NATION

PASSWORD

Aeiavision (IC) CLOSED RP AEIA ONLY

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Navack
Envoy

Founded: Mar 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Aeiavision (IC) CLOSED RP AEIA ONLY

Postby Navack » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:31 pm

Welcome to Aeiavision Song Contest 2019 held at the National Theater, in Berke, Navack!

For the first time the City of Colors will host the biggest event of Aeian music entertainment! With a population of 3,1 million people, Berke is the most capital and the most populous city of Navack. From the rise of the Elvevakt Festning to the proclamation of the republic in 1921, Berke survived wars and crises, seeing kings and presidents rising and falling from power. The city is an everlasting hub for the Navish culture. Berke is cut by two of the most important rivers in the history of Navack: the Rød and the Blått rivers. Such natural trait allowed the city to develop itself into three big regions, which are Gylnebyen, Blåby, and Rødhalvøy. The industrial personnel, as well as the earliest factories of the nation, found themselves a good place to settle in the south of the Blått river, thus establishing the Blåby zone. To the north, rich business men and important figures enjoy their lives in one of the best regions to live of Navack in Gylnebyen. However, all sorts of people once segregated meet in a common ground: Rødhalvøy. All the main buildings and historical locations are located in the Red Peninsula, a place where Gold and Blue meet to form a unified and colorful city of cultures.

Know the city:
The Whalberg International Airport is the second busiest airport in all Lhedwin. For the ones arriving by plane, follow the signs to the Airport Metro Station. At the station, wait for the eastbound train in the red line. The final station is the Rødkysten Stadion. The National Theater is a smaller venue owned by the Stadium. If needed, an information desk can be found at the entrance of the Airport station. Maps can also be found on the information desk or on the MetroBerke app. If bus service is needed, the southbound train of the cyan line will take you to the Berke Bus Terminal Station. From there, the best bus to take is the 210 Terminal-Republic Square. For alternative routes, take 313 Terminal-Friendship Bridge, 215 Terminal-City Hall then 236 City Hall-Republic Square. Because of the event, the MetroBerke will disponibilize extra service, vehicles, and times of operation. If someone gets lost, each bus stop counts with electronic maps of the lines. The information number for public transportation assistance is +64 0800 12.

The event is expected to begin at 21:00 10th June and to end at 03:00 11th. The doors into the concert hall will open at 18:00. Voting will commence after all participating artists have performed, which has usually been at 23:00 - 00:00. After the end of the event, you will have a chance to meet the artists at the lane to the press conference, as they will be stopping in the open lounge in the Arena. There will be information booths, first aid stations and police squads set up at the most frequented areas.

All tickets for the event have been sold out prior to the 10th. It is not advised to come to the event without a ticket, as non-shows will be few for this type of event. Although refreshments will be sold the entire time from 21:00 to 03:00, you are encouraged to bring your own food and drinks as sale supplies may deplete at any time. Note that none of the planned after-event parties are hosted by official Aeiavision or Navish organizations. Entry into the official press conferences taking place both prior and after the event are by invite only. Please refrain from any inappropriate activities throughout the time Aeiavision is active, or you may be liable to removal from the gathering and a fine imposed according to Navish law. Due to the nature of this contest, be aware that political activities are heavily discouraged.

If you are still interested in Berke after the contest, please visit http://www.berke.gov.nv for further information, hotels, sights and places to visit.

We wish you a good contest and may the best win the 2019 Aeiavision Song Contest!

Navack
Envoy

Founded: Mar 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Navack » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:59 pm

Silence in the Theater...

The lights fade off as the crowd slowly shuts. In the middle of a dark stage, a soft eletric guitar riff starts playing. As the guitar keeps on playing, its possible to here some random shouts from the crowd. Whistles, "woo-hoo's", and unaudiable shouts and sayings in Vrnallian. The guitar stops its lonely riff, as the crowd cheers. Native Navish drums start playing, as the crowd recognizes the tune incoming. The light slowly illuminates the stage, showing the Nomads of Summer, 2018 Aeiavision champions, ready to play one of their most famous songs: Crystals. The Navish crowd yelled and cheered, as well as the present Lhedwinic fans, in special the Andish present in the Theater.

This time, the band was wearing full on purple clothes, this year's color theme. Their performance gets the whole venue on their feet, dancing and applauding the current champions. At the end of the song, the band walks to the front of the stage, take a bow to the crowd and leave, except for the lead singer, Agusta Leonardsdottir. At that moment, the NINK TV presenter Finn Hansen walks in the stage with a microphone on his hand. "Good Niiiiiiight, Aeia!" the crowd responds with shouts, applauses, and whistles "It's so good to be back, but this time presenting this contest from here, our home! Its a pleasure to be here today by the side of our last year champion, Agusta, who will be hosting the 2019 Aeiavision Song Contest with me!."

"And I cannot say how honored I am, Finn, for being here this year after all we lived last time, all the emotion and all those strong feelings, you know? It's good to be back home and it is good to have all of you here, tonight, ready to have some good fun with us and all the songs and contestors!"

"And not to show off or anything, Agusta, but this year we have amazing 20 countries being represented by artists! Tha is going to be grand!"

"Then without further adue, Finn, let's present all of them...

Dayganistan!

Dosceriche!

Brilliania!~

Crylante!

Vidoria!

Aleia!

Vrnallia!

Juznia!

Cuirpthe!

The Mawusi!

Qal'eh!

Isolaprugna!

Hytekia

and Navack (Ostry)!
"

The cheering resumes, and instead of silencing itself it becomes even louder as the first artist comes into sight, starting the contest.
Last edited by Navack on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lopimina
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Lopimina » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:33 am

Live TV Commentary, Livars Matisons and Rita Zunda, HTV 1

Rita: "What a beautiful performance from last year's winners, the song remains as mesmerising at it was last year, and I just can't get over their purple outfits! A perfect choice for this year's event."
Livars: "A good choice indeed, Rita, but it's time for our viewers at home to tune into one of their very own, Hytekia will be performing first! Here is Jurika Sietniece with her song "Atgriešanās"!"

The commentary quietened, the lights of the National Theatre in Berke dimmed as lavish purple strobe lights began to envelop the stage. Sietniece stood alone on an elevated pedestal that had by now been illuminated by a bright purple light beaming from the top of the Theatre, she was wearing an all purple dress with an eye-catching golden brooch. She wore a purple hat with a loose black fishnet mask over her face and began slowly moving the microphone towards her face to begin her performance. A paced snare played in the background as a dark figure stood over a keyboard behind her pedestal, who was playing a sombre tune to introduce the song. Background dancers began a sort of graceful, broken ballet dance.

"Kad mēs nonākam secībā
Un mēs ēdam mūsu jauniešus
Paliek kluss un joprojām pieticīgs
Kad šķembas ir bojātas
Un viņi nevar jums palīdzēt
Vai jūs lūdzaties ar acīm, kas aizvērtas dabiski"

The light shone directly onto Sietniece herself as the rest of the Theatre was enshrouded by darkness, she looked up to the camera and emphatically began singing her chorus. The lights returned to the stage and the crowd begins cheering.

"Sekojiet man nekur
Austi ar vislielāko rūpību"

The dancers continued their ballet-esque dance, and Sietniece calmed her voice back down to a sombre tone.

"Ja es esmu zaudējis, lūdzu, neatradiet mani
Ja es lēkšu ļaut man izlietnē
Mēs nācām no neviena
Ar ac"

"Kad man ir auksts, turiet mani
Neaizturiet mani
Kad es izvēlos atpūsties manas acis, pierunājiet mani
Neaizmirstiet mani
Kad man ir auksts, turiet mani
Neaizturiet mani
Kad es izvēlos atpūsties manas acis, pierunājiet mani
Neaizmirstiet mani"

The buildup began again, and Sietniece again began singing her chorus to the drop, a background of a cold cemetary appeared on the screen behind the stage.

"Sekojiet man nekur
Austi ar vislielāko rūpību"

"Vai viņi tevi iztīra ar hlorīdu
Un skrubis aiz ceļiem
Vai jūsu ķermenis ir bijis vējš"

English lyrics

Sietniece looked down at the floor, and lowered her microphone, looking visibly out-of-breath, she stands again and says "Thank you Berke! Hitekija tevi mīl!"

Livars: "Wow! What a wonderful performance from one of our very own. And she's only twenty!"
Rita: "Kudos to that, Livars. Jurika has done this country proud."
Livars: "Moving on, it's time for the second performance of tonight's event!"

Brilinako
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Brilinako » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:28 pm

Live commentary, IrraPub 1

The first entry of the night from Juznia. Jurika set a high bar for the competition already, while we're just getting started!
The random draw from last week has put us in the second position, meaning we're performing next.
Last night, during the jury performance, our representatives had an excellent performance, hopefully they'll repeat their success.

Time to introduce REKIN. They're a 5-member band, specialized in the post-hardcore genre. They're a very new band and the members met in a restaurant in Angyalok. Their entry was submitted to Kanta as a last-minute entry, and managed to win the competition with 126 points in a close competition. Their song, Az ő megszállottsága, deals with a recent but increasing issue in Brillian society - obsessive love. Most of the song is in Newreyan, however, parts are in Iparinan.
As always, Chirper feeds are open, use the hashtags #TaldeRekin and #02BRL.

(commentary ends)
The graphic appears on screen, followed by loud applause and the lights descending on the stage.
The song.
The staging is a typical band staging, with the lead singer in front and the instrument players to the back of the singer. On the smaller stage, the woman from the music video stands. The background is similar to the music video.
Truth collides with the ease of ignoring but flattery is not her game.
If you wanna turn the tides of the storm that’s approaching, just tell her everything’s ok.
You’ve got a warning, it’s the glint in her eye
So take her by the hands and hold them tight
This moment determines the rest of your miserable life.

Truth is irrelevant, when you couldn’t care less about the consequences
It’s just the sentiment that bites you in the throat when confronted with a loaded gun.
Meet in a quiet room fit for only two, it’s been a while so how about it right on cue
Shed the light on everything that’s not right, in the broad daylight.

During the refrain, the background changes to a city skyline.Several shots of the girl, being distressed, appear in the background.
Egy nő életét tönkreteszed, csak magadért.
Két méter alatt, ok nélkül.
A lábad a sírjában van, ki tudod venni?
Ne hagyd, hogy pusztuljon, csak magadnak.

The background reverts to the scene from the first verse, but darker.
Take a hint won’t you, can’t you really see what a lie is good for
Your feigning’s out of date, no one’s gonna take your honest hand.
You’ve got a warning, it’s the glint in her eye
So take her by the hands and hold them tight.
This moment determines the rest of your miserable life.

Truth is irrelevant, when you couldn’t care less about the consequences.
It’s just the sentiment that bites you in the throat when confronted with a loaded gun.

Once again, the background changes to a city landscape.

The guitarist comes standing next to the singer, followed by pyrotechnics and a guitar solo.

Egy lyukat ásott, nem tudta elrejteni.
Ideális esetben kérlek bocsánatot, de fasz, ő már elment.

The song ends and the band members salute the crowd. The singer lowers his microphone and says the following: "Thank you everybody, köszönom szépen!"

(commentary results)
Our national pride from Angyalok, REKIN! What an excellent performance!
Time to go on to the next entry!
Last edited by Brilinako on Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Republic of Saint Cyriaca: come for the beaches and stay to register your boat, website and offshore company
A Nyunsu: Calls for impeachment of President Shuttleworth increase after statement calling for "preventing a generation of tomboys and tomgirls" - Krinskin man arrested at airport after discovery of bag filled with cocaine labeled "bag filled with cocaine" - NU merges with ruling WSE party

Ostry
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ostry » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:58 am

Live TV Commentary, NINK
Fredrik Hoyland: "This is turning out to be an energetic Aeiavision, isn't it Anny?"
Anny Weberg: "It is, Fredrik! And up next seems to be home-grown talent straight from Hudenholm, Tóra Halworssen!"
Fredrik: "Tóra's is the first Navish Aeiavision contestant not from the mainland, I believe. She grew up in Ostry."
Anny: "Of course."
Fredrik: "Without further ado, here is Tóra Halworssen with "Sorry to my dearest mother"!"

All lights in the National Theatre dimmed excluding two pointed to the centre of the stage, where they shone a soft blue glow on a grand piano, with Tóra Halworssen already seated in position. Despite being covered mainly by the piano, it was clear she was dressed in semi-formal clothing, with a deep crimson dress and her brown hair wore down. The stage remained relatively bare as Tóra hit the first few notes of the song.

"I’ve walked these streets for years it seems,
Memorized each single brick on my feet,
And looking up I sometimes feel this city shines like jewellery.
But every day I come back to this,
That thought that I’ve done something wrong,
That thought that maybe I should finally call and stop writing this song."

The lights brightened slightly as she entered the chorus, before dimming once again.

"Am I sorry to my dearest mother?
Sorry that I can’t be there.
Sorry that she struggles knowing every day that I’m not there.
Sorry to my stone-faced father,
Sorry that he’s left alone.
Sorry that he never left like he said he would years ago."

"Ooo." (x3)

"I ran away from my life,
With my family by my side,
Saying that there was more for me then I would ever understood.
But now it seems I left my heart,
In a place I never thought,
And now I’m here wondering what I left, my family cheering along the way."

As the intensity slightly mounted, the lighting switched from the soft blue to a searing white, bathing the stage.

"And so I’m sorry to my dearest mother.
Sorry that I can’t be there.
Sorry that she struggles knowing every day that I’m not there.
Sorry to my stone-faced father,
Sorry that he’s left alone.
Sorry that he never left like he said he would years ago."

Entering the bridge, Tóra remained tense, hitting the keys with force and persistence.

"And I’ll still love you.
I’ll still love you.
I’ll still love you.
But there’s nothing there for me." (x2)

Suddenly, one of the lights changed again, this time from white to a dark blue, as Tóra switched from Newreyan to her native Ostric, a language that most watching probably didn't even knew existed, much less heard. The force placed on the piano continued.

"Bòdôj bë mòją zëmniãtą tatczëznã,
Bòdôj bë jich łãki, roztoki,
Ale nié mògą wostac w môlù, chtëren nigdë nié òdwróczi jegò nãdzi.
Bòdôj mòich przëcélã, mòją rodzëznã,
Bòdôj, òstawiłem ce sómegò,
Nié chcełem sprôwic të bólu, przëkro më, że jô jem terôzkù sóm."

Tóra began to ease on the piano, as the lights, once searing, returned to their dim glow.

"Ë eszczi ce kòcham,
Eszczi ce kòcham,
Eszczi ce kòcham,
Ale nick dlô jô nié mô." (x2)

As the song trailed off and ended, Tóra stood up and bowed. "Thank you, dzãkujã!", she said smiling, before leaving off stage.

Anny: "Wow, that was great!"
Fredrick: "Definitely different from those that came before. Think Navack could take home Aeiavision twice consecutively?"
Anny: "Very much so!"
Fredrick: "Regardless, forward we go to the next performance!"

Vrnallia
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 24, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vrnallia » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:53 pm

Live Commentary, VRTV 1
Gielaras Jrinóh: "Always nice to see a fellow islander perform, isn't it, Sima?
Sima Mej: "Indeed, and we have an even more fellow islander up next, as it's our own Godóg Movo, from Dvrieska, Vrnallia!"
Jrinóh: "The song is Mugúk, which is about a relationship or something."
Mej: "She'll be the first Vrnallian of foreign background to represent the country here, though that foreign background is quite distant as I understand."
Jrinóh: "Here we go. As voted for by the Vrnallian public, here is Godóg Movo with Mugúk, performing now."

The stage remains largely in darkness as a piano is played. A shrill, rising note accompanies rising lights as the true intro of the song begins. Godóg Movo stands at the fore of the stage, her overlong black dress billowing around her feet. Her dark hair, bound low with a ribbon coloured red and yellow like her homeland's flag, shone slightly as the instruments calmed, the spotlights focussed on her, and she began to sing.

Honi hrezij jizi và
Pzahuthula?
Paziám mizón, tha mugukhiéjg
No thozacia zì lazied
Diždiej vrduta ’n khied

The buzz of the guitar begins again as the song leads into the refrain. The lights dim somewhat, and the stage is lit by a gentle purple.

Tha nej mekíh?
Tha nej mekíh?
Tha nej mekíh?
Honi mej lutho vovunla?
Tha nej mekíh?
Tha brilziák asiu vovùla?

A slight pause before the chorus, and the lights dim to almost nothing again. As the song resumes a burst of light fills the stage, while the screens in the background display a kaleidoscope of patterns.

Tha nej mekíh?
Adlantys
Chintúj bejbóv
Chintúj bejbóv
Tha nej mekíh?
Pziamóv cidóv
Tog honi dacióh gulihod bzia jejn
Mugúk vad
Mugúk vad
Flivák
Mugúk vad
Mugúk vad
Flivák
Mugúk vad

All instruments but the piano and Movo's voice cease as the second verse begins, but the lights remains, now lighting the stage in red and yellow. The screens behind change to show the depondent-looking singer in various places in Dvrieska City, as the overexposed blurs of people pass her by.

Sonúz sováz bmajuldnahúdn nazgad izaš
An ojuzad
Dulbizar s’non
Chìntu hamezeš hora
Vrducha cucud
Tha nej mekíh?
Tha nej mekíh?
Hrezijm-mugukh-hrezij bejbóv
’Ni guli gziazahun
Tha nej mekíh?
Tha nej mekíh?

The last image on the screen is of Movo gazing wistfully from some window, vanishing as the vocals cease and a soft electronic tune plays leading into the final chorus. The lights are subdued, now a dark red, flashing with the beat and returning to a regular white as the chorus begins again.

Tha nej mekíh?
Adlantys
Chintúj bejbóv
Chintúj bejbóv
Tha nej mekíh?
Pziamóv cidóv
Tog honi dacióh gulihod bzia jejn
Mugúk vad
Mugúk vad
Flivák
Mugúk vad
Mugúk vad
Flivák
Mugúk vad

As her final note faded away, Movo Godóg beamed and gave a little bow to the audience. "Thank you all! Ujztarias omgovazan!"

Mej: "Quite different to the preceding songs with that electronic sound to it, don't you think?"
Jrinóh: "Indeed, indeed. But now onto the next performance..."
Last edited by Vrnallia on Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
It's Guakok now. She/her or they/them, pick your favourite.
Economic Left/Right: -9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18
Libertarian Communist
100.0% Equality: Communist
69.2% Peace: Dovish
84.2% Liberty: Libertarian
93.6% Progress: Revolutionary

Return to NationStates