NATION

PASSWORD

The Petarian Expedition and the Cristero Insurgency

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Grand Petaria
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

The Petarian Expedition and the Cristero Insurgency

Postby Grand Petaria » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:18 am

On August 31, 2019, Sky Captain Andrea Dorian boarded his flagship Zeppelin, Il Colombo, with a dream: to discover exotic, far off nations in the Eastern Pacific Region or anywhere peaceful nations reside.

The Colombo was commissioned by Petarius Magnus himself, the Doge of Grand Petaria. The ship is loaded up with 300 pounds of silver bullion, books, magazines, and newspapers from Petaria, provisions for 15 prominent merchants, clergy, and state officials, and 40 crew, all of them lightly armed with Sig P220 for protection of the delegation and maintenance of order. Andrea also maintained a body guard of four Royal Guardsman armed with sabers and SIG SG550 rifles.

The delegation has speakers of the English, Spanish, and Italian tongues.
----------------------
OOC - Anyone may post or contribute characters or plotlines in line with the narrative and history of Grand Petaria

Grand Petarians are majority Protestants, following Reformed Valdesianism which combines elements of Calvinism and Lutheranism. It was once a Catholic nation and Catholics are now a minority.

Grand Petaria is a classical republic modeled after the early Venitian Republic. It is mostly landlocked, mountainous land with its capital, Petaria, seated on the coast of the Island of Amoria, inside a very large lake. Silver, copper, and coal mines are abundant, and staple crops are corn, potatoes, and rice.
Last edited by Grand Petaria on Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:56 am, edited 4 times in total.

Yuyencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Yuyencia » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:33 am

Yuyencia are offer establish close cooperate relation. Yuyencia are capabilty export steel coal heavy machine chemical electric cable, heavy industry are specialty yuyencian economy produce hard work

Are also offer produce food grain fruit many,rice wheat produce are special recommend。Also PV panel are availability excellent quality。
Last edited by Yuyencia on Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
___ Federation of Yuyencia 幽燕西亚联邦 ___
Proud independent free Catholic nation are continue Yan area history pride great history faith culture
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=465526 question and answer viewtopic.php?f=23&t=471825 news

Out of the character:I am 河北人 hebei mans excellent work hard technology study calculus differential equation 18 hour day, english are not mother tongue

Grand Petaria
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Petaria » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:49 am

Gregorio, the radio operator aboard the Colombo, knocked on the door of Captain Doria's quarters.

"Avanti," he replied in Italian and invited him in, "What news do you bring?"

"Capitano," said Gregorio, "We received a transmission from a city in the nation of Yuyencia. Their current president is Zsombor Szeles and they have agreed to receive our delegation."

"Bennissimo! La Sua Eccellenza sará molto contento! Wire the Foreign Minister to inform His Excellency, and inquire from the Yuyencians where we should land."
Last edited by Grand Petaria on Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grand Petaria
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

The Papists Conspiracy

Postby Grand Petaria » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:06 am

Before the Foreign Minister received the transmission, shocking news shook the city.

The Chief of Police in the Capital appeared on TV at a press conference to discuss the arrest of a prominent member of a secret religious group, the Cristero Insurgency. The member in question was a two-star general who was accused of plotting to assassinate the nation's leading Protestant Pastor, Guillermo Grammo.

The Chief began his address, "As you know, the Cristero Insurgents are Catholic extremists that want a return to state Catholicism. They have infiltrated government posts, some even became Reformed Valdesian pastors, pretending to be pious Protestants. These treacherous Papists are a scourge in our peaceful Republic, and we are all shocked that our trusted general—a nephew of the Doge himself!—would succumb to their distasteful doctrine."

Anti-Catholic sentiment grew in the Capital and the number of violent religious confrontations grew rapidly.
Last edited by Grand Petaria on Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Grand Petaria
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Petaria » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:34 am

Yuyencia wrote:Yuyencia are offer establish close cooperate relation. Yuyencia are capabilty export steel coal heavy machine chemical electric cable, heavy industry are specialty yuyencian economy produce hard work

Are also offer produce food grain fruit many,rice wheat produce are special recommend。Also PV panel are availability excellent quality。

"This is Captain Andrea Dorian of the Grand Petarian Expedition. Please inform us, sir, of the name and location of your capital," said Captain Doria over the radio.
Last edited by Grand Petaria on Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grand Petaria
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Petaria » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:20 am

Grand Petaria wrote:
Yuyencia wrote:Yuyencia are offer establish close cooperate relation. Yuyencia are capabilty export steel coal heavy machine chemical electric cable, heavy industry are specialty yuyencian economy produce hard work

"This is Captain Andrea Dorian of the Grand Petarian Expedition. Please inform us, sir, of the name and location of your capital," said Captain Doria over the radio.

The transmission was cutoff. Yuyencia didn't reply, and the disappointed crew continued its journey. An hour later, they received a radio transmission with the details of the high profile arrest of General Arnoldo Benedetto and his conspiracy against the nation's religious leaders.

"The winds are blowing in unusual directions," said Captain Dorian to the Royal Guardsman. "We must keep an eye out for Cristeros among the passengers and crew. The timing could not be worse—Cristeros may wish sabotage our diplomatic mission."
Last edited by Grand Petaria on Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:24 am, edited 4 times in total.

Munkcestrian Republic
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:59 pm

"Don't they have the internet in that country? Or even just maps?" asked Lord President George Fenwick upon hearing (from the Yuyencians) that the Petarians were sending out some sort of airship to 'discover' nations.
Last edited by Munkcestrian Republic on Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
if you like my posts please make sure to downvote my factbooks.
DON'T CLICK
"lmao child you come into MY region"
no, this nation does not represent my
views. i cannot believe i have to clarify this

for RPers
my views explained

Grand Petaria
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Petaria » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:35 pm

Munkcestrian Republic wrote:
"Don't they have the internet in that country? Or even just maps?" asked Lord President George Fenwick upon hearing (from the Yuyencians) that the Petarians were sending out some sort of airship to 'discover' nations.

"Apparently," responds the Lord President's secretary, "Petaria's internet only extends across the nation's boundaries. The country is quite isolated from the other nation states. They lost contact with Europe for centuries in the 15th century, and only reestablished it in 1977. I know; it's very unusual."

Captain Andrea flipped through an old atlas and saw a reference to a nation called the Munkcestrian Republic. The entry had very little information about it except that its capital is Munkchester.

"Hmm. A promising point of contact?" he thought to himself. "Let's send some radio broadcasts in that direction..."
Last edited by Grand Petaria on Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yuyencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Yuyencia » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:02 pm

Grand Petaria wrote:
Grand Petaria wrote:

The transmission was cutoff. Yuyencia didn't reply, and the disappointed crew continued its journey. An hour later, they received a radio transmission with the details of the high profile arrest of General Arnoldo Benedetto and his conspiracy against the nation's religious leaders.

"The winds are blowing in unusual directions," said Captain Dorian to the Royal Guardsman. "We must keep an eye out for Cristeros among the passengers and crew. The timing could not be worse—Cristeros may wish sabotage our diplomatic mission."

my friend please be respect。 I am have replied in telegrams
Proud independent free Catholic nation are continue Yan area history pride great history faith culture
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=465526 question and answer viewtopic.php?f=23&t=471825 news

Out of the character:I am 河北人 hebei mans excellent work hard technology study calculus differential equation 18 hour day, english are not mother tongue

Yuyencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Yuyencia » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:52 am

yuyencian mans are respond transmit location capital city Yanjing are friendly invite petarian mans envoy

Grand Petaria
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Petaria » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:03 pm

Yuyencia wrote:yuyencian mans are respond transmit location capital city Yanjing are friendly invite petarian mans envoy

The Colombo's coordinates are rerouted to head towards Yanjing. The delegates all met at the dining car to celebrate that contact was made.

The chef prepared a special meal of roasted, lightly-seasoned llama heart with small roasted potatoes, asparagus, fried plaintains, and steamed rice.

After the reverend blessed the meal, Col. Tiburcio commented on the arrest of Gen. Benedetto Petaria. "Arrested for involvement in a Catholic extremist group? I don't buy it. There must be politics at play here!"

The subminister of the Foreign Ministry replied, "Well, we can only hope the nation we've made contact with doesn't have an authoritarian Catholic president to make things worse. But what are the odds of that?"

A few days later, the Colombo lands at Yanjing. They are greeted by Yuyencian diplomats and polluted air, as the city has factories on every corner. Also found on every corner are Catholic churches and billboards for President Zsombor Szelesi, that read, "God and Szelesi!" and "Join the army, Unite the world!"

Before disembarking, Captain Dorian whispers to the Foreign Subminister, "Perhaps, you spoke too soon..." One business magnate, however, saw the factory smokestacks, took a whiff of the polluted air and said, "I smell money!"
Last edited by Grand Petaria on Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Yuyencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Yuyencia » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:38 am

Yuyencian diplomat dignitary mans are invitation Petarian esteem visitor Ovation Hotel Yanjing are locate. Elaborate architecture are combinate modern and traditional style , nearby are park and lake, scenery are serenity unlike Yuyencian polluted area majority.

Yuyencian diplomat are correction Petarian mans 「president are now mr Bai Long,mr Szelesi mans are previous resignate,billboard removal are delay」
Mr Bai long and minister mans are proceed greeting petarian dignitary mans offer greeting。

Grand Petaria
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Petaria » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:07 pm

Yuyencia wrote:Yuyencian diplomat dignitary mans are invitation Petarian esteem visitor Ovation Hotel Yanjing are locate. Elaborate architecture are combinate modern and traditional style , nearby are park and lake, scenery are serenity unlike Yuyencian polluted area majority.

(Image)

Yuyencian diplomat are correction Petarian mans 「president are now mr Bai Long,mr Szelesi mans are previous resignate,billboard removal are delay」
Mr Bai long and minister mans are proceed greeting petarian dignitary mans offer greeting。

Captain Doria walks up to President Bai Long and bows. "Mr. President, we are honored by your invitation and grand reception. Allow me to introduce you to our delegation," he says and proceeds to present him to foreign Sub-minister Marsha Pineda, Col. Tiburcio Andino, and prominent delegates.

The dignitaries enter Ovation Hotel and Sub-minister Marsha exchanges political and historical brochures with President Bai. Captain Dorian gifts President Bai with a llama fur coat and a rare, antique Petarian silver coin.

Suddenly, a tall, somewhat plump business magnate interrupts the conversation, "Mr. President, I admire your country's commitment to industry—especially your fine luxury cars. I run Petaria's leading automobile company, Fesitrán Inc. Could I inspect one of your factories and talk trade?"

Yuyencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Yuyencia » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:14 am

yuyencian mans top level excellent technology vehicle

Yuyencia leading auto mobile brand are Yanxing Motors (former name Zhongxing motors under chinese mans wicked oppression). Are rename meaning 「china rise」 to「yuyencia rise」. Ethical policy business organize inspiration Distributism doctrine are make Yanxing motors great capability cathaysia car great brand many are respect.

Presidnt Bai long are friendly open welcome petaria visitor mans visitation Yanxing motor factory not distant locate Beiping city out range. Are exposition yanxing motors products diverse creation, are include luxury drive type world class comparable but most are pickup truck utilitarian design, are reflect Yuyencian mans frugality hard work excellent technology.

Grand Petaria
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Petaria » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:03 pm

"Pick up trucks?" exclaims the business magnate, "This nation's got grit! Those will do nicely in our mountainous lands."

Just then, the Sub-minister Marsha are called to a side.

Kevin the radio operator looked scared and worked up. "Sub-minister," he whispered rather loudly, "There are anti-Protestant riots in the capital, and the golden statue of His Excellency in front of the Royal Museum of the Fatherland was graffitied by angry, college students."

The sub-minister replied, "Ah. Then, let's not mention the spiritual inclinations of our new friends to the press and this shouldn't trouble us." She paused before adding, "His Excellency has survived much worse. I'm sure our police force can handle it." But she didn't look so sure.

When the sub-minister returned, the Yuyencians had made an offer for shipping a small number of pick up trucks to test how well they worked.

Col. Tiburcio then asked, "President Bai, what does your military look like?"

Yuyencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Yuyencia » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:16 am

Grand Petaria wrote:"Pick up trucks?" exclaims the business magnate, "This nation's got grit! Those will do nicely in our mountainous lands."

Kevin the radio operator looked scared and worked up. "Sub-minister," he whispered rather loudly, "There are anti-Protestant riots in the capital, and the golden statue of His Excellency in front of the Royal Museum of the Fatherland was graffitied by angry, college students."

The sub-minister replied, "Ah. Then, let's not mention the spiritual inclinations of our new friends to the press and this shouldn't trouble us." She paused before adding, "His Excellency has survived much worse. I'm sure our police force can handle it." But she didn't look so sure.

When the sub-minister returned, the Yuyencians had made an offer for shipping a small number of pick up trucks to test how well they worked.

「Yuyencian are peace love,but are commitment self defend and rightous order security。military are combine arm manover warfare main focus,are neighbor west Nazi jinland empire and south China threat mainly。soldier are equipment not complete modern but unit are synergy hard work excellent technology overcome challenge,faith patriotism are motivate」

Grand Petaria
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Petaria » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:43 pm

Yuyencia wrote:
Grand Petaria wrote:"Pick up trucks?" exclaims the business magnate, "This nation's got grit! Those will do nicely in our mountainous lands."

「Yuyencian are peace love,but are commitment self defend and rightous order security。military are combine arm manover warfare main focus,are neighbor west Nazi jinland empire and south China threat mainly。soldier are equipment not complete modern but unit are synergy hard work excellent technology overcome challenge,faith patriotism are motivate」

"Perfecto," exclaims the Colonel, "I believe we could use the help of Yuyencian military advisors to help us suppress unrest."

"President Bai," interrupts Sub-minister Marsha, "we would be happy to build an embassy for your delegates, if you would reciprocate. We are also willing to waive customary visa restrictions for Yuyencian tourists and to maintain tariffs on cars imports. Does this arrangement sound agreeable to you?"

Yuyencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Yuyencia » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:22 am

「My friend I am apologize。I am believe yuyencia defend doctrine not allow intervention other country affair。But share knowledge help assist order preserve are possibility。 I am not claim cooperation military impossible only clarificate boundary。」bai long are reply colonel

Bai are turn to Marsha「My friend I am accept,are happy complie」

Yuyencia representation are invitate petaria visitor mans tour trip Xushui area locate north Baoding able see Yuyencian agriculture and company management method are pioneer mr Sun Dawu. Are also ablility relax local hot spring resort

Grand Petaria
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Petaria » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:42 pm

Yuyencia wrote:「My friend I am apologize。I am believe yuyencia defend doctrine not allow intervention other country affair。But share knowledge help assist order preserve are possibility。 I am not claim cooperation military impossible only clarificate boundary。」bai long are reply colonel

Yuyencia representation are invitate petaria visitor mans tour trip Xushui area locate north Baoding able see Yuyencian agriculture and company management method are pioneer mr Sun Dawu. Are also ablility relax local hot spring resort

Yuyencian tourists start visiting Petaria, and Catholics from Petaria immigrate to Yuyencia for more religious liberty. Poor immigrants from Petaria find work in factories in Yuyencia. Yuyencian cars become the new trendy pick-up among mountain dwellers and rural workers.

Some of the religious unrest in Petaria's capital begins to die down, but the large number of Catholics leaving the country begin to concern Foreign Ministry officials.

The Congress holds debates about how to crack down on immigration.

The Prime Minister asks Yuyencia to increase its immigration security and stop letting so many immigrants remain illegally.

Yuyencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Yuyencia » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:32 am

Grand Petaria wrote:
Yuyencia wrote:「My friend I am apologize。I am believe yuyencia defend doctrine not allow intervention other country affair。But share knowledge help assist order preserve are possibility。 I am not claim cooperation military impossible only clarificate boundary。」bai long are reply colonel

Yuyencian tourists start visiting Petaria, and Catholics from Petaria immigrate to Yuyencia for more religious liberty. Poor immigrants from Petaria find work in factories in Yuyencia. Yuyencian cars become the new trendy pick-up among mountain dwellers and rural workers.

Some of the religious unrest in Petaria's capital begins to die down, but the large number of Catholics leaving the country begin to concern Foreign Ministry officials.

The Congress holds debates about how to crack down on immigration.

The Prime Minister asks Yuyencia to increase its immigration security and stop letting so many immigrants remain illegally.

Yuyencian mans are enjoy new friend ship nations greatly,many are benefit many。

Yuyencia government are pledge act law enforcement immigrant greater,but manyimmigrant are catholic and seek asylum Yuyencian church,church are inability refuse。

Haring Bayang Katagalugan
Attaché

Founded: Oct 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Haring Bayang Katagalugan » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:21 am

Katagalugan Ministry of Foreign Affairs
K. M. F. A.

Offical Document | Opisyal na Dokumento
Haring Bayang Katagalugan Diplomatic Telegram - Offical Diplomatic Telegram

Diplomatic Telegram

Mabuhay mga kaibigan!!!
We are pleased to inform you that we, the hospitable people of Haring Bayang Katagalugan and our leader Kataas-taasang Pangulo Avelino Cuerpo , invite you to come and visit our lovely nation to explore and experience the beautiful and spectacular cultures and traditions every single island in our nation hold dearly. We would also like to inform you that Kataas-taasang Pangulo Avelino Cuerpo will, himself and some other high ranking officials, be welcoming you all with hospitality and heart felt love and care to Haring Bayang Katagalugan once you've landed your aircraft at Clark Air Base. We will prepare a fiesta to welcome you all and to prove that everyone no matter what race or colour is welcome in Haring Bayang Katagalugan! We hope to see you soon! Mabuhay at ingat kayo!!
Last edited by Haring Bayang Katagalugan on Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Repúbliká
of

HARING BAYANG KATAGALUGAN
"Isáng Watawat, Isáng Bansá, Isáng Wikà!"
Heneral ♞ of The Srivijayan Consortium

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates