NATION

PASSWORD

The Western Isles Space Station (OOC, TWI Only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Corindia
Minister

Founded: May 29, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Corindia » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:59 pm

Uprea wrote:
Corindia wrote:so you making the module would be retroactive, that's one of the more annoying things about slotting people in. You could still run a news story detailing how it went down, some repairs being made, or it reaching full capacity, but canonically it's already up there.

There's no specific IC thread just for this, it's been done through news posts so far. We could make one if there were some ideas for an arc, or maybe one offs could go in some of the general TWI RP threads.

Ah I see okay thanks for the tip. Well, I will add it to my factbook then. Nevertheless I will set up a supply mission since the last time that happened is probably a while ago.

On another topic, is talk about a moon base or mars base to futuristic? I mean with advancements made in real life, setting up camp on another celestial body is probably not that far away.

Aizcona is right there, it's really just not feasible.
I made this for Corindia's in character space plans, and even that's assuming no delays + funding doesn't get cut. It's still quite optimistic for nations like ours. That said, talking about or planning those bases? Fair game.

Of the People, For the People

Ioudaia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 13, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Ioudaia » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:36 pm

Corindia wrote:
Ioudaia wrote:If Scantarbia's contributions no longer exist IC, Ioudaia can pick them up. The new GDPpc cap has given us some extra buying power.

Ok, I believe Altera picked up the arm from him but you can do panels/dissipators

Right. I'll make a retroactive adjustment to my space agency, and think about future posts. Offhand, probably both the panels and the radiators would probably be installed over time, since the station's power or heat rejection needs grow as more modules are added.

Uprea
Envoy

Founded: Sep 09, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Uprea » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:09 pm

So what is the status on potentially sending a telescope into space? As said before, Uprea could provide the launch vehicle in form of its Pallas Rocket, as well as contribute to the telescope itself.
As everything here is fictional. Statements made do NOT represent my IRL views.

Corindia
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Corindia » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:04 pm

Uprea wrote:So what is the status on potentially sending a telescope into space? As said before, Uprea could provide the launch vehicle in form of its Pallas Rocket, as well as contribute to the telescope itself.

We could do something like this: https://www.space.com/china-hubble-clas ... ce-station
I've noticed that there's not much in the way of celestial telescopes actually operating out of space stations, my assumption (although I can't confirm this) is that there's too many vibrations from the other stuff going on or the orbit would be suboptimal

Uprea
Envoy

Founded: Sep 09, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Uprea » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:51 am

So, attach the planned telescope to the already existing space station? Would that be the plan?
As everything here is fictional. Statements made do NOT represent my IRL views.

Costavozka
Spokesperson

Founded: May 17, 2022
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Costavozka » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:16 pm

Interested. How could I contribute?
|| The Truth of Costavozka: February 29, 2024: MOST RECENT ARTICLE | Islands American Football Association - Costavozkan Corsairs win Isles Bowl against United Partitions Emperors. | Costavozkan Government Refuses to Recognize Lesvan State Under Marshal Iuna Scadi. | Forén-5 set to launch to Port Sagitta on March 3rd, Forén-6 and Forén-7 begin planning. ||

This Nation Does Not Represent My Views and NS Stats are Non-Canon
I'm Probably TWI's Resident Most Frequent F7 User

Corindia
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Corindia » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:57 pm

Costavozka wrote:Interested. How could I contribute?

If the nations still on the map are ok with you having an astronaut sent up or contributing some of the systems then make a newspost or factbook that

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates