NATION

PASSWORD

Gala in the Tropics (Please Sign Up First)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu May 02, 2019 4:09 pm

More of the Imperial Court was arriving. Princes David Obed, Prince Isaiah Davenant, and members of their family. Prince David was a strikingly handsome man with raven hair and an olive tanned face, slim and with an air of swagger about him.

“Look at Prince David strutting, and for what?” said General Unwerth, noting his arrival with contempt. “The man who threw away a kingdom for a whore.”

“He’s a good soldier, though. Not a brilliant one, but a good one,” said General Hagar. At Unwerth’s look, the Butcher of Stonehaven said, “Don’t give me that look, Your Excellency, my dear sir. If he were not, I’d have disgraced him and sent him home.”

“Ah, speaking of good soldiers….” said Colonel Count Falk, nodding.

“That’s General Zaher, the fat swine,” said Colonel Weber.

“You’re new to the West, Colonel,” said Hagar with a faint smile. “That fat swine is one of the best commanders in this hemisphere, and no fool. Ignore his foul cigars. General Zaher!” he exclaimed, approaching. Hagar was a tough looking muscular man, who had pacified the Union and much of the Lesser Diols with his ruthless tactics. “I don’t know if you know me, General Abishai Hagar, and I hope you know these gentlemen--General Unwerth, our Minister of Defense, Count Falk, commander of the Imperial Guard, Admiral esarhaddon, the commander of our naval squadron, and Colonel Weber, who commands our famous 14th Hussars. You are welcome here, sir, it is a pleasure to salute so famous a soldier.” He snapped his fingers, and a slim, naked girl painted with orchids appeared and presented glasses of cognac.

Meanwhile, Princess Desdemona and her best friend, Amelia Hanneghan, had entered the grand hall in the company of the Dowager Queen Rebecca. The Dowager was still relatively young, and because she had a naturally elegant slim figure appeared almost girlish at a distance, though up close delicate crow’s feet and laugh lines appeared.

Both girls were remarkably attractive, their ball gowns baring their arms but the rest hidden by soft folds of blue in one case, red the other, subtly hinting at healthy young curves. Desdemona was an eighteen year old beauty with long brunette hair that flowed to the small of her back. Her five feet ten inch body was slender and curvy and well proportioned. Hazel eyes sparkled at everyone who met her and her face was beautiful with a perky nose, luscious full lips and an angular chin.

Amelia was every bit as gorgeous as her best friend. She was an inch taller than Desdemona with long black hair and green eyes but, other than that, she could have been mistaken for Desdemona’s twin. Their shapes were identical as were the basic contours of their faces. They were both unusually tall for Baran girls.

Not far off, their father, Vice-Admiral Prince Isaiah Davenant, paused to nod a few people he recognized and accepted a glass of champagne.

“They are an fine couple,” considered Parminder while she jabbed at various food items and plopped them unceremoniously on her plate. She was not a chubby woman and still maintained a high metabolism in her early thirties that gave her a healthy appetite and the envious ability not to gain weight regardless of how much she consumed. “A little of this,” Parminder sung quietly to herself, “And a little of th...” Reaching for some tomatoes, and not fully paying attention to her surroundings, Parminder bumped into a woman standing near the buffet tables and grunted out a loud “Oompf” as her plate went crashing to the floor, scattering her tasty prizes across the floor like the poor meatball in that old children’s song she annoyed her mum and dad with as a child.

“Pardon me,” her voice apologetic and her dark cheeks flushed with embarrassment, “I am afraid that I have been terribly clumsy and have interrupted your pleasant evening with an unpleasant intrusion.” Parminder then bowed slightly and continued, “Please forgive my inattentiveness, I am Parminder Raj and if there is anything that I may do to rectify my error, please let me know...”

Several others nearby sprang to life, startled by the noise. Lieutenant Gore and Lieutenant Shadrach hurried to make sure the guest was alright. “I’m sure it’s fine, there are servants for this sort of thing, could happen to anyone,” said Gore pleasantly. “Parminder Raj? Forgive me, madame, I’m not familiar with the title…I am Lieutenant Gore, an officer in the Navy of the Holy Empire…”

A nude young man painted with green lily pads and white flowers knelt and another approached with an upright dust pan and a broom, while a young woman painted with roses and green stems and petals knelt with a small mop. Their expressions were calm. Yet another, a young woman with a long piled braid around her delicate head and a key pattern painted around her bare midriff said, “Excellency, there are many distractions. We have the matter in hand.”

On the move was Captain Royce Rackham in his dark brown army uniform and red beret. He was somewhat handsome. Enough for women to call cute but not very talkative. Rackham sidled up to Sarah Wendt. He was next to her, a hand behind his back and the other holding a glass of beer at his waist while his green eyes studied the crowd. “Madam.” He said simply in greeting without looking at her.

“I was searching for someone else who seemed out of place to bond with. I think I found her.” Rackham said in a low voice then looked at her with a soft smile. He then took his eyes off and went back to looking at the crowd. After taking a sip of beer he turned towards Wendt again and stretched out a hand. “Captain Royce Rackham, 71st Noviteran Hinterlanders.”

“Oh,” said the woman, turning to face him, “I’m Lieutenant-Colonel Sarah Wendt, Intelligence Corps. It’s very nice to meet you, Captain, you come from a famous regiment. And I’m afraid I am a little out of place. Right now, I am attached to Procurements but I’m out of my depth, I do confess it.” she bit into a carrot carved into a peony. “Are there others from your unit attending?”

Elsewhere Folais face lit up to see Geta. “Mister Geta! My man!” He exclaimed happily and rapidly closed the distance to give Geta an embrace. One arm around Geta’s shoulders, he turned to face Giselle who was wondering who this man was. “This is my daughter! Giselle. She’s been living in Heselory working in digital marketing. But she’s moving to Fineberg so we can spend more time together and I’m thrilled! Now that you mention it, yeah she’s going to be applying for graduate school at University of Fineberg.”

“Giselle, meet Minister Hosidius Geta. He’s Minister of Foreign Affairs for New Edom so we see each other a lot.” Folais introduced Giselle then took his arm off Geta.

Giselle stepped forward and extended a hand. “Oh, nice to meet you Mister Geta.” She said warmly in a very good Roman Latin. Her Noviteran accent was very moderate. Folais, being an international man, made sure of that. “Thank you but I don’t know if you could really call me a scholar. I chose an easy major after all.” There was a shyness to her. Giselle was not unfamiliar with being social. In fact, she was normally a very outgoing and confident girl who was well aware of the effect her looks had on others. This was different however, as she was not use to being around so many powerful men and women. Although Geta’s politeness and apparent delight made her relax a bit. “So...Mister Geta, how do you like working with my father? I imagine you two put in many long hours to hammer out deals together.” She said, paying him a high complement in the Noviteran fashion.

“It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Folais,” said Geta, bowing gallantly. He tolerated Folais touching him a few seconds before deftly dodging away to reposition himself.

“Your father is a dedicated public servant, I could not ask for a better partner in negotiations on the matters we have been engaged in,” he replied, glancing at the bigger man a moment before looking back at her. “Marketing! Now that is a subject that has caused a late hour on many occasions. I am sure you have covered the difficulties of marketing across cultures!”

“As for attending graduate studies in New Edom,” he said with evident sincerity, “I think it is a good idea. As you see, New Edom is a very centerpiece for development and new markets, for building new infrastructure and preparing for the future. It fairy dazzles us, to be frank. Where your country has been in a steady increase of technological approaches and innovation for many decades, ours has had a shocking and dazzling ascent of less than a decade. Why, you know, this hotel is a deception….” he lowered his voice looking at her sagely. “In many parts of the Holy Empire, people still live as though it was the 19th Century. The contrast at times makes us all dizzy.”
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Queimada
Secretary

Founded: Jan 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Queimada » Thu May 02, 2019 4:55 pm

Victor Luis, the Mayor of Porto Real, Queimada’s largest city, walked in with the Foreign Minister Aline Carbajal. The Mayor was talking very excitedly to the other man about his planned improvements over the city that housed nearly half of the nation’s population, “With this new campaign, I hope to raise literacy in the favelas, and encourage the youth to choose to pick up books, not guns. I believe that every child has a natural urge to learn.”

“Of course, Victor, I’m sure it will be very successful.” Aline said flatly, looking around the room and not paying much attention to the shorter fatter man.

“Yes, indeed it will. I am a man who has a soft spot for the poor in my city. To often, do they get forgotten for foreign tourists in the resort areas. But I said to myself, if no one will look after our poor, then I must take a stand! Ah, what are these? Excuse me sir.” The mayor said and walked over to the buffet.

Victor looked at all the food arrayed and began loading a plate. He looked at Sarah Wendt and Royce Rackham, “You, young folks, what would you recommend?”

Eduardo Baptiste the former soccer star and now a goodwill ambassador of Queimada, pounded his second beer and threw the empty can right next to his date Nadia’s head. He looked at her as she winced, “Damn girl, you looking fly as a motha fucka! Just remember, this is a classy event, you have to show off for me.”

“You took that whore Didi with you last time. I met that bitch. She basic as fuck.” Nadia said.

Baptiste looked stern, “Bitch, Didi is one of the mommies to my babies. I can’t remember which one, but she is raising a legacy. Her and who knows how many bitches around the world, show some respect.”

“Whatever.” Nadia said as she threw back a shot of tequila and then moved to exit the door to the limo.

The pair walked in. Baptiste wore a brand-new tuxedo. He was adorned with several league championship rings from his soccer days, and diamond studs in his ears. He scanned the room, confident that this was going to be his new kingdom for the night. He liked what he saw, a room full of only the finest, including himself of course.

Nadia wore a skin tight white dress that just had enough fabric to cover the bottom of her well-endowed bottom. The top was low cut and exposed much of her large breasts and cleavage. She had on silver hoop earrings and platform heels. She looked around the room disapprovingly.

“Shit Nadia, all these old dudes started the party in high gear, look at those tall ass hos over there, and all these naked bitches in body paint. I like how New Edom does it! Let’s go, get started.” Baptiste said, grabbing her arm and making for the bar.
Last edited by Queimada on Thu May 02, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Novitera
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novitera » Thu May 02, 2019 5:22 pm

Noviterans

“Lieutenant-Colonel Sarah Wendt.” Rackham repeated the title and name as if he were testing how he liked saying it. He did and it showed with a slight grin as he looked at her then went back to studying the crowd. “Famous regiment...that’s kind of you to say. I certainly like to think so. And no, I’m the only Hinterlander here. I have special...ties with the Chacano army and so they sent me as a goodwill ambassador.”

Rackham scooted closer. “I figured you were a fish out of water. So am I. I thought it’d be nice to have a friend who shared my predicament.” His eyes moved over to the other Noviterans as if to guide her own in that direction. “The other military from my country are navy and admirals. Everyone else wearing a suit has at least seven digits in their bank account. And as you can see, they are subtly leaving.”

Indeed they were. First Setsuko and his girlfriend Millie. Then McCaffrey and Skewes looked around suspiciously then got up to follow. Finally the Admirals. “Off to enjoy some narcotics no doubt. I don’t partake myself. But those are my reasons. What are yours?”

When they were interrupted by Victor, Rackham thought about it for a moment. “I like the taquitos sir.” He said simply. “...and the beer.”

Setsuko caught President Medoza's eyes giving him a wink and a nod in the direction where he was going. The Noviterans found a place where there was no breeze that could blow away their delicious powder. They had found an unoccupied space with chairs and a table which they gathered around while the aides stood watch. Setsuko’s aide, anticipating their needs set down a tablet on the tablet and pulled out the bag he carried. The Director took it from him and dumped out a portion onto the tablet. Taking pride in being a host he began to prepare the product for consumption with a razor blade he took out from a kit in his jacket pocket. First was cutting it up to make it fine and suitable for taking up the nose. Audible taps could be heard as he struck the razor to the smooth glass of the tablet and moved the powder around to make sure he was attending to it all. It was unpleasant for the grains to be too large.

Everyone’s impatience turned to awe as they watched his masterful ministrations as if they were the brush strokes of an artist. He meticulously began to make equally sized lines using the razor blade to sweep away portions of the mound and form his beautiful creations. One for each person here. He lined them up perfectly parallel one after the other.

“Ladies first.” Said Setsuko, handing his silver snorting straw to Millie who giggled. She put the flared end to one nostril while plugging the other and bent over in front of all them to snort up a line. They all admired her bottom as she did. When it was all gone she stood up and wiggled it.

“Whoo!” She exclaimed with raised triumphant hands clasped into a fist then handed the straw to Rear Admiral Armstrong on her left as was Noviteran custom. However they were arrayed, it was always a clockwise rotation. Setsuko held up a finger to his lips to Millie then pulled her onto his lap. She wrapped her arms around him and nibbled at his neck.

Giselle was taken aback by Geta’s bow. No one had ever bowed to her and she giggled thinking it was some kind of joke. Although she quickly learned it was serious. Her father did tell her that Edomite gentry could be awfully old fashioned and she liked it.

“Marketing! Now that is a subject that has caused a late hour on many occasions. I am sure you have covered the difficulties of marketing across cultures!”

“That’s very true. Everything has a more rigorous approval process before it’s published when it’s international. Easy to make a cultural mistake and an error like that could lose a company millions and cause irreparable reputational damage. We’ve had many seminars on that.” She explained.

“As for attending graduate studies in New Edom,” he said with evident sincerity, “I think it is a good idea. As you see, New Edom is a very centerpiece for development and new markets, for building new infrastructure and preparing for the future. It fairy dazzles us, to be frank. Where your country has been in a steady increase of technological approaches and innovation for many decades, ours has had a shocking and dazzling ascent of less than a decade. Why, you know, this hotel is a deception….” he lowered his voice looking at her sagely. “In many parts of the Holy Empire, people still live as though it was the 19th Century. The contrast at times makes us all dizzy.”

“That’s certainly what daddy says. It has actually has been good for my business too. As countries advance, they actually become more similar to us making communication easier.” She said simply repeating what was explained in seminars. “I’ve seen though the other side of it on television. It is very unfortunate that your people live like that in some parts. But understandable because your country is not yet true capitalist. I’m sure things will change when that happens.” She said optimistically. There was a sense that Giselle was not trying to insult New Edom’s economic policies at all but simply stating what she perceived as universal knowledge.

“I am definitely looking forward to going to school at U of Fineberg. If I can get in that is. My grades are ok and I have a few years of work experience which should help. If not I’ll take some online courses while I’m in Fineberg with a school back home.” She said.

“I’m sure you’ll get in dear. Just be warned that college life in New Edom is different. But who knows, you may find a nice boy!” Folais encouraged her then looked to Geta. “Giselle recently broke up with her boyfriend. They were living together and I thought they were going to get married. Disappointing but he was a clown anyways.” He said to Geta.

That made her blush with embarrassment. “Dad! Don’t put my business out there. And he wasn't a clown.”
Last edited by Novitera on Thu May 02, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Republica De Gran Chaco
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republica De Gran Chaco » Thu May 02, 2019 5:58 pm

Luis finished his cigarette and exhaled, he felt far more relaxed and gave the pack back to his aide. A weight was lifted off of his shoulders and he felt as if he could now bear the moment, “Alright, I think we can go say our hellos.”

The Ashab delegation had arrived and Luis saw Kozedeh nearby and nodded to his aide. The Ashabis were unreliable, but they had an alliance with them and they were their only border by land. It was important to keep up the relationship in case they ever needed to rely on the republicans. He walked over, “Mr. Kozedeh, pleasure to see you again. I am glad to see you here and in good health. How is your family?”

Simon Alvarado had made it to the bar where he had ordered a gin and tonic to start the evening. He took a sip and stepped out to look around for the Noviterans. He saw President Mendoza heading over to a group of them and thought to himself, “Great, that will end well I’m sure.”

Fortunately, he spotted Eric Douglas away from the rest. There were plans to bring in the Noviterans on investments in Arcologia, so Alvarado was happy to see him not in conversation with any other dignitaries. He walked over to him and said, “Mr. Douglas. Pleasure to see you here this evening. How is everything? Is this your family? How lovely.”

Diego caught the signal and moved to go with the Noviterans. He tried to be discrete, the cabinet was getting angry with his behavior. As president, his position was largely ceremonial. He was just the head of state, the prime minister had all of the real power, but Diego loved his job. Unfortunately, stories of what he did as president began spreading, though there was nothing to prove them. The girl who’s dress he stained during Carnival, for example, had tried to complain to the media, though thank God the public did not believe the little peasant, and rumors had managed to get out about the fifty howler monkeys he had dumped in the back of the Ex-foreign minister’s house. With elections looming next year, he could not afford more bad press, still, he did not want to be rude.

Diego Mendoza waited for his turn and then snorted his line. He threw back his head, “Ahhh, you boys come prepared.”

He slapped Setsuko on the back, “What a tasty little treat you have. My congratulations.”

Bryan had grabbed a beer and some little things to eat. He had wandered away a bit from his aunt and uncle. Near the buffet he spotted Sarah. He smiled, not believing that she was here. He would have to see and tell her stories of the battle in Hostillia. She was a nice enough girl, even if there was some obvious baggage hiding behind her tired eyes, and Bryan liked her a lot. She was in conversation at the moment though, so he decided to wait a bit before having his reunion.

He looked around the room at the people entering and saw a pair of young girls with escorts entering. It was the Princesses Sophia and Christina, though he had no idea who they were. All Bryan knew was that they looked silly and high born so he decided to try and have some fun. He had grown up with girls like that, too rich for their own good, and in the right circumstances, they could be entertaining.

He strolled over to them and took off his slouch hat, “Lieutenant Colonel Bryan Cayo. Who might you ladies be?”

Jaime finally spotted her. Camilla Sharra was over on the other side of the room. He got Maj. Gen. Tomas’ attention, “Sir, she is over there. Please excuse me.”

Tomas smiled and joked, “Have fun, make the government proud.”

Jaime laughed, “Aye aye sir. Always.”

He made his way through the crowd and approached Camilla and her brother. When he got to where they stood, he smiled wide at her, “Countess, I am so happy to see you here. I hope you had a pleasant journey.”

Jaime turned towards the man and introduced himself pleasantly, “I am Lieutenant Colonel Jaime Ramirez, Chacano Marines. How do you do.”

Then addressing both, “I hope that I am not intruding on anything. I have been under combat conditions for several months and polite society is such a breath of air.”
كان التيز سمين

Neue Regensburg
Envoy

Founded: Jan 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Neue Regensburg » Thu May 02, 2019 6:29 pm

Republica De Gran Chaco wrote:Bryan had grabbed a beer and some little things to eat. He had wandered away a bit from his aunt and uncle. Near the buffet he spotted Sarah. He smiled, not believing that she was here. He would have to see and tell her stories of the battle in Hostillia. She was a nice enough girl, even if there was some obvious baggage hiding behind her tired eyes, and Bryan liked her a lot. She was in conversation at the moment though, so he decided to wait a bit before having his reunion.

He looked around the room at the people entering and saw a pair of young girls with escorts entering. It was the Princesses Sophia and Christina, though he had no idea who they were. All Bryan knew was that they looked silly and high born so he decided to try and have some fun. He had grown up with girls like that, too rich for their own good, and in the right circumstances, they could be entertaining.

He strolled over to them and took off his slouch hat, “Lieutenant Colonel Bryan Cayo. Who might you ladies be?”

Damien and Michael had both acquired glasses of root beer and some food, and began joking around. Damien asked Michael, "Three bottles of this and you're gone, right?" Michael looked back at him, "Bet." They chugged their root beers and had begun stepping towards the bar when they noticed a Chacano gentlemen approaching the princesses. They hung back at a healthy distance.

Christina and Sophia were talking about the disposition of their brother, a member of the marines. Sophia had asked, "How is Peter doing? I haven't talked to him since he was on leave 6 months ago." Christina said, "His unit is part of the REF, going to Valik." Sophia sighed. Liberal though she may be, the Reds had still killed her baby brother, and when she had served, she'd bombed many a communist as part of the Regensluft. "Let's hope he gets home safe. The kid takes as many chances as Dad did. I wonder why royals are even allowed to serve in the ETP..." Christina gravely nodded. She held a glass of wine, Sophia a cocktail. Sophia was about to ask Christina which branch of the military she was going into when she saw a man approach. He was a few years older, but she could still have some fun.

Christina saw the glint in Sophia's eyes, and let out a quiet sigh. After he introduced himself, both girls gave a slight bow at his indication of being military. "I'm Princess Christina. It's a pleasure to meet you," the younger and more conservative princess said. Sophia said, "I'm Princess Sophia." Putting a bit of a playful airiness into her voice, she asked, "How do you do?"
We back

Orestea
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Orestea » Thu May 02, 2019 7:43 pm

"Aaah, voi, voi belle donne, donne forti!"

Senofonte D'Alessandro was slowly stepping around the volleyball team, smiling cheerfully behind his moustache and wrinkling his face with grandfatherly charm. His gestures and cusped hands made him seem like a juvenile suitor, flirting with the entire group of them, beginning from the rear of the congregation and working his way to the front. He complimented their figures, athletic and tall; their uniforms, very professionally fitted and suited to their kind of spectator sport; but, most of all, how brilliant their management must be to groom a fine display of the human athletic form. These flirtatious compliments ebbed and flowed quite naturally, ending up eventually with Pedro Bustamante y Osegura, the men from the Republica De Gran Chaco who had brought this surprising entourage. "The capelli sani e begli occhi, Ah! Però, you two, you must be their capi-- eh, manager, their coaches... Oh, oh, forgive me. Where are my manners - please, please, call me Senofonte, I am clearly the admire of this meraviglioso team in exhibit; ma anche, I am a man of sports and atletica myself. The, ah, presidente del... football, for my home, Orestea. I have seen many of the fine young men and women in my career, and the girls you have here are simply eccellente!"

Coccaro nearly choked. He knew the old pervert was going to go right for the bait the moment they paraded in and turned everyone's heads. He simply shook his and turned around to make himself a very meager buffet plate from the vegetables on display - he'd already had enough to eat, and while standing around empty handed wouldn't look too great while trying to be social, nibbling on a carrot flower wouldn't spike his sugar levels that bad. He took the time during and after his arrangement to peek at the rest of the area. As much as he wanted to drink tonight, he didn't want his country's top tennis player to blacken his eye, and was desperately searching for easy targets to converse with. He had just noticed another one of those countries reeking of monarchy when an opportunity came right for him - and from the group of The Selkies, people who were so put together and focused that he didn't even bother paying attention to them upon first sight.

“Good evening, Sir.”, the man said with a polite bow and a friendly smile, “A lovely evening, isn't it? Not one to simply stand around and drink by the lonesome, don't you think?” He let a beat pass. “Would you mind us two, strangers in a naked land, to join us?” He glanced down at his partner, smiling, the friendly comfort of which made Aureliano visibly surprised. “Of course, the young lady will need all her wits and charmé and it would not do to get her sloshed, so it's fruit juices for her... I am Captain Liam Fearg of the Tribe of Cavan, my young companion is Cadet Fiona Bláth of the Tribe of Wexford.”

“It's a great pleasure, Sir.”, Fiona said with a bow and a sincere smile.
For an aide from a little-known country, the greeting was quite formal, and quite intimate. Coccaro felt like the situation was being fed to him on a silver platter, and he made quick eye contact with Khadija across the room before clearing his throat to respond.

"Well, you certainly do have naked correct, ahem. And don't worry, I'm on the wagon, too, for now... You can, uh, well, my name is Aureliano. Aureliano Coccaro, that is." He spoke far too awkwardly for a seasoned diplomat, his sentences not running on but always being added to as though he felt he had not said enough. "You are quite generous with your introductions, as I'm really no more than, uh, just an aide, but I'm from the delegation of Orestea. It's, uh, a small country, on an island off the horn, we're, uh, or at least I am really quite new to the world stage..."

His eyes flicked back to Khadija and she locked onto him instantly, the sweet smile absolutely lethal. However, despite the threat it carried, Coccaro seemed to straighten up as he continued. He hooked his olive hands into his waist, shifted his weight back, and visibly forced himself to become more comfortable, more confident in his stature. A little unspoken bit of advice came through in that look, and he switched attention back to his newfound dinnermates. "But we're of course here to make sure the world knows, uh, a great deal of big things can come from even tiny places. We're an exporter of athletic talent and a leader in social welfare... and the most elite fighter squadrons within engagement range. Even I'm retired military, but, uh, I shouldn't bore you with facts about my country. I'll leave that to our official representative, our Secretary of Parliament, Mr. Sharmaake, who, uh..."

Aureliano glanced around the room. He noticed Khadija had slinked off, apparently satisfied with him, but he was still out of luck in what he was searching for. "Ahem. Who is still nowhere to be found. You know, you'd be doing me a great service telling me where he is should you find him. He's much better at making friends than I am, but, as his aide, I tend to be a good governor for his engine, you know?" Coccaro breathed. He talked to someone! He refused to think even for a second if it was good conversation, but he did it. He'd get to drink later tonight.

Nekush could surely see the tennis pro walking straight towards her. Their eyes only connected for a moment, but that was enough for the athlete to know she had an interest in speaking. Khadija was a tennis star, not just a champion, and her ability to read someone from across a clay court and net, as well as across a press room, was the other half of the reason why Orestea was happy with her representing the athletic side of the country.

The Rezmaeristan party member could see a far better representation of her as she stopped in front. The woman was massive, not in height but in bulk. Strictly speaking, she was in fact somewhat petite, but every muscle on her body was toned and her thighs in particular were extremely well accented by her choice of selectively-hugging slim fit suit. Even her smile betrayed someone whose jaw was properly exercised from a sizable protein diet, and it graced Chairperson Enk'tya's figure as the woman performed a surprisingly dainty curtsy.

"Forgive me, if one could, for not knowing how to address you, but I believe we have a conversation to hold all the same, no? I must apologize for not being of my nation's government, but Orestea's people know me as Khadija, national tennis champion, health advocate, and public figure. May we sit and talk?"

Ashab
Spokesperson

Founded: May 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ashab » Thu May 02, 2019 8:00 pm

Ashabis

Zaher was no fool but also no good general either. He knew this and knew that Ashab was starved of good generals while New Edom was fat on them. The General took out his cigar to hold to his side and give the men nods.

“We’ve never met but I know you General Hagar, and you General Unwerth. By reputation of course.” He looked over General Hagar and even without reading about his exploits, Zaher could tell he was a dangerous man. Hagar reminded him of Shagar, Commander of the Republican Guards. Ironic that the two names sounded so similar. “A pleasure to meet the rest of you. Strange we find ourselves in such a place. At one point we were at war. Now look at us.” He grabbed a class of cognac from the naked girl while taking a moment to lick his lips at her making sure she saw him do it.

“To the death of our enmity and the birth of our friendship.” He said and drained the cognac. “Allow me to introduce you to the finest soldier in the Republican Army, Captain Karzan Javanai.”

Javanai nodded at them. “Sirs. An honor.”

“Captain Javanai and I were just talking about how the hostility between us was a fluke. Should never have happened. I think it better that New Edom have more friends in Ayaca to support their interests in the West.” He said then looked to the Captain. “What do you think of that Javanai.”

“An excellent arrangement General, if it can be done?” He replied immediately.

“I know I would like to work towards such a future. But alas, such affairs of state are not my department.” Said Zaher.
Last edited by Ashab on Thu May 02, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Thu May 02, 2019 8:27 pm

Shrailleeni Delegation

Cabazon Beach might fool foreigners who knew nothing, but it did not fool Her Royal Highness the Crown Princess Aryni Resyanna fe Shrailleen.

It was true that the New Edomites and the Shrailleeni shared many cultural characteristics, but in her opinion the Shrailleeni were far superior at those aspects that they held in common. They wished to make a statement here, one that said "behold the might of our empire, and the fulfillment of its holy purpose." However the truth lay plain to observant eyes. The sparkling blue waters of the Tempesta as the Shrailleeni royal jet approached southern Ceti were indifferent to the fact that they lay beneath a security corridor. The fine modern streets of Cabazon Beach attempted to make the same statement as Dressanna did in Dengali: see how life has improved for these people who we rule. Except the streets of Dressanna lacked checkpoints, roadblocks, and patrols of well-armed men. Which empire was the more secure, the more blessed then?

Aryni took exception to the reason behind this gala, but she recognized that it must be tolerated. As pretentious as the New Edomites were, their recent achievements could not be overlooked. Shrailleen and New Edom were both developing empires, but New Edom's territorial expansion far outstripped that of the Enlightened Matriarchy. Partly this was because of a difference in strategy, the Shrailleeni preferred to expand only where they could ensure the cooperation of most of the population, while the New Edomites were not hesitant to bring their conquered subjects to heel by force. But it did give them access to many resources, and it made them a powerful competitor as well as a more useful ally.

And had they brought peace and stability to the region? They had brought control, at least, and Aryni could respect that.

She broke from her musing as Zattem gave her a knowing look. He lowered his gaze when she stared back, but she could tell that he thought that he knew her thoughts and was somewhat amused by them. This annoyed her, particularly because he probably did know exactly what she was thinking. She said nothing though, for her mother sat next to her in the car and she did not want to squabble in front her.

The Shrailleeni delegation arrived at the Queen Adah Hotel fresh from the airport, having made their final preparations on the plane. There were two cars, one for imperial family and the Foreign Minister and another for the representatives of the NISA.

Foreign Minister Zattem Resbruck exited the car first, and then stood to the side with his head bowed. He was dressed in his fine robes of state, the typical white silk lined with black that marked a member of the Shrailleeni government, a decorative sword at his back. He was a man of above-average height for a Shrailleeni, standing at 5'7'', with a slim build that was fit but not muscular. His features were angular with prominent cheekbones and jaw line, and he was completely clean-shaven. His straight back hair was long, parted away from his forehead and trailing almost to his waist. His deep green eyes were lowered in a signal of deference.

Next came Aryni. A women in her late twenties, she carried herself with a haughty air that befit her status (and her personal opinions). Her eyes were a brighter, more emerald green than Zattem's and her skin darker, though unmarked by any blemish. She was thin but wiry, a result of daily practice with a blade. Her black hair was also worn long and swept back, but her dress was much finer than the Foreign Minister's. She wore traditional black-on-white robes as well but these were detailed with wave-like patterns that turned each hem and fold into a proximity of the seashore.

She too stood aside to make way for her mother, the Mother Empress Chella Resyanna fe Shrailleen, who managed to emerge from the car with characteristic grace. Her features were an older reflection of Aryni's, her pointed nose and prominent cheekbones a family trait. She was beginning to show some signs of entering middle age, but a few lines and slightly graying hair did not take away from the appealing symmetry of her face which harkened to the youthful beauty now enjoyed by her daughter.

The Mother Empress wore the most intricate robes of the three, colored the same but hemmed by a pattern that mirrored the ripples of a great a river. The designs that flowed across the rest of the robe evoked images of the orderly flow of tributaries, sometimes colored with hints of blue against the black that seemed iridescent in the right lighting.

Chella led the way toward the entrance of the hotel past the ceremonially dressed Royal Cavalry Guards in their resplendent white uniforms as they presented arms to acknowledge the sovereign of the Enlightened Matriarchy and the monarch of New Edom's oldest ally. She moved by them graciously to be greeted by Count Evol Merodach and Countess Ramona Sharra. She did not bow to them, but Aryni and Zattem both offered the short bow used for greeting those of equal rank or special honor. Then they entered the gathering at large, which was by this time underway with many delegations represented.

"Please, make yourself comfortable," Chella said to her daughter in High Railti as they entered. "I am here to greet the Emperor and Empress, and perhaps to pay my respects to other esteemed heads of state. You should meet others and observe them, study the ways of foreigners."

"I know the ways of foreigners, My Mother," Aryni replied dutifully but negatively. "And some here are...not of our station."

Her eyes flit over athletes and a large Ayacan man chomping on a burning cigar, who she would recall in a few minutes was an Ashabi general of some repute.

"These foreigners are your peers. It is good to know what sort of human being one is dealing with in matters of state. That is why I have defied centuries of policy to attend these events. Knowledge is the first step of the Enlightened Path."

"Of course My Mother, you are right," Aryni conceded without truly agreeing.

"With your permission Your Enlightened Majesty," Zattem cut in with a small smile that he reserved for just such occasions, "I believe it is time for me to get to work."

"Naturally Foreign Minister, you need no permission from me. Where do you think to start?"

"Well Your Enlightened Majesty I have always found that success lies in the direction of the buffet table."

Chella actually allowed herself a small smile at this, to Aryni's annoyance and surprise.

"Go then, may it serve you well."

Zattem bowed to her, and then to Aryni, and with a twinkle in his eye went to inspect the light repast that the New Edomites had provided. He was well accustomed to New Edomite food at this point in his life, and helped himself to much of the fried yucca. All the while he kept his eye on the rest of the guests. To a greater degree than Aryni he worked with these "foreigners," and there was always time for conversation. He recognized Eric Douglass of Novitera, Prime Minister Trujillo and Simon Alvarado of Gran Chaco, Governor-General Richard Laurenstowe of New Columbia, and of course President George Rowan of the Republic of Adiron. He also recognized many of the New Edomites, including but not limited to Count Thomas Lalery, Hosidius Geta, and Prince David. He had his reasons for seeing conversation with any of these people to be profitable, if only in some small way.

Aryni lagged behind for a moment, but eventually followed in Zattem's wake. She remained somewhat aloof however, preferring to watch over the proceedings for now.

As for the Mother Empress, she was quickly served by a passing, charmingly painted and quite naked server and held herself in a way that suggested that while she was waiting for the sovereigns her allies to arrive she was still somewhat approachable. She had never quite gotten the knack of the easy amicability of foreigners however, and to those unfamiliar with the Shrailleeni she would certainly seem as stoic as a statue.

Following in the wake of the arrival of the Mother Empress and her entourage were a somewhat unusual pair of Shrailleeni. Matriarch of State Tesseya Ressefren was a woman in her forties, her hair cut at shoulder-length and her eyes a very dark green. She wore colorful robes that distinctly marked her apart from the royalty, a blue-and-white patterned silk that displayed lily flowers, tied with a golden sash. She also wore jewelry, again in difference from the nobles, a silver necklace and sapphire earrings that highlighted her face.

Her associate was Matriarch of Vangar Vella Remban, who was dressed very much in the style of rising Shrailleeni middle class. Her outfit was a mixture of Shrailleeni and foreign sensibilities, a navy blue tunic and long black dress pants which ended in sensible but expensive flat shoes. Her hair was also "made up" in a short bun fixed with a silver seashell comb. She looked a bit hawkish, with thin lips and piercing eyes.

Together they represented the new, more democratic Shrailleen. This was the first time that an event like this had occurred since the convening of the NISA, and it had been insisted that the Shrailleeni head of government attend. Matriarch Vella had then insisted that she attend, operating on the assumption that she would be able to lay the groundwork for lucrative business deals while in Cabazon Beach.

"Not for my personal business of course," she was saying as they entered the party. "But for the good of the empire, you know? Trade deals. Unembraced Chacoans and their OAS cutting into the export margin..."

"Naturally," Tesseya replied, attempting to look as haughty and powerful as a Shrailleeni noblewoman. She was here in an attempt to establish the NISA as a power in the Enlightened Matriarchy. Although the Mother Empress retained most of her customary powers, many in the NISA believed that those powers could be eroded. Appearances were part of that, as was foreign perception.

"Lot's of weird extra-regionals here. Catch their ear, most of them will trade with anything that moves," Vella was saying with a smile. "Hey, check out the appetizers. I would kill for an omelet."
أدرس اللغة العربية وهي لغة جميلة
Mother of One, Mother of All
Ask Me Anything IC
Come to the Mother's Embrace
New Edom wrote:Elizabeth Salt remarked, "It's amazing, isn't it, you rarely see modern troops that wear their 19th century uniforms and gear so well--they must drill all the time. Is this a guards outfit?"

Sif said to her, "This is a modern Shrailleeni Empire military parade. Like as in this is what they wear, this is what they use. This is it."

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu May 02, 2019 8:51 pm

“Lieutenant-Colonel Sarah Wendt.” Rackham repeated the title and name as if he were testing how he liked saying it. He did and it showed with a slight grin as he looked at her then went back to studying the crowd. “Famous regiment...that’s kind of you to say. I certainly like to think so. And no, I’m the only Hinterlander here. I have special...ties with the Chacano army and so they sent me as a goodwill ambassador.”

“Ah, I see. Well, it is nice to make your acquaintance,” she said, turning to face him. She was wearing a woman’s dress uniform of a blue tunic and skirt, her two rows of medals on display, wearing low heels. Her skirt pleasantly framed her peachlike backside, her tunic slimmed her upper body. "I suppose I am here representing the Directorate of Procurements, making contacts." she smiled at the younger officer.

Rackham scooted closer. “I figured you were a fish out of water. So am I. I thought it’d be nice to have a friend who shared my predicament.” His eyes moved over to the other Noviterans as if to guide her own in that direction. “The other military from my country are navy and admirals. Everyone else wearing a suit has at least seven digits in their bank account. And as you can see, they are subtly leaving.”

Wendt laughed discreetly. “What, is this for some of the infamous Noviteran nose candy? I’m afraid I’m not familiar with such things, after all the scriptures say “Be not drunk on wine, but on the Holy Spirit” and so it is a thing I am abstemious about…”

When they were interrupted by Victor, Rackham thought about it for a moment. “I like the taquitos sir.” He said simply. “...and the beer.”

“Er...how do you do?” said Wendt, surprised. “I suggest these, they’re salmon rolls, essentially, and they’re very nice, I think you might like them.”

Giselle was taken aback by Geta’s bow. No one had ever bowed to her and she giggled thinking it was some kind of joke.

Geta was smiling at her response.

“That’s very true. Everything has a more rigorous approval process before it’s published when it’s international. Easy to make a cultural mistake and an error like that could lose a company millions and cause irreparable reputational damage. We’ve had many seminars on that.” She explained.

“Yes like the one where an attempt at marketing in our part of Hostillia to present a skin cream translated to “Aviaire Skin Cream brings you back from the dead,” he chuckled. “Some Hakka and Han bought a lot of it but ultimately sales dropped from disappointment…”
“That’s certainly what daddy says. It has actually has been good for my business too. As countries advance, they actually become more similar to us making communication easier.” She said simply repeating what was explained in seminars. “I’ve seen though the other side of it on television. It is very unfortunate that your people live like that in some parts. But understandable because your country is not yet true capitalist. I’m sure things will change when that happens.” She said optimistically. There was a sense that Giselle was not trying to insult New Edom’s economic policies at all but simply stating what she perceived as universal knowledge.

“Well, the Holy Empire is not going to become like Novitera necessarily, my dear. There are some things that money will not overcome.” he said, waving a finger with a cheeky expression. “We are, first and foremost, a land of faith and honour.”

“I am definitely looking forward to going to school at U of Fineberg. If I can get in that is. My grades are ok and I have a few years of work experience which should help. If not I’ll take some online courses while I’m in Fineberg with a school back home.” She said.

“I’m sure you’ll get in dear. Just be warned that college life in New Edom is different. But who knows, you may find a nice boy!” Folais encouraged her then looked to Geta. “Giselle recently broke up with her boyfriend. They were living together and I thought they were going to get married. Disappointing but he was a clown anyways.” He said to Geta.

That made her blush with embarrassment. “Dad! Don’t put my business out there. And he wasn't a clown.”

Geta was secretly pleased, that her lover (what sluts Noviteran women were!) was a fool, but hid this with a discreet cough. “Well, you should be sure to ask for any support from me. I would not want any unnecessary snags, Miss Folais. Bureaucracy...is both a fine support and a bane of existence at once. But a sure guide is like a light in the wilderness, eh?”

He made his way through the crowd and approached Camilla and her brother. When he got to where they stood, he smiled wide at her, “Countess, I am so happy to see you here. I hope you had a pleasant journey.”

“Oh, Jai--I mean my dear Colonel!’ said Camilla with a blushing smile. “I’m so glad you didn’t get hurt on your mission. Brother, this is…”

Jaime turned towards the man and introduced himself pleasantly, “I am Lieutenant Colonel Jaime Ramirez, Chacano Marines. How do you do.”

“Oh...how do you do sir, I’m Lieutenant Count Uzziah Sharra, 2nd Troop, 1st Squadron, Royal Cavalry Guards. I’m afraid I haven’t has as many opportunities for action lately. Mostly training, parade duty, that sort of thing…”

“Oh don’t complain, Uzzy, we’re all glad you’re safe and not too far from home,” said Camilla brightly. Her brother made a face behind her back and sipped from his wine glass.

Then addressing both, “I hope that I am not intruding on anything. I have been under combat conditions for several months and polite society is such a breath of air.”

“Well, you are now in good company and can enjoy this lovely music,” Camilla said firmly. “Shall you promise me a dance tonight, do you think?”

Zaher was no fool but also no good general either. He knew this and knew that Ashab was starved of good generals while New Edom was fat on them. The General took out his cigar to hold to his side and give the men nods.

“We’ve never met but I know you General Hagar, and you General Unwerth. By reputation of course.” He looked over General Hagar and even without reading about his exploits, Zaher could tell he was a dangerous man. Hagar reminded him of Shagar, Commander of the Republican Guards. Ironic that the two names sounded so similar. “A pleasure to meet the rest of you. Strange we find ourselves in such a place. At one point we were at war. Now look at us.” He grabbed a class of cognac from the naked girl while taking a moment to lick his lips at her making sure she saw him do it.

The young woman blinked and flushed, lowering her eyes. She quickly moved off, unable to hide swaying graceful hips painted light green.

“To the death of our enmity and the birth of our friendship.” He said and drained the cognac. “Allow me to introduce you to the finest soldier in the Republican Army, Captain Karzan Javanai.”

Javanai nodded at them. “Sirs. An honor.”

The Edomite officers had raised their glasses, and Unwerth raised his eyebrows at this personal introduction to a junior officer.

“Ah, yes, the officer who was so heroic during our...misunderstanding on the Rio Cerdo,” said Hagar with a faint smile. “The officer about whom we have been hearing, your protege.”

“Captain Javanai and I were just talking about how the hostility between us was a fluke. Should never have happened. I think it better that New Edom have more friends in Ayaca to support their interests in the West.” He said then looked to the Captain. “What do you think of that Javanai.”

“An excellent arrangement General, if it can be done?” He replied immediately.

“I know I would like to work towards such a future. But alas, such affairs of state are not my department.” Said Zaher.

“Well, we are not diplomats, but as servant-soldiers of our state, we are glad to avert unnecessary conflict,” said Unwerth.

“Do we?” said Admiral Esarhaddon amiably. “I do not wish to avoid conflict with the Arvo. I am shocked that the Adirans are trying to make peace with them, such savages should be swept from the Earth like the Sodomites.”

“Yes, but we’re talking about fellow civilized men, Danny,” said Hagar with amusement. “I’m afraid we can be a bit bloodthirsty, General Zaher. But friendship is friendship, and if we are friends, we are true friends.”
Last edited by New Edom on Thu May 02, 2019 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Saroreich
Secretary

Founded: Apr 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Saroreich » Fri May 03, 2019 12:55 am

The Comtessa noticed a man walking towards her and smiled as he introduced himself. She was pleased to be greeted in German, and answered in the same language: "I am Comtessa von Rabenstein from the Saroreich, your Excellency" she said with a slight curtsey and extending her hand. "It really is a wonderful night, our hosts have done an excellent job" she continued. "Have you visited New Edom before? This is my first time."

Lillorainen
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lillorainen » Fri May 03, 2019 5:14 am

Saroreich wrote:The Comtessa noticed a man walking towards her and smiled as he introduced himself. She was pleased to be greeted in German, and answered in the same language: "I am Comtessa von Rabenstein from the Saroreich, your Excellency" she said with a slight curtsey and extending her hand. "It really is a wonderful night, our hosts have done an excellent job" she continued. "Have you visited New Edom before? This is my first time."

Ambassador Klingebiel nodded, then successfully finished their handshake and bowed his head in respect another time.
"The pleasure is entirely mine, Comtessa" - he said, continuing in German. "Indeed, judging by what I've seen so far, our hosts absolutely know how to do their job, starting with the location." He pointed around with his flat hand - indeed, this was a place he assumed quite a few ladies and gentlemen around here were already considering extending their stay a tiny bit, if it hadn't been for business awaiting them back home ... "I haven't been to New Edom before, either, for I have been busy in an entirely different place for quite some time, and may now need a new second home. But luckily, there are still occasions like this one!"

The Selkie wrote:Felicia Sciotog of the Tribe of Monaghan.
I bowed my head at the 'counter-blessings', so to speak, his polite return of my unctuous blessings, which I had brought from Fortham.
I also saw his own amusement as to what exactly was supposed to be blessed, things Lillorainen was well-known for, and how familiar he already was with our gestures and customs. Truly, Lillorainen and the Free Lands were good friends and we would stay good friends, at least as long as I was in office!
His blessings were very apt, too.
Freya's and Fulla's blessings for youth and field were always nice to have, as were Aegir's blessings for the seas. Tyr's and Thor's blessings, along with what we hoped Carman Fea already did, were sorely needed, though. We were still engaged in Operation Spartacus and... Gods, it was a mess. War always was. At least the number of wooden boxes returning from that place had diminished.
And to my utmost shame, in religious fervor and will to avenge our beloved Daideo, Donald Crionna, I had been swept along... and I had pushed for a more frontal participation of the SDF. And... Old Raidri had tried to help me over it, but he had not been swept along. He had led the wave.
At the last remark, I had to grin.
The Free Lands Yellow Press knew two very famous cases: Celina Treorai of the Tribe of Louth, a daughter of a very wealthy business family, and her Chris Riesheid, and Amy Laoch of the Tribe of Dundalk, a model and young actress, and her Dragan Bandera. And then there were the untold numbers of people, who met, fell in love and sometimes fell out of it again as well.
He was right, though.
"There indeed is a lot love and friendship between our peoples and the ties get stronger and stronger by the day.", I replied, smiling, "Both between the people and the states and their representatives. Speaking of which..." I turned slightly to my one-eyes name-twin, motioning to her. "...if I may introduce to you the newest member of the Ambassador Groups, Miss Felicia Scaipeadh of the Tribe of Monaghan. She is the Ambassador of the Free Lands in Group 5. You already know Finn."
Both of them bowed their heads with their hands over their hearts, although Finn seemed more at ease and less nervous, while Felicia was nervous as one could be.
Rather unlike her, to be honest.
"This is Felicia's first trip as a full-fledged Ambassador.", Ava said from my other side, "So please be gentle."
I gave a small snort in amusement, the other Felicia did not seem too thrilled by that comment.

Indeed - whereas Miss Sciotog and Finn Iarann were well-known to Flemming, as well as to everyone who remotely had a say in the Federation, the other Felicia was a new face for him - logically, as she wasn't in office long enough yet. But luckily, this would change now, thus would be entirely different in the future. The first time came for everyone.
What also appeared logical to anybody with a sane mind, that was that foreign errands, be they in the totally not crowded urban scape of the Lillatorn and its surrounding areas, or in an idyllic tropical paradise like this, were definitely to be preferred over the entire shebang regarding Operation Spartacus, which had causeed a number of losses of lives and injuries, and brought ... well, next to some Nordic support for Carman Fea, at least a new rise of pacifism amongst the Selkie-Populace. Surprise.
Needless to say, that most Lillos could rather easily forego a similar action in Stella Dorata, despite having no particularly good opinion on the junta running that place (for a given definition of the term 'running').
As Felicia Scaipeadh of the Tribe of Monaghan got introduced to Flemming, he bowed his head again, to both her and Finn, her being a tad more nervous than him, for obvious reasons. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Scaipeadh! And no worries - we've all started from scratch once at some given point, nobody's born as a master!"
"An interesting definition of 'gentle' you have, Mr. President!" - a notably amused voice suddenly was to hear from Flemming's Right. "It's always a pleasure to learn from the experienced ones amongst us, now isn't it?"
The voice belonged to the young blonde and blue-eyed woman the Selkie-Delegation might or might not have seen already, Sylvia Kolverath, who, followed by her colleague Lindholm, had joined the small round.
"He isn't entirely wrong, though" - Lindholm added. "We are right at the beginning of our careers, too. If you allow, my name is Holger Jörn Lindholm, Member of the Joint Advisory Panel of the Meritocratic Council." He bowed his head lightly.
As did Kolverath. "Sylvia Kolverath - the Council's and JAP's newest member, at least for now. And as much as I can tell from this very short time, one can never start to gain experience too early!"
Flemming and Lindholm nodded.
Since Lillorainen's geography is currently being overhauled a 'tiny' bit, most information on it posted before December 12, 2018, is not entirely reliable anymore. Until there's a new, proper factfile, everything you might need to know can be found here. Thank you. #RetconOfDoom (Very late update, 2020/08/30 - it's still going on ...)

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 17, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Selkie » Fri May 03, 2019 12:55 pm

Orestea wrote:"Aaah, voi, voi belle donne, donne forti!"

Senofonte D'Alessandro was slowly stepping around the volleyball team, smiling cheerfully behind his moustache and wrinkling his face with grandfatherly charm. His gestures and cusped hands made him seem like a juvenile suitor, flirting with the entire group of them, beginning from the rear of the congregation and working his way to the front. He complimented their figures, athletic and tall; their uniforms, very professionally fitted and suited to their kind of spectator sport; but, most of all, how brilliant their management must be to groom a fine display of the human athletic form. These flirtatious compliments ebbed and flowed quite naturally, ending up eventually with Pedro Bustamante y Osegura, the men from the Republica De Gran Chaco who had brought this surprising entourage. "The capelli sani e begli occhi, Ah! Però, you two, you must be their capi-- eh, manager, their coaches... Oh, oh, forgive me. Where are my manners - please, please, call me Senofonte, I am clearly the admire of this meraviglioso team in exhibit; ma anche, I am a man of sports and atletica myself. The, ah, presidente del... football, for my home, Orestea. I have seen many of the fine young men and women in my career, and the girls you have here are simply eccellente!"

Coccaro nearly choked. He knew the old pervert was going to go right for the bait the moment they paraded in and turned everyone's heads. He simply shook his and turned around to make himself a very meager buffet plate from the vegetables on display - he'd already had enough to eat, and while standing around empty handed wouldn't look too great while trying to be social, nibbling on a carrot flower wouldn't spike his sugar levels that bad. He took the time during and after his arrangement to peek at the rest of the area. As much as he wanted to drink tonight, he didn't want his country's top tennis player to blacken his eye, and was desperately searching for easy targets to converse with. He had just noticed another one of those countries reeking of monarchy when an opportunity came right for him - and from the group of The Selkies, people who were so put together and focused that he didn't even bother paying attention to them upon first sight.

“Good evening, Sir.”, the man said with a polite bow and a friendly smile, “A lovely evening, isn't it? Not one to simply stand around and drink by the lonesome, don't you think?” He let a beat pass. “Would you mind us two, strangers in a naked land, to join us?” He glanced down at his partner, smiling, the friendly comfort of which made Aureliano visibly surprised. “Of course, the young lady will need all her wits and charmé and it would not do to get her sloshed, so it's fruit juices for her... I am Captain Liam Fearg of the Tribe of Cavan, my young companion is Cadet Fiona Bláth of the Tribe of Wexford.”

“It's a great pleasure, Sir.”, Fiona said with a bow and a sincere smile.
For an aide from a little-known country, the greeting was quite formal, and quite intimate. Coccaro felt like the situation was being fed to him on a silver platter, and he made quick eye contact with Khadija across the room before clearing his throat to respond.

"Well, you certainly do have naked correct, ahem. And don't worry, I'm on the wagon, too, for now... You can, uh, well, my name is Aureliano. Aureliano Coccaro, that is." He spoke far too awkwardly for a seasoned diplomat, his sentences not running on but always being added to as though he felt he had not said enough. "You are quite generous with your introductions, as I'm really no more than, uh, just an aide, but I'm from the delegation of Orestea. It's, uh, a small country, on an island off the horn, we're, uh, or at least I am really quite new to the world stage..."

His eyes flicked back to Khadija and she locked onto him instantly, the sweet smile absolutely lethal. However, despite the threat it carried, Coccaro seemed to straighten up as he continued. He hooked his olive hands into his waist, shifted his weight back, and visibly forced himself to become more comfortable, more confident in his stature. A little unspoken bit of advice came through in that look, and he switched attention back to his newfound dinnermates. "But we're of course here to make sure the world knows, uh, a great deal of big things can come from even tiny places. We're an exporter of athletic talent and a leader in social welfare... and the most elite fighter squadrons within engagement range. Even I'm retired military, but, uh, I shouldn't bore you with facts about my country. I'll leave that to our official representative, our Secretary of Parliament, Mr. Sharmaake, who, uh..."

Aureliano glanced around the room. He noticed Khadija had slinked off, apparently satisfied with him, but he was still out of luck in what he was searching for. "Ahem. Who is still nowhere to be found. You know, you'd be doing me a great service telling me where he is should you find him. He's much better at making friends than I am, but, as his aide, I tend to be a good governor for his engine, you know?" Coccaro breathed. He talked to someone! He refused to think even for a second if it was good conversation, but he did it. He'd get to drink later tonight.

Nekush could surely see the tennis pro walking straight towards her. Their eyes only connected for a moment, but that was enough for the athlete to know she had an interest in speaking. Khadija was a tennis star, not just a champion, and her ability to read someone from across a clay court and net, as well as across a press room, was the other half of the reason why Orestea was happy with her representing the athletic side of the country.

The Rezmaeristan party member could see a far better representation of her as she stopped in front. The woman was massive, not in height but in bulk. Strictly speaking, she was in fact somewhat petite, but every muscle on her body was toned and her thighs in particular were extremely well accented by her choice of selectively-hugging slim fit suit. Even her smile betrayed someone whose jaw was properly exercised from a sizable protein diet, and it graced Chairperson Enk'tya's figure as the woman performed a surprisingly dainty curtsy.

"Forgive me, if one could, for not knowing how to address you, but I believe we have a conversation to hold all the same, no? I must apologize for not being of my nation's government, but Orestea's people know me as Khadija, national tennis champion, health advocate, and public figure. May we sit and talk?"

Fiona Bláth of the Tribe of Wexford.
The man, Aureliano, seemed nervous, he forced himself into a more confident position, glancing over to someone else time and time again. A military man, although retired, from a small country apparently quite close.
I had to smile at the being 'bored with facts' by the currently missing Secretary of Parliament, a Mister Sharmaake - who we should look out for.
Well, Aureliano was certainly not a good conversationalist, but what he had said didn't make me want to punch him, which was a start for the evening.
"Don't worry, Mister Coccaro.", the Captain said with a small smile, "The two of us are quite new to this whole diplomatic circus as well. But we will be on the lookout for Mister Sharmaake." He smiled and took a nibble. "In the meantime, we might find a conversation topic. You see, I am a military officer myself, though not a fighter pilot, but the Captain of a frigate, SDFS Carman Fea, while the young lady..." He smiled at me, who I blushed slightly at the attention. "...is studying to become an officer and, in a way, already is."
"Indeed.", I said, "I am the team leader of the Naval School's Sensha Do Team. Tankery or Tank-Sport, as it is also called." I let a small beat pass. "Which is an appropriate sport, if you consider, that I plan to join the Regiment of SDF-Navy Troopers, basically the SDF's Marines."

Lillorainen wrote:[...]
Indeed - whereas Miss Sciotog and Finn Iarann were well-known to Flemming, as well as to everyone who remotely had a say in the Federation, the other Felicia was a new face for him - logically, as she wasn't in office long enough yet. But luckily, this would change now, thus would be entirely different in the future. The first time came for everyone.
What also appeared logical to anybody with a sane mind, that was that foreign errands, be they in the totally not crowded urban scape of the Lillatorn and its surrounding areas, or in an idyllic tropical paradise like this, were definitely to be preferred over the entire shebang regarding Operation Spartacus, which had causeed a number of losses of lives and injuries, and brought ... well, next to some Nordic support for Carman Fea, at least a new rise of pacifism amongst the Selkie-Populace. Surprise.
Needless to say, that most Lillos could rather easily forego a similar action in Stella Dorata, despite having no particularly good opinion on the junta running that place (for a given definition of the term 'running').
As Felicia Scaipeadh of the Tribe of Monaghan got introduced to Flemming, he bowed his head again, to both her and Finn, her being a tad more nervous than him, for obvious reasons. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Scaipeadh! And no worries - we've all started from scratch once at some given point, nobody's born as a master!"
"An interesting definition of 'gentle' you have, Mr. President!" - a notably amused voice suddenly was to hear from Flemming's Right. "It's always a pleasure to learn from the experienced ones amongst us, now isn't it?"
The voice belonged to the young blonde and blue-eyed woman the Selkie-Delegation might or might not have seen already, Sylvia Kolverath, who, followed by her colleague Lindholm, had joined the small round.
"He isn't entirely wrong, though" - Lindholm added. "We are right at the beginning of our careers, too. If you allow, my name is Holger Jörn Lindholm, Member of the Joint Advisory Panel of the Meritocratic Council." He bowed his head lightly.
As did Kolverath. "Sylvia Kolverath - the Council's and JAP's newest member, at least for now. And as much as I can tell from this very short time, one can never start to gain experience too early!"
Flemming and Lindholm nodded.

Felicia Sciotog of the Tribe of Monaghan.
Indeed, what a surprise it was, that, once the zeal and fervor had died down and the first wooden boxes came home, that people started questioning the wisdom of the military interventionism and were, quite openly, protesting. From Dísréad and their protest and pacifist songs, Leannáin's protest, which was all the louder, the continued arguing of Nolwenn Ceannairceach of the Tribe of Fermanagh for a more pacifist standing in politics, now, that Lutetti had proven itself a peaceful neighbour for by now almost three decades...
I could not hold it against the Lillos, that they would rather not intervene in their own neighbour Stella Dorata, concerning the local potentates.
It stood to hope, that we at least learned something from it.
When the conversation turned to focus on my name twin, the other Felicia, and introducing oneself, as well as the beginning of careers, including the introductions of members of the JAP, the Joint Advisory Panel of the Meritocratic Council, who accompanied Silas.
"The pleasure is all mine.", Felicia said and spoke from all our hearts, for it was indeed a pleasure. "It is heartening to see, that I am not the only new meat." She glared at me. "And not the only who is getting her... how was the term again... 'diplomatic cherry popped'?"
I raised my hands in defense. "To be fair, the term was originally invented by Marla!", I defended myself, causing Ava to snort in amusement.
"Oh, all three of you will do wonderfully!", she said with a grin.
I play PT, MT and a bit FT. I am into character-RPs.
My people are called the Selkie, the nation is usually called the Free Lands in MT-settings. Thanks.

Silverport Dockyards Ltd.: Storefront - Catalogue

Republica De Gran Chaco
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republica De Gran Chaco » Fri May 03, 2019 2:55 pm

“Well sir, you are a man with an eye to spot natural athletes then. These girls have been hand selected by myself. I am the owner and General Manager of this team, the Quito Roughriders. I must say training camp and tryouts keep me very… busy, but my brother helps out he is the Head Coach of the Roughriders. Pedro said while tiptoeing to smell one of the girl’s hair, “Let me call my brother. Hey, Pablo! We have a sports enthusiast.”

Pablo came over with a drink in each hand, “Hey hey! They only wanted to give me one drink, but these glasses are too damn small! I needed a backup. So who’s this dude?”

“This is Mr. Senofonte, he has admired our team.” Pedro said.

“Is that so? Well I tell you they are pretty noticeable. Girls, get over here and introduce yourselves to the fine gentlemen! Come on line up! Ok here we go in order we have Eusibia, Paula, Aurelia, Julia, Maritsa, Soledad, Monica, Yessica, Proctosa, Verta, Gregoria, and finally Cirila.” That’s the lineup for you.” Pablo rattled off then threw back one of his drinks.

“Well sir, there you are, now tell us please, what do you do?” Pedro said.

Christina saw the glint in Sophia's eyes, and let out a quiet sigh. After he introduced himself, both girls gave a slight bow at his indication of being military. "I'm Princess Christina. It's a pleasure to meet you," the younger and more conservative princess said. Sophia said, "I'm Princess Sophia." Putting a bit of a playful airiness into her voice, she asked, "How do you do?"

“Very well at the moment indeed. Are you ladies the official representatives of your government for the evening? That is quite the responsibility entrusted to two so young.” Bryan told the girls while sipping on his glass of beer, “How are you girls enjoying yourselves? Do you get to travel much for diplomatic functions?”

“Oh, Jai--I mean my dear Colonel!’ said Camilla with a blushing smile. “I’m so glad you didn’t get hurt on your mission. Brother, this is…”

“Oh...how do you do sir, I’m Lieutenant Count Uzziah Sharra, 2nd Troop, 1st Squadron, Royal Cavalry Guards. I’m afraid I haven’t has as many opportunities for action lately. Mostly training, parade duty, that sort of thing…”

“Well, that isn’t a bad place to be. I’ve been on duty in Lebrón, it has been dull, hot, and dirty for the most part. The savages shoot sometimes, but I’m out of the way now. The company commanders have their orders, and make their patrols, I mostly have to hear about what savage stole what piece of company equipment, and make judgements on removals to Isla de Buena Fortuna. It has been more interesting than garrison duty, but not really thrilling. My battalion is rotating out though for refit and training.” Jaime said.

“Oh don’t complain, Uzzy, we’re all glad you’re safe and not too far from home,” said Camilla brightly. Her brother made a face behind her back and sipped from his wine glass.

“Well, you are now in good company and can enjoy this lovely music,” Camilla said firmly. “Shall you promise me a dance tonight, do you think?”

Jaime smiled at her, it was so good to see this girl again, “I would love to promise you a dance. Now, how did the tournament end up, we don’t get much news when on deployments. Also is your father here? I was told he had been promoted, tell him congratulations from me, if he remembers who I am.”
Last edited by Republica De Gran Chaco on Fri May 03, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
كان التيز سمين

Queimada
Secretary

Founded: Jan 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Queimada » Fri May 03, 2019 3:13 pm

“Hmm, those sound-like fine selections.” Victor Luis said to Royce and Sarah and tasted some of them, “I should find out who makes these little morsels, so that I can serve them when I do fundraisers for the poor in my city. I tell you, fighting for the good of underprivileged children is an uphill battle, but I feel one that needs to be done. Wouldn’t you agree? You see my city of Porto Real has had a sad plague of gangs, but I have recently begun a campaign to encourage literacy among the slums. I am a firm believer that children will choose to pick up books rather than guns if given the choice.”

“Nadia, look at that old milf that just walked in. Those are some baller assed clothes. Where the fuck do you get shit like that?” Eduardo Baptiste asked.

“I don’t know, some kind of second hand store in a favela.” Nadia said flatly.

Baptiste shot her a look, and said quietly, “Bitch don’t make me bust your lip open.”

Nadia held her tongue and took another shot.

Eduardo looked at the Mother Empress again, “Damn, I got to know who that chick is. She is cruising with some style. I have to meet that bitch, she is a classy ass ho. Not a ho, actually, but you know what I mean. She above ho status. Let’s go, bitch.”

Nadia made a face but did as she was told and followed Eduardo. He strolled up to Chella and when he got to her, he said excitedly, “Damn girl, you looking fine as fuck, those robes are fly. Where you get something like that? My girl Nadia here could use some classing up. She think she’s hot, and she is, but the girl could use some new things for these classy events. I got to keep my stable presentable. Ya feel me?”

Republica de San Carlo
Attaché

Founded: Mar 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Republica de San Carlo » Fri May 03, 2019 3:33 pm

Jesus Gutierrez, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Maximiliano Coronil, the Minister of Trade walked into the room. Both men wore black tuxedos with red silk sashes over their shoulders. The men removed their white gloves upon entering the room and handed them to servants to carry. The two men chatted back and forth with each other. While taking in the room.

Jesus turned to a servant, “Go and fetch some drinks Ah, I see that the Regensburgers sent their very best representation.”

“Well, how better to represent such a great and respectable nation, then a frat party.” Max said, “They remain as on the ball as ever, don’t they?”

“Indeed.” The Foreign Minister said, “Well, I see the very best from the rest of the region seems to be here. I do believe that it shall be a good time. Now do I go and pay homage to the Adirans now or later? It really feels belittling talking to them. They have gifted us a low born cholo as ambassador, yet, I do feel their intentions are pure. I think I’ll go and say my hello. Excuse me.”

Jesus wandered over to Rowan and his wife, “Mr. President, so good to see you, and with your lovely wife in attendance.”

Vionna-Frankenlisch
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 21, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vionna-Frankenlisch » Fri May 03, 2019 3:46 pm

Governor-General Richard Laurenstowe

Finishing his plate with hunger, having forgotten to eat on the flight over, Governor-General Laurenstowe scanned the attendees with his eyes, shrunken behind round wire-framed glasses. Immediately he recognised, albeit barely, the Chacoan Minister of Defense, Anastasio Samoza Garcia. Putting his plate down and grabbing a drink, Laurenstowe made for the man. "Minister!" He called, loud enough to be heard but not quite enough to be disruptive to the revellers.

"Minister," he greeted, with a smile and a bow of the head, once he had reached Garcia. He held out his hand proudly, "Richard Laurenstowe," he introduced himself, "Proud to be King James' Governor-General of New Columbia."

Countess Emilie de Carmont

The Countess de Carmont took a moment to make certain that she was entirely presentable before entering the gala proper. In a Zianian silk dress of light blue, white heels which snaked up her leg like a charmed serpent and a light load of jewellery, including her ruby ring of office, confirming her position as Comtesse de Carmont. Her face and body looked stunning, both due to her natural beauty and a smattering of makeup, including glitter under her eyes and long, dark lashes. With a slim waist and a full bosom, she was the picture of Gallandic beauty. With a deep breath and a charming smile, she entered the gala.
New Edom wrote:Unwerth laughed. “Such hen lobsters are the Vionnans. But then, every Vionnan is half a sodomite."

Commissar of Revolutionary Action of the INTERNATIONAL SOCIALIST CONGRESS
Also responsible for Espicuta of Teremara, go check that region out for a friendly crew and a fulfilling MT role-playing experience!

iiWiki

Neue Regensburg
Envoy

Founded: Jan 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Neue Regensburg » Fri May 03, 2019 4:27 pm

Republica De Gran Chaco wrote:Christina saw the glint in Sophia's eyes, and let out a quiet sigh. After he introduced himself, both girls gave a slight bow at his indication of being military. "I'm Princess Christina. It's a pleasure to meet you," the younger and more conservative princess said. Sophia said, "I'm Princess Sophia." Putting a bit of a playful airiness into her voice, she asked, "How do you do?"

“Very well at the moment indeed. Are you ladies the official representatives of your government for the evening? That is quite the responsibility entrusted to two so young.” Bryan told the girls while sipping on his glass of beer, “How are you girls enjoying yourselves? Do you get to travel much for diplomatic functions?”

Christina took a sip of her wine, rather unimpressed in the man before her. Sophia, however, seemed to relish the opportunity. "Well, our brother is deployed overseas and the King and Queen wanted the members of the Royal Family to represent our government tonight. Plus, it will be good experience for Christina here, before she enters the military next year." Christina let out another sigh, drinking a tad more aggressively as her sister dragged on. She was planning on serving in the Regensmarine, having a bit of an interest in specializing in computers, but everybody in Regensburg did their two years without ceremony.

Sophia didn't seem to notice Christina's morsel of agitation, but Christina, in a bid to end the conversation, stepped in. "I don't really travel all that much, but Sophia's in business, so she travels more frequently. The party is a nice change of pace from life in the palace, the Edomites did a great job bringing it together." This was all said in a quite monotone, matter-of-fact voice, so as not to be disrespectful, but she was clearly not into this dude the way Sophia was.
We back

Orestea
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Orestea » Fri May 03, 2019 6:42 pm

"That's, um, that sounds quite remarkarble... T-Tank-Sport? I mean, Tankery, you must mean, like, performance competitions, right?" Coccaro smiled and even chuckled a bit, but the concern was very evident. He wanted to belie Orestea's small military, and the fact that they wouldn't dare use such a precious (to them) commodity like a tank for anything other than the last-ditch defense they were intended for. "You know, uh, poor terrain courses, gunnery, performance, uh... things like... things...

"Oh, Christ, you mean like a competitive sport," he said, the smile abating. The looks on the Selkie faces weren't malicious at all, but they did inform him that he was misunderstanding Sensha-dō. "Forgive my French, but how in the world does that work? Even in Orestea we don't have anything so exotic... but, uh, just thinking about it, the appeal is very obvious."

The Republica De Gran Chaco Quito Roughriders did not fail to impress on their close inspection any less than when Senofonte D'Alessandro was 'reviewing' them himself. Stood up for presentation, they clearly were very professional in their own manner, with high chins, thrust out chests, tight butts; everything necessary to exemplify the posture, and physique needed for such completely legitimate athletes. Senofonte clapped his hands together, learning all of their names. "Oh, signore, you pamper me, you pamper. I am il Presidente della Lega Nazionale di Calcio Orestea; I run the national football, the ah, soccer in my country, and own one of the clubs, Coloniale Unito. As my boys e girls have taken the title this season, I am, eh, the way you say it... pronto a party!"

Senofonte gave out a charming laugh, the kind that insists the volleyball players laugh along with him - but, at least, it's short lived. He steps forward, slapping Pablo on the shoulder in good-natured camaraderie as he points to the remaining drink. "And your brother here, he is right, Pedro, the drinks, they are too small! Life, it is so short, we must relax, e celebrare. You are so lucky to share with your girls, I was not able to bring Coloniale with me, I am so felice to meet a nation, who reward the team, like you do. I say, we go back, for the third glass!"

Novitera
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novitera » Fri May 03, 2019 7:14 pm

Noviterans

When it was Mendoza’s turn the Noviterans said words of encouragement and gave praise when he railed it all. “Mister President! Showing us all up are you?” Said Setsuko merrily. At Mendoza's praises he replied, “Anytime. We’ll be going all night so don’t forget to seek us out.” The others continued on in a circle.

Admiral Tomlin groaned after his line. “Whew! Been a while since I did that.”

Already the narcotic was having its effect on McCaffrey who was telling Skewes a story. “...6 months. 6 fucking months I was under investigation. Feds couldn’t prove a thing. Yeah, I admit, not all my trades were clean. So what? That’s just the game sometimes. Can’t get me now. Statute of limitations my man! That’s why I’m out the securities game and in real estate. Too many eyes watching me now…” Skewes bobbed his head in as if he were listening but was instead trying to focus on the swing music.

“We meet again later. Pay attention to your phones.” Setsuko said after the last line was inhaled by Admiral Nagasada. They all swiped at the remnants on the tablet glass to rub bits of powder into their gums. Once it was cleaned off the aide took it back and they returned to the party. “Better head back. Booze to drink. Deals to make.” He said to President Mendoza.

The Douglas family had been standing together with Douglas himself enjoying himself to a plate. He took time to savor each bite, going slow and appreciated the different morsels to be had. That was when Alvarado appeared while he sipped on a glass of wine. “A pleasure to see you too Mister Alvarado.” Replied Douglas although the expression on his face told something different. “Yes, this is my family. My wife Kendall and granddaughter, Madison. One of the grandchildren I can tolerate.” Douglas grumbled.

Madison rolled her eyes at this. “Grandpa Eric just likes to be grumpy about us grandchildren. Pleased to meet you sir.” She said and extended a hand.

“Who is this kind man honey?” Asked Kendall who smiled at Alvarado.

“Mister Simon Alvarado.” Answered Douglas blandly.

“Oh! Mister Alvarado! The Chacano Minister of Foreign Affairs. I’m thrilled. My husband talks about work a lot when he gets home. I remember him mentioning you a few times and said many wonderful things.” She lied pleasantly.

“Yes. Many.” Douglas echoed her words blandly. “We did have many productive discussions about the future of Arcologia recently and came to an understanding.” He added further.

“That did put him in a good mood. We’re excited to see what kind of developments will happen in Chaco’s new territories in the coming years. So much promise.” Kendall stated.

Douglas nodded agreement. “We’re organizing developers and investors now. Chaco will have all the resources it needs to turn those backwater islands into something respectable. I think it important that we make those territories a going concern as soon as possible. Tell me, Mister Alvadaro, what are Chaco’s priorities when it comes to development?”

Sarah Wendt left Rackham a bit confused. She had said she was in the Intelligence Corps but currently worked in Procurements. He wondered how the two were related then also thought about how sometimes companies in Novitera would move people around in completely unrelated departments so they could better understand the entire workings of a business. It had to be something like that.

Before he could talk to her further there was this Queimadan who seemed determined to join the conversation and take it in his own direction.

“What, is this for some of the infamous Noviteran nose candy? I’m afraid I’m not familiar with such things, after all the scriptures say “Be not drunk on wine, but on the Holy Spirit” and so it is a thing I am abstemious about…”

“They say that do they? Poetic. I just know it makes me too antsy.” Rackham replied. Before he could talk to her further there was this Queimadan who seemed determined to join the conversation and take it in his own direction.

“For somebody who grew up in a gang neighborhood himself, I find that commendable. Though I did pick up a book...and a gun.” Rackham said to Victor.

“Well, the Holy Empire is not going to become like Novitera necessarily, my dear. There are some things that money will not overcome.” he said, waving a finger with a cheeky expression. “We are, first and foremost, a land of faith and honour.”

“I say all those things are not incompatible if you’re clever enough.” Said Folais. Giselle just looked confused and wondered what Geta meant by. She figured it was a foreign euphemism for something else.

“...I would not want any unnecessary snags, Miss Folais. Bureaucracy...is both a fine support and a bane of existence at once. But a sure guide is like a light in the wilderness, eh?”

Giselle thought his manner of speech interesting and his politeness made her more comfortable in the setting. “That would very kind of you Mister Geta. I most certainly will have difficulty getting my bearings in your country, so different from my own. But I do not want to get in because of who my father is!” She said adamantly.

“Oh don’t worry dear. I’ll make sure it’s all meritocratic.” Folais interjected.

Giselle's mind wandered as she got caught into the tune of the music. "They'll be playing swing music again when there's dancing later won't they?" She asked.
Last edited by Novitera on Fri May 03, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ashab
Spokesperson

Founded: May 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ashab » Fri May 03, 2019 7:47 pm

Ashabis

Kozadeh turned and raised an eyebrow in surprise, not expecting to see the Prime Minister of Chaco so soon. “Mister Prime Minister.” He said in greeting and took Luis’s hand to shake with both of his. “My family is very well. Thank you for asking. My eldest in fact is entering his second year at Detajed Academy and is on track to becoming an officer in the Republican Guards. I cannot wait to see him in a red beret. Tell me, how is yours?”

“Ah, yes, the officer who was so heroic during our...misunderstanding on the Rio Cerdo,” said Hagar with a faint smile. “The officer about whom we have been hearing, your protege.”

Javanai’s face fell for a moment. That was not what was said in Ashab and not what they told him. One of the reasons he did not order a retreat that day was because he thought it could have been the tip of the spear for a larger incursion into Republican territory. A mishap. That whole engagement was a fluke. I knew it! I should have retreated. What a fool I was!

He regained his bearings quickly. “You’ve heard of me?” Javanai said in disbelief, wondering how far the false legend had spread. “Please excuse my manner of speech. I just...well...you are...you are so high ranking a man in a very powerful country. But I am sure every man here would have done no different were they in my position.” He said politely.

“Well, we are not diplomats, but as servant-soldiers of our state, we are glad to avert unnecessary conflict,” said Unwerth.

Zaher grinned deviously. “But soldiers may strangely find themselves dealing with matters of state and diplomacy, do they not? Your revered Perrin for instance. God rest his soul. And now your great King. Well, he is a sailor, excuse me. But a military man nonetheless. It is wise that men of uniform consider these matters should we find the responsibility unexpectedly thrust upon us in the future.”

“Do we?” said Admiral Esarhaddon amiably. “I do not wish to avoid conflict with the Arvo. I am shocked that the Adirans are trying to make peace with them, such savages should be swept from the Earth like the Sodomites.”

“They are not Christian. Perhaps a cleverer man can think of another option besides the stick. I cannot.” Zaher said matter-of-factly. “We have our own problems with heathens in Ashab. Surrounded and outnumbered by them. In time, I would see them broken and remade into worshippers of the one true God. But alas, our current President insists we be lenient.”

“I’m afraid we can be a bit bloodthirsty, General Zaher. But friendship is friendship, and if we are friends, we are true friends.”

He turned to Hagar. “Yes, friends are friends. I just hope your great King remembers who his friends in Ashab are and most importantly...who they could be.” Zaher put the cigar back in his mouth and gave them a satisfied look as if he were pleased they understood him.
Last edited by Ashab on Fri May 03, 2019 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Fri May 03, 2019 8:21 pm

Making their way inside the Adirans paused a moment to take things in. There were already a number of people on the floor milling about.

“Mr. President, we’ll be around,” Fortner said. “Think I’m a bit thirsty after the flight.”

“All right, Paul. Pace yourself though,” Rowan said with a slight grin. Fortner nodded with a sort of insincere smirk while walking with Michelle.

“Don’t work too hard, Mr. President. It’s a party,” Pendergast joked with a smile as he and Martha similarly strolled off in another direction.

“Sound advice from my elders,” Rowan quipped. He thought he saw Martha shoot him an aside glance.

“Look at this crowd. We definitely weren’t the first ones here,” Leslie commented as they made their way inside.

“Wait, is that who I think it is heading our way? Yes, it is,” Rowan said as Gutierrez approached.

“Foreign Minister, finally we meet in person,” Rowan said as though he had really been looking forward to it, offering him a warm handshake and a smile. “And this is—so I’ve been told—my more entertaining half,” he added, gesturing to Leslie.

The First Lady offered Gutierrez her hand. “It’s so good to meet you, Your Excellency.”

“How are you? How is everything?” Rowan asked him.

Fortner and Michelle were walking roughly in the direction of the buffet table when Michelle pointed out one of the Selkie officers. “Is that man wearing an axe?”

“Yeah, he is. It’s ceremonial, don’t worry about it,” Fortner said, his eyes fixing on something.

Michelle appeared and sounded dubious. “Okay…axes though? Are they lumberjacks or Vikings?”

“Well, you should go axe them,” Fortner joked.

Rolling her eyes but smiling in spite of herself, she said “Did you really just…oh, and that man at the buffet has a sword,” she said, pointing to a man in a white robe.

“Yeah, that’s the Shrailleeni Foreign Minister,” Fortner pointed out.

“What? Really?” she said with surprise. “Oh, you’re right. I didn’t recognize him from behind with the whole getup.”

“Getup?” Fortner repeated with a raised eyebrow. “Well, let’s go say hello.”

“Wait, what? Me?” she started to say, but Fortner was already approaching Zattem.

“Foreign Minister Resbruck, I’m glad to see you here,” Fortner greeted him pleasantly in Latin, Michelle on his arm. “This must be quite the occasion for Her Imperial Majesty to be in attendance.”

In another part of the room, after hailing one of the servers for drinks, Pendergast simply said hello to the next person he saw. “Is that Director Takeshi?” he said, approaching casually with a friendly smile. “I don’t think I’ve had the pleasure. John Pendergast,” he said, offering her a handshake and greeting whoever else was with her.

Meanwhile a barrel-chested, full-faced man with white sideburns and leathery skin was arriving. He wore a dark suit that did not fit him perfectly with a bolo tie and a Stetson hat. He seemed a bit nonplussed by the salute from the Cavalry Guards, but stood up straight and said “Er, much obliged.” As Confederate President Emmett Shaw walked inside he gawked like a tourist at the interior. A clean-shaven aide in a more conventional suit accompanied him, and looked like he was continually minding Shaw like a mischievous two year old.

“Well if this ain’t embarrassing I don’t know what is. Simms, why don’t we have one in Cataran?” Shaw asked the other.

“One what, sir?” Simms asked wearily.

“Hotel! Like this one here! Lord knows you city boys up north could afford it,” Shaw said with a wave of his hand.

“I don’t know sir. You could take it up with President Rowan,” Simms replied.

“Ah, I got permission then? Well thank you very much,” Shaw said.

“I didn’t mean…you can do just about anything, just as long as you shake hands with Tolstoy too,” Simms replied.

Shaw scoffed. “Pfft, Tolstoy. He was a damn highway bandit. Still is, far as I’m concerned.”

“Maybe not so loud, sir? This is his country after all,” Simms reminded him, glancing around.

Shaw guffawed loudly. “His country? Tell you what, you watch that Edomite foreign minister. You watch him for a bit you’ll realize Tolstoy don’t talk while he’s drinkin.’ You look real careful and you might even see the strings.”

Shaw approached the Grand Chamberlain, said a few overly-familiar hellos, then made about three steps inside when he stopped dead in his tracks. “What in Sam…” he looked around a moment.

“What, sir?”

““They’re all buck naked! Look at the servants! Aw, geeze, the dudes too!” he said, wincing and pointedly shifting his gaze.

“Yes sir, it’s Edomite custom. I could swear I tried to tell you,” Simms reminded him exasperatedly.

“That ain’t right. No sir, that ain’t right,” Shaw said, shaking his head.

Behind Shaw were several Adiran military officers, who were having their own conversation. One was General Hank Vance, who had overall command of all Army operations in Arcologia since 2016. Vance had close-shaven hair, an average build, and the first hints of wrinkles on his face.

The other two were both Navy, wearing black dress uniforms. Rear Admiral Patrick Franklin was a tall, broad-shouldered, generally hearty fellow. His clean-shaven face always looked rough, and his resting expression seemed to be an involuntary light smile.

Franklin was accompanied by his Flight Operations Officer Captain Susan Haylen, who although she was in her early forties looked at least ten years younger. She had a rosebud mouth, expressive green eyes, and blonde hair pulled back. Her wide hips, toned calves, and overall womanly figure was hinted at in spite of her uniform.

“All right, Hank. We’re clear,” Franklin was saying.

“Only if they bring it up. I think at least one of them will though,” Vance seemed to remind him.

“I want it done as much as you do, trust me,” Franklin said, looking him in the eye.

Vance nodded and made his way inside.

“But first,” he said to Haylen, “No offense to Bill, but I wanna get something to eat that didn’t come outta his freezer.”

“Aye aye sir,” she said enthusiastically with a pretty smile.
In-character name of the nation is "Adiron," because I like the name better.

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Fri May 03, 2019 9:02 pm

Chella

The Mother Empress watched with some intrigue as two young people approached her. They didn't appear like statesmen. The young man was in a suit of the foreign style, but wore several pieces of jewelry which seemed unusual for foreign men. The dress that the young woman was wearing was also in the foreign style, one that stretched the imagination as to its purpose. At a certain point it would simply be more practical to go naked.

But then it was often difficult to tell with foreigners. They could often be quite uncouth and undisciplined, for example few in Shrailleen would suspect most Noviterans capable of diplomacy on first glance (a prejudice that Chella knew to be dangerously misguided).

So she reserved judgement as they approached, and then observed with an inexpressive face as what unfolded was a line of utter babble to her ears.

“Damn girl, you looking fine as fuck, those robes are fly. Where you get something like that? My girl Nadia here could use some classing up. She think she’s hot, and she is, but the girl could use some new things for these classy events. I got to keep my stable presentable. Ya feel me?”

In part to gloss over the fact that she had understood perhaps every other word, Chella did her best to smile and offer a kindly nod.

"Yes, I do not believe that we have been introduced?"

At the same time, she made a subtle hand gesture. In a flash Aryni, who had been glancing over with some suspicion, arrived at her side.

"Some Croutes mother?" she asked in Latin, offering a small plate which Chella accepted. Then she turned to Eduardo and Nadia, looking them up and down in a deliberate way.

"Please excuse me," she said, forcing some politeness.

Zattem

Zattem swallowed a bit of yucca and then beamed at Fortner as if he had just seen an old friend. He did not recognize the woman that he was with, she looked young enough to be the broad-shouldered man's daughter but did not bear much family resemblance.

"Secretary Fortner, a pleasure to see you again. But please, my mother is the Resbruck, you can call me Zattem," he corrected pleasantly. "And I do not believe that I have had the honor of meeting the Lady," he said, bowing to Michelle gracefully.

"It is quite an occasion indeed. It is a time to congratulate our New Edomite allies on the work that they have done for regional stability, and to formally recognize the King-Emperor's new title. Her Enlightened Majesty wished to do so personally, and of course she cares for Queen-Empress Mara as dearly as one of her own daughters."
أدرس اللغة العربية وهي لغة جميلة
Mother of One, Mother of All
Ask Me Anything IC
Come to the Mother's Embrace
New Edom wrote:Elizabeth Salt remarked, "It's amazing, isn't it, you rarely see modern troops that wear their 19th century uniforms and gear so well--they must drill all the time. Is this a guards outfit?"

Sif said to her, "This is a modern Shrailleeni Empire military parade. Like as in this is what they wear, this is what they use. This is it."

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Fri May 03, 2019 10:38 pm

“Don’t look now,” said Tolstoy, nodding in the direction to Count Lalery, “Here’s the President of the Confederate Union of Northern Territories.”

“The what?” demanded Lalery.

Caleb Ahitophel was moving his lips and then guffawed. “Shame on you, Mr. Tolstoy,” he said, wagging a plump finger.

Tolstoy sipped his drink, burying a smug grin. “Send the bastard a naked servant with a drinks tray, a nice jiggly one.”

“Oh for God’s sake,” said Lalery, glancing at the two others and then working it out. “You devil.”

“I aim to please, Minister.” replied Tolstoy.

“Oh for Heaven’s sake,” said Dolores Maccabee, who had just worked it out, flushing and glaring at him.

The group of them politely inclined their heads as the Confederate President went by. As he did, a young waitress, painted with green and yellow millet sheaves, with dark brown hair in neatly arranged waves held back by silver combs from a pretty oval face came approaching him. Though she was in splendid shape like a healthy young beast, sleek of leg, belly and back, her bottom and breasts were bouncy as fruit swaying on a vine as she bowed to Shaw and Simms gracefully, and said, “Champagne, Your Excellencies?” with a charming smile.

Sarah Wendt was charmed as the older man said, “Hmm, those sound-like fine selections.I should find out who makes these little morsels, so that I can serve them when I do fundraisers for the poor in my city. I tell you, fighting for the good of underprivileged children is an uphill battle, but I feel one that needs to be done. Wouldn’t you agree? You see my city of Porto Real has had a sad plague of gangs, but I have recently begun a campaign to encourage literacy among the slums. I am a firm believer that children will choose to pick up books rather than guns if given the choice.”

“For somebody who grew up in a gang neighborhood himself, I find that commendable. Though I did pick up a book...and a gun.” Rackham said to Victor.

Wendt gave Rackham a thoughtful look. She found the younger man charming, for all his swagger she had a good sense for these things, and sensed that he was perhaps not so experienced as he indicated. Her look was almost older sisterly. Suddenly the wine had her flushed, she enjoyed the company of older gentleman, and a high ranking official talking to her in such a friendly way was delightful.

“I’ll make sure that someone gets you some recipes, Your Honour,” she said to the mayor. “They produce menus for such events, and I’m sure they’d be glad to produce a copy for you. But I had heard that under your enlightened rule that your city was progressing magnificently.” Somehow, as Wendt spoke, she had transformed subtly; her lips tilted upwards towards the men she was speaking to, her eyes seemed wide and earnest, the delicacy of her throat emphasized, the female angles of her body suggesting a pretty girl playing in a soldier’s uniform.

The Countess de Carmont took a moment to make certain that she was entirely presentable before entering the gala proper. In a Zianian silk dress of light blue, white heels which snaked up her leg like a charmed serpent and a light load of jewellery, including her ruby ring of office, confirming her position as Comtesse de Carmont. Her face and body looked stunning, both due to her natural beauty and a smattering of makeup, including glitter under her eyes and long, dark lashes. With a slim waist and a full bosom, she was the picture of Gallandic beauty. With a deep breath and a charming smile, she entered the gala.

“You’ll have to excuse me,” said Admiral Esarhaddon, clearing his throat, handing his cigar to a passing waiter, and focusing his dark eyes. “Range to target: 12 meters.”

The senior officer cluster variously chuckled a bit as he walked off. He inclined his head as he approached the countess.

“Excuse me, Madame, I noticed you were unescorted, which astonishes me. Did your evening’s companion abandon you? That is most unfortunate, but I cannot allow such a thing. I am Admiral Esarhaddon.” She would see a dark haired, darkly tanned man with brown eyes, a weathered face, wearing dress naval whites with two rows of medals, a friendly curious expression, carrying with him a scent of aromatic tobacco mixed with scents of wine, fresh soap and recently pressed and cleaned uniform.

“There he goes, the main rival for Shinhusar for being a real paratrooper,” chuckled General Hagar. “You know, skilled at jumping out of ladies’ windows…”

“Really?’ said Unwerth with disapproval. “What happened to senior officers must marry? Come to think of it…” he said, glancing at Hagar.

“We were talking of Captain Javanai, were we not?” said Prince David smoothly. “You’re to be congratulated, captain. Often we are tested but once before…” he seemed a little sad for a moment, “We are found wanting. You have done very well.”

‘Indeed,” said General Hagar. He faced Zazher, “As touching this matter of the Arvo, General, I think they’re worse than mere heathens. They’re savages, they know nothing but murder, rape and thievery. They may appear different then from your Intaki, but I’ve frankly heard that they’re cowardly and lazy to boot. In general, in my experience, the aborigines of Arcologia learn best through their buttocks.”

Geta smiled. “A man cannot serve two masters, Mr. Ambassador. Mammon or Christ? Ultimately before all comes Christ, and between them comes the holy laws of the Empire. I hope I am clever enough to manage the arrangements that make prosperity possible while still being a man of God.”

When Giselle and her father spoke of merit, he held up a hand. “Perish the thought, Miss Folais that anyone should think for even an instant that mere nepotism had paved the way towards your success! The graduate school will be as fierce a testing ground as a battle, believe me!”

When she spoke of the music, he nodded. “There will be a variety of music to dance to. Do you swing, Miss Folais? I am further impressed, with all your hard work, to be a good dancer as well is commendable.”

“Perhaps,” he offered, “You might be kind enough to honour me with a dance, with your father’s permission, of course,” he said, inclining his head towards the ambassador courteously.

Onnonsland
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Onnonsland » Sat May 04, 2019 12:29 am

Selkie

Kayla Urchair of the Tribe of Sligo.

I wanted to add a comment to Captain Trodai about something or the other, something trivial, most likely having to do with the nibbles and what our kitchen on training drives whipped up... not to mention the concoctions Juna cooks up, as someone bumped into my back with a Oompf.
A plate clattered to the ground, I turned around, my eyes filled with rage for a moment...
...until I beheld the woman. She was not pretty in the sense of 'She's going to be in Bicíní's next catalogue!' sort of way, but her face drew attention to it. Not to mention, that she apologized before I could even take in air to berate her.
I let her apologize, speak fully, before I replied.
"No harm done, Miss Raj.", I replied with a small smile, "And no need to rectify anything to me. Just... please be more careful in the future, okay?" I still had a small smile. "If you want, you can join us for a few more nibbles. I'm Cadet Kayla Urchair of the Tribe of Sligo, Naval School of the SDF-Navy." I motioned to the Captain, who watched the proceedings with a small hint of interest in his eyes. "This is my date for tonight, Captain Galen Trodaí of the Tribe of Westmeath, SDFS Maighdean."
He bowed his head. "A pleasure, Miss Raj."
The brevity of his addition was not meant as an offense - he was just not a man for many words.

New Edom

Several others nearby sprang to life, startled by the noise. Lieutenant Gore and Lieutenant Shadrach hurried to make sure the guest was alright. “I’m sure it’s fine, there are servants for this sort of thing, could happen to anyone,” said Gore pleasantly. “Parminder Raj? Forgive me, madame, I’m not familiar with the title…I am Lieutenant Gore, an officer in the Navy of the Holy Empire…”

A nude young man painted with green lily pads and white flowers knelt and another approached with an upright dust pan and a broom, while a young woman painted with roses and green stems and petals knelt with a small mop. Their expressions were calm. Yet another, a young woman with a long piled braid around her delicate head and a key pattern painted around her bare midriff said, “Excellency, there are many distractions. We have the matter in hand.”

“Of course Ms. Urchair,” Parminder said with a smile, “It will be a delight to join yourself and your companion. I was trying to figure out who I should speak with first and you saved me the trouble of having to make the decision.” She then grabbed a drink and held it up, “Cheers to new acquaintances and perhaps even new friends.”

Before she could continue though, the Edomites arrived to investigate the scene of the collision. “I will not hold against you if you are unsure of my title, Lieutenant Gore. It is quite a lengthy one there are not even many back home who use the whole thing.” Parminder’s face was all smile and her voice sweet, “You know Lieutenant, I served some years myself. Not the navy, though my parents’s certainly insisted on it, but the army. 11th Lord Protector’s Dragoons to be exact.” She then nodded at the servants and looked back at Gore. “How about this, next time we have a chance to speak, you can call be captain. It is much less to say than Under-Secretary of Finance for the Council of State by quite a margin.”

“I really must thank all of you for rescuing this clumsy person. Perhaps we can speak in greater depth when time and company allows” She then nodded and turned back to Kayla Urchair and Captain Trodaí.

“Well,” still smiling from her brief exchange with the Edomite naval officer, “I must say that the two of you make a lovely couple. If it is not bold a question, may I ask the two of you met?” Parminder then grabbed a new plate and began to reload it. “Oh, I hope I did not assume too much by calling you a couple. If you are not, then I must make my second apology of the day for assuming.” Parminder took a small bite of some meat, swallowed, and then pressed her lips into a smile once more.

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 17, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Selkie » Sat May 04, 2019 2:35 am

Onnonsland wrote:“Of course Ms. Urchair,” Parminder said with a smile, “It will be a delight to join yourself and your companion. I was trying to figure out who I should speak with first and you saved me the trouble of having to make the decision.” She then grabbed a drink and held it up, “Cheers to new acquaintances and perhaps even new friends.”

Before she could continue though, the Edomites arrived to investigate the scene of the collision. “I will not hold against you if you are unsure of my title, Lieutenant Gore. It is quite a lengthy one there are not even many back home who use the whole thing.” Parminder’s face was all smile and her voice sweet, “You know Lieutenant, I served some years myself. Not the navy, though my parents’s certainly insisted on it, but the army. 11th Lord Protector’s Dragoons to be exact.” She then nodded at the servants and looked back at Gore. “How about this, next time we have a chance to speak, you can call be captain. It is much less to say than Under-Secretary of Finance for the Council of State by quite a margin.”

“I really must thank all of you for rescuing this clumsy person. Perhaps we can speak in greater depth when time and company allows” She then nodded and turned back to Kayla Urchair and Captain Trodaí.

“Well,” still smiling from her brief exchange with the Edomite naval officer, “I must say that the two of you make a lovely couple. If it is not bold a question, may I ask the two of you met?” Parminder then grabbed a new plate and began to reload it. “Oh, I hope I did not assume too much by calling you a couple. If you are not, then I must make my second apology of the day for assuming.” Parminder took a small bite of some meat, swallowed, and then pressed her lips into a smile once more.

Kayla Urchair of the Tribe of Sligo.
When the Edomites arrived, I learned to like Parminder.
Yes, she revealed, that she was an Army-Captain, and even cutting out the almost mythical proportions the rank of 'Captain' had in my culture, both naval and army ones, but she seemed to be well-grounded. And she basically told these arrogant pricks from New Edom, that they should go and fuck themselves.
Oh, I was going to love her!
Even if her assumption brought a distinctive red hue to my cheeks.
"Oh, we aren't... uhm... well...", I began, stuttering, until I felt a calm hand on the small of my back.
"We aren't together in the sense of a love-couple.", Captain Trodai said with calmness, although a small red hue belied it as well, "We are a couple of friends, though. A shared friends father arranged, that we met and..." He showed a small, almost unnoticeable smile, which made my cheeks even redder. "...we hit off well. Wouldn't you agree, Kay?"
"Yes.", I said with a nod, which sent a few of my locks shaking. I looked at Parminder. "No need to apologize, though." I let a beat pass. "Though, the story of how we met is a bit longer then that."

Orestea wrote:"That's, um, that sounds quite remarkarble... T-Tank-Sport? I mean, Tankery, you must mean, like, performance competitions, right?" Coccaro smiled and even chuckled a bit, but the concern was very evident. He wanted to belie Orestea's small military, and the fact that they wouldn't dare use such a precious (to them) commodity like a tank for anything other than the last-ditch defense they were intended for. "You know, uh, poor terrain courses, gunnery, performance, uh... things like... things...

"Oh, Christ, you mean like a competitive sport," he said, the smile abating. The looks on the Selkie faces weren't malicious at all, but they did inform him that he was misunderstanding Sensha-dō. "Forgive my French, but how in the world does that work? Even in Orestea we don't have anything so exotic... but, uh, just thinking about it, the appeal is very obvious."

The Republica De Gran Chaco Quito Roughriders did not fail to impress on their close inspection any less than when Senofonte D'Alessandro was 'reviewing' them himself. Stood up for presentation, they clearly were very professional in their own manner, with high chins, thrust out chests, tight butts; everything necessary to exemplify the posture, and physique needed for such completely legitimate athletes. Senofonte clapped his hands together, learning all of their names. "Oh, signore, you pamper me, you pamper. I am il Presidente della Lega Nazionale di Calcio Orestea; I run the national football, the ah, soccer in my country, and own one of the clubs, Coloniale Unito. As my boys e girls have taken the title this season, I am, eh, the way you say it... pronto a party!"

Senofonte gave out a charming laugh, the kind that insists the volleyball players laugh along with him - but, at least, it's short lived. He steps forward, slapping Pablo on the shoulder in good-natured camaraderie as he points to the remaining drink. "And your brother here, he is right, Pedro, the drinks, they are too small! Life, it is so short, we must relax, e celebrare. You are so lucky to share with your girls, I was not able to bring Coloniale with me, I am so felice to meet a nation, who reward the team, like you do. I say, we go back, for the third glass!"

Fiona Bláth of the Tribe of Wexford.
When Aureliano came to his own conclusions about Tankery, his smile vanished.
The SDF wasn't exactly a large armed force, so maybe it was him thinking, that we were wasting what little precious resources we had and disapproving of that... I, as any other officer of the SDF or Cadet, was used to be from the smallest armed force in the room, a sentiment proven time and time again, especially during military operations, where Coalitions were forming all over the place.
It was apparent, though, that he didn't know the sport.
"Tankery is basically a sport, where two teams of five upwards tanks or armoured vehicles compete against each other in tactical maneuvres, indeed a competitive sport.", I explained, "Usually, those are old vintage tanks, which are reequipped for the sport. We, for example, use the old Faolchu-APC and the Crogall AAV, but other teams are known for using vehicles from even earlier." I took in air. "The competition has many... game modes, so to speak, from deathmatch to capture the flag. The tanks are reequipped in so far, that they are armoured to withstand the shocks of the tankery shells impacting and to fire them in the first place, shells, which have the exact same ballistic properties as real shells, but which can not even penetrate a sheet of paper. Another mode is basically laser-tag with tanks."
I let a beat pass.
"We also make performance competitions, though, but I believe, that's more a thing of our team and a few others, then in general.", I added with a small smile. "A bit exotic, yes, but quite fun, both to watch and as a participant, and not only the competition itself. My gunner, for example, Gwenny, she is in for the friends she made on the team and not for the tanks or for driving them."
I play PT, MT and a bit FT. I am into character-RPs.
My people are called the Selkie, the nation is usually called the Free Lands in MT-settings. Thanks.

Silverport Dockyards Ltd.: Storefront - Catalogue

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates