NATION

PASSWORD

The Valentian Dinner – The Second One! [OOC / CLOSED]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Wattamolla
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Wattamolla » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:15 pm

sorry for not responding yet i've been having a pretty busy start of the week! i should have something for you this afternoon (australian time)

Democratic Exodian Territories
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:18 pm

Oh, screw it, looks like I'm interested.
An early-PMT island-archipelago nation in the Gulf of Mexico with right-libertarian and neoconservative tendencies. Born on memes and guns by the British and Spanish but built for something deeper.
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
Only NS official Policy, Government, Economy stats used
FACTBOOKS ARE NOT CANON. Most forum posts are.
Angel's Alliance Founder.
#comeandtakeit
RBC News Channel, brought to you by Sapphire Systems Ltd:
| US President MacArthur doubles down on internal corruption | Aid sent to Nicaragua after Tropical Storm Marta | Stocks down 2 points |

Nuibac
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuibac » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:30 pm

ICly nation name: Nuibac
A little overview about your nation: Nuibac is a nation that assumes the place of New Zealand. It’s government is defined as a ‘Architocracy’; a government by builders and architects. Nuibac is inhabited entirely by a species called, Qinnuns, a humanoid species known for their ephemeral lifespans (19 to 27 years) and superhuman learning capabilities. Despite the country’s isolationism and jingoistic attitude, international diplomacy is an uncommon yet cautious affair.
Main Person / Leader’s Full Name:
- (Formal / Full): NÁN DIAT WAÚ’N TAÉ DUÀH-DUÀH (lit. “Son of Meaning Interest Soft-Soft”; translated, “Son of Gentle Enthusiasm”)
- (Informal / Simple): WAÚ’N DUÀH
Main Person / Leader’s Biography: WAÚ’N DUÀH was born into a long family of riveters, whom were apart of the construction caste. Until his coming of age at five years old, WAÚ’N DUÀH became a very quiet yet industrious worker. As standard of any caste, he received basic education of only three years (other castes are either between two or five years) before he was sent to work as a skyscraper builder. Like his father, his grandfather, and many others before him, WAÚ’N DUÀH hammered rivets and laid down masonry; however, he would occasionally be reassigned to bridge building. But by the time he became a Qinnun adult at the age of five, his services would become recognized when he and thousands of workers would be ranked as one of the fastest and youngest workers in the country. For five more years, he would be assigned to numerous construction projects, often voluntarily fulfilling additional days of mandatory public service ... even though he didn’t need to. Before he knew it, he not only earned the Nuiban Iron Hammer (medal for hardwork), but the government also promoted him to the rank of ‘Master Builder’ at the age of seven years old. By the age of ten, he would find himself appointed by the government as the new representative minister of the construction caste. Now, a year into the standard two-year term, he becomes the chosen candidate to represent his people and country...
Names of Other Personnel (excluding bodyguards): NÙ’ DIAT FANG MAÓ’ SÌN (Appointed Xale-gendered Ambassador of Nuibac)
Number of Bodyguards (max 4): 1
Do you agree to abide by the rules, and understand that an offensive on the Valentian ground will potentially initiate a kick?: I, Nuibac, accept the rules and the responsibilities in my actions.
Last edited by Nuibac on Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:27 pm

I'm considering of replacing Barkeep with fourteen of my leader's children instead. That cool with you, Val?
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:38 pm

Atkemri wrote:I will need to make an app for the person mentioned in my first app right? Just making sure before I do anything with her.

App as in like an info thing? I suppose so, but if you already did an app previously, you can just add on a few details of interest, and that will be fine.

Wattamolla wrote:sorry for not responding yet i've been having a pretty busy start of the week! i should have something for you this afternoon (australian time)

Haha it's fine! I've been busy myself lately. ><

Democratic Exodian Territories wrote:Oh, screw it, looks like I'm interested.

I'll be happy to have you around if you are joining us. ^^

Nuibac wrote:-Snip-

Accepted, and welcome aboard!

A m e n r i a wrote:I'm considering of replacing Barkeep with fourteen of my leader's children instead. That cool with you, Val?

Wait, fourteen? I might need some evaluation on this as to how or why. Having a guest run a bar is fine and Germaine won't mind, but... Why the 14 kids?
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:12 am

Valentine Z wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:I'm considering of replacing Barkeep with fourteen of my leader's children instead. That cool with you, Val?

Wait, fourteen? I might need some evaluation on this as to how or why. Having a guest run a bar is fine and Germaine won't mind, but... Why the 14 kids?

Because the fifteenth is too young to come. Then again, his oldest sister could look after him. :p

For a more serious answer, I'm more enthusiastic about the Starchild Sorority than I am about The Cube and its owner. There's also the advantage of the different personalities they have so they can interact with different types of guests. Mind you though, while they are Tianshi's children, most of them are in their teens, with the oldest ones in their early twenties.
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.

Blodrike
Envoy

Founded: Sep 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Blodrike » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:43 am

Hi, hope I'm not too late to join!

ICly nation name: Blodrike
A little overview about your nation: A land of vampires, elves, fairies, dragons and other magical creatures, fleeing from Christian persecution in their homeland. Tech is Victorian-era (everything powered by steam) but we can travel through space using magic.
Main Person / Leader’s Full Name: Freya I of Blodrike (Frøya I. av Blodrike)
Main Person / Leader’s Biography: A 1139-year-old vampire, she is the founder and queen of Blodrike. Although beautiful and skilled at magic, she has an incredibly hard time getting her head around math and numbers. She is best friends with Countess Ambrosia von Carstein, one of the other attendees. Freya does not have any children, but she has a pet raven named Siri.
Names of Other Personnel (excluding bodyguards): Astrid, the queen's Chief Scientist (and one of her girlfriends). She has a pet owl named Googol.
Number of Bodyguards (max 4): 2
Do you agree to abide by the rules, and understand that an offensive on the Valentian ground will potentially initiate a kick? yes
~ THE BLOOD REALM ~
A secluded realm ruled over by the ancient and powerful Queen Freya, full of violent storms, treacherous landscapes and ferocious beasts. Abandon hope, all ye who enter here!
The Queen | Q&A | Nations & RP Info | Current RP
Tech is PT/FanT • Nation is just for fun • I do not use NS stats

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:00 am

Blodrike wrote:Hi, hope I'm not too late to join!

ICly nation name: Blodrike
A little overview about your nation: A land of vampires, elves, fairies, dragons and other magical creatures, fleeing from Christian persecution in their homeland. Tech is Victorian-era (everything powered by steam) but we can travel through space using magic.
Main Person / Leader’s Full Name: Freya I of Blodrike (Frøya I. av Blodrike)
Main Person / Leader’s Biography: A 1139-year-old vampire, she is the founder and queen of Blodrike. Although beautiful and skilled at magic, she has an incredibly hard time getting her head around math and numbers. She is best friends with Countess Ambrosia von Carstein, one of the other attendees. Freya does not have any children, but she has a pet raven named Siri.
Names of Other Personnel (excluding bodyguards): Astrid, the queen's Chief Scientist (and one of her girlfriends). She has a pet owl named Googol.
Number of Bodyguards (max 4): 2
Do you agree to abide by the rules, and understand that an offensive on the Valentian ground will potentially initiate a kick? yes

Accepted! Welcome! ^^
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:01 am

A m e n r i a wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:

Because the fifteenth is too young to come. Then again, his oldest sister could look after him. :p

For a more serious answer, I'm more enthusiastic about the Starchild Sorority than I am about The Cube and its owner. There's also the advantage of the different personalities they have so they can interact with different types of guests. Mind you though, while they are Tianshi's children, most of them are in their teens, with the oldest ones in their early twenties.

I mean, you can bring them in, I don't mind that. But to have them run the task of a barkeeper is something that is kinda unusual for guests that are new. So... I will have to put this on hold. They can come, but they can't take over anything, at least not yet.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:54 am

Valentine Z wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:

I mean, you can bring them in, I don't mind that. But to have them run the task of a barkeeper is something that is kinda unusual for guests that are new. So... I will have to put this on hold. They can come, but they can't take over anything, at least not yet.

I didn't mean them to run anything, I just want them to ocme as guests. :D

Nu Alaska
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 19, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nu Alaska » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:08 am

I think I'll have the leader from my previous nation Foxfound attend, since she actually has something written about her, along with a few characters from this nation. They're in the same timeline and everything so it should work.

Some of the factbooks for Foxfound might be outdated, but there is a brief up to date summary of it in this factbook.
The Federal Republic of Alaska

Nation that broke away from the US following a global supernatural cataclysm. Details still WIP, my writing hasn't been great lately.
In the same universe as Foxfound.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:47 am

A m e n r i a wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:I mean, you can bring them in, I don't mind that. But to have them run the task of a barkeeper is something that is kinda unusual for guests that are new. So... I will have to put this on hold. They can come, but they can't take over anything, at least not yet.

I didn't mean them to run anything, I just want them to ocme as guests. :D

Yeah, that will be fine as it is, no worries! ^^ Just that the idea of having them barkeep is a bit unusual, though not wrong.

You need to pay for broken glasses if the 14 of them mess up.

Nu Alaska wrote:I think I'll have the leader from my previous nation Foxfound attend, since she actually has something written about her, along with a few characters from this nation. They're in the same timeline and everything so it should work.

Some of the factbooks for Foxfound might be outdated, but there is a brief up to date summary of it in this factbook.

No problem with that! I'm just glad to have you around as well. It's been a while. ^^
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Nu Alaska
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nu Alaska » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:20 am

Valentine Z wrote:
Nu Alaska wrote:I think I'll have the leader from my previous nation Foxfound attend, since she actually has something written about her, along with a few characters from this nation. They're in the same timeline and everything so it should work.

No problem with that! I'm just glad to have you around as well. It's been a while. ^^

Yeah. I haven't been on F7 much at all lately.

I'll have the app up sometime today.

Nation that broke away from the US following a global supernatural cataclysm. Details still WIP, my writing hasn't been great lately.

Nu Alaska
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nu Alaska » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:13 pm

ICly nation name: Ketorushima (often called Foxfound by foreigners)
A little overview about your nation: Small Siberian island mostly inhabited by kitsune. Currently ruled by a high priestess with a mental link to Inari, the kami the kitsune see as their creator. Only relatively recently began to adopt modern technology like cars, the internet etc.
Main Person / Leader’s Full Name: Mai Chie
Main Person / Leader’s Biography: The current High Priestess of Ketorushima, she is here to meet people from other countries and hopefully promote friendly relations with her homeland.
Names of Other Personnel (excluding bodyguards): Sakura Mori and her two children Kiri and Ren (see this factbook). Sakura is here because of her firsthand knowledge of human society, which might be helpful to Mai Chie. In the end, though, she's mostly here for her and her kids to have fun. These three currently live in Alaska, which broke off from the US some years ago.
Number of Bodyguards (max 4): None.
Do you agree to abide by the rules, and understand that an offensive on the Valentian ground will potentially initiate a kick? Aye

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:17 pm

Nu Alaska wrote:ICly nation name: Ketorushima (often called Foxfound by foreigners)
A little overview about your nation: Small Siberian island mostly inhabited by kitsune. Currently ruled by a high priestess with a mental link to Inari, the kami the kitsune see as their creator. Only relatively recently began to adopt modern technology like cars, the internet etc.
Main Person / Leader’s Full Name: Mai Chie
Main Person / Leader’s Biography: The current High Priestess of Ketorushima, she is here to meet people from other countries and hopefully promote friendly relations with her homeland.
Names of Other Personnel (excluding bodyguards): Sakura Mori and her two children Kiri and Ren (see this factbook). Sakura is here because of her firsthand knowledge of human society, which might be helpful to Mai Chie. In the end, though, she's mostly here for her and her kids to have fun. These three currently live in Alaska, which broke off from the US some years ago.
Number of Bodyguards (max 4): None.
Do you agree to abide by the rules, and understand that an offensive on the Valentian ground will potentially initiate a kick? Aye

Accepted! You are in! ^^
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Uvoan
Attaché

Founded: Apr 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Uvoan » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:36 pm

ICly nation name: The Kraterocracy of Uvoan
A little overview about your nation: A large island in the middle of the altantic, which does tend to dissolve into civil war whenever somebody important gets killed.
Main Person / Leader’s Full Name: Zkto' Zovban
Main Person / Leader’s Biography: Zkto' is aging ruler of the Uvoanian State...
Names of Other Personnel (excluding bodyguards): N/A
Number of Bodyguards (max 4): 0
Do you agree to abide by the rules, and understand that an offensive on the Valentian ground will potentially initiate a kick? Yes.

VOROAN NEWS FLASH | Accident in Asteroid Colony O'neil kills 179 - 740+ Wounded. More news to follow, stay tuned to this channel! | Inaugural run of the 'Horseman' Super-Armored Set 'Earthquake' concludes today. | The Inevitable Truth? Military commander calls for Zkto' to make plans for his inevitable death, and the transfer of power. More on this situation as it unfolds. |

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:43 pm

I also forget to mention that this happens in 2045 for Valentine Z, which canonically is a few days / one week after NSSCRA 8.

Valentine Z is currently in 2076, but this party was in 2045, which means Mars was not colonized yet.

Uvoan wrote:ICly nation name: The Kraterocracy of Uvoan
A little overview about your nation: A large island in the middle of the altantic, which does tend to dissolve into civil war whenever somebody important gets killed.
Main Person / Leader’s Full Name: Zkto' Zovban
Main Person / Leader’s Biography: Zkto' is aging ruler of the Uvoanian State...
Names of Other Personnel (excluding bodyguards): N/A
Number of Bodyguards (max 4): 0
Do you agree to abide by the rules, and understand that an offensive on the Valentian ground will potentially initiate a kick? Yes.

Accepted! Welcome aboard!
Last edited by Valentine Z on Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Nu Alaska
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nu Alaska » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:17 pm

Valentine Z wrote:I also forget to mention that this happens in 2045 for Valentine Z, which canonically is a few days / one week after NSSCRA 8.

Valentine Z is currently in 2076, but this party was in 2045, which means Mars was not colonized yet.

Noted. My world is currently in 2032 just for reference, but that probably won't end up being very relevant.

Karevka
Envoy

Founded: Jan 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Karevka » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:00 pm

Val when is your IC post?

The Rapture Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rapture Republic » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:04 pm

Karevka wrote:Val when is your IC post?

Rapture City

• In the underwater city, two roles have emerged from the City's ongoing civil war: the City Monitors who defend the peace and the Red Caps who fight against unjust systems. The city's infrastructure is crumbling under its own weight and kinship is snuffed by the paranoia of totalitarianism. Yet the people would be in for a surprise as their virtual overlord have died many years ago as the oppression continues under his name...
  • Not an 1-1 exact replica of Bioshock lore and Rapture City. Only the city's atmosphere and setting is maintained.

Blodrike
Envoy

Founded: Sep 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Blodrike » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:15 pm

Valentine Z wrote:I also forget to mention that this happens in 2045 for Valentine Z, which canonically is a few days / one week after NSSCRA 8.

Blodrike is currently in the year 994, so this event would be in 963. Not much has changed for us in those 31 years.
~ THE BLOOD REALM ~
A secluded realm ruled over by the ancient and powerful Queen Freya, full of violent storms, treacherous landscapes and ferocious beasts. Abandon hope, all ye who enter here!
The Queen | Q&A | Nations & RP Info | Current RP
Tech is PT/FanT • Nation is just for fun • I do not use NS stats

Bloodshade
Diplomat

Founded: May 28, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bloodshade » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:20 pm

The Rapture Republic wrote:

Give Val time. He's got to reply to a lot of people and move the party to the next stage so it's not going to take a couple of seconds.
An interstellar civilization that survived the self-induced destruction of its now long-gone homeworld and is trying to live the good life, all the while avoiding getting its ass kicked around.
Bloodshade Broadcasting Company| Actually re-writing my lore, I should't be on the forums but I am | Updated my video game screenshots, features Planet Zoo and Warhammer 2 | I need sleep but sleep doesn't need me | Edelgard is the cutest warmonger |

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:29 pm

The Rapture Republic wrote:

Please be patient. I have to work with 20+ posts, and I want to give everyone an equal-effort reply to each of them.

Doesn't help that I still have projects and the like coming my way, despite me talking here and being in F7 now and then.

I don't like the snark, to be honest. I'm trying my best here. Now please, for the love of goodness, give me time! I'm already stressed up than I normally am.

@ Karevka, this is not directed at you, I understand that you are just curious. Don't worry about it.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Stanier
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Stanier » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:39 pm

Alright so... Gimme some time to get my PC sorted out, and I'll probably post in the next few days. Four-month disconnection means updates piled up by the truckload.
Call me Lima
Kako (Yes, she is her own person inside my head) and I are Jeff Lynne's No. 1 fans.
Italic text with mostly lower case letters = I'm joking.
Stanier is set in 2016 and it's stuck there 'till I can finish this lore.
NS stats are used, but policies aren't.
Slowly learning Italian

La Voce di Stanier, NULL NaN: Kako quote of the [INSERT DETERMINATE REFRESH PERIOD] "The floof does not discriminate, be it catto, doggo, birb, or bnnuy. All fluff was created equal"|New plan, minor worldbuilding, focus on the characters, sideline the leader. THE MEAT MUST BE IN THE BACKGROUND CHARACTERS!

Aurevbush
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 06, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aurevbush » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:15 am

Also as played out in my intro post, Jonny Garofalo will not be in attendance to accompany President Baize and Dr. Boyd this time.
Last edited by Aurevbush on Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Located on the planet Aramnah as a technological powerhouse in a diverse multispecies sci-fantasy universe (PMT/FT/whatev), Yankeew@nk
Young American male, awkward, metalhead and history buff
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF AUREVBUSH
Own Stats, Own Schedule

ACBC: No Signal

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates