NATION

PASSWORD

The Yacht and the King (Meillur Only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cinyras
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinyras » Thu May 02, 2019 7:35 am

Enrieta looks over Charlotte once more before finally turning around leading her down the hall. Enrieta, notused to the yacht that not hers nor the King of Cinyras’ made a few wrong turns left and right, but after a few minutes was able to work her way onto the stern deck of the ship it was here that a sleek Martin-Pêcheur, purchased from Gênes, Enríkos’ second favorite type of helicopter after the Ascalon that had been given to him by the Queen Dowager of Kegara, hovering over the yacht, so low that it made the waves of the sea fan out in a white rippling circle.

As Enrieta and Charlotte stepped out onto the deck, Enrieta looked up, her hair blow from the zipping blades, her hands clasped almost as if in pray, a large smile on her face. A rope ladder dropped from the helicopter, swing slightly over the deck, it’s weighted bottom keeping it mostly in place as a young man clad in magenta and black made is way nervously down, a bright red tablet in his hand. As he reached the deck, he jumped down on to its would, revealing it to be none other than Count Iakovos Makas of Magnesia, looking slightly worse for wear with his eyes wide and rings under them, his feathery hair not even done properly as his sandales feet touched down. Dressed in form fitting pink and black trousers with a riot of magenta silk around his waist and pink with black lining jacket that covered only his arms and shoulders, living his front torso entirely expose and with his signature iron jewelry in thin chains looping out from a choker necklace at and around his shoulders.

“Magnesia.” Enrieta said with a smile. “You made it.”

The Count smiled at Mademoiselle de la Vasseurs. She was his favorite mistress of the King. She at least knew his name. “I rushed here as soon as I got your message. I have your-“

“Ooh.” Enrieta snatched the tablet out of Magnesia‘s hand and tapped away furiously at it for a second and then handed it back to the count. “Make sure that all them are here in under an hour.”

The Count stared at the screen for a second as confusion, realization, rage and then finally dumbfoundment. “You... you called he here to organize a party.”

Enrieta shrugged. “More like to organize a little spice to add to an ongoing party.”

“You said it was a National emergency. I had to find a supersonic her to get here! Fleets were scrabbled—“

“Ooh, perfect, tell them to pick up the Georgiades on their way.” Enrieta said nonchalantly.

“You said the King was in danger!” The Count, still with mixed emotions.

“His evening is in danger!” Enrieta protested.

The Count of Magnesia grumbled to himself, something about being too old to deal with some bull, or the other. Never mind the fact that he wasn’t even in his late twenties. He tapped away on the tablet, and the helicopter raised its rope and flew off.

Enrieta gave a slight frown “Don’t forget to call the house in Paphon. They are the closest—”

“I got it, I got it.” The Count grumbled.

“Do you have everything?” Enrieta pried.

“I got it. Less than an hour, spectacular, yeah yeah.” The Count of Magnesia huffed. “I’m not s magician you know, but I will go what can be done. The barge is already en route.”

Enrieta squealed in delight. “Perfect!” Enrieta looked over at Charlotte with a smile, her terror of her gone for the moment. “Yacht party of the Century has a nice ring to it right?”

Les Etats Connuriste
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 31, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Les Etats Connuriste » Thu May 02, 2019 8:13 am

All the pieces finally added together to make sense when the Count of Magnesia went through a range of emotions that Charlotte had only done so a couple of minutes prior, albeit in a slightly different manner - the rage had come before realization for her. But as it dawned on the count that he had been summoned to organise a party, Charlotte was back to all smiles, albeit a kind of sheepish one. She stood quietly as the Duchess and the Count had their back and forth exchange over the specifics of how exactly they were going to crash this party - though to be fair, the host had already partially abandoned it. The Princess certainly didn't feel bad about what King Mark might think of this unplanned development. As Enrieta looked back over to her, and talked about the yacht party of the century, Charlotte felt kind of bad.

"I shouldn't have assumed the worst." she admitted, not really able to look at her straight on. If she had been three drinks in already, she might have even shed a tear - but if she had been three drinks in she probably wouldn't have been ready to explode anyway. "Smirking faces, hushed voices... I don't know, I felt threatened I guess. It was silly."

Cinyras
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Cinyras » Thu May 02, 2019 8:22 am

Mademoiselle de pa Vasseurs face fell.she realized that he had perhaps not acted in the best interest of either one of them. Now that the slight tension between the two women was passed she felt horribly terrible about herself. She walked over Charlotte’s side and put her arms on her shoulders, leaving the Count of Magnesia to organize a fleet of plans by himself. Enrieta gave Charlotte a small smile.

“No, it is my fault. If anyone felt threaten it was me. I’m not exactly great with dealing with other women already I’m afraid. And you have a very, uh, intense air about you. I should have just told you what I was doing immediately but... I think I wanted get a jab at you. Which was wrong if me.”

Mausstyne
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Mausstyne » Thu May 02, 2019 8:46 am

Auriane Riqueti of the caseiculture Riquetis and from the long line of political Marcels, Dowager Princess of Mausstyne’s pearl white Schiavi heels touched down on the deck of the Auroras Light, her shoulder length brown hair blowing slighting in the wind as she walked, phone and purse in hand, in her sky blue Jean-Claude Daucourt cocktail dress, a converted tiara made into a dazzling necklace around her neck.

Behind Princess Auriane was her cousin-in-law, Axel Peltier, son of Princess Pauline of Mausstyne and telecommunications tycoon David Peltier. The fiery haired Axel was dressed in a blue Daucourt blazer, white shirt and blue shorts with a Brucato belt and tailor made slipons. On his wrist glittered a Zafan XI watch from a special collection piece in honor of his grandfather, Prince François IV, of which there were only six in the world.

The two walked one after another looking around as they made their way towards the ballroom, as when in doubt, following the music.

Les Etats Connuriste
Diplomat

Anarchy

Postby Les Etats Connuriste » Thu May 02, 2019 8:58 am

Charlotte was glad that Enrieta seemed quick to forgive. This kind of situation was exactly why she put up the walls of cold and disinterested professionalism most of the time - it was key to not let herself get distracted by feelings at work - and away from that, especially with her favorite sister, the defences were left somewhat down.

"You're fine." Charlotte reassured Mademoiselle de la Vasseurs. "I don't really do trusting other people very much, like I'm just waiting for people to prove why I shouldn't trust them anyway."

She sighed and chuckled. What could she really do except laugh. It was kind of funny how she had almost gone from zero to a hundred over nothing, but only kind of.

"Do you want to go back, drink, and forget all about it?"

Polonge
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Thu May 02, 2019 9:02 am

Kitti curtsied to Enríkos, a smile pulling at her lips at his sweet words. Her eyes looked over him, enraptured by the striking figure that he cut in the room. She had known that he had looks but she was surprised by his graciously friendly manner of speaking to her.

“You may call me Kitti, Your Majesty.”

She bit her lip slightly as she looked at him. Or whatever he wanted to call her honestly.

Cinyras
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Cinyras » Thu May 02, 2019 9:19 am

Enríkos looked at Kitti thoughtly, looking deeply into her brown eyes. How striking. Definitely an 8. Now this was a woman who knew exactly what it is that she wanted, he could tell just from the way that her eyes devoured him. He was quite used to getting such looks, and he rather enjoyed it. There was also something lingeringly familiar about her.

“I have always loved cats, kittens are so adorable.” Enríkos said teasingly, taking Kitti by the hand lifting her up out of the curtsy. “Wouldn’t you agree?”

Meanwhile on the stern deck, Enrieta nodded in agreement with Charlotte. She was glad at how quickly their turn around was going. She glanced at Magnesia, who was now on his found arguing over how fast a shipment of mineral water could be air lifted from Koarry. Enrieta décide that he had this handled.

“That sounds like a great idea. But I think you’ll what to pace yourself. Tonight is going to be a night you won’t ever want to forget.”

Enrieta de la Vasseurs smirked as she lead Charlotte back to where they’d come from, no longer a complete stranger to the halls of the yacht.

Greater Monera
Secretary

Founded: Apr 26, 2019
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Greater Monera » Thu May 02, 2019 9:22 am

Mark nodded with a smile and said “We do indeed, which kind would you like my lady?

He had felt a red flag go off in his mind, it seemed odd that she would have random coughing fits all of a sudden. However he had no hard evidence to work off of, so he kept his concerns well hidden and to himself.

Cinyras
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Cinyras » Thu May 02, 2019 9:41 am

Enrieta smiled as she and Charlotte ran into Princess Auriane and Mr. Peltier. She pulled out her phone and messaged the Count of Magnesia. They really needed to get someone to man the arrival deck with the King of Monera having seemingly disappeared with Princess Estelle. Probably off making love below deck or something of that nature. All the better for both groups.

“Ah, you must join us for drinks, please, right this way.”

Enrieta de la Vasseurs said, waving the two newest guests to follow her.

Polonge
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Thu May 02, 2019 9:46 am

Kitti nodded a shiver being sent down her body at Enríkos’s touch as she absent-mindedly took a step towards the king, a likely intoxicating smell drawing her forward, one she was familiar with from trips to E-dens in Racraigua. The smell of enrikosvilla. She thought it interesting how it came off of its namesake. Her heart beat was raised slightly and she suddenly felt a bit warmer as she was locked in Enríkos’ gaze.

“I entirely agree Your Majesty. Animals can be so adorable.”

Rhine-East Berlin
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhine-East Berlin » Thu May 02, 2019 9:52 am

Estelle pulled the few flying strands of her dark her hair from her face, feeling very warm despite the wind. The spray helped to clear the air and cooled her off, though it felt like an internal heat for some reason.

“I’m fine with anything. I am open to see what your nation has to offer.”

Greater Monera
Secretary

Founded: Apr 26, 2019
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Greater Monera » Thu May 02, 2019 10:08 am

Mark smiled and said “I will be back shortly then my lady”

He then went off, making his way to the drinks in the ballroom, and poor a glass of N’kan Vodka, a vodka flavored with a small dose of grape juice, while also pouring a glass of his favorite honey bourbon. He then took the two glasses and made his way back to princess Estelle, with a hope she would enjoy the glass of vodka.

Les Etats Connuriste
Diplomat

Anarchy

Postby Les Etats Connuriste » Thu May 02, 2019 10:08 am

"Should I even ask what specifically you all have planned? Or should I just wait and see the surprises for myself." Charlotte asked Enrieta. The so-called yacht party of the century, the Count and his huge guest list, something about a barge... it sounded like potential. On the way back to the ballroom they ran into some more new arrivals, not that Charlotte really knew who they were. A red headed man with a fancy watch was one of them, though she wasn't sure if that was a natural colour or not. The Princess of Connuriste was a blonde by nature, but she liked the red as it set her apart from the rest of her family, not to mention it seemed a fitting colour for a woman with a short fuse. The other was a well dressed brown haired woman wearing sky blue, kind of like her sister who was also a brunette who had settled on a sky blue outfit.

Mausstyne
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Mausstyne » Thu May 02, 2019 11:39 am

Axel looked at his fellow redhead, he was a natural one, and though his brown haired cousins teased him about it, he always felt that it made him more unique than the usual dull brown that so many had, after all redheads were becoming more and more of a rarity.

“Hello.” He said, speaking with a Mauss accent (a mixture of French and German). “Nice to meet you.”

Princess Auriane’s eye was immediately caught by the King of Cinyras. Auriane had been planning to attend the party anyway, but when she saw on her social media that he was hear, she simply had to come. However at the moment he was talking to another woman, Auriane decided to speak with the shorter woman who resembled the redhead head.

“How are you?”

Les Etats Connuriste
Diplomat

Anarchy

Postby Les Etats Connuriste » Thu May 02, 2019 12:22 pm

"Pleasure to meet you." said Charlotte to Axel, finding her drink where she had left before she had rushed out after Enrieta de la Vasseurs. "I'm Charlotte." she added, waiting for him to introduce himself so that she might know what to call him. If she learned that, it might jog her memory and she could realise who he was, but that wasn't all that likely considering she had never really heard of his country.

Crown Princess Emily was relieved to see the return of her sister and Mademoiselle de la Vasseurs both in one piece and looking happy, and although she was still slightly confused what the King of Cinyras had been up to, she knew that for Charlotte to be back and not have murdered his royal mistress that she must be satisfied with whatever plan was in motion, and in a few minutes would no doubt have her chance to learn it from her sister. A brown haired woman wearing a dress of the same colour as her own then approached her, asking how she was.

"I'm good thank you, how about yourself?"

Mausstyne
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Mausstyne » Thu May 02, 2019 1:47 pm

Axel put a hand to his chest in greeting. “I’m Axel, from Mausstyne, it’s a little dot on the corner of the globe. It is a pleasure to meet you Charlotte as well. And how are you doing on this lovely evening?”

Dowager Princess Auriane responded to her fellow brunette, trying to place her name. She should have brought an aide-de-camp to whisper into her ear who was who for those she couldn’t remember.

“I am doing lovely. I heard that there was a party in the southern sea and I just had to drop by. One gets rather tired of snowy mountains in Mausstyne.”

Cinyras
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Cinyras » Thu May 02, 2019 2:26 pm

Enríkos smiled brightly at Kitti upon hearing of her own appreciation of animals. He really did love animals, it was one his greatest passions aside from himself and women.

"I have always had such a great love for animals. I have an entire zoological garden being built on one of my estates back home, a place where people can view and study them, but without the animals having to be in cages or tiny enclosures. I was recently given a trio of Dattan elephants from the Queen Dowager of Tabia, though they were trained beforehand, they absolutely getting to stomp around. And one of them is already pregnant, so there will soon be a fourth one, isn't that great? On and you should see my guereza monkeys, they are so cute."

Enríkos eyes lit up, he had collected several dozen exotic and not so exotic species of animals in his travels across the globe and this reminded him to remember to find out what cool creatures Monera had to offer.
Last edited by Cinyras on Thu May 02, 2019 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Les Etats Connuriste
Diplomat

Anarchy

Postby Les Etats Connuriste » Thu May 02, 2019 2:37 pm

"I am doing well, I suppose." replied Charlotte, neglecting to mention that she had just been one wrong response away from assaulting a Duchess of Cinyras. Axel did not need to know that. Neither did many other people here, but she imagined Enrieta might tell other Enrieta and Enrikos about it all, and of course Charlotte herself would recount the tale to her sister. "Mausstyne is not a little dot I am familiar with. What is it like?" she asked, making conversation.

Emily nodded understandingly, she could see how the southern seas made an attractive proposition for mountain dwellers.

"I had thought this might be more of a casual diplomatic event, but with Enrikos seemingly taking over the hosting duties... a good party is probably more likely than not." She looked over at the King as she mentioned his name, who unsurprisingly was involved in speaking to another of the new female arrivals.

Mausstyne
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Mausstyne » Thu May 02, 2019 3:11 pm

Auriane followed Emily's eyes back over to the King of Cinyras who was speaking animatedly with some other woman still. Her heart skipped a beat. The dowager princess was a loyal subscriber to all magazines that featured Enríkos, and she had been waiting for an opportunity to meet him in real life. He was even more dazzling to look on in the flesh than she could have ever imagined. He looked so amazing, especially with such a bright and geniunely happy smile on his face.

"He is so handsome isn't he?" Auriane half asked Emily. "If only my François had looked like that."

Axel chuckled a bit, liking Charlotte efficient sense of humor.

" Well it's cold and mountainous, but it is gorgeous in its own little way. We are currently putting a lot of work to try and protect the glaciers that sit on the mountains, though I am afraid that a great deal of them have struck, and some have disappeared all together."

Les Etats Connuriste
Diplomat

Anarchy

Postby Les Etats Connuriste » Thu May 02, 2019 3:44 pm

"Yes... yes he is." Emily found herself commenting almost automatically. She felt ever so slightly not quite herself, and she was pretty sure she couldn't quite pin it on just Enrikos alone. She had seen him in the flesh before, and she had never visualised the kind of things she was doing so now. Maybe she had let his earlier words to get to her, but even then, he was still the epitome of a total manslut, which just wasn't her thing. She resolved to keep those visualisations purely to herself, and instead use them as her template for making her own boyfriend a very happy man when she returned to Lausanne. With some slight effort she pulled her eyes away from him and back to Auriane. "He's not exactly the complete package though." she said, not wanting to get too carried away.

Charlotte nodded, cold yet gorgeous in its own way could easily have been a description of herself, or so several people had said things to similar effect. She felt that the environmental protections were a noble and commendable goal, but they hadn't exactly been super effective for the past several decades.

"If my brother Will were here, he would be the one you would want to talk about the environment with. He has an affinity for nature, like the oceans and the animals and even the valleys and forests. Unfortunately, with countries looking towards the stars, he thinks some have decided that our planet is all too replaceable."

Mausstyne
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Mausstyne » Thu May 02, 2019 5:01 pm

Auriane looked at Emily with a look that, to an outside observer may have been lead to believe that Auriane had just watched Emily kick a puppy. And as far Auriane was concerned, she might as well have, speaking ill, evening such a round about way about the Dowager Princess of Mausstyne’s celebrity crush in her presence. Auriane blinked, confused.

“Why exactly would you say that?”

Axel nodded is head listening to Charlotte. She did, perhaps subconsciously remind him of a glacier, perched on the side of a stony mountain, uncaring and unbiased in the path it carved through the stone, majestic, and jet a force that could not be combatted, not as once, but could be chipped away, slowly.

“I fear so many fail to realize that majority of the human do not live in space and have no intention of ever moving to some terraformed rock lightyears away. Our own planet, our home planet, should be protected and maintained.”

Les Etats Connuriste
Diplomat

Anarchy

Postby Les Etats Connuriste » Thu May 02, 2019 5:24 pm

Emily found herself momentarily on the back foot, previously unaware she was dealing with a fangirl ; a professional admirer. There was a lot she felt she could list to explain her perspective, but it was a matter of choosing which ones to say and how exactly to say them.

"Well, for starters, he could be taller." she began quietly. "And he doesn't exactly understand subtlety, does he?" She imagined what it would be like if someone ever tried to introduce him to their parents, and grinned.

"Oh, I agree with the sentiment." Charlotte told Axel, taking more sips of her wine which helped propel her to be talkative. It wasn't as if it was a particularly common opinion that the environment should be deliberately harmed and exploited. "Most people just have priorities that come before it, selfish interests of their own to protect and maintain. Everyone thinks somebody else will do something about it, kind of like the washing in the kitchen of a student house."

Mausstyne
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Mausstyne » Thu May 02, 2019 6:45 pm

Auriane scoffed, finding Emily’s critics weak and uninspired.

“Four extra inches off the top from the ‘idealized’ height is nothing. At least he has given a proud model of the actual average height of a man and not further propaganda for some silent elitist group that some women dictate.”

Auriane smirk thinking fondly on some of her less than publicly proper purchases.

“Besides, he more than makes up for it elsewhere. As for subtly, in a world of emotionally repressed men who can’t get their true feelings across, it is nice to for at least to be rather up front about it. Or would you rather a quiet one who you can never get a straight answer out of, if you get one at all?”

Axel nodded his head in agreement with Charlotte’s analogies.

“I don’t mind people selfish, it is a common state among humans. People move mountains for selfish reasons. I would just think that staying alive would be enough for that selfishness to be used for some greater good.”

Les Etats Connuriste
Diplomat

Anarchy

Postby Les Etats Connuriste » Thu May 02, 2019 8:18 pm

Emily wondered if she had inadvertently struck a nerve. She smiled sweetly and disarmingly, hardly wishing to get worked up about some comments that were so inconsequential. She had experience in dealing with people who took things so seriously, and found it was better if she didn't drag herself to that level in response with them. Keep it light and smiley and not so serious and people might be less inclined to take things to heart quite so strongly. God, it was almost as if she had said Enrikos was really really ugly and no one would touch him with a ten foot pole - or so Aurianne's reaction would have made you think so. Did she have such a short memory to have forgotten seeing Emily look at Enrikos and agree that he was indeed a handsome man literally one minute ago?

"Well, if he has something to make up for... if he's not quite the 'ideal' in every single little minor insignificant context... then I'm not wrong, am I?"

That was what the 'complete package' meant, it was about perfection. And perfection was never objective.

"This a party, don't be such a downer." she advised, concealing a smirk as she drank more wine from the glass. Auriane could definitely do with some alcohol of her own and chilling out a little, like Charlotte had.

--

"Ha, yeah, you would think." responded Charlotte. "But is it not the nature of selfishness for people to forget making sacrifices for the benefit of everyone, so they can benefit themselves by living how they please? An issue so large and complex takes collective action, and as much as we might want to, we can't force everyone to be on the same page. Mausstyne might be working to protect their glaciers, but what can Mausstyne do about environments outside of their jurisdiction halfway across the globe?"

Mausstyne
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Mausstyne » Thu May 02, 2019 9:43 pm

It was Auriane’s turn to be taken a back, shocked by what could only be described by her as passive aggressive behavior. It was so condescending, and to come from this youngling, this little brat. How insufferable. Auriane has never been so mistreated in her life. Did she not know who she was? Auriane smiled pleasantly.

“You’re right. It is a party. I think I shall go get a drink.”

With that the Dowager Princess turned away from Emily and walked off to go find herself a drink, determined that she would never speak to the Crown Princess of Connuriste ever again.

Axel shrugged his shoulders.

“For the moment, nothing. But perhaps, on day, we will be able to convince everyone else. Progress is slow and we are running out of time, but that is, for the moment, all we can do.”

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates