NATION

PASSWORD

BVC | 47th World Hit Festival | Kyvivre, Britonisea

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

BVC | 47th World Hit Festival | Kyvivre, Britonisea

Postby Britonisea » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:00 pm

OFFICIAL THREAD OF THE 47TH WORLD HIT FESTIVAL
Kyvivre, Britonisea

WHF NETWORK - OOC THREAD - DRAFT THREAD

20:00 (GBK+0)

It seemed as though something that Britons once thought would be a once in a lifetime experience has turned into a recurring theme in the country. Britonisea is hosting the 47th World Hit Festival which will be the fifth time that the nation has the right to host the Festival in 20 editions. Britonisea's first victory was in Kalosia, when Rigaz Jengiz bought the competition to Kyvivre for what was the nation's first taste of what could be the World Hit Festival. Of course, Britonisea's first hosting was at best experimental, with BVC slowly improving as more hosting opportunities came knocking. 20 editions after the anniversary of the first World Hit Festival hosting in Kyvivre, BVC decided to bring back the Festival to Kyvivre in the same arena that had hosted the 27th World Hit Festival (arenakyvivre) where just under 21,000 people are jam packed inside ready for the proceedings for the World Hit Festival to start. BVC had promised, similarly to the 43rd World Hit Festival, a truly 'Britonish' production with those working on the Festival limited to those from the nation from the bottom right to the top. Vhe Qí's World Hit Festival win was very unexpected regardless of BVC's aggressive drive at the World Hit Festival but very much welcomed back at home. People around Britonisea and the Multiverse sit and wait to see what Britonisea has planned this time for us all…

The show was about to start, and around twenty seconds before 20:00 Britonish time, the emission begun. The now 11 edition old 16-second World Hit Festival intro began the broadcast (similar to the 2011 Eurovision intro, culminating in the base WHF logo with the Britonish flag inside). The logo was frozen on the screen for around 4 seconds until it hit 20:00. The picture turned black and for World Hit Festival fans around the Multiverse, they would expect us to go into the arena and start the show. This time, it was different. Similarly a previous Britonish hostings - the World Hit Festival 35, we were firstly introduced by something away from the arena..

(OBVIOUSLY) LIVE FOOTAGE OF THE BVC HEADQUARTERS AT THE TIME OF THE 46TH WORLD HIT FESTIVAL VOTING REVEAL

The first image we saw was of the BVC Headquarters in Junteräpten with a "BVC HEADQUARTERS" being shown on the bottom of the screen. We were then inside of the boardroom where all the BVC wearing professional clothes (suits, trousers, skirts - the lot) executives sat around a table looking as though they had just had a party. The boardroom looked absolutely trashed with Britonish flags being littered all over the carpet. What could be heard on the television was Dominik Gulin introducing the Llaltese 5 points. The executives and directors sitting down in the boardrooms looked at each other smiling as Dominik introduced Patricia. As Patricia started to speak, one of the eventual World Hit Festival 47 executives spoke over them.

In the background: "it is... BINGO!! It's me, the glamazon queen from Llalta!"

Jordan Spears [Lighting Director]: I mean, COME ON! Fabio decided to set this whole thing up - what - only for us to be embarrassed in front of the whole multiverse? I mean, you guys thought we were gonna come last place and look we are at fourth place, that's pretty good if you ask me!

Abbie Rutherford [TV Producer]: Well, ever since we won in '42 we haven't really impacted that much. Like...it's been 4th and 5th pretty muc=

In the background: "go to IZMEDU!!"

Christopher Kahng-Baker [Budgeting]: The bloody Izmeduans are going to win the damn thing once again - aren't they? I mean, they won like 7 or 8 times, no? We got so much catching up to do. We've won 3 times... we're a great nation!! RTI's budget must be absolutely awful! Paying to host the competition edition after edition. It's not good!

Georgina Grace [Stage and Set Designer]: Well it seems like it. The amount of satellites that have "gone bust" are high this edition. Perhaps the Izmeduans should focus on..oh I don't know…

Sammy Tariq [Multi-Camera Director]: So it's confirmed weren't not going to win, I think. Well done to Izmedu, I suppose.

Sammy chucks a book which says "Britonisea World Hit Festival Hosting PLANS" into a bin in the corner of the room though ultimately it doesn't go in the bin with the bin knocking over and an opened bottle of coke spilling out onto the carpet.

Sammy Tariq: I- oop

In the background: "go to...BRITONISEA!!"

A wave of silence hits the room as all the people in the room remained silent as they watched the television with their television lighting up in the colours of the Britonish flag. They watched as Vhe Qí walked up to the stage and took the trophy from Dejan Mlakar.

Abbie Rutherford: He could've at least given him a hug - these Izmeduans are so regressive!

Another wave of silence hits the room as they watch Vhe Qí take his place on the stage. Vhe Qí didn't make a speech, he just started to sing his song with the group bobbing their heads to it. Realisation bit Sammy Tariq as the song started.

Sammy Tariq: Guys...Britonisea just won the World Hit Festival...I just realised what this means…

There was a shot of each of the directors looking to the middle of the table in canon, with each looking towards the camera in a shocked face except Fabio McAlpine (The WHF Overseer) who just appeared on a seat at the head of the table. As the camera zoomed out, Fabio McAlpine's hand was on top of a red landline phone. Fabio flung a book into the centre of the boardroom table with it saying "HOST PACK" on there. Fabio McAlpine started;

Fabio McAlpine: You have 60 seconds to decide the details of the 47th World Hit Festival and not a second longer. If you don't decide in that time, RTI'll host and they're begging - on their knees...rather amusing - to not let me give them the rights again. Had to give them a tenner before leaving to help with the clear up of the confetti. Anyway, when I pick this phone up, I will be calling the person who will be the Producer for the contest to confirm whether Britonisea can host. I hope you're ready...Three...Tw-Go. 60...59...58…

At this time, the directors in the room went into pandemonium. Dramatic music played over what was happening with quick camera shots adding to the feeling in the room. The actual boardroom changed into a club room as the lights started to flash on and off in an array of different colours. The audience could hardly make out anything they were all saying, speaking over each other. Sammy ran over to the bin to fetch his Hosting PLANS which had been drenched by the drink that poured over it. He slammed it on the table with the drink splattering in everyone's faces including Fabio who threatened the group…"49...48...47" he emphasised. Jordan Spears was busy looking at the flashing lights that he was seeing around the room, writing down the different lights that were flashing on his face. Abbie started shouting at Christopher Britonish city names, "BOSCHKE? DOPORTEDAS? TELM? ALSHKAN?" with the camera panning to show Christopher crying into his hands, "I don't know! I don't know!!!" The camera went back to Fabio McAlpine who was already down to "30...29...28…" Georgina had already drew a picture of what the stage would look like with her screaming "MEN! MEN! MEN!" to the others in the boardroom with them all taking the time to look at her queerly before continuing to argue amongst each other. Three women suddenly burst into the room, the hosts of the 47th World Hit Festival...Diane, Kelli and Zorsia who all wore glittery outfits to the boardroom, seemingly taking some members of the group by surprise. "15...14...13…" Fabio counted down as more people who would eventually help around at the 47th World Hit Festival walked in. Markus Aaronson - the spokesperson for Britonisea this edition - even walked in, walking over to Georgina who widened her eyes at the towering man. A woman, we just saw her hands, holding a book which said "OFFICIAL WORLD HIT FESTIVAL 47: KYVIVRE, BRITONISEA" walked into the room before throwing it at the table space in front of Fabio McAlpine who took off his glasses and looked up at her. "Zero" Fabio said. Everybody in the room froze as he picked up the phone and dialed a Britonish number. A phone went off. The same woman reached inside her pocket before picking the phone up and saying "Hello, Fabio, I was expecting your call…" The camera traced its way up from the pocket to the face of the World Hit Festival Executive Show Producer - Natalia Hayes - the businesswoman who was the spokesperson for Britonisea at World Hit Festival 15, 19, 20, 25 and 28. "The details for the World Hit Festival are right in front of you, sir." She smiled. The Official Theme for the World Hit Festival 47 started playing as she looked down with Fabio looking down at the book. He opened the book, with the camera zooming into the book and travelling through the first page which took us upside down in the arena from a far.

00:17 - Pyros shot from The Grid (the overhead grid) in the colours of the Britonish flag to the beat of the song. As the camera was upside down, it looked as though they were being shot up into the air like fireworks. Eventually, the camera turned 180° around so that nothing was upside down. The cameras came from the stage now, with the camera panning over the audience and getting closer and closer to the action happening on the stage…

This edition, we have a total of 24 nations participating in the World Hit Festival. This is of course the largest World Hit Festival since Fabio McAlpine took over the leadership of the World Hit Festival but more importantly for the host broadcaster, this is the largest World Hit Festival that BVC has put on. It a huge jump from the 13 nations that took place last edition, with BVC negotiation skills certainly paying off to get 24 nations to come to Kyvivre. BVC thought that a lot of money was spent hiring out the Doportedas Olympic Stadium for only 11 nations to come. This edition a much smaller arena was chosen with more than double the amount of participants. BVC wanted to focus on the show this time around, making it more enjoyable for the audience at home and also for the 24 delegations. For the Nation's Parade, that will be Britonisea's longest at the World Hit Festival, each nation will walk out from one side of the area, stop, before walking to the other side and around to the Greenroom. BVC decided that a group of Britonish female models and dancers would be responsible for the Nation's Parade, treating it as a catwalk, with the males featuring in each of the postcards. So in each of the performances during the intervals, women will feature rather prominently. BVC knew that this edition would drag a lot and so decided to not have any other happenings apart from a Nations Parade and a quick chat before going onto nation number one...

It was nearly time for the first nation to walk out with the pyrotechnics calming down and the lights in the arena focusing on the main stage where the first nation was about to come out.

00:47 - There was a huge roar in the arena as the model Tamara J. came walking out wearing clothes which matches the Estogian colours - which were the same as Britonisea's. Tamara's outfit made her look like a professional - professional chic almost. The audience applauded as Tony Alanis awkwardly followed behind the tall Tamara J who also held an Estogian flag in her hand. An announcement was made ESTOGIUM with the audience screaming loudly as Tony waved to the public. The Nations Parade was only supposed to be quick with the camera focusing on Tony's smile and Tamara waving the flag in the back before panning out and waiting for the next nation to come out...

Next up on the stage was model Ariel P. who came out wearing a long dress in the colours of the 1zmedu flag - which were basically the same colours of the Izmeduan flag. The contrast between the colours of the 1zmeduan flag actually blended well here as the dress glowed in the lights baking on it. The audience cheered in a professional manner as 1zmedu's act walked out. Britons in the audience heard that they were in for a surprise during their performance and probably not a surprise they would've wanted. The announcement was made for the nation, 1ZMEDU with their being pockets of boos ringing out in the far corners of the arena - we like to assume that it wasn't from the Britonish folk in arenakyvivre tonight.

The camera quickly changed as we moved onto the third participant of the night. Model Tia P. came walking out in large top and jeans in the colours of the flag of New Saria. Tia was also wearing trainer shoes - a complete contrast from the clothes that Ariel was wearing when she came out for 1zmedu. Tia waved New Saria's flag high and proud as KLAUDIA came walking on behind her. KLAUDIA walked into the middle of the whole stage with all of the cameras - both television and mobile phone - being trained on her as she waved to the audience. The audience cheered gracefully for her, with the nation being excited for New Saria's World Hit Festival return. An announcement was made, NEW SARIA as the colours of their flag showed up on the screen and disappear getting ready for the next nation.

Up next were the rather enthusiastic nation of Samudera Darussalam who were sending a duo act to their first ever World Hit Festival. Modelling for them was Georgina F. who came out wearing one of those old Elizabethan outfits with a corset. The dress was of course in the colours of Samudera Darussalam with the audience politely clapping for this nation unsure of who they are and what they would bring to the World Hit Festival. Georgina F carried the flag to the middle of the stage before the camera trained on Arya and Berlian. The announcement was made for their nation, SAMUDERA DARUSSALAM with the audience's reaction only being slightly louder than before. It was a good reception for a new nation to the contest. The pair seem to walk off from the middle of the stage in a happy manner...

02:26 - The Hosts come out!
Last edited by Britonisea on Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Host Intervention 1

Postby Britonisea » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:14 pm

Kelli Brooke: Hello, everyone! Welcome to the 47th edition of the World Hit Festival! We hope you enjoyed that little bit.

Zorsia McIntyre: We are your hosts for the evening - I am Zorsia, she is Kelli and right at the end, she is Diane.

Diane Lewis-Stephens: Well, ladies, I am not going to be joining you for too long! I will be live from the Greenroom, speaking to the acts of the 47th World Hit Festival, oh yes. I will also be speaking to some of the acts live on air too. I've got to dash, but you girls'll be fine! See you!

Diane walks off of the stage to a huge audience cheer. Kelli and Zorsia look at Diane in shock as Diane waves at them before disappearing from the stage to take a seat in the Greenroom. Across the arena, Kelli shouts...

Kelli Brooke: You're not going to go leaving me, are you? This was supposed to be a group effort! Anyway, let's just move on shall we?

Zorsia McIntyre: Yes - of course. You might be wondering why the hell is the competition in Britonisea? Well, if you are, you're probably not a fan of the World Hit Festival are you?

Kelli Brooke: Normally, the nation that hosts the World Hit Festival is the nation that won the Festival before. It's been that way since World Hit Festival 38 when we hosted in Doportedas. Last edition, in Polumisec, our very own Vhe Qí took the victory last minute from Izmedu, placing 1st with 28 points.

Zorsia McIntyre: Indeed he did! It was quite a shock for us at home, but here we are! BVC decided that Kyvivre should host the competition as the 47th World Hit Festival marks 20 editions since Britonisea's first-ever hosting at the World Hit Festival. I think that's really special, don't you think?

Kelli Brooke: I mean, yes! It's the same arena as well! Arenakyvivre. Wow all of you are looking absolutely splendid today!

The audience roar as Kelli compliments everyone in the audience. The camera pans over the main section of audience members with them looking up at the camera which pans over them. They all wave their flags with the Britonish flag being quite noticeable throughout the whole arena. There was also support for regional nations such as Kalmarlund and Mercedini, both nationalities coming in force at the 47th World Hit Festival.

Kelli Brooke: Yep, 21,000 of you are packed inside this arena looking forward to the show we have for you tonight. As you saw earlier, nations have sent their Delegation to the World Hit Festival to try and please you, tease you to vote for them so they can be the next hosts of the World Hit Festival! Should we have a look at the list of nations participating then?

24 nations will participate at WHF47: This is the official running order for the 47th World Hit Festival, the biggest since WHF40...

Zorsia McIntyre: Tonight 24 nations will be vying for the World Hit Festival trophy and guess what? It won't be an easy trophy to win because all of the acts are great tonight. Tonight, BVC have decided the running order after a random half draw which was televised on BVC2 and online if you want to check it out. BVC from there decided the running order to ensure the night is full of surprises and to make sure everyone has a fair chance! You will get roughly 15 minutes to vote during the World Hit Festival 47 interval act where you can vote for your favourite.

Kelli Brooke: You cannot vote before then and you most certainly cannot vote for your own nation as you may still be charged but it won't count! Right...is there anything else?

Zorsia McIntyre: Urgh, I don't think so actually. I think we should get on with the show, really!

Kelli Brooke: I agree with that statement.

The audience shouts "YES" and starts to cheer. Kelli and Zorsia both smile and look at each other's faces before they look towards the camera and out to the audience, waiting for the audience to calm down before continuing to speak.

Zorsia McIntyre: The first nation we go to is...Estogium. Their postcard, like all postcards, are in a certain location around Britonisea. Each postcard is introduced by someone who...let's just say is quite easy on the eye. That person will then tour each delegation to a certain place and get them to participate in a certain activity. Bit of eye candy and exclusiveness too! I am sure Estogium will thoroughly enjoy their postcard.

Kelli Brooke: The real Britonish way!

Zorsia McIntyre: Haha yes! Right, well, there is only one more thing to say….

Both: LET THE WORLD HIT FESTIVAL 47 BEGIN!

The camera zooms out as we go into the first nation of the evening...
Last edited by Britonisea on Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

List of Participating Nations

Postby Britonisea » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:37 pm

HOST INTERVENTION
01 ESTOGIUM
Postcard | Entry
02 1ZMEDU
Postcard | Entry
03 NEW SARIA
Postcard | Entry
04 SAMUDERA DARUSSALAM
Postcard | Entry
05 NORMANDY & PICARDY
Postcard | Entry
06 LLALTA
Postcard | Entry
07 CLEACA
Postcard | Entry
08 TEESDEXXIA
Postcard | Entry
HOST INTERVENTION: The "Unchosen" Men Pt.1 | Interview with Estogium & Cleaca
09 AMUAPLYE
Postcard | Entry
10 NATANYA
Postcard | Entry
11 KALMARLUND
Postcard | Entry
12 MERCEDINI
Postcard | Entry
13 TOGONISTAN
Postcard | Entry
14 BRITONISEA
Postcard | Entry
15 ANTENOVARIA
Postcard | Entry
16 BESEN
Postcard | Entry
HOST INTERVENTION: Interview with Besen & Teesdexxia
17 VARTUGIA
Postcard | Entry
18 NIGHTOM
Postcard | Entry
19 AXUVA
Postcard | Entry
20 TÖDLICHEBUJOKU
Postcard | Entry
21 IZMEDU
Postcard | Entry
22 NEKONI
Postcard | Entry
23 ACHAEAN REPUBLIC
Postcard | Entry
24 KALOSIA
Postcard | Entry
Last edited by Britonisea on Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

01 | Let's play ball in Sports City...

Postby Britonisea » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:54 pm

01 ESTOGIUM
Tony Alanis - "Hiding No More"

Trigramme: RWH
Language: English
Music: John Shark, Tailor Baker-Well
Lyrics: Tom Brilliant
Tune: Peter Joback - Shape of You

Estogium wants the same glory at the World Hit Festival as their neighbours, Britonisea who has 4 wins compared to Estogium’s zero. RVC were one of the first broadcasters to confirm that Estogium will be taking a short trip across the border to participate in yet another World Hit Festival held by BVC - the Britonish broadcaster for World Hit Festival. This edition, Estogium has yet another male to represent them in the shape of Tony Alanis who will be singing about a woman that he had loved for quite some time but he realised that after a while he wasn’t acting the same way he used to before - singing about how he tried to escape… The audience went quiet for the Estogian postcard after a huge roar for the neighbours of the Britonish...The first thing the audience saw was a still image of model Jayden W. who held a basketball on his arm...

Jayden W. threw the ball that he had to Tony Alanis who was standing behind the camera. Soon we were plunged into the Basketball Arena inside Sports City - where many of Britonisea's major arenas are. We saw Tony Alanis running towards a hoop before getting the ball into the net before running around the basketball court in celebration. Jayden W. looked at him as he did this, chuckling under his breath as he did. Soon, Tony Alanis saw this and ran up towards Jayden W. Jayden bought out a poster that said "Britonish Championships" on it as Jayden W. pointed at Tony. Tony shook his head but Jayden grabbed Tony by the shoulder and took him with him to the changing room.

As we reached the climax of the postcard music, Tony Alanis came running our with a team of Basketball players - with Jayden W. coming out just before him. The pair did some hand thing together before playing the match. There was a montage of Tony playing the game in front of a packed Basketball Arena audience. At the end of the game, Tony's team won with them hoisting Tony up into the air and running off court. As the court laid bare, the camera held that image with Estogium's name showing up on the screen. The audience in arenakyvivre came in very loudly for Britonisea's nearest neighbour...

It was the turn of the Estoge to wow the audience. They were the first ones to perform tonight and are hoping to do themselves proud! It is Song Number 1, Estogium...
Last edited by Britonisea on Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

01 | Estogium | Tony Alanis - Hiding No More

Postby Britonisea » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:05 pm

After Estogium received it's third left-hand side finish at the World Hit Festival, Estogium returns to the World Hit Festival to Kyvivre, to what will be the closest World Hit Festival to Estogium since Kyvivre last hosted.

Estogium recently participated in their fifth consecutive participation at the World Hit Festival, with the result of that being an 8th place with 12 points. While the 8th place is the lowest score that Estogium had received since the 44th World Hit Festival in Anollasia, Estogium has not been in the left hand side for this long for a very long time. Hunter Malden finally got the chance to represent Estogium with his song "Remercio Teis" which saw Britonish being entered into the World Hit Festival since the 39th World Hit Festival. Receiving 12 points in total, a large percentage of those points came from Kalosia who awarded Estogium 5 points making it the second edition in a row Estogium has received that all-important 5 points. This edition, it's time for Tony Alanis to keep Estogium's recent results to the same level or even better them. Estogium is hoping not to dip into the results it had been getting at the start of the 40s decade. Estogian wonder to themselves how their neighbours, Britonisea are hosting the competition for the fifth time while Estogium hasn't even come close to being considered. They all believe something needs to change.

As the postcard finished playing, the audience came in with a huge roar with Estogium being one of the more popular nations performing tonight due to it being Britonisea's neighbouring nation. The lights went down in the arena with the audience dying out at this point. The music soon started with the camera being poised on the middle of the stage which appeared to be out of focus for those watching on the screens or on television. As the music started, a figure could be seen walking to the middle of the stage, with the audience cheering as the man came nearer to the centre. He was wearing something that made him look expensive; a nice tuxedo - black and white from top to bottom. His curly hair slicked back to make him look straight out of a 70s movie. He brought the microphone to his mouth as he sung...

You had me chasing after you,
Because you loved it.
It didn't matter how I felt, no
No it didn't

Soon enough I found the light,
I had to go
But I had to leave, say goodbye
So I walked out that door

After he started singing, another shot from the side of him was pointing at home but unlike the first shot, it was in full focus. At this point, Tony turned around and looked at this camera, singing deep into it. For those watching at home, colours that were mainly shown were the shades of grey, black and white which followed the colours of his costume. He bobbed his head back and front as he was getting through the song, tapping his feet and enjoying himself as he reached the bridge of the song. The camera quickly cut to another section of the stage with a group of people - with faces you couldn't see - singing along with him for the upcoming section...

(I am free) and I feel so good
(I can be) the burden has gone
(Who I want) Oh, darling
Now you can see me for who I am

You never saw the true me
The man you wanted me to be -
He's not real, and I'm sorry
I am hiding no more, no, no

The camera zoomed over Tony as he was singing the chorus, with the camera also appearing over the audience - many members of which were holding Estogian flags - waving them back and forth. The turnout of Estogian fans were high. Tony looked up at the camera as it zoomed past him (an aerial shot), with the stage being shown as the next shot showed it from far away. You could see Tony standing on the middle of it, with a large grey back drop plastered across the large screen. You could see his tiny self on that huge stage with the group of people also on the stage. On the grey LED, it looked as though there were diamonds swimming through a sea of greyness. It looked expensive, especially when looking at it from afar.

I'd hate to cut it short,
But yeah I have got to go
I had to leave, say goodbye
So I walked out that door

(I am free) and I feel so good
(I can be) the burden's lifted
(Who I want) Oh, darling
Now you can see me for who I am

The camera zoomed up on him in the verse before the pre-chorus. Each time the backing vocalists came in, the camera quickly cut to them singing before it came back onto Tony, who was looking deep into the camera. This happened a few times until Tony sang the last bit of the pre-chorus. He made a drum beat motion with his hand as the camera quickly zoomed out. The next shot was in the middle of the arena, on a trolley zooming from one end of the arena to the next with all of the flags flying in the shot. Tony stood where he was, jamming to the song he was enjoying singing.

You never saw the true me
The man you wanted me to be -
He's not real, and I'm sorry
I am hiding no more, no, no

Hiding behind the façade
With all consequences gone
Finally I can take it off
No more hiding behind the façade

(I am hiding no more) I am hiding no more!
(I am hiding no more) I am hiding no-
(I am hiding no more) Oh yes, the façade has gone

(I am hiding no more) Don't make me feel bad
(I am hiding no more) I had no choice
(I am hiding no more) I was hiding be-
-hind the façade baby!!!

At this point, he was at the final section of the song where the backing vocalists came up.in the background quite strongly, with a lot of power. The camera zoomed out to display the whole of rhe arena, with it being lit up with the golden sparkles falling from the rigs in the sky, making it look very pretty from far away. Tony Alanis stood in posititon as the backing vocalists came closer and closer to him. The LED floor started to turn the same colour as the sparkles that fell from the rigs on the ceiling. The audience watched the spectacle in front of them and behind Tony.

(I am hiding no more) You never saw the true me
(I am hiding no more) He didn't exist, no
(I am hiding no more) Woah!!!
(I am, I am, I'm hiding no more) I am hiding no more!

(I am hiding no more) I am hiding no more, oh
(I am hiding no more) I am hiding no more!
(I am hiding no more)
(I am, I am, I'm hiding no more) Oh yes, the façade's gone

(I am hiding no more) Oh yes, the façade's gone

I am, I am, I am hiding no more...

At the end of the song, the camera zoomed slightly in before pausing with him looking directly into the camera. The audience came in with a big cheer for the nation. "Remercio Teis, Brityunik" the man said in Britonish to the audience, thanking them for being such a good audience. He took a deep breath before applauding himself and the audience before he slowly walked off the stage happy with the performance that he had just given. Next up on the stage is 1zmedu!

Britonisea
Powerbroker

02 | Let's have some R&R in Tonesk...

Postby Britonisea » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:12 pm

02 1zmedu
Penny Tration - "1zmeduan National Anthem"

Trigramme: 1ZM
Language: Robloxian
Music: God knows
Lyrics: Who cares
Tune: Roseanne Barr - The Star Spangled Banner

-WIP Background-

-WIP Postcard-

Last edited by Britonisea on Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

02 | 1zmedu | Penny Tration - 1zmeduan National Anthem

Postby Britonisea » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:19 pm

Nkfnkewnxksandkwnd fekfkejf fekjfiejfie
Jiswdjdnajssn fjde dkfjieofjoe fsowwdmdn
Kodod aeieennfifo aoa adjdjeojfnnco jjodcsoj
Podnejkd voaspqmsnd akd skdjidjwodofdjcoso ndhi
Fxjsk dkidje osokansq nasjdjdowmdnsksnd
Pos iwjediwjrjfi aksjjde dekjfiefj soajsoasjso
Os diwjdjwdid oaosjj soaosoooajncoxnswo aosjs
Npajsnide cdihidesnan aijsija ahsncnid iss

With some members of the Britonish audience booing that performance, we moved onto the next nation...New Saria!

Who's tears fill the oceans so wide
And the river that meander through mountains so high
A totally not plagiarism of some other successful World Hit Festival nation
For we are original and unique we swear
Although we don't swear because we are holy children
And yes our lyrics match up to the amount of syllables in this song
To be honest we have no other gimmick than being sad
Boohoo (?)

Britonisea
Powerbroker

03 | Let's row to Swithique!

Postby Britonisea » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:34 pm

03 NEW SARIA
KLAUDIA - "gabriel."

Trigramme: TSA
Music: Klaudia Hurst, Lucy Dunn, Ross Voaden
Lyrics: Klaudia Hurst
Tune: Sylwia Grzeszczak feat. Sound'n'Grace - Kiedy tylko spojrzę [Official Music Video]

The last time that New Saria participated at the World Hit Festival, they participated under the nation The Sarian at the 25th World Hit Festival, with their broadcaster deciding to end the nation’s long hiatus at the festival, participating at the World Hit Festival in Kyvivre which first hosted the World Hit Festival only two editions after Gorgona hosted. Yes, the World Hit Festival had already been held in New Saria before and so the nation does have some good history with the World Hit Festival with their broadcaster hoping to restore their former results and go even better with a win. BVC was very happy to welcome broadcaster MUSE! to the World Hit Festival - with the broadcaster choosing the scenario where they’d meet with Elias E. who would take Klaudia on a rowing excursion...

The camera zoomed out of the sweetheart of the models, Elias, as we could see him standing just in front of a load of boats that were stacked up on top of each other. KLAUDIA walked in front of the camera looking at all of the boats, inspecting all of the boats that she could choose from. You could see Elias following her in the back, speaking to her about each of the rowing boats that they could use. KLAUDIA stopped as she saw the boat that she liked the most. Elias smiled and unlatched the lock that held the boat in place. We skipped forward a tiny bit as we saw the pair carry the boat to the riverbank together. As they put the boat down, Elias held out his hand with the camera looking down at the shaky boat. The camera looked up at KLAUDIA with her shaking her head, wanting Elias to get in first...

At the climax of the postcard, Elias jokingly rolled his eyes before getting into the boat before holding his arm out waiting for KLAUDIA to take his hand and jump in the boat with him. KLAUDIA got in the boat without the assistance of Elias with Elias holding his hand to his chest and pulling a face to the camera before smiling. There was a montage of the Elias showing KLAUDIA how to row before they eventually sailed off. Other groups of rowers were surrounding them with the camera shot pausing on a random group on the river...

It was time for New Saria to return to the World Hit Festival...It's Song Number 3, New Saria!
Last edited by Britonisea on Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

03 | New Saria | KLAUDIA - gabriel.

Postby Britonisea » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:37 pm

New Saria return to the World Hit Festival for the first time since WHF25, which was hosted on home soil. The entry chosen is Klaudia's 'gabriel.', a song about her husband who died two years ago.

As the music starts, the camera is overhead yet close up on the fingers of a pianist playing a black grand piano. As Klaudia starts singing, there is a soft transition over to her. The camera is initially close on her, but slowly pans out as the verse progresses. Klaudia is standing in the middle of the stage, dressed all in black. A light smoke effect means that the bottom of the stage is covered, giving the illusion of Klaudia being atop a cloud.

You’re gone
Left to join the angels
Still holding your hand
Can’t let go or you’re gone

You were taken too soon
Gone for eternity-eee
All I want is more time
Miss you all of the time

Ooooooooo-ooooOOOOooo-Ooooo-Oooooooh
Ooooooooooo-ooOOooo-ooo-ooooh

The smoke intensifies, filling the stage.

You’re gone
Left to join the angels
(join the angels)
Still holding your hand
Let go and you’re gone
(you’re gone)

You were taken too soon (ooh-oooh-oooh...)
Gone for eternity; all time
All I want is more time
(ooh-oooh)
Miss you all of the time (ooh-oooh)

The choir, which could previously be heard but not seen, burst out from behind a wall of fog. It is a diverse group of different ages, sexes and ethnicities. Each are wearing a white t-shirt with a deceased loved ones name printed on it.

Don’t forget me
I’m marching
Toward where you are

When I get there
I’ll tear down heaven’s gate,
My love!

Ooooooooooo-oooOOOoo-OO-ooo

Don’t forget me
I’m marching
Toward where you are

When I get there
I’ll tear down heaven’s gate

Don’t forget me
I’m marching
Toward where you are

When I get there
I’ll tear down heaven’s gate

The camera chicaines upward, to the tune of the final ooooh.

Ooooooooo-ooooOOOOooo-ooooo-oooh

The audience cheered for such an emotional performance. It was now time for the next performance from Samudera Darussalam!
Last edited by Britonisea on Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

04 | Let's go climb that rock in Tonesk!

Postby Britonisea » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:43 pm

04 SAMUDERA DARUSSALAM
BERLIAN & ARYA - "MERANTAU"

Trigramme: SMD
Translation of Title: "Journey"
Language: Gadangese, English
Music: Arya H. 'Arya' Dharmasada
Lyrics: Berlianti 'Berlian' Dharmasada
Tune: Ipank ft. Kinanti - Bakilah ka Rantau

Postcard Music

Performing next is Samudera Darussalam. Their nation is debuting at the World Hit Festival here in Kyvivre, with BVC welcoming them with open arms. It was a part of BVC strategy to get nations that hadn't participated at the World Hit Festival to participate and to make the nations that are participating more interested in the World Hit Festival, with there being major jigs in the show's format to come. Concerning Samudera Darussalam, they're hoping that their debut performance can leave their mark at the World Hit Festival with them opting for a duo, Berlian and Arya, to try and topple the rest of the nations to become the 47th winners of the World Hit Festival. The screen of model Eitan A. showed up. Eitan was standing with his shirt unbuttoned but his shirt was definitely the distraction. The postcard music started as the picture came to life, with the camera slightly zooming out to show Eitan standing at the bottom of a large cliff.

They are currently in the Toneskian Highlands, just on the outskirts of the city of Tonesk. Tonesk is a Britonish City which is located in the centre of the country, with it and the Toneskian Highlands being a popular thoroughfare from the two major cities (Telm City and Doportedas) while also providing links to cities such as Machievelihe, Junteräpten and of course, Kyvivre. Tonesk, therefore, is rather popular but the idea of climbing down the surface of a cliff isn't necessarily. The camera focused on the duo at the top of the hill as Arya looked down to see a waving Eitan inviting him to come down. The pair already had their abseiling kit on and so of course they were going to do it. After a while, the pair decided to go, with Arya going first.

At around 24 seconds into the postcard, Berlian was seen abseiling down the side of the cliff with Arya cheering Berlian on as she got closer and closer to the bottom, eventually meeting Eitan at the bottom of the cliff. There was a shot of everything going on from afar and with the evening growing older and older. At around 40 seconds, as the golden hour stroke, Arya finally decided to abseil down the side of the cliff with Berlian and Eitan cheering for him at the bottom. The final shot was of Arya just going over the edge with the sound of the audience coming in as the music took a sudden stop. The name of the nation and the area showed up on the screen…

Will Samudera Darassalam win on their debut entry? Let's find out! It's Song Number 4, Samudera Darassalam!

Britonisea
Powerbroker

04 | Samudera Darussalam | Berlinan & Arya - Merantau

Postby Britonisea » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:08 am

Love at first sight, is what the various gossip tabloids in the Crowned Republic would include in their articles about the couple. Yet, though many of the details of their love story as what written in the magazines are dubious at best, Arya H. Dharmasada (nee Tanjung) and Berlianti Dharmasada did begin their relationship after their duet in a musical show for a fundraising event in 2015.

After their marriage, the couple who is now known with their stage names as “Berlian and Arya” always performs together as a musical duo. Their songs and music often resemble that of the traditional and folk music style of the Gadang wilayat (region) of Samudera Darussalam which also becomes one of the primary sources of inspirations for their works that mostly tell the experiences of teenagers growing up with tradition and culture; something that appeals to the many of the citizens of the country where much of the traditional values are still being preserved in spite of its rapid modernization.

When Samudera Darussalam’s first official debut in the 47th World Hit Festival in Kyvivre, Britonisea was made public, the Televisi Royal (TVR) began to search for potential candidates for the country’s representatives, compiling a list of various Samuderan emerging musical icons and their works. It is finally decided that the musical duo, much to their surprise, will be tasked to represent the country with their new song, “Merantau”, which tells the story of a young man who is leaving for a journey far from his hometown and leaving much of his life behind to reach his dream.

As the postcard ends, the arena fades to black. The audience, who was curious with next act began to quiet down save for a few murmurs. Some wondering what or where the country of Samudera Darussalam is located, since the nation itself is not really well-known in the international stage. For the small crowd of Samuderans that managed to get into the WHF arena in Kyvivre, this is one of the most thrilling sensations that they feel as their country finally decided to make its debut in an international music event.
In the dark, a lone sound of a keyboard captured the attention of the audience. Many eyes were directed towards the stage, looking for any act that is going to be played by the next performance. The camera caught the moment as the graceful sound of the keyboard suddenly replaced by a loud thump of a drum as the lights abruptly went on in a soft purplish-blue haze, illuminating the stage’s sides in sync with the musical notes that were being played. Still in the dark, a young woman in a red-colored dress was moving her body with the music. With a microphone in her right hand, she sung in melancholy tone as she walked down the right side of the stage with the stage lights on her, the camera zoomed over to her position.

Uda bajalan ka rantau urang

Berlian moved her left hand to her chest, as if she is singing from her heart. Her brown eyes momentarily closed as she sung the next line, still using the same tone. For those who were watching at home, the soft purplish-blue colors turned into a shade of white. The camera moved to take the view from her left side.

Jo lapang dado,
denai lapehkan
Jagolah diri, usah tadayo
Here with our love,
I'm thinking of you

With the last line, the camera moved back to show her front side and Berlian moved her hand to her left side, spreading it wide. She showed a small smile to the audience as she slowly moved her hand back to her side. The camera pans over to the audience was cheering and waving their nations’ flags.
The stage lights in the other side of the stage then went on. The camera moved to show Arya, who was wearing a black coat with his right hand holding the other microphone. He smiled for a moment before he sung his part, walking to his counterpart for a few steps before he stopped with the camera tailing his movement.

I walk through the night,
to a land so foreign
I leave my beloved across the ocean
Oh, I feel ache all over
I deeply miss our homeland
Here in the promised land
I'm all by myself

He closed his eyes as he lifted his clenched left hand up to the level of his chest, with the camera swiftly moved to show both of his left and right side. The camera then turned to show the audience, focusing primarily on the cheering Samuderan audience who waved the national black, red, and yellow flags. As the next line was sung, the camera then turned again to Arya, who closed his eyes during the performance. The arena went dark for a while before the lights suddenly exploded in a bright white color that fades in and out in sync with the music as Arya began to sing.

Sayang, nantikan uda di kampuang
Do'akanlah uda sukses di rantau urang

With that, the camera moved to show the still smiling Berlian. She locked her eyes with Arya and traded her smile with Arya as both of them walked to each other’s side, amidst the cheering of the audience. They turned their face to each other’s direction, as Berlian opened her mouth to sing in return.

Uda sayang,
denai nantikan di ranah Gadang

The colors that were illuminating the stage turned into a soft shade of purple as Berlian closed her eyes for a while before she opened them again, still smiling. She moved her left forefinger while facing her counterpart as if to warn Arya of something important. The whole scene was shown perfectly by the camera. She then sung her next part in a soft, motherly tone.

Ingeklah sayang,
Jan sampai titian patah

The camera then followed Arya as he smiled and nodded his head to the music. Still facing the young woman, the man lifted his hand up to Berlian’s direction, as if he wanted to make a declaration.

My love, please take my promise
I'm going to realize our dream

The camera moved to show both of them who were moving their bodies to the music under the soft purplish color of the lights, before it changed its position to Berlian who began to sing her part.
Just remember to be careful,
and don't forget us who you've left

When they reached interlude, the lights that were illuminating the stage turned to white again as Arya and Berlian turned to face the audience; the camera zoomed out to show their entire form, moving both of their bodies in sync with the music. Their smiles grew slightly wider as the audience clapped and cheered. They released their hands as Berlian walked to the audience and began to sing again.

Uda bajalan ka rantau urang
Jo lapang dado,
denai lapehkan
Jagolah diri, usah tadayo
Here with our love,
I'm thinking of you

She traded smiles with Arya as she backed down, giving Arya the room. The camera zoomed over to Arya as he sung, lifting his clenched left hand to a position just slightly above his chest.
to a land so foreign
Oh, I feel ache all over
I'm all by myself

He traded smiles with Berlian as he began to sing, the lights dimmed before they exploded in white color that brighten up the stage, fading in and out in sync with the music as they reached the climax.

Sayang, nantikan uda di kampuang
Do'akanlah uda sukses di rantau urang

Berlian walked to Arya’s side again. Her left hand was placed over her chest as she sang. The camera turned to follow her movement.

Uda sayang,
denai nantikan di ranah Gadang

The camera quickly turned over to the audience, who were waving their nations’ flags in sync with the music, before returned to show Berlian and Arya, who were smiling at each other. Berlian then placed her hand over Arya’s shoulder and sang in a soft, motherly tone. The lights turned from white to soft purple.

Ingeklah sayang,
Jan sampai titian patah

As Berlian released her hand, Arya placed his hand over his chest and began to sing in return, moved his hand to her direction as if making a declaration.

To which, Berlian closed her eyes and sung back. The camera zoomed over to her face.

The couple then holding their hands again and began to move their bodies with the music as the camera zoomed out and moved to show the audience. It focused and zoomed over a Samuderan flag for a while before it turned back to show the stage as the music began to fade, signaling the end of the act. The camera zoomed over to Berlian and Arya who smiled to the audience before both bowed in a sync amidst the cheers. They are glad that their act went well. It was now time to move on to Normandy and Picardy for the next performance...

You are going to a foreign land
With patience,
I let you go
Please take care of yourself, don't be led astray

to a land so foreign
Oh, I feel ache all over
I'm all by myself

Sweetheart, please wait for me in our homeland
Please pray so I may be successful
Honey,
I'll be waiting for you in the lands of Gadang

Please do remember, honey
never destroy the bridge of trust

You are going to a foreign land
With patience,
I let you go
Please take care of yourself, don't be led astray

to a land so foreign
Oh, I feel ache all over
I'm all by myself
Sweetheart, please wait for me in our homeland
Please pray so I may be successful
Honey,
I'll be waiting for you in the lands of Gadang
Please do remember, honey
never destroy the bridge of trust

Britonisea
Powerbroker

05 | Let's get fruity in Telm!

Postby Britonisea » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:17 am

05 NORMANDY & PICARDY
Antoine Beauregard - "Même Tes Rêves Les Plus Fous"

Trigramme: NPR
Translation of Title: Even Your Wildest Dreams
Language: Normand French, English
Music: Antoine Beauregard, Josef Hauteville, Gerad Grisson, Martine Macuchon
Lyrics: Antoine Beauregard, Josef Hauteville
Tune: Alessio Bernabei - Nel Mezzo Di Un Applauso

Postcard Music

Normandy and Picardy are returning to the World Hit Festival sending a song in Normand French and English, “Même Tes Rêves Les Plus Fous” which will be sung by Antoine Beauregard. Normandy and Picardy are one of the most successful nations at the World Hit Festival, having won five times in the history of the World Hit Festival and while the nation has received some good results since their last win, their last win was all the way at the 24th World Hit Festival. To put this into perspective, the current joint leader Izmedu (who was won with 7 wins) and Britonisea (who is right behind Normandy and Picardy with 4 wins) have all won their wins in the editions after Normandy and Picardy won their last World Hit Festival. It looks as though Normandy and Picardy are certainly overdue another World Hit Festival and they are hoping that they can strike gold here in Kyvivre. Their postcard starts of with Taron H who cheekily stands in front of the camera with a bunch of bananas in his hands.

Taron H. certainly left an impression on the Britonish audience as some members of the audience could be heard during the postcard screaming at the top of their lungs - I mean...they totally might've been Normophiles but let's weigh up the possibilities here. Taron H. dropped one of the bananas he had before opening it from the bottom and taking a bite. On the other side of the camera, Antoine was looking back at Taron H. almost with a look of disgust on his face as Taron sexually are the banana. Taron H. offered a banana to Antoine which he swiftly rejected. Taron H. sighed visibly before having an idea, telling Antoine to follow him. Antoine followed Taron H. almost unwillingly but tried his hardest to look into the postcard as much as possible.

The next shot saw them enter a market with farmers throwing different fruits around from stall to stall. Both Taron H. and Antoine walked into the market looking amazed at how colourful, vibrant and exciting the market was. Someone threw apples to both Antoine and Taron H. with the camera pointing towards a sign that says "FRESH. SENSATIONALLY SWEET." They did a cheers with their fruit before taking a bite with Antoine seemingly enjoying the taste of the sweet apple - for the first time, we had a genuine smile from Antoine. As the postcard music climaxed, we went through montages of the pair getting involved in the market, dashing fruit from one stall to another, selling fruit to customers etc. The camera focused on Antoine in the last few seconds of the postcard, with interacting with a customer wearing a large Normand flag over himself. The pair laughed before Antoine pointed down at the fruits. The camera pointed down to where Antoine was before freezing. The sound of the audience came in loudly...

It was now time for Normandy and Picardy to take centre stage in Kyvivre...it's Song Number 5, Normandy and Picardy.
Last edited by Britonisea on Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

05 | Normandy & Picardy | Antoine Beauregard

Postby Britonisea » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:41 am

Tune for Normandy & Picardy

Here's an image of Antoine somewhere nice and warm, by the looks of it.

After the embarrassment of WHF 45, albeit one that was self inflicted, many had worried about Normandy and Picardy's future in WHF, but any doubts were dispelled by the country's performance last time around in Izmedu, placing a very respectable 3rd place with 25 points, a result which left the new delegation under Marcel Pisson feeling much more certain, and of course delighted. Some even claim that SRNP now have plans in place just in case they win and thus win the right to host, although SRNP have denied the claims, whilst welcoming the optimisim of the fan community. Just hours after the contest had ended, Pisson was already thinking about the next contest in Britonisea, and knew that even though he had done well last time, nothing was guaranteed at all.

The success in Izmedu had make the executives of SRNP more open to helping the WHF delegation, as they had shown they could do very well, although certain figures were worried about the prospect of the country doing too well. However, Pisson managed to secure an increase in funding, and after the 3rd place result, he found it much easier to find interest in competing at the contest this time around. Whilst on the one hand this made his life a lot easier, not having to chase around and desperately seek out talent whilst bigger names (and even many smaller names) avoided the contest, it also meant he had a lot more music to sift through, have a lot more meetings with potential acts, and ultimately spend probably even more time. Of course, matters were simplified by the closed selection process Pisson had used last time around, and that the various Normand delegations under different guises had often used for WHF, but even a request to a small record label could lead to at least 3 or 4 songs being put forward. How times had changed.

After many many meetings, lots of listening to different songs, trying to put together ideas, and many sleepless nights, Pisson finally had his act. Normandy and Picardy finally had its act. That act would be the singer-songwriter Antoine Beauregard, 30, and his song, "Même Tes Rêves Les Plus Fous" (Even Your Wildest Dreams). Whilst the song is in many ways rather cliched, with its message of perseverance and the encouragement to "Dare to Dream" (serving that Tel Aviv realness), it does come from a place close to Antoine's heart. Sob story incoming! Antoine himself has suffered from mental health issues in the past that have held back his career, as well as having been homeless for a time, and has decided that he wants to help spread positivity and show there is a way out. So you know, the usual sort of thing.

It is up to Antoine to represent both his home town of Amiens in Picardy - making him one of the very few Picard representatives to ever represent Normandy and Picardy in either WV or WHF, a decision that has not gone without controversy - and Normandy and Picardy at one of the largest musical events in the world. How will he do? Let's see...

The first shot of the stage is, quelle surprise, pitch black, a clean slate if you will. Quickly, the background begins to fill, looking as if it is being painted in quite a youthful, childlike manner, wide brush strokes and pastel colours a plenty, mostly a shade of blue to look like the sky. The camera shot is quite intimate and close to the stage, and this "painting" on the LED background helps illuminate Antoine, who stands at the centre of the stage area. He begins to sing, looking directly at the camera. He is stood behind a microphone stand, one hand holding the stand near to the top without much force, and the other almost floating above the microphone itself. There is almost a forlorn feel, even despite the colours and perhaps also because of it; in any case, it helps show that, even because other people are doing well, it doesn't mean you are. But, of course, we'll get more uplifting later on. Not much changes over the course of the first verse, except that the painting stops, leaving a solid background.

Quelq'fois, ce sent comme qu'il y a un poids qui appuie sur toi
Et chaque jour se transforme en lutte sans fin, une couchemar
Avec les gens qui te juge pendant que tu galères pour survie
Mais t'inquiète pas, trouves ton force, il faut que tu luttes

As the song progresses, the cameras pull back slightly. The rough painted style is roughly replaced with block colours, which change between various pastel shades of blue, red and yellow. The expanded area shown behind Antoine as a result of the pan allows for sections of the lyrics to be shown in various different languages, including "They can't kill you" in English; think something like Italy's Eurovision staging in 2018, just from the LED screen, at various points around Antoine. He himself mostly remains stood where he is, but almost seems to build conviction over the course of this next verse.

Et bien que leurs mots puissent faire mal, il peut pas te tuer
Oui, je sais que mes mots peut paraître en l'air, dénué de sens
Et finalement c'est tes propres mots qui te définissent

As the prechorus begins, a series of lights at the back of the stage begin to flash ever so slightly, accenting the music and helping slowly build up the stage performance too. Antoine grabs the microphone from the stand and pushes the stand to one side, walking towards the front of the stage as the cameras give a series of panning, but still quite close (albeit not as close as at first) shots, including some that twisted in their orientation slightly, Antoine reaching out and somewhat moving around so as to follow them.

Alors chante ta propre chanson, ne les écoutes plus
Qu'il soit une symphonie tres beau ou un air plus doux
Ne les laisse pas écrire ton histoire pour toi, non
Ramasse le stylo de destin et le faire de nouveau

The change in the colours becomes slightly more rapid as the prechorus continues. Antoine claps along with the beat of the song, encouraging the crowd in the stadium to do the same, and connecting both with the audience in the stadium and those across the multiverse, striving to fulfil his mission of showing people they can achieve anything. Hell, he'd made it to WHF, he knew you could make it if you put the work in. His belief and conviction hel power his performance on, and indeed he is still putting in the work even now.

Et il y a jours quand qu'il peut sembler
Comme tes désirs ne peuvent pas d'etre réalités, ouais, mais,
Juste crois dans tes rêves et espoirs parce qu'ils peuvent d'être réels
Les possibilités sont infinies si tu oses

As the chorus begins, there is a camera shot that begins at the back of the stadium, passing over the crowd. The LED screens above are shown to be filled with the same shades as the main LED screen is switching between, but such that each smaller screen and the main LED panels are all different colours. After the first shot reaches the stage, it moves around such that it is facing the crowd, with Antoine turning around with the camera and singing to it, before the viewers at home a series of panning shots.

Oooooooh, oooooooh
Même tes rêves les plus fous
Même tes rêves les plus fous, sont possibles
Oooooooh, oooooooh
Avec un rêve tu peut changer le monde

As the chorus ends and the next verse begins, things slowly die down and settle a bit. The camera shots are much more intimate again, as Antoine turns around to see a young girl playing with a toy rocket, running about and pretending it is flying through space; a representation of the innocence of youth, and of course matching the lyrics of the song (which are no longer being shown unlike before). The background LED image changes to show a rather picturebook-esque space background which slowly comes to life.

Quand tu étais plus jeune, tu as rêvé aux étoiles et retour
Mais maintenant tu es piégé en bas ici au monde
Le jeune, il existe encore?
Veut il voler à nouveau?

As the prechorus begins once more, the cameras turn to focus on Antoine alone, so that he can do what he does best; work the cameras. Not much is different from the previous prechorus, except of course the space background, twinkling with stars, but in the same sort of picturebook style, rather than trying to replicate space properly or even in a BBC "we're going to do what everyone else is doing but cheaper and worse" manner (even if the simplicity of this performance makes it seem like SRNP are on an even tighter leash), so as to highlight the sense of youthful abandon and willingness to dare and to try.

Chante ta propre chanson, ne les écoutes plus
Qu'il soit une symphonie tres beau ou un air plus doux
Ne les laisse pas écrire ton histoire pour toi, non
Ramasse le stylo de destin et le faire de nouveau

Et il y a jours quand qu'il peut sembler
Comme tes désirs ne peuvent pas d'etre réalités, ouais, mais
Juste crois dans tes rêves et espoirs parce qu'ils peuvent d'être réels
Les possibilités sont infinies si tu oses

As the chorus begins, we are treated to another wide shot of the Arenakyvivre, as the light array above shine with various shades of blue in keeping in the wider screen and the space theme currently in use, as shown also by the affect created on the made background screens and the small LED screens (as well as the movement of the cameras) that Antoine and the arena were moving through space, changing slowly over the course of the chorus between the different shades rather than flashing brightly.

The lights are dimmed as the second chorus ends, and the colour seems to be sucked from the LED screens, until Antoine is left with just a single spotlight, flickering slightly. We get a close up of Antoine's face, head slightly bent downwards but with eyes looking up towards the camera, and his charm still shining through, even in the more subdued environment around him. The camera zooms slowly outwards over the course of this section.

I know this isn't easy, but you have to say strong
Je vois tu n'ose pas espoir mais juste fais un essai
It's better to have failed than to have never tried
But I know you will make it

As the song begins to liven up again, a series of lights begin to flash with the beat. There were a series of panning shots. As you've no doubt realised by now, the staging is rather simple; you can't go over the top every time, and not all of us are Izmeduan, and of course you don't want to overpower the song. The important thing here, as aformentioned, is the connection between Antoine and the audiences in their homes across the multiverse, hence the more stripped back feel and the focus on him with the camera.

Sing your own song now, sing what you want to sing
Just let the words flow out, take control of the symphony
Don't let them tell you what to say or the way things must be
And dare to create your own story, your own destiny

And even though it may seem too hard at first
You have to keep going on, you have to keep your head held high
Just believe in your dream, and one day you will be living it
Everything and anything is possible if you believe

The backing singers, who had been hidden before this point, come out to join Antoine as the final chorus begins. After "they're possible", there is a sudden explosion of light across the arena as it was bathed in gold, a wave spreading out from the central LED panel and across both the stage and the LED panels above, whilst the lights on the back move about slightly, adding a slight white accent to the scene. As this explosion happened the camera feed suddenly pulled backwards to show the Arenakyvivre filled with golden colour.

Oooooooh, ooooooh
Even your wildest dreams
Even your wildest dreams, they're possible

As the song draws to a close, we get a final close up shot of Antoine and the backing singers, stood in the centre of the stage, basking in the dying, fading gold light that filled the arena. Antoine has a broad, welcoming smile on his face which almost seem to reach out through the camera. He ends the song with a wink to the camera.

It only takes a dream
Juste un rêve pour changer le monde

"Merci Kyvivre! Merci tout le monde!" Antoine shouts as he leaves the stage. He's done all he can; now all he can do is wait and see if the multiverse has received his message well. It was now turn for song number six to enter the stage - Llalta!

It sometimes feels like there's a weight pushing down on you
And every day turns into an endless struggle
With people judging you whilst you just try to survive
But don't worry, find your strength, you have to fight on

And even though their words can hurt, they can't kill you
Yes, I know my words might seem empty or meaningless
And ultimately it is your own words that define you

So sing your own song, don't listen to them no more
Whether it is a beautiful symphony or a quiet tune
Don't let them write your story for you, no
Pick up the pen of fate and make it all anew

And there are days when it can seem
Like wishful thinking, yeah, but
Just believe in your hopes and dreams because they can be real
The sky is the limit if you dare

Oooooooh, oooooooh
Even your wildest dreams
Even your wildest dreams are possible
Oooooooh, oooooooh
With a dream you could change the world

When you were young, you dreamed up to the stars and back again
But now you are trapped down here on Earth
Whatever happened to the younger you?
Do they still want to fly?

So sing your own song, don't listen to them no more
Whether it is a beautiful symphony or a quiet tune
Don't let them write your story for you, no
Pick up the pen of fate and make it all anew
And there are days when it can seem
Like wishful thinking, yeah, but
Just believe in your hopes and dreams because they can be real
The sky is the limit if you dare
Even your wildest dreams
Even your wildest dreams

I know this isn't easy, but you have to say strong
I see you don't dare to hope, but just give it a go

It's better to have failed than to have never tried
But I know you will make it
Sing your own song now, sing what you want to sing
Just let the words flow out, take control of the symphony
Don't let them tell you what to say or the way things must be
And dare to create your own story, your own destiny

And even though it may seem too hard at first
You have to keep going on, you have to keep your head held high
Just believe in your dream, and one day you will be living it
Everything and anything is possible if you believe

Oooooooh, ooooooh
Even your wildest dreams
Even your wildest dreams, they're possible

Even your wildest dreams

It Only takes a dream
Just a dream to change the world

Britonisea
Powerbroker

06 | Let's grab a bite in Telm!

Postby Britonisea » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:56 am

06 LLALTA
Chiara Albanthia - "Timeless"

Trigramme: LLA
Music: John Marshall
Lyrics: Esther Winterborne
Tune: Mononoke Hime - Joe Hisaishi ft. Masako Hayashi

Last edited by Britonisea on Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

06 | Llalta | Chiara Albanthia - Timeless

Postby Britonisea » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:00 am

Last edition for Llalta was rather embarrassing. 9th out of 13th is the worst result yet for Llalta statistically, even worse than 17th place gotten by Esther in the 40th World Hit Festival. The LBN realised they had to step up their game, bring something new and breath taking onto the stage. Something that'd leave the audience with nothing to say but "wow". And so, John Marshall, Llalta's best composer to write a song that could transport the listener to another world; a world that lay deep in their Imagination. With Esther Winterborne writing the lyrics, as she most well known for, "Timeless" was written. And so, after over half a year of hard work, the song was finally finished. However, it was originally planned for Esther to sing, meaning Esther would return to the contest a 4th time. Despite, Esther being a veteran at the prestigious contest, the idea was decided against as her voice didn't seem to fit the tone of the song. No other singer in Llalta seemed able to sing such a powerful and emotional song, and it seemed the song would have to be scrapped or given to some other international artist to sing, something they'd rather not do. Fortunately, that's when renowned opera singer Chiara Albanthia stepped up to the job of singing it, known as Llalta's best vocalist. Her impressive vocal range as well as having the emotion and strength in her voice led to her being the perfect choice to sing the dramatic power ballad. From that point onwards it was certain she would sing the song in Britonisea, one of Llalta's closest friends. Unfortunately, last time the contest was held in Britonisea for the 43rd edition in Burgendore, Llalta came a meagre 10th place out of 20. This was following a string of impressive results of 2 2nd places, impressive for such a small nation. However, the WorldVision superstar Patricia, Llalta's native drag queen, flopped considering her impressive feat if 4th in the 65th WorldVision. However, Llalta is hoping to change it's recently disappointing results.

Chiara Albanthia is a 37-year old opera singer born and raised like any other Llaltese, in St. Christopher. She began singing from the age of 6, and studied at Britonisea's most prestigious music school from 18. After graduating, she returned to Llalta and began her opera singing career, releasing her first album at 22. She was known as the rising opera star, having a voice most 22 year olds could only dream of. Despite her talent however, she really only took off a couple years later with her album, "Rebirth of the Phoenix". This album broke the rules of opera and classical music alike, each song written with a modern twist. She then became renowned for her pop opera, often using electronic beats and sounds alongside her orchestral, and elegant music. Her song, "Fateful Turn" even hit number 1 in many classical charts around the world, and lead an onslaught of pop opera hits from 2008 to 2016. Despite all her fame and fortune, she lives with her husband of 37, 2 children and 2 dogs. In St. Christopher she lives a very down to earth lifestyle, never seeing paparazzi or the sorts in her traditionally peaceful Llaltese lifestyle. Since 2016, she has taken a break from music to focus on her children and family, but now is ready to return to the spotlight. With the entry, "Timeless", already a hit in Llalta, she hopes to restart her music career and is planning to release the album "Timeless" later this year.

The song itself, "Timeless" tells the tale of a world, once alive with gods, titans and beasts that would tower over skyscrapers. However, this mythical and magical world fell to the humans, someway or another, and is only a mere memory, a fairy tale. It is very traditionally Llaltese, hopeful yet solemn. Poetic and elegant. The staging on the hand, is a lot more subtle and minimalistic. Rather than showing the lands described showing on the LEDs, the performance will be simple to allow the viewer to imagine it themselves. This allows the viewer to focus on the song, lyrics and her voice, rather than the stage itself. Transporting you into this otherworldly place, without showing you. The song is 3:00 long and is a classical opera song, with some modern twists in the song writing to add drama and emotion. The LBN hope that you can embark on this quest to explore these lands afar, through your mind, and maybe even relive worlds and places you once created. Whether it be childhood lands or places you dreamed of on your average Monday morning as you ride a bus to work or wherever.

As the postcard ends, the arena fades to black. The audience cheers for their favourite tiny island nation for a while, before it quietens down to a couple mutters and shouts. Before long, the arena is silent and pitch black, like an empty vacuum of space. Then in the silence, the piano begins to play. Each single note echoing ever so slightly in the arena, like the drop of morning dew in the silence. As the piano introduction is played, a single soft golden spotlight slowly begins to light up from the back of the stage. As the spotlight grows brighter, a silhouette can be made out onstage of a woman, Chiara Albanthia. However, the light is not bright enough to see her fully, so only her silhouette being able to be seen. At this point, the mist cloaking the floor of the stage can be seen, swarming like the sea at Chiara's feet. Then, as the two harsher sounding piano notes are played, the camera angles suddenly switch with each press of the keys. As it does this, the lights flash gold softly, before fading into black as quickly as they appeared. With each mild flash, Chiara's face and outfit can finally be seen, but just for a moment. Her face looks youthful for 37, but the creases of worry and resent make her face look wise and mature, and her chestnut hair is braided in a bun at the back of her head. Her elegant dress falling to the floor of the stage, covered by the thick carpet of mist. She looks almost god like, bathing in the dim golden light, as if she were a mere memory or dream. Her face emotionless apart from flickers of solemnness in her eyes, as if mourning. As the introduction nears to a close, and the final piano key is played, the lights slowly dim to black except from a single golden spotlight, lighting her up. Though she looks small and lone on the big stage, the camera angles are close up, to make the performance more intimate. And so the introduction ends, facing forward lone on the grand stage, ready to bring the performance of a lifetime.

She begins to sing the sombre verses of the song, looking out into the audience, one hand clutching the microphone on the stand. Her hazel eyes painted with gold lights, shimmering and shining. The camera movements and slow and flowing, matching the mood of the song, being sombre yet mythical. She stares longingly of into the distance, her deep brown eyes shimmering in the golden light. The audience remain somehow silent and motionless throughout the performance, few flags waving. A couple lights are waved in the audience however. Her voice is calm and solemn. Hollow yet full of stories untold. There is no urgency in her voice; just regret. Throughout the sing, she doesn't move from her spot in centre stage. Rather she makes small, subtle gestures with her hands, telling a story. Sign language with no true meaning, just emotions with no way to translate. But yet one could understand the meaning perfectly.

The never-ending search for nowhere
Hidden in the cloak of time
Like a fairy tale, an eden of true
Where embroidered pearls paint twilight

As the verse builds up, and violins join the piano, a couple more golden spotlights slowly light up on Chiara. She glances up at the lights before tracing the walls of the arena with her eyes, looking at the audience too. The fog is still as thick as it was at the start of the performance, surrounding her as if it were the ocean. As she sings, one might notice the tinge of sorrow in her voice, which melodic as it is, holds the raw emotions. Like a geode, raw gems shimmering from inside. Her eyes so sorrowful, as if it held many scenes better left unseen or broken promises and never said goodbyes. As the third line is sung, Chiara's hand drifts towards the skies, as if reaching for something lost many aeons ago, so long ago that she was breath taken to find it again, before slowly lowering it. The camera takes a body shot from the front and begins to steadily zoom into her face, as Chiara turns her head to face the camera, her eyes fixed forward, shimmering with hope.

Forgotten dreams drift past the heavens
Waltzing in the arms of the wind
Soaring in the skies where gods once roamed
A remanence of the world we once had known

As she soulfully sings the bridge, she steadily raises her left hand to the skies, a little shakily. Her eyes glimmering in gold, follow suit and looks at her hand, raised. Slowly, small white lights begin fading into view from the back of the stage like stars, twinkling subtly as they shine. However, there are very few. She lowers her hand, whilst a head shot is taken of Chiara, who stares straight into the camera with such pain yet such hopefulness. As she sings the third line, she raises both arms up the skies, twirling slowly yet so mesmerizingly. However, she quickly puts her hand on her heart and shakes her head, telling the tale to the audience subtly. Her hands appear to be shaking a little yet her voice remains intact and perfect, as she continues her melodic symphony, thousands of eyes watching her from across the globe. And yet, she managed to shrug off that thought. Her mind fixated on the song and conveying this mythical and never seen before world to the audience.

Where titans held up the sky and moonlight sang
Somewhere we seek yet we had once destroyed
Where beasts volant in the infinity of skies
A place where we can be
Timeless legends as free

As she finishes the last line of the bridge, with each syllable a white light falls on Chiara from the back of the stage, building up for the climax of the song. Whilst she sings the final note of the bridge, the bright white lights billow outwards, glimmering as it passes over the camera. The sudden boost of energy in the song is met with an applause from the audience. As the instrumental draws nearer, two sets of golden lights flash harshly, corresponding to the piano chords played. The sombre, painful, and yet somewhat uplifting music begins, met with more white spotlights billowing outwards, starting pointed at Chiara before travelling to the sides of the arena. More lights rise from the back of the stage too, giving the sudden burst of power in the song dramatic lighting to match. The cymbal clashes and the arena flashes white and gold. As the instrumental begins, Chiara begins belting out the high notes with such raw power and emotion, goose bumps on the arms of many who watched. The lights continues their dramatic presentation, in an illustrious gold and white whilst they dance and tango around the arena. Chiara on the other hand is bathed in a golden spotlight, complementing her jade green dress. As she continues to sing throughout the instrumental, the backing singers also sing, almost like a chant. Despite this, Chiara remains the only person onstage, lone and powerful she stands in the midst of the flurry of lights roaming the arena. Each moment of lighting is made to match the music, lights flashing as the cymbals clash, like lightning in a storm. The camera takes a couple wider shots, further emphasizing how lone and small Chiara is on such a big stage. However, she still manages to stand out even in the dance of bright white and gold. The climax begins to near its end, and Chiara prepares for the final note. She has a determined glimmer in her eyes, pained but not hopeless. The moment draws closer, and the spotlights quickly travel back on Chiara, as if she were a black hole dragging in the lights. Met with a jet of steam that is sent upwards, Chiara belts out the highest and longest note of the song. The camera steadily zooms into her as she sings the note, Chiara surrounded by the ring of steam, as if she where the eye of a hurricane.

The music instantly softens as she finishes the note, the stage looking like the beginning of the performance. Chiara onstage surrounded by thick fog and lit up by few golden spotlights. She sings the penultimate line of the song, hands tightly clutching the microphone, eyes glimmering with gold. Creases are etched on her face, showing her pain as she sings, shadows dancing across her face. Her hand slowly gravitates to her heart and is held in a fist. The camera takes a shot of her upper torso upwards, a shot so intimate corresponding to the peacefulness of the song. Where only Chiara is lit up throughout the entire arena, the rest lying in complete darkness.

A place where we could be
Timeless legends once free

The music draws to a close, a resolute and final sound to it. The spotlights steadily fade off of Chiara, the arena in total darkness until golden lights at the back slowly appear from behind Chiara, creating a silhouette, similar to that of the beginning of the entry. Chiara's arms are raised up like warrior who won the war, and even in the darkness we can see her beaming with joy. The performence ends with Chiara's silhouette in a powerful pose with golden beams of light behind her like sunset. The lights come up and we see Chiara onstage smiling as the audience cheer for one of their favourite island nations. She bows politely before shouting to the audience: "I love you all so much, 'Alvagar al somme igla! (Never lose the past!)'" She can be seen crying of joy as she stumbles off into the green room. Next up to perform is Cleaca!

Britonisea
Powerbroker

07 | Let's kitesurf in Araparta

Postby Britonisea » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:06 am

07 CLEACA
RamRod - I Fell For You

Trigramme: CLE
Translation of Title:
Music: Armond Tufalu
Lyrics: Isaac Blue
Tune: Wig Wam - ''I Turn To You''

Postcard Music

It was now time for the nation of Cleaca to participate at the World Hit Festival. Cleaca’s participation at the World Hit Festival isn’t as often as some of the other nations that participate in the World Hit Festival but they are returning to the World Hit Festival after taking a break from the Orchestral Edition which took place in Polumisec last edition. In the recent editions they have participated in, Cleaca has not done as well as they may have wanted to do, with their most recent result seeing them in 14th place out of 16 nations. They are hoping, however, that they do much better in Britonisea’s arenakyvivre this time around with the band RamRod who are hoping that all that is needed is a bit of metal to surge Cleaca to the top of the scoreboard. For their postcard, Cleaca had the model Santiago N. who was in the middle of kite-surfing as the cameras around the Multiverse faded to the postcard from Cleaca...

Britonisea
Powerbroker

07 | Cleaca | RamRod - I Fell For You

Postby Britonisea » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:10 am

RamRod is a glam metal band originating from Tushlark, Togonistan. Formed by Armond Tufalu (vocals), Eli Benjamin (guitars), Isaac Blue (bass) and Frank Snow (drums), the band titles itself as ''The first Togonistani glam metal band.'' The band saw rather widespread success in the early 2000's, mostly due to their unique outfits and stage performances. The band has been nominated for the annual music awards two times, but never won any titles.

To celebrate the 20th birthday of the band, RamRod decided to go on a world tour and start it off by representing Cleaca in the 47th World Hit Festival. The band was chosen by CBC through closed internal selection, although there are unconfirmed rumours that RamRod paid CBC a certain sum of money in order to get them chosen as representatives.

In WHF47, they are performing their song titled ''I Fell For You'' which is the band's newest song written especially for the World Hit Festival.

The stage is lit up. RamRod can be seen on the stage and crowd in the arena starts cheering as the band starts playing. They wear colorful outfits with lots of glitter added to it. The whole stage theme is very shiny and glittery, with silver being the dominant color. All around the arena, white lights are blinking on and off with different time delays. Armond clings to the microphone stand and starts singing.

When the times are dark and I feel I can't stand
When inside I feel empty and bland
When the night arrives you are my only light
That I can keep right by my side

Armond puts his arms wide open and starts pointing to the audience while singing the chorus. The rest of the band keeps playing their instruments.

I fell for you
Like a rocket crashing towards the land
I fell for you
'Cause you're the one I need
Who can turn me around, bring me to ground
I fell for you

Armond grabs the microphone stand with his right hand and starts walking around the stage with it while singing the second chorus, doing various hand gestures with his left hand at the same time.

When my insides are rotten inside me
You're the medicine that will revive me
You be my salsa, I'll be your rice
I'll stick to you, no matter the price

Armond places the stand back to the stage floor and starts nodding his head and left knee to the rhythm, doing various hand gestures every once in a while as well.

I fell for you
I fell for you
I fell for you

Suddenly, stage theme changes from the usual silver glittery to more of an orange lighting. Armond bends his knees and tilts the stand along with him while singing. He looks at the camera as it rotates around him, before zooming out.

What do I need?
Where'd I head to?
If you didn't carry me through
I see stars sparking in your eyes
You fell for me and I fell for you

Eli steps forward and starts his guitar solo. Camera focuses on him during his solo. As the solo ends, Eli steps back and Armond steps forward again. When it is time for Armond to sing again, the stage lighting turns back to white colors again, recreating the usual silver glittery stage theme. On the either edge of the stage, two huge pyrotechnical volcanoes erupt and start bursting out sparks. The band performs their last part of the song.

I fell for you
I fell for you
I fell for you

I fell for you
I fell for you
I fell for you
I fell for you

The band members raise their left fist up as the song ends and audience starts cheering. ''Thank you! Rock on!'' Armond says before the bands leave the stage - it is now time for the eighth act of the night from Teesdexxia...

Britonisea
Powerbroker

08 | Let's get those feet moving in Sports City

Postby Britonisea » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:15 am

08 TEESDEXXIA
Lena De La Reina - "Haunting"

Trigramme: TDX
Music: Lena De La Reina
Lyrics: L. Reina
Tune: Lana Del Rey - Young and Beautiful

Britonisea
Powerbroker

08 | Teesdexxia | Lena De La Reina - Haunting

Postby Britonisea » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:24 am

The stage is covered in a low cloud of smoke, starting pitch black, a pillar of light appears on the LED screen as Lena walks down from the back of the stage. The camera focusing on her face and upper body as she sings the first verse.

I’ve lived my life,
Got it all,
Presents of gold now,
Precious gems, magnificent,
And dazzling me now.
Cold winter days, large foyers,
With you and I drive around the bay,
The stolen dreams, city gleams,
Unsure of whether we’d even stay.

As the chorus begins the layered silhouettes of an orchestra and it's conductor appears on the LED and starts to play backed by bright white light emanating from the same pillar.

Will you stand with me,
When the troubles are large and daunting,
Will you stand with me,
When all the words are rude and taunting,
I hope you can,
I hope you can,
I hope that you can.
Will you stand with me when everything is haunting.

In the second verse, the pillar dims somewhat and the coloured orbs, seemingly like gemstones, appear on some of the silhouettes in time with the music, where about the persons chest pocket would be.

I’ve lived my life,
Toss a coin,
Take a chance now,
Channelling movie stars on first glance now.
Long summer days, burning sun,
And all the cares, we had none,
And I would think, you’re the one,
Your touch made my heart weigh a tonne.

Going into the chorus, the pillar brightens again, revealing more larger yet dimmer and more "distant" feeling silhouettes of orchestra players. With the camera panning between them, Lena and wide shots from the audience.

Will you stand with me,
When the troubles are large and daunting,
Will you stand with me,
I hope you can,
I hope you can,
I hope that you can.

In the bridge, the pillar turns a deep red colour, causing the smoke to have a red hue, with this, a sole bright spotlight falls onto Lena from across the arena, and she sings up to it.

Dear Lord, when I leave this plane,
Please let him be safe,
And if he happens to leave before me,
Please allow me no chafe.
Oh his wonder, oh his love,
Oh this grace from up above,
He’s my time, he makes me move forever onwards.

Into the chorus, the pillar of light turns white again, but the light behind the rows of silhouettes stays a fuzzy red. Rows of lights also span out into the audience. As the music fades out, the colour starts to drain from the LED and the lights dim with the camera solely focusing on Lena herself, who delivers the last lines looking straight into the camera, and closes her eyes for the last words.

Will you stand with me,
When the troubles we face are large and daunting,
Will you stand with me,
I hope you can,
I hope you can,
I hope that you can.
Will you stand with me when the troubles are large and daunting.

Lena thanks the audience for their hospitality, holding her palm to her chest, she then waves and makes her exit. The audience applauded loudly for that performance. The cameras cut to the Greenroom...
Last edited by Britonisea on Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Intermission: The Unchosen Men (Part 1)

Postby Britonisea » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:27 am

Last edited by Britonisea on Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Natanya and Cleaca

Postby Britonisea » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:48 am

We are now in the Greenroom with Diane sitting with Natanya's act...
Diane Lewis-Stephens: So I have the Natanyan act with me currently, Ester! Right, so you've got to tell me about your name because it's come to my attention that this is only your stage name and not your real name? What's going on!?

Ester: Hahaha, yes. Ester Nihil is my stage name, it's a pun actually, in Latin. It comes from the phrase Nihil Est, which means "Nothing there". So I thought "Ester is a name" so switched them round and changed Est to Ester and viola, there's the name. The reason I actually chose it is because, to be honest, it sounded cool and edgy, and I do a lot of Dark Pop and music with that kinda vibe to it so, I went with it

Diane Lewis-Stephens: What is your song about? I love it, by the way - a real contender. Please tell me more!

Ester: Oh wow, thank you. Yeah, the song is about the end of a relationship that you've been holding onto for too long, it's basically a plea and an order in one, directed at the other half, saying that we've tried, but there's nothing left, so I have to leave, and you have to let me go, whether you like it or not. I'll be painful, but it's best to leave and not take anything with you and just move on, and that's what happens.

We then head off to Cleaca's act who is sitting near the Natanyan act...
Diane Lewis-Stephens: Thank you Ester! Right! Now we are going to the Cleacan act. I will speak to you Arnold, from the group...

RamRod - hi! I just wanted to ask you a question! You guys are from Togonistan but you are representing Cleaca? Please tell me how that one came about?"

Armond: 'What kind of question even is that? Cleaca is Togonistan, we are RamRod and we will represent whichever entity we bloody want to! Whoo!'

Diane rolls her eyes to the camera before looking back at them and asking another question...
Diane Lewis-Stephens: You guys started off as a country music act right? What y'all did today wasn't country music! Why did you guys change your genre then?

Armond: Listen here darling, no one wanted country music back in the days. You could say that we were ahead of our times. What people wanted was simple, hardcore rock and roll. Timeless classic. And we were there to provide it.

Diane gets up walks away...
Diane Lewis-Stephens: Thanks Arnold! It's now time for some more music, I say!
Last edited by Britonisea on Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

09 | Let's chop some wood in Boscombard!

Postby Britonisea » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:50 am

09 AMUAPLYE
Andrew Porter - Dance!

Trigramme: AME
Music: Andrew Porter
Lyrics: Andrew Porter
Tune: Simarik - Tarkan

Postcard Music

The next nation to perform is the nation of Amuaplye who is rather new to the World Hit Festival, with them opting for a fun and upbeat entry, which involves “Britonisea” inside the name. They seem as though they want the crowd on their side with this entry. Amuaplye seems to be represented by Andrew Porter who looks as though he was the only person (well, his girlfriend not included) to fly to Britonisea from his nation as he was the only one who wrote the entry he is about to perform, while also being the Head of Delegation for Amuaplye in the World Hit Festival. In what was a rather strange set up, BVC didn’t seem to mind that Amuaplye had only sent a delegation of two to the World Hit Festival - they assumed that this would make things around the back a lot less busy that it already is. Luckily for Andrew though, he gets a delegation space just as large as everyone else with him being able to stretch his legs out during the live show. BVC allowed both Andrew Porter and his girlfriend to be present in the postcard, with them receiving Anton P. who would take them on a little break in the forest.

In a postcard that is closer to the host city than most other postcards, Andrew Porter and his girlfriend travel to a small city called Boscombard which is located within Kyvian Authority and so, therefore, it’s not further than a stone throw away from the main city Kyvivre. Boscombard, because of it’s location, is home to many, many lush forests - one of which Andrew Porter and his girlfriend went to - Holliers Forest. Anton took them inside the house that he was guarding, with them walking through the house and looking at the things that Anton had inside. He smiled graciously as the pair complimented him. At around 20 seconds, they had reached the outside where there were a load of pieces of wood on the ground with Anton giving them large chainsaws, showing the pair of them how to use it.

After he showed them, he provided the pair of them with protective gear with 30 seconds being the time where they put it on and started to chainsaw the trees that had fallen. Over the next 15 seconds, we saw a montage of them breaking the pieces of wood into tinier pieces which we saw them carry to a campfire. Anton then lit the fire as the couple sat next to each other with Anton to the side. The camera slowly zoomed away as they started to get cosy with each other, laughing the night away...The audience came in with a cheer with Amuaplye’s nation name being shown on the screens.

It was the turn of Andrew Porter to successfully take his nation to the top of the scoreboard. Could he do it? Let’s find out...

Britonisea
Powerbroker

09 | Amuaplye | Andrew Porter - Dance!

Postby Britonisea » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:55 am

Tune for Amuaplye

Andrew Porter.

The stadium lights up, as on a tall podium, stands a DJ, who starts the song. Porter comes out 11 seconds after the song begins, with a group of people carrying the flags of every country participating in the song. Porter heads to the microphone, as the flag carriers stand on the perimeter of the stage. The camera alternates between looking at Porter, and the flag carriers.

Ladies and gentlemen of the world
Are you willing to dance with us tonight?
Here I am on the international stage
Ready to make you dance now

The flag carriers twirl their flags over their heads, and in circles in front of their chests. Porter's girlfriend enters the stage at the 35 second mark, in the gap between the Amuaplyean flag and the Britonish flag. She stands next to Andrew. The camera follows her as she does so.

With a nice beat and a very good rhythm
It might get stuck in your head
However it will make you stand up right now
And dance all night long

Porter and his girlfriend hold hands, and he pulls her closer, as the cameras first pan to show all of the flag carriers, and then focus on Porter and his girlfriend.

Chorus (x2):
Get a couple of friends with you
And follow these simple steps too
Take them by the hands and start to
Dance all day long!

Porter stands away from the microphone, as he starts to dance with her, showing slightly above-average dance skills. He isn't horrible, but he isn't going to win anything because of it. The camera follows the two, as the flag carriers take several steps toward the two.

(x2):
Everyone in Izmedu
Kalosia and Natanya
And Britonisea as well
Should now dance!

The Izmeduan flag carrier takes several steps more, then the Kalosian, the Natanyan, and then the Britonish, in the order they are mentioned in the song. Once the Amuaplyean steps up to them, they hold hands, and spin around the two, following them. The camera captures the 5 flag carriers walking up to them, and then shows a bird's eye view of them spinning around the two.

Ladies and gentlemen of the world
Are you willing to dance with us tonight?
Here I am on the international stage
Ready to make you dance now

His girlfriend and the flag carriers walk away from him, following him as he walks up to the microphone, and shuts off his collar microphone and starts to sing from it at "Here I am on the international stage". The camera continues the bird's eye view of Porter, until he sings that part, where it focuses on him.

With a nice beat and a very good rhythm
It might get stuck in your head
However it will make you stand up right now
And dance all night long

His girlfriend spins around Porter in a clockwise motion, as the flag carriers follow her, going counterclockwise. The camera goes back to a bird's eye view for this.

Chorus (x2):
Get a couple of friends with you
And follow these simple steps too
Take them by the hands and start to
Dance all day long!

The DJ comes down from the podium, the camera following him until he reaches Porter's girlfriend, in which he locks hands with her. Nicholas Morales and Fyodor Petrov (Of Love and War and A Few Men, respectively), also join in, creating a conga line with Porter's girlfriend and the DJ. The camera also follows them, and switches to the bird's eye view after the conga line is created.

(x2):
Everyone in Izmedu
Kalosia and Natanya
And Britonisea as well
Should now dance!

The flag circle is broken, as they all form a single file line, in the order they are mentioned, they then start to leave as the verse is repeated for a 2nd time. The rest of the flag carriers also leave, in alphabetical order, then Morales and Petrov, then the DJ, then Porter's girlfriend, and then Porter himself. It was now time for the tenth performance of the night from Natanya!

Britonisea
Powerbroker

10 | Let's serve in Military City!

Postby Britonisea » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:04 am

10 Natanya
Ester Nihil - "Namelessly"

Trigramme: NTY
Music: Ester Nihil
Lyrics: Ester Nihil
Tune: SENNEK - Endlessly

Postcard Music

Natanya had initially planned to participate at the 46th edition of the World Hit Festival which was the orchestral edition. Though, like many nations last edition, going ahead and participating at the World Hit Festival 46 never actually materialised. With that being said, BVC tried their hardest to get in contact with the Natanyan broadcaster to ask them to participate at the 47th World Hit Festival - the edition BVC wanted to be the biggest since the infamous World Hit Festival Semi-Finals. Natanya agreed to participate, much to the delight of the team at BVC. The last time Natanya participated at the World Hit Festival, they actually came 6th place with 17 points - with their eyes set on first place this time around and they could make it! They will be sending the song “Namelessly”, with Ester carrying the weight of her nation on her shoulders. Luckily for Ester, however, her broadcaster picked postcard number 29 with her getting tough man Marco L. to take her through her paces before getting on the World Hit Festival stage….

-WIP POSTCARD-

Britonisea
Powerbroker

10 | Natanya | Ester Nihil - Namelessly

Postby Britonisea » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:07 am

Ester takes to the stage, stand dead set in the centre. The stage is dapped in darkness as the song beings, a sole dim spotlight shines down onto Ester. As she sings each line, two lights from stage to roof, on the symmetrical positions opposite each other on the stage, light up.

As I leave this time,
I leave it without a dime,
Faithfully,
Painfully.
Forget about this crime,
Help me stop this pantomime,
Faithfully,
Painfully.

As the backing singer's join Ester for the refrain, all draped in black suits and hanging back to the sides of the stage, more lights appear, however these ones criss-cross each other in random angles across the stage.

There’s nothing to feel now, save all your spiel now,
Now we’re just a you and me, namelessly,
So forget about this crime,
Help me stop this pantomime, painfully.

As the first short instrumental break occurs, the lights slowly pan out with the camera, with more appearing, some in shades of pink. As rising hues of pink starts to appear from the bottom of the LED screens as well. (The shades of pink being similar to that used on the album cover and lyric video). During the verse the camera pans around the audience at various levels of zoom.

We try and try and try but there’s nothing, nothing,
All that’s left is empty longing, longing,
We were meant to be fawning and falling,
But all we’re doing is prolonging.

In the pre-chorus, the camera zooms on Ester who sings directly into the camera, and the camera gradually lifts until she is out of frame, Ester reaching in the direction of the camera as it move away.

So I, I’ll leave this place,
And I, I’ll leave without a trace.

Once again the camera pans around the stage with Ester walking along side the front of the stage, the LED has a hue from pink to purple to black, showing different patterns interjected with short videos in this colour scheme, usually of general city environments, occasionally featuring Ester herself.

As I leave this time,
Faithfully,
Painfully.
Forget about this crime,
Faithfully,
Painfully.

Forget about this crime,

At the second short instrumental break, all the moving and criss-crossing light start to line up with which part of the stage is directly in front of them, creating clean lines of spotlights. They flash with the 3 beats beat and as the vocals come back in the start to spread back out into the audience.

Time after time after time we stall harder and harder,
We should we stoke the fire, -ire,
We’re no longer fawning and falling,
So I’ll stop this prolonging.

During the pre-chorus, the lights one by one move left to right, creating a wave effect along the rows.

So I, I’ll leave this place,
And I, I’ll leave without a trace.

During the beginning of the chorus the light's all suddenly disappear a the camera focuses on Ester, with the build after the first line, silver pyrotechnic sparks momentarily erupt from the edge of the stage, afterwards the lights return, now criss-crossed again, and the chorus continues one like before.

As I leave this time,
Faithfully,
Painfully.
Forget about this crime,
Faithfully,
Painfully.

Forget about this crime,
Namelessly.

During the outro, the lights and the LED's gradually fade out towards the centre of the stage, until there is once again only a sole, now pink, spotlight on Ester, whom is looking back up at it. After the song ends Ester thanks the audience and bows before walking away.
Last edited by Britonisea on Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates