, as I am sure you can agree, us more well-off class of society can find interesting ways of making it enjoyable. As for the Summer Season, most of the aristocrats and politicians retreat from the cities to the countryside making it harder meet them all at one party. But, the country estates in Gristol are unique and fun in so many ways," the Earl said with a grin on his face. Taking a moment to breath, the young lord realized he still had not had any wine. Hopefully a waiter would pass by soon.

From the corner of their eyes, a young blonde in a white mess-dress uniform with crimson piping sporting a sharply reflective silver trey populated with a variety of bite-sized delicacies and shining wine glasses approached uninvited. He spoke, with a slightly tilted head in a smooth French-Canadian accent,

Pardon me Monsieur et Mademoiselle, but I couldn't help but noticed your distinct lack of drinks and fine foods. May I interest you to some delicious 'Pets de Sœurs' snacks that pair marvellously with a fine glass of traditional Sauvignon Blanc, 1987? Though you must forgive me, anything pairs well with a wine of that variety.

As he gave a smile and stifled a snicker, the young man motioned towards the couple a trey containing glasses of a fine white drink, and a brown, cinnamon-roll resembling snack.

Pardon the intrusion. If you'd like anything more, the dinner-bar serves a fantastic Montreal smoked meat for couples. Anything else I could help you with?
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium
Envoy

Founded: Jan 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:40 pm

Skyhooked wrote:
Alpes a Septentrionali imperium wrote:-Snipped for length-

The prince thinks for a moment, trying to recall his maps of the Carribean. But untimely getting nothing from this. " Perhaps I'll make a trip to Skyhooked one day to see it, who knows. Anyhows being an Imperial Prince is much harder than it seems. I had years upon years of training in languages, edicts, etiquette and more. Along with that, I got a normal education of that of noble birth, being private tutors extremely learned in their subjects and then an academy. Après quoi I joined the Imperial Military as do all young men at the time. Now I'm here, fulfilling one of my responsibilities as prince which is to represent the Empire abroad in a positive and formal matter" The Prince than thinks for a moment, about something that saddens him enough to be noticeable.

"I never understood why any of the noblemen back in the Empire thought that being a prince was a nice and comfy job. I mean other than titles and all the benefits I have a scheduled and planned out life, I mean I only met my wife a week before our wedding for crying out loud, I get sent to a different building every other week in the capital for busy work it seems and I haven't a day for myself in a long time! To top it all of, I barely ever see the Emperor-King or the Empress and they are my own parents! But anyhow this is probably a little depressing isn't so I think I'll refrain from speaking more about it for now" Prince Henri than goes back to sitting down in his chair and taking a sip from his glass and thinking on whether or not he should have smoke soon. Only for than a most strange...Women...Man...Something came to start speaking to M. Bjornson.

Confederate American SU wrote:Grande Ballroom, December 21st

Prince Henri seeing the sudden visitor to the conservation is rather intrigued by whatever it is. It looks like a woman, but something was just off. But the Great Khan of Skyhooked recognized this woman so he would introduce himself cordially and just see where this goes for now. That and or call his guards to place near him.

"Bonsoir Mademoiselle, I am His Imperial and Highness Prince Henri de Alpeia, Prince of the Empire of Alpes a Septnetrionalis, Duke of Angouleme and Count of Artois. And you might be..?
Last edited by Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium on Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Many factbooks are in a constant state of WIP or being considered for entire rework or deletion

Welcome to The Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium, a nation where I brutalize and adapt Latin and French History to my needs to get my Ultraroyalist Absolutist French Monarchy with a vaguely French-sounding fictional royal family to work.

Don't ask about the flag, it has something to do with RMB RP that I'm involved with.
Leader * Overview[Perpetual WIP] * Military * Ask me questitons

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:05 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
The Montreal Winter Ball

December 21, 2019 - 6:30 PM

As he sipped a fine wine of which name he couldn't pronounce, Lagare's eyes darted across the room. On a stakeout with two other officers, the trio stood out in a crimson-clad dress uniform, but not as exuberantly as the other guests. Good news for them.

"Camme toé. Tu avoir les shakes."

As if on a stakeout, Lagare hoped to find his person of interested inter-mingled in the crowd. Preliminary reports stated that the night was set to go just as peacefully as any other night in the city of still lights and gas lamps, but as Cédric is, Lagare was a man of caution, and so would be his adjutants.

"Le voilà. Il est la."

Lagare, in a way that would refrain from attracting unwanted attention, subtly pointed to his two officers a modestly paired couple that had just entered the ballroom with an account of a black suit and white gown. Unlike the rest of the guests, they blended in and merged perfectly with the other Frenchmen in dance, presenting a greater challenge for the cops.

"Ils sont à nous."

"Alors, eh... parlons-leur."

"No, no, no, -nous allons leur faire peur. J’ai les cannes blanches. Avec grâce, attendre que le curé se mouche. Aha? Come. We'll occupy ourselves with the other guests for now."

Lagare pulled his officers closed and took a windowed gaze at the rest of the international guests. He explained to them his plan.

"Yes- yes- yes, c'est ça. The man with the scars will have plenty of stories to tell. He'll do. Remove your bicornes and hold them over your holsters. The other guests already know we're armed but our persons of interest don't. Let's keep them calm for as long as possible."

Lagare's detail adjusted their uniforms and removed their Napoleonic Hats, holding them over their service pistols in an attempt to at least partially conceal them from view. They were the only armed Frenchmen at the ceremony and that made them attractive to begin with. Lagare sipped his tasteless wine once more and the trio walked over to intercept Shawn Bjornson and his accompany. He smiled at the rugged man in an out of place formal and his conversation with a notable young lady, then spoke:

"Allô, allô, mon amis. Ah, Monsieur Bjornson, j’aime le way qu’à hang. Very... er... what is the word, 'expressive'. Pardon my intrusion, if you would so mind, but I see that you're all well-immersed in conversation. I take it that is a sign of enjoyment."

Lagare gave his best attempt at a charming young smile while his adjutants gave a respectful nod before quickly breaking off to intermingle with other nobles of Quebec.

When they entered the ballroom they saw it was quite alive. Music and conversation filled the large space. Servers walked around with drinks and snacks. They each got themselves a glass of wine, noticing several familiar faces, most of whom were already in their own conversations. Looking around Cleone spotted Lagare, Montreal’s head of police. Accompanied by several lackeys, all traditionally dressed. The king never recalled ever meeting him personally so he decided why not?

“Cecile, follow me. We’re gonna go meet someone.” she did as he asked and they both headed to greet the man. Approaching him with friendly faces “Bonsoir Monsiuer Lagare. I do not believe we’ve met formally yet but I’m sure we both know each other very well otherwise so no introductions are needed. But as a gentleman, may I introduce my lovely date Cecile Marie.

She bowed her head lightly “Bonsoir Monsier. Pleasure to meet you. You have a lovely city under your watch.

Cartoonia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Cartoonia » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:14 pm

Chancellor Erza Scarlet
Montreal City Hall, Grande Ballroom. December 21

Erza makes her way to the ballroom where the guests have gathered. She heard laughter from one of the guests when she came through, but she chose to ignore that. In the ballroom, there was an abundance of guests to speak with, and from nations she is familiar with. Over in one area was one of the leaders from Skyhooked. If she remembers, his name is Shawn Bjornson, the great Kahn of Skyhooked and in another area was His Imperial Majesty and Royal Highness Henri of Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium, whim she had fond memories of the young prince’s questions about her country. A lot of leaders and well respected individuals that she has known through the news and other world events. With wine glass in hand, she walks up to two ladies whom she believe was from the Empire of Amenria.

“Good evening” Erza says. “You must be from Amenria. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. My name is Erza Scarlet, Chancellor of Cartoonia”.
Supreme Leader Jimmy Kudo
Chancellor Nigel Uno
Attorney General Conan Edogawa
Secretary of Foreign Affairs Raphtalia
Gran-General of the Army Eric Cartman
Gran-Admiral of the Navy Kagura Mikazuchi

The desk of the Democratic Republic of Cartoonia Department of Foreign Affairs.
Capitol: Gallagher
Current Civil State: Prosperous
Current Military Status: At Peace
Cartoonian-Dillydale Stock Exchange…...JWC -10.0%........CIS +1.1%......CEP +2.1%......SSA -6.1%......POC -5.1%......WDC -1.2%......ABC +2.4%......RMC -1.2%......MRE +1.7%......SSC +3.1%......FSC +2.0%......KTC -0.5%......SBC -4.2%......KKF -5.3%

The Gristolian Imperium
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Gristolian Imperium » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:44 pm

Grande Ballroom

A l b i o n wrote:Artoria carefully listened to the young lord, her eyes watching him and occasionally flickering to the guests that were nearest to them. "I am personally more for summer time and country gatherings rather than the usual high class balls one would assume a woman such as myself enjoys. Though I understand their importance, the styles of these sorts of events more remind me of continental Europae practices than anything of our society. Furthermore, carousing is not necessarily my ‘strong suit’ as the common folk say, thus further discouraging my appearance at most balls," the Imperātrix spoke before taking a sip of wine.

Lord Ed took note of the Empresses' lack of taste for busy gatherings. Oddly enough, based on the Earl encounters with the Imperial Family, it seem the nature of most rulers to prefer smaller, intimate settings. He guessed that was due to the forced inheritance of never being able to shy away from public encounters. Nonetheless, Lord Ed interjected, "Well, and forgive me for being brash, but there will always be an open invitation to visit my country estate, Cippenwood Park. I have been told I have some of the most beautiful gardens in all of the Isles. My grandmother and mother were avid gardeners and personally oversaw the planting of the rose gardens and orchard. And, at the high point of the Summer Season, the Ball I host during the days of the Fugue Feast are officially only second in splendor to the celebration held by the Emperor at Kaldwin Castle." Leaning in closer to the Empress, the Earl commented in a hushed tone, "Unofficially, the Emperor cannot even compete." Lord Ed could not help but grin at this point out of pride.

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:From the corner of their eyes, a young blonde in a white mess-dress uniform with crimson piping sporting a sharply reflective silver trey populated with a variety of bite-sized delicacies and shining wine glasses approached uninvited. He spoke, with a slightly tilted head in a smooth French-Canadian accent,

Pardon me Monsieur et Mademoiselle, but I couldn't help but noticed your distinct lack of drinks and fine foods. May I interest you to some delicious 'Pets de Sœurs' snacks that pair marvellously with a fine glass of traditional Sauvignon Blanc, 1987? Though you must forgive me, anything pairs well with a wine of that variety.

As he gave a smile and stifled a snicker, the young man motioned towards the couple a trey containing glasses of a fine white drink, and a brown, cinnamon-roll resembling snack.

Pardon the intrusion. If you'd like anything more, the dinner-bar serves a fantastic Montreal smoked meat for couples. Anything else I could help you with?

Slightly caught off guard by the arrival of the waiter, Lord Ed responded, "What? Oh, did you say a vintage from 1987? Oh, how delightful!" Though, noticing the arrival of the Empresses' companions, with one motioning a glass of wine towards him, he knew he had to decline the young man's offer. The first strike would be to have two glasses of wine at once. The second strike, and far more rude, would be to decline a glass of wine fetched by the Empresses' guard.

"For the moment, I fear I must decline. I will," the Earl said enthusiastically, "gladly accept a snack. And, you said there is smoked meats? The void only knows how much weight one can gain during the social season. I swear I nearly gained ten pounds last time I was summoned to the Imperial Court." Glancing once more at waiter, for he was quite a handsome blonde man, the Earl turned back to the Empress, ignoring the waiter's follow-up question.

A l b i o n wrote:"I rather agree. Though I admittedly prefer the company of my fellow Romans, I am in line with the idea that one must have a cosmopolitan mind in order to see their realm survive and flourish in this day and age. Seldom can I justify isolation, tis a policy that enables stagnation and the castrates a country’s ability to project its own power," Artoria concurred with Lord Ed, finding their similarities in opinion thus far rather pleasing. "Unfortunately," she spoke with much sorrow, "what remains of our empire is merely island holdings and a petty number of vassals. Tis a most saddening thing to admit, and certainly not favourable to our prestige. However, times change and this can always be... rectified, so to speak," were her words. Not long after, both of her guardsmen returned, one with a glass of wine for the Earl. Immediately she and Æþelred, the Englishman, began to speak in Latin to each other, perhaps sharing observations or chitchat, one couldn’t easily tell.

"And, that is why I agree that we must not ask what stagnation our nations might face in terms of isolation, but what wealth and knowledge we can gain from potential international exploits. I mean," the young lord began as he crossed his right leg over his left, "my dear friends in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry tell me we have gained more profit in international trade in the last five years than any colonial exploit in the last ten years. Now, there are those who are pushing for an increase in colonial exploits to secure our stalling economy, but we must look outward in this era."

As the guardsman arrived, extending the glass of wine to the Earl, he was displeased for a moment wishing he had taken the 1987 Sauvignon Blanc. As Artoria and the guardsman spoke, the young lord wondered what they were saying. Being hopelessly poor at languages, and only learning to speak poor French during his European travels, the couple could be discussing anything. The weather perhaps? Or, their opinions on this foreigner sitting before them? Still, if wine was good for anything else but taste, it was loosing the lips of everyone: industrialists, models, dukes and even empresses.

Raising his glass to the Empress, the Earl announced to her, "If I may, Your Imperial Majesty, let me propose a toast. To the prosperity of both our great nations in this era of international growth and," the young lord gave Artoria a brief, charismatic wink, "imperial rectification!"

Confederate American SU
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 29, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Confederate American SU » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:18 pm

Grande Ballroom - December 21
Pickett blinked as his memory clicked. It's Shawn. The guy from another universe he constantly got mail from complaining of his racism, asking him to stop. Really, Pickett didn't care, though he did remember his Caribbean campaign from his world. Still, the power metal anthem was amazing. I need to bring that to my world. "Admittedly, it was amazing. They confused the RCAS anthem with the Star-Spangled Banner."

Before he could answer as what sort of wine he wanted, the prince jumped in. And, Pickett's respect for the man dropped like a Fat Man. Thankfully, he remained calmed instead of going nuclear. Calm down. Not the time to go full Jacobin. Instead, Pickett introduced himself, "I thought I introduced myself already. I'm Casey Flannery Pickett. The girl who had the Star-Spangled Banner playing. Which is actually one of the two anthems of the RCAS, but I feel like there might be confusion if they played that." Maybe, he has hearing problems. Or, is there a language barrier? Should I use my limited French?
Last edited by Confederate American SU on Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
★★========★★
==★★====★★==
====
★★★★====
==
★★====★★==
★★========★★

★No, it is not the South. SU stands for 'States and Unions'. The right acronym is RCAS. Please read the Factbook.★

A l b i o n
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby A l b i o n » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:55 am

Saturday 21st December
Imperātrix Aatoria,
& Her Guards

The Gristolian Imperium wrote:
A l b i o n wrote:Artoria carefully listened to the young lord, her eyes watching him and occasionally flickering to the guests that were nearest to them. "I am personally more for summer time and country gatherings rather than the usual high class balls one would assume a woman such as myself enjoys. Though I understand their importance, the styles of these sorts of events more remind me of continental Europae practices than anything of our society. Furthermore, carousing is not necessarily my ‘strong suit’ as the common folk say, thus further discouraging my appearance at most balls," the Imperātrix spoke before taking a sip of wine.

Lord Ed took note of the Empresses' lack of taste for busy gatherings. Oddly enough, based on the Earl encounters with the Imperial Family, it seem the nature of most rulers to prefer smaller, intimate settings. He guessed that was due to the forced inheritance of never being able to shy away from public encounters. Nonetheless, Lord Ed interjected, "Well, and forgive me for being brash, but there will always be an open invitation to visit my country estate, Cippenwood Park. I have been told I have some of the most beautiful gardens in all of the Isles. My grandmother and mother were avid gardeners and personally oversaw the planting of the rose gardens and orchard. And, at the high point of the Summer Season, the Ball I host during the days of the Fugue Feast are officially only second in splendor to the celebration held by the Emperor at Kaldwin Castle." Leaning in closer to the Empress, the Earl commented in a hushed tone, "Unofficially, the Emperor cannot even compete." Lord Ed could not help but grin at this point out of pride.

"I shall forward this invitation onto my personal secretary, to see if it can be fitted into my near future plans. As head of state I am a very busy woman and seldom have the pleasure of attending foreign gatherings with the exception of international meetings or diplomatic missions. I would be most pleased to see such gardens, though in all likelihood I must assign one of my subordinates to represent me at the Ball." Artoria mentally took more of Lord Ed’s description and invitation, leaving it to be fully addressed at another time.

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
From the corner of their eyes, a young blonde in a white mess-dress uniform with crimson piping sporting a sharply reflective silver trey populated with a variety of bite-sized delicacies and shining wine glasses approached uninvited. He spoke, with a slightly tilted head in a smooth French-Canadian accent,

The Gristolian Imperium wrote:Slightly caught off guard by the arrival of the waiter, Lord Ed responded, "What? Oh, did you say a vintage from 1987? Oh, how delightful!" Though, noticing the arrival of the Empresses' companions, with one motioning a glass of wine towards him, he knew he had to decline the young man's offer. The first strike would be to have two glasses of wine at once. The second strike, and far more rude, would be to decline a glass of wine fetched by the Empresses' guard.

"For the moment, I fear I must decline. I will," the Earl said enthusiastically, "gladly accept a snack. And, you said there is smoked meats? The void only knows how much weight one can gain during the social season. I swear I nearly gained ten pounds last time I was summoned to the Imperial Court." Glancing once more at waiter, for he was quite a handsome blonde man, the Earl turned back to the Empress, ignoring the waiter's follow-up question.

Artoria looked to her half empty glass of wine and chose to finish it before having anything else. "I shall have one of these snacks, I am feeling rather peckish at this moment," she spoke with a pleasant smile on her face. Artoria’s guardsman politely handed the glass of wine he had fetched on the empress’s order to the Earl, retaking his place next to Her Most Augustness.

The Gristolian Imperium wrote:"And, that is why I agree that we must not ask what stagnation our nations might face in terms of isolation, but what wealth and knowledge we can gain from potential international exploits. I mean," the young lord began as he crossed his right leg over his left, "my dear friends in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry tell me we have gained more profit in international trade in the last five years than any colonial exploit in the last ten years. Now, there are those who are pushing for an increase in colonial exploits to secure our stalling economy, but we must look outward in this era."

As the guardsman arrived, extending the glass of wine to the Earl, he was displeased for a moment wishing he had taken the 1987 Sauvignon Blanc. As Artoria and the guardsman spoke, the young lord wondered what they were saying. Being hopelessly poor at languages, and only learning to speak poor French during his European travels, the couple could be discussing anything. The weather perhaps? Or, their opinions on this foreigner sitting before them? Still, if wine was good for anything else but taste, it was loosing the lips of everyone: industrialists, models, dukes and even empresses.

Raising his glass to the Empress, the Earl announced to her, "If I may, Your Imperial Majesty, let me propose a toast. To the prosperity of both our great nations in this era of international growth and," the young lord gave Artoria a brief, charismatic wink, "imperial rectification!"

Artoria’s eyes returned to the young lord and she smiled. "To prosperity and imperial rectification!" She said rather lightly, her face welcoming as the two toasted. Artoria’s guardsmen meanwhile watched the ballroom, keeping an eye on everything and everyone. Artoria’s paranoia remained in effect though very slightly filled by her enjoyment of this conversation and wine.

21 July AD 1921
| The Herald :

Hanvaria
Attaché

Founded: Dec 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanvaria » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:07 am

Front of Montreal City Hall, December 22

Ipa's motorcade pulled up to the hall, with over 150 patrol cars around the limousine. He stepped out of the limo with his 10 bodyguards. He was a day late due to a radio interview with the Montreal Press the day before. Walking to the hall, he entered the ballroom, seeing all the people. It was going to be awesome.

Hanoverian Great Britain
Envoy

Founded: Nov 20, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hanoverian Great Britain » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:48 am

Hanvaria wrote:Front of Montreal City Hall, December 22

Ipa's motorcade pulled up to the hall, with over 150 patrol cars around the limousine. He stepped out of the limo with his 10 bodyguards. He was a day late due to a radio interview with the Montreal Press the day before. Walking to the hall, he entered the ballroom, seeing all the people. It was going to be awesome.

As Alexandra was leisurely taking her time in walking around the ballroom interior, her eyes came to catch a sight of a slightly taller, Caucasian-like man with a well-styled hair. Seeing the man had just seemingly arrived, she believed that the former might need someone to talk to. After a few seconds through the heaps of crowds around her, she soon came to approach and present herself infront of him, who's also guarded by around 10 of his bodyguards.

"Greetings gentlemen, I'm Alexandra Lauren Elizabeth William Hanover", introduced herself in her natural posh English accent before taking a short pause and directing her attention to the Caucasian-looking person. "And you are? I believe that we haven't met before".
Last edited by Hanoverian Great Britain on Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
United Kingdom of Great Britain, Hanover, and Northern Ireland
"By God and By the People"
HM ALEXANDRA

The Gristolian Imperium
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Gristolian Imperium » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:01 am

Grande Ballroom

A l b i o n wrote:"I shall forward this invitation onto my personal secretary, to see if it can be fitted into my near future plans. As head of state I am a very busy woman and seldom have the pleasure of attending foreign gatherings with the exception of international meetings or diplomatic missions. I would be most pleased to see such gardens, though in all likelihood I must assign one of my subordinates to represent me at the Ball." Artoria mentally took more of Lord Ed’s description and invitation, leaving it to be fully addressed at another time.

"Of course," Lord Ed responded as he nodded slowly. To receive Artoria personally would, in most cases, be impossible, but to host a representative of the Empress would still be well received in high society.

A l b i o n wrote:Artoria’s eyes returned to the young lord and she smiled. "To prosperity and imperial rectification!" She said rather lightly, her face welcoming as the two toasted. Artoria’s guardsmen meanwhile watched the ballroom, keeping an eye on everything and everyone. Artoria’s paranoia remained in effect though very slightly filled by her enjoyment of this conversation and wine.

Until this point, the Empress was surely great company. With many similar opinions, making her acquaintance was an honor. Regardless, talking to a monarch was always a delicate art. One must balance the interest of the subject, in order not to be seen as a bore, with also an awareness of the time as to not keep the head of state captive. Lord Ed thought it was time to go. There would always be more time in the coming days.

Slowly, the Earl rose and gave the Empress a bow while announcing, "It has been an absolute pleasure meeting with Your Most Augustness. Though, I must now depart to allow others to speak to you. I hope to see you in the following days, and wish you a joyous evening." Briefly bowing once more before the Empress and her guards, the Earl walked off. Searching for the dinner-bar, the young lord found it time he get some smoked meat and another drink. Arriving to the bar, he waived down a waiter to order.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:26 pm

Lux Pulchrae wrote:“Cecile, follow me. We’re gonna go meet someone.” she did as he asked and they both headed to greet the man. Approaching him with friendly faces “Bonsoir Monsiuer Lagare. I do not believe we’ve met formally yet but I’m sure we both know each other very well otherwise so no introductions are needed. But as a gentleman, may I introduce my lovely date Cecile Marie.

She bowed her head lightly “Bonsoir Monsier. Pleasure to meet you. You have a lovely city under your watch.

The Montreal Winter Ball

December 21, 2019 - 7:00 PM

In a second, Lagare's face went through the six stages of grief before returning to his charismatic state. He stepped backwards and his eyes immediately darted for a waiter to flag down. Another second passed for Lagare to regain his composure.

"Ah, qui, Bonsoir Monsieur et Madame. Marie, et d'Angeli, c'est un plaisir de vous rencontrer. The pleasure is all mine."

As Lagare gave a blank smile, he assertively took the hand of Marie as Romalov marshalled the orchestra into Vivaldi's Concerto. Lagare raised Cecile's hand to his chest and said,

"Oh, Madame Marie, t'es ben chi. Votre robe, c’est trendy au boutte."

Lagare, his Napoleonic Hat having been rested aside revealing one of three French holsters in the ballroom, returned Cecile's hand without further incident.

"I am certainly glad you both could be here tonight."
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates