NATION

PASSWORD

BVC | 4th Mehlodhivestoile 2019 | Britonish National Final

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019: The Grand Final

Postby Britonisea » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:00 pm

Live Coverage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019. LIVE from Machievelihe, Britonisea with your hosts Elias Auvergne-Lancey and Ella Estelle.

Click here to vote

It was time for the moment that everybody has been waiting for - the Grand Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019! For Britons, it had been a two-week break since they last saw Vha Mehlodhivestoile on their screens, while countries around the world opted to show the Battle Stages a week on delay in order to not clash with the WorldVision Song Contest. Despite the hype for the WorldVision Song Contest around the world, many people in Britonisea were watching Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019 instead of WorldVision - with the nation performing the worst it has done since the 65th WorldVision Song Contest (but performed much better than the nation expected to place) - seven editions ago. With 9.90 million watching Vha Mehlodhivestoile compared to WorldVision 72’s 8.78 million, Vha Mehlodhivestoile scored their highest rating for a Battle Stage so far, with it being over 1.6 million more watching than the year before. The viewership increase was possibly because of the exciting deadlock after the Darkmanian Jury revealed their points and, of course, the general disapproval of Eva Almast representing Britonisea once again (thank God she did well then!)…

From 25 songs, we are left with a total of 10 songs which will compete for the chance to represent Britonisea at the WorldVision Song Contest (alongside receiving a grand total of 150,000 BPS in their pocket) or the chance to represent Britonisea at the World Hit Festival (with a sum of 50,000 BPS). Both amounts were eye-watering, especially the winning amount, which could definitely push an artist’s career forward and clear most of their worries for the year. The question on everyone’s lips was...who was going to get it? The 2019 Grand Final has provided more confusion that any Grand Final in the past. In 2016, it was clear that it was the battle of the queens - Mini Surrey North and Rigas Jengiz. In 2017 it was clear that it was the battle of the kings - Dean Boyst and Mehkl Maddox Ajax (with Etela Tomac’s rising to the top too) and in 2018, anybody would have guessed the top four. This year, however, every song has a chance of winning. The Britonish Public is totally divided on their favourite songs. Even the International Jurors themselves have not expressed unity in their favourite songs. This was set to be the most exciting Grand Final yet!

Tonight, we were in the Gyron Arena in Machievelihe. It was the first time that Vha Mehlodhivestoile came to Machievelihe. The Gyron Arena was responsible for hosting the 57th WorldVision Song Contest which saw Togonistan win the contest with 135 points - 30 points clear of Britonisea’s second place Mello Cinde. 26,000 people packed into the Gyron Arena for what is expected to be a fun and exciting evening, celebrating Britonish culture. It was 20:00 Britonish Time. For the final time this year, Vha Mehlodhivestoile’s tune played as the arena plunged into darkness and millions of screens around the Multiverse showed Vha Mehlodhivestoile’s indent.

THE OPENING ACT
Taron Woods - "Cy Ecouto Teuten Vokse (I Can Hear Your Voice)"
Tune : Nassi - "Rêves de gamin (Official Video)"
Music: Taron Woods Lyrics: Taron Woods

As per tradition, the winner from the year before would open the Grand Final. Indeed in 2017, it was Mini Surrey-North who did this and in 2018 it was Mehkl Maddox Ajax. As a way to carry on this tradition, it was the turn of Taron Woods to do the same. Taron Woods’ song, “Cy Ecouto Teuten Vokse” remains as the last Britonish WorldVision Song Contest entry to have won. The song is also still in the top 100 - despite it being a whole year and two weeks since his win. Gaining platinum in all the countries in ABEN as well as doing well around the multiverse, Taron’s song is a highly favourtised Vha Mehlodhivestoile winner. Taron has released the song in multiple languages. Of course, the main version of “Cy Ecouto Teuten Vokse” is English and Britonish, but a separate English, Britonisea and French version has been made - all of which being popular in the different areas of Britonisea where those languages are spoken widely.

ENGLISH LYRICS
These are the official English lyrics. Themes and Ideas have been kept, but there may be a few grammatical differences to make the song make sense in the English language.

I had never stopped thinking about you
For Days and days since you left here
Although you were no more, in
my heart you lived on and on.
I knew that you would come back,
That you would have a lot to say...
So sit and tell me what you want to say!

But you are whispering my name,
Your voice is what I hear.
Are you the one calling for me?
Or am I being deceived again?
Come here, next to me - right here!
And speak closely to my ear.
Speak louder, raise your voice to me,
Let your voice be heard.

I once saw my path clear,
Now I cannot think straight.
Don't know where I'm going,
Could you tell me my path?
Cuz of you my hands start to shake,
And my heart is about to break.
Per tandemme cy ecouto teuten vokse!

Can’t you believe what I’ve become?
It’s been years since you left me here,
I told you that I’d reach the top –
A promise that I have kept dear.
I do believe that it was you,
Deep down inside me, helping me.
So what is it that you think you need to tell me?

I’ve worked tirelessly night and day,
To keep my mind and all thoughts sane.
“Distracted my mind from failure,”
A saying that you’d used to say.
Now you’re telling me I’m wrong,
Tell me why you’ve waited so long!
Perhaps it was a mistake you came to speak to me.

Can you tell me my path?

So here we are – you’ve got your chance to speak.
Cuz I’ve waited, I really want to know.
Please tell me what I am doing wrong, tell me.
Don’t be scared to disappoint me as I won't be sad.

(Ahhh teuten vokse, I can hear your voice)

Taron Woods stood at the back of the stage ready for the song to begin.The audience cheered with excitement before eventually dying down - eager for the performing from the reigning champions. As the song started, the lights went crazy in the arena, flickering on and off. It was a long shot, the first camera shot of the performance, really capturing the sheer size of the stadium and the stage that was built. Right before he was about to sing, there was a sound which suddenly got louder. The lights responded by going faster but by the time Taron sang his first syllable, a single spotlight focused on the man. He turned around and started his performance....

Na nootais penseux boute teis
A daus œ daus desde levté hue
Aspeche teis von visé - on
Ma corghv livité en œ en
Knowledgré vhav cy conmte reqouile
Vhav cy hacte in pluste speakear
Zy sitete œ tellulote que desite speakear!

During that last verse, he delighted the public to the language which is starting to get a nod in the Britonish music industry after its recent success. Taron had hoped that he would sing the song fully in Britonish, but under the circumstances he was faced with, he decided that he would sing in both Britonish and English - the best of both worlds, he guessed. He slowly moved forwards as he started singing, with the camera also slowly retrograding. He looked deep in to the microphone and he sang along to the backing track of his song. The staging was the single spot light at the start before he began to sing the next verse.

In the minor pause between the two verses, giving him a chance to breathe, the two dancers - who were with him during the World Hit performance - appeared on the stage, each side of him. They came up behind him as though they were on the floor and they slowly curved their bodies upwards. As he sang, "teiston", there was a sudden change in the colours that featured on the huge screen behind him, with it turning to red and grey distorted waves - giving his performance a quite electric vibe to it. Some of these effects were also added to the camera itself, with the viewers at home, or watching on the huge screens around the arena, being treated to the camera changing from normal colourisation to black-and-white, red monochrome scale before switching right back to the normal colour. At the time, he was still moving forwards, with his two dancers walking side ways, switching sides with one another.

Per teiston schepreux mon nombre
Teuten vokse os que ecouto
Ton teis v'iñe cellueux et?
Ou tam eis beux devilte opet?
Conmte hue, ger a et - rachteé hue!
Oe speakete cluzir a ma yir
Speak louder, raise your voice to me,
Let your voice be heard.

The English section of the whole song had finally come up, and the relief on Taron's face as he started to sing in English was one that you could capture. As he did start to sing in English, he raised his arm right behind his ear - in a cusp position - slowly leaning towards the camera as he sang "Speak louder". The two dancers that were behind him also followed the same action as Taron, putting their hands behind their ears. The camera focused on them, but as the chorus came up, the camera quickly zoomed in on the three men on the stage. The audience suddenly cheered very loudly as the chorus was coming up.

There was a shot facing directly downwards on the three men that were on the stage. The two dancers, who were slightly behind Taron, both put their nearest hand to Taron on his shoulder, behind moving around in a circle. As the chorus proceeded, the camera from the top got closer and closer. There were some projections on the stage floor that were shown as the camera gained ground on the stage floor. Taron focused his attention on the large crowd before the very explosive dance break that was about to come up.

The Britonish line which is the title of the song, "Cy Ecouto Teuten Vokse", was sang loudly in to the microphone by the Briton. After he sang it, the stage quickly went dark. The camera quickly shot to a wide angle of the stage. In the very small, quick lead up in to the dance break. The white lights in the arena all flickered on and off (similar to the start of Sweden 2012). That wide shot slowly moved from the right side of the left side before another camera followed under it, quickly zooming in to Taron Woods and his two dancers. The stage's huge LED wall was bursting out colours, flickering red and grey at each bang of the bass in the background.

Taron was bopping side-to-side during the dance break which the dancers copied, though very exaggeratedly. This only lasted for around 8 before the dancers slowly jumped out of the position that they were in, behind Taron, before picking up the pace of their dancing, street dancing, though showing that they were dancing in emotional pain, owing to the lyrics that were being sung. The camera, during this bit, would change every four seconds, zooming in and out on the action, coming from far away and near by. Right before the verse coming up started, the camera on the dolly track was the last one used and stopped as the dance break did. All you could see, if you were watching at home, was Taron standing on the stage from a lower angle.

The dancers came back in to shot as there was a midshot, which slowly moved out. The staging had drastically calmed down from how it once was, with it only showing one plain colour - a dark rouge. As the verse was sung, the dancers slowly moved forwards with one hand on the elbow of the other arm. The free hand on each of the dancer was clicking along to the music.

Can’t you believe what I’ve become?
It’s been years since you left me here,
I told you that I’d reach the top –
A promise that I have kept dear.
I do believe that it was you,
Deep down inside me, helping me.
So what is it that you think you need to tell me?

The LED did not really change during the course of that verse, and that might be because this performance isn't that much focused on the LEDs performance. Taron stopped smiling as he started to sing this verse as be started to feel the pain in the lyrics he was singing. Relating back to the lyrics, he would do certain actions like, "you" was pointing towards the camera, whereas "inside" he held his hand towards his chest. The dancers had also reached Taron by the time the verse was half way through.

During this bit, coming up, Taron got down on the floor with very rigid movements. He firstly got down with one knee on the stage floor, and the other one up (so marriage proposal stance), before proceeding to get down by putting both his knees on the stage floor. The dancers followed his movements a few seconds behind him, doing this in canon. There was a camera shot of the top of the stage, similar to the shot earlier on in the performance. The projection showed a picture of pictures, though the face on these pictures were not clearly identifiable. This was the case for both dancers who were all on their knees around the centre of the stage.

