NATION

PASSWORD

A Day Without Crowns (CLOSED-PRIVATE)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

A Day Without Crowns (CLOSED-PRIVATE)

Postby Danceria » Sun May 26, 2019 2:09 pm

Hello and welcome to A Day Without Crowns
This is a private RP between myself and Kyrenaia, but you are very welcome to read along and enjoy!

Megido, Ilkhanate of Megido, Kyrenaia

The sound of lounge music gently wafted through the chatter and clatter of the cafe. It was another busy afternoon near the Megido University, and the cafe bustled with activity. Commuters from the campus, as well as those who stopped by for a quick cuppa before returning home, or before the graveyard shift. Stealthily sequestered in a table near a corner window, was a young man light colored hair and almost silvery-white hair, the remains of a Yansoon tea and a scattering of custard-cream biscuits. The lad stuck out like a sore thumb amidst the dusky complexion of the Kyrenaians, and indeed he was from out of town, and happily conversed with whoever passed him by. Even when the waitress apologized if the man was trying to read his book in peace, a swiftly disarming smile allowed whoever was present to either enjoy their time in peace, or merrily converse on the local happenings. The book in question, Amir Amhas' The Murdered Beggarman, proved to be quite the entertaining read. Normally, the Dancerian man would have devoured the book before the biscuits, but for the sake of enjoying the story, as well as killing time, he took his time and scribbled a few notes in his native Sindarin.

From what the more romantic, or possibly eager to pry some gossip, would discover that yes, he was indeed hoping to meet with a girl on the Swim Team, and that five o'clock sharp would be the appropriate time. Other than that, the man allowed for noncommittal answers. For one thing, it was tired news that people pined for Fara bint-Damir, Princess of Megido. For another, he, being Aceus Elurion, King of Danceria desired to be incognito, and for the most part, he succeeded.

Checking his watch, he smiled. Twenty-five minutes to. Plenty of time to navigate the busy streets to the pool, and plenty more time to change into his swimwear and take a few laps around the university pool. He realized first his disadvantage. Aceus swam mostly for recreation, or to maintain his physique, not competitively. But regardless, he wasn't going to give up that easily.

Hoisting his backpack, and humming a song, he made his way over to the university proper.
Last edited by Danceria on Sun May 26, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Kyrenaia
Senator

Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Sun May 26, 2019 2:52 pm

University of Megido, Main Campus.
The UoM could look back on a history reaching back eleven-and-a-half centuries, to a wise man by the name of al-Hakim, who had founded an institution to teach the Seven Classic Arts of Theology, Law, Medicine, Mathematics, Astronomy, Music and History to young people - and it showed. While most of the buildings were far younger then these eleven and a half centuries, the many campuses of the UoM were all sharing one common decorative feature: A statue of al-Hakim behind the main entrance gate, welcoming student, teacher and visitor and alike.
The Main Campus' one was contemporary of him, a bronze statue of an old man with a long beard, smiling towards the gate like a teacher satisfied to see his class coming in. A plaque by his side, written in Kyrenaian, was quoting him: Those of you, who seek knowledge, turn around - those, who seek wisdom, are welcome.
Behind him, the Main Administrative Building rose, while, if one turned around, one could see the towers, spires and golden cupolas of the Palace of the Ruby Hall rise over the city, glistering around a kilometre away (as the bird flew, the way was a bit longer, if one walked).
There were quite a few signs leading the way to Swimming Hall 1. While the Universities in Kyrenaia were mostly for Kyrenaian or Kyrenaian-Speaking students, they were also prepared to take in students, who did not speak their language, so roadsigns were bilingual.
Swimming Hall 1 was one four Swimming Halls on the Main Campus, the smallest actually, and contained nothing more aside from changing rooms, the pool and a few stands, and was usually only used by one group of students: The Swimmer Team.
Shortly after the Harbour Festival in Sinope, there had been try-outs for the position of Team Captain, which had seen the team not move from the Hall, so that a considerable part of the student body cramped into the smaller hall and watched, how Princess Fara ascended against her friend Alya Eawairae into Captaincy, beating all other competitors, male or female, as the team was co-ed.
Around five o'clock, on training days, there was a bit of traffic on the Main Campus' streets, some of the girls knowing the Yellow Press seeing Aceus, thinking, that they recognized the face, but dismissing the thought quickly. He remained incognito.
At the swimming hall, the story was a different one.
By the entrance, a small group of students stood, maybe four or five, one of them being a young man with white hair, brown eyes and abs as if chiseled out of marble, visible despite his green jacket, which he wore openly, together with a pair of flip-flops and very short swim-trunks in green and white, the colours of the Team.
He had a young woman by his arm, with silvery hair and golden eyes as well as a certain buoyancy, wearing a one-piece swimsuit in the same colours everyone was wearing around here, as well as flip-flops and a rash guard.
The pair was known as Ilia and Aurelia, him being an Archaeologist-in-training, her studying Ancient History. They were a match made in heaven, if one asked their fellow swimmers and those, who knew them...
...and they knew, who Aceus was. Fara had actually told him about them, back in Sinope, as people, who would help him especially because of that.
And as they were, by coincidence, catching a breath of fresh air at the time, they might also be approachable...
RPing in MT and PT.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon May 27, 2019 10:15 am

Outside Swimming Hall 1, University of Megido, Megido

Thankfully, the map and directions proved fruitful. Aceus did not wish to be outed just yet, or worse still, seen as a pervert. While he mused on the words of what Aceus could presume to be al-Hakim, he decided that ultimately seeking love and enjoyment fell under the "wisdom" category, for wisdom could not be taught, but it can be learned. Regardless, the Dancerian smiled at the couple and waved at them. "Evenin'." he greeted calmly. "This is the way to Swimming Hall 1, yeah?"

He vaguely recognized the two from Fara's description, and could tell that they were on the swim team, but didn't wish to assume that they were Ilia and Aurelia. He had acquainted himself with two so far, both of whom were rather jovial people to be around.
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Tue May 28, 2019 12:48 pm

Danceria wrote:
Outside Swimming Hall 1, University of Megido, Megido

Thankfully, the map and directions proved fruitful. Aceus did not wish to be outed just yet, or worse still, seen as a pervert. While he mused on the words of what Aceus could presume to be al-Hakim, he decided that ultimately seeking love and enjoyment fell under the "wisdom" category, for wisdom could not be taught, but it can be learned. Regardless, the Dancerian smiled at the couple and waved at them. "Evenin'." he greeted calmly. "This is the way to Swimming Hall 1, yeah?"

He vaguely recognized the two from Fara's description, and could tell that they were on the swim team, but didn't wish to assume that they were Ilia and Aurelia. He had acquainted himself with two so far, both of whom were rather jovial people to be around.

"Good evening.", Ilia greeted, crossing his arms and rising to his full height of impressive 1.9 metres. "Depends on who is asking."
"Uhm, Ilia?", the buoyancy-girl said to her boyfriend, then whispered something into his ear in Kyrenaian, which confused him, led to a return-inquiry, which led to a hushed explanation.
The young man nodded in the end.
Then he turned back to Aceus: "Well, if it is you, man, and my girlfriend is right..." The young woman at his side smiled and waved. "...then it not only is the way, but this..." He motioned to the Swimming Hall behind him. "...actually is Swimming Hall 1."
He looked Aceus up and down.
"So... you're Fara's boyfriend.", he said and extended his hand, "I am Ilia, that's Aurelia!"
Aurelia bowed her head slightly. "It's a pleasure."
RPing in MT and PT.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue May 28, 2019 5:15 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:"Good evening.", Ilia greeted, crossing his arms and rising to his full height of impressive 1.9 metres. "Depends on who is asking."
"Uhm, Ilia?", the buoyancy-girl said to her boyfriend, then whispered something into his ear in Kyrenaian, which confused him, led to a return-inquiry, which led to a hushed explanation.
The young man nodded in the end.
Then he turned back to Aceus: "Well, if it is you, man, and my girlfriend is right..." The young woman at his side smiled and waved. "...then it not only is the way, but this..." He motioned to the Swimming Hall behind him. "...actually is Swimming Hall 1."
He looked Aceus up and down.
"So... you're Fara's boyfriend.", he said and extended his hand, "I am Ilia, that's Aurelia!"
Aurelia bowed her head slightly. "It's a pleasure."

First, Aceus faded into placid stoicism. Ilia had right to be suspicious, and he hastily made mental preparations for an altercation...until Aurelia tactfully defused the situation. While going incognito had its perks, being at least somewhat known, or expected, served him well this day. It at least prevented him from having a scuffle with a man who was just a hair shy of two bloody meters.

Taking Ilia's hand and shaking it firmly, Aceus's grin beamed in kind. "Pleasure's mine." he answered confidently. "The name's Aceus, Aceus Elurion. Fara said to swing by here after practices...but..." he paused and asked genuinely. "Am I early or am I late?"

He would have to ask how much Fara spoke of Aceus, though it was evident he flushed a little bit with pride and confidence when so casually declared as her boyfriend. As a King, this shouldn't be a big deal...but as a man of which he came as...? His heart was pounding in nervousness.
Obligatory Quotes below

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Wed May 29, 2019 2:25 am

Danceria wrote:First, Aceus faded into placid stoicism. Ilia had right to be suspicious, and he hastily made mental preparations for an altercation...until Aurelia tactfully defused the situation. While going incognito had its perks, being at least somewhat known, or expected, served him well this day. It at least prevented him from having a scuffle with a man who was just a hair shy of two bloody meters.

Taking Ilia's hand and shaking it firmly, Aceus's grin beamed in kind. "Pleasure's mine." he answered confidently. "The name's Aceus, Aceus Elurion. Fara said to swing by here after practices...but..." he paused and asked genuinely. "Am I early or am I late?"

He would have to ask how much Fara spoke of Aceus, though it was evident he flushed a little bit with pride and confidence when so casually declared as her boyfriend. As a King, this shouldn't be a big deal...but as a man of which he came as...? His heart was pounding in nervousness.

Ilia took Aceus' hand in a firm handshake, grinning.
"A bit early. We're doing a small break here while Fara gives an earful to the Reserve and Junior Team.", he explained, "They aren't doing so good right now..."
"Which is a bit of an understatement.", Aurelia agreed with a firm nod. She offered her hand as well, looking Aceus up and down, before resettling on his face. She had to note, Fara had taste. She also noted, that he seemed nervous... she knew, that he was the King of Danceria, he had been in the yellow press often enough, but she also knew, that even Kings and Sultans sometimes need a bit of a timeout. Plus, Fara had told them, that if they ever met him, Aceus was a man like any other and her boyfriend. "So... care to lend them a bit of a hand against Sergeant bint-Dardan by changing into speedos and showing them how it is done or are you a landlubber?"
Ilia had to grin.
RPing in MT and PT.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Wed May 29, 2019 12:34 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:Ilia took Aceus' hand in a firm handshake, grinning.
"A bit early. We're doing a small break here while Fara gives an earful to the Reserve and Junior Team.", he explained, "They aren't doing so good right now..."
"Which is a bit of an understatement.", Aurelia agreed with a firm nod. She offered her hand as well, looking Aceus up and down, before resettling on his face. She had to note, Fara had taste. She also noted, that he seemed nervous... she knew, that he was the King of Danceria, he had been in the yellow press often enough, but she also knew, that even Kings and Sultans sometimes need a bit of a timeout. Plus, Fara had told them, that if they ever met him, Aceus was a man like any other and her boyfriend. "So... care to lend them a bit of a hand against Sergeant bint-Dardan by changing into speedos and showing them how it is done or are you a landlubber?"
Ilia had to grin.

"Oh I mean to test my mettle against the good Captain." Aceus chuckled, now shaking Aurelia's hand. "But I'm not carrying your swimming team. That's on you, Ilia, not me." he jested, knowing full well that the tall Kyrenaian was Fara's leftenant. She knows how to pick 'em Aceus thought to himself, happy that the athletic man had welcomed him. "Of course, one doesn't go to a swimming hall to be a landlubber. Gimme a second and I'll be on the sidelines. Don't stop anything on my account."

He meant the last part, and Aceus knew, that he was a recent part of Fara's life. Swimming was the Princess's passion, and far be it from him to stand between a girl and what she's good at. Not to mention this was a school club activity. Being incognito and disrupting a faculty event didn't go hand in hand. "Lead the way." he hitched his backpack containing his swimmer briefs, some towels, and a few books to pass the time.
Obligatory Quotes below

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Thu May 30, 2019 2:28 am

Danceria wrote:"Oh I mean to test my mettle against the good Captain." Aceus chuckled, now shaking Aurelia's hand. "But I'm not carrying your swimming team. That's on you, Ilia, not me." he jested, knowing full well that the tall Kyrenaian was Fara's leftenant. She knows how to pick 'em Aceus thought to himself, happy that the athletic man had welcomed him. "Of course, one doesn't go to a swimming hall to be a landlubber. Gimme a second and I'll be on the sidelines. Don't stop anything on my account."

He meant the last part, and Aceus knew, that he was a recent part of Fara's life. Swimming was the Princess's passion, and far be it from him to stand between a girl and what she's good at. Not to mention this was a school club activity. Being incognito and disrupting a faculty event didn't go hand in hand. "Lead the way." he hitched his backpack containing his swimmer briefs, some towels, and a few books to pass the time.

Ilia grinned.
"Good man.", he said nodded to Aurelia, "If you would excuse us?"
"Sure, boys, have fun!", the busty swimmer responded, "I'll keep watch out here."
Ilia grinned and kissed his girlfriend, which she smiled to, kissing him back - it was less of a battle of tongues and more of a short raid, the two parting after a few seconds.
With that, Aurelia turned to Aceus and gave him a short bow of her head. "It was a pleasure, Aceus. Give 'er hell!"
Ilia, still grinning, motioned for Aceus to follow him after he said his reply to Aurelia and led him into the Swimming Hall 1. The small main foyer was utilitarian, but a small ticket booth revealed, that on occasion, contests were held here. A large poster to the side revealed the training schedule and the tournament schedule, with one against the Swimmer Team of the University of Fortham being planned in a few days, under their Captain, Kiah Cíochach of the Tribe of Navan.
To the left and to the right, small hallways led to cloakrooms and changing rooms.
Opposite to the entrance, a set of large double doors led to the hall with the pool itself, not down to the installation, but to the stands above. From that room, one could hear very loud verbal motivation, in Kyrenaian, in a voice, that was unmistakeably Fara's.
"Where are you staying, Aceus?", Ilia asked as he led Aceus to the left, men's changing rooms.
RPing in MT and PT.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu May 30, 2019 3:48 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:Ilia grinned.
"Good man.", he said nodded to Aurelia, "If you would excuse us?"
"Sure, boys, have fun!", the busty swimmer responded, "I'll keep watch out here."
Ilia grinned and kissed his girlfriend, which she smiled to, kissing him back - it was less of a battle of tongues and more of a short raid, the two parting after a few seconds.
With that, Aurelia turned to Aceus and gave him a short bow of her head. "It was a pleasure, Aceus. Give 'er hell!"
Ilia, still grinning, motioned for Aceus to follow him after he said his reply to Aurelia and led him into the Swimming Hall 1. The small main foyer was utilitarian, but a small ticket booth revealed, that on occasion, contests were held here. A large poster to the side revealed the training schedule and the tournament schedule, with one against the Swimmer Team of the University of Fortham being planned in a few days, under their Captain, Kiah Cíochach of the Tribe of Navan.
To the left and to the right, small hallways led to cloakrooms and changing rooms.
Opposite to the entrance, a set of large double doors led to the hall with the pool itself, not down to the installation, but to the stands above. From that room, one could hear very loud verbal motivation, in Kyrenaian, in a voice, that was unmistakeably Fara's.
"Where are you staying, Aceus?", Ilia asked as he led Aceus to the left, men's changing rooms.

It was a good thing that Ilia had lead Aceus to the left, for Aceus almost did a double take before entering, doubly worried when he briefly heard Fara’s voice just beyond. Typically in Danceria, Men’s changing rooms (as well as other facilities) were on the right rather than the left. Of course Aceus would snarkily note to himself that since Kyrenaians bathed together in public since they were young, he honestly wouldn’t put it past them to change together.

Onto the couple themselves, Aceus was happy to have received a wonderfully incognito welcome. Some trepidation was had, mostly out of nervousness for being integrated into a new group. Perhaps through Aceus’s lack of athleticism, the team being motivated could find additional confidence. As for Ilia’s question, Aceus responded. “Just a little inn downtown.” he explained, efficiently donning his swimming briefs and placing his belongings in an available locker. “Only planned to stay for a couple days, pop in, say hi, see the sights, sample some of the cuisine…” he smiled. “You stay on campus or live elsewhere in the city?”
Obligatory Quotes below

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Fri May 31, 2019 5:34 am

Danceria wrote:It was a good thing that Ilia had lead Aceus to the left, for Aceus almost did a double take before entering, doubly worried when he briefly heard Fara’s voice just beyond. Typically in Danceria, Men’s changing rooms (as well as other facilities) were on the right rather than the left. Of course Aceus would snarkily note to himself that since Kyrenaians bathed together in public since they were young, he honestly wouldn’t put it past them to change together.

Onto the couple themselves, Aceus was happy to have received a wonderfully incognito welcome. Some trepidation was had, mostly out of nervousness for being integrated into a new group. Perhaps through Aceus’s lack of athleticism, the team being motivated could find additional confidence. As for Ilia’s question, Aceus responded. “Just a little inn downtown.” he explained, efficiently donning his swimming briefs and placing his belongings in an available locker. “Only planned to stay for a couple days, pop in, say hi, see the sights, sample some of the cuisine…” he smiled. “You stay on campus or live elsewhere in the city?”

Ilia noted, that Aceus almost turned left, where the changing rooms for women were - sure, Kyrenaians bathed together, but they did not change together, a little bit of Kyrenaian particularities or, as less culturally-aware people noted, Kyrenaian Weirdness.
Ilia presumed, that Aceus was by now used to it.
Thanks to his girlfriend, he knew, who Aceus was, that he was literally having his back turned to a King as he undressed and redressed in briefs for swimming, but he knew, what inconspicuous meant. He was not that much of an athlete, he could see, but he knew, that appearances could be very much deceiving.
After Aceus' reply, he grinned.
"A bit of both, actually.", he replied, "I am actually from Thenae, which is quite a bit away from here and stay in a dorm here on the campus. Aurelia, however, has a small flat in town and I stay there sometimes." He grinned. "Don't worry, I sleep on the couch." He let a beat pass. "Ready?"
RPing in MT and PT.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri May 31, 2019 8:10 am

Kyrenaia wrote:Ilia noted, that Aceus almost turned left, where the changing rooms for women were - sure, Kyrenaians bathed together, but they did not change together, a little bit of Kyrenaian particularities or, as less culturally-aware people noted, Kyrenaian Weirdness.
Ilia presumed, that Aceus was by now used to it.
Thanks to his girlfriend, he knew, who Aceus was, that he was literally having his back turned to a King as he undressed and redressed in briefs for swimming, but he knew, what inconspicuous meant. He was not that much of an athlete, he could see, but he knew, that appearances could be very much deceiving.
After Aceus' reply, he grinned.
"A bit of both, actually.", he replied, "I am actually from Thenae, which is quite a bit away from here and stay in a dorm here on the campus. Aurelia, however, has a small flat in town and I stay there sometimes." He grinned. "Don't worry, I sleep on the couch." He let a beat pass. "Ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be." Aceus admitted, taking a couple moments to stretch before following Ilia once more. "Lead on, Leftenant!"
Obligatory Quotes below

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:18 pm

Danceria wrote:"Ready as I'll ever be." Aceus admitted, taking a couple moments to stretch before following Ilia once more. "Lead on, Leftenant!"

Ilia nodded.
"Then off we go!", he said and turned to the door leading into the pool-area.
A moment later, the two of them stepped through, into the well air-conditioned pool area. As one could expect, the majority of the room was indeed the pool, Olympic in size, filled with clear water. To two sides, there were stands for observers and onlookers of contests, ten metres away from the pool. The room was well-lit, not in the least due to the glass ceiling above.
To the far side, one could see the rest of the UoM Swimmer Team, in the same mostly white, but also green and black swimsuits, one pieces for the girls, shorts for the boys. And the group, which was under the scrutiny of the Team's Captain stood lined up like the organ pipes, backs to the pool, wet and quite exhausted.
The Captain was, of course, Princess Fara bint-Dardan and she was in Sergeant-Mode, chewing them out.
A bit off stood the full-members and a few young men and women in white one-piece swimsuits, with black sides and red highlights, a small, black cross on the collarbone. Most remarkable about them was a tall blonde, two metres tall at least, her long, blonde hair open and her blue eyes observing Fara and her team closely.
Ilia grinned, then leaned over to Aceus: "There she is... Fara." He pointed to the blonde. "That's Kiah Cíochach of the Tribe of Navan, of the University of Fortham Swimmer Team. We'll be having a contest in a bit against them and we decided, despite our rivalry, to have a bit of a cross-training. Might be a bit of a wrong moment to interrupt..."
Fara's eyes, for a moment, met Aceus and lit up - but then, she turned back to the team and their chewing.
RPing in MT and PT.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:35 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:Ilia nodded.
"Then off we go!", he said and turned to the door leading into the pool-area.
A moment later, the two of them stepped through, into the well air-conditioned pool area. As one could expect, the majority of the room was indeed the pool, Olympic in size, filled with clear water. To two sides, there were stands for observers and onlookers of contests, ten metres away from the pool. The room was well-lit, not in the least due to the glass ceiling above.
To the far side, one could see the rest of the UoM Swimmer Team, in the same mostly white, but also green and black swimsuits, one pieces for the girls, shorts for the boys. And the group, which was under the scrutiny of the Team's Captain stood lined up like the organ pipes, backs to the pool, wet and quite exhausted.
The Captain was, of course, Princess Fara bint-Dardan and she was in Sergeant-Mode, chewing them out.
A bit off stood the full-members and a few young men and women in white one-piece swimsuits, with black sides and red highlights, a small, black cross on the collarbone. Most remarkable about them was a tall blonde, two metres tall at least, her long, blonde hair open and her blue eyes observing Fara and her team closely.
Ilia grinned, then leaned over to Aceus: "There she is... Fara." He pointed to the blonde. "That's Kiah Cíochach of the Tribe of Navan, of the University of Fortham Swimmer Team. We'll be having a contest in a bit against them and we decided, despite our rivalry, to have a bit of a cross-training. Might be a bit of a wrong moment to interrupt..."
Fara's eyes, for a moment, met Aceus and lit up - but then, she turned back to the team and their chewing.

Aceus of course noticed when Fara looked at him, and immediately lit up. It was a good thing that the interaction was so swift, for Aceus didn’t quite know how to respond. Regardless if he wore striking dark blue swimming briefs and matching cap, a somewhat awkward smile didn’t flatter the young man at all. At least she won’t be afraid to tell me exactly what I did wrong… the Dancerian thought bemusedly. “Ya think?” he snarkily asked Ilia, “So, where do the two of us duck safely, I wouldn’t want you to get chewed out-and me by extension.” Aceus concluded with a chuckle.
Obligatory Quotes below

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:24 am

Danceria wrote:Aceus of course noticed when Fara looked at him, and immediately lit up. It was a good thing that the interaction was so swift, for Aceus didn’t quite know how to respond. Regardless if he wore striking dark blue swimming briefs and matching cap, a somewhat awkward smile didn’t flatter the young man at all. At least she won’t be afraid to tell me exactly what I did wrong… the Dancerian thought bemusedly. “Ya think?” he snarkily asked Ilia, “So, where do the two of us duck safely, I wouldn’t want you to get chewed out-and me by extension.” Aceus concluded with a chuckle.

Ilia smiled.
"We move to the bulk of the others, hide in the crowd.", he explained to Aceus with nod towards the bulk of the remainder of the Swimmer Team, which watched both Fara and them. "Come."
Ilia led Aceus along the far side of the pool, walking with self-assurance and not trying to hide, for he knew, that would draw the ire of their Captain especially.
Once with the rest, he exchanged short greetings with some of the lads, nodded to some of the lassies and introduced Aceus in English, and a whisper, as Fara's boyfriend. Understanding nods came.
"More formal introductions later!", Ilia fed Aceus the hope for, indeed, later. Formal introductions were important, after all!
RPing in MT and PT.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:19 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:Ilia smiled.
"We move to the bulk of the others, hide in the crowd.", he explained to Aceus with nod towards the bulk of the remainder of the Swimmer Team, which watched both Fara and them. "Come."
Ilia led Aceus along the far side of the pool, walking with self-assurance and not trying to hide, for he knew, that would draw the ire of their Captain especially.
Once with the rest, he exchanged short greetings with some of the lads, nodded to some of the lassies and introduced Aceus in English, and a whisper, as Fara's boyfriend. Understanding nods came.
"More formal introductions later!", Ilia fed Aceus the hope for, indeed, later. Formal introductions were important, after all!

Aceus of course followed Ilia's lead, his training as a diplomat taught him how to move with poise and purpose no matter the occasion. While a far cry from any dinners with dignitaries, Aceus still knew first impressions were important. To be honest, he was both relieved and proud that he didn't garner too much attention from either Fara nor the rest of the team. He wanted to arrive as a guest, and as just another lad that Ilia dragged along to a swim meet, and be judged solely for his actions and personality, rather than his pedigree or past mistakes.

Aceus of course greeted, somewhat casually in Kyrenaian, or gave small nods. This was Fara's domain, and Aceus knew better than to mess with a woman's work.
Obligatory Quotes below

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:23 am

Danceria wrote:Aceus of course followed Ilia's lead, his training as a diplomat taught him how to move with poise and purpose no matter the occasion. While a far cry from any dinners with dignitaries, Aceus still knew first impressions were important. To be honest, he was both relieved and proud that he didn't garner too much attention from either Fara nor the rest of the team. He wanted to arrive as a guest, and as just another lad that Ilia dragged along to a swim meet, and be judged solely for his actions and personality, rather than his pedigree or past mistakes.

Aceus of course greeted, somewhat casually in Kyrenaian, or gave small nods. This was Fara's domain, and Aceus knew better than to mess with a woman's work.

Some were pleasantly surprised about Aceus speaking Kyenaian to a working point (it was not perfect, but practice would get him there, one day), others to focused onto the Team Captain to give much notice of it.
He made a good impression, Ilia thought. At least he didn't come off as some pervert with a swimsuit fetish - which there were enough of. Better not go into detail as to what happened to them...
In any case, Fara gave the Juniors quite a bit of a dressing-down, before she sighed, then grinned. "Other then that...", she said in Kyrenaian, "...you were okay. Were I the Navy, I would take you!"
There were amused snorts.
"Alright, little fishies... those of you, who want to work on themselves and are still able to, go on. The rest goes for the showers. Shaira, could you please get the others back in again?", Fara asked and one of her girls nodded and went out to fetch Aurelia and the others, which had made a pause outside. Fara looked to Kiah, her eyes meeting Aceus' for but a moment, shining with a special light, before she switched to English to talk to her fellow Team Captain. "I guess, that our methods of teaching the little fishies don't differ that much, eh?"
Kiah nodded. "No, not really. Though I usually yell less.", the Selkie remarked, folding her arms under her chest.
A few moments passed in waiting silence as the rest tickled in or out or decided whether to stay or not.
Fara nodded. "Well, once a Sergeant...", she remarked with a shrug.
RPing in MT and PT.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:35 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:Some were pleasantly surprised about Aceus speaking Kyenaian to a working point (it was not perfect, but practice would get him there, one day), others to focused onto the Team Captain to give much notice of it.
He made a good impression, Ilia thought. At least he didn't come off as some pervert with a swimsuit fetish - which there were enough of. Better not go into detail as to what happened to them...
In any case, Fara gave the Juniors quite a bit of a dressing-down, before she sighed, then grinned. "Other then that...", she said in Kyrenaian, "...you were okay. Were I the Navy, I would take you!"
There were amused snorts.
"Alright, little fishies... those of you, who want to work on themselves and are still able to, go on. The rest goes for the showers. Shaira, could you please get the others back in again?", Fara asked and one of her girls nodded and went out to fetch Aurelia and the others, which had made a pause outside. Fara looked to Kiah, her eyes meeting Aceus' for but a moment, shining with a special light, before she switched to English to talk to her fellow Team Captain. "I guess, that our methods of teaching the little fishies don't differ that much, eh?"
Kiah nodded. "No, not really. Though I usually yell less.", the Selkie remarked, folding her arms under her chest.
A few moments passed in waiting silence as the rest tickled in or out or decided whether to stay or not.
Fara nodded. "Well, once a Sergeant...", she remarked with a shrug.

Aceus of course followed Ilia’s lead. Now was not the time to draw attention to himself, especially not the attention of the Swim Captain. He didn’t want Fara to take it easy on him, or be too distracted, though it was too early to say how much of an effect him being in a swimsuit had on Fara. With either Ilia, or with whatever Kyrenaians remained, he began undertaking warm up stretches, not content to be a mere spectator or bench warmer.
Obligatory Quotes below

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:38 am

Danceria wrote:Aceus of course followed Ilia’s lead. Now was not the time to draw attention to himself, especially not the attention of the Swim Captain. He didn’t want Fara to take it easy on him, or be too distracted, though it was too early to say how much of an effect him being in a swimsuit had on Fara. With either Ilia, or with whatever Kyrenaians remained, he began undertaking warm up stretches, not content to be a mere spectator or bench warmer.

Fara noted with some satisfaction, that some of her people were already doing warm-ups, that many of the little fishies stayed, that quite a few of Kiah's boys and girls stayed and she noted, that Aceus was amongst those doing warm-ups.
Still, after two minutes, everyone was there and she smiled slightly.
"Alright, boys and girls...", she began in English, "Even if none of you learns anything in this after-lesson activity, I want you, especially the girls, to take something with you: Be more assertive." She grinned. "Especially with boys, who you know, that they like you, too, but where both sides are too much of nervous wrecks to do something about that. Yes, Shaira, I am looking at you."
There was a round of giggles and laughs and a blushing young woman, who glanced over to one of Fara's boys.
"Excuse me, Fara...", one of the other girls asked, "...but how to we do that?"
"Simple.", Fara said and shrugged, "You take yourself by the ovaries and do this."
With that, she turned towards Aceus, closed the gap, put her arms around his neck and gave him a kiss. Many things would be said in later years about this kiss, many people would speak about this kiss, but we should leave it at: There was tongue involved.
When it ended, Fara smiled at Aceus: "Hi, there, little fish."
RPing in MT and PT.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:32 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:Fara noted with some satisfaction, that some of her people were already doing warm-ups, that many of the little fishies stayed, that quite a few of Kiah's boys and girls stayed and she noted, that Aceus was amongst those doing warm-ups.
Still, after two minutes, everyone was there and she smiled slightly.
"Alright, boys and girls...", she began in English, "Even if none of you learns anything in this after-lesson activity, I want you, especially the girls, to take something with you: Be more assertive." She grinned. "Especially with boys, who you know, that they like you, too, but where both sides are too much of nervous wrecks to do something about that. Yes, Shaira, I am looking at you."
There was a round of giggles and laughs and a blushing young woman, who glanced over to one of Fara's boys.
"Excuse me, Fara...", one of the other girls asked, "...but how to we do that?"
"Simple.", Fara said and shrugged, "You take yourself by the ovaries and do this."
With that, she turned towards Aceus, closed the gap, put her arms around his neck and gave him a kiss. Many things would be said in later years about this kiss, many people would speak about this kiss, but we should leave it at: There was tongue involved.
When it ended, Fara smiled at Aceus: "Hi, there, little fish."

Of course, being a gentleman, Aceus returned Fara's hospitality in kind, and in equal measure. Though when it ended, a mischievous glimmer emerged in those emerald green eyes, replacing the stoic and polite visage he had earlier. " "Little fish"? Didn't think my breath smelt that bad..." he chuckled. "Though I'm flattered to be held as an example, or to help the good captain out with her lessons." he would blush in slight self-awareness that they did swap spit in front of a whole swimming team. Guess now she really knows what she wants... the Dancerian chuckled. "Though of course, I would like to earn that spot at whatever after-club activity you're planning. Hopefully they'll ignore the fact that you just smooched me and treat me like any other guy Ilia dragged along with him."
Obligatory Quotes below

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:14 am

Danceria wrote:Of course, being a gentleman, Aceus returned Fara's hospitality in kind, and in equal measure. Though when it ended, a mischievous glimmer emerged in those emerald green eyes, replacing the stoic and polite visage he had earlier. " "Little fish"? Didn't think my breath smelt that bad..." he chuckled. "Though I'm flattered to be held as an example, or to help the good captain out with her lessons." he would blush in slight self-awareness that they did swap spit in front of a whole swimming team. Guess now she really knows what she wants... the Dancerian chuckled. "Though of course, I would like to earn that spot at whatever after-club activity you're planning. Hopefully they'll ignore the fact that you just smooched me and treat me like any other guy Ilia dragged along with him."

Fara grinned, then turned to her team.
"Alright, boys and girls... this is my boyfriend, Aceus. You know, what's to do.", she explained, which caused confirmations, with Kiah raising her hand with a puzzled expression. Fara then raised her hand: "Boyfriend Protocol. When a significant other visits, he or she is to be treated as if he or she was a member of the team... in a way, he or she is."
Kiah nodded. "Sounds useful. If he's up for it, that is..." Fara's eyes narrowed. "I mean, he is a bit pudgy!"
Oh, it's so on!, Aurelia thought with a grin.
"Aceus, finish your warm-ups.", Fara commanded, stepping away from Aceus and up to Kiah, narrowing her eyes, "We'll settle this the old fashioned way."
"I look forward to it.", the Selkie said with a grin.
RPing in MT and PT.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:58 am

Kyrenaia wrote:Fara grinned, then turned to her team.
"Alright, boys and girls... this is my boyfriend, Aceus. You know, what's to do.", she explained, which caused confirmations, with Kiah raising her hand with a puzzled expression. Fara then raised her hand: "Boyfriend Protocol. When a significant other visits, he or she is to be treated as if he or she was a member of the team... in a way, he or she is."
Kiah nodded. "Sounds useful. If he's up for it, that is..." Fara's eyes narrowed. "I mean, he is a bit pudgy!"
Oh, it's so on!, Aurelia thought with a grin.
"Aceus, finish your warm-ups.", Fara commanded, stepping away from Aceus and up to Kiah, narrowing her eyes, "We'll settle this the old fashioned way."
"I look forward to it.", the Selkie said with a grin.

"If I may interject," Aceus spoke warmly and approached Fara, hoping to soothe her temperament. "Or rather, remind...Kiah, was it? From the Free Lands?" the Dancerian would pause, then smile disarmingly, a stark contrast to the thinly veiled challenge or boast that would come. "Blue Seals and Arrachts aren't exactly known for being slender, yet they're still terrors in the water. Fara, I'm a big boy, I know how to handle myself around a lady who wants to challenge me. You did say to finish up my warm-ups. What better way than for two visitors to test their mettle against each other? Unless protocol states otherwise."
Last edited by Danceria on Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Obligatory Quotes below

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:37 am

Danceria wrote:"If I may interject," Aceus spoke warmly and approached Fara, hoping to soothe her temperament. "Or rather, remind...Kiah, was it? From the Free Lands?" the Dancerian would pause, then smile disarmingly, a stark contrast to the thinly veiled challenge or boast that would come. "Blue Seals and Arrachts aren't exactly known for being slender, yet they're still terrors in the water. Fara, I'm a big boy, I know how to handle myself around a lady who wants to challenge me. You did say to finish up my warm-ups. What better way than for two visitors to test their mettle against each other? Unless protocol states otherwise."

At her identification as Kiah, from the Free Lands, the blonde nodded.
"That was the idea.", Fara said with a nod, Kiah nodding as well. "You against her and against me. The buoyancy and hydrodynamics should even out, don't you think?"
"That sounds about right.", Kiah agreed. "What's be the winner's price?"
Fara thought for a moment. "A kiss from the looser, the middle place going away scot-free?", she proposed.
"Sounds alright. You almost make me want to throw the match!", Kiah joked, which was met with a hollow smile by Fara. "Anyway..." She turned to Aceus, smiling. "So, what do you say?"
RPing in MT and PT.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:40 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:At her identification as Kiah, from the Free Lands, the blonde nodded.
"That was the idea.", Fara said with a nod, Kiah nodding as well. "You against her and against me. The buoyancy and hydrodynamics should even out, don't you think?"
"That sounds about right.", Kiah agreed. "What's be the winner's price?"
Fara thought for a moment. "A kiss from the looser, the middle place going away scot-free?", she proposed.
"Sounds alright. You almost make me want to throw the match!", Kiah joked, which was met with a hollow smile by Fara. "Anyway..." She turned to Aceus, smiling. "So, what do you say?"

"I say, and pardon the bluntness, put your money where your mouth is!" Aceus beamed confidently as he strode over to where the starting line would presumably be.
Obligatory Quotes below

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:45 am

Danceria wrote:"I say, and pardon the bluntness, put your money where your mouth is!" Aceus beamed confidently as he strode over to where the starting line would presumably be.

"Ha!", Kiah made with a grin, "Let's see about that!"
It didn't take too long after that: Fara, Kiah and Aceus finished their warm-ups, then went to the pool. The rules were one lane per swimmer, meaning a total distance of fifty metres. Fara and Kiah both announced, that they would swim in the style, which they were most uncomfortable with, officially to train said styles.
Unofficially it was to give Aceus a fighting chance and to level the playing field between the two women, for both sucked at one style in particular: Backstroke.
Fara knew, that her boyfriend was already winning major Brownie Points with her team, considering, that he jumped right into the fray. That was good, although the envious looks some of her girls were throwing her did not sit too well with Fara.
Something to address later.
In any case, Ilia and Aurelia mimed the referees, one standing at the starting line to give the start signal, one standing at the pool's other end to see about who finished first, second and third. A second umpire was aiding Aurelia.
As everyone was ready, Ilia called the start and off they went.
Thing was, Aceus was, compared to the two swimmers in their most unlikely style, not half as bad as he could be, holding the pace of the two young women despite his lacking hydrodynamics - who had a blast with the competition, grinning from one ear to the other as they swam. Yells and cheering of encouragement came from the sidelines, mostly from the girls for their respective team leaders, while many of the lads cheered for Aceus, from both teams.
Maybe it was that cheering, maybe it was natural skill, maybe it was both, but in the end, Fara won, shortly followed by Kiah, then Aceus, all within two seconds.
Heaving herself out of the water, Kiah bowed her head to both her competitors. "Congratulations. That one was fun!", she said with a grin, "I would like a rematch in the next few days... but for now, to the victor, the spoils!"
And Fara wanted her spoils!
RPing in MT and PT.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:09 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:"Ha!", Kiah made with a grin, "Let's see about that!"
It didn't take too long after that: Fara, Kiah and Aceus finished their warm-ups, then went to the pool. The rules were one lane per swimmer, meaning a total distance of fifty metres. Fara and Kiah both announced, that they would swim in the style, which they were most uncomfortable with, officially to train said styles.
Unofficially it was to give Aceus a fighting chance and to level the playing field between the two women, for both sucked at one style in particular: Backstroke.
Fara knew, that her boyfriend was already winning major Brownie Points with her team, considering, that he jumped right into the fray. That was good, although the envious looks some of her girls were throwing her did not sit too well with Fara.
Something to address later.
In any case, Ilia and Aurelia mimed the referees, one standing at the starting line to give the start signal, one standing at the pool's other end to see about who finished first, second and third. A second umpire was aiding Aurelia.
As everyone was ready, Ilia called the start and off they went.
Thing was, Aceus was, compared to the two swimmers in their most unlikely style, not half as bad as he could be, holding the pace of the two young women despite his lacking hydrodynamics - who had a blast with the competition, grinning from one ear to the other as they swam. Yells and cheering of encouragement came from the sidelines, mostly from the girls for their respective team leaders, while many of the lads cheered for Aceus, from both teams.
Maybe it was that cheering, maybe it was natural skill, maybe it was both, but in the end, Fara won, shortly followed by Kiah, then Aceus, all within two seconds.
Heaving herself out of the water, Kiah bowed her head to both her competitors. "Congratulations. That one was fun!", she said with a grin, "I would like a rematch in the next few days... but for now, to the victor, the spoils!"
And Fara wanted her spoils!

Aceus was breathing heavily. He knew he didn’t stand a chance against two professional swim captains, but he wouldn’t be Dancerian if he didn’t at least try. Just narrowly clinching third, he steadied his breathing, a giddy, beaming grin plastered on his face. “Ya...ya shouldn’t have gone easy on me…” he insisted. “But thanks...an’ don’t you...don’t you worry about not gettin’ your spoils…” he laughed heartily as he clambered out of the pool. “Damn good show, Fara, Kiah. I’ll get it next time!” the Dancerian vowed. Aceus wanted one day to at least compete with Fara and anyone else on her team in a proper race.
Of course, Fara did get a kiss on the cheek, and a cheeky whisper from Aceus. “That’s just cuz I can, not the actual kiss.” he explained. “If I can’t one up you in the pool, I’ll be sure to return that hell of a welcome...and thensome.”
Obligatory Quotes below

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates