NATION

PASSWORD

Al-Saranidi Army Officers’ Academy(IC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Democratic Exodian Territories
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:38 am

/tag for reading
An early-PMT island-archipelago nation in the Gulf of Mexico with right-libertarian and neoconservative tendencies. Born on memes and guns by the British and Spanish but built for something deeper.
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
Only NS official Policy, Government, Economy stats used
FACTBOOKS ARE NOT CANON. Most forum posts are.
Angel's Alliance Founder.
#comeandtakeit
RBC News Channel, brought to you by Sapphire Systems Ltd:
| US President MacArthur doubles down on internal corruption | Aid sent to Nicaragua after Tropical Storm Marta | Stocks down 2 points |

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bolslania » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:40 am

Saranidia wrote:
Bolslania wrote:(Replying to all involved)

His eyes flicked to the Saranidian speaking out of line.

"You are correct,cadet, dueling is legal, but this was neither regulated nor dueling." Turning to the others.

"Now, what was going on here?" He said, his voice as cold and stern as rock.

“The Imperialist insulted me for being nice to the refugee girl, I demanded satisfaction IE either an apology or a duel, as a gentleman’s response, Captain!”
Said the cadet.

He turned to the "Imperialist"

"Is this true cadet?"

Chess Empire
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Chess Empire » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:16 am

Bolslania wrote:
Saranidia wrote:“The Imperialist insulted me for being nice to the refugee girl, I demanded satisfaction IE either an apology or a duel, as a gentleman’s response, Captain!”
Said the cadet.

"Is this true cadet?"

Otulissa could not keep her silence any longer.

"Negative, captain. That man-" she gestured to the Saranidian. "Decided to call me 'sweetie'. I am not his beau or his daughter and was completely and utterly disgusted by his choice of words. In fact, since the Lieutenant Coliman seems to lack a sword, I offer to either loan my own or to fight on his behalf, if he wishes to duel."

Saranidia
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:23 am

Chess Empire wrote:
Bolslania wrote:

"Is this true cadet?"

"Negative, captain. That man-" she gestured to the Saranidian. "Decided to call me 'sweetie'. I am not his beau or his daughter and was completely and utterly disgusted by his choice of words. In fact, since the Lieutenant Coliman seems to lack a sword, I offer to either loan my own or to fight on his behalf, if he wishes to duel."

“Duels only allow fencing epees in saranidia, we draw blood from the opponents arm not kill them, comrade,
He is welcome to pick one of mine.” said the cadet to Otulissa.
Mostly represents my views but what I think a Middle Eastern nation should do which will be sometimes different to what I think a western nation should do(because the people have different needs in different places)

Vote Lisa Nandy

Copy this into your sig if you know sex and gender are different and did not fail biology.

RIP grandpa kitchen

Empire Occupied Terra
Secretary

Founded: Nov 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire Occupied Terra » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:46 am

"With your permission to speak, captain?" Jag would enquire, only half . "As per custom of Imperial Law, the offended party, and the party who drew first injury should be the sole combatants." he would eye the Saranidian cadet. "That is, if the party in question has no objection about combating a woman, who appears to be far better dressed and suitable for combat than a common "refugee"." He may flash a knowing smile to the femme féroce "I, sadly, am not quite as versed in dueling, and it would indeed be most dishonourable by Saranidia's...aged honour to not match strength for strength."

Saranidia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:22 pm

Empire Occupied Terra wrote:"With your permission to speak, captain?" Jag would enquire, only half . "As per custom of Imperial Law, the offended party, and the party who drew first injury should be the sole combatants." he would eye the Saranidian cadet. "That is, if the party in question has no objection about combating a woman, who appears to be far better dressed and suitable for combat than a common "refugee"." He may flash a knowing smile to the femme féroce "I, sadly, am not quite as versed in dueling, and it would indeed be most dishonourable by Saranidia's...aged honour to not match strength for strength."

“I am sure the cadet from the Chess Empire is even better at duelling than you and perhaps I,
However I could not bring myself to draw blood from a women except in the absolute necessity of self-Defence or the defence of my country.
I would be happy to wait until she has helped you further develop your duelling abilities if you wish.”
Mostly represents my views but what I think a Middle Eastern nation should do which will be sometimes different to what I think a western nation should do(because the people have different needs in different places)

Vote Lisa Nandy

Copy this into your sig if you know sex and gender are different and did not fail biology.

RIP grandpa kitchen

Saranidia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:40 pm

Chess Empire wrote:
Bolslania wrote:

"Is this true cadet?"

Otulissa is given a written order to attend Cultural Sensitivity Training

Vote Lisa Nandy

RIP grandpa kitchen

Chess Empire
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Chess Empire » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:43 pm

Saranidia wrote:
Chess Empire wrote:Otulissa could not keep her silence any longer.

Otulissa is given a written order to attend Cultural Sensitivity Training

With a sigh, Otulissa picked up her case and headed into the school building.

Upon finding the right classroom, she sat down and took out a single piece of parchment, an inkwell, and a quill.

Saranidia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:58 pm

Chess Empire wrote:
Saranidia wrote:Otulissa is given a written order to attend Cultural Sensitivity Training

Upon finding the right classroom, she sat down and took out a single piece of parchment, an inkwell, and a quill.

The instructor, a female officer in their late twenties or early thirties, welcomed here “as-salaam alaykum, I am Captain Khadijah Al-Awaqir. I am here to teach you about Al-Saranidi culture.

Vote Lisa Nandy

RIP grandpa kitchen

Empire Occupied Terra
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire Occupied Terra » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:33 pm

The Lieutenant however, would seem to follow the woman from the Chess Empire into the "Cultural Sensitivity Training Class", a class often seen as the butt of the jokes and circulated in the greater Empire as a mocking game of charades. Sadly, this was no childish game of make believe, but a seemingly irrelevant and pointless elective in what was to be an academy for war and destruction making.

Taking the seat conveniently next to the Chessian Cadet, Caliman pondered how best to carve his own legacy into this school, if this institution could even be called that.

Meanwhile, if the Bolslanian Captain or the Cadet had any further business to bestow upon the Lieutenant, or enquire about the Emperor's presence here, they may take it up with Caliman's formal attache. The Mandalorian sergeant would wander or attend the preliminary classes of what he was trained to do.

Saranidia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:36 pm

Chess Empire wrote:
Saranidia wrote:Otulissa is given a written order to attend Cultural Sensitivity Training

“In Saranidia gentlemen are protective of ladies.
They are often addressed with affectionate terms such as ‘sister’ or ‘sweetie’ to show the care men have for them.”

Vote Lisa Nandy

RIP grandpa kitchen

Empire Occupied Terra
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire Occupied Terra » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:16 pm

Saranidia wrote:
Chess Empire wrote:With a sigh, Otulissa picked up her case and headed into the school building.

“In Saranidia gentlemen are protective of ladies.
They are often addressed with affectionate terms such as ‘sister’ or ‘sweetie’ to show the care men have for them.”

Caliman would raise his hand and ask, "Are women incapable or disallowed from self defense in Saranidia?" The question was blunt and directed straight at the crux of the matter, one that would either make the cadet he encountered earlier a shockingly dim man who somehow entered the academy...or the entire land maddened and twisted with incorrigible double-standards, incapable of benefitting the Imperial Order in any way.

Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium
Envoy

Founded: Jan 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:18 pm

The Sergeant-Major had been walking through the Academy for some time trying to make it to the Infantry Tactics class. Being distracted with the almost-duel that occurred a while ago. But now he had finally made it to the class he was told to go to, giving a salute to the teacher he assumed. He also speaks to the teacher saying " Sir, I must apologize if I am late coming here, I got a little lost coming."

(OOC: I completely forgot about this and I'm only now coming back. So sorry about that)
Note: Many factbooks are in a constant state of WIP or being considered for entire rework or deletion

Welcome to The Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium, a nation where I brutalize and adapt Latin and French History to my needs to get my Ultraroyalist Absolutist French Monarchy with a vaguely French-sounding fictional royal family to work.

Don't ask about the flag, it has something to do with RMB RP that I'm involved with.
Leader * Overview[Perpetual WIP] * Military * Ask me questitons

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 14, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:58 pm

There are two Arab men. One of them looks relatively young, and he is dressed in a simple white thawb. On his head is a purple Keffiyeh. He has a sword slung in a baldric, a dagger tucked into his belt and a pistol in a holster. He has facial hair like Ertuğrul from Diriliş: Ertuğrul. The other man, who looks older, is wearing a thawb and over it, a black Bisht with gold stripes. He wears a white Keffiyeh kept in place with gold ropes. He has no visible weapons on him. He has a long, gray beard, and he walks with a simple cane.

The two men arrive at the Academy. There, a guard steps out and greets them in Arabic.

"Peace be upon you," the guard says.

"And upon you be peace," the younger man replies.

"I assume you're here for the Officer's Academy?"

"Well yes, but actually no. We'd like to speak to the guy in charge. Can you take us to him?"

"No problem. Come with me, but first, give me your weapons."

The younger man hands him his gun, sword, and dagger, and the guard leads the two of them inside.
Last edited by Ard al Islam on Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Saranidia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:40 am

Empire Occupied Terra wrote:
Saranidia wrote:“In Saranidia gentlemen are protective of ladies.

Caliman would raise his hand and ask, "Are women incapable or disallowed from self defense in Saranidia?" The question was blunt and directed straight at the crux of the matter, one that would either make the cadet he encountered earlier a shockingly dim man who somehow entered the academy...or the entire land maddened and twisted with incorrigible double-standards, incapable of benefitting the Imperial Order in any way.

“Women are allowed to defend themselves but due to male chivalry seldom need to.”

Vote Lisa Nandy

RIP grandpa kitchen

Gopnikea
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Gopnikea » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:59 am

Spetson arrives at the academy and heads to Infantry Tactics Class.
“Please forgive me if I’m late, I hope I’m on time.”

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:20 pm

The guard leads the men inside, to a waiting room. On the walls is Arabic calligraphy. The men speak in Arabic.

"You can wait here. I'll call for the headmaster."

This time the older man speaks. "Thank you. Take your time, we can wait."

The guard leaves and the men are left in the room. When the coast is clear, they begin speaking in Persian.

"Brief me again on what your plan is," said the older man.

The younger man responded. "Oh, uncle, soon you'll forget your own children's names!"

The older man chuckled.

The younger man continued. "We are at the Al-Saranidi Army Officer's Academy, one of the most prestigious military schools in the Muslim world. Your 6 sons are, hopefully, going to enroll here, God willing. I want them trained to be the best soldiers as possible."

"My sons are already good warriors. Didn't they defeat the Krosnoviks?"

"The difference between good and great is like the difference between Abdul' Hakim and Ahbas."

"Don't say that!"

"It was nothing insulting. Abdul' Hakim is my friend, after all. The point is, I would like for my 6 foster brothers to be leaders in the army, and they need to be the best as possible. That's why we enrolled them here."

"What will they do here?"

"They will work on Judo. It's a type of Japanese martial art, which will make them better hand-to-hand fighters. They will also practice Fencing, which is a French sword-fighting style that's very different from our own style, which my brothers excel at. It's better to learn it all. They will also learn lots of military history, and they will play chess, which is less physical and a great mental exercise. They will learn to ride horses, which is a Sunnah, and they will also join the book club to enhance their literature and intelligence. Finally, the football team, to teach them camaraderie and competition. This workout will not be easy for them, but then again, neither is what we're planning."

"Very well," said the older man. "Now we will wait for the headmaster."

Saranidia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:08 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:The guard leads the men inside, to a waiting room. On the walls is Arabic calligraphy. The men speak in Arabic.

The guard leaves and the men are left in the room. When the coast is clear, they begin speaking in Persian.

The younger man responded. "Oh, uncle, soon you'll forget your own children's names!"

The older man chuckled.

The younger man continued. "We are at the Al-Saranidi Army Officer's Academy, one of the most prestigious military schools in the Muslim world. Your 6 sons are, hopefully, going to enroll here, God willing. I want them trained to be the best soldiers as possible."

"The difference between good and great is like the difference between Abdul' Hakim and Ahbas."

"Don't say that!"

"It was nothing insulting. Abdul' Hakim is my friend, after all. The point is, I would like for my 6 foster brothers to be leaders in the army, and they need to be the best as possible. That's why we enrolled them here."

"They will work on Judo. It's a type of Japanese martial art, which will make them better hand-to-hand fighters. They will also practice Fencing, which is a French sword-fighting style that's very different from our own style, which my brothers excel at. It's better to learn it all. They will also learn lots of military history, and they will play chess, which is less physical and a great mental exercise. They will learn to ride horses, which is a Sunnah, and they will also join the book club to enhance their literature and intelligence. Finally, the football team, to teach them camaraderie and competition. This workout will not be easy for them, but then again, neither is what we're planning."

The headmistress, a Colonel, greeted them with the traditional “as-salaam alaykum” before saying “I am in charge of this academy.”

Vote Lisa Nandy

RIP grandpa kitchen

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bolslania » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:37 pm

Hans watches the two go to the Cultural Sensitivity class and returns to his Armored Tactics class

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:50 pm

Saranidia wrote:
Ard al Islam wrote:The guard leads the men inside, to a waiting room. On the walls is Arabic calligraphy. The men speak in Arabic.

The older man chuckled.

"Don't say that!"

The headmistress, a Colonel, greeted them with the traditional “as-salaam alaykum” before saying “I am in charge of this academy.”

The younger man is quickly surprised to find that it isn't a headmaster, but a headmistress. The older man spoke to her in Arabic.

"And upon you be peace. I'd like to begin by introducing ourselves. My name is Hamza bin Abdul' Hamid. This is my nephew, Ibn Marwan. What is your name?"

Saranidia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:02 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:
Saranidia wrote:The headmistress, a Colonel, greeted them with the traditional “as-salaam alaykum” before saying “I am in charge of this academy.”

The younger man is quickly surprised to find that it isn't a headmaster, but a headmistress. The older man spoke to her in Arabic.

"And upon you be peace. I'd like to begin by introducing ourselves. My name is Hamza bin Abdul' Hamid. This is my nephew, Ibn Marwan. What is your name?"

“My name is Khadijah but I prefer to be addressed as Colonel, sister or ma’am” said the colonel.

Vote Lisa Nandy

RIP grandpa kitchen

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:08 pm

Saranidia wrote:
Ard al Islam wrote:

“My name is Khadijah but I prefer to be addressed as Colonel, sister or ma’am” said the colonel.

"My apologies," Hamza replied. "Colonel, I'd like to enroll my children in your Academy. It has come to my attention that this is a great school for junior officers. I have 6 sons: 3 20-year-olds and 3 19-year-olds. I assume your school works by per semester, 2 semesters a year?"

Saranidia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:10 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:
Saranidia wrote:

"My apologies," Hamza replied. "Colonel, I'd like to enroll my children in your Academy. It has come to my attention that this is a great school for junior officers. I have 6 sons: 3 20-year-olds and 3 19-year-olds. I assume your school works by per semester, 2 semesters a year?"

“It does.
I have seen your sons applications and they are accepted. She said”

Vote Lisa Nandy

RIP grandpa kitchen

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:15 pm

Saranidia wrote:
Ard al Islam wrote:

“It does.

"That's great," Hamza said. "How much will tuition cost, for things like housing, books, and food, in addition to the 7 extracurriculars they wish to take, per semester? Also, how long does the academy last? Four years, which is eight semesters?"

Saranidia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:25 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:
Saranidia wrote:“It does.

"That's great," Hamza said. "How much will tuition cost, for things like housing, books, and food, in addition to the 7 extracurriculars they wish to take, per semester? Also, how long does the academy last? Four years, which is eight semesters?"

“The academy lasts a year(but that is a very rigorous year),
Tuition is paid for by the Al-Saranidi government for citizens of Muslim countries as is the cost of extra-curriculars.
There are enough countries of other faiths to cover the costs.”

Vote Lisa Nandy

RIP grandpa kitchen

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates