NATION

PASSWORD

The Prince's Ball (IC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Teressien
Envoy

Founded: Mar 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

The Prince's Ball (IC)

Postby Teressien » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:01 am

Hello and welcome to The Prince's Ball!
Please apply and be accepted on this OOC before posting here!
Now let's have a blast!

Enya Findehoof. Schloss Zyng, Grand Ball Room.
Sunday, the 4th of August, 2019.

The procedure for new arrivals would be rather simple.
Basically right next to the entrance stood the Fürst of Teressien with his date, read me, and welcomed guests. A short greeting, a handshake, maybe a kiss on the hand for the lady, then next one. More detailed conversations would follow later tonight.
I stood next to Alrich, the man with the mop of brown hair on his head and the shining, violet eyes, greeting Adalrich and Oda von Ehrenback, the Minister of Foreign Affairs and his wife, of course kissing Oda's hand and shaking Adalrich's hand, the older man putting Alrich's hand into a vice-like grip.
I then bowed my head to Oda, then received a surprisingly gallant kiss on the back of my hand from her husband. I smiled and did a small curtsy, which seemed to amuse the older gentleman.
What he saw, when he looked at me?
I was blonde, shoulder-length hair in two cute pig tails on the side of my head, with blue-green eyes, quite well-endowed (if I may say so) and a known actress and model. The Avalanche of Steel had just been released in Teressien, the first movie I starred in, and the current catalogue of Bicíní Industries, a clothes company both my sisters modeled for as well, was just released as well. I was also known as the daughter of the current Ambassador of the Principality in the Free Lands of the Selkie (the country, where Bicíní Industries came from), and went to school there, but wanted to study in Teressien once I had finished that.
All of that wasn't exactly a state secret. What had been kept like one had been my dress for tonight, not even Alrich had known until he had come to my room to pick me up.
Teressian Dress Code allowed for traditional costumes during white tie occasions, and I knew, that we would be seeing quite a few tonight, and so I wore my Gwand, the traditional costume for Teressian Women. Also known as Tracht, the dress consisted of a bodice, in my case closed by cross lacing and in black, a white blouse with a low cut and short puff sleeves underneath that. Traditionally, the skirt was supposed to be ankle-length and while more modern variations allow for shorter ones, mine went down to mid-calf, a half-apron with lace-trimmings completing the look. In the ways of jewelry, I only wore a small silver pendant, which rested on my collarbone, a gift from my Papa.
Alrich wore Drachtenanzug, the very formal male variation, a woolen jacket with relatively huge, wooden buttons, a cravat around his neck, dark pants, a white shirt with a standing collar underneath the jacket, so we were synchronized. He was a good-looking man.
As Adalrich and Oda departed and we had a moment to take a deep breath, I looked into the Grand Ball Room, which was filling up with guests. The orchestra, the Orchester der Philharmonie von Zyng under Mister Mailo Dakt, played ambient music as a warm-up exercise. Maids were fluttering around in their uniforms, refilling drinks and getting things, guests were having small talk before the actual ball began with the Polonaise.
The Grand Ball Room was on the ground floor of the Eastern Wing, fifty metres long and twenty wide, 14 metres high. On either side were six large, ten metre high windows, but only those on the left had glass doors in them, which led out to a patio, which was also prepared for the ball for those, who wanted to catch a few breaths of fresh air while overlooking the gardens, illuminated by torches. It was a warm summer night, so that was a viable option, and I knew, that Alrich would take me on a stroll through the gardens later tonight.
Anyway, the ball room itself was boarded with the wood of five different sorts of trees, which all had different shades and thus created a pattern. Where some saw circles, I saw flowers in full bloom. The centre of the floor, in front of the orchestra at the far end, was the dance floor and already held free.
"Don't worry.", Alrich whispered into my ear, "The fun part will come soon enough."
I turned to him and saw his small, little smile, which told me, that he knew exactly what I was thinking.
I smiled back. "I have you on my dance card already.", I told him in the same volume, which made him smile. It was even a literal dance card, so... he knew, that I was not kidding. And he knew, which dances we would take together.
We turned back to the entrance, waiting for the next guest or pair of guests or even group of guests to arrive and to be greeted.

Draycora
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Draycora » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:37 am

Häkkinen Couple

Nyyrikki Häkkinen has been on many balls since he took up office as the Elvish head of state, but he was very happy about it. In his whole reign, as Prince of Draycora, he had never been to another principality. He was curious to meet another ruling prince. The relationship of the two principalities was rather lukewarm. There was no conflict, but no great friendship.
This was probably the professional reason why he was here: diplomacy. Prince Nyyrikki often handled diplomatic affairs on balls and dinner parties, which brought him great praise but also great ridicule. Anyway, he was often successful with it.
The personal reason was of course his love for soirees abroad. Although he was sure that nothing in the world could top the Elvish festival culture, he loved to travel to foreign countries and celebrate there. Of course, he always took his wife along on such trips. On the one hand, this made a more sympathetic impression, on the other hand, she was his biggest support.
The couple now reached the castle. They would be noticed in their wardrobe. The prince heard that it was appropriate to wear traditional clothes, which he thought was great. He and his wife wanted to look as Elbish as possible. He was dressed in a velvet red brocade jacket, which is known from the Baroque. This was decorated with golden embroidery and ornaments. Underneath was a vest of the same design, which formed its upper part into an elegant tailcoat. His trousers resembled rider's trousers, also dyed in burgundy and they flowed in polished boots. In his left hand he held a golden walking stick, the handle of which represented a red bead. His long, blond hair was tied into a ponytail, making his fine, slender face look even slimmer and finer. His green eyes stared out of his face. He was not wearing a tie. It was unusual to wear such in Draycora, even politicians and businessmen were mostly in suits without ties.
Lady Mháire Häkkinen, the wife of the monarch, was wrapped in a long, red dress that went to the end of her legs but was open on one side. In addition, it had a free back and a traditional-deep neckline, the edges of which was decorated with golden embroidery. For Elvish women, it was customary to play with their charms through their ball clothing. The beautiful lady let her long, brown hair fall over her shoulders and her also brown doe eyes made her look polite and innocent.
The couple represents what set Draycora apart: freedom, opulence, and a touch of stubbornness. Arm in arm they went on and arrived in the ballroom. On the way they met Prince Alrich and a lady who was unknown to the elvish prince. As the couple stood in front of them, she bowed both. The young Prince Nyyrikki spoke in German, which he mastered very well, but probably could not hide his Finnish accent.
"Good evening, your Serene Highness," he said. "We are happy to be here".
Last edited by Draycora on Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Teressien
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Teressien » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:29 am

Draycora wrote:Häkkinen Couple

Nyyrikki Häkkinen has been on many balls since he took up office as the Elvish head of state, but he was very happy about it. In his whole reign, as Prince of Draycora, he had never been to another principality. He was curious to meet another ruling prince. The relationship of the two principalities was rather lukewarm. There was no conflict, but no great friendship.
This was probably the professional reason why he was here: diplomacy. Prince Nyyrikki often handled diplomatic affairs on balls and dinner parties, which brought him great praise but also great ridicule. Anyway, he was often successful with it.
The personal reason was of course his love for soirees abroad. Although he was sure that nothing in the world could top the Elvish festival culture, he loved to travel to foreign countries and celebrate there. Of course, he always took his wife along on such trips. On the one hand, this made a more sympathetic impression, on the other hand, she was his biggest support.
The couple now reached the castle. They would be noticed in their wardrobe. The prince heard that it was appropriate to wear traditional clothes, which he thought was great. He and his wife wanted to look as Elbish as possible. He was dressed in a velvet red brocade jacket, which is known from the Baroque. This was decorated with golden embroidery and ornaments. Underneath was a vest of the same design, which formed its upper part into an elegant tailcoat. His trousers resembled rider's trousers, also dyed in burgundy and they flowed in polished boots. In his left hand he held a golden walking stick, the handle of which represented a red bead. His long, blond hair was tied into a ponytail, making his fine, slender face look even slimmer and finer. His green eyes stared out of his face. He was not wearing a tie. It was unusual to wear such in Draycora, even politicians and businessmen were mostly in suits without ties.
Lady Mháire Häkkinen, the wife of the monarch, was wrapped in a long, red dress that went to the end of her legs but was open on one side. In addition, it had a free back and a traditional-deep neckline, the edges of which was decorated with golden embroidery. For Elvish women, it was customary to play with their charms through their ball clothing. The beautiful lady let her long, brown hair fall over her shoulders and her also brown doe eyes made her look polite and innocent.
The couple represents what set Draycora apart: freedom, opulence, and a touch of stubbornness. Arm in arm they went on and arrived in the ballroom. On the way they met Prince Alrich and a lady who was unknown to the elvish prince. As the couple stood in front of them, she bowed both. The young Prince Nyyrikki spoke in German, which he mastered very well, but probably could not hide his Finnish accent.
"Good evening, your Serene Highness," he said. "We are happy to be here".

Enya Findehoof.
I smiled as the first people from further abroad came through the ballroom doors, a blonde man with a finely-cut face and a woman, who was brunette and looked both polite and innocent. They looked very good in their red clothes, especially the Lady's dress looked very good - and I was sure, that some men in the ball room would say stunning.
Regardless, when they arrived in front of us, they bowed, which we returned, then the man spoke in an only slightly-accented German: "Good evening, your Serene Highness. We are happy to be here."
Alrich smiled and replied in the same language, not even trying to hide his own accent, the vowels slightly elongated, an enunciation, which seemed almost overdone and an inflection, which bordered on sounding bored. It was Teressian German in its purest form.
"The pleasure is all mine, Prince Nyyrikki.", he spoke. "I hope, that we can talk more later, but for now, I must excuse both myself and Enya." I bowed my head slightly, smiling. "Please, enjoy the party!"
That all being said and done, they were free to enter the Ball Room itself, where two someones were already out to meet them, namely Adalrich von Ehrenback and Oda von Ehrenback, the Minister of Foreign Affairs and his wife.
He was a tall, inconspicuous man nearing the end of his fifties, blue eyes and white hair, dressed in a tailcoat with white tie and dark pants, classical attire, as he believed to look ridiculous in Drachtenanzug, a belief, which was shared by his wife, who wore a black dress to match, floor length, her own blonde hair almost touching the ground themselves.
They had positioned themselves close to the Prince and me, almost as if they wanted to intercept the Prince of Draycora and his wife.

Shikonjima
Diplomat

Founded: May 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Shikonjima » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:18 am

Entrance to the Grand Ball Room, Schloss Zyng, Baronat Zyng, Fürstentum Teressien.
It was the end of a long flight, from one Principality at a remote corner of the world to another Principality at another remote corner of the world, but at the end of the day, Genki Furuyama, pilot of the RSAF Shouzo, had mastered his job, including the landing at the airport - not on the 4th floor toilet of the residential block down the street this time.
Whoever would see the five Shikonjimanese Royals tonight, he or she would see a colorful bunch, with three Ladies wearing a Gwand, one of them preferring a rather rebellian version of it, one lad in Kimono, as well as another lad deciding to show up in a Drachtenanzug. Especially since none of them looked particularly Teressian, or even remotely related to one, it would be likely to see quite a lot of people suppressing a grin.
The squad was led by Princess Kyouko Yamura, the Koushaku of Shikonjima. The Lady in charge of everything. Known as Kyouko III. abroad (to avoid confusion with one of the other Kyoukos - never mind, that both of them had arrived in Shisekai already centuries ago!), the 26-year-old was already a professional when it came to state visits - she had already met President Silas Flemming of Lillorainen, President Arafat Ismaili of Shamsiyya, El Presidente Guillermo Torrejón Paredes of Carlotina and the Islands of the Moana Nui, King Hassan of Ahjada (may the Gods rest his soul), the entire Wiedheimer Magistrat, and so on, the list could continue. It was her first visit to Teressien, though, but seeing something new was always exciting and fun.
Then there was her 24-year-old sister, Princess Shiko Yamura. Normally seen in a silk dress variant adopted from the Sharulsi Khanate when back home, she now appeared in a Gwand. As a sort of honorary Royal Advisor, she recently had ended up as a representative of the Royal Clan on social media - thus, she wasn't exactly unknown abroad, either.
They were accompanied by a quite unusual couple - not a literal couple, at least not officially, but there were rumors ... him being Prince Jirou Yamura, 30 years old and a gaming nerd, and, as a side note, his Father's designated successor, thus the future Count of Shirayuki (formerly a Barony), with a loose tongue and always prepared to drop a joke. His cousin - again, not literally - being nobody lesser than 22-year-old Princess Shiruko Tamori of Akebono, the Speed Junkie one would normally see in black leather dress rather than in a Gwand, but when in Teressien, do as the Teressians do.
The fifth lad, about Kyouko's age, in Kimono, had different thoughts, and his background was not a state secret - which would also have been pointless, for one could already guess from his Polynesian name, that he was not fully Shikonjimanese. Prince Keoke was the offspring of a liaison between Prince Yoshihiro Tamori of Inushima and a young lady of the Tribe of Kahana, during a visit to the Kelaina Free State many years ago. Keoke had grown up as Keoke Hilo Kahului in a tropical village near Inilani, thus had experienced the Revolution and the founding of the U.C. as a child. And although his name was now Keoke Kahana Tamori (using his Tribe's name as a middle name, for it was easier to pronounce for Shikonjimanese), and living on Inushima, the Island of Dogs, he was quite proud of his background. Jirou, both his Granddads having had a similar liaison in Shamsiyya, could only agree.
When the five Royals arrived at the entrance of the Great Ball Room, they recognized Prince Alrich and Enya Findehoof at once.
Kyouko was the first one to greet her Teressian counterpart. "Shikon wa anata o shukufuku suru kamo shiremasen, Alrich-Koushaku!" - she said, using the Shikonjimanese Standard Phrase to greet a Royal, May the Four Souls bless you, Prince Alrich! She continued in a lightly accented German, "Good evening, Your Highness, it's a pleasure for me and for us all to meet you!"
Shiko, Jirou, Keoke, and Shiruko bowed, in the precise angle a Shikonjimanese would consider appropriate.
"And you as well, of course, Miss Findehoof!" - she continued, turning to Enya. Another round of bows followed.
Last edited by Shikonjima on Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 09, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:47 am

Agathe Blachkov and Colonel Bradley Myers

After a long trip by plane from the Empire's capital, Blachkov DC, the Dowager Empress and her lover had finally arrived to the Principalty of Teressien for the ball organized by Fürst Alrich III.
Although the Dowager Empress had been to many balls, both at home and abroad, for her companion,this would be a grand premiere, as a high ranking guest and not as a security guard that is.
For this occasion, Agathe was wearing a violet evening gown with the shoulders and collarbone exposed, showing only the top of the cleavage, but with two small straps that were going on each side of her neck and who crossed over her back, back who was left exposed to the middle. A pair of elbow-length gloves completed the ensemble, as well as a small emerald pendant representing an oak leave, the tree from where the name Blachkov came from (meaning small forest of oak trees). She was also wearing two golden earings with white pearls attached to them. Her long brown hair was flowing freely past her shoulders and down to the middle of her back.

Her companion, Colonel Bradley Myers of the Imperial Guard, was wearing the Evening Dress Uniform of the Imperial Guard, which was by Imperial standards, equivalent to white tie attire. Kt consists of a black evening coat with sleeve ornementation, a white shirt with piqué bib, a scarlet cummerbund, a strip collar, and black trousers with a thin scarlet stripe embroidered inside a golden stripe. Black shoes and an peaked cap with a black visor and golden embroidery completed the ensemble, with miniature medals and badges over the left breast.
Also, hanging from his belt in a black leather sheath, his Imperial Guard Dagger, with the pommel representing an Imperial Scarlet Eagle holding a sword and an oak leave in its claws, and the handle being wrapped in black leather.
The most important thing to note about the Colonel though, was not on the uniform, but on his face, where apart from the beard, the most striking detail is a black eyepatch over the left eye, with a small scar visible, testimony of his left eye being torn out by Talibans in 2002 in Afghanistan, when the Empire intervened there after the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

As they have gotten down from the car who brought them here, the couple takes some time to take the sights of the Castle where the ball will be held, before entering and going to pay their respect to Alrich. Before them though, was the delegation from Shiknonjima.
"Good evening Your Majesty, says Agathe in German, with a bow of the head to the Furst once the guests before them have cleared up. It's an honor for us to be here and visit your nation for the first time. And good evening to you as well Miss Findehoof, she adds to Enya.
-My respect your Highness, continues Bradley as he puts his hand to his forehead in a military salute, before nodding to Enya with a smile. And to you too Miss, he adds to her.
Last edited by The Scarlet Eagle on Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
A 1.1428571429 civilization, according to this one
I don't use NS stats

Change rate
: 1 Imperial Dollar = 1.86 NSD

Embassy Program

Teressien
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Teressien » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:38 am

Shikonjima wrote:Entrance to the Grand Ball Room, Schloss Zyng, Baronat Zyng, Fürstentum Teressien.
It was the end of a long flight, from one Principality at a remote corner of the world to another Principality at another remote corner of the world, but at the end of the day, Genki Furuyama, pilot of the RSAF Shouzo, had mastered his job, including the landing at the airport - not on the 4th floor toilet of the residential block down the street this time.
Whoever would see the five Shikonjimanese Royals tonight, he or she would see a colorful bunch, with three Ladies wearing a Gwand, one of them preferring a rather rebellian version of it, one lad in Kimono, as well as another lad deciding to show up in a Drachtenanzug. Especially since none of them looked particularly Teressian, or even remotely related to one, it would be likely to see quite a lot of people suppressing a grin.
The squad was led by Princess Kyouko Yamura, the Koushaku of Shikonjima. The Lady in charge of everything. Known as Kyouko III. abroad (to avoid confusion with one of the other Kyoukos - never mind, that both of them had arrived in Shisekai already centuries ago!), the 26-year-old was already a professional when it came to state visits - she had already met President Silas Flemming of Lillorainen, President Arafat Ismaili of Shamsiyya, El Presidente Guillermo Torrejón Paredes of Carlotina and the Islands of the Moana Nui, King Hassan of Ahjada (may the Gods rest his soul), the entire Wiedheimer Magistrat, and so on, the list could continue. It was her first visit to Teressien, though, but seeing something new was always exciting and fun.
Then there was her 24-year-old sister, Princess Shiko Yamura. Normally seen in a silk dress variant adopted from the Sharulsi Khanate when back home, she now appeared in a Gwand. As a sort of honorary Royal Advisor, she recently had ended up as a representative of the Royal Clan on social media - thus, she wasn't exactly unknown abroad, either.
They were accompanied by a quite unusual couple - not a literal couple, at least not officially, but there were rumors ... him being Prince Jirou Yamura, 30 years old and a gaming nerd, and, as a side note, his Father's designated successor, thus the future Count of Shirayuki (formerly a Barony), with a loose tongue and always prepared to drop a joke. His cousin - again, not literally - being nobody lesser than 22-year-old Princess Shiruko Tamori of Akebono, the Speed Junkie one would normally see in black leather dress rather than in a Gwand, but when in Teressien, do as the Teressians do.
The fifth lad, about Kyouko's age, in Kimono, had different thoughts, and his background was not a state secret - which would also have been pointless, for one could already guess from his Polynesian name, that he was not fully Shikonjimanese. Prince Keoke was the offspring of a liaison between Prince Yoshihiro Tamori of Inushima and a young lady of the Tribe of Kahana, during a visit to the Kelaina Free State many years ago. Keoke had grown up as Keoke Hilo Kahului in a tropical village near Inilani, thus had experienced the Revolution and the founding of the U.C. as a child. And although his name was now Keoke Kahana Tamori (using his Tribe's name as a middle name, for it was easier to pronounce for Shikonjimanese), and living on Inushima, the Island of Dogs, he was quite proud of his background. Jirou, both his Granddads having had a similar liaison in Shamsiyya, could only agree.
When the five Royals arrived at the entrance of the Great Ball Room, they recognized Prince Alrich and Enya Findehoof at once.
Kyouko was the first one to greet her Teressian counterpart. "Shikon wa anata o shukufuku suru kamo shiremasen, Alrich-Koushaku!" - she said, using the Shikonjimanese Standard Phrase to greet a Royal, May the Four Souls bless you, Prince Alrich! She continued in a lightly accented German, "Good evening, Your Highness, it's a pleasure for me and for us all to meet you!"
Shiko, Jirou, Keoke, and Shiruko bowed, in the precise angle a Shikonjimanese would consider appropriate.
"And you as well, of course, Miss Findehoof!" - she continued, turning to Enya. Another round of bows followed.

Enya Findehoof.
When the Shikonmanjese arrived, I would have to admit to being a bit surprised, mainly due to their style of dress: I would have expected them to come in Kimonos, the traditional dress of their homecountry, simple, yet elegant.
Then again, them coming in our traditional dresses was a pleasant surprise and I loved surprises!
Bows were exchanged, with Alrich intoning in Teressian German: "May the Spirits of the Seas, Rivers, Mountains and Trees be kind to You, my dear guests, and may you find enjoyment tonight." He rose and smiled softly. "The pleasure is all ours. If I may say so, find your choice in attire very remarkable, Princess Kyouko... if I am permitted, the Tracht suits both You, Princess Yamura and Princess Shiruko very well." He let the softest and smallest of smiles show. He nodded to both gentlemen, hopefully telling them, that they looked good, too, but it was more polite to compliment the ladies. "I do hope, that we can find a chance to talk more later and I hope for a dance as well."
I smiled at Shiko. "Among us, Prince Vin is looking forward to a dance, too.", I told her with a small wink, "Look for a blonde young man in a white suit with a blue tie."
I could feel Alrich's smile - he knew of my and my family's habit of playing matchmaker whenever possible and even if it was only for a dance or two, I was sure, that Shiko and Vin would get along well.
If his Social Media Stories were to be believed, that is.
Indeed, not too far away, said young man and his sister were standing and watching the proceedings for a bit, as if they were waiting on something or rather someone.
By the time the Shikonmanjese were gone into the ball room, the next ones were already at the starting blocks, namely the people from...
The Scarlet Eagle wrote:Agathe Blachkov and Colonel Bradley Myers

After a long trip by plane from the Empire's capital, Blachkov DC, the Dowager Empress and her lover had finally arrived to the Principalty of Teressien for the ball organized by Fürst Alrich III.
Although the Dowager Empress had been to many balls, both at home and abroad, for her companion,this would be a grand premiere, as a high ranking guest and not as a security guard that is.
For this occasion, Agathe was wearing a violet evening gown with the shoulders and collarbone exposed, showing only the top of the cleavage, but with two small straps that were going on each side of her neck and who crossed over her back, back who was left exposed to the middle. A pair of elbow-length gloves completed the ensemble, as well as a small emerald pendant representing an oak leave, the tree from where the name Blachkov came from (meaning small forest of oak trees). She was also wearing two golden earings with white pearls attached to them. Her long brown hair was flowing freely past her shoulders and down to the middle of her back.

Her companion, Colonel Bradley Myers of the Imperial Guard, was wearing the Evening Dress Uniform of the Imperial Guard, which was by Imperial standards, equivalent to white tie attire. Kt consists of a black evening coat with sleeve ornementation, a white shirt with piqué bib, a scarlet cummerbund, a strip collar, and black trousers with a thin scarlet stripe embroidered inside a golden stripe. Black shoes and an peaked cap with a black visor and golden embroidery completed the ensemble, with miniature medals and badges over the left breast.
Also, hanging from his belt in a black leather sheath, his Imperial Guard Dagger, with the pommel representing an Imperial Scarlet Eagle holding a sword and an oak leave in its claws, and the handle being wrapped in black leather.
The most important thing to note about the Colonel though, was not on the uniform, but on his face, where apart from the beard, the most striking detail is a black eyepatch over the left eye, with a small scar visible, testimony of his left eye being torn out by Talibans in 2002 in Afghanistan, when the Empire intervened there after the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

As they have gotten down from the car who brought them here, the couple takes some time to take the sights of the Castle where the ball will be held, before entering and going to pay their respect to Alrich. Before them though, was the delegation from Shiknonjima.
"Good evening Your Majesty, says Agathe in German, with a bow of the head to the Furst once the guests before them have cleared up. It's an honor for us to be here and visit your nation for the first time. And good evening to you as well Miss Findehoof, she adds to Enya.
-My respect your Highness, continues Bradley as he puts his hand to his forehead in a military salute, before nodding to Enya with a smile. And to you too Miss, he adds to her.

Ah, yes, the Empire of the Scarlet Eagle... an acquaintance to our friends in Kyrenaia, who had, true to Kyrenaian Form, not spoken a word. Prince Damir, who was already in the Ballroom somewhere with his daughter (of course, both of them wearing Fistan Alshams), had told Alrich with a small smile, that he should form his own opinion.
We had looked them up ourselves...
Alrich did not even reply to the salute, instead spoke in clear, Received Pronounciation English: "The pleasure is a all ours, Dowager-Empress. Welcome to Schloss Zyng." He let a beat pass. "I am afraid, that we will have to talk later, if the time permits. For now, have fun at the Ball."
I bowed my head as well, ignoring the salute as well. My smile to either of them was the usual wide one, especially when looking at Mister Bradley. "I hope to meet you later, too.", I said and that was the end of that.

Shikonjima
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shikonjima » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:32 am

Teressien wrote:Enya Findehoof.
When the Shikonmanjese arrived, I would have to admit to being a bit surprised, mainly due to their style of dress: I would have expected them to come in Kimonos, the traditional dress of their homecountry, simple, yet elegant.
Then again, them coming in our traditional dresses was a pleasant surprise and I loved surprises!
Bows were exchanged, with Alrich intoning in Teressian German: "May the Spirits of the Seas, Rivers, Mountains and Trees be kind to You, my dear guests, and may you find enjoyment tonight." He rose and smiled softly. "The pleasure is all ours. If I may say so, find your choice in attire very remarkable, Princess Kyouko... if I am permitted, the Tracht suits both You, Princess Yamura and Princess Shiruko very well." He let the softest and smallest of smiles show. He nodded to both gentlemen, hopefully telling them, that they looked good, too, but it was more polite to compliment the ladies. "I do hope, that we can find a chance to talk more later and I hope for a dance as well."
I smiled at Shiko. "Among us, Prince Vin is looking forward to a dance, too.", I told her with a small wink, "Look for a blonde young man in a white suit with a blue tie."
I could feel Alrich's smile - he knew of my and my family's habit of playing matchmaker whenever possible and even if it was only for a dance or two, I was sure, that Shiko and Vin would get along well.
If his Social Media Stories were to be believed, that is.
Indeed, not too far away, said young man and his sister were standing and watching the proceedings for a bit, as if they were waiting on something or rather someone.
By the time the Shikonmanjese were gone into the ball room, the next ones were already at the starting blocks, namely the people from...
...the Empire of the Scarlet Eagle. [...]

It was hardly a surprise, that Prince Alrich complimented the ladies a bit more - after all, this was a custom of politeness, not only in these parts. And it was good to see, that he did not overdo it - Kyouko's and Shiko's brother Shinzou had definitely overdone it with his neverending series of compliments towards Princess Nesrin of Ahjada during a state visit in Rosfahan in 2014, still in a polite manner, but grinning and staring as if he'd been sure to get her on a cuppa coffee and yadda-yadda-yadda the night. Daraino's balls, that had been embarrassing! Luckily, he was more mature nowadays.
Shiko had to grin about Enya's remark - indeed, she looked forward to meeting Vin. Kyouko had to smile as well, for she knew the Social Media Stories as well - she did have a PiffleNet account, but mostly kept it with reading along. In any case, she looked forward to seeing her Little Sis around with Vin, and if it was only for a dance or two.
All of them were also glad, that their surprise went well - even Keoke, despite wearing Kimono. He always did, simply because he found it more practical. They thanked Enya and the Fürst, then entered the Ball Room.
Indeed, Prince Vin and Princess Heda were easy to find. Kyouko went first, taking over approaching them, following the protocol.
"Servas!" - she greeted them in Teressian. And again, the famous opening: "Shikon wa anata-gata o shukufuku suru kamo shiremasen, Doruhi no Ouji, Doruhi no Hime!" Bows followed. Kyouko continued in German, "It's an honor for us all to meet you, Prince, Princess." She let a beat pass. "Especially for an Ominous Person around, I dare to assume." She smiled and turned to her Little Sis, whispering, "Ikimasu!", Go on.
Shiko grinned and made a step forward, showing her figure in Tracht, in a decent manner, of course. With the slight Rhenish accent, the reason for which being well known, she said, "Servas, Vin! As you can see, we've made it here, even though it took us a bit. Pleasure to meet you!"

Kuronami
Minister

Founded: Nov 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:25 am

Barely in Office and already called up to represent the Empire for a formal occasion. That was now the position Benedict von Eylstadt and his lovely wife, Cecelia found themselves in. It felt like less than a minute he sat down in his office chair, Fine came up to him with the formal invite. Leaning over his desk in such a way that made her seem more coy than regretful for putting the inconvenience upon him.

"Why don't you go, this is more your thing."

"oooh I'd love to go! But I have a thick stack of bills yay high I need to get through before the next session of the NAS, Then I have a few meetings with some of our friends and I'll be needing Benio for that one. I figure we just had a find grand occasion where we welcomed guests to greet you, you could do the same."

"All right." He took the invite from her hand. "You're the best, big bro!" She departed his office just as quickly as she blew in.

And that was that. Now here they were at Schloss Zyng of Teressien.

"Oooh it's lovely here!" Cecelia remarked. "Don't you think, Benny?"

"I do. It'll be a nice occasion for the both of us."

"Aren't you glad you got talked into this?"

"Sure sure but still, Fine could have done with a bit more notice on this. I think she's getting me back for all the times I bossed her around as a kid."

"Haha isn't that just what little sisters will do when given the chance? I know if I had a chance to boss my older sister, I would!"

"Well lucky for you, Ceecee, you do have that now."

Wrapping her arm around his the couple made way inside to the ballroom. Wearing the same formal attire they wore on their own ball. Military dress for him, formal Princess-like-gown for her. Her fairy tale romance had come true and she wanted to dress the part.

Port Ember
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 06, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Port Ember » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:23 am

Jolene Gudfrey's arrival

As Jolene stopped and climbed out of her soulfull red Umbra Spectre, with its custom diamond encrusted steering wheel, she allowed the valet to take control of it. A carefull observer could notice the envy and joy within the eyes of the valet driver as he laid his eyes upon the car. Even at an event with some of the world's most powerfull and richest persons, this car drew attention - and Jolene loved it.

She walked nonchalantly down the red carpet, feeling fantastic. A secret in life she invented for herself, a common mantra 'If you look good, you feel good, you feel good, you do good.' She wore a soulfull red dress, a strapless one which bared her neckline and shoulders bare, with a V-line, hinting at her gifted bossom, yet not revealing too much offcourse. Her diamond earings and necklace and ring helped to bring out her natural sparkle in her sparkling blue eyes, with a face only lightly touched with make-up, with her lips painted the same red as her dress. Her hair was made up in a single ponytail and the rest of her golden blonde hair hanging in locks, carressing her face. Her tight fitting dress was knee high, with the back half slightly longer, touching her calves. Her red heels finalised the outfit.

As she entered the hall she noticed the hosts awaiting the new entrants. She recognised the prince, yet not the women by his side. She greeted the prince with a simple "Greetings Your Highness. I wish to thank you for having me." She spoke in german, using a soft yet sweet voice. Her german was laced with a slight Port Emberian accent, but nothing overbearing.
♤ And my proudest work - Hydra Industries - I created all my own military equipment.
♤ A great RP resource -The Average Port Emberian
Port Emberian Embassy Program
♤ My Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/ufkwkCh
However only for members of the GFTC

AHSCA
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 08, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby AHSCA » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:48 am

When political rivals make strange bedfellows

Over the rolling angry seas two women of the UIS, Pacifica and Miela two women of high opinions, strong personalities but somehow oddly attracted to one another? Well hard to say, they weren't madly in love as often the romantics would put it but they had a liking of each other, enough to see where things could go. Both swung for both teams so-to-speak. In politics it was all business, rivalries, competing party ideologies but personally they both actually had a lot of respect for one another. Some would say Pacifica isn't a true Coronan because the color of her skin, Miela would drop kick you if you said that in front of her. A Coronan was a Coronana if they called the island their home and spoke the language. And Pacifica was all that and more. Miela was a feisty girl, some thought her as short tempered but she actually wasn't unless you got on her nerves. It wasn't too long ago both had to compete for top dog in politics but in the end Pacifica managed to edge out in the votes while Miela took the platform left by her predecessors. Both here partly as a date and party as Her Majesty's Envoys to represent the UIS for Teressien.

Pacifica wearing her red dress she had for such occasions while Miela something a bit more cultural but more covered compared to maybe some Coronans stood at the door taking things in. Miela could make some comment about excess or indulgence but honestly she couldn't disagree, this was a nice looking place. "No wonder Monarchs are so lavish."

"Still the tribalist in you, as always, Miela!" Pacifica gested

"Oh you know what I mean. Still I'll be a good kind guest you know, and not make comments"

"Nothing wrong with a sense of tradition, love for the old ways of island life. But we can find a common balance between them."

"Are we at a party or we on The Floor?" Miela smerked at Pacifica's oddly political statement.

"Hehe can't always turn it off."

"By the way, your little girl what did you do for her?"

"Oh left her with my neighbors and friends. She'll be happy and content there but I'm sure she'll miss me."

"You're a good mother. Valora is a lucky girl."

"Not as lucky as me."

Pacifica was indeed the proud mother of one, a young girl she had well because she just wanted to be a mother.

Teressien
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Teressien » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:49 am

Shikonjima wrote:It was hardly a surprise, that Prince Alrich complimented the ladies a bit more - after all, this was a custom of politeness, not only in these parts. And it was good to see, that he did not overdo it - Kyouko's and Shiko's brother Shinzou had definitely overdone it with his neverending series of compliments towards Princess Nesrin of Ahjada during a state visit in Rosfahan in 2014, still in a polite manner, but grinning and staring as if he'd been sure to get her on a cuppa coffee and yadda-yadda-yadda the night. Daraino's balls, that had been embarrassing! Luckily, he was more mature nowadays.
Shiko had to grin about Enya's remark - indeed, she looked forward to meeting Vin. Kyouko had to smile as well, for she knew the Social Media Stories as well - she did have a PiffleNet account, but mostly kept it with reading along. In any case, she looked forward to seeing her Little Sis around with Vin, and if it was only for a dance or two.
All of them were also glad, that their surprise went well - even Keoke, despite wearing Kimono. He always did, simply because he found it more practical. They thanked Enya and the Fürst, then entered the Ball Room.
Indeed, Prince Vin and Princess Heda were easy to find. Kyouko went first, taking over approaching them, following the protocol.
"Servas!" - she greeted them in Teressian. And again, the famous opening: "Shikon wa anata-gata o shukufuku suru kamo shiremasen, Doruhi no Ouji, Doruhi no Hime!" Bows followed. Kyouko continued in German, "It's an honor for us all to meet you, Prince, Princess." She let a beat pass. "Especially for an Ominous Person around, I dare to assume." She smiled and turned to her Little Sis, whispering, "Ikimasu!", Go on.
Shiko grinned and made a step forward, showing her figure in Tracht, in a decent manner, of course. With the slight Rhenish accent, the reason for which being well known, she said, "Servas, Vin! As you can see, we've made it here, even though it took us a bit. Pleasure to meet you!"

Heda, Prinzessin von Dorch.
Before we start, please don't have any doubt: I love my brother dearly. He is a good man, sometimes a bit too much into movies and movie references, but generally a good man.
When the delegates from Shikonjima, their Princess leading them, came to us, he froze, trying to comprehend, what he saw. I saw it, too. Shiko looked... 'stunning' might be the wrong word, as was 'beautiful'.
'Pwetty'? A bit childish.
'Exotic'? No, that was not it, either.
Hm... she made Vin.exe hang itself, that was certain. So, after their greeting, it fell to me to reply.
"The pleasure is entirely ours, Your Majesty.", I spoke in Teressien to the Princess Kyouko, really glad to meet her - we had the same title, but our ranks could not be different and to be honest, I heard many good things about Shikonjima and its Princess. "May the Spirits on the Winds favour Your traveling plans."
And as the little sister was nudged forward, Vin.exe finally managed to restart.
"Servas, Shiko.", my dork of a big brother spoke, "You look..." He did it like the fish did for a bit, searching for an appropriate word and if I interpreted the slight dusting on his cheeks, we were witnessing someone starting to crush on someone pretty hard. He finally concluded: "...words can not do you justice. Seeing you here and now..."
He cleared his throat and smiled at her.
"Milady, I would be greatly honoured, if I were to find a spot on Your Dance Card tonight.", he... I knew, that he was trying to say that, but he stuttered.
It was cute.

Kuronami wrote:Barely in Office and already called up to represent the Empire for a formal occasion. That was now the position Benedict von Eylstadt and his lovely wife, Cecelia found themselves in. It felt like less than a minute he sat down in his office chair, Fine came up to him with the formal invite. Leaning over his desk in such a way that made her seem more coy than regretful for putting the inconvenience upon him.

"Why don't you go, this is more your thing."

"oooh I'd love to go! But I have a thick stack of bills yay high I need to get through before the next session of the NAS, Then I have a few meetings with some of our friends and I'll be needing Benio for that one. I figure we just had a find grand occasion where we welcomed guests to greet you, you could do the same."

"All right." He took the invite from her hand. "You're the best, big bro!" She departed his office just as quickly as she blew in.

And that was that. Now here they were at Schloss Zyng of Teressien.

"Oooh it's lovely here!" Cecelia remarked. "Don't you think, Benny?"

"I do. It'll be a nice occasion for the both of us."

"Aren't you glad you got talked into this?"

"Sure sure but still, Fine could have done with a bit more notice on this. I think she's getting me back for all the times I bossed her around as a kid."

"Haha isn't that just what little sisters will do when given the chance? I know if I had a chance to boss my older sister, I would!"

"Well lucky for you, Ceecee, you do have that now."

Wrapping her arm around his the couple made way inside to the ballroom. Wearing the same formal attire they wore on their own ball. Military dress for him, formal Princess-like-gown for her. Her fairy tale romance had come true and she wanted to dress the part.

Enya Findehoof.
Next came a couple of people, who I looked forward to meeting, for Cecelia and I... I did not know much about her background, but I knew about her current stance: Wife to her Duke.
You might now understand, why I looked forward to meeting her.
Her husband - maybe, too, but not as much as her. Alrich looked forward to meeting him, I knew that, and I presumed due to similar reasons. The two of them looked beautiful together, a bit like out of a fairy tale.
Alrich and I almost intercepted them.
"Duke Benedict, Duchess Cecelia... it is a great pleasure to meet you.", Alrich said, shook the man's hand, then breathed a soft kiss in the back of the Duchess' hand - kissing of the hand, an appropriate greeting to start the evening off. "I hope, that we can talk more later."
"Indeed, I look forward to it, Your Highnesses!", I said, smiling especially at Cecelia.
"Please, have fun at the party!", Alrich said with a smile and let them past, onto the ballroom floor.
There, the two of them, I noted, were already expected by a woman with short, blonde hair and ruby-red eyes, who wore a floor length, black dress without back. She was dark skinned and that left little doubt as to who the woman with the very female curves was: Princess Fara bint-Dardan of the Ilkhanate of Megido and one of Kyrenaia's Special Ambassadors.
She smiled as she invited them to join her.
We didn't have much time to relax, though, as...
Port Ember wrote:Jolene Gudfrey's arrival

As Jolene stopped and climbed out of her soulfull red Umbra Spectre, with its custom diamond encrusted steering wheel, she allowed the valet to take control of it. A carefull observer could notice the envy and joy within the eyes of the valet driver as he laid his eyes upon the car. Even at an event with some of the world's most powerfull and richest persons, this car drew attention - and Jolene loved it.

She walked nonchalantly down the red carpet, feeling fantastic. A secret in life she invented for herself, a common mantra 'If you look good, you feel good, you feel good, you do good.' She wore a soulfull red dress, a strapless one which bared her neckline and shoulders bare, with a V-line, hinting at her gifted bossom, yet not revealing too much offcourse. Her diamond earings and necklace and ring helped to bring out her natural sparkle in her sparkling blue eyes, with a face only lightly touched with make-up, with her lips painted the same red as her dress. Her hair was made up in a single ponytail and the rest of her golden blonde hair hanging in locks, carressing her face. Her tight fitting dress was knee high, with the back half slightly longer, touching her calves. Her red heels finalised the outfit.

As she entered the hall she noticed the hosts awaiting the new entrants. She recognised the prince, yet not the women by his side. She greeted the prince with a simple "Greetings Your Highness. I wish to thank you for having me." She spoke in german, using a soft yet sweet voice. Her german was laced with a slight Port Emberian accent, but nothing overbearing.

Gudfrey was a businesswoman and apparently a very good one, as the research concluded, from Port Ember, where nearly everything was allowed.
She was also a very good-looking woman and apparently someone, who had little interest in formalities. Suited us fine, her 'simple' greetings of "Greetings Your Highness. I wish to thank you for having me." in German with as light accent (I was tempted to say, that it was a Port Embrian Accent, believe it or not) said more about her as she most likely intended.
"I thank you for coming, Miss Gudfrey.", Alrich said with a small bow of his head and then kissed the back of her hand. He spoke in Teressian German, the vowels slightly elongated, an enunciation, which seemed almost overdone and an inflection, which bordered on sounding bored. "It is my pleasure to welcome you here at Schloss Zyng. I hope, that we can talk more later tonight, maybe over a drink or two?"
Already someone was moving into position to have a word or two with her, I knew that. And I recognized Gerulf von Sykane, the CEO of Sykane Mining, and his wife, he, a brown-haired, blue-eyes man in White Tie Suit, she a violet-haired, green-eyed woman in a ball gown without back. He had a sharply cut face and one, which was not made to smile, but I knew, that he was a good businessman.

AHSCA wrote:When political rivals make strange bedfellows

Over the rolling angry seas two women of the UIS, Pacifica and Miela two women of high opinions, strong personalities but somehow oddly attracted to one another? Well hard to say, they weren't madly in love as often the romantics would put it but they had a liking of each other, enough to see where things could go. Both swung for both teams so-to-speak. In politics it was all business, rivalries, competing party ideologies but personally they both actually had a lot of respect for one another. Some would say Pacifica isn't a true Coronan because the color of her skin, Miela would drop kick you if you said that in front of her. A Coronan was a Coronana if they called the island their home and spoke the language. And Pacifica was all that and more. Miela was a feisty girl, some thought her as short tempered but she actually wasn't unless you got on her nerves. It wasn't too long ago both had to compete for top dog in politics but in the end Pacifica managed to edge out in the votes while Miela took the platform left by her predecessors. Both here partly as a date and party as Her Majesty's Envoys to represent the UIS for Teressien.

Pacifica wearing her red dress she had for such occasions while Miela something a bit more cultural but more covered compared to maybe some Coronans stood at the door taking things in. Miela could make some comment about excess or indulgence but honestly she couldn't disagree, this was a nice looking place. "No wonder Monarchs are so lavish."

"Still the tribalist in you, as always, Miela!" Pacifica gested

"Oh you know what I mean. Still I'll be a good kind guest you know, and not make comments"

"Nothing wrong with a sense of tradition, love for the old ways of island life. But we can find a common balance between them."

"Are we at a party or we on The Floor?" Miela smerked at Pacifica's oddly political statement.

"Hehe can't always turn it off."

"By the way, your little girl what did you do for her?"

"Oh left her with my neighbors and friends. She'll be happy and content there but I'm sure she'll miss me."

"You're a good mother. Valora is a lucky girl."

"Not as lucky as me."

Pacifica was indeed the proud mother of one, a young girl she had well because she just wanted to be a mother.

Once Gudfrey was welcomed and sent on her merry way, the next were already coming in, namely Madame Pacifica and Madame Miela from the Parliament of the United Island States of AHSCA. Two women without last-names, deeply rooted in the traditions of their home.
I admired them a bit, especially since they, despite their opposition to each other on the political field, still were friends. And they looked like that, too.
So, when they entered, Alrich moved towards them with me in tow.
He nudged me with a small smile, basically allowing me to greet them.
"Good evening, Madame Pacifica, Madame Miela.", I said and bowed my head slightly, nervous as it could get. For Rhainnon's Sake, I am his girlfriend, not the Princess! I... I sometimes welcomed visitors to the Embassy in Fortham, where my Papa worked, but... this was something else! Gods, please don't let me screw up! "It is a great pleasure to welcome you here tonight."
I glanced over to Alrich, who smiled slightly.
"I have to thank you for your attendance here as well, Madames.", he said, "I hope, that we will find the time to talk later. Please, go on - the fun part will begin in a bit!"
Once they had left us, he smiled at me. A short breather, which he used to bow down slightly and to whisper into my ear: "Wonderful!"
I grinned. Well, Papa and his training left their marks, it seems!

Port Ember
Ambassador

Postby Port Ember » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:24 pm

Jolene Gudfrey

Jolene smiled softly as the Prince greeted her by kissing the back of her hand and stating that they should converse more later, in a dull bored sounding accent in german. She responded swiftly "It would indeed be a great honor and pleasure. Now please excuse me Your Highness". She bowed slightly at the conclusion and walked away from the entrance smiling slightly more as she considered the possibility that she has most probaly botched up the formality of greeting a royal. Luckily the prince did not terribly mind, it seemed. Jolene did not truly know the royal formailities, neither did she care. Her native Port Ember had a rich history of slaughtering monarchs after all.

As she walked she noticed a couple approach her. The man was odd looking with a sharp face, yet the women's beautifull violet hair grabbed her attention. She allowed the approach to occur and she greeted first, still speaking in a soft almost sweet tone of german, attempting to hide the hint of her Port Emberian accent. "Greetings good Sir & Madamme. Jolene Gudfrey - delighted to make your acquintance!"
♤ And my proudest work - Hydra Industries - I created all my own military equipment.

Shikonjima
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shikonjima » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:58 pm

Teressien wrote:Heda, Prinzessin von Dorch.
Before we start, please don't have any doubt: I love my brother dearly. He is a good man, sometimes a bit too much into movies and movie references, but generally a good man.
When the delegates from Shikonjima, their Princess leading them, came to us, he froze, trying to comprehend, what he saw. I saw it, too. Shiko looked... 'stunning' might be the wrong word, as was 'beautiful'.
'Pwetty'? A bit childish.
'Exotic'? No, that was not it, either.
Hm... she made Vin.exe hang itself, that was certain. So, after their greeting, it fell to me to reply.
"The pleasure is entirely ours, Your Majesty.", I spoke in Teressien to the Princess Kyouko, really glad to meet her - we had the same title, but our ranks could not be different and to be honest, I heard many good things about Shikonjima and its Princess. "May the Spirits on the Winds favour Your traveling plans."
And as the little sister was nudged forward, Vin.exe finally managed to restart.
"Servas, Shiko.", my dork of a big brother spoke, "You look..." He did it like the fish did for a bit, searching for an appropriate word and if I interpreted the slight dusting on his cheeks, we were witnessing someone starting to crush on someone pretty hard. He finally concluded: "...words can not do you justice. Seeing you here and now..."
He cleared his throat and smiled at her.
"Milady, I would be greatly honoured, if I were to find a spot on Your Dance Card tonight.", he... I knew, that he was trying to say that, but he stuttered.
It was cute.

Shiko, while generally aware of her figure's effect on lads, was a bit surprised - she wouldn't have thought, that she would leave such a first impression in here whilst doing nothing else than stepping forward and saying hello, even though he had announced in their Piffle conversation, that he would be likely to get very nervous in a moment like this.
She and Kyouko, who had nodded in a thankful manner to Heda's wishes for her, suppressed a grin, patiently waiting for Vin.exe to reboot and to continue running properly. Jirou, Keoke, and Shiruko pretended to be awfully busy with comparing clocktimes and adjusting Jirou's expensive-looking digital watch to Teressian time zone.
Eventually, Vin managed to ask for a spot on Shiko's Dance Card - at least that was what she believed to understand between his stuttering.
Shiko smiled and nodded. "Well, since you are, contrary to former anticipation, the very first applicant for a spot, it's prudent to assume, that we won't miss that occasion tonight!" - she said.
Kyouko smiled, too, well aware, that her Little Sis was not notably less nervous than him, she just managed to hide it well, namely, behind a sophisticated language only a professor would use. "Problem solved, I would say!" - she said.
Jirou's watch now showed the correct time - hardly a surprise, for it was, in fact, a world time zone. Thus, there was nothing more to do than simply switch from 'Nashinya/Toriyama' to 'Hochheyde'. Two buttons to press.
Jirou joined the conversation, grinning. "Now that this is settled, it could be a plan to get ourselves something to drink, eh?" - he suggested. "We've had nothing else than tomato juice since yesterday morning, and I'm somewhat tired of that stuff!"
Kyouko agreed. "Indeed. I have no idea why people always drink that on a plane and rarely on earth, but what I know, is that we all could need something else right now."
Last edited by Shikonjima on Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teressien
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Teressien » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:03 pm

Port Ember wrote:Jolene Gudfrey

Jolene smiled softly as the Prince greeted her by kissing the back of her hand and stating that they should converse more later, in a dull bored sounding accent in german. She responded swiftly "It would indeed be a great honor and pleasure. Now please excuse me Your Highness". She bowed slightly at the conclusion and walked away from the entrance smiling slightly more as she considered the possibility that she has most probaly botched up the formality of greeting a royal. Luckily the prince did not terribly mind, it seemed. Jolene did not truly know the royal formailities, neither did she care. Her native Port Ember had a rich history of slaughtering monarchs after all.

As she walked she noticed a couple approach her. The man was odd looking with a sharp face, yet the women's beautifull violet hair grabbed her attention. She allowed the approach to occur and she greeted first, still speaking in a soft almost sweet tone of german, attempting to hide the hint of her Port Emberian accent. "Greetings good Sir & Madamme. Jolene Gudfrey - delighted to make your acquintance!"

Gerulf von Sykane.
Jolene Gudfrey was... a person I heard of. Usually, it was connected to Gudfrey Trading, a company, which she had inherited. It sometimes had to do with her social life, which was active enough for a young woman her age. Her Father was now Port Ember's Minister of Industry.
Not bad connections, one should think.
Her German was nearly accent-free, which was always a plus. Yet, Teressian German always had the drawback of sounding bored, so I decided to chose a language, which she might be more familiar with: English.
I did not speak the Received Pronounciation of the Prince, that was true, but I had a rather Oxfordian English.
"The pleasure is all ours, Miss Gudfrey. Your reputation proceeds you, although only positively.", I said with a smile, then kissed the back of her hand, "I am Gerulf von Sykane, this is my wife Rena."
The name Gerulf von Sykane alone should give a solid hint towards the largest mining company in the Principality, the Sykane Mining Company - either that or the naturalist and explorer Alexander von Sykane, but that was another question.
"I am pleased to meet you, Miss Gudfrey.", Rena said with a smile of her own - and, compared to both of us, a thicker accent.
"Now, my apologies if I come off as rather direct.", I said, "I did hear a little rumour about you, Miss Gudfrey, namely, that you loved canines of various descriptions."

Shikonjima wrote:Shiko, while generally aware of her figure's effect on lads, was a bit surprised - she wouldn't have thought, that she would leave such a first impression in here whilst doing nothing else than stepping forward and saying hello, even though he had announced in their Piffle conversation, that he would be likely to get very nervous in a moment like this.
She and Kyouko, who had nodded in a thankful manner to Heda's wishes for her, suppressed a grin, patiently waiting for Vin.exe to reboot and to continue running properly. Jirou, Keoke, and Shiruko pretended to be awfully busy with comparing clocktimes and adjusting Jirou's expensive-looking digital watch to Teressian time zone.
Eventually, Vin managed to ask for a spot on Shiko's Dance Card - at least that was what she believed to understand between his stuttering.
Shiko smiled and nodded. "Well, since you are, contrary to former anticipation, the very first applicant for a spot, it's prudent to assume, that we won't miss that occasion tonight!" - she said.
Kyouko smiled, too, well aware, that her Little Sis was not notably less nervous than him, she just managed to hide it well, namely, behind a sophisticated language only a professor would use. "Problem solved, I would say!" - she said.
Jirou's watch now showed the correct time - hardly a surprise, for it was, in fact, a world time zone. Thus, there was nothing more to do than simply switch from 'Nashinya/Toriyama' to 'Hochheyde'. Two buttons to press.
Jirou joined the conversation, grinning. "Now that this is settled, it could be a plan to get ourselves something to drink, eh?" - he suggested. "We've had nothing else than tomato juice since yesterday morning, and I'm somewhat tired of that stuff!"
Kyouko agreed. "Indeed. I have no idea why people always drink that on a plane and rarely on earth, but what I know, is that we all could need something else right now."

All went well - thank the Spirits.
Vin almost jumped into the air in barely contained joy, but he held himself back with a massive grin threatening to split his face in two halves. Indeed, problem solved.
"I do not know, why people get served tomato juice on planes, but in my experience, it usually is to make it quite noticeable to those on the ground, that there have been turbulence during the flight.", I said with a smile and raised my hand to flag down a Hausmädchen, one arriving not even three moments later. I added: "And for the memory to stay with the clothing until the end of forever. Now, I am afraid, that alcohol will not be served until after the Polonaise, but would you please be so kind and get us..." I guesstimated. "...seven lemonades?"
The Hausmädchen bowed her head and was off.
I turned back to the group. "A minute or two.", I said and smiled at Prince Keoke, "Though, while we are at spots on the Dance Card, Prince Keoke, may I fill one of the blanks with your name?"
Last edited by Teressien on Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shikonjima
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shikonjima » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:43 pm

All went well - thank the Spirits.
Vin almost jumped into the air in barely contained joy, but he held himself back with a massive grin threatening to split his face in two halves. Indeed, problem solved.
"I do not know, why people get served tomato juice on planes, but in my experience, it usually is to make it quite noticeable to those on the ground, that there have been turbulence during the flight.", I said with a smile and raised my hand to flag down a Hausmädchen, one arriving not even three moments later. I added: "And for the memory to stay with the clothing until the end of forever. Now, I am afraid, that alcohol will not be served until after the Polonaise, but would you please be so kind and get us..." I guesstimated. "...seven lemonades?"
The Hausmädchen bowed her head and was off.
I turned back to the group. "A minute or two.", I said and smiled at Prince Keoke, "Though, while we are at spots on the Dance Card, Prince Keoke, may I fill one of the blanks with your name?"

It was obvious, that Vin would rather have started dancing right now out of joy about Shiko saying yes, but was holding himself back - nonetheless, this caused a round of grins amongst the Shikonjimanese Royals.
There was quite a number of explanations as to why tomato juice was that popular above the clouds, but one thing was for sure - even though it could be quite tasty at 10,000 meters of altitude, spending an entire weekend drinking nothing else was a touch too much.
It took the Hausmädchen less than three moments to arrive, and even less to order seven lemonades. And lemonade absolutely sounded like a plan now, no matter how much sugar it might contain. Something sweet was good now, and alcohol could indeed wait until later.
The Hausmädchen would hear a chorus of "Danke schön!" until she was off.
Keoke was surprised for a moment, being asked out-of-hand and without further ado, but he smiled and nodded. "It would be an honor for me to have a dance with you, Hime-sama!" - he said.
He would say his complete name slowly, to make it easier to write it down, as soon as she would prepare her Dance Card.
Kyouko was visibly satisfied. The night was very welcome to go on like this!

Folaisia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Folaisia » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:14 pm

Ruairi Forrest Buchan came out of his limousine in a radiating charisma that could attract any lady at anytime. His handsome face complemented by wavy hair and a Highland dress with a white tie proves itself to work like a single lucky charm altogether. Decorated with a captivating red, black, white and yellow kilt representing his home clan, Munro of Falrancree, a beaded silver pendant displaying the Scottish thistle and the Iroquois leaf, a horsehair sporran with a set of five black tassels, white socks and a sgian-dubh on his right sock, he could even look like royalty to his movie fans to the point where they can disassociate Crowface as virtually another person.

With nonchalance, he sauntered to the entrance to the Schloss Zyng, where the Ball was being held. He eyed the interior of the palace, still carrying on the subtle, stupefied eyes from when he first sighted the facade. He then stops to face Enya and Alrich with a small grin on his calm, stern visage.

"Many well greetings on this fine night, Your Graces" he bowed, his speech audible in a Scottish accent.
Last edited by Folaisia on Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Scottish kingdom in North America.

Other Nations: Avraland | Belesta | Joyonghea | Quen Minh

Teressien
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Teressien » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:09 am

Shikonjima wrote:It was obvious, that Vin would rather have started dancing right now out of joy about Shiko saying yes, but was holding himself back - nonetheless, this caused a round of grins amongst the Shikonjimanese Royals.
There was quite a number of explanations as to why tomato juice was that popular above the clouds, but one thing was for sure - even though it could be quite tasty at 10,000 meters of altitude, spending an entire weekend drinking nothing else was a touch too much.
It took the Hausmädchen less than three moments to arrive, and even less to order seven lemonades. And lemonade absolutely sounded like a plan now, no matter how much sugar it might contain. Something sweet was good now, and alcohol could indeed wait until later.
The Hausmädchen would hear a chorus of "Danke schön!" until she was off.
Keoke was surprised for a moment, being asked out-of-hand and without further ado, but he smiled and nodded. "It would be an honor for me to have a dance with you, Hime-sama!" - he said.
He would say his complete name slowly, to make it easier to write it down, as soon as she would prepare her Dance Card.
Kyouko was visibly satisfied. The night was very welcome to go on like this!

I smiled, took out said card and noted the Prince down, appreciating him basically spelling out his name for me - I had no idea about how to write it, after all... I missed the look of satisfaction on Kyouko's face, while my own dork of a brother grinned like a madman.
The Hausmädchen came back with seven lemonades in fine glasses, me distributing them and then nodding in thanks to the young woman in the distinctive uniform, before turning back to the assembly with a smile.
"Well, then...", I said and raised my glass as my dance card (and the pencil) vanished in my pocket again, "...to this beautiful night!"
The lemonade was not that bad, actually quite low in sugar content - and correspondingly sour.

Folaisia wrote:Ruairi Forrest Buchan came out of his limousine in a radiating charisma that could attract any lady at anytime. His handsome face complemented by wavy hair and a Highland dress with a white tie proves itself to work like a single lucky charm altogether. Decorated with a captivating red, black, white and yellow kilt representing his home clan, Munro of Falrancree, a beaded silver pendant displaying the Scottish thistle and the Iroquois leaf, a horsehair sporran with a set of five black tassels, white socks and a sgian-dubh on his right sock, he could even look like royalty to his movie fans to the point where they can disassociate Crowface as virtually another person.

With nonchalance, he sauntered to the entrance to the Schloss Zyng, where the Ball was being held. He eyed the interior of the palace, still carrying on the subtle, stupefied eyes from when he first sighted the facade. He then stops to face Enya and Alrich with a small grin on his calm, stern visage.

"Many well greetings on this fine night, Your Graces" he bowed, his speech audible in a Scottish accent.

Enya Findehoof.
The next person to arrive was someone, who I had looked forward to meeting, but not because he was a good-looking man.
Okay, it was among the reasons, but not the main reason. In my opinion, Alrich still looked better, but one can get a bit of an appetite outside, now can't I?!
He looked stern and also a bit surprised, I would guess, as bowed, his accent shining through a bit as he greeted us.
Alrich nodded. "Thank you, Mister Buchan.", he said, extending his hand for a shake, "I am glad to welcome you at Schloss Zyng. Please, enjoy the party - I hope, we can talk later."
I nodded with a smile. I wanted to talk with later, too, mainly because I was at the start of my own acting career and although there was not much of a career as of now, he might have a few pointers...

Folaisia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Folaisia » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:18 am

Teressien wrote:Enya Findehoof.
The next person to arrive was someone, who I had looked forward to meeting, but not because he was a good-looking man.
Okay, it was among the reasons, but not the main reason. In my opinion, Alrich still looked better, but one can get a bit of an appetite outside, now can't I?!
He looked stern and also a bit surprised, I would guess, as bowed, his accent shining through a bit as he greeted us.
Alrich nodded. "Thank you, Mister Buchan.", he said, extending his hand for a shake, "I am glad to welcome you at Schloss Zyng. Please, enjoy the party - I hope, we can talk later."
I nodded with a smile. I wanted to talk with later, too, mainly because I was at the start of my own acting career and although there was not much of a career as of now, he might have a few pointers...

"Hopefully, so," he replied, "Though, you must forgive me for not learning your country's version of German. I just did not have the time."

He then chuckled.

"Well, see you both then," he bowed again.

Ruairi then beheld the entire ballroom with his hands locked together in the back. He searched for a particular someone he met on PiffleNet, a woman with blue green eyes, blonde hair with some of it braided and a face as feisty and cute as that of his youngest sister. Moments pass by and his eyes finally found her, taking a deep breath that makes his eyes squint for a bit. Before going to her, Ruairi saunters through the open spaces of the crowd to get himself a glass of lemonade with a smooth flow of a bird. As he held it in a sophisticated fashion, he ambles his way to her.

"Hullo there, Miss Schreyg," he greeted, smiling.
Last edited by Folaisia on Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Scottish kingdom in North America.

Other Nations: Avraland | Belesta | Joyonghea | Quen Minh

Port Ember
Ambassador

Postby Port Ember » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:37 am

Jolene Gudfrey, in conversation with Gerulf & Rena von Sykane.

As the couple introduced themselves and greeted her with a kiss on the back of her hand, she continued smiling and offered a soft bow in return. This type of greeting culture was familiar to Jolene, yet still strange. Port Emberians always offered a warmer greeting, a kiss on the cheek was most common, yet a full on mouth peck was not strange. She held back this customs for now, since when in Rome...

When the couple introduced themselves, their surname immediately rang a bell in Jolene's mind - must be the owners of the Sykane Mining Company surely! This would most definitely be a conversation she would be interested in..

The conversation switched over to a civilised tone of english, for which she was gratefull for. English and Esperanto was her native tounges afterall! German was her fourth language, one which she did not thoroughly enjoy to speak, but knew it for the sake of business necessity.

It was made immediately clear that Gerulf have heard quite a bit about her reputation, which was good and unsurprising. She was indeed one of the youngest billionares in the world, with a very active social life!

When Gerulf stated "I did hear a little rumour about you, Miss Gudfrey, namely, that you loved canines of various descriptions.", one could clearly see a sparkle ignite in her blue eyes. A matter of great importance have been struck, and Jolene was all ears now. She responded "Indeed the truth Mister Von Sykane! I do hold animals of all kinds dear, but canines have always fascinated me the most. I spend the majority of my spare time committed to the preservation of endangered canines."
Last edited by Port Ember on Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shikonjima
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shikonjima » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:38 am

I smiled, took out said card and noted the Prince down, appreciating him basically spelling out his name for me - I had no idea about how to write it, after all... I missed the look of satisfaction on Kyouko's face, while my own dork of a brother grinned like a madman.
The Hausmädchen came back with seven lemonades in fine glasses, me distributing them and then nodding in thanks to the young woman in the distinctive uniform, before turning back to the assembly with a smile.
"Well, then...", I said and raised my glass as my dance card (and the pencil) vanished in my pocket again, "...to this beautiful night!"
The lemonade was not that bad, actually quite low in sugar content - and correspondingly sour.

Vin indeed grinned like a madman, but the Shikonjimanese pretended not to wonder about that, aside from an almost silent snort most certainly coming from Jirou - it was known, that wherever he was, amusement wasn't too far. In Shiruko's opinion, there was no better Fief for him to run in the future than the one whose shape looked like a snail with deer antlers on the map.
The Hausmädchen came back quickly, bringing the lemonade, and received several thankful nods until she was off again.
They were really efficient in here!
The Dance Card saying 'Prince Keoke Kahana Tamori' disappeared; glasses were raised. "To a beautiful night!" - Heda's toast was echoed.
The Shikonjimanese had a sip.
Jirou raised his eyebrows. "Damn, it's better than I'd have expected!" - he said, looking into his glass as if to analyze his drink like a chemist. "A bit more sour, not to sweet, probably way less sugar in it. It's awesome!"
Kyouko nodded. "Whoever has made it, they know how to do their job."
Last edited by Shikonjima on Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teressien
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Teressien » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:08 am

Folaisia wrote:"Hopefully, so," he replied, "Though, you must forgive me for not learning your country's version of German. I just did not have the time."

He then chuckled.

"Well, see you both then," he bowed again.

Ruairi then beheld the entire ballroom with his hands locked together in the back. He searched for a particular someone he met on PiffleNet, a woman with blue green eyes, blonde hair with some of it braided and a face as feisty and cute as that of his youngest sister. Moments pass by and his eyes finally found her, taking a deep breath that makes his eyes squint for a bit. Before going to her, Ruairi saunters through the open spaces of the crowd to get himself a glass of wine with a smooth flow of a bird. As he held it in a sophisticated fashion, he ambles his way to her.

"Hullo there, Miss Schreyg," he greeted, smiling.

Enya Findehoof.
I had to smile at his comment, Alrich making a dismissive hand gesture - it was no problem. We were actually both surprised by how many people indeed spoke our tongue in their own variations, so it was no problem.
We returned the bow, then he went and we met the next new entrants, namely Adele Falk with Lieutenant Commander Karim Maghamir, Royal Kyrenaian Coast Guard, who were both air racers, who would participate in the air race tomorrow. The flying officer of the RKCG looked quite dashing, if I may say so, while Falk with her eyepatch looked daring and dashing.
And we went from there...

Bertram Onekel.
If I may introduce myself? Bertram Onekel, actor, teacher, father and grandfather and generally considered an old sod of by now 72 years.
Which was maybe the reason why I was the date of one of the most beautiful women tonight... maybe it was my natural charm and skills as a dancer, but those were stories for other days. In any case, I accompanied Aaltje Schreyg, a young actress, companion of mine in two movies already and generally a beautiful woman.
She was blonde, blue eyes shining at the world. She was dressed in a beautiful, aqua evening dress, her hair done up and exposing her neck, a deep-red tassel above her face's right side gave it a highlight. Bangs fell down to cover a bit of her forehead. She was beautiful and I will freely admit, that the old lecher in me took a moment to come to terms, that the little girl from Bahnhofsmädchen was more then a little girl, but a woman.
I know, that she saw it and her small smile had told me more then I would have dared to ask.
So, now we were standing in the Grand Ball Room of Schloss Zyng and enjoying the company before the big night began. We had lemonades, the alcohol was reserved for later tonight, and when the man approached, I knew, that I had seen him somewhere...
"Hullo there, Miss Schreyg," he greeted my date, smiling a smile, which did not help the problem of being familiar with him from somewhere.
Aaltje smiled. "Good evening, Mister Buchan.", she greeted the man and something clicked. Aaltje motioned to me, I bowed my head lightly. "My date for tonight, Bertram Onekel, an actor like the two of us."
I smiled and extended my hand. "It is a pleasure, Mister Buchan. Crowface was one of yours, right?", I asked.

Port Ember wrote:Jolene Gudfrey, in conversation with Gerulf & Rena von Sykane.

As the couple introduced themselves and greeted her with a kiss on the back of her hand, she continued smiling and offered a soft bow in return. This type of greeting culture was familiar to Jolene, yet still strange. Port Emberians always offered a warmer greeting, a kiss on the cheek was most common, yet a full on mouth peck was not strange. She held back this customs for now, since when in Rome...

When the couple introduced themselves, their surname immediately rang a bell in Jolene's mind - must be the owners of the Sykane Mining Company surely! This would most definitely be a conversation she would be interested in..

The conversation switched over to a civilised tone of english, for which she was gratefull for. English and Esperanto was her native tounges afterall! German was her fourth language, one which she did not thoroughly enjoy to speak, but knew it for the sake of business necessity.

It was made immediately clear that Gerulf have heard quite a bit about her reputation, which was good and unsurprising. She was indeed one of the youngest billionares in the world, with a very active social life!

When Gerulf stated "I did hear a little rumour about you, Miss Gudfrey, namely, that you loved canines of various descriptions.", one could clearly see a sparkle ignite in her blue eyes. A matter of great importance have been struck, and Jolene was all ears now. She responded "Indeed the truth Mister Von Sykane! I do hold animals of all kinds dear, but canines have always fascinated me the most. I spend the majority of my spare time committed to the preservation of endangered canines."

Gerulf von Sykane.
I smiled and Rena nodded.
"Indeed, animals are wonderful creatures and none more then the domesticated canines we commonly call dogs.", I replied, nodded myself, "We ourselves are dog owners, we own a Wollwolf and our daughter Alwina owns a Sand Wolf. Both of them are wonderful animals."
"Especially Beller, that's Alwina's Sand Wolf.", Rena said with a proud smile, "He is her family while she studies Economics and Metallurgy in Kyrenaia." Her smile grew. "Though, sometimes, I ask myself, who owns whom: She him or he her."
I snorted in amusement - as much as people usually applied a similar saying to cats, the same could sometimes be said about dogs.

Shikonjima wrote:Vin indeed grinned like a madman, but the Shikonjimanese pretended not to wonder about that, aside from an almost silent snort most certainly coming from Jirou - it was known, that wherever he was, amusement wasn't too far. In Shiruko's opinion, there was no better Fiefdom for him to run in the future than the one whose shape looked like a snail with deer antlers on the map.
The Hausmädchen came back quickly, bringing the lemonade, and received several thankful nods until she was off again.
They were really efficient in here!
The Dance Card saying 'Prince Keoke Kahana Tamori' disappeared; glasses were raised. "To a beautiful night!" - Heda's toast was echoed.
The Shikonjimanese had a sip.
Jirou raised his eyebrows. "Damn, it's better than I'd have expected!" - he said, looking into his glass as if to analyze his drink like a chemist. "A bit more sour, not to sweet, probably way less sugar in it. It's awesome!"
Kyouko nodded. "Whoever has made it, they know how to do their job."

I smiled and nodded.
"Indeed, we prefer lemonade a bit lighter then the sugary sludge others produce.", I said with a smile, then leaned slightly forward, as if to tell a secret, "And its not only better for the teeth, but also for the figure!"
Granted, this was more of a woman-concern, but it was important to note.
"We will take your compliments to the chefs.", Vin added with a huge grin of his own, having savoured a sip. "And I think, that there are quite a few health benefits, too. I like it more that way, that's for sure."

Shikonjima
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shikonjima » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:27 am

I smiled and nodded.
"Indeed, we prefer lemonade a bit lighter then the sugary sludge others produce.", I said with a smile, then leaned slightly forward, as if to tell a secret, "And its not only better for the teeth, but also for the figure!"
Granted, this was more of a woman-concern, but it was important to note.
"We will take your compliments to the chefs.", Vin added with a huge grin of his own, having savoured a sip. "And I think, that there are quite a few health benefits, too. I like it more that way, that's for sure."

Jirou nodded, as Heda was telling about the benefits for both teeth and figure, as if it was a secret. Indeed, it was much more of a concern amongst women than amongst men, but it couldn't harm to leave the little side note there, for one never knew.
He nodded and said, "Absolutely! You must know, that I've spent a school exchange year in Nienhagen, in Lillorainen, years ago - and I also drank their lemonade there." The former was actually a fact one could guess from his accent, but it couldn't harm to mention. "I'm still wondering how they manage to get that sugary stuff down the throat - someday, I simply used it to glue stuff together! Practical and way more healthy."
"In Shikonjima, it may vastly vary depending on where you are" - Shiko explained. "We might be somewhat more luckily in Nashinya, but for example in Katamura, you'll gain ten kilograms just by looking at the sugarwater they make there."
"Golden Rule for lemonade in Shikonjima - the more south you go, the more sugar will be in it" - Keoke concluded. "We should really found an investigation commission to figure out why this is the case." He turned to Kyouko. "Or what do you say?"
The Princess of Shikonjima gave her waistline a skeptical glance and replied, grinning, "As long as I don't have to test the objects, count me in!"

Port Ember
Ambassador

Postby Port Ember » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:27 am

Jolene Gudfrey in conversation with the von Sykane's

Jolene let out a satisfied gasp as she listened to the tale being told by the von Sykane couple, with a smile as broad as can be, a gesture which hinted at Jolene's inner child. She might act and appear as a balls-to-the-wall business tycoon, but her soft and innocent inner child was still hiding somewhere deep inside her.

"Oh my thats wonderfull!" Jolene replied "That much is true - the purest bond between man and canine is when there isno master - but a everlasting bond dipped in equallity, in my own layman's opinion offcourse. Anyway, I am currently engaged in a painstakingly slow program of establishing a small conservation of wolf-hybrid canines back home in Port Ember. I will be sure to invite the von Sykane family once it is operational!"

AHSCA
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 08, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby AHSCA » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:13 am

Teressien wrote:Once Gudfrey was welcomed and sent on her merry way, the next were already coming in, namely Madame Pacifica and Madame Miela from the Parliament of the United Island States of AHSCA. Two women without last-names, deeply rooted in the traditions of their home.
I admired them a bit, especially since they, despite their opposition to each other on the political field, still were friends. And they looked like that, too.
"Good evening, Madame Pacifica, Madame Miela.", I said and bowed my head slightly, nervous as it could get. For Rhainnon's Sake, I am his girlfriend, not the Princess! I... I sometimes welcomed visitors to the Embassy in Fortham, where my Papa worked, but... this was something else! Gods, please don't let me screw up! "It is a great pleasure to welcome you here tonight."
"I have to thank you for your attendance here as well, Madames.", he said, "I hope, that we will find the time to talk later. Please, go on - the fun part will begin in a bit!"
Once they had left us, he smiled at me. A short breather, which he used to bow down slightly and to whisper into my ear: "Wonderful!"

Their conversation came to a halt as they were greeted and they resumed until once again they were approached by another pair of friendly faces. No one could complain about being made to feel welcome.
"A good evening to you too." Pacifica greeted.

"Fine evening." Miela greeted in response.

Once they were given the formal welcome and well wishes Pacifica again responded. "Thank you very much. We would love to be able to talk some more later! Until then I'm sure you'll be wanting to see to everyone else who has joined here tonight so we won't get in your way."

"Yes, thank you again." Miela responded.

Walking along to continue along Pacifica couldn't help but giggle "Miela you really sound so stiff."

"It's just how I am, Pacifica. I'm sure they know I'm friendly."

"A stoic islander is a real rare sight ya know. We're supposed to be very emotional and outgoing and friendly. I do admit feeling bad I really don't know who the folks that greeted me were."

"Really? YOU don't know?"

"Do I look like Noir? Foreign affairs are her domain. I just run the the sessions."

"That is fair but for as outgoing as your party tends to be with the global, I had figured you'd be more tapped into it. But I suppose you surprise me more every day."

"oooh uuuh yer not planning to use this against me, are you?"

"Pacifica, we're not on the campaign, we're here for a bit of pleasure and to be good representatives for Her Majesty. I'd be great shame to leverage sex for political dirt."

Pacifica blushed. "Well rigid as you are, you are very frank...."

"Hahaha told you when you asked me out, I'm a girl of many many secrets. But I do mean it, nothing personal we share with each other now or ever will be used. I know you wouldn't do such a thing and I wouldn't do such a thing."

They gave a smile at one another and laced hands together. Right now this was a date, in the future, who knows!

Teressien
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Teressien » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:56 pm

Shikonjima wrote:Jirou nodded, as Heda was telling about the benefits for both teeth and figure, as if it was a secret. Indeed, it was much more of a concern amongst women than amongst men, but it couldn't harm to leave the little side note there, for one never knew.
He nodded and said, "Absolutely! You must know, that I've spent a school exchange year in Nienhagen, in Lillorainen, years ago - and I also drank their lemonade there." The former was actually a fact one could guess from his accent, but it couldn't harm to mention. "I'm still wondering how they manage to get that sugary stuff down the throat - someday, I simply used it to glue stuff together! Practical and way more healthy."
"In Shikonjima, it may vastly vary depending on where you are" - Shiko explained. "We might be somewhat more luckily in Nashinya, but for example in Katamura, you'll gain ten kilograms just by looking at the sugarwater they make there."
"Golden Rule for lemonade in Shikonjima - the more south you go, the more sugar will be in it" - Keoke concluded. "We should really found an investigation commission to figure out why this is the case." He turned to Kyouko. "Or what do you say?"
The Princess of Shikonjima gave her waistline a skeptical glance and replied, grinning, "As long as I don't have to test the objects, count me in!"

"We only have our one kind of lemonade from three different producers and a few stores, that also carry more sugary variants, which sometimes barely pass the inspections - not because they would be unclean, but because, I quote, 'the amounts of sugar reach dangerous levels', unquote.", Vin said with a smile, "That being said, I'm afraid, that I'll not be available for a control group either."
I nodded. "Me neither. I would be interested in the results, however.", I said with a smile and took a sip. "The culinary arts and their cultural implications are a bit of a passion of mine."
"And that's a textbook example for understatement.", he said, "She has beaten the Palace Cook in dessert making."
I felt myself blushing. "Oh, shush, I'm not that good..."

Port Ember wrote:Jolene Gudfrey in conversation with the von Sykane's

Jolene let out a satisfied gasp as she listened to the tale being told by the von Sykane couple, with a smile as broad as can be, a gesture which hinted at Jolene's inner child. She might act and appear as a balls-to-the-wall business tycoon, but her soft and innocent inner child was still hiding somewhere deep inside her.

"Oh my thats wonderfull!" Jolene replied "That much is true - the purest bond between man and canine is when there isno master - but a everlasting bond dipped in equallity, in my own layman's opinion offcourse. Anyway, I am currently engaged in a painstakingly slow program of establishing a small conservation of wolf-hybrid canines back home in Port Ember. I will be sure to invite the von Sykane family once it is operational!"

Gerulf von Sykane.
I nodded.
She seemed to not be the hard-boiled woman, that everyone made her sound like, considering her broad smile - that was good. A bit of soft spots, in the right places, not only were good for business (case in point...), but also provided a good bit of relief. Be it donning the training pants and roughhousing it with a canine in the garden or organizing a preserve for them was irrelevant.
It was a passion, I saw that in her eyes.
"That would be very appreciated.", Rena said with a warm smile, "If we can support you in any way, shape or form, please say so." She let a beat pass. "That being said, if you plan to establish a research station along with it, please say so, for we would finance that."
"Call it a reverence to Alexander von Sykane.", I added with a small smile. I was an industrialist, yes, but even I was not curious. Maybe I did not have the same childish curiosity as my Great-Granduncle, but it was there.
Somewhere.
Usually found by a canine's nose.

AHSCA wrote:
Teressien wrote:Once Gudfrey was welcomed and sent on her merry way, the next were already coming in, namely Madame Pacifica and Madame Miela from the Parliament of the United Island States of AHSCA. Two women without last-names, deeply rooted in the traditions of their home.

Their conversation came to a halt as they were greeted and they resumed until once again they were approached by another pair of friendly faces. No one could complain about being made to feel welcome.
"A good evening to you too." Pacifica greeted.

"Fine evening." Miela greeted in response.

Once they were given the formal welcome and well wishes Pacifica again responded. "Thank you very much. We would love to be able to talk some more later! Until then I'm sure you'll be wanting to see to everyone else who has joined here tonight so we won't get in your way."

"Yes, thank you again." Miela responded.

Walking along to continue along Pacifica couldn't help but giggle "Miela you really sound so stiff."

"It's just how I am, Pacifica. I'm sure they know I'm friendly."

"A stoic islander is a real rare sight ya know. We're supposed to be very emotional and outgoing and friendly. I do admit feeling bad I really don't know who the folks that greeted me were."

"Really? YOU don't know?"

"Do I look like Noir? Foreign affairs are her domain. I just run the the sessions."

"That is fair but for as outgoing as your party tends to be with the global, I had figured you'd be more tapped into it. But I suppose you surprise me more every day."

"oooh uuuh yer not planning to use this against me, are you?"

"Pacifica, we're not on the campaign, we're here for a bit of pleasure and to be good representatives for Her Majesty. I'd be great shame to leverage sex for political dirt."

Pacifica blushed. "Well rigid as you are, you are very frank...."

"Hahaha told you when you asked me out, I'm a girl of many many secrets. But I do mean it, nothing personal we share with each other now or ever will be used. I know you wouldn't do such a thing and I wouldn't do such a thing."

They gave a smile at one another and laced hands together. Right now this was a date, in the future, who knows!

Kiah Findehoof.
I was wearing Tracht. I did that quite often, even when in the Free Lands... I had my last measures for a Geansai taken, when I was about to graduate from school, I think... well, not that I missed it much.
The Tracht had its high points, especially this one. White blouse, of course, black bodice with light blue cross-lacing to close it in the front, long, red skirt and light blue half-apron. Simple and elegant, much like the Tracht my older sister Ida wore and the one my younger sister Enya wore...
...who got the best date out of us three by default, also because neither of her older sisters secured themselves a date for the night, but were in high spirits of being able to fill their dance cards.
I was a blonde, with blue eyes and a slightly round face, which I had from my mother's side. It made me, with a corresponding hairstyle, look innocent, and as I preferred to wear my hair open and only style it a little bit, I was the sort of natural beauty.
Ida, on the other hand, had high cheek bones, from our Father, and a stern face and demeanor. Grey-blue eyes looked at the world like only a philosopher could and that was, what she was studying (I study sports medicine).
And we three had decided to spent a bit of time together before we filled our dance cards, which we would do later... during the first intermission. But for now, I was alone and I wanted someone to talk to...
The new arrivals holding hands and chatting as they left Enya and Fürst Alrich seemed... preoccupied. Could I dare?
The woman in red seemed friendly enough, but, as I caught scraps of their conversation, I could not help but think, that they were more rivals then friends...
My decision came in an instant. I flagged down a Hausmädchen in the distinctive uniform of Schloss Zyng, which accentuated her assets, and asked her to bring two lemonades to the two of them, who I would (hopefully) soon find out were Madame Pacifica and Madame Miela of the UIS, as well as a message.
I watched the Hausmädchen go off, get the lemonades and then approach the two of them. She offered them the tall glasses with the slightly sour lemonade, which had little sugar, and brought my message, that I invited them to a chat without any strings attached, mostly because I have no strings attached.
Hopefully, they would come, I thought, as I sipped my own lemonade...

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates