NATION

PASSWORD

abolition of slavery conference | mt rp proposal

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Munkcestrian Republic
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

abolition of slavery conference | mt rp proposal

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:51 am

Munkchester has slaves. Some people don't like that.

But Munkchester has, in the past, stated that the abolition of slavery and an end to the slave trade is a possibility. Of course, everyone interfering would have to reimburse slave owners and traders not only for the cost of their slaves but also for the inconvenience and pay for all the (potential) (future) lost profits. So, that would cost a lot of money (a lot) and for some reason quite a few people don't want to pay up.

But maybe partial emancipation of some slaves can be agreed upon for a slightly less extreme price? Or, if enough nations offer to pay together, slavery and the slave trade could be abolished outright? So there could be a conference where all this could be sorted out. Of course, another nation would have to host the whole thing because hosting conferences costs money and Munkchester isn't going to pay for all that.

Not that slavery will actually be abolished as the result of the conference. The idea would be that the conference sort of gets interrupted around the third day (or something) by a terrorist attack aimed at the Munkcestrian delegation. Maybe the host nation is accused of involvement or implicated in the attack. Or maybe a nation attending the conference. Or maybe a nation that isn't attending the conference. Maybe you. think of the possibilities! think of the drama! think of the opportunity for a cool INTERNATIONAL event with SLAVERY and TERRORISM.

So, if you're interested, please voice your interest (!) and maybe add your thoughts?
Last edited by Munkcestrian Republic on Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
if you like my posts please make sure to downvote my factbooks.
DON'T CLICK
"lmao child you come into MY region"
no, this nation does not represent my
views. i cannot believe i have to clarify this

for RPers
my views explained

Imperium Texanum
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperium Texanum » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:54 pm

I'd certainly be open to the idea. Texas has had a long history of slavery, and Imperator Greg Augustus Abbott XIX would be amenable to discussion regarding the matter.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:58 pm

New-Quebec offers to host the conference as a neutral party with no official stance on slavery.
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Munkcestrian Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:05 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:New-Quebec offers to host the conference as a neutral party with no official stance on slavery.

Well, this is an OOC thread. Let's see if anyone else is interested before any decisions are made - and, well, your nation has expressed its support for slavery in the past, so not really?
DON'T CLICK

for RPers
my views explained

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:06 pm

Munkcestrian Republic wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:New-Quebec offers to host the conference as a neutral party with no official stance on slavery.

Well, this is an OOC thread. Let's see if anyone else is interested before any decisions are made - and, well, your nation has expressed its support for slavery in the past, so not really?

When have we? We've only supported Munkcestrian sovereignty to choose to engage in slavery. Additionally, we've only been observers in your alliance.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

The Great Imperator Jeffrey
Envoy

Founded: Jun 23, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Great Imperator Jeffrey » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:08 pm

Hello silly primitives. No, I will not emancipate any of my slaves. Goodbye now.
The Imperium is ruled by God-Imperator Jeffrey the Conqueror of Universes, Rightful Ruler of All, and Supreme Leader for All Eternity. The God-Imperator has control over a significant portion of the multiverse. Everyone is oppressed.
A Class 0.143 Civilization according to this index.
(Tier: 14 Type: 14)

Technology Level: FFT
Alignment: Lawful Evil
NS stats are a conspiracy against me.

HAIL THE IMPERATOR!

The Ether Corporation
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ether Corporation » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:09 pm

The Ether Corporation would like to join the conference on the opposing side, Pro-Slavery. During the ‘supposed’ conferenced we’d just be throwing examples of how slavery benefits its host country.

Munkcestrian Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:11 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Munkcestrian Republic wrote:Well, this is an OOC thread. Let's see if anyone else is interested before any decisions are made - and, well, your nation has expressed its support for slavery in the past, so not really?

When have we? We've only supported Munkcestrian sovereignty to choose to engage in slavery. Additionally, we've only been observers in your alliance.

Still, not exactly neutral.

The Great Imperator Jeffrey wrote:Hello silly primitives. No, I will not emancipate any of my slaves. Goodbye now.

This isn't about emancipating any of your slaves.
DON'T CLICK

for RPers
my views explained

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:13 pm

Munkcestrian Republic wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:When have we? We've only supported Munkcestrian sovereignty to choose to engage in slavery. Additionally, we've only been observers in your alliance.

Still, not exactly neutral.

your call
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Munkcestrian Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:18 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Munkcestrian Republic wrote:Still, not exactly neutral.

your call

well, as I said, let's see if anyone else is interested before any decisions are made.
DON'T CLICK

for RPers
my views explained

Munkcestrian Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:23 pm

The Ether Corporation wrote:The Ether Corporation would like to join the conference on the opposing side, Pro-Slavery. During the ‘supposed’ conferenced we’d just be throwing examples of how slavery benefits its host country.

This would be a modern-tech roleplay.
Last edited by Munkcestrian Republic on Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DON'T CLICK

for RPers
my views explained

The Ether Corporation
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Ether Corporation » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:26 pm

I could easily role play as the Ether Corporation before they decided to travel to the stars. That way I’ll still fit in the Modern Tech category. It’ll be like a mega corporation showing up at the conference with technology before they left for Mars. If that’s alright?
Last edited by The Ether Corporation on Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Munkcestrian Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:27 pm

The Ether Corporation wrote:I could easily role play as the Ether Corporation before they decided to travel to the stars. That way I’ll still fit in the Modern Tech category. It’ll be like a mega corporation showing up at the conference with technology before they left for Mars. If that’s alright?

I mean, I don't really know why a pro-slavery nation would be attending, but sure.
DON'T CLICK

for RPers
my views explained

The Ether Corporation
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Ether Corporation » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:35 pm

Easy, To convince other nations to stop the abolition of slavery from happening. Other slave nations will be affected by the loss of a potential trade partner in that category.

Munkcestrian Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:55 pm

275 views and only 4 people have posted >:( :(
DON'T CLICK

for RPers
my views explained

Munkcestrian Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:49 am

possible hosts (will be updated if/as more people voice interest (in hosting))

Nouveau Quebecois
Albennia (Everley Conference) - neighbour of Munkchester, see history
Last edited by Munkcestrian Republic on Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
DON'T CLICK

for RPers
my views explained

Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:44 am

OFFICIAL STATEMENT OF THE PALMYRIAN GOVERNMENT
Opisyal na Pahayag ng Pamahalaan ng Palmyria

The Palmyrian government has last declared a state of war between Munkcester and Palmyrion on September 2019 as a last warning to the Munkcestrian nation. Our statement is simple: abolish slavery, or face open warfare.

I hope you do consider the abolition of chattel slavery and cease and desist state sponsorship of such a vile crime as both a grave violation of human rights and as an unsustainable economic policy in the long run.

Sincerely yours,

Lakambini Elizabeth the Commoner
Sovereign Monarch and Head of State
Royal Palmyrian Commonwealth
__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

Munkcestrian Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:06 am

Palmyrion wrote:

The Palmyrian government has last declared a state of war between Munkcester and Palmyrion on September 2019 as a last warning to the Munkcestrian nation. Our statement is simple: abolish slavery, or face open warfare.

I hope you do consider the abolition of chattel slavery and cease and desist state sponsorship of such a vile crime as both a grave violation of human rights and as an unsustainable economic policy in the long run.

Sincerely yours,

not really the place but ok thanks for telling me
DON'T CLICK

for RPers
my views explained

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:58 am

Palmyrion wrote:

Sincerely yours,

k
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

South Acren
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby South Acren » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:07 pm

This has me interested, seeing the fact my nation is open about using slaves. Maybe this could help the reformation of SA so i shall continue to keep an eye on this. An abolition to slavery seems like a good idea but until more evidence comes through my stance remains.
"Gott Mit Uns!"
.....begin transmission

Be not afraid. We now acknowledge your existence. You are now under protection of The Eternal Empire. We will guard you with our lives forevermore. Pray you never give us a reason to revoke it.
Imperium Aeterna, Empire Eternal

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:49 pm

Velstrania would be happy to host the conference. According to the prophet Nierra, slavery is a violation of the right of the will, and so Velstrania would be more than happy to help you abolish it.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Duhon
Senator

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:18 am

The kami will certainly look into sending representatives who will encourage the Munkcestrians (or whatever the denonym is for the OP) not only to abolish slavery and free all slaves from their owners, but to ensure equal rights (and access to those rights) to all ex-slaves and their progeny.

(But host it? Oh nooooooooo --)
Last edited by Duhon on Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tornado Queendom
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2016
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Tornado Queendom » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:51 pm

If you want to abolish slavery, then you might as well give them all to us. Besides, they can be great for our plan for becoming a universal economic powerhouse.
UNDER ECONOMIC MARTIAL LAW (Communism)
The craziest schizo on NationStates. National Trotskyism is my ideology.
Enron Did Nothing Wrong
Stay Home™
There are three genders: Male, Female, and Spam. I respect your opinion if you think otherwise.
Epstein Didn't Kill Himself™
The future will not look like the Jetsons, it will look like Mutant Rampage BodySlam.

Empathicfroever
Civilian

Founded: Oct 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Empathicfroever » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:55 pm

good idea

Empire of Ur
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Ur » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:23 pm

The Empire of Ur has already banned slavery and the slave trade and would not be willing to force outher nations to abolish slavery outright. But We are willing to help rid the worst parts of slavery from the world. Rascist, imperialist and abusive slavery included.
Pronouns: she/her

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates