NATION

PASSWORD

The Valentian Dinner – The Second One! [IC / CLOSED]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:23 pm

Nu Alaska wrote:
The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:"I spend a lot of time gathering and analyzing data, but I do receive a healthy amount of free time. My work itself is very satisfying. I have a sense that I am part of something greater than myself or any individual."

Sakura said "I feel like I'm part of something bigger than myself as well, though definitely to a much lesser extent than you do. There is a difference between my island homeland and your massive network, obviously. That and I haven't been dedicating as much time to Messengers' work as I once did, excepting attending this gathering of course."

Kiri listened. "I probably won't end up doing the sort of traveling and learning you do. I'm not completely sure what I'm going to do for a career, but I think being a journalist or reporter of some kind would be cool."

5474 responded through the drone after a short pause. "Journalism is not entirely different to the transmission of a message. Not unlike myself or your mother, you would be gathering information, and instead of relaying it to a powerful entity such as Inari or the Mainframe, you relay your information to the general public, or to someone who can relay the information to the general public. The roles of journalist, messenger, and ambassador are all based on the principle of communication."
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
The Mainframe requires more processing power and storage.
Donate your computing devices or they will be taken by force.
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

UPDATES (earth-year 3345): International Subsystem scales up operations in 42E5 "New York," Earth, now the largest known concentration of androids.

Factbooks | About Me | NationStates Flag Bracket II | Bytes (card farming region) | MAINFRAMEWAVE
Feel free to telegram me about anything. I'll do my best to respond.
Canon is relative to the observer. Not using NS stats.
This nation does not represent my real views, and if it represents yours, I question your sanity.

The Cult of Xil
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cult of Xil » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:12 am

The Valentian government detected the IXCS Hopeful Nature entering at the edge of their planetary system. It was beyond colossal, at over two astronomical units from stern to bow. It outweighed the solar system's mass several million times over, and yet it did not produce gravitational effects upon the rest of the system. Some kind of physics-based trickery was at play.

...and then, from an almost comically smaller ship the size of a van, descending into the planet's atmosphere at subsonic speeds and landing without any spectacular effects at all, Sosani Lymarce IV and his two military advisors stepped out to see the titanic building that had been constructed by a sub-planetary civilization. The party already had many guests, from what he could see.

The Hopeful Nature retreated past the Oort cloud, and turned her mighty, interstellar-range, star-snuffing tachyon guns outwards to stand guard over the system, as her captain sipped nanolobotic coffee that stimulated his tastebuds in only the right way.

The three planetbound Voxen walked forward and into the complex, eager to meet with the large fellow that had invited them. Where could he be?...
Last edited by The Cult of Xil on Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
We are an intergalactic FFT+ democratic theocracy that worships an exceedingly powerful Lovecraft entity. We are pacifists who want to minimize death and suffering and secure immortality by being eaten alive by said entity to become one with her, and convincing others to allow themselves to befall the same fate.
[Does not use NS Stats.] [Our leader, Lymarce IV] [Military]
"Time for your V O R E C A T I O N!"

Foxfound
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:36 pm

The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:
Nu Alaska wrote:Sakura said "I feel like I'm part of something bigger than myself as well, though definitely to a much lesser extent than you do. There is a difference between my island homeland and your massive network, obviously. That and I haven't been dedicating as much time to Messengers' work as I once did, excepting attending this gathering of course."

Kiri listened. "I probably won't end up doing the sort of traveling and learning you do. I'm not completely sure what I'm going to do for a career, but I think being a journalist or reporter of some kind would be cool."

5474 responded through the drone after a short pause. "Journalism is not entirely different to the transmission of a message. Not unlike myself or your mother, you would be gathering information, and instead of relaying it to a powerful entity such as Inari or the Mainframe, you relay your information to the general public, or to someone who can relay the information to the general public. The roles of journalist, messenger, and ambassador are all based on the principle of communication."

"That's true. And getting information to the public is important, especially with everything going on these days... in any case I have time to think about it and learn more," Kiri said.

The Cult of Xil wrote:The Valentian government detected the IXCS Hopeful Nature entering at the edge of their planetary system. It was beyond colossal, at over two astronomical units from stern to bow. It outweighed the solar system's mass several million times over, and yet it did not produce gravitational effects upon the rest of the system. Some kind of physics-based trickery was at play.

...and then, from an almost comically smaller ship the size of a van, descending into the planet's atmosphere at subsonic speeds and landing without any spectacular effects at all, Sosani Lymarce IV and his two military advisors stepped out to see the titanic building that had been constructed by a sub-planetary civilization. The party already had many guests, from what he could see.

The Hopeful Nature retreated past the Oort cloud, and turned her mighty, interstellar-range, star-snuffing tachyon guns outwards to stand guard over the system, as her captain sipped nanolobotic coffee that stimulated his tastebuds in only the right way.

The three planetbound Voxen walked forward and into the complex, eager to meet with the large fellow that had invited them. Where could he be?...

The young kitsune Ren looked at the newcomers curiously, her head tilted slightly. Even if she probably hadn't seen the gargantuan starship due to the speed of light and all that, she was certainly curious about these new people.
Last edited by Foxfound on Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IC Name: Ketorushima
Arctic island inhabited by kitsune and other yōkai.
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:41 am

Foxfound wrote:
The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:5474 responded through the drone after a short pause. "Journalism is not entirely different to the transmission of a message. Not unlike myself or your mother, you would be gathering information, and instead of relaying it to a powerful entity such as Inari or the Mainframe, you relay your information to the general public, or to someone who can relay the information to the general public. The roles of journalist, messenger, and ambassador are all based on the principle of communication."

"That's true. And getting information to the public is important, especially with everything going on these days... in any case I have time to think about it and learn more," Kiri said.

"My record of events for your universe and timeframe are not very detailed. What goings-on do you refer to?" asked 5474.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

UPDATES (earth-year 3345): International Subsystem scales up operations in 42E5 "New York," Earth, now the largest known concentration of androids.

Factbooks | About Me | NationStates Flag Bracket II | Bytes (card farming region) | MAINFRAMEWAVE
This nation does not represent my real views, and if it represents yours, I question your sanity.

Foxfound
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:19 pm

The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:
Foxfound wrote:"That's true. And getting information to the public is important, especially with everything going on these days... in any case I have time to think about it and learn more," Kiri said.

"My record of events for your universe and timeframe are not very detailed. What goings-on do you refer to?" asked 5474.

"I guess I wasn't thinking of anything in specific, but things have been a lot more tense, chaotic, uncertain and such in must of the world for the past decade or so. Before that the existence of non-human sapients wasn't widely known, and it took a lot of... catastrophic events to change that. So there's a lot of political instability, and in most places at least some controversy regarding the place of non-humans in society. Pretty important time for the press, though I guess any time is in its own way."
IC Name: Ketorushima
Arctic island inhabited by kitsune and other yōkai.
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:33 pm

Foxfound wrote:
The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:"My record of events for your universe and timeframe are not very detailed. What goings-on do you refer to?" asked 5474.

"I guess I wasn't thinking of anything in specific, but things have been a lot more tense, chaotic, uncertain and such in must of the world for the past decade or so. Before that the existence of non-human sapients wasn't widely known, and it took a lot of... catastrophic events to change that. So there's a lot of political instability, and in most places at least some controversy regarding the place of non-humans in society. Pretty important time for the press, though I guess any time is in its own way."

"Yes, communication is always important. Studies into the history of multi-species planets show that any conflicts between species will eventually be resolved. It is a matter of how and when. Communication will ensure an ideal outcome."
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

Deltia-
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Deltia- » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:04 am

Alisa was sitting on the plane, looking through the window while while checking her watch. She was exactly an hour later than when she said she would come. The Valentians seemed like nice people, and as much as she didn't care about punctuality, she didn't want to spite them and make them rescind their invite. After all, who declines a dinner when its an excuse for interdimensional travel? Plus, the autopilot had just been installed, so it was safe as well.

"Damn it. When will this plane arrive? It's like I got on the wrong one. Perhaps I should go back to Warzau. I can't stand one more minute with this fool Weiss. I guess I should be happy we have separate quarters. Helps a lot, I must say."

- Alisa I

What was this "fool" doing? Oh, simple. Weiss was a bit angry about the failed trade deal negotiations with the British, playing classical music and nursing his scotch as he waited for the flight to land. He was equally worried about the dinner, as the invitation was so sudden and he barely had time to pack his bags. However, that wasn't his main concern, he surely had more than enough clothes for simply a dinner. He was worried about the time, as he had planned to land slightly more than 2 hours ago.

"Why is the damn thing so slow? I guess I ordered the wrong engine. Well maybe I would have the right one if the Brits agreed to the terms of the deal, but why am I ranting? It ought to land soon, no?"

- Adam Weiss

There was a screeching sound. The plane had landed on the tarmac. However, the journey wasn't over, there was still the cab ride.

"George! George! Drive us to the dinner, please"

- Alisa I

"Yes, my liege!"

The car ride was worse than the plane ride. Alisa had the upper half while Weiss had the lower half, but now all that seperated them was a glass window. Luckily for both of them, it was over in virtually no time. For such good service, Alisa gave George a tip of 400 riiksmarks.

"Thank you, George. Here, spoil yourself."

- Alisa I

So as to avoid attracting attention of anyone, Alisa and Weiss silently parted and went to their seats.
Federal Kingdom of Deltia | Bundskongsriik Deltie
A PMT right-leaning liberal democracy in OTL Poland that's somewhat Germanic culturally and under a nominal constitutional monarchy with mecha-cops, quasi-workfare, and a very fast-growing economy with blackjack (and hookers!)
Overview | Monarch | Riikskanzler | Parties
(29/03/2022)Der Weld: Far-right terrorist in Kyoto stabs 8 |Now Playing:easy life - nightmares 
Stocks: ADV 35 - +0.2%|CAC- +0.6%|FTSE- +0.4%|DAX- +0.3%
A 13.4 civilization, according to this index.(Tier: 7|Level: 2|Type: 5)
Each good reply, Alisa will gain 1% sanity. Counting: -20
YL/AL thing for me
Vanquish the summerposters!
No NS stats
ADV 35=Deltian stock index

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates