NATION

PASSWORD

Princess Henriette's Birthday Ball IC

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Kuronami
Minister
 
Posts: 3005
Founded: Nov 04, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kuronami » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:21 pm

Aurreliae wrote:"Those are great news. After all I'm sure we both lead powerful nations who'd benefit from knowing each other. And I agree, we shall discuss the details after the party ends, at a date suitable to both of us. Until then, let's enjoy the party and maybe learn about each others' nations, and more importantly, I'd assume, let's secure relations with the Grand Duchy, and celebrate Her Highnesses' 18th birthday." He said smiling.


"You and I are truly on each other's wave lengths" taking a glass of a beverage herself she toasted to a new friendship "To our Empires and to our new relations with each other and with The Grand Duchy of Vals Hyrserd. And to our hostess the Princess who has made this possible. "

User avatar
Kwatemalija
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 7
Founded: Jul 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwatemalija » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:19 pm

On the Road to the Prinzenbucht National Museum

In their limousine, Laurien van der Klis and Florentijn Maris van 's Gravesand uit Parra relax from the upholstery of their seats and glance out their windows to sight the passing view of this new foreign country. Laurien is wearing a pear-styled dress, coated in dark blue and revealing her smooth-skinned left shoulder, and her blond hair arranged in a bun with a bang. Florentijn possesses a black tuxedo with a bow-tie hanging on the collar of his white unwrinkled shirt, uncaring about his long dirty-blond hair. Along with their nonchalant expressions, they look as though they were photogenic models themselves. Getting out of the limousine and linking arms together, a few people outside the building gave out an astonished visage.

"Finally, we're here," Laurien groaned in Kwatemalijaans.

"At least we're not too late," Florentijn replied, without a worry on his face.

"Why couldn't you get your other pilot to go on. We wouldn't have to be this late, you know."

"I told you he's about to go on leave in Kesmegen. What, you want me to call him off to fly us here and not let him see his family?"

Laurien could only sigh.

"Come on, let's head in."

They continued their saunter towards the Museum, pacing themselves like how a typical rich or noble couple would do it. As they entered the doors, they turned their heads about the lobby before motioning towards the Princess to be greeted.

"Oh, she's pretty," Laurien whispered, her face lightened up.

"I know," Florentijn nodded.

User avatar
Aurreliae
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: Mar 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurreliae » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:54 am

Kuronami wrote:
"You and I are truly on each other's wave lengths" taking a glass of a beverage herself she toasted to a new friendship "To our Empires and to our new relations with each other and with The Grand Duchy of Vals Hyrserd. And to our hostess the Princess who has made this possible. "


"To Her Highness." He said before drinking from his glass. "Come to think of it, where is your Empire roughly located?" He asked slightly curiously.

User avatar
Kuronami
Minister
 
Posts: 3005
Founded: Nov 04, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kuronami » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:02 pm

Aurreliae wrote:To Her Highness." He said before drinking from his glass. "Come to think of it, where is your Empire roughly located?" He asked slightly curiously.


"We're in Southern Greater Dienstad. Specifically we occupy the Southern continent of Meridio sharing a land border on our northern end. We also occupy areas of the greater Southern Seas."

User avatar
Aurreliae
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: Mar 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurreliae » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:15 pm

Kuronami wrote:
"We're in Southern Greater Dienstad. Specifically we occupy the Southern continent of Meridio sharing a land border on our northern end. We also occupy areas of the greater Southern Seas."


"Uncharted lands for me I'm afraid. Aurelia's in the Mediterranean, sharing land borders with most of Europe's nations, and the North African and Middle Eastern ones. We do have some colonies in the Americas and Asia."

User avatar
Vals Hyrserd
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 48
Founded: Jul 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Vals Hyrserd » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:10 am

Parina wrote:
“I have two older brothers,” Minerva confessed to Henriette. “Both of them acquired commissions in the Royal Army. They were useful for scaring boys away, but not party planning.” Minerva laughed. “Sisters are much more useful.” She smiled, thinking about Edward and Henry and the last time they had all been together. They had been granted some leave time to return home after the short conflict with neighboring Mount Zeon, and they’d regaled her and her father with tales of waiting tensely for an enemy attack across the border that never came. She was glad that neither of them had been assigned to one of the units that had actually seen combat, even if they both lamented missing out on a chance to prove themselves as leaders of their men.

“Your Royal Highness,” the Margrave said deferentially to the Grand Duke when he was introduced. “It is an honor to meet you. I also bring greetings from His Majesty, the King of Parina, who hopes that our two nations might use this occasion to build strong ties of friendship and good favor. And this is my daughter, Minerva,” he said with a gesture towards the young woman, who curtsied to the Grand Duke.

With the rest of the guests, the Margrave and his daughter made their way into the large hall.


"That's funny, I always wondered what it would be like to have a brother. Don't get me wrong, I love my sisters, but sisterhood has its ups and downs" Henriette said, hoping to comfort Minvera, who seemed to be in away in thoughts.

His Royal Highness Antoine II responded with a hearty smile. He was normally not the so expressive, but today, he was especially happy. "Thank His Majesty for his greetings and thank you for coming and bringing your charming daughter with you."

Teressien wrote:Wilrun, Baronin von Port Monee.
Grand Duchy of Vals Hyrserd. Foyer of the National Museum.

I did notice, that my directness was maybe a bit confusing to the young Count, but I had made the decision to be direct and open to him, so I would stick with him.
I nodded.
"Indeed, I do... I'm quite famous for it. To the point, that there are quite a few guests of state, who spent the evening at my soirees.", I said with a smile, "I even coined the term 'Soireediplomatie', which means soiree diplomacy." I let a beat pass. "What about you?"


The Count thought it strange that Wilrun thought it necessarily to translate the word, not only because he knew German, but because they were practically the same word. However, he didn't let that bother him and replied: "Since I moved to the city, I am often invited so gatherings, large and small. As the Grand Duke has three daughters, I am often in the Palace, if only to even out the numbers. This occasion is special though. The Princess Henriette is such a sweet girl."

User avatar
Teressien
Envoy
 
Posts: 240
Founded: Mar 13, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Teressien » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:26 am

Vals Hyrserd wrote:[...]

The Count thought it strange that Wilrun thought it necessarily to translate the word, not only because he knew German, but because they were practically the same word. However, he didn't let that bother him and replied: "Since I moved to the city, I am often invited so gatherings, large and small. As the Grand Duke has three daughters, I am often in the Palace, if only to even out the numbers. This occasion is special though. The Princess Henriette is such a sweet girl."


Wilrun, Baronin von Port Monee.
Grand Duchy of Vals Hyrserd. Foyer of the National Museum.

I smiled and nodded.
"Indeed, one can see the kindness in her heart with her every mode.", I replied, "And it is her big day... or evening, rather." I let a beat pass, glancing at the young man from the side. "And it's a bit evening for the Grand Duchy as well, I would presume. Despite us being here to celebrate the adulthood of a young woman, I am quite sure, that quite a few people came here with more... businesslike purposes. There's nothing wrong with that, too."
I looked at him with a crooked smile.
"So, Count, what do you do aside from 'evening the numbers', as you put it?", I asked.

User avatar
Kuronami
Minister
 
Posts: 3005
Founded: Nov 04, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kuronami » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:58 am

Aurreliae wrote:"Uncharted lands for me I'm afraid. Aurelia's in the Mediterranean, sharing land borders with most of Europe's nations, and the North African and Middle Eastern ones. We do have some colonies in the Americas and Asia."


Setting her glass down she gave a smile "Than I must have you as a guest in my country soon. Be it formal or informal I'd be more than happy to have you as a guest of the Imperial Crown that is me."

Fine lost in the world of politics and business of that, she didn't realize Carpathia wandered off from her side. The politics was more the thing of her sister and older brother more than her, plus what could she add. Fine would be fine without her for a short while so she took the time to walk the floor but she was so young, kind of the odd duck here. Happy as she was to spend time with her sister, just wished it didn't have to be at a state gala.

User avatar
Aurreliae
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: Mar 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurreliae » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:03 pm

Max smiled back. "I would be honored to visit your Empire, and I'd be more than happy to return the favour, and show you the vast lands of Aurelia." He finished his glass and set it down, then looked around. "It seems there aren't as many people of our age around here."

He then looked around with a slightly worried face. "Your sister's gone. I don't doubt that she may be able to take care of herself, but it's a big place with many people so I'm sure it'd be easy to get lost."

User avatar
Kuronami
Minister
 
Posts: 3005
Founded: Nov 04, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kuronami » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:11 pm

Aurreliae wrote:Max smiled back. "I would be honored to visit your Empire, and I'd be more than happy to return the favour, and show you the vast lands of Aurelia." He finished his glass and set it down, then looked around. "It seems there aren't as many people of our age around here."

He then looked around with a slightly worried face. "Your sister's gone. I don't doubt that she may be able to take care of herself, but it's a big place with many people so I'm sure it'd be easy to get lost."


"I'd be delighted to pay a visit to your Empire as well. We'll make this happen in good time." She did notice Carpathia wandered off "Oh, yes she did wander. No matter, she'll be just fine I'm sure. Afraid I might have bored the poor girl a bit getting caught up but she's always full of energy. To be 14 yet again."

User avatar
Aurreliae
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: Mar 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurreliae » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:38 am

Kuronami wrote:
"I'd be delighted to pay a visit to your Empire as well. We'll make this happen in good time." She did notice Carpathia wandered off "Oh, yes she did wander. No matter, she'll be just fine I'm sure. Afraid I might have bored the poor girl a bit getting caught up but she's always full of energy. To be 14 yet again."


"I agree, much easier a life without having to worry about leading a nation. Come to think of it, your Empire does have a Parliament or something similar, right?"

User avatar
Vals Hyrserd
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 48
Founded: Jul 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Vals Hyrserd » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:51 pm

Draycora wrote:Grand Duchy of Vals Hyrserd. At the National Museum.
-- The Häkkinen Couple

A white limousine drove in front of the museum. The headlights were graced with the white-turquoise crossed flag of a distant nation: the Principality of Draycora. Inside the limousine sat two young but influential figures. The young man, just 27, was named Nyyrikki Häkkinen and bore the title of "Prince of Draycora". In the history of the country he was the youngest prince so far, at 23 he was elected to office. In Draycora, the head of state, the prince, is elected directly by the people, while retaining office and title for the rest of his life. After the death of the old prince, a new one is elected. The only requirement for a candidature is that a person has a doctorate in a humanities science. Nyyrikki had been a prodigy in his childhood and youth. At age fourteen he began his studies at the university in five subjects: philosophy, history, linguistics, political science and economics. He had a doctorate in the first subject at the age of twenty-two years.
Next to him, lying first in his arms, but now straightening up, was his wife, Lady Mhaire. This marriage is three years old and took place when the prince was already in office. But they had already met at the university before. She was nineteen and he was eighteen. She studied in the second semester (musicology and philosophy) and he was already in his master's program.

The couple's driver opened the door of the limousine so the two nobles can get out. The prince went ahead and shook hands with his loved one to help her get out. Arm in arm, they walked toward the building.
"A ball in a museum," said Lady Mhaire. "That's something new, too".
"That's right," the prince answered, talking in both Finnish. "There was no such thing on all the balls I and we were in. I like such idiosyncrasies and unusual things, they promise an exciting evening".
"Well, it's the birthday of a little princess, I think that promises some peculiarities and unusual things that we can expect," the lady smiled. "Although you could say we should not be surprised anymore".
The prince also began to smile. He knew what his wife meant.

Balls, soirees and dinner parties are something he often visited. They are typical for the Elvish educational bourgeoisie. Since he became prince, he often met with the heads of state of the world and was therefore often invited in festivals in foreign countries. This was one of the benefits of his job: many celebrations and galas, many trips and financial security for the rest of his life. Of course he had to dedicate himself to the Principality for the rest of his life, but Nyyrikki loved his position. The celebrations and societies were wonderful and he learned a variety of customs and cultures. But this also caused inconvenience. As once in the Epistocratic Confederation of Sophistan, where he had landed on a nudist and swinger Soiree. This fear he did not have at this ball.

The couple entered the museum building. You would probably notice, because her face was wrapped in a typical, elven opulence. The prince wore a dark blue, baroque tailcoat, which glittered in the light of the house. His blond, long hair was tied in a drooping ponytail. In his left hand he held a golden walking stick, the handle of which represented a red bead. He used it to go, although he did not need a walker.
Lady Mhaire was wrapped in a burgundy evening gown, which was opened at the lower side according to Elvish custom, so that one could see her leg. Her auburn hair fell open over her free shoulders.
The couple entered the ballroom now.


As the others had just entered the ballroom, the newly arrived couple were ushered from the foyer into the large hall. Their unusual mode of dress immediately caught the attention of their hosts. While the Grand Duke recognized the Prince of Draycora, some of the others didn't and wondered if an international Rock Star had been invited. Normally Henriette would have welcomed her guest, but she was in the middle of a conversation, so her mother stepped into the gap. "Let me welcome you on behalf of my daughter to the ball. How was your trip?" the Grand Duchess said after she approached the pair.

Kwatemalija wrote:On the Road to the Prinzenbucht National Museum

In their limousine, Laurien van der Klis and Florentijn Maris van 's Gravesand uit Parra relax from the upholstery of their seats and glance out their windows to sight the passing view of this new foreign country. Laurien is wearing a pear-styled dress, coated in dark blue and revealing her smooth-skinned left shoulder, and her blond hair arranged in a bun with a bang. Florentijn possesses a black tuxedo with a bow-tie hanging on the collar of his white unwrinkled shirt, uncaring about his long dirty-blond hair. Along with their nonchalant expressions, they look as though they were photogenic models themselves. Getting out of the limousine and linking arms together, a few people outside the building gave out an astonished visage.

"Finally, we're here," Laurien groaned in Kwatemalijaans.

"At least we're not too late," Florentijn replied, without a worry on his face.

"Why couldn't you get your other pilot to go on. We wouldn't have to be this late, you know."

"I told you he's about to go on leave in Kesmegen. What, you want me to call him off to fly us here and not let him see his family?"

Laurien could only sigh.

"Come on, let's head in."

They continued their saunter towards the Museum, pacing themselves like how a typical rich or noble couple would do it. As they entered the doors, they turned their heads about the lobby before motioning towards the Princess to be greeted.

"Oh, she's pretty," Laurien whispered, her face lightened up.

"I know," Florentijn nodded.


It was only after the arrival of the second pair, that Henriette noticed all the new comers and promptly excused herself to greet them. Seeing her mother was already speaking with the rulers of Draycora, she approached the delegation from Kwatemalija. "Welcome, welcome. We are just getting started, please grab a drink and join us. How was your trip?"

User avatar
Vals Hyrserd
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 48
Founded: Jul 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Vals Hyrserd » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:09 pm

Teressien wrote:
Wilrun, Baronin von Port Monee.
Grand Duchy of Vals Hyrserd. Foyer of the National Museum.

I smiled and nodded.
"Indeed, one can see the kindness in her heart with her every mode.", I replied, "And it is her big day... or evening, rather." I let a beat pass, glancing at the young man from the side. "And it's a bit evening for the Grand Duchy as well, I would presume. Despite us being here to celebrate the adulthood of a young woman, I am quite sure, that quite a few people came here with more... businesslike purposes. There's nothing wrong with that, too."
I looked at him with a crooked smile.
"So, Count, what do you do aside from 'evening the numbers', as you put it?", I asked.


The Count couldn't quite figure out the meaning of Wilrun's facial expressions and although he suspected that her compliments for his cousin were simple flattery, he felt that it was working.

As a gentleman he of course disapproved of giving business too much importance, however Peter smiled and simply stated: "For me, is this occasion purely social." When the baroness asked about what else he did, he was pleased, like most people to discuss his most favorite topic. "I am on most days a helicopter pilot, Vals Hyrserd has large regions of wilderness, and it is a very useful way to get around. My time off duty is spent either here in the capital or in my estate in Eisenthal." Looking into Wilrun's sparklingly eyes as he spoke, he smiled warmly. After he had finished he asked her about her interests outside of Soiréediplomatie.
Last edited by Vals Hyrserd on Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Teressien
Envoy
 
Posts: 240
Founded: Mar 13, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Teressien » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:50 am

Vals Hyrserd wrote:The Count couldn't quite figure out the meaning of Wilrun's facial expressions and although he suspected that her compliments for his cousin were simple flattery, he felt that it was working.

As a gentleman he of course disapproved of giving business too much importance, however Peter smiled and simply stated: "For me, is this occasion purely social." When the baroness asked about what else he did, he was pleased, like most people to discuss his most favorite topic. "I am on most days a helicopter pilot, Vals Hyrserd has large regions of wilderness, and it is a very useful way to get around. My time off duty is spent either here in the capital or in my estate in Eisenthal." Looking into Wilrun's sparklingly eyes as he spoke, he smiled warmly. After he had finished he asked her about her interests outside of Soiréediplomatie.


Wilrun, Baronin von Port Monee.
Grand Duchy of Vals Hyrserd. Foyer of the National Museum.

I smiled at his inquiry.
"I am the ruler of a small Baronate in Teressien, the Baronate of Port Monee.", I explained, "And I have a small marine shipping company, the Port Monee Merchant Navy Company." I knew, that those were jobs, but being a helicopter pilot was a bit of a job, too, especially in what sounded like Mountain Rescue or Wilderness Protection. "Aside from that, I am quite proficient at the piano and am an avid reader of science fiction novels." I shrugged lightly. "The concept of what might be out there fascinates me, to be honest."
Last edited by Teressien on Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kuronami
Minister
 
Posts: 3005
Founded: Nov 04, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kuronami » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:16 am

Aurreliae wrote:"I agree, much easier a life without having to worry about leading a nation. Come to think of it, your Empire does have a Parliament or something similar, right?"


She nodded "You know your stuff. We do indeed have a parliamentary chamber. We call it The National Assembly and it's where most laws and policies are made. All Domains of the Empire also have their own assemblies as well."

User avatar
Aurreliae
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: Mar 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurreliae » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:09 am

Kuronami wrote:She nodded "You know your stuff. We do indeed have a parliamentary chamber. We call it The National Assembly and it's where most laws and policies are made. All Domains of the Empire also have their own assemblies as well."


He smiled. "We have the Senate, which has a similar role as your National Assembly. Our colonies, though, do not enjoy such liberties." He looked slightly to the side as he said that, then he looked at her. "By the by, do you happen to have any liking of the art of equitation?"

User avatar
Kuronami
Minister
 
Posts: 3005
Founded: Nov 04, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kuronami » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:27 am

Aurreliae wrote:He smiled. "We have the Senate, which has a similar role as your National Assembly. Our colonies, though, do not enjoy such liberties." He looked slightly to the side as he said that, then he looked at her. "By the by, do you happen to have any liking of the art of equitation?"


"Mmm" She nodded again learning more about his own Empire. Moving onto the question "I do like horses, but I'm not a very skilled rider or anything. To be honest my brother and father are much more the riders of the family. Pretty rare I get to enjoy it myself."

User avatar
Aurreliae
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: Mar 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurreliae » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:35 am

Kuronami wrote:"Mmm" She nodded again learning more about his own Empire. Moving onto the question "I do like horses, but I'm not a very skilled rider or anything. To be honest my brother and father are much more the riders of the family. Pretty rare I get to enjoy it myself."


"Oh." He said. "I think it figures. I've been trained to ride since I was 5 or 6, since it is required for the Emperor to be able to ride a horse in battle. By now this is just a tradition, but we do host tournaments and reenactments of medieval and ancient battles."

User avatar
Parina
Envoy
 
Posts: 215
Founded: Dec 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:43 pm

Vals Hyrserd wrote:"That's funny, I always wondered what it would be like to have a brother. Don't get me wrong, I love my sisters, but sisterhood has its ups and downs" Henriette said, hoping to comfort Minvera, who seemed to be in away in thoughts.

“So does having brothers,” Minerva said with a laugh. “Especially older ones. I imagine it must be nice to have someone who knows what it’s like to grow up.” Her brothers were always willing to lend a sympathetic ear, but their life experiences were different and there were some things Minerva had never felt comfortable talking about with them.

“I hope you have a wonderful party, and congratulations again,” she said as the Princess made her excuses and went to greet other guests. Minerva looked to where her father was standing, still talking with the Grand Duke. She decided to take some time and see what the museum had to offer a visitor from a foreign land.

Vals Hyrserd wrote:His Royal Highness Antoine II responded with a hearty smile. He was normally not the so expressive, but today, he was especially happy. "Thank His Majesty for his greetings and thank you for coming and bringing your charming daughter with you."

“Your Majesty is too kind,” John Cloves said. “I understand that the Princess Henriette is in a cadet program at university?” The Margrave of Brittingham had been intrigued by this note in the small briefing prepared by his staff prior to his departure for Vals Hyrserd. Parinan universities were generally seen as places for those without interest in military service, or who had already received their commissions. The military academies which were granted the power to grant commissions to young officers also took responsibility for their schooling in matters beyond the battlefield.

Kuronami wrote:Fine lost in the world of politics and business of that, she didn't realize Carpathia wandered off from her side. The politics was more the thing of her sister and older brother more than her, plus what could she add. Fine would be fine without her for a short while so she took the time to walk the floor but she was so young, kind of the odd duck here. Happy as she was to spend time with her sister, just wished it didn't have to be at a state gala.

Minerva walked around the main hall of the museum, looking at the specimens of fish hanging from the ceiling. Brittingham included a piece of the Parinan coastline, but the traffic of ships in and out of Port Royale had long since driven most fish away to calmer waters elsewhere. She had little knowledge of water creatures beyond an idea of which ones she enjoyed eating and some of the names of species she had seen in private aquariums in the estates of other aristocrats. As she walked around, she saw another girl doing the same thing. She looked to be a few years younger than Minerva, and the Margrave’s daughter recognized the aimless stroll from dozens of formal affairs where the adults had quickly gotten deep into Important Conversation with each other.

Minerva decided to introduce herself and strike up a conversation. She hoped the younger girl wouldn’t be scared off by someone older than her trying to talk – she remembered how it felt to be that age. But her father was always insisting that she make connections, especially with those of the future generations of nobility and rulers. “You never know who will remember you from a ball when they’re sitting on a throne,” he had said on several occasions.

“Hello,” Minerva said to Carpathia when she was close. “I’m Minerva.” She wondered how formal to make this introduction, or how much information to throw at the girl at once. She decided to keep things simple for now. “I’m from Parina.” If the girl wanted more than that, then Minerva decided to let her ask for it. “What do you think of the museum?”

User avatar
Vals Hyrserd
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 48
Founded: Jul 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Vals Hyrserd » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:22 am

Teressien wrote:
Wilrun, Baronin von Port Monee.
Grand Duchy of Vals Hyrserd. Foyer of the National Museum.

I smiled at his inquiry.
"I am the ruler of a small Baronate in Teressien, the Baronate of Port Monee.", I explained, "And I have a small marine shipping company, the Port Monee Merchant Navy Company." I knew, that those were jobs, but being a helicopter pilot was a bit of a job, too, especially in what sounded like Mountain Rescue or Wilderness Protection. "Aside from that, I am quite proficient at the piano and am an avid reader of science fiction novels." I shrugged lightly. "The concept of what might be out there fascinates me, to be honest."


When Wilrun said that she ruled Port Monee and owned a shipping company, Peter's impression of her was changed and his idea of baroness was expanded. He had assumed that she was just the daughter of a baron and a wealthy socialite. His realization made him curious about this different type of baroness.

"I used to read novels when I was younger, I just don't seem to find the time these days" he said with a hint of regret, before asking with sincerity: "How do you manage it with all your responsibilities?"

Parina wrote:
“Your Majesty is too kind,” John Cloves said. “I understand that the Princess Henriette is in a cadet program at university?” The Margrave of Brittingham had been intrigued by this note in the small briefing prepared by his staff prior to his departure for Vals Hyrserd. Parinan universities were generally seen as places for those without interest in military service, or who had already received their commissions. The military academies which were granted the power to grant commissions to young officers also took responsibility for their schooling in matters beyond the battlefield.


The Grand Duke detected a hint of curiosity in the Margrave's question so he decided to elaborate on the program in his response. "Yes, she has just started. As you may know it is traditional in our family for the men to train for military service, but these are modern times and she wanted to follow this tradition. Of course, in my time I trained directly at a military academy, but because we have such a small military, we train most of our officers in a joint education program with the university, we were inspired from other nations that use a similar program to train officers for their reserve. We decided this program is best for Princess Henriette, because there is more women on campus and she will be able to get a university degree thus prepare her better for an unpredictable future. That is with a broader education, she will have more options."

The Grand Duke was obviously proud as he talked about his daughter. "What about Lady Minerva? Does she already have plans to study?" he inquired.

User avatar
Draycora
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 178
Founded: Apr 26, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Draycora » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:35 am

Grand Duchy of Vals Hyrserd. At the National Museum.
-- The Häkkinen Couple


Vals Hyrserd wrote:As the others had just entered the ballroom, the newly arrived couple were ushered from the foyer into the large hall. Their unusual mode of dress immediately caught the attention of their hosts. While the Grand Duke recognized the Prince of Draycora, some of the others didn't and wondered if an international Rock Star had been invited. Normally Henriette would have welcomed her guest, but she was in the middle of a conversation, so her mother stepped into the gap. "Let me welcome you on behalf of my daughter to the ball. How was your trip?" the Grand Duchess said after she approached the pair.


"Ah, a beautiful evening, your Royal Highness", said the prince as the Duchess approached, bowing slightly. He spoke in the local language, which he mastered very well, but he could not hide his Finnish accent. "The journey was very pleasant, thanks for asking. Your realm is really a very gallant and aesthetic . How is the health of you and the Grand Duke?".
The lady also bowed. "I am glad to meet you, Grand Duchess, I hope we are not too late".
Last edited by Draycora on Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kuronami
Minister
 
Posts: 3005
Founded: Nov 04, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kuronami » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:38 am

Aurreliae wrote:"Oh." He said. "I think it figures. I've been trained to ride since I was 5 or 6, since it is required for the Emperor to be able to ride a horse in battle. By now this is just a tradition, but we do host tournaments and reenactments of medieval and ancient battles."


"Sounds quite fun if I do say so. Something I'd imagine many of my family would enjoy but most of all my father and brother. As I mentioned they're the real equestrians of the family while the most of us simply admire from afar. I did learn to ride pretty young myself but never really stuck with it."

Parina wrote:“Hello,” Minerva said to Carpathia when she was close. “I’m Minerva.” She wondered how formal to make this introduction, or how much information to throw at the girl at once. She decided to keep things simple for now. “I’m from Parina.” If the girl wanted more than that, then Minerva decided to let her ask for it. “What do you think of the museum?”



Holding the trim of her dress in her hands as she moved about the floor, Carpathia took time to admire the museum exhibits on display. Honestly this probably was one of the best venues to hold a party in, odd as it was, it sure did make things entertaining. Another woman approached her, introducing herself and where she was from.

"Pleasure to meet you, Minerva, I'm Carpathia from Kuronami. As a matter of fact I was just taking time to admire some of what the museum shows. Pretty nice stuff so far if I must say so. What about you, anything interesting you've seen that maybe I've missed?"

User avatar
Aurreliae
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: Mar 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurreliae » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:14 pm

Kuronami wrote:
"Sounds quite fun if I do say so. Something I'd imagine many of my family would enjoy but most of all my father and brother. As I mentioned they're the real equestrians of the family while the most of us simply admire from afar. I did learn to ride pretty young myself but never really stuck with it.""


"Yeah it is. Should we go check on your sister?" He asked.

User avatar
Vals Hyrserd
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 48
Founded: Jul 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Vals Hyrserd » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:19 pm

Draycora wrote:Grand Duchy of Vals Hyrserd. At the National Museum.
-- The Häkkinen Couple




"Ah, a beautiful evening, your Royal Highness", said the prince as the Duchess approached, bowing slightly. He spoke in the local language, which he mastered very well, but he could not hide his Finnish accent. "The journey was very pleasant, thanks for asking. Your realm is really a very gallant and aesthetic . How is the health of you and the Grand Duke?".
The lady also bowed. "I am glad to meet you, Grand Duchess, I hope we are not too late".


Victoria was confused at how a place could be gallant, but she took it as a compliment. "Thank you" she said with a smile. "The Grand Duke is in perfect health, as am I" Then she reassured the Princess, "No we have just started, you are hardly late at all, we haven't even started dancing yet."

User avatar
Teressien
Envoy
 
Posts: 240
Founded: Mar 13, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Teressien » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:45 am

Vals Hyrserd wrote:
Teressien wrote:
Wilrun, Baronin von Port Monee.
Grand Duchy of Vals Hyrserd. Foyer of the National Museum.

I smiled at his inquiry.
"I am the ruler of a small Baronate in Teressien, the Baronate of Port Monee.", I explained, "And I have a small marine shipping company, the Port Monee Merchant Navy Company." I knew, that those were jobs, but being a helicopter pilot was a bit of a job, too, especially in what sounded like Mountain Rescue or Wilderness Protection. "Aside from that, I am quite proficient at the piano and am an avid reader of science fiction novels." I shrugged lightly. "The concept of what might be out there fascinates me, to be honest."


When Wilrun said that she ruled Port Monee and owned a shipping company, Peter's impression of her was changed and his idea of baroness was expanded. He had assumed that she was just the daughter of a baron and a wealthy socialite. His realization made him curious about this different type of baroness.

"I used to read novels when I was younger, I just don't seem to find the time these days" he said with a hint of regret, before asking with sincerity: "How do you manage it with all your responsibilities?"

Parina wrote:
“Your Majesty is too kind,” John Cloves said. “I understand that the Princess Henriette is in a cadet program at university?” The Margrave of Brittingham had been intrigued by this note in the small briefing prepared by his staff prior to his departure for Vals Hyrserd. Parinan universities were generally seen as places for those without interest in military service, or who had already received their commissions. The military academies which were granted the power to grant commissions to young officers also took responsibility for their schooling in matters beyond the battlefield.


The Grand Duke detected a hint of curiosity in the Margrave's question so he decided to elaborate on the program in his response. "Yes, she has just started. As you may know it is traditional in our family for the men to train for military service, but these are modern times and she wanted to follow this tradition. Of course, in my time I trained directly at a military academy, but because we have such a small military, we train most of our officers in a joint education program with the university, we were inspired from other nations that use a similar program to train officers for their reserve. We decided this program is best for Princess Henriette, because there is more women on campus and she will be able to get a university degree thus prepare her better for an unpredictable future. That is with a broader education, she will have more options."

The Grand Duke was obviously proud as he talked about his daughter. "What about Lady Minerva? Does she already have plans to study?" he inquired.


Wilrun, Baronin von Port Monee.
Grand Duchy of Vals Hyrserd.

I smiled.
"Time management.", I said with a smile, "That, and competent people around me. Especially the latter is a huge help, otherwise, I would not be able to see my desk under mountains of paperwork." I ginned at that. "When I was still a kid, technically a Baroness already, but not ruling yet, my Mother took me to my late Father's office and had it prepared: All of his direct legworkers, from his secretary to his First Minister, had assembled all of their paperwork on the desk, and only the stuff they received that morning and was not too pressing. I've seen libraries with less paper in them." I giggled at the punchline. "Mother wanted to make the point, that legworkers are important, but competent legworkers in the right places are even more so."
I let a beat pass.
"That, and I mostly read in the evening, as good-night-literature.", I added, then shrugged lightly, "That's usually not an advantage, if a book is exciting."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Almurta, Llalta

Advertisement

Remove ads