NATION

PASSWORD

Panphobia: The Conspiracy of the Ancient Ones [OOC][TWI]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Roendavar
Envoy

Founded: Dec 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Panphobia: The Conspiracy of the Ancient Ones [OOC][TWI]

Postby Roendavar » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:39 pm

PANPHOBIA: THE CONSPIRACY OF THE ANCIENT ONES
layers upon layers of fear and dread
upon this ancient land shall rear its head
and when the darkness comes with song
of tallied threads of time and tones
there shall be a pain that shall be strong
to tear apart what built by stones
remain in Roendavar's stead
then shall the ancient ones be fed

OOC | IC

Something is lurking deep beneath Roendavar. It has spread its malice throughout the ancient land of the east, and it grows ever more mysterious as each day passes. As the hands of time continue to tick, its grip tightens on the land of the gods, and its influence snakes its way within other countries, continuing its crusade of poison. It is only time before it makes its move, awakened by its hunger, and consume what stand in its way.

PLOT

Peculiar events are happening in Roendavar and it is slowly spreading to other countries. Disappearances and talk of government conspiracy has rocked the nation of Roendavar. Its situation grows dire as each day passes, with each missing person only adding to the slow build of panic in the country. Despite the government's promises, they continue to be silent as the populace demand an answer. With a state of emergency declared and a looming lockdown to be put in place, both the country and the international community are seeking an answer. However, as soon as the international community investigates the cases, they too began to encounter similar events, and everything slowly dawns on everyone that this might not only be in Roendavar, rather, it has spread throughout the countries. It is only time till it can do so much damage, and it is up to the governments to get to the bottom of the conspiracy, one way or another.

Welcome to the thread for Panphobia: The Conspiracy of the Ancient Ones. This will be a mystery and a slightly horror themed RP. It shall still operate within the bounds of reality, however, it is up to the participants how they shall write the events. You can use your imagination and there is no limit as to what your characters can see. A unique thing about this RP is that I will not reveal the full story for now, and it is up to you, the authors, to follow up the events that shall be put forth, and as we slowly build up the RP, certain answers shall be solved.

To explain the plot in a simpler way, strange things are happening throughout Roendavar, and soon with your participation, throughout the Western Isles. The reasons are unknown. Some say the government is involved, some say that something supernatural is involved, and some, believe that there is a much deeper force at play. To tell you now OOC, it is caused by a secret organization/cult that operates in various countries who carry out "missions" using an "unknown substance" that causes hallucinations in order to scare the populace, take over the government, and establish a world order. Of course, your people wouldn't know about that yet.

In order to make how you want to join in easier, you can answer the following questions.

1. Will your government be a part of the events or will they seek out the organization in order to destroy it?
2. Will your populace help your government or are they part of the conspiracy as well?
3. How deep into your government has the organization infiltrated?
4. After the events, will it affect your country in any way?
Last edited by Roendavar on Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
+
qoOop
(===)
"""""
Roendavar, the Emerald of the North
"Oth roenar, oth lumarin!"
Proud Member of The Western Isles

Athara Magarat
Minister

Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:24 am

I think you once mentioned that Magarati shamans could be invited. Something "supernatural" about the forest and stuff.

There is an organization of shamans known as the "Order of Higher Vargas" whose "history" includes their members "banishing witches from Noronica, hunting demons in former Magarati colonies, sealing the gates to other realms in Mount Chuli and stuff like that".

Maybe one of those hikers' friends or families felt this was a "supernatural case" and contacted this organization who send a team of so-called investigators?
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.

Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

Scantarbia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Scantarbia » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:20 am

I'm thinking of Scantarbia deploying their SAD (Special Activity Division) to counter that kind of threat. SAD is a division under SAF that is tasked to investigate any extraordinary events, ranging from the supernatural to extraterrestrial and beyond. They'll be equipped with high-tech instruments that hopefully could pick up such things (EM, Radiation, IR scanner, Multispectral camera, Electronic warfare equipment, scientific testing equipment, etc.) and help their goal to shed light into the event.

Athara Magarat
Minister

Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:40 am

Scantarbia wrote:I'm thinking of Scantarbia deploying their SAD (Special Activity Division) to counter that kind of threat. SAD is a division under SAF that is tasked to investigate any extraordinary events, ranging from the supernatural to extraterrestrial and beyond. They'll be equipped with high-tech instruments that hopefully could pick up such things (EM, Radiation, IR scanner, Multispectral camera, Electronic warfare equipment, scientific testing equipment, etc.) and help their goal to shed light into the event.

You are telling us that your army has a supernatural division?
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.

Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

Scantarbia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Scantarbia » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:14 am

Athara Magarat wrote:You are telling us that your army has a supernatural division?

Well, someone got to investigate these things somehow. It's as classified or even, more classified than the Omega Teams.

So, all sightings of any unknown objects all over Scantarbia are logged, examined and investigated by the SAG. Their goal is to shed light on anything "foreign" to our everyday life.

Return to NationStates