I’ve worked tirelessly night and day,
To keep my mind and all thoughts sane.
“Distracted my mind from failure,”
A saying that you’d used to say.
Now you’re telling me I’m wrong,
Tell me why you’ve waited so long!
Perhaps it was a mistake you came to speak to me.

Taron jumped up, pointing straight in to a steadicam as it swept it's way across the stage. He then ran, looking up in to the large arena lights - still singing. He said the last bit of that verse as though he was angry at somebody, at something. The lights twinkled behind him, though this was hardly noticeable for those watching the television or screens around the arena.

Can you tell me my path?

Taron Woods was quite exhausted by this point, but he knew that it was all worth-it, and so he carried on singing to the best of his ability. He sang the Britonish line was again before raising his hands high up in to the air, spinning on the spot. There was a camera that circled around Taron, going in the opposite direction, making it look as though he was going faster than he was actually going. The dancers then disappeared leaving Taron on the stage by himself.

The bridge section had finally come. He stopped spinning before looking straight in to the camera with passion. A steadicam came on the stage and zoomed it's way up towards Taron.

So here we are – you’ve got your chance to speak.
Cuz I’ve waited, I really want to know.
Please tell me what I am doing wrong, tell me.
Don’t be scared to disappoint me as I won't be sad.

The final bit was here, one last push. He looked out in to the audience, with a smile slowly growing on his face. The dancers quickly made there way back on to the stage mimicking the movements that Taron was doing.

(Ahhh teuten vokse, I can hear your voice)

Taron let out a huge “THANK YOUUUUU!” before the Britonish audience erupted in noise, cheering for their man. Taron Woods was adored in Britonisea and he could certainly feel the love tonight, drying his damp eyes from the emotion he felt from the welcoming Machievelihian audience. A camera soared across the 26,000 people in the arena as Taron Woods walked away from the stage - we would have an interview with Taron Woods during the interval act. Suddenly as Taron walked off of the stage, a remake of Togonistan’s winning song from the 57th WorldVision Song Contest, Tremendous - “My Life” played. The tune was very familiar to Machievelihans, with a huge cheer being heard over the song. It was time for the Parade of Acts. The Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019 stage was dark but as soon as the lone piano started to play, we started to see black and white videos of the 10 acts of the Grand Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019. 22 seconds into the song, everything flashed white. Dancers swanned on from every corner of the stage. A shot from the end corner of the stage showed everything happening. For the second time, the tone of the song changed. There was a voiceover (01:03)…

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WELCOME TO VHA MEHLODHIVESTOILE 2019 - THE GRAND FINAL. YOU ARE IN FOR WHAT PROMISES TO BE AN UNFORGETTABLE EVENING OF ENTERTAINMENT.

NOW. PLEASE WELCOME TO THE STAGE, YOUR VHA MEHLODHIVESTOILE 2019 FINALISTS!"

As the song hit 01:37, the 10 finalists of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019 started to come on the stage via the catwalks. First, it was Laila Khan who stepped up on the left catwalk. A steadicam focused on Laila as she smiled into it and passed it. We then went over to the right catwalk, with automatic finalists - Giselles - walking towards the Steadicam, they both walked past the camera - waving in to it. We then cut back to the left catwalk - it was the turn for Alyxhia Willis to strut her stuff. She blew a kiss into the camera. The audience cheered loudly for the woman who represented us at WorldVision Song Contest 67. Next up on the right...Jun-iči Hoch & Ekkehard Liinamaa...who were both still buzzing about their qualification from the very intense second battle. The audience cheered for the boys as Daria Calic stepped on to the catwalk on the left again. The audience cheered loudly for her as she proudly walked past the steadicam and looked into it with readiness to slay the stage. The camera cut back to the right, it was time for act number six to walk on the stage - Autumn. Their rocky vibe stays with them even when they’re not singing. They made angry ready-for-war faces at the camera before walking past them. The only male soloist of the Grand Final, George Alleyne jumped up on the stage as the camera shot to the left again. George smirked towards the camera before flexing. The audience cheered loudly as he passed the steadicam, walking with confidence. Next on the stage to the right was act number eight, Zoe Wilkinson - the youngest tonight. She walked on the stage twirling her hair. She was chewing a piece of gum which she blew. The cameras then cut to the left of the stage as the penultimate act of the evening walked on the stage - it was Stacy Lekker. She smiled into the camera as she walked past it. For her, her eyes was on the prize. We cut, for the final time, to the last participant of the evening. Rochelle Fox’s make-up looked fierce. She sassily walked on the stage, looking into the camera - she didn’t smile, she only showed the audience her poker face. At around 02:25, the voiceover came back again;

"AND NOW FOR YOUR HOSTS, ELIAS AUVERGNE-LANCEY AND ELLA ESTELLE!"

The powerful duo walked on the stage from the main section on the main stage. A camera showed the both of them walking. As the camera zoomed out, the finalists for this year’s Grand Final were all stood in a line. There was a space in the middle of the finalists for Elias Auvergne Lancey and Ella Estelle to walk through and both of them did. The ten acts all stood in a still pose as the lights flashed dramatically. The pyros around them were going crazy. The music calmed down quickly before the two stood slightly in front of the acts.

Ella Estelle: Now how was THAT for an opening for Vha Mehlodhivestoile Grand Final?!

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: That was the real deal - a much needed revamp for opening such a fantastic show such as this one!

The audience cheered loudly and proudly for Elias Auvergne-Lancey and Ella Estelle as they looked at each other. A camera from a far shot the arena cheering before we returned to a clsoer shot.
Ella Estelle: Welcome everybody to the Grand Final of Vha Mehldohivestoile - the fourth Grand Final of Britonisea’s biggest television show! I am your co-host, Ella Estelle.

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: And I am Elias Auvergne-Lancey and we will be bringing you through the evening. It is going to be a fantastic evening of music and it all starts now.

Ella Estelle: Tell the audience why!

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: Because...the VOTE IS NOW OPEN!

The cameras zoomed out as the arena lit up. The audience responded to the opening of the votes emphatically. The below picture showed up on the screen. The acts all walked off of the stage at this point.

The Grand Final Voting is Open: Tonight, ten acts will be fighting for the chance to represent Britonisea at the WorldVision Song Contest 73 or World Hit Festival 45. The hosts were about to go through all the regulations that everyone is now used to.

Ella Estelle: This is the Grand Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019. Any vote that you send will be going towards the act that you want TO WIN the contest. Forget anything about qualifying - this is the real deal.

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: You guys are probably used to me saying this, but I am about to say it once more for you. You can vote via the Mehlodhivestoile 2019 app, or you can vote by calling 0141 2340 22 and the number of when your act is performing. You can also vote by texting "WIN" by texting 623 22 and then the number of your favourite act. For example, if you wanted to vote for act 1, it's 0141 2340 2201. Calls and texts cost 20p plus a service charge which is dependent on your provider.

Ella Estere Ask for the bill-payers permission, y’all! You don’t want to get into trouble with anybody. We live in a society where it’s all about consent! Also, please remember that one telephone vote or text vote is equal to four app votes. You heard me right! You might be spending more to send a text or call us up - but they’re much more valuable!

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: On the app, you will gain 20 free votes that you can start to use now. You have a favourite song that you just can’t wait to vote for? Go ahead! The lines are already open. You can vote during the song if you want to as well. To measure a song’s popularity during the song, look at the number at the bottom of the screen and the brighter it gets, the more people are voting for it.

The audience applauds as the above screen fizzled away showing the two hosts on the screens again.
Ella Estelle: Elias, I cannot wait for the first performance - when does it all start?

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: Right now, actually. The first act to perform tonight is Laila Khan with her song “End of the Road”!

The camera zoomed in on Laila Khan who was getting her equipment on her backstage. She looked up at the screen…
Elias Auvergne-Lancey: So without further ado…

BOTH: LET VHA MEHLODHIVESTOILE 2019 BEGIN!

The cameras focused on Laila Khan before we delved into her postcard...

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019: The Grand Final - The Songs

Postby Britonisea » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:15 pm

THE SONGS

THE PLAYLIST: GRAND FINAL, MACHIEVELIHE
All songs from tonight are in this playlist: The Opening Acts, the 10 Finalists and the Interval Acts...

01 LAILA KHAN - "END OF THE ROAD"
Tune: Epic Powerful Vocal: STRANGE YOUNG WORLD | by Hidden Citizens & Rånya (02:33 - END)

We will run, we won’t stop - no!
There’s no time, they’re coming - oh!
As the pressure builds up.
The end of the Road

The risk is getting higher
Consequences are dire
And I can take no more
The end of the Road!

(oooah oooah ooh, oooah oooah ooh)
Road!
(oooah oooah ooh) Roaaaad!
(oooah oooah ooh, oooah oooah ooh)
(oooah oooah ooh) Roooooad!

The walls are caving in,
The ground is now shaking.
The End of the Road

At the end of the song, Laila Khan held her pose in the middle of the stage as the audience erupted into a large cheer. The lights in the arena normalised - "Thank you, Britonisea! Vote Act 1" she screamed into the microphone before the cameras panned out to focus on the next act getting ready then into the postcard from the automatic qualifiers, Giselles...
02 GISELLES - "YOU"
Tune: Andra - Shukar (01:57 - END)

Hey there boy, come tell me what you think
Wanna snatch me up, I tell you, I’m ready
You want someone strong, who can hold themselves high?
Come whisper your loving words, whisper them in my ears.

Hey there boy, come tell me what you think
Wanna snatch me up, I tell you, I’m ready
You want someone strong, who can hold themselves high?
Come whisper your loving words, whisper them in my ears.

It’s you, it’s you - that I want, yeah
It’s you, it’s you - It’s you, it’s you -
It’s you that I want, yeah!

Tell me that “it’s you, that I want”
Yeah, I will give you what you want.
Confess to me and I’ll give you some
Tell me “it’s you, I want”
It’s you, it’s you - that I want, yeah
It’s you, it’s you - that I want, yeah!

Right at the end of the song, the man in the song stood in a strong pose as the girls stood in front of him, to the side, and got on different levels. The camera quickly zoomed in before it stopped. The girls mouths widened into a smile as the Britonish audience started to applaud them. "Thanks!" said the girls over and over again as the cameras focused on Alyxhia Willis backstage getting ready to come on. The audience were ready for Alyxhia Willis...
03 ALYXHIA WILLIS - "WANT YOU HOME"
Tune: Aly Ryan - Wear Your Love (01:53 - END)

Dream of me in your sleep, dream of me 'till you come home
Don't stop, don't stop, dream of me in your sleep.
I want you home!
I want you home!
Want You Home!

Don’t hate me for wanting you home (Want you home)
Under the duvets, on our own. (Want you home)
Without me, you can’t sleep at night
Oh yeah I want you home
Oh yeah I want you home
Oh yeah you must come home

Oh yeah I want you home!

Oh yeah I want you home!

Oh yeah you must come home
Because I want you home.

At the end of her song, the wind machines went crazy on her as she stood strong in the middle of the stage as she gyrated her body to the strong beat of the song. The camera zoomed in from a far as the pyros came to end. She sang the last line to huge applause from her audience. She smiled widely, "Yes, Britonisea! Thank you all so much! Love you all!" Instead of going to the next postcard, the indent showed up on the screens before we went to the Greenroom. Sitting with Zoe Wilkinson and her delegation was Elias Auvergne-Lancey who was about to interview her briefly.

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: Thank you very much to the amazing woman, Alyxhia Willis, and her song "Want You Home"! We are now joined by Zoe Wilkinson who will be performing 8th tonight - so we still got quite some time to go, Zoe. Tell me, what's going through your head now that you've watched the performances so far...

Zoe Wilkinson: Well the women that have graced the stage so far certainly did a good job - though I am not worried! In fact, watching the three acts have made me so excited to perform my song. Of course, there is still quite some time before we actually get to my song, but I am mentally preparing myself!

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: One thing that I can certainly promise you is that in this arena, the Gyron Arena here in Machievelihe, certainly love you! Tell us what it means to perform here in Machievelihe and here at Vha Mehldohivestoile's 4th Grand Final...

Zoe Wilkinson: What does it mean to me? Well, I am only so young and to be given the chance to perform in front of 26,000 people in an arena that has already been used to host WorldVision in it? Wow! It's like my dream has come true. I have worked so hard to get to this position and I cannot believe that I am here after all that work. I just want to aim for bigger things, hopefully, I do well here and move on to compete for my country! That is my goal, Elias!

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: You are fantastic! Well, I certainly wish you good luck ahead of the competition. Ella, who do you have for us?

The camera then switched to one focusing on the ninth act performing tonight - international act, Stacy Lekker!
Ella Estelle: Well, sitting next to me I have the very fantastic Miss Stacy Lekker from Togonistan! How are you doing, my lovely?

Stacy Lekker: Hello, Ella! I am doing very well! I am very excited to perform on the Grand Final stage here in Machievelihe.

Ella Estelle: Yes, so tell me about Machievelihe. We know that for Togonistan in the WorldVision Song Contest, Machievelihe is quite a pivotal part in your nation's history at the contest. How do you feel about performing to such a wonderful crowd?!

Stacy Lekker: Well, I was in the running to represent Togonistan at the 57th WorldVision Song Contest but I got beaten by the tremendous Tremendous who went on to win. I know that some day, I would get myself to Machievelihe and look where I am now? Performing in the Grand Final of such a huge television show - I am living.

Ella Estelle: You certainly are, honey! Good luck with your performance later on! Elias - you have one more person for us, don't you?

The camera tilted upwards to show Elias Auvergne-Lancey walk behind the seats where Stacy Lekker and her delegation were sitting before he moved over to Rochelle Fox. As Rochelle Fox could be seen in shot, there was a huge cheer from a section of the audience. Rochelle put her hand to her face before Elias spoke;
Elias Auvergne-Lancey: It's almost as if you're saying that without enthusiasm because the star that we have here is Rochelle Fox! Hello, Rochelle! Right, I have heard that the boys are ready to perform so let's quickly interview you. How have the past few weeks been for you?

Rochelle Fox: Honestly, it has been a whirlwind! I came in the top 2 for the 3rd Semi-Finals, then there was the Battle Stages, then a week break and suddenly - we are here! It's gone so quickly but I have had a load of support to make me through the pace of the last few weeks.

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: What message do you want to send out to those who have supported you?

Rochelle Fox: Just a huge thank you and I will deliver later today, I promise!

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: Thank you, Rochelle! *To camer* It's now time for the duo between Jun-iči Hoch and Ekkehard Liinamaa from Todlichebujoku slash Britonisea with the song "On My Own"!

The camera showed the two men patiently waiting backstage for their postcard to start playing. The shot fizzled to their postcard...
04 JUN-IČI HOCH & EKKEHARD LIINAMAA - "ON MY OWN"
Tune: Nick Jonas, Robin Schulz - Right Now (Official Music Video) (01:06- END)

Standing in this empty room, I can't forget the nights
I thought I loved you
I thought I loved you
And we would try to mend the cracks, with platitudes and sex
A lie you clung to
A lie you clung to

So you thought, that everything was perfect
That we would be forever and never be apart.
But now I'll, be dancing on my own feet
you didn't see the fractures
our love would never last.

Night falls, the heartache comes back stronger,
Like lightning in a bottle
Yearning for release
Midnight, the beat is thumping harder
Step back out on the dancefloor
It's time to leave the past

So you thought, that everything was perfect
That we would be forever and never be apart.
But now I'll, be dancing on my own feet
you didn't see the fractures
our love would never last.

The audience cheered for the two guys as they wrapped arms around each other, thanking the audience for their hospitality. The next act of the evening is Daria Calic and the cameras watched her as she had her equipment being put on her. She looked towards the camera and smiled before we went in to her postcard...
05 DARIA CALIC - "BROKEN PROMISES"
Tune: Ани Лорак - Ты еще любишь (01:42 - END)

All of these damned lies, your fake love
Leave me shattered, with tears on this cold ground
All of these damned lies, tear me apart
Your broken promises mean nothing to me

*instrumental*

Leave me hopeless, suffering in silence

They've gone too far, my trust and hope shattered

All of your damned lies...

All of your damned lies...

The audience clapped and whistled for Daria's performance once she had finished. "Thank you, Britonisea!" she said into the microphone before doing multiple bows. The camera then focused on AUTUMN at the back - looking more goth than their third Semi-Final performance. They smiled and gritted their teeth before we dove into their postcard.
06 AUTUMN - "MERCY FROM ABOVE"
Tune: Pagan Fury - Stormbringer (01:45 - END)

The night will be set alight with your grace, your mercy
Stop the suffering - the pain!
I’ll search up and down for you, mercy from above? Hmmm...
Build a staircase to heaven, you can’t hide from me.
Don’t stop me, don’t try me.

I’ll search up and down for you,
You can’t hide from me
Oh build a staircase up, I’ll climb that high - promise
You can try and run from me, I’ll just run faster.
Mercy from
Mercy from
From above!

You can't hide!

There was a huge amount of support for AUTUMN in the audience. Since their 3rd Semi-Final performance, they have made huge leaps in the Britonish Charts and have gained a load of views online. However, they are now coming against George Alleyne, the only solo male (and the only Britonish in this edition's Grand Final) who has a lot of support across the nation. The camera focused on George Alleyne who cutely smiled into the camera. We then went to his performance.
07 GEORGE ALLEYNE - "TEISTON AUREMENNE"
Translation: You Are Golden
Tune: Mr. Rain - La Storia Di Sam (Official Video) (01:40 - END)

Vhe waus teuten specs lovie a’et, crusuie, suie
Et hacer, et haco ine corghvaike oe oh ghortuie,
Knowledgte qeç xenocratier et, iate
Crete fio weake, os ov na réalité - teiston happiet

Aspeche fico teis fio in piste vundois
Comprte teist oe’et sawotei vhe diferererance
Teiston aurumenne
Eistam sub teuten leunne
Uet fos hacte vhe heur speakear a’et, recognaite et.

The ways your eyes look at mine, it causes
Me to have, I have a heartache, it hurts
You know how to work me, you do
You make me weak, it is - you are happy

Although I love you I feel a little envious
Compare you and I, you will see the difference
You are golden
I am out of your league
Yet you have the time to speak to me, you recognise me

At the end of his performance, he stood in the middle of the stage as these dark figures came from behind him and pull him down. The cameras faded and the lights went off. The audience applauded for him and his performance. As the lights in the arena normalised, he popped back up and said, "Remercio Teis! Remercio Teis, Brityunik!" He then walked off of the stage as the indent came back on the screens around the arenas and the millions of homes around the multiverse...
Elias Auvergne-Lancey: I am joined by the fantastic Laila Khan, who opened the show with her amazing song - "End of the Road"! It is such a dramatic song from you, Laila! Was this in response to you not qualifying? Did you know that Britonisea loved a good powerful female ballad?

Laila Khan: Well, I know that I had to bring a much better song to Vha Mehlodhivestoile if I had any chance of even qualifying. The song last year, not qualifying was such a big shame but I needed a song that catered to Britonisea more. I managed to find a level playing field between what would be liked by the juries and by Britonisea.

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: Right. This year, we have seen a huge resurgence of women solo acts becoming successful - I mean, in the Grand Final, we have six female solo acts. We have two female duos as well in addition. Did this worry you?

Laila Khan: Well, I wanted to do very well and of course, having so many competitors isn't a great thing! Or maybe it is - I love competing. I was worried about my girl, Sofia Akhmetov's song "Fate" - such a shame to see that not qualifying because that was a tune that I absolutely loved! But yeah, I am not worried.

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: Thank you, Laila! Ella, do you have the duo, Giselles?

The camera was now focused on the two girls from Giselles, with Ella sitting right in the middle of them. She was smiling widely at both of them.
Ella Estelle: I am here with the women from Giselle - Himari and Yui! Now, this is the first time that you are competing with this song. Could you tell us how nervous you have been over the past year?

Himari Akari: Well, we didn't know that we had this opportunity until...maybe...October? We thought that the beautiful Kelsey Banques was going to come back and maybe try and win the title. But she called us and said that she wouldn't do it because she had gone to WorldVision and achieved what she wanted. Hopefully, she will come back in 2020 though?

Yui Akari: She said she would try and be involved in some way - and she is by being a songwriter. Not for us...but yeah! After that, we contacted our team and we got back to writing a song for all of you guys. Here it is! It's sexy and fun - we want to have fun this time around! Next year, if we don't win here, we'll be out for blood haha!

Ella Estelle: Lovely! What is the story behind your song, "You"? And who the hell is that saucy man singing the "It's You, It's You" bits?

Himari Akari: Well, firstly, that man is the amazing Rob Gallagher - we had to get a big man with a deep voice singing that. We all know Britonisea likes a bit of sausage, if you get what I am saying...

Ella's eyes widened as she put her hand to her mouth. The members of the audience started to laugh with applause ringing through the arena. Ella looked at the camera before coughing and looking back at the girls.
Himari Akari: It's true though, Ella! Come on, I know you li-

Ella Estelle: -Alright! I think you've said enough! Let's move on to you, Yui! Your sister is a naughty one, isn't she?

Yui Akari: Honestly, you don't know the half of it! Our song is about meeting a guy at a party and having an instant attraction with them. You know? It's you!

Ella Estelle: Righttt, I get you! Well, well done for your performance - I hope you do well tonight! For now, we have another person joining us on the couch...Elias?

The cameras then went back to Elias Auvergne-Lancey who was sitting next to the beautiful Alyxhia Willis. She had her arm wrapped around the neck of Elias, tilting her head down slightly towards the camera but looking up. Elias looked slightly uncomfortable being trapped by Alyxhia, but was smiling through it like the champ he is...
Elias Auvergne-Lancey: Yeah, I have the very...touchy-feely Alyxhia Willis with me! Hello my darling, how are you doing after that great performance by you?

Alyxhia Willis: Oh my performance, I thought, went really well. I felt powerful, I felt confident, I feet brilliant - that is truly want you want to feel during and after a performance. I heard you loved me and my performance, Elias?

Alyxhia tapped Elias on the nose as he looked at the camera and widened his eyes before looking back at Alyxhia. He tried to get her off of him but his try wasn't successful.
Elias Auvergne-Lancey: You are certainly not wrong. But Alyxhia, real talk...can you see yourself winning Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019?

Alyxhia WIllis: What a silly question! If anybody here thought they couldn't win, they shouldn't sit here! All of our songs are worthy of a win and I cannot wait to find out who - out of all of us - will win. But of course, I need to more than the rest!

The audience laughed as she got off Elias and started to make hashtag signs and the number three, asking the audience to pick up the phone and vote for her...Elias quickly got up and walked away;
Elias Auvergne-Lancey: I nearly didn't get out of that one! Right, up next is Zoe Wilkinson with her song "Mirame" - let's hope she does well!

The camera focused on Zoe Wilkinson, looking very hyper - behind stage before we went to her postcard...
08 ZOE WILKINSON - "MÍRAME"
Translation: Look At Me
Tune: Hanna Ferm - Never Mine (Audio) (02:16 - END)

Do you love me, do you want me?
Do you love me, just be honest.
Sí, se nota que no me entiendes.
No me entiendes

¿Me quieres? Do you want me?
You show me no love,
Say no - no surprise.

Ojos aquí, oh mírame.
Sí, se nota que no me entiendes.

Do you love me, do you want me?
Do you love me, just be honest.
Yes, it shows that you do not understand me.
You don't understand me.

Do you love me? Do you want me?
You show me no love,
Say no - no surprise.

Eyes here, oh look at me.
Yes, it shows that you do not understand me.

Zoe Wilkinson smiled as the cameras zoomed out over the audience. She jumped into the air and screamed "MERCI MERCI!" to the audience. She then ran off the stage along with the dancers that she was with. The camera then pointed towards Stacy Lekker, from Togonistan, before the shot went to her postcard...
09 STACY LEKKER - "SUMMERLIGHTS"
Tune: My Indigo - Someone Like You (02:15 - END)

You are
Summerlights, summerlights
Summerlights ohhh
Summerlights, summerlights
Summerlights, oooh

Yeah!
Beautiful, beautiful
Dancing with, dancing with
With you.
Summerlights, Summerlights
Summerlights oooh

I know that I am happy
Most when I am with you (I’m with you)
You bring my mood up
You spread your love and joy
I just want to spend my time with you, nobody will stop us (summerlights oooh)
Dancing with you.
Until the sun sets
Beautiful, beautiful
You are

Summerlights, ohhh

At the end of "Summerlights", Stacy Lekker bowed and thanked the audience. She smiled sweetly as they responded with cheering. It was now time for the final performance of the night from Rochelle Fox. She was backstage, looking flustered and nervous but as she noticed the camera was on her, a huge smile widened on her face. She was ready. We went to her performance...
10 ROCHELLE FOX - "PARADISE"
Tune: TAYANNA - Очі [AUDIO] (02:15 - END)

Let’s go to paradise
A place for you and I - oh oh oh oh
I cannot live here without
Without me in your arms

You’re mine tonight, no one else’s
And I won’t let you go - no.
We are two halves, meant to be one -
By now that’s something you know
Let’s go!

(to paradise, to paradise, to paradise - come)
Let’s go!
(to paradise, to paradise, to paradise - oh)

Let’s go to paradise
A place for you and I - oh oh oh oh
I cannot live here without
Without me in your arms

As the final act of the night finished, Rochelle Fox gave everybody a large kiss before shouting to the audience - "I Love You All!". The camera then showed the official logo for Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019 before we joined Ella and Elias in the Greenroom standing side by side from each other. They had huge grins on their faces and the Britonish fans that were in the shot were going crazy for the pair of them. They started to speak.
Elias Auvergne-Lancey: And that was the final act of the evening, Rochelle Fox, with her song "Paradise" - a brilliant song that.

Ella Estelle: Elias, I just cannot believe that that is it! Those ten songs just flew by and I think that those songs are definitely the cream of the crop from this edition's Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019. So many good performances.

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: And guess what, Ella? The Britonish Public has certainly agreed with you! We currently have over 16 million votes already - let's hope to beat the 20.7 million that we set last year!

Ella Estelle: Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019's competitive performances might be over for now, but we still have performances coming up. We got the amazing OLA from Besen who will be reprising her song "Durem (La La)" from the 71st WorldVision Song Contest - where she came second.

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: We then will have a performance from the amazing Ylinqar who won the 72nd WorldVision Song Contest from Mercedini. In fact, we all know you in Britonisea love him - with us Britonish folk putting him as #1 in the televote. Of course, our juries didn't agree with the televote but nevertheless, we gave them ten points overall.

Ella Estelle: And at the end of all of that, we have one final performance - the most important performance of the evening - the winner's reprise. Who is going to win Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019? I do not know and I couldn't even guess. Thank God, that's your decision...

She pointed towards the camera and smiled as the audience started to cheer. There was a further away image before the camera fizzled out into a recap of all the songs from Vha Mehlodhivestoile's 2019 Grand Final...
**RECAP: THE TEN SONGS OF VHA MEHLODHIVESTOILE 2019 GRAND FINAL**

As the recap finished, we were joined on a sofa with Evangeline Hope who was on the chair with the duo from Todlichebujoku, Jun-iči Hoch and Ekkehard Liinamaa.
Elias Auvergne-Lancey: Jun-iči Hoch and Ekkehard Liinamaa - hello the pair of you! I hope you are doing very well, the both of you!

Ekkehard Liinamaa: Hello, we are doing well.

We were then joined on the sofas by Daria Calic, an international artist from Izmedu who was sitting alongside Ella Estelle. They looked cosy...
Ella Estelle: So, Daria! Hi! How are you doing - how do you think your performance went?

Daria Calic: Hello, I am doing very well! I thought that my performance went spectacularly. I really enjoyed performing here in Machievelihe!

The audience cheered as Daria blows kisses to all of the fans in the arena.
Ella Estelle: Great! Do you think that you have extra pressure because you are an international artist? You really want to make an impact and therefore you have to try harder?

Daria Calic: Of course. However, I believe that if you truly believe in your song - you won't need to look that hard to find the support for your song. I have felt that here.

Ella Estelle: Preach it, Sister! Elias - it's your turn!

Ella pointed to the camera, with the camera turning over to the next set of chairs where Elias was sitting with Abi and Jane Terras from the duo, AUTUMN!
Elias Auvergne-Lancey: So, I am joined by another duo that is competing in our Grand Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile, AUTUMN! Jane and Abi - you women have had a lot of success over the past few weeks. What do you think about Britonisea warming up to your song?

Abi Terras: It has been all a bit...wow! Like I can't even think of the words, it has been overwhelming, to say the least.

Jane Terras: I have loved every second of it. I would like to thank the Todlichebujoki jury for voting for us and getting us through the Battle Stage without a problem! I am so grateful that I am here - I think the both of us can agree...

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: We saw quite a fiery performance from you tonight. Is this something you would replicate on the WorldVision - or the World Hit Festival - stage if you were to go on to bigger things?

Abi Terras: Yes! If we get picked to represent Britonisea at any of the contests, you can expect more EXPLOSIONS and FUN! I love this song and the staging needs to match the level we want to create!

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: Thank you very much! Let's go to Ella Estelle!

We then cut to the interview between Ella Estelle and George Alleyne after Elias smiled at the camera, telling them to go to the next shot...
Ella Estelle: And we are now joined by the only male soloist of this year's Grand Final. Hello, George! You're literally going to have that label forever - well, until it happens again. Now that you've performed, how are you feeling?

George Alleyne: Well, I would just like to start off by saying thank you to the Britonish Public, Jury and the International Juries for voting for my song enough for me to get through to the Grand FInal. I am very proud to have gotten through to this stage especially on my first go! How do I feel after I performed? Well, I am relieved really - I can now enjoy the show at hand. I cannot wait for the intense vote reveal, though!

Ella Estelle: Me neither, I can't wait to present it! Do you think that you will decide to come back to Vha Mehlodhivestoile next year - or in the years to come?

George Alleyne: Well, I know for sure that if I don't win tonight, I will definitely be coming back as soon as possible! I would love to win Vha Mehlodhivestoile, Ella!

Ella Estelle: I am sure of that! Thank you for our little chat!

Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019's logo showed up on the screen for a couple of seconds before we had a far away shot of everything happening before we had a two-shot of Elias and Ella standing next to each other...
Elias Auvergne-Lancey: Now let's go back to the 71st WorldVision Song Contest. We, of course, sent the amazing Younes Wright-Harel to the WorldVision Song Contest. Now we were definitely going for the win, but three nations finished above us.

Ella Estelle: Yes and one of those new editions to the top was OLA from Besen! Besen managed to wow the WorldVision crown and rocket up to second place - new territory for them. We certainly hope that from now on, Besen can keep it up!

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: The televote certainly loved the entry from Besen and because of that, we thought it would be a great idea to invite OLA to Britonisea to perform her hit, "Durem (La La).

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: So without further ado, please welcome to the stage...

BOTH: OLA!!!
Last edited by Britonisea on Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019: The Interval Act #1

Postby Britonisea » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:30 pm

INTERVAL ACT
OLA- "Durem (La La)"
Tune : Fleur East- "Favourite Thing"
Music & Lyrics: Onika Laurel Abit, Camren Adid, Zach Merci

Appearing from an orange silhouette, held up by four females in leopard-print leotards, OLA wears a yellow tinted leather jacket, and a pair of sparkling leggings which hug her body. Her hair is let free, and the makeup she bears dazzles against the huge technicolour illumination. As the song begins to play and the thumping beat kicks in, the dancers pulsate and their ruby spotlights follow them closely. She begins to sing. Throughout the verse the camera shifts left to right and OLA focuses her attention into it.

I love and I love you hard
Hate when we’re far apart
You look like an evening star above
I love all of your whole damn heart
Always valued your cards
But I ain’t here for the cars
Just be mine, and only mine
Durem, dor 9 te 5

For the first time, OLA begins to dance alongside her back-up. She tenaciously hits her cues, and at the same time manages to keep up with the fastening pace. The camera takes a wide angle of her staging, including the LED, which is only currently flashing bright, multi-colour waves.
Because I’m so glad I,
Get to have your body
Haven’t felt so mad yeah,
Since you mad me lose it
Always ‘gon be yours my love,
Yeah be honest

After the wide shot, there is a close-up of her figure, that then quickly rushes out of place, and films the whole audience. At the climax of the chorus, an inferno shoots out from the two sides of the stage. OLA jumps into an animated kicking movement, fulfilling an epic choreography that gets the audience jumping. There is a shift in the lighting, moreover, that brings the stage from changing colour into a clear, loud pink.
Ne féce de mino, ese feritivo, perci
I’m driving you, durem! (la la la la la)
Áy! Durem, dor 9 te 5
Áy! Durem, love the way you die when-

Almost out of breath, OLA gets comfortable in front of the camera again, this time with a giant positive glow around her, the audience is still cheering. A lot of cooperation occurs between her and the dancers, as they glide in between each other, still maintaining the heightening funk of the beat.
I can’t take the heat no mo’
So roll down that gold window
‘Cause I wanna know what’s it like
To be under your control

An ecstacy of drive lights up her eyes. And then, the beacon of pink fades into not much, but there is still a flashlight of shine. The camera quickly flashes between views of the audience, the quartet on stage and then finally a massive overlook of it all. They move to the very front.
Because I’m so glad I,
Get to have your body
Haven’t felt so mad yeah,
Since I made you stop it
Always ‘gon be yours my love,
Yeah be honest

For the second chorus, it's almost as though the crowd is chanting along with the 'la la la' part, which energizes OLA's moves. Like a giant party, the camera delivers an inspired shot of the entire capacity, all having a great time. An eruption of lazerlights shoot up from the bottom of the floor, reaching up to the roof.
I’m driving you, durem! (la la la la la)
Áy! Durem, dor 9 te 5 (la la la la la)
Áy! Durem, love the way you die when-

It's like the entire structure was dancing along to the enormous boom of the beat, and OLA played of to this, hyping up the audience. Her and her dancers manage to carry out a clapping rhythm with everyone inside, and the camera swings around in a 360 motion, displaying this on TV.
And you want some more?
Gotta get, gotta get me to the floor
And you want some more? (La la la la la)
And you want some more?
Gotta get, gotta get me-
I'm driving you durem (La la la la la)
Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!

The lights spasm in and out of colour, and the camera shots are quick, tight. The firestorm continues, but is even more apparent to the staging as the beat takes a detour. She swings her hair around, which makes the crowd go crazy, which gets exemplified by one of the dancers performing a frontflip. And then it comes time to hit the hardest notes of the song, which she is able to do with the help of the further intensifying participation by the onlookers.
Hey! I wanna hear you!
Ohhh! Ohhh!
Durem, love the way you die when- (Oh, yeah)
Durem, love the way you die when- (Oh, yeah)
Durem, love the way you die when-

The final stretch of the song is explosive, and everything is thrown at it. The pyrotechnics do slow down however, as OLA makes her way to the different sides of the stage, waving and extending to the limits of her vocal capacity. Out of breath, she smiles her way through the last parts, and organises her and her dancers into a cohesive triangle. Finally, the 'durem!' chant ends the fiesta. A massive cheer is warming, as is evident on her face.
And you want some more?
Gotta get, gotta get me to the floor
And you want some more? (La la la la la)
And you want some more?
Gotta get, gotta get me-
I'm driving you durem!

"Thank you so, so much! I love you!" OLA almost falls to her knees, overwhelmed by the receival of her hard work. The Britonish audience cheered loudly for OLA as she was joined by the two hosts of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019 - Elias and Ella.
Elias Auvergne-Lancey: That was an amazing performance from you, OLA! Tell me - how was it like to perform as an interval act when Besen hosted the WorldVision Song Contest an edition after your second place?

OLA: It was electrifying, one of the best shows I have done. I hold pride in my placement of course, and to be able to showcase this is amazing for me.

Ella Estelle: And afterwards you moved to Britonisea! How has it been in Britonisea and what does it mean to you to know that you have so many fans transnationally, including here in Britonisea and Machievelihe?

OLA: Britonisea has always been my place of refuge when I felt lost in my life and career, as it gives me a sense of cultural acceptance, peace and definitely love. I’m delighted to be invited here.

The Britonish audience cheered loudly at hearing this, with a few members of the audience singing "Durem" over and over again.
Elias Auvergne-Lancey: Tell us, do you have any new music planned?

OLA: My brand new album, “Boom”, comes out April 15th in Besen, and April 17th internationally. It’s the autobiography story of my life so far. I’m excited to promote it here!

Ella Estelle: And here is the final question. With your success at the WorldVision Song Contest, what do plan to do with it going forward?

OLA: Worldvision will always be in my heart, and I don’t plan to leave it any time soon. Stay tuned.

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: Absolutely fantastic! Thank you OLA for your performance! I loved it! OLA everyone!

The camera panned as OLA walked off of the stage, smiling and waving to the audience. Another camera cut to the hosts, who had moved over to another side of the stage...
Ella Estelle: It is now time for your second recap!

**RECAP: Official Recap***

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: And that was your last recap! I hope you liked it! If you would like to rewatch all of the songs and performances, they are already uploaded on to YouTube - yes, we are very speedy!

Ella Estelle: Alternatively, you could just rewind - but you will be minutes behind on the real action and could vote when the lines close - you may still be charged!

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: Speaking about when lines close, lines close soon! What is going to happen is that very soon we are going to go around to all the different countries that are voting in this year's Vha Mehlodhivestoile.

Ella Estelle: We will explain more when we get to it! Which will be after this clip showing you the Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019 SEASON!

The shot fizzled out to the videotape of the video.
**VIDEO: Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019 in 4 minutes **

There is a clip of each Semi-Final with all the acts performing per minute and then the Battle Stages.

"WHO WILL WIN VHA MEHLODHIVESTOILE 2019? WE WILL FIND OUT TODAY!"

As the videotape finished, Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019's ident showed on the screen with the audience cheering before dramatic sound was heard ringing through the arena. The lights darkened around the arena - the audience started to get more excited, shouting out the names of those who they thought should win.
Elias Auvergne-Lancey: Right - it's time for the reveal of the International Jury votes. What is going to happen now is that we are going to go around to the Multiverse - from nations in our region to those who participate in the WorldVision Song Contest and World Hit Festival to come up with the final results. Each international jury will give out scores between 12 points and 1 point in true WorldVision Song Contest style. As ten acts are participating, the last placed song in each jury will only gain 1 point.

Ella Estelle: On the contrary, the act that did the best with each jury will gain 12 points. Each jury will call out their favourite songs, we thank them and then we move on - we don't intend for it to be too long, there's a lot to do! Throughout this section, the Britonish Televote will still be open, so feel free to vote for your favourite act throughout this. We will close the lines pretty soon after all of the International acts have been dished out! After, we will have an interval act before we go around Britonisea to read out the points from the Britonish Televotes - you at home. We will then add together the points and the act that has received the points will win the contest!

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: Unlike previous editions, if there is a tie, that tie will be broken based on who received the most 12 points across the international jury and the Britonish votes. We will then work down using the countback system before going into raw Britonish statistics.

Ella Estelle: Right! I think we are set to go...don't you think? Let's go to our first jury for this evening - the ABEN Jurors!

Britonisea
Powerbroker

HOW TO VOTE!

Postby Britonisea » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:35 pm

HOW TO VOTE
Below, you can find out the details of how you vote;

There are 10 (ten) songs competing in Grand Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019.
In order to vote for your favourite song, you have to give them the top mark of 12 (twelve) points, while your second favourite gets 10 (ten) points.
Below, you can find out all the information and a code to make it easy for you to vote.

QUICK INFORMATION
A user is allowed to vote up to 1 (one) time per Semi-Final.
While the deadline to vote is 20th April 2019, 20:00 UK Time, the voting deadline can be shortened.

SCORING SYSTEM
The voting system will follow that of the WorldVision Song Contest/Eurovision Song Contest.
12 points - Favourite Entry
10 points - 2nd Favourite Entry
8 points - 3rd Favourite Entry
7 points - 4th Favourite Entry
6 points - 5th Favourite Entry
5 points - 6th Favourite Entry
4 points - 7th Favourite Entry
3 points - 8th Favourite Entry
2 points - 9th Favourite Entry
1 point - Least Favourite Entry

Post your results on this thread in a reply. The voting code is different to the Semi-Finals. You can find an example of what it should look like in the spoiler below, using VM2018's songs!

Feel free to customise the below in keeping with the basic outline;
Code: Select all
[box][align=center][size=200]VM2019: GRAND FINAL VOTES[/size]
[size=150]NATION NAME HERE[/size][/align][hr][/hr]

[align=center][b][INSERT SPOKESPERSON NAME HERE][/b]
[i]"[INSERT DIALOGUE HERE]"[/i][/align]

1 point:
2 points:
3 points:
4 points:
5 points:
6 points:
7 points:

[align=center][i]"And now for the top three songs..."[/i][/align]

[b]8 points to:[/b]

[b]10 points to:[/b]

[b]12 points to: [/b][/box]

VM2019: GRAND FINAL VOTES
BRITONISEA

RIGAS JENGIZ
"Hello Britonisea - I hope you're all having a fantastic evening! These are the votes from the Britonish Jury for Vha Mehlodhivestoile's Grand Final!"

1 point: Petre Lemetre - No One Saw It
2 points: Dean Boyst - Restore
3 points: Luxury Ladies - Me, Myself and I
4 points: Arvin Dalir - Walking
5 points: Liam Jishak - Fauteur de Troubles
6 points: Reuben Lonsdale - Perilous
7 points: Giselles - The Evil

"And now for the top three songs..."

8 points to: KELSEY BANQUES!

10 points to: KAYLEY with "JUNTERAPTEN!"

12 points to: TARON WOOOODS!!! Congratulations!

THE OFFICIAL GRAND FINAL OF VHA MEHLODHIVESTOILE 2019 LISTEN-ALONG IS SATURDAY, 13th APRIL 2019 AT 21:00 BST/UK TIME - be there or be square!

Estogium
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

ABEN Jury Votes

Postby Estogium » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:53 pm

ABEN Jury Votes

EVANGELINE HOPE
"Hello, Britonisea! This is the ABEN Jury Votes! The ABEN Jury consists of people from Aloquirbe, Nightom, Estogium and Britonisea voting to make up the International Jury. I am proud to be the Head Juror of all of this! Let's get down to business. Displayed are the bottom 7..."

1 point: Giselles - You
2 points: Daria Calic - Broken Promises
3 points: Jun-iči Hoch & Ekkehard Liinamaa - On My Own
4 points: Zoe Wilkinson - Mirame
5 points: Stacy Lekker - Summerlights
6 points: Laila Khan - End of the Road
7 points: Autumn - Mercy From Above

8 points to: Alyxhia Willis - Want You Home

10 points to: Rochelle Fox - "Paradise"

12 points to: George Alleyne - Teiston Auremenne!

"Congratulations to all! Can't wait to see the winner!"

These votes do not represent Britonisea's televotes...

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:45 pm

Main Nation Ministry

ERIK ANDERSON
"Is this thing on? Good. Erik Anderson from Truth News here. I sent over some recordings of the 10 songs to some members of the Ministrian public. These are the results that came back. The results shall be named by the artist who made the songs."

1 point: ZOE WILKINSON
2 points: STACY LEKKER
3 points: GISELLES
4 points: LAILA KHAN
5 points: ALYXHIA WILLIS
6 points: JUN-IČI HOCH & EKKEHARD LIINAMAA
7 points: GEORGE ALLEYNE

8 points to:DARIA CALIC

10 points to:AUTUMN

12 points to: ROCHELLE FOX
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Plangainer
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 07, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Plangainer » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:02 am

Plangainer

Andrew Frey
"Good Morning, Britonisea! Andrew Frey from PBG, I hope you all are having a fantastic night, we talked about a lot of the songs being presented in this Grand Finale, all of them we're amazing, if we we're able to give 12 points to everyone, we'd do so, but for now, we have to abide by the voting system. So, let's get on shall we?"

1 point: "Paradise" by Rochelle Fox
2 points: "Mercy From Above" by Autumn
3 points: "Broken Promises" by Daria Calic
4 points: "Teiston Auremenne" by George Alleyne
5 points: "Want You Home" by Alyxhia Willis
6 points: "Summerlights" by Stacy Lekker
7 points: "Mirame" by Zoe Wilkinson

8 points to: "You" by Giselles

10 points to: "End of the Road" by Laila Khan

12 points to: "On My Own" by Jun-iči Hoch & Ekkehard Liinamaa
WV98: Achieved 15th Place
WV99: Achieved 9th Place (Top 10)
WV103: Achieved 6th Place (Top 10)
WV104: Achieved 3rd Place (Podium)
WV106: Achieved 4th Place (Top 5)
WV108: Achieved 10th Place (Top 10)
WV111: Achieved 4th Place (Top 5)

Belgaam
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Belgaam » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:19 am

Belgaam

Image Taña Uröch
"Hi Britonisea, it's me, Taña Uroch! Some of you might recognise me from WorldVision 72 but anyway, it's time to announce the Belgaamian televotes! And I can tell you this was a very hard choice!"

1 point: George Alleyne - Teiston Auremenne
2 points: Laila Khan - End of The Road
3 points: Jun Iči Hoch & Ekkehard Liinamaa - On My Own
4 points: Daria Calic - Broken Promises
5 points: Stacy Lekker - Summerlights
6 points: Giselles - You
7 points: Zoe Wilkinson - Mírame

8 points to: Autumn - Mercy From Above

10 points to: Alyxhia Willis - Want You Home

12 points to: Rochelle Fox - Paradise
Last edited by Belgaam on Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
71: 17/25
72: 9/18
73: 19/26
74: Withdrew
75: Did not participate
76: Did not participate
77: Did not participate
78: Did not participate
79: Did not participate
80: Did not participate
81: 16/35
82: Withdrew
83: Did not participate
84: Did not participate
85: Did not participate
86: Did not participate
87: 20/38

Genkiania
Attaché

Founded: Nov 04, 2014

Republic of Taeseon's Grand Final Telecast Vote

Postby Genkiania » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:43 pm

Republic of Taeseon Votes

Hak Kyu-Ri
"Yeoboseyo (Hello), Britonisea! And a Good Hello from Yunaitideu Sudo, the Capital of Taeseon. I'm Proud to be the Head Juror for Taeseon, as well as everyone here. The Past Couple of Weeks was interesting, and as a Actress/Journalist from TBS, I am proud to Present to the Taeseon Public the Votes they sent to us. Without Further Ado, Here is the Results from the Public."

Total Vote Count: 28,607,245

1 point: Giselles - "You" (632,465 Votes)
2 points: Stacy Lekker - "Summerlights" (920,310 Votes)
3 points: Daria Calic - "Broken Promises" (1,248,654 Votes)
4 points: Zoe Wilkinson - "Mírame" (1,597,320 Votes)
5 points: Laila Khan - "End of The Road" (3,429,563 Votes)
6 points: Autumn - "Mercy From Above" (4,102,540 Votes)
7 points: George Alleyne - "Teiston Auremenne" (4,125,210 Votes)

"And now for the top three songs, Voted by the People..."

8 points to: Rochelle Fox - "Paradise" (4,146,973 Votes)

10 points to: Alyxhia Willis - "Want You Home" (4,153,742 Votes)

12 points to: Jun-iči Hoch & Ekkehard Liinamaa - "On My Own" (4,250,468 Votes)

Its a big Congratulations to Jun-iči Hoch & Ekkehard Liinamaa for getting the Top Place for the Taeseon's Telecast Vote for the 2019 Vha Mehlodhivestoile Grand Final. This is Hak Kyu-Ri, Actress and Journalist for TBS (Taeseon Broadcasting System), Reporting at Capital Entertainment District, Yunaitideu Sudo, Republic of Taeseon.
Pros: Centre-Left Democracy, Peaceful Democratic Social Reform, Australia, South Korea, Japan.
Neutral: USA, UK, Canada.
Cons: Communism, Russia, North Korea, China's Authoritarian Rule, Donald Trump's 2020 President Campaign, Government Shutdowns.

Talvezout
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:12 pm

TALVEZOUT VOTES

"Hello Britonisea, and a fond buenas noches pa' Ylfa! I am proud to be able to announce the votes for Talvezout, and here are the results!"

1 point: Autumn!
2 points: George Alleyne!
3 points: Alyxhia Willis!
4 points: Giselles!
5 points: Zoe Wilkinson!
6 points: Laila Khan!
7 points: Jun Itschi Hoch & Ekkehard Linamaa!

8 points to: Rochelle Fox!

10 points to: Stacy Lekker!

12 points to: Daria Calic!

"Thank you Britonisea!"
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
talveziobiblio.org.tz

Besen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Besen » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:12 am

Besen

Onika Laurel Abit (OLA)
"Wow, wow, wow! Exciting stuff, Britonisea! I'm delighted to be presenting Besen's jury vote tonight."

1 point: GEORGE ALLEYNE - "TEISTON AUREMENNE"
2 points: ROCHELLE FOX - "PARADISE"
3 points: GISELLES - "YOU"
4 points: AUTUMN - "MERCY FROM ABOVE"
5 points: DARIA CALIC - "BROKEN PROMISES"
6 points: LAILA KHAN - "END OF THE ROAD"
7 points: ZOE WILKINSON - "MÍRAME"

8 points to: STACY LEKKER - "SUMMERLIGHTS"

10 points to: ALYXHIA WILLIS - "WANT YOU HOME"

12 points to: JUN-IČI HOCH & EKKEHARD LIINAMAA - "ON MY OWN"

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:23 pm

POLKOPIA

Ekaterina Valkonovna
"Good evening Machievelihe! This is Polkopia calling. Wonderful show today, and we're looking forward to the final results. Now, lets see how the Polkopian jury voted..."

2 points: LAILA KHAN - "END OF THE ROAD"
3 points: ZOE WILKINSON - "MÍRAME"
4 points: ROCHELLE FOX - "PARADISE"
5 points: GISELLES - "YOU"
6 points: AUTUMN - "MERCY FROM ABOVE"
7 points: DARIA CALIC - "BROKEN PROMISES"

8 points to: JUN-IČI HOCH & EKKEHARD LIINAMAA - "ON MY OWN

10 points to: STACY LEKKER - "SUMMERLIGHTS"

12 points to: ALYXHIA WILLIS - "WANT YOU HOME"
Last edited by Polkopia on Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Darkmania
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 18, 2015

Postby Darkmania » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:43 am

Darkmania

Men in Leather (M.I.L) [Darkmanaian repesentive at WSC72]

Ërÿk Lövermäk, Trevör Fëstepäm and Jänes Rëstmelÿr

"Hello everyone. Its us, Men In Leather. Yes. Those guys."
"We have finally got a result that doesn't end in a tie thanks to some minor changes to our jury. With no more bullsh... "
"Trevör, don't swear. There are children in here."
"Sorry. Anyway, here is the results from Darkmania "

1 point: STACY LEKKER - "SUMMERLIGHTS"
2 points: GEORGE ALLEYNE - "TEISTON AUREMENNE"
4 points: GISELLES - "YOU"
6 points: ROCHELLE FOX - "PARADISE"
7 points: ALYXHIA WILLIS - "WANT YOU HOME"

*(Mumbling as he has his mask on, but its "And now for the top three songs from the land of Darkmania")*

8 points to: LAILA KHAN - "END OF THE ROAD"

10 points to:AUTUMN - "MERCY FROM ABOVE"

26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

DATV NEWS - [NEWS] • [SPORT]

Izmedu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:43 am

IZMEDU

Toni Tomic
"Dobra vecer Britonisea! This is Izmedu here with the Izmeduan votes for Vha Mehlodhivestoile's national final. Just have to say, it's been a brilliant time watching everyone here. From the semis, the battle stages, and now this grand final. Amazing. Alright, here's our points."

1 point: GISELLES - "YOU"
2 points: ZOE WILKINSON - "MÍRAME"
3 points: GEORGE ALLEYNE - "TEISTON AUREMENNE"
4 points: STACY LEKKER - "SUMMERLIGHTS"
6 points: AUTUMN - "MERCY FROM ABOVE"
7 points: JUN-IČI HOCH & EKKEHARD LIINAMAA - "ON MY OWN"

8 points to: ROCHELLE FOX - "PARADISE"

10 points to: ALYXHIA WILLIS - "WANT YOU HOME"

12 points to: LAILA KHAN - "END OF THE ROAD"
Last edited by Izmedu on Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
THE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF IZMEDU
WorldVision Song Contest - World Hit Festival

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:16 pm

Normandy and Picardy

Elodie Aisette

"Bonsoir Britonisea, Bonsoir Tout Le Monde. Je manque du temps, alors les voix du jury Normand sont attribué comme suit."

1 point: Laila Khan - End Of The Road
2 points: Zoe Wilkinson - Mirame
3 points: Daria Calic - Broken Promises
4 points: Stacy Lekker - Summerlights
5 points: Alyxhia Willis - Want You Home
6 points: Rochelle Fox - Paradise
7 points: Jun-Ici Hoch et Ekkehard Liinamaa - On My Own

"Et maintenant, pour les trois meilleures chansons"

8 points to: Giselles - You

10 points to: George Alleyne - Teiston Auremenne

12 points to: Autumn - Mercy From Above
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:58 am

Tödlichebujoku

Valto Maeda
"Hüváá iltaa, Machievelihe! A bomb ass show as usual, here are the Tödlichebujoki votes!"

1 point: ZOE WILKINSON - "MÍRAME"
2 points: STACY LEKKER - "SUMMERLIGHTS"
3 points: GEORGE ALLEYNE - "TEISTON AUREMENNE"
4 points: ROCHELLE FOX - "PARADISE"
5 points: ALYXHIA WILLIS - "WANT YOU HOME"
6 points: DARIA CALIC - "BROKEN PROMISES"
7 points: GISELLES - "YOU"

8 points to: JUN-IČI HOCH & EKKEHARD LIINAMAA - "ON MY OWN"

10 points to: AUTUMN - "MERCY FROM ABOVE"

12 points to: LAILA KHAN - "END OF THE ROAD"
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Kalosia
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kalosia » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:02 am

Kalosia

Alesandru Raimondi
Head of the Kalosian branch of the WorldVision Fan Club
"Good evening Machievelihe! Here are the votes of the Kalosian jury."

1 point: LAILA KHAN - "END OF THE ROAD"
2 points: GISELLES - "YOU"
4 points: AUTUMN - "MERCY FROM ABOVE"
6 points: GEORGE ALLEYNE - "TEISTON AUREMENNE"
7 points: ROCHELLE FOX - "PARADISE"

8 points to: STACY LEKKER - "SUMMERLIGHTS"

10 points to: DARIA CALIC - "BROKEN PROMISES"

Togonistan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 08, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:46 am

Togonistan

Theresa Pateamai
"Good evening Machievelihe! How you all doing tonight? Here are the results of the Togonistani jury."

2 points: ROCHELLE FOX - "PARADISE"
3 points: JUN-IČI HOCH & EKKEHARD LIINAMAA - "ON MY OWN"
4 points: DARIA CALIC - "BROKEN PROMISES"
6 points: ZOE WILKINSON - "MÍRAME"
7 points: GISELLES - "YOU"

"Are you ready? Here comes the top three!"

8 points to: LAILA KHAN - "END OF THE ROAD"

10 points to: STACY LEKKER - "SUMMERLIGHTS"

12 points to: AUTUMN - "MERCY FROM ABOVE"

Britonisea
Powerbroker

STANDBY!

Postby Britonisea » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:00 pm

STANDBY
Thank you to all who voted, I really, really couldn't thank you all enough - it means a lot.

Watch the #nationstates-ic for more information about when the voting reveal will kick off and all the latest reactions!
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Britonisea
Powerbroker

International Vote Reveal & The Interval Act

Postby Britonisea » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:20 pm

The International Vote: The International Juries and Televotes dictated that the Todlichebujoki pair should win Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019, gaining 66.6% of the available points. But will the Britonish audience agree?

Vha Mehlodhivestoile's indent showed up on the screen to the cheer of the audience. During this time, the hosts made their way to the Greenroom where all of the acts were. As the cameras came back into the arena, it zoomed over the audience, interacting with audience members (members who noticed they were on television smiled and waved into the camera). Eventually, the shot faded in to Elias and Ella looking into it in the Greenroom.
Ella Estelle: What an interesting and intense international voting sequence! I would like to thank the 14 different juries that made up the International Vote - we very much appreciate all of the support from our friends around the Multiverse.

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: The 14 different votes came from nations across the multiverse that participates at either the WorldVision Song Contest, the World Hit Festival, both or neither! What I am trying to say is that this should give us a representative show of what songs will do well and what songs won't do so good.

Ella Estelle: As you can see "On My Own" was very successful amongst the international votes, with Alyxhia Willis not following too far behind. At the bottom of the leaderboard, we have George Alleyne with his song "Teiston Auremenne", Giselles with "You" and our young princess, Zoe Wilkinson!

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: HOWEVER! Things could change, everybody! In the past few years of Vha Mehlodhivestoile, there's only been one occasion where the International Votes and Britonish Televotes agreed on a winner and the votes are already pretty close.

Ella Estelle: But Britonisea, I have to just tell you one thing. THE VOTE IS NOW CLOSED! Please do not vote any longer as your votes will not be counted and you may still be charged. It would be a shame.

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: Now, while those up in the office verify all the votes, we are going to have yet another interval act! This time we are joined on stage by the winner of the 72nd WorldVision Song Contest - Ylinqar - from Mercedini!

Ella Estelle: Yeah! Mercedini had waited such a long time to win the WorldVision Song Contest and they did it with a cracking song which won the Britonish Televote!

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: So...without further ado, please welcome to the stage, Ylinqar!

INTERVAL ACT
Ylinqar - "Occhi"
Tune: Mahmood - "Soldi"
Music: A. Titu, F. Gabrinelli, F. Vaunche • Lyrics: A. Titu, S. Borlaviac, F. Gabrinelli

Three backing singers are located at the side of the stage to accompany Ylinqar with the vocals, who are all holding their own bouquet of flowers.Two leather armchairs located to his left which will be used for the choreography later in the song. A close-up of his face begins the performance, with his face barely lit with a simple deep red background behind him.

Due cuori insieme ma distanto
Il ghiaccio scorre nelle loro veno
Non osando guardarci l'un l'altro
Ma vogliono ancora una voltio

Il suo caffè, è diventato fredda
Il suo truccei è stato lavato via
Scende la notte, e loro odia

Two hears together, yet distant
Ice flowing through their vains
Not daring to each other
But they want one more time together

His coffee has since gone cold
Her make-up has since washed away
Night falls, and they start to hate

Ylinqar rocks side to side as he repeats any words in the second half of the first verse, with a short cut over to the backing singers before returning to the action on the main part of the stage. White beams of light all converge onto Ylinqar and flash with the piano chords of the accompanying music. The colours subside, leaving only the white lights to rise from the floor and converge of his hand as he lifts it up into a fist in the air. For the final third of this part of the song, cameras switch from a left-view to a right-view before the first verse comes to a conclusion with the camera zooming in on Ylinqar from a central point.

E loro odia, odia, odia
"Perché odia, odia, odia?"

Per un momento, una scintilla dentro di loro si accendai
Due anime in guerra si fermano per un respira

Lento, si avvicinano
I secondi sembrano'ro
Le stelle si uniscono

And they hate, hate, hate
"Why do we hate, hate, hate?"

But for a moment, a spark within them begins to ignite
Two souls at war stop for a breath

Slowly, they approach
Seconds feel like hours
The stars come together

The first chorus begins with a wide view of the arena, with everyone flashing their phone lights in the audience with Ylinqar singing in the back ground. The white beams of light flash downwards for each drum slap that sounds inside the arena and in the television sets for the people watching at home. For the duration of the chorus, the camera work shows shots of the stage from far away to show the viewers the scope of the arena. The audience watch on as Ylinqar walks over to the two leather seats for the choreography of the second verse, he is clearly enjoying his performance this time round.

Cosa vedono?
Ameriti occhi, occhi
Nessun ei, comprendiosi occhi, occhi
Condine, nun esso prami puti, puti

M'aleve odia, odia, odia
"Smettila odia, odia, odia"

What do they see?
Through blackened eyes, eyes
Nothing felt as they cover their eyes, eyes
Blank stares, he sees nothing but a prostitute, prostitute

But they still hate, hate, hate
"Stop this hate, hate, hate"

The second verse choreography consists of the single shot viewing the two leather chairs which were alluded to before, the shot doesn't move and is fixed on the seat for the duration of the second verse. A Computer Generated filter on the shot adds a woman to the shot who is sitting opposite, with a number of children running around the two of them, both in front of them and behind them. Ylinqar looks at the woman sitting opposite (who isn't actually there) who simply sits there and listens. The Mercedinian vocalist stands up, which triggers a reaction in the virtual filter and the fake-people on screen, as the darken and crumble into dust as Ylinqar walks away into the centre of the stage for the lead-up to the second chorus.

Il giorno dopo, nulla cambio
L'ignarenza riempie la dimoro
"Hai sentito quello che senta?"
"Se'mi 'tissi ero all'inferna"
Inizia una giornata normale

E loro odia, odia, odia
"Perché odia, odia, odia?"

The following day, nothing changes
The air of ignorance fills the home
"Did you feel what I felt?"
"If I felt, I was in hell"
A normal day begins

And they hate, hate, hate
"Why do we hate?"

White lights return to the staging and flickers as the song's piano notes move up and down to become apparent in the performance. Mirroring the staging of the first verse, the camera move from left to right and from near to far to encapsulate the message in the song with direction and visual clues to the audience at home, some subtle, but some a lot more obvious to give the people at home a viewing feast for those who are switched on. Ylinqar steps forward as the second chorus begins.

Per un momento, una scintilla dentro di loro si accendai
Due anime in guerra si fermano per un respira
Lento, si avvicinano
I secondi sembrano'ro
Entrambi sono stati qui primo
Non importei

But for a moment, a spark within them begins to ignite
Two souls at war stop for a breath

Slowly, they approach
Seconds feel like hours
Both have been here before
They don't care

The Mercedinian performer walks along the long catwalk through the centre of the arena with all the frills and trimmings included in the staging which was included in the previous chorus' staging. Flags are waving as camera across the arena in Lipa track the Mercedinian as he makes his way past thousands in attendance. The primary colours flash and change with each drum beat that rings around the arena. Ylinqar covers his eyes as the screen fades to black to conclude the second chorus. We are well into the song with the audience getting more and more into it.

Ameriti occhi, occhi
Lui vede quancun altri, altri

M'aleve odia, odia, odia

(As they watch through) blackened eyes, eyes
He sees someone else, someone else

Ylinqar stands at the end of the runway and on the connected island as the lights flash violently around the arena, catching on the lens and blinding the audience at home with the sheer amount of light that is being emitted by the lights, mainly from the stage. The camera adds a quick cut which shows the backing singers all watching on with their hands on the microphone, singing along as Ylinqar stands stationary, the only stationary thing in an arena of action and energy. He lifts his hand up to conclude the interlude with the light all stopping motionlessly.

Mamma chi? Mamma chi? Chi e qui per noi?
Te ne sei andato, non c'e niente quira
Papa chi? Papa chi? Chi e lei, ti figli, per noi?
Avamo, avamo tutto, ora nienai

Nessun ei, comprendiosi occhi

Mother who? Mother who? Who is coming for us?
You left, now nothing remains
Father who? Father who? Who is she, your children, to us?
We had everything, now we have nothing

No feelings, as the cover their eyes

He now turns his back on the audience to walk back to the main portion of the stage, which is tracked by cameras from multiple angles. A manned-camera now moves up on to the stage and circles the Mercedinian performer with the lights from the stage on one side and the lights from the audience on the other. Ylinqar steadies himself for the final chorus of the song, with audience deadly quiet to listen to the song and not disturb the emotion of the song which the Mercedinian delegation is hoping to translate to the international audience.

Lento, si avvicinano
I secondi sembrano'ro
Le stelle si uniscono
Cosa vendono?

Slowly, they approach
Seconds feel like hours
The stars come together
What do their see?

He covers his eyes with one hand while he is holding the microphone with his other as the primary colours which were present at the start of the song now bleeds into the screen behind the performer as the lights which illuminate him now fade into darkness, in a near perfect recreation of the opening seconds of the song. The lights whip around the arena one more time to the sound of the drum beats.

The primary colours now flash one by one once again as Ylinqar takes a step back from the stage and towards the rear of the stage. No lights are illuminating the people on stage as they become silhouettes in the coloured screen which lines the back of the stage. The final notes ring out across the stage as Ylinqar throws one fist into the air to finish his performance, following a long night of music and energy.

Ameriti occhi, occhi

Nel mundira, influsci piu di te stessa
Due amanti, caduti nel nulla
M'aleve odia, odia, odia

Through blackened eyes, eyes

In this world, you effect more than just yourself
Two lovers, fallen to nothing

The crowd cheer for their champion, he spreads his arms wide as he looks around the stadium to take in the moment, not just for himself but for his nation, he thanks the Britonish crowd in English and in his native Mercedinian. "Grazij, Thank You Britonisea, thanks you all!!" The shot lingers on Ylinqar as he takes in the moment of tens of thousands of fans chanting his name in Lipa.
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019: Host Intervention

Postby Britonisea » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:25 pm

There was then a quick thirty-second video which was shown to all of the viewers at home which was of a conversation between Ylinqar and Elias Auvergne-Lancey who had interviewed him earlier. After Ylinqar answered a question and the men laughed, we were joined in the arena on the main stage where Elias and Ella stood on a podium made for the two of them. They looked into the camera seriously, with the lighting and music following the dramatic and serious atmosphere. It was time to find out the winner of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019.

Ella Estelle: Thank you to Ylinqar for that amazing performance. That was a winner of the WorldVision Song Contest who just graced our stage, but we are looking for his successor and we believe that we might just have the act.

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: But the final decision was down to you, Britonisea. You were given the opportunity to vote during the songs and throughout the International Votes. It is now time to reveal the results of your final say. But first, let's go to our show producer to confirm that we have the votes ready.

The Britonish audience cheered loudly, the loudest they have been all night. The time had just gone quarter past 10 in Britonisea with the winner of the contest being less than 15 minutes (since the show ends at 22:30). Millions of Britons around the country were watching the contest - with this part of the show usually being the peak, garnering over 20 million households. The cameras panned up from Ella and Elias and focused on the show's producer.
Elias Auvergne-Lancey: Hello, Show Producer! Can you please confirm to us that the votes are ready!?

Show Producer: Hello there Elias and Ella! I can confirm that the Britonish votes are ready for you all waiting for it. We have split Britonisea into seven different voting areas. West & Central, South, East, Doportedas, North, Aloquirbe and finally Telm City!

Ella Estelle: That's fantastic news, we are pleased to hear that everything is going according to plan! Oh - I have just received the votes.

Show Producer: I also want to reveal that tonight, 23.6 million votes have come through, with the most votes coming from Doportedas who has accounted for 4.1 million of those votes. We have totally smashed last year's votes. Not as much as those from Taeseon but I am sure we're after their vote count next year.

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: Before we get started, I heard that something special is going to happen for the 2020 Vha Mehlodhivestoile? Could you shed some more light on this?

Show Producer: (rubs his chin) Well, the 2020 edition of Vha Mehlodhivestoile is going to be very special for us in Britonisea. It will be the fifth year of Vha Mehlodhivestoile among other things. There are big plans in place but I can tell you that Vha Mehlodhivestoile will be bigger and better than ever to celebrate the new decade and hopefully another five years of the nation's favourite show! More information will be revealed in the coming weeks.

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: How exciting! Thank you so much!

The camera cuts back to the hosts on the stage...
Ella Estelle: We are now going to go around the nation to figure out who is going to win Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019. Unlike last year, we will be bringing together the spokespersons representing each area. So for example, we will be starting off in Machievelihe where Justs Prazeres will reveal the points representing the Central and West, which includes Machievelihe so give him a huge round of applause.

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: This is going to be so fun! What will happen is that each spokesperson will tell us when the Bottom Eight have been revealed - these are the songs that finished 3rd (and therefore receiving eight points) all the way down to last (and therefore receiving one point).

Ella Estelle: Each spokesperson will then reveal who came first. Whoever came first will gain 12 points and the act that wasn't called out from the top 2 will receive ten point. Simple? If you don't get it, don't worry, it will make sense after we go to Justs Prazeres.

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: Are you ready, Ella?

Ella Estelle: More than ever!

The pair looked at each other, smiling, before looking back at the camera.
Ella Estelle: The first spokesperson is Justs Prazeres from Machievelihe!

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019: Central Britonisea (1/8)

Postby Britonisea » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:15 pm

The first person who flashed up on the screen was Justs Prazeres, with the scoreboard appearing next to him barren of any activity. Ella Estelle was the first one to greet Justs.

Ella Estelle: Hello there, Mister! How are you doing on this fine night?

Justs Prazeres: Hello Britonisea, hello Ella and Elias, this is Machievelihe calling. I am not doing too badly, I am immensely proud that my city has hosted such a fantastic edition of the Grand Final of our favourite show. I am sad that it’s nearly over but I wish that we return to Machievelihe very soon for another great show! The bottom eight songs of Machievelihe has now been distributed!

George Alleyne and AUTUMN were chosen as the top 2 from the Central Vote.

Ella Estelle: Yes, I agree! The Machievelihan audience is certainly one of the best audiences in the Multiverse - I hope to return here too. Justs, would you do us the honours and tell us which song received the 12 points from Central?

Justs Prazeres: Indeed. The winner of the Central Televote is…

GEORGE ALLEYNE

George Alleyne wins in the Central, gaining 12 points and placing on top of Giselles.

Justs Prazeres: Thank you very much, Ella and Britonisea. You have been wonderful!

Ella Estelle: No, thank you for your help! Next up we’re going to head off to South where Eva Almast is waiting for us in Araparta!

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Vha Mehlodhivestoile: South Britonisea (2/8)

Postby Britonisea » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:30 pm

Eva Almast flashes on the screen looking saucier than ever with the current points being shown next to her. This time, it was Elias Auvergne-Lancey who was to greet the WorldVision Song Contest 72 Britonish Representative.

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: Hello, Eva in Araparta! How is life after the WorldVision Song Contest?

Eva Almast: Hekki Britonisea - this is Araparta calling! I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the WorldVision Song Contest but it has been a nice time to get away from that and have a bit of a break. But I am here, being the spokesperson for the South. You are now able to see the bottom eight songs from the Southern Televote!

Here are the bottom eight songs.

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: We, unfortunately, missed out on Vha Mehlodhivestoile being in the South this year, but we do know that Luton hosted such a fantastic Grand Final last year and hopefully one day we will see the contest in Araparta. Now please, Eva, could we have the best song according to the Southerners?

Eva Almast: Yes! Sure! The Southern 12 points go to...

AUTUMN

Autumn wins the South Britonish votes, gaining 12 points from them.

Eva Almast: Thank you Elias - thank you Britonisea! I will see you soon!

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: Thank you, Eva! Next up is the East voting with KAYLEY who is in...guess where? (*sings*) Per, teiston euten - Junteräpten!
Last edited by Britonisea on Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019: East Britonisea (3/8)

Postby Britonisea » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:40 pm

KAYLEY appeared on the screen from a fancy location along the Junterapten Lights. She was greeted by a huge roar from the audience. KAYLEY smiled and flicked her hair before Ella Estelle started to speak.

Ella Estelle: Hello, KAYLEY! Are you enjoying the show from Junterapten?

KAYLEY: I am certainly enjoying the show from Junterapten, haha! Hello everybody, this is Junterapten calling with the results from the televotes in the East. I am more than proud to be announcing the results of the East from a prime location such as Junterapten. Anyway! Those votes?! The bottom eight songs are displayed!

The current leader gains 5 points which keeps them in the lead so far...

KAYLEY: And our twelve points are going to...

AUTUMN

AUTUMN take the lead as the gain another 12 points...

KAYLEY: Congratulations, AUTUMN! It’s a fantastic song…

Ella Estelle: Thank you, KAYLEY! Right! Next up is Doportedas to vote with the very, very handsome Younes Wright Harel waiting for us!
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019: Doportedas (4/8)

Postby Britonisea » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:50 pm

Younes Wright-Harel appeared on the screen before smiling and waving. The Britonish audience applauded Younes, who came fourth at the 71st WorldVision Song Contest. Elias Auvergne-Lancey was the first to approach him…

Younes Wright-Harel: Where is he? Well, he’s in Doportedas - Hello, there, Younes! How are you doing?

Younes Wright-Harel: Hey, Machievelihe! This is Doportedas calling. I am absolutely thrilled to see who will be Britonisea’s next WorldVision Song Contest and World Hit Festival representative. The excitement here is definitely on par with the dramatic 40th World Hit Festival therefore I won’t keep you for long. Displayed are the votes from Doportedas.

AUTUMN has received 7 points and so stays in the lead. George Alleyne takes the 8 points and goes in front of Daria Calic.

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: Fantastic! Those were the bottom eight, but what about the top 2? Younes, could we please have the song that received 12 points from Doportedas?

Younes Wright-Harel: Oh of course! Our 12 points are going to…

ROCHELLE FOX!!

Rochelle wins the televote in Doportedas, pushing Alyxhia down to fourth place at the halfway point.

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: Thank you so much, Younes Wright-Harel! I will hope to see you in person again?!

Younes Wright-Harel: Yes, of course! See you soon, Elias!

Elias Auvergne-Lancey: Right, let’s have a tiny break and see where we are!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates