Page 2 of 4

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:00 am
by The Selkie
Folaisia wrote:"Oh, I should've known it was Selkie, and not Gaelic," Iris scolded herself, chuckling, "And do you both get along well?"
[...]


Amy Laoch of the Tribe of Dundalk.
"Yeah, Mhairin is awesome.", I replied to Iris, turned slightly and motioned for him to follow me. I had seen a plan of the campus and the Opening Ceremony was still out, so we might as well make our way over to it. "She and I go further back then Bicíní, though. Her and my family are well acquainted, so when I was a kid, she looked after me so that I didn't do anything stupid. It was her, who dragged me to the Archipelago Shooting two years ago to try it out and, well, here I am."
I shrugged with a smile. The actual story was a bit more complicated, by some major degrees, but he didn't need to know that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:10 pm
by Shamsiyya
The Selkie wrote:
Folaisia wrote:"Oh, I should've known it was Selkie, and not Gaelic," Iris scolded herself, chuckling, "And do you both get along well?"
[...]


Amy Laoch of the Tribe of Dundalk.
"Yeah, Mhairin is awesome.", I replied to Iris, turned slightly and motioned for him to follow me. I had seen a plan of the campus and the Opening Ceremony was still out, so we might as well make our way over to it. "She and I go further back then Bicíní, though. Her and my family are well acquainted, so when I was a kid, she looked after me so that I didn't do anything stupid. It was her, who dragged me to the Archipelago Shooting two years ago to try it out and, well, here I am."
I shrugged with a smile. The actual story was a bit more complicated, by some major degrees, but he didn't need to know that.


Folaisia wrote:Nick and Iris chuckled to themselves about Nermin's recent reply.

"At least you've saved yourself an awfy lot of days to get here," Nick responded, facing Tabitha, "Although traveling by ship can give you one bonnie luxury of an experience, it would take you both longer."

"Unless, if you get yourself an early day of departure," Iris added.

"Yeah, of course."

"Anyways, welcome to St. Peadrus," Iris pronounced with glee sparking in her eyes, "Hope you enjoy your education here! So, what are you both studying?"

Amy motioned for them to follow her, as the Opening Ceremony would soon begin, and apparently, thanks to a plan of the campus she had seen, she already did know the way. Tabitha and Nermin followed, as would Iris and Nick, probably.
On the way, Amy told about her own relation to Mhairin Mamaí, which dated back long before Bicíní had become part of her life, namely, but their respective families already having been acquainted before. Neither Nermin, nor Tabitha could guess, if this story was a bit over-simplified, but even if so, telling one's entire life story to somebody one had just met for the first time was not a thing either of both would do.
Tabitha had nodded at Nick's remark of shipping long distances giving you one 'bonnie luxury of an experience' - but would, indeed, take way too long - unless one brought enough time to travel very early, of course.
Iris welcomed them both to St. Peadrus, getting thankful nods as a response, and asked the question that was expected to come and would surely be asked multiple times throughout at least the first couple of weeks of the upcoming year.
When Amy had finished, Tabitha replied first. "Since I'm into history and literature" - she said, "you can imagine, that my combination of subjects rather consists of courses based on these - like both World and Folaisian History, as well as, well, yeah, Literature and Creative Writing." She let a beat pass. "And, due to a very certain sort of personal interests, Conflicts in the Modern World."
Nermin, who was already aware of Tabitha's personal interests, grinned sheepishly. Hers were a tiny bit different ...
"As for me" - she said, "I'll start off with Algebra, Computer Sciences, as well as the other Sciences - Biology, Chemistry, and so on."
Both of them were already expecting people to wonder, how on earth they ever managed to get along with each other, given the very small amount of possible topics they could genuinely talk shop about ...
"As you can see, Nermin and I are rather unlikely to see each other throughout the regular schooltime!" - Tabitha said. "How about you all?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:44 pm
by The Selkie
Shamsiyya wrote:Amy motioned for them to follow her, as the Opening Ceremony would soon begin, and apparently, thanks to a plan of the campus she had seen, she already did know the way. Tabitha and Nermin followed, as would Iris and Nick, probably.
On the way, Amy told about her own relation to Mhairin Mamaí, which dated back long before Bicíní had become part of her life, namely, but their respective families already having been acquainted before. Neither Nermin, nor Tabitha could guess, if this story was a bit over-simplified, but even if so, telling one's entire life story to somebody one had just met for the first time was not a thing either of both would do.
Tabitha had nodded at Nick's remark of shipping long distances giving you one 'bonnie luxury of an experience' - but would, indeed, take way too long - unless one brought enough time to travel very early, of course.
Iris welcomed them both to St. Peadrus, getting thankful nods as a response, and asked the question that was expected to come and would surely be asked multiple times throughout at least the first couple of weeks of the upcoming year.
When Amy had finished, Tabitha replied first. "Since I'm into history and literature" - she said, "you can imagine, that my combination of subjects rather consists of courses based on these - like both World and Folaisian History, as well as, well, yeah, Literature and Creative Writing." She let a beat pass. "And, due to a very certain sort of personal interests, Conflicts in the Modern World."
Nermin, who was already aware of Tabitha's personal interests, grinned sheepishly. Hers were a tiny bit different ...
"As for me" - she said, "I'll start off with Algebra, Computer Sciences, as well as the other Sciences - Biology, Chemistry, and so on."
Both of them were already expecting people to wonder, how on earth they ever managed to get along with each other, given the very small amount of possible topics they could genuinely talk shop about ...
"As you can see, Nermin and I are rather unlikely to see each other throughout the regular schooltime!" - Tabitha said. "How about you all?"


Amy Laoch of the Tribe of Dundalk.
I smiled as the two explained their very different time tables - as their scholastic interests were elsewhere, I presumed, that they shares some non-academic interests, for example some sport or music.
When Tabitha asked for what subjects the others had picked, I had to smile: "I'm more on Tabitha's side, I'm afraid. World and Folaisian History, Conflicts in the Modern World, Creative Writing and Musical Appreciation, PE and Folaisian Literature.", I explained and shrugged, "That's going to be an interesting year!"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:52 pm
by Folaisia
Kuronami wrote:"sounds like some good tips to remember so thanks a bunch! Glad to have met a friendly face so quickly. To be honest I come off a bit strong to some people. I'm just kind of bubbly and outgoing, just want to be friends with everyone."


Cecilia chuckled silently as she turned to Kajla.

"Really, lassie," she replied, looking at the crowd, "Just be careful of some people who can be coarse with you, or even be an annoying asshole."

A m e n r i a wrote:Ma Haodong takes his bag to where he was supposed to be - someplace with a lot of white chairs, which he assumed were for the students. Not knowing what else to do or where else to go, he took a seat on a chair in the right side in one of the back rows. He takes out his phone and scrolls through Wechat, waiting for the assembly to start.


Amêzyan Ghattas and Ùna MacDhunlèibhe discussed about their lives back in Avraland, eventually giving each other remarks of protection from the civil war being waged. Walking to the shinty field, they picked out a couple of seats next to Ma Haodong and settle themselves down. Then, Amêzyan looked over to the exchange student and turned to the morning sky.

"Beautiful morning, isn't it," he then enunciated.

The Selkie wrote:Amy Laoch of the Tribe of Dundalk.
"Yeah, Mhairin is awesome.", I replied to Iris, turned slightly and motioned for him to follow me. I had seen a plan of the campus and the Opening Ceremony was still out, so we might as well make our way over to it. "She and I go further back then Bicíní, though. Her and my family are well acquainted, so when I was a kid, she looked after me so that I didn't do anything stupid. It was her, who dragged me to the Archipelago Shooting two years ago to try it out and, well, here I am."
I shrugged with a smile. The actual story was a bit more complicated, by some major degrees, but he didn't need to know that.


"Braw," Iris responded, "Reminds me of my babysitter when I was a wee child. She would make sure that I don't run and fall over onto anything that would kill me."

Iris then chuckled, before checking the time on her smartphone.

"Alright, we should go. The Opening Mass is about to start soon."

Shamsiyya wrote:Amy motioned for them to follow her, as the Opening Ceremony would soon begin, and apparently, thanks to a plan of the campus she had seen, she already did know the way. Tabitha and Nermin followed, as would Iris and Nick, probably.
On the way, Amy told about her own relation to Mhairin Mamaí, which dated back long before Bicíní had become part of her life, namely, but their respective families already having been acquainted before. Neither Nermin, nor Tabitha could guess, if this story was a bit over-simplified, but even if so, telling one's entire life story to somebody one had just met for the first time was not a thing either of both would do.
Tabitha had nodded at Nick's remark of shipping long distances giving you one 'bonnie luxury of an experience' - but would, indeed, take way too long - unless one brought enough time to travel very early, of course.
Iris welcomed them both to St. Peadrus, getting thankful nods as a response, and asked the question that was expected to come and would surely be asked multiple times throughout at least the first couple of weeks of the upcoming year.
When Amy had finished, Tabitha replied first. "Since I'm into history and literature" - she said, "you can imagine, that my combination of subjects rather consists of courses based on these - like both World and Folaisian History, as well as, well, yeah, Literature and Creative Writing." She let a beat pass. "And, due to a very certain sort of personal interests, Conflicts in the Modern World."
Nermin, who was already aware of Tabitha's personal interests, grinned sheepishly. Hers were a tiny bit different ...
"As for me" - she said, "I'll start off with Algebra, Computer Sciences, as well as the other Sciences - Biology, Chemistry, and so on."
Both of them were already expecting people to wonder, how on earth they ever managed to get along with each other, given the very small amount of possible topics they could genuinely talk shop about ...
"As you can see, Nermin and I are rather unlikely to see each other throughout the regular schooltime!" - Tabitha said. "How about you all?"


Nick could not help but nod.

"Well, Tabitha, are you one hell of a genius," he chuckled, "Good luck with those. I'm currently taking Probability and Statistics, Calculus, Psychology, Folaisian Literature, and Music Appreciation" he then turned to Nermin, "By the way, Nermin, I should tell you that Donaldina Lennox is the only one who's teaching the class. She's a affy braw teacher, though she can be quite a grader when it comes to essays. So, watch for those."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:44 pm
by Shamsiyya
Folaisia wrote:"Braw," Iris responded, "Reminds me of my babysitter when I was a wee child. She would make sure that I don't run and fall over onto anything that would kill me."

Iris then chuckled, before checking the time on her smartphone.

"Alright, we should go. The Opening Mass is about to start soon."

[...]

Nick could not help but nod.

"Well, Tabitha, are you one hell of a genius," he chuckled, "Good luck with those. I'm currently taking Probability and Statistics, Calculus, Psychology, Folaisian Literature, and Music Appreciation" he then turned to Nermin, "By the way, Nermin, I should tell you that Donaldina Lennox is the only one who's teaching the class. She's a affy braw teacher, though she can be quite a grader when it comes to essays. So, watch for those."

The Selkie wrote:Amy Laoch of the Tribe of Dundalk.
I smiled as the two explained their very different time tables - as their scholastic interests were elsewhere, I presumed, that they shares some non-academic interests, for example some sport or music.
When Tabitha asked for what subjects the others had picked, I had to smile: "I'm more on Tabitha's side, I'm afraid. World and Folaisian History, Conflicts in the Modern World, Creative Writing and Musical Appreciation, PE and Folaisian Literature.", I explained and shrugged, "That's going to be an interesting year!"

As they went on - both Nermin and Tabitha somewhat excited, for they had never seen a Catholic Mass before and where curious to see, whether or not there were many differences between those and Temple Rituals, and were sure, that there was indeed a lot -, Nick explicitly warned Nermin about her future teacher, who would be a good one, but quite a grader when it came to essays.
She nodded.
"Thank you for warning" - she said. "Don't worry, I'm rather unlikely to mess essays up entirely - and back home, I had to do with a similar sort of teachers. And if Miss Demirören lets me pass, then I'm hardened enough!" She grinned.
"And as for being a genius" - Tabitha noted, "I don't think, that I am one - at least not more than you two! I'll probably never really excel at anything that has to do with numbers, except for dates of historical events. There is a certain reason why I chose my combination of subjects! Well, except for Psychology" - she added, "that's part of my curriculum as well."
"... and you guys will have Folaisian Literature together" - Nermin added.
Tabitha nodded. "I won't outperform you at it, though, no worries!" - she told Nick, grinning. Then, she turned to Amy, "Ah, not a Number Girl, either? Then I'm not alone, at least! And yeah, that could be quite an interesting year."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:03 pm
by Kuronami
Folaisia wrote:Cecilia chuckled silently as she turned to Kajla.

"Really, lassie," she replied, looking at the crowd, "Just be careful of some people who can be coarse with you, or even be an annoying asshole."


"Haha, you're right about that! There's always those sour guppies who just gotta be that way with everyone else. Just can't let them get it to me." And after everything she'd been through these past few months "So that's just that."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:42 am
by Folaisia
Shamsiyya wrote:As they went on - both Nermin and Tabitha somewhat excited, for they had never seen a Catholic Mass before and where curious to see, whether or not there were many differences between those and Temple Rituals, and were sure, that there was indeed a lot -, Nick explicitly warned Nermin about her future teacher, who would be a good one, but quite a grader when it came to essays.
She nodded.
"Thank you for warning" - she said. "Don't worry, I'm rather unlikely to mess essays up entirely - and back home, I had to do with a similar sort of teachers. And if Miss Demirören lets me pass, then I'm hardened enough!" She grinned.
"And as for being a genius" - Tabitha noted, "I don't think, that I am one - at least not more than you two! I'll probably never really excel at anything that has to do with numbers, except for dates of historical events. There is a certain reason why I chose my combination of subjects! Well, except for Psychology" - she added, "that's part of my curriculum as well."
"... and you guys will have Folaisian Literature together" - Nermin added.
Tabitha nodded. "I won't outperform you at it, though, no worries!" - she told Nick, grinning.


Nick nodded at Nermin, and laughed at Tabitha afterwards.

"We'll see how we perform in math," he then said with a grin, "and then we'll compare our grades right before Christmas and Summer vacation occur. What do you say about that?"

"'Ey, Nick," Iris called out soon after, "We better get our things dropped off. It's gonna start soon."

"Alright," Nick said, "Well, I've gotta drop my things off in my homeroom. Bonnie well meeting you all. See you all later!"

With that, Nick left.

Kuronami wrote:"Haha, you're right about that! There's always those sour guppies who just gotta be that way with everyone else. Just can't let them get it to me." And after everything she'd been through these past few months "So that's just that."


Cecilia sighed.

"Yes, indeed," she replied, "Oh, I also forgot, I have her as homeroom teacher. So, antlin'1 excitement there, right?"

As they walked to their homeroom, Cecilia's physical presence caught the eye of several particular male and female students passing by. When seeing her, their eyes widened with mischief.

"Howzitgoin', you pooched2 bamhead3 of a schooled lassie," a male student called out, "Havenon seen you in a while. Did you and your pooched, dysfunctional family practice freak curses in the cold forest again?"

"Yeah, I mean, what are you," chimed a female student, "Some fanatic Christian cultist who thinks its okay to practice pure abreeky4 rituals like a Satanist?"

"Or better yet, a witch scammer," added another female student.

The taunting group snickered, before leaving the pair with another call of "bamhead" to Cecilia to end their conversation. Cecilia stared at them, reserved, yet aggravated, before turning to Kajla.

"Let's go," she then said before continuing to walk.


1. Antlin' = "huge" (Derived from the word "antler"; From Folaisian Scots)
2. Pooched = mostly means "broken person" (From Scottish slang)
3. Bamhead = "unhinged, or deranged person" (From Folaisian Scots; derived from Scottish slang)
4. Abreeky = "horrible, or atrocious" (From Folaisian Scots; derived from Scottish slang)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:05 am
by A m e n r i a
Two fellow students decided to take the seats right next to Haodong. One even started talking. He glanced at the person, looked around, and back at the person again to make sure he was talking to him. "Eum, yea, I guess." Haodong replied with his northeastern accent. "You a local?" he asked, trying to continue the conversation and see where it goes.

blue: spoken in English

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:05 am
by Trasselnau
Folaisia wrote:Louisa leaned over to look at the picture Kyasurin presented.

"Wow, you guys look bonnie, indeed," she replied, a smile forming on her face, "And nice dress you're wearing."

Louisa then took more time to gaze at every face in the photograph. She gives off a quiet sigh, as if relieved from stress.

"You do have a real nice family. I take it you get along with your parents and siblings well?"


Kyasurin chuckled. “Yeah. I was known as a pretty good kid with the adults around my area of the city. And I just adore little Jossie.” She turned to fully face Louisa. “What about you? Do you get along with your dad?”

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:31 am
by Kuronami
Folaisia wrote:Cecilia sighed.

"Yes, indeed," she replied, "Oh, I also forgot, I have her as homeroom teacher. So, antlin'1 excitement there, right?"

As they walked to their homeroom, Cecilia's physical presence caught the eye of several particular male and female students passing by. When seeing her, their eyes widened with mischief.

"Howzitgoin', you pooched2 bamhead3 of a schooled lassie," a male student called out, "Havenon seen you in a while. Did you and your pooched, dysfunctional family practice freak curses in the cold forest again?"

"Yeah, I mean, what are you," chimed a female student, "Some fanatic Christian cultist who thinks its okay to practice pure abreeky4 rituals like a Satanist?"

"Or better yet, a witch scammer," added another female student.

The taunting group snickered, before leaving the pair with another call of "bamhead" to Cecilia to end their conversation. Cecilia stared at them, reserved, yet aggravated, before turning to Kajla.

"Let's go," she then said before continuing to walk.


"Hey, all right, you and I gonna be desk buddies then! Sounds great." She set her bag down when several jeers echoed out from some other students. It was hard to decipher all the words but it was pretty obvious they were trying to mock either her or Cecelia or both. Regardless she wasn't going to take that she was nearly ready to get up in their face and start being equally annoying but Cecelia's firm but gentle Let's Go made her lower her stance and just move on. "Friendly bunch, aren't they?" She sarcastically remarked.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:14 pm
by Folaisia
A m e n r i a wrote:Two fellow students decided to take the seats right next to Haodong. One even started talking. He glanced at the person, looked around, and back at the person again to make sure he was talking to him. "Eum, yea, I guess." Haodong replied with his northeastern accent. "You a local?" he asked, trying to continue the conversation and see where it goes.


Amêzyan gave off a chuckle.

"No," he answered, "I'm from across the Atlantic. Avraland, to be precise. Same as her."

When indicating Ùna, she gave off a little wave and a soft smile.

"And to be honest, I couldn't bear the cold here," Ùna chimed, "Makes me reconsider going back to live in the desert for all I care," she then chuckled.

Trasselnau wrote:Kyasurin chuckled. “Yeah. I was known as a pretty good kid with the adults around my area of the city. And I just adore little Jossie.” She turned to fully face Louisa. “What about you? Do you get along with your dad?”


Louisa nodded with a reserved visage. However, when Kyasurin turned to face her directly and ask a personal question, she could not help, but to blink a couple of times in quick succession and take a deep, quiet breath.

"Yeah, I get along with him," Louisa answered, nodding, "Just fine, if I might add. We don't talk much, but sometimes, we do. Anyways, what classes are you taking?"

Kuronami wrote:"Hey, all right, you and I gonna be desk buddies then! Sounds great." She set her bag down when several jeers echoed out from some other students. It was hard to decipher all the words but it was pretty obvious they were trying to mock either her or Cecelia or both. Regardless she wasn't going to take that she was nearly ready to get up in their face and start being equally annoying but Cecelia's firm but gentle Let's Go made her lower her stance and just move on. "Friendly bunch, aren't they?" She sarcastically remarked.


"You got that right," Cecilia replied, "A bundle of dunderheids1, they are. Always trying to ignore them, even though they keep rising out like sharks in the water. Alright, looks like we're here."

Cecilia then opened the door to Émilie Rousselle's classroom for Kajla to walk through. Afterwards, Cecilia entered the classroom, to which Émilie grinned cordially.

"Houleu, Miss Byeon," she greeted, "Your summer go well."

"Yeah, it's gone well," Cecilia answered, giving off a smile, "Had a lot of fun in Febein with my family. Pure melting there, but it was great."

Émilie nodded.

"And who is your new friend," she then asked.


1. Dunderheid = "idiot or fool" (From Scottish slang)
2. Houleu = "hello" (From Folaisian French)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:23 pm
by Kuronami
Folaisia wrote:"You got that right," Cecilia replied, "A bundle of dunderheids1, they are. Always trying to ignore them, even though they keep rising out like sharks in the water. Alright, looks like we're here."

Cecilia then opened the door to Émilie Rousselle's classroom for Kajla to walk through. Afterwards, Cecilia entered the classroom, to which Émilie grinned cordially.

"Houleu, Miss Byeon," she greeted, "Your summer go well."

"Yeah, it's gone well," Cecilia answered, giving off a smile, "Had a lot of fun in Febein with my family. Pure melting there, but it was great."

Émilie nodded.

"And who is your new friend," she then asked.


"Mmm that's always the worse, try to not give them the attention they crave but somehow they still keep going on. Well hey if you want i can give them a few smacks round the head!" She joked then they were greeted by Émilie Rousselle the teacher Cecelia had been mentioning. "Oh pleasure ma'am, I'm Kajla Vento one of the new exchange students here. Cecelia was showing me around a bit, getting me to the room where we can drop out stuff before we go on to the opening ceremonies."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:46 pm
by Folaisia
Kuronami wrote:"Mmm that's always the worse, try to not give them the attention they crave but somehow they still keep going on. Well hey if you want i can give them a few smacks round the head!" She joked then they were greeted by Émilie Rousselle the teacher Cecelia had been mentioning. "Oh pleasure ma'am, I'm Kajla Vento one of the new exchange students here. Cecelia was showing me around a bit, getting me to the room where we can drop out stuff before we go on to the opening ceremonies."


Cecilia gave off a sly look on her face, tilting her head to her right side.

"I'd love for that to happen," he replied.

* * * * * * * *


"Oh, an exchange student," she said with a hint of enthusiasm sparking in her eyes and smile, "Where are you from?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:19 pm
by Kuronami
Folaisia wrote:Cecilia gave off a sly look on her face, tilting her head to her right side.

"I'd love for that to happen," he replied.

* * * * * * * *


"Oh, an exchange student," she said with a hint of enthusiasm sparking in her eyes and smile, "Where are you from?"


She smiled bright "Yes ma'am, fresh off the boat. Well not really, been staying with a sponsor few weeks up to the semester starting. But anyway to answer your question, come from Kuronami. Really excited to be here."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:55 pm
by Folaisia
Kuronami wrote:She smiled bright "Yes ma'am, fresh off the boat. Well not really, been staying with a sponsor few weeks up to the semester starting. But anyway to answer your question, come from Kuronami. Really excited to be here."


Émilie gave off a smile.

"Kuronami! That's an auphi1 nice country. Heard they have summer down there. Ah, how I wish that it never ended," she replied, "Well, glad to see you're as excited as a wee, hungry child for being here. I hope you have a fun experience learning and making more friends here! You can pick whatever desk you like and put your stuff down."


1. Auphi = Folaisian French for "awfy/affy" = "awfully," (used for emphasis)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:25 pm
by Kuronami
Folaisia wrote:Émilie gave off a smile.

"Kuronami! That's an auphi1 nice country. Heard they have summer down there. Ah, how I wish that it never ended," she replied, "Well, glad to see you're as excited as a wee, hungry child for being here. I hope you have a fun experience learning and making more friends here! You can pick whatever desk you like and put your stuff down."


"Well right now it's winter going into spring considering it's still end of summer up here but yeah you're not far off." She took a desk to put her bag down "Glad you find our country lovely and nice! And I think this place is just as nice, so far for what I've seen lately."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:27 pm
by Polish Prussian Commonwealth
St. Peadrus MacCallion
A young woman dodged the crowd, a heavy bag slung over her back and a suitcase in her hand.
"Damn it..." she muttered. "I'm late."
Her mind began running through the mishaps and coincidences that had brought her to this moment.
First was her fall term of freshman year-or, in other words, a tire fire. Stressed out, broke down, and for two months didn't do any homework.
Spring semester rolled around. She calmed down, rolled up her sleeves, and got to work. Her grades shot up, and she finally started talking to people. At one point, she slipped her name in a box for a student exchange, simply to see what would happen.
Two weeks into June, she was hit with a nasty case of pneumonia, and was out of commission.

1 week into the first term of her sophomore year, she was picked by lottery for an exchange, and was packed onto a plane and flown to Folaisia, in a ridiculous-looking school uniform that looked like something from those Japanese cartoons that her older brother, Helmut, watched.
Well, used to watch, before he joined the Reichswehr a month back. He was, of course, still in basic, but still...

Sheshook her head. Helmut would be fine-at worst, he might be flogged for driving drunk or stealing food. With that in mind, she pushed all of her worries out of her head as she approached the gates.

After passing them, she started looking around for anything-a sign, or a posted note-that would tell her where to go.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:50 pm
by Folaisia
Kuronami wrote:"Well right now it's winter going into spring considering it's still end of summer up here but yeah you're not far off." She took a desk to put her bag down "Glad you find our country lovely and nice! And I think this place is just as nice, so far for what I've seen lately."


"Thank you," Émilie replied with a bright smile, "And you sure our colorful vocabulary isn't bogging you down mentally," she then chuckled, "Well, once you've been here long enough, you'll get a pretty good understanding of what were talking about, but hey, don't be afraid to ask either one of us for help."

"I'll be sure to show you how we use them, as well," Cecilia chimed, pointing to Kajla as she walked over to the teacher, "You'll even learn some insults that you might potentially use in the future," she then grinned.

Cecilia then stood at Émilie's desk and brought up what happened on the way. Émilie's eyes widened and her hand was up to her mouth. After Cecilia had nothing more to say, Émilie gave out words of comfort and assistance, which Cecilia responded with nodding. Then, Cecilia sauntered over to Kajla's desk with that same expression of calm.

"You ready, Kajla," she then asked.

Polish Prussian Commonwealth wrote:St. Peadrus MacCallion
A young woman dodged the crowd, a heavy bag slung over her back and a suitcase in her hand.
"Damn it..." she muttered. "I'm late."
Her mind began running through the mishaps and coincidences that had brought her to this moment.
First was her fall term of freshman year-or, in other words, a tire fire. Stressed out, broke down, and for two months didn't do any homework.
Spring semester rolled around. She calmed down, rolled up her sleeves, and got to work. Her grades shot up, and she finally started talking to people. At one point, she slipped her name in a box for a student exchange, simply to see what would happen.
Two weeks into June, she was hit with a nasty case of pneumonia, and was out of commission.

1 week into the first term of her sophomore year, she was picked by lottery for an exchange, and was packed onto a plane and flown to Folaisia, in a ridiculous-looking school uniform that looked like something from those Japanese cartoons that her older brother, Helmut, watched.
Well, used to watch, before he joined the Reichswehr a month back. He was, of course, still in basic, but still...

Sheshook her head. Helmut would be fine-at worst, he might be flogged for driving drunk or stealing food. With that in mind, she pushed all of her worries out of her head as she approached the gates.

After passing them, she started looking around for anything-a sign, or a posted note-that would tell her where to go.


Sorlane Niven and Miki Campbell were discussing with each other about their summer vacations, lounging without a care for their backpacks. As Sorlane was talking about her family trip down at the Great Lakes, Miki noticed another girl who looked frantic as a lost child in a store. When Miki asked if they want to greet and help her, Sorlane nodded, and they both walked.

"'Ey there, lassie," Miki said, "You need some help?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:59 pm
by Polish Prussian Commonwealth
Folaisia wrote:Sorlane Niven and Miki Campbell were discussing with each other about their summer vacations, lounging without a care for their backpacks. As Sorlane was talking about her family trip down at the Great Lakes, Miki noticed another girl who looked frantic as a lost child in a store. When Miki asked if they want to greet and help her, Sorlane nodded, and they both walked.

"'Ey there, lassie," Miki said, "You need some help?"

Helena noticed the two girls.
Great... she thought to herself. I hope they know where to go.
Helena nodded. "Aye. Helena Fischer, at your service. You know exchange students check in?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:07 am
by Folaisia
Polish Prussian Commonwealth wrote:Helena noticed the two girls.
Great... she thought to herself. I hope they know where to go.
Helena nodded. "Aye. Helena Fischer, at your service. You know exchange students check in?"


Sorlane and Miki looked at each other with incredulous expressions.

"You sure that you've filled out your application," Miki then asked, "Because if you did, then you would've already been checked out with the Rector and into your hostel room. But seeing the suitcase you're still grasping, you could check in with the Rector right now."

"You could follow us if you don't know your way in this school," Sorlane chimed in with a nod and smile.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:59 pm
by Polish Prussian Commonwealth
Folaisia wrote:
Sorlane and Miki looked at each other with incredulous expressions.

"You sure that you've filled out your application," Miki then asked, "Because if you did, then you would've already been checked out with the Rector and into your hostel room. But seeing the suitcase you're still grasping, you could check in with the Rector right now."

"You could follow us if you don't know your way in this school," Sorlane chimed in with a nod and smile.


Helena nodded. "I'd gladly do so-this is nothing compared to what I used to carry back then, so I'll lug it around for today. Which way to the school? And what are your names?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:59 am
by Folaisia
Polish Prussian Commonwealth wrote:Helena nodded. "I'd gladly do so-this is nothing compared to what I used to carry back then, so I'll lug it around for today. Which way to the school? And what are your names?"


"Alright then," Sorlane replied, "right this way, lassie. By the way, name's Sorlane Niven."

"And I'm Miki Campbell," Miki chimed.

"As you can tell," Sorlane added, "she's an Inuit from the Ballaig Region1. And I, well, am from here," she chuckled.

They sauntered their way towards the entrance and courtyard of the school and passed by the shinty field where Mass was to be held, as Sorlane indicated to Helena. Entering the Dean's office, they were greeted by man in his 50s, nonchalant as ever. His nameplate read "Tommy MacIntosh, Dean of the Institution."

"Hello, lassies," he greeted, "Welcome back. And I see that you have a new face brought over here. And looks as if she were crapping out on coke. But non mind that, will you," he then chuckled, "Can you introduce yourself?"


1. Located in Western Greenland.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:22 pm
by Polish Prussian Commonwealth
[spoiler]
Folaisia wrote:
Polish Prussian Commonwealth wrote:Helena nodded. "I'd gladly do so-this is nothing compared to what I used to carry back then, so I'll lug it around for today. Which way to the school? And what are your names?"


"Alright then," Sorlane replied, "right this way, lassie. By the way, name's Sorlane Niven."

"And I'm Miki Campbell," Miki chimed.

"As you can tell," Sorlane added, "she's an Inuit from the Ballaig Region1. And I, well, am from here," she chuckled.

They sauntered their way towards the entrance and courtyard of the school and passed by the shinty field where Mass was to be held, as Sorlane indicated to Helena. Entering the Dean's office, they were greeted by man in his 50s, nonchalant as ever. His nameplate read "Tommy MacIntosh, Dean of the Institution."

"Hello, lassies," he greeted, "Welcome back. And I see that you have a new face brought over here. And looks as if she were crapping out on coke. But non mind that, will you," he then chuckled, "Can you introduce yourself?"


1. Located in Western Greenland.
[/spoiler]
Helena clicked the heels of her shoes together, and squared her shoulders back.
"Helena Fischer, Year 2, Student Identification Number Oh-One-Five-Alpha!"

Abruptly, she keeled over, coughing up a storm, and at last yanked a tissue from her bag, before coughing up an alarming amount of phelgem onto it.
"Sorry, sir..." she said, sheepishly. "Had pneumonia last year, still coughing up this...you know. Docs say that it's clear up in a few months..."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:49 pm
by Folaisia
Polish Prussian Commonwealth wrote:]
Helena clicked the heels of her shoes together, and squared her shoulders back.
"Helena Fischer, Year 2, Student Identification Number Oh-One-Five-Alpha!"

Abruptly, she keeled over, coughing up a storm, and at last yanked a tissue from her bag, before coughing up an alarming amount of phelgem onto it.
"Sorry, sir..." she said, sheepishly. "Had pneumonia last year, still coughing up this...you know. Docs say that it's clear up in a few months..."


Sorlane and Miki could not help but snicker under their breaths at Helena's answer. Even so, Dean MacIntosh widened his eyes and nodded in disbelief. However, when Helena began to have a coughing fit, concern sprouted on each of their faces, leading them to lean forward to help her until they saw the tissue in her hand.

"Well, be sure to take care of that when you're in the classroom," the Dean replied, "I'd suggest to go outside and drink water to hammer your coughs down. And if you need to rest, ask your teacher and head to the infirmary as pointed out right here," he then pointed onto a nearby map of the building they were all in, "You got me? Anyways, if your fit isn't bound to erupt like an active volcano on steroids, what's with the military style in your introduction, first off? Is that some sort of preparation for conscription in your country, or is it something else?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:21 pm
by Kuronami
Folaisia wrote:"Thank you," Émilie replied with a bright smile, "And you sure our colorful vocabulary isn't bogging you down mentally," she then chuckled, "Well, once you've been here long enough, you'll get a pretty good understanding of what were talking about, but hey, don't be afraid to ask either one of us for help."

"I'll be sure to show you how we use them, as well," Cecilia chimed, pointing to Kajla as she walked over to the teacher, "You'll even learn some insults that you might potentially use in the future," she then grinned.

Cecilia then stood at Émilie's desk and brought up what happened on the way. Émilie's eyes widened and her hand was up to her mouth. After Cecilia had nothing more to say, Émilie gave out words of comfort and assistance, which Cecilia responded with nodding. Then, Cecilia sauntered over to Kajla's desk with that same expression of calm.

"You ready, Kajla," she then asked.


"Aha well, it has been a little tricky. But i'm getting the hang of it. We have plenty of own words where I'm from that confuse even our fellow Kuronamians so hey it's not as though I can't relate. Sounds like I'll have plenty of fun getting to know more of this place." Once asked she responded "I sure as rain am! So let's go then! Onward!